[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>When will Japan open to tourists again?
Most likely never
>Ok, but seriously, when will Japan be open to tourists? Give me an estimate.
Two more weeks: https://www.japan-guide.com/news/alerts.html
>Is Hiroshima+Miyajima worth it as a day trip from Osaka/Kyoto?
Yes
>How do I travel by public transportation?
Install the "Official Japan Travel App"
>How do I say “I'm lonely, please be my waifu,” in Japanese?
https://4chanint.fandom.com/wiki/Japanese#Resources
>Dude, what should I see in ________?
https://www.japan-guide.com/
https://www.jnto.go.jp/
>Solid general guides - sights, sample itineraries, pre-travel considerations, etc
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1fmfaySQHmojbRGKWCwRecq6Ln1Bb2Xdh&ll=35.67928012473078%2C139.68638283648374&z=12

>ーCurrent status on the Miyajima Floating Torii Gateー
Absolutely fucked. Consequently, it's not worth visiting Miyajima.

ーInfo on Japenese Slutsー
>http://rockitreports.com/category/
>http://erolin.net
>http://rockitrisingsun.com
>https://paradise-tokyo.net
>http://hentaitokyo.com

ーJR Passー
Many people ask about whether or not the JR Rail Pass is worth it. It depends on your itinerary.
>http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Plug your itinerary into Hyperdia to determine ticket costs, then compare to the below JR Pass options:
>7 day Pass: 29,110¥ (approximately a Tokyo-Kyoto round-trip bullet train trip)
>14 day Pass: 46,390¥
>21 day Pass: 59,350¥

Super-easy rail pass calculator. Fill in your planned trips, get a quick yes/no response.
>https://www.japan-guide.com/railpass/
>>
Japs now blaming US military for rising Omicron cases - expect further border restrictions
>>
File: 20220106_155115.jpg (1.65 MB, 2518x1888)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
lads, it snowed so fucking much in Tokyo today
>>
File: 20220106_161312.jpg (1.05 MB, 1416x1888)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>
File: 20220106_170750.jpg (946 KB, 2518x1888)
946 KB
946 KB JPG
comfy as fuck
>>
>>2168256
>>2168257
Wouldn‘t call that „fucking much“ but looks pretty anyway
>>
>>2168262
that is way more than normal for Tokyo, they are already issuing snow alerts and warning that public transport might be delayed. Tokyo does not usually get snow that piles up (it typically just melts)

of course it's nothing compared to Hokkaido and whatnot
>>
File: 1641403285160.png (120 KB, 506x499)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
Well with Omicron and the new French variant. Fuck sakes...Also, the possible hemorrhagic fever in China. Fuck sakes...I just hope they open up the Working Holiday Visa so I can go this year...
>>
I remember the public transit and expressways being a disaster after tons of snow piled up in Tokyo when was that, 2017?
>>
File: 1614071863635.jpg (43 KB, 500x375)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
IS HOLOCAUST DENIAL IN JAPAN A CRIME
>>
>>2168253
They'd still blame gaijins even if there wasn't a single one who had it.
>>
The school I applied to in early 2020 said the government has extended all COE's that were issued before October 31st 2021 until April 30th 2022.
They also wrote "The government is set to give an update regarding travel restrictions in the next weeks"
Hope we'll get some good news since Omicron generally appears to be mild even if it spreads fast.
>>
>>2168274
This
>>
>>2168266
They won’t open up in 2022. Maaybe late 2023 or beginning of 2024 but don’t hold your breath.
>>
> Our reporter Seiji Nakazawa decided to brave the crowds and go into battle for one of the sought-after limited-edition bags, but as soon as he arrived at Ginza to make his way to Uniqlo an hour before it opened on Jan 2, he wondered if he’d made the right decision.
> It was a calm and orderly opening, which Seiji was grateful for, but just as his turn came to be temperature-checked by staff, another staff member opened the second front door and all hell broke loose. People behind him scrambled to enter through the newly opened door, and when one person dashed through, the others followed, with a lot of people rushing past the temperature checkpoint and hand sanitisers unchecked.
Wow, based Nippon so polite, orderly and collectivistic! Truly a heaven on Earth!
>>
>>2168281
The best bet is they'll open for two-three weeks and then shut down again like the previous two times they opened for students and workers.
So whoever is eligible better be ready and have the money to go at moment's notice.
>>
File: 20220106_145947.jpg (4.26 MB, 4486x3364)
4.26 MB
4.26 MB JPG
>>2168260
Which shrine is this anon. I went to Meiji Jingu and it was amazing today.
>>
>>2168284
The other alterative is for MEXT students.
>>
>>2168292
Konno Hachimangu Shrine in Shibuya

Meiji Jingu sounds like a good choice. I really wanted to go to Asakusa today but I realized that it was snowing too late, so I had to go somewhere closer
>>
Tricot are playing where I live this spring. Wanted to see them the times I went to Japan, but they weren't playing any of them.
Still nice they're playing here. I thought I was the only person who knew about them here.
If I can go to Japan, Japan can at least come to me.
>>
>>2168324
I mean if I can't go to Japan, Japan can come to me....
>>
>>2168324
>I thought I was the only person who knew about them here.
anon come the fuck on they're npt exactly an obscure band and there are weebs literally on every country on earth
>>
>>2168333
I know, but you still pretty much never ever ever ever see any Japanese acts play here. They're one of the most well known Japanese bands outside of the Japan the last few years, but that still makes them obscure at best here. So yeah, I figure only handful of people know them here.
Still, it's a very small venue they're playing at, so it'll be fun. Would be cool if you can say hi to them afterwards too.
>>
>>2168324
I saw baby metal in their first euro tour when nobody had heard of them

Better than your faglord band lmao
>>
>>2168345
Nice. A guy in my Japanese evening class went to their concert here too just before Covid hit.
I like metal too, but I don't like Baby Metal. The only thing they did I thought was cool was I saw a clip from one of their concerts where the two dancer girls crucify the singer girl. That was pretty brutal. But other than that, I can't stand kawaii stuff and dance routines and stuff like that. The whole "kawaii" and idol thing is something I will never understand or like in Japan. I went to a concert too with multiple bands, with Deadlift Lolita's debut show, just as a joke really. It was mind blowing to see those different bands. Not music I would ever listen to, but it was fun to see it that one time. How fucking mental it all was, and the crowd of mainly 35+ aged men doing mosh pits to three 14 year old girls singing and dancing kawaii rock on stage. It was fucked up.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Tricot though. Love most of their stuff.
They have a great music scene out there.
>>
>>2168256
>>2168257
>>2168260
I really want to experience cute snowy Tokyo
>>
>>2168345
Babymetal was supposed to show up in a live metal festival one month after corona started, I'm still mad about that one. The organizers thought it would be a nice meme to show empty blank lines instead of the band names on the t-shirt so I didn't even get a babymetal tshirt for the ticket's price.

>>2168429
It's not that great, they don't have much experience with snow so they let it stay on the sidewalks instead of shoveling it and spraying salt over the road. I kept slipping all the time even though I'm used to snow.
>>
>>2168454
yeah but from the window of the shibuya crossing starbucks is it cute?
>>
>>2168461
Probably so, but I don't go to starbucks in general.
>>
>>2168324
So glad I checked this thread, had no idea Tricot were playing in my country even tho tickets have been on sale for over 3 months
Would've been gutted if I missed them haha
>>
>>2168570
You're welcome anon, hope you have fun at the show!
>>
>>2168578
You too!
Still haven't got round to listening to their new album lol
>>
>>2168580
It's alright, not their best, but I always like when the a band/artist just makes what they want and don't cater to what they think people will like. Keeps the music honest.
I preferred the black album from 2020. That was some good shit.
>>
>>2168256
>>2168257
>>2168260
That's really nice. It didn't really snow too much in Kyoto (last week). When it did, it was lovely, but then by 12pm it was already melted away. Sad. This time it didn't snow at all.
>>
File: 146514-thumb.png (21 KB, 136x102)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>2168281

Let's give a definitive answer as to when they'll open : As long as new variants shatter the efficiency of vaccines and manage to overload hospitals across the world, neither Taiwan nor Japan will fully reopen. Domestic tourism is good enough for both, and not letting the gaijin steal the asian man's job, while a very demagogic opinion, gets people elected so they'll continue this policy until they realize they are in dire need of people to pay for their pension, at which time they might quickly open.

In other words, forget about tourism visas until Covid is not a threat anymore. The way it's going, even 2025 won't be enough. As for working visas... Have you seen any significant rise in salaries lately ? No ? That means they don't give a fuck about their job surplus and they'll keep not giving a fuck for a long while too.

>>2168284
don't count on that too much, unless things get better, they always look at the trend before making a decision. Problem is, it takes a little delay to evaluate the trend and, if it goes south again, they'll just forget about it. And from how things go (how the omicron variant fucked christmas and how covid usually reappears in march), there won't be much quick opportunities in the near future. Maybe by mid august.
>>
>>2168253
Americans think masks and vaccines are oppression, of course we're getting blamed.
>>
>>2168756
>Americans think masks and vaccines are oppression
They are
I‘m not American
>>
>>2168274
>>2168278
>Japanese returnees have to get tested for covid before coming back
>US didn't even bother before shipping Marines over
>magically, a cluster
>>
>>2168756
It is the mandates that are the oppression. The people in power that put these mandates in place do not even follow them. They also rely on the people self-enforcing it or using authoritarian might (state/city police) to do it.
>>
>>2168756
there are no mask or vaccine mandates in Japan, so I'm not sure what the point of this post even is
>>
>>2168758
>not american
a chud perhaps
>>
Planning to go in 2023 when hopefully this bullshit is sorted
Everyone I hear about going seems to minmax their time and spend like 2-3 days in every city which sounds very stressful, wouldn't it be a lot more comfier spending like 2 months/10days each city and just walk around exploring and doing maybe 1 specific attraction a day?
Anyone done something like that? I was thinking around 150-200$ for each day should leave me plenty extra
>>
>>2168773
Every single Japanese city, with the exception of Tokyo and Osaka, doesn‘t offer enough attractions to justify spending 10 whole days there
>>
>>2168761
I'm not saying the US troops are without blame at all.
>>
Is it possible to renew prescription drugs by going directly to the pharmacy if you have the box with your name and info on it or is Japan strict with that stuff even if you play stupid foreigner I know it works in other countries
>>
>>2168756
Mandates are oppression, yes. I’m not american by the way.
>>
>>2168570
>>2168578
Just say you're from the UK. It's not a rare nationality on 4chan lmao
>>
>>2168851
Asking somebody to please take care of yourself, your surroundings and fellow men during extraordinary times isn't oppression.
The only mandate from all this that I'd deem oppressive is mandatory vaccinations. I'm vaccinated, but it should your own choice.
Why do people comply to so much other shit, but "fuck you I won't wear a mask aaaarrrggh!!!"
In Japan, people wear masks as soon as they leave the house. Even people out in nature has masks on. I don't think they're mandates in Japan, but 99,9% of people you see in videos and photos from this whole period have masks on. You'd be shunned pretty much everywhere you go in Japan if you don't wear a mask and comply to their regulations (you can't even fucking get in anyway)
I'm fucking tired of all this shit too, so don't get me wrong. People just have it too fucking easy.
>>
>>2168853
I'm from Denmark, but I lived in the UK for a short while too.
>>
File: 1641237228874.jpg (114 KB, 1024x1019)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
assuming japan does open up I'll be applying for a business visa since my work has an office there, will I need to be vaccinated?

