[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Maverick_Sunset.jpg (251 KB, 2048x1341)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
Maverick edition

Previous Thread: >>2036677

>What is this?
/rcg/ was created as a way for the rollercoaster enthusiasts on here to discuss all things rollercoasters, as well as amusement parks in general.

Roller Coaster Database:
>https://rcdb.com/

Amusement Park News Sites:
>https://www.themeparkinsider.com/
>https://www.screamscape.com/
>https://www.coaster101.com/
>https://www.themeparktourist.com/news

Disney Parks News:
>https://allears.net/
>https://wdwnt.com/
>>
NOTABLE NEWS AS OF 26/09/21:

>Top Thrill Dragster will be closed for the rest of the 2021 season following an accident where an L-bracket fell from the car and hit a woman, causing serious injury
>Wicked Twister is permanently closed and is being removed
>Walibi Belgium flooded last summer which caused damage to the rides. A reopening is slated for this october according to the park itself
>Do-Dodonpa closed after four riders suffered spinal injuries from the ride
>Disney is replacing their FastPass system with a paid feature in their new park app called "Disney Genie" which garnered controversy upon its announcement
>Demolition of Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom finally underway, people still wondering why Disney had a wild mouse for this long
>Six Flags Magic Mountain is building a new RMC coaster on Green Lantern's old spot
>Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood being painted purple
>Halloween Haunt to return to various Cedar Fair parks for the 2021 season
>Iron gwazi still not open
>>
>>2113531
>Iron gwazi still not open
I've seen videos suggesting something is wrong with it but I don't think that's the case, they just didn't want the coof to ruin their new ride's debut. I think they waited a season too long though.
>>
>>2113531
>Demolition of Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom finally underway, people still wondering why Disney had a wild mouse for this long.
That whole section of Dinoland needs to be demolished. Disney should focus on fixing that before wasting their money re-theming a classic which still brings in big crowds.
>>
Mission: Space is one of the greatest rides at Disney World and I'm tired of pretending that it's not
>>
>>2113721
I'm not sure I'd call it one of the greatest, but I enjoy it a lot. I really don't understand the hate for it. It's definitely in the top half of EPCOT rides.
>>
File: 1611727114053.png (16 KB, 379x214)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>2113721
>Gina Torres is now in the pre-show instead of Gary Sinise
>>
>>2113976
OH NO NO NO
>>
What is the appeal of going to a disney park when you are older than 10? The rides are always boring.
>>
>>2113638

Seaworld owed RMC 3.5 million dollars in 2020. Seaworld didnt pay because of the coof harming profits so the theory goes, that RMC presumably walked away with the keys to the ride and wouldn't allow it to open until they could pay up in full.
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-bz-coronavirus-seaworld-construction-liens-20200616-olovgxilybbetnorlkhho5xuzq-story.html
>>
>>2114225
Based RMC, there’s no way Busch legitimately couldn’t afford to pay up
>>
>>2114221
The sekret sex club
>>
>>2114221
Appreciating the craftsmanship and effort that went into the themeing of the park, the focus on immersion etc.
Yes I know it's autistic
>>
>>2114221
The booze and restaurants
>>
>>2114248
>there’s no way Busch legitimately couldn’t afford to pay up
Yes, use up a massive chunk of your cash reserves while there are no ways to capitalize on the ride you're paying for, great thinking, will take you far on the business world.
>>
>>2114221
>doesn’t understand the difference between a theme park and an amusement park. No one goes to Disney to experience the rides
>>
Any other yuropoors here? I'm planning on going to Disneyland Paris with my sister in november, and I'm wondering what you guys do for accomodation. Do you stay on site or not? I was thinking off site would probably be cheaper, but if there's any significant pros worth the money I could reconsider.
>>
>>2115435
I'm not that guy but still, what's the appeal of going to a Disney park being older than 10? You say rides and theming are different things, but who the fuck over the age of 10 enjoys Disney theming of all things? I know Japanese girls do but they are basically children.
>>
>>2115984
When you go to Star Wars land and see a true to size Millenium Falcon, X-Wing, and AT-AT, you get really immersed in it.
>>
>>2115984
>You say rides and theming are different things, but who the fuck over the age of 10 enjoys Disney theming of all things?
10 year olds don’t recognize Aerosmith, Indiana Jones, Rod Sterling, Jules Verne, or TRON unless they were told by their parents. They probably don’t care about sledding down a random mountain or really understand the danger of climbing Everest, and they weren’t even born when Avatar came out. It’s just a random sci-fi planet to them.
They’d definitely recognize the Incredibles and the Guardians of the Galaxy, but those rides aren’t aimed at young kids and the Incredicoaster isn’t a shining example of great theming. They could like Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, and Soarin’, but none of those are uniquely childish. SM is basically a futuristic airport.
>>
>>2117510
>Aerosmith
I will be forever grateful that Islands of Adventure is a thing and disney cant go full mahvel autism on the Orlando parks.
>>
>>2117224
star wars land is underwhelming though since they cut the budget before construction started
>>
>>2117563
I'll be forever grateful Islands of Adventure is a thing so that the Marvel Land we have in Orlando is a fun, 90s comic-inspired cheese fest rather than the dull, uninspired shit Disney opened in Cali.
>>
File: Migu.gif (277 KB, 270x200)
277 KB
277 KB GIF
>>2117612
>So he says
>When the Hulk has already been re-themed
I legit care more about the theming of the Tower of Terror and the Rock & Roller Coaster than that of IoA.
OTOH, new Ride on Toon Lagoon when?
>>
>>2117623
Eh, the Hulk re-theme still feels way more comic-booky than that shitty Avengers Campus. It's still cheesy, just not 90s anymore. I agree that ToT's theming becoming like the one in Cali would be a travesty, but IoA doesn't actually prevent that since the Guardians of the Galaxy aren't present there. Thankfully (sort of) Disney already has a GotG ride coming to WDW, so ToT is probably safe.
>OTOH, new Ride on Toon Lagoon when?
Probably no time soon since Universal really needs to focus on US now. If they do do something in IoA, I'd rather get a new ride in Lost Continent since it only has one (temporarily closed) attraction. Give Universal Creative a chance to make something wholly original again. I doubt that'll happen though.
>>
>>2117651
>Universal really needs to focus on US now
>now
You mean after they finish the 3rd park?
>>
>>2117657
Yeah, I doubt they'll add any major expansion to Studios before Universe opens but I'm hopeful they'll add/update at least one attraction in the lead-up years. Studios is really lacking compared to Islands, so I hope it gets some real attention soon.
>>
>>2117564
What was cut due to budgets?
>>
>>2117664
They added the HP shit. That will be good for the next decade.
>>
>>2117820
A lot of the immersive elements like a diner theatre, bounty hunters who would be after you if you scored badly on the smuggler's run ride, fights in the streets between Rey and stormtroopers, etc. There was even gonna be a peoplemover-style Bantha ride around the land.
Instead we got a bunch of gift shops
>>
>>2117510
>>2117224
So the people who enjoy Disney theming are the "omg i got that epic reference hecking upboated!!!" reddit cunts who base their entertainment entirely on popular culture references and who can't enjoy things not inspired in media. Gotcha.
>>
>>2117846
Dinner show was added to the hotel. They know star wars nuts will pay $6000 for a 2 day trip.
Characters interactions would have been disastrous precovid with the crowd levels and now they still aren't really doing f2f interactions.

Bantha ride never made it past very small scale testing, which is normal for Disney and Universal. So much stuff gets scrapped because there just aren't people that know how to make it happen. Considering the ratatouille ride was released 1 year before the trackless technology to make it look it realistic just wasn't available.
>>
>>2117917
Same for Universal. HP land is garbage if you've never read the books or seen the movies.
>>
Adding to the discussion and >>2114221 's question, Have anyone of you ever eaten at any of the disney/universal/theme park restaurants?
I know disney has some interesting and new concepts (albeit pricey) like Space 220 and the ballroom one at magic kingdom but is any of it worth it as an experience?
>>
>>2118026
>HP land is garbage if you've never read the books or seen the movies.
I disagree
>>
>>2118026
Wrong
t. hasn’t read the books or paid attention to le films, still like the rides and theming
>>
>>2118044
>>2118058
HP land is a literal dumpster. Only hobos and homeless would like it
>>
File: 1619554109541.webm (2.91 MB, 960x828)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>2117917
Reddit is half what you described, half Disney trivia autists who hate IP rides with a burning passion. Most of them love Universal though, and literally every ride they make has some media connection. Go figure.
>>2118026
I've never been, but most of the rides seem fun and they didn't half-ass the immersive elements. It's sad fuckers kept throwing shit at each other on Dueling Dragons.
>>2118043
I went to Disneyland with family earlier this year and was pleasantly surprised by the restaurants. You have to book the "nicer" ones way in advance, because there are only a handful between both parks, but we got into Napa Rose, Lamplight Lounge, Oga's Cantina, and Trader Sam's.
>Napa Rose
Basically a normal mid to upper tier restaurant. The biggest pain in the ass to book, but worth it to have a quality meal at Disneyland.
>Lamplight Lounge
Not bad, but pretty overrated. Some stuff was great, some was bad, and some was just okay. We didn't get any drinks, but apparently they have a huge drink menu. Great views of the Incredicoaster if you sit outside. Would have been much cooler if I was a Pixar superfan.
>Oga's Cantina
Fun atmosphere, and closer to the OT cantina than anything in the new movies. Drinks are fun but incredibly weak. Not really a place to spend lots of time.
>Trader Sam's
Outside deck is boring, inside has soul. Much better drinks than Oga's. Funny stuff happens when certain drinks are ordered, like a volcano erupting outside or barstools sinking into the ground. It's a spectacle.
I haven't done Blue Bayou recently, but when I last went you were paying for the atmosphere. The food is just okay. At least they added a bar pretty recently.
>>
>>2118043
>Have anyone of you ever eaten at any of the disney/universal/theme park restaurants?
I ate at the Be Our Guest restaurant at Lunch, pretty nice
>>
>>2118062
Like >>2118058 I never read a single book or watched one movie and I thought it was really fun
>>
>>2118058
I would agree with this except that Escape from Gringotts is the worst ride of the resort.
Or at least as bad as FnF.
In both of them the queue is a far more memorable experience than the ride, how the fuck do you even manage that?
>>
>>2118090
>Disney trivia autists who hate IP rides with a burning passion. Most of them love Universal though, and literally every ride they make has some media connection. Go figure.
The issue is that Disney used to make a good mix of IP and non-IP attractions, with many of their best rides being non-IP. Universal, on the other hand, has always made IP attraction almost exclusively. Thus, the shift at Disney is losing part of the charm of those parks, while at Universal, it's just par for the course. It doesn't help that a lot of the IP infusion over the past decade or so at Disney has been very low effort.
>>
>>2118026
Nah, I went one time with my family. My dad gives zero fucks about Harry Potter but when we turned the corner to see the castle in the distance even my dad had to admit he was legitimately impressed. He liked Forbidden Journey too.
>>
>>2118058
Only ride that is fun is the motorbike ride, everything else sucks. HP is just a bunch of ride simulators. The one in the castle is the most sick I have ever gotten on any ride ever. Worse than any coaster or carnival ride like graviton. Gringots is a downgrade from mummy. The train between IOA and US is the biggest waist of time ever. Why anyone would want to wait over an hour for that is beyond retarded.

