[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 34 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 536e7af86bb3f72b3b7c70c0.jpg (324 KB, 2400x1350)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
I went for it and upgraded to "first class" and the meal and level of service you receive is worth the extra $160 for the 4 hour flight.
Does trv upgrade often? How much is too much when it's not worth it?

Secretly enjoyed making eye contact with everyone as they headed back to the peasant seats.
>>
>>2148105
I ALWAYS fly business or first class. Imagine sitting with the rabble goyim in the cheap seats packed in like they're getting shipped to Auschwitz. Kek couldnt be me.
>>
>>2148105
>Secretly enjoyed making eye contact with everyone as they headed back to the peasant seats.
This unironically makes it worthwhile alone
>>
>>2148105
How is the meal worth $160? Did you get food straight out of Michelin 3 star restaurant? No, you got maybe $10 worth of food.
>>
Always business or first on long haul flights. Short hops who cares, the only reason would be for collecting miles.
>>
>>2148105
>>2148109

>Paying to be seated first, rather than choosing to sit near the last boarding group.

Do you guys also prefer to leave last to get more 'bang for your buck' and/or to eyeball other people as they leave?
>>
>>2148105
>extra $160
Its never that cheap
>>
>>2148114
I’ve seen some great deals on upgrading to domestic first class, its rare but it’s worth it for a 2+ hour flight if it’s cheap, and can be worth it if you have extra or overweight luggage since you have a much greater allowance in first. First in international is absolutely not worth it unless you are a mega millionaire or someone else is paying.
>>
>>2148113
First on first off, I look back at the plebs crowded in the aisles struggling to get their baggage, as a flight attendant passes me my bags and helps me put my jacket on. I then exit the plane with my efficiently packed carry-on and head on my way.
>>
>>2148105
$160 to upgrade to business sounds like a shitty domestic flight. Try it on an international route, it'll be thousands more.
Coach is fine under three hours, but above that, it's business or better or I'm simply not going. It not about the meals to me, it's having a chair that doesn't break my ass and legs and make it impossible to rest.
>>
>>2148105
I went on a last minute first class transatlantic trip. Cost $15k. Company paid. There were only 4 people in the first class 747 cabin. We had our own dedicated overly obsequious waiter, great food and drinks, very cosy. Absolutely not worth 15k. Business class cost well over 75% less and would have been more than good enough. You just want room to stretch out and the ability to sleep. I still have a hard time sleeping on any plane even in business. Xanax or Ambien is probably the cheapest and best upgrade.
>>
>>2148107
>goyim
>shipped to Auschwitz
Anon, I...
>>
>>2148105
>the extra $160
Do you live in 1980 or something?
>>
>>2148160
The difference between business and first is not worth the price difference except if there is some special deal. Better to buy business and upgrade to first if possible.
>>
>>2148105
you got business class anon
>>
>>2148105
>Secretly enjoyed making eye contact with everyone as they headed back to the peasant seats.
No matter how much you pay, you will always be a peasant
>>
What is better? Three cheap flights or one flight with muh leg room and free coffee?
>>
>>2148105
The true first class doesn't eat airplane food.
>>
>>2148192
Any man can change his stars
>>
>>2148116
I know it’s great isn’t it. And then there are the qt sluts making eyes at you as they walk past your throne towards their economy shit seat with their loser boyfriend.
>>
a $2 xanax is more economical and fun
>>
>>2148115
>First in international is absolutely not worth it unless you are a mega millionaire or someone else is paying.
I’ve done it, it depends on the length of the flight, crossing the Pacific I want comfort for 12-15 hours of shit. Business is usually fine, but if the option for first class is there I’d take it, assuming the upgrade isn’t unfathomable. I will always remember taking my seat in First and having one of the cabin crew (a qt, I actually wound up getting her number, we did some sightseeing at the destination) come up and announce herself as a special attendant solely for pouring wine/champagne for the flight.
>>
Premium cabins are a waste of money if you're paying over 2x the price of an economy class ticket. If it's more than 2x the price, you can just buy two econ tickets for yourself and enjoy the extra space.
>>
-Is your flight getting full?
-Do you have a preferred type of location in the cabin you're sitting in?
-What types of passengers are possibly on your flight?

If your flight is empty, should you spend money on a premium offering if you're going to get an empty section by yourself?

If you have an empty row, or if you're seated in a pod, you'll have a chance to lie down.