litterally everywhere I've look I haven't found anything about unvaccinated.
>>
>>2168870
last time it opened up, vaccination certificates were only used to shorten quarantine. Japan does not discriminate based on vaccination status otherwise
>>
>>2168845
You need a new prescription from a doctor.
>>
>>2168691
Given how omicron appears to be less severe, but fast spreading, I still hope the fact that it's less severe will pave way for another open window for students/workers, but I think it'll be brief again like the other times. I hope it's not as bleak as you say, but it's been brutal the last two years for sure. I'm just trying to remain optimistic.

>>2168870
In terms of visa, you may as well start trying to apply for one because it takes a while to process either way. They also went in order of when you had it granted in terms of who was eligible for entry first. So the sooner you get the visa the better.

>>2168875
"Discriminate" lel, calling it discrimination is ridiculous and whiny.
And even then, isn't it only Japanese nationals who can reenter without being vaccinated? I doubt it applies to foreigners and I particularly doubt you can enter without being vaccinated once they open the floodgates for tourists.
>>
File: 1639246317398.jpg (525 KB, 3024x4032)
525 KB
525 KB JPG
>>2168875
fucking based all I needed to hear chief.
>>2168880
I ask this because I've recently just recovered from covid and in Australia you can apply for a 6 months temp exemption which basically let's you back into society. during this time however I'm just going to look at leaving because fuck this place it's a shithole dystopia.
I can see tourist visa getting snubbed hence why I'd go for a business visa.
>>
>>2168880
>isn't it only Japanese nationals who can reenter without being vaccinated?
no, since a gigantic backlash in early 2020 there have been no differences in the rules for nationals and foreigners, and I don't think anyone expects there to be any (except for tourists).
unvaccinated foreigners with valid visas could enter freely during the last opening in late 2021.

also, just FYI, it is discrimination whether or not you agree with the reason why someone is being discriminated against
>>
>>2168882
Ah ok, I mean if you've recovered from it already your body should be good to go vaccine or not. That's at least what we've been told throughout this whole thing.
I'd get to work on applying for a business visa asap if I were you anon.

>>2168883
Ah I didn't know that. I still find it extremely odd that they'd be so strict about entry and not let anybody in, but then be ok with foreigners not being vaccinated. Maybe it's because it was so few they let in a day they could manage it. But like I said, and you too, I doubt tourists will be let in without being vaccinated. It just seems so weird if they would given how strict they've been with everything else.

And no, it's not discrimination, and yes your life is too easy if you believe it is.
>>
File: 2022-01-07.jpg (344 KB, 629x437)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
why is china not on this list? truly boggles the mind
>>
>>2168911
Maybe because they have control of the virus better than your shithole
>>
>>2168918
but I'm not from asia. also
>believing chinese statistics
>>
>>2168918
Of course they have control over the very thing they created.
>>
japan doesnt want retarded sexpat faggots like you, just accept it.
>>
>>2168884
>discrimination is not discrimination
right
>>
>>2168911
It's not like it matters, the entry ban is one thing.. but China is still included on the other heavy measures they have taken. You're only allowed to arrive at two airports, depending on the covid situation at the time you might get sent back on the same plane, if you test positive on their tests as you arrive you get sent back on the same plane, the planes you arrive on are not allowed to be full because that's "too many people to control", you have to quarantine obviously, etc etc. I think they are not on the list completely because there's like a million chinese workers in Japan, sure it might seem that they are controlling the spread in China but I don't think that matters too much since Japan doesn't trust CCP to begin with.. so I think it's all about not losing a million workers
>>
>Pewdiepie bought a house in Japan and everything
>Planned to move there
>Corona happened
>Not allowed in
>House and everything has been standing there empty for years
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIqAHYuFdSw

I like how his fans that wants to go to Japan to study are asking him to speak to the government, kek'd
>>
>>2168938
He bought a house and wanted to live in Japan how? On a tourist visa? If he got a working visa he could have gone there
>>
>>2168939
He didn't mention the specifics, but he did say "approved for 5 years" and "had to open an office in Japan".. so maybe he went for the business manager visa, I don't know
>>
>>2168933
It's not discrimination, so yeah, it isn't. Go whine somewhere else.
>>
>>2168911
Fucking crazy. It's almost like a joke who they'd let in and who they want to keep out.
>>
File: 1638624279126.png (207 KB, 800x800)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
>>2168961
>it's not discrimination because I say so
>>
>>2168964
>But it's discrimination because I say it is!
It's not discrimination buddy.
>>
>>2168935
naruhodo ne
>>
I still have about 2500 yen left on my pasmo which is valid until 2029, I'm hoping I can use them up before then.
>>
>>2168977
That will be worth about 2 cents in today‘s terms once Japan opens up
>>
>>2168967

You're either underage or a neet, which one is it?
>>
>>2168854
>asking
Mandates aren't asking. They're forcing. You know why Japanese people wear masks all the time? Because they can't take work off without pissing everyone off so they have to show up to work sick. That's what the masks are for. Sure, it would be appreciated if sick people wear a mask if they have to be near other people, but just stay home if you're that sick. This idea that wearing a mask will suddenly stop covid is baseless and mask mandates are bullshit at the end of the day

Also, if japanese wear masks all day everyday, why is covid still an issue there? Shouldn't they be covid free if 99% wear masks?
>>
>>2168918
Yellow Chang hands typed this
>>
>>2168935
god I would take all that on the chin if it meant I could be free once inside
>>
>>2168911
>bans the entire EU
>bans Israel
>china is ok though :^)
send the black ships
>>
>>2169005
Again, what damage does it do to your life having an oh so oppressive mandate to take care of your surroundings during extraordinary times? Nobody thinks it's fun other than psychos.
Mask mandates in the west is also just shit like "please wear a mask and keep distance while you buy groceries" and stuff like that. Wow, my fucking freedom is being taken from me! This is fucking oppressive man! It's ridiculous.

Covid numbers are extremely low in Japan. I'd look into what they're doing that makes them handle it so well. Wearing masks isn't the end all be all solution at all, but it's part of the solution.
It's an issue like everywhere, but look at the infection rates compared to other places. They had less than 20 infected a day in Tokyo for almost two months straight. A city of 30m or so people. They had a slight uptick the last two-three weeks and have roughly 100 new infected in Tokyo. But still, that's 100 in a city of 30m fucking people. You're being willfully ignorant if you think they're not doing something right with those numbers and masks are part of their equation.
>>
>>2169027
>>2168924
>>2168911
cause China controlled the virus. Fucking kek is the butthurt from anglo monkeys hilarious. Months ago an anon posted a Japanese government website showing that they were documenting all their imported cases by nationality. China was essentially at zero which just led to mutts and angloids here coping with "muh fake jap statistics!" (As if Japan and China are even on the same side). Someone post the site again cause my Japanese is shit. Would be curious to see if anything changed.
>>
>>2167393
Everyone I've spoken to online has basically told me that it's impossible to get a job in Japan as a foreigner unless you're an ESL teacher/military/programmer/inter-company transferee
Anyone here who's an exception to that rule or knows someone who is an exception? Not gonna give up on my dream until I've given it everything I've got haha
>>
>>2168977
I have 20 yen remaining :3
at the time I thought it was stupid only going to japan for a week but man am I glad I at least went and have fond memories to look back on
>>
>>2169048
You're either a retard for believing data from a communist state or a paid china shill
>>
>>2169048
traveled europe and SA just fine this summer and it was perfectly fine albeit some countries had vaccine passports. don't see why we need to go full welding people in doors and forcing pregnant women to miscarry like they did in Xi'an just to go visit Japan. It's absolute non-sense
>>
>>2169055
Don't see why it would be so special, it's the same as every other country. If you're in a field that even natives are competing for positions, or you cannot speak the local language then obviously you're at a big disadvantage.
If it's your dream just learn the language and git gud enough in your field to be a valuable asset to a company, no harm in trying since even at the worst case you just improved yourself.
>>
>>2168256
god I hate snow
>>
>>2169087
Thanks anon, and yeah
>no harm in trying since even at the worst case you just improved yourself
is the mindset I'm going in with. There are other ways I can get income to support myself so I can stay in Japan for a few years on WHV/student visa if that's what I feel like doing, in total I'd have like 4 years from now to get good and get a decent portfolio so I could increase my chances of getting a work visa
>>
>had sex with girl
>I ask if I'm her first gaijin(American)
>she says she had a French guy before me
>does the tiny penis finger gesture and laughs
Sorry Frenchbros
>>
>>2169124
what is a tiny penis gesture?
>>
Is it hard to get into japanese universities for graduate degrees?
People either say it's impossible and how much nip profs hate dealing with gaijins or make it sound like pretty much a sure thing
>>
>>2169124
She meant you
>>
>>2169124
>had sex with girl
Can’t relate
>>
>>2169069
I wish I'd gone to Kyoto, I mostly stuck to Tokyo and Yokohama as well as visiting some of Kyushu as well (Fukuoka and Nagasaki are so beautiful, I would definitely recommend visiting them).

