[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 28 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

>work came out today allowing our entire department working remote for the rest of the year minimum
>Seattle to Seoul flights cheap
>South Korea also cheap for living and getting around
>90 day visa free for US citizens
>decent enough train system that is open
Looking at the available countries out there seems like it would be fairly easy to get and live in for a bit. Only ever been to Seoul a long time ago so doubt anything I have in mind is not relevant. Thinking doing 1 month in Seoul and burn the quarantine there, then 1.5mo around the country and islands. I don't exactly care about hookers/sexpatting, just looking to be outside the country for a bit. I get it's about 1k to quarantine, but not a huge issue given how cheap the rest of the country seems.

Anyone been there recently specifically from the US? Mostly looking into what the vibe is around the bigger cities to the south and maybe some of the mountain areas.
>>
>>2105547
>Anyone been there recently specifically from the US?
I have, just got home a couple weeks ago after staying for almost the full 90 days.
>Mostly looking into what the vibe is around the bigger cities to the south and maybe some of the mountain areas.
Can't offer a lot of insight there. The only cities in the south I went to were Busan and Gyeongju. Busan is good if you like beaches and nightlife -- Seomyeon is packed full of degenerate bar-hopping Koreans at night. Gyeongju is good if you like the outdoors and historical sites, it's a quiet city.

By the way, every business closes at 10 PM sharp due to government mandate. There's also a strict rule that only groups of 2 are allowed to meet after 6 PM, so you won't see any big groups of people hanging out and partying together. If you're very interested in nightlife, covid may impact your ability to enjoy the country.
>>
>>2105585
The curfew stuff doesn't bother me too much as I'd still be required to work while there. My plan to line up with my "office hours" would essentially be waking up around 9 or 10PM and working till 6AM or so, other than maybe grabbing some fast food quick. My main time out would more or less be 6AM till about 3PM(minus weekends/holidays) so not exactly looking into partying the entire time. This is more or less just wanting to be outside the US for a bit and get my cabin fever out of my system.

> If you're very interested in nightlife, covid may impact your ability to enjoy the country.
Semi interested but the map I have for myself is more nature-ish focused. I won't mind doing something if I get it via tinder or what not, but that's about it. Most the places of stay post quarantine I am looking at are essentially guest houses all with common rooms that could provide some relief. A friend of mine was planning to come with but ended up skipping out entirely and just saving his money to bet on spring, but I want to get away.
>>
>>2105590
>My main time out would more or less be 6AM till about 3PM(minus weekends/holidays) so not exactly looking into partying the entire time.
In that case, the curfew shouldn't impact you at all anyway.
I did the same thing as you just to get away from the stress and political craziness of the US and I had a really great time. Granted, I was with my Korean girlfriend. I'd recommend making a local friend in advance who can help you with quarantine stuff (you need a Korean phone number), help you find the best local spots on Naver, etc.
>>
>>2105622
Word yeah, already vaxxed with plans to fully enroll in the CLEAR thing, and have a few natives living there that I can hit up. Any Advice for when you were there? I plan to leave next month and stay till probably new years, most likely coming back to the US after but completely open to other options.
>>
>>2105640
You don't have to prepare much. You've been to Seoul already so you probably pretty much know what to expect.
>download Naver or Kakao maps because Google is shit there
>have a friend willing to give you their phone number for the quarantine and contact tracing stuff (you have to check your temp and write down your korean number in every business you go to)
>download 배달의민족 and Coupang Eats for food delivery
>Papago is the best Korean to English translation app, and probably the best translation app period
>new year will probably be freezing cold, so pack accordingly

I didn't do a lot of nature stuff so can't offer much advice there. All cities in Korea seem to have a pretty unique identity so if you want advice on any of these then I can help.
>seoul
>incheon
>paju
>goyang
>busan
>gyeongju
>>
>>2105585
does this also affect convinience stores and takeout places?
went a few years ago and the 24/7 takeout joints and delivery apps were based.

