[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 64 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I’m almost 30. I am a home boy for the most part. But, I’ve traveled to a few countries and those are when I felt most happiest. Except for Thailand which I regret going to. I loved Iceland.

I just feel sad right now. I have almost $600k in my retirement accounts. I make almost $150k and $50k go to taxes. I have like $10k expenses so I can save up $90k a year. In order to get a retired income of $40,000 for the rest of my life, assuming 4% yearly gains, I need to have $1 million dollars. This means I need to work for at least four more years so I will be 34. This is assuming no additional expenses (I.e no gf or marriage).

What a fucking miserable existence. I think I could get a second remote job to earn $300k where $100k will go to taxes and $200k to savings, but god damn could I really do that for two years?

Maybe I don’t actually need $40k a year? If I’m ok with $20k a year, I could retire today. Problem is, is where? I can’t even travel right now and even if I could, the stuff that I’d want to experience like mom and pop restaurants with passed down family recipes that lasted generations would be completely unavailable to me. It’s a gun to my head. I read and work out. Still…

How the fuck do you guys cope with becoming old and with only a small amount of travel experience? I haven’t even been in a relationship yet. I feel fine alone but lately I’ve had the desire to just impregnate someone who I fall in love with and make a large family so now I’m fighting that urge internally too.

What the fuck? Can anyone relate? I want to experience traveling again but I’m afraid, anxious, and sad that I can’t exist anywhere without money. I dream of traveling to a country side and a woman takes me in and we become lovers forever. I know it won’t happen but I often struggle with my romantic view of life with the pessimistic one.

I have no idea what advice to ask for. Maybe I’d just like to hear about similar stories. :(
>>
You fucking anything these days laddie?
>>
>I’m almost 30.

You've still got time bro. You're still young enough to stay in hostels and go to clubs and hook up with girls. Don't wait too much longer tho
>>
>>2005778
Kek

>>2005777
Why do millennials all feel the desperate need to compare to strangers to validate themselves and feel happy?
You’re a miserable lot.
Maybe in that is the answer you need
>>
>>2005778
I’m a virgin. Not disappointed or proud of it- I don’t really measure my self worth on it.

I know getting laid would help, but I don’t want to do it with a random. I know I’ll feel empty inside and will regret it.

And I’ve tried dating apps, but I’ve met some crazy women or people with silly expectations and just decided to temporarily go my own way. I live near nyc if that helps. I think if I were to take dating seriously again, it would not be in the US at all since I just don’t like the mindset here. I don’t like existing here. I wish I were somewhere else. My problems would still exist, but at least I will have actual problems I could tackle like learning a new language, figuring out places to visit, learning about history, etc instead of abstract concepts that I keep trying to solve rent free in my head like how to raise my children without public education, the deconstruction of multi generational family households, and more societal shit.
>>
>>2005785
>stay in hostels and go to clubs and hook up with girls
I don’t want to do those things though. I mean yes, stay in hostels etc and meet people. But, the way you described it sounds like some sex tour thing and I’m not interested in that. I just wanna visit places and experience the food and cool sites and read about them.

>>2005786
>compare to strangers to validate themselves and feel happy
I wasn’t comparing myself to anyone though. I am just saying it sucks having to choose between living young and poor vs living older and richer. I can’t see myself working past 40 - that’s the hard limit I set for myself and I’ve been slowly decreasing it since I don’t like it here at all. I’d like to leave now but can’t due to covid. And even if covid wasn’t happening, I’d have to decide to remove these golden cuffs because I could never earn this money anywhere outside of the US.
>>
>>2005793
Do I really have to ask you to publicly explain your value system?
>>
>>2005795
I don’t think I could explain it without having to write a multi page essay. It’s just impossible since there’s so many conflicting things. I know I will seem dramatic, but if an invention to share each other’s minds came to be, I’d think it would change the world as we know it. Sorry for the cop out, but I can’t bring myself to write this essay today. I just can’t.
>>
>>2005777
jesus christ blog post
>>
>>2005816
yeah this thread is fucking horseshit. OP obviously has much bigger problems than his money.
>>
>>2005777
Summarize your post into 3 lines of greentext
>>
>>2005777
i'm the same age and spent all my money traveling, I have never made nearly as much as you and have no retirement savings, but I went on extended jaunts through places where i actually learned the languages and embedded myself in local people's lives.

What did you do in these places you went to when you were "the happiest"? Thailand, Iceland brief vacations don't sound very interesting to me.

At the end of the day everyone has their values and priorities. I say cut and run with what you got if that's what you want
>>
>>2005777
I was several years older than you when I lost everything and left my home country. At the time I didn’t think I had any choice and it was a nightmare, but looking back it was the best decision of my life (and not just because it saved my life). Since then I have found and lost love a few times, found what I think is the woman of my dreams, and started a family. It doesn’t take long for these things to happen to an expat, wherever you end up.

My two pieces of advice are to never think you are too old to do something, and always take care of your health and body. You might lose everything but except in the realm of science fiction you will always have your body. A fit and healthy body can help bounce back from adversity and soften hard times. It’s more valuable than all the wealth and luxuries you have ever had. Don’t ever allow yourself to become comfortable or distracted enough to let your body go to ruin.
>>
>>2005777
> I make $150k annually
> I have $600k in savings
Fuck you
>>
>>2005777
a good start would be to stop going on about money so much. jesus fuck nobody cares.
also you're 30 and you sound like a child. and 30 isn't "old". fucks sake anon.
>>
Is Chainlink worth it?
>>
Importing a Philippina/Thai cumslut would do wonders for your life.

