[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is Austria worth visiting? What’s there to do there? What places are worth going to? What should I eat? How white is it?
>>
>>2124390
worth visiting
skiing, hiking, other mountain activites, history, architecture, castles, palaces, abbeys, art
alps, vienna, salzburg and lake district, innsbruk and tyrol, graz, wachau valley
eat schnitzsel, goulash, knodel dumplings, spätzle,chocolate cake, strudel
whiter than you muhammed
>>
Austria is all the cool parts you think Germany is.
>>
>>2124390
It sucks ass and every city is filled to the brim with Muslims.
>>
>>2124390
I've spent significant time in Austria, I'll share my opinions here.

Vienna is one of the grand European capitals of old that really make you appreciate the architecture, beauty and history of the city. You've got palaces, grand opera houses, museums and hundreds of other historic places of interest that are worth visiting and just walking through the city alone can almost be like being in a museum, especially if you're coming from the New World. It really is a city of history.

It's also the café capital of the world, around every corner you'll find beautiful coffee shops that are open until quite late that you can enjoy.

THAT BEING SAID, the city is very one dimensional in that regard. I mean incredibly one dimensional. If you're not into those things then the city (and the rest of Austria's cities) can get boring really quickly. If I was visiting somewhere in Europe to have fun and go crazy with nightlife, youth culture, generally "fun" mindless activities, Austria would be the absolute last place on my mind and I wouldn't go there at all.

>How white is it?
More than 40% of Vienna's population are foreign. I had no idea about this but the city is fucking packed full of Romani gypsies from the Balkans. Mostly Hungarian gypsies but lots of Serbian ones and Romanians too. They're absolutely.fucking.everywhere. Also LOTS of Turks and Kurds.

There are also huge districts which are majority foreign. I think 3 in total but there are others that aren't far off.

All in all, Vienna is very brown but I imagine the countryside isn't at all.
>>
>>2124539
>Also LOTS of Turks and Kurds.
That's the reason why whenever there is tension between Turkey and the EU it's Austrian chancellor who always says something controversial. He has to take a stance for internal reasons.
>>
>>2124539
Ironic that of all the shitskin nationalities that could've overrun Vienna it's the ones that spent centuries trying to conquer it
>>
I'm dating an austrian girl and she wanted sex within a few hours of knowing each other. She wants sex every night. Rough sex. I know its a small sample but I would take it to heart if I were you.
>>
>>2124539
No wonder I loved it every time I went there. I don't care that much for old architecture as I prefer modern stuff a lot more, but Vienna goes above and beyond with it in a way that a lot of people can easily appreciate. The last things I care about are the nightlife and socializing with people my age in general, which makes Vienna perfect for relaxing for a weekend at a time for me. There's so much to visit and so much to learn that I'll need a lot more trips to exhaust them all, and even then some are worth visiting more than once.

It's got some really fucking good parks too, and a great view from the Donauturm for those who care about that stuff since my own city has no places where you can take photos of the city from way above.
>>
How much of Vienna is open now?
>>
>>2124536
This is not true and is likely posted by a buttasted S*rb
>>
>>2124400
Can you get all those places on a train or? I am going to UK for 6 weeks but the only EURO country I was considering was Austria. I am from Australia though so I can't ski nor do I care about ice and snow. How is Austria in March
>>
Shut up, cunts
>>
File: 1634400952894.jpg (367 KB, 696x634)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
>>2126765
No Barry
>>
>>2126660
It's shit right now, asking for vaccine/test documentation at every possible location, killing off any vibes.
Outside the capital it's more calm, but I'd skip it for now until the situation has normalised again.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.