[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 142 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Previous Thread: >>2046913
Copypasta FAQ:
>When will Japan open to tourists again?
We don't fucking know. Tokyo Olympics are July 23rd! No tourists! No spectators!
>Ok, but seriously, when will Japan be open to tourists? Give me an estimate.
WE DON'T KNOW. Prime minister Suga doesn't know. The CDC doesn't know. It's the blind leading the blind.
>Is Hiroshima+Miyajima worth it as a day trip from Osaka/Kyoto?
Not really, it's too rushed and you should probably just stay the night there.
>How do I travel by public transportation?
Install the "Official Japan Travel App"
>"Dude what should I see in ________?"
https://www.japan-guide.com/
https://www.jnto.go.jp/
Solid general guides - sights, sample itineraries, pre-travel considerations, etc
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1fmfaySQHmojbRGKWCwRecq6Ln1Bb2Xdh&ll=35.67928012473078%2C139.68638283648374&z=12
/JPG/anon put together an autistic supermap of sights, restaurants, and shopping. Go nuts.

*Current status on travel restrictions*
>https://www.japan-guide.com/news/alerts.html

*Current status on the Miyajima Floating Torii Gate*
>Absolutely fucked. Consequently, it's not worth visiting Miyajima.

*Info on prostitution*
Japanese girls are for Japanese men only. The only thing Japanese girls will find impressive about you is your すごい高い鼻: HONK HONK.
>http://rockitreports.com/category/sex-in-tokyo/
>http://erolin.net
>http://rockitrisingsun.com
>https://paradise-tokyo.net
>http://hentaitokyo.com

*JR Pass*
Many people ask about whether or not the JR Rail Pass is worth it. It depends on your itinerary.
>http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Plug your itinerary into Hyperdia to determine ticket costs, then compare to the below JR Pass options:
>7 day Pass: 29,110¥ (approximately a Tokyo-Kyoto round-trip bullet train trip)
>14 day Pass: 46,390¥
>21 day Pass: 59,350¥

Super-easy rail pass calculator. Fill in your planned trips, get a quick yes/no response.
>https://www.japan-guide.com/railpass/
>>
every time I go to a konbini I see these stupid olympic pokemon for sale as dolls or keychains. I'm pretty sure 90% of them are going to wind up in a landfill somewhere within the next month. Should I buy a few just in case they become rare collectors items?
>>
>>2057822
Is the Torii gate being fucked due to all the chinese who kept jamming coins into the cracks in the wood?
>>
>>2057835

Why not?
>>
>>2057822
got my microchip installed when can i enter faggots
>>
Any good itinerary software with map integration or should I just make a *.doc?
Any anons here with their own itineraries? I'm interested in 6+ month ones mainly.
>>
On my current itinerary planning I have 3 days at the end where I'm not 100% sure what to do. I'll be in Takamatsu, but afterwards not sure if it would be better to go back to Tokyo and fuck around the next 3 days or what. Thought about Hiroshima, but I just know it's going to depress me and not sure if I want that for my 1st trip.
>>
>>2057822
Sucks for the majority of /trv/ who don't have a Japan Visa.

Here now and it's comfy.
>>
>>2057835
I got some tokyo 2020 jacket back when it was actually 2020
did they rebrand merchandise to 2021 or are they still calling it 2020
>>
>>2057951
>+6 months
just so you know you'll have to dip to south korea halfway
actually is it 90 days a year or just in a row I forgot
>>
>>2057951
Google lets you make a "My Map". Lets you pin locations and add dates and what not.
>>
>>2057822
Is all of Tokyo lit up 24/7 with neon signs or what? I’ve lived in New York for 6 months and I lived outside of manhattan and it wasn’t crazy it was just mostly big apartment buildings with stores with apartments on top and everything was quiet at night.

I tried looking up videos and pictures of Tokyo streets and everything is just well lit and neon lights so I don’t know if they’re just only showing the big busy areas because I don’t know japanese or Tokyo enough to know what everything is

I’ve heard Tokyo is more 24 hour than nyc is and it’s bigger buts that’s all I know
>>
What is Prime Minister Suga's stance on Yume, and Matsuri? Vaccines are there to protect the people, but Yume is nothing like that.

Are Prime Ministers allowed to see Kagura plays? I'd love to see Suga try Kagura Play 1
>>
Japan bros..
Does any other place even compare?
Sometimesi think of visiting places other than japan while im in the area
Is seoul/shangai/hong kong worth it or should i just stick to what i like?
>>
>>2058111
yeah pretty much
Osaka is more lit up in dotonbori but they all the signs shut off at like midnight or some shit which was disappointing and takes away from the experience of being drunk stumbling through a maze of neon lights at 3am. osaka is still dope tho
>>
>>2058144
more different than you know, just up to what you want, what your style is....
>>
>>2057917
Because it's super expensive and stupid. I tried to resell weeb stuff from Japan in the past on ebay and it didn't pan out. ebay kind of sucks.
>>2058077
I thought they would change the year to 2021 on the merchandise eventually but they never did. All these dumb dolls and toys still say 2020 Olympics on them. Which makes me think no one is buying these.
>>2058111
There's very little neon in Tokyo, it's mostly LED and incandescent. And you can be on a super well lit street with store signs blazing like a thousand suns, but then you turn down one back alley and it's darker than an African jungle.
>>
File: 1605987908081.png (100 KB, 680x680)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
I want to ride every shinkansen routes in Japan. Do you think 21 days is enough to do that?
>>
>>2058144
I had fun in Seoul. Didn't have any expectations, and ended up having a good time.
>>
>>2058156
You've been hanging in the wrong place. Everyone knows the place for late night hang outs is amemura.
>>
>>2058166
Yeah, it is enough. But do you have the cash for it though? Expensive as shit.
>>
>>2058180
The right combination of rail passes should help.
>>
>>2058166
Why? I guess it's kind of comfy looking at all the rural places, but it's pretty much the same mountains and rice patties everywhere. Do you actually want to get off and do some exploring at all the different locations? Or do you just want to ride the train?

21 Days is more than enough if you just want to ride the train. You can probably do it in under 7. Tokyo to Kyoto is just 3 hours I think. You'll probably have to start in Tokyo, go south, then ride it back to Tokyo, then go north. It will be really fucking expensive. More than $1,000 unless there's some special rail pass I don't know about for foreigners. Tokyo to Sendai alone set me back $200 both ways.

What's your reason for doing this? Are you a train fanatic?
>>
>>2058183
Oh yeah, I forgot about those. I live here so I never think about them.
>>
Is Prime Minister Suga thinking of abolishing the murder related aspects of Japanese Government policy despite 328 not happening yet?

For example; Shoujo and Kagura, they are people who die physically in Japan at the hand of government officials. Is this going to end?
>>
>>2058180
>>2058184
I don't know if I'm a train fanatic. I don't like hunting picture of passing train or learn about train specification. I just like riding a train.
There is this nation wide Japan Rail Pass and the price for 21 days green class is about $800 here.
>Do you actually want to get off and do some exploring at all the different locations? Or do you just want to ride the train?
Yeah, I would like to explore. I want to know if it's possible first before I spend more time researching the place that I can visit along the road.
>>
>>2058202
well if there are 24 stops, and you have 21 days, plus you'll have to double back and revisit stations, then you won't even be able to spend an entire day in each area. You'll be stretching yourself real thin.

If I leave Tokyo at 8:00 am I'll get the Kyoto just a little before 12:00. That only gives me about half a day in the city before I'd have to pick up and leave the next morning. It's enough time to maybe visit a few temples or shrines before dark. And maybe that's enough if you're not terribly interested in Kyoto but you'll probably feel rushed. Also, think of all the hotels you have you book. And what if there's a bad earthquake, flood, or landslide? It could ruin your whole schedule.

If you only get off and explore at the terminus of each line, with additional stops at Hiroshima and Kyoto, that cuts things down and makes it easier. It's definitely possible to ride all the lines in less than 21 days, but how quickly it would take depends on how uncomfortable and rushed you're willing to make yourself. Do you want to stop everywhere? Do you just want to go skip all of the non-connecting stations? Some of the stations?
>>
>>2058166
It is enough time. If you do that I would suggest getting a flight that to either Kagoshima or Sapporo. Or Aomori if you want to do purely shinkansen. With the JR pass you are limited on the trains you can take. I know for the Tokaido shinkansen you can't take the nozomi/hayabusa and I think mizuho. Google defaults to using the nozomi for directions so the times are not accurate to what you would expect.
>>
>>2058197
Is this someone from 2ch trying to cross over?
>>
>>2058218
I did a day trip to Hiroshima from Tokyo and it was ass.
My buddy kept calling it the Bhutan death march.