>>2105973
if i'm VAXXED do i still have to doxx myself at every fucking shop i go to?

not OP but also going to seoul soon.
>>
>>2105978
>does this also affect convinience stores and takeout places?
Convenience stores are the only businesses that are open 24/7. So you can still sit outside the 7-11 drinking soju at a picnic table at 3 AM, which I did many times. Delivery apps should work 24 hours as well I think.
>>2105978
>if i'm VAXXED do i still have to doxx myself at every fucking shop i go to?
Right now yeah, but you don't have to fill out anything too personal
>date
>time
>korean phone number
>city you're staying in
You could probably just write down fake information if you really wanted to. No one is going to check.

Also to OP I'd recommend downloading Kakao Taxi. Uber doesn't work there but Kakao T fulfills the same purpose across the whole country. Taxis are pretty cheap and work in a pinch, but the drivers are all boomers who will probably not speak any English.
>>
>>2105983
more worried about the fact i'm planning to ditch my korean SIM after quarantine because i got a phone plan with great international rates and want to just use pocket wifi for data.
maybe i'll just keep using it or bring a second phone. not a huge deal.

>So you can still sit outside the 7-11 drinking soju at a picnic table at 3 AM
based. this is exactly what i want to do.
>>
>>2105547
Is Kayak wrong, or can a non-Korean citizen get in to Korea right now?
https://www.kayak.com/travel-restrictions/south-korea
>>
>>2106047
Only Korea citizens can bypass the quarantine should they have some emergency or family to stay with for self quarantine. US citizens have basically been able to go to korea the entire time same with a bunch of countries for US citizens
>>
>>2105547
Mine did the same. I boooed flights. Then they said an email saying how actually you had to stay in the same time zone and “strongly encouraged” you set up a more permanent home office. In my experience, remote work just means “take the office home with you on your dime and be available 24/7”.
>>
>>2105547
SK is not cheap for living, op
>>
>>2106158
Looking at it 15 days in a 1br place with a desk ~325 bucks, not bad really.
>>2106144
Worked in Japan and abroad before it's a non issue, that's how I got the 10PM->6AM schedule however since doing mainly west coast time zone now I can do 12AM->8AM. Will be nice to have a few things more open
>>
>>2105622
your girlfriend is definitely ugly/crazy and is only dating you because you're white
>>
What kind of budget do I want to spend 2 weeks in Korea? What's the average price for a hooker?
>>
My wife is Korean and we love going into the mountains. We are about to have our first kid together too. (I have a previous two kids with another Korean woman but she turned out to be CRAZY, long story) but yeah absolutely love living in Korea and I miss it. Now we are in Cali.
>>
>>2106498
No need to find a hooker dude. Are you White? Just find them on insta, they may reach out to you first. Just make sure they aren't Philippinas pretending to be Korean. Yuck
>>
>>2106401
Neither, which is backed up by her big group of friends. But I'll let her know you said that so we can have a good laugh before I fuck her.
>>
>>2106498
>she turned out to be CRAZY
ALL Korean women are crazy, even your current wife. Some just hide it better than others. You should probably just get used to that now, in case you plan on dating/marrying more of them in the future once your current wife tries to kill you in your sleep.
>>
Is it true that korean pussy is spicy and smells like sauerkraut?
>>
>>2106501
Any plans to move back to Korea? California seems like kind of a downgrade
>>
>>2106836
Not him but have you been to Korea before? Cali sucks from the news aspect and shit but you can manage to live well in it depending on the spot. Korea is fine but damn this place is full of grass is greener idiots who never lived outside the US. The USA has pitfalls if you glue yourself to the news all the time but so will many places, people seriously misjudge how a meh live in the US can be vastly superior to those overseas.
>>2106518
All women are crazy around guys who are insecure and/or coomers. Asian women can be stupid crazy if you don't know how gender roles work in a relationship.
>>
>>2106518
Anon, ALL humans are crazy regardless of nationality, gender or dick length. Some are just better at hiding it as you say, but I challenge you to find one single person in the world who does not have a single trauma or a weird thing about them.
Asian women being crazy is just them being bad at hiding it.
>>
>>2106839
>people seriously misjudge how a meh live in the US can be vastly superior to those overseas

A lot of people who have spent time abroad (in a really different country (not Canada or a cruise) including myself will say this is true.