I really hope we all get the chance to visit again soon. There's so much I still want to see.
>>
When I go, I'm probably gonna buy a fuck ton of music CDs and fuck around with my friend the rest of the time I'm there since CDJapan's prices are dogwater. What places do you guys reccommend for Music CDs? I don't mind getting preowned.
>>
>>2168756
Mandated they are indeed oppression, the only thing some of you burgers get right. Yuropoor here, btw.
>>
>>2169124
>>2169125
Yeah, what's the tiny penis gesture? The pinky wiggle?
>>
>>2169147
It's easy, you just give them money.
>>
>>2169224
where ever tower records is in Tokyo that area has a lot of shops.
>>
File: dark-wojak-fade-black.png (90 KB, 900x1042)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
>always wanted to visit Japan but could never afford it
>finally get decent job and schedule trip
>Japan closes their borders forever
>>
>>2168955
Yes he went for the business visa. He mentions having an office, a company and an employee there
>>
>>2168756
subhuman jew
>>
>>2169262
Same man, same. I'm in the exact boat with ye
>>
>>2169224
Definitely Tower Records. The one in Shibuya is especially choice. A nice stack of records followed me home on my last trip.
>>
So what vaxx should I get?
>>
>>2169305
the one that gets you into japan
>>
File: jaina.png (269 KB, 1271x804)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>2169085
>>2169007
>>2168924
Imagine when the world's most famous and most respected medical journal finds that China controlled the virus but brainwashed butthurt mutts still dont. Sad!
>>
>>2169305
The last info I heard is Japan only recognizes a person with the Moderna and Pfizer as vaccinated. All the others will have you treated as a non-vaccinated person.

They also recently just said they would not "discriminate" against people not getting the vaccine under medical exemption and recently myocarditis. I have not seen news from them about natural immunity.
>>
>>2169224
Tower Records in Shibuya is amazing. It's like walking back into big music stores of old like HMV in London and shit like that. It's amazing.
There's a bunch of smaller stores too around Shibuya with used vinyl and other stuff, but I can't remember specifically other than a small HMV (that I don't think has any relation to the real one) right next to Tokyu Hands, also in Shibuya. They had a lot of old stuff and even a bunch of cassette tapes.
I'm sure there's tons more stores like that though, but not sure where and the last time I was there was pre covid, so who knows if they're still around.

It would seem like owning music physically is still very big in Japan considering places like Tower Records still exists, but I also hear at the same time from friends I have there, that none of the younger people really buy it.
Still, I like owning physical copies of music I like. I bought a ton of cd's the first time I went to Japan.
>>
File: based japan.png (803 KB, 768x589)
803 KB
803 KB PNG
>Japan’s health ministry acknowledged the growing rate of heart inflammation among the vaccinated population. Then Japan’s public and private sectors were alerted to the fact and forbidden to discriminate against those who refuse the COVID vaccine. Furthermore, Japan has made it clear that “informed consent” is required to receive the vaccine. Japan now insists the vaccine labels warn of dangerous potential side effects such as myocarditis.
>As of November 14, out of every one million males who had the Moderna vaccine, such side effects were reported in 81.79 males aged 10 to 19 and 48.76 males in their 20s.
>The figures were 15.66 and 13.32 respectively for those who had the Pfizer vaccine.
>The ministry held a panel of expert on Saturday [Dec. 4] and proposed warning of the risk by printing “serious side effects” on the documents attached to the vaccines.
>It will also require hospitals to report in detail incidents involving people who developed the symptoms within 28 days after being vaccinated, according to the law.
>The plan was approved by the panel, and the ministry will notify municipalities.
>RairFoundation.com | Japan announces that public and private sectors can not discriminate against those who refuse the experimental mRNA gene therapy injections.
>Finally, they clearly state: “Please do not force anyone in your workplace or those who around you to be vaccinated, and do not discriminate against those who have not been vaccinated.”
>They also link to a “Human Rights Advice” page that includes instructions for handling any complaints if individuals face vaccine discrimination at work.
Article: https://archive.is/JSOkC Ministry of health: https://archive.is/Ixwq9
>>
>>2169332
(You)
>>
>>2168252
>Info on Japenese Sluts
i've heard only koreans, chinese and the likes are available. is that true?
>>
>>2168884
>I'd get to work on applying for a business visa asap if I were you anon.

Nobody can apply for a work visa or any visa right now. It doesn't matter where you are from or how much a Japanese company may want you. All is halted now. Only MEXT applicants can (in due time) and people with residency or married to a Japanese.
>>
>>2169337
No. That line, and anyone who tells you otherwise, is an angry LARPer.
>>
File: 1622351309192.jpg (48 KB, 622x579)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>2169262
Exact same situation, just stuck in lockdown hell for fucking years. By the time I'll be able to visit I'll be fucking geriatric.
>>
>>2169262
>>2169269
>>2169353
Use the time to save up enough money to make it the trip of your lives. Don't give up hope, but live your lives and save money until you can go. You'll be able to go sooner or later, just don't waste your time or money until then.
>>
>>2168773
Hi anon, I'm in the military so I'm able to travel within Japan even during covid. The way our vacation days work we can save them up so I save them and take longer vacations when I can. A lot of people take these rushed, shitty 4 day trips during our holiday breaks and they only go to Osaka and Tokyo, see the main tourist spots, and get drunk.

I prefer to spend several days in each city, it's more relaxed like you said and I can take a break if I want, or if I miss seeing something I can see it the next day. For reference, I spent a week in Kyoto, decided I wanted longer and booked a few extra days to enjoy the area. Then I had 3 days in Nara and a few in Osaka. My current trip, I spent a week in Hokkaido (half in Sapporo then half in Niseko to enjoy skiing). Then a while in Tokyo and now I'm in Sendai for 6 nights. Plus you can day trip easily to adjacent areas with the train system if you stay longer in one spot.

It's a far more comfy way to travel if you can budget for it. And you can wander through forests, temples, museums etc. at a slower pace and enjoy them more instead of rushing through and getting a few photos and catching a train.
>>
>>2169309
WHO also used to be famous and respected, now not so any more. Anon, officials, science, and facts stopped being objectively unquestionable like 10 years ago when everyone and their mother became a billionaire and money decides what is fact and how many genders there are.
>>
>>2169332
Yeah the heart side affect fucking sucks. I feel like I could just die any minute at 26, but I guess so long as you aren't active you won't get a heart attack. Who the fuck would have guessed in 2022 humanity is so incompetent and corrupt that millions of people would get heart attacks over an essentially mandatory vaccine that doesn't even work whatsoever even after taking 2 jabs and 3 boosters for it.
>>
>>2169364
>>2169366
not a politics board
>>
>>2169357
On the budget side I feel like doing it this way is just optimizing the budget really. At minimum the flight is 800$ but since its a 11 hour flight I'll have to go for premium eco and that's 1200$ minimum. Why spend 1200 to go on a short trip when I can spend the same amount and go for 2 months?
My only issue would be clothes but I guess using a coin operated machine isn't rocket science.
Other than that my plan is to spend around 10 days in each city so I can experience a full week minimum in each one, leave one full day open for nothing other than traveling in between.
My dad will probably join for me the first 2-3 weeks so those will probably the most hectic trying to fit in most of the typical tourist experiences and after that I'll just take my time just exploring around
As for budget I have think putting 12K$ available for the trip excluding the plane tickets will cover everything and I doubt I'll use it all since I'm not exactly a big spender, a couple 1000¥ meals+some konbini food and walking around a city looking at stuff might be all I do many days
>>
>>2169381
I always though that premium economy is a scam, if you pick the right airline then regular economy is pretty comfy too, especially JAL's 787s and Emirates' A380s. Pretty much the only two I picked when travelling to Japan from Europe.
>>
File: weebo with jal kit.jpg (77 KB, 649x689)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
is japan general interested in having a rapresentation in the /trv/ team in the cup chan?

if you don't know what is this, it's a sitewide tournament between 4chan boards simulated in a soccer game.
Each board can provide a team in which each player represents something from the board culture, most of the times using funny 3d models and custom textures
More info here >>2165324

I'm asking here because i don't browse the general, but since it's an old and active general i still feel it deserves a chance of representation in the team

The team already has the player Desperate Weeaboo since basically its founding 10 years ago, but if you guys believe there's something more specific that could be added, let me know.
Also ideas on how players should look like, or ideas on new kits the team could use are very welcome
>>
>>2169124
>haha I could only manage to score a used-up whore leftover by a French guy, b-but at least muh dick big
>>
>>2169357
Do you just travel by yourself? I enjoyed seeing the main sights alone but I can't imagine skiing in Hokkaido by myself. How do you make these trips fun?

>wander through forests, temples, museums
recommend some good places for wandering for hours, I love that shit
>>
>>2169391
For me the tiny normal seats are just horrible on such long flights. The extra width and leg room on the eco plus seats really help
The best is always eco and the plane is almost empty so you have the whole row for yourself so you can just lay down
>>
>>2169411
Yeah, that's why I mentioned those two in particular.
For example JAL's economy on the 787 beats some premium economy on other airlines I have flown with, check it out: https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/economy/seat/skywider.html

I kinda miss it, since I work for an airline now and I'm flying standby with them, much less comfy but 90% off full price I cannot say no to lol
>>
>>2169411
my hobby is sitting in economy in front of lanklet faggots who wanted to save money by not paying for premium. then full recline for the whole duration of the flight
>>
>>2169418
Looking at ticket prices for JAL and Emirates both of those up the price basically 3 times compared to any star alliance flights I can find and it adds 5-6 hours to the total time. Not really an option
>>
>>2169436
Ah that's too bad. They're generally one of the cheapest from where I'm flying, since I have no access to direct Japan flights either way, too small of a country.
>>
I read a comment somewhere saying that Shimokitazawa and Koenji are fully gentrified like Williamsburg/Shoreditch now and that the actually authentic artist/creative types had flocked to east Tokyo
Is this true? If so which areas/stations are they at?
>>
>>2169440
Can an area in Japan ever be fully or as gentrified as Shoreditch with the amount of foreigners living in Japan? It's more likely wannabe Japanese people moving to those areas. Shoreditch is a fucking dump,
>>
>>2169446
idk lad I'm not in Japan right now so I can't speak from personal experience, just want to move there and have far too much time on my hands which I spend researching Japan and speaking to anons here
and yeah Shoreditch is indeed a fucking dump, just a sea of overpriced vintage stores and copy pasted vegan burger places where a burger costs £13 and you have to pay £4 extra for chips
All the 'hipster' areas in London are like that there's nowhere authentic left
God I hate this city so much
>>
Note to self: Japanese people don't understand the concept of taking the piss.
>>
>>2169447
I think a lot native Japanese people avoid Shibuya because it's touristy and kinda small'ish (at least the central bit), but then again, my experience from all the tourist hot spots in Japan I visited were still 90% Japanese people.
I forget the name of the area of Tokyo known for having a lot of musicians living in the area (it is somewhere in the western part), but I'm sure it's like most other places that start out cool, but gets watered down once it gets too popular. People seek other places, but I don't know now. I think there's going to be a lot of new exploring to do once they open back up.