A year later we did an overnight trip to Kyoto and it was pleasant.
>120,000 jpy to sleep on the floor at the ritz carlton
>>
File: tokyovsnewyork.jpg (278 KB, 1054x874)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
>>2058166
why?
I don't get train nerds.
The shinkansen is nice, but its ment to get you to places, then you actually go see places off the train.
you really just want to sit in a smallish seat and look at everything through a glass? its not like amtrak either. where there is a dining car and you can put on the ritz for the cheap.
>>2058184
> same mountains and rice patties everywhere.
this.Even if you were a train nerd, there are better niche trains in japan to see. I like the niche stations more than the trains, and those would take a lifetime to see.
>>2058111
>Is all of Tokyo lit up 24/7 with neon signs or what?
No, of course not. if anything a lot of it outside of the famous areas has that rundown u.s mall feel.
>I’ve heard Tokyo is more 24 hour than nyc is and it’s bigger buts that’s all I know
a few things,
the trains stop running between about ~12:30 and ~6 am, depending on the stop. So that changes the vibe a little, as most everyone that parties is using the trains, so lots of places cater to the crowd that missed the last train.
> I lived outside of manhattan and it wasn’t crazy it was just mostly big apartment buildings with stores with apartments on top and everything was quiet at night.
I would say tokyo at night feels about the same as a major u.s. city as far as noise lvl and neon sign lvl outside of the famous areas.
>because I don’t know japanese or Tokyo enough to know what everything is
you are never going to know where everything is in tokyo, even in a general sense of "this district is posh" "this is the garment area" "this is the hipster area," because for the most part the city isnt divided into areas like that, and being so big the areas repeat a lot.
Everyone is going to call me crazy for this part but for me tokyo feels more like los angeles/orgnage county/inland empire then new york in the sense that the city just keeps going and going and going. Where in new york you care draw a circel and say "this is downtow
>>
>>2058306
n" "this is qweens" "we have left new york and this is new jersey" and when you drive through each area you can feel the change. dont know if this is becauise of the dientiy or because of the difference zoning laws in japan.
like in los angeles/orgnage county/inland empire there are 2 dozen "downtowns" that feel like a biliousness district downtown
>>
>>2058286
>>120,000 jpy to sleep on the floor at the ritz carlton
why though?
Is airbnb still big? or did they crack down on illegal hotels like they said they would?
a few years I stayed in perfectly nice cottage-like privite apartments in the middle of koyko for dollars a day via air bnb.
>>
>>2058306
>there are better niche trains in japan to see.
This. Kamukra, south of Tokyo, has a really old and beautiful commuter train that goes by the ocean, and in June it goes through a tunnel of hydrangeas. And Hiroshima had a cute old train system right next to the Shinkansen. I'm no train nerd, and the shinkansens are nice, but seeing quaint historic train lines is more enjoyable. My guess he wants to ride every Shinkansen route because of collectors mentality, or it could make a good clickbait youtube video "I rode EVERY SINGLE SHINKANSEN in Japan!"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiyGdOHobsY
After seeing this guy's videos I now want to try and cross Japan in a straight line. Anyone want to share the adventure with me?
>>
>get a document to make a vaccine reservation
>the next day the entirety of Japan runs out of vaccines
looks like I still have another couple months to save my girlfriend from committing vaccine suicide
>>
Wish me luck anons
After seeing Oli London bravely come out at trans-Korean, I have decided to come out as trans-Japanese in the hopes that the Japanese government give me citizenship/permanent residency
Onwards and upwards lads, onwards and upwards
>>
>>2057989
Very comfy indeed. Ticking gardens and temples off my list in Kyoto - that I couldn't visit beforehand due to Chinese tour groups shitting up the place - is nice
>>
File: MAX LEVEL RAMEN.webm (2.99 MB, 400x224)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB WEBM
>>
>>2058504
I hate vloggers. I wish them a very nice die.
>>
>>2058309
>why though?
Buddy wanted to stay at the Ritz.
Simple as that.
>>
what's the point of visiting japan if they hate all gaijin now?
>>
File: 4chan meetup tokyo moot.jpg (2.3 MB, 3766x2261)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB JPG
Redpill me on Sendai
>>
>>2058330
instant subscribe after 1 minute 30, thanks for bringing that up anon, true travel kino
>>
File: kanna_5.jpg (116 KB, 745x699)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>millions of people traveled across Europe for the Euros
>but not even a single traveler can go to the Olympics
I get that most of the Japanese aren't vaccinated but what have they been doing to fix that issue all this time? They're not a third world country.
>>
>>2058467
you are very brave godspeed anon
>>
>>2058330
how are the trespassing laws in japan, what would you do if you got caught, do you know enough japanese to get yourself out of bad situations?
>>
>>2058721
I've been caught trespassing in abandoned buildings in Japan and I was certain someone would call the cops on me, but they didn't. I think the more rural the area the less of a shit people give. I can talk enough to explain what I'm doing but I think in most cases an apology and 少し迷っています。今、出口します would suffice. The only real concern I have are rice patties. I don't want to be constantly walking in and out of rice patties because that would be a really dick thing to do, destroying some poor little obaa-san's rice crops because "lol straight line!"
>>
>>2058330
enjoy the swim :^)
>>
>>2058753
obviously I wouldn't go north to south. I'd go east to west.
>>
What is up with those Vertical public water fountains I saw at parks. Am I supposed to drink from them? It seems unsanitary as all the water just falls right back on the spout
>>
>>2058669
just a sea of bad hair cuts, virgin shoes, and incel shorts
11 to 1 male female ratio
these are the guys posting
>I can't breed
>>
File: upthewall.jpg (99 KB, 610x640)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
REEEEEEE CHADTHLETES GET TO GO HAVE WILD SEX IN THE OLYMPIC VILLAGE AND I DON'T FUCKFUCKFUCKFFASDU[HPIUFH

REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2058669
>the alpha has the biggest smile
>the betas don't simile big because they have to maintain stoic under the alpha and not too outgoing/threatening to the hierarachy. the gammas purse, and the stigma smiles
>>
>>2058669
Jesus Christ. Are these the 6 foot tall, handsome, fit white guys I keep hearing about on here? Only the red shirt guy is good looking. So 1/11 posters here is a chad. No wonder so many incels lurk here.
>>
>>2058844
They are under strict lockdown though, if they don't pay for prostitutes to come over then probably not. Also, you don't fuck to begin with anon.. so don't worry about it
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 238x212)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>2058751
>今出口します
>>
File: 1626507930006.jpg (87 KB, 622x794)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>2058844
look at the female athletes knees for rug burn
>>
>>2058703
>millions of people traveled across Europe for the Euros
They didn't, hundreds of thousands maybe, but no more than that, most host countries had very strict rules for foreign Euro tourists.
>>
>>2058669
The only surprising thing in that photo is that the long haired male got a hold of a child somehow
>>
>>2058504
I wish I liked food enough to salivate at Japanese classics. Simple onigiris, conbini sandviches, sushi, etc. are my fondest tastes.
>>
File: DSC_0876b.jpg (1.77 MB, 3600x2400)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
>checking pics of my last visit
>realize most of them are just me taking pictures of random girls around
*sigh
>>
File: amiretarded.png (1.04 MB, 1014x720)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>2058273
sure reads like it
>>
>>2058286
>Bhutan death march

lol. Bataan, anon. The Bataan death march
>>
>>2059237
>forgot pic
>>
File: haruhitea.gif (2 MB, 500x625)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
>>2058877
>>2058989
serves the fuckers right
>>
>>2058751
yeah think so too. from my experience, nobody cares about abandoned buildings, especially in the countryside. but even in larger cities i managed to get into some abandoned factory at the docs. despite being super suspicious with flashlights and making noise to climb inside, nobody really seemed to care
>>
>hotels and hostels are already starting to getting booked in February next year
Can already tell if borders open by then it's going to be flooded with other tourists fuck my life.
>>
>>2059050
Literally a child.
>>
>>2059342
So go away from big cities. Support local communities without running into weebs and germans
>>
>>2059376
>Germans
Funny. I live in Kameari and our signs are posted in 3 languages: Japanese, Chinese, and German

I've yet to meet a German person here. It's confusing.
>>
>>2059367
Why do liberals get so angry when others don't like food as much as them?
>>
>>2059218
You should have focused on the smiling girl to the left anon
>>
File: 1538757764820.jpg (73 KB, 612x612)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>Man arrested for allegedly raping woman in Tokyo Olympic stadium
They don't even allow tourists, yet there's a foreigner there (arab) that gets in because he works at the olympics event and the first thing he does is rape
>>
I gave up on follow the updates a few months ago. Can I get an English teacher job and a visa yet or not?
>>
>>2059873
>uzbek
>arab
U wot?
>>
>>2059591
Why do 4tumblrites bring up politics when absolutely fucking nobody has even hinted at anything barely political?

