[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 67 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: BobbahnHeidePark.jpg (726 KB, 1431x2048)
726 KB
726 KB JPG
Bobsled Coaster edition

Previous Thread: >>2148296

>What is this thread?
/rcg/ was created as a way for the rollercoaster enthusiasts on here to discuss all things rollercoasters, as well as amusement parks and the theme park industry in general.
>Can I talk about Disney/Universal in this thread?
Absolutely!

Protip: when you go to cedar point, do NOT trample kids going to camp snoopy just so you can be the first to ride Steel Vengeance for the day

Roller Coaster Database:
>https://rcdb.com/

Amusement Park News Sites:
>https://www.themeparkinsider.com/
>https://www.screamscape.com/
>https://www.coaster101.com/
>https://www.themeparktourist.com/news

Disney Parks News:
>https://www.allears.net/
>https://www.wdwnt.com/
>>
File: AvalancheBlackpool1.jpg (208 KB, 768x512)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
NOTABLE NEWS AS OF 12/20/21:
>The new Covid variant is varyingly threatening the theme park industry once again, with parks such as Efteling shutting down and new restrictions in place for visitors
>Qiddiya Investment Co. signed a contract worth $1 billion with Saudi and French construction companies to officially build Six Flags Qiddiya
>Thorpe Park to introduce the tallest coaster in the UK, standing at 236ft tall, manufacturer not yet stated
>A strange low-quality welcome video was sent to people who booked a room at the Disney Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser Experience hotel (with rooms starting at $4800), people still wondering what is going on with Disney's quality control.
>Marineland, a marine amusement park in Ontario, Canada has been oficially charged with using animals for entertainment without a license. There have been rumors that the park was to be closed for good last october but when that will happen is still unknown
>Six Flags Great Adventure is laying off employees in their firefighter department in what seems to be a possible union-busting move
>The Beast at Kings Island is getting what seems to be a complete retrack done, much needed after many complaints of roughness and age
>Kraken in Sea World is painted moss green
>Iron Gwazi still not open
>>
Holy shit Marineland got busted? They had some fun rides.
Dragon Mountain or whatever it's called is rad.
>>
Efteling closed again?
Damn, I just wanted to see droomvlucht again. (great ride on schrooms)
>>
>>2161069
>A strange low-quality welcome video was sent to people who booked a room at the Disney Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser Experience hotel
https://youtu.be/qDJwUbVhMu4
is this it?
>>
>>2161240
No, this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1rvADxJxAs
>>
>>2161241
oof
>>
>>2161241
Oh jesus christ this can't be real you can literally see her eyes move to read the prompter
This is getting more embarrassing by the day
>>
How do they do it bros? Literally all the best parks and rides are in or adjacent to this otherwise underwhelming state.
>>
File: .png (127 KB, 352x216)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>>2161241
Holy shit.
>>
>>2161241
Congrats you've been Chapeked
>>
File: droomvlucht.jpg (78 KB, 700x359)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>2161201
My fucking nigga. I should go back, That new Bakkerij Krumel looks beautiful
>>
>>2161069
I wonder why the Six Flags corporate shakeup isn't on here.
>>2161315
There aren't much themed parks there though, unlike FL or CA
>>
>>2161241
her hologram device is literally an iphone with a painted case
>>
File: 45.jpg (591 KB, 1280x1707)
591 KB
591 KB JPG
>>2161422
god i'm looking forward to the review from the now disney-hating jenny nicholson so bad
>>
>>2161424
Poseidon Entertainment did a video on the terrible marketing so far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI5JSAWK4WE
>>
>>2161424
Based
Apparently she's visiting the Netherlands next year for Efteling, I really hope we get a video on that too.
>>
>>2161416
>I wonder why the Six Flags corporate shakeup isn't on here.
What do anons make of this? Good news or bad news? I think that some mid-tier parks in the chain will benefit from giving their park presidents more influence, but I wonder if the low tier parks will be worse off with even less investment from corporate.
>>
>>2161315
We've got great access to haunted attractions at Halloween time too. Feels good to be in PA.
>>
>>2161488
I don't know the details but Six Flags is a company with no shortage of corporate shakeups and things have only gotten worse for them over time, I don't think this one will be any different
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.62 MB, 887x1153)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
Bros...
>>
>>2161201
i cant fucking believe it, it's winter, cold, perfect time for a certain virus to spread INDOORS where people are gathering like in their homes.. yet we cant go to the fucking sprookjesbos? baka my head
>>
>>2161422

Did they literally give all the marketing for this to a micro-budget department mostly filled with interns?
>>
>Alton towers is getting some cheap Ceebeebies attractions for the next year
>Thorpe Park is getting a really neat but really short coaster but not for a couple of years
>Chessington is getting a Jumanji launched wing shuttle coaster but probably not for next year

Lean year for Brits, at least Valhalla is re-opening with it's overhaul at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.
>>
>>2162101
Merlin don't have enough money to offset covid loss
>>
To shit up the thread with my tangentially-park-related life problems, or not to shit up the thread with my tangentially-park-related life problems…
>>
File: 12-SFQ-POV-CityofThrills.jpg (1.22 MB, 4800x2400)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8JRW8LeXJQ

Thoughts?
>>
File: kek.gif (541 KB, 480x228)
541 KB
541 KB GIF
>>2161425
>Disney demolished DisneyQuest for nothing.
Goddamn that's harsh, I love it.
>>
>>2162650
I still don't know what the fuck they were thinking with the NBA Experience. Adding Star Wars to DisneyQuest would have been 10x as popular.
>>
>>2161240
A beta manlet white guy (the only whitey) being led around by a literal tranny

>>2161241
A poojeeta
>>
File: 1633299673315.png (320 KB, 650x390)
320 KB
320 KB PNG
>>2162721
>I still don't know what the fuck they were thinking with the NBA Experience
"Universal closed their NBA place so that means no competition for ours"
>>
>>2162721
I like to think Disney learned something from that debacle but in my heart I know they didn't
>>
>>2162844
>Modern Disney
>Learning something
That's a good joke anon.
>>
>>2162875
I think they definitely know better they just simply don't care. I really feel bad for Walt, he's one of my most favorite people in history and the current absolute state of Disney makes me sad.
>>
>>2162507
Go for it
>>
>>2163213
Okay. A week ago my gf of 4 years came over and dumped me without any prior indication of anything being wrong, so now I probably can’t afford to go to Orlando in November 2022 like I had planned to.
>>
>>2163440
Sounds like she met someone else, sorry to hear it anon.
>>
What's everyones thoughts on the new Intamin Single Rail coaster at Luna Park?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m0nHz4xvUI
>>
>>2164310
I always find it amusing when coasters that are largely family coasters have a single half hearted inversion to try and stop them being classified as such.

