[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 157 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tokyo.jpg (683 KB, 1600x1200)
683 KB
683 KB JPG
Is Tokyo overrated or actually worth it?
>>
absolutely worth it, it's like going to a different world
>>
>>2050074
It looks fucking huge, is it as big as it seems?
>>
>>2050072
It's actually really fucking cool. Not overrated at all
>>
So overrated
>>
I enjoy japan from the far. I don't think I'll ever go there unless I have a reason besides tourism.
>>
>>2050076
No, it's actually quite tiny and you could walk it in half an hour
>>
>>2050072
Guys how feasible is it to larp as enter the void minus the drug dealing? I’m a traumatized man child and I like to go on controlled downward spirals of hedonism and I loved that movie so much. I just wanna wander around in neon lit streets, meet qts and stare into their eyes at ambiently lit bars/cafes whatever until they smile cutely and go “whaaaAAAt” (whatever that is in Japanese). Have squealing sex with them in boutique hotel rooms, and listen to dreampunk soundtracks to give buoyancy to the mixture of exuberance of life but also it’s faintly sad finiteness and ephemerality. I wanna smoke cigs quietly on balconie that overlook the city while nursing in tandem. Can I do this? What would it cost? Where would I situate myself.
>>
>>2050090
Nursing a beer* ffs...
>>
>>2050074
it's really no different from large european cities with good transport links, but i guess when you're an amerilard that's exotic
>>
>>2050072
yeah it's worth it, japan is on another level, it's just great
>>
>>2050078
What did you do there?
>>
>>2050084
>besides tourism
What other reason is there retard?
>>
>>2050072
honestly, only worth it if you plan on going to little 5-seater bars and izakayas 4 nights a week.
then it's tolerable because of how many places to eat/drink there are within a mile of your house.

it's a shithole compared to the rest of japan though. cost of living literally 2-3x of anywhere else. everyone I know in Tokyo works twice the hours to be twice as broke as anyone living literally anywhere else.

If you want a good time in Japan and to save a heap of money, move to a small city in kansai, around 100k~300k population.
>>
>>2050108
>it's really no different from large european cities
except actually being clean, safe and efficient.

But yeah keep dreaming Nigel.
>inb4 amerilurd lelele

Romandie.
KYS
>>
>>2050139
Work or relationships or events are all reasons people travel
>>
>>2050072
it looks like a skin disease or scab
>>
>>2050072
Are there no go areas in Tokyo. Like what makes Mexcio city so shitty and Tokyo not?
>>
File: ljpgs531x7u11.jpg (1.57 MB, 3024x4032)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB JPG
Was there for 4 days and I felt like I was rushing to see all the main sites. I think you can take 2 weeks just exploring the city and not see everything.
>>
>>2050169
post pictures
>>
>>2050140
this nigga knows whats up
Tokyo is fun to visit for a week or so but Japan really shines in the smaller/mid-size cities

Osaka>Tokyo for myself
>>
>>2050139
>What other reason is there retard?
what kind of retarded question is this? Have you never traveled for other reasons than tourism? I've traveled for work, both real work and flimsy excuses for a short holiday, and for a wedding. >>2050149's point stands.
>>
>>2050181
Nice blogpost dipshit
>>
>>2050191
nice being a retard retard
>>
Depends entirely on what you're going there for.
>cuisine
>nightlife
>bar scene
>technology
>entertainment
Any of the above is worth. If you like the history side then Kyoto and Osaka are a bit better.
>>2050074
Tokyo's not really that big of a difference from major Western cities outside of its pop culture. Japan in general is probably the most Western-ish part of Asia outside of maybe Hong Kong. Hokkaido especially feels like you're in Scotland if it was far more populated and had bigger cities and also didn't have any rowdy Scots.
>>
>>2050162
>Are there no go areas in Tokyo
Anywhere with large gang influence? Even then Yakuza won't fuck with you unless you're being an asshole in public or in any establishment they run and they run a lot from gyms to pachinko parlors to nightclubs.
>>
>>2050207
>hokkaido feels like scotland if scotland was completely different than it actually is
What?
>>
>>2050209
>Yakuza
are you serious? Quit watching movies kid.
>>
Its just a city. Weird fetishists act like its some exotic Disneyland.
>>
>>2050220
>be me
>go into random japanese dive bar
>sit at bar
>smile at hot waitress
>some japanese guy comes over
>asks me my name, where i'm from
>tell him
>we talk about old school 80s video games for about 15 minutes
>he buys me a shot, and him a shot
>we both take the shot
>he rolls up his sleevs
>mfw i see a dragon tattoo
>well, it was nice drinking with you anon
>take care and enjoy tokyo
>he walks off
>mfw i took shots with a yakuza in tokyo

pretty fucking cool, he didn't seem aggressive at all
>>
>>2050147
A kiss for you too mr Romandie. Smooch.
>>
>>2050236
i just checked the time, it's larp o'clock
>>
>>2050240
not a larp, it's not like it's a secret the yakuza are in tokyo, mostly kabukicho....
>>
File: 20170310_141122.jpg (2.94 MB, 4032x3024)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB JPG
>>2050169
I spent two weeks in japan and I didn't even visit Tokyo besides the airport
>>
>>2050147
cope and sneed cleetus
>>
>>2050242
I believe you anon. I have also had cool bar experiences with locals that result in /trv/ acting like my story ends in Bill Murray saying no one will ever believe you.
>>
>>2050236
Wow you had a drink with a guy that had a tattoo!!! Epic yakuza!
>>
>>2050250
Post pics
>>
>>2050271
seconded
>>
>>2050250
You think that sucks? I spent 7 weeks and I didn't even set foot anywhere close to Kanto area. At least I climbed Mt Fuji though
>>
File: 20170310_181626.jpg (3.5 MB, 4032x3024)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB JPG
>>2050271
Would you prefer temples or cities?

>>2050276
I was hoping to see Mt Fugi while on the bullet train but it was cloudy that day...
>>
>>2050277
Would you mind posting both, anon-kun?
>>
>>2050277
spurdo went to mt fuggggi x-DDDDD
>>
>>2050277
It will always be cloudy in summer, late spring and early autumn when the humidity is high. Actually that's the reason why I climbed it though. I was sightseeing in Fujiyoshida but the view sucked so I decided to go closer to the mountain until the 5th station. In the end I ended up at the summit lol
>>
>>2050269
pretty obvious he was legit
>>
>>2050072
lived in yokohama for two years and i feel like i barely scratched the surface of tokyo despite spending nearly every weekend doing something new there
>>
>>2050090
you're a faggot, real tokyo is nothing like that movie
>>
>>2050076
it has a population of 30+ million wtf do you think
>>
>>2050090
super easy lmao. some research chems are legal and some head shops still sell them if you know how to ask, easier to import them though.

you sound like the kinda retard that freaks out on novel psychedelics and gets fun substances banned though, so you can get fucked kek.
>>
>>2050172
Yeah, but Tokyo is basically a conglomeration of a bunch of mid-sized cities with different vibes. If you're in a small-mid sized city, that's pretty much it. If you can live in an area you really like, and able to work nearby, Tokyo is far better than anywhere else in the country in a lot of ways..
>>
>>2050311
>>2050332
You guys are asking for future TJT threads with this kind of talk. You’re not gonna like it and you’re not gonna be able to look away. Watch yourselves
>>
>>2050138
Stayed in cheap as fuck hostel, got to know a bro from Kyrgystan, went on night walks with new bro, went to some bars. Although Tokyo skytree is expensive as fuck, the view at night is fucking awesome. Hated Akihabara though (not a big anime fan) was fun to see fat weebs walk around in Anime t-shirts
>>
>>2050072

Worth
>>
Is it better to stay in youth hostels or capsule hotels? Btw, I'm 35 yo cis male. Fuck trannies
>>
>>2050236
This mirrors some stories I've heard from close friends, so fuck you if this is a larp because I believe in it.
>>
>>2051150
The part about the random talk is most likely true story since it happened to me too. Some japs love to talk to foreigners about random subjects. In my situation, some depressed-looking office worker talked to me about politics while hanging around in an izakaya in Nagoya. But the part about the dragon tattoo and yakuza sounds larp as fuck.
>>
>>2051150
As if a guy with a tattoo would ever talk to somebody. Pure fantasy.
>>
Tokyo is only for fucking. You should go to smaller cities for tourism and enjoying Japan. The smaller cities are harder to get laid and the population is older.