>>2059367
What counts as adult food to you then?
>>
>>2059969
To be fair do they themselves even know what they are? Tajiks, turkic, half the population think they're mongols directly tied to Genghis Khan.. MUSLIM is probably the word to use, considering it had to do with rape
>>
File: DSC_0653b.jpg (1.61 MB, 4815x2887)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
>>2059854
I know, but the girl reminded me one of those jav gal actresses and went for it.
I like this one because she looks like Pepe the frog
>>
>>2058844
>humans of peak physical fitness not fucking each other
The Olympic Village is like eating at Epcot.
Different flavor every night.
>>
>>2059946
Yes, you vaccinated also.
>>
>>2060118
Yes
>>
How do I fuck neets? One of the most talented and pretty women I know was a neet for a couple of years.
>>
>>2059218
moar pics
>>
>>2057822
Is it viable to move to Japan as an english teacher than move into translation work as I become more comfortable with the language so I'm not making as shit pay? I'm already taking japanese uni classes and want to spend some time there after i graduate.
>>
>>2060251
if you can get N1 certification yea
>>
>>2059591
>noo my onigirinos they're hecking valid!
Being a picky eater is a childish trait. Grow up.
>>
what's the best city to be a hikki
will probably stay inside for most of the time
money is not really an issue as I have 50k+ in savings, but since I'd mostly be staying inside I don't think there'd be a point to staying in Tokyo
>>
>>2060390
you know what's cheaper than a city? the suburbs.
>>
>>2060404
city, suburbs, as long as there's a good internet connection and a supermarket, pharmacy and train station within 30m of walking I'm fine with it
i'll probably only go outside to take some pictures of shrines, if at all
>>
>>2059367
Japanese cuisine from everything I've seen is bread, fried food, dishes with sodium heavy broth, sweets, etc. I look at that and feel like I'll get diabetes eating it (which apparently Japanese people do at a similar rate as Americans).
>>
>>2059989
>To be fair do they themselves even know what they are?
Prolly not. As far as I understand it, while uzbeks are classified as their own separate ethnicity they are basically a mix of mongols and persians
>>
>>2060406
>good internet connection
>supermarket
>pharmacy
>train station within 30 m of walking
you've pretty much named every neighborhood barring a few ghost towns in the middle of nowhere. It's kind of like saying, "hey I want to live somewhere in America that's close to a McDonalds any ideas?"

How much do you like snow? Because past a certain latitude is snow country where you will be buried a-fucking-live every winter. No big deal if you're a hikikomori who spends all day under the kotatsu.
>>
>>2060440
it's fine, as you said, when you're inside the snow can't do much
so you'd say that most towns would satisfy my requirements? how much would you say would be needed for around a year
>>
>>2060434
>Randomly see this comment while scrolling /trv/
>Decide to Google the stats
>It's wrong as fuck
>Japan has one of the lowest diabetes rates in the developed world
Yeah youre an idiot and probably a mutt.
>>
>>2060443
I know you're baiting me into doing the research for you, but you're gonna have to try better than that.
>>
>>2060442
you would need a work visa or a spousal visa. On a tourist visa you can only stay for 90 days. And it's difficult to rent an apartment with a tourist visa.

You'd probably need a little less than $1k per month. Rent, gas, water, electricity, all depend on where and your usage, but $1k should be more than enough. $200 a month for food should also be more than enough, unless you really pig out and drink a lot.
>>
File: 1584865880238.jpg (33 KB, 640x631)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>2058669
they look like a fun crowd that had a good time :)
>>
>>2060457
1k a month is very doable if that's true
for a work visa, can you just set up a company and hire yourself?
>>
>When will Japan open to tourists again?

