[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 36 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Maverick_Sunset.jpg (251 KB, 2048x1341)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
Maverick edition

Previous Thread: >>2036677

>What is this?
/rcg/ was created as a way for the rollercoaster enthusiasts on here to discuss all things rollercoasters, as well as amusement parks in general.

Roller Coaster Database:
>https://rcdb.com/

Amusement Park News Sites:
>https://www.themeparkinsider.com/
>https://www.screamscape.com/
>https://www.coaster101.com/
>https://www.themeparktourist.com/news

Disney Parks News:
>https://allears.net/
>https://wdwnt.com/
>>
NOTABLE NEWS AS OF 26/09/21:

>Top Thrill Dragster will be closed for the rest of the 2021 season following an accident where an L-bracket fell from the car and hit a woman, causing serious injury
>Wicked Twister is permanently closed and is being removed
>Walibi Belgium flooded last summer which caused damage to the rides. A reopening is slated for this october according to the park itself
>Do-Dodonpa closed after four riders suffered spinal injuries from the ride
>Disney is replacing their FastPass system with a paid feature in their new park app called "Disney Genie" which garnered controversy upon its announcement
>Demolition of Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom finally underway, people still wondering why Disney had a wild mouse for this long
>Six Flags Magic Mountain is building a new RMC coaster on Green Lantern's old spot
>Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood being painted purple
>Halloween Haunt to return to various Cedar Fair parks for the 2021 season
>Iron gwazi still not open
>>
>>2113531
>Iron gwazi still not open
I've seen videos suggesting something is wrong with it but I don't think that's the case, they just didn't want the coof to ruin their new ride's debut. I think they waited a season too long though.
>>
>>2113531
>Demolition of Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom finally underway, people still wondering why Disney had a wild mouse for this long.
That whole section of Dinoland needs to be demolished. Disney should focus on fixing that before wasting their money re-theming a classic which still brings in big crowds.
>>
Mission: Space is one of the greatest rides at Disney World and I'm tired of pretending that it's not
>>
>>2113721
I'm not sure I'd call it one of the greatest, but I enjoy it a lot. I really don't understand the hate for it. It's definitely in the top half of EPCOT rides.
>>
File: 1611727114053.png (16 KB, 379x214)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>2113721
>Gina Torres is now in the pre-show instead of Gary Sinise
>>
>>2113976
OH NO NO NO
>>
What is the appeal of going to a disney park when you are older than 10? The rides are always boring.
>>
>>2113638