Can't be a cheap faggot. Should be able to do it for < $20K/year. What's the point of money if you're gonna be a miserable prick all the time?
>>
The kind of guy that posts some shit like this is the same sort of guy that marries a fat chick and she stencils "Live, Laugh, Love" above their bed.

Holy fuck, OP. That's some serious sacharine...
>>
>>2005819
>learned the languages
This is something I’m working on at the moment. I’m slowly trying to learn the basics of a few languages.

>embedded myself in local people's lives.
Do you ever feel guilty about leaving them? I know it’s just life - but I’ve once read that orphanages stopped taking short term volunteers because children would get very sad and depressed when people would come and go to the point where they become detached since they don’t have someone stable. We’re adults, but I know it still has to hurt

>brief vacations don't sound very interesting to me.
Yea, I’ve not had the chance (or gave myself the chance) to do extended traveling before. I really want to do it.

>>2005822
Thank you so much for sharing. I’ve let go and tried to recover many times, but I am making real progress now so what you said really speaks to me. I am disappointed at myself sometimes for not magically having the willpower to better myself physically but I’m grateful that I can do it now rather than never. Reading Greek philosophy really makes me feel more motivated and at peace with the physical world and it just feels great to be done with a workout. Every time I finish one, I wonder why I stopped in the first place. Again, thank you.

>>2005824
Sorry, I seem a privileged asshole but money doesn’t solve all your issues. Or else I wouldn’t be here crying and writing blog posts.

>>2005833
I was just trying to stress what I was doing with my early life instead of traveling. I would never mention how much I make in real life. This is an anon site. Speaking to you guys is a way to get everything off my chest.

>>2005840
I do not speculate crypto.

>>2005848
Aren’t they completely brain dead though? Unless you spent some time looking for someone with actual interests?

>>2005850
Nope. I’m ok with being single for the rest of my life. I’d rather kill myself than marry a fat woman. I’ve gone my own way. I’m just struggling with my base desire to progress the right now.
>>
>>2005919
>progress
Procreate*
>>
File: rodrigo.jpg (112 KB, 1080x1080)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>2005777
>This means I need to work for at least four more years so I will be 34.

asumming youre not just trying to flex on /trv/ like 90% of threads here

how fucking ugly do you have to be right now that becoming 4 more years older from 29 instantly makes you unfuckable ugly?

I mean the real reason us guys are afraid of aging is fear of not getting pussy as easy, but come on OP dont be such a faggot , there are plenty of handsome 40 year old men who still fuck 18 year old girls

pic related the dude is 40
>>
>>2005793
>I don’t want to do those things though. I mean yes, stay in hostels etc and meet people. But, the way you described it sounds like some sex tour thing and I’m not interested in that. I just wanna visit places and experience the food and cool sites and read about them.

then why is being young and traveling so important to you? you can literally do all this at 35 years old
>>
>>2005777
>muh money
>>muh money
>muh interest rate
>muh savings account
>Jesus muh existence is miserable

Yes you fucking kike, into the oven you go.
>>
>>2005930
I’m not worried about my looks. Never anywhere did I say that. I’m just disappointed that I’ll have to work a few more years doing something I don’t enjoy. I don’t hate it, but it gets to you.

I honestly think the biggest problem is staying cooped up. If I spend most of my time inside, I will naturally see less people. Once most people are vaccinated, I’m going to make an effort to involve myself with other people. I’ve tried this before but gave up since I couldn’t figure out what groups to join since the groups I actually wanted to join didn’t exist. But, now I think it doesn’t actually matter. I’ll just show up to something and ask questions - I’m a curious person after all. I’ll see where it goes from there.
>>
>>2005931
Yea, I guess I’m just spazzing out on having to work a few more years. I just want the world to open up again so I can at least take some short vacations again. Just to reignite some hope and passion for my long term travel dreams again.
>>
>>2005777
>I’m almost 30.
30 is nothing.
If you eat healthy and exercise you can do adventure travelling when you´re 50.
I´m 31 and living the life of my life. To be honest I feel I only grew up around 28.

I`m not nearly as well of as you are though. 25k€ in stocks and 50k€ paid off from mortage. On the other hand I`ve a wife who I`ve been together with for 14 years and a 1 year old baby girl and I`ve travelled abroad at least once a year.

For me the moment my baby was born it really hit that she was what my life was missing. Her smiles and laughter and happiness are my main purpose now.
>>
>>2005803
Remember that the ones circled in red bring you true happiness, others only bring you security and false sense of self worth.
>>
>>2005777
Jesus christ, you're not even 30. The obsession with extreme youth common with westerners today is really weird and delusional. Stupid victims of Hollywood garbage. Its not reality retard
>>
>>2005935
An extra four of years of working is a small sacrifice to enjoy the rest of your life travelling.

34 is nowhere as bad as people make it out to be. As long as you take care of yourselves your 30s can be just as good as your 20s.

Be thankful for your situation too, not many people have the opportunity to retire at 34 or earn 150k.
>>
>>2005785
Spot on, man is still quite young until 35, a man starts getting old after 35 both physically/biologically and mentally.
>>
>>2005777
OP, relax dude, don't get so worked up. Man is still quite young until he is 35, Man starts getting old both physically/biologically and mentally after 35. HGH and physical strength of Men starts declining after 35.
>>
>>2005777
Same boat here. I'm 16 years old, make 500k a year as a surgeon living in North Vancouver with 2.3M in assets which have a positive cashflow of 150k/yr but I just like living out of a backpack and doing my own thing, you know? Sometimes I feel so lost in life and I just need to unwind but I'm almost 18 and freaking out about what to do in life. Its nice knowing there's other people like me out there, thanks OP.