Fast forward to the year 2028, the prime minister finally announces that tourists who apply for a travel-visa-lottery one year in advance (limited to 100 entries a year) get the chance to stay 1 week in japan on the condition they get 8 shots of the phizer-moderna-multi-jab, don't leave the designated tourist-only-area around Robot Restaurant (the border will be guarded by heavily armed Nigerians) and wear an tracking-bracelet which explodes if you sneeze.
>>
>>2060478
But then they close back down because of the new yearly pandemic that is being pushed. The Flu-Sneeze-27
>>
>>2060478
>needing a visa
>he isn't japanese
oh no no no...
>>
>flight costs for selected dates are going up in price
This is good news...right?
>>
>>2060502
uk removed kung flu restrictions and canada opened travel from the US so maybe
>>
>>2059218
continue please
>>
>>2060406
with this kind of lifestyle why choose japan? you can get more bang for your buck elsewhere
>>
>>2060661
can I?
pretty sure japan gives you the most QOL and is the most suitable both from a weather isn't 35°C 3/4 of the year perspective and not going to be overtaken by "future doctors and engineers" by the time I die
what other countries would you recommend?
>>
File: cute uno.jpg (910 KB, 2718x1920)
910 KB
910 KB JPG
>>2060681
have you even researched visa for long-term stays or compared prices on numbeo? do you even have a semblance of a plan for your own life?
>>
>>2059218
post more please
>>
>>2060687
yes, those questions were mostly rhetorical
it'd take at around 5 years if I went the highly skilled worker route into permanent residency
>numbeo
those prices are quite inflated for my city, I trust random 4channelers more
>>
>>2060473
>can you just set up a company and hire yourself?
no, Japan has very strict immigration laws. It isn't like the United States where they just let anyone in regardless of skill or education. Pewdiepie had difficulty buying a house in Japan because the government wouldn't recognize being a youtuber as a real job for an immigrant, even though he's a millionaire and the biggest youtube content creator.
>>
>>2059218
Go on, some of us are too poor to go there.
>>
>>2060390
Ah yes, the famous hikki visa. It was a bit controversial when the government implemented it, but now we are getting the best of the best to come here and contribute to society.
>>
>>2060478
Sounds like a dream come true. Can we go and gawk at the tourists like they were zoo animals?
>>
>>2060734
Not that anon you are talking to, but I've been wondering about the Pewdiepie thing for a while. He's always talking about moving over here, but there's no youtuber visa, so how did he manage? Entrepreneur visa is what I'm guessing.
>>
File: DSC_0255 (2).jpg (1.61 MB, 4793x3462)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
>>2060656
>>2060689
>>2060735
O....ok.
This one was making everyone at the shrine uncomfortable. 2 guys with cameras and her posing around the shrine dressed like a whore and no bra. I'm pretty sure it was some kind of porn preview or something.
>>
>>2060742
You can purchase property in japan without a visa. It’s a lot of paperwork but it’s possible.
>>
>>2060825
You can, but you don't have the right to live in it without a visa.
>>
>>2060825
Yeah, it's not the purchase that was strange to me. It's the fact that he's saying he's moving here, which I find strange since there are no visas for youtubers/streamers (thank god)
>>
>>2058330
I don’t know why but I’ve never liked this guy.
You can’t wild camp/tresspass in Japan and without knowing Japanese like a native you wouldn’t have the finesse to get away with it
>>
>>2060734
>It isn't like the United States where they just let anyone in regardless of skill or education
delusional
>>
File: IMG_20200502_125635.jpg (4.04 MB, 3024x2268)
4.04 MB
4.04 MB JPG
>>2057987
If youre willing to go as far as Hiroshima but you dont want to go to Hiroshima city check out Onomichi, its a lovely town at the Seto Inland Sea with a little temple pilgrimage and a fantastic panorama view of the sea and nearby islands. If you want to spend more time in the area consider the Shimanami Kaido Bicycle tour which can be one in 1 day if youre fit and rent a good bicycle. The bunny island is a day trip from Onomichi and would be a nice and relaxing way to end your time in Japan.
If you want to stay closer to Takamatsu and you like hiking then you could do a small part of the Shikoku Henro pilgrimage and visit temple 84 Yashimaji and 85 Yakuriji. You can take a train to Katamoto Station, then hike the temples and then take a train back to Takamatsu from Yakuriguchi Station or Sanuki-Mure Station.
Also close to Takamatsu are the art islands of Teshima and Naoshima (among many others). If you want something off the beaten path (but not really because its all a touristy area) then check out Megishima which has a cool cave on the top of a mountain.
Shodoshima would also be worth visiting, they have a massive statue of Kannon and a really nice viewing platform at the top of a monkey park.
If youre into mountain climbing then Tsurugi-san and Ishizuchi-san are somewhat close to you in Takamatsu. I couldnt climb Tsurugi-san because of bad weather, but both can be climbed if youre reasonably fit, although I dont know how much of a day trip they are as I always camped close to the mountains when I climbed/attempted to climb them.
The photo is the Oyamazumi temple on Omishima at the Shimanami Kaido cycling tour. I will have to go back at some point because the museum was closed for Corona reasons. It holds the largest collection of war related items in Japan.
With love,
Anon who loves Shikoku and the Seto Inland Sea
>>
File: IMG_20191023_175551.jpg (790 KB, 2016x1512)
790 KB
790 KB JPG
>>2060879
>You can’t wild camp in Japan
I laugh in your face. I have wild camped in Japan dozens of times, nobody cares. Although I am being very polite about it as in I set up my tent very late, leave very early and make no noise or leave trash. Here is the view I had when I wild camped on top of a small mountain on an island near Hiroshima.
I still agree with you that this "travel in a straight line" thing would be a bad idea in Japan. You would either trek through endless mountains, which at some point will make traveling in a straight line impossible, or you would have to choose a flatter route which means going through someone's rice field.
>>
>>2058144
>Is big asian city/big asian city/big asian city worth it or should i just stick to what i like?
Do you like big asian cities? Then it might be nice to see something new outside of Japan.
>>
>>2060918
All great suggestions. Especially the bicycle tour. Only issue would be weather since right now the plan is Jan/Feb (will probably get delayed). Either way really appreciate this post Shikoku anon.
>>
>>2060910
why do you think taxi drivers in the US are all $pats? How many $pat taxi drivers do you see in Japan? None.
>>
>>2060918
holy shit the detail in that photo is crazy. What kind of camera did you use?
>>
File: IMG_20191027_133317.jpg (3.83 MB, 2268x3024)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB JPG
>>2061028
Xiaomi Pocophone F1.
>>
>>2061026
someone post that multilingual brazilian taxi driver
>>
>>2060746
Go on...
>>
>>2060918
Can you Shikokupill more? I've been planning a big trip around Japan; biking the Shimanami Kaido & Shikoku Henro pilgrimage over several weeks if not a month or more, stopping at small towns or kino locations, is the dream right now.
>>
>>2058667
They've always hated gaijin.
>>
>>2060162
B&E?
>>
>>2061045
the only honorary yamato nigeru
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV2WgV3N-D4
>>
>>2060162
become a food delivery driver.
>>
>>2061116
living the dream
>>
tell me that the travel restrictions will end by the beginning of 2022. tell me it will be so
>>
>>2061127
waito piggu, I...
>>
>>2060860
>>2060742
He has a clothing line based out of Japan.
>>
File: IMG_20200429_154536.jpg (1.49 MB, 2016x1512)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>2061083
The Shikoku pilgrimage was easily the best thing Ive ever done while traveling. I slept in a tent on all days except rest days and I walked the entire 1200km on foot. Including some days for the Shimanami Kaido it took me 44 days from Temple 1 back to 1. I usually walked around 25km a day. The last week I walked more and more and set new records each day. On my second to last day I walked around 43km. I want to say that you dont have to be fit to do the Henro, but you kinda have to. I met two guys who had to take a week of rest after walking 150km, you will get nowhere like that. The walking distance is one thing, but on some days youll do 1200m elevation gain and that will sooner or later fuck with your knees if youre not used to it.
Youll see enough beautiful scenery to last you a lifetime. The temples are nice too but lets be honest, there are 88 of them, seeing yet another temple becomes an old hat at some point.
It definitely helps to be able to understand a bit of Japanese, although its possible to get around without. I started the Pilgrimage with another person but we split up at around half the temples because their visa was running out and they wanted to finish quickly, while I wanted to take my time. That person spoke maybe 3 words Japanese and was fine.
It also helps to have a general understanding of Shikoku geography, although that is optional as well.
If you have any specific questions just ask, although finding stuff out if half the fun of it.
>>
File: capture 10.png (54 KB, 757x473)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>I WILL get drunk with salarymen winter 2022
>I WILL laugh as they wince in disgust from the black licorice I trick them into eating after giving out normal western snacks all night
>I WILL get my tab paid for because I entertained/chatted with them via broken N3.5 all night (laughing with or at, doesn't matter)
>I WILL see new gardens/parks, mountains, and sights I didn't get to see last time I was in Japan
>>
>>2061470
ah fuck I'll glady get the 5g shot if that means I can finally go somewhere again
>>
File: 2.jpg (106 KB, 868x610)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>2061470
Realistically does this mean anything? Is the ball actually rolling now?
>>
>>2061492
I'd argue it's the first step we need to hear, it's them at least acknowledging eventually letting non-nationals back in. Everything up until now has just been olympic teams or news articles about their vaccine passport for letting japanese citizens travel abroad.
>>
>>2061116
a lot of people currently living in Japan who are "from Brazil" are half black, half Japanese. Their mom/grandmom slept with a black soldier during the American occupation after WW2 and the government forced them to relocate in Brazil.
>>
I can get nonstop tickets to Haneda in May 2022 for $650 right now. Should I buy? I guess JAL lets you reschedule by Oct 1.
>>
>>2061143
Ah yeah, the Tsuki thing, right? Makes sense. I don't watch him that much but it's sure going to get annoying when he moves here and starts vlogging non-stop making his retarded viewer base flock here en-masse.
>>
>>2061531
May 2022 seems like a safe bet. I say go for it.
>>
>>2059989
>MUSLIM probably is the word to use, considering it had to do with rape
>>
>>2060307
>picky eater
okay now I know you are younger than 25 and a liberal
>>
>>2061605
>Oh yeah? W-well y-you're a liberal!
Nice comeback you fucking dweeb. How about you take a break, eat your chicken tendies like the asspie you are, and come up with something better to say next time?
>>
>>2061492
we've said this about 3 past events
it means nothing
>>
>>2061508
>slept with a black soldier during the American occupation after WW2
More like raped but yeah, it got so bad that the japanese government had to establish a "volunteer association" filled with prostitutes and what not just to keep the soldiers happy and not so rapey against civilians
>>
>>2061483
Half the reason I got mine as soon as possible.
Them choosing Pfizer is the reason I did.
>>
>>2061643
I'll get you a spousal visa to Japan right now if you give me the deed to your parents house and the title to any vehicles you or your friends own.
>>
just thinking of planning ahead here, but can any bongs tell me if it gets any better than 450 quid for a return flight?
>>
File: 1623312230632.png (1.42 MB, 2322x3179)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
>>2061846
Naw, my buddy can clear the requirements easy and I'll just gay marry him.
Funny that you want my mother's home in a swamp or my dad's place in bum fuck Alabama, when you could have had my house on a lake.
>>
Why is Japan so perfect?
>>
>>2061041
gcam?
>>
>>2061536
If it's not open by then it never will be
>>
>chink vaccines not on Japan's approved list
>chink govt reluctant to approve Pfizer for use until other nations accept sinovac/sinopharm
>sinos allegedly less effective against variants