>>2118043
Best restaurants at Disney are usually outside the parks. Though Tiffins is solid and so is Takumi Tai. California Grill, Victoria and Albert, Citrico, and Sanaa. If you include stuff on property but not really Disney you have Capa, Jaleo, and Bull and Bear.
>>
>>2118346
Gringotts mogs HRRR and it’s not even close dawg
>>
>>2118644
>Why anyone would want to wait over an hour for that is beyond retarded
Agreed, but when you go on an absolutely dead day, and it only takes like 5 minutes to get on, it beats walking to the other side
>>
>>2118645
The Mummy is a better ride than Gringots. HRRR is top 3 at Universal.
>>
>>2118648
Well, the Mummy is easily the best ride at Studios, so that's to be expected. I think Gringotts is a bit over-hyped, but still pretty good. No way is it worse than F&F, Simpsons, Minions, or the atrocity that is Jimmy Fallon.
>>
>>2118043
I'm a cheap bastard, so I can't speak to the high-end restaurants, but if you want decent food that won't break the bank:
>Magic Kingdom
Pretty shit when it comes to counter service. I've heard good things about some of the table service places, but nothing I can confirm.
>EPCOT
Easiest park to eat good at. I typically just grab something in the World Showcase or a festival booth. Biergarten in Germany isn't fantastic food wise, but if you're visiting for the Holidays, the atmosphere can't be beat there.
>Hollywood Studios
Both restaurants in Galaxy's Edge are good. I prefer Ronto Roasters for quality to value, but the other one has more variety.
>Animal Kingdom
Sau'tuli Canteen is one of the best counter service restaurants in the parks. I've heard good things about other places, like Flame Tree, but I haven't tried them yet.
>Universal Studios
Both Harry Potter restaurants are decent and well-themed. Mythos is great, and the go-to spot in Islands. You can also hop over to City Walk for a variety of options.
>>
>>2118645
>>2118670
>Gringotts
>screen, move slowly on perfectly flat track, screen
>repeat
Is just as bad as F&F, fuck you for comparing it to a good classic sim ride like Simpsons (Still miss the BTTF iteration tho)
Havent tried minions nor JF, no comment.
>>
>>2118696
>Ronto Roasters
Based. Literally one of the best quick service restaurants in the park at Disneyland.
>>
>>2118755
>t. Roastie
>>
>>2118296
That's why you are a hobo. Not reading the books yet still managed to enjoy HP land shows that you might have autism
>>
>>2118705
Simpsons sucks
>>
>>2118935
>>2118705
And Gringotts is not as bad as F&F because at least it places you in the action, on F&F you literally just watch shit happen around you, nothing actually happens “to” you
>>
>>2118937
I do get some enjoyment out of just how shitty and awkward F&F is. Jimmy Fallon is the worst ride in my opinion. Just horribly unfunny. Watching the pre-show for that ride was the most excruciating experience I've had in a theme park. Universal needs to trash those two rides and replace Kids' Zone for Studios to start to be on par with Islands.
>>
>>2118670
>>2119049
Strangely I went with some family and friends recently and the kids thought the Jimmy Fallon was the best ride at Universal. This was 12 kids that thought it was the best ride there. They still thought that after doing every other ride in the park.
>>
>>2119310
That is extremely disheartening.
>>
>>2119313
I was shocked but if its a hit with kids, it really doesn't matter what others think.
>>
Bros… When I was actually at HHN I thought it was just slightly above your typical Cedar Fair Haunt… Then I went to KI’s Haunt opening night and oh, man, it was bad, understaffed as hell, only five houses, oh fuck… I want to go back but there’s no way I could afford to, bros…
>>
>>2119938
God I fucking hate being a poor 21-year-old wage slave still living at home, I don’t want to shit up the thread blog posting but fuck, I had a decent full-time job lined up that I should’ve been a shoe-in for and instead the hiring manager decided to pass up me and the next 11 or more people that he interviewed despite the place being desperate for workers for an entry-level position, even if I could somehow get a job and put in a solid 40-hour week HHN would probably be over by then. I wish I wasn’t so financially retarded.
>>
Fuck, I’m sorry for that self-pitying blogposting at 3am last night guys. That was unnecessary.

Let’s get some actual theme park discussion going, shall we?
>Shrek 4D and its corresponding gift shop to close permanently on January 10th
Is anyone actually upset by this? You can easily watch The Ghost of Lord Farquad as part of Shrek’s Swamp Stories or Scared Shrekless or whatever. The Mummy is going down for maintenance, which is more interesting to me. The article I saw claimed it’s going down from January 7th through late summer, which is a huge amount of time for one of the best attractions in Studios to be down. Do we think there’ll be any major updates once they’re done?
>>
>>2120215
>Shrek
Can't say I'll be sad to see it go, but I think there are worse attractions at Studios. Makes sense though. Studios needs some new shit, and Shrek is the easiest thing to rip out and replace while focusing on Universe. I am curious what they'll do for the Horror Nights house. Will they leave enough room for it in the new attraction, or will it be moved?

>The Mummy
Honestly, I'm really happy about this refurb. It means the Mummy is safe for a long time to come. I don't think think they'll change the story much since the newest film flopped hard, and fans love the current incarnation. I'm guessing they'll update the animatronics (they really need to), refresh some show scenes, and re-track the ride due to age.
>>
>>2120243
>the Horror Nights house
That’s a good point, I hadn’t even considered that. I mean, where else could they even build one?

>refresh some show scenes
This would be great, the past several times I’ve ridden it over the past couple years the water spritz effect to simulate the glass shattering just hasn’t gone off at all. While they’re at it, I’d love it if they could do a bit of refurb on Transformers, sometimes the mist effect when you’re up on the rooftop randomly doesn’t work, and Spider-Man could use some work too, Doc Ock’s flamethrower arm is still missing the heat effect.
>>
>>2120258
I just hope they improve the audio a bit. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I can't hear Imhotep at all for the second half of his speech in the treasure room.
>>
>>2120243
>>2120258
>>2120300
It will be back end fixes and repairs mostly. Hardly anything the guest will notice.
>>
>>2120365
Fuck!
>>
>>2115984
>I'm not that guy but still, what's the appeal of going to a Disney park being older than 10?
You can schedule your trip when all the kids are in school, pay for a nicer hotel because your overall costs are lower, and enter whatever park between 11:00-12:00 when all the families and rope-droppers are going back to their hotels for a nap. No multi-hour lines or giant crowds.
>You say rides and theming are different things, but who the fuck over the age of 10 enjoys Disney theming of all things?
Most of Epcot is designed specifically for adults. Animal Kingdom, 70% of Hollywood Studios, and around half of California Adventure are sort of “all ages” themed. Kids know the Incredibles and Guardians of the Galaxy, but they’re not getting on the rides.
Disneyland has a ton of stuff for kids, but everything is so autistically detailed it’s hard not to appreciate it.
>>
>>2113525
New to this board because I’m looking to travel a lot after making bank from crypto.

This thread is really wholesome after reading all the other coomer threads on this board. Just wanted to say god bless all of you. Really envy the joy you find in life.

You are all going to make it.
>>
>>2121121
Thanks Anon
>>
File: 1615615920987.jpg (228 KB, 1920x1440)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>2120215
>Do we think there’ll be any major updates once they’re done?
Most likely outcome is being replaced by that Dreamworks Theatre thing from Studios Hollywood
>>
>>2115977
Politely bumping my question

>>2121121
Based. Go to a cool theme park with that money, lots of choices.
>>
>>2121121
>making bank from crypto
I literally just did this with a trip to Universal Orlando. It's an absolutely based lifestyle. I recommend you travel sooner than later, the crowds are about to increase again
>>
>>2121380
Staying on site will be more expensive, unless youre staying at some 5 star resort, onsite will always be more expensive. Benefit of onsite may be the Fastpass/Lightning Lane/Genie+ or some other specials.
>>
Bumparoo
>>
>>2121492
Thanks man. Booked a stay in early november at Cheyenne, turned out to get a pretty good deal. It's my first visit in literally 17 years, so I'm pretty excited.
>>
>>2115977

If you can drive, staying offside is no big deal. Lots of hotels dotted around a big ringroad around the park. You can go extremely cheap offsite but... you get what you pay for. I stayed at this ultra budget hotel that was something like €40 a night (twin room).