If you're seated in a premium seat (with full sized static arm rests), you probably won't be that comfortable in comparison.
>>
>>2148105
you got a good deal even for a 2 hour flight I would pay and extra $160 for first class but never seen it that cheap
>>
>>2148207
This is true. If you knew how that food was prepared you would not eat it either. I've seen food dropped on the floor and then picked up and put in the package. This is what you get when hiring the cheapest or high school tier labor
>>
>>2148350
For short flights, I've upgraded to first class on domestic US for $50 to $75, depends on the airline and how busy the flight is. This was on Alaska Air and probably about 5 years ago. Domestic "first class" isn't that fancy but has some nice benefits if its a cheap enough upgrade. Alaska used to offer these seats as a cheap upgrade after purchase on non-busy flights back then not sure about now
>>
Now I am rich from crypto I am excited to start travelling first class and sneering at all of you pathetic wagecucks
>>
The time when business or first makes most sense is with frequent flier programs. Just going to use some point levels as examples. I’ve seen economy seats for 40,000 points and business on the same flight for 60 or 70k points. I also flew first class on a long US to Asia flight for 95k, it was some introductory offer for Emirates joining that FF program and they only offered a few of these cheap flights and my timing was lucky. So if you have a shit load of points, it’s better value to fly business depending on the program since many charge too much in points for their economy flights.
>>
>>2148105
I recently got access to standby tickets and looking forward to using them for cheap business class
With my airline it works out to be less than a regular economy ticket for long-haul international this way.
>>
hey scum it would be better if you post those luxury lunch/dinner for us poor
>>
>>2148429
You mean you work for the airline?
>>
>>2148445
Yeah, not flight or ground crew, but they extend these benefits to all employees after a certain amount of tenure. I'm just holding out for the virus restrictions to be over, so I can take advantage of this constantly since I'm fully WFH.
>>
>>2148192
Not if you were born with noble blood in your veins. Airplanes are one of the few places in todays world where I can take my rightful seat in the social class structure.

>>2148222
It really is sublime. When I was single, just saying I travelled for work and took business class was enough to get the attention of the most vapid stuck up thot.
>>
>>2148105
>extra $160
missing an extra zero there, bud
>>
File: IMG-20151120-WA0001.jpg (479 KB, 1600x1195)
479 KB
479 KB JPG
Rarely ever travel in anything lower than business class. Honestly it's not even a snobbery thing, I just literally can't stand lower class filth. They make my skin crawl. Because travel got so fucked up due to covid lockdowns I took what I could get this summer and booked a holiday to Greece just to get the hell away from here for a while. Regretted it as soon as I got to my gate for departure and remembered why I hate Ryanair. A whole filthy fucking family of travellers were also on board doing their usual shit of being a nuisance and couldn't sit still for more than 30 seconds. Then my "extra legroom" seat that I paid extra for turns out to not have a tray table and the bulkhead was widest just at my window seat so i had to sit for 4 fucking hours at an odd angle. I was so happy to get back on a business class flight with work to remind me of the better things in life.
>>
>>2148105
Extra $160 for a 1st class upgrade? I got a flight from SFO to Chicago-Ohare recently, and the upgrade was at least $400. Don't even get me started about the upgrade from SFO to Charles De Gaulle.
>>
>>2148704
I seriously don't understand why some people would pay thousand bucks to get a 4-hour comfort. What a man-child.
>>
File: IMG-20151120-WA0002.jpg (608 KB, 1600x1195)
608 KB
608 KB JPG
>>2148789
If you travel for longer than 3 and a halfhours with work, it's the law that your company must at least provide business class tier travel facilities. Only exception is if you're flying somewhere so remote that it's not an option. So that's the vast majority of my travel in a year being business class, the air miles I build up I then spend on upgrades for my personal flights. In Europe it's rare to get better than premium economy while traveling within the EU because it's all "domestic". However most of my travel takes me to Asia with work so you can get fucked if you think I'm sitting in economy for that long, when I can have the comfort and relaxation of business or first.
>>
File: 1588742340634.gif (822 KB, 360x201)
822 KB
822 KB GIF
I would have to make at least 120k+ a year before I bought business and 250k+ before I bought first class. But I don't and I probably will never so I wont.
Unless the flight was over 14 hours I would think of it. I'd rather spend that money on gifts for family/friends or food and accommodation when I land. Its just so economically inadvisable to waste money on a few hours of extra comfort but hey if you got the money go nuts.
>>
Being rich or poor is a mindset, not how much money you have. Poor people are, by definition, bad with money.
>>
File: rV3FAIj.jpg (480 KB, 750x838)
480 KB
480 KB JPG
Why pay so much extra when you can turn economy into first class for like $30-40?
>>
>>2148105
I fly first class if my flight is connected to the US.
>>
>>2148804
Daddy
>>
>>2148804
>it's the law that your company must at least provide business class tier travel facilities
Which country?
>>
File: IMG-20151120-WA0000.jpg (499 KB, 1195x1600)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
>>2148949
Ireland but it's not uncommon in other countries either, the travel distance and time varies. Can't fault our employment laws here to be honest though, commute time and any travel related to work has to be provided for as well.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.