This is why people on 4chan tend to like Tokyo and Osaka. It's because the women are eastest there and most people here are just sexpats that merely pretend to be interested in Japanese culture and are just there to smash puss.
>>
>>2051368
Look at this guy; a true hero of this board. All I want is squealing jap teens in a love hotel pal. Hit the nail on the head
>>
Tokyo is the epitome of the 20th century. It's everything living in the city could have hoped to achieve.
>>2051145
capsule hotels are a novelty. Do it for one night if you're morbidly curious. You'll quickly find that they're overpriced. Never been to a youth hostel. Kill all trannies.
>>
>>2051368
This was also my experience in Tokyo. Women were very accomodating and made me feel very comfortable :) btw i'm black not sure if that matters
>>
>>2051145
I'd recommend not fucking trannies in Japan anon, but if that's your thing I'm not going to stop you.
>>
>>2051374
>Tokyo is the epitome of the 20th century. It's everything living in the city could have hoped to achieve
How so?
>>
>>2051518
By staying away from nature and reality
>>
>>2051173
This. Anon probably talked with a fat weeb or something. Probably about anime game or some tentacle hentai shit. The "dragon tattoo" were probably just some random tentacle tattoo too.
>>
>>2051173
>>2051923
dude had sunglasses and his suit was fucking nice, i would put money on him being yakuza, not even a larp
>>
File: 1610181382236.jpg (44 KB, 678x645)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>2050395
>Tokyo is far better than anywhere else in the country in a lot of ways..
fuck no
Like literally everyone in the thread says, it's a nice place to visit for a week but it's fucking awful.
Shit people
Shit pollution
Crowded as shit
Expensive as shit

Literally live in any 300k pop or higher city anywhere else in the country.
Hell, even Nagoya is better than Tokyo, and Nagoya's widely regarded as a shithole
>>
>>2050162
>Like what makes Mexcio city so shitty and Tokyo not?
Because México city is filled with Méxicans and Tokyo is filled with Japs
>>
>>2052502
>Shit people
>Shit pollution
>Crowded as shit
>Expensive as shit
Yeah, if you're a failed poor living in a shitty Saitama suburb.
>>
>>2050162
Pfft, no. Everywhere in Tokyo is completely safe. Including Kabukicho. Just don't follow touts anywhere (especially the foreign ones).
>>
>>2051145
If you're trying to fuck go to a hostel. Capsules are separated by gender.
>>
>>2052534
>>2051440
God damnit I said "fuck trannies", not "I fuck trannies". Fuck, this new captcha is retarded as fuck
>>
>>2050072
Extremely overrated, one of the biggest shitholes on the planet
>>
>>2052551
why would you say "fuck trannies" if you like to fuck trannies? If that is your thing I guess try Kabukicho or something, there are plenty of trans folk there. /trv/ loves it's trans community too btw.
>>
>>2050162
Don't follow the niggers anywhere
>>
>>2050140

I really dont get these prolific opinions on here of “tokyo is shit” and “city bad”. If you are a loner type and just want to stay at home and do home things 95% of the time fair enough its cheaper to do that elsewhere.

But for someone who isnt like that or has money it sounds fucking stupid. Tokyo has literally everything and variety to match. It has links to all of japan and a shit load of nice nature close to it also. Even if you only have moderate disposable income if you actually like to fucking do things Tokyo is much better than some literally who town in kansai.

People in japan under 55 are desperate to leave these places. Tokyo is not growing just because its got more opportunities recreationally and professionally, it is growing because the young normal japanese themselves want to get out of boring ass small towns. Its more extreme here than in the west.
>>
File: 0_PbBSMI8aHF2ttYQ1.jpg (324 KB, 2080x1388)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
>>2052729
>get out of boring ass small towns
Kys city slicker retard
>>
>>2052735

I completely get why you would like small towns without much to do if you are a homebody and like to just chill at home and do things at home 95% of the time, and if you dont have much money. It’ll both make no difference to your life and you’ll save money to spend on your home hobbies maybe.

But that doesnt make it better. Its objectively worse on almost every metric. If you have money it’s especially worse. If you like to leave your home and dont even play video games or anime its also way worse. If you like to eat food, then any mexican/italian/greek/indian/chinese/American/french/sushi/tenpanyaki/yakiniku and even washoku itself is way worse in these small places. I’ve had them there before. If you just like to live off of cup ramen and combini food or you enjoy eating cheap shitty izakya then obviously you havent developed that experience to compare and its a non factor for your lifestyle.
If you dont like to go skiing, take trips around japan often, stay in ryokans, do road trips, etc then obviously you wont see the value in Tokyo there either.

If you want to just be a shut-in except in japan then yeah, do it in a literally who town
>>
>>2052744
The point is not small or big town, the point is to get out of any kind of built-up area to explore the remotest villages, countrysides, mountain slopes and hidden places because that is the point of travelling.
C*ties are ugly, grey, overcrowded concrete pourings without culture and with globalization.
They are all the same boringness throughout the world: concrete, steel, glass, asphalt, concrete, steel, glass, asphalt and so on

Rural and off-the-beaten-path areas, however, are authentic and only there the most original culture and nature is preserved.

And this applies to everywhere, not only to japan that i hate anyway because it's a dystopian shithole very popular amongst basement neets and room-temperature-iq tv watchers

I'm so glad i moved out of the big c*ty at the age of 20 to a rural area near a small village on the mountains, the big c*ty was a filthy grey shithole overrun by niggers and npcs, i had nothing to do and nowhere to go because everything around smelled like piss and was ugly, now that i live in the contryside i hike every morning in the nature and i drive though trees instead of commieblocks and traffic.
>>
>>2050090
how are some people this naive
>>
>>2052729
literally the fucking opposite, holy fuck you're retarded.

No-one WANTS to move to Tokyo, but they have to to get a good job.
Every company worth a shit in Japan houses an office in Tokyo because of the prestige (if you wanna call it that) of having an office in Tokyo gives the company credibility.

Inaka Japan is comfy as fuck but if you're a freshly-graduated 20-something year old you have fuck all job opportunities except carry on the family business/tradition.
>>
>>2050087

top kek, I live in Tokyo and it takes 45 mins to walk two stations over

>>2050277
>Mt Fugi
>Fugi

Jesus fucking christ you're a retarded faggot
>>
>>2052744
soulless bugman.
Literally 0 arguments, only garbage.
>>
>>2052940
You sound poor.
>>
>>2052983

I literally leave Tokyo for weekends or even days at a time bi monthly to go to the countryside. Tokyo is surrounded by all kinds of nature and sometimes i just hop on a shinkansen or flight to further places which is easy from Tokyo unlike literally who towns.

