[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: luxembourg.png (598 KB, 832x555)
598 KB
598 KB PNG
What countries do you recommend for studying abroad? Preferably with affordable housing. I was thinking France would be nice.
>>
>>2123342
I'm not that shitposting huemonkey but too bad for you OP, you won't find affordable housing in France without having to share the room with niggers or refugees.
>>
>>2123342
they are all nice
the most famous cities are naturally worse affordability
when you think of study abroad, what do you think you'd want? a large city - the biggest cities or just medium? a city surrounded by a beautiful landscape? beach/lake access within the city or a short journey? Mountains/Ski access? Great architecture within your city? Multiple transportation connection of planes, trains, buses or is just a short trip to a major hub good enough? Or do you want a secluded place ( its never too secluded except in very northern europe). Do you care about the weather, or have a type of weather you enjoy most? Do you care about foodie stuff - variety or enjoying local stuff? nightlife and partying - your fellow study abroad students will likely be very eager to join you, there will be some portion of locals that will be happy to party with you. Are you into weed or other drugs - the would be accessible everywhere but some larger cities in certain countries it is easier. Are there any nerdy/cultural things you are into or want to try you'd want to do during your time abroad?

I wont an answer for everything, but it could give people more specific ideas than just saying go to Spain
but my initial recommendation would be spain. most beneficial to burgers
Access to beaches and mountains generally, also two sets of islands the canarys or the balearic islands each with a medium sized city atleast - beach destination almost year round (winter is mild maybe too cold for most to have a relaxing swim). Good old architecture. Not as expensive as the other rich countries in europe. Warmer weather - south has mild winter and too hot summer, yet north coast has mild temperature and more rain. Weed is kind of legal. There are many famous party areas of spain so other drugs probably easy to find. Nightlife is typically quite late, even just dinner. There are the big cities of barcelona and madrid, there are several medium cities, and many small cities of atleast 100k
>>
>>2123342
What is your country of origin? The reason I ask is it's going to be a different situation if you're a burger or a eurofag.

There are several universities in Europe that are free or really cheap for EU residents, and even some allow burgers.

The burgerstan government has a list of universities they will pay for their burger students to go to.

Several universities have foreign campuses, so you can qualify for student aid and an education visa at the same time.

I'm personally going to a burger university that has a campus in SEA in 2023 after I finish my bachelor's. I can live there on an education visa for 2 years, and get about $1000 a month in income while doing my master's degree in a country where I could rent a place for $2-300.
>>
>>2123342
I have a sister who studied in France. For this she was given a stipend for housing by the French government and found a small walk-up apartment in Paris. We're not French or EU citizens and I kind of found it absurd they'd do this for a foreigner. No wonder they're being overrun by people seeking free shit.
>>
>>2123473
I've never heard of that before. Did she get assistance from her own government as well? What country are you from?

I found this on Wikipedia:

Non-autonomous Universities
Fees for undergraduate studies are determined annually by the Education Ministry. In 2018 the following fees were set by the state for students that are nationals of the EU, EEA, or Switzerland, starting with the academic year 2019/20:[2]

Undergraduates 170 Euros per year
Post-graduates 243 Euros per year
Doctorates 380 Euros per year
These lower fees also apply to Canadian nationals who are legal residents of Quebec.[3] Nationals from all other countries are charged tuition fees amounting to:

Undergraduates 2,770 Euros per year
Post-graduates 3,770 Euros per year
Doctorates 3,770 Euros per year
However, non-European nationals are exempt from these higher tuition fees if they are already legal residents in France or the European Union before the start of their studies.[3]

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/countries-with-free-college

I did find this list that will tell whether a country offers free tuition just to its citizens, to citizens of EU countries, or to everyone.

https://www.expatica.com/fr/moving/about/cost-of-living-in-france-1085098/

France is going to be about as expensive as most of America besides cities like NYC and San Francisco. Most of the "flyover" states are at those prices or lower.

https://www.roadiscalling.com/cheapest-countires-to-live-in-europe/

That lists the 10 cheapest countries in Europe to live in and gives a breakdown of costs to expect.

The real question is how are you going to fund it?
>>
>>2123342
>wanted to study abroad
>was accepted into University of London
>COVID-19 hits
>stuck studying online for first and now second school year
>will graduate without ever setting foot in the UK

I cry every night thinking about how I missed out on the experience of a lifetime. I know this degree is worthless because I didn't network with anyone and just spent my time doing homework online. Maybe I can still do a graduate program overseas?
>>
>>2123492
We're Americans. Sorry I can't offer more help as I don't know the details or what the academic or other qualifications were to receive this. We've never been that and live in different parts of the country now. I just remember it seemed generous at the time and that the aid came from the French government not the American side of the exchange program. I think it was in the neighborhood of 1000 euros/month which covered some but not all living expenses.
>>
>>2123495
Being able to be productive infront of your computer doing tedious work is such a skill it gives you great potential for success if you have any motivation for a second income that will likely outgrow whatever wagie income you have.
Some people get multiple online jobs and outsource parts of it to pajeets
>>
>>2123342
Biggest question: wtf is your goal?
>>
>>2123511
I don't even know how to get a first income, let alone develop a second one. I'm past the halfway point for my degree but still cannot wrangle an internship. One of the main reasons I wanted to go to UoL was because they would place me within a company where I would work and gain professional experience.
>>
>>2123511
>>2123515
It's harder than it seems. I was a copywriter than then hired said pajeets for half of my salary and they did a fucking terrible job at writing. They don't speak English that well.