Which government is going to blink first, Japan or China? It's fun to imagine tourist spots without the hordes but I can't imagine Japan would want to lose out on their biggest tourist demographic when they reopen.
>>
>>2062081
I am using the default camera app.
>>
>>2062172
Japan, because it isn't exclusively a political decision.
>>
>>2061643
Wait, is J&J, the "one-time" shot accepted by Japan as well? I lost my vaccination card and am unsure what to do about it. I might go into a Walgreens or CVS and just tell them this and see if they can give me a new card.
>>
>>2059218
>tfw have half a terabyte of pictures just sitting in my drive that I haven't looked at yet
>>
>>2062273
doesn't the government have a database of all the vaccinated? is walgreens issuing this certificate
>>
>>2061470
>I WILL laugh as they wince in disgust from the black licorice I trick them into eating after giving out normal western snacks all night

Fuck that's a good one, i need revenge for when they got me to eat fermented squid guts on my last trip
>>
>>2062273
You should have an email with all the information.
I almost got the J&J in addition to the Pfizer because the county was about to just toss them out.
Crazy that my state is so oversupplied and other countries haven't even started.
>>
>>2062273
I don't see why they wouldn't accept it
>>
>>2062273
>>2062386
J&J hasn't been approved in Japan.
>>
File: 1439152125849.png (187 KB, 455x318)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
>go to kaiten zushi restaurant
>order some nigiri
>go to the drinks menu to get a beer
>they only have non-alcoholic beer
wow, that was a close call. If they served beer with actual alcohol in it I would have caught the corona and died. Thank you, Japanese government, for keeping my lungs safe and restaurants alcohol free. Because I'm sure there's a correlation there somehow.
>>
>>2062406
BELIEVE SCIENCE! TRUST THE EXPERTS! TWO MORE WEEKS, CHUD!
>>
>>2062172
Their biggest "foreign tourist" demographic. Tourism accounts for 2% of Japan's GDP. Of that 2%, 81% is domestic tourism. 19% of that is international tourism. I don't think they're missing out on much.
>>
>>2062406
Just imagine you'd be running to music at more than 120 bpm, you'd be in severe danger, just like sleeping with a fan!
>>
Is there any specific college degree that is worthwhile doing only in Japan?
>>
>>2062438
the only degree worth getting is a medical one and if you get a medical degree in a foreign country you won't be able to practice anywhere else.
>>
>Olympics start tomorrow
>>
>>2061931
>I'll just gay marry him
I know this is a joke but you can't get in on a spousal visa from a gay marriage. If your buddy is in on an HSFP visa, he can maybe bring you in as a "housekeeper" or potentially under the designated activities visa (talk to a lawyer), but even if he has the points, he still needs a Japanese employer to hire him to get an HSFP visa.
>>
>>2058877
>They are under strict lockdown though
anon, I...

>>2057405
>>
>>2061617
you were found out, kek
>>
>>2062579
Did you finish those chicken tendies? You literally can't come up with something else to say. It's just embarrassing man.
>>
File: muh trad nippon.jpg (736 KB, 1405x1563)
736 KB
736 KB JPG
>fired because of a holocaust joke in a comedy skit in the 90s
>>
>>2061200
Where did you slept on rest days? How often did you have to restock on water/food, how much total did you usually carry? I remember from my younger days tent + sleeping bag + water + food + the rest was pretty heavy. Especially tent..
>>
>>2062629
Does that surprise anybody?
At least the joke wasn't good anyway.
>>
File: IMG_20200510_083020.jpg (879 KB, 1512x2016)
879 KB
879 KB JPG
>>2062631
>Where did you slept on rest days?
One time we spend a full rainy/stormy day in a free accomodation for pilgrims and another day at a place me and my travel buddy used to work at. We stayed in Hostels twice. Overall we only took 4 full rest days in total if I remember correctly. A few times we would walk a bit less and stop around noon though.
>How often did you have to restock on water/food
Food around every second or third day, water like once or twice a day. Keep in mind this is Japan and not northern Alaska, you will come across a Super Market or Conbini almost every day. Tap water is also almost always drinkable except for some very far out temples.
>how much total did you usually carry?
My backpack was 12-14kg total depending on water/food.
>>
>>2062629
The other guy was fired for bullying handicapped kids as a student. He is in his 50s now, that mustve been 40 years ago.
>>
>>2062659
kek, soviet-tier
>>
>>2062659
What that guy did was actually fucked up. Like forcing kids to strip naked and eat their own shit.
His excuse was "I didn't do it myself, I was just the one that came up with it".
The holocaust thing is nothing compared to that.
>>
>>2062691
nothing wrong with that
in my school we beat them up with chairs and stabbed them with screwdrivers
helps build character
>>
>>2062659
I think what triggered people was the fact that he didn't really regret doing it in interviews decades after it happened though. People have to understand that the olympics is a political powerplay and dick measuring contest for the world to see, it has nothing to do with sports.. it's literally only about making you as a country look powerful and rich on the world stage. That's why they go hard on the "controversial" people during the event, after that though everything will just be ignored again
>>
>>2062473
apparently the olympics already started before the opening ceremony. The French soccer team already got stomped by Mexico and Japan is currently playing South Africa. Why the fuck did the Olympic soccer games begin the day before the opening ceremony? Beats me.
>>
>>2062723
No, you retard. The horseshit cancel culture jew shit has fomented here and once they smelled blood on Cornelius they went apeshit. Who gives a fuck if he talked shit to a retard 40 years ago. No one here cares at all.
>>
>>2062656
Not the guy responded to but thanks for sharing your wisdom. I've been kind of interested in the Shikoku pilgrimage ever since I first heard about it. I've never really done any true trekking but doing a pilgrimage like that is one of those things I'd like to experience doing before I get too old and lazy.

Maybe 2022 will finally be the year
>>
from ylilauta https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyvJwB4qajE
>tfw you will never be able to easily befriend locals like they do
>>
The fuck happened in Japan exactly? I know when the pandemic first started they got a bunch of cases pretty early on, but it was like 1000 cases a day or something and they managed it pretty well compared to most of the rest of the world.

The fuck happened since then?
>>
>>2063038
nothing happened. Japan has been business as usual for the entire pandemic. But every now and then the tv says "numbers go up!" and everyone gets scared. But not scared enough to stop going to restaurants or work or even vacation.
>>
>>2062438
Japanese
>>
>>2063038
They opened the borders to the gaijin.
>>
>>2061200
I'm glad this board is slow moving, I did not see this until today and it was exactly when I was thinking about the Shikoku Pilgrimage. Always wanted to do it, thanks for posting your experience anon. I was going to do this in December (or rather had a vague idea of it) but covid fucked things up.
>>
>>2062783
>t. retard
>>
I really do feel pity for Japan and the unfortunate timing of the Summer Olympics that have no visitors, no guests, ect. With advertisers pulling out, etc. The only one making money is the insurance company, somehow.
>>
>>2063202
It's not like Japan would have made much money anyways if it was a normal Olympics. Construction budgets ballooned during the 4 year period that it took to build up the infrastructure. If you are interested in learning a bit more about the increasing cost of the Olympics games, you can read it here.
https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/economics-hosting-olympic-games
>>
>>2063207
But they would have lost significantly less.
>>
>>2063207
I feel like this article gets rewritten on the eve of every Olympics
>>
>>2063207
>number of events increasing by a third
Is is the dumbest shit. All of those new events are trash anyway. Fucking Sport Climbing? Skateboard? Softball? Its literally the participation trophy of sports.
>Oooh you do sports too? You play Softball? Sure you can come to the Olympics.
They should just reduce the events again to the minimum from 60 years ago
>>
japan needs to make a rich neet visa
>>
>>2063207
They still spent all that fucking money, no they just get a fraction of the revenue
>>
File: tenor.gif (275 KB, 220x165)
275 KB
275 KB GIF
>>
>>2063571
>>2063207
>>2063202
You guys think that this massive loss of money will change anything in practical terms for us /trv/anons?
You think this+2years without tourists will translate to the prices of shit like accomodation, food and hookers?
For better or for worse?

