[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 150 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1634384048806.jpg (4.19 MB, 6014x4807)
4.19 MB
4.19 MB JPG
Previous Thread: >>2136119
>When will Japan open to tourists again?
We don't fucking know.
>Ok, but seriously, when will Japan be open to tourists? Give me an estimate.
Two more weeks: https://www.japan-guide.com/news/alerts.html
>Is Hiroshima+Miyajima worth it as a day trip from Osaka/Kyoto?
Not really, it's too rushed and you should probably just stay the night there.
>How do I travel by public transportation?
Install the "Official Japan Travel App"
>How do I say “I'm lonely, please be my waifu,” in Japanese?
https://4chanint.fandom.com/wiki/Japanese#Resources
>Dude, what should I see in ________?
https://www.japan-guide.com/
https://www.jnto.go.jp/
>Solid general guides - sights, sample itineraries, pre-travel considerations, etc
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1fmfaySQHmojbRGKWCwRecq6Ln1Bb2Xdh&ll=35.67928012473078%2C139.68638283648374&z=12

>ーCurrent status on the Miyajima Floating Torii Gateー
Absolutely fucked. Consequently, it's not worth visiting Miyajima.

ーInfo on Japenese Slutsー
Japanese girls are for Japanese men only. The only thing Japanese girls will find impressive about you is your すごい高い鼻: HONK HONK.
>http://rockitreports.com/category/
>http://erolin.net
>http://rockitrisingsun.com
>https://paradise-tokyo.net
>http://hentaitokyo.com

ーJR Passー
Many people ask about whether or not the JR Rail Pass is worth it. It depends on your itinerary.
>http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Plug your itinerary into Hyperdia to determine ticket costs, then compare to the below JR Pass options:
>7 day Pass: 29,110¥ (approximately a Tokyo-Kyoto round-trip bullet train trip)
>14 day Pass: 46,390¥
>21 day Pass: 59,350¥

Super-easy rail pass calculator. Fill in your planned trips, get a quick yes/no response.
>https://www.japan-guide.com/railpass/
>>
This thread's OP image of an eagle getting raped in the butt in front of Mt. Fuji is courtesy of this thread >>>/hr/4196988
>>
>>2141410
Shit OP kys
>>
>>2141410
>Many people ask about whether or not the JR Rail Pass is worth it. It depends on your itinerary.
>>http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
It's only worth it if you're
A) staying 7 days in Tokyo (you'll get your moneys worth of travel in the trains)
B) traveling a lot on the Shinkansen (just one 2 way ticket costs as much as the 7 day JR Pass)
>>
does anyone here have experience with GoGoNihon? is it worth going to japanese language school?
>>
I want to go see all the battle scene locations for the Tokusatsu shows: https://tokusatsunetwork.com/2019/11/tokusatsu-filming-locations/
Oh yeah, also, I want someone to film me riding a motorcycle across whatever that dam is in the opening shot of Android Kikaider.
>>
Probably belongs in the /int/ Japanese thread but I figured it'd be better to ask people actually living in Japan and not just weebs:
How often do you find yourself having to write kanji by hand? Doing Core 2k/6k atm and trying to learn to write the characters is slowing me down, should I just leave it and come back once I've memorised them all?
>>
>>2141510
Very rarely. Typing is far more useful and far easier than remembering strokes. Focus more on building your vocabulary and grammar. Writing should be low on your priorities.
>>
>>2141488
I have been enlisted to a school through them since early 2020. I obviously haven't been able to move to Tokyo and attend the school, but they have been very helpful and patient so far.
I would recommend using them as a convenient way of applying to schools if you're interested in studying there.
>>
>>2141488

I've used them, they're legit if you want to study Japanese without much hassle, no clue how cheaper it would be to just handle it yourself but probably not worth the trouble. Don't stay at school dormitories, they'll kick you out if you ever bring someone over, just use something like tokyocityapartments.
>>
>>2141551
do they help out with the student visa or is that sort of a "figure it out yourself" thing? Thought about using that visa to go over there for a year while working remotely for my U.S. company.
>>
>>2141558

Yes, they handle everything, you just have to provide them documentation. There's bank statements required so make sure you have some money saved up and proof of incomes, you can somewhat dodge that part but you'll have to bitch a lot.
>>
>>2141410
>ーInfo on Japenese Slutsー
>Japanese girls are for Japanese men only.
Lol OK cuck
>>
>>2141558
Yeah, as the other anon said, they will assist you with pretty much everything.
The different schools have different requirements, but it's all roughly similar stuff. Just make sure you have all your graduation papers and stuff in order.
The school I applied to asked for some insanely random stuff, so just have a little patience when it comes to some of their mere idiotic bureaucratic paper work aspects.

And yes, bank statements too so they can see you actually have money and can survive. Stuff like that.

The school I'm enlisted to has sadly been accredited due to some of it's current students doing the oh so dreadful thing as staying at the school to study more than the 28 hours a week they're allowed.
So new students, sitting on the other side of the planet, get punished by not being able to enter the country now.
one of my friends who's been living in Japan said they have this weird "collective responsibility" shit thing going......... It's so fucking fucked up getting punished for something you didn't do... on the other side of the fucking planet.

All that being said, my contact person at Gogonihon is very patient and informative. You can always ask for help and advice from them. They seem like they genuinely care about your circumstances.
>>
>>2141564
>Japanese girls are for Japanese men only.
Sure didn't seem that way the few times I've been there.
>>
>>2141551
how long did you stay for and how much did it cost.?
is it around 1million円 per 6months as gogonihon says
>>
>>2141510
I studied Kanji in a university around the N2 level and even the Japanese professor said it wasn't really worth writing them.
I personally find it easier to remember them via writing.
I think some Kanji tests also require you to write a little? I don't think those tests hold as much merit as the JLPT, though.
>>
>>2141577
Checked.
>>
So basically, I'm planning on moving to Japan and hopefully marrying so I can live there forever. The problem is, I'm into fat girls with big hips.

How rare is this? What are my chances of scoring a unicorn? Should I just get with an apple-shaped girl?
>>
>>2141809
Kanji tests are autistically tough. Even if you remember the shape of the kanji, if you screw up the sequences of the strokes, you won't get any marks.
>>
>>2141858
The fattest woman Ive ever seen was Japanese. She sat next to me on the train but had to sit so far forward or else her ass and legs wouldve blocked enough space for 3 more people to sit. I am from central Europe, women that fat are rare here.
>>
>>2141858
They're not unicorns, but fairly uncommon. A lot of Asian women just get "stumpy" when they gain weight. Just have a look around when you go there. Just remember you need more than somebody looking the part to be happily married.
>>
>>2141858
>fucking a unicorn
Huh, >>>/mlp/ is this way
>>
>>2141462
Okay? We've had thousands of threads and you've had years to google that shit, are you also gonna say hiragana is a Japanese syllabary?
>>
>>2141564
>>2141423
is this your first fucking day on /trv/? lurk the fuck moar retard
>>
>>2141858
> fat girls with big hips
I think that's pretty rare, but so is liking them, so stating it publicly will probably get them swarming out of the woodwork and all over you. If you're tall and handsome, even more so.

Good luck. I hope you find your best friend/soulmate and make each other happy.
>>
I'm considering doing my masters in kyoto if they ever let gaijins in again
How is the social life there for a foreigner?
>>
>>2142012
They are letting gaijins in again and I suggest you get to work on on the application documents asap because it takes a while for them to process and get your CoE.
Not sure about Kyoto, but I'm pretty sure you can get a nice social life in any of the bigger cities. You'll be fine anywhere as long as you don't act like an autist, shower etc etc.
>>
>>2142024
I would apply for spring 2024 si I still have some time to get all my shit in order
Gues I'll try to be less obviously autistic
>>
>>2141611

Honestly I can't remember at all anymore and schools prices have probably changed by now, the math is not too hard to do though. If 6 months, you'll be there 180 days, even if you eat bentos every single day and never cook, that's around 600 yen per meal, 216000 for two meals a day, 2 way trip to school every day for 250 yen each way, 90000, apartment, maybe 100000 a month, so 600000, 906000 total plus school, if you cook at home or not too much this will decrease your meal price, if you live next to the school maybe you won't even need to take public transportation, if you don't mind staying in a really small room then the rent won't be as high night life is expensive though so count with that. I'd say they're about right if you don't splurge.
>>
>>2141410
>https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2021/11/a604917b7a3b-japans-go-to-travel-subsidy-program-to-resume-possibly-in-february.html
so domestic travel won't even be a thing till February. There's almost certainly going to be a new wave after things open up, are we seriously getting cucked out of 2022 as well? I thought domestic travel would've been at least announced by now
>>
>>2142427
they will keep this going forever sorry anon I guess this is just fucking life now. Eat your bugs and stay in your pod.
>>
>>2141501
fuck yeah. im ejoying kamen rider revice so far.
>>
>>2141560
realistically, how much would i need to have saved to go into it without a source of income? wont be able to work going to school over there
>>
>>2141983
Whatever you say incel.
>>
>>2142427
the last time Japan did the Go To Travel Campaign was November 2020. It lasted only a month because then the covid numbers went up again and it was canned in December. I wouldn't be surprised if the exact same thing happens in February 2022. I managed to get a sweet vacation in Nagano.