Anyone who speaks English well and is from a country that speaks a different language is generally higher educated and won't work for pajeet wages. They'll want burger wages.

>>2123503
I am the one who posted what you're responding to and the other post about going to SEA in a few years.

See, burgerstan will give financial aid to burgers to go to international colleges. There's a list on their website that has all of the colleges they accept. I'm going to beach paradise for free to do an MBA and get ~$950 a month back (maxing grad loans) because my college is about $9k per year. So for 2 years I won't have to do a damn thing at all. I'll be in a country where a small apartment can be had for under $200 if you're really on a budget. This will also be long after covid (2023) so the nightlife and everything should be back to normal by then.
>>
>>2123454
Large city, multiple transports, not secluded, don't care about the weather, I want to try partying as a missed out during my bachelor's, I don't care that much about food, not into drugs, and I'm honestly just going for the chance to be independent as I was forced to be a commuter and missed out on an actual college experience. That is the big factor here. But I don't want to break bank for it because I doubt schools are going to help a foreigner getting a masters in a 2 year program.

I'm Hispanic American so I already do know Spanish, albeit the most hillbilly kind if I speak too fast, but I'm not really interested in Spain and I'd like to learn another language either way. That's why I considered France, because I speak a romance language and partial romance language already.

>>2123459
Burger, if you can hook me up with a list of some of those colleges I'd appreciate it. Where are you going, bro?

>>2123473
Yeah, that sounds pretty fucking nuts.

>>2123495
I'm sorry, I know how you feel anon. It was your masters, right?
>>
>>2123590
Use your minority status for scholarships and benefits.
>>
>>2123594
Lololol based. All white people are left uneducated and become the working class slaves they've always been since burgerstan was first colonized to use as a prison colony.

Slaves were literally considered higher status than prisoners and weren't allowed to do things like working at coal mines because they "didn't want to use a good slave" quote unquote from some shit I read from the 1800s.
>>
>>2123594
Does that even work for other countries?
>>
>>2123596
Schizo poster?

>>2123590
Also have you considered Quebec? They will literally pay for to take French classes (about $800~ a month IIRC which will at least cover rent). Quebec City would be your best bet if you want total immersion, Montreal if you want even bigger city + bilingual (but Quebec City would be cheaper).
>>
>>2123599
Idk I'm not a minority. I'm sure you can convince some retard entity US-side to give you something.
>>
>>2123590
UK is a comfy time - London is super expensive for accommodations, but there are a dozen locations that are very popular for classic mainstream nightlife, but if you are more nerdy and not as outgoing, at a university setting you'd meet likeminded people too - but in uk you also meet those people and they still love getting obliterated while drinking also.

yes if you are considering the utility of the language, after spanish then french and german are the most useful followed by portugese (or russian)
for the joy of it - italian wouldn't be too hard for you, not so useful outside of italy but it can be very rewarding.
greek is nice if you're going into academic life

Poland - cheaper than western europe, popular nightlife, some beautiful architecture. international student presence
>>
>>2123652
Does German have any utility if you're living outside of Europe?
>>
>>2123907
basically no.
it used to be a language of namibia
it is a minority language in some small parts of southern brazil
there is a few old people in the new world countries that speak native german even usa but they'd all speak english
>>
>>2123602
You're an uneducated "woke" cuck. Don't ever call me a schizo. Read some fucking history, faggot. I will stab you.
>>
where is based france/brazil poster when you need him?!
>>
>>2123473
all europe is like that. just show up and take gibs
>>
>>2123473
Could you ask how she managed it? And what program?
>>
>>2124070
How
>>
File: abilify.jpg (182 KB, 600x635)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>2124057

Here, you dropped this
>>
1 Housing is controlled by greedy boomers that inflate prices
2 The quality of universities is extremely low for a western country
t. French
>>
How is The Netherlands for studying abroad?
>>
>>2124067
please do not wake him...
>>
>>2123459
>The burgerstan government has a list of universities they will pay for their burger students to go to.
Can you provide a link?
>>
>>2125196
No just google
>>
>>2125222
Nothing comes up for it though. What are we googling?
>>
>>2124624
we're full.
don't come.
>>
>>2124624
there is a massive shortage of housing for international students and this isn't going to improve anytime soon unfortunately
>>
>>2126468
no, you are not

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.