Like i said, if you are talking about a cheap life without doing much things other than being at home and walking locally then i get it. But thats not what most people aspire to. And living in one of these literally who towns means if you feel like a good mexican/italian/yakiniku or whatever its not even an option, even if you can actually find something like greek food there(you cant).
Ao basically its a huge trade off which is only worth it if you dont have much cash and are content to stay at home mostly anyway and dont enjoy food much.
>>
nu-/trv/ is the fucking worst.
all these fucking covid tourists and election babbies.
mods need to permaban anyone who wasnt already on this board before 2013.
>>
>>2053117
You first, newfag.
>>
File: anime-shark.jpg (150 KB, 1024x1011)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>2050191
>two sentences
>blog post
>>
>>2052674
Lol is your picture supposed to prove how much of a 'shithole' it is?
>>
>>2053117
This board is already slow as shit and you wanna make it even slower?
>>
>>2052674
if you think that picture makes that place look shitty I would love to hear what you think about Seattle.
>>
>>2053082
>Like i said, if you are talking about a cheap life without doing much things other than being at home and walking locally then i get it.
you keep "not getting it''.
Just do whatever; as I said, you sound like the average soulless bugman. Known many of your type, carry on.
>>
>>2053329
>Seattle
It looks way better, actually
>>
File: images[1].jpg (9 KB, 315x160)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>2053466
That single house has about 20 architectural snafus obvious by looking at the pic for 30 seconds. Can't even begin to imagine what a travesty it is if you start looking at the finer details from all angles.
>>
>>2050072
Only if you have already visited every city in Europe. There's a shit ton of museums and attractions all over Europe even in the relatively poorer nations.
Ofc if what you are interested in is being able to buy a bodypillow with a cute drawing then go for it.
>>
>>2050108
Absolutely delusional. Three largest European cities are Moscow, London and Paris, none of which even come close to Tokyo in terms of things to offer unless you're a history/museum buff. You can find interesting stuff in several different areas whereas in European cities attractions are largely confined to the central cluster.

Also one of the most striking things about Tokyo is how you can tell people there have actual purchasing power. Everyone is well dressed, cars are new and there's an infinity of shops and entertainment venues all offering high quality stuff. A world away from somewhere like London where you have a handful of luxury stores catering to rich Arabs but everything else looks like some Cairo slum market tier shit. Not even large American cities give the impression of wealth you see in Tokyo. And Japan's GDP per capita isn't even that high so I don't know if the stats are inaccurate or maybe Japs outside of Tokyo are considerably poorer and bring the average down.
>>
>>2053548
Kys city slicker
>>
>>2053548
every city outside of tokyo is literally crumbling. Most of the people who look well off in Japan are fake it until they (don't) make it types or are sitting on family inheritances that are quickly evaporating.
>>
>>2053577
source: justtrustmebro
>>
>>2053133
been here before you were born, my guy

>>2053303
>he thinks current /trv/ is slow
mate it's fucking lightning fast these days. 10 years ago there was no point checking threads more than once every 2-3 weeks because the board got maybe 5 posts a day.
>>
>>2053619
Newfag
>>
>>2053548

Its both. Outside of Tokyo is considerably poorer. Obviously with 30million people tax revenue is high for making things look nice too.
If you go to other cities general they are much more poor looking and that impression of wealth ie nice stores and such isnt there and people dress shitty.

There are a few 90 year old men in a younger persons body here who shit on everything to fo with cities because they don’t understand not every is content to be poor living in a boring place with no money rarely leaving the house. They don’t seem to grasp that nature is abundant in Japan and just because they can’t afford to get out of tokyo when they lived there doesn’t mean others cant. Fact is Tokyo is one of the most convenient cities to live if you have even moderate money as its very easy to leave and go to nature and do all kinds of things any time you want to.

But apparently aspiring to do anything but be poor, dressing shitty, autistic, watching anime, eating shit cheap food at home and randomly walk around in the woods is “souless”
>>
File: british_swamp_people.jpg (149 KB, 768x768)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>2052735
Yeah how can he call small towns boring when you can engage in thrilling activities like standing in lakes?
>>
>>2053658
>Fact is Tokyo is one of the most convenient cities to live if you have even moderate money as its very easy to leave and go to nature and do all kinds of things any time you want to.
This. I ride by bike all through the mountains west and north of Tokyo, and I live in one of the nicest wards in west Tokyo. Most of the people who whine about Tokyo being a shithole are either weeb retards who know nothing about the city, or poor monkey dancing retards who don't have the money or time to enjoy the city. That said, there are a handful of 2nd tier cities I'd have no problem living in. And anyone who claims Osaka is better than Tokyo is mentally impaired.
>>
>>2050140
>If you want a good time in Japan and to save a heap of money, move to a small city in kansai, around 100k~300k population.
and do what, exactly? all the jobs are in Tokyo
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (35 KB, 600x600)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>2053691
>and do what, exactly?
>>
File: 20210709_130326.jpg (344 KB, 748x498)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
>>2053577
>>2053690
>>2053691
kys city slicker retards

I moved in 2019 from m*ilan (2nd biggest c*ty in Italy) to a rural area near a small village in the mountains.
I'm more active than ever: before in the c*ty i had nothing to do because everything around me was a boring concrete shithole, so i had no reason to get outside home: grey commieblocks, glass and steel monstruosities, traffic, niggers, libtards, smog, pollution and fakeness were killing me and seemed hell to me.
Now on the mountains i'm another person: i wake up early in the morning to walk in the forest, the scenery is otherwordly, then i drive to work through the trees and not traffic jams, and at evening i observe the dark skies with my telescope.
In free time if i'm not home i farm some land i own and explore the mountains nearby; if i want social interaction, that i don't need anyway, i can just go to the village or the provincial town where i actually have more social opportunities because in small communities people are bounded better.
Now, after more than 2 years, of de-intoxication from globohomo cockroach life, i hate the c*ty even more and feel to superior to you city slickers that never been outside your shithole
>>
>>2053667
>place with less than 30 million people
>boring

I'm tired of this bullshit
>>
>>2053705
You can't compare Milan to Tokyo bruh
>>
>>2053721
Right, Tokyo is the same hellhole but x30
>>
>>2053727
Why do you think Tokyo is so bad? Like concrete reasons. Cause everyone else I've talked to irl who's been has loved it.
>>
>>2053691
>all the jobs are in Tokyo
that's if you're Japanese.
If you're foreign you're pretty much limited to teaching English.
Unless you marry a Jap, then once you're on a spousal visa you could maybe open your own bar if you wanted.

Job/career opportunities in Japan are pretty awful unless you have some hyper-amazing education/marketing/engineering background and JLPT1 to go with it, but even then you're still gunna be earning less than some cunt holding a shovel back home.

The main reason I stayed in Japan teaching English so long was I got a chill position where I basically played games & sung songs with kids, I could fuck off early every day at 2pm and I had 4 months paid vacation a year.
But that all disappeared once the govt opened up visas to Filipinos, so all the time off etc disappeared quick.

Fucking Flips.

