[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 47 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why was Europe’s greatest city allowed to degrade to such a degree it isn’t even worth a visit anymore?
>>
Not even worth a visit? Come on bro Bratislava isn't THAT boring.
>>
paris is better than ever. just be less racist.
>>
>>2106531
Weird question.

The first answer is unfettered liberalism. This idea that everyone is innately the same and "we're all human!!" mentality. Not recognising the fact that people from vastly different countries culturally, fiscally and religiously is going to alter the social and cultural fabric of the place immensely.

The second part is the fact that France geographically is fucked. Migrants can just waltz in as they please pretty much unchecked and once people are in, it's far harder to remove them than you'd imagine. Firstly identifying these people, establishing the correct legal proceedings in order to remove them in compliance with local and international law, keeping them secure so that they can't go missing. That's assuming they provide you with legitimate information in the first place. As it currently stands, the deportation process is completely and utterly fucking useless.

I don't hate the place, I think you can still visit and enjoy it, just don't compare it to what it was once upon a time.
>>
>>2106531
>Europe’s greatest city
Which city is that? I am expecting something stupid like Paris or London, but I am open to be positively surprised.
>>
>>2106565
>am expecting something stupid like Paris or London
it's not stupid. paris and london is the best cities in whole europe. i know liking something already popular is lame but it's just the truth.
>>
>>2106545
>This idea that everyone is innately the same and "we're all human!!" mentality.

One could argue that that is at the core of what being French is all about

You Murikan?
>>
>>2106573
If you think that statement is true, then it's pretty clear to me you have not seen much of Europe at all.
>>
>>2106531
Do tell us which city and what happened? Bonus point if you can point it out on a map. We don't expect that you have actually ever been there or even had a passport.
>>
>>2106576
>One could argue that that is at the core of what being French is all about

Which is why the place is a shithole today. No I’m not American. You brown?
>>
>>2106576
>One could argue that that is at the core of what being French is all about

My experience with the French suggests that being French is about wanting free money from the state while complaining things are not very good at the same time.
>>
>>2106585
>>2106587
Samefag
>you brown?
No. Reason why I was asking if you were murikun is because you were spouting stupid shit like murikuns sometimes do. You a literal polack or greek then?. Me on the other hand: on point.
>>
>>2106596
>Samefag
Nope. I wrote the second and not the first.
>>
>>2106596
>>2106597
Also, you sound like a complete racist retard in love with himself.
>>
>>2106531

Liberalism
>>
>>2106578
If you were to name a best European city, which one would it be?
>>
>>2106531
Paris bring shit is a myth, yes there's s bunch of niggers there but it's still a really beautiful city and there's also cheap asian pussy to coom in
>>
>>2106648
The only people who think Paris is shit is Americans who of course don't even leave their state and just larp as travellers and Japs
>>
>>2106531
I haven't visited Paris and it's hard to separate just how bad it really is from negative hype.
I've seen videos of packs of rats , people sayig the city smells of urine, Gypsies and Africans hassling tourists, but it's hard to know how objectively bad it is except from people who live there or visit a lot.
>>
>>2106534
BASED
>>
>>2106596
I don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about.

No, straight off the boat Africans that stink, sell drugs and shit up the place aren’t the same as the native French people and they don’t fit into Parisian society. You’ve clearly never lived there or seen how the city has degraded in recent years, the same goes for Rome.

>>2106654
It’s a bit of both. You can still have a pleasant time, just not as pleasant as what it was once upon a time.

It was never a perfect or super clean city, ever, that doesn’t mean that it can’t be worse now than it’s been for a long time.
>>
>>2106654
It's in between both extremes. France can be really fun. Paris has the highest concentration of African illegal immigrant hawkers and gypsy grifters in the country. They concentrate in tourist hotspots, like that park around the tower and there's more of them than the bums or fake rolex hawkers you see in NYC. But they're not "overwhelming the city." The city is also really old. I mean there's literally bodies of people from hundreds of years ago buried under it. The infrastructure is really old. The subway is over 100 years old and feels like it. But it goes all over the city. A lot of random places (e.g. subway stations) have a sewage odor or rat problem. Roads built in the 1800s don't work with modern traffic. It's jarring to see graffiti on 200 year old buildings. Parisians are also more difficult to get along with than other French people. But its not Mogadishu as people seem to claim.
>>
>>2106649
Or Brazilian huedditors
>>
>>2106654
I've been to Paris for 6 months between 2019 and 2020.