>>2169455
Most people, outside of a few countries like here in Scandinavia, don't fair well with sarcasm, irony and dark humor in "normal conversation".
>>
>>2169158
kyushu and hiroshima are my most wanted places to go next time as they look so fun to cycle around
>I really hope we all get the chance to visit again soon
we will anon, we will...
>>
>>2169461
Wait, Scandinavia uses sarcasm? I thought they would be too autistic for that
>>
>>2169461
>Most people, outside of a few countries like here in Scandinavia, don't fair well with sarcasm, irony and dark humor in "normal conversation".
Yeah
Almost ruined my chances with a nice girl tonight because I said "we both have the same horrible taste", and she took it literally and seemed pretty angry I said her taste was horrible
Gotta be more careful in the future
>>
I just want sex.
>>
>>2169515
If you want non-penetrative sex it's extremely easy
Or even anal
Quit bitching, beta
>>
How do Japanese women in general feel about dating Tall white, blue eyed high educated guys?
>>
>>2169524
It depends on your Japanese ability.
You definitely have an attractiveness advantage with maybe 70% of the population, but the vast majority of Japanese women can't speak English fluently enough to make up for you not knowing Japanese
>>
>>2169526
How strict are they on foreigners speaking Japanese though? Like will they encourage you if you don't speak it well yet but try your best to speak it? Or is it like with the French in Paris where they will just pretend not to understand you if you don't speak it really well?
>>
>coomerbait pic to attract replies
Anyone here gave experience with the CIR side of the jet program? I understand it's more difficult to get into, but has anyone here had first hand experience?
Stuff like pay, time working vs free, expectations, etc.
I'm studying to be n2 competent in a few years when my [engineering] degree is done.
What types of qualifications do they actually care about? I have time to get some certificates if they'll help.
And if I apply and get rejected, is the ALT side still an option?
Jet looks like easy mode entry if I can't find a way in through a company first
>>
>>2169527
If you can speak about N4 they will accept you, in my experience.
You need to be able to vaguely understand and hold a simple conversation.
Girls who will only speak English to you are a bit rare in my experience, but definitely do exist
I get maybe 9 Japanese only matches on tinder per 1 gaijin hunter who wants to practice english
>>
>>2169524
By the looks of the way you're typing, that's not you.. so don't worry about it
>>
>>2169529
Nice, that's good info and that sounds promising. Also can you comment a bit on what sets Japanese girls apart in relationships or romance for that matter? I've dated quite a few asians already, including one Japanese who lives here. But I read so much that Japanese tend to keep their emotions in because of tatemae. I can see that causing some trouble with a (in their eyes) direct communicating foreigner that shows emotions and talks about them.

Or is this something that attracts them to us? That they can be more open and direct with foreigners
>>
>>2169533
In my experience the girls who liked me, and kept talking to me, weren't willing to meet me until we built a relationship from daily messaging.
I guess they were a little intimidated and wanted to get to know me before meeting me offline.
Younger girls seem less worried about this though, I'm not sure why.

There's definitely a lot of cultural differences but you'll need to navigate that yourself, it's hard.
I'll note that a lot of girls won't date you seriously unless you do a formal kokuhaku (confession of love). A former girlfriend told me that if a guy doesn't confess his love to her overtly it's just a one night stand and they're not a couple
>>
>>2169534
>In my experience the girls who liked me, and kept talking to me, weren't willing to meet me until we built a relationship from daily messaging.

I actualy prefer it that way, I dislike that with Tinder and stuff here in the west I have to ask a girl out within a few days of matching with her or they move on. Everybody just wants fast results here.
>A former girlfriend told me that if a guy doesn't confess his love to her overtly it's just a one night stand and they're not a couple

I see, but let's say you navigate the initial obstacles succesfully. Once you get a Japanese girl in a relationship, how are they, in general, different from western girls?

And after that, I've heard it's almost impossible to get permanent residence as a foreigner in Japan, are a lot of the girls open to moving to a western country for the right guy?
>>
>>2169544
If you confess to a girl and she says yes, then she's your exclusive girlfriend
How exclusive depends upon the girl obviously
Not everybody in the east or west is totally loyal
>>
>>2169544
Just find the right girl and marry her, then you'd be able to live there
>>
am I really fucked if I cannot imrpove past N4/N3 and I am looking for a job that is not coding related? I currenlty work as a BI/Business Analyst but i never get replies from Linkedin, ffs
>>
>>2169575
spam your applications to as many positions as possible. maybe update or polish your linkedin
>>
>>2169576
I alwasy attach my CV, but I am starting to think that my CV is just garbage, I have a master's degree from top university and 3 years experience
>>
>>2168880
>"Discriminate" lel, calling it discrimination is ridiculous and whiny.
You people will hang soon.
>>
>>2169002
He's a tranny jew
>>
>>2169309
>october 2020
Funni since China has lockdowns now again, kek
>>
>>2169369
except when you want to post your redit trash to shill the vaccine right?
Nigger
>>
File: withered wojak.png (150 KB, 482x482)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>2169262
I'm sitting here with like 85k usd in the bank just waiting for them to open back up

I had scheduled a big trip a year before corona with a bunch of friends but they all dropped out one by one for various reasons and it got cancelled
planned another trip with a different group of friends and we had everything lined up but then corona hit and they shut everything down

this fucking blows I should've just gone solo in 2019 FUCK
>>
>>2169332
oh no 0.000048% of people who get moderna will have a weird side effects
>>
>>2169546
Girlfriends are like NFTs
>>
Think they'll open up again this year?
>>
>>2169475
Do not joke or use sarcasm with japanese people unless you know them really well and can take a joke. They're unironically unable to understand jokes and even less irony, and it will leave them either dumbfounded spouting 'え?' or thinking you're mean towards them. Most of them are legit autistic.
>>
Is the JET program still a thing?
I have been thinking about it again after I decided not to and got a job instead but... I still think I want to do it. and I am not getting younger.
>>
>>2169638
norwegian btw. I can only find info on jet from 2018 in norway
>>
>>2169638
It's been suspended since the start of covid, it will probably start back up along with borders opening.
>>
>>2169472
Danes are "fluent" in sarcasm and perpetual irony, Swedes and Norwegians aren't too far behind.
Even kids recognise sarcasm at a fairly early age here.

>>2169475
>>2169630
I'm not saying it's black and white, but I couldn't be in a relationship with somebody who doesn't get sarcasm or dark humor or stuff like that.
The few friends I have in Japan luckily are pretty open to that stuff, so I don't have to censor myself too much when I talk with them. But you definitely need to tone the sarcasm down quite a bit with pretty much all foreigners.
>>
>>2169599
except that's politics too you obsessed nigger
fuck off
>>
>>2169622
>le epic NFT twitter maymay so le funny xd
shut the fuck up zoomer
>>
>>2168252
We are MID-pandemic. Things won't be back to normal until 2024, which is when I plan on visiting.

Before then just accept that there's going to be sickness, death, quarantine, restrictions and any other imaginable bullshit involved in travel during a pandemic.
>>
>>2169472
Sarcasm is like the main humor type here in Finland
>>
>>2169699
Fuck I hope you're wrong about that, I was hoping they'd open again next year.
>>
How viable is it to bike across Kyushu + Honshu while staying at campsites in between? Obviously not now, but with no time limit, I’d wanna keep expenses below ~$20 a day (besides bike + gear + flights), wanna see the country, interact with people a little, and have fun in better weather than where I’m from.
Also, what’s your favorite season in Japan for /out/?
>>
>>2169782
go to google and look up the camp sites available.
>>
>>2169715
>Fuck I hope you're wrong about that, I was hoping they'd open again next year.
people have been saying this since april 2020.
>>
>>2169638
jesus christ just get a normal job. it's not even funny how much everyone looks down on english """teachers""" in Japan, why would you subject yourself to a terrible fucking job that you hate and that also makes everyone else think of you less.
>>
>>2169811
I wonder what the price level will be when it opens. 100% there is going to a be rush of people that have saved up a lot more for their japan trip than any normal year before
>>
>>2169812
>terrible job that everyone hates
>everyone wants their kids to be proficient in English for college and careers
>English still used as a status symbol in Japan

They really are the most judgmental and racist society on earth lmao.
>>
>>2169455
It's very difficult to joke with them because having a good time together and being silly does not equate to being allowed to be sarcastic or employing group deprecating humor or even almost slightly unintentionally being negative toward their tastes even with a smile on your face.
>>
I know it's been probably asked a lot but what are the chances of landing a normal job in japan?
I'm an ESL so teaching english is pretty much out of question.
Let's say I'm a webdev codemonkey with years of experience. Would they hire me if I had at least conversation level 日本語?
>>
>>2169440
Shimokitazawa has definitely changed for the worse over the last 10 years or so—especially in the last few. Koenji, on the other hand has barely changed over the last 20 years or so. It’s been a countercultural area for a long time. Sure, the previous few years before the coof you’d see stereotypical western hipster retards prancing around the place, but thankfully that’s been taking care of for now.
>>
>>2169826
well for one they would be okay if they only recruited socially adjusted people with a linguistics or philology degree but they get entitled spergs who think their anglo passport makes them hot shit
it's not contradictory, a desirable subject of study and a respectable teacher are completely different things
>>
>>2169826
>>2169866
This is pretty much the truth
>>
>>2169842
It depends on the company, but if you have a uni degree, good experience in the field your applying and conversational Japanese, then I'd say you have good chances. You just need to apply to many companies. Maybe try and look for foreign owned ones as they tend to be a bit more open to hiring foreigners too and don't tend to have too much of the negative Japanese "worklife" stuff going on.
>>
>>2169835
Just need to find the ones you can joke around with, they do exist. Walking on eggshells around people is suffering incarnate.
>>
>>2169875
>Walking on eggshells around people is suffering incarnate.
as if western culture in 2020+2 is any different. get used to the eggshells, bigot
>>
>>2169879
I'm not saying to be all out all the time moron, but walking on eggshells around friends when you're out and supposedly having fun doesn't really sound like a good time to me. It's always black and white with you fucking weebs.
>>
>>2169812
Well, I dont want to be an ALT as a career. I want to do it for one year then go back to my country and build a career in am entirely unrelated field.
>>
>>2169835
It's literally only anglos who think "banter" is funny. In truth bantering is pathetic passive aggressiveness, thinly veiled behind a layer of """"humor""""" to avoid consequences for insulting others. If you did that shit with me I'd kick your teeth in, and I'm European.
>>
>>2169890
german or french?
>>
>>2169890
>"You said a joke now I have to fight you!! REEEE!!!!"
Top quality guy here
>>
>>2169891
German.
>>2169892
Just face it that humor based on insulting others is neither funny nor accepted anywhere outside of your cultural bubble. If you can't handle that then stay in your country.
>>
>>2169893
>Stop liking humor I can't handle!!!!
You're probably that guy who dressed up in a pokemon onesie and was sad he couldn't get laid at Halloween.
Nicht so geil
>>
>>2169893
you sound like you're either a nu-german or an insecure pussyboi who's definitely not going to kick anyone's teeth in
>>
>>2169879
>le muh degenefallingkekiswest
have you tried not talking about politics every single time you open your dumb nigger mouth
>>
>>2169893
ah, german. that explains it.>>2169895
>>
>>2169904
Nein Spaß!
>>
>>2169895
>>2169898
>>2169904
Always funny to see how butthurt you rats get when someone calls you out on your subhuman behavior. Keep it coming please
>>
>>2169911
>Y-you're the one who's butthurt! not me who would kick somebody's teeth out over a joke!!!
It's just a joke Hansi, relax. Being able to take a joke and laugh at yourself is good. Makes you less of an uptight prick. I wouldn't want to spend time with people who can't take jokes.
>>
>>2168761
>>2168839
There is three ways that US citizens are entering Japan via the military. There is new troops via PCS (Permanent change of Station) coming here either because they get rotated or are coming straight from their occupation school, those individuals get tested prior to leaving the states and quarantined 14 days here regardless of covid test/vaccination status (also they arent sending PCSers here who are not vaccinated)