English teaching industry in Japan is literally 80% Filipinos now.
>>
>>2053909
>everyone else I've talked to irl
is a normie
>>
>>2053909
>why do you hate an overcrowded concrete pouring
I don't think it needs further explanations
>>
>>2053995
I want legitimate reasons. What you just said can be applied to any major city. Why Tokyo specifically?
>>
>>2053996
>what you just said can be applied to any major city
and I hate every city in fact, but this shithole is even worse because 99,999% of buildings are modern condos, it completely lacks any kind of historical centre, no traditional architecture at all, only an endless soulless cluster of ugly grey buildings with some LED advertisement here and there.
People attracted by such a shithole are dead in their brains due to decades of cartoons or just normies that can't do anything but follow mainstream trends

Retards like >>2050074, that unironically thinks those glass and steel monstruosities are another world while they can be found literally elsewhere in the world
>>
>be 40 yr old dipshit burned out backpacker
>jaded with everything
>go to tokyo to take photos or something
>lost
>rains the whole three days i booked
>2nd to last day go out with my shitty dslr take photos to make trip worth it
>pretty fun
>go back to cheap fucking hostel bc i'm poor
>sit in lobby going through my photos
>girl comes up sits close to me
>you like photos anon?
>yeah i guess, jsut took some
>what's your name?
>talk to her for a while
>23 yr painter, japanese, hot
>we talk all night
>go to my shitty bed fall asleep
>fly to thailand next day
>she emails me
>hey anon, remember me? i'm going to thailand too, in a few weeks for an art show, will you be there?
>sure
>meet here there
>have 2 weeks of hanging out and sleeping together
>never hear from her again

tokyo is pretty cool, you will never convince me otherwise
>>
>>2054008
>99,999% of buildings are modern condos
Mutt, Indonesian or Singaporean?
>>
>>2054010
what is ur job bro?
>>
>>2054015
esl bum, what else? I've done other stuff, but i'd ay that's it.
>>
File: bunraku.jpg (39 KB, 425x560)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>2050072
Whether it is over rted depends on how highly you rate it. I'm not a fan of big cities, but t was worth visiting and seeing some stuff as part of a visit to the rest of Japan.
>>
>>2054022
degree?
>>
>>2054010
and then everyone clapped (in Japanese)
>>
>>2054008
>waaaah I hate every city
wow, such a great post. it is certainly relevant to this discussion about Tokyo. thank you for your contribution, you stupid fuck
>>
>>2053995
>wahhhhhh I hate concrete
Go back to stone age, Neantherthal faggot
>>
>>2053969
>English teaching industry in Japan is literally 80% Filipinos now.
For shit-tier jobs, maybe. Not in universities, which are really the only decent teaching jobs.
>>
Is there any anime stuff here because my weeb ass automatically associates anything Japanese with anime girls.
>>
>>2054915
What anime stuff are you referring to? For imaginary irl anime freak girls, go to Harajuku. If you want to look for silicon fuck dolls, go to Akiba.
>>
>>2053082
>but how will I be able to consume

Reddit is more your speed bugman.
>>
>>2050108
No retard, the difference is your eurosperg city has rampant somalis and such that will stab you as soon as look at you.

You're not special, no one is fantasizing about going to your cucked little slice of land, or specifically learning it's history. No one cares.
>>
>>2056277
Eh, american niggers are simply discount somalis. If they don't fuck you up, the cops will. At least european cops are too pussy to mess with ordinary citizens.
>>
>>2050090
Sure you could go to Tokyo and get killed like in the movie. All jokes aside how did you finish that movie because it's unwatchable after about 20 mins.
>>
>>2051145
Hotel prices, at least in early 2020 around January, were stupid cheap compared to the US. I saw ones in busy places like Shibuya for around $35-40 a night. I get that hostels and capsules are even cheaper and stuff, but why not get some privacy for walking in your room naked or whatever?
>>
>>2052947
I know the person you responded to is sarcastic/retarded, but you got to be kidding if you think it takes any normal person more than 20 mins to walk from say asakusa to asakusabashi.
>>
>>2050147
>clean, safe and efficient.
Kek.
Clean? Solely in the tourist hotspots.
Safe? Just as safe as any western county. Just don't go to the wrong parts of town at the wrong time.
Efficient? Public transit? Sure. Individuals and or society in general? Lol no
>>
>>2057022
>Safe? Just as safe as any western county. Just don't go to the wrong parts of town at the wrong time.
If you think safety in NYC, London, Paris, or Rome is even remotely on par with Tokyo, you are fucking retarded.
>>
>>2056698
$35 a night just for extra comfort is not cheap. Sorry I've been a backpacker whenever I travel for as long as I remember. I don't understand the notion of looking for homely comfort when the reason for you to get out of your home is to find an adventure.

>>2056702
It will if that anon weighs more than 300lbs
>>
>>2057335
I guess I just value privacy and having an easy and guaranteed place to store items. I really hate carrying around more than just what I can fit in my pockets and always having to think about a bag is annoying.
>>
>>2053969
>If you're foreign you're pretty much limited to teaching English.

You're a retard, I've lived here for three years as a software engineer and it's awesome.
>>
>>2057443
Capsule hotels and hostels have individual lockers, you know? You can easily fap alone in the capsule, while for hostels it's easy to find horny teenagers. Privacy is for guys who have a dick less than 7 inches long.
>>
>>2057789
how are computer related jobs in japan for foreigners, is it really as soul crushing as they say?
>>
>>2057818
Yes if you work for black companies or Nintendo
>>
>>2050072
Had no idea it was that hueg. It looks pretty though. There's a lot of green for such a massive city.
>>
>>2057952
>Tokyo
>a lot of green
lmao what
>>
Tokyo is a good, I spent like 2 weeks there last year and it feels like a whole other world. I’m jealous of some many aspects of the city, it’s clean, people (mostly) leave you alone entirely Ie no aggressive homeless people every few feet, thousands of restaurants, thousands of bars, just endless amounts of stuff to do/see. You could easily spend a month there and still miss stuff. The scale is absurd.
>>
>>2050072

Worth it for the first time traveler. Stay away from it after a week. Way more to do in Osaka or Nagoya and Japanese don't look at you like a lost dog like they do in Tokyo
>>
>>2050072
tokyo makes people from continents over seethe, that should clue you in. it's even whiter than america too
>>
>>2057968
Compared to most major cities, yes. You should visit Tokyo once in a while. In case you are larping from your basement, then get out and take a walk or something, fatass
>>
>>2058048
>Way more to do in Osaka or Nagoya
>Nagoya
>>
>>2050072
Has anyone tried to live in social apartment or co-living house like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtFWfQcIRmc
How was it?
>>
>>2058433
That looks like hell and it's not even cheap.
>>
>>2050074
This,
you feel safe everywhere and it's comfy as fuck
>>
File: IMG_0200.jpg (3.17 MB, 4000x3000)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB JPG
best city I've ever been to, been to dozens of countries, lived in all sorts of cities

you'll never regret a trip to Tokyo unless you have really bad taste, you're a lunatic, or you're some anti-social scumbag
>>
>>2050276
pleb, i spent 15 years in japan and didn't leave narita airport.
>>
>>2058770
this guy is 100% right
>>
>>2058804
Damn, feel bad for you man. Hope you got better chance and job for you in the future. Living in Japan but never had a chance to visit Tokyo feels like a curse

>>2058770
>you'll never regret a trip to Tokyo unless you have really bad taste, you're a lunatic, or you're some anti-social scumbag
/thread
>>
>>2058433
Imagine hiring hookers while living in this god forsaken mental hospital full of social misfits.
>>
>>2050076
>>2050324