Personally, I'd be happier if the government skipped the travel campaign and just told everyone to stop wearing masks.
>>
>>2142427
They plan to run their retarded campaign from february until may. Then they'll verify the results and maybe will decide to let tourists enter individually for the summer or autumn, while strict tourists tours will be going on since spring.
But everyone knows cases will go up this winter, and they'll either cancel the "go to" before it even begun or in march.
This stupid situation will never ends with this government and strangers will keep being banned.
>>
>>2142427
The government said, in the same statement regarding opening up to students and workers, they would monitor how things go with the new influx of foreigners and make some sort of announcement at the end of the year.
So expect further details (either good or bad) around new years.

I said it before, but I'll say it again. I think they will open to tourists in some capacity by Spring '22. I don't have anything to base it on, but if things go well with the new workers and students coming in and Japan as a whole don't have a bad winter, then I could definitely see them open up to tourists. But likely something with a limited amount each day like they're doing now.
They will absolutely blame gaijins for any setbacks in terms of infection rates though. Even if they were all 100% isolated.
>>
>>2142594
Most students won't even be able to enter before february so it's pretty much impossible for them to let tourists in two months later.
>>
>>2142521
the OP has been around for months, nigger
>>
>>2142622
Probably not, but I'm trying to stay positive.
>>
>>2142655
Because you keep forcing it.
It's retarded. Stop making new threads.
>>
>>2142655
stop falling for low effort baits
>>
I want to visit the brothels again and make out with the cute hookers
>>
I want my first trip to Japan be from Tokyo to Sapporo, but instead of just taking a plane there from Tokyo, I'd like to take train/buses and make my way all the way up to Aomori or Hachinohe and ferry to Hokkaido.
It'd probably be a 2-3 week trip.
How long do you think I should be around Tokyo before departing towards Sapporo?
Some towns/cities on the way worth checking out?
>>
>>2143068
I think Tokyo needs a week max. Three days is not enough. Sendai is pretty cool, and that fox village is nearby a shinkansen station. The mountains there are beautiful.
>>
Any of you guys have experience with the japanese freshgrad system? Would it be worth it to study abroad in japan senior year or just go to boston career fair? Might just do both but study abroad is expensive
>>
>>2143068
I lived in nagoya for a little over a year, and IMO Tokyo was the lamest part of japan. I mean, there's lots to see and do, but it's kind of soulless. go there for like 3 days max, and hit up the major tourist spots. The people were way more fun in just about every other city, and you get more culture and immersion too. Hokkaido is awesome if you love outdoors, hiking, chilling with cool people and drinking beer at a heated foot bath. I highly recommend it.
anyways, make a stop every 2 hours on the shinkansen. get off at utsunomiya and go to nikko for 2 days. get off at koriyama and go to inawashiro lake, stay somewhere on the river. stop in sendai, stop in hachinohe. just south of sapporo is a bunch of awesome hot springs, go to the one by jozan lake. then go hike yotei. you'll figure it out.
>>
>>2143268
>IMO Tokyo was the lamest part of japan
I don't want to hear that from a Nagoyan
>>
>>2143277
I spend a combined of 14 months in Japan traveling around the country. I stayed in Tokyo for 3 weeks and it was the lamest part of Japan. Shikoku is #1 baby
>>
>>2143351
based shikokuposter, really want to backpack that island when borders reopen
>>
>>2141514
>>2141809
>>2141873
Thanks lads
>>
>>2143351
You missed my point. I actually wanted to point out that Nagoya is gorillion times lamer than Tokyo. Nagoya is technically a glorified car assembly town larping as a major city. Completely lifeless
>>
What were places people told you that were "tourist traps" that you actually enjoyed
>>
>>2143633
Akihabara.
>>
>>2143582
and i never recommended to the other anon that he visit nagoya. you just ride the shinkansen through, unless you work there (which i did).
what i meant was that, of the places that a visitor would go to, tokyo is the least impressive. after you see the main attractions in tokyo, spend the rest of your time somewhere else where the people, food and nightlife are 10x better.
>>
Spending 2 days in Kyoto this week. I have one extra day that I can either spend in Osaka or do a Himeji+Kobe day trip.

Recommendations? I've already been to Osaka but it's a fun place to walk around I guess. What would you pick?
>>
>>2143644
Ah I see
>>
>>2143652
If you haven't been to Himejo/Kobe yet then just do that. Nice places, and I'm sure Himeji castle will be very nice now that there's less tourists.
>>
File: 1630452094439.jpg (254 KB, 797x432)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
Getting a haircut tomorrow. What sort of styles are popular for foreigners (white guy) these days?
>>
>>2143633
Unironically all of them, ranging from Kyoto to Miyajima to Akihabara.
>>
>>2143652
>>2143688
what's in Kobe? is it only for the meme beef? just seems like there's nothing unique there in terms of sights.
>>
>>2143068
I did this same trip in about 1.5 days. Obviously you'd be spending more time than I did, but my itinerary was:
- Shinkansen to Sendai, see Aoba Castle and the attached museum, eat at Tanya Zenjiro (a beef tongue place recommended to me by a Japanese friend)
- Normal train to Morioka, see their castle ruins (This ended up scrapped because one of the normal trains was delayed due to strong winds, and instead I just saw their rock-splitting cherry tree before heading on to Aomori)
- Get to Aomori on the last train in, walk across the town to catch the 2:30 AM ferry
- Sleep on the ferry
- Arrive in Hakodate at about 7 AM, go to an onsen at the foot of Mt. Hakodate to shower/freshen up/relax a bit
- Ride the ropeway up Mt. Hakodate
- Get on a super express to Sapporo, get off around Lake Toya, ride the Mt. Usu ropeway and hike around the caldera
- Get back on a later super express to Sapporo

In Sapporo, check out their historical village, it's great. I also caught Goryokaku in Hakodate on my way back.
>>
Seriously. Why are there so many days in JET? It's like a full 50%+ of the population. It's at the point where I'm just wondering "Did I miss the memo they sent out saying one in every two people they hire has to be homosexual?"
>>
>>2143698
all the fuckboys in Tokyo are still rocking those Justin Beiber mullets.
>>
>>2143698
Just go for the traditional samurai haircut to get all the geikos
>>
give it to me straight, How lucky will I be with girls (not paying) as a very Black skinned guy, ethnically America..
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (251 KB, 556x551)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
So when are Gaijins allowed in?
>>
>>2143795
At this rate by the time they open the borders I will have saved up enough money to go to a highend soapland and ask for every single girl available.
>>
>>2143633
I've had a few extended holidays in Tokyo and basically all the tourists were gathered in Shibuya, Sensoji and Tsukiji.
But even then, there were a lot of Japanese people in those areas. Way more than tourists compared to something like central London where you basically don't see any natives.
Tsukiji was fucking great no matter how many people were there.
I don't really care about that "urgh... it's full of tourists here!" because sometimes you are a fucking tourist and you're just walking around and taking all the new stuff in and things you've seen a million times on tv and shit.
>>
>>2143808
Or you can just save that money and go on Tinder to find lots of nice women instead and get the same experiences?
>>
>>2143808
based
>>
>>2143763
Please answer this. I would also like to know for personal reasons.
>>
>>2143707
If you take the cable cars to the nearby mountains you can get some pretty cool views especially at night
There's also some fancy garden there iirc
>>
>>2143727
Hmm it'a almost like unmotivated weebs have a strong correlation with mental illness, I would never have guessed.
>>
>>2143763
Gonna be honest, east asian girls almost unanimously always rank black dudes lowest among guys they'd go for, though they'll usually come up with an excuse to say it's not about race, they're just not used to the type because they don't see them a lot/they like light skin etc. You'll be at a large disadvantage statistically for the general populace, so expect that you'll need to be a lot more attractive to match other's success with a random girl. You may however have luck with the gaijin hunter type girls, who may specifically be looking for black dudes/foreign looking guys rather than girls who have the general standards for attraction there. You'll probably have more luck than China at least.
>>
>>2143850
Yes, but what I'm trying to get at is that even if the sample pool of applicants has mild overrepresentation, like say 20-25%, there HAS to be some artificial selection in favor of these people to swell their numbers this high. Why would the Japanese government do that? There's got to be enough qualified people to fill the spots available who DON'T wear pronoun pins on their sleeves. JET has only a 25% acceptance rate, and there's no way the people who got rejected can all be WORSE than that.
There has to be some mechanism selecting in their favor that I just can't see, even though it's probably obvious in hindsight.
>>
>>2143815
Stop being this dumb, it's not healthy
>>
Would doing a summer internship in Japan help me get a door into Japanese academia at a later stage? Or at least help in terms of if I want to move there? It's called Global English Camp.
It's just a language exchange with high school students really, traveling to Japan if its open in Summer, having it over zoom if it's still closed.
If it could help me in the future I would definitely consider applying.
>>
>>2143808
i fucked 3 soapland girls in one night. i took some breaks in the waiting room but yeah i miss SLs
>>
>>2143636
Akihabara is a tourist trap in a sense because of the prices but it absolutely is a one of a kind experience. Wouldnt call that a tourist trap though
>>
>>2143705
Who refers to Kyoto as a whole as a tourist trap?
>>
What was your favorite souvenir you brought back from Japan? Whether or not its a functional use or just for memories sake.
>>
>>2144196
Wooden dick bottle opener from Don Quijote.
Got it as a gift for the old guy at work.
Went well with the dick shaped lighter I got him in Amsterdam.
>>
>>2144197
Imagine checking out with that item. How does the cashier look like when they scan that item?
>lmao look at this gaijin buying weird stuffs
>>
>>2144193
A larp of course
>>
File: 20200205_140755-r.jpg (324 KB, 1000x750)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
>>2144204
1. They're selling it. It is on a rack at the top of the escalator to the third floor.
2. They have plastic vaginas across the aisle from hair straighteners.
3. Its Japan. They don't give a shit.