Also I'm BIPOCGT+ furry level 5 if you're interested in scritching?
>>
I work remotely, thus career is doing fine and travel is also happening
>>
File: 1592662782704.png (535 KB, 1000x946)
535 KB
535 KB PNG
>>2005930
>I mean the real reason us guys are afraid of aging is fear of not getting pussy as easy

You're right
>>
>>2005803
What's that diagram meant to represent?
>>
>>2006001
>>2005777
That’s nothing!
I’m still sperm and I make $500,000 a minute.
I’m a real catch, especially as I’m carrying HIV.
My biggest problem in life is having no eyes so I don’t know if I’m swimming around a scrotum, or up a poofters bottom.
Any advice please anons?
>>
>>2005777
Please neck yourself
>oh no I have to work for FOUR MORE YEARS TO RETIRE FOREVER WITG 40k.

Fuck you, you dorkus faggot
>>
>>2005944
If you're both white, make more babies pls.
>>
>>2005987
This. 90% of aging well is diet and skincare.
>>
>>2005777
> In order to get a retired income of $40,000 for the rest of my life, assuming 4% yearly gains, I need to have $1 million dollars.
You're falling for the index tracker meme. Use some of that cash to invest is rental properties, some in an index tracker, some in dividend yielding stocks and around 20-30k just to punt on penny stocks that look good. The FIRE community is ironically absolutely fucking terrible at giving advice to retire early.
>>
>>2006145
Cringe
>>
>>2006145
Back to /pol/
>>
>>2005944
>To be honest I feel I only grew up around 28.
same here anon. that was also about the time i got a job involving a lot of travel. i haven't stopped since then. i grew up dirt poor so i never had the chance to do a lot of stuff. now i don't plan to stop until they carry me off the plane in a box.
>>
>>2005777
>Except for Thailand which I regret going to
What did you catch?
>>
>later aged

What the fuck does that mean? Just say old you faggot
>>
>>2006145
based

>>2006160
>>2006239
cringe
>>
>>2005777
>In order to get a retired income of $40,000 for the rest of my life, assuming 4% yearly gains, I need to have $1 million dollars.
And get buried with the rest of the money? What do you want to do with the fucking million that's gonna rot in your bank account? Give it to the state?

Just burn through it if you don't have kids. Also 30k is enough to live like a literal king in most parts of the world.
>What a fucking miserable existence.
It isn't. You just make your own life miserable
>>
>>2005777
>Except for Thailand
Absolute cocksucker dorkus faggot located.
>muh avoid Thailand
Motherfuck you faggot.
>I have all this money and I’m just gonna keep being a fucking loser
Good.
>>
>>2006145
We are. We will. At least the first kid had blue eyes and blonde hair.
>>
>>2005833
this
>>
>>2006156
Rental properties involve humans and physical assets. Doing 100% stock market is easier to deal with. Also,4% with 1 million at 40k is basically guaranteed with even the most lowest risk investments which is why they bring it up. You are a fucking retard bringing up active investment in penny stocks and shit. That’s not what this is about.
>>
>>2006282
He is a virgin so nothing. Probably hated the touts etc.
>>
>>2006365
>Rental properties involve humans and physical assets.
This is what letting agents are for.
>Doing 100% stock market is easier to deal with
You can also leverage your money by 400-600% with property. If you re-invest profit into more (and then qualify for credit facilities) the growth rate of both income and total wealth are exponentially above stock market returns.
>Also,4% with 1 million at 40k is basically guaranteed with even the most lowest risk investments which is why they bring it up.
Yeah - but it's also pretty much all the FIRE crowd aspire to. "Just live off beans for 47 years and put your money in vanguard then you'll have enough to live in a tree in a Cambodia". It's poor wealth management.
>You are a fucking retard bringing up active investment in penny stocks and shit. That’s not what this is about.
Making money is what it's about and you can throw a small amount around on a 212 account as and when. I'm up nearly 300k since December on OCGN.
>>
>>2005919
>Or else I wouldn’t be here crying and writing blog posts.
Dude, some of us are your age and barely have a job let alone savings. Best case scenario, we will work until we die and will be lucky if we leave our hometown. Now, money won’t suddenly make you happy or something but if you don’t use what money you do have to do what you want to do with it then that is 100% on you and I reserve every right to say “fuck you” because of it.
>>
>>2005777
>I make almost $150k and $50k go to taxes. I have like $10k expenses so I can save up $90k a year.
What do you do and where do you live? Even if you're with parents I've never heard of anyone getting by on 10k anywhere that pays 150k salaries.
>>
>>2005840
The only use for cryptos was buying exotic hallucinogens on silk road & dream and it as priced in when bitcoins were around $300. The whole thing is now just people hoping that somebody else will be willing to pay more on the basis that somebody else will be willing to pay more.
Using cheap, readily available credit productively is a much better hedge against inflation because that's the entire point of QE.
>>
>>2006443
>Just live off beans for 47 years and put your money in vanguard then you'll have enough to live in a tree in a Cambodia". It's poor wealth management.