It's basically two beds and a toilet/shower with the bare minimum room around the beds. I didn't actually mind the size (who cares for somewhere you just go to sleep) but the big killer was that the toilet door had 6inch gaps at the top and bottom so both people in the room hear and smell everything you do on the toilet.

There's a range of much better hotels though. The refurbish New York Art of Marvel hotel looks pretty neat but it's really hard to justify Disney prices unless you're really looking at getting fully immersed in Disney.

Remember that the breakfasts are almost universally shitty continentals so croissants, yoghurts and cold meats.
>>
>>2117664

It's pretty certain that Diagon Alley is getting expanded now. Rumours surrounding Universal are usually bang on. A Ministry of Magic elevator ride has been something it's known Universal want to build but that may be part of Epic Universe.

Poseidon's Fury is rumoured to be turning into a Legend of Zelda show involving the Temple of Time but that will probably be post-Epic Universe.
>>
>>2123429
>Poseidon's Fury is rumoured to be turning into a Legend of Zelda show
And that's how the most imaginative part of Universal dies, not with a bang but a whimper.
A very sad whimper.
>>
>>2119944
See I'm somewhat based. Although a wagie myself I'm employed by a Cedar Fair park so I at least get in free at not only their parks but (close) competing parks that they have agreements with.
>>
>>2123809
KD, CGA, or Knotts?
Those are the only three I can think of that have any competing parks close to them.
>>
>>2123735

It's never been the same since that Darkanon stuff. Do they even have someone controlling the fountain outside any more?
>>
https://vimeo.com/ondemand/thisishowwerollmovie

Anyone knows how to rip from vimeo?
>>
>>2123809
I am also employed by a CF park but I don’t like posting about it because it always devolves into blogposting about how I can’t stand guests and one guy who trolls me about it.
>>
>>2123984
Not that Anon, I’m this one >>2124808, I work at KI and we get into Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom, Dollywood, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and Six Flags America. We used to get into Kennywood but not this year.
>>
>>2124016
They did when I went last winter and this past spring but not when I went during HHN last month
>>
>>2123984
KD.

>>2124809
I’m surprised you get the last two being such a distance away because that’s what we get plus Dollywood. I *think* we also get Hersheypark but it’s been a bit since checking last.
>>
>>2124016
Yeah. I was there last month and had a chat with him. Seems he may only have been active at certain times since crowds were really low, but he's around none the less. I hope that they keep him in some way even if they re-theme the land. I love the interactive characters at Universal.
>>
>>2124882
>I’m surprised you get the last two being such a distance away
So am I. I don’t think I’ll be going to SFA because I heard it’s shit, but I don’t know. I used to work Firehawk, so any chance to ride a Vekoma Flying Dutchman is a chance I’ll take. I’ll probably just get a SF membership next year, probably use Great America as my home park for those purposes since I only live about 6 hours away, could be fun for some weekend trips maybe. I do want to go to Busch at some point this month since it’s pretty expensive without my free admission and I’m probably not going back to KI next year being that it’s my sixth season and I’m just tired of it at this point, but even with free admission I probably can’t afford to go to Virginia again this year (I went to KD and Carowinds in June) even with free Busch admission. But I know my gf also wanted to try to go back to KD at some point this year so maybe I can try to work something out.
>>
>>2120914
building off of what you said about epcot:
i was talking with my dad and my husband about going to disney for a vacation (we don't have kids)
husband was unconvinced, but dad got nostalgic
"i took daughter to disney 3 times when she was a kid, and it was always a blast. which disney trip was my favorite, though?"
husband guessing the one when i was youngest
"NO, it was when i went with my college roommates for a spontaneous weekend and we got drunk at epcot"
additionally, he had fond memories of eating and drinking through epcot with my mom when one night when my aunt took me and my cousin to magic kingdom
we ended up doing the same thing, it was, indeed, a blast
>>
>>2124912
>I hope that they keep him in some way even if they re-theme the land. I love the interactive characters at Universal.
Do you think he’ll still be there in early December? I have all kinds of silly roleplay stuff I want to say, but it looks like he’s a little more serious with adults and I don’t want to come off as weird.
Also just discovered how fun coasters are and excited to try stuff I was terrified of as a kid.
>>
>>2125853
Yeah, he should definitely be there. The land is going to be re-themed any time soon (it's only really at risk once Universe opens). He's not too serious with anyone either. Our whole talk was about Poseidon not being in his house for so long, wondering where he is.
>>
>>2125885
Sorry, meant the land ISN'T going to be re-themed any time soon.
>>
File: maverick-1400x780.jpg (272 KB, 1400x780)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
We need more rollercoasting posting.
Some years back I was at Cedar Point with my parents. We were walking up to Maverick going through that first switchback of the queue before you go over that bridge. The line wasn't long enough to reach back into it yet so it was partially open on the ends with the chains. Anyway we follow the queue path because my mother has a bad knee and walks with a cane. It's not too bad but bad enough she doesn't want to climb over the cattle pin to get to the line.
A couple groups of people are polite and just follow behind us. We aren't that slow. Then a couple niggers jump in front of us little before we reach the end of the line. Think what ever, friggen trash' until like 6 or 7 more jump in with them right as we reach the end of the line. So 8 or 9 niggers jump in front of my parents and I as well as three other groups or so at this point.
The three of us seem to be the only ones upset. We confront them, they reply "Naw we wer in a group mayne! Were together." They weren't polite Ignoring the fact they cut in the first place. Trying to talk to the people around us and groups behind us, I can't remember too well but I don't think they said anything. They just accepted it. I guess they were too afraid of getting beat up or called a racist.
I think my mother told a ride op at the station what happened, but they probably did nothing. It's not so much that 8 or 9 bodies is really gonna make us or anyone wait that much longer, its that niggardly behavior is tolerated by everyone. Shitters got away with being disrespectful and rude. Hate it.
>>
>>2127483
>Lets talk coasters
>niggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggerniggernigger
Literally rent free on your pathetic little mind, holy shit.
>>
File: MagnumEvening.jpg (223 KB, 1800x981)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>2127738
I said more roller coaster posting, talking can just be to post more than an image. This thread has so few images.
>nigger
I can say what ever the hell I want. Just cause they pissed me off doesn't mean I sit here and seethe all day about it. I'm telling a story.

I have other stories about rollercoasters. My friend and I were at Cedar Point for a few days. First night we got the last ride on Magnum and that was sweet. Second day we rode Steel Vengeance 7 times and twice in a row right before closing. They closed the line after the second time and we felt beat up anyway.
>>
>>2127483
>I think my mother told a ride op at the station what happened, but they probably did nothing
At KI the policy is two groups have to report it before action can be taken, otherwise we can’t do shit. I’d assume it’s the same at CP.
>>
>>2127483
>niggardly
Niggardly means stingy/miserly you retard
>>
Anyone have promotional material for ride manufacturers? I've got a bunch of pdfs of old Arrow ones I found online. I think its neat to look through.

>>2128097
Figures, thanks for the insight though.
>>2128099
ha, didn't realize I did that. I'll own that, that is retarded.
>>
>>2128160
Sorry for calling you a retard. Yeah, I have an entire 36-page Intamin towers brochure saved to my phone. My favorite part is where they claim they can manufacture the Paris Tower (i.e. the Eiffel Tower at KI/KD) at any height up to and exceeding that of the real Eiffel Tower in Paris.
>>
>>2128160
there was an arrow press CD uploaded on youtube with some different layout designs for the 4D model, made before they went bankrupt. someof the layouts look cool though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Noqby3ntA
>>
>>2128490
>590ft/min
>50 guests per elevator

Both parks operate with a cap of 35 per elevator. Not sure if the manufacturer was different post brochure or both parks wanted consistency. Also I think KD may run elevators a bit slower than KI.
>>
>>2128490
>My favorite part is where they claim they can manufacture the Paris Tower (i.e. the Eiffel Tower at KI/KD).

Well the Eiffel Tower was made out of prefabricated components and designed to be installed quickly, cheaply and then removed after the fair it was built for. The fact that what was intended to be a temporary structure became the city landmark was and is kind of controversial.
>>
File: arrow_ad_193.jpg (370 KB, 864x1105)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>2128490
Nah it's fine. That's pretty neat though. I don't doubt Intamin could build an Eiffel Tower taller than the real one, but I don't think anybody would buy that. The cost and of course the fact some theme park built a bigger Eiffel than the real one, seems unappealing.
>>2128559
Ah, yes I remember seeing this. Some neat stuff. Reminds me of that History of Arrow Development documentary. I thought that was a pretty good watch.
>>
File: taron_10.jpg (232 KB, 1440x900)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
Bumping with based Taron
>>
>>2130666
based taron enjoyer with satan trips
i wonder if those ladders in that picture are actually climbable or if they're made of a cheap material that's not meant to withstand weight. You could probably get some really good camera pictures of the ride from up there.
>>
>>2130855
I doubt it's safe to climb up there. Would probably make for some cool pictures, but on the other hand being that high up probably ruins the sightlines since you're likely to be able to see other parts of the park, ruining the immersion.
>>
Bump
>>
File: 1635373190858.png (402 KB, 539x512)
402 KB
402 KB PNG
this article went viral and was and posted on /ck/, how legitimate is this and do you think we'll see parks make a change in their season pass agreements if too many people start doing this type of thing?
>>
>>2132946
You'd have to live/work very very close to the theme park for this to be even remotely viable. No one's going to drive one hour to a theme park for lunch and dinner every single day.

Also, I'd be worried about nutritional deficiencies. No vitamin c? No vegetables for 7 years? Soda for every meal for 7 years? Also, not all Six Flags locations are open year round. Some of them close in the winter.