My mind can't wrap around a city that big. That is as big as some entire nations.
>>
>>2058709
>>2058841
Where do you think I should go if I want to stay in Tokyo for three months? Can I rent an apartment?
>>
>>2058841
>hires hookers
>calls others mental patients and social misfits
I wanna see you coping. Please reply ASAP.
>>
>>2058867
>sex is abnormal and unnatural
Absolute virgin detected. Or maybe, a 11 year old kid who don't know that sex is a necessity. Mods, do your job
>>
>>2058871
I agree that moving the goalposts is a way of coping.
>>
File: discordsoyjak.png (126 KB, 623x930)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
>>2058871
>sex is a necessity
what a weird way to justify your cooming addiction. sex is a "necessity" in the same way that companionship is. it's something you should have in your life not something you need to do daily to not feel anxious all the time.

obvious coomer is obvious, get help.
>>
>>2058856
Sharehouse or Airbnb is a good bet, depending on budget. Just be mindful the quality of sharehouses varies wildly.
>>
>>2058770
>>2058770
everything tokyo does, literally every other city in japan does better
>>
>>2058892
>>2058908
>wojak and doubleposting
I wonder who's coping now?
>>
>>2053577
>every city outside of tokyo is literally crumbling
this is absolute bullshit, not only there are thousands of other cities where people live without problem, but tens of millions actually live in villages and countryside so far from any city

>>2053548
This is one of the most retarded replies i've ever seen
>none of which even come close to t*kyo in terms of things to offer
bullshit, and there are not only c*ties in the world you retarded city slicker
>You can find interesting stuff in several different areas whereas in European cities attractions are largely confined to the central cluster
also bullshit
>Everyone is well dressed
never true, but even if it was it means that everyone follows trends aka is retarded? Not a great point at all
>muh shops and entertainment
you must be one of those room-temperature iq consoomers, aren't you?
>A world away from London where you have Cairo slum market tier shit
you are ridiculous, kill yourself
>>
>>2059088
Newsflash: you can have sex without going to a hooker.

>>2058908
Why get stuck arguing on semantics? It's a "need" that's not essential for life, but you usually get frustrated if you don't have any. Just because someone says it's a necessity doesn't mean you literally will die if you don't get it.
>>
>>2050072
It’s overrated.
But it’s still fucking awesome.
I think it fits a certain personality type that is not super common
>>
>>2052795
>the remotest villages, countrysides, mountain slopes and hidden places because that is the point of travelling.
Their all the same.
>>
>>2059247
what kind of personality type would that be?
>>
>>2059258
One that understands it’s rude to talk on the subway
>>
>>2059258
One that I enjoys karaoke, but in a private room.
One that understands the difference between being polite and being nice and enjoys the rituals of polite society.
One that enjoys complex simplicity in architecture over garish style
>>
>>2050207
Nightlife and barscene? What the fuck are you talking about?

I was in Tokyo for 10 days and was trying to go out every single night. If it's a weekday all the clubs are closed other than the literal gaijin spots like gaspanic..

Other than that you I was just drinking outside familymart drunkenly chatting up random fempat weebs. It was fucking trash.

The weekend was slightly better but depends where you go. Some of the places were dead, huge warehouse type clubs playing the shittest blandest techno.
>>
>>2057789
Nonono, YOU are the retard if you think being a software engineer in Japan is anywhere near worth it.

You're willingly getting paid less, working harder and longer and for what? absolute shit startfish sex.

Sort it out
>>
>>2059090
Literally seething
>>
>>2059316
this is exactly what i've been trying to tell people anon.
unless you're a REAL foodie faggot, then honestly Tokyo's not really got a lot going on for a city of 40 million fucking people.
Sunday thru to Thursday you may as well be in an inaka town with 1-2 close buddies
>>
>>2059574

Glad I'm not the only one who experienced this... once you've ticked off all the top 25 things to see and go from TripAdvisor there's not a whole lot else. Should have reduced the trip to 5 days and would have been more than enough.
>>
I can't speak on long term but if it's 2-3 weeks it's totally worth it. It's not a place where you will make lifelong friends or something like that. It's a place where you can pretty much wander around without worrying about safety, which is rare these days. I've had to deal with enough bullshit to really appreciate that as a traveler, I like to roam around everywhere and get lost and East Asia allows me to do that. I've found that people that don't like night life in East Asian cities tend to really need drugs for a good time. Some of them still love Japan but they never seem to realize how much of a game changer drugs would be to the country.

I could literally bar hop and eat food from 711 in Japan for years though, so I'm probably not the best judge.
>>
>>2059316
Wrong era. Should've tasted Tokyo nightlife before the chink virus
>>
>>2059802
I did, this was in 2015 baby.
>>
>>2050072
Kyoto and Osaka are way better
>>
>>2059794
Conbini food is best food
>>
>>2060119
>Kyoto and Osaka are way better
They absolutely are---if you're a poor who can't cut it in Tokyo.
>>
>>2060397
>Osaka cheap
Larp or misinformed
>>
File: IMG_1566.jpg (1.46 MB, 2754x2751)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
My burger ass loved Kyoto and would go back
>>
>>2050108
Rent free Euro, rent free..
>>
>>2059111
>Newsflash

go back!
>>
I would recommend Tokyo visits during winter and spring for its laid back atmosphere. Kyoto during summer and autumn for its food and festivities. Osaka during summer and winter for its food and music scene.
>>
File: 1626012584631.jpg (49 KB, 750x837)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>2060797
this cunt knows what's up.
I'd also add Kobe/Himeji in spring and autumn to that list.
>>
>>2054240
>crapprud
>>
Osaka is better
>>
File: IMG_7461.jpg (204 KB, 1025x1252)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
No one mentioned Sapporo. How does it compare to the rest of Japan's big cities?
>>
File: gnome anon.jpg (415 KB, 1280x958)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
>>2061676
great to live there, bit meh to visit.
sapporo is basically a japanese version of an american planned city. very car-based, meh-tier public transport, grid-based streets, not much to do other than CONSOOM and leave the city to go to see more comfy places in hokkaido.

hokkaido is unironically my favorite place on earth though, looks amazing in the winter and there's loads of shit to do any season. undistrubed natural beauty type shit. hokkaido in winter is peak /comfy/
>>
>>2061700
I heard people said that winter in Hokkaido feels like Narnia or something.
>>
>>2061676
it's the "newest" of the major Japanese cities, so it doesnt really have much history or shit to see compared to the others.
It was mostly established as the northern trading port and business hub for the northern prefectures.
Cool to visit for a night or two, but unless you're going there specifically to see something you can skip it.
Like other guy says though, Hokkaido is top-tier prefecture otherwise, especially if you like snowboarding or have a car and like /out/ stuff.
Just watch out for bears and dont touch or go near the naturally-growing wild marijuana.
>>
>>2062451
>dont touch or go near the naturally-growing wild marijuana
why
>>
>>2061700
>>2062451
I saw some pics of their winter ice sculpture festival. Seems kinda cool.

>>2062480
Was trying to understand this too. Why?
>>
>>2062480
>>2062746
gtfo my japan you disgusting hippies
>>
>>2050262
Oh, we believe he had a drink with a jap who had a tattoo. It's the yakuza leap that's fucking stupid.
>>
>>2062010
it's super serene and surreal. it's a super alpine environment where everything is super lush in the summer and otherworldly in the winter.