Seaworld owed RMC 3.5 million dollars in 2020. Seaworld didnt pay because of the coof harming profits so the theory goes, that RMC presumably walked away with the keys to the ride and wouldn't allow it to open until they could pay up in full.
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-bz-coronavirus-seaworld-construction-liens-20200616-olovgxilybbetnorlkhho5xuzq-story.html
>>
>>2114225
Based RMC, there’s no way Busch legitimately couldn’t afford to pay up
>>
>>2114221
The sekret sex club
>>
>>2114221
Appreciating the craftsmanship and effort that went into the themeing of the park, the focus on immersion etc.
Yes I know it's autistic
>>
>>2114221
The booze and restaurants
>>
>>2114248
>there’s no way Busch legitimately couldn’t afford to pay up
Yes, use up a massive chunk of your cash reserves while there are no ways to capitalize on the ride you're paying for, great thinking, will take you far on the business world.
>>
>>2114221
>doesn’t understand the difference between a theme park and an amusement park. No one goes to Disney to experience the rides
>>
Any other yuropoors here? I'm planning on going to Disneyland Paris with my sister in november, and I'm wondering what you guys do for accomodation. Do you stay on site or not? I was thinking off site would probably be cheaper, but if there's any significant pros worth the money I could reconsider.
>>
>>2115435
I'm not that guy but still, what's the appeal of going to a Disney park being older than 10? You say rides and theming are different things, but who the fuck over the age of 10 enjoys Disney theming of all things? I know Japanese girls do but they are basically children.
>>
>>2115984
When you go to Star Wars land and see a true to size Millenium Falcon, X-Wing, and AT-AT, you get really immersed in it.
>>
>>2115984
>You say rides and theming are different things, but who the fuck over the age of 10 enjoys Disney theming of all things?
10 year olds don’t recognize Aerosmith, Indiana Jones, Rod Sterling, Jules Verne, or TRON unless they were told by their parents. They probably don’t care about sledding down a random mountain or really understand the danger of climbing Everest, and they weren’t even born when Avatar came out. It’s just a random sci-fi planet to them.
They’d definitely recognize the Incredibles and the Guardians of the Galaxy, but those rides aren’t aimed at young kids and the Incredicoaster isn’t a shining example of great theming. They could like Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, and Soarin’, but none of those are uniquely childish. SM is basically a futuristic airport.
>>
>>2117510
>Aerosmith
I will be forever grateful that Islands of Adventure is a thing and disney cant go full mahvel autism on the Orlando parks.
>>
>>2117224
star wars land is underwhelming though since they cut the budget before construction started
>>
>>2117563
I'll be forever grateful Islands of Adventure is a thing so that the Marvel Land we have in Orlando is a fun, 90s comic-inspired cheese fest rather than the dull, uninspired shit Disney opened in Cali.
>>
File: Migu.gif (277 KB, 270x200)
277 KB
277 KB GIF
>>2117612
>So he says
>When the Hulk has already been re-themed
I legit care more about the theming of the Tower of Terror and the Rock & Roller Coaster than that of IoA.
OTOH, new Ride on Toon Lagoon when?
>>
>>2117623
Eh, the Hulk re-theme still feels way more comic-booky than that shitty Avengers Campus. It's still cheesy, just not 90s anymore. I agree that ToT's theming becoming like the one in Cali would be a travesty, but IoA doesn't actually prevent that since the Guardians of the Galaxy aren't present there. Thankfully (sort of) Disney already has a GotG ride coming to WDW, so ToT is probably safe.
>OTOH, new Ride on Toon Lagoon when?
Probably no time soon since Universal really needs to focus on US now. If they do do something in IoA, I'd rather get a new ride in Lost Continent since it only has one (temporarily closed) attraction. Give Universal Creative a chance to make something wholly original again. I doubt that'll happen though.
>>
>>2117651
>Universal really needs to focus on US now
>now
You mean after they finish the 3rd park?
>>
>>2117657
Yeah, I doubt they'll add any major expansion to Studios before Universe opens but I'm hopeful they'll add/update at least one attraction in the lead-up years. Studios is really lacking compared to Islands, so I hope it gets some real attention soon.
>>
>>2117564
What was cut due to budgets?
>>
>>2117664
They added the HP shit. That will be good for the next decade.
>>
>>2117820
A lot of the immersive elements like a diner theatre, bounty hunters who would be after you if you scored badly on the smuggler's run ride, fights in the streets between Rey and stormtroopers, etc. There was even gonna be a peoplemover-style Bantha ride around the land.
Instead we got a bunch of gift shops
>>
>>2117510
>>2117224
So the people who enjoy Disney theming are the "omg i got that epic reference hecking upboated!!!" reddit cunts who base their entertainment entirely on popular culture references and who can't enjoy things not inspired in media. Gotcha.
>>
>>2117846
Dinner show was added to the hotel. They know star wars nuts will pay $6000 for a 2 day trip.
Characters interactions would have been disastrous precovid with the crowd levels and now they still aren't really doing f2f interactions.