You are such a delusional faggot. You can live an exceptional quality of life in Thailand for 40k a year. I couldn’t spend 40K a year if I tried, unless I fucked hookers everyday. I cannot believe how gay Americans are thinking it’s “rice and beans.” Never having to work again is sufficient as a goal.

You cocksuckers think it’s gotta be a penthouse in manhattan or something. Fuck off
>>
yikes, "men" making that much money are this feeble? I thought when ppl reached my late 20s they're adults and have mostly everything figured out
>>
>>2005787
>but I’ve met some crazy women or people with silly expectations
examples?

just want to compare your tinder ladies to mine. I swooped chinese girls for a while and 2/3 of them mentioned serious daddy issues. (holding knifes towards them, hiring hitmen back in china to beat the) Shits fucked. I'm gonna try western girls again. They're way more chill.
>>
>>2005777
Fact of the matter is you won't do shit, you could had taken multiple trips to third world with just a few bucks and travel deals, your job probably has good vacation time so you could spend a few weeks abroad for less than few K's every year, nothing significant to affect your retirement. The thing is, you will never be happy, all you want is money.
>>
>>2006160
>>2006239
dilate

>>2006289
>>2006353
very based
>>
>>2005944
Thank you. I hope I’ll get there one day.

>>2005949
I hadn’t thought to separate it like that. Thank you for pointing it out - it does make a lot of sense given my situation now.

>>2005987
Yea, after reading the replies here, I realize I’m just being a spoiled child. I still don’t like the idea of working longer so I will try to get the second remote job. It’ll at least help me become more efficient and give me more experience to do possibly consultancy in the future should I ever need it.

>>2006000
Thanks. I’ll try to focus on physical strength. I feel so nice when I do it and it would be a shame for me to get old without attempting to reach peak strength at least once.

>>2006001
>>2006125
Very funny guys lol

>>2006003
Yea I’m remote as well. But, isn’t pretty much everything shut down? I don’t want to simply live overseas though that’s still quite exciting but I mean I don’t want to lockdown doing nothing overseas. How is it for you?

>>2006156
>>2006365
>>2006443
>>2006464
>>2006505
I avoid real estate. I personally despise real estate investors - it’s a personal value thing for me. For crypto, I’m just not interested in speculation since I’ve only heard that it’ll keep going up and that it’s a good investment from normies. No thanks - I’d rather pick a relatively safe high risk mutual fund from Vanguard instead.

And yea, $40k in most countries is quite comfortable. Very comfortable. Also one thing people don’t get about the 1% rule is that it keeps your $1 million always. The 4% is just dividends and profits. You can easily spend more money if you want and it will just eat up your base amount of 1 million so you’re free to go on binge spending if you’re ok with a smaller yearly income which is fine especially if you’re getting older and don’t want to leave it behind for anyone. I don’t know why people don’t understand this.
>>
>>2006458
Tristate area. I share an apt with friends and pay less than $500 a month so like almost $6000 a month for rent and $4000-$5000 for food and everything else.

>>2006540
Chinese girls in China or the US? Anyways a lot of the women in the US are so skeptical of you - you’re an absolute degenerate criminal and you need to prove to them that you aren’t through what basically is an extremely boring interview as the first few dates. So many of them were like this. I hit it off really well with this one woman and I thought wow finally someone that doesn’t think I’m a rapist who’s trying to use them for sex. But nope - a week into dating she gets suspicious and thinks I’m married and trying to turn her into a side chick. Btw, I’m a virgin and have never spun plates in my life. Some other chick was like no physical contact until we get married and told me I’m trash and that my sister is a whore when I said I can’t do that and we should go our own way. Other chicks keep fucking up our dates by changing restaurants and coffee places at the last minute which causes us to go to some shitty place where you can hardly understand each other then they say it’s not gonna work out cause they didn’t feel a “spark”. Fuck off. So I just stopped looking.

>>2006535
You mean normies who buy an overpriced house with a large mortgage, a new car with terrible apr, a wife that will divorce him in 10 yrs and rape him for 50% and take the kids? The kind that travel maybe once a year and work a job they hate? Damn bro they really figured it out huh. Good on them :)

>>2006566
I explained I do go on vacations. I just can’t go on anything now cause of lockdowns…

>>2006452
Yea, I was sort of in a bad place when I posted this. I don’t really have anyone to talk about these things. To me friends, I’m their therapist but they are incapable of giving any real advice. I’ve tried multiple times with them.
>>
>>2006124
Schwartz theory of basic values

The pic is a more detailed version of the one here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_Basic_Human_Values
>>
>>2006600
>Chinese girls in China or ...
in the US. they're all pretty fucked.
one had a mom that was a huge bitch and told her she wished she was never born.
one held a knife to her dad - got talking about self defense and how easy it is for a man to grab a women's wrist when holding a knife and make them drop it by squozing.
one hired a hitman, through her criminal uncle, to get her adulterous father and his mistress. put them both in the hospital. might have gotten the mistress raped. when I asked, she didnt answer that directly.
Never travel with a batshit crazy chinese woman back to the mainland is what I tell my friends.
>>
>>2006608
Damn that’s some crazy shit. I had a Chinese friend and she went a bit loco in college - overcontrolling and guilt tripping her bf that was my roommate. Shit like telling him that his gifts weren’t good enough and asking him if that’s all he’s got whenever he makes an effort at stuff. Nothing would satisfy her.

