[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: halloween.jpg (229 KB, 966x724)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
Previous Thread: >>2110470
Copypasta FAQ:
>When will Japan open to tourists again?
We don't fucking know.
>Ok, but seriously, when will Japan be open to tourists? Give me an estimate.
Two more weeks: https://www.japan-guide.com/news/alerts.html
>Is Hiroshima+Miyajima worth it as a day trip from Osaka/Kyoto?
Not really, it's too rushed and you should probably just stay the night there.
>How do I travel by public transportation?
Install the "Official Japan Travel App"
>"Dude what should I see in ________?"
https://www.japan-guide.com/
https://www.jnto.go.jp/
Solid general guides - sights, sample itineraries, pre-travel considerations, etc
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1fmfaySQHmojbRGKWCwRecq6Ln1Bb2Xdh&ll=35.67928012473078%2C139.68638283648374&z=12
/JPG/anon put together an autistic supermap of sights, restaurants, and shopping. Go nuts.

*Current status on the Miyajima Floating Torii Gate*
>Absolutely fucked. Consequently, it's not worth visiting Miyajima.

*Info on prostitution*
Japanese girls are for Japanese men only. The only thing Japanese girls will find impressive about you is your すごい高い鼻: HONK HONK.
>http://rockitreports.com/category/sex-in-tokyo/
>http://erolin.net
>http://rockitrisingsun.com
>https://paradise-tokyo.net
>http://hentaitokyo.com

*JR Pass*
Many people ask about whether or not the JR Rail Pass is worth it. It depends on your itinerary.
>http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Plug your itinerary into Hyperdia to determine ticket costs, then compare to the below JR Pass options:
>7 day Pass: 29,110¥ (approximately a Tokyo-Kyoto round-trip bullet train trip)
>14 day Pass: 46,390¥
>21 day Pass: 59,350¥

Super-easy rail pass calculator. Fill in your planned trips, get a quick yes/no response.
>https://www.japan-guide.com/railpass/
>>
>state of emergency is finally over
>borders are still closed
>>
>>2117363
And they'll stay closed forever. Either you missed your chance, or you're never going back. Face the facts.
>>
The old general was fine. This stupid Halloween themed one sucks
>>
Dear journal, it's the year 2067, and surprisingly after more than 40 years news of South Korea finally opening up its border has broke. Unfortunately, at the same time Japan has announced that their entry bad is permanent. I'm now 87 years old, I sit here in my nursing home, with my health rapidly declini-
>>
>>2117444
I truly hope that this is the case. In fact, I hope tourism dies out worldwide. No more tourism.
>>
>>2117363
the state of emergency was not in place for most of 2020, retard. its unrelated to the border closure
>>
File: 1549029318464.jpg (162 KB, 1080x1080)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
Perhaps a long shot, but does anyone know any good 24-hour gyms in Shibuya?

I can only find Gold's Gym in Harajuku and Anytime Fitness in Hiroo or Naka-Meguro. I find it weird that Shibuya wouldn't have one, considering it's probably the closest that Tokyo has to a place that stays alive for 24 hours.
>>
File: 1622630728483.jpg (8 KB, 250x247)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
We're not getting in any time soon

https://clips.twitch.tv/SteamyIgnorantZucchiniWoofer-nje-ELPpIKHFd5sv
>>
People who have managed to make it over multiple times, do you prefer going to entirely new parts of the country or trying to explore more of areas you have already been to?
>>
>>2117461
goddamn
I DONT CARE
I WILL GET IN IN 2022
ITS NOT FAIR COVID FUCKED ME OVER
I WAS SUPPOSED TO FUCK JAPANESE QTIES FINALLY
I DONT CARE WHAT YOU MELATONIN ENRICHED INDIVIDUALS SAY YOU CAN FUCK OFF
>>
I got approached by the Buddhist cult members again

They always walk around in groups and ask for your contact info, then for you to pray with them. I've never done it, but i'm tempted just to see where they take you.
>>
>>2117514
Ran into some of them in Odawara. They seem to travel in pairs. Always a somewhat QT and an uggo. I let curiosity get the better of me when they said they'd like for me to go with them and pray at their temple. My thought process was "Ok, neat, might get to see a cool temple n' shit." We arrived at an office-looking building. At that point, I noped out of there.
>>
File: IMG_46p01t.jpg (131 KB, 1024x986)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>2117478
Been three times, I generally will make Tokyo the "hub" area at the beginning and ending of my trip and use the time in the middle to explore other cities and prefectures. My first visit I went to just Tokyo and Nagoya, my second trip I expanded that to Kyoto, and my last trip I added Osaka as well. So I generally will do three-four days in Tokyo when I arrive, then use the next week to travel on the Shinkansen via the JR Pass to different prefectures and cities, and then get back to Tokyo for my last week.
>>
>>2117520
What happens if you go inside?
>>
>>2117536
You get harvested for your orgone energy
>>
http://populargusts.blogspot.com/
https://daehanmindecline.com/
Really enjoyed reading these comfy photography/urbex/urbanism blogs based around Seoul/Korea, feels like I've learnt a lot from them. Any anons know of any similar blogs but relating to Tokyo/Japan?
>>
I ran across a gajin focused soapland concierge service: https://soapland-guide.com/service/
Do you guys think there is a catch besides the high price, which can arguably be explained with the concierge service itself?
>>
>>2117478
some places have totally different feels in different seasons. Seek out festivals and seasonal events, although those have been a thing of the past since corona.
>>2117460
if you can't find a gym on google maps it probably doesn't exist. Gold's is the best in Japan, but I quit because of their retarded corona policies. The only reason to ever go to a gym is for the social aspect. If the rules forbid you to talk to friends, then you might as well save your money and just buy a treadmill or a weight bench for your apartment.
>>
>>2117558
>50k yen/hour
Holy shit that is expensive. Can get JAV tier prostitutes in western countries for less than that.
>>
>>2117577
Last time I was in Japan I found trying to get day-passes for gyms to be a huge expensive hassle since the few places I looked at their account/membership processes aren't really geared to one-off people.
>>
>>2117577
>The only reason to ever go to a gym is for the social aspect. If the rules forbid you to talk to friends, then you might as well save your money and just buy a treadmill or a weight bench for your apartment.
Kek'd, what the fuck did I just read? Going to the gym for the social aspect? You go to the gym to workout, not to be social with friends.. jesus fuck. You are 100% one of those Planet Fitness people or just making shit up. Yes, a home gym is obviously easier and much cheaper in the long term, but finding storage for it all especially if you live in a small apartment is hard.. not to mention being forced to leave your apartment and hit the gym can help boost motivation for a lot of people, it helps them feel good because they don't want to be stuck inside their apartment all day.
Either way, that was the dumbest post I have seen in a long time
>>
Have any anons walked the/part of the nakasendo or the kumano kodo trails?
I really want to do something like that next time i go but im a bit intimidated by the fact that the hike is several days long and you basically have to get whatever accomodation you can find when you reach the town
Is it worth the hassle (multiple busses, shipping luggage, etc)?
>>
>>2117485
stay strong fren, we will all nut inside jp qts again one day
>>
>>2117558
way too expensive, on account of adding a middle man
I'll do my own research and hear what other whoremongers have to say to make my determinations
>>
File: western woman.jpg (261 KB, 1600x900)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
Seems like Japan is going back to an isolationist country. Why don't you have a staycation and get with western women
>>
>>2117939
>Have any anons walked part of the nakasendo
I walked the part from Magome to Tsumago as a day trip from Nagoya. It was quite nice, and I'd definitely recommend it.
I have no advice on accommodations, however, because I went out from my hotel in Nagoya in the morning and came back to my hotel in Nagoya in the evening. You could probably incorporate it into a trip from Nagoya to Nagano or something, though.
>>
I sincerely hope I can go back soon. There's still so much I want to see.
>>
>>2117930
Excuse me. Are you retarded? Do you know how expensive gym memberships in Japan are? A basic membership will cost you at least $1,000 annually. Doesn't matter if it's at Gold's or some little smelly gym filled with geriatrics. Why on earth would anyone spend $1,000 every year at a gym when you can buy your own equipment for half that price and be done with it? To socialize. If working out and saving money is the modus operandi and you don't care about meeting people, a gym membership in Japan is a waste of money. I got a membership at Gold's so I could meet people my age and practice Japanese and not be a complete shut in on my days off. If I just wanted to exercise I could do that at home without gym staff constantly patrolling the floor for corona infractions. Finding storage? I've got an entire tatami room that I use for storage. Plenty of room for weights in there.