In isolation it looks fun but it's going to have insane capacity issues like all these single rail coasters.
>>
>>2164310
Single rail coasters are bad
>>
File: aabjvma.jpg (94 KB, 800x600)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>2164355
>I always find it amusing when coasters that are largely family coasters have a single half hearted inversion to try and stop them being classified as such
i hate non inverting loops with a burning passion. Either flip me upside down properly or fuck off with your family-friendly bullshit
>>
>>2164379
But the one you posted is fun and a great element. Your anger should reside with trim brakes
>>
I miss these lil niggas like you wouldn't believe
>>
>>2164455
It's impressive how two rides got squeezed into such a tight area and were excellent. That was B&M's Iron Wolf moment.
>>
>>2164455
Only went to IoA once, and it was the year before they closed these. I'm glad I got there just in time to ride them
>>
>>2164497
If it wasn't still dueling, you didn't really experience it imo
>>
>>2164458
The Hagrid ride is excellent and a very worthy replacement but when they dueled properly it was an all timer
>>
>>2164510
yeah I knew it's days were numbered once the dueling stopped
>>
>>2164634
Yeah, it was still pretty solid, but there was no longer anything special. I'm happy to have Hagrid's in its place, especially now that we have Velocicoaster for more thrills.
>>
File: 20211229_182250.jpg (627 KB, 1536x2048)
627 KB
627 KB JPG
The plans for the rumored Knott's giga were leaked, and it seems to have a height of 325 feet with a drop of 347 feet through a tunnel.
>>
>>2165015
Knott's has soul but unfortunately it's in Commieland
>>
>>2165015
>>2165046
i wonder if cali residents will try and prevent it from being built due to possible noise complaints
>>
>>2165076
If it does get built, it's definitely going to have sand in the track to muffle the sound.

Wasn't there a park that had a drop ride with plexiglass shields bolted to the shoulder harnesses a long time ago? It was allegedly to muffle screams from riders to the surrounding neighborhood.
>>
File: zeldaride.png (658 KB, 1600x778)
658 KB
658 KB PNG
>>2161044
Legend of zelda land coming to islands of adventure as per this leak from some one's portfolio. features king of red lions with moving talking animatronic head.
>>
>>2165129
Why would they have the King of Red Lions when this is clearly based on BOTW-era. I think it's just a fancy-looking boat.
That said, I was wondering whether or not they would go hard on basing it on one single game in the franchise, or make it a generic Hyrule to fit whatever they wanted. Guess it makes sense to go for the most recent one. Not gonna lie, an animatronic Guardian would be fucking sick.
So does this mean Lost Continent is done for?
>>
File: kingofredlions.png (125 KB, 422x298)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>>2165218
its definitely King Of red lions, the fact that the head can swivvle around confirms it. The ropes course leads me to believe there will be some kind of paraglider/flying fox contraption.
>>
>>2165218
>So does this mean Lost Continent is done for?
Assuming the leak is genuine, I'd put Lost Continent's existence on a timer, but one that's4 or more years long. I doubt Universal will make any major changes to IoA until Universe opens and Kids Zone gets a replacement, considering that IoA is in a really good spot right now, and Poseidon's Fury seems to be getting a fairly intensive refurb. Personally, I'd rather see Toon Lagoon get the old Lost Continent treatment (keep the water rides as Toon Lagoon, then rip out and re-theme the rest of the area), but Lost Continent is probably the most 8n danger.
>>
File: drifblim.png (572 KB, 1510x721)
572 KB
572 KB PNG
>>2165376
>and Kids Zone gets a replacement,

speaking of which, Pokemon. its right next to the woody wood pecker coaster which may see a retheme.
>>
>>2165379
Battle Frontier's a solid choice for a Pokemon land, though it needs something Pokemon Snap inspired as the main anchor.
>>
>>2165379
Nice. I really like that these have interactive play elements (the ropes course and obstacle course). Shit like that is great for kids at parks, and I feel like we don't see it enough these days.
>>
>>2165218
>So does this mean Lost Continent is done for?
I hope so. That area never offered anything but the Poseidon show which was solid but has not been a must-see for a long time. Always felt barren walking through there. The talking fountain will be missed if it goes, but that's it.
>>
>>2165389
>The talking fountain will be missed if it goes
They fucking better find a place for my boy if they do a Zelda re-theme. It's not like he'd really clash with the theme.
>>
>>2165391
It'd be a genderswap, but the base premise of the talking fountain would be pretty good for a Great Fairy Fountain thing.
>>
>>2165393
I'd hope for them to just keep him exactly the same honestly. It could be fun to have him remember Lost Continent and be confused by his new surroundings for the first year. Plus there's pretty much already a gender-swapped version of him at Volcano Bay, so another magical female water feature may be too similar to that.
>>
>>2165076
Doesn't Silver Bullet have sand in the track as well?
>>
Universal singapore has a battlestar galactica dueling coaster
>>
>>2165424
and one side is inverted while the other is normal
>>
>>2165425
Was the sit-down train meant to seat 4 across in the past?
>>
>>2165425
heard that coaster is lame
>>
>>2161892
whats with the sarah post?
>>
>>2165077
>Wasn't there a park that had a drop ride with plexiglass shields bolted to the shoulder harnesses a long time ago?
Maliboomer at Disneyland California Adventure
the face shields were to prevent screams but people thought they were puke shields and it actually detracted people from riding it keklmao
>>
>>2165491
>people thought they were puke shields
Kek they probably were many times

>and it actually detracted people from riding it keklmao
It's kind of gross for some reason. Seems really unhygienic to me, maybe it's not that bad. Moreover it shits up the view
>>
>>2165491
Anyone else hate when people have their bare feet out on rides? Just wear appropriate shoes you're gonna be walking or standing around all day
>>
File: wp1913622.jpg (364 KB, 1920x1080)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
>>2165129
>that concept art
Literally got this from google
>>
>>2165538
i really wouldn't put it beyond them to feature fan art in a concept design doc. especially considering how hastily link is edited out of it.
>>
>>2165494
Feet are disgusting, anon, simple as.
>>
>>2165426
apparently both of them.
https://youtu.be/jWJYeimZUPo
>>
>>2165660
I find it amazing that in this day and age with all the physics simulations we still get coasters that put too much strain on tracks and supports, requiring emergency measures.
>>
>>2165491
I miss this
>>
>>2165666
From what I read, it is because they sped them up since >>2165436 was likely true, the new speed ended up increasing the strain so they lightened them up like that.
Seems like a good deal to me.
>>
>>2165765
Yeah, but now it has cringe vests
>>
>>2165660
>>2165765
Interdasting ty
>>
>>2165046
Hey I feel the same with Texas when they put good coasters just miles away from a bunch of facists
>>
whats a good roller coaster to coom in?
>>
File: peppabig.jpg (195 KB, 1280x720)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>2165891
>>
File: 4u.png (61 KB, 1200x921)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>2165918
>>
File: enterprise-cne2004.jpg (251 KB, 800x1200)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>2165891
not rollercoaster but