I’m actually learning Mandarin with a few other languages right now because China is one of the countries I’d like to visit. I don’t think actual mainlanders would be crazy like that, right? Seems mostly like oversea Chinese women…
>>
>>2006619
not sure, but that's where they've all been coming from initially. also, when I was actually in china, I didn't pursue any women. was too young and busy on a trip. a lot approached me in public though. I'm also learning mandarin. would like to go back. china is dope.

what other languages are you learning?
>>
File: back to pol.jpg (136 KB, 546x700)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>2006289
>>2006571
>>
>>2006635
I’m learning Chinese Mandarin, Russian, and Urdu. I figured this would maximize usefulness since these languages cover so many countries in Asia and Eastern Europe. They’re also very interesting languages so I’m having a good time learning. I plan on joining some online language learning communities to practice with once I have a very basic understanding because I know just learning in my own isn’t going to work.

And thanks for talking about your China experience- you simply turned them all down? When anyone starts speaking with you, can you guys actually communicate or is it like slowly saying a few words at a time? I was in Shanghai international airport and pretty much zero workers there spoke any English and I had to use a translation app. That experience really solidified in me that I should make a genuine effort to learn the language. So here I am. Thankfully there’s a lot of learning materials.
>>
>>2006505
And when Asia begins to close the middle income gap you're moving to what, Africa?
>>
>>2007051
African countries are often MORE expensive than SEA. What I mean is, living a '1st world' type lifestyle is cheaper in Thailand or the Philippines than it is in Guinea or DR Congo.
>>
>>2006600
> I don’t really have anyone to talk about these things. To me friends, I’m their therapist but they are incapable of giving any real advice. I’ve tried multiple times with them.

That's the worst.
>>
File: getaload.jpg (34 KB, 500x500)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>2005777
>30
>600k saved
>makes 200k
>4% interest

This may just have been the most autistic post I have ever read.

What do you do for a living that you make this money while being such an autist? Where do you get 4%? Also can you not see the writing on the wall that fiat is going to lose much of its value due to hyperinflation in the coming years or even months?
>>
>>2007227
4% is guaranteed no matter what. Usually the market does even better.
>>
>>2005777
I think you need a purpose. It’s sort of depressing being at the top, I know the feeling I make six times what u make and I’m 23, and not really sure what to do.

My purpose turned out to be spirituality, teaching people to make money, and other positive things. There’s a lot of fake gurus out there so I considered making a fund that goes straight to people who got scammed out of money by them
>>
>>2005777
nice digits
as a soon to be 30yr old in a few years, tips on making that kind of money? I want to be set up safe like you and then be able to take care of my family and friends
>>
Go travel and if you eventually wanna work again you can its not like you have to travel forever and retire permanently or keep working forever you can take a break and chill out
>>
>>2007699
Nice bait. Also instead of your fund, just tell them to look at mutual funds like vanguard has.

>>2007871
Software engineering - specifically frontend/web/JavaScript/react. You can do backend development but honestly that’s too boring for me and I like the interactive visual aspect of frontend work. Good js/ts software engineers are in extreme demand. Notice I said good - the market is a bit saturated with people who don’t know what they’re doing so interviewing has gotten harder for juniors. I’m a senior so I don’t have to worry about this anymore, but just a heads up that you will need to actively study and keep on applying despite never hearing back from a lot of companies or being given ridiculous hard problems that have nothing to do with day to day development. They’re just trying to filter out people since everyone has been told to get into software to make money but they don’t realize it’s a technical job and you need to get work done. Let me know if you need help getting started. Tell me about your current experience working with computers and programming so i can recommend the right books for your level.

>>2007948
Yea, you’re right. I’m just being stubborn to myself. The idea of losing out on the money bothers me so I was thinking I’d work remotely. Only thing that’s messy is time zones so maybe it’s not a good idea.
>>
>>2007227
4% is going by 4% rule (can withdraw 4% of investments). Works (and usually ends up growing initial investment) around 85% with historical data
>>
I'm 24 and in a couple years I'm going to be going the DN route after I hit my coastfire number. I freelance occasionally and have supported myself on it previously. Hoping to DN and max out my roth ira every year.
>>
File: 1619418068324.jpg (198 KB, 566x622)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>2005777
I feel it OP. 27 here...

Just go anywhere. People have started over much later and been happy. Figure out what doesn't work as you go. Be patient about the children thing, I know it sucks.

>>2005787
>virgin
This is weird as fuck bro. Online dating sucks yeah, but go do something. Hike the fucking PCT, join a band, go backpack the hippy trail. Your first time should be special, but it wont be the end all be all (though you'll definitely think about killing yourself when it ends)

I feel the exact same as you about society. Get moving.
>>
>>2008219
oh I'm not a programmer by any means.
Social Worker here that can be can therapist or Cop due to my schooling, and work expeirience haha. Barely any experience with coding, tried to learn but struggled to wrap my head around it, I'm not a smoothbrain but my understanding of the language felt exactly like that, a child who got sent to another country and had no idea what they were hearing haha.
I'm happy to learn though, I enjoy that process quite a bit.
>>
>>2008240
Being a virgin isn’t a problem with me. But, not being able to fit in somewhere really fucks with me. I say to myself, let’s go to this meetup to meet people that have interests like mine and I just convince myself it’s a bad idea because people are selfish and will just use you. Then I don’t go. I don’t know - I personally blame my friends for abusing me but I also blame myself for not having a spine and just passively going by. A week ago my sister told me about two women other virgin boyfriend-less women my age that want a relationship and she wanted to set me up on a date with one of them. Bro, when I saw one of the pictures of the Japanese woman, I got almost instantly motivated. I knew I couldn’t just meet her because I’m a fat fuck so I started hitting the gym and fasting to lose weight again. I’ve never even met her but I look at her picture from time to time especially when I’m working out and god damn it feels like it really helps. Even in high school, when I had a crush on a girl, I got extra good grades because I wanted to impress her or something. Even if I never meet that woman, I’ll be happy that it put me back on track to improving myself, but I’m a little sad that I couldn’t do it by myself. The thought of being in a relationship makes me happy, I daydream, and I get strongly motivated.