SK is a well run country but the average Korean lives in a shitty apartment in a massive tower block and the average Californian in house with yard and garage. If you don't get why this is an enormous upgrade then fuck off to reddit.com. A lot of the "problems" of being an Amerifag also go away when you are decently skilled or have a reliable job.
>>
>>2106841
Spot on post really and "Asian women being crazy is just them being bad at hiding it." needs to be echo'd.
>>2106843
Lived and worked in Asia for a while, once you actually get off the tourist fun budget or better off housing that can actually offer things like airbnb, actual day-to-day is complete different. I oh so love discussing my times living in Japan only for some weeb to go "uhh no ahktually I spend 3 months there on my tourist visa and never ever saw that" or "well I lived in tokyo(not city prefecture as a JET) and that never happened. US a shit".

One thing I always love people forgetting to mention is actual income earned, buying power, and job/life balance. No one ever seems to bring those aspects up same with actual commute times being near on par with things, nah the grass is just greener simply because they got some trains or something.
>>
>>2106505
Is she living in your country? It must honestly suck to not even know what your gf looks like under all that plastic surgery, makeup, and skin-whitening cream. Who knows, you may be dating an absolute uggo if it weren't for Dr. Kim's hands.
>>
File: 16661234111.jpg (127 KB, 1136x852)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>My wife is Korean and we love going into the mountains. We are about to have our first kid together too. (I have a previous two kids with another Korean woman but she turned out to be CRAZY, long story) but yeah absolutely love living in Korea and I miss it. Now we are in Cali.
>>
If you're a normal Korean dude, the chances of you dating an insane Korean woman is probably around 25%. If you're a westerner, the chances of you sticking your dick in crazy shoots up to 95%. Why? Because most Korean women who meet white guys in Korea are usually mentally unstable with literal daddy issues. That's why they hate Korean men and seek out foreign men to make them feel better. They also see white men as high status, so a lot of women you'll meet are simply using you for clout, validation, inferiority complex, etc. Maybe even english lessons. They're also usually massive whores because it takes absolutely nothing for them to spread their legs. Their standards for white guys are piss poor and will fuck anyone that gives them an ounce of attention. Every foreign guy who has lived in Korea for more than a couple years will attest to this. Hooking up in Korea is easy. Finding a deep, meaningful, long-term relationship is very elusive.
>>
>>2106853
Holy shit this just reeks of "trust me I read off reddit". You'd be correct to most anons here looking stupid desperate or the low self esteem/no confidence English teachers, but in general public you are wrong. Desperate people will always end up with bottom of the barrel experiences because they are fine with low standards.

I hope your post was just well crafted bait because it's good in that regards only.
>>
>>2106874
t. is dating a bottom of the barrel korean woman and is in complete denial of it
>>
>>2105622
How did you meet your gf?
>>
File: 217.png (371 KB, 710x805)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
>>2106853
I was there recently. I slept with 6 girls and dated 4 of them. I'm white for reference.

1 of them was crazy, she entered my place while I was sleeping to take a shower. I looked like her ex so I think she was trying to relive some memories through me or something.

I saw no weird of strange behavior from the others, they were always nice, calm and pleasant to be around.
>>
>>2106853
>Hooking up in Korea is easy
Yeah until you notice the disgusting trolls most white guys are fucking. The white guys here have some disgustingly low standards. They are like the black guys in the US.
>>
>>2106948
This. Most the stories that anon is referring to is almost exclusively from English teachers who figured they would hit it big, but really have no motivation to change themselves and solely bank of the fact they are white. The girls that approach you absolute first because you exist are looking at you as a piggy bank or a visa ticket out of the country. The anons here and the english teaches there, would just walk at the first thing biologically female even if it's a scam.