>ride allows for a stranger to sit right in front of you with little to no separation in between
>the retard begins to slide back until it crushes you
>can't make the piece of shit sit properly
>complains about the retard after
>get a "haha your scared" reply by the supervisors

that happened every fucking time in my childhood. never again rode anything where the seats are laid like that.
>>
>>2166149
I've never been on one of those where they paired you up with someone else. Must have been a traveling fair
>>
>>2166158
Yeah every enterprise I've ridden has you riding by yourself
>>
>>2166955
Well of the handful I've been on at permanent theme parks, you could either ride alone or ride with someone you knew
>>
>>2166971
Interesting. Maybe I never noticed cause they're a dying breed, as well as the fact that they're all getting replaced by Zamperla Endeavors.
>>
File: ufo.png (900 KB, 775x518)
900 KB
900 KB PNG
>>2166978
whatabout these models? my home park has both an enterprise and this ride installed
>>
>>2165129
>jungle cruise but it's the KoRL telling you about Zora's, Koroks
>Jurassic Park cruise but with Zelda enemies at Forsaken Fortress, Phantom Ganon/Helmaroc King following your cruise after a certain point
Give it to me right fucking now.
>>
>>2167241
I believe the current rumor is that it'd be a normal boat dark ride that transitions into a Peter Pan type ride at some point. Universal has a patent out for that kind of ride system, so people think it'll be used for Zelda, but only time will tell.
>>
>>2167315
>boat ride through forest ruins
>see broken down Guardians and shit around you
>enter the temple where some keese and bokoblins are camping or something
>temple gets attacked by Guardians
>jump off temple and deploy your sailcloth as the boat attaches to the rail above and flies off
>battlefield below you of Guardians shooting lasers
Might be kino
>>
>>2167315
I want a 1:1 ripoff of Jurassic Park but with moblins and the Helmaroc King replacing the Trex at the end.
>>
USH JP themed coaster when? Oh wait....
>>
>>2165381
Pokémon Snap dark ride would be the best case scenario.
>>
>>2167518
There's literally no room
>>
File: logo.png (46 KB, 554x554)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
Hey /rcg/

are you guys interested in having a /rcg/ rapresentation in the /trv/ team in the cup chan?

if you don't know what is this, it's a sitewide tournament between 4chan boards simulated in a soccer game.
Each board can provide a team in which each player represents something from the board culture, most of the times using funny 3d models and custom textures
More info here >>2165324

I'm personally don't go amusement park, so i don't really browse this general, but i still feel the team should include the entire board.
If you guys have any idea for a /rcg/ player, you can let me know, and ill try to feature it in our team during the winter cup this late january
>>
>>2168937
Love this shit, but I'm not sure how we'd be represented honestly. Just some dude with a ride vehicle as a head?
>>
>>2168937
Thread OP here, /rcg/ is a fairly new general but having a player representing it in the cup would be really cool

As for a character, yeah like >>2169042 said maybe an Arrow Dynamics coaster car or an Arrow suspended car.
seeing an entire coaster modeled out or a dude with a Top Thrill Dragster head running through the field would be hilarious.
and as for a name idk off my head, maybe coaster enthusiast? idk
>>
>>2168937
Soccer is gay, what's not gay is Thunderhead
>>
>>2168937
recommended player names:
Jenny Nicholson (make the player as short and cute as possible)
Josh D'Amaro (make him look like satan)
Joe Rohde (pic related. having something hanging off his ear is a must, comically large is ideal)

if names based on entities and not people are allowed:
Rocky Mountain Construction
Vekoma
Top Thrill Dragster (a taunt that makes it look like he's throwing a piece of metal would be great, if PES supports such a thing)
Walt Disney Transportation (make the player as fat as possible)
>>
>>2169132
Josh D'Amaro as I understand it is a good guy that agrees that Disney is retarded but his hands are tied by Bob. At least that's my understanding
>>
File: Coaster Credit.jpg (205 KB, 700x525)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>2169159
That's what people say, but it's pretty much impossible to know how much decision-making power he has compared to Chapek. My money is that D'Amaro probably cares more about the parks than Chapek does but isn't as good as fans want him to be. They want to envision him as this shining, opposing force to Chapek's shitty decision making, but I really doubt that's the case. He's almost certainly on board with making old attractions more PC and injecting IPs everywhere.

>>2168937
Give a player a Wacky Worm head and name him
>A Cred's a Cred
>>
>>2169182
D'Amaro definitely cares more, Chapek just isn't willing to put money in the parks and seems to think they're a waste of time. D'Amaro would put more effort in, but like you said that effort probably also wouldn't be what most theme park fans would want, i.e. stuffing franchises in places they don't belong.
>>
File: karl.png (660 KB, 461x667)
660 KB
660 KB PNG
>>2169132
people are allowed, but there has to be a good reason for it
for instance, we have Karl Pilkington (an idiot abroad) and used to have Rick Steves

as for the others
>Rocky Mountain Construction; Vekoma
we could actually used them as sponsor on our shirts
>Top Thrill Dragster
i really need a quick rundown on these
>Walt Disney Transportation
there's already American Tourist that will be fat (as soon as i figure out how to make fat people lot looking extremely glitchy)

>>2169182
holy fuck this is some nightare fuel
not sure i undestand the name, but i like it

btw guys, don't forget to vote in our poll
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSerlIq6ezCo_Ia8T-wqcwihtXP_XOYYjrOmDv1WQtz7BrC_qA/viewform
>>
>>2169390
>not sure i undestand the name, but i like it
It's referencing coaster autists who go to the smallest theme parks and ride the shittiest, most embarrasingly childish kiddie coasters just so they can add it to their list of coasters they've done, in an attempt to ride them all and complete the list. So "A Cred's a Cred" means that even tho they look really stupid as an adult in a tiny weird caterpillar kiddie coaster made exclusively for kids, at least they got the credit of riding this one so they can add one more to their list.
>>
>>2169405
>even tho they look really stupid as an adult in a tiny weird caterpillar kiddie coaster made exclusively for kids
Don't forget they're riding alone
>>
File: darien gap.jpg (259 KB, 1214x672)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>2169405
this sounds actually perfect for 4cc
If the /rcg/ rep i added in the poll gets a couple more votes, im gonna add it

so...you guys keeps a list of all the rides you rode?
Is there like a letterboxd of rides?