Why are you even so offended? Do you get upset when you see people at the gym talking to each other? Are you a little gym troll?
>>
>>2117978
A tatami room where you can put a treadmill and a weight bench along with weights without it being in the way? Sure. Also, are we just pretending here that the vast majority of people doesn't live in a 1K or 1DK apartment? We're talking about Japan here, probably Tokyo.. apartments are small. Yes memberships are expensive as hell, but last time I was in Tokyo I paid daily at a local gym, went there 3 days a week and it came out to be roughly $45 a month which is not bad. I'm not offended or upset, I'm just shocked that there's people crying about membership fees at the Starbucks of gyms, while saying they only go there to be have fun and talk with friends.. just go to the park and run around with your friends, that's probably free
>>
>>2118024
You fucking tell him. I go the gym to get juicy, not talk to other men. What a homo.
>>
>>2117952
I'm ugly and too cheap to spend the $ on a prostitute so I'm not getting with anyone, but the urban areas of Japan are better than those in America in pretty much every way. America has some great nature, but that's pretty much it & much of that nature is commercialized and overly crowded at this point.
>>
>>2117485
RIP berserk
>>
>>2117952
>japan is back to being pure
Ummm bssed
>>
>>2117577
>The only reason to ever go to a gym is for the social aspect.
Have you considered the fact that some people want to go to a gym to work out? Crazy but it's more common than you think.
>>
>>2117978
>Why on earth would anyone spend $1,000 every year at a gym when you can buy your own equipment for half that price
oh yeah everyone knows you can buy a power rack, a bench, a set of barbells and weights, a pullup bar and a treadmill for less than $500 and be able to fit all that in your 1LDK
retard
>>
>>2117939
I did Tsumago > Magome trail (plus a train to Narai-juku) last week. It's absolutely worth it. You can crack it out in a day by staying somewhere near Nagoya station, take the limited express into Gifu, and end the day in Matsumoto (where you can go on to do Kamikochi)
>>
>>2118078
Sorry you lived in a closet. You sure made me look like an idiot because I didn't consider that you had subhuman living conditions.
>roughly $45 a month
That's bullshit. Gyms are not that cheap in Japan. I'm beginning you doubt you ever lived here.
>just go to the park and run around with your friends
You know when you move to a new country, you don't get to bring friends. You have to make new friends. Do you know how to make friends? Real friends. Not just discord tranny friends. Do you have friends? Have you ever been to Japan?
>>2118078
Yeah, as a matter of fact. You can buy most of that for less than $500 on amazon. But let's be real here: people who use a power rack and barbells don't also hit the treadmill. I've never once seen a power lifter doing pull ups or cardio. So why don't you cut the bullshit and quit being such a faggot?
>>
Uh, no comfy pics like previous /japgen/?
>>
File: 20211002_174444.jpg (4.02 MB, 4032x3024)
4.02 MB
4.02 MB JPG
>>2118156
I was in Asakusa last night. Suprisingly quiet with no international tourism around
>>
This will probably get no good answers but idk where else to talk about it anyway.

Im just a normal guy in Japan for a few years, maybe longer, probably not. But i have noticed there are a lot of strange people here in terms of foreigners. Plenty of cool people but many not so. Idk if it is partly because I just paid less attention at home or im not used to expat communities.

For example look at reddit japan expat subs. What the fuck is wrong with them? First there is the insane hostile and down right petty gatekeeping of living and thriving in Japan(its here too but less) which is extremely weird to me. Then there is just this unbelievable level of snobbishness in general from expats here but especially on Reddit. I get a lot of them are middle class wagies desperate to show signs of wealth or affluence but i am simply just not used to seeing such a high concentration of people like this in a community who are generally all from different places etc.

There is also the downright bitchy and catty ways of foreigners in Japan, and again, reading the reddit subs for some reason gives a good impression of foreigners in Japan. Its like a mega competition where they seem to treat things as a zero sum game when its not. Ie, someone speaking better Japanese is BAD for me, someone trying to improve is BAD for me, someone not doing what I do is bad, someone doing what I do is a threat, etc etc. Its so fucking strange. I only ever saw women behave like this before I came to Japan.

In terms of foreigners here i can go weeks without seeing many but as soon as I go to Ebisu, Nakameguro, Daikayama etc i see a crazy number which surprises me. Why are they all only congregating here? It seems related to the whole “must prove ky middle class level” parade to me which brings me back to the start nicely anyway.

Other than these types, its hipster weirdos and LGBT weirdos(why so many LGBT love and live here btw?). Its seriously fucking hard to find normal cool people here.
>>
And on 4chan people do this in a different way which is more tolerable at least even if its just “thats no REAAAALL JAPAN” or “you can learn Japanese in 16 minutes by talking to hobos outside izakaiya in the inaka, formal learning is pointless” types, but at least not the same kind of pretentious.
US military fags get no real mention because they are just military fags who act like that everywhere they are stationed anyway.
>>
>>2118181
because of competition? theres not enough space in japan for every stupid fucking weeb/yellow fever "decent" joe in the country, and even more so theres not enough women to go around. duh
>>
>>2118181
Whoa bro. Are you saying the west is not sending its "best and brightest" to live in Japan? Sounds pretty racist to me. You see an English teacher, I see a doctor, you see another English teacher, I see an engineer, you see an overweight pink haired LGBT weeb, I see a politician.

In all seriousness I don't know what reddit is up to. I do know the Daily Japanese Threads here on 4chan were just a bunch of language nerds telling everyone to quit trying. Maybe they're sick of dealing with weirdos and weebs constantly asking about cat cafes and dating tips. Maybe they're just trying to protect their claim. Maybe they're just assholes. /tv/ has film snobs, /lit/ has literature snobs, /trv/ has Japan snobs.
>>
>>2118191

I know what you are trying to say but i’ll add that even the weebs i have seen here I actually prefer them often. They keep to themselves, buy anime, do their weeby things and go home. How harmless. Honestly.

Is this what all “expat” communities in Asia are like or just Japan tho? In terms of my earlier post.
>>
File: 1610381093328.png (36 KB, 484x397)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>live in low populated prefecture with no restrictions or warnings
>everything is completely fucking empty for months
>suddenly everything is back to life october 2nd
maybe it's the american in me but holy shit imagine actually fucking listening to the government (even when it doesn't apply to our prefecture) and to this degree wew lad
>>
>>2118218
I know. It pisses me off because my girlfriend is one of them. Literally nothing changed all year but now she suddenly wants to go out and do stuff after doing nothing all year because "the government said it's ok."
>>
File: nihongotabemasen.png (741 KB, 632x621)
741 KB
741 KB PNG
>>2118218

nippon banzai
>>
>>2117577
>The only reason to ever go to a gym is for the social aspect
lmao that's not even a reddit moment, that's a tumblr moment or some shit
>>
File: 20210927_174240.jpg (504 KB, 1374x1832)
504 KB
504 KB JPG
>>2118163
heh I went there just a couple of days ago. it is nice indeed now. but I guess it'll get more crowded soon because people are definitely going out more
>>
>>2118181
if you think everyone else is the problem, you're the problem. fix your issues before criticizing others.
>>
File: kPqvjqP[1].png (610 KB, 1210x800)
610 KB
610 KB PNG
>>2118153
>people who use a power rack and barbells don't also hit the treadmill
>>
>>2118181
I came to Japan to speak and talk to Japanese people. >food analogy but you don't order a burger at a mexican restaurant, right?

I'm never rude or anything to other foreigners, I'll say hello, wave, etc,
But hanging out with them has literally zero benefits for me whatsoever. Even if I'm alone I I'm speaking to employees, listening to conversations, etc.
I think there are a lot of people that have this perspective but go about it in a far more rude way.

It's honestly the opposite mentality that absolutely baffles me. Met some foreigners when I first arrived who showed me around and all they do is hang out with other foreigners. I asked them for a list of reccomended restaurants and they gave me a list of places with foreign staff / people who speak english.
Like holy shit the regret they're going to have for wasting their entire time in a foreign country down the line is massive.

As for the LGBT shit I'll never fucking understand it. Some of them are surprised when they learn Japan doesn't tolerate it and it's illegal. Bonus points for when they spew shit about the birthrate then support faggot shit
nail hammer blah

>>2118192
The english teachers are the fucking worst, and I say this as one. When people asked me about my job I used to say 'English Teacher' but it really fucking fast became 'English Teacher... but I'm looking for employment beyond that, etc. etc.'
If you're meming about the "best and the brightest" it's the fucking ESL south east asians. They're getting hired for these dead-end positions and they can't even hold a fucking basic conversation in English. No wonder this position gets a bad reputation
>>
>>2118181
>>2118348
Just avoid foreigners then anon...
>>
>>2118181
I had heard Japan was the worst country to act like any of that since they're so work oriented. Getting embarrassed publicly is suicide-level guilt.