I've bought a bunch of fucked up porn all over Tokyo.
They just smile and say have a nice day.
>>
>>2143795
right now if you're a student or have a job
>>
>>2143853
Oh yeah? How well do bald guys do with the girls?
>>
>>2144196
I got a thick winter hanten. I wear it every day around my house.
>>
>>2144204
Imagine caring about what a cashier in a foreign country thinks about you. Holy shit lol
>>
>>2144227
Super jealous where did you buy it
>>
>>2144196
A fake grilled chicken leg one would find in a restaurant's front window display.

I have not met anyone who is not fooled by it.
>>
>>2144256
I have a takoyaki and an ebifry strapped to my bag. Whenever Japanese tourists or exchange students notice it they start laughing and it's a nice conversation starter. For Europeans they look weird though, usually they think the takoyaki is some kind of meatball, and the ebi is a croquette or a sausage.
>>
>>2144229
So you don't care when people call you degenerate? Nice. Your mom is a whore. Your dad is a coomer who bred with phlips so you might have brown siblings.
>>
>>2144256
Yeah the fake food is insanely realistic at some places. How do they do it?
>>
Cope and seethe. I pulled hundreds of women as a black man in Tokyo. Some even wanted me to work at their clubs. Racist ass white Bois can’t handle defeat
>>
>>2144256
please im begging you to post a photo of it
>>
>>2143892
Your loss buddy. Waste your money on prostitutes then.
>>
>>2144204
I didn't buy any weird stuff, but they put condom packs in a little brown paper bag at don qui when you buy them.
>>
>>2144196
Big shiba inu type plushie is unironically the most weeb thing and at the same time most comfortable pillow i have
>>
>>2144256
where does one buy the fake food?
>>
A little more good news regarding the reopening. They're going to allow 5000 foreigners in per day starting November 26.
They had already said they were planning to do so when they announced the reopening, but seeing how stingy they are in terms of reopening, it's just nice to see they're actually moving along with it and haven't had any problems with the initial people arriving.

Small steps in the right direction, but any steps in that direction are good.
>>
File: 20211118_134310.jpg (611 KB, 1263x1684)
611 KB
611 KB JPG
Visiting Kyoto today. It's comfy as fuck lads.

Any twinks want to meet up to fuck?
>>
>>2144314
They have stores that only sell fake food for displays in restaurants. Lots of stores have fake food items too. I got a fake piece of sushi that almost looks real. Makes me hungry every time I see it.
>>
File: 20211118_140417.jpg (898 KB, 2245x1684)
898 KB
898 KB JPG
Was a very comfy day but actually more tourists than I expected for a Thursday afternoon. I'm a bit scared of what it'll be like tomorrow.
>>
File: 20211118_160329.jpg (1.1 MB, 2245x1684)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
This golden fucker still looks too green, though.

I think it's hard to find a balance with the autumn leaves, some places are still green but some trees are already losing most of their leaves.
>>
>>2144196
Nothing really special. In no particular order:
> an umbrella, it was just a cheap ass 500 yen one, but for some reason it was stupidly sturdy, it broke only 3 years after I came back
> hard rock tshirt from osaka, it gets attention since it's not too common
> two Goryeo turtle statues from an exhibition I went to because a completely random dude gave me his ticket
> suica card because cute penguin
> actual paper visa with a nice design (third worlder, yeah)
By the way, did your "landing permission" stickers have some backgrounds on them, or was it just plain paper?
>>
File: 20211118_143756.jpg (1.52 MB, 2245x1684)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
This place is an absolute meme though, whoever recommended me to go here can go and off himself.
>>
File: IMG_20190902_101242.jpg (93 KB, 527x937)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>2144196
Got pic related after my Kumano Kodo hikes. If I remember correctly it's supposed to help with stress and ease your mind.
>>
>>2144196
A transparent umbrella (already rusty now though so I'm considering to throw it away ugh), a wooden Mt. Fuji walking/hiking stick (stamped with all 7 Fujinomiya trail stations), wasabi-flavored KitKat (still unopened 7 years later), a bunch of keychains, a bunch of paper talisman from Izumo Shrine, a bunch of good luck charms from Kiyomizu Dera and Fushimi Inari shrine, and a mini katana letter opener gifted by a friend because he said that I would look good walking around with a sword and samurai getup (she's a weird granny).

But the next time I end up in Kyoto, I will spend a lot more on traditional sweets. Souvenirs are cool, but food is better
>>
File: IMG_omikuji.jpg (96 KB, 307x386)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>2144324
I also got a great fortune there that came with this little golden rake. I think if I keep this with me at all times it will bring me great wealth and make the great fortune come true, but I might be misremembering, it's been several years and I don't remember exactly what the full slip (not pictured) said.
>>
>>2144314
One of the best places I've found is in the Kappabashi neighborhood of Tokyo. Full of cooking implement shops and fake food shops. I bought tons of souvenirs for friends and family there.
>>
>>2142427
Why does no one believe me? I’ve been popping up in this threads telling that travel in japan will go vack to hapan in late 2024.

How do I know. I work on the big pharma ML prediction models that guide our vaccine stocks. We now have enough data to properly estimate when it’ll end in different parts of the world.
>>
>>2144319
At least the fucking sea of chinks with selfie sticks flailing around is gone for now
>>
>>2144324
You have girl hands
>>
>>2144196
my goshuincho continues to be my favorite souvenir.
>>
>>2144349
that makes xir even hotter, anon
>>
File: 20211118_211907.jpg (515 KB, 1263x1684)
515 KB
515 KB JPG
Went to some nighttime illuminations. Very cool, amazing atmosphere with the autumn trees. I need to try it for cherry blossom too
>>
>>2144381
Kino as fuck
>>
>>2144251
I got two. One I bought one at Marufuji Kimono shop in Yanaka Ginza. The other at some tiny place in Osaka that I randomly came across.
>>
>Japan is considering letting foreign nationals working in farming, food service and other sectors remain in the country indefinitely as soon as next fiscal year, a significant turning point for a country that has long kept its borders mostly closed to immigrants
>Permanent residency is now generally granted only to people in certain specialty occupations, such as engineers. But as Japan faces a labor shortage amid a rapidly aging population, officials are reconsidering this stance.
https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Japan-immigration/Japan-weighs-opening-immigration-door-wider-amid-labor-crunch