If you don't mind turning down the first thing that moves, you'll find something if you have any level of personality and self esteem.
>>
>>2106934
If they were "normal" why would they sleep with some foreigner who they can't even properly communicate with and has no understanding of their culture? They clearly all have some sort of fantasy or fetish for white men to get with you or you're just really fucking good looking and fit the Korean beauty standard to a T and can speak fluent Korean.
>>
>>2106974
>why would normal people have an active sex life. Don't they care about my arbitrary values?!
Believe it or not having an active sex life is fairly normal, in a country with 51 million people not too hard to get something if you're willing to put the effort into it.

I know this board changed a bunch since cryptoshits started invading for yellow fever relief, but prior to it most posters here were fairly normal going people looking for some advice. There are a still few of us posters here that don't think travel = sex sex sex. Depending how long anon was there 6 really isn't that hard a number to hit if you play your cards right and don't look like a fucking stereotypical 4chan weeb.
>>
>>2106501
>I have a previous two kids with another Korean woman but she turned out to be CRAZY, long story
Basically everyone who married a Korean ends up saying this.
>>
>>2106934
Sounds too larp to be true
>>
>>2106981
What as your experience been like in that country?
>>
>>2106998
Unless anon was there for a week, then 6 isn't that hard if you know basic shit.
>don't be a fatass
>groom yourself, shower and shave
>dress in something not MAH WAIFU IS REI
>shower regularly
>be personable and know how to hold a conversation
>be willing to step outside your boundries a little, go to drink, explore some random shops, etc
>share hobbies
>don't smell of desperation for sex, be confident in your actions, basic dating shit
I know this isn't what most /trv/ wants to hear given the amount of coomers that migrated in from biz/pol/int but seriously, it's not that hard. You don't even need to be a 10/10 giga chad just know how to dress without looking like that nobby from lord of the rings or whatever, should be able to get at least a 5/10.
>>
>>2106981
>>2107025
I'm not doubting his story at all. If you're a white guy, it's incredibly easy to date or sleep with Korean women. It's possible to fuck multiple women a day just by swiping on Tinder. My point was that the women he met were not normal if they easily get with a random foreigner.
>>
>>2107025
No, the part where he fucked 6 of them is believable. But dated 4 korean chicks? Haha lmao korea is not vietnam, anon.
>>
>>2107046
Dating four Korean girls is incredibly easy, especially as a white guy. The caveat here is that none of them will be quality. Both in the looks and mental health department.
>>
>>2106952
>Visa out of the country
Korea isn't Thailand anon. Most Koreans can travel around freely. Quite easy for them to immigrate to Canada which is what some of them do.
>>2107046
Technically I could do this in the US too but my standards would have to be lower. It's easy to get laid anywhere if your standards are low enough. Unfortunately I don't want to fuck fat mutt landwhales nor do I want to fuck an ugly low class Korean girls who fucked 10 white guys before me but there are people who do.
>>
>>2106948
Kek. This happens here too. Lots of foreigner end up dating what we call "woman with a housekeeper face". But I also saw some brazilians bragging about having sex with american/european women and they usually are ugly but blonde and blue eyed. I guess people get turned on by what they don't usually see in their countries and since they are not aware of the social relations and beauty standards in the foreign countries they end up dating people of low social standing.
>>
>>2106998
>>2107025
>>2107046
>>2107150
I was there for three months so it's really not that crazy. I'm tall and good looking. Here's a description of each:

Girl #1: Met her on my first day out of quarantine. I met her at a restaurant across from my apartment (lol) and ended up having sex right after. She was very athletic and we went out for about a month. Sex was extremely good, but she wanted something long term. Oh well.

Girl #2. Extremely nice, pretty good looking. We are in a similar line of work so that was really great. Also slept with her on the first date but it wasn't very good, seemed to hurt her a bit. I saw her for almost the full duration. Probably the nicest.

3. Barely remember this girl. I got pizza with her. She was really skinny in her photos but a little chubby in person (usually a deal breaker). She made it really easy and I basically tuned out while she clubbed me over the head and dragged me back to my place while talking my ear off about black widow or some shit. Sex was okay but I wasn't interested.