Yeah, the only gatekeepers I know from burgerland are the camos and the blues. They are Nazi-level assholes to everyone over anything. Not all of them are like that, but a lot of them really are.
>>2118348
Are the LGBTs and the weebs all coming from burgerland, though? That seems to be a California thing and something with the water they drink. You'll notice its prevalence in areas with high levels of Netherlands-inspired drug cultivation and drug culture. There's a ton of tranny beaners there as well because lbgt is so accepting to everyone's identities besides average straight people.
>>
>>2118348
>As for the LGBT shit I'll never fucking understand it. Some of them are surprised when they learn Japan doesn't tolerate it and it's illegal.
What? They have a big gay district/scene in Shinjuku.
>>
>>2118348
>I used to say 'English Teacher' but it really fucking fast became 'English Teacher... but I'm looking for employment beyond that, etc. etc.'
lmao 90% of English teachers describe themselves as "freelancers", "photographers", "writers", "bloggers", "part time models", etc. you ain't fooling anyone with that bullshit
>>
>>2118181
>reddit, reddit, reddit
You sound like the fag, bro
>>
File: PSX_20211004_061225.jpg (967 KB, 2620x2710)
967 KB
967 KB JPG
>>2118156
Sure, though most of my photos are from 2018.
>>
>>2118348

I mean i did the same. Came to learn japanese. Experience Japan etc. But i live here, and to be honest, its nice to have people you can relate to sometimes. Its nice to be able to speak english and have people who get your humour due to similar culture. I dont need it all the time and some obviously do this way too far. They are usually ones who cant speak Japanese of course. So i have to say i dont quite get how you operate not needing to do this ever. Maybe im not as introverted as you? Im no extrovert however.
I dont take it to extremes, just hang around with friends sometimes, and we dont look for the most foreigner filled places either just go wherever is convenient and nice.
Maybe thats why i suddenly see hundreds of foreigners when I got to Ebisu/nakameguro etc. These are ones who dont speak much japanese and just want to go where they know other foreigners are? Snd it happens to be these ultra trendy places because well most expats here like that are middle class social strivers.

Anyway im rambling. Just seems hard to meet middle of the ground foreigners. But maybe, its the same in places like Hong Kong or SG. Ultra snobboish or just ultra weird.
>>
>>2118361

Ftw an actual freelance/contact based software developer

Guess im an English teacher too now
>>
>>2118381
I think it depends on the city or prefecture, too. There's a lot of expats in Tokyo that are generally just weirdo social outcasts who clearly don't belong anywhere and just fled to Japan because they don't fit in their home countries and they have this weird idea that they'll find a place to "fit in" by living in Tokyo, almost every American and Canadian expat I met in Tokyo was like this, but the ones I met in Nagoya were chill, most were only there for work and generally seemed pretty normal, lots of Australian chads that seemed like cool guys.
>>
>>2118389
I doubt they're doing it to fit in. They're doing it to fulfill their weird sexual weeb fantasies in some dark alley in Tokyo with yakuza trannies and furry costumes.
>>
>>2118181
You run into these people because those are the circles you’re in.

Be a skilled expat and you’ll run into far more well adjusted expats.
>>
File: 1633291927587.jpg (4 KB, 184x184)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>2117344
>the entire cabinet quit
>snap election on Oct 31st
oh no no looks like Kishida is already getting bullied by the Jap establishment
>>
>>2118402

Who are you talking about?
Because im talking about these skilled people working at places like Nomura, Google, IB or whatever. They are snobbish as fuck and have that reddit mentality and gatekeeping of “my japan” even more while treating it all as some zero sum game for some reason. They exclusively hang around places like ebisu and roppongi etc
>>
>>2117558
I would unironically rather take a shinkansen, enjoy kansai and still have enough left for a quicki in the shinchi for how much they're charging jesus . This is pretty much only for people who have to work in Tokyo or Fukuoka or some shit
>>
>>2118153
You didn't even reply to me you mong. Did you even read what I said though? Monthly gym fees are really expensive in Japan, I completely agree with you on that, but there's local gyms (basically sport centers) you can go to where you pay 200-500 yen (depending on the place) each time you go rather than paying a monthly membership fee, the gyms are obviously much smaller with less options but they have the basic shit and it's much cheaper. Just do some scouting first to make sure they don't have retarded rules or one rack of weights.

>Discord tranny
>People who use a power rack and barbells don't also hit the treadmill
>Only reason to hit the gyms is for the social aspect
Yeah.. I'm pretty sure you're the larper here
>>
>>2118348
This post actually explains a good deal.
The reason I don't find any other expats who think the way I do is because those guys are also trying to hang out with Japanese people rather than expats.

The only problem is those few times you still do want to hang out with someone who speaks your native language, you're stuck with either having to hop on the LGBT train because they're the only ones available, or just giving up.
>>
>>2118348
>Japan doesn't tolerate it and it's illegal
Is this the dedicated thread where everyone spout random bullshit?
>>
>>2118507
No gays allowed. Go away.
>>
>>2118508
You're on 4chan(nel), anon. A little late to not be gay.
>>
>>2118510
The jap means Japan, you illiterate tranny. Not this board.
>>
>>2118513
Imagine being this mad about gay people you mix them up with trannies, in a thread about Japan, one of the gayest countries ever.
>>
>>2118515
>japan
>gay
Fuck off tranny. Your bait is terrible
>>
File: japan general.gif (1.62 MB, 320x212)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB GIF
>>2118519
One last (you) for your ignorant ass who don't even know a little thing about this country.
Don't ever go to Shinjuku ni-chome, Akihabara or Harajuku, you'd have a seizure, and if you ever enter a bar with a mama-san, go away slowly without punching him.
>>
>>2118522
>japan has an underground gay subculture like the rest of the world
>this somehow means the average japanese person doesn't look upon fags with normal human disdain
>>
>>2118522
Gays not welcome.
>>
>>2118153
>I've never once seen a power lifter doing pull ups
Have you ever been to a gym?
>>
>>2118532
>>2118531
>NOOO YOU HAVE TO FUCK WOMEN!!! HERE, FUCK THIS WOMAN!!! IT'S BETTER IF YOU FUCK HER, I DON'T WANNA DO IT!!!!
how does it make any sense to vouch for a smaller dating pool? if anything it's pretty based that fags are fucking each other and dying from AIDS. more women for me.
but yeah why don't you go and let your wife ride that fag so he changes his mind? and if you really want other men to fuck more women, i can help you out with that
>>
>>2118547
Gays not welcome.
>>
>>2118550
cucks welcome
>>
>>2118522
Gays existing doens't mean they are accepted. gays always existed and everybody always thought they were disgusting AIDS ridden degenerates, it's only during the last 2 decades that (western)governments are pushing acceptance through propaganda. This is not the case in Japan and you know it.
>>
File: 1624990340341.jpg (155 KB, 1509x1242)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>back to the 80's
>anon going to an overpriced gym to socialize
>whorehouse conciergerie failing to win over new clients
>snobs expats snobbing and shitting on other snobs expats
>broken esl bot
Nice thread.
>>
>>2118564
Gays always existed in Japan, the entire bushido, samurai caste and art forms were based on it.
It only became frowned upon once Meiji was instaured, along with sex and casual nudity.
>>
>>2118569
So as we advanced, so too did what we were willing to accept.