Good for him, though. People with this amount of self-sacrifice deserve to get ahead in life.
>>
>>2132957
He did say that he got sick of certain foods and ended up drinking water and sticking to the healthier options available. Another problem was time. On days where the park was busy he wouldn't have enough time to make it to the back of the park to eat, he'd have to get something near the main entrance so he could get back to work on schedule. On less crowded days he'd go to the back of the park and even jump on a ride if he had the time. Eventually being in a serious relationship meant not eating there daily.

I think the quality of theme park food (even at nice parks) is overall pretty poor and I'd get fucking sick of it quick.
>>
>>2132946
Is that Kumba?
>>
>>2133016
Riddler's Revenge at SFMM.
Though I did see an article that used i305 as a pic.
>>
No Europapark bros here? It‘s a pretty small park but pretty alright and the theming is bretty good. I got a lot of tips if anyone wants to go.
>>
>>2133346
I gotta head out to Germany at some point, you guys have a bunch of really nice parks. How would you compare them? The big two are Phantasialand and Europa Park of course, but Tripsdrill looks comfy as fuck as well
>>
>>2132946
this is like that greentext about using gamestop as a bank
>>
>>2133771
That’s a classic
>>
>>2133695
Hansa Park and Movie Park Germany are also pretty big.
>>
Ideally in a few years I want to go on a Eurotrip. Which parks/countries are worth visiting outside of England and Germany? I’d probably also hit Romania for like a day to grab burgers with one of my online friends but I don’t think there are any good coasties there.
>>
>>2135813
just based off of quality coasters
poland has energylandia and legendia
italy has mirabilandia
france has parc asterix and a trimless raptor clone at walygator parc
>>
>>2135813
forgot to mention that sweden has liseberg and wildfire at kolmarden
also theres the walibi belgium and holland parks

best way of finding stuff is just rcdb
>>
>>2135938
>>2135939
>didn't even mention Efteling or Gronalund
>>
>>2135939
>sweden
Nice, I was looking for an excuse to go to Scandinavia, the whole region seems nice
>>
>>2135938
>trimless raptor
Hory shet
>>
File: cheetah bump.webm (2.51 MB, 960x540)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB WEBM
Up
>>
File: 8151293377_26a802b5ff_b.jpg (186 KB, 1024x683)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>2127789

It's weird given they're basically permanent scaffolding but I've always found steel coasters with giant drops to be oddly beautiful
>>
I'm so glad I found this thread! I haven't ridden many roller coasters but I've decided I really enjoy them and I want to go to more parks. I went to Dollywood all the time when I was a kid, and after riding Lightning Rod a few years ago I really got the taste.
>>
Okay guys, here's my plan. Next September, my family goes down to Orlando on Sunday, stays at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort. Monday and Tuesday are for Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Wednesday we do Volcano Bay. Thursday we spend the day at SeaWorld, and Friday we go back to Studios and Islands to ride our favorite things again. Good plan?
>>
>>2140559

Sounds about right, 3 days should be enough to ride everything plus have some encore rides. Don't forget the horror nights will be on if you like scare mazes.
>>
>>2140567
Maybe. I'm not sure if I'd like that or it, and we're mostly going for the rides, but I'm definitely interested. I don't know how tired we'd get from a week of theme parks so maybe we'd need that night to rest, but I don't know. We'll see.
>>
>BGW is $80 a ticket
Why? I went there once when I was like 13 and I thought it was alright, but nowhere near $80/ticket level good
>>
>>2140575
Doesn't have tacky ads all over the place like Six Flags.
>>
>>2140577
Neither do Cedar Fair parks such as my home park Kings Island or my home away from home park Cedar Point and they aren’t $80/ticket, though that’s a moot point in my case because I have a Platinum Pass
>>
>>2140580
I've never been to Cedar Point. Let me ask you, how much does Fast Lane cut down on wait times? My understanding is that it's always pretty packed at Cedar Point.
>>
>>2140575
If you buy your ticket ahead of time and for a specific calendar day it's $25. That's pretty good, but it's only good for that particular day
>>
>>2140583
I actually don’t know because I’m either too poor or too stupid to ever get Fast Lane, but my best friend got it when he went on like a Saturday in the summer and was able to ride every coaster at least once, so if you’re going on a busy day it may be worth it. For me, I can go pretty much any time as long as I plan for it at least a day or two in advance, since it’s only a 3 hour drive, so it’s pretty much not worth it for me. It’s not always packed, but it frequently is. I like to go on weekdays in early spring when they’re just starting daily op, or just weekdays in general. Haunt Thursdays were a thing this year and it was super dead when I went which was great.
>>
>>2140585
I saw that but it looks like they’re only that cheap on Sundays during their winter event when the only coasters open are Apollo’s Chariot, Invadr, and one other I can’t remember.
>>
>>2140588
That's cool. About how long is the wait for Steel Vengeance generally?
>>
>>2140591
I’d say generally 60-90 minutes on any given day, probably closer to 90-120+ minutes on a Saturday. I usually try to get there early and ride it first thing so I don’t have to wait over an hour for it later, or I try to get on it as close to closing time as I can, because usually the line will be a bit shorter by then.
>>
>>2140594
Now see, an hour is a lot for me. I'd be willing to pay for Fast Lane just to avoid that line.
>>
>>2140590
That's normal for holiday-in-the-park stuff, many rides will be down. Just wait for it to reopen for the season.
>>
>>2140600
That kind of sucks though honestly. Dollywood keeps all of their coasters open during Christmas as long as the temperature is high enough.
>>
>>2140596
>Now see, an hour is a lot for me.
Same and that's pushing it. I'd rather try to hit a park on an off-day than wait in 30+ minute lines for anything good
>>
File: Bigbadw.jpg (2.32 MB, 1932x2576)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB JPG
>>2139304
I need to get my arse up to Blackpool at some point.

For me, it's Arrow suspended coasters. Only ridden Vampire at chessington but they all share sprawling layouts which interact with their environments. Plus they gave us arguably the most iconic roller coaster image ever.
>>
>>2140610
Never rode BBW. I want to go to Busch Gardens Williamsburg soon.
>>
>>2140610
Yeah, I rode the bat at kings island a few months ago and that's a pretty unique experience.
>>
Came back from a trip to Disneyland Paris. Got really lucky with the crowds, longest time I had to wait for anything was 30 minutes. Hadn't been there in 17 years back when I was a kid so it was pretty much a brand new experience as an adult now. Had a fucking great time.
Pic related is still absolute fucking kino, especially with Vincent Price finally being included.
>>
>>2140782
The Bat is genuinely a lot of fun in the very back row because it gets yanked hard down that first drop
>>
>>2141034
Man, that's really awesome.
>>
Has anyone ridden Lightning Rod since they replaced half the track with steel? How is it?
>>
>>2141086
DLP is definitely one of if not the prettiest castle park imo
>>
>>2141166
Same with the castle, although there was still a little bit of scaffolding left from the refurbishing. It looks wonderful now tho, the colors really pop and the gold is super shiny.
>>
File: 93242276108.jpg (19 KB, 480x410)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>2141166
>20 foot drop
>trim brake
>>
Is Dollywood the best theme park in the world? It's gotta be up there.
>>
>>2141251
Certainly one of the best values
>>
>>2141253
I have only been there one day when Lightning Rod was open, but I was so impressed with it.
>>
File: ugh-face.jpg (22 KB, 460x523)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>2141169
>trim brakes
>>
I'm kind of new to coasters. If Mako is my first hyper coaster, will all others hypers be ruined for me?
>>
>>2141296
No
>>
>>2141298
It's just that they all look very similar, and people usually say Mako is the best. Just wonder if they'll all feel like disappointments after that.
>>
>>2141299
No
>>
>>2141300
What are your favorites that you've ridden?
>>
>>2141296
>will all other hypers be ruined for me?
do you remember the best pizza you've ever had? did it ruin other pizzas for you forever?
you'll be fine, otherwise people would be marathoning the same ride nonstop
>>
Universalchads, should I stay here?
>>
>>2141616
Idk about the interior but that is way too austere. It's uninviting.
>>
>>2141616
unless you NEED to swim at a hotel pool, stay at aventura. it costs the same but is a lot more quiet and comfortable.
the only complaint this place has is the sterile interior design but I see that as a plus to relax to after a hectic day at the parks.
>>
File: luke-evans-1626865168.png (803 KB, 785x600)
803 KB
803 KB PNG
>>2141730
and if you want to feel like pic related, upgrade to the deluxe room
>>
I went to Busch Gardens on Nov 1st and a bunch of rides were closed but it was still lots of fun and that's the whole story thanks for reading my blog
>>
>>2141730
I can see why some people like that place, but yeah, it does look too sterile for me. From what I've seen online I don't really like it. The Endless Summer place looks more appealing to me honestly.
>>
>>2141735
very thin walls and loud poor people , don't bother
>>
>>2141742
I wasn't really planning to stay there, but I'm hoping that place will peel some poor people away from Cabana Bay and that place will have some fewer people.
>>
I’d rather stay in the shitty motel I stayed at last time I went to Orlando 20 times than stay in the shitty hotel I stayed at last time I went to Virginia ever again

The motel in Orlando had a decent interior, the staff was nice and easy to deal with, it was in easy walking distance to a Walgreens and like a 20 minute walk from Universal, sure it wasn’t super high quality and there were retarded poorfags smoking outside their rooms but their rooms weren’t near mine so not my problem

The hotel in Virginia smelled like smoke everywhere except for my room (thankful for that at least), the bathroom was literally falling apart, there were ants in the room, and it was right next to the Highway with no noise barrier or foliage to act as a noise barrier so it sounded like the window was open all night, not to mention the guy at the front desk was on his phone the entire time and barely spoke to me at all

