[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: oogabooga.jpg (219 KB, 1000x600)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
I have made a relatively large sum of money, I am completely done with living in Europe and I want to emigrate and live a simple life on a beautiful island, the sort of stereotypical dream holiday like Seychelles or Bora Bora.

Rules -
No niggers, sorry Cape Verde. Rihanna tier Caribbean types are acceptable, but no actual full-on black people.
- Low crime. Can't be a dangerous place to live, although I can't think of many places in contention that would fall into this category.
- No litter or normie crowds. Obviously there will be tourism but I am talking avoiding teenagers and party / gap year types. Places like Bali and Thailand are off the table now - ruined.
- Accessible. Has to have internet, access to commodities etc. So no Isla Holbox or completely remote deserted islands. Also no private billionaire islands, has to be accessible in that sense for somebody who isn't 1%-tier wealthy.

Suggest anything I've missed
>>
Maldives or Tahiti probably
>>
>>2122642
yeah I know it's a meme, not millions but probably enough. I quit my job 6 months ago and mentally I have clocked out, hard to describe but I don't think I could wagecuck now if I tried, sounds pathetic but making 10 years salary in a week fucks with your brain, I simply could not bring myself to go back to the office. Plus I am so used to living the dream NEET life now I'd rather die than commute and wake up early again. A bit like a spoiled kid who is given everything he wants so he doesn't try at school? Idk, not the same but probably similar.
I don't have any friends and my family will die soon, that plus the fact my money is probably not enough to retire in Europe means emigration makes sense.
>>
There are plenty of coastal cities in FL that offer some of what you seek. Downside is that there are rowdy black populations in certain pockets that lower property values immensely. Just stay away from there and you're set
>>
>>2122651
It absolutely does not fuck with your brain at all. You don't have solid priorities... yet. Find a new job and figure it out in the meantime, that frustration will motivate you to look harder and plan better. The islands aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
>>
>>2122622
A lot of the Caribbean Islands fit your criteria perfectly, and whilst I wouldn't say you have to be 1% wealthy for all of them, there are a lot where you definitely need to be. Not even the private billionaire ones either.

If you can genuinely afford to, St Lucia and Barbados are good options. I won't talk about the ones above that like certain British Virgin Islands for example because they're unfathomably expensive.

HOWEVER, I know you said you were tired of Europe, but I personally would go and live in a beautiful coastal town somewhere in Italy or Croatia if I had the money. Just saying
>>
>>2122622
Bahrein
>>
>>2122622
>Rihanna tier Caribbean types are acceptable, but no actual full-on black people
Barbados is 91% black
>>
>>2122682
looks pretty nice
>>
>>2122622
paradise and low crime usually don't go together. ur best bet is south japan (okinawa, bonin islands), fed states of micronesia or norfolk island.
>>
Mexico.
The dangerous parts are in pockets, the rest is only as dangerous as european cities of the same size.
>>
>>2122667
having a job ruined my physical and mental health, I don't have my priorities wrong at all. I want to shun having a family or pursuing a career and go and live out the rest of my days on a tropical island. I will live a simple life, reading books and spear fishing for delicious fish to grill.
>>
>>2122889
>okinawa
He would have to deal with American marines then.
>>
>>2122804
they're not niggers though, they're just black. At least that's the impression that I get - they cook good food and smile a lot, maybe wear some sort of grass skirt. They don't burn things and chop each other up.
>>
In Europe you can checkout Tenerife, Cyprus and Madeira. All are part of the EU so you should be able to move there no problem. Tax wise Portugal with NHR programme could potentially be an option (get solid l, professional tax advise). Cyprus is wonderful in this case, but only for assets that either are stocks and bonds or are derivatives of thereof, which crypto isn't.
>>
>>2122897
You'll be bored out of your mind within 2-3 years max. But it's definitely worth it to gather your thoughts and reflect on your life for a while until you figure out what you really want out of life.

t. was in your shoes and met plenty of other people in your shoes
>>
>>2122889
Those are all shitholes though. Even Okinawa is a ghetto compared to most of mainland Japan
>>
>>2122622
Check out the Seychelles, richest and smallest African country. Next to no crime,
>>
>>2124302
also, dont think its lots of blacks on some of the islands
>>
>>2122622
>Places like Bali and Thailand are off the table now - ruined.
Is Thailand off the table if I give you a non-party island? Ko Mak. Let me know what you think.

Not sure it will work until the end of your days, but I could see doing it as a 1-3 year isolation
>>
>>2122651
What did you invest in that went up that much in a few weeks?
>>
>>2122651
mate you've gotta find a job that actually fulfils you
or maybe pay it forward and use your position to help others
>>
>>2122622
Ignore all the
>Muh you have to work to feel validated
Cucks on here anon, congrats to you, if you're in a position to do this forever you've made it. Enjoy

In answer to your question it depends how much money you have, places like the Maldives, Tahiti and plenty of the Polynesian islands are beautiful and tick all the boxes but are expensive and unless you're in 8 figures you won't be able to live out your days without wageing again.

Look at some of the islands off Central America, I lived on a place called corn island off Nicaragua for a while and it's exactly what you're looking for, Idyllic island charm, minimal tourism, you could pick pineapples and lived in a beach hut.
Some of the quieter places in SEA also would fit, non touristy islands in Thailand and Cambodia, or you could head to northern Brazil or Colombia. All would be pretty based
God speed
>>
>>2122622
>Places like Bali and Thailand are off the table now
im sure rich parts of any tropical paradise would still be ok
>>
>>2122622

Your mommies room after the door is locked.
>>
>>2124344
I don't want a goddamn job fuck off with all this normie cope 'you need a job that fulfills you' - you know what fulfills me? Reading books on tropical beaches, lifting weights, fishing and swimming. Not sitting in a goddamn office doing spreadsheets for my boss. INB4 'find a career you enjoy' I'm 26 with no employable skills for fucks sake, it's over. Stop.
>>
>>2124314
I have a talented software dev friend, I set him up with a defi project and things ended up going very well for him and he's on the core team now. He gave me a large amount of tokens in this project as thanks for setting him up and showing him how crypto works, basically I got his foot in the door and now he's set for life. My stack is currently worth about 500k but if we get another bull run that could easily be 1-3m, at which point I'd cash everything out and unironically do what this thread is saying about
>>2124302
I'll look into it, thanks. I matched a girl on tinder from there once and she was very attractive (although ignored me lol)
>>
>>2124469
somehow missed this post, apologies for making multiple reply posts but thanks I will do some research today. I really don't want to work ever again so I am planning to wait a bit longer and pray crypto doesn't crash. But yeah, Richard Branson tier islands are definitely off the cards.
>>
>>2124511
Why not become a JV broker and parlay that money into multiple millions? You made 500k off one deal already.
>>
>>2122901
Whenever civilization breaks down after a hurricane, Caribbean blacks go full-nigger. They raid the armories and gangs go on rampages until whitey can restore order. St Martin had whites disappear after the 2017 hurricane. You don't want to be on any Caribbean island year-round. It's playing Russian Roulette.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.