>>2169415
so wait, people go to amusement park by themselves?
>>
>>2169390
Top Thrill Dragster (pic rel) is a coaster at the Cedar Point amusement park in Ohio (which btw is basically mecca for coaster autists) that was once the tallest and fastest coaster in the world when it opened. It is now 2nd place for both of those records.
It has since become a sort of meme in the community for its simple layout, quick ride duration (30 seconds) and stupidly long lines. Not only that, the park management itself HATES the ride as it cost a ton of money to build, maintain and operate as the ride has excessive amounts of downtime and especially when 75% of the park attendees statistically won't ride it by choice. It also had an accident in August which shut the ride down for the rest of the 2021 season lmao
I would've suggested putting a cheekily modeled TTD on a player's head.

Another idea i had was putting Disneyworld merch on a player (like mickey ears and a Disney t-shirt) but I also really like the Cred's a Cred idea as well.
>>
>>2169445
It's 3rd place for fastest actually
>>
>>2169443
yeah I've done it plenty of times. Gotta get them credits. Plus you don't have to worry about your group not wanting to ride something. Instead of arguing with someone else for 30 minutes you just go on the ride. Saves a lot of time.
>>
>>2169443
>so...you guys keeps a list of all the rides you rode?
Yeah, most people use a site called coaster-count to keep track of all their credits. And/or they have their own spreadsheet, I guess.
>Is there like a letterboxd of rides?
The closest thing to a letterboxd of rides I know of would be a site called captaincoaster where you can rate and review coasters, but it's much less used compared to just counting credits on coaster-count.

>so wait, people go to amusement park by themselves?
Plenty of people do. When you're as serious about coasters as we are, you have to. It has its advantages as well though as you can do whatever you want without considering anyone else, and you can utilise single rider lines that exist at some attractions. Definitely makes your visit much more efficient.
>>
>>2169390
>>Rocky Mountain Construction; Vekoma
>we could actually used them as sponsor on our shirts
This would be amazing.
>>
What are good parks to hit up in the winter/ early spring? I'm a bit up north and want to get some savings by going off season, so I figure I'll have to head down south.
>>
>>2170085
anything in florida. I'm a repeat winter visitor that went there in september for the first time (the other slow season) and it was so humid I wanted to fucking kill myself.
winter in florida is almost always pic related
>>
Starcruiser flopping is our only hope to get OTshit into the parks
>>
>>2170085
Choose between Florida and SoCal, Texas is there too but their parks are only open weekends in the offseason instead of 365 days.
>>
Should I get a Universal Florida annual pass if I can only go like one weekend every 1-2 months due to working full time? I’m thinking yes, because even if it’s expensive, it ultimately would allow me to get more park time and pay for itself after probably one weekend, since instead of flying down on a Friday, paying for a park-to-park Saturday ticket, and flying home Sunday, I’d be able to fly down on a Friday, go into the parks for a few hours that day, have the entire Saturday too, and possibly a few hours before my flight home on the Sunday too. Thoughts? Anyone else do anything similar? Is it worth it?
>>
Velocicoaster is currently the best roller coaster ever. Prove me wrong faggots.
>>
File: 20210906_130140.jpg (3.22 MB, 4032x2268)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB JPG
>>2170445
ngl it's pretty great. I had high expectations for it and I think it surpassed them.
>>
>>2170440
You're still only going to be visiting on the most crowded days. That's a no-go for me but maybe you won't mind.
>>
>>2170440
If you're that big of a park autist you should just move there. I've been considering moving there myself for years but my gf won't let me.
>>
>>2170445
It's probably the best one I've personally been on, but I have yet to hit up some of the other 'best' coasters, so I can't really make a full judgement call there.
>>
>>2170445
I haven't ridden it, but I could see it. It would take a lot to pass up Steel Vengeance for me though
>>
>>2170445
After riding Eejanaika last year I would say "No" even without riding it yet.
I would agree that is a better ride, (as in, including theming, rockwork, etc) but this thing is literally unsurpassable as a coaster.

(the image stabilizer on gcam is black magic)
>>
Are there any multi day parks in the Midwest? Cedar point seems huge for example
>>
>>2170983
I'd say Cedar Point for sure. Silver Dollar City, while not necessarily a 2 day park for some, I think you should take multiple days at. You only need 1 day for all the other midwest parks, unless you're going to Holiwood Nights.
>>
File: squat toulet.jpg (65 KB, 570x493)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Hey /rcg/, /trv/ 4cc team managers here again
Because we appreciated your interested in the cup, we decided to make "A Cred's a Cred" a player in the next cup. More details here >>2171493

By the way, if you know if there are cool 3d models we could use, let us know

In the meantime, we have a last final poll to break the tie for 2nd silver player
https://strawpoll.com/5zrw8k682

Winter cup will kick off on January 28th, see you all there
>>
>>2171501
Cool shit mate. Sadly, I have no fucking idea about how 3D models work. At a cursory glance, I see a model on ArtStation of a Wacky Worm, but I have no idea how that site works, if it costs money, or if it would be able to be imported. Planet Coaster also has a family coaster train inspired by the Wacky Worm, though it's not identical, and I don't know how easy it'd be to rip the model.
>>
>>2171516
Artstation seems to be like a portfolio. you could email the user in question and see if he'd be willing to share his model to a bunch of soccer autists
i'm only fluent in CAD software, not modeling like this, otherwise i'd try and help
>>
File: 20210903_105055.jpg (2.48 MB, 4032x2268)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB JPG
Post pics from your recent park visits
>>
>>2171720
Raising your Big Thunder with my own Big Thunder
>>
File: IMG_0245.jpg (2.89 MB, 5184x3888)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB JPG
>>2171743
>>2171720
Did somebody say Big Thunder Mountain?
>Helping some random kid commit a fake spree shooting against the other park guests.
Easily my favorite part of my last Disney trip. God I love Tom Sawyer Island.
>>
File: 20210903_103328.jpg (3.16 MB, 4032x2268)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB JPG
>>2171839
Comfy
>>
>>2171839
That's adorable anon, you're a good guy

Here's another Paris pic with the GOAT
>>
File: 20210903_200821.jpg (1.91 MB, 4032x2268)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
Bob can't take this from us can he?
>>
>>2172062
I hate him as much as the next guy but that entrance (as shown in your pic) was literally just built a year ago, I highly doubt it goes away
>>
>>2172073
>>2172062

Also there are not lighting effects on it now which look pretty neat.
>>
Thoughts on Shawn Sanbrooke
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>2172340
Forgot pic
>>
>>2172340
he should stop being friends with sexual predators
>>
>>2172343
idk who he is but he has autism phenotype
seems like a nice guy :)
>>
>>2171839
How long until these get removed due to cultural sensitivity?
>>
File: FH-AXvpXwAEyuAv.jpg (171 KB, 1200x675)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
I want to believe this will happen...