Do not stay at the Quality Inn & Suites in Ruther Glen if you go to Kings Dominion
>>
>>2141733
Glad you had fun anon
>>
>>2141853
I really want to go to Kings Dominion. It looks like it has a really unique lineup. I feel bad for it that it's so close to Busch Gardens.
>>
>>2113525
Wow there’s a whole thread for this? I thought being obsessed with rollercoasters like i am was unusual
>>
>>2142085
Its lineup used to be a lot better, they just keep taking shit away and replacing it with nothing of value
>>2142111
Welcome to the thread brother
>>
>>2142120
I do understand why Volcano had to go, but they really need to get a good replacement for it, and fast.
>>
>>2142111
There's always other theme park autists, anon. What's your poison? Park of choice?
>>
>>2142140
Yeah. They get rid of Volcano, then they take out the Crypt, then they close off the entire area for construction so you can’t ride Avalanche either. No point waiting in line for FoF, Racer 75, or BLSC when my home park is KI, so for me, this leaves Twisted Timbers, I305, Anaconda, Apple Zapple, Dominator, Avalanche, and Grizzly that I’d actually consider worth doing once, and then Timbers, I305, and Dominator worth doing again.
>>
>>2142182
Enjoy Anaconda while you can. IMO the only reason it's still operating is because they've ripped out so many other rides recently. Once the replacements are in, say goodbye to another Arrow multilooper.
>>
>>2142201
I think Anaconda sucks!
>>
>>2142204
I haven't been on it, but I've been on other Arrow loopers and it probable does. But I hate to see the classics go, especially when it's a major custom ride
>>
>>2142209
Tennessee Tornado is really good.
>>
>>2142223
That's what I've heard, but by the time Arrow figured out how to make a smooth ride, their competition had already gotten a foothold in the market. They never really came back even though the 4D coaster was an impressive finale
>>
>>2142223
Tennessee Tornado was a pleasant surprise to me, normally I am not a fan of Arrow loopers at all, but they maintain that one really well I guess.
>>
Is it possible to go to Holiday World when the lines are short? And how short are we talking?
>>
Give me a quick rundown on Halloween Horror Nights. I have never been through a haunted house, but I plan to go to Universal Orlando in September and it will probably be running. What's it like? How crowded is it if I go on a Wednesday or Thursday in September? How long are the lines? They have express passes for HHN right? Are they worth it?
>>
>>2140559
That's pretty much identical to my last two Universal trips (excluding the SeaWorld bit), and it worked out great both times. Like the other anon said, HHN will likely be going on. Even though you won't be going, just be sure to account for that on your Studios days as the park will close early.
>>
>>2141616
I recommend it, particularly if you plan on hitting Volcano Bay. The hotel entry for that park is a godsend. I also like the theming there, the pool is nice, and the dining center is surprisingly good too. I'd personally take it over Aventura any day, but it really depends on how you value theming.
>>
>>2142903
Would you recommend HHN?
>>
>>2142913
Yeah, I went for the first time this year and it was a lot of fun. Just don't be stupid like me and burn yourself out. My first night, I didn't realize just how much walking it would be (way more than a typical park day) so I did a full parkhopping day beforehand. I also figured I'd eat during the event which was a big mistake. Only got 9 houses done and had to leave a bit early. On my second day, I slept in a bit, hit Volcano Bay for a more laid back morning/afternoon, ate a big meal right before the event kicked off, and ended up having a much better time. Did 11 houses and both shows with no express.
>>
>>2142952
What day of the week was it when you went, and did you stay until close?
>>
>>2143251
First night was Wednesday day, second was Thursday. Couldn't make it to the end the first night, but I did the second night. In fact the closing caught me off guard, as I thought I still had another hour. So all I got done that day (everything and then some) was under the assumption I could place myself more than I could. I should note that this was in September. I'm guessing crowds get worse in October. I work at a haunted house so I know shit can get really crazy approaching Halloween.
>>
>>2143285
How long were the waits to get in on average, and what's the longest you had to wait?
>>
>>2143287
Probably 30 minutes on average the second night and 35-40 the first night. Longest I waited was maybe 50-55 minutes. I definitely saw some hour plus waits throughout the night, but even the most popular houses dipped down at certain points. Stay and Scream is a massive boon too. On the second day I was able to go through two houses and get in line for a third before the gates even opened.
>>
>>2143313
Is Stay and Scream just when you're in the theme park when it's open, and they let you hang out until they're set up for HHN? Do you have to pay extra for it, or can you just do it if you have a regular theme park ticket and a HHN ticket?
>>
>>2143325
If you have a day pass, you can make your way into one of a couple of cordoned off areas while they clear out non-HHN guests. Then they let you into a house early. If you get through it fast enough, you can enter others as they open up. As long as you have a day pass, it costs nothing extra. If you don't, you can pay something like $30 to add it to your HHN tickets.
>>
>>2143360
Hey, what are the lines like on a September weekday in general? Are a lot of rides walk-ons? What's are crowds at Volcano Bay like?
>>
>>2143391
Last two years I went, it was a dream. Granted, 2020 was just after covid reopening, but this year was still really good in terms of crowds. Regularly saw 25 minute waits for Hagrid's, and it rarely broke 45 along with Velocicoaster. Volcano Bay was likewise free of crowds with only the Aquacoaster ever using the virtual line system. With international travel opening back up, crowds may be a bit heavier next year, but it seems like a pretty good time of year to go to me.
>>
>>2143427
Sounds awesome. I'm sure it will be a little bit more full with foreign tourists allowed again, but I'm really excited.
>>
If Cedar Point was in Texas or Florida or California, would it be open 365 days a year?
>>
>>2143477
Yes unless literally everyone from park managers to executives to stockholders were completely retarded
>>
>>2143484
I wish someday there will be technology to artificially heat up an area outside so well that Cedar Point could be open all year.
>>
File: 1636141890847m.jpg (109 KB, 1024x876)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
I just booked a 2 park 2 day ticket for Universal Orlando in early June, give me a run down of what I need to do and skip.
>>
>>2143487
Must rides:
Fast & Furious
Jimmy Fallon
Storm Force Accelatron
>>
>>2143487
I rode Spider-Man when I was a kid and that was awesome.
>>
>>2143487
do hagrids and velocicoaster first thing, in that order
>>
Oh right IAAPA is a thing that exists.
You guys think we'll finally get news on that new B&M model?
>>
>>2143509
>Leaving the best for last
Based
>>
>>2143733
I don't know, but Fun Spot Atlanta's new RMC looks really great.
>>
>>2143487
Honestly, you'll probably be able to do pretty much everything in that time. Only rides I'd say are definite skips are Jimmy Fallon and Fast&Furious (though I find that ride hilariously bad and almost think everyone should experience it). Skip the few flat rides and kiddie coasters as well of course. Must-dos include the Hulk, Velocicoaster, Hagrid's, the Mummy (if it's open by then), Spider-Man, and if you want a water ride, Popeye's. Most other rides are still really good, but it won't be a disaster if you miss them. Also, be sure to consider doing Bourne and the Monster Makeup show in Studios.
>>
>>2143741
Some people unironically like the Jimmy Fallon ride.
>>
>>2143750
And some people deliberately infect themselves with STDs. Though, to be fair, I think I got cancer from the Fallon pre-show, so getting AIDS would probably be better.
>>
>>2143852
I kind of want to see the Tonight Show memorabilia they have in there.
>>
>>2143741
What is the consensus on the Blues Brothers show?
>>
>>2143854
The line/waiting area is honestly pretty neat and better than the ride. Not sure if you are allowed to check it out without going on or not.
>>2143896
It's not really a full-blown show, just a street act. Good if you can catch it, and seeing the Blues mobile driving in/out is neat. Just don't spend a long time waiting for it.
>>
>>2143915
Are there any of those street shows that are really good and I should try to check out?
>>
>go to Dollywood
>sit down to watch a show
>it's so loud that it's unbearable

Don't watch the Dreamland Drive-In show if you value your hearing, unless you bring earplugs.
>>
>>2143916
I managed to catch all of them on my last trip with no planning, so you'll likely stumble upon several without even trying. I found all of them to be fairly enjoyable, but I wouldn't wait more than 10-20 minutes for any of them. Of course, if you're a big fan of Harry Potter, the Blues Brothers, construction workers, or are a coomer, you may be willing to wait longer. The Diagon Alley shows in particular are pretty easy to catch since there's a lot to see in that area. You can check the times then walk around the shops and streets before they start.

