[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 23 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 5.jpg (552 KB, 700x1050)
552 KB
552 KB JPG
37 year old guy here. Had inheritance, made money from stocks/crypto, worked for dad's friend financial firm, retired now.

I spent pretty much off of my late 20's to mid 30's traveling around Europe and Asia cooming my brain away. I've done most of the luxurious stuff, as well as many cool local things that girls took me on, but I've just hit a phase in my life where I want to see something else, maybe something more meaningful.

I want to see holy sites that might be off the obvious path, I want to see what the world is really like (don't want to go anywhere too dangerous though, I "look" rich so I'm worried about kidnapping).

I want to see adventure, tombs, holy sites, religious monuments, etc. Or famous spiritual places, or places that feel like distant worlds.

What do?

By the way I have no financial advice so please don't ask. You basically need a lot of money invested over a period of time and you're guaranteed to win, any kind of yolo on options/crypto is gambling. This is why the rich stay rich or get richer, and poor people seldom break out (though it's possible)
>>
>>2106470
>don't want to go anywhere too dangerous though, I "look" rich so I'm worried about kidnapping).
Then don't look rich when you go there retard.
>>
>>2106472
It's called breeding. People can tell you have it (or in your case, not have it) despite what you wear.
>>
>>2106473
I have a disturbingly symmetrical face. I'm 6'3 with a shredded athletic body. I have blonde hair and blue eyes and the jaw of UFC champion.
I studied Law at Yale and Harvard and opened my own corporate law firm which subsequently became the most prestigious in the East Coast.
I invested in Bitcoin in 2009 and have held ever since. I'm a US polo champion and have been begged to go professional in golf, kite surfing and skiing.
I retired at 28 and went on an expedition, subsequently finding a lost Mayan temple. I studied Mayan Astrology and attained a Ph.D. in Ancient Numerology and Astrology from Cambridge University. I'm 30 now. And date a famous actress, I won't mention here.
I bought a yacht and sail mostly around the South Pacific. Women are pests to me generally. They constantly think I'm a famous actor or billionaire (I'm very close). They pester me to impregnate them. Sometimes I think my role in life is to spread my perfect genes to aide humanity into a new golden dawn. But my semen is so precious that I'm very judicious in whom I spray inside.
Recently I went to Northern India on the invite of the Dalai Lama. However, I quickly bored of his questions on the meaning of life and what it is to be virtuous. I have gained many disciples but I have no respect for them. The meaning of ife can only be understood by a mathematical equation but it seems I am the only one intelligent enough to decipher it.
Keep searching, poor pathetic scrounge. Your life may be a mess of failures but suicide is always at hand. Don't be afraid to be a coward.
>>
your one caveat is a big one. might as well go to japan if you want safety+temples/spiritual places. you can go up and down in japan visiting smaller islands and find cool shit that most tourists don't bother with.
>>
>>2106470
I don't understand, you seem like such a concieted twat. How are you spiritual? Or are you desperate to change?
>>
>>2106479
If a pleb were to write what they thought made a person sophisticated and well bred, they would write what you did lol.

>>2106484
I've spent over a year in Japan. It's nice but also not as nice as people think it is.

>>2106488
how do I sound like a conceited twat? I'm just straight forward
>>
>>2106495
>how do I sound like a conceited twat? I'm just straight forward
Good breeding, poor people etc. Do you think you sound spiritual?
It takes humility to accept you're a twat. So maybe that's a good first step idk
>>
>>2106507
>good breeding, poor people...

yeah, those are both real things that exist.
>>
>>2106520
Do you not know what 'conceited' means?
Those things exist, but it is conceited people who refer to them when explaining how they feel superior.
This whole post is a paradox.
>>
>>2106521
Saying that the "rich get richer and the poor get poorer" isn't a conceited expression of superiority... are you serious??
>>
>>2106479
?? Kek
>>
>>2106523
>rich get richer and the poor get poore
Pretty selective self-quote.
You probably can't see how you appear to others. Narcissism?
Anyway, I hope you find spirituality. I would recommend ayahuasca in Peru or Ecuador or perhaps peyote in Mexico.
Best of luck.
>>
>>2106470
Honestly, you might be rich but you sound like a mongrel.

if you had actually worked or did something meaningful in your life, or found some semblance of meaning besides money and 'cooming', you would not be asking these kind of questions, the way you are asking. And you wouldn't be in the kind of stunted life situation you would be at now, asking about how to look for meaning in 'off the beaten path' or 'spiritual places' kind of shit like some mid life crisis boomer.