This makes sense. Thank you anon.
>>
>>2118575
Based Christian anon.
>>
>>2117457
what are you the devil?
>>
File: DSC00207.jpg (1.89 MB, 4000x2251)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB JPG
>>2118156
>>
File: 20191206_201912.jpg (3.09 MB, 4032x1960)
3.09 MB
3.09 MB JPG
>>2117577
I made it out to the Kobe Luminarie when I was able to go over in 2019 which was pretty cool. I definitely would like to check out other festivals/events if I ever can again.
>>
>>2118617
Christmas in japan looks super comfy, hope it's open by December.
What's the cultural meme? KFC chicken and christmas cake?
>>
File: file.png (742 KB, 770x400)
742 KB
742 KB PNG
>>2118641
yea
also be sure to go to some christmas markets since they're super nice in japan
>>
You will die the day before they open up the country again. After reading this, the curse takes its hold. There is no way to reverse this. Enjoy your final days.
>>
>>2118669
Well at least I have a big dick. Japan will never hold a candle to the size of my dick. Enjoy your small dick country.
>>
>>2118646
reminds me of Christmas in Lille
>>
>>2117978
>>2118153
>>2117577
post 1RM bench
>>
>>2118407
You don’t understand japanese politics at all.
>>
>>2118641
KFC and christmas cake are for families with little kids. Most people go see "Christmas illuminations" which are just lights at a park with their girlfriend.
>>2118683
89 kgs. Nothing to brag about.
>>
>>2118690
Not him but I don't. Educate me. I only got to go there once so I'm all up for learning more.
>>
I go to Japan to fuck cute asian twinks.
>>
I go to Japan gyms to hit on twinks.
>>
>>2118692
certainly the bench of someone who goes to the gym to talk and not lift lmao
>>
The last couple Japan generals actually weren’t that bad. How did this one go to shit so quickly?j
>>
>>2118181

>In terms of foreigners here i can go weeks without seeing many but as soon as I go to Ebisu, Nakameguro, Daikayama etc i see a crazy number which surprises me. Why are they all only congregating here? It seems related to the whole “must prove ky middle class level” parade to me which brings me back to the start nicely anyway.

man I wanna live in the shittiest and cheapest and oldest part of tokyo desu
>>
>>2118522
Imagine being this genuinely stupid
>>
>>2118725
Because faggots had to cope with the fact that Japan doesn't accept the kind
>>
>>2118725
>>2118752
the coomers realized they won't be cooming for a while
>>
>>2118743
Such place doesn't exist
>>
>>2118181
>Other than these types, its hipster weirdos and LGBT weirdos(why so many LGBT love and live here
My guess is these are people who moved abroad because they didn't want to be around family that disapproves of their lifestyle.

As far as middle class neighborhoods, it's hard to get on in working class areas as a foreigner I think. Plus these are most people who have "professional" jobs and a middle class background and don't want to leave that.
>>
>>2118564
Gay is perfect legal in Japan they just all have browbeating mothers that nag "why you not married yet? Why no wife?" and getting gaymarried isn't legally recognized. There's no religion based stigma against gay fucking either.
>>
>>2118765

Thats why i asked if its just an expat thing in asia in general?

I would he considered “middle class” myself but i dont really like to parade around making sure people know it. Dont care if someone assumes im a broke English teacher or not.
>>
>>2118769
Possibly so yeah. People that have "family ties" may not be comfortable with living so far from home.
>>
>>2118773
And people might want to make it known that they don't think of themselves as the same kind of immigrant that cleans your hotel room.
>>
>>2118775

But if you arent then why would you go to great lengths to prove otherwise? I dont get it.
Its like that back home in England too with upper middle class people but since living in Japan i have seen it so concentrated and in extreme ways among expats.

I know im not cleaning toilets, and i know i have enough surplus of money. Why the fuck do i care if someone else doesnt in one context? If i end up meeting them often or they become part of my life they know.
My GF thought i was broke for like a couple years till it was relevant to bring up I wasnt but sue still doesnt know the full extent of what I do.
>>
File: fat-girl-skinny-guy.jpg (46 KB, 500x397)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>2118767
I hate this. Everyone probably thinks I'm gay. I never see my family anyways and haven't in a few years. We live too far apart.

I'm not gay, though. I literally can't find decent women to talk to or date. They're all super fat here (average female burger waist is 40 inches apparently).

I like Japan for many reasons, but I love Asian women in general because they aren't ugly fat slobs.

I know, "just go to Japan and use American Tinder to find beautiful Japanese speaking women." Of course. That's why Tinder was created. For one country to date, but somehow also other countries who don't speak the same language to somehow want to use it as well. Not like they don't have their own apps in their own language.
>>
>>2118781
You will never get a JP girlfriend. You write like you have Asperger's. I'm pretty sure you are as unpleasant to be around as it's reading this drivel.
>>
>>2118785
Nope, I'm great.

I don't have problems finding Asians or latinas here. It's just the burger females.
>>
>>2118704
https://youtu.be/xgxJeaywf8c?t=47
>>
>>2118725
I blame the gymcel.
>>
>>2118786
I believe you man. Don't worry about it. Why would a coping anonymous dude say lies on the internet anyways?
>>
File: Chris-Jones.jpg (19 KB, 393x500)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>2118799
I can prove it but last time I linked to a collage of me with various burgers, a few beans, and two nigs all having sex in various positions I got banned for 4 days.

I look a lot like this guy. Plus it's 4chan. Ok anon, prove it! But how? It's all anonymous. You wouldn't believe me, anyway.

I'm in my 30s and I've already had 100 something partners, been engaged, and had about 15 LTRs. I started at 15. I just don't want to cuck away at the factory for some fat chick in burgerland for the rest of my life.

I've always wanted to travel and I've already been everywhere in burgerstan besides Alaska and Hawaii, as well as parts of Mexico. I've been planning on retiring in SEA since I was in my early 20s, and would rather go full coomer and impregnate all of Asia than live in hyper-inflated burglerland where I'm stringed along my entire life because my wages barely pay my overhead.
>>
>>2118522
LIVIN LA VIDA LOCA
I love Hard Gay

>>2118519
>Anon doesn't know what gachimuchi is
>Japan isn't gay
Hahahaha, okay pal
>>
>>2118786
if this is true you dont need to go to the otherside of the world then. in your previous post you complain about fat burger women being all there is around you, "i need azn gf" and then next post say you find plenty where you are. quit lyin lol. you write like an insufferable retard anyways
>>
>>2118926
Shut the fuck up already, you insufferable narcissist retard. This isn't /r9k/ or /soc/, this is /trv/, and you're in a thread about Japan. Nobody cares about your body count, and given how you write and present yourself, women are absolutely not the problem here. Fuck off.
>>
>>2118940
No, fuck you. I responded to their questions and comments.
>>
>>2118508
>>2118513
>>2118519
>>2118531
>>2118532
>>2118564
The original claim was that homosexuality is illegal in Japan. Anon points out that it's not. A huge wave of cope ensues.
I hung out with a gay Japanese guy for a night back in 2019 - he hated Koreans so much that his friends got him a sarcastic 'I <3 KOREA' shirt as a joke. Funny lad and a credit to my holiday.
>>
>>2118778
People crave validation and flaunting your wealth to try impressing others is just one way that people fulfill that desire in capitalist countries. Total conjecture on my part as someone who has never lived in the country, but I imagine for a lot of expats around the world (especially those in massive cities like Tokyo, London, NYC, or wherever else) people generally don't have any long term friends or family to interact with so they try flashing $ to impress others into thinking that they're cool.
>>
>>2119001
>The original claim was that homosexuality is illegal in Japan
>If one anon makes a retarded claim this invalidates everything after
No, you are even more retarded.
Being gay is not illegal in most civilized countries that doesn't mean that it socially acceptable and people won't be disgusted.
I honestly don't give a fuck if you like it in the ass until you start openly being a faggot like right now, then it is my civic duty to bully you so that you realize you should keep your fetishes for yourself or the relevant threads/boards.
ITT fetish is asian women fuck off
>>
>all of the coping, posturing, and one-upping each other in this thread
reminder that, no matter how much you seethe, I am in Japan and you are not.
>>
>>2119052
So am I
>>
>>2119052
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFQVZ2h0V8
>>
>>2119053
Me too. Let's all go to Hamazushi and laugh at the anons who are never getting in.
>>
>>2118865
Thanks for the laughs. larping is one of finest pleasures of the internet.
>>
>>2119053
>>2119060
check in your closets tonight before going to bed boys
>>
File: checkem.jpg (123 KB, 1252x704)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>2119077
chezhed
>>
File: 1621376418151.jpg (36 KB, 500x491)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>2119052
I just want to see Christmas in Japan don't be rude
>>
>>2119092
You will never make it.
Please read this post. >>2118669
>>
File: 1633136777515.jpg (53 KB, 780x846)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>2119109
then at least post pictures so I can walk underneath the christmas lights in my dreams
>>
god, you people are a bunch of larping losers
>>
>>2119125
this, thread is absolute garbage /v/-tier
>>
>>2119125
Yeah, we need ID's so we can start filtering shitposters
>>
>>2118940
lmao what got deleted by based jannies this time?

>>2119052
>I am in Japan and you are not
Sure bud. And I'm on Mars right now, chillin' on Mons Pubis with the Opportunity rover. No one cares about your little schizophrenic fantasy.
>>
>>2119154
>I can't be in Japan, that means that NOBODY CAN
imagine thinking this and unironically calling other people schizos
>>
>>2118725
Oh yeah I sure miss the old generals:
>le vax le vax le shill le plague le vax le lax le sheep le vax le politics le politics le politics!!!
>dod is shit alt all the way no dod all the way alt is shit!!!
>creampie coom le qt le qt le coom le creampie!!!
At least the gymcel is funny.
>>
For the anons that were in Japan during covid or there now how is it? It looks fucking boring with everything shut, and even cooming would get boring when you eventually find a gf.