>spend 1-2 days here
>walk 200m to the channel tunnel rail link
>get the train straight to Disneyland Paris

Would be a great short holiday.
>>
>>2172340
Extremely autistic, but seems like a nice enough bloke. I fully admit I've watched his Tokyo DisneySea vlogs to vicariously live through his first time experience in anticipation of my first visit (hopefully) next year.
>>
>>2170446
millie is my favorite even after riding steve. getting on that bitch felt like strapping into space shuttle and heading on the most exciting journey of my life. great view too. it was evening on a pretty night too. objectivly you are right (maybe) but you cant forget the experence
>>
>>2170440
Its about $70 a trip if you go every other month for the $400 pass. If you go monthly its like $35 a trip.
>>
>>2172441
I was honestly shocked to find them still there. When I went with my family in 2016, barely any of them worked, so I figured they'd be removed. I was extremely pleasantly surprised to find them restored to working condition when my girlfriend and I went last year. This prompted me to tell her about how my dad and I would always pretend to shoot at the train on Big Thunder Mountain. A passing kid overheard and asked if he could shoot people with me, and we just shot people for a couple minutes. Later on, we noticed the guns moving after we got off Big Thunder ourselves. We waved to get their attention, then started ducking and weaving when they aimed at us, eventually pretending to get hit and fall over. Then we got on the river boat and did the same thing when we saw a father and daughter shooting at the boat. If Disney ever removes those guns, I'll be devastated.

>>2172554
I hope it opens up too. I was booked to go in May of 2020, then re-booked for 2021. Finally gave up after that.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (303 KB, 1280x720)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
>>2161069
I weed myself on Tidal Wave at Thorpe Park when I was young because I'd stood in the queue for ages and needed a piss and just let go going down, you get soaked anyway so it doesn't really matter.
>>
Any shitposters in here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_o38ff3So

I admit I didn't expect a tire launch in >2022
>>
>>2172887
Was that replacing an old coaster or something because that name really doesn't match.
>>
File: FJFLig5UcAIfRs2.jpg (66 KB, 680x644)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
Figment popcorn bucket at Epcot is commanding 7 hour lines with eBay scalpers selling him for over $100 dollars
>>
>>2172966
>Figment still insanely popular.
>Used in loads of merchandise for EPCOT.
>Disney still refuses to update his ride to make it anything but shit.
It baffles me.
>>
>>2172980
Literally Bob's fault, also his fault harmonious sucks so hard
>>
>>2172980
One day we'll have our time in the sun, figment bros.
One day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aBzPnLz66Y
>>
>>2172997
I can't blame Figment entirely on Chapek. It was a joint effort between him, Eisner, and Iger to keep that ride shit over the years. Harmonious however, Jesus fucking Christ. You fill the lagoon with these ugly as sin barges and can't even be bothered to center them. Why the FUCK aren't the barges centered Bob!?
>>
Sometimes I wish Westcot could have been chosen over DCA but then I remember what Epcot is like today
>>
Any neat coasters in west texas?
>>
>New GIGA Coaster On Ride POV Animation. Knotts Berry Farm has long had rumors of a GIGA roller coaster coming to the California theme park, and 2023 may be that year. The proposal has been made and the amusement park just could get what roller coaster fans have always wanted. A ride that rivals FURY 325 at Carowinds, the Knotts Berry Farm Giga Coaster will come in just over 7,000 feet long, & an insane 100mph is obtainable (the only coaster to ever achieve the feat with a lift hill.) #KnottsBerryFarm #RollerCoaster #POV
>Created with NoLimits 2, this particular ride is based on exact sea-level heights from documents proposing the new 2023 attraction. It follows the layout using Google Maps as a measurement to obtain an accurate scale.
>The ride is located in the parking lot, with a new parking garage structure to be built near the Knotts Hotel. The ride goes over the entrance road of both the theme park parking at the hotel parking and creates quite the sight from miles away.

Say whatever you want about >B&M hypers (aka. the sameface), but this shit looks amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiY0uBmeznM
>>
>>2173183
>those trim brakes on that first hill
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
https://youtu.be/8uoOWRpBlMs

So damn comfy
>>
>>2170449
Normally it’d be a no-go for me too, but I have no other option due to my full time schedule and no vacation time until this coming December. Not that I’m likely to still be working at my current job by then anyway, but that’s besides my point. I’ve already ridden everything multiple times over anyway, so it’s not like I NEED to get every single attraction done in the span of a single weekend.
>>2170453
Florida is too fucking hot to live in full-time and as a park autist I’m pretty happy with KI as my home park, CP as my home away from home park, and Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World, and Dollywood within day-trip driving distance.
>>2172629
I’m gonna be honest, I’m a little retarded, can you elaborate on this? I don’t get what you’re trying to say.
>>
>>2172966
Disney autist moment
>>
>>2173214
>Ebay reseller moment
FTFY
>>
>>2173215
As an inhabitant of /toy/, trust me, I hate eBay resellers too.
Cocksuckers.
>>
File: Non Figgable Token.png (82 KB, 1526x340)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>>2173214
>>2173215
>Someone taking the piss out of the eBay scalper culture put a shitty drawing of the bucket up for auction to benefit Habitat for Humanity
>Attracts a bunch of imitators throughout the day
>The original auction closes on this.
>>
>>2173219
Uh, based?
>>
>>2173189
I didn't see any
>>
>>2173169
There's Texas Tornado at Wonderland in Amarillo, which was the first Hopkins roller coaster. It's also infamous for being designed on a napkin at a cocktail party. The same park also has one of the last, if not THE last, Miler Wild Mice (cyclone).

Lubbock has Joyland, but all they have is a Zyklon/galaxi. Joyland looks more interesting for some of their flat rides desu.
>>
>>2173262
I meant the first big airtime him at 1:27
>>
>>2173262
Literally the first air time hill
>>
>>2172062
>>2172073
The only things Bob took from Epcot so far are the Spaceship Earth update and Mary Poppins ride
>>
>>2173374
It wasn't the first hill though
>>
>>2173507
retard
>>
>>2173513
I'm literally right
>>
Is Legoland Windsor still good?

I heard one or two things still won’t be ready for when it full re opens for the end of restrictions in spring and summer.
>>
File: TexasTornadoWonderland2.jpg (394 KB, 1440x1920)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
>>2173372
>Texas Tornado at Wonderland
lol what the fuck is this
>>
Are the Six Flags and Sea World in San Antonio worth visiting?
>>
>>2173598
That is one of the best Six Flags parks, so definitely yes on that. They're getting that dive coaster this year but they already have a great collection in a beautiful setting. SeaWorld is more about the animals and shows for me but if you're just into coasters you might as well go anyways cause it's like 20 minutes away from the Six Flags and the lineup is decent if not mindblowing. They make you get a locker for everything though unlike Six Flags where zero rides require that, so that's a bit annoying.