Bros
>>
>>2144515
We’re seeing the last generation of pure japan before 80 of japanese women are bred by black farmhands.
>>
>>2144520
This topic is more about travel, not expressing your fetish
>>
>>2144532
He's not wrong though. RIP Japan
>>
>>2144515
Japan needs to massively invest into making having children be more economically/socially feasible. Japan as a country functions so well because of it's homogeneity and strong cultural dogma, if that starts to give it will get mired in the sort of the the US has but far worse. They desperately need people to start having kids, and the only way people will do that is when it isn't a large detriment to their own quality of life, so the state should really step in and provide lots of services that benefit parents like tax stuff, extra vacation, maybe some sort of food allowance. Idk, japan has gone from being the second largest economy with a huge position that actually exceeded the US in some capacities, to now an economy everyone views as stagnant and inevitably failing despite is still being third largest and enormous.
>>
>>2144515
how long before weebs start serial killing foreigners
>>
>>2141510
>>2141514
>>2141809
>>2141873
>>2143393
don't listen to the other anons

Being able to actually WRITE core japanese is important if you want to do anything remotely useful living there. It will also bump up your long term recognition of different characters. It's literally not even hard, just learn radicals and each character can be see as a bunch of lego blocks with their own meaning. I'm not saying you need to learn to write random classical names or classical idioms, but learning to write at least the first 1k common kanji is important.

otherwise there's 6yr old kids that can fill out an order at a resturant and you're sitting there like a illiterate tard getting your google translate out. You'll also look retarded if you get a job and list Japanese on your CV but you can't write a lick with pen or paper.

t.studied chinese then japanese both to c1 level
>>
>>2144565
Also stroke order is pretty much just left to right top to bottom
>>
>>2144554
it's honestly sad to see, I hope they're able to turn this shit around and actually do some of this shit
>>
File: gas.jpg (204 KB, 756x1008)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
Has anyone held onto the first Gashapon they ever got.
He was the last character I ever wanted but I got him twice in a row. Now I'm fond because I still remember that moment
>>
>>2144554
Just start fucking already
>>
>>2144560
About 2-3 years until I do.
>>
File: onsen.jpg (3.02 MB, 4000x3302)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB JPG
One of these days I'd really like to visit an onsen but I'm afraid I'll be turned away because of my scars. I know it sounds dumb but I know they aren't keen on body markings in general. These scars, mind you, occurred from an accident and subsequent surgeries. Will this be a problem for me? Thank you in advance.
>>
>>2144603
I don't think you'll be turned away because of scars, only tattoos.
>>
>>2144603
I have plenty of scars on my back and it wasn't a problem.
>>
>>2144316
waiting for stalker bro to post the coordinates
>>
>>2144196
I really didn't bring back anything special, a sake set for two and a small canvas picture of kinkaku-ji (which I still haven't hung up on the wall 5 years later). Next time I'll prolly weeb out a bit and get some more stuff
[spoiler]Funnily enough my favourite souvenier from Japan is the one that my dad brought me like 25 years ago, it's a small porcelain sumo wrestler wind-chime-thingy[/spoiler]
>>
>>2144603
There's also private onsen either with the room you rent or in the outside in some ryokan.
>>
You guys think that they are going to require vaccinations for travelers in 2023?
>>
>>2144627
Just get your shots, nitwit.
>>
>>2144565
I've lived in Japan for 2 years and literally the only things I ever need to handwrite are my address and my name. How exactly is learning to handwrite needed to do "anything remotely useful"?
>>
>>2144627
It depends. Fauci just changed the definition of "fully vaccinated" to include 3 shots, heart attacks among children and cases of children with dead heart tissue are skyrocketing, death from all diseases are up, and even the dumbest vaccine-tards are starting to get fed up. Things are going well for us, non-compliant bro. The longer we wait the more things fall in our favor.
>>2144628
You know why Japan hasn't mandated vaccines? Because there were vaccine mandates after WW2, but the diphtheria vaccinations caused many adverse effects and killed 80 children. Today there are still Japanese adults who are living with diphteria poisoning because of the vaccines they received in the 1940s. The Immunization Law was repealed and the Japanese government made it illegal to mandate vaccinations ever since.
>>
>>2144603

You'll be fine just watch out for Mongolians
>>
>>2144565
>if you want to do anything remotely useful living there
Like what? Open a bank account? You just need to write your name, address, and telephone, and check some choices then stamp your hanko. Get a phone? Write your name and address, and check some choices then sign or stamp your hanko. Rent an apartment? Write your name, address, phone, and bank account number/credit card number, ask a native to be your guarantor and have them sign, and then check some choices and sign or stamp your hanko. Utilities? Call the utility company, tell your name and address to have access to water, electricity, and gas. Payment can be done by convenience store, no writing. If you want to change the payment to charge your bank account or card, fill up a form with your name, address, phone, bank account number or CC number then sign or stamp your hanko. Internet? Apply online and fill the form with your name, address, telephone, and payment details. Get a car? Write your name, address, and telephone, and check some choices then sign or stamp your hanko. Get a license? Write your name, address, telephone, and visa number/passport number. Go out and eat? Fastfood doesn't require you to write down your order, you either tell your order to the cashier or push some buttons on a panel. Most izakayas and restaurants you just need to tell the waiter your order. Apply for a job? You apply online and if a company is interested in you, you get to go to an interview. They will not test your writing skills unless your work specifically requires you to write.

The only times I write stuff other than my name and address is when I extend my visa's period of stay (country, nationality, and reason for extension) or going to a hospital (any disease you might have or medication you are taking).
>>
File: DSC_1225.jpg (1.37 MB, 3840x2563)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
>>2144302

>>2144274
Japanese artisan folded over the plastic a thousand times.

>>2144314
I was lucky. A maker set up a mall-booth at an underground mall in Shibuya station.
>>
Holy shit i never met many french people before i came to Japan but they are rude as fuck.
I have had around 3 in my courses and every single time they act the same. Whats up with this?

Typical example: when in class learning Japanese they would always make sure to tell the Japanese teachers how “weak” japanese food is” or how “unproductive” japanese workers are if food came up or a vocab for overtime or something.

Two of them would always spend afes droning on and on about “in france” how its this way or that way while the teacher who gives no shits about french or france politely listens.
I thought the first one was autistic but they literally are all like.
>>
>>2144344
>travel in japan will go vack to hapan in late 2024.
Based. Just in time for when I finish my degree kek
>>
>>2144656
>>2136125
>>
>>2144663
this is hilarious and amazing. 10/10 trinket
>>
File: 1611678689287.png (781 KB, 750x625)
781 KB
781 KB PNG
So do you fuck the delivery health girls?
Never done it before but all the websites make it seem like hand/blow jobs only
>>
>>2144725
>Blowjob only
And that's a problem?
>>
>>2144737
not a problem at all but i used to get blowjobs for 5k so whats the point in spending 12k for a girl to come to me
>>
>>2144725
It‘s hand, blowjob and sumata only.
No penetration.
>>
>>2144315
nothing but PR imo. I doubt they even consistently reached the previous limit of 3,5k
>>
>>2144725
You pay to get a blowjob, and if you are a foreigner chances are you will get the standard service. If the girl however feels comfortable with you, she might let you do more. They usually ask for more money though. The reason why it's more expensive than a pink salon is the quality of the girls, and the fact that you have some privacy.

If you want to have sex the easiest way is to go to a soapland. If you know some Japanese going to a deai cafe might be a cheaper option, but the quality of the service will be totally random.
>>
>>2144667
Same thing as how Australians working in Japan are all alcoholics assholes, or JET people usually have mental issues.
This country seem to attract more delusional and rude people than others.
>>
>>2144667
if you think everyone else is the problem, you're the problem.
it's standard and encouraged to compare your home country with Japan in language classes. in the case of France, they have without a doubt better food and working conditions. but I can see how that might be difficult to comprehend for someone coming from a third world country like the US
>>
File: 20211119_140256.jpg (562 KB, 1518x1683)
562 KB
562 KB JPG
"Go sightseeing now, there will be no tourists because Chinks are banned!"
- 4channel /trv/ Japan general
>>
>>2144788
Probably true, but I'm going to kill myself soon if I don't have at least one thing I can blindly tell myself gives me hope. Even if I don't believe it.
>>
File: 20211119_111619.jpg (1.55 MB, 2245x1684)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
Tofuku-ji today.
>>
File: 20211119_112942.jpg (1.66 MB, 2245x1684)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB JPG
More Tofuku-ji.
>>
File: 20211119_131854.jpg (1.68 MB, 2245x1684)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
Kiyomizu-dera today.
>>
File: 20211119_133014.jpg (1.24 MB, 2245x1684)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
More Kiyomizu-dera.
>>
File: 20211119_142340.jpg (1.45 MB, 2245x1684)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
Kodai-ji today.
>>
File: 20211119_145245.jpg (1.51 MB, 2245x1684)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
Maruyama Park today. Almost looks like a meme photo from a postcard or something.
>>
>>2144667
Unironically Napoleon complex. Add on top of that, a lot of people who actually do move to Japan are rather eccentric types, weebs or autists.
The response to the french dudes is honestly just "well what the fuck are you doing here then?"