I want to meet people. Not just women, but men too hopefully to make some friendships that I thought I had but didn’t. But, inside me is this terrible anxiety and scared-ness. Sometimes communicating feels so robotic and like I’m just a part of a larger process and some rare moments I forget that and have a good time. I guess the thing that worries me is interacting with people that might try to take advantage of me vs genuine people. I think I understand the difference and just need to go out. I don’t know what I’m talking about. If I know what to do and understand it, then why don’t I just do it? Too used to being alone.
>>
>>2008249
I highly recommend the following book for people just getting into computing. It’s a straightforward read and explains how and what the building blocks of computers and computing concepts are. Understanding this will help you understand how computers operate and how you can tell them what to do (compared to how humans think which is radically different and why most people are super confused when starting with programming).

Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software
>>
>>2008255
>>2008249
View/download it online here:

https://github.com/muditbac/Reading/blob/master/programming/Charles%20Petzold-Code_%20The%20Hidden%20Language%20of%20Computer%20Hardware%20and%20Software-Microsoft%20Press%20(2000).pdf

Can also find it on library genesis.
>>
>>2008256
>>2008256
Thanks Anon! Much appreciated, hopefully I can pick up a good skill that will help sooner than later haha
>>
>>2008260
Slow and steady. Just read a chapter a day. At the end of the book ask yourself if you enjoyed & understood it. If the answer is yes, definitely move onto learning more advanced computer science concepts. Plenty of free online mooc courses for intro computer science courses exist now and I consider this book to be a pre introduction to those courses. :)
>>
>>2008264
oh Fantastic! I realized unless I'm working for the feds- job security is risky and even then no guarantees with how things are going, So thanks again for this!
>>
>>2005777
>How the fuck do you guys cope with becoming old

Two of the most based travellers I met were over 60. You know what is different between them and you? They weren't fucking whining babies like you. Seriously, I met a Japanese man, in Nepal, who was almost 70 going to trek Anna purna and Lang tang solo. we got off the bus at midnight, and he says in sparse english he knows the way to Thamel and I can stay with his friend,and takes off alone down an alley get to his friends place. Go to sleep. I am awoken by two sweet Nepalese beauties serving me coffee, and looking out the window on a nice little garden. Or I could have stayed with some stupid Maltese 20 year olds going to a local hostel.

Anyway no one gives a fuck. Travel or don't.
>>
>>2008251
Many people, many having friends and relationships, feel the same way about people that you feel. The fear, the anxiety, the difficulty holding conversation.
The book Bowling Alone statistically highlights the modern epidemic of loneliness. So, ironically, you're not alone in your loneliness. Many people want nothing more than to feel the joy and warmth that's felt when you share a moment together. Many people are as afraid as you are. It's okay, just get out there and try your best. You WILL meet people you relate to.
>>
>>2008370
Yea, I see your point. I was mostly whining about having to work a few more years before being able to travel. But, covid is happening anyway, so my whining is a bit pointless. I just wanted to yell in the wind, you know?

>>2008480
I realized this a long time ago but I’ve forgotten it entirely. Thanks for bringing it to the forefront of my mind. And that’s an interesting book you recommended, I just finished reading a summary and that makes so much sense to me. Why have friends and contribute to a community when you don’t have time and have access to media on tv and the internet personalized for you and made to make you feel entertained always.

>Many people want nothing more than to feel the joy and warmth that's felt when you share a moment together. Many people are as afraid as you are. It's okay, just get out there and try your best. You WILL meet people you relate to.
Thanks man. I really needed to hear this. :)
>>
>>2006619
Mainlanders are worse
>>
>>2006600
You sound like the most insufferable, whiny bitch in the world.
You've got a shiton of money in the bank and are not even that old. No real problem or health issues. You didn't come here to ask for any advice, there's no advice to give, you`re in the top 1% of the human race.
You came here because you're an insecure coward hoping someone tells you you're doing great because you don`t believe it yourself.
Stop being a brat waiting for someone to give you a magic answer to make you happy, throw yourself out there repeatedly until something sticks.
>>
>>2008891
I actually have a few medical conditions. And someone already gave me a magical answer so I wish I could mark this thread as solved :S
>>
>>2005777
>30
>aged
You are not aged, you are however a fag.
>>
>>2005944
>If you eat healthy and exercise you can do adventure travelling when you´re 50.
My father was always Chad, also athlete for his whole life. Majority of life spent outside too. He is now 68 and he is still travelling around just fine. More than me actually. Granted, it's mostly nature and historical sights for him, no clubbing or girls, but he still travels a lot. I think if you are healthy, you exercise, you can easily go until 70.
>>
>>2010039
>I think if you are healthy, you exercise, you can easily go until 70.
and beyond. people don't age like they did a few generations ago and have higher expectations of what their old age will be like. people in their 70s still want to explore and do new stuff.
someone who is 70 in 2021 was born in 1951 so they grew up in the rock and roll years, lived through the summer of love and the punk era. they don't want to stop living.
>>
>>2005777
for such a large chunk of text, literally none of it makes sense or forms any sort of narrative.
you should go into politics anon, cuz you're a fucking expert at making 10min replies that literally say nothing.
>>
>>2008251
man, start travelling and attend airbnb-courses or trips. or look for something in a town and ask people on the streets about it and directoins or whatever.
only jumping into it is going to fix it. and even better while being on a journey since its less to be scared off (those people you will never see again)
I struggle abit now also because of the isolated situation, but I lost my anexiety after exposing myself. now you can join voice chatrooms or such. just expose it.
>>
>>2010030
Aged like fine wine ;)
>>
>>2010039
>Granted, it's mostly nature and historical sights for him, no clubbing or girls