there are dependents who are wives and children of military members here in Japan who also cannot come unvaccinated and need to quarantine.

then there is UDP (Unit Deployment Program) whole units who get sent here. they have next to 0 requirements to enter, im not even sure if they check vaccination although theoretically all those that refused vaccine are or have gotten kicked out, but in all honesty, getting kicked out takes time.

Everyone is blaming UDP and they have literally been the origin of every outbreak occurring on military bases but just last month, for the first time, Military medical has allowed anyone that wants to get a PCR test for free, any time, even if you dont have symptoms to get one. being Covid positive means you get 14 days of rom (14 days of not working) so of course medical got flooded and cases rose astronomically because everyone tried to get one. CDC just said PCR tests show if you have had Covid 12 weeks after you actually had it so who knows if any of this reflects the current reality.

Japan is absolutely against testing non symptomatic individuals and if you look at the percentage of their pop that have been tested versus anyone else on earth its way way lower.

I am not saying us Gaijin arent to blame, but I went to Tokyo last month and absolutely everyone, todler to old man was coughing and sniffling all over the god damn city.
>>
>>2169357
hello other Jap military anon. I too use leave to travel around Japan. I started with 96's before the coof existed when I was out here, but when we are allowed to once again travel freely in Japan I started using those precious leave days.

Do you have a SOFA license or just use public transport?

I find I can explore whole regions with ease using a car but using public transport in regions like Kyushu or Shikoku would be extremely difficult.
>>
>>2169911
what are you gonna do about it? put me in a camp?
>>
>>2169874
>if you have a uni degree
I don't actually have a uni degree though
>>
>>2169962
you need a degree or 10 years of experience to even be eligible for a working visa. do the tiniest bit of research
>>
>>2169963
source?
>>
>>2169965
Do you have a source on that?

Source?

A source. I need a source.

Sorry, I mean I need a source that explicitly states your argument. This is just tangential to the discussion.

No, you can't make inferences and observations from the sources you've gathered. Any additional comments from you MUST be a subset of the information from the sources you've gathered.

You can't make normative statements from empirical evidence.

Do you have a degree in that field?

A college degree? In that field?

Then your arguments are invalid.

No, it doesn't matter how close those data points are correlated. Correlation does not equal causation.

Correlation does not equal causation.

CORRELATION. DOES. NOT. EQUAL. CAUSATION.

You still haven't provided me a valid source yet.

Nope, still haven't.

I just looked through all 308 pages of your user history, figures I'm debating a glormpf supporter. A moron.
>>
>>2169968
I accept your concession
>>
File: 1542771609282.gif (83 KB, 379x387)
83 KB
83 KB GIF
>>2169968
>>
>>2169962
I don't have any sources, it's just from my observations looking at job applications while doing researching moving/visa etc.
You don't need a uni degree per say, but almost all job positions I've looked up, pretty much all require a uni degree (in any field) for even something as basic as teaching kids how to count to four in English.
And like the other anon said, it's either that or something close to 10 years of experience in the field your applying for.
It doesn't make sense for a lot positions, but it's one way they filter out people, because they assume if you have a uni degree, that you at least have some level of worth.

The only specific thing I saw on the Japanese immigration website while I was doing research, was they don't give job visas to "simple" or "common" jobs like a retail sales assistant, hair dresser and those types of jobs. That's probably also another reason why they want people to have a uni degree for most positions, because it's not "simple jobs" like that.
There's of course exceptions etc. But there's definitely a couple of hoops you need to jump through if you do it all yourself. The easiest way is to work for a company that sends you out there in some way.

>>2169968
Got the wrong foot out of the bed today anon?
>>
>>2169973
Thanks for the insight. I have multiple degrees that have the same "level" as university degrees. This is why I was asking for source because despite not having an actual uni degree I might be still more employable than those with simple uni degrees.
>>
>>2169975
I'm not sure how they look at degrees of equal level, but not "uni". Is it called Bachelor?? That seems to be the minimum they ask for most of the times.
But again, it shouldn't be a problem if the degrees you have are relevant to whatever you're applying for then. They just seemed to be quite anal when it came to "you must have X, Y or Z degree or we won't look at you". It's one of those things where they're so by the book that it's good and bad you know? I mean if you have your papers in order then no problem, but if you even have one dot wrong they will halt and be like "you cannot". They more or less live and die by the rules.
Even if it's the same level, they may still require the word "bachelor" or "university" somewhere on your documents, just because.
(I'm not trying to sound negative, just trying to be realistic in what to expect and be aware of while looking around)
>>
I have a master's degree and I've been applying to Jobs in Japan for over 1 year, not a single answer, fuck them
>>
>>2170021
Try again when they'll actually let workers in. You'll have better luck then. Nobody wants to hire foreigners who can't even enter the country.
>>
>>2169598
Controlled doesn't mean eradicated you dumb mutt nigger.
>>
>>2169782
Winter is really fucking nice, but might make camping difficult.
Otherwise autumn is also quite pretty.
>>
File: 20220108_153549.jpg (899 KB, 2518x1888)
899 KB
899 KB JPG
Was pretty crowded at Asakusa this weekend. I think it's the last weekend of the new year festival. Lots of girls in kimonos despite the cold
>>
Are there any underrated japanese cities you'd recommend?
Everyone always talks about tokyo, osaka, kyoto, etc., but surely the smaller citites also have things to offer
>>
>>2169858
Thanks for the rundown anon
Where else in Tokyo would you rec for countercultural stuff that isn't gentrified?
>>
>>2169822
There are also people who have lost their livelihoods and businesses due to lockdowns, and also most normal people don't obsess over a single country and would have spent their money on travelling to countries that have been open since.
I'd only really expect a surge of Asian tourists since to them Japan is a cheap nearby spot.
>>
>>2169858
>>2170054
Yes, more insight like this please. It's interesting.
>>
>>2168884
>And no, it's not discrimination, and yes your life is too easy if you believe it is.
It's textbook discrimination you absolute fuckstick, I think niggers are subhuman too but nobody outside of 4chan bubble is going to agree with me and call that acceptable or not racist
>>
>>2170141
>I'm being discriminated against!!!
lol, you really do need bigger problems in your life.
>>
Open up japan please AHHHHHHH
>>
>>2170143
Please just admit that you don't know what discrimination means and move on, it's embarrassing.
There are countless forms of discrimination and many of them are socially accepted, for example student or senior discounts and now some countries try to discriminate by medical status, which may or may not be accepted in the future.
>>
>>2170149
You literally made me lol just now, I'll give you that
>>
>>2170149
you don't understand.
Fauci says it's good = no discrimination.
also, you are white, you cannot be discriminated against because you have privilege.

this lesson in modern politics was brought to you by reddit. upvote if you liked it
>>
>>2170059
This, also plane tickets will be much more expensive by then, due to inflation and CO2 taxes. Travelling to far away destinations won't be as common anymore.
>>
File: EaJJjLIUwAEVY5w.jpg (950 KB, 2048x1364)
950 KB
950 KB JPG
any people have photos from current or past trips they've made

I follow some japanese photographers on twitter and they have some nice stuff but it's usually touched up and run through a filter