Bantha ride never made it past very small scale testing, which is normal for Disney and Universal. So much stuff gets scrapped because there just aren't people that know how to make it happen. Considering the ratatouille ride was released 1 year before the trackless technology to make it look it realistic just wasn't available.
>>
>>2117917
Same for Universal. HP land is garbage if you've never read the books or seen the movies.
>>
Adding to the discussion and >>2114221 's question, Have anyone of you ever eaten at any of the disney/universal/theme park restaurants?
I know disney has some interesting and new concepts (albeit pricey) like Space 220 and the ballroom one at magic kingdom but is any of it worth it as an experience?
>>
>>2118026
>HP land is garbage if you've never read the books or seen the movies.
I disagree
>>
>>2118026
Wrong
t. hasn’t read the books or paid attention to le films, still like the rides and theming
>>
>>2118044
>>2118058
HP land is a literal dumpster. Only hobos and homeless would like it
>>
File: 1619554109541.webm (2.91 MB, 960x828)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>2117917
Reddit is half what you described, half Disney trivia autists who hate IP rides with a burning passion. Most of them love Universal though, and literally every ride they make has some media connection. Go figure.
>>2118026
I've never been, but most of the rides seem fun and they didn't half-ass the immersive elements. It's sad fuckers kept throwing shit at each other on Dueling Dragons.
>>2118043
I went to Disneyland with family earlier this year and was pleasantly surprised by the restaurants. You have to book the "nicer" ones way in advance, because there are only a handful between both parks, but we got into Napa Rose, Lamplight Lounge, Oga's Cantina, and Trader Sam's.
>Napa Rose
Basically a normal mid to upper tier restaurant. The biggest pain in the ass to book, but worth it to have a quality meal at Disneyland.
>Lamplight Lounge
Not bad, but pretty overrated. Some stuff was great, some was bad, and some was just okay. We didn't get any drinks, but apparently they have a huge drink menu. Great views of the Incredicoaster if you sit outside. Would have been much cooler if I was a Pixar superfan.
>Oga's Cantina
Fun atmosphere, and closer to the OT cantina than anything in the new movies. Drinks are fun but incredibly weak. Not really a place to spend lots of time.
>Trader Sam's
Outside deck is boring, inside has soul. Much better drinks than Oga's. Funny stuff happens when certain drinks are ordered, like a volcano erupting outside or barstools sinking into the ground. It's a spectacle.
I haven't done Blue Bayou recently, but when I last went you were paying for the atmosphere. The food is just okay. At least they added a bar pretty recently.
>>
>>2118043
>Have anyone of you ever eaten at any of the disney/universal/theme park restaurants?
I ate at the Be Our Guest restaurant at Lunch, pretty nice
>>
>>2118062
Like >>2118058 I never read a single book or watched one movie and I thought it was really fun
>>
>>2118058
I would agree with this except that Escape from Gringotts is the worst ride of the resort.
Or at least as bad as FnF.
In both of them the queue is a far more memorable experience than the ride, how the fuck do you even manage that?
>>
>>2118090
>Disney trivia autists who hate IP rides with a burning passion. Most of them love Universal though, and literally every ride they make has some media connection. Go figure.
The issue is that Disney used to make a good mix of IP and non-IP attractions, with many of their best rides being non-IP. Universal, on the other hand, has always made IP attraction almost exclusively. Thus, the shift at Disney is losing part of the charm of those parks, while at Universal, it's just par for the course. It doesn't help that a lot of the IP infusion over the past decade or so at Disney has been very low effort.
>>
>>2118026
Nah, I went one time with my family. My dad gives zero fucks about Harry Potter but when we turned the corner to see the castle in the distance even my dad had to admit he was legitimately impressed. He liked Forbidden Journey too.
>>
>>2118058
Only ride that is fun is the motorbike ride, everything else sucks. HP is just a bunch of ride simulators. The one in the castle is the most sick I have ever gotten on any ride ever. Worse than any coaster or carnival ride like graviton. Gringots is a downgrade from mummy. The train between IOA and US is the biggest waist of time ever. Why anyone would want to wait over an hour for that is beyond retarded.