lol thats what you think buddy...who do you think all the old guys on Soi Cowboy are? That's right your Dad, telling young lads like me how he wishes his son was more like me.
>>
>some jew is magically going to give me $40k a year!
Lol do you know how often people get their money run into the ground by retards with a bachelors in finance. There is no such thing as easy money unless you are rich rich or throw money at the right shitcoin
>>
>>2011130
based, there is lucky money but no easy money.
>>
>>2011130
you sound like a typical tard who never bothered learning about investments and will keep working till he's 75
>>
>>2005787
>I live near nyc if that helps. I think if I were to take dating seriously again, it would not be in the US at all since I just don’t like the mindset here.
It does help, son. It is the city with the highest number of thirsty promiscuous single females. If you can't find a partner in NYC then the only women who will be interested in your abroad will be for your skin colour, money, green card, not for who you are.
>>
>>2008251
>and I just convince myself it’s a bad idea because people are selfish and will just use you.
You need therapy. I mean this in the nicest way possible. A professional can help you understand and overcome these limitations you set for yourself and make your life feel easier.
>>
>>2011317
lol
>>
I'm 32 and early last year was when I decided to try to stop being a loser and make friends, meet girls, travel etc. Then covid hit and ruined every single bit of my plan
>>
>>2011317

In NYC the competition is really high though. There are just so many rich, attractive guys with their shit together that women won't settle for some average dude unless they're desperate fat pink haired lefties.

I've managed a couple girls in 18 months of living here after dozens and dozens of different girls on dates. Obviously I'm a bit of a boring loser to have had such little success but I do want to make it clear that I do try.

I also feel like it's hard to make friends in general here. I mean, most of my time here has been during the coronavirus so maybe things will get easier.
>>
>>2011130
>I literally don't know what buying stocks is.
>>
>>2011499
Mutual funds all the way.
>>
>>2005785
>>2005793
im 32 i would never stay in a hostel now kek.
good job im not poor.
>>
>>2011494
lol, I dunno, I've seen skaters who wash dishes with hot women that have good careers because women out number men in NYC
>>
>>2011654
Hostels and guesthouses are great. I wouldn't stay in a dorm, it's impossible to get any sleep.
>>
>>2011666
hostels are cool if youre in your early/mid 20s and you wanna meet a buncha hippes and share a room with them. a guesthouse is cool if you have the place to yourself.
>>
>>2011668
Hostels are fine at any age, you obviously haven't been many places.
>>
>>2011676
hostels are for poor people. imagine wanting to share a room with a buncha strangers. im sorry you didn't make it, boomer.
>>
>>2011678
You know that hostels offer private rooms too, right?
>>
>>2011714
yes im sure private rooms with ensuite bathrooms is what everyone imagines when they think of hostels
>>
>>2011727
Dude, no one hangs out in the sleeping rooms/area. Everyone hangs out in the common rooms or bars. You’ve obviously never been to a hostel in your life.
>>
>>2011761

Why are you hanging out in a hostel on vacation. Go do/see some fucking shit instead of hanging out with weird german dudes.
>>
>>2011792
It’s a base to find people to do stuff with together like hikes etc. Hanging out there for like 30 min is worth it since you can find buddies who are down to do anything.

Sorry you lack any social skills.
>>
>>2011761
i didnt say everyone hangs out there. i dont give a fuck about hanging out with a buncha international hippies like you do. i give a fuck about having to sleep in a shitty ass bed in the same room as them and hearing them burp, fart and snore around me. And having to share showers/toilets with them. And be up in time for the maids to come and clean. There is also nowhere to cook your own food or work out. Its ok if youre poor, young or a normie who craves friendship groups, but otherwise hostels suck
>>
>>2011971
That’s why hostels have private rooms bro so you can get a good sleep. But, I agree with your toilets/shower scenario - lazy fucking cleaners are common.

>nowhere to cook your own food
I thought you weren’t poor, so why are you cooking your own food? Yanking your chain, but some hostels I’ve been to had a common kitchen area that included a range.
>>
>>2011992
not all hostels have private rooms, many do not and the majority of people who stay in hostels room up with strangers. those that do have private rooms are often considered a luxury and have a similar price to a hotel. the whole reason of hostels existing is because theyre cheaper than anything else. also just because im not a poorfag doesnt mean i want to eat out every night. ive been to a few hostels and none of them had a kitchen you could cook in. some pretty niche high end hostels you must go to.
>>
>>2005787
>30 yo virgin
lmao
>>
File: tradcel.webm (2.9 MB, 478x482)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB WEBM
>>2005777
If Covid has taught us anything it's that you can't plan everything. You can work for 5 more years and then find yourself in another pandamic/world war/permanent health issues.. etc that prevent you from travelling.