Still looking forward to visiting again when the borders open
>>
>>2118698
I got to Japan to fuck cute white chicks with yellow fever
>>
>travelers with Pfizer, Moderna, or AstraZeneca can get in with a 10 day quarantine now (probably still only residents/citizens I guess)
>i got the J&J one
Do you think they'll change this by the time they get rid of the 10-day quarantine or should I go get a Pfizer booster shot in the meantime?
>>
>>2119309
just wait until something actually happens
>>
>>2119309
Just relax bro. Tensing your ass up waiting for the exact moment it opens up will not help. They are old and stubborn faggots. They aren't opening up shit until they feel like it especially with their government constantly failing right now.
>>
>>2119300
It was pretty great. No lockdowns were ever enforced. The whole pandemic I've been going to different prefectures, renting hotel rooms for less than $100 a night, eating at restaurants, etc. I think they shut down my gym for a month back in 2020 but that ended quickly. So nothing is shut down. Even bars that are supposed to be closed after 8 pm (because of the emergency) were skirting the law and staying open until midnight. All the tourists traps like Sensoji have been open but quiet and there's never been a better time to visit them than right now.

Everyone who's been staying home and not traveling and not eating out has no one to blame but themselves for their exile.
>>
>>2119300
>It looks fucking boring with everything shut
No lockdowns where I am. Nice not having foreign tourists swarming about, although pretty much every festival was cancelled.
>>
>>2119174
Because your mom's basement is anywhere but Japan. Cope
>>
>>2119348
>>2119358
>covid great because no tourists
Signs that you are larping
>>
>>2119348
>Even bars that are supposed to be closed after 8 pm (because of the emergency) were skirting the law and staying open until midnight

They weren't skirting anything you fucking idiot, it was never a law. It was a "polite request".
>>
>>2119042
Sorry about my antagonistic tone earlier - I was up too late at night.

I don't know how old you are, anon, but the gay civil rights and pride movement has ramped up in the (relative) blink of an eye. What you said would ring true if we were talking about just 20 years ago, but things are way different now all across the civilized world. As for Japan:

>Tokyo Rainbow Pride has been held annually since 2012, with attendance increasing every year.[8] A 2015 opinion poll found that a majority of Japanese supported the legalisation of same-sex marriage.[9] Further opinion polls conducted over the following years have found high levels of support for same-sex marriage among the Japanese public, most notably the younger generation. (78%) [10]
>>
>>2119052
It's amusing since one anon complained about redditors doing it few posts before it really started.
>>
File: 20211006_145030.jpg (437 KB, 2615x1832)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
Just took the Jew poison so that I can travel out of Japan soon. I fully expect the Japanese government to require vaccination for quarantine exemptions etc.
>>
>>2119392
No. They were skirting laws. Restaurants and izakayas were able to sign up for a covid relief program where the government gives them money. In return they have to agree to not sell alcohol or close at a certain time. Restaurants have been agreeing to this, collecting government money, then staying open anyway and selling beer long into the night.

So why don't you shut the fuck up and stop pretending that you're an expert on shit you know nothing about? I'm sick and tired of constantly correcting faggots like you.
>>
>>2119539
I'm sure that you personally verified that these particular places signed up for the relief program. Apologies, I was not aware that I was talking to an expert like yourself. *tips fedora*
>>
>>2118232
You don't have a girlfriend lmao
>>
>>2118389
I was one of those guys at one point. Before I had the chance to embarrass myself abroad, I started chatting with Japanese people online, and almost instantly all the mystique around Japan being a somehow "different" society where you would fit in more faded away. It is kind of ironic and sad really, underneath that veil of exoticism is a society that matches your homeland in every way that matters, and the guys that are most popular and liked at home would also be liked in Japan, provided they could speak the language.

Yeah, it's pretty sad. A lot of these guys likely struggle with mental illness or something and need therapy. It's just a bummer to see people with real problems misdirecting their efforts in this way, even if they are easy to make fun of.
>>
any news on japan getting rid of the quarantine for nationals and perment residences? if I am fully vaccinated why i need to quarantine fro 10 days ? something aint right.
>>
File: Sad wojak.png (43 KB, 680x584)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFSeq0lAfnk&ab_channel=Japanexplorer

This dude is so unbelievably lucky to meet her
>>
File: 1633149484673.png (8 KB, 218x231)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>2119751
>her voice
>>
is it worth it moving to japan for faster loli onahole deliveries
>>
>>2119751
Are you envious of a dude paying for a tour guide? Are you down bad or what? Kek'd
>>
>>2119782
Yes. Also the loli dolls too.
>>
File: nomimasu.png (1.1 MB, 800x997)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
where the FUCK is this guy when you need him.
>>
>>2119751
this sperg is unbearable to watch, holy fucking shit. his other videos are much worse
>>
>>2119751
this chick is so high energy its crazy
>>
File: 1605770363790.png (346 KB, 600x800)
346 KB
346 KB PNG
>>2119733
>I am fully vaccinated
>>
File: KlausSchwab.jpg (50 KB, 800x754)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>ze borders vill stay closed
>you vill get ze vaccine und ze boosters
>you vill never get in ze japan
>you vill never travel to ze akihabara
>you vill never find ze japanese gf
>you vill never live in ze japanese countryside
>und you VILL be happy
>>
>>2119858
vwaat kesus coming zown??
Loadz ze new coronavairuz varient newz now, zey will not get zeyre freedom ever
>>
How much should I budget for 3-3.5 weeks of Japan in April-May with 2 people? Looking to do a roundtrip from Tokyo to Kyoto/Osaka and back, with some small stops along the way. What are realistic expenses for hotels and food, if we want to stay on the more affordable side of things?
>>
>>2119819
thanks, will start looking for a developer job
>>
>>2119853
that's nothing compared to the cast at Tokyo Disney
>>
I consider myself a semi-expert in Japan and Japanese culture (have seen over 5 anime, plus all Ghibly movies and Alice in Borderland) so I obviously want to come visit (maybe even stay)
I had a few questions:
1. I speak English and don’t want to learn Japanese, is it still easy to live there?
2. Is culture like in anime (eg almost everyone very lovely and positive and hard working) also fashion
3. What easy jobs can I get there
Thank you, I’ll be ignoring troll responses
>>
>>2120041
You're not even funny
>>
>>2120041
This is very funny. I recommend you work as an ALT until your 40s and then complain about the racist Japanese not giving you better jobs.
>>
>>2120057
What is ALT?
>>
holy fucking earthquake
>>
>>2119858
covid as a means of control is such a retarded theory. It's literally caused the exact opposite of globalism. Countries like Japan which have a natural propensity for exclusion and nationalist rhetoric will literally close everything down, why would some cuck globalist want that? Don't they want the exact opposite?
>>
>>2120059
Autistic Loser Tripfag
>>
File: 1632856992326.gif (151 KB, 128x128)
151 KB
151 KB GIF
>>2119751
>she was so friendly to some random shitskin
>>
>>2117478
Been 3 times for a total of 14 months. There are still some places I want to see on my next trip, but I will also visit the same areas again. Mainly to visit friends and climb some mountains Ive missed the first time around because of bad weather/wrong season
>>
File: IMG_20191114_115526.jpg (2.25 MB, 2823x2117)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB JPG
I WILL go back to Japan at some point. Nothing can stop me.
>>
>>2120129
fuark anon where is this?
>>
>live in Japan for a while in the mountains
>people politely turn high beams off when driving by
>move back to filthadelphia
>get blinded every time I turn a bend
>natural beauty blasted out of existence by 8 gorrilion decibel monkey music
>>
>>2119977
Before I answer I'm going to tell you I personally haven't been to Japan, but got advice from quite a few people that have been and am currently budgeting myself for a 3 week trip.

Budget all depends on what you want to do and the best way to figure it out is to figure out roughly your cost of airfare there and back (let's say $1000), look up the cost of everything you want to do in Japan, look up your total estimated lodgings, budgeting how much you want to spend on souvenirs (if applicable) and put it in a spreadsheet. It also helps to put the current amount you have saved for Japan in said spreadsheet so you know damn well where you're at.

For lodging if you're going the affordable route I'd go with hostels. It costs roughly $30-$80 a night depending on if you do a dorm or private room and the number of people, but personally I would look up hostelworld for japan for more accurate pricing around the areas you're staying in. In Tokyo for example, K's House in Ueno for a Private room is around $72 while a shared dorm is $29.