I think it's really shit, but not for the reasons that you outlined. I haven't seen packs of rats, but that wouldn't really change my mind that much cause rats are in every major city.

To me it's shit because people who live there are arrogant and insufferable. Also judging by how they were behaving, crime is a big factor even in the city center. I was told to avoid the business district outside of business hours.

Anyway, the French culture puts me off. I like to pitch in in discussions like this one to express how I dislike the city but it's not on the same level as crazy Brazilian anon. To me both Paris and London occupy the same category - big, expensive, run down, over hyped cities. I hope to never see either again in my life.
>>
>>2106545
/pol/ midwit attacks again

>This idea that everyone is innately the same and "we're all human!!" mentality.
the idea that all humans share the same intrinsic value is a principle upon which the modern western world was built upon and has its roots in christianity

>Not recognising the fact that people from vastly different countries culturally, fiscally and religiously is going to alter the social and cultural fabric of the place immensely.
nobody does that, that is the entire point of immigration, a cosmopolitan society should be able to leave the bad behind (like the unfounded idea that white people are superior in any way shape or form) and adopt the good from other cultures, and other cultures do the same like the vast majority of westernized muslims and what not

this idea came about naturally in the heart of western liberal societies because white imperialism managed to produce some of the worst atrocities the world had ever seen starting with multiple genocides in africa, going through ww1, totalitarianism in the form of fascism, nazism and soviet communism, ww2, all the way to the dirty war in algeria and the vietnam war... when checked against reality this idea of white superiority and magnanimity simply collapses, both in the hearts of good christian folk as well as rationally in academia through critical theory
[1/2]
>>
>>2106545
>>2106682
>The second part is the fact that France geographically is fucked. Migrants can just waltz in
midwit, please tell me, from where can an immigrant just waltz into France? from the northwest where they'd have to come from England first, crossing the Channel? from the southwest where they'd have to come from Spain first, crossing the Pyrenees? from the east where they'd have to come from Italy or Switzerland first, crossing the Alps? from the south where they'd have to come from Malta first, crossing the Mediterranean? from the northeast where they'd have to come from Germany first?

the immigration in France has NOTHING to do refugee flows, a lot of it is from other european countries predating even the european union like portuguese people, the other lot is from french-arab CITIZENS hailing from the maghreb due to decades of colonization efforts, and the final lot are black people from subsaharan africa, with ties also dating from past colonization efforts, but which the french state sees as a triumph going into the 21st century given the massive role that Africa will play in it: a triump for the french language, a triumph for french culture, a triumph for french companies, a triumph for french geopolitics, better than to whither away in irrelevance

>once people are in, it's far harder to remove them than you'd imagine.
no shit sherlock, it's called international law, France signed the 1951 refugee convention
[2/2]
>>
>>2106677
It's okay to hate something if you have legit reasons for it. I hate Paris too, because of personal experiences. Fuck I still remember watching two niggers robbed a pizza shop in broad daylight. I was still a kid back then. That brazilian schizophrenic larp shitposter on the other hand, has none. He just want to shiposts and rake some (You)s, thinking that it is equivalent to likes or points or something.
>>
>>2106686
>the french state sees as a triumph going into the 21st century given the massive role that Africa will play in it: a triump for the french language, a triumph for french culture, a triumph for french companies, a triumph for french geopolitics

There's a lot of retarded things the French consider a triumph. For example their absolutely retarded law and tax system. At this point I stopped wondering why they are the way they are and will just avoid them and their country.
>>
>>2106658
>how the city has degraded in recent years
Read moar literature, literally
>>
>>2106682
>the idea that all humans share the same intrinsic value is a principle upon which the modern western world was built upon

Childishly naive comment. What you’re talking about is an incredibly modern invention, the vast overwhelming majority of the West’s history has been in direct opposition to the idea of innate human equality. You have no way to substantiate such a silly claim.