Or will it all just continue the same by the time we are allowed to go back?
>>
>>2063682
This covid-shit is changing literally everything for the worse. It will never be the same as it once was, if it is coming back at all.
>>
>>2063687
Glad I got to be there in February 2020 to see it just before the end.
>>
File: lol suicide.jpg (61 KB, 640x584)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>2063688
I was supposed to go in march. ;_; I only got to go 2 times, never got to see osaka.
>>
>>2063033
I'm about as ugly as that guy but with black hair and black(brown) eyes, didn't have a problem being approached by strangers both male and female
>>
>>2063688
High five. I went from September 2019 to September 2020
>>
>>2057822
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRe9pvFyN30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PZHS3zvx2U
>>
anyone else find it kind of strange how every single thing says Tokyo 2020 Olympics? I understand that they couldn't fix every t-shirt and doll, since most of them were produced before corona happened. But everything says 2020 Olympics. They didn't change a single fucking thing. Not even the .pngs they use on tv. Not even the copyright logos on the live broadcasts say 2021.The official broadcasts are copyright one year ago. I don't think that's even legal. You can't copyright something before it was created. Why wont anyone on tv say that it's the year 2021?
>>
>>2064150
Because it is the 2020 Olympics.
>>
>>2064166
this, anon is just retarded
the 2020 Olympics are a copyrighted term, it has nothing to do with the year 2020
>>
>>2064150
>this is Sneed-4, reporting on a fat caucasian male with mutt facial features who knows, we got a live one boys
>>
File: 20210725_091009.jpg (1.12 MB, 1814x2419)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
Just landed, lads. It's fucking happening.

All the pussy starved for BWC is waiting for me
>>
>>2064477
hope you washed your dick for the penis inspection. If you fail that they'll stuff you right back on the plane.
>>
>>2062656
>https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/economics-hosting-olympic-games
I have an 8-month-old son. Is the pilgrimage doable with a baby?
>>
File: immigration.jpg (53 KB, 352x241)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
on a scale from 1 to 17 octillion, how jelly are u right now
>>
>>2064246
I thought it was also the sunk costs of signage and merchandise
>>
how do you guys think this year's election is going to play out?
I casually browse 2chan and they fucking hate the leading party right now
they're getting the blame for covid and the olympics.

shit'll be interesting
>>
>>2064477
>No photo no video
>takes a photo
Youve been in Japan for 2 minutes and you already broke the rules, good job.
>>
File: IMG_20200329_130745.jpg (2.96 MB, 3226x2420)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB JPG
>>2064485
I guess. There are many people going hiking with their babies. Although I cannot imagine it being very comfortable because of the duration of the Pilgrimage. Do you really want to carry your baby and all their stuff around for 6 weeks of hiking, including several thousand meters elevation gain.
>>
>>2064614
>implying the 2ch demographic has any effect on voting results
all parties are the same
>>
File: 20201225_145806.jpg (301 KB, 1291x2427)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
>>2057822
>Japanese girls are for Japanese men only.
Nice try, Yakuza.

I'm coming over there to fuck your women and I won't need to pay.
With my charm, quick wit and dashingly superb Mediterranean looks, your women will be at my mercy and there's nothing you can do about it pencil dick.
>>
>>2064477
Based.

Nut inside a qt for us, anon.
>>
File: 1474674271609.png (13 KB, 241x263)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>2064730
que asqueroso
>>
File: 20171123_100413.jpg (336 KB, 1600x1200)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>2064750
I've kissed more women than you, your father and grandfather combined.
I've grabbed random ladies at concerts and started making out with them without first speaking a word to them.
They always seemed happy when we finished but I could never hear them over how loud the music was.
That one chick I made out with as the ball dropped going into 2015 was probably the hottest, I'll never know her name.

No bumps on my lips yet either.
And I'm 80% European and 20% Native American, but you go ahead and post your meme again.
>>
Nobody tell him.
>>
>>2064766
>I'm 80% European and 20% Native American,
Yes, your stolen valour is typical amerimutt.
And that is not a beard, FYI
>>
>>2064766
>>2064730
nigga get your goofy Tim Pool looking mutt ass outta here.
>>
>>2064788
I'm proud of my conquistador roots.

Any how, back to writing my 6th book.
>>
>>2064794
>proud of my conquistador roots
Maybe you'd fit in a little better in the Philippines.
>>
How do 2chan and 2channel differ to 4chan?
>>
>>2064766
>only talks about girls he kissed and didn't manage to bang
>hottest girl he kissed was 7 years ago, also didn't bang her
>post his fat old face publicly on this thread
>openly racist
>admits he is a mutt
Is this a troll post or is this the power of ultra autism?
>>
>>2064808
He probably helped get Trump elected so I'm going with ultra autism
>>
>>2064766
>bragging about raping women and how much they loved it online
Absolutely based and chad pilled
>>
>>2064730
>The incel bait keeps on baiting
>>
>>2064812
Jesus Christ you autists can't give it up. Literally obsessed
>>
>>2057822
saw this from some foreigners and one japanese vlogger about the Olympics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnR6gZq4GNE

Ambivalence seemed to be the general consensus while the night of the opening ceremonies there were a lot of protestors
https://youtu.be/9WUEx9EvwiA?t=6272

However 2 days down I heard viewership in Japan is slowly trickling upward so by the end maybe folks will please(???)
>>
Does anyone have experience with the Nakasendo? I consider walking it on my next trip, but it seems to mostly run on main roads and through modern towns.
>>
>>2064551
How is this possible thought only students could "go"?
>>
>>2064812
KYS California faggot
>>
>>2064956
No, Professors who teach at unis can go. Can't have those japanese students missing out on their classes. International students still don't get let in and are treated worse than dirt.
>>
File: e6c78bbbfc161.jpg (143 KB, 1762x1110)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>2062629

hmmm really makes you think
>>
Assuming borders are open by then, how bad would Yokohama be on or near Chinese New Year?
>>
>>2065046

> For the time being, foreign nationals who have stayed in any of the following 159 countries/regions within 14 days prior to the application

Isn't the way around the ban to just chill in a country not on the list for two weeks then go to japan from there?
Looking at the list of countries it would make sense chilling somewhere in Asia and then on to Japan. You'd basically be guaranteeing for 2 weeks Japan, 2 weeks another country. But If you're there to work it would probably be worth it.

Nowhere in the description does it mention nationalities being banned from entering.
>>
>>2064766
What phenotype is this?
>>
>>2063202
They could have postponed it. Holding it in 2022 to piss off the Chinks would be pretty based.
>>
>>2065263
la creatura phenotype
>>
>>2065127
visa waivers are suspended, so you will not get issued a visa if you just show up there, no matter where you came from. you will be deported.

there is one loophole that this apparently applies only to people who arrive directly from another country. you can get around it by spending 2 weeks at sea and then sailing to a Japanese port. I doubt any 4chan autists are actually willing to do that though.
>>
>>2065342

But what if the country you come from doesn't require a visa to enter? I'm from the UK, can stay in Japan 3 months visa free.
So you're saying even if I get to Japan, apply for jobs, or even apply before I leave I won't get it?
>>
Does anyone know this? >>2065433
>>
>>2065499
They just say stuff like "Welcome!" "Come in!" "Here you go!" "There's a special deal on now!" Standard sales talk.
>>
>>2065342
>you can get around it by spending 2 weeks at sea and then sailing to a Japanese port.
wait can you really do this? australia is being super lame about pleasure craft even if they've been at sea for 2 weeks and new zealand wants you to get a visa first which they aren't issuing to us plebs.

japan's ports all look open right now too kek.
>>
>>2065499

they literally just stand their saying "how about a maid cafe?" if its literally translated. they are just advertising the same exact way the people who stand outside and do it for food and restaurants
>>
>>2059218
>>2060020
>>2060746
post more tbqh
>>
>>2065500
>>2065502
Good to know, thank you both
>>
File: 1612960212349.jpg (72 KB, 540x405)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
one nomikai is all I want
for the love of god please coworkers let's just get blasted please
i can't take it anymore
>>
I made a big fucking mistake not booking a flight in 2020 didn't I
>>
How does 90-day visa-free travel for Americans work? Could I enter, stay for 90 days, leave for a day, and come back for another 90 days?
>>
>>2065583
before corona, yes.
>>
>>2065597
But after corona, you can’t do that? I’m vaccinated so I’m hoping they do the vaccine cards or something and I can do that again if that’s the case.
>>
>>2065600
just read the OP you stupid lazy fuck
>>
>>2065605
No speak ego sumimasen
>>
>>2065583
you can't come in you dumb mutt and likely won't be able to for a couple of years. Sayonara.
>>
File: 1598722512625.jpg (12 KB, 254x254)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
October 2022
2 months in full