4. My favorite girl. Genuinely really high quality. I met her at a terrible korean restaurant but she ended up getting a job she didn't think she'd get. We celebrated by getting drunk at a bar near my place and ended up having sex at my place. I was leaving for a different apartment soon but she invited me back to her place a day later. Sex was incredible, she was really good looking, and she her apartment was very well kept. Continued to visit her the rest of my trip because I liked her so much.

5. Absolutely nuts. In her 30s but good looking enough. I met her on badoo or something, but she was nice enough. Her behavior was erratic and didn't make any sense. She asked to stay with me for a week and I accepted. She tried to leave because she thought I didn't want her there which didn't make any sense so I asked her to come back. Sex with her was maniacal, she was extremely aggressive and basically rubber burned my dick several times w/
cont
>>
>>2107178
Not much to say. Good looking, skinny. Met her at a bar next to my apartment my last couple days there. Had sex on the first date but didn't get to see her again since I was leaving. She was interested in me but we never got the opportunity to take it further. Nice sense of fashion too,
>>
>>2107178
Do you have any pics? How did you communicate? Is it normal for all these girls to fuck immediately after meeting?
>>
>>2107184
Here's a picture of me lmao. Feel a little bad about doxxing the girls because they were nice to me.

Sex on the first date was extremely common for me there. There was one girl I saw a few times in Itaewon that ended up not putting out ever, just flirting. I eventually told her how many girls I was seeing and she almost fell out of her chair
>>
>>2107193
Do you use a condom?
>>
>>2107193
Can you email me? I'll be going there soon
>>
>>2107193
They won't know that their pics were posted & it's not like there would be any consequences to posting them or that they're compromising photos. Just post em pls so we can gauge how we'd do.
>>
File: CokBescVIAAUlF2.jpg (30 KB, 500x307)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>2107178
>>2107193
I know this place is full of larps but I've been here for 6 months and you've already banged more girls in three months than many expats I know. Only guy you didn't beat is the Italian dude I know who hangs out in Ittaewon and speaks crazy good Korean cause he has been here since high school. How is it some random tourist does so well? You just talk to random girls you see eating alone at a restaurant?
>Feel bad for doxxing them
You didn't dox shit.
>>
>>2107195
Yes usually. I had one girl stuff it in before I could react. Other girl revealed she had an implant chip so there was no need.

>>2107196
Sure. Hit me up at trvanon123@gmail.com

>>2107197
I suppose it can't hurt. I have a few photos that wouldn't be incriminating
>>
>>2106839
>Not him but have you been to Korea before? Cali sucks from the news aspect and shit but you can manage to live well in it depending on the spot. Korea is fine but damn this place is full of grass is greener idiots who never lived outside the US. The USA has pitfalls if you glue yourself to the news all the time but so will many places, people seriously misjudge how a meh live in the US can be vastly superior to those overseas.
I've lived in Korea for three years now and haven't been happier. But if you honestly think the standard of living in California is superior and that all of the negative feedback only comes from sensationalized news, I can see why you wouldn't enjoy Korea.
>>2106911
Language exchange app
>>
>>2107206
Beats me, I'm currently toiling away in Eastern Europe getting zero pussy. But that's okay
>>
>>2107213
So you deny that your gf isn't with you because you're white but you met her on an app where Korean girls exclusively go to meet white guys... kek. I'm guessing HelloTalk?
>>
>>2107222
>So you deny that your gf isn't with you because you're white
I don't think I ever said that? I'm with her because she's Korean so I would assume her motive is the same. Either way we've lived quite happily for a few years now
>HelloTalk
Yep.
>>
>>2107236
What a healthy and loving relationship where both parties are only with each other solely on the fact that they fetishize each other's race.
>>
>>2107239
It's a pretty loving relationship on both sides, yeah. We're going to get married soon I think. Not planning to have any kids though since neither of us want our son to end up like you.
>>
File: 1631579379968.png (267 KB, 552x554)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>2107247
>>
Fuck man, you korean anons are more autistic than the Chinese/Japanese and SEA Thai/PH ones.