>Nobody does that
>That is the entire point of immigration

The entire “point” of immigration is surprising the cost of labour, especially in big cities. The other “point” is guilt and stupid muh racism arguments like you’re making.

>midwit, please tell me, from where can an immigrant just waltz into France?

Usually through its Southern Border hitchhiking through Spain. The fact that you’re talking about “through the northwest crossing the English channel” proves to me exactly what kind of fucking moron I’m talking to here.

France and Paris are going to get filthier by the year. If you consider rat infested parks, constant terror alerts and attacks, incredibly segregated violent communities and more African drug dealers, scammers and criminals all over the streets progress then you’re truly deluded.
>>
>>2106531
But St Petersburg has vastly improved in the past decade, what are you talking about?
>>
>>2106691
>That brazilian schizophrenic larp shitposter on the other hand, has none. He just want to shiposts and rake some (You)s, thinking that it is equivalent to likes or points or something
Generous of you to think he is le master baiter, but he's simply an unironic schizo. You may have noticed that actual schizophrenics have bizarre points they fixate on, and his is his hatred of France and the competition he's perceived there to be between Brazil and France. France is to BRschizoanon as the CIA were to Terry Davis.
>>
File: 1618322804652.jpg (112 KB, 640x730)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>2106711
>Childishly naive comment
pic related, it's you

>incredibly modern invention
hundreds of years old, individualism is what's an incredibly modern invention

>the vast overwhelming majority of the West’s history has been in direct opposition to the idea of innate human equality.
even in medieval times the three States were considered to be on equal footing under God, both in politics and in doctrine, imbecile

racism is an 18th century invention designed to create a new class of subjugated and economically bonded people when european servitude was brought to an end, it's not a coincidence that England, which saw this movement first, went on to create the greatest neocolonial empire, and it's no coincidence either that Russia, which was the last to abolish servitude, completely embraces its multiethnic background

>The other “point” is guilt
pic related, you

>Usually through its Southern Border hitchhiking through Spain.
If they come through Spain first then they don't simply "waltz" into France, cretin, as soon as an asylum seeker jumps the fences down in Melilla it's Spain that has to take on the burden given the current EU immigration framework

the "waltz" in narrative comes from the 2015 refugee crisis when they "waltzed" into the EU via Greece coming from Turkey, all the way up to Germany... France was barely affected by this particular flow and subsequent ones because for years it had strict border control in place due to the terrorist attack at the Bataclan, particularly in the spanish and italian border
>>
>>2106705
Do you actually read literature? It’s glaringly obvious these cities of old and cities of today are totally different. Hemingway’s Paris is gone, as is Poe’s Philadelphia, his Baltimore, and Hearn’s New Orleans and all the rest.
>>
>>2106758
>claims a city has degraded recently
>has not read Orwell's writings about Paris in shambles
>now namedrops authors to show he is not a pleb
Pathetic maggot murikan
>>
>>2106531
TCHIIIIIIIIIP
>>
>>2106545
This is what you get when you never challenge your fat autistic son on the inane garbage he spouts and you just nod your head whilst you’re sucked into the TV
>>
>>2106654
What's funny is that when I visited Paris about 10 years ago I was put off by the immigrants but then......they were the only nice people. The french I met, and even the UK people visiting were snotty assholes. I liked hanging out with the arabs and the africans that migrated there and they were pretty chill. French people were assholes and so were a lot of the UK people I met there. There are still affluent areas of Paris that keep the same French culture stuff alive though I guess, I'm not an expert and i couldn't say for sure. I just ended up spending time in a safer area of France with a bunch of french college students that were kind of dicks to me because I'm just an average american white guy. I didn't really like it much for that reason and I prefer Spain overall, which is eternally underrated.
>>
>>2107154
Italy is nice as well. But, it's expensive because unlike what you said, both Italy and Spain are meme destinations. There are other countries in the EU which offer similar lifestyle and quality of life for less.