If you have the chance, hit Switchback at ZDT's in the nearby town of Seguin too. It's a very unique ride.
>>
>>2173574
soul incarnate
>>
>>2161552
Holy shit man Eastern State Penitentiary
Is BASED (if it's as good as I remember)
I remember I had this book called Weird Pennsylvania as a kid that had all sorts of spooky stuff from across the state, and it was outstanding.
>>
>>2174198
Eastern State actually stopped their haunt last year. They did a more general Halloweenfest and only had two of their attractions still open. We still Have Pennhurst Asylum, Bates Motel, Valley of Fear, Reaper's Revenge, Field of Screams, and more.
>>
This honestly looks incredible and reminds me of Thunderhead a bit
https://twitter.com/SkylineAttrax/status/1483132483457720320?t=Ud0iL92nnDfU-lN0_Ab7Hw&s=19
>>
Universal Studios Hollywood for two days or Universal for one day and Knotts Berry Farm the other day?
>>
>>2174575
I haven't been there, but USH really doesn't look like a 2 day park to me, so I'd pick the latter option. Hopefully someone with first-hand knowledge can weigh in as I'd also like to visit the Cali parks at some point.
>>
>>2174575
Disneyland and then Knott's, USH is garbage
>>
>>2174678
I've already been to Disneyland and I'm not interested in visiting (or paying) for it again. What's wrong with Universal? I know it doesn't have big rides, which is why I'm planning for Knott's and other places too.
>>
>>2174685
The only really interesting thing there is the studio tour. Everything else is just a rehash of USO. It's just not a great park in my opinion but it may be worth a visit.
>>
>>2173574
A roller coaster designed on a napkin at a cocktail party.
>>
>>2174685
if all you want is rides then go for Knotts and Six Flags. Six Flags is probably a two day park if the lines are still bad
>>
File: CEkJaGULCKbBUNpk.webm (2.81 MB, 576x1024)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB WEBM
hey guys look at this
>>
>>2174575
Latter option, though like the others said I'd rather do SFMM or Disneyland than USH, unless you haven't been to Universal in Florida.
>>2174690
Well, the Pets ride is unique to the park and a pretty good dark ride. The Jurassic retheme as well
>>2174722
Well, I guess that's the end of the stuntronic.
>>
>>2174722
lmao
>>
>>2174722
Pretty sure that's CG
look at the motion of it at the start
>>
>>2175093
durr
>>
File: 20210905_175819.jpg (4.11 MB, 4032x2268)
4.11 MB
4.11 MB JPG
What's your favorite resort bros? For me, it's Disney's Polynesian Resort™®©
>>
>>2175093
holy shit anon, ur dum.
>>
>>2175306
Cabana Bay at Universal. Better theming than any of Disney's "budget" options at a lower price point. Plus it has better transportation.
>>
File: A CREDS A CRED.png (2 MB, 951x1151)
2 MB
2 MB PNG
Hey /rcg/
Im just showing a small preview update on the /rcg/ player on the /trv/ team in the 4cc (please ignore the extra floating hand)

big thanks to this anonsuggestion, it really looks great >>2169182
the cup starts on jan 28, get hyp
>>
>>2175686
Absolutely hysterical. Good work, anon.
>>
>>2174685
Two days at knotts it’s a lot of fun
>>
>>2175686
Jesus christ that looks so fucking retarded
It's wonderful 10/10
>>
>>2175686
Hilarious, thanks
>>
>>2175637
Cabana Bay is meh imo. Honestly that's how I feel about all their resorts. Disney absolutely outclasses them in this respect, for the exception of star wars and all star lmao
>>
File: holy shit.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>2175686
topest of kekest, sorry /myteam/ but I just found my favorite new player.
>>
>>2175637
but aventura costs the same and is more clean and quiet, and has a much shorter walk from your room to the restaurant and bus stop
>>
>>2173574
Fun fact those are PTC trains modified to run on Hopkins track.
>>
>>2176174
I go in the off season, so quiet isn't a concern to me. I'd rather take the theming of Cabana over Aventura, but I can see its appeal to others.
>>2176148
Disney's mid and high tier hotels are great, but I'm a cheap bastard, so I wouldn't stay at them. Cabana Bay is better than any of Disney's low end hotels.
>>
File: Art-of-Animation.jpg (102 KB, 1024x667)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>2176252
Art of Animation is solid, but yeah the rest are shit in the cheap category. But I do have some nostalgia for them because that's mostly where we stayed when I was a wee lad. My dad was Disney autist before it was cool and we went almost every single year.
>>
>>2176380
I'll admit I haven't stayed in that one, and it does seem better than the All-Stars. However, it's still a bit too pricey for me. If I had kids it might be worth the cost, but until then, I just can't justify the price. That's why I like Cabana Bay. Cheap, pretty enough to walk through, a nice lazy river for that first night before hitting the parks, and surprisingly good food which I can grab on a day I'm hitting the water park or if I'm just tired after running around for several days. How is Art of Animation in terms of food? I remember the All-Star resorts being pretty shit.
>>
>>2176380
>Art of Animation is solid
No sorry, all the Disney value """resorts""" are shit tier
>>
>>2176391
Pretty standard Disney fare, though I do remember them having a really solid breakfast.

>>2176403
The value resorts are fine if you're paying $150 a night or less. If you pay more than that I would agree. I think they have a soul all of their own, but that may just be my nostalgia. I mean it's Disney, the rooms are still super clean (although small) and everything is upkept super nice. Yes, staying at the Drury Inn is a lot better value, but if you're a poorfag you don't need to be going to Disney anyways.
>>
>>2176403
Soul
>>
There any good parks nearby Cedar Point? I would love to visit it some time in the future, but it feels like a waste to fly such a distance for a single park.
>>
>>2176691
Imagine never visiting the best park for coasters in the world because you can't do a search yourself
>>
>>2176691
Dollywood is only 10 hours away
>>
File: Walt_Disney_2.jpg (797 KB, 1080x1440)
797 KB
797 KB JPG
I miss him bros
>>
>>2176391
The Disney transportation system can make it worthwhile if you've a family old enough or big enough to split up but the gradual cutting back of perks makes it increasingly hard to justify spending 2-3x what you'd spend on an external hotel. Especially when you've areas like Maingate where you're literally a single turn from Disney property.