>>2144817
I was considering applying for the jet program a about three or four years ago, but I had reservations because I didn't want other people to pick where I had to live, and the income would be shit. Still I was considering it until I, by complete accident, walked through a building lobby where they had a big welcome meeting for the new Jet program attendants.
And they all looked like the absolute worst stereotype of "gaijin weebs" who look weird, smell weird and act weird.
I'm too old for that shit and I can't be bothered being around or associated with those types of people. I like nerdy shit too and I'll be the first to say I'm a piece of shit human being, but I've dealt with enough of those types of nerds to know I don't want to be around people like that.
It just had a very bad look and vibe to it.

Other than that, most gaijins I came across either did everything they could to avoid you as to not "break immersion of being all alone and unique in a different world". I even came across two fellow Danes in a food court in Shibuya and heard them speaking Danish, so I said "Oh hey, other Danes" and they said "yep" and walked away.
A lot of the gaijins I ran into were also those "alpha" nerd types. People who look like ham planets but have the hyper inflated ego of an 80's rock star. Always putting down other people.
Most of them seemed very appreciative of the experience of visiting the country though.

I think a lot of the people who visit japan. It's not really a "casual vacation" if you're from the west, because everything is so different and there's a huge language barrier too. You need some sense of adventure and determination to even go through with a casual vacation there.
>>
>>2144855
Looks sick, I'm jelly.
>>
>>2144725
Didn't the jap police raid that shit recently?
>>
>>2144667
All the Frenchies I've met in Japan stank like rancid BO. Goddamn they were nasty as fuck. Not sure why deodorant hasn't caught on there but someone needs to let them know ASAP
>>
>>2144858
who da heck are those larpers
>>
>>2144840
I don't see chinks in that pic though
>>
>>2144804
Or you know... meet women who aren't prostitutes and fuck them instead of paying money for shit like that?
>>
>>2144921
I'm not that anon, but all the "tourist" spots I went to in Japan, all the times I went there, were 90% Japanese people.
>>
>>2144855
oh so they finally finished construction. When I went there a few years ago the whole facade was covered up in scaffolds and nets.
>>
>>2144855
huh i was just watching this video from my fav artist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLAuA5Q7uWc
>>
>>2144837
Fuck off frog, go suck some nafris off
>>
>>2144855
Oh i know that building
>>
>>2144929
I get to go there once a year for a week or two, it's not easy to find 2-3 girls every day that are dtf on the first date.
>>
>>2144998
Ich bin kein Franzose, du Hurensohn.
>>
>>2145004
Work on yourself and your game instead then you will have.
>>
is it true that japan is open for business and student visas? could I apply for a language school if I wanted in for 3+ months?
>>
>>2145070
you can apply but you won't be able to enter until may or june next year. actually, semesters start in april and september so you probably won't be able to enter until september unless you're willing to take language classes online from april until the time that you may enter.
this is because they handle CoEs based on when you applied and if you apply now, you're literally and the end of the line
>>
>>2144931
This. People seem to forget that the majority of tourism in Japan is domestic by a pretty significant margin. They just want any excuse to shit on foreigners.
>>
>>2144966
I went in 2020, the new part looks so out of place is hilarious
>>
>>2144554
Dude stop this fucking tired argument already, you don't solve all problems in life with an evergrowing population. Give all countries a good 50 years to wipe about 3 generations, shrink the world population by a 10% or so (and nuke Africa and China), eat shit while that happens and then enjoy life with less vermin to take care of.
Muh children is just gonna mean more need for schools and hospitals, and more unemployed and old people in the future. Fucking give everyone a break, we already have enough traffic, crowding in public areas and overly dense commieblocks to be wanting more.
>>
File: DSC_7713_055424.jpg (1.4 MB, 6016x4016)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
Nice lunar eclipse yesterday.
>>
>>2145117
You're a fucking retard. Japan already has the infrastructure to handle it's current population, rapid contraction of the population is horrendous for any country. I'm not advocating for african tier shitting out of children, but going from a growing population to 1/3 the replacement rate and having 10x the aging population of working is horrible. It needs to be slower than 1-2 generations. Nobody advocated for overall growth, just enough people to actually keep the country functioning. Japan does not suffer from overpopulation nor will a rapid drop in that be good, india and africa are worlds apart from japan and the only thing a rapid population drop will result in is replacement of the population with lower tier inhabitants that reproduce more like low tier migrants. You can already see that by their increases measures to allow economic migrants in japan, think it through, they need some amount of people greater than what is being born to continue the country and if they arent native born theyll be shipped in
>>
>>2145140
This probably came off as overly harsh, but I meant to clarify that I was advocating for a higher birth rate, not population growth. They need to get their birth rates at least somewhat close to replacement because their economy relies on a certain number of workers, and their infrastructure already can account for that many people with very little additional strain per capita. The places that need drastic and rapid drops in population are not the places that have low birth rates, the people and countries best equipped to handle kids are those that are having less than needed to even have a slow drop in population, meanwhile the poorest and least stable regions have way too many children and the disparity only grows, with more and more dead weight being supported by a rapidly shrinking group of capable populations. The dead weight needs to be halted and kept at a low enough rate, and the capable groups need to have enough children to at least maintain their capacity as to not end up placing further strain.
>>
>>2145140
>>2145143
I think Japan is just scared to move even slightly away from its work culture and risk that falling apart, that culture is so fucking rare that nobody on earth would even dare to adopt it.. they have literally normalized sleeping in the streets. If for example they were to promote higher birth rates by giving enough cash to pretty easily sustain yourself (your family), more women would actually take the leap to get kids, BUT that would instantly affect their economy because over 40% of japanese women work full-time jobs, reducing that workforce now would be horrible for them. They can't just give almost half of their workforce an option to leave, not to mention that would probably also lead to them accepting more migrants either way.. especially lower educated ones because service jobs and shit is huge amongst women in Japan so that would just lead to the same thing.

The only solution I see is push down overall prices on kid related things and reduce work to 6h a day or something for women with children, so they can with ease still have their job while simultaneously having enough time to get around and take care of their children. BUT again, if they start with that tomorrow it would still take ~20 years before those kids can enter the workforce themselves, so I have no fucking idea how to solve it. Maybe they don't really have to do anything until AI becomes advanced enough to do most of the work though, it's projected that by 2030 robots could replace as much as 35 percent of the world's current human labor and Japan is world leading in that.. so who knows
>>
>>2145140
>Japan already has the infrastructure to handle it's current population
Ever been in a train at 8am?
>>
>>2145292
that's a feature
>>
>>2145299
What I would give to have a girlfriend like that.
Or even just a one-night stand.
>>
File: y (3).jpg (4 KB, 181x188)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwchKPjGO1E

In the middle of TOKYO, AKASAKA located
very spiritual and unique shrine where hundreds of inari, the fox spirits, broken,
abandoned are enshrined.
Very profound and spiritual place.
>>
>>2145299
fuuuck. i wish she was my gf but wouldnt want her getting breathed on by salarymen 2x her age like that tho
>>
if i have a japanaese nationality and try to enter the country th i only have to qaurintine for 3 days?
>>
I just got upgraded for JET, so I’m now going to Japan at some unspecified point in time. I could get placed anywhere. So I need to know: what is the prostitution like in rural villages? I really want to go to a soapland....
>>
>>2141873
How would they even know?
>>
>>2145796
it's great to see that the quality of successful JET candidates has remained exactly as high as it has always been.
>>
>>2145799
My sexual proclivities in no way interfere with my line of work and DEFINITELY are not the entire real reason I wanted to go to Japan in the first place.
>>
>>2145798
Anyone who knows kanji can tell if you did the right stroke order. If you write by hand, the strokes will start and finish in a certain way. Just try starting a line from the bottom to the top instead of top to bottom and you will see a massive difference.
>>
>>2145805
Whatever you say buddy. Just another example of why I'm I still glad I didn't sign up for JET.
>>
>>2145805
Doubt.
>>
>>2145796
Guess that one anon complaining about JET being full of degenerates and mental cases was right.
>>
File: dino eyebrow.png (58 KB, 305x280)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>2145796
Imagine going to work in Japan and this is the first thing you think/ask about
>>
>>2145825
Because you’d have the chance to fuck whores?
>>
>>2145863
>>2145879
I already studied abroad in Japan for three months. I know most of what I need to already.
>>
>>2145805
haha pussay and weeeed bro I get you haha
>>
>>2145922
No need to pay for pussy. It speaks volumes about your character, or more lack of. Enjoy wasting your money and being a bad stereotype.
>>
>>2145938
I hate weed.