That aside, I totally agree with your comments about the French. Arrogant, self-obsessed cunts is what they are.
>>
>>2106984
Back to R*ddit please
>>
>>2107202
Parisians are indeed assholes and the whole country hate them.
On the other hand, french people usually don't care if you're a tourist or not. Don't expect fake smiles and interest like the amerilards do, you do your stuff, and they do theirs. Which is also what happens in other countries like Italy, Netherlands or Czech Republic, but somehow it's always the french who are arrogants selfish meanies.
>>
>>2107154
parisians are considered snobby stuck-up chainsmoking assholes by even other frenchmen, it's that bad, it's like a social experiment where everybody is always trying to outhipster and outblasé each other, the only fun parisians I've ever hanged out with were the fat cabaret lurking bon vivants
>>
>>2107227
I am not American, so I am not used to American shallow kindness. Honestly, you can't put the French in the same category as other Europeans because they are way worse.
>>
>>2107227
>>2107250
>>2107327
paris was never a good city. france was never a good country
>>
>>2106682
there are so many logical flaws to what you just said its unreal. I dont even know where to begin so I'm just not going to bother. you're either black or too far gone to save.
>>
>>2106545
>I don't hate the place, I think you can still visit and enjoy it, just don't compare it to what it was once upon a time.
Do all burgers or just /Pol/acks suffer from Paris (of the past) syndrome even more then the Japanese?
Paris has been a shithole since fucking Villon, even at its peak ( be it enlightenment, Napoleon or belle epoque) it had a very seedy underbelly.
Thinking it somehow got worse instead of improving is hilarious.
Also
Look what you made me do, defending Paris of all places, where I'm obliged by nationality to make fun of it at every opportunity.
>>
>>2106532
kek
>>
>>2106682
>>2106686
>Muh racism
>Muh colonialism
>Muh white supremacy
Opinion discarded
>>
>>2106576
The Republican regime is not equivalent to France itself. Although many French are satisfied with their current political regime that certainly doesn't mean that it's at the core of their identity. You have a few French monarchists and Bonapartists and their are no less French than staunch Republicans. If the Republic were to be replaced by another kind of regimsuch as a Swiss-like direct democracy or a monarchy, or whatever, the French people would not magically cease to be French.
>>
>>2108678
>>Muh colonialism
I'm not even him but did you even see a map of colonial times Africa?
Frogs controlled a fucking third of the whole continent and are even now knee deep involved there.
As for "why?" surely chincs invest dozens of billions$ there due to their inborn kindheartedness and charity.
>>
>>2106686
>from the south where they'd have to come from Malta first, crossing the Mediterranean? from the northeast where they'd have to come from Germany first?
Yeah those ones
>>
>>2108764
Dude the 2015 refugee crisis was Germany and Sweden shooting themselves in the leg (and noticing too late to back off without losing face)
It didn't make much difference in France where the numbers have risen since 2010.
Seriously these didn't mean shit compared to the lot that was already there.
Or do you think Zidane came to France in a dinghy in 2015?
>>
>>2106545
based and truepilled
>>
>>2108663
don't be ridiculous. In the 1800s the greatest artists would live there. Chopin etc. It was literally the center of European culture.
Now it's the center of European Africans.
>>
>>2108884
>Chopin etc. It was literally the center of European culture.

Chopin lived there because he couldn't live back home courtesy of Prussians, Russians, and Hapsburgs. I don't understand why he chose France.
>>
>>2108884
>In the 1800s the greatest artists would live there. Chopin etc. It was literally the center of European culture.
dude Paris beeing the capital of the world at that time doesnt mean it wasnt seedy as fuck.
You had several cholera epidemics, riots, assassination attempts,sinkholes and do you even know why the catacombs were created?
Because the conditions on the overflowing cemeteries were so unsanitary and horrid that one breaking wall flooded a marketplace with half-rotted corpses.
The importance of a city doesnt automatically make it an elven disneyland
>>
murrican poltards are obsessed with this "fall of europe" narrative
>>
>>2108914
people used to literally take corpse fatbergs that would rise to the surface of the cemeteries to make soap lmao so much for "muh western civilization"
>>
>>2109018
>so much for "muh western civilization"
What does that have to do with the rest?
How do you think other big cities every where else looked like? Crystal spires and togas?
>>
Was in Paris in 2010. Most of Southern France is better but it was cleaner then I expected other then dogshit near the major parks because people are assholes.