>>2118043
Best restaurants at Disney are usually outside the parks. Though Tiffins is solid and so is Takumi Tai. California Grill, Victoria and Albert, Citrico, and Sanaa. If you include stuff on property but not really Disney you have Capa, Jaleo, and Bull and Bear.
>>
>>2118346
Gringotts mogs HRRR and it’s not even close dawg
>>
>>2118644
>Why anyone would want to wait over an hour for that is beyond retarded
Agreed, but when you go on an absolutely dead day, and it only takes like 5 minutes to get on, it beats walking to the other side
>>
>>2118645
The Mummy is a better ride than Gringots. HRRR is top 3 at Universal.
>>
>>2118648
Well, the Mummy is easily the best ride at Studios, so that's to be expected. I think Gringotts is a bit over-hyped, but still pretty good. No way is it worse than F&F, Simpsons, Minions, or the atrocity that is Jimmy Fallon.
>>
>>2118043
I'm a cheap bastard, so I can't speak to the high-end restaurants, but if you want decent food that won't break the bank:
>Magic Kingdom
Pretty shit when it comes to counter service. I've heard good things about some of the table service places, but nothing I can confirm.
>EPCOT
Easiest park to eat good at. I typically just grab something in the World Showcase or a festival booth. Biergarten in Germany isn't fantastic food wise, but if you're visiting for the Holidays, the atmosphere can't be beat there.
>Hollywood Studios
Both restaurants in Galaxy's Edge are good. I prefer Ronto Roasters for quality to value, but the other one has more variety.
>Animal Kingdom
Sau'tuli Canteen is one of the best counter service restaurants in the parks. I've heard good things about other places, like Flame Tree, but I haven't tried them yet.
>Universal Studios
Both Harry Potter restaurants are decent and well-themed. Mythos is great, and the go-to spot in Islands. You can also hop over to City Walk for a variety of options.
>>
>>2118645
>>2118670
>Gringotts
>screen, move slowly on perfectly flat track, screen
>repeat
Is just as bad as F&F, fuck you for comparing it to a good classic sim ride like Simpsons (Still miss the BTTF iteration tho)
Havent tried minions nor JF, no comment.
>>
>>2118696
>Ronto Roasters
Based. Literally one of the best quick service restaurants in the park at Disneyland.
>>
>>2118755
>t. Roastie
>>
>>2118296
That's why you are a hobo. Not reading the books yet still managed to enjoy HP land shows that you might have autism
>>
>>2118705
Simpsons sucks
>>
>>2118935
>>2118705
And Gringotts is not as bad as F&F because at least it places you in the action, on F&F you literally just watch shit happen around you, nothing actually happens “to” you
>>
>>2118937
I do get some enjoyment out of just how shitty and awkward F&F is. Jimmy Fallon is the worst ride in my opinion. Just horribly unfunny. Watching the pre-show for that ride was the most excruciating experience I've had in a theme park. Universal needs to trash those two rides and replace Kids' Zone for Studios to start to be on par with Islands.
>>
>>2118670
>>2119049
Strangely I went with some family and friends recently and the kids thought the Jimmy Fallon was the best ride at Universal. This was 12 kids that thought it was the best ride there. They still thought that after doing every other ride in the park.
>>
>>2119310
That is extremely disheartening.
>>
>>2119313
I was shocked but if its a hit with kids, it really doesn't matter what others think.
>>
Bros… When I was actually at HHN I thought it was just slightly above your typical Cedar Fair Haunt… Then I went to KI’s Haunt opening night and oh, man, it was bad, understaffed as hell, only five houses, oh fuck… I want to go back but there’s no way I could afford to, bros…
>>
>>2119938
God I fucking hate being a poor 21-year-old wage slave still living at home, I don’t want to shit up the thread blog posting but fuck, I had a decent full-time job lined up that I should’ve been a shoe-in for and instead the hiring manager decided to pass up me and the next 11 or more people that he interviewed despite the place being desperate for workers for an entry-level position, even if I could somehow get a job and put in a solid 40-hour week HHN would probably be over by then. I wish I wasn’t so financially retarded.
>>
Fuck, I’m sorry for that self-pitying blogposting at 3am last night guys. That was unnecessary.

Let’s get some actual theme park discussion going, shall we?
>Shrek 4D and its corresponding gift shop to close permanently on January 10th
Is anyone actually upset by this? You can easily watch The Ghost of Lord Farquad as part of Shrek’s Swamp Stories or Scared Shrekless or whatever. The Mummy is going down for maintenance, which is more interesting to me. The article I saw claimed it’s going down from January 7th through late summer, which is a huge amount of time for one of the best attractions in Studios to be down. Do we think there’ll be any major updates once they’re done?
>>
>>2120215
>Shrek
Can't say I'll be sad to see it go, but I think there are worse attractions at Studios. Makes sense though. Studios needs some new shit, and Shrek is the easiest thing to rip out and replace while focusing on Universe. I am curious what they'll do for the Horror Nights house. Will they leave enough room for it in the new attraction, or will it be moved?

