[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 54 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: zambiaa.jpg (625 KB, 1052x1741)
625 KB
625 KB JPG
What is the cheapest country in Africa? I'm talking food, rent, gym and clubbing. I don't want to pennypinch, I want to live a good life. Has to be somewhat safe so that excludes places like SA, Congo and Somalia.
>>
I'm not sure which one is the cheapest and all are very cheap if you have a Western income and are willing to consume local products. for a good and safe life you best bets would be Rwanda, Namibia or Botswana. In my personal opinion Namibia is the best out of those three.
>>
>>2140916
Is Namibia and Botswana really that cheap? I have some doubts as they are somewhat developed. Also why do you recommend Namibia?
>>
>Africa
>safe
>>
France
>>
>>2140944
>Thinking all of Africa is the same
American education everybody
>>
>>2140950
every african country is a shithole, from south africa all the way to egypt, enough with the larp
>>
>>2140908
>i saw that one broadcast that Cucker Talrson keeps jerking off about on FOX over South Africa and is now convinced it's a lawless hellhole
>>
>>2140973
It's based on my friends experience. Know people who went there and returned telling me how crime ridden the country is. Never watched Tucker.
>>
>>2140908
Try Guinea Conakry
>>
>>2140950
No its not even a meme literally every black african country is extremely dangerous once you leave the tourist traps.
>>
>>2141573
Cause you're a cuck. A walked through the city at 3am and nothing happened to me.
>>
>>2141600
>DM: You still need a bit more experience to pass a level.
>anon: Hmm. Aha! I’ll walk through an African city at 3am!
>DM: [determines there’s a 25% chance of something terrible happening. Rolls 2 on 4-sided dice]
>DM: Okay! You reach your hostel and gained experience.
>Anon: That was easy! I could do this over and over!
>DM: Do you want to do it again?
>Anon: Nah. Too easy.
>>
>>2141610
This.
My dads old colleague got killed in South Africa. He wanted to walk home from his workplace because it was a beautiful night out and got killed and robbed.
And that was like 10 years ago, when the country was "safer".
>>
>>2140908
Try East Africa like Rwanda or Uganda or as another anon mentioned coastal west Africa if you wanna roll with french boomers.
>>
>>2141573
>t. Never been to Africa
>>
File: flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg (21 KB, 543x550)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>2140973
>South Africa is safe
https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/murder-rate-by-country
>>
>>2142253
>afghanistan has a lower homicide rate than russia
sounds legit
>>
>>2140908
>cheapest country in Africa?
From where I travelled: Egypt, Malawi, Zimbabwe and maybe Tanzania.
>somewhat safe
most countries are safe if you stick to some rules. Most of South America is much more dangerous in comparison.

North of the Sahara everything is islam, which has a massive impact on culture. From Senegal to Congo you have the poor, hardcore black african countries. Not for you.
Clubbing in the western sense only exists in Cape Town, Joburg and Durban if you are brave enough. But many african countries have lot's of music and dancing. It's just not western clubbing.
>>
>>2140916
>>2141530
>>2141610
>>2141728
>>2143334
No one is telling me how much rent, gym and food is. I need to make a buudget. THanks
>>
>>2143336
Nigger
>>
>>2143336
>gym
I believe you have a very western idea of lifestyle which might be incompatible with african reality. Those things exist only in large cities in select countries. You want western lifestyle? Cape Town is your place. Prices are only slightly lower than in Europe. If you are willing to live in a shady neighbourhood, you will find real estate affordable.
>>
>>2141530
please don't send these dipshits here, they can't hack it
>>
File: a2224888687_2.jpg (58 KB, 350x350)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>2141610
>walk through /any/ city and you have a 25% of random dangerous encounter
>walk outside anywhere and you have a 25% of a random dangerous encounter
Being young doesn't make it hip to be racist
>>
>>2141645
South Africa is one country and its literally one of the most dangerous countries in Africa and the world. That's like saying Asia is a dangerous warzone cause my dad's friend got killed by a bomb in Afghanistan.
>>
>>2140908
>Has to be somewhat safe so that excludes places like SA, Congo and Somalia.
Strange. More British tourists visit South Africa than Brazil.
>>
Morocco is cheap and safe, and you can engage in any kind of hedonism as long as you don’t do it in public. If you want sub-Sahara, try Cap Skirring/Oussouye region.