As for food, it really depends. Are you the type of person that can survive on just konbini chicken and beer? Going out mostly? Somewhere in between? I'll probably get shit for this (especially since I haven't been to Japan), but Paolo has a decent video on how much you'll spend on food in Japan in 1 day, so I would look at that. Me personally for 3 weeks I'd budget about $1200 on food. Again do research and overestimate your spendings. It's much better to spend less than you thought than to be without money.
>>
>>2120142
>I'd budget about $1200 on food
Are you going to eat each day at a Michelin restaurant? Food isn't that expensive in Japan.
>>
>>2120167
Not that anon but you're probably better off overbudgeting if you can. Also if you drink a lot it can really add up.
>>
>>2120167
It's a pretty good estimate if you plan on eating well or drinking. One night of drinking can set you back whole day or two of food. If he has extra, he can still keep it at the end or splurge if he feels like it.
>>
>>2119977
>budget question for basic bitch situation
Have you tried using fucking Google?
>>
>>2120167
you can totally end up spending $400 a week/$60 a day on food if you're accounting for the occasional $50 splurg at a good steakhouse and all the extra little bits of food or water you might find yourself buying as you travel
Plus if you end up poorfagging it week 1 or 2 you can put that saved money towards really nice experiences later in the trip
>>
Last time I was in Japan I just spent less than $10 a day on conbini food
>>
>>2120246
Not everyone is thrifty like you. I spent easily $30-40 on food a day because I went into random restaurants and ordered whatever I felt like and got random desserts or things from stalls because that's how I prefer to do things.
>>
>>2120248
$10/meal average seems like a reasonable budget.
>>
>>2120181
>>2120187
Always spent 150/200$ max per week on food every time I went to Japan counting restaurants, food stalls, conbini stuff and drinking machines. Even last time when I went to the Furusato Matsuri and bought ton of food I still didn't spend more than 700$ for three weeks.
>>
File: 5GuAq2.jpg (914 KB, 1800x1198)
914 KB
914 KB JPG
What's gonna be your strategy when they announce to open the border?
Buy your flight ticket and book hotel asap? I'm afraid that everyone does this and it's gonna be complete full of Chinese and American tourists that never behave and ruin my trip there.
>>
>>2120291
u should be buying tickets now. if they ever announce thell open the border, airlines and hotels will triple the price to make up for lost revenue.
>>
>>2120291
I mean.. depends on when that is, I want to go around summer time my next trip so nothing if it's not around that date
>>
>>2120248
Yeah that's pretty much what I do aswell and my daily food bill is usually around $40. My first time in Tokyo though when I was fairly broke, I calculated that I could only have a roughly $15 daily food budget and I actually managed that well thanks to konbini food.. those fucking onigiris with salmon is something. I still eat two of them for breakfast when I go there
>>
>>2120291
Damn where is that?
>>
>>2120138
Looks like Takayama or a road from Izumo to Kyoto. Can't be sure
>>
>>2120394
Looks like any average river town in japan desu.
>>
Had a flight booked for April 2020 then canceled the trip and got flight credit. We rebooked for late March 2021 since that was the expiration for the flight credit, but I’m getting nervous. Deciding if we should we go ahead and book AirBnbs, JR, etc or wait it out a little longer. Really don’t want to eat the $1k for the plane ticket.
>>
>>2120435
Late March 2022*
>>
>>2120394
Literally any onsen town, retard.
What the fuck is with the amount of stupid questions lately on these threads? Are you also gonna ask for an itinerary for Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto? Are you also gonna ask for "wat budget"?
>>
Imagine travelling in this urgent pandemic. Pandemic is not over. Stay home.
>>
>>2120291
Go the same months I always do because the weather is nice and the tourism amount is not overly high
>>
>>2120468
Yes. You stay home.
>>
>>2119751
okay i didnt watch but just the thumbnail makes me sad.
>>2120098
and this just pisses me off. i hate shitskins
>>
>>2120041
namefag AND woman?
>Thank you, I’ll be ignoring troll responses
if this ISNT even a troll post you are very retarded and please have a nice die
>>
>>2120451
That's what /trv/ supposed to be, you AIDS-infested sex fiend
>>
is this true?
>"The exact day to find the cheapest airfare is 54 days before departure. In general, CheapAir.com recommends that travelers pay close attention during this “Prime Booking Window,” which is from four months to three weeks (or 121 to 21 days) prior to the flight."
>>
i'm planning to take a 5 day trip if the borders open soon, how long should i stay in tokyo? is that enough time to comfortably go somewhere else? i'm sure there's plenty to do in tokyo, but i don't want to be cooped up in the city the whole time.
>>
>>2120582

what the fuck are you going to do on a 5 day trip when the quarantine period for fully vaxxed people is 10 days?
>>
>>2118698
>>2118699
Based
>>2119306
Assblasted little chang. Go whine on and jack off to the WMAF threads on /gif/
>>
Freedom is coming.
>>
>>2118233
Bootlicker
>>
File: 1613821924519.jpg (18 KB, 500x479)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>2120098
Does this mean I have a chance?
>>
File: 1545320061025.png (571 KB, 653x742)
571 KB
571 KB PNG
>>2120468
No.
>>
uuuh why is no one talking about this? am I missing something? says japan is opening up again

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/japan-travel-covid-19/index.html
>>
>>2120451
people haven't been to Japan in almost two-years numbnuts, expect more questions like these
>>
>>2120714
>cnn
as usual they have some brainlet reporting this. Go look at english version of Japanese news, there hasn't been any announcement of changes beyond the quarantine changes.
Never use CNN. If you need international news, Reuters and AP is usually the source they quote anyways. Unless it's literally happening outside their studio live it's worthless
>>
>>2120714
Can you fucking read at all?
>>
>>2120542
/trv/ is supposed to be betas in Thailand and redditards asking for Japan budgets? How about you fuck off back to /r/travel

>>2120721
And how does that make their questions any less retarded? Do people forget how to use a search engine after two years of no traveling? It's Japan for fuck's sake, not Somaliland.
>>
>2120738
Your bait sucks. Just be a regular idiot if you want (You)s from me
>>
>Japanese girls are for Japanese men only. The only thing Japanese girls will find impressive about you is your すごい高い鼻: HONK HONK.

Does it apply to men too?
>>
>>2120742
There have been 300+ post threads on Central Asia countries during the pandemic, yet the country most popular with 4channers (with at least hundreds of them LIVING there) gets only "wat do with 1 yen coin" reddit tier questions? Makes sense, idiot.

Sure, calling people retards for not doing basic research is "bait".
>>
>>2117461
I agree, vaccine passports are garbage.
>>
>>2120353
I eat onigiri for breakfast all the time when I'm there too. Konbini food isn't too bad over there but I would recommend sticking to restaurants if money was not an issue. Lots of good food to be had.
>>
>>2120738
Wow damn you fucking french faggot. Calm down and fuck off. It's really not that big of a deal. This isn't your personal entertainment thread. If you're bored or unhappy, fuck off to a different area of the site.
>>
>>2120661
if you have the money your dreams can come true in the shinchis of Osaka
>>
>2120751
Still won't fall for your unintelligent bait. Seethe, chang
>>
>>2120291
I considered buying a ticket for next summer, but it doesn't make much sense. Current rpices from any airport I fan easily get to are already twice what they were in 2019, so I might as well just wait
>>
>>2120652
Hate to break it to you anon but August 10th was two months ago
>>
>>2120829
Europoor education everyone.
>>
File: 4651326156121231.png (45 KB, 617x643)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>2120834
>>
>>2120838
I prefer YYYY/MM/DD (mostly because shortened is month/day like I'm used to, and because it works with ordered naming while day/month doesn't) but the rest is correct.
Japan has it right.
>>
>>2120838
I'm all for the metric system and Celsius makes a lot of sense for cooking, but... why do we exactly need to know when water boils if talking about the weather?
Freezing point is useful to know if there will be snow, but Celsius is too narrow otherwise. The difference between 21 and 22C is negligible in weather, yet very noticeable in thermostats, and the weather tops out at like 50C where it's pretty much unlivable for humans. Neither Celsius nor Fahrenheit are perfect for describing weather, but at least Fahrenheit has more sensible steps.
>>
>>2120853
>fahrenheit has more sensible steps
Is this a cope?
>>
>>2120838
This. You can imagine what kind of stupid, inbred, retarded autismo created the imperial system
>>
Anyone have experience with begging in Japan that can offer tips/tricks? I’ll be flying in with $400~ at the most and I’ll be mostly be fine foodwise because of those meme honour system food shops where I can just get free stuff if I have my back to the cameras but transport is where I’ll need cash because the barriers are manned by faggot japs who never let you go. I mean alternatively I could get a bike from some granny or loser teen but I’d prefer people to hand their shit over willingly so I don’t have to escalate things.
>>
Fuck off beggar. Japan has no place for people like you. If you are poor, stay at home or find a job instead of traveling, baka.
>>
>Gatekeeping travel because you need to earn le money
Wear your mask cuck
>>
>>2121080
Imagine calling people faggots or losers when you're planning on going to a country just to beg to get around. Can you please go to Thailand instead, so the chance of you getting killed by locals increases dramatically?
>>
When is the best time to see the autumn trees? I was planning on going to Kyoto and some surrounding places this year.