I'd love to see some comfy pics, this thread has been pretty shit for the most part
>>
File: file.png (2.31 MB, 1292x969)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB PNG
>>2170197
I can dump some I guess
>>
File: file.png (1.44 MB, 1292x969)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>2170248
>>
File: file.png (1.56 MB, 1292x969)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>>2170249
>>
File: file.png (1.38 MB, 1292x969)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
>>2170252
>>
File: IMG_20200114_145630.jpg (4.63 MB, 2976x3968)
4.63 MB
4.63 MB JPG
>>2170197
I'm also following some japanese people posting photos on twitter, but I usually avoid those anime filtered photos, most of them are awful.
Here's a pic of a part of Gotoku-ji taken 2 years ago, the last time I went to Japan. I miss this goddamn country, especially the countryside. Given their current government, it won't open before at least the end of the year or even 2024, unless Kishida gets his ass kicked in july. But given how japanese are totally passive about politics, it won't happen.
>>
File: 20190625_123501.jpg (4.28 MB, 4032x1960)
4.28 MB
4.28 MB JPG
>>2170197
what I wouldn't give for a comfy bike ride through the rice fields of kyoto again...
>>
File: 20190818_185249.jpg (91 KB, 879x659)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>2170265
I took a bike ride in Kyoto once and ended up at the bottom of the huge hill going over the city and didn't get back to my hotel until midnight cause I figured you couldn't take the bike on the train, I was freaking out towards the end I was pitch black, my phone light was running out of battery and I had to go through this really narrow two lane highway tunnel that i'm pretty sure was highly illegal to go through on a bike just to get back
>>
File: 20190625_121849.jpg (3.93 MB, 4032x1960)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB JPG
>>2170293
lmao at least you made it back in one piece and that kyoto is mostly flat. did you do the kinukake doori route?
>>
>>2170293
>>2170317
oops I meant kinukake no michi, not doori
>>
>>2170321
I'm not sure, my route was something like this and it took me from 10am to like 11pm and I was pretty worn, I certainly was under to impression of Kyoto's flatness by the end of it I'll tell you that much
>>
>>2170253
Osaka is such a great place to eat and drink. Damn, I miss this place.
>>
tell me your secrets. What kind of things have you learned travelling japan that nobody knows?
>>
>>2170196
That's a good point, I'm noticing more and more pressure on airlines to get "greener", as well as media starting to demonize it even further.
Thankfully I'm in a position where I'll still be able to afford it, but it really sucks how this freedom will be taken away from some - even though the big ships burning bunker fuel to support this shitty globalist economy is a much bigger polluter.
>>
>tfw lost my job
>been doing nothing at home for 5 months
>Could have at least spent 3 months in japan
I WANNA DIE
>>
I had a dream about a bar where a naked woman was the barmaid.
Is there a place like that in Japan?
>>
>>2168938
It truly makes me happy when weebs don't get their way.
>>
>>2170054
Well, I guess you have to keep in mind that the gentrification process, and its implications, doesn't happen here the same way it does in London, NYC, or lots of other western cities. Neighborhoods in Tokyo, even poorer ones, are a lot more rooted and stable. Areas like Shimokitazawa and Koenji have been considered "countercultural" for a long time, but there are plenty of normal families who have always lived, and continue to live there. The "gentrification" in Shimokitazawa wasn't really that, but more a top-driven "revitalization" which came along with the total revamp of the station area and the destruction and rebuilding of the area surrounding it. As a result, it seems to be becoming more like what Kichijoji has become. More chains and the like, along with mixed-use hipster buildings, instead of more unique places. Areas like Koenji, Asagaya, and Nishi Ogikubo along the Chuo line have really resisted any sort of redevelopment, so they haven't changed. As far as other areas in the city, especially east Tokyo, it's hard to say. I've heard things about Mukojima and Kiyosumi-shirakawa being/becoming artsy/countercultural areas, but I think it's just marketing bullshit. They haven't really changed much. You can find pockets of interesting shit all over Tokyo, and the cool thing is they never become totally homogeneous hipster zones like what happens in western cities.
>>
>>2170325
If it took you 13hrs to cycle that route, you must be the least-fit person in history.
>>
>>2169262
>>2169616
Think about it. Any day now you might be killed in a car accident, or due to disease, etc and you will never have experienced Japan. The best thing to do is to stay in your house, but then again you might die of heart failure.
>>
>>2170373
ill fucking turn into a ghost and haunt a plane over
>>
Genuine question: Why aren't other countries lobbying against the entry ban?
For example, the EU banned the entry of Chinese for a long time, even though they were considered "safe" in terms of Covid, because they wouldn't let Europeans in in return. Why aren't they applying a similar policy to Japan?

Not that I wish ill upon the Japanese who wish to go to other countries, but it seems a bit odd that everyone else seems to be just fine with them refusing entry to their citizens.
>>
File: IMG_20211127_113656.jpg (3.41 MB, 4224x4674)
3.41 MB
3.41 MB JPG
I live near Arashiyama. Went walking the other day and saw this little fella looking for food.
>>
>>2170389
i don't remember letting anyone take a photo of me
>>
File: 1623862495850.jpg (194 KB, 1080x850)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
How do you travel around Japan solo? I struggled to meet people when I was there. I don't want to stay in hostels but would rather meet locals, if possible. Just to have some company.
>>
>>2168252
are work visas still suspended in japan?
my US visa will expire in November and my company asked me if I want it extended, the alternative would be to apply for a job in a different country but seems like my options are limited because of COVID
>>
>>2170456
Just go to bars or clubs. There's always people that are looking to talk with foreigners. Provided you are not ugly or weird, it should be a pretty straightforward experience.
>>
>>2170365
There's a kind of bar near Akihabara where you can get a drink served by ex JAV actresses or something, I don't think they were naked tho, bikini at most iirc
>>
File: karl happy.jpg (19 KB, 285x274)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>2170389
>>
>>2170248
Oh Isozaki, how I wish to visit thee
>>
>>2170486
Thank fuck Akihabara is a containment zone for you freaks.
>>
>>2170486
And one drink costs a small fortune for the "privilege" of having a spent hooker pour it for you.
>>
>>2170504
>>2170528
>They're mad because they aren't in Japan and can't go.
>>
>>2170534
Enjoy wasting your money on hookers who (along with everyone else) are disgusted by you.
I wouldn't spend a single penny on shit like that anywhere in the world. It's pathetic.
>>
File: Snowboarding.jpg (448 KB, 2074x1216)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
lads, has anyone done a solo trip to somewhere like nagano or hokkaido for snowboarding? none of my friends can snowboard but I really really want to go.

I'm autistic as fuck so I'd probably spend the whole trip feeling self-conscious about being there alone, and as a result I wouldn't manage to socialise with anyone.

does anyone have experience with a trip like this? not sure if it's worth it
>>
>>2170389
he looks like he's planting a seed hehe
>>
>>2170197
so comfy jesus
>>
File: IMG_20190830_183502.jpg (920 KB, 1512x2688)
920 KB
920 KB JPG
>>2170197
I've posted mine in a bunch of threads already so no real use of reposting them constantly
>>
>>2170371
Thanks anon, I look forward to exploring Tokyo when I finally get over there haha. Nice to hear that places over there retain a large degree of unique character, where I'm at the hipster areas are fucking soulless, I really can't overemphasise what little character my city has
>You can find pockets of interesting shit all over Tokyo
Anything specific/off the beaten path you'd rec?
>>
>>2170371
Thanks for your insight.
Do you have some favourite and least favourite areas in Tokyo you want to share your thoughts about??
>>
>>2170384
Probably some shit about money. The EU doesn't really do much shit with Japan that can't be sorted outside of Japan, so they don't have any incentive to pressure them for opening the ban. You can bet your fucking ass the EU would be lobbying like crazy if they had money in Japan not coming in because of the border closure. The EU is all about power.
So something like that, they simply just don't give a fuck about a couple of tourists to start putting outside pressure on them.
>>
>>2170746
I'm not the other anon, but something I noticed is, even in the most "modern" and outside influence areas, everything was still very "Japanese", where most central areas in Western cities aren't much different in terms of shopping and chain stores at least.
And like somebody mentioned earlier too, even the vast majority of people in the touristy areas are still Japanese people and not foreigners.
>>
>>2170771
Pretty much this, economical partnership with Japan has nothing to do with eu tourists and workers being able to go to Japan. It's actually an advantage, since all those people will go to another country for work or tourism, potentially a eu one, while japanese people are still able to go pretty much everywhere to spend money. So, more money for the eu and less for Japan, so who gives a shit.
>>
>>2170771
>>2170790
Yeah but business travelers are also banned, which is bad for foreign companies in Japan. In any case, even in big countries there are probably less than 10.000 people waiting to enter. Not worth the effort I suppose.
>>
>>2169400
Cope all you can, my guy
>>
>>2170803
Business travel where you literally need to physically be there in order for it to function is allowed as far as I'm aware, but under extremely strict conditions. And very short term.
They opened up for that fairly quickly. They may have shifted around on that stance a few times, but it's allowed as far as I know (under very strict conditions)
How much business were people doing in Japan pre pandemic that couldn't be solved not face to face now too? I reckon is a drop in an ocean compared to other markets for the EU and people living here too. It sucks, but I think that's basically how it is.
I'm hoping though, that with omicron being fairly mild compared to earlier strains, that they will reason sooner rather than later in terms of opening the borders in some capacity, be it "North Korea style holidays" or a limit on daily entries or something else.
Just try and stay positive as staying negative (which is all I ever do really...) will only make you lose your mind.
>>
>>2170384
I reckon if any country could potentially do it it'd be the US (again)
>>
Assuming japan opens up again in 2 years what should I do before I spent a year there with the whv?
Obviously learn the language and make money, bjt is there anything else?
>>
>>2170863
>Other than learn the language and make money
Not really no
>>
>>2169630
> don't use jokes
What do you think asshole-poking is? A sacred Shinto ritual?
>>
>>2170847
No, that is also banned. It was briefly allowed when they opened up last year, but then revoked same as everything else.
Anyway, I don't particularly need or want to go to Japan right now, but I do feel for the people that are stuck. Good luck to you.
>>
>>2170863
Learn how to be respectful and not act like an autistic tard, or read Japanese history.
>>
>>2170877
Is there any particular book you would recommend to learn about japan's history?
>>
>>2170863
why would you learn the language BEFORE going there?
like, living in japan is the best opportunity to learn japanese you'll ever get
>>
>>2170880
Getting some of the basics down before I arrive is gonna make it much easier
Starting from zero in japan means I'll probably just rely on english the entire time
Plus learning new stuff is pretty fun
>>
File: IMG_20180923_124042.jpg (2.62 MB, 3648x2736)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB JPG
We will get back sooner or later, hang in there broskis
Hit the gym 5 times a week, save up enough money and paid leave, and look up cool tourist spots
>>
I’m moving to Japan next month. Going to live in Yokohama. I’m finalizing my shit to pack and bring with me list. Anything I should definitely take with me? I just bought some comfy pajamas for quarantine today. Also, anyone know good places in Yokohama to live? My housing budget is massive thru my job. They’re literally giving me $50-60k usd for yearly rent so I want something baller. Thx bros.
>>
>>2170959
Yokohama is cool. With thar kind of budget you can live basically anywhere.

Yokohama station/sakuragicho station/kannai station are all where you will find the most city stuff like bars and restaurants and that more lively atmosphere.

If I was going to live in Yokohama itself I'd go near Kanazawa hakkei station which is a chill area near the water. Lots of small harbors and shit, also Yokohama marine park which is nice.

Other option is kamioka which isn't as big as the first three I mentioned, but still a center for stuff.

