[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 133 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: miyajima-10.jpg (1.39 MB, 3318x2212)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
Previous Thread: >>1991145
Copypasta FAQ:
>Where should I stay in Tokyo?
Nowhere! Airports are closed!
>Is Hiroshima+Miyajima worth it as a day trip from Osaka/Kyoto?
Not really, it's too rushed and you should probably just stay the night there.
>How do I travel by public transportation?
Install the "Official Japan Travel App"
>"Dude what should I see in ________?"
https://www.japan-guide.com/
https://www.jnto.go.jp/
Solid general guides - sights, sample itineraries, pre-travel considerations, etc
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1fmfaySQHmojbRGKWCwRecq6Ln1Bb2Xdh&ll=35.67928012473078%2C139.68638283648374&z=12
/JPG/anon put together an autistic supermap of sights, restaurants, and shopping. Go nuts.

*Current status on travel restrictions*
>https://www.japan-guide.com/news/alerts.html

*Current status on the Miyajima Floating Torii Gate*
>Absolutely fucked. Consequently, it's not worth visiting Miyajima.

*Info on prostitution*
Japanese girls are for Japanese men only. The only thing Japanese girls will find impressive about you is your すごい高い鼻: HONK HONK.
>http://rockitreports.com/category/sex-in-tokyo/
>http://erolin.net
>http://rockitrisingsun.com
>https://paradise-tokyo.net
>http://hentaitokyo.com

*JR Pass*
Many people ask about whether or not the JR Rail Pass is worth it. It depends on your itinerary.
>http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Plug your itinerary into Hyperdia to determine ticket costs, then compare to the below JR Pass options:
>7 day Pass: 29,110¥ (approximately a Tokyo-Kyoto round-trip bullet train trip)
>14 day Pass: 46,390¥
>21 day Pass: 59,350¥

Super-easy rail pass calculator. Fill in your planned trips, get a quick yes/no response.
>https://www.japan-guide.com/railpass/
>>
File: depsair moogle.png (557 KB, 565x564)
557 KB
557 KB PNG
>Payed Matsumoto $5,000 for a Japanese wife
>Can't even see her until 2022
>>
File: 1604061139145.png (763 KB, 761x761)
763 KB
763 KB PNG
WHAT

IS

THE

STATUS?
>>
We got too cocky soapland bros...
>>
File: Ryan Goscreen.gif (47 KB, 428x424)
47 KB
47 KB GIF
>Current state of tourism: borders closed
>>
>>2003138
what happened to the last thread? Did one of the faggot jannies delete it?
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (51 KB, 512x341)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>2003150
JUST...
>>
>>2003151