>>2145947
Do tell what a sexual transaction implies about one’s character. I do it to avoid emotional intimacy.
>>
>>2145947
>>2145978
You also clearly know nothing about sexual attitudes in Japan. There’s very little stigma against prostitution, and it was very out in the open before Occupation.
>>
>>2145978
>>2145980
Tell yourself whatever you need to justify it in your own head. Pathetic.
>>
>>2145756
Why trust anonymous with something you can easily find out for yourself with a phone call?
>>
>>2145733
A girl I met was a victim of chikan
Weird to think how common it is, despite my country's problems it's not an issue here or in most places
>>
>>2145947
Cringe post
>>
>>2145733
>>2146032
A classmate of mine when I was studying abroad wore a skirt to a mall and while she was browsing looked down to find a Japanese man on all fours looking up at her crotch.
>>
>>2146041
>le cringe
Go to reddit.com/r/cringe then.
>>
>>2146099
But we don’t want cringe.
>>
>>2145947
>It speaks volumes about your character, or more lack of
I love how this is a thing nowadays.. ever since society first started people have fucked women selling their bodies, roman emporers that helped shape parts of our modern civilization were complete degens when it came to sex, caliphates of the most powerful middle eastern empires had harems of not only a shit ton of different wives and relatives but sex slaves, chinese emperors had new concubines (prostitutes) every night and if they were hot and good enough he made them his wives, high society Europe during the middle ages fucked prostitutes like rabid dogs while kings pushed prostitutes on-to their sons to make them into men, etc etc.

But yeah.. Julius Caesar and Tang Taizong (guided China through their golden age, built the great wall, defeated the turkish tribes and expanded China's territory deep in to central asia) paid for pussy so that speaks volume of their characters, or more lack of.. right? Imagine telling those dudes that they had to contact a girl, invite them out for dinner which you pay for, spend hours talking and MAYBE you'll get to fuck them on the first night
>>
>>2146116
cope
>>
>>2146119
"Cope" speaks volumes about your character, or more lack of
>>
I just finished non-stop edging for 7 hours to JAV and had the biggest orgasm in my life, that was an insane dose of dopamine strait into my brain.
But so I am pretty 6'1, white (slavic+germanic) and have an impressive frame that hides how fat I am actually.
How likely is it for me to get a nip gf?
>>
>>2146134
You'll either attract the ugly ones with fucked up teeth or the slutty ones with STDs
>>
>>2146134
0% chance
>>
>Fully vaccinated citizens from Japan and Korea will be able to travel to Australia from December 1 without needing to quarantine on arrival
>>
>>2146147
Why would the Japanese or Koreans want to go to Australia?
And isnt Japan looking into ditching the old vaccines in favor of their own? How will that work?
>>
I am in the military and have the chance to reenlist for Japan (Okinawa). Convince me to do it or not.
>>
>>2146175
G.I’s are banned from certain pornographic shops. All four they have. You’re stuck in the military and generally Okinawans are not a fan of you unless you stay in American Village. The army base is huge and expect a 30 minute ride into town with bus if you want to go to Naha. Infrastructure sucks ass in general and you will dread the summers. And you won’t get laid.
>>
>>2146155
The announcement was compared to the travel bubble with Singapore so it could be quarantine free travel both sides. No announcement from Japan or Korea yet though so it's unknown
>>
>>2145922
i can do that anywhere. dont see me, another burger, signing up to be a fucking circus monkey on the other side of the world just to do it

besides, for foreigners, its much harder over there. particularly for LBHs like you
>>
>>2146032
chikan? i assume that's voyeurism? but yeah, that and >>2146095 fucking sucks. maybe it happens in other places but the problem seems much more commonplace in jp. (iirc its an issue in sk as well) but yeah, to my knowledge it doesnt really happen in the states
>>
>>2146116
yeah bro its 1000BC or whatever. i definitely think
>It speaks volumes about your character, or more lack of
is stupid, but so is the pathetic jet anon. your argument wasnt really needed and didnt help the case desu
>>
>>2146121
>Cope" speaks volumes about your character, or more lack of
Broken record autist
>>
Coom. Coom COOM coom, coom. Coom coom coom coom, coom--coom; coom coom. Coom? Coom. Coom coom? Coom. Coom coom coom? COOM, coom, coom.
>>
>>2145805
Ignore the fags in this thread who fancy themselves intellectually superior by virtue of pretending to be uninterested in banging hot chicks at bargain prices. Getting laid at bars etc can be fun but sometimes you just want it a certain way without putting the work in.
>>
Who are the comfiest japan life youtubers?
>>
>>2146292
tokyo llama
>>
>>2144858
I like living in Kyoto a lot. I can go to places like these whenever I feel like it and have a nice time. Feels good man.
>>
>>2146116
you're comparing yourself to Julius Caesar and Tang Taizong to justify you wasting your money and fucking std riddled prostitutes? You are literally worthless and will be forgotten the second you die, don't compare yourself to literal historic world leaders because you can't have a normal relationship with a woman, Kill yourself.
>>
>>2146254
No way. Japanese visa policy has been 0 reciprocity since corona started. Japanese tourists will come to Australia but no Australian will set foot into Japan.
>>
>>2146134
i love how 6' 1" white men make up a small fraction of the population, paritcularly "pretty" ones (even if that is subjective) and theyre very unlikely to have issues with their social lives and dating lives, but yet everyone on a degenerate basket weaving website claims to be one lol
>>
Bros I just want to visit nippon, I want to go on a long ass bike ride, just ride around all fuckin day.

Anyone here ever bought a house there? Is the process as awful as it's made out to be?
I'm going to visit first of course, but I think it might be in the cards someday.
>>
>>2146298
I dunno, that does sound nice but I only spent 3 days in Kyoto and I was already annoyed at how shit the public transport is and how a lot of the city centre is overcrowded due to tourists (and this is even without the international visitors...). I'd probably seethe constantly if I lived there.
>>
>>2146313
Fair enough. I guess I don't notice because I live to the west of the city, so not so many tourist there, aside from the ones to Arashiyama, but they don't stop where I live.
As for public transportation, I agree, but I always use my bike or car, so it's no problem for me. I just like seeing mountains and nature everyday without having to go live in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>2146310
inb4 naive gaijin san gets absolutely wrecked by a senile jiijii that confused the brake pedal with the acceleration one.
>>
>>2146292
Choki.
https://youtu.be/qac4rExeaPs
>>
>>2146320
t. Anon who has never ridden a bicycle before
>>
>>2146330
I bike everyday to work and I live here. I'm telling you from experience.
>>
Such a classy bunch trying to justify fucking prostitutes here. No wonder they hate gaijins if these are the types they get out there.
>>
>>2146309
>theyre very unlikely to have issues with their social lives and dating lives
another opinion you got from 4chan
>>
>>2146333
I lived in Japan for a while and also talked with several people who biked the full length of Japan and none of them had any trouble whatsoever with old people driving badly. I dont think that Anon will have any either
>>
>>2146310
Buying a house in Japan is a terrible idea.
1) You can buy a house but without a valid visa you can't live in Japan.
2) Renting out while you're not there is a hassle because you'll have to pay tax on that in Japan.
3) Unless you buy in downtown Tokyo (which you can't afford), it will continually lose value. Only new houses sell well because
4) Old houses are infested with all sorts of pests, cold/hot af and require constant maintenance.
>>
>>2146310
As far as I know, it's fairly simple IF you have the right visa and IF you have enough money.
Like everywhere it also all depends on the location you want to buy a house in.
It may seem expensive and impossible as a foreigner, but it all becomes fairly simple (at least in comparison to before) if you just have the right visa. It's like... "once you're in, you're in" kinda thing I guess. But getting in is the hard part.
>>
>>2146309
idk dude I'm 5'6 and I'm a prolific shagger both paid and unpaid. have a beautiful girlfriend way way out of my league. fat and bald. my friend is 6'1 and in fantastic shape, good face, herculean looking guy and he is a khv
>>
>>2146116
this wall of cope and historical autism is exactly why you don't get laid, retard
no, dumbass, women aren't attracted to your ramblings about schopenhauer and camus
>>
>>2146407
>t. everything I do is just to impress and attract women
>>
>>2146353
u realize japanese guys fk prostitutes all the fucking time?
>>
>>2146396
Doesn't change the fact that 4chan is infested with beta faggots and you should never believe people about their height online
>>
Where can I get a ear cleaning, massage and handjob from a cute girl in cosplay?
>>
Maybe we should remove the links about prostitution in the OP. This discussion is pathetic.
>>
File: 1636854303207.jpg (184 KB, 740x965)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
going to Yokohama in three weeks. finna hyped
>>
>>2146846
If you're Black women will literally come up to you already sopping wet. Enjoy brotha. If you're white, stay the fuck out
>>
>>2146858
I'm white, and I've fucked ten black queens!
>>
>>2146607
Oh my bad, I'm totally cool with prostitution now.
>>
>>2146846
Yokohama is basically a giant Tokyo suburb. Outside of Chinatown I can't think of a reason to go there.
>>
>>2146883
I think the area around minatomirai and that big wood pier is pretty neat to walk around as well, though I mostly visited because a friend lives there.
>>
>>2143808
Pathetic
>>
File: firefox_kx7wZo1P70.png (16 KB, 445x190)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
If the borders are still not open by April I am going to riot
>>
>>2146922
they won't be. this year's students will all arrive in April and then next year's spring intake will come after. no chance for tourists
>>
>>2146922
what's this say?
>>
>>2146934
just some weeb concert shit
>>
>>2146934
Ado is a young utaite who just got out of highschool and she is already famous all around the globe just by uploading covers on youtube. She is going to release her first album and have her very first live appearance in April. I need to go there, I might even get to shake hands with her.
>>
What exactly is happening in this thread with all the mentally challenged retards flocking in? First all the inbreds asking about prostitution and if they can apply to JET to find and fuck whores in the countryside for the new year, now the mongrel who wants to go to shake hands with a literally who and if the country doesn't open by april he'll scream and whine.
No, the country won't open for tourists before months because the government doesn't give a shit and the japanese are actually more than happy to be isolated once again. Nothing will change unless other countries start banning Japanese people, which obviously won't happen.
>>
It's over.

