[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 24 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1604490279720.jpg (44 KB, 830x553)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
Have you ever travelled by bus? What's it like? Is it soulful or boring?
>>
>>2124104
>SOUL TIER
train
truck/lorry
foot
motorcycle

>COMFY TIER
bus
caravan/motorhome
subway
boat

>ADVENTURE TIER
biplane
snowmobile
airboat
kayak

>NORMIE TIER
airplane
helicopter
car
ship
bicycle
skateboard

>BORING TIER
tractor/forklift
ferry
balloon
escalator

>PLEASE GOD LET ME MAKE IT OUT ALIVE TIER
van
ambulance
firetruck
ultralight/paraglider
speedboat
>>
>>2124104
love that bus aesthetics.... got more pics ?
>>
>>2124104
I have a few times. My last job's orientation came with a bus ticket to their orientation. The one before that flew us up there and put us in a nice hotel.

Buses are more comfortable than planes. There's a bit more room to the seats and you don't have that weird pressure like you do on flights.

Bus stations, however, are sketchy as fuck. They are always ghetto and there's black homeless people everywhere. There's always people stealing shit, too. Airports are much nicer places in general.
>>
>>2124104
Depends on the bus and the route. Old bus with no seatbelts going trough tropicals, jungle, mountains in poor countries? Yes very nice

Modern bus in rich countries? Ew! Gross!
Take a train.
>>
File: 7654232.jpg (58 KB, 1200x800)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>2124104
i have travelled countless hours by bus. Europe and Asia mostly. Depending on Country it can vary from horrendous to peek comfy. I like the Sleeper ones in India even though if shit goes wrong they are deathtraps. Mostly it's in the middle where it's just boring and your legs hurt after a while because you can't really stretch them.
>>
depends where you are
driving on motorways with nothing to look at? boring
driving on small roads with nice landscapes and interesting cultural scenes taking place by the roadside? soulful
>>
>>2124159
>bicycle
>normie
seething wattlet
post legs
>>
File: 111.jpg (235 KB, 867x1156)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
>>2124290
still working on getting back my pre-covid quads
>>
>>2124326

You gotta get back into lunges and squats, m8
>>
File: 1.jpg (228 KB, 867x1156)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>2124328
knee's a bit iffy from running, doing one legged body weight exercises to strenghten it for now
>>
I took a Greyhound bus from Minot, ND to Colorado Springs, CO once. Odd folk travel on those busses in those parts. I'm fairly certain I watched a lady shoot up while on the ride so I stayed up the whole time to keep an eye on that needle that was wiggling on the edge of her seat.

Definitely not soulful
>>
>>2124104
depends on the quality of the roads
i travelled mostly on small buses throughout armenia and georgia and it was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life
>>
>>2124333
no wonder you think bicycles are for normies. you're a subnormie
>>
File: bus.jpg (92 KB, 725x473)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>2124167
It's from a movie
https://youtu.be/ZwozSLas8DM
Enjoy
>>
>>2124410
Nice. Thanks. Ill watch me some classic yugo film tonight
>>
>>2124159
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Mountain Marshrutka
>>
>>2124159
helicopter is not normie.
more like adventure.
>>
>>2124104
>take greyhound to las vegas
>it's hot
>full of mexicans
>smells like shit
Bus travel is godless hell.
>>
Took a bus when I was in high school with friends to go skiing/snowboarding, to Salt Lake City, Utah. I'm not a zoomer so this was when parents let their kids do whatever. I was 17 and one was 18.

Anyway, the bus driver got pulled over by the cops in some hick town and given a ticket. The driver was really freaked out because we kept smoking weed in the back of the bus and he thought he'd get in trouble. We weren't the only ones doing it either lol.

We got in hours later than expected and had a hard time getting a ride to where we were staying.
>>
>>2124159
Ship is literally the most soulful way to travel, other than on camel back to trade. It's how white people conquered Earth. Bonus if transatlantic or -pacific. Unless you want to hair split between different types of ships.
>>
File: cruise-ship-oriana.jpg (418 KB, 1600x1000)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
>>2125090
>Ship is literally the most soulful way to travel
this is the kind of ship people are traveling on now. not the ships youre thinking about.
>>
>>2125095
Ferries in Greece and other parts of yurope are peak comfy
>>
>>2124159
>SOVL TIER
>TRAIN
I wish burgerland would invest more in train travel, it's peak kino.
>>
ZA BEOGRAD
>>
>>2124159
>ONIONS TIER
unicycle
hoverboard
scooter
segway
tram
cable car
>>
>>2125095
cruises shouldn't even be considered a form of travel
>>
>>2125308
BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING
>>
>>2124337
Tyfys

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.