Not worth the trouble.
>>
>>2107247
>Marrying a girl that doesn't want children and wishes she was white
Yikes.
>Marrying a guy that moved to your country because of his k-pop fetish and is only with you to satisfy his raging yellow fever
Double yikes. You two were clearly meant for each other. I wish you all the best!
>>
>>2107213
>But if you honestly think the standard of living in California is superior and that all of the negative feedback only comes from sensationalized news, I can see why you wouldn't enjoy Korea.
Where did you get that from? California is a HUGE place and depending on many factors can be better or far worse. Living in Blythe CA compared to say a place on lake tahoe is completely different. Not stating where you were in one of the larger states of the US and something far bigger than SK doesn't really help narrow it down for comparison.

There is fact in saying that there is more to be offered in California(even though I hate that state) in the geographical level than SK does, it comes down to taste but you really haven't stated anything.
>>
>>2107247
How can you afford getting married in Korea? Korean parents demand their son-in-laws to purchase a house immediately upon marrying their daughter, which will cost more than $1M, and you're just a lousy English teacher. Not to mention the extravagant weddings that the Koreans all do.
>>
>>2107264
>movies told me this so it must be true!
>>
>>2107257
Not him but I would pick California over Korea for living long term and settling down without a doubt. Yes cost of living is high and the CA government sucks and you have to deal with "muh libtards" but that pales in comparison to: living in an overpriced tiny shoebox with paper thin walls where you can hear the neighbors fucking or fighting every night, inhaling chink factory air every time you step outside, masochistic education system that suppresses critical thinking and enables child abuse, depression, and suicide, literally every single Korean girl under the age of 40 has gotten a nose job and multiple surgeries on their eyes and more, Korean women are the most vain and shallow bitches to ever exist, and they're turning to radical feminism, Rocket Man just fired another missile into the sea, China wants to go to war with every fucking country, the Korean government is so dysfunctional and corrupt that the previous administration was run by a feminist cult and the current one is in bed with North Korea, Koreans are obsessed with "Keeping up with the Joneses" and their primary goal in life is to APPEAR successful, wealthy, and beautiful to others, Korea is facing a birth rate crisis that of which is worse than Japan's and it's soon going to fuck over their national security and economy, society is filled with alcoholic degenerate hedonists. Need I say more?
>>
>>2107269
continued: Cost of living is sharply rising in Seoul and other major cities while wages have completely stagnated, especially foreigner jobs. Not to mention have ridiculously hard it is for foreigners to integrate into Korean society and find a respectable career that isn't a dancing monkey for less than minimum wage. Summers are hotter and more humid than Satan's asscrack and winters will give your dick frostbite. And all that for what? To fuck braindead Korean girls who look nothing like their pre-op photos? For the nightlife so I can destroy my liver and mental health? Take part in the hustle culture where I join the hamster wheel and work myself to death just so I can be one of them? What exactly am I missing out on here? Meanwhile in sunny southern California... perfect weather year round, nobody is sticking their nose in your business like Koreans love to do, children get out of school at 3 PM in stead of getting home at midnight, people get off work before 5 PM instead of midnight, I get to live in a large house with an actual yard, women actually look like how they born to, nobody is comparing my cars to theirs, my house to theirs, my career to theirs, how well my children are doing in school to theirs, people won't tell me to lose or gain weight or get plastic surgery, I get to drive my own car instead of choosing between sitting in a packed and smelly subway or get on the road and face the onslaught of batshit crazy Korean drivers who should never be given a license, the pace of life is slowed down where you can actually enjoy it... shit, Korea is so bad that it really does make fucking California look like a utopian paradise!
>>
>>2107269
>>2107273
True, none of those things exist in California. Actually California is the best state in the US and is basically a paradise. Please stay in California and do not leave.
>>
>>2107278
Please tell me in great detail the same issues I mentioned about Korea that California also has, you inarticulate retard. By the way, there's more to the state than just SF/LA/Hollywood if that was going to be your brilliant argument.
>>
>>2107265
>it happens every time a Korean gets married so it must be true!
I really don't think it's wise for you to get married if you're this delusional and in-denial of the truth when it's right fucking in front of you. Please stop living up to the 'idiot ESLer with no aim or purpose in his life and can't find his way out of a paper bag' reputation, you're truly embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>2107289
Trying a bit to hard there anon, tons of married couples live in apartments/condo's in Korea and asia. It's not an uncommon thing for that, the mentality of other shit is dead. Sure there are traditionalists out there but it's not the common standard by any means.
>>
>>2107278
California is simply one state in 50, it's also super fucking big so there is a lot of range in what kind of jobs you can obtain. Like the other anon said, it does not consist of SD/LA/SF though the internet likes to think it does. Don't like it? you can easily change states to be in something completely different without much effort should you have a marketable skill.