How bad is it nowadays compared to then?
>>
>>2106534
>just be less racist
I simply cannot
>>
>>2109068
/pol/ larpers like to romanticize the idea of "western civilization" while condemning the "savagery" of other societies when it's all a total shitshow, they're proudful hyprocrites and they're completely unaware of it
>>
>>2109156
Yeah, someone should gift them a historical picture book for children because that's honesty embarrassing.

>proudful hyprocrites
Romantizing Western civilization while renouncing a lot of the stuff that made it great.
No surprise there
>>
>>2108926
kind of like how euro soys are obsessed with the le drumpf bad fall of america narrative?
>>
>>2106682
>the idea that all humans share the same intrinsic value is a principle upon which the modern western world was built upon and has its roots in christianity

Is that the dominant viewpoint? The dominant position currently espoused is that the modern western world was built upon the oppression of indigenoux folx, and NEVER scribed to egalatarianism.

> nobody does that, that is the entire point of immigration, a cosmopolitan society should be able to leave the bad behind (like the unfounded idea that white people are superior in any way shape or form) and adopt the good from other cultures, and other cultures do the same like the vast majority of westernized muslims and what not

Is that something empirically observable? Or is it a simplistic propaganda piece? If it is observable, then where?
>>
Vienna is still nice.
>>
>>2109448
If you're an Afghani looking to rape a white girl then sure.
>>
>>2106532
Lel I've actually been to Bratislava. Slavin memorial and a pastry shop (placinka lacinka I think?) Were ghe highlights.

Coming from metro detroit, real interesting vibe. Felt like economic mobility was impossible and lifestyles were rather constrained (socially as well as by what goods and services are available). However, I didn't see any homeless and it felt quite safe at night. And though there's less lifestyle choice, the lifestyles chosen by most around where I am are rather shallow and gluttonous.

AND THE HALUSKY

HOW COULD I FORGET THE HALUSKY?

God it was fucking phenomenal, it's like mac and cheese went to the ball and her fairy godmother made her more lovely than one could ever imagine her.
>>
>>2106534
>Gets raped by shit skins
>C'mon bro open your mind

You're a massive faggot.
>>
>>2109805
A good Halušky after a walk in the Tatra Mountains.
>>
>>2106686
The mediterranean and north africa is still by far the largest source of migrants to france not Germany. france ends up giving them all citizenship or sends them across the channel to the UK in boats, escorting them straight into UK waters. france chose to colonize african shitholes and didn't know when to let go, now the african shitholes are colonizing france and are granted citizenship and zero incentives to integrate and then they spit out 5 children per woman and raise them the same way they would in north africa. france is demographically and culturally a muslim nation now, in the literal sense and it will only get worse, much much worse.
>>
>>2110491
false, the mediterranean refugee flow post 2016 has been minuscule, it only got that bad in the first place because libya was in absolute chaos, ever since then france has been working closely with the libyan coast guard to return the shitty dingies back to the coast (to much liberal hysteria), and with the sahel countries i.e. mauritania, mali, burkina faso, niger, chad to keep refugees down there waiting for their papers to get analysed (massive denial rates), preventing them from crossing the sahara, from being subject to atrocious humanitarian conditions and from ever setting foot in Europe

it's increasingly rare now that the cuck captains based in Malta will find and rescue a nigger boat adrift in the middle of the mediterranean and cry and scream so spain, italy or france let them land it on their coast
>>
>>2110781
You are delusional. The majority of migrants to france come from africa (50%), followed by other places in europe (30%). And the single largest group of migrants in france from africa (or anywhere for that matter) are algerians, most of whom get citizenship.
>>
>>2111115
And I forgot to mention, but the 2nd largest group of migrants to france are moroccans. Both the 1st and 2nd largest groups come from former french colonies or protectorates.
>>
>>2111115
>>2111118
exactly, not from shitty adrift dinghy boats, not even the subsaharan africans from former french colonies like senegal and congo, the dinghy boat people were mostly from conflicts zones in the DRC and cameroon

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.