How does that sound bros?
This is my last cope
>>
internet. how does it work? wtf do i do to get it?
>>
Why do I hear so many horror stories about living and working in Japan interspersed with people who say it’s great?
>>
>>2065875
Japan won’t be open in 2022.
>>
>>2065899
Different strokes for different folks. I personally love working here, but then again I'm in one of those gaijin positions that doesn't have to deal with a lot of the stress of a typical "Japanese" job.
>>
>>2065908
what do you do for work and what are the language requirements in your case?
>>
>>2065911
I teach English in public school. Technically I don't need to know any Japanese, but I do get a small amount of compensation included in my salary for being able to speak it.
>>
>>2065915
it seems like a really easy job to both get and maintain. hope it's ok to ask a few questions.
is the comp good enough to comfortably live and travel on? how's the social vibe at work? i have n3, would you say that's enough to get by?
>>
>>2065917
>is the comp good enough to comfortably live and travel on?
I'd say yes if you don't live in major cities, which tend to have much more expensive housing. Some employers will pay rent for you, or at least provide a stipend - mine doesn't, however. They do reimburse me for my transportation expenses incurred traveling to and from work, so that helps a bit.

>how's the social vibe at work?
Pretty nice. A lot of the teachers are too busy to have long conversations, but many of the teachers around me love chatting about whatever. I'm lucky enough to have been in the same city for a decade, so I know quite a few of the teachers here and get along really well with a lot of them - we even go out to karaoke together once in a while. Under normal circumstances, there are staff nomikai every couple months which can be fun or torturous depending on whom you're stuck by.

>i have n3, would you say that's enough to get by?
N3 should be plenty to get you through day-to-day life and most conversation. Obviously the JLPT only tests comprehension, but that's the main task you'll have to tackle. If you can speak almost as well as you can understand, you'll have an easy time.
>>
>>2065917
the best thing about being an English teacher at a real school with students and not an English daycare center like most "English teachers," is that you have a lot of downtime for travel. Students have a test? Don't need to show up for work. And do you have any idea how many tests Japanese students take? Summer vacation? Winter vacation? Months off work, paid. Right now, half of July and all of August is paid vacation for me. Meanwhile Japanese salarymen are working themselves to death with zero vacation time year after year.

But you will probably not get a job at a real school without an actual teaching degree. Not a TEFL/CELTA but an actual accredited license.
>>
>>2065974
damn, yeah this is nuts. im currently a cs student, probably gonna get a masters but teaching degrees seem relatively easy to get (2 years part time), might go for it as it seems pretty chill.
could i ask flat out what your total compensation is?
>>
>>2065993
If you're going to graduate with a master's degree in CS you'd have to be an idiot to pursue teaching English. The pay is absolute trash compared to tech and there are plenty of tech jobs in Japan if you really want to live there.
>>
>>2065997
the deeper i go into cs the more i realize it's not really for me.
if anything ill grind a quant job for 4-5 years, save up, and bounce around the world with chill jobs and teaching seems really chill if it's as described.
tech jobs in japan are worse than nyc quant jobs in terms of workload and stress from what ive heard
>>
>>2065998
>tech jobs in japan are worse than nyc quant jobs in terms of workload and stress from what ive heard
The average white-collar Japanese workplace is a madhouse but guess what, the same is true of English teaching. Crawl any JET/ALT forum and you will not find happy people. Outliers exist but again, the tech pay is way better and has a possibility for actual career progression.

I don't want to be too mean anon. But seriously, if you drop out of a decent CS program you are an idiot. I'm a long time techfag and I hate my life at times, but when I fall asleep on my mattress made of money I thank my lucky stars that at least I don't have to work nights at the konbini to pay past due rent on a 10 m^2 rathouse somewhere on the ass end of the Ueno line. And from what I've heard, I have it better than the poor souls who haunt Facebook and AWS in the states.
>>
>>2066005
im not thinking of dropping out at all, on the contrary im planning on going all out to try and graduate as well as i can.
i get what you mean but i just dont see myself enjoying an entire tech career.
currently im planning on getting a job somewhere like aqr and hoping ill be good enough to rake in half a mil to a mil in bonuses per year, save as much as possible and then chill with some chill low paying career which lets me experience local life and live in random countries.
i will check out the forums and check out what people in those positions are saying though, thanks for the advice.
>>
>>2065998
>the deeper i go into cs the more i realize it's not really for me
>if anything ill grind a quant job for 4-5 years
You're gonna burn the fuck out and hate your life afterwards.
t. loves CS and already burning out after 10 years of working
>>
>>2059241
>one of these is the based Bhutan poster, not the Bhutranny
>>
>>2065899
Because its always the same story
>socially weird person
>grow up obsessed with anime and manga
>glorify Japan and Japanese culture without ever having any real contact with it outside of media
>decide to move to Japan despite never having been there
>straight out of school with no college degree or skills
>only option is to teach English
>no Japanese required
>go to Japan and work in an English school
>find out that teaching English sucks unless you actually enjoy teaching
>no friends because no Japanese or social skills
>get more and more bitter as time goes on
>no real chance to ever make a real career out of teaching because youre too lazy/dumb/dislike teaching
However if you enjoy teaching English and you are generally an optimistic person then it must be quite nice. I met a nice lady who had been teaching in the same small town for several years and everyone loved, she had a really positive attitude towards everything.
I think the main point is, if you are a depressed, lazy person in your own country then you are a depressed, lazy person in Japan.
>>
File: DSCF2788.jpg (1.93 MB, 4084x3043)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
>>2059218
Oh fug, I did the same
>>
File: 1615223550611.png (501 KB, 960x636)
501 KB
501 KB PNG
>>2066169
>>
File: 1606025544906.jpg (20 KB, 676x579)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
This is probably an astonishingly stupid question but can I get in trouble for viewing uncensored porn in Japan? Or is it like a distribution sort of thing?
>>
>>2066214
Viewing? No. Producing and/or distributing? Yes.
>>
>>2066031
>10 years and not retired already
how can someone be this incompetent
>>
lads I'm liking Tinder in Japan a lot. I already have several dates set up even though I arrived only a few days ago.

are there any other apps that people use here that I should check out?
>>
>>2066214
before your plane lands in Japan you're going to receive a customs ticket. It has a few questions like are you bringing alcohol into the country or any commercial goods for resale. You MUST check the pornography box of the customs ticket. If you do not check that box and they randomly search your laptop and find uncensored porn you will be in deep shit. I tell you what.
>>
>>2066260
have you been ghosted yet?
>>
>>2066266
>randomly search my encrypted loonix partition
laptop's broken nippon-man, doesn't even turn on
>>
>>2066148
You forgot a part near the end

>find out that teaching English sucks unless you actually enjoy teaching
>no friends because no Japanese or social skills
>>Tries to "flirt" with a student that is shy enough to hopefully not say no to your face
>>She still says no because you're just as unattractive in the east as you are in the west
>get more and more bitter as time goes on
>no real chance to ever make a real career out of teaching because youre too lazy/dumb/dislike teaching
>>
>>2066310
teaching is pretty based, can you do it with a random non-English CS degree?
>>
>>2066266
This happened to me as well, I was questioned and had my laptop searched as well for the mere reason of not ticking that box. I advise anyone to mark the box whenever possible, as they are on the lookout for porn.