>The Mummy
Honestly, I'm really happy about this refurb. It means the Mummy is safe for a long time to come. I don't think think they'll change the story much since the newest film flopped hard, and fans love the current incarnation. I'm guessing they'll update the animatronics (they really need to), refresh some show scenes, and re-track the ride due to age.
>>
>>2120243
>the Horror Nights house
That’s a good point, I hadn’t even considered that. I mean, where else could they even build one?

>refresh some show scenes
This would be great, the past several times I’ve ridden it over the past couple years the water spritz effect to simulate the glass shattering just hasn’t gone off at all. While they’re at it, I’d love it if they could do a bit of refurb on Transformers, sometimes the mist effect when you’re up on the rooftop randomly doesn’t work, and Spider-Man could use some work too, Doc Ock’s flamethrower arm is still missing the heat effect.
>>
>>2120258
I just hope they improve the audio a bit. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I can't hear Imhotep at all for the second half of his speech in the treasure room.
>>
>>2120243
>>2120258
>>2120300
It will be back end fixes and repairs mostly. Hardly anything the guest will notice.
>>
>>2120365
Fuck!
>>
>>2115984
>I'm not that guy but still, what's the appeal of going to a Disney park being older than 10?
You can schedule your trip when all the kids are in school, pay for a nicer hotel because your overall costs are lower, and enter whatever park between 11:00-12:00 when all the families and rope-droppers are going back to their hotels for a nap. No multi-hour lines or giant crowds.
>You say rides and theming are different things, but who the fuck over the age of 10 enjoys Disney theming of all things?
Most of Epcot is designed specifically for adults. Animal Kingdom, 70% of Hollywood Studios, and around half of California Adventure are sort of “all ages” themed. Kids know the Incredibles and Guardians of the Galaxy, but they’re not getting on the rides.
Disneyland has a ton of stuff for kids, but everything is so autistically detailed it’s hard not to appreciate it.
>>
>>2113525
New to this board because I’m looking to travel a lot after making bank from crypto.

This thread is really wholesome after reading all the other coomer threads on this board. Just wanted to say god bless all of you. Really envy the joy you find in life.

You are all going to make it.
>>
>>2121121
Thanks Anon
>>
File: 1615615920987.jpg (228 KB, 1920x1440)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>2120215
>Do we think there’ll be any major updates once they’re done?
Most likely outcome is being replaced by that Dreamworks Theatre thing from Studios Hollywood
>>
>>2115977
Politely bumping my question

>>2121121
Based. Go to a cool theme park with that money, lots of choices.
>>
>>2121121
>making bank from crypto
I literally just did this with a trip to Universal Orlando. It's an absolutely based lifestyle. I recommend you travel sooner than later, the crowds are about to increase again
>>
>>2121380
Staying on site will be more expensive, unless youre staying at some 5 star resort, onsite will always be more expensive. Benefit of onsite may be the Fastpass/Lightning Lane/Genie+ or some other specials.
>>
Bumparoo
>>
>>2121492
Thanks man. Booked a stay in early november at Cheyenne, turned out to get a pretty good deal. It's my first visit in literally 17 years, so I'm pretty excited.
>>
>>2115977

If you can drive, staying offside is no big deal. Lots of hotels dotted around a big ringroad around the park. You can go extremely cheap offsite but... you get what you pay for. I stayed at this ultra budget hotel that was something like €40 a night (twin room).

It's basically two beds and a toilet/shower with the bare minimum room around the beds. I didn't actually mind the size (who cares for somewhere you just go to sleep) but the big killer was that the toilet door had 6inch gaps at the top and bottom so both people in the room hear and smell everything you do on the toilet.

There's a range of much better hotels though. The refurbish New York Art of Marvel hotel looks pretty neat but it's really hard to justify Disney prices unless you're really looking at getting fully immersed in Disney.