Disney right now are just cashing in on families determined to have the perfect holiday and spend insane amounts. There is a certain buzz about being immersed in Disney for a first time trip, but there's also a buzz about having an extra $1000 in your wallet.
>>
>>2176791
Yeah, I stayed off-site on my last visit for that reason. There was no EMH, so no reason for me to spend and additional $40 per night just to stay at one of the All-Stars resorts which had the same transportation time as my off-site hotel. Conversely, when I went to Universal, I stayed on-site because the hotel was actually budget and included better early entry. Plus the transportation time was only like 5-10 minutes to/from the park. The fact that Disney now cut their free transportation just makes their hotels an even worse deal. I can't see myself staying on-site anymore, unless they release a great discount, which they never seem to do anymore.
>>
>>2176791
The Disney resorts make a ton of sense if you have children and have money even with Bob ruining everything
>>
>>2176691
Kings Island is around a 3.5 hour drive south, Indiana Beach is around 3.5 hours west, Waldameer is 2 hours east and Kennywood is around 4 hours east. You could probably do a grand Midwest trip and find a way to do all of them, while also being able to throw in Six Flags Great America, Kentucky Kingdom, and Holiday World.
>>
>>2176693
I never said I had no intention of ever visiting it because there isn't anything else close, I was just wondering if there was anything close to go park hopping and whatnot
>>
>>2176863
Cedar Point is seriously That Park. You could spend 3 days there easily and not get bored. So I think there's no need.
>>
>>2176799
>The fact that Disney now cut their free transportation
What?
>>
>>2176867
The Disney Magical Express buses between the airport and Disney have been shut down.
>>
>>2176873
If you're about to spend thousands of bucks to fly to Orlando and stay on Disney property, the cost of Uber or a cab to/from the airport is a non-issue. I thought you meant on-property transportation had an upcharge now. I think one day it will have to as the system increases in size.
>>
>>2165129
>>2165379
>mini zone redoes in IoA
>not just tossing them as major sections in the new park theyre making a mile away
I pray they dont fuck it up, a LoZ and Pokemon zone could be insane if they add it to their new park rather than make it a 1 ride stop in their already limited space
>>
Six Flags Magic Mountain, two or three days? I'm visiting in May so hopefully it won't be excessively busy.
>>
>>2176926
>>
>>2176890
This, I think it's really odd they're splitting up the Nintendo stuff so much, but to be fair that's what they did with Harry Potter too, so I shouldn't be surprised honestly. I haven't been to IoA yet, how big is that area they're supposedly turning into Zelda? Might end up very underwhelming if it doesn't feel like a fully realized land.
>>
Six Flags kinda wildin' with this new season pass structure, eh?
>>
Lads, question for fellow Europoors.

Best Theme Park on mainland Europe to visit. The wife and I fancy heading somewhere over Easter or early summer.
>>
>>2177095
Europa Park, Phantasialand, Effteling.
>>
>>2176883
>If you're about to spend thousands of bucks to fly to Orlando and stay on Disney property, the cost of Uber or a cab to/from the airport is a non-issue.
I never understood this retarded argument. I'm already paying a lot of money, so yeah, I don't want to spend any more. Defending Disney cutting all these incentives because, "dude, it's already expensive lmao," is beyond stupid. If Disney is going to cut all incentives to stay on-property, then I'm not going to spend extra to stay on-property. Why defend a multi-billion dollar corporation's attempts to nickle and dime people?
>>
>>2177095
What >>2177122 said, these are the three you need. It's hard to say which one is the best, depends on what you prefer. I'd say Phantasialand, but some people will say Europa Park. Efteling is the comfiest tho, with some world class dark rides which I'm partial to.
>>
>>2177172
>I'm already paying a lot of money, so yeah, I don't want to spend any more.
Just get an Uber ride or rent a car.

>If Disney is going to cut all incentives to stay on-property, then I'm not going to spend extra to stay on-property.
They're not cutting all incentives to stay on property, they're getting rid of Muh Magic Express, if you're a bus autist they still have free buses you can ride around the resort.

Why defend a multi-billion dollar corporation's attempts to nickle and dime people?
Sounds like you shouldn't go there if it's that bad
>>
>>2177180
>They're not cutting all incentives to stay on property, they're getting rid of Muh Magic Express
>Dude, they're not cutting incentives, they're just cutting incentives. Don't you dare criticize the mouse!
Okay dipshit.
>>
Have you ever stayed at a Deluxe or Premium Disney resort?
To make it worth it, I assume you really need to dedicate time to spend at the hotel and its surroundings.

When we last went in 2018 (despite having the money) we opted to stay in the cheapest (All Star Music) for 2 weeks.

It saved us a considerable amount (between £1500 - £4500 vs others). In reality, it was just a place to sleep at night.

Yes the food hall was pretty basic, but we where up at 7am, gabbing a small bite to eat and out the door before coming back at 7pm to change and head out again for dinner.
>>
>>2177230
Stop being a tightwad or stop going to their parks

You know exactly what the situation is down there and instead of not going you chose to go but complain about it on a Bhutanese crocheting forum. Pathetic
>>
No matter how big a fan of the Mouse you are, you surely have to admit the price gouging of fans in recent years has been getting ridiculous.

Removal of free travel
Car Parking fees at hotels
Increased park ticket prices (significant increases)
Increased hotel prices
Limited perks for on-site hotel guests
Removal of free fast-pass option for all guests

It feels like rather than having 100,000 people per day in a Park charging $100 per day, theyre targeting 50,000 people per day at a cost of $200 to improve the customer experience, whilst only attracting the big big spenders
>>
>>2176873
The magical shuttle was something that came up a lot in my work. I'm going to be sad that I'll never have to hear another new starter go "what the hell is a magical shuttle"...

>>2177237
Honestly, the parks fill to capacity in the holidays before they started nickle and diming and they'll still probably stay mostly full. I wouldn't mind them cutting back and charging more if it wasn't the case that Disney's Off Peak is comparable to most theme park's peak times.

>first went to Disney 25 years ago during the Birthday cake castle fiasco
>did new years at Epcot (it was shit, the same as their usual fireworks, just with more crowds than I've ever seen before)
>parks went dead a few days later with most rides being walk on.