>>2066277
They will be highly suspicious of you bringing a laptop that doesn't work and grill you even harder. They know about encryption, buddy, who do you think they are? They will ask you to decrypt your volume.
>>
>>2066252
Do all CS majors retire in 10 years in the first world? I don't know man, I am a thirdie.
>>
>>2066317

only the smart ones who realise everyone else is fucking retarded, get tired of wagecucking after two or three years and do their own thing.
>>
>>2066316
sure bro
>enters false veracrypt password
>secondary container opens
>shitty loonix install without anything important, larp as a gnufag
>>
>>2066318
I never said I was tired of wagecucking though, I think doing your own thing is far more stressful because now a fuckup can mean the end of your business. I just meant to say I'm burned out by the industry needs, as they are far from being interesting. And I'm saying that as someone who absolutely loves doing research in CS.
That anon who thinks he's gonna be fine with quant for more than 1 year after realizing CS is not his thing will crash pretty hard.
>>
>>2066319
You are larping alright, but not in a good way bro
>>
>>2065998
Finish your degree but do NOT pursue a masters. If you are unable to land an internship during your schooling then you will wind up like me who applied to tons of "entry level positions" and never heard anything back. A lot of people hyping up CS are those who were blessed enough to land a job where you do practically nothing except run routine software package updates.
>>
>>2066169
cute ganguros
>>
>>2066347
thanks for the advice but my university has a 1 year placement program and i already have 6 months of experience in internships in an investment firm and a faang company.

i'm sorry to hear about your experience. i've heard personal projects and a good github can land you good entry positions. good luck with everything anon
>>
>>2066323
thanks for the concern but i've dealt with worse things than something not being my thing for far longer than the period of time i want to work in quant firms. and this time (hopefully) i'll be getting paid out the ass.
>>
>>
>>2066750
He's not wrong. It's so nice now. You can actually walk and not have to bump into a fucker rolling around three suitcases.
>>
What the fuck,I am legitimately confused. One one hand, I see people here saying that there's no chance many people are going to be able to go into the country at all within the year, but in the same vein, I see different posts where people talk about just having arrived there. What's going on?
>>
>>2066794
I'm >>2064551 and I work at a university, which is one of the few exceptions they're allowing nowadays. also some students can get in if they're funded by government scholarships. except for that, I'm not aware of anyone making it through unless they're on a spouse/dependent visa
>>
Anyone have any tips for overcoming jet lag? I'm hopefully flying from London to Tokyo directly, so about an 11 hour trip in December. Not sure how what time of day I'm flying influences it, I can either fly at 09:55, 13:55 or 19:00, anyone know which would be best?
>>
>>2058703
Internally there may have been travel, but there wasn't a large amount of cross-country travel. In the Euro's final for example, whilst there was a large English fan presence, all the Italian fans were just local Italians who lived in the U.K. So really same sort of thing for the Olympics.
>>
>>2065901
Your retarded if you believe that. Then again does depend on which country you are talking about, probably Japan will be open to the most succesfully vaccinated countries at that point. If your African or from South America, tough luck.
>>
>>2066836
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Jet Lag Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen And Sleep Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha
>>
>>2066836
Have you ever flown somewhere before? Do you prefer landing at night, checking into hotel and going straight to bed or do you want to go out and do something on your first day?
>>
>>2066836
Sleeping is a waste of time in Japan. Last time I was there I didn't go to sleep until I was so tired that I kept walking into walls without noticing. It was worth it.
>>
>>2066836
I usually try to have an arrival time in the early afternoon, take the bus/train to my lodging, and just relax/sleep there. Even if I manage to somehow sleep on the flight, I still feel physically and mentally exhausted. Early afternoon is good because it gives you time in case your arrival is a little late, and you want to have a little buffer to figure out things like which specific train/bus you want to take, getting a SUICA card, doing any money exchanges, and other things like that. Arrive too early and your lodging my not let you check in, and getting into Japan later at night really limits your transportation options.
>>
>>2066836
>when you get on the plane set your watch to Tokyo time immediately
>if it's time for bed, go to sleep
>forget the in flight meal, forget if the lights are on, forget if you haven't taken off yet, if it's midnight in Tokyo, go to bed
>if you wake up and it's still before 6:00 am in Tokyo, close your eyes and go back to sleep
>once it's 6:00 Tokyo time you can eat and watch movies or whatever
enjoy having no jet lag. And if you're sleeping when they give out meals they'll just put a sticker on your chair reminding them to feed you later, so don't worry about missing your meal. If sleeping on a plane is difficult for you just drink a lot of alcohol before you board. That makes me sleepy.
>>
>>2066840
Based

>>2066847
Yeah I've done the long haul UK-Japan route a couple times. Last time however when I landed in Japan I was dead for about three days (although slightly more to it, was a connecting via Moscow so was more like 17 hours, + was a retard and went to Tokyo in mid August). For this trip I'd be staying with someone, so I guess 1 rest day then just being active after that. (also my hosts had me go to a full fucking family meal directly after arriving, honestly nearly killed me)

>>2066850
This sounds like a strat honestly

>>2066853
Good advice Anon, thanks. Think I'll try and aim for this. I'm the same when it comes to flights, I've never rested really on any long-haul flight. Probably I'll try and use the train, my lodging a little ways down the Keio line so it's not exactly right next to the hotel.

>>2066861
This also sounds good. I'll probably be staying for around 2 weeks, so hitting the ground running with the time-shift does sound important.
>>
File: wdyctj.webm (2.21 MB, 1280x720)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB WEBM
>>
>>2066901
to fuck japanese pussy
>>
File: 2456.webm (2.92 MB, 720x404)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>2066902
Same, brother. I can't wait to go back and walk the Tokyo, Osaka, and Fukuoka streets.
>>
Traveler's experience, is it better to have a pocket wifi device or a SIM card rental?
>>
>>2066913
Are you by yourself or do you need to share a connection? I travelled solo and used a Bmobile SIM for 3 weeks for less than $30 dollars. Worked for all the maps usage I needed and random searching on my phone, and the rest of the time I used surrounding wifi when possible.
https://www.bmobile.ne.jp/english/

I actually looked into options again, and it looks like Softbank also has a good option for 30 days. I'd actually go with that instead since I tend to stay around 4 weeks, and it's actually cheaper. I'd have to do some more research to see how reliable it is, however.
https://tokyocheapo.com/business/internet/prepaid-cheap-japan-sim-card-options/
>>
>>2066836
Stay hidrated, take a very hot bath when you arrive and dont go to sleep until its 'sleep time' in japan
>>
>>2066836
Jet Lag is a made up term, some retard with poor health made up. When you land, drink a Tiovita and vitamin c drink. Stop being a bitch.
>>
>>2066924
It would be me and my friend. Figured both of us could use a SIM, but not sure if his phone is unlocked for one. That's why I was asking if the pocket wifi has benefits over it.
>>
>>2066913
Been in Japan 3 times, mostly in the countryside. Bought neither. You really dont need it with how much free wifi is available everywhere unless you want to spam your photos to Instagram in the same minute you took them.
>>2066750
Thats true for anyone who isnt in the tourism industry. Kyoto without the Chinese is a blessing. Its actually crazy to compare regular Kyoto to Corona Kyoto and see just how many of the people are tourists.
>>
>>2066962
>"It's made up bro"
>"Take this to avoid it happening or at least help with the symptoms"
>>
Does McDonalds serve regular food in the morning?
>>
>>2066836
change your sleeping time in advance
>>
>>2066836
Time your flight so that youll land around afternoon in Japan and stay up until at least 8pm. If you go to bed earlier you will wake up at 2am in the night being fully awake and your sleep cycle will be fucked.
>>
>>2066266
>>2066316
The fuck? I've been to Japan twice with a phone full of uncensored porn and didn't tick that box. I also had a laptop but it was new and had nothing on it. The customs guy looked at me for 2 seconds and waved me on, no one even acknowledged the laptop or opened any bag even after seeing it in the xray.
This is strange to me as I was only ever wary of US customs coming back because of all the doujins I buy. JP customs guys always seemed so chill to me compared to the US.
>>
Pls reopen before January......
>>
>>2067600
Anon I also have plans currently for January, but the more time passes the more I'm convinced it's not gonna be open by then. I hope I'm wrong.
>>
File: stallone based.png (235 KB, 373x297)
235 KB
235 KB PNG
>>2066902
basadissimo
>>
File: 1622534290187.png (271 KB, 800x800)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
>>2067600
>>2067602
I've never felt like;
so miserable.
>>
>>2067586
You just got lucky. Be careful next time you come here or you might get in trouble.
>>
>>2067600
Not gonna happen. You're gonna have to wait until April or May.
I'll just keep enjoying a tourist-less Japan for a while longer. Feels good man.
>>
I need to enter Japan. There is a line of cute crossdressing guys waiting to get a western dicking.
>>
>>2067817
>There is a line of cute crossdressing guys waiting to get a western dicking
Pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>2067818
Sadly, I am not in Japan.
>>
Well GOD DAMN you half japanese girls
Do it to me every time

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.