>>2062480
you can totally fuck with it, just don't if it's like a field of them or even an obvious grouping - then it's probably been discovered. also if you get v& not my problem
>>
No point going now, the Americans have finally cut off the remaining testicle the Japs had after WW2 with that atrocious opening ceremony.
>>
>>2050072
>>2050076
>>2050324
>>2058852
Can't wrap my head around it either. I live in a country of about 5 and a half million people. That's an insane amount of people for just one city.
>>
>>2050108
Yea, that's why people from Tokyo experience Paris Syndrome but people from Paris don't experience Tokyo Syndrome.
>>
>>2050162
Mexicans.
>>
>>2063862
This
>>
>>2063638
Art illiterate
>>
>>2052674
Posting this is no different from posting that awful American highway exit pic with nothing but fast food places everywhere. Of course Japan has ugly places, everywhere does.
>>
>>2052674
>cherry picked image to prove Japan is a heckin shitholerino is just a normal small house
Based retard
>>
>>2063957
Weeb
>>
>>2052674
god, what I would pay for a house like that
>>
>>2050072
>>2050074
It's fucking amazing, if the work environment wasn't so depressing, I would move there instantly. It's the best place in the world.
>>
>>2064254
just get enough money to retire and only work there enough to get a permanent visa
if you're a code monkey that should take 10 years max
>>
>>2064254
>It'S fUckiNg AmAziNg
>>
>>2064244
for a shoebox in a filthy concrete shithole? not even free
>>
>>2064037
>cherrypicking
no that is an average street and not even the ugliest
>>
>>2064317
I only need a shoebox, bigger places are a pain to clean.
>>
File: 20200218_121357.jpg (3.56 MB, 5005x2473)
3.56 MB
3.56 MB JPG
Tokyo is a fucking amazing place, stayed in Kabukicho (Yakuzafag here, took a lot of pics and videos and recreated them in the game) for two weeks (did visited other parts of Japan) and, I can tell from experience that you just want to program 1~2 activities per day, you'll find enought shit to fill the rest of the day easily. The transportation is retardedly good, with trains running every 2~5 minutes, everything is clean and nice (except the tiny allyways inbetween buildings) and in most plces you can walk 10 minutes away from the skyscrappers and you'll end in nice and quiet neighborhoods with mostly empty temples and parks.
Of course, if you're a weeaboo or gamer is fucking paradise, I strogly recommend a very unknown (for tourists, at least) otaku place, the 2nd floor of Nakano Broadway has a shitload of 2nd hand stores.
I can't wait to go back, thos time with my parents, I have planned taking them to Odaiba in the Yurikamome line and in the afternoon, taking a water bus to see the skyline from the sea, go upriver untill getting to Skytree Tower and watch the sunset from it's top deck.
Sorry for the blogpost.
>>
I'm from an affluent american family and I can tell you there is no place I love more than tokyo. You can get all the cheap products there if that's your thing and you want to budget. You can also get high end domestic products and crafts made by Japanese people if you want too. The kicker is either way you are able to exploit people that suffering and unlike developing countries you can witness this in Tokyo while staying safe and clean. You can basically just watch people like rats scurry with a vacant look in their eyes, like they know this is all there is. I don't even know what keeps them going, maybe just that little bit of flavor from the cheap ramen they slurp down on their lunch break? You can go to some of the areas around Shibuya and act like an aimless tourist by blocking their path as they literally sprint to catch a subway or something. It's not like New York or London where they will confront you, they are much to passive. I don't know why but I just kind of got off on the idea I was surrounded by people working their lives away and I was able to just chill out and taste test ramen and get laid the whole time.
>>
I just spent my last $800 on a plane ticket to Tokyo
what am I going to do to make enough money to get back to the US in ~90 days
>>
>>2064384
>I strogly recommend a very unknown (for tourists, at least) otaku place, the 2nd floor of Nakano Broadway has a shitload of 2nd hand stores.

I live two stops away, I can second Nakano Broadway especially if you like a bit older otaku shit
>>
>>2064435

lol have fun not getting let in without a return ticket, they'll turn you away at immigration without either a return ticket or enough money to get back
>>
>>2064489
fine, I'll buy a return ticket
are you happy?
you've ruined my dream of being stranded in glorious Nippon, struggling to earn my way back
>>
>>2052674
Honestly speaking, that picture, which I assume as your worst version of Japan, is way better than average American cities. And I still haven't mentioned Latin American shitholes yet
>>
>>2064489
Being stranded in a Japanese airport sounds comfy as fuck. Sign me in
>>
>>2064520

You'll be detained in immigration, how does that sound comfy you fucking idiot
>>
>>2064526
Free meals, clean detention room, cute immigration officer chicks, full body massage, free internet, experiencing earthquakes ever so often. Compared to Xinjiang labor camps, Auswitz and Guantanamo? Yep, peak comfy.
>>
>>2052674
if that's a japanese shithole then regular places must look pretty nice
>>
>>2064532
you are going to love it man, i was detained by immigration too and it was fucking cash, i'm also trans so i thought both immigration officers were cute
>>
File: greatertokyoarea.jpg (1.01 MB, 1879x1653)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>2050076
>>2050087
>>2063855
Here is a map for some context on how big tokyo is.
>>
>>2050072

it's infested by rootless cosmopolitans with long noses and cold hands now, it doesn't have long to last if they don't expel them.
>>
File: immigration.png (184 KB, 367x195)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
just arrived in Tokyo.

recommend places to go that are not kiked by the virus right now.

I need pussy ASAP after my quarantine ends
>>
>>2064548

Go back home you fat stinky faggot, noone wants your micropenis here
>>
>>2064548
How the fuck? I thought this was impossible right now. Only possible for ppl already living there
>>
>>2064384
It looks like a super dystopian shithole

>>2064534
You city slickers are mad in your heads, must be anime brainfog
>>
File: a11.jpg (193 KB, 828x581)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>2050108
>large european cities with good transport links
>>
File: winterfag.jpg (250 KB, 638x397)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>2058770
>lived in all sorts of cities
this is the problem, you've never been outside such shitholes
>>
>>2064613
it's possible for certain jobs, plus they've been letting in students on government scholarships from time to time

and olympics of course (this includes thousands of contractors such as random IT people and even fucking electricians)
>>
>>2054240
>>2060863
>>
>>2064666
Humans aren't birds, from the street level, it looks quite nice. Its not like you will be seeing the airplane view everyday
>>
>>2064919
>from the street level, it looks quite nice
>>
File: 20210725_194141.jpg (605 KB, 953x864)
605 KB
605 KB JPG
>>2064384
>is a fucking amazing place
>>
File: Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho.jpg (1.08 MB, 2000x1332)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
only an amerimutt retard with severe cartoon brainfog could prefere such a shithole >>2064967
>>2064971 to this bliss or any nature/wilderness
>>
>>2064666
>>2064976
>You city slickers are mad in your heads, must be anime brainfog
>amerimutt retard with severe cartoon brainfog
>brainfog
>BRAINFOGGGGG
>>
>>2064976
>y-you're an amerimutt retard!!!
>posted a picture of a lake in Idaho, USA
>>
File: fern street NJ.jpg (543 KB, 1024x683)
543 KB
543 KB JPG
>>2064967
you keep posting these pictures like they're american ghettos
I personally wouldn't live there but it's leagues better then equivalent places anywhere else in the world