Probably never going to experience that again.
>>
>>2177237
You have a choice: don't go, but if you do, why are you bitching? You're the one paying for what you perceive to be shitty service and that's on you
>>
File: oxck01vee9d81.png (678 KB, 960x970)
678 KB
678 KB PNG
>>2177071
THEY GOT RID OF THE $150 TIER WITH UNLIMITED PREMIUM PARKING AND ONE LINE SKIP EACH VISIT WHA TTHE FUCKL

NOW IT'S $300 FOR PREMIUM PARKING AND YOU ONLY GET 10 LINE SKIPS FOR THE WHOLE SEASON

I AM MAD
>>
>>2177330
*5 line skips
>>
>>2177237
I don't even mind the ticket price increases. Those are upfront and necessary to keep numbers of guests manageable (sometimes). It's the cutting of services, paid FastPass, and shit like food/drink price increases I hate. Those things aren't meant to keep customers away, they're meant to exploit those already there.
>>
Bros say that I got into coasters as a retarded American who can't drive, and doesn't just so happen to have friends or family willing to come with me to places and drive me long distances to parks. Should I just kill myself? I don't know if it's literally even possible for me to get to places like Cedar Point and Holiday World
>>
>>2177439
Why can't you drive
>>
>>2177439
Unless you have some kind of crippling medical condition if you're too retarded to drive then you unironically should kill yourself
>>
>>2177467
>>2177493
Didn't really wanna go into it but should've expected such responses, anyway it's epilepsy. It's not allowed to drive if you haven't been seizure-free for an amount of time. I'm not photosensitive though and have never had a problem at parks before + my doctor says she's not concerned about it. So yeah, I just can't drive myself, but it's fine as long as I have my meds and get enough sleep etc....
>>
>>2177529
Damn sorry bro. Just move to Orlando and Uber to the parks or ride the buses
>>
>>2177529

Depending on where you stay, you can save a decent amount by Ubering to Disney Springs and then using the free buses to the Resports / Parks.

It might add 20/30 mins onto the journey, but over the course of multiple journeys it can cut the Uber fair in half. We easily saved $20 per journey ($40 per day / $300 per week) doing this
>>
I'm a single male going to Disney World for three days; which park is the best to leave out? Looks like Animal Kingdom has the least to offer someone in my demographic.
>>
>>2178084
Epcot is undergoing a big renovation fwiw

I'd still rather go there than AK though
>>
>>2178084
If you've been to Disneyland in CA before then I'd honestly say skip Magic Kingdom because it's 90% worse versions of rides you'll have done before over there, not much unique or new. Otherwise though, maybe AK just due to the sheer lack of quantity of rides, if that's what's most important to you. Some people are big into theming and animals and those people love AK so it comes down to what you're interested in.
>>
>>2178084

AK has just closed Expedition Everest too.

Personally, a lone male in Magic Kingdom sets off lots of warning flags.
>>
>>2178084
I personally find Hollywood Studios to be the worst park right now. Despite all the changes, it still feels like a half-day park to me. That said, you should definitely check if there are going to be ride closures while you're there. As one anon pointed out, Expedition Everest is being refurbished right now, so you might want to skip AK if you're going before that re-opens. If you've never been to any park, I'd say these are the big pros and cons for you to consider.

Magic Kingdom
>Pros: Tons of rides and shows. Decent amount of stuff to do outside of those as well.
>Cons: Shit food unless you pay for table service. Most rides are family rides. As that one anon said, very similar to Cali if you've been there.
EPCOT
>Pros: Several quality attractions, both family and thrill. Great food. Tons to do outside of rides. Probably the most single-friendly park.
>Cons: A lot of construction going on and a sense of lost identity.
Hollywood Studios
>Pros: Some of the best rides at WDW. Galaxy's Edge might be a big draw if you're big on Star Wars.
>Cons: Low quantity of rides combined with their relative newness means you'll likely see the highest wait times here. Less to do outside of rides and shows than any of the other parks. Completely jumbled theming. Galaxy's Edge is a bitch and a half to explore if the same covid restrictions are in place as last year.
Animal Kingdom
>Pros: Another high quality (but low quantity) ride line-up. Great food. A lot of things to do outside of rides/shows, but only if you like animals. Some of the best theming in a park.
>Cons: Wait times can get quite long. Closes earlier than the other parks. If you don't like animals, there's not much for you aside from the attractions.
>>
>>2161069
>>A strange low-quality welcome video was sent to people who booked a room at the Disney Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser Experience hotel (with rooms starting at $4800), people still wondering what is going on with Disney's quality control.
>Disney's quality control.
Isn't that word racist, like meritocracy?
>>
>>2178184

When you look at the Disney Parks in pure isolation (as a one day event) they really do seem to have a lot of baggage attached.

Every time I have been its usually been a 2/3 week stay doing multiple parks back to back. Ive never really thought of any of those drawbacks until now
>>
>>2178203
>a 2/3 week stay
God damn anon, that's a long time. I don't think I could ever do more than 5 days at Disney, but that's probably because I've been so conditioned over the years to move all day from sun up to sundown. My last two trips have only been three days. One with park-hopper so I could hit all the parks, and one without where I skipped HS. I think those two trips made the pros and cons stand out the most to me. I found a full day at EPCOT and Magic Kingdom extremely easy, Animal Kingdom pretty easy, and I felt like I had doen everything Hollywood Studios had to offer by mid-day. That said, the HS shows were still closed when I went, so those could add some time, but I just can't imagine myself spending a full day there even with them.

I think part of the problem is that there's no real way to take it slow at HS aside from watching shows. At MK you have things like Tom Sawyer Island, the Riverboat, the train, etc. I spent about 5 hours on my last trip just in Frontierland. EPCOT had the World Showcase, which I spent nine hours in when I had a full day there. AK has the animal trails and probably the best ride for same-day re-rides in Kilamanjaro Safaris. HS really has nothing. I guess you can explore Galaxy's Edge somewhat, but covid nixed that when I went. You had to join a virtual queue for every single store. It doesn't help that they removed the Great Movie Ride since that was pretty much the only long attraction in the park. Now almost every ride there is 5 minutes or less whereas the other parks all have something you can kill 10+ minutes on.
>>
>>2178214

I dont think we did more than 5 days.
This was mid september and the parks where fairly empty
The 3 week stay was

5 days at Disney
4 days at Universal
1 Day at Busch Gardens
1 Day at Sea World
1 Day at Kennedy
4 day trip down to the Florida Keys (fuck me that was a long drive from Orlando)
Rest days inbetween doing nothing really (incl returning to Water Parks just to chill out)
>>
>>2178243

Meant to say didnt do more than 5 days at Disney in the above post
>>
>>2178243
Ah, okay, that makes a lot more sense. Yeah, my family used to do a week to ten days down in Florida and hit up Disney for two days with park-hoppers usually. To this day I still find it hard to slow down at parks even if I have a full day in one place. It finally bit me in the ass when I went to HHN last year and tried to go from early park opening to event closing after a week of doing other Florida stuff. I was not ready for how much additional walking that event necessitates.
>>
>>2161069
>Six Flags Great Adventure is laying off employees in their firefighter department
I wonder why they'd have a firefighting department to begin with. Must be a local or state regulatory matter
>>
File: 1643056554490.jpg (97 KB, 694x463)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
Eftelbro's.. it's over.. it's finally over. They're closing it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.