w-what about tobita
>>
>>2003138
Does Tokyo have bad pollution? What about in the subways?
>>
>>2003227
bro just look up the air quality indexes for the country and figure it out yourself. Use your fucking hands and google it
>>
>>2003170
*cough* we got to cocky shinchi bros... *wheeze*
>>
>>2003154
No, the OP probably got banned somewhere else and all his posts got deleted along with it, including the thread.
>>
>>2003365
What a silly anon
>>
I saw Hitoshi Matsumoto at a konbini in Osaka yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen bentos in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bentos and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each box and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
>>2003372
and then obama clapped
>>
File: 1538743232056.png (382 KB, 1024x962)
382 KB
382 KB PNG
>Only ~1% of Japan has been vaccinated
So they are basically where most civilized countries were months ago, but since the production of the vaccine has increased a lot they will catch up pretty fast. So if US/EU travel opens up this summer (as announced) my guess is Japan will open up around november. So for me.. a Japan trip is ~14 months away, I would have fucking loved to go this summer
>>
What are the benefits, if any, of living in Tokyo as opposed to other, smaller cities as an expat? I realize that Tokyo is the capital and biggest city in Japan and it’s fun to visit but should anyone really want to live there? It’s just so damn big and pretty expensive and meanwhile, even Osaka and Yokohama are the size of some of the biggest American cities. Why do so many Westerners move to Tokyo?
>>
>>2003444
English speaking is more prevalent, it is easier for them to leave Japan from Tokyo, new trends start there, and easiest place to find work. Yokohama is close enough to Tokyo that it is reasonable. From youtube at least any expat that seems rooted in Japan lives outside Tokyo mainly.
>>
File: 1596419901717.jpg (46 KB, 600x600)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Japan starting to plan vaccine passports for international travel, per several news sources in the last several hours. No way I'm able to go back in 2021 but 2022 after the initial tourist rush is looking better and better.
>>
>>2003516
Yeah that's what I'm thinking aswell, it might open in late 2021 like was said >>2003436 but there's no way in hell I'm going during the rush, mid or late 2022 for me
>>
File: file.png (73 KB, 601x446)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>2003436
I hope they do what Uruguay did. Started last in south america, but had one of the fastest vaccination process iirc.
But no idea if possible because of geographical and total population differences.
>>
>>2003520
I think if they allowed vaccinated spectators for the Olympics then I might have considered this winter because in my mind the Olympics would have basically been the green light for tourism/travel, with restrictions if course. The fact that the Olympics are still closed to foreign spectators combined with the slower vaccination pace in Japan itself is what's making me write 2021 off, which is honestly fine to me. Due to my company's PTO/holiday setup I have to plan for Decembers anyways, so I'd rather have a very chill 2022 trip versus a very busy and crowded, weird/restrictive 2021 trip
>>
>>2003436
You are retarded. You do know that this summer the Tokyo Olympic Games start right? Traveling to a country that is hosting the olympics is the worst thing you could do. Going next summer is the best decision, even if you could go this summer.
>>
>>2003444
>Why do so many Westerners move to Tokyo?
Because they have 0 iq, its like an eurofag staying only in NYC or LA. They are too lazy to do their own research.
>>
>>2003580
Depending on your country you can get cheaper tickets just a couple of days or weeks after anon. Some countries saw Rio plane tickets drop ~65% after the olympics
>>
>>2003385
It's a copy pasta you dumb dumb
>>
What are some bad neighborhoods in Tokyo? I've been watching tons of videos and I refuse to believe everything is so clean and nice.
>>
>>2003835
I was forced to see a kuronbo with my own eyes in kabukicho, that put a damper on that night for sure. Apparently they're also around Roppongi, though I didn't visit that area so I can't personally confirm it.
>>
>>2003835
So watch a few more but add the word "slum" to it, it does exist but it's way more controlled. There's no japanese Detroit if that's what you're asking and frankly, one of the largest slums in Tokyo would probably be considered a nice area in the US. For example watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm2qypnBPNA even the largest slums are cleaner and safer than most western places, even for tourists. You can find small districts in some of these areas that are literally made up of shacks though, but even there the crime rate is very low and it's considered safe for tourists if you for some reason would want to go there
>>
You guys think the prices will dip really low again like they did last thursday/friday?
I feel like a fucking idiot not buying instantly when I saw that.
>>
>>2003894
You'd be a fucking idiot if you bought a plane ticket right now.
>b-but they said refunds and reschedulings and other good things they are good guys they mean it!
You'd still be a fucking idiot if you bought a plane ticket right now.
>>
>>2003900
It would've been for next year anon, and I would gladly """gamble""" on a fucking $250 Japan flight ticket.
>>
File: saitama.jpg (456 KB, 1080x1349)
456 KB
456 KB JPG
>>2003583
What about Saitama? That place seems pretty comfy.
>>
>>2003583
Well, it’s not quite like that though, is it? Because New York and Los Angeles are dumps but Tokyo is half decent.
>>
>>2003835
People in Tokyo will tell you that Sanya is the worst neighborhood. They are wrong though, it's actually roppongi and all the danger comes from drunk foreigners. Not that there is any danger there either, just relatively speaking.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/San%27ya

Areas in Nishinari Osaka are statistically the worst in Japan.
>>
File: 829.png (642 KB, 680x383)
642 KB
642 KB PNG
>>2003917
>Saitama
>>
>>2003444
>>2003477
That's where most of the good paying expat jobs are. Sorry we aren't all English teachers.