Japan is going back to being an isolationist country for the next 300 years
>>
>>2146883
Ramen Noodle Museum
>>
>>2147096
Time to dig up the Commodore's corpse for some good old fashioned gunboat diplomacy.
Or we could get current Mathew Perry to dress up as the old man and take Missouri back to Tokyo.
>>
>>2146193
Do people still buy porn from brick and mortar stores?
>>
>>2147196
In japan?
Yes.
It is a huge industry with annual events.
>>
has anyone actually tried the america -> south korea -> japan loophole that some people posted about a couple months ago? does it still work?
>>
>>2146796
All I want is a cute girl to clean my ears, massage my ears, massage my back and massage my dick.
>>
>>2147096
News has already broke that theyll have north korean type toursim. it really is over.I think the only way to get this shit over with is to ban japanese passports from world travel.
>>
>>2147409
Tokyo had 5 new cases of covid today too. They're doing great.
>>
File: 45725657.png (29 KB, 1035x436)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>2146932
but why is it possible to apply for a working holiday visa by now?
A certificate of review is required according to the official webside, but thats all.

so heres my plan
>book a 3month course in a japanes language school
>ask them to help me issuing a certificate of review
>book a flight to japan
>apply for the working holiday visa
>quit my job
>finally fulfil my dream traveling to japan and exploring the country

Does that make sense?
>>
>>2147539
That requirement of a certificate of review for a working holiday is the dumbest shit ever. Point 6 is "the main purpose is vacation", then why do you need to have a guarantor in Japan?
I have no idea how official that CoR has to be, but you could try writing hosts on workaway if they would be willing to fill out that paper if you tell them youd like to work at their place for some time.
>>
>>2147553
So that certificate means you need to have employment or what exactly anon?
>>
File: 1637514430646.jpg (93 KB, 500x500)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>2147096
Unironically that might be the best case for them, it seems they lucked out and maybe their delta variant accidentally an hero'd itself. Probably they're gonna want to be as isolated as possible indefnitely
>https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/11/18/national/delta-variant-self-destruction-theory/
>>
>>2147539
you'd be risking getting deported/banned from the country if your visa fraud gets discovered.
>>
Every day which passes fills me with more dread. I'm gonna have to move my fucking trip again aren't I? I thought for sure 2022 would be fine but here we are again.
>>
>>2147539
Okay, so many things to unpack:

1) For a WH visa, you also need the CoR which requires you to have a Japanese sponsor who will guarantee that you abide by the quarantine rules.
2) If you find a sponsor, they have to apply for the CoR which as of now takes up to 6 weeks and whether you get it or not is decided case by case.
3) A language school can only sponsor a work visa (if you work at the school) or a student visa (if you study there). A Certificate of Eligibility for student status, different to the CoR which is also required, will allow you to apply for a visa around summer next year because of the backlog.
4) You cannot change to a WH visa from within Japan. You can only apply at the embassy in your home country.

>>2147553
The CoR is an official document distributed by the Ministry of Labor or Education, depending on your case. Your guarantor has to apply for it and the Ministry will decide whether they grant it or not. If you want to go through the work visa route, you will need an actual contract and actual employment at a company in Japan, workaway does not count.
>>
>>2147155
So, no good reasons to go to Yokohama then.
>>
>>2147649
>If you find a sponsor, they have to apply for the CoR which as of now takes up to 6 weeks and whether you get it or not is decided case by case.
How would you even find a sponsor if you can only apply for the Visa from outside of Japan? Unless you have connections it seems pretty much impossible. Can a private person be a sponsor or does it have to be a company?
>>
>>2147653
There are some companies that manage WH (aka take fees for "providing assistance") which might be able to invite you if they are registered in Japan. However, WH is so far down the priority list that I doubt the ministries would process the CoR any time soon.
>>
just become a japanese citizen, it's literally that simple
those don't have restrictions
>>
I wish I actually knew if Japan would open up for tourism by next Summer. I get a good amount of PTO, at least for an Amerimutt, and want to go to Japan again before I take a new job with less time off, but at this point I might as well just take a new job & go on a sabbatical if I ever want to do a long trip.
>>
What constitutes "Business travel"?

I am fucking going to japan next summer. I don't care what fucking loopholes I need to exhaust. I can fabricate shit, pay people to vouch for me, or whatever. Someone just tell me a fucking way in
>>
>>2147732
apparently you need your company to file out specific forms detailing how you will be careful, so at the very least a registered company would have to officially sponsor you. Apparently they've also been regularly changing how the forms work and they're still limiting the number of people allowed to enter the country per-day so you're also going to get backlogged.
If I had to guess, the best way in right now would be as a student but I don't think language students count so you'd have to actually unironically apply for grad/undergrad/technical school in Japan
>>
>>2146846
You can go to Sea Paradise and ogle at all the young Japanese couples giggling with their dates having the time of their life.

Bonus points if you are a loner and is about the only person in the entire ocean park that visited the park by himself.
>>
File: IMGP0882.jpg (1.18 MB, 1677x943)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>2147778
>Bonus points if you are a loner and is about the only person in the entire ocean park that visited the park by himself.
That was me six years ago
>>
File: GBD.jpg (318 KB, 2400x1080)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
>>2147158
>pic related
>>
>>2143815
>and get the same experiences?
No, you fucking idiot
>hey konnichiwa haha can you cosplay as a maid girl and lick my asshole on the first date haha?
>o-oh... can you do it after we know each other for 6 months?
>no? o-oh... yes I'll pay for your food...
>>
File: lol.png (592 KB, 1541x927)
592 KB
592 KB PNG
https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/economics/article/3156970/japan-plans-foreign-tourists-return-north-korea-style-tour

I, for one, look forward to waving at you faggots while on my way to a bar where you are not allowed in. I hope they go through with this, it would be very funny.
>>
>>2147096
And that's a good thing.
>>
>>2147832
You sound like a humorless asshole and not being allowed into a room you're in would be dodging a bullet.
>>
>>2147832
I guess they're doing a test to see if foreingers will really spike their COVID cases.
>>
>>2147838
Cope, seethe, and dilate tranny. You will never get in. I will keep enjoying a tourist less japan which you will never know.
>nooooo b-but i wouldn't enjoy it anyway cause you are insufferable
classic sour grapes right there. LOL
>>
>>2147832
>North Korea style
???
You mean, they will force you to travel with a group of armed military officers, visiting only specific points of interest that shows the glory of Japanese Empire, forcing you to bow down to statue of dictators, and confiscate/destroy your digital devices once the tour ends?
>>
>>2146333
I also biked to work when I was in Japan 8 years ago. Never had any problems with rogue drivers. But probably my base town was in Bumfuck, Aichi so I can't compare my experiences with yours.
>>
>>2145299
Unbelievably based reply
>>
>>2147853
I hope so. But probably they mean very restricted.
>>
>Comiket 100 looming closer and closer
>Little hope of opening