You can also live outside Yokohama in Kamakura or fujisawa for the chill beach life.
>>
entry ban extended to end of February
https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2022/01/974eab354bf9-japan-set-to-maintain-entry-ban-at-least-until-end-of-feb.html
>>
>>2171068
Expected. Probably expecting to peak around Jan-Feb. More time to save then.
>>
>>2171067
Thanks friend. I am really interested in living somewhere nice and quiet so I will check the chill areas out. I may even seek out a house instead of apartment if it’s feasible. I do want to be located along a rail that is convenient to Tokyo though too.
>>
>>2169649
It does't exist in Norway. The ones from 2018 were a special case where they needed English/ski teacher
t.buddy of mine went to the Japanese Embassy
>>
>>2171068
what difference does a month make? and then another month after that? and then another? they should just admit they're never re-opening already.
>>
>>2170954
You really think that at this point Japan cares about international tourism? They have been fucking it up for two years now, I think it’s safe to say they don’t care about it.

Covid is obviously too mild of a disease to ever go extinct and thus the risk of bringing it to Japan from outside will always be there. So if Japan’s goal is to bring exactly 0 cases from outside the borders, why would you expect them to ever open borders for tourism again?
>>
>>2171153
They will not be opening for tourists pretty much ever again. If they cared about international tourism they would’ve already opened up. They don’t care.
>>
>>2171153
>>2171161
Phew thank fuck, wouldn‘t want to see tourists shitting up the place again
>>
>>2171166
This but unironically.
>>
>>2170880
It's never too soon to start learning a language if you're interested in it. Learning a new language is good for your brain too even if you don't end up using what you've learnt too much.
>>
>>2171153
The CNY

the biggest diaspora in Japan is Chinese/taiwanese, with the chinese new year coming, if they'd open they'd have a shitstorm a-brewin
>>
>>2171068
It sucks, but it was expected.

>>2171153
It sucks it's a month by month basis, because it feels like they're dangling food in front of an animal. But it also means they evaluate the situation fairly regularly which is good.

>>2171161
>>2171160
They are going to reopen eventually, and it'll most likely be a very sudden announcement like previously. It'll just be a while still, but it will happen. Just don't be obsessed about it.

>>2171166
>>2171167
International tourists are a drop in the ocean compared to national tourists. You'll survive a couple of gaijins walking around Shibuya.
>>
>>2171160
It's not about omicron, they know the variant is everywhere, pretty much doesn't cause any death and anyway they barely test, like they always did.
The current narrative from the government is that the strangers are bringing diseases to the pure japanese natives, so as long as this narrative is popular, they'll keep it. They're even trying to put the blame of the omicron surge on the amerilard soldiers.
>>
>>2171175
That narrative is never going anywhere. It’s super easy to maintain, just limit the number of tests inside the borders to make it seem like there is almost no covid cases in Japan.
>>
>>2171173
> International tourists are a drop in the ocean compared to national tourists
Which is exactly why they won’t ever open for tourism again. Covid will never go away. There will always be cases.
>>
>>2171175
True, false or somewhere in the middle of that, they're never going to drop that narrative.
>>
>>2171179
They will open again eventually.
Covid will probably never go away, but omicron is weaker and most likely going to get weaker still from now on. So the cases that exist will be dealt with differently in the future.
>>
>>2171181
Cope
>>
>>2171189
You know I'm right autist.
>>
>>2171150
odd, it is still on the list of countries. So it is impossible then?
>>
>>2170880
to be able to have conversations with people from the moment you get there???? what the fuck kinda retarded question is that
>>
>>2171195
Learning hiragana, katakana and as much kanji as you can will also make your trip insanely better because you can actually read signs on stores, restaurants and other shit too.
Looking back at photos from my trips (before I learned any of that), there's so much shit I missed because I couldn't read it and it makes me sad, but also looking forward to when I eventually go back. So much to explore, see, eat, experience etc.
It's never a bad idea to learn a new language.
>>
>>2171177
>>2171180
As long as there's no economical backlash, they'll keep going.
For now they don't care about the rise of suicides and poverty, lack of workers in all their so-called dirty jobs, lack of nurses and hands to harvest fields (so much they let vegetables and fruits rot in some places), not to mention all the stores, restaurants and other stuff which have closed. It's all the strangers fault anyway.
It's actually quite fascinating to see this country self-destroying. They also managed to piss off all their neighbors with that ban so the contingent of slaves waiting to get in is getting fewer and fewer every new week.
>>
>>2171209
It really is weird and it's getting pretty stale having a big fuck you sign in your face for so long. Especially when you think about how many hoops people are willing to jump through to get in.
It's like, do they really think the people who have been waiting for two years and will crawl all the way are going to misbehave once they're in?
One thing is being a soldier stationed on a US base somewhere, but it's an entirely different thing if you're actually interested in the country and want to move there of your own free will.
>>
>>2171211
Japs hate you and don‘t want you there. Accept it finally and drop your infantile weeb fantasy. You will never be japanese.
>>
>>2171211
They don't care. If banning bananas was popular among the population, they would do it.
The government already doesn't give a shit about the state of Japan, or they would have done something since the 90's instead of running of the economy even more into the ground, why would they care about strangers? The only thing the Jimintou care about is keeping their place, and money. That's all.
>>
>>2168911
That list only includes countries that were visa exempt for entering Japan before the covid shenanigans. Chinese always had to apply for one first.
>>
>>2171213
I don't want to be Japanese, I'm not a weeb and the friends I made there seem to still like me for some reason.
Maybe Japanese people would like you too if you were less of an autistic sperg.

>>2171218
It's fucking crazy they're like that.
I just don't understand being so thickheaded that you'd rather chop your own legs off than see reason because "well just because!"
There's nothing honourable about being stupid.
>>
>>2171239
> I just don't understand being so thickheaded that you'd rather chop your own legs off than see reason because "well just because!"
Japan has always been like that.
>>
>>2171247
I know, but at some point somebody must say "hey guys, I don't think this is a good idea"
>>
>>2171256
Well, there's a reason why India's economy is now projected to take over Japan's #2 spot in Asia within a decade.
Admitting that you had been wrong is not really a part of far-eastern culture, now that they have doubled down on this path there's no easy way back.
>>
File: 1608999052786.jpg (429 KB, 1080x1350)
429 KB
429 KB JPG
>Corona cases spiking again
Hyped for 2025
>>
>>2171281
Doesn't that just make sense right after NYE?
>>
>>2171161
in two months you will look even more stupid than currently
>>
>>2171280
Yeah, I just still can't understand why somebody is like... watching a kid standing in front of a train and everybody looks and nobody goes "Hey guys, we better go save that kid right?"
It's like, do you enjoy suffering? Do you enjoy not making something better? It's fucking crazy to think. Even younger generations have that attitude as far as I know.
It's just another one of those things where, as amazing things the country has to offer, it really can be an absolute nightmare and mental hell to live in (I'm speaking in general of course)
>>
>>2171280
So long as Japan maintains their culture and no-immigration policy it's fine. The country will just get cheaper to travel to
>>
>>2171310
Not that anon, but I think it's extremely unlikely (pretty much impossible) that tourists will be allowed in two months under any circumstance.
At best, students and workers could be allowed in, but in two months? Even with the added media attention regarding foreign students not allowed in Japanese media, I highly highly doubt it.
My guess is mid spring'ish for students/workers and late summer - early fall for tourists if we're lucky.
>>
>>2171316
you make a good point actually. it does make sense that they would wait for warmer months to allow tourists in because it's less likely for the virus to spread then and also because most foreign tourists don't visit in summer.
>>
>>2168769
KYS tranny
>>
I‘m a sysadmin. Have Cisco certifications and a couple of years of experience. I always hear that codemonkeys can find jobs easily in Japan, what about sysadmins?
>>
>>2171342
Dedicated sysadmin is kind of a dying profession nowadays, we're dismantling on-premises infra even in my company and it's a very old and change resistant industry.
That said, speak the language and meet requirements for a visa and then start trying, if/when they open up, you got nothing to lose by that.
If you want to move there without speaking the language you are a nigger.
>>
>>2171342
Do you know cloud stuff (aws, gcp, azure)? If yes then sure.
>>
>>2171310
General has been saying 2 months for over a year already. Just get over it. It’s time to move on. We had our chance to visit Japan and these threads only exist to fondly remember those better times.
>>
>>2171181
>omicron is weaker and most likely going to get weaker still
You obviously have not yet heard of deltacron. As infectious as omnicron, as lethal as delta. The worst is yet to come, Anon.
>>
>>2171377
I'm going to kill myself anyway, so I stopped caring about anything.
>>
>>2171377
>as lethal as delta
oh no, another variant that also won't kill me.
>>
>>2171377
I like how the scientists are currently fighting if Deltacron is real or not. Personally in my very biased opinion.. considering it's Cyprus I would say not real, but let's see
>>
>>2171376
6 months then, and even though there will be restrictions I am confident some tourists will be allowed to visit
>>
>>2171281
Well aren't you optimistic
>>
File: 18411806._SY540_.jpg (28 KB, 539x540)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>2171067
All I want to do is go there again and see a comfy baseball game
>>
>>2171377
Deltacron is 2 weeks ago. Stick with the times it is about the Flurona strain. It is on the rage. What is it more flu or more corona? Not even the french variant is as popular as the Influenza Corona Hybrid. Don't even get me started on the new up and comers, like FluOmiPlusMax.
>>
File: money-millennials.jpg (57 KB, 1020x574)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>2170954
It's what I've been doing. Weights 3 times a week. Running twice a week. and swimming once a week. Been extremely tempted to blow some of the japan fund on something stupid, but I've been planning and delaying a Japan trip for almost 3 years now so I'm holding strong. Pic will be me when borders finally open. We're all gonna make it bros.
>>
>>2171377
How about I delta your cron?
>>
>>2168270
no, they don't even acknowledge nanking, you can do Hitler salutes in japan.
some old boomers my salute back.
but you can see the globohomo is trying to blue pill the young generation.
>>
>>2169262
glad I got my 4 years over there even if it was with the navy.
>>
File: 1633416303.jpg (1.11 MB, 1920x920)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>2170954
5 times per week? I understand that if your goal is to become a bodybuilder, otherwise that's just useless. 3 times per week so you can do cardio aswell without risking overtraining/injuries is the go-to
>>
>>2171574
Were you in Yokosuka? If so how was it?
>>
>>2168270
I can't find the video of a foreigner accosting a Japanese Nationalist dude over the holocaust and he confronted the guy that it has nothing to do with Japan and isn't their problem.

Japan only cares about history that affects the current generation and Japanese History. The only two history things I have heard recently is Koreans in Tsushima and Americans in Nagasaki (surviving generations impacted by the nuke). Japanese people that are world history buffs are otakus.
>>
File: DSC_0016.jpg (1.18 MB, 4032x2272)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>2171117
Fujisawa station is on the tokaido line which goes through Yokohama and into Tokyo. It's about 20 to 25 minutes to Yokohama station and about 50 to Tokyo station, but it hits other stations in Tokyo before that like shinagawa and shinbashi.