Remember that the breakfasts are almost universally shitty continentals so croissants, yoghurts and cold meats.
>>
>>2117664

It's pretty certain that Diagon Alley is getting expanded now. Rumours surrounding Universal are usually bang on. A Ministry of Magic elevator ride has been something it's known Universal want to build but that may be part of Epic Universe.

Poseidon's Fury is rumoured to be turning into a Legend of Zelda show involving the Temple of Time but that will probably be post-Epic Universe.
>>
>>2123429
>Poseidon's Fury is rumoured to be turning into a Legend of Zelda show
And that's how the most imaginative part of Universal dies, not with a bang but a whimper.
A very sad whimper.
>>
>>2119944
See I'm somewhat based. Although a wagie myself I'm employed by a Cedar Fair park so I at least get in free at not only their parks but (close) competing parks that they have agreements with.
>>
>>2123809
KD, CGA, or Knotts?
Those are the only three I can think of that have any competing parks close to them.
>>
>>2123735

It's never been the same since that Darkanon stuff. Do they even have someone controlling the fountain outside any more?
>>
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/thisishowwerollmovie

Anyone knows how to rip from vimeo?
>>
>>2123809
I am also employed by a CF park but I don’t like posting about it because it always devolves into blogposting about how I can’t stand guests and one guy who trolls me about it.
>>
>>2123984
Not that Anon, I’m this one >>2124808, I work at KI and we get into Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom, Dollywood, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and Six Flags America. We used to get into Kennywood but not this year.
>>
>>2124016
They did when I went last winter and this past spring but not when I went during HHN last month
>>
>>2123984
KD.

>>2124809
I’m surprised you get the last two being such a distance away because that’s what we get plus Dollywood. I *think* we also get Hersheypark but it’s been a bit since checking last.
>>
>>2124016
Yeah. I was there last month and had a chat with him. Seems he may only have been active at certain times since crowds were really low, but he's around none the less. I hope that they keep him in some way even if they re-theme the land. I love the interactive characters at Universal.
>>
>>2124882
>I’m surprised you get the last two being such a distance away
So am I. I don’t think I’ll be going to SFA because I heard it’s shit, but I don’t know. I used to work Firehawk, so any chance to ride a Vekoma Flying Dutchman is a chance I’ll take. I’ll probably just get a SF membership next year, probably use Great America as my home park for those purposes since I only live about 6 hours away, could be fun for some weekend trips maybe. I do want to go to Busch at some point this month since it’s pretty expensive without my free admission and I’m probably not going back to KI next year being that it’s my sixth season and I’m just tired of it at this point, but even with free admission I probably can’t afford to go to Virginia again this year (I went to KD and Carowinds in June) even with free Busch admission. But I know my gf also wanted to try to go back to KD at some point this year so maybe I can try to work something out.
>>
>>2120914
building off of what you said about epcot:
i was talking with my dad and my husband about going to disney for a vacation (we don't have kids)
husband was unconvinced, but dad got nostalgic
"i took daughter to disney 3 times when she was a kid, and it was always a blast. which disney trip was my favorite, though?"
husband guessing the one when i was youngest
"NO, it was when i went with my college roommates for a spontaneous weekend and we got drunk at epcot"
additionally, he had fond memories of eating and drinking through epcot with my mom when one night when my aunt took me and my cousin to magic kingdom
we ended up doing the same thing, it was, indeed, a blast
>>
>>2124912
>I hope that they keep him in some way even if they re-theme the land. I love the interactive characters at Universal.
Do you think he’ll still be there in early December? I have all kinds of silly roleplay stuff I want to say, but it looks like he’s a little more serious with adults and I don’t want to come off as weird.
Also just discovered how fun coasters are and excited to try stuff I was terrified of as a kid.
>>
>>2125853
Yeah, he should definitely be there. The land is going to be re-themed any time soon (it's only really at risk once Universe opens). He's not too serious with anyone either. Our whole talk was about Poseidon not being in his house for so long, wondering where he is.
>>
>>2125885
Sorry, meant the land ISN'T going to be re-themed any time soon.
>>
File: maverick-1400x780.jpg (272 KB, 1400x780)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
We need more rollercoasting posting.
Some years back I was at Cedar Point with my parents. We were walking up to Maverick going through that first switchback of the queue before you go over that bridge. The line wasn't long enough to reach back into it yet so it was partially open on the ends with the chains. Anyway we follow the queue path because my mother has a bad knee and walks with a cane. It's not too bad but bad enough she doesn't want to climb over the cattle pin to get to the line.
A couple groups of people are polite and just follow behind us. We aren't that slow. Then a couple niggers jump in front of us little before we reach the end of the line. Think what ever, friggen trash' until like 6 or 7 more jump in with them right as we reach the end of the line. So 8 or 9 niggers jump in front of my parents and I as well as three other groups or so at this point.
The three of us seem to be the only ones upset. We confront them, they reply "Naw we wer in a group mayne! Were together." They weren't polite Ignoring the fact they cut in the first place. Trying to talk to the people around us and groups behind us, I can't remember too well but I don't think they said anything. They just accepted it. I guess they were too afraid of getting beat up or called a racist.
I think my mother told a ride op at the station what happened, but they probably did nothing. It's not so much that 8 or 9 bodies is really gonna make us or anyone wait that much longer, its that niggardly behavior is tolerated by everyone. Shitters got away with being disrespectful and rude. Hate it.
>>
>>2127483
>Lets talk coasters
>niggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggernigger
Literally rent free on your pathetic little mind, holy shit.
>>
File: MagnumEvening.jpg (223 KB, 1800x981)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>2127738
I said more roller coaster posting, talking can just be to post more than an image. This thread has so few images.
>nigger
I can say what ever the hell I want. Just cause they pissed me off doesn't mean I sit here and seethe all day about it. I'm telling a story.