>low crime
>old but well maintained
>clean, no litter or trash
>>
>>2064976
>bugs
>bugs
>more bugs
yeah, enjoy your fucking "nature" you larping citydweller
>>
>>2064967
>narrow, quiet and low traffic streets
>no litter or trash
>everything in walking distance, and better maintained transit and roads when you dont
>no zero crime, high trust community
Whats your problem? Show me what you consider a good neighborhood
>>
>>2065025
he needs trees bro, he's a chipmunk
>>
>>2065027
Take the bullet train 30 mins out and enjoy actual unspoiled nature. And another great thing about transit is you dont have to worry about parking. It seems in alot of American state parks near metro areas tend to not have any available parking on the weekends, due to the complete lack of other transportation options
>>
>>2050072
poorfag here, too bad I'll never travel to Asia (even the cheap cunts) until well into my 30s
>>
>>2062480
i mean you can, assuming you're cool with paying a $100k fine after doing 10 years of Solitary Confinement in a Max Sec Prison
>>
>>2062480
>>2062746
japanese cops go to extreme lengths to catch people for drugs. if you see weed growing in the wild there's a good chance there's a camoflaged trailcam watching it.
massive fields of it grow wild in Hokkaido and it's all collected and destroyed every year by the police, who literally have nothing better to do cuz no crime.

they treat weed as if it was worse than heroin or anything else.
first offense for a foreigner is >>2065187, and after your sentence you're permanently deported and banished from the country.

Japan's cool but it's not a country you want to risk smoking weed in, like most of Asia (which generally has similar penalties or the death penalty)
>>
>>2064613
we've been over this.
people who were already supposed to enter Japan before the virus for business or employment are still being processed, very very slowly.
they're letting in like 20 foreigners a month, but it's all on the downlow.
t.buddy literally just arrived yesterday after waiting 6~9 months for his employers to do paperwork and bribe the immigration offices.
>>
>>2062746
yeah the ice festival or w/e it's called is fucking awesome, highly recommend but if you want a hotel or anything you need to book that shit months in advance.
I never got a chance to see it cuz it was basically impossible to ask my Japanese boss for a week off in early February
>>
>>2065193
>I never got a chance to see it cuz it was basically impossible to ask my Japanese boss for a week off in early February

cuck

You don't "ask for" your vacation. You notify them that you're taking it. It's a legally entitlement.

Tell your microdick boss to gargle your balls.
>>
>>2065225
but that goes against the yamato spirit!
>>
>>2065190
>if you see weed growing in the wild there's a good chance there's a camoflaged trailcam watching it.
This is true most of the time but after this your post goes off the rails.

>first offense for a foreigner is >>2065187, and after your sentence you're permanently deported and banished from the country.
lolno, most of the time they give you a suspended sentance and deport you with a 1-5 year ban on re-entry if all you were doing is smoking it. this does involve detention and lots of bullshit so it's not cool to get caught but japan isn't like batshit insane about it like singapore is. it's about the same in any country that hasn't decriminalized it. i know japanese that've been caught smoking and basically been let off, had their pipes smashed, etc so the attitudes are more lax on locals.
if you get caight with "harder" drugs they're going to try and make you serve your sentence before being deported and your ban will be 5+ years for sure - same goes for anything related to selling/smuggling.
and they're 100% going to fuck you over for anything if you're a tard and try and score in roppongi or one of the "known areas" for that shit, like max punishments all the way down.
>>
>>2050090
I read other anons reply about research chems. That's probably true but bear in mind that Japan is fiercely anti-drug use and the law is strict. People in general will think you are a total degenerate if you do drugs. I've never been there but I'd imagine any kind of conventional drug is very hard to get and not worth the trouble. Also Japanese prisons are ITENSE and you don't want to end up one. Bear in mind now I haven't been. In terms of being able to wander around drunk; that's no problem at all. Japanese are absolute degenerate drunks and there's no cultural disapproval around being shit faced in public.
>>
File: hehim.jpg (42 KB, 861x487)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>2065360
why is there so much misperception on the japanese attitude towards drugs.
the hashtags for pretty much any novel psychedelic are dominated by japanese and germans.
they're also super into abusing pharms since they don't see legal drugs as harmful and pop benzos like it's nothing.

they're very against all the drugs their school drills into them as bad(weed, coke, heroin, meth, molly) but are pretty open to getting fucked up legally on whatever they can get their hands on. novel psyches were sold openly until 2015, shrooms sold openly until 2002. these things aren't gone they're just underground now and this "japan hates all drugs like s'pore and korea" attitude is really new and not exactly true since it used to be "lol whacky japan you can buy shrooms in the dildo shop xDDD" .

still probably a bad idea to do anything over there since the attitudes have definitely changed and they're probably ignoring locals that stocked up on JWH while it was still in shops and really going after people prepetuating shit the government would rather sweep under the rug and forget but it's unironically only a matter of time before some new trend kicks off and we're back to seeing "trippy shops" rebranded.
>>
>>2065360
>never been to Japan
>authoritatively posts wall of text in regards to Japan
kys

>>2065363
because none of these niggers have ever even been there
>>
>>2053705
Thanks for adding the exact same shit for a second time in the same thread.

Shouldn’t you be dicking down your goats or something why the fuck are you even on the internet if you live such a marvellous and homely life. Seems like cope
>>
>>2065364
>Treasure life. You mother loves you.

And what did I write that is incorrect?
>>
>>2065373
>People in general will think you are a total degenerate if you do drugs
This is incorrect, people there generally don't give a shit about drug use if you keep it to yourself and many japanese used drugs while they were still legal, look up 脱法ハーブ, read this article:
https://japan.cnet.com/article/35148993/

and poke around on research chem related hashtage on twitter. drug use is pretty common in japan they just don't flaunt it or venerate addicts as 'po 'muhfuggus who 'dindu 'nuffin and just need 'mo money 'fo dem p'og'ams like we do in the west, they ignore drug use, cops punsih users when they're caught but aren't going to insane lengths like the koreans, and addicts get thrown in the psych ward with all the other crazies. it's that simple lmao, shit's basically the same in germany and japan and germany have super similar law and culture re: drugs(which just means designer drugs are popular and drugs in general are a private thing until they're not).

>Also Japanese prisons are ITENSE and you don't want to end up one
they're military style but bubba isn't gonna rape you in the ass. they allow corporal punishment but it's gonna be cops giving you a kick in the ass not getting dogpiled by niggers. japanese prisons are way better than american ones lmao.

>any kind of conventional drug is very hard to get and not worth the trouble
this is basically the only objectively true thing you've said kek.
>>
>>2065378
I know plenty Japanese people and none use drugs or have a positive opinion of them. You are talking out your ass. But please; hold onto life. It's precious.
>>
>>2065359
>i know japanese that've been caught smoking and basically been let off
same
but if you're foreign you're fucked.
they only have 1 prison in japan that caters to foreigners, and that's the max sec one.
if you're Jap and caught with weed you get a slap on the wrist, plus losing your job, social life and everything.
if you're foreign you lose that plus all the other shit.
dont try to downplay the drug charge penalties in Japan for foreigners.
fucking mate of mine got drunk and broke a guy's windscreen wiper and nearly spent 5 years in jail (max sec solitary confinement) for it.
got off on a private settlement of $15k
lost his job
lost his house
community fucking ousted him.
even once he moved to another city, someone caught wind of his history and he was ousted again.
Even if you steal a ballpoint pen in Japan your life is fucking fucked.
>>
>>2065403
>none of the people i know think highly of it
>this means all 125 million people have the same opinions
Not talking out of my ass, you're a non-resident westerner so your opinion is ill-informed, and it's very likely you met the people you know after Japan's attitudes towards quasi-legal drugs shifted. It's not an open culture like muttmerica where everyone takes pride in their vices. vices exist, but they're vices and kept behind closed doors and you're fugged if you make that door even a little open.