I'll study abroad if I have to. How do I do so if I already graduated college?
>>
I want to have 5 kids with a Japanese woman.
>>
>>2147732
You need to be employed at a company that conducts business with/in Japan. Then you need to prove that you're required to be there in person. The inviting company in Japan must prove how they will control that you adhere to the quarantine rules and the predetermined schedule (day 1: 9:00 business breakfast at X with company Y, 11:00 office meeting at Z etc.).
>>2147741
Language school and university are treated the same as both require the same visa.
>>2147884
Language school. If you apply now you might get in in Summer/Fall next year.
>>
>>2147832
where you drink the whole 1 beer you can afford on your alt poverty salary lol. everybody looks down on you, nobody respects you nor cares about you. that's why you come here to harass people who can afford vacations.
>>
>>2147910
>y-yeah he m-must be an alt. yeah... I sure feel better now that I'm not in Japan. He's an alt for sure!
You tell yourself whatever you need to cope, chud. I work IT for a mid size company and it's pretty comfy. Never done overtime in all my time working and I am a seishain. I'll be sure to give you something from the local gatcha machine when I see you standing in line for the tour bus.
>>
>>2147914
only mid-sized? why don't you just make yourself ceo of sony if you're already larping anyway? you alts are pathetic lol
>>
>>2147916
>LARP IT'S A LARP LAAAAARP!
We could do this all day chud but it doesn't matter. In the end of the day, I'm in Japan, you are not. I'm not an English teacher no matter how much you wish it so. I will continue to enjoy this country and you will keep seething and coming up with stories to cope with it.
>>
>>2147920
dance more, monkey
and stop touching the little boys
>>
>>2147884
Kys weeb
>>
File: 1612245471681.jpg (34 KB, 272x272)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>alt
>everyone around town knows my name
>local shops all address me as sensei
>tell people i'm an alt, they all want to know where, chat with me about previous alts they knew
>interviewed by local papers, tv stations
>locals go out of their way to talk to me on the train even during all the current covid shit
>people happy to see me around town

>n-nobody respects you, your job is shit
pic related, it's you
>>
>>2147884
Comiket 100 will be pretty cucked fwiw, only 2 days and an entry lottery even for visitors
>>
>>2147961
copypasta so stale it went to reddit and back to 4chan
>>
File: 20211117_185818.jpg (2.6 MB, 3024x4032)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB JPG
Pathetic Christmas lights in Shibuya. Which areas have good Christmas decorations? I only know Roppongi.
>>
>>2148013
Soramachi
>>
>>2147853
>visiting only specific points of interest that shows the glory of Japanese Empire
So just like almost all tourists in Japan? Only 5% of foreign tourists visit anywhere in Tohoku and the ones that do only go to Sendai.
>>
>>2147885
good luck with that you will never have sex with her again after the first one
>>
>>2148148
She's literally your wife, just put your penis in her vagina.
>>
>>2147897
I thought language schools operated on the short-stay/90 day visa, i.e. the one currently suspended?
>>
File: 1606025984209.png (161 KB, 437x391)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>2147963
That fucking sucks so hard. It was a huge goal of mine to go to C100, I saved up and everything. I guess if it comes to it, I'll just stay at my friend or relative's house for like a month down there and enjoy somewhere that isn't a fucking desert. Hopefully attend a few concerts unless they have entry lotteries too.
>>
>>2146271
Chikan is getting molested at a train
>>
>Party drugs in Japan

Realistically, what are the risks involved if caught high but not in possession (i.e. I buy at the party, and consume on the spot)? I assume I'd be buying at highway robbery overcharged prices, but I'm asking more about the law enforcement side.
>>
>>2148169
Only if it's less than 6 months. More than 6 months means you have to apply for a student visa which is possible again under certain circumstances since 2 weeks ago.
>>2148210
Just don't take illegal drugs.
>>
>>2148210
Use is also very illegal and their laws are hard as fuck when it comes to drugs. You'll easily rack up a 5+ years charge only for use and even though they will probably let you go after a few weeks, you'll be deported and banned for life or decades depending on the charge and shit. So.. if you enjoy visiting Japan you should avoid it, be a degen druggy in your home country and stay clean in Japan (except alcohol obviously)
>>
>>2147961
who are you talking to?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>2148149
>he doesn't know
in for a rude awaking this one
>>
File: 3442342432.gif (11 KB, 220x220)
11 KB
11 KB GIF
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59424269

>One expert described the variant, known as B.1.1.529, as "the worst one we've seen so far", and there is concern it has the potential to evade immunity.
>He added: "And that would suggest that it may well be more transmissible and the current vaccines that we have may well be less effective."

Face it bros, we're never coming back. IT'S OVER!
>>
>>2148013
>they even celebrate Christmas in the drain
Umm based
>>
>>2148223
>illegal drugs
Legal drugs exists?
>>
>>2148258
Yeah the chief cabinet secretary just said that if any new variants are discovered in Japan they will reconsider everything they have done up until now and further border controls.. so, yeah.. next year looking grim bros
>>
>>2148302
Yes
>>
File: reimu cummaxxing.jpg (723 KB, 1280x1210)
723 KB
723 KB JPG
>>2148255
just fuck your wife already
why are westoids so weak
>>
>>2148439
>HE DOESN'T KNOWWWWW! HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>2144196
doujinshi of nero
>>
>>2148442
>I can't put my dick in my wife's vagina because... because I just can't OK?!
>>
>>2148258
>the current vaccines that we have may well be less effective
good thing I didn't get vaccinated.
>>
>>2147920
>chud
Ok nigger
>>
File: tas2020.jpg (243 KB, 1280x720)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>2141410
>tfw almost certainly going to miss the next Tokyo Auto Salon
fucking hell
>>
>>2145796
it literally doesn't exist. And I doubt a full gaijin would get access to the 2nd tier/3rd tier city soaplands anyways, you're pretty much locked to Tokyo/Osaka if you don't have an in

now tinder thottery is a different question all together, as are twitter hookers
>>
>le omicron variant
Fuck OFF with this shit already
>>
>>2148366
based retard
>>
File: ALS-C-17-02.jpg (85 KB, 649x510)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>2148682
>>
>>2148682
I'm willing to bet my left nut Japan is closed for all of 2022 because of omicron even if it doesn't beat the vaccine. If it does beat the vaccine then 2023 and maybe 2024 are out too
>>
>>2148754
The longer the isolation, the purer the Japan
>>
>>2148756
unironically if we get hit with a second vaccine-beating variant after this one there might be a whole generation of people in Japan with barely any experience with gaijin. Assuming
>no tourists
>strict entry for students
>strict entry for business
if you're one of the few people allowed in the country in 2030 it'll just be you and the 10 other expats with real roots
>>
bros I have a feeling we aren't seeing japan until 2025 at least...
>>
I have 7 days of leave. Tokyo, Osaka, or both?
>>
>>2148866
I’d recommend Osaka. Lot’s of cool stuff just a short train ride away. Kyoto, Nara etc.
>>
File: 1608965831386.gif (2.68 MB, 444x250)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB GIF
>>2148682
>some students from omicron countries already banned again
https://www.yomiuri.co.jp/politics/20211127-OYT1T50180/
We're looking at right about the same time as last year's delta
This shit will never fucking end
>>
File: 1404440525388.gif (950 KB, 400x225)
950 KB
950 KB GIF
Why is it so hard to just allow people who test negative sufficiently in? If you don't have covid you aren't going to magically develop it once you arrive in Japan, and entry quarantine measures are already comprehensive enough.
>>
I'm eating ramen teishoku in Fukuoka, r u jelus weebs ?
>>
File: IMG_20211127_210943.jpg (5.18 MB, 4000x3000)
5.18 MB
5.18 MB JPG
I'm eating ramen teishoku in Fukuoka r u jelus weebs?
>>
>>2148988
Stop eating Ramen all the time. Theyre the worst of all the basic Japanese noodles. The real champ is Yaki Udon
>>
>>2148981
>If you don't have covid you aren't going to magically develop it once you arrive in Japan
in case you haven't noticed over the past two years, no one in the world understands how viruses spread anymore. Your lungs are in a permanent state of infected but asymptomatic and non-infected. Enjoy being a Schrodinger's cat state of infected for the rest of your life.
>>
>>2148981
>and entry quarantine measures are already comprehensive enough.
It's not though, there have been tourists in countries that tested negative and suddenly positive after 3-4 weeks. Not to mention Japan has no reason to risk it
>>
>>2149061
It's over, Japan is never opening for tourists. Congrats to bros who made it there before the coof. For the rest of us, it's all too late.
>>
>>2149088
good, don't want my precious japanese trains soiled by filthy gaijin plague bearers
>>
>>2149090
Embrace the blessings of Papa Nurgle
>>
>>2149088
nail in the coffin. pretty much they released the new varient and we all know why.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.