I have other stories about rollercoasters. My friend and I were at Cedar Point for a few days. First night we got the last ride on Magnum and that was sweet. Second day we rode Steel Vengeance 7 times and twice in a row right before closing. They closed the line after the second time and we felt beat up anyway.
>>
>>2127483
>I think my mother told a ride op at the station what happened, but they probably did nothing
At KI the policy is two groups have to report it before action can be taken, otherwise we can’t do shit. I’d assume it’s the same at CP.
>>
>>2127483
>niggardly
Niggardly means stingy/miserly you retard
>>
Anyone have promotional material for ride manufacturers? I've got a bunch of pdfs of old Arrow ones I found online. I think its neat to look through.

>>2128097
Figures, thanks for the insight though.
>>2128099
ha, didn't realize I did that. I'll own that, that is retarded.
>>
>>2128160
Sorry for calling you a retard. Yeah, I have an entire 36-page Intamin towers brochure saved to my phone. My favorite part is where they claim they can manufacture the Paris Tower (i.e. the Eiffel Tower at KI/KD) at any height up to and exceeding that of the real Eiffel Tower in Paris.
>>
>>2128160
there was an arrow press CD uploaded on youtube with some different layout designs for the 4D model, made before they went bankrupt. someof the layouts look cool though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Noqby3ntA
>>
>>2128490
>590ft/min
>50 guests per elevator

Both parks operate with a cap of 35 per elevator. Not sure if the manufacturer was different post brochure or both parks wanted consistency. Also I think KD may run elevators a bit slower than KI.
>>
>>2128490
>My favorite part is where they claim they can manufacture the Paris Tower (i.e. the Eiffel Tower at KI/KD).

Well the Eiffel Tower was made out of prefabricated components and designed to be installed quickly, cheaply and then removed after the fair it was built for. The fact that what was intended to be a temporary structure became the city landmark was and is kind of controversial.
>>
File: arrow_ad_193.jpg (370 KB, 864x1105)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>2128490
Nah it's fine. That's pretty neat though. I don't doubt Intamin could build an Eiffel Tower taller than the real one, but I don't think anybody would buy that. The cost and of course the fact some theme park built a bigger Eiffel than the real one, seems unappealing.
>>2128559
Ah, yes I remember seeing this. Some neat stuff. Reminds me of that History of Arrow Development documentary. I thought that was a pretty good watch.
>>
File: taron_10.jpg (232 KB, 1440x900)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
Bumping with based Taron

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.