>>2140916
>all are very cheap if you have a western income
Fuck off with your shitposting
>>
>>2140908
>cheap
>safe
>gym
>clubbing
>excluding SA
so many contradictions! With your perception of what constitutes good life you better stay in your safety zone.
>>
>>2143334
>Clubbing in the western sense only exists in Cape Town, Joburg and Durban if you are brave enough.
Also in Nairobi, where some caution and bravery may also be useful. You’ll be descended upon by a lot of hookers, though.
>>
>>2143441
how are clubs in morroco? morrocan girls look super cute to me.
>>
>>2143694
you can get a gf or wife eazy but you will get scammed
>>
>>2140949
He said somewhat safe
>>
>>2140908
Here's a better question: where can I go in africa where I won't be robbed and dismembered by witch doctors?
>>
>>2142986
homicide =/= death in combat
>>
>>2141573
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMQ3USTFU20

this has been disproven
>>
(1/2)Alright OP, let me redpill you on Africa (you will find that a lot of thing stands for most of Asia too, because third worlders all have the same mentality)

you'll be probably spending as much money on food and alcohol than you would in a european country if you're being stupid. food basically costs as much in the "richer" parts of town if not more. If you're looking to save up, you'd have to eat 100% local and working class.

The only way you'd do that (unless you're willing to try random shit that will 50% give you very severe food poisoning like it does to me every fucking time i go there), is if you meet someone there willing to show you some nice stuff. Don't trust the girls, who will just use that as a pretext to take you to the more expensive restaurants, but a real bro. This is actually who us locals do it. We don't go to a restaurant unless we've heard someone say it's worth trying. This works for everything btw, any kind of handyman, maid, butcher, doctor or shit must come at a recommendation lest you get fucking scammed or worse. But even in Morocco and Egypt, were lots of shit is typically imported from Europe compared to the rest of Africa, you will get some very good deals if you're savvy.
>>
(2/2)Also, there is litterally no fucking safety. People will scam you if they can. Men and women will automatically assume you're a dumbfuck if you come from a first world country, even if you're black or arab, even if you're a first gen immigrant, they will always assume retardation from you and try to take advantage from you. That comes to an advantage for you, because women will have an easier time giving you sex because they know you won't be gossiping about it and you might treat her something nice. Always lead the degenerates on, since they're think you're dumb enough not to fuck them back (litterally). Of course, there will be some decent and honorable people so don't ALWAYS assume fuckery, that will just make you look arrogant.

Also, be absolutely careful about what neighborhood you're treading on. Any place can turn from being very family friendly to being a shitfest of hobos depending on the hour, and even the season (Tangier's shore walk is very safe during summer nights, but it gets nasty in winter). Simply put, avoid night strolls alone. I'm not saying you will get systematically mugged, but do it 20 times ? 50 ? It'll happen to ya. And the fuckers won't only take your money, they'll still scar your shit just to make a point.

Cops will only care if you're dead, by the way and will actively not pretend to speak your language, so if you're going to East or north Africa, maybe know a couple of words in french.

I would say most places are safe in Africa IF you stay in major cities, except Mali, Centrafrican republic, the whole Sudan mess, Somalia, and some other shitholes. I highly recommend North Africa as being "easy level".
>>
>>2143687
>>2143344

Literally the entire fucking continent offers western quality of service, for very cheap, to whoever can afford it provided you go to a big city. Even fucking Abidjan and it's a noname city in a noname country in East Africa which is basically a Boko Haram warzone right now. Count on the white South african sheltered mutt to actually believe this shit.

>>2143336
Look for the figures yourself you retard, . I'll give you the ones on Morocco since these are the ones i know the most, but I know for a fact that East Africa will be cheaper :

(also i can't be arsed to convert into burgerbucks, so euros will suffice)

>Gym = 20 euros a month, down to 15 if you can find that, gyms tend to be a thing for wealthier folks so there's no real "low cost" plans here
>rent = 300 bucks, don't go lower than that if you're white, but you'll get something nice, new and clean
>food = 5 euros a day if you know the places. Can go way lower because, contrary to Asia, North Africa and Africa in general prefers cooking at home (=the safer option). So doing your groceries can get you meals that are way cheaper. For instance, a whole loaf of bread is 20 eurocents at most.
>Alcohol : same price as europe, you're not saving anything.
>>
>>2146893
>Even fucking Abidjan and it's a noname city in a noname country in East Africa which is basically a Boko Haram warzone right now.
Lol what. Abidjan is in West Africa and it's one of three relatively developed cities in that whole region (along with Dakar and Lagos). Good luck finding a gym in Niger, Burkina Faso or Sierra Leone.
>>
>>2146890
I usually just eat and cook chicken, tuna, rice and broccoli. I was thinking of just getting a maid because a) I heard this was a thing in Africa b) making this food is boring as hell c) I wanna bang the maid. My wage is about 2 grand a month though.
>so if you're going to East Africa
They don't speak French in East Africa.... But yeah I'm planning to go to Kenya, Tanzania or Zambia. Maybe Morocco but unlikely.
Which one is easier to bang babes at? Kenya or Morocco? Or are they both easy? How is Tinder? How are the clubs?
>>
>>2146893
>Even fucking Abidjan and it's a noname city in a noname country in East Africa which is basically a Boko Haram warzone right now.
It's amazing that so many retards who know so little about Africa are always so quick to reply to threads that mention it.
>>
>>2140973
are you for real? seth efrikeh is dangerous and getting worse by the day
it’ll go the way of Rhodesia eventually
>>
>>2140908
>Ghana
Nice beaches, lovely people, low crime, place hasn't been ruined by oil so functions like an actual state. Accra has a decent night life and its pretty safe for even a whitey. You can travel inland and do the mountains and the dams. English speaking, you can pick up the pigeon English in say two weeks if you dive in. Decent level of work if you have engineering on your CV. Easy to travel to nearby countries.