Essentially, if you see one or are in the area when one is close to starting, stop to check it out, but you don't need disrupt your day trying to see all of them.
>>
>>2143929
What is the most coom-worthy show?
>>
>>2143741
I would do Jurassic Park over Popeye’s if I had to choose just one water ride, and I generally ride it at least once every time I go despite not being a huge fan of water rides, but that’s just me
t. Dinotard
>>
>>2143930
The Marilyn Monroe show was made just for you, anon. Unless you're into men. Then I guess yo have to settle for the Beat Builders.
>>2143932
I considered that on the list, and it probably should be there. It's just that it's looking really fucking rough in some areas. Hopefully Universal can refresh it soon. I don't want it to become Jurassic World, but it really needs some love.
>>
>>2143948
Cartoon Lagoon is the one area that should have been revamped a decade ago
>>
>>2143954
I like the idea of keeping Popeye's and Dudley while removing the shopping portion and that useless amphitheater to free up space for a new land. I'd hate to lose those two rides, but the rest of the area can definitely go (and should go before the Lost Continent which seems like what the plebeians want erased).
>>
>>2143959
A rapids ride through a dino park would rule. You don't have to rip the existing rides out, just retheme them. I don't know what half the cartoon characters are in there
>>
>>2143948
The Jurassic World ride at Hollywood looks really amazing. If they get some of those animatronics but keep the original Jurassic Park theme, that would be perfect.
>>
>>2143961
I think a big reason why the area is still there is for the foreign audience. Sure Pop-eye may not be relevant, but he is recognizable, especially for those less up-to-date on modern US trends. Plus I'm sure those properties cost less to keep around than others. I think the theming on the two rides there is great honestly, and I especially love the look of Dudley. That's the main reason I'd rather have a half measure like with Lost Continent/Harry Potter as opposed to a complete gutting. I think the only full re-theme idea I've heard that I can get behind for that area is Lord of the Rings, but that seems like a pipe-dream. Regardless, I think Islands is in a really good spot right now, so I'm fine with Toon Lagoon staying unchanged so Universal can hopefully focus more on Studios which is just inferior in nearly every way these days. You want to talk about an area that needs a re-theme, KidsZone needed to be replaced decades ago.
>>
>>2143961
That's what I like about it though. I love that those characters who no one cares about anymore have their own area of a theme park. I love that there is a Cathy themed ice cream stand.
>>
>>2143965
That I agree with. Leave the gates/river adventure section instead of the mosasaur. Then put in a Spino instead of Indomitus at the conclusion for the T-Rex to 'fight', and I'd be a happy man.
>>
>>2143966
If they make that area themed to Pokémon, which I've heard as a rumor, they better keep ET.
>>
>>2143969
They will. Spielberg will pull the nuclear option if they ever remove E.T.
>>
>>2143971
Good. ET is one of my favorite movies and I love how strange the ride is, how you go to his planet, which isn't in the movie.
>>
Is Universal's "nighttime spectacular" worth watching?
>>
Can someone tell me what the hierarchy of ride workers is like at Disney and Universal? At other parks it looks like this:
>managers
>supervisors (usually assigned a specific section of the park)
>lead (1x per ride)
>assistant lead (1x per ride)
>attendants
Wondering what kind of regimentation they have at other parks, and how difficult it is to move upward into the next position. In my experience becoming a lead was easy if you put in the time, but making supervisor was a bigger jump, and manager was something you only really got if the timing was right and you had kissed the right asses. Same story at Disney/Universal?
>>
>>2143741
Is this estimate with or without express passes in mind? I did buy one for both days I intend to visit.
>>
File: bb687339cf961.jpg (115 KB, 1242x1048)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>rumors of a new Giga in Knotts'
>>
How good is Magic Mountain?
>>
>>2144163
That was assuming no express. If you have express, you won't need to worry at all about missing anything. Just know that currently Velocicoaster and Hagrid's don't take express. That could change by the time you go, but you may need to stand-by them..
>>
>>2144154
I don’t know about Universal and Disney but I know at Kings Island it went
>full-time managers (“gold tags”)
>area supervisors
>head supervisor (1x per ride)
>assistant supervisor (2x per ride)
>certified trainers (variable)
>associate
>>
>>2144711
>>2144154
And you also can only get promoted by kissing the right asses, hence why I was only offered the promotion to CT this past season which was likely my last season
>>
>>2117651
When the mummy shuts down for its updating US is going to be in bad shape. I’m not waiting an hour to ride rip ride, I’ll just walk over to IOA instead or just go get drunk at Epcot
>>
Why is Disney World so crowded and expensive bros?
>>
>>2144722
It's underpriced
>>
>>2144722
Because people will pay it. I go to Disney at least once a week and they usually get $50 from me, on top of the over 2 grand I spent on passes for my wife and I.
>>
>>2144726
I can't pay $700 a night to stay in the cool hotels...
>>
>>2144728
Stay at the extended stay on I-drive or one of the other hotels. Cost less than $100 and it’s pretty centrally located.
>>
>>2143968
I hope they keep it Jurassic Park in Orlando...

Though I feel like they're slowly and gradually rebranding it to World with things like the Velocicoaster (mind you, Jurassic /World/ Velocicoaster) along side stuff like the raptor sisters meet and greet. From what I've seen, those attractions have adopted the "blue and grey steel and cement" modernistic-industrial aesthetic World has...

I've heard a rumor somewhere that once Dominion is released next year, supposedly the rights for the original Jurassic Park are going back to Michael Crichton's estate. I think that could be the reason Universal's trying to rebrand Park as World like they've done in Hollywood. It sucks dick. I've always loved the earthy stone-and-wood vibe Park had. It truly felt like a nature park that way.

And if the chance that it doesn't happen... They better not touch my Camp Jurassic. That shit is still kino after all these years

>>2144379
Went there back in '06 as a kid, it was "eh" imo.
Unfortunately I've only been there once, so I don't remember it as much. But I mainly replied to give you a helpful tip to save your eardrums:

I highly recommend bringing earplugs and putting those bad boys in WHENEVER you're in the vicinity of Escape from Krypton (it's this Superman ride that goes up to a 90° angle, you can't miss it). That thing is FUCK LOUD

To give you an idea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfi7PAQj7jg
>>
>>2144734
I hope they don't change Jurassic Park either, but the World ride looks so impressive in Hollywood, if they do change it I can't say I'll be too upset.
>>
>>2144735
The update that World's ride got in Hollywood is beautiful, I do agree.

That new Indominus AA is amazing, I even like what they did with the older one by making her head peeking out at you through the Tyrannosaurus enclosure mural, as if she's stalking the raft.

Still kinda sucks that the "Welcome to Jurassic Park" portion with the gate had been gutted for the Mosasaurus sequence. The use of parallax screens is impressive though, alongside syncing the water effects to it.
>>
>>2144735
I'm not a huge fan of the Mosasaur section, mostly due to the fact that it's really obvious the space doesn't exist as you leave the scene, so I hope they keep that out. The rest of the attraction does look amazing though.
>>2144717
Yeah, Studios really needs some love. IoA trounces it in just about every way aside from entertainment. Spending an entire day at IoA is easy, but you can do all of Studios in a half day unless it's super packed. I honestly think that nearly half the park could be torn out and replaced at this point. KidsZone, World's Fair, and even Springfield just aren't up to snuff.
>>
>>2144897
>doing everything in Studios and hopping on the train to Islands of Adventure for the rest of the day

Very kino
>>
>>2144908
Indeed. King's Cross is so much better than Hogsmead Station it's laughable.
>>
How easy is it to go to foreign theme parks as someone who only speaks English? I'd love to visit Europa Park and Tokyo Disneyland.
>>
>>2144936
Can't speak from experience due to covid cancelling my trip, but it seems like Tokyo Disney is pretty easy. Apparently almost all of their signage is in English, so while the shows and on-ride audio might not make sense, you won't have any trouble getting around the parks or finding attractions.
>>
>>2144940
Why do the Japanese have English signs everywhere?
>>
>>2144952
I think that, at least at Disney, a big part of it is the aesthetic. When Disney and OLC first came together to discuss Tokyo Disneyland, Disney thought that the park should be updated to be more Japanese, but OLC actually wanted it to keep the American feel. The fact that it helps out international tourists is a bonus.
>>
>>2144952
>>2144956
Has more to do with US occupation after WW2
>>
>>2144910
I've been to IoA once, a year after Wizarding World opened and had an amazing time. Never ended up going to Universal tho, sadly. I'll have to go back at some point.
What makes Diagon Alley so much better than Hogsmeade? I see this opinion often and I wonder what the big difference is. Also what's the Gringotts ride like? Heard very mixed reviews.
>>
>>2145272
Not that Anon, and I guess this comparison won’t help much if you haven’t been to Studios, but Gringotts is like Revenge of the Mummy but with 3D screen elements, essentially it’s a roller coaster with dark ride elements, although I’d personally describe it more as a dark ride with roller coaster elements, if that makes any sense.
>>
Oh my god the Disney world star wars hotel looks awful lmao
https://youtu.be/48zQGqrX2EI
>>
>>2145425
Wait they specifically developed retractable lightsabers for the hotel, why aren't they even using them here.
I'm still curious to hear what it's like to stay the full three days, but so far it definitely seems like something they really hyped up concept-wise but are now trying to execute in the cheapest way possible. Good ol' Bob Paycheck at work like usual I suppose.
>>
>>2145656
Miss me yet?
>>
>>2145656
retractable sabers are for performing actors only (because they are flimsy show pieces that wobble around like a tape measure)
>>
>>2145656
>I'm still curious to hear what it's like to stay the full three days,
/ourgirl/ is on the case
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1459699812844986368
>>
>>2145675
She's not /ourgirl/ until she finally releases that goddamn Galaxy's Edge video
>>
>>2145272
I was specifically referring to the two train stations there. King's Cross has a really good queue while Hogsmeade is pretty much un-themed, plus I find the Studions>Islands ride video to be superior. That said, I do also prefer Diagon Alley to Hogsmeade in general. It feels more immersive since it's in its own contained spot, plus it feels more explorative and "alive."

As for Gringott's, I personally enjoy the ride. It's not the best at Universal, but it's fun and the queue is amazing. Hogsmeade is generally better in terms of attractions though.

>>2145665
>yet
I've missed him for years.
>>
>>2145687
>releases that goddamn Galaxy's Edge video
she said naming the video part 1 was a mistake and she will never do a second half because there is nothing else to talk about. the only thing she feels left out of the part 1 video was the fact that Galaxy's Edge has no kinetic energy, there are no people screaming on rides in the distance or ride vehicles visible from the walking paths
>>
>>2145701
>No kinetic energy
This is what kills GE for me. There's just no movement anywhere in the area. Even a land with no outdoor rides can have great kinetic energy (see Diagon Alley) but GE just feels like it has none at all. Also the fact that half the land feels like dead space, and that is the entrance most guests will use, is a bit baffling to me.
>>
>>2145710
I haven't been to Disney World or Universal in nearly 20 years. Right now I am much more interested in visiting Universal again than Disney, and it honestly shocks me that I'm saying that.
>>
>>2145710
Another GE "killer" is the lack of any defining area music. Closest thing you get I some in-universe pop music. IMO they really banked too much on being "immersive" there.
>>
>>2145712
Yeah, I was always way bigger on Disney than Universal. After the parks re-opened, I wanted to head to Disney, but they were jewing out on discounts while Universal was giving out 50% hotels and tickets. Ended up going to Universal and having one of the best theme park experiences of my life. I still love Disney, but Universal is honestly starting to replace it in my heart. It feels like everything I love about Disney is from the past while Universal is still creating things that are amazing (Fallon and F&F notwithstanding).