I moved from the coast into Arizona, love it hear because I got my value in a good home and decent paying job when I moved out here originally. If we are talking CoL to income ratio, America comes out ahead unless you are going into Korea and remaining as a foreign contractor to do english or some other style of work. Korea has bonuses and nice shit out there, most nerds on this platform just often look at the news and say everything is shit but if they lived in (other country) everything would go right for them.
>>
>>2107273
Unironically based. There is a reason why Koreans migrate out and become expats, but not many expats come to Korea.
>>
>>2106853
>If you're a normal Korean dude, the chances of you dating an insane Korean woman is probably around 25%

Define "insane"
>>
>>2107264
You could always... wait for it... not bend over for your elders? Not do whatever any older people in your vicinity demand "because it's their culture" or whatever boomer-tier submissive bullshit goes through your head? I don't know what to say man.
>>
I agree with the negative vibe in this thread. Koreans seem absolutely determined, collectively speaking, to ensure that as a foreigner from a more developed country that you derive absolutely no benefit from being an expat there. They are incredibly competitive on a collective level, and the narrative that foreigners there are "pretending to be good/respectable" (잘 난 척) is very pervasive. The longer you are there, the more you feel "on trial" to prove you aren't a loser, and for whites this takes on a particularly vicious racial tinge. Avoid.
>>
File: gaesimsa rock stacking.jpg (4.01 MB, 4032x2268)
4.01 MB
4.01 MB JPG
Wife (Korean) and I went two years ago to visit her family. We spent a week and a half in Seoul, and one week down south at her parent's farm in yanggok-ri that they can date back for several hundred years.
From her farm we went to places like Hongseong-Eup, Cheongheojeong, Gaesimsa Temple, a Buddhist temple near Solhyang-Gi, and General Kim Jwajin's birthplace in haengsan-ri.
We did all the tourist stuff in Seoul as well with the gates, museums, deoksugung palace, etc. Made a trip to Ansan to visit with aunts and uncles, the traditional market with all the food (forget the name), and overall I for sure had a much more fun time away from the tourist stuff in Seoul. It was cool, but I liked the peacefulness and history of the stuff off the beaten path.

Now living there..... I don't know how I feel about that. I loved spending time there, and I feel that I would be comfortable spending a month or two there, but living I don't know.
No houses unless you got big bux or live in the middle of no where which is slowly going away due to urbanization of everything. My father-in-law has had countless offers for the farmland which he refuses since it's been in the family for generations of 20+ acres of land.
Firearms are extremely regulated and need to kept at the police station or something crazy, or they need to be approved by the government, and foreigners probably can't even own firearms. not sure desu.
Wages are not good for foreigners unless you're ridiculously handsome or get picked up by a TV station or something.
Employment would weird for my wife due to her age and current corporate culture over there. She explained to me that it's the main reason why she left Korea and came to the US in the first place.