Honestly don't know why Ghana doesn't have a tourist complex, its the prime candidate on that coats. Lovely cultural shit too for the boomers
>>
>>2146892
There is some truth to this, especially if white, but it has too much salt
The locals will look at you, see you're foreign, and both realise you're a mug... and be quite intimidated by you. It can play both to your advantage, and disadvantage. If you lean into national stereotypes, the locals love that too and relax a bit around you.
People will scam you, but in a weird way there's no malice in it, the general thinking is that business is a big game and "its your fault if you can't play the game".
I have only been mugged once in what 15-years of travel on the continent, and that was my own dumb fault for going to Lagos Beach. On saying that basically everyone I work with (who also travels) does have at least one story about being mugged, its a professional hazard.
Police are stressful, they see you and are hoping for infractions. You will be asked for bribes, depending on the context you may even have to pay them
If you are under say 30 and have no attachments, you can have a go at trying to go native, it'll fail, but you can play at it. You'll end up hanging around the middle-class university educated locals who have something in common with you. Trying to make friends with the lower classes is just impossible, you're from a different world and you kinda scare the shit out of them in a way.
If you're over 35ish and greying out, you usually start affiliating with the other internationals after a few weeks, the aid workers, representative of corps and scooting from one "compound" to the next just because its easier and less stressful.
However unlike anon I'm replying to, I think its worth it. Doing the Africa shuffle has been a great life experience
>>
>>2140908
cheapest -> quality
inexpensive -> price

the distinction is important here
>>
>>2146892
Coomer here. Is it true you can easily fuck the Himba natives in Nambia?
>>
>>2140973
South Africa is genuinely more dangerous than many poorer countries eg Tanzania
>>
>>2147915
Then why do more foreign tourists visit South Africa than Tanzania?
>>
File: 1631378401944.jpg (8 KB, 200x200)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>2147965
>why do more normies listen to Cardi B rap about her wet vagina than Beethoven?
Jeez I don't know.
>>
>>2147970
Its a question about tourism on /trv/ not /pol/
>>
>>2147965
For the same reason France gets more tourism than Czechia and Poland combined - it has a legacy brand. Western normies can boast about a weekend in Paris and their normie friends' jaws will drop. If they say the same about Kraków they will be asked where is it and did they see polar bears.
>>
>>2147978
>For the same reason France gets more tourism than Czechia and Poland combined - it has a legacy brand.
So,youre saying that South Africa which is more dangerous than other African countries is more attractive to foreign tourists because its a legacy brand? What is the legacy brand advantage that South Africa has over other African countries?
>>
>>2147981
People can find it on a map because it's geographically prominent and doesn't change names every decade, and they're able to name as many as two famous South Africans.

There's also the assumption that harmony between races is normal, and that the division of the country between two racial factions wouldn't have any negative consequences for peace or obedience to the law.