Take a year off and travel, fuck whores, go hiking, scuba diving, skiing, enjoy life while you can.

>I dream of traveling to a country side and a woman takes me in and we become lovers forever.
it's quite obvious that you're an incel, have sex first before dreaming about muh trad waifu
>>
>>2012146
What’s the big deal? I’m a virgin too.
>>
>>2005777
>wuuah I can ONLY RETIRE WHEN I AM 34!!!
this is bait
>>
>>2012236
Working is hell. You wouldn’t understand since you’re a soulless burger flipping wagie.
>>
>>2012207
What are you waiting for? The young love stuff is already long gone anon and don't give me the incel take please
>>
>>2012262
Tbh I just stopped caring about women. I don’t even mean that in an incel way - I just don’t want the responsibility anymore. Every time I think about getting laid I remember how much work is involved then I jack off then get back to my hobbies.
>>
>>2012289
This whole thread can be boiled down to you being a virgin

>waaah i have to work 4 years to retire waahh

In reality you arent crying about your job or even traveling when youre older youre just salty that you missed out in life already in your 20's you missed out in love/intimacy and making freinds and you think retiring will magically solve this issue but it wont in fact it will probably make it worse , you think you feel alienated right now in your home country? Well just wait till youre abroad and people smell your incel vibes a mile away
>>
>>2005777
Now you can get vaccinated in the impalers castle lol
>>
>>2012625
No, I frankly don’t care about my virginity. It has never affected me before, I’m not sure why it would just because you pointed it out. Don’t project your worst fears onto me man. This thread was just me bitching about being forced to work just to live. I know other people have it worse then me, but I frankly don’t care because it’s the same argument as “Bro there are starving children in Africa”. Bro, I don’t give a fuck about those kids in Africa or that the majority of people fucked around with their lives and work until 60 something. I don’t give a fuck - that’s your damn fault. Go fuck your self for trying to make me feel bad about hating work. Who the fuck actually enjoys work!? Are you that fucking brainwashed?

But yea man, it’s totally my virginity. I’m so insecure that I haven’t put my cock inside a woman that I walk around simping and bitching why I don’t get pussy like 90% of this board.

Can’t wait till I’m retired.
>>
>>2012633
That’s hilarious - give me blooooood!
>>
>>2012634

>i dont measure myself worth with women

Sure buddy, in reality it sucks being rejected by most women like you, even if you have a good job most girls dont find you attractive and basically are rejecting your genes from reproducing

This whole thread is one big cope man , be honest with yourself for once, working sucks when you dont have a beautiful girl to come home to that cares for you

Its no wonder why youre so miserable and depressed yet you try to convince us youre perfectly fine lol

Furthermore, youre socialy stunted if you havent even had a girlfriend this late into adulthood, you should seek help
>>
>>2012207
how old are you? If you make it to 30 as a virgin there's something very wrong with you.
>>
>>2012770
Bro, I wouldn’t mind having a woman to come home to. The thing is, I can’t think of it happening in the us. It’s too easy to get screwed over with divorce and I’ve already tried looking and pretty much no one wants kids until they’re 35. Exception is religious people and I can’t do that. I’m trying to get outta here and retirement is my stepping stone to do that.
>>
>>2012835
What's the point of saying this? Like what are you suggesting he should do to move forward?
>>
>>2012835
Lmao, how pathetic do you have to be to put down virgins just to feel better about yourself?
>>
>>2012146
>>2012835
Do you know which site you're on?
>>
>>2012852
If you cant get women to like you in your own country , then youre just going to end up with foreign gold diggers who will fuck you over. Using the but "muh divorce" and muh "no woman wants to settle" , are also copes you live in a country of 150 million women yet every single woman is the same with same intentions lol
>>
>>2012936
I’m not sure why you’re so obsessed with women on this thread. I’m just trying to leave this country and travel full time. If I meet someone in my travels, so be it but that’s not the purpose of my travels. Just because I deeply desire a trad relationship doesn’t mean I’m gonna go seek it out desperately. I’m not sure why you can’t see the difference between feeling a certain way vs acting on it.
>>
>>2012985

Not obsessed but woman and intimacy is a requirment for being healthy psychologlically , reading all your post indicate youre very far from that
>>
>>2013182
Thank you mr psychologist
>>
>>2012869
>>2012876
not putting down anyone, just have sex it's not hard
>>
>>2011666
this. late 30's here. fucking love hostels for the social atmosphere and the kitchen, but i dont do dorms anymore because it's worth paying an extra $10/night or whatever for a single room.
>>
>>2011792
>wake up
>chat to people over breakfast/coffee in the kitchen
>go out and see stuff for the day
>get back home around 4
>couple of warm-up beers around the pool table
>make a bunch of friends
>all go out to a restaurant together
>then hit some pubs and bars with new friends
>if they're shit, we all grab a 6pack each and head back to the hostel
not to mention it's much easier to get weed or pussy in a hostel.
>>
>>2005787
>30 yr old virgin
>600k networth
>went to Thailand

Sir..
>>
>>2013920
Lmao I swear I didn’t go for mongering. I went for the food and nature. Wish I did a lot more nature stuff - hated being in the cities honestly.
>>
>>2005777
You're a loser who unironically loves wageslaving. Nice fanfiction

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.