[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 34 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (4.15 MB, 2500x1562)
4.15 MB
4.15 MB PNG
The best airlines you traveled with?
>>
>>2106115
Mega Latios in Hoenn
>>
British Airways
>>
Why has none ever thought of this? Rotating wings is a possibility. It could be used to generate lift and enable faster speeds. I'm not talking about on a passenger plane. This is such a good idea that I'm surprised I've never thought of it before.
>>
>>2106115
Wizz Air

>>2106206
You should apply for an engineer position at Boeing
>>
>>2106206
Airbus AE here. We initially tested this hypothesis where we installed hinges on the wings and used surplus indian labourers inside the baggage hold below passanger seats. Holding tension cables they were akin to vikings rowing a boat, pulling the cables in unison to flap the wings. Unfortunately the unions came after us and we had to switch to the far inferior jet engine which requires gasoline for fuel instead of curry. Still, the Poojet has been proven to function as a viable alternative to fossil fuels.
>>
>>2106220
Fascinating.
>>
Swissair A340 from Zurich to Hong Kong.

I'll basically die happy.
>>
JAL or Qantas. Korean Air is nice too
>>
The best airline is the one that has the least delays and a seat I don't want to immediately die in. In economy class that is all I can ask for and hope for.
>>
>Why has none ever thought of this? Hyperdrive is a possibility. It could be used to generate lift and enable subliminal speeds. I'm not talking about on Millenium Falcon. This is such a good idea that I'm surprised I've never thought of it before.
>>
>>2106118
fpbp
>>2106115
I have only used Avianca, and they are based
>>
>>2106382
I've flown on Avianca. I liked it. Free alcohol was served in coach class and the plane was fairly modern.
>>
Emirates. The amount and quality you get for what you pay is a big selling point. The only drawback being a layover in Dubai.
>>
>>2106396
Why is that a drawback? Regardless of what you think of the city... It's an airport.
>>
>>2106396
DXB is a great airport.
>>
>>2106322
>Swissair A340
I hope it was in first because their A340 is an old decrepit piece of shit.
>>
>>2106399
>>2106418
>It's an airport.
Exactly. If you've been there multiple times the novelty wears off and those 4-6 hours long layovers sucks. Especially if it took you 8+hrs to get there and then take another 10+hrs to reach your final destination afterwards.
>>
>>2106115
Hainan airlines treated me very well on their bruxelles Shanghai flight
>>
>>2106115
the best one i have travelled on recently was qatar airways, in business class. it's almost like having a little room to yourself, with its own door and everything. at the end i didn't want to get off the plane.
>>
Garuda Indonesia had the best food by far, 10/10.
Emirates was amazing, great seat comfort and good food. Best coffee so far. Bonus points for having the Airbus A380, it's an experience of its own.
Gotta love Singapore Airways for the nice uniforms the cabin crew wears.

Only take KLM if you're desperate and your flight takes no more than 8 hours.
>>
>>2106399
Dubai airport personifies that annoying Arab guy in Europe that drives around in an expensive car all cocky and rude.
The whole place is built to look like it cost a fortune and likes to show off how expensive it is.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind having a 2 hour layover there. But by God more than 4 hours and I might kill myself with the constant call to prayer and pissed off faces 24/7.
>>
>>2106814
So... Dubai.
>>
>>2106211
>Wizz Air
Good one
>>
Qatar
>>
>>2106115
singapore airlines
vueling when i'm in europe
simple as
>>
Singapore airlines for comfort, atmosphere and service.
Vietnam Airlines for tight butts in my face.
Qantas for alcohol and based retards to converse with.
>>
>>2106115
Qatar, tons of room, decent meals and decent entertainment. Layover in Doha was only like 30 mins so it was nice getting to stretch my legs without being held up
>>
>>2106115
>fly Sydney to london with emirates
>Old as fuck 1st plane
>2nd leg was new plane, more comfortable seats and generally better
>do the return legs
>expect to get the shit plane on the 2nd leg but get another new plane

I'm sure there are better airlines on average, but sometimes some are good and some are bad. And it just depends on the day/leg
>>
>>2106115
I travelled with a 100 different airlines but honestly I can't remember any difference between them. They are all the same, except for the price and the allowed hand baggage size.
>>
>>2107220
>100 different airlines
>no difference between them
larp
>>
Korean air was pretty cool when I used them once
>>
Asiana Air was nice enough to remember. Delta is the only one even passable in the states.
>>
>>2106814
The new Istanbul Airport is a horrific display of nationalism. Endless cubicles selling the same shitty Turkish food.
>>
>>2107293
at obscene prices compared to the actual city
>>
>>2106115

Japan Airlines treats you like first class in economy
>>
Qantas business class. So comfy. You get a little blanket and some pijamas. Nice food. Only thing lacking is that their flight attendants are mostly old hags instead of the young glamours like other airlines.
>>
File: qsuite.jpg (207 KB, 1200x1600)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
I flew from Lahore to the United States in Qatar Airways business earlier this summer. Great experience. Food was good, service was incredible, and I think I slept for 10 hours out of the 14-hour flight from Doha to Chicago.

Unfortunately I got SSSS'd in America, which sort of soured the experience... but that's not really the airline's fault, I guess. Just had to spend ~20-30 minutes getting reamed by the TSA, and my bag came out last instead of with the rest of the business bags.

Pic related, took it on the flight. I was in a QSuite both legs of the journey.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.