Yokohama station/sakuragicho station/kannai are all on the Keihin tohoku line/negishi line which is a direct train into Tokyo, though it hits more stops so jumping off at Yokohama and switching to the tokaido is faster.

Kanazawa hakkei is on the keikyuu line which goes through Yokohama station and continues to shinagawa station in Tokyo. It continues past there as some other line. I think the asakusa line, but I can't remember exactly.

Places you can live open up a lot if you are okay with living by one of the less major stations.

You can find houses for sure.
>>
>>2171606
5 times if you want actual results
>>
>>2171160
Most businesses that catered to foreigners either went bankrupt or adapted to locals, so there is probably no one pushing for opening the borders from inside the country any more. Nevertheless, they will open up eventually, even if it will be in five years from now on. The point is that we need to be ready both physically and financially to be able to travel there on a very short notice.

>>2171453
See you at Narita bro.

>>2171606
Five times should work well as long as you adjust your workout plan accordingly. Let's say you can't go full ham that many times a week, you could do two low intensity days. You can do the same exercises as at the previous workout but with babby weights to improve your technique and blood circulation. Alternatively you can do something completely different, like a light cardio session or working on mobility issues you might have.

Overtraining can become an issue, but many people underestimate what their bodies are capable of. A guy at my gym used to be a former professional athlete, and he seems to be fine after years of doing two 1 hour sessions every day with one rest day a month.
>>
>>2171635
Atsugi 2 years, Iwakuni 1 year and finished my time in Yoko before heading to Portland.

it was amazing, I was treated as a sex toy by the women, a best friend by the men.
the food, the sights, I miss it.
I also dated a nip for almost three years so I got to eat a lot of home cooked Japanese food.,
>>
>>2171857
oh and I went to iwojima twice( Japanese call it Iwoto) made some friends there, and I climbed mt Fuji in 4 hours.
>>
File: spaghettios.png (14 KB, 485x432)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>2171281
I caught omicron and it was such a nothing burger I don't know why japan is still even closed
I got the 2 shots and literally all I had was a sore throat for a few days and a runny nose for a few days after that

completely gone in a week
my 52 year old mother also had it and it basically was just a week long cold
my sister had it and she only got slightly sicker then me

none of us had boosters which would have probably stopped us from even having symptoms

japan is tanking it's tourism industry for literally no reason at this point

everyone is saying it's more infectious but significantly less severe and from what I've seen it holds true
>>
>>2171765
>See you at Narita bro.
I was actually planning on flying into Haneda since it's closer to Tokyo and seems like it be cheaper as well. Is there any benefit to going NRT over HND?
>>
>>2171961
The direct flight from my country flies only to Narita so I assumed it's mostly the case. Just take the cheapest option, fill in your tax declaration form on the airplane and run over to the border control if you want to be as efficient as possible.
>>
>>2171934
>Japan is tanking it's tourism industry for literally no reason at this point
International tourism is a drop in the ocean compared to domestic tourism. Pretty much all the stores that catered to foreign tourists went out of business pretty fast, so there's not much incentive to open back up in those regards.
We're basically fucked until somebody in the government says "open the gates".
>>
File: 20170601_191022.jpg (4.62 MB, 5312x2988)
4.62 MB
4.62 MB JPG
>>2172011
>club sega akihabara...
#neverforget
how many foreign tourist-oriented business have gone out of business?
>captcha is W0H4N ; ;
>>
>>2171961
very first time I came to Japan, I flew through Narita and took the express. It was really cinematic going through the small stations, the wind was blowing cool air, about 7pm. I saw some people, regular people, get onboard when it began to turn into a regular train into the city. I think that was the moment I really fell in love and I was like, hell yeah, I'm IN Japan.
>>
>>2171708
Thanks for the tips, can’t wait to get this move over with and find a comfy place to live. I’ve had shitty neighbors in the last three apartment buildings I’ve been in so now I just need to relax and enjoy peace and quiet.
>>
>>2168324
Definitely go see them. I got to see them NYE 2018 and it was a blast.
>>
>>2172059
I think you can expect pretty much every one of them, except Don qui, to have gone out of business and/or been replaced by the time foreigners are allowed back in.
No business for two years would kill anything.

>>2172245
Got my tickets, going with a few of my family. They're sadly just playing in the part of my city I hate the most which is going to suck.
>>
>>2172275
I was hoping you'd have some data or articles to back up what you're saying, I'm too optimistic to believe you at face value
>>
>>2172356
I don't have any articles, it's just what I've seen in various youtube videos where they walk around areas and point stuff out.
I'm sure you can find actual data about it if you look a little.
But really, even if you're optimistic (which I'm glad to hear you are, because that's all we really much can be in order to keep hopes up) you realistically can't expect businesses catering to foreign tourists to survive 2+ years of zero tourists. Nothing can survive that.
That being said, new businesses will for sure pop up once they open up again. Japan will be very different from before covid started.
>>
>>2172377
I found this:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0386111221000509
>
https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/travel-leisure/article/3153108/japanese-tourism-after-covid-19-looks-build-tokyo-olympics
>
the first paper talks about bankruptcies in the accommodation sector but not much about other tourism businesses, probably because they were kept afloat by domestic tourists
but from the scmp article the government wants:
>a) 60 million visitors a year by 2030
>b) continue focusing on chinese, korean and taiwanese tourists
>>
>>2172400
Thanks for those links, I'll check it out!
Do you think them not mentioning loss of foreign tourists is also because they don't like talking about negative things?
It looks like news in English coming from Japan is just drip fed and only "good news", not shit that gets fucked. Everything gets sugarcoated.

But yeah, so much construction stuff going on all over Tokyo preparing for the olympics. Even when I was there in 2017 there was lots of stuff being worked on, and 2018, the last time I was there, there was massive construction work everywhere.
A lot of central areas look very new / different / overhauled in videos I've seen.
I can't wait to go back and explore all that shit again.
>>
>>2172414
>sugarcoating
no the first paper is literally a research paper and there are several others that examine the impact on the tourism industry. they didn't mention closures of other tourist businesses either because they overlooked them or there was no need to. they emphasised that a lot of japanese people decided to become regional tourists and so basically travelled around their home regions, which might have helped offset the lack of foreign tourists - of which 75% pre-pandemic were chinese, korean and taiwanese
>central areas look new
which ones? I went there in both 2017 and 2019 and I didn't see much difference
>>
>>2172356
Can find plenty of content about lots of empty buildings for example in Akiba
https://akihabara-bc.jp/akihabara-empty-building/
That area had diverted to be more tourist oriented from the original otaku/denkigai vibe a while ago so the decline is more visible.

Though some people say it's been shit ever since they removed the public basketball courts.
>>
>>2172435
I didn't mean those articles were sugarcoating, I just meant news from Japan is usually sugar because they don't want to appear like they have any problems. Which sucks because I want to hear more varied news from there other than "It snowed in Hokkaido today and the monkeys are running around"
>>
>>2172438
One can hope it's a return to form then during the ban on tourists. So once it's open again it'll be cool.
I still found it pretty fun and interesting when I went, but it was pretty clear the people in the area had gaijin fatigue. It was still fun to see it.
The Yodobashi there is crazy.
>>
>>2172435
>which ones? I went there in both 2017 and 2019 and I didn't see much difference
Not that anon, but between 2017 and 2020 Shibuya was night and day with the new Parco, same around the station with all the new buildings.
Akiba also changed, a lot of stores had already closed before the covid. I can't imagine how it is now.
>>
>>2172435
Shibuya was basically completely overhauled. You would definitely have noticed construction work being done in the area prior to the Olympics.
There was shit being done in preparation for the olympics in various areas years leading up to it.
>>
File: 20170531_164747.jpg (4.71 MB, 5312x2988)
4.71 MB
4.71 MB JPG
>>2172438
that makes me sad
>>2172464
oh right I get what you mean, yeah they prefer to pretend the problem doesn't exist until someone kills themself
>>2172473
>>2172480
I'm looking at my pics from 2017 and 2019 of shibuya to compare the two and unfortunately I only took photos of the crossing and buildings surrounding the station. guess I didn't walk much around actual shibuya. do you have a before and after image?
>>
File: 20190622_131203.jpg (3.14 MB, 4032x1960)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB JPG
>>2172524
this is in 2019 from almost the exact same spot but I messed the angle up
>>
>>2172524
>>2172527
I didn't take any photos but here's the Parco before.
>>
File: b-parco-a-20191123.jpg (102 KB, 591x888)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>2172533
And after.
But the most shocking was the station, with all these big ass buildings and bridges everywhere.
The crossing absolutely didn't change, though.
>>
>>2172524
The whole area behind the sopping area you're looking towards was under massive construction when I was there in summer 2018 and if you turned around you'd see the new tall building with the view point form the top. That was under construction too when I was there.
The surrounding area behind the station to your left has also been overhauled.
I saw a show on tv when I was there about the future of Shibuya, but it was in Japanese so I didn't understand much.
You can tell the government knew Shibuya was going to get run over with tourists during the olympics, so that area was going to get the most work done.
>>
>>2172356
it's been mentioned here before but lots of tourist spots in Odaiba seem to be closed or will be closed by year end
>>
File: 20170531_164811.jpg (3.76 MB, 5312x2988)
3.76 MB
3.76 MB JPG
>>2172533
>>2172534
>>2172545
damn I was less observant than I thought, thanks for the information! it's fascinating how they built all that in only 2-3 years and is attractive too
>>2172557
oof, I hope that onsen resort centre doesn't close down. didn't get enough time to visit last time
>>
>>2172591
>oof, I hope that onsen resort centre doesn't close down. didn't get enough time to visit last time
anon...
>>
File: NOOOOOOO.gif (402 KB, 498x280)
402 KB
402 KB GIF
>>2172594
I made the mistake of googling it...
>>
>>2169620
>oh no 0.000048% of people who get moderna will have a weird side effects
I thought 0.000048% was the omnicron death rate?
>>
>>2168769
People afraid of the vaccine are genuine retards and are almost all 300lbs+, but goddamn is chud the dumbest word I've ever seen reach common usage and I despise anyone who says it
>>
>>2172872
New
>>
>>2169890
> funny. In truth bantering is pathetic passive aggressiveness, thinly veiled behind a layer of """"humor""""" to avoid consequences for insulting others.
Based, fuck this culture. Japan >

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.