>>2145716
Yeah, and I feel like they didn't even get the immersiveness right. There's no weenie to draw you in from either entrance, the "rural" entrance is accessed from a city street while the city side of the land is accessed through Andy's backyard, and the only characters around are ones no one gives a shit about aside from Chewbacca and the Storm Troopers. I remember entering for the first time through that big tunnel they have expecting to be blown away, only to be greeted with absolutely fucking nothing of interest. Such a letdown compared to Diagon Alley which has possibly the best reveal of any individual land I've been to. Disney just keeps chasing Potter these days and coming up short every time. Epic Universe should honestly terrify them.
>>
>>2145728
>the "rural" entrance is accessed from a city street while the city side of the land is accessed through Andy's backyard
I honestly feel like those entrances were made with the Disneyland incarnation in mind, as they seem to make a lot more sense there. Even then, there's still no weenie to draw people in
>>
>>2145729
That would make sense. It's honestly a small thing that probably won't bother most visitors at all, but it just baffles me personally. It's especially weird how they went through the trouble of making that tunnel at the Muppets entrance for immersion, then just said fuck it and left the Toy Story side totally open. The lack of a weenie is a real shame, because I actually like the urban part of the land, and seeing the Falcon is neat, but there's nothing at all interesting leading up to that. Everything around Rise feels like a complete missed opportunity. I'd also like to say fuck Toy Story Land. What a horrible piece of shit that was. Possibly the worst land in Disney World, competing only with Dinoland.
>>
>>2145731
There's an access road between Toy Story and Galaxy's Edge so that's probably why there's no tunnel. Still weird why they didn't put one on the Galaxy's Edge side, especially since that same entrance uses a tunnel in CA.
And yeah, I agree that Toy Story is their worst land in a while. Avengers Campus does come close to being worse, though.
>>
>>2145735
I completely forgot Avengers Campus existed. Haven't seen it in person, so I can't compare it, but it does seem pretty lame. It definitely loses points for the crime against sightlines that is Mission: Breakout.
>>
>>2145740
Not that Anon, but I went to Avengers Campus earlier this year. The real crime is the soundtrack
>Hey Anon! Remember that one 15 second clip of the Avengers soundtrack?
>The one we had in every trailer?
>You do?! Good!!!
>Because that’s all we could afford.
>>
>>2145710
You said it. The sad thing is they actually planned for this originally but then they cut the budget. The scrapped bantha ride would've helped this immensly, but most of all their original idea of roaming droids and costumed characters would've made this feel more alive. Now you just have Rey hiding behind trash cans and occasionally a stormtrooper here or there, but it's not nearly enough.
>>
>>2145731
>>2145735
What's so bad about Toy Story Land? I've never been to any of the US parks but it seems fun. The one here in Paris is much smaller and none of the rides interest me whatsoever, but I think the thememing is pretty well done. The oversized christmas lights as lighting are very nice and I like the oversized toy packaging as buildings.
Honestly you guys shouldn't complain when you compare what you guys have over Walt Disney Studios here kek, it's so cheap and small it's actually funny. I'm happy they're finally putting money in there with the expansion but they're really not in any hurry to actually finish the damn thing anytime soon, plus now there's rumors they scrapped Galaxy's Edge.
>>
>>2145797
>Studios Park
Ouch. I do feel for you frogs about that one. My issue with Toy Story Land is that it feels like something I'd see at Six Flags rather than Disney. There's zero effort put into the sense of scale. You've got giant toys all around, but then normal sized trimmed hedges and trees. There's bamboo for no reason, there's a fence in the distance, but also I can literally see Galaxy's Edge if I look another direction. There's absolutely zero shade despite being in fucking Florida. The idea of the land is cool, but it was executed in such a half-assed way. Plopping a few big toys around land doesn't make me feel like I'm small, it just makes me feel like I'm at the All-Star Resort. The Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground did the concept better decades ago.

>>2145793
Oh fuck, don't remind me. That shit could have been so cool. Instead we get fucking Vi Moridi. Who the fuck knows who that is? I just had to Google "Galaxy's Edge Characters," to even remember her name. They should have just based the land on the OT.
>>
File: 1637513974217.png (1.22 MB, 1140x758)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>2145909
I also feel like Bug's Land did the whole "big land" concept better than the Toy Story ones did 15 years later. And this was made by early 2000s, budget-cut-crazy Disney.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yjZpBq1XBE
>almost 2 hours long
Jesus christ Kevin
>>
>>2146129
> What I Watched: Disney's FastPass: A Complicated History
> What I Expected: Queues and crowd control at the Disney parks
> What I Got: Class Warfare
>>
>>2146129
>Unfortunately, there is no way to answer the main question of this video.
>Doing so would be almost prohibitively convoluted, extremely expensive, and generally impractical.
>There aren’t any shortcuts, either. It would just be a nightmare.
>So I did it anyway.
Kevin is the best.
>>
>>2146129
>Because Shapeland is actually Animal Kingdom
Hahahaha holy shit.
Also the transition between the genie+ video dislike ratio and the hard cut to the news clip of jewtube hiding dislikes.
>>
>>2145716
>lack of any defining area music
Ironic considering John Williams won a Grammy for his Galaxy's Edge music
https://youtu.be/3U5rC7AbZ2Y
>>
>>2146160
he did say it was complicated
>>
>>2146366
I never understood this. They came out saying John Williams made a theme for Galaxy's Edge, but then there's no music in the land. Does it actually play anywhere?
I'm not sure why Disney thought music was a bad idea anyways, the movie soundtracks playing in Wizarding World does nothing to ruin immersion, if anything it's the opposite. Turning the corner in Hogsmeade to see the castle for the first time at the exact moment the main theme starts was a magical moment, imagine the same thing happening when you first see the Falcon.
>>
>>2146455
>Does it actually play anywhere?
According to Disney, yes
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-star-wars-galaxys-edge-disneyland-john-williams-music-20190612-story.html
>>
>>2146129
>Fastplus+ a shit.
I always fell into the camp that knew how to ride a shit ton of rides (though that was mostly understanding wait times rather than abusing the system), and I always felt the system was bad. Nice to have some vindication for that belief. I can't imagine going to the parks and only getting to ride one or two rides on a family vacation. Granted, a big part of that is probably just making really poor choices, but damn that would suck.
>>
>>2146475
Would it help Disney if they just did it the same way Universal and Cedar Fair do it which is just pay a ton of money and you can use the shorter line all day?
>>
>>2146455
It's so baffling to me how Disney can fuck these small things up when the lands they're trying to imitate are a short car drive away. Like you can literally answer the question of, "does music ruin immersion in a land like the Wizarding World," by sending someone to the fucking Wizarding World to see that, no, it doesn't. It's even stranger considering how Disney clearly understands the impact of music in their parks. Imagine walking the World Showcase without the changing soundtrack between nations.
>>
>>2146478
Probably, but it'd also give big backlash at this point. I'm not a huge fan of overly expensive line skipping (I'd prefer none at all) but at least using that system means very few people use it. Hell, Universal even gives out those passes to hotel guests as incentive for staying in the deluxe hotels, and you still don't feel the impact too much. The new system at Disney is cheap enough that a lot of people will probably still use it, at least at the busier times of year. It'll also still fuck over people who don't understand the system since they'll now be paying a bunch of money and may only get to skip two medium wait time attractions while those in the know will be able to get tons of passes for the popular rides throughout the day.
>>
>>2146455
>Turning the corner in Hogsmeade to see the castle for the first time at the exact moment the main theme starts was a magical moment
>was a magical moment
kys
>>
>>2146482
I think the system works. Like you said it's not too intrusive for the people who don't use it, but if you really hate lines and you're willing to pay up, you can skip them. To me that's so much better than having to have my phone out all day managing rides or whatever.
>>
>>2146488
I agree. I think it'd be better than the system we ended up with, but I'd just prefer no fastpass at all. Also, it'd be a marketing disaster for Disney. They were barely able to get Genie out thanks to pandemic. Imagine if they announced that something which was free would now be $100+ per person. Even though it may actually be better for the average guest, it wouldn't appear that way, and people would lose their shit.
>>
>>2146508
You're right. I do think it would improve the overall guest experience for everyone, but it definitely would look bad.
>>
where are my fellow right side of the bell curve chads at?
>>
>>2146690
>max is 12
HAHA
more like minimum
>>
>>2146690
>Last trip I got 6 AK rides done in half a day while also doing both animal trails, stopping for lunch, and looking at every exhibit around the park.
Imagine being the casuals on the left.
>>
>>2146482
>The new system at Disney is cheap enough that a lot of people will probably still use it
idk, $15 a person still seems pretty pricy.
Also don't forget that the rides with only individual Lightning Lanes can cost up to $15 by themselves.
>>
>>2146752
Sure, it's still pricey, but it's way better than $100 a person. It also heavily favors solo travelers and couples. It's not going to have nearly the same adoption rate as free Fastpass, but at busy times of year, I bet it'll be widely used, especially by passholders.
>>
>>2146907
I guess we'll have to see what changes Disney makes to it in the future
>>
>>2146690
What the fuck does this mean?
>>
>>2146920
See >>2146129
>>
>going to amusement parks on weekends or peak times of the year