I looked up autumn foliage viewing and pic related came up. Isn't late November awfully late for viewing? Or is it like this every year?
>>
>Bro just get a high paying job and be a nice Christian boy and go on ski trips with friends and don’t have sex until marriage and get the jab, don’t ever ever think of asking anyone for anything
I go where I want cuck, I’m being generous by asking for the money first.
>>
>>2121069
Not really, I live in a developed country, so not an American. Still, 0F being criminally cold, 50F being average and 100F being hot is closer to what I'd call a more natural scale for weather.
Cooking with F though, fuck that, I do need to know when water freezes and boils.
>>
>>2120806
Where should I go in Japan? I heard they had "sanctuaries" or something like that?
>>
>>2121080
I know someone who had the same idea and he ended up spending 3 months in a Japanese prison.
>>
>>2121080
fucking pieces of shit like you are why gaijin are despised

get a job
>>
>>2121092
>Isn't late November awfully late for viewing? Or is it like this every year?
A lot of Japan is much warmer than you might think. I live on Kyushu and we don't get anywhere near fall temperatures until later October/early November. Still have highs around 30 C now.
>>
>>2121080
lmao, imagine go to another country just to be a poor beggar and ask for begging advice, just do us all a favor kys already loser, your life is already done.
>>
I will never give you a (You) and I will never pay for stupid shit that I don’t have to. I paid for the plane ticket, get the fuck over yourselves your normalfag fucks
>>
>>2121080
We don’t need your kind on this board… no, on this world.
>>
>>2121133
i hope you steal from the yakuza by accident and get your balls chopped off. stupid white niggers like you make japan harder for the rest of us
>>
File: 20191204_134657(0).jpg (3.28 MB, 4032x1960)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB JPG
>>2121092
I was in the Kyoto/Osaka area in December 2019 and a decent amount of the trees still had their autumn foliage. I'd imagine the last 2 weeks of November are probably prime time to go see them.
>>
>>2121109
>>2121176
does this mean that I won't see *any* autumn foliage in Kyoto in October, or just that there is much more of it in late November?
>>
>>2121180
I went to Japan (2 decades ago, climate may be changing). The leaves were turning when I visited the Fuji area. It was very pretty. Some plants were still green though.
>>
>>2121180
This was middle of October, literally same time of year.
>>
>>2121080
please please please kill yourself
>>
>>2121180
October is too early. I was shocked my first fall in Tokyo when it was October and all the trees were still green. You don't get those beautiful autumn photo-ops until around mid-November. Luckily for you Japanese people are super autistic about this sort of thing and create calendars for optimal momiji viewing.
https://www.jrailpass.com/blog/japan-autumn-leaves-forecast
>>
>>2121080
Dear god please be black
>>
What are the best ways to find out which cash machines I can withdraw cash from? Last time I was there I could only really take cash out at Citibank atms. I had some luck with ones in 7-11's but sometimes it would just spit my card out.
>>
>>2117344
>Japanese girls are for Japanese men only.
Correction: Japanese girls are for men who know Japanese only. Learn the language.
>>
>>2121310
That's sound like a you problem, talk to your bank or something
>>
>>2121109
I visited in October a couple of years ago and I was very surprised how warm it was in Kyushu for the time of year. Summer there must be very humid I imagine.
>>
File: IMG_20190831_153057.jpg (832 KB, 2688x1512)
832 KB
832 KB JPG
>>2117939
I walked some Kumano Kodo trails two years ago, pic related. Some of my best days in Japan were spent here, so yes I would 100% recommend it. I didn't do the whole trek tho, I stayed at Yunomine as a kind of home base, and hiked from there to Kumano Hongu Taisha among other things. There's busses driving along all the major stops so you can easily hike a trail and then take a bus back to your accomodation if you don't want the hassle of staying at a new place every time. Just go through the time tables so you know what time the last bus leaves.
>>
What's up with all the weird old expats around Shibuya station? I was walking around Shibuya today and must have seen like 10 of them in different places.

The whole area pretty much consists solely of Japanese people in their teens and 20's, and then you have these random fat balding white guys who seem to also live in the neighborhood. What the fuck is up with that?
>>
File: IMG_20190901_100129.jpg (1.24 MB, 2688x1512)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
>>2118156
All you had to do was ask
>>
>>2121408
Maybe they were waiting for an escort. Or they're simply creeps.
>>
Do the Japanese really appreciate you trying to speak the language, even if you completely fuck up? I'm scared to try out my limited Japanese when I'm there.
>>
>>2121423
most are fine with it and if they're not they'll just ignore your japanese and say that they can't speak english in english
>>
>>2121408
those guys are also in their 20s, it's just that they're fat and balding so they look 20 years older. it's the standard "Japanese culture fan" phenotype

(age like fine wine btw)
>>
>>2121425
>tfw balding white guy in my mid 20's
I am relatively fit & shave it to a buzz cut, but it's still impossible to not peak at 3/10.
>>
>>2121483
Well yeah, not much you can do with an ugly face
>>
>>2121080
My only advice is to commit suicide as soon as possible.
>>2121084
>Gatekeeping
We clearly don't do enough gatekeeping.
Consider the advice above.
>>
>>2121365
はい、はい、それでわ勉強をします
>>
File: 1603223233582.png (365 KB, 600x500)
365 KB
365 KB PNG
>>2121533
>勉強をします
"を”を要らない
>>
>>2121541
出来ない。。。
誰か助けて下さい!
>>
Anyone quit a 6 six figure job in the US to go do JET or similar?
I'm considering it, just so fucking bored and would like some novelty every day and not always going from strip mall to work to suburb rinse and repeat
>>
>>2121576
I know some of you people adores Japan, but get a fucking grip
>>
>>2121080
Phenomenal bait.
>>
>>2117577
what in the flying fuck is this retard on about
>>
>>2121425
what is it with the balding? every single fucking one is balding. every one.
the worst part is? I know I'm going to bald too. it's going to fucking happen. deep down I just know
>>
Am I crazy or is every single cutesy mom and pop Italian restaurant the exact fucking same?
They all have the exact same deserts, drinks, everything. Even down to the "daily" menu they all have mushroom white sauce pasta and a red sauce with fish.
>>
>>2121745
it's the same with the Indian restaurants and curry sets
>>
>>2121734
Most people who are balding were bullied for it & are social rejects so they end up clinging to whatever feel good media they can to try escaping from how real life is hopeless.
t. hairlet
>>
>>2121734
because 2/3 of all men experience balding?
>>
I hear if you buy a Japanese christmas cake a Lexus she'll pretty much agree to marriage on the spot.

Can anyone confirm if this is true or not? I'm wealthy enough that I wont miss the money spent on a car and dumb enough to actually try it.
Just want a japanese gf lads... Or a gf... Or even just female contact really.
>>
>>2121420
quality content. OC?
>>
File: IMG_20190830_183502.jpg (920 KB, 1512x2688)
920 KB
920 KB JPG
>>2121857
Yep. I posted a bunch of pics last thread too. >>2121401 is also me, most of my pics are from these hikes
>>
>>2121838
white men*
>>
File: 20211010_175229.jpg (1.09 MB, 2443x1832)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
taken 1 hour ago

but we can't let in foreigners because... muh covid
>>
>>2121867
yeah, that's what we were talking about.
>>
>>2121868
The Japanese are xenophobic, what else is new
>>
>>2121838
>2/3
Ahahahahhahahhaa…
Keep coping.
>>
>>2121919
Well, on the bright side most people have realized that we're genetic garbage so that % should drastically drop as women refuse to have sex or have kids with us.
>>
>>2121919
>>2121921
How come Americans are too stupid to use google?
>>
>>2121945
Retardbro?
>>
>>2122020
>66%
Now that's the real pandemic right there
>>
>>2122020
exactly what I said
>>
>>2121921
This anon knows the truth.
>>
When the borders eventually reopen, what do we recon pricing will be like in regards to travelling there? Price hikes? Price drops? No idea what to expect.
>>
>>2121863
Oh shit is this also near Kumano Kodo trails? These hikes look amazing
>>
>>2122106
*reckon
>>
>>2121863
my man. have you explored shosenkyo gorge? is it really that pretty or just a tourist trap - been debating on seeing it someday
>>
File: IMG_20190830_183125.jpg (1.11 MB, 2688x1512)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>2122107
Yep, this (and pic related) is Yunomine. I stayed there and did a few trails in the surrounding area. Lovely place, highly recommended. The building on the far right in this pic is a tiny little restaurant run by a nice old couple, maybe even the only place to eat there. Super friendly, they gave us a bottle of sake as a gift to take with us. You can also buy a little bag of eggs there you can then boil in the nearby onsen and eat, pretty neat.