I'll save you some time. In a few years of doing that kind of thing you'll just end up in the same place in your life, the same place right now. You won't fucking find anything meaningful just by going to fucking places you moron. You sound like your whole life revolves around the fact that making money will somehow give you meaning. Sad.
>>
>>2106523
>poor people
>good breeding
>I'm rich
>pleb
>how do I sound conceited!!??
>>
>>2106539
this is how people talk on 4chan.

This is 4chan, not reddit. You should probably go back.
>>
>>2106542
>this is how people talk on 4chan
Some. But they don't also talk about how much they value spirituality. Kek.
>>
>>2106470
Aside from the money part, you sound like a basic bitch. You lack a soul and you write like a bug man.

Now repent and seek your spiritual side.
>>
>>2106470
Assuming this is not a larp, which it may be cause it's yet another thread in the same vein posted in the last 24 hours.

Congratulations, you have reached the limits of hedonism. It's nothing new. You may go in two distinct directions now:

1) Self destruction. Being bored of normal activities you may pursue more risky and "rewarding" stuff, which usually comes down to drugs and some sort of power-play-violence. I wouldn't advise that.

2) Turn to things that give life meaning. Like starting a family. Lots of content available these days to understand what this is about. Your interest in "holy places" seems to indicate you are going in this direction, which I believe is the only rational choice.

From my experience, the biggest treasure is hidden within. Maybe this is what you are yearning for and temples/holy places are just the first idea that comes to your mind. Regression therapy has done wonders for me. Life has so much meaning now. I can't wait for the next dream. I go to sleep every night with great anticipation. It's as if I was going to movies every night and each movie was telling me something groundbreaking about my life. Pretty cool.
>>
>>2106473
who do you think you are, the King of Spain?
>>
fuck you sound like an insufferable faggot
>>
>>2106470

holy shit those tits are perfect
>>
Go to Jerusalem, whatever you're looking for you'll find it there
>>
>>2106621
Will I find the Ark of Coomvenant there?
>>
>>2106470
you're 37 so your life is meaningless. donate all your money to some sort of religious organization and then off yourself. sounds pretty spiritual to me
>>
>>2106748
>then off yourself
The important part
>>
>>2106479
>I have gained many disciples but I have no respect for them
>tfw chilling on the Persepolian sculpting council after a long day of meditation just to be confronted with your master's indifference
what's a good country to ride out this existential crisis
>>
>>2106670
That's in Ethiopia supposedly, unfortunately right in the middle of the region that's at war right now
>>
>>2106470
post more asian tits and maybe I'll tell you
>>
>>2106470
Is Lourdes worth traveling to in France?
>>
>>2106533
>>2106557

This, OP. You only get one life and you've wasted most of it being a selfish idiot. Try giving up all your possessions and helping the poor, you'll unironically feel way more fulfilled than continuing life tormented by lust and greed and egoism. Or not, and continue living an empty selfish life until you're too old to change and wither away as a bitter old man, gnawed by passions he can no longer indulge in
>>
why is everyone so upset and giving OP shitty advice? Stop seething so hard you fucking incels
>>
>>2106997
I wonder who could have bumped this many hours later with an arbitrary & out-of-the-blue defense of OP.
>>
>>2106781
So, you are lying in the previous post, is it? Just like holocaust
>>
>>2106997
Sup OP
>>
>>2106997
>why is everyone so upset and giving OP shitty advice? Stop seething so hard you fucking incels
Hi OP
>>
>>2107001
>I wonder who could have bumped this many hours later with an arbitrary & out-of-the-blue defense of OP
It couldn't have been OP because he's spiritual.
>>
>>2107001
>>2107074
>>2107076
h-hello
>>
>>2107079
>h-hello
Hi, go fuck yourself
>>
File: 1626087704921.jpg (84 KB, 640x640)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
Sooooooo... when's japan opening their borders?

I need to coom. Might just buy a one-way ticket due for january since this Covid shit isn't slowing down.
>>
>>2107120
they announced today that they're hesitant about easing restrictions by November, which is the original plan. In fact many airlines have cancelled tickets in November already.
>>
>>2106470
>I spent pretty much off of my late 20's to mid 30's traveling around Europe and Asia cooming my brain away.
Nouveau riche subhuman degenerate, no matter how ‘rich’ you think you are your actions will always reveal your trailer trash heritage.
>>
>>2107148
worrying about status is a sign of low status.

Maybe stop worrying about whether you'll be perceived as "nouveau rich" if you make it and start worrying about how you're going to make rent next month nigga
>>
he said it himself. he coomed his brain away. now he's a hollow shell of a man
>>
>>2107129
How can airlines just cancel your shit? It's not even october yet, how do they know?
>>
i cannot stop myself from buying eth

i buy, and i buy more

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.