I seriously hope you guys don't do this
>>
>>2146924
>Going to Disneyland Paris for two days
>Friend tells me to be prepared to buy lightning lane at least once for my favorite ride, otherwise the crowds make it impossible to do all the good rides
>tfw I rode nearly everything and did Big Thunder, Phantom Manor, Space Mountain and Pirates 3 times each
I can't imagine going on a weekend or a national holiday, god damn the difference in crowds is so big
>>
>>2146924
Literally just rope drop and it's gg2ez
>>
>>2146969
When I go to Dollywood I like to ride everything a whole bunch of times. Last time I went everything was a walk-on except Mystery Mine, and that's because of staffing problems they were only loading and unloading one train at a time. And even then it was just a few minutes. I can't imagine going any other time of year.
>>
>>2146968
I try to avoid weekends and busy seasons, but even at those times, it's usually possibly to do most things at a given park. People just have really bad time management. They'll get in line for a ride they want to go on when it's got a 75 minute wait instead of waiting for the time to drop. I went to Magic Kingdom around Christmas two years ago, and the place was absolutely packed. Despite that, I still got on everything I wanted with a 45 minute or less wait time. Also went to Hershey Park on July 4th weekend which was complete hell, but I still got on every coaster but one, and rode the newest one four times.
>>
I will never forgive them.
>>
Why are Disney deluxe hotels so incredibly expensive? I guess people are willing to pay it, but it seems like they're out of the price range of probably most families. I don't think any hotel room is worth $800 a night like some of these.
>>
>>2147038
Disney knows that people will pay for disney no matter what the price, they're just capitalizing on it now. You could also blame bob cheapek but idk
Also OP here i'll make a new thread soon since this thread hit the thread limit
>>
>>2147041
Fuck you Bob I want to stay in that cool Blade Runner hotel but I can't afford it.
>>
>>2147043
sorry buddy boy, best i can do is the $1200 a night star wars hotel for you
enjoy your stay lmao
>>
>>2147046
I will be truly shocked if this thing doesn't flop hard.
>>
>>2147035
I don't even dislike this ride, but it
s a really poor replacement for the Great Movie Ride. GMR was long as fuck and a great way to take a break from the heat/walking. Railway is like 2-3 minutes long, and now Studios really lacks a long, relaxing ride. GMR should have stayed, and Runaway Railway should have been put into Animation Courtyard to make that area worth visiting.
>>
>>2147060
That park needs way more rides. Everything has a long wait even in the "not crowded" times. They really shouldn't be closing rides. Just find a place to put some new ones.
>>
>>2147063
Yeah, even after the expansions, it still feels like a half day park to me, which is a shame because it has/had some great attractions.
>>
>>2147041
>>2147043
Disney resorts were very expensive before Chapek
>>
>>2147038
The weirdest for me is the Contemporary. Why kind of psycho pays premium for that? I'd rather stay at any Moderate hotel than the Contemporary. The only thing going for it is the monorail, but then you might as well stay at the Grand Floridian or Polynesian.
>>
>>2147116
I don't understand the Contemporary's draw anymore, either. I suppose the one advantage it has is that it's close enough to the Magic Kingdom that you can walk to it. Even then, the rooms and resort are average at best.
>>
File: PXL_20211123_233512696.MV.jpg (2.66 MB, 1814x2419)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
Sup, nerds.
You ok with some light blogposting as I go or should I just make a single post at the end?
>>
>>2147192
Whatever suits you, anon.
>>
>>2147060
It's ironic that Disneyland is so tight on space yet their Runaway Railway isn't replacing any attractions.
>>
File: PXL_20211123_234302543.MV.jpg (4.3 MB, 2059x2746)
4.3 MB
4.3 MB JPG
Of fucking course there's yurucamp merch.
If Eejanaika isn't number 1 on your bucket list, you're doing this shit wrong.
Holy fuck that thing is amazing. Every single bit of praise you see online is warranted.
Except the operations but that's a Japan thing.
>>
>>2147192
Oh shit Fuji-Q, nice. Keep it coming anon.
>>
I can't decide if I'd like Halloween Horror Nights. I'd be willing to buy the Express Pass, and we'd be going during probably the least crowded week, but I just don't know if it would be worth spending my night that way when I'm not even sure I'd enjoy the haunted houses. From what I've seen online they look really impressive, but I don't know if doing ten haunted houses in a night would be too much, and it's late and I don't know if I'd want to stay up late when I'm planning on a week full of park days. Maybe if I need fun some evening we could just play mini golf at that place in CityWalk.
>>
File: PXL_20211124_015130256.MV.jpg (3.62 MB, 2746x2059)
3.62 MB
3.62 MB JPG
Takabisha was..... Fun??
The best part is the one before the meme drop, the lift kinda kills the ride. The dark part at the start is fun but it isn't dark enough, you can see the heartline roll easily.
Now hoping for Fujiyama to open, winds to strong ;_;

Impossible to see what's the 22 announcement. I doubt there's anything set up already either way.
>>
>>2147269
Are you a nip or just visiting?
>>
>>2147265
It can definitely be tiring, especially if you do it after a full park day. If you or the people you are with are big on Halloween, I'd say it's worth it, but it seems like you might not be too experienced with haunts, so it may not be worth it to you. I'd probably start of with local haunts if your interested in the stuff but don't want to spend the money/time commitment for HHN yet. The HHN houses are very well done in terms of theming, and the scare-zones can be a lot of fun. However, I'd imagine it can easily be overwhelming for a first-timer. A local haunt will be less stressful, cheaper, and give you an idea if you like this kind of stuff. Honestly, local haunts are better than HHN in some ways. HHN has very little interactivity with actors; it's pretty much all jump scares and canned sound effects. A good local haunt will have actors actually acting.
>>
>>2147283
From what I've seen, I'm extremely impressed with the level of detail and the way they recreate famous movies. I do think I'd like to experience it, at least just to experience it, it's a famous event. But I'm just undecided about whether it's a good idea to squeeze it into my trip. It's just one week, five park days. I may need some downtime at night.
>>
File: PXL_20211124_000952377.MV.jpg (4.94 MB, 2059x2746)
4.94 MB
4.94 MB JPG
>>2147273
Visitor.
Holy fuck, how are the operations for X2 in mm?4 minutes per train doesn't seem normal.
>>
>tfw no coaster gf
>>
>>2147295
Who?
>>
>>2147287
Well, in that case, it really depends on what you want out of your park days. If you want to stay in the parks all day every day, then fitting in HHN may be brutal. However, since you'll be there 5 days, you shouldn't have any trouble experiencing everything in each park, and hitting all the good shit multiple times. You could take a more relaxed day, say at Volcano Bay if you're going there, then hit up HHN that night so you won't be worn out. There will still be the issue of whether or not to sleep in the next day of course.
>>
>>2147315
Well, for me, I want to fit in a day at SeaWorld too. So I'm thinking three total days at Studios and Islands, one and Volcano Bay, and one at SeaWorld. I have no idea how long we'd want to stay at SeaWorld, but I'd want to be there when it opens just in case, you know? So I don't know. Maybe as it gets closer I'll decide.
>>
>>2147338
I'll take a chance to shill for Busch Gardens then. It's only a1 hour drive away and it has the best inverter in the planet (I will die on this fucking hill alone if needed)
>>
>>2147338
Yeah, you've got plenty of time to think it over. Besides, house/scare zone announcements could also help you make the decision. There may be nothing that particularly interests, or there could be something you think sounds awesome.
>>
>>2147343
Well, I do REALLY want to ride Iron Gwazi, and the rest of the rides there, but it may be tougher to convince my family that we should take the extra time to drive there when our week is already so packed and SeaWorld is right there. And doing both isn't really feasible. So while it would suck to be that close and not go, I think I may have to settle for SeaWorld, which is still okay. I really want to ride Mako.

>>2147344
We'll see. The houses I've seen online do look extremely well done.
>>
File: PXL_20211124_023902217.MV.jpg (3.06 MB, 1814x2419)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB JPG
>Google translate be like.
(Suggesting as next OP)
>>
>>2147355
What would be the edition?
>>
File: PXL_20211124_050933260.MV.jpg (3.07 MB, 2059x2746)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB JPG
>>2147359
Probably something like "grorius nippon stiiru folded over 14 hundred times"
They really like to mention that you "invert" 14 times.
>>
>>2147384
Is it still tied for the record or did Smiler take it fully?
>>
>>2147430
I legit wouldn't compare a 4D's spinning action to the actual, track-based inversions of the Smiler, but that's just me.
>>
It is completely unacceptable for Twisted Colossus to ever not duel.
>>
What am I in for?
>>
>>2113531
Wicked twister being removed is a bad idea. It is a great ride for cedar point, and considering that the park has a small footprint, it takes up customers who want a quick ride while other coasters might have long lines. I learned this in roller coaster tycoon where I often put a shuttle loop so people wouldnt get bored and it was a low cost high return investment early game
>>
>>2147579
Meh: the park
>>
I could go for a water park right now. I'm DYING to go to Schlitterbahn!
>>
>>2147283
I heard HHN used to actually have scare actors, well, acting. Is this true, or has it pretty much always just been the canned dialogue/sounds I heard this year?
>>
>>2147913
I'm not sure. This year was my first year at the event, and most of the footage I've seen of the previous few years shows much the same. I'd imagine that in the very early years it probably had that vibe, but the crowd levels kind of necessitate the scares they have now. It's very easy to fuck up your voice haunting, and with Universal having the equivalent of a normal haunt's busiest night on their slow ones, I completely understand why they do what they do in the houses. I just wish they let the scarezone actors have a bit more freedom, or at least incorporate more interactive characters. The Controller was easily one of my favorite parts of the event this year for this reason. Watching him flip his shit on people who wouldn't listen to him was great.
>>
How long is SeaWorld going to have whale shows, bros? Is it only the orcas that are going away eventually? What about dolphins? Seals?
>>
NEW THREAD:

>>2148296
>>2148296

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.