>>2122199
Sadly no. I'll be real the Kumano Kodo trails are some of the only ones I've done so far. I was gonna do more this year but we all know how that turned out. Hopefully I'll be able to do more next year. I'd love to go hiking around Mt. Fuji and the nearby lakes.
>>
Ok, which one of retards went to a bar on Saturday night in Osaka to talk to your friend about dogecoin, shitcoins, and "making a lot of money?"
Just want to point out that you were extremely cringe, smelled bad, and all of my friends made fun of your cringe-ass conversation when I translated it for them.
To other anons, please do not use internet slang in a loud voice to attempt to impress the people surrounding you. It's extremely cringe.
>>
>>2121921
>>2122020

any baldbros here actually manage to get laid?
>>
>>2122262
I had an extremely loud conversation with a Japanese model I was dating about jews and the holocaust at a restaurant once. She brought it up, though.
>>2122217
great photo. really cozy. did it automatically set the exposure, or did you set it?
>>2122106
supply and demand. I don't think there will be an immediate explosion of tourists like some people here on /trv/ are forecasting. I think the majority of would-be-travelers will still be cautious or at the very least not want to jump through covid hoops like quarantine, vaccines, and PCR tests. Once all that bullshit is gone and Fauci has committed suicide by three bullets in the back of the head, then we can expect the price hikes. In my humble opinion.
>>2121868
I went to Shibuya for Halloween last year. Halloween was "canceled" so there were no costumes but it was just as busy as it always is. Cancel the party but still have just as much people out drinking and shopping and going to karaoke. What a fucking farce.
>>2121849
Yes it's true. Have you seen those funny webms of asian guys proposing to their girlfriend with a lamborghini?
>>
>>2122217
boil eggs in an onsen and eat? okay, based. i want to imbue my food with a mineral soak now. post moar pix anon
>>
File: IMG_20190831_113333.jpg (1.27 MB, 2688x1512)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
>>2122369
Thanks. I don't have any fancy cameras or anything, I just use my phone. I think that in Japan you don't need to do a lot to make your pictures look good, the scenery does all the work for you

>>2122380
Yeah it's nice. One evening I bought one of those instant UFO curries and added the onsen eggs, pretty decent cheap dinner.

Here you can see the river with all the pipes leading the onsen water to all the different ryokans and shit. Very sulfury smell here. The square pool on the left is where you can put your eggs to boil them.
>>
>>2122038
85%of all men lose at least some hair. I thought I was in the clear and had a full head of hair until around 38 when my hair loss became noticeable. But I'm in my 40s so I don't really care
>>
Anyone have any recommendations for Hokkaido? It's usually a lot more wallet friendly of a stay but outside of winter, I'm not sure where to go.
>>
>>2122444
Well I just hope more people start shaving their heads, especially the balding guys in their 20s. I almost puke when I see guys trying to save out hair as long as possible even though they are balding, it makes them not only look much older but unhealthy as hell
>>
>>2121576
I almost quit a 80k/year QA job to do it for 2 years to do it. Luckily I found someone willing to take me on as a developer so I didn't, but if you're actively miserable in your job it isn't worth dealing with.
>>
>>2121576
I took a 40% pay cut to move to Japan, but only because it's a good position (despite the terrible salary) and I can get the fuck out whenever I want to a much better-paying job. Quitting to do JET is career suicide and fucking retarded.
>>
File: 1632755245856.jpg (40 KB, 462x480)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>2122217
god I hope they open the borders, this looks heavenly
>>
I'm flying out there tomorrow. I forgot how much I hated packing suitcases.
>>
I just want to go into Japan.
>>
>>2118271
Cardio kills gains. What a DYEL thing to even ask.
>>
>>2122744
Eddie Hall does cardio.
>>
>>2122552
>>2122559
What kind of jobs did you guys get in Japan, if you don't mind sharing? I hear that getting an IT job is viable, don't know if true or not
>>
>>2122387
this is super cool. i had no idea such a thing existed. this is definitely something i want to do. the scenery sure is nice but do you use a cheapo phone or a flagship phone? i assume the latter because the pics still look great
>>
>>2122540
You should try the Sapporo beer museum/tour.
>>
>>2122540
1 night Tokyo
2 nights Hakodate
4 nights Sapporo
3 nights Furano
6 nights Obihiro
5 nights Tokyo

This was my itinerary for 2020 August but it never happened.
>>
>>2122744
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjU23kQ_nt8
>>
>>2122540
>>2123014
Also, there's Wakkanai and Cape Soya, the most northern point. And Shiretoko National Park and southwards thru Akan-Mashu National Park to Kushiro is awesome
>>
File: file.png (6.04 MB, 1920x1280)
6.04 MB
6.04 MB PNG
>>2122540
Goryokaku in Hakodate is cool
>>
>>2122744
Not according to the rock, thor, and me.
>>
>>2122909
Software development so mostly coding.
>>
>>2122909
academic research
>>
Im feeling like masks will be mandatory forever in Japan but I cant stand masks. I hate this
>>
>>2123134
they are not mandatory even now, retard.
>>
>>2123134
What is so hard about wearing a mask bigot
>>
>>2123134
All we can hope is that there won't be any more significant spikes. Maybe then local governments will finally start to relax their policies and it'll stop being social suicide to go mask-less in public.
>>
>>2123134
lol what a baby
>>
>>2123134
>he's so fat and unfit that he can't breathe
>>
File: 1633693865044.jpg (41 KB, 550x512)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>2123134
>girl looks like a 10/10 cutie
>she takes her mask off
this mask shit must end i can't get bait and switched fucking again
>>
This thread died too quickly. Fuck you trolls
>>
>>2123270
bump limit is reached. It'll be toast in a few days and hopefully the nigger faggots who ruined it don't come back.
>>
How to pick up girls in Japan?

I am asking unironically btw.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig8S6cKO8Us
>>
>>2123329
Just be urself lul
>>
>>2123329
Learn Jap and jap culture or go to huge tourist areas for bars and clubs and wait for gaijin hunters.
>>
>>2120129
this is nice but also looks like new hampshire
>>
File: lupincry.png (462 KB, 720x540)
462 KB
462 KB PNG
My phone reminded me that 2 years ago today I was in Nagasaki. Kyushu is so pretty it's unreal, take me back desu.
>>
>>2123329
bend down, put one hand under the crux of their knee, put your other hand against their back, and then sweep their legs up and lift with your back. While they're laughing in amazement at your brute strength and their friends are taking out their phones for a picture, run to the nearest love hotel. Works for me nine times outta ten.
>>
File: 1609886123390.jpg (634 KB, 1447x2047)
634 KB
634 KB JPG
>want to book a flight for next summer due to fear of flight prices raising even further
>looking at switching jobs soon & don't know what my PTO policy would be like at a new job
I hate being an Amerimutt
>>
>>2123329
>>
>>2123329
>be tall
>have blue eyes
>dye your hair blonde
>learn fluent Japanese
>be rich
>be ripped
Any 3 of these will net you an average girlfriend there with zero effort.
>>
>>2123710
Kind of in the same boat, but why Summer? Also you're probably better off just saving more money just in case flight prices do increase instead of booking and praying.
>>
>>2124118
I want to climb Fuji & go to Comiket & I can knock out both in one trip. Winter Comiket sounds less miserable, but I'm a tech douchebag who lives across the country from my family so Christmastime is the only time I get to see them.
>>
>>2123329
be a male who isn't afraid to approach a woman
that's it, you'll get a normalfag jap woman like me and many others have many times and the sex will always be "eh she's worse at sex than westies but she is an azn bitch so it was ok". if you want a subservient, submissive, shy, awkward, socially retarded and anime watching video game playing has a lot of weird fetishes classic japanese woman, you'll need to have both charisma and weeb knowledge which is almost impossible as they are mutually exclusive.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.