In this case, the legacy of SA's brand is the relatively peaceful colonial apartheid period, which ended, to the cheers and jubilation of every normal Western person over the age of 45 or so. And now that they've cheered and celebrated and supported justice, that means that things have only improved since then, because otherwise those good feelings might go away.
>>
>>2146911
West africa sorry i mixed em up
>>
>>2147996
>People can find it on a map because it's geographically prominent and doesn't change names every decade, and they're able to name as many as two famous South Africans.
>There's also the assumption that harmony between races is normal, and that the division of the country between two racial factions wouldn't have any negative consequences for peace or obedience to the law.
Thats interesting. Since all we ever see in the media about South Africa is crime and riots. Its very impressive that they can still attract all those foreign tourists over other African countries despite their negative image abroad.
>>
>>2147977
>why do more normies travel to a Parisian shithole than Poland, Istanbul or New York?
Is that better for you?
>>
>>2147548
>don't know why Ghana doesn't have a tourist complex
Probably cause of the onerous visa requirements.
>>
>>2148019
>why do more normies travel to a Parisian shithole than Poland, Istanbul or New York?
South Africa is a 13 hour plane ride from Europe. One would think tourists from the West will be deterred from taking such a long journey to a distant African country thats always in the news regarding crime and violent unrests.
>>
>>2148025
South Africa's crime probably isn't much worse than Mexico, Brazil, or Jamaica, all of which are popular tourist destinations.
>>
>>2148020
Ghana and Nigeria have to have some of the shittiest passports and visa requirements around. Practically no country (might even be literal) outside of Africa is given visa free status in Ghana and Nigeria so therefore no one gives it to them either. Not that anyone would want to give them visa free entry, the people there have a terrible reputation even in Africa.
Regardless, I'm sure there are almost no foreigners there which would make any white guy there drown in pussy.
>>
>>2148003
If there were relatively cheap direct flights and no onerous visa red tape I personally would be happy to visit a lot of other African countries. But South Africa seems to have a lot of flight connections, good infrastructure for tourists, and no visa requirements. This may be partly cause South Africa has one of the biggest economies in Africa, so there's more business travel from Europe compared with somewhere like Liberia or Central African Republic. That, in turn, means more frequent and cheaper flights that tourists can latch on to. Plus an infrastructure of hotels for visitors to stay in.
>>
>>2148028
>there are almost no foreigners there which would make any white guy there drown in pussy.
I'm thinking Ghana and Nigeria might have annoying visa requirements to keep the hordes of horny pervosexual coomers out.
>>
What are the best African countries for someone that likes nature? Meaning no landmines, slightly less dangerous wildlife, tall mountains
>>
>>2148028
That can be said about most African countries. In West Africa I think only Senegal is visa free for tourists from Europe/USA.
>>
>>2148049
Nah there are a couple that are visa free.
>>
>>2147981
>So,youre saying
Nice Cathy Newman moment

>>2147981
>What is the legacy brand advantage that South Africa has over other African countries?

Cape Town
>>
I´m living with my Thai wife and our 3y/o son in Germany. I start to prepare to flee for a couple of months, if the Vaxx Gestapo really starts knocking doors.
If Bitcoin stays, where it is, we might have to live on a budget.
So i´m searching for a country with

>no vaxx requirement
>no or almost no Covid mandates
>easy Visa for 2-3 Months for German and Thai passport holders
>nice beaches
>possible to live somewhat safe but still pretty cheap
>>
>>2148166
What languages do you speak besides german and english?
>>
>>2148172
None.
>>
>>2148209
People are all "omg South Africa is the post-apocalypse" and in some regards parts are BUT there's plenty of parts that aren't dude to mining companies owned by those small hat people
>>
>>2140973
lmao what a fucking retard. My country is taking in hundreds of white South Africans every week and repatriating them here because of how bad it's getting. I'm happy enough with that though because it means we've less African refugees to pay for now. South Africa is going to be just another barren African shithole in a few decades, and only a retard visits there is they are white and can't afford security.
>>
>>2148166
mexico/central america (minus costa rica)
>>
>>2148166
>german autist with his thai monkey and mutt baby
Pottery
>>
>>2141573
>doesn't even have a passport
>>
>>2147965
because of the flex
>>
>>2140957
have you even LEFT america?
>>
>>2140957
its not dangerous if you know people there and know where and where not to go. Just like a any typical american city
>>
>>2147965
Many go to tourist resorts which are safe, package holidays, the Brit’s love those. .
>>
>>2148044
Malawi is bloody beautiful
If you swim in the lake, take the damn tablets
>>
File: asdf.jpg (148 KB, 1280x959)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>2148282
German autist here. You would seethe if you could see the beauty of my family. Go ask your white braindead feminist whore, how many BBC she had already. My wife doesn´t even know, what feminism is. And men almost lose their jaws when they see her walking.
>>
>>2148475
Dude how fucking old are you? 50?
>>
>>2148475
>that hand
how old are you and what the fuck is wrong with your thumb nail?
>>
>>2148487
>>2148488
Thats Grandpa beside me you sick fucks hahaha
>>
>>2148475
i live in the uk and stopped watching porn

when you live irl, this bbc thing ain't real. never met a girl who told me she didn't like me cause i was white. I've dated black girls, asian girls, loads of white girls. it's all in your head
>>
>>2148475
your wife and child are hideous, and its not because of the Thai

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.