>>2065415
i'm not downplaying shit, you're fucked as a foreigner, doubly so as a non-resident if you get caught doing basically anything illegal, drugs are illegal therefore you're fucked if you do them.
i'm saying it's not full nightmare shit like south korea where cops launch massive investigations over simple posession and are really proactive about rooting drugs out of society. in japan simple posession = interrogation, they try to find your dealer to nail him, and you go to jail.

i compared it to germany because neither country fucks around with drugs despite there being somewhat of a 'scene' there. i just think this attitude some people have where they think japan is turbo-puritan and there aren't stoners floating around is retarded.
>>
After watching a shitton of walking videos in Tokyo I have a question regarding the multiple girls in maid cosplay handing out flyers on the street: what do they say?
>>
>>2065415
>fucking mate of mine got drunk and broke a guy's windscreen wiper and nearly spent 5 years in jail (max sec solitary confinement) for it.
the absolute state of nippon
>>
>>2065440
He is larping m8
>>
>>2065441
no bro, I was too lazy to throw a bottle in the trash can one time and got 20 years and a 300k fine
>>
File: quentin.png (29 KB, 145x159)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>2065442
i got executed for public urination in the summer of 1977
of course their thin ropes could not shatter my girthy american neck though, we are truly the superior species
>>
>>2065444
kek, imagine trying to hang a 300 pound war machine
>>
>>2065433
>irasshaimaseeee
>>
>>2052675
I don't I hate tranny degenerates
>>
>>2058433
This looks sick

>>2058709
An example of the anti-social retards another anon mentioned
>>
>>2064391
You can smell the cheeto dust, this person literally gets off to just standing in a busy place while others ignore him lol
>>
Imagine doing a bike trek of tokyo. Couple weeks, covering 120KM a day just checking out spots, enjoying the society, stopping at parks and ending the day on a couple strong zeros
>>
>>2053667
anon look at the picture again, she's not standing in the lake (I think)
>>
>>2066024
On second thought, she is definitely not standing in the lake, though it looked that way at first. Excuse my autism.
>>
>>2066022
why the fuck do you think anyone cares about your fantasies
>>
>>2066026
I'll get it done before you make off your continent I promise you that
>>
File: IMG_7741.jpg (415 KB, 1187x1187)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
To nature faggots. Yes this is tokyo. Kagurazaka slums to be exact.
>>
File: IMG_7742.jpg (503 KB, 1388x1388)
503 KB
503 KB JPG
>>2066032
Yet less than 30min walk away, you can find Koishikawa Botanical Garden
>>
File: IMG_7743.jpg (325 KB, 815x815)
325 KB
325 KB JPG
>>2066033
If you invest in a bicycle, you can reach Shinjuku Gyoen just 15min away.
>>
File: IMG_7744.jpg (136 KB, 1063x1063)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>2066034
And if you ride a train, a full blown authentic nature reserve around Lake Sayama, 1 hour train ride away. All of these within Tokyo Metropolitan Area.
>>
Same can be said to most major cities around the world. If you just get the fuck out of your basement and see the world, you won't be as clueless as this. Dumbfucks.
>>
>>2058871
If you're a cringe coomer kill yourself
>>
>>2065360
What are Japanese prisons like? Sounds kino desu senpai
>>
Many first-time visitors to Japan are often surprised to learn that, as one of the world’s most advanced industrialized nations, this relatively small Asian country also boasts a rich and fascinating history that dates back thousands of years.
>>
>>2066032
That's a slum? It looks fucking amazing. Americunt and Brazilian slums have nothing on this.
>>
>JAPANESE slums
>>
Wait till you see Japanese FAVELAS. Oh wait, those have been burned to the ground by US bombings during WW2
>>
>>2063855
fellow scotbro?
>>
>>2066254
hell yea brother
>>
>>2066254
>>2066272
>Scotland
>country
Hahaha keep larping
>>
>>2054332
Last time I went there I saw flips teaching English at Tokyo Uni.
>>
>>2066764
>Last time I went there I saw flips teaching English at Tokyo Uni.
So, you were just living some sort of weeb fever fantasy and walking around the Tokyo University campus and saw a few brown people?
>>
>>2066032
>Kagurazaka
>Slums
Nice bait, retard.
>>
>>2066035
It takes a little over an hour to ride a bike there from west Tokyo. Really chill back behind the lake and some good mtn biking trails.
>>
>>2050072
>Play EDF
>Always destroyed as much of the cityscape as possible
>It just goes on forever beyond the level border
>"Haha cool"
>It's fucking real
Dang.
>>
>>2066790
Compared to the rest of the surrounding neighborhoods (Roppongi, for example), yes it is a slum-like neighborhood. Full of flips, niggers, and yakuza-Cletuses from Kansai
>>
>>2066849
Roppongi isn't near Kagurazaka, you fucking retard, nor is it filled with the types you mentioned. Nice try.
>>
>>2067200
5km apart is pretty near, fatass.
>>
>>2066849
>Kagurazaka:Full of flips, niggers, and yakuza-Cletuses from Kansai
>Roppongi: A much nicer area
Kys
>>
>>2064384
>Tokyo is a fucking amazing place, stayed in Kabukicho (Yakuzafag here, took a lot of pics and videos and recreated them in the game) for two weeks
Based Yakuzabro
I've been into the series since 2011 and I'm finally planning on a trip to Japan next year and walking around Kabukicho for a day is one of the highest priorities on my list.

So far my checklist looks like this;
- Walk around and take pics in Kabukicho
- See a boxing match in Korakuen hall (Huge hardcore Boxing fan and also a Hajime no Ippo/Ashita no Joe fan)
- Visit arcades, but especially try and track down an arcade with a bunch of 90's games

I assume you stayed in what was the equivalent Kamurocho's hotel district?
What other activities did you regularly fill your time with? I know just walking around and doing some urban exploring is up there for me.
>>
>>2064544
fuck that
>>
File: IMG_1963.jpg (861 KB, 2048x1365)
861 KB
861 KB JPG
Tokyo is amazing and I wish I was there for a week longer, but I also wish I was in kyoto for 5 days longer. Japan isn't overrated trust me and I hype it up
>>2067387
Been to Korakuen and it's awesome, you'll love it senpai.
>>
>>2050236
fuck that shit. Why doesn't it happens to me, that would be fun, I'd pay him some drink immediately.

Here's my story :

> visit Japan with my gf
> come back to Tokyo from Shizuoka
> quite late, feeling hungry
> we go to a place at the 11th floor of a building
> chill with gf, enjoy the view, eat and drink a shiton of beer
> 2 guys sits near me
> compliment how good I am with my chopsticks
> we start chatting
> starts to talk to me about his boyfriend in Hiroshima
> Idontlikewhereitsgetting.jpg
> he starts to flirt with me, while the other guy stares at me
> I turn my head and see my gf laughing
>mfw

And 1st time I went to japan with a bunch of friends I had a similar experience.
> go to some pub
> get a lot of drinks
> 2 random guys drunk come to us
> starts chatting with us
> their english is shit
> they invite us to an onsen so they can see us nude
> mfw

Japan is the country of gay stories
>>
>>2067424
You sound gayer than the men in your stories
>>
>>2064544
Chiba is a Tokyo now?
>>
>>2067315
Cope
>>
>>2061700
I want to move to Hokkaido and ride around on a motorcycle and solo camp

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.