I think if I were younger, or just out of HS or college or something, I would probably be more open to going and banging sluts and getting drunk,
>>
>>2107299
I recall reading somewhere that as a foreigner, the Korean legal system is entirely not on your side. Let's say some drunk asshole assaults you in front of witnesses, and you knock him the fuck out. Court's going to lean very heavily against the foreigner, regardless you were defending yourself.
I have a good friend who spent years in the JET program starting in the early 1990s who became proficient in reading and writng Kanjii. He said it definitely pissed off older Japanese, who were of the opionion that Gaijin were too barbaric to learn Kanjii, and in turn didn't help him "move up" in Japanese society.
I dunno. I'm still going to visit Korea and Japan. I will be polite and respect all their customs, but I don't really care what they think and fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.
>>
>>2107311
>I recall reading somewhere that as a foreigner, the Korean legal system is entirely not on your side
You can say this for practically any country where you are a minority.
>>
>>2107273
>get plastic surgery

Maybe you're the wrong person to ask, but I'm from California also and I want to go to South Korea to get plastic surgery. I had plans to do this but then covid hit and I can't spend 14 days in quarantine just waiting to have the operation. I want to have facial liposuction because I look like Babyface Nelson. The reason for this is the number of people who get plastic surgery there means there must be experienced doctors and the cost seems to be much lower. Is this a bad idea and how would one find a surgeon? I've heard they built a medical center by the airport just for foreigners who come for this? Should I stick to someone that deals mostly with westerners or stay away from them? Do you think the country will open for this type of travel anytime soon?

inb4 "lose weight fatty"
>>
>>2107317
lose weight fatty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YmbhacM1wk
>>
>>2107284
The irony of saying that all of California isn't like LA/SF/Hollywood while also thinking that all of Korea is like Seoul
>>
Why does ever Korea thread turn into a shit flinging contest? Anyways, I have a legitimate question. Does anyone here have experience or is knowledgable about working in private high schools in Korea? I got an offer from one and I'm curious to talk to someone whose worked in a similar environment.
>>
>>2107473
>Why does ever Korea thread turn into a shit flinging contest?
Most people working there are people who didn't get into Japan to teach english or are military who give 0 fucks
It's not Japan and it's a weeb website
Korea doesn't exactly shove tourism in your face and present it as easily as other countries
It's not Sexpat central even if it's actually easier by comparison
Google maps sux so WTF!!
Way more pro-america and america influenced, so OBSESSED shit flows over

I will admit Korea is harder to research on filling a "what to do list" for it but there is still quite a lot, cities are quite similar so I get that takes some punch out of it. Overall now is probably a good time to visit if you want something lacking quite a lot of other possible tourists especially boomers who "go to korea" aka see Seoul+DMZ and flex about america.
>>
>>2107480
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Every person I've ever seen complaining about Korea spent 2 weeks in Seoul, did all of the tourist shit that you find on travel blogs, then went home and complained about how boring Korea is. Half the people in this thread have probably never been to the country or moved there to teach English and spent all their time drinking at foreigner bars in Itaewon.
>>
>>2107536
>teach English and spent all their time drinking at foreigner bars in Itaewon.
Yeah which is why I could easily tell who's been parroting shit from sour english teacher posts they found on reddit. Wow, who would have guessed that an asian country may not want to deal with a fat neckbeard foreigner who is depressed they didn't get into grourious nippon! The people I know who actually did a tour of the country enjoyed it saying that once you leave Seoul the country opens up a lot more and you'll actually find shit to do. It's funny because everyone I've asked online on discord or steam basically did english teaching staying in Itaewon, I asked where else they went and it was just "Korea is so boring you seen everything once you go to Seoul, Seoul has everything and it's not even that good". My friends who worked in the military there got wives, spent free time after their contract or time served ran out often speak of it being a 'you get out what you put into it', so willing to research up some stuff.

I more or less plan to keep my visit to Seoul during the quarantine period plus a week or so and maybe a few days before I come back home to shop around. Most the time I am looking at Busan, Jeju, Pohang, and Daejeon. Planning to do stops along the way, heard to not venture into/around Taebaek but no one seems to explain exactly why.
>>
>>2107539
Also forgot to mention, only ever done Seoul seeing how I got free time now I want to give the country a fair shot hence the revisitation.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.