>>2003583
Lol, most of the people who want to live outside Tokyo are losers desperate for attention as the cool foreign expat.

>>2003917
Saitama is meh. If you're going to live in Tokyo metro but not in Tokyo, Kanagawa is better.
>>
What kind of skills are looked upon favourably regarding immigration?
>>
>>2003900
look at this mongoloid
>>
File: unknown.png (863 KB, 636x676)
863 KB
863 KB PNG
>hope for november 2021
>plan B for spring 2022
Surely one of them will happen?
>>
>>2004031
>Lol, most of the people who want to live outside Tokyo are losers desperate for attention as the cool foreign expat.
Not same anon but I disagree, Osaka and Kyoto have a fair share of foreigners that live there just for better QoL.
>>
>>2004069
Yeah I'd say November is 50 50 and spring 80%. Summer 2022 it will be 100% like 2019 imo.
>>
>>2004078
>Osaka
>better quality of life
pick one
>>
>>2003885
Already did that. Japan "slums" are better than my hood in Colombia. Now I see why everyone is so autistic about going there. Now I want too
>>
>>2004032
You will literally get a blow job from the CEO himself if you're a high-end engineer that knows both japanese and english, western europeans are sought after the most aswell because the japanese companies knows they will get quality and loyalty. Other than that obviously IT and sales. I did hear that investment banks are hiring a VAST amount of foreign workers annually but fires everyone (except the few golden boys) the next year, so if you want to stay in Japan for a year and can't find a job try going for that
>>
>>2004097
stfu kike
>>
>Japan soon to introduce vaccine passports
I don't care if they do it during the goddamn fucking Olympics, I just can't wait to get back there. There's hope my brothers
>>
Is it even remotely possible to live and work in japan as a degree-let?
Went for an apprenticeship and dont have a bachelor and they really fucking love that piece of paper over there
>>
>>2004419
I mean it is possible but I wouldnt recommend it. They really, REALLY care about that piece of paper. You would only find shit slave-like jobs.

Just get a degree dude. Major in something easy like business management or whatever, go to community college even. They dont care about the university you go to as long as you have that piece of paper. And obviously you would only be aiming for english teaching jobs.
>>
>>2004468
Do know of any way I could work as a graphic designer in japan with a finished apprenticeship in that field? Iam almost 24 and dont want to spend 4 years studying in a field I can already work in or get a meme bachelor I dont care about.
>>
>>2004472
if you know japanese its possible
but even then you'd need a different job to get into the door since they probably don't hire overseas
>>
>>2004419
Get an apprenticeship for some family ran business like candle making or something. Marry their daughter. Carry on their legacy.
>>
>>2004385
I am waiting for them to only let in people who got a specific vaccine.
>>
>>2004553
I can see them doing that too
>>
>>2004419
Become an influencer
>>
>>2004385
source? im an ALT waiting to go over, and im all vacc'd up
>>
>>2003524
I imagine due to the close relationship between the U.S., Europe, and Japan, a lot of vaccines produced in the first 2 will end up going to Japan (+ other 1st world countries like Canada & Australia) once they're done
>>
File: eoglsznijz361.jpg (57 KB, 1080x987)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>2004177
>stfu kike
>>
>>2004785
It sounds like it's not a supply issue with japan's vaccination rate, it's the fact that doctors/nurses/now dentists are the only people able to administer the vaccines plus they're letting individual prefectures handle the process themselves (and overall vaccine hesitancy, allegedly). If japan's vaccine orders are fulfilled on schedule they'll have all the doses they need long before they can actually get around to administering them.
>>
>>2004787
Where the fuck is the chin bruh
>>
>>2004944
Kikes don't have chin. All the fats and protein went to their nose
>>
>>2003904
>>2004062
See you in 6 months crying about your cancelled flight
>>
>>2003524
Japan is not a cucked nation like Urugay.
They're rightfully hesitant to take this experimental medication.
>>
>>2005077
That's not why the vaccine is slow in Japan you mong, the citizens wants to be vaccinated and the leaders have already been vaccinated. It has to do with regulations leading to a lack of vaccinators, that's why they are deregulating dentists and what not now so they can help out. It has nothing to do with them being hesitant, sorry to burst your "le epic based anime japs" bubble
>>
File: 730806.jpg (145 KB, 799x1200)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>2004944
>>2004951
>Kikes don't have chin. All the fats and protein went to their nose
>>
File: 1554455134997.png (214 KB, 512x424)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
>>2005139
>regulations leading to a lack of vaccinators
If only there was some kind of government instance that could change regulations. Possibly even during last year to be in time for when the vaccines start rolling out.
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 188x268)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>2004944
>>2004951
>>
>>2004031
>Saitama is meh. If you're going to live in Tokyo metro but not in Tokyo, Kanagawa is better.
Yeah, pretty much this. Especially the Shonan area. If you work in Tokyo and don't mind the commute, it may be the best place in the country to live if you can swing living in Zushi, Kamakura, Fujisawa, or Chigasaki. Saitama is alright if you like more mountainous living and live in the Chichibu area, and it's way cheaper. The cities in Saitama are fucking grim.
>>
>>2004419
Yes, it’s remotely possible but it’s difficult to do and finding opportunities for such is basically a crap shoot. You will almost certainly have to enter some kind of education program. My advice is that you should consider getting a bachelor’s degree in the country. That’s what I wish I had done looking back.
>>
What's the best way to get a job in Japan as someone with an engineering degree? Should I do the teaching shit for a year just to try it out? I'm 25 and I'm getting bored of my apartment in nig city
>>
>>2003935
>Well, it’s not quite like that though, is it? Because New York and Los Angeles are dumps but Tokyo is half decent.
Spoken like a true weeb.
>>
>>2003170
>>2003360
holy shit fellow shinchi enjoyers?
>>
>>2005474
>not living in Yokohama
ngmi
>>
File: images (48).jpg (19 KB, 509x602)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Flying over to Fukuoka on Tuesday. Any decent ramen reccomendations?
>>
Is tobita shinchi closed?
>>
Bros idk if im being an annoying bastard to my GF or not?
Basically she expressed strong dislike of me mentioning my home continent Europe sometimes.
Like i moved here about 6 months ago. We spend tons of time together and been dating a while.
When we chat and go places i may ask a question or about said thing here in Japan, and sometimes draw a comparison to my home as im learning and its my only frame of reference.

I never do it in a “Japan is worse” kinda why do it like that way. Just neutral learning/inquisitive. But it seema ahe maybe takes it that way? I get its kinda annoying when people travel and come home and do this and i’d never do that but this is my GF and i dont have many people to talk with either in this new place. It just seemed a bit mean to me.

I catch her doing it often in reference to a country she worked in for a few years and it really doesn’t bother me at all, its just interesting. Not like shes saying its so much better or condescending. I’m guessing she thinks im insulting Japan? Is this just that thing where u can only talk positively about japan and some latent sensitivity thing or have i kinda just got myself in a difficult place of nobody to explore it with and it genuinely being extremely irritating for ppl who cant relate.
>>
>>2006280

Cont.
We been together for a couple years btw. This isnt a new relationship
>>
>>2006280
>its just interesting
The amount of times I used this phrase myself in the same situation you're in is staggering. Best bet is to just talk it out with her and let her know what you meant by it. There isn't going to be a "right" way to address this until you're both on the same page.
>>
>>2006280
if you have been together for so long maybe you should confront her directly about this.
Impossible to say if it's related to how to say it, some cultural BS, or some specific quirk of this person.
>>
Is the consensus "skip Nagoya" if it's your first time going to Japan and will only have two weeks?
>>
>>2003677
No it's not
>>
>>2005626
>engineering degree
Apply to factories, automotive/chemical/transportation companies, etc. I meet lots of foreign engineers in Japan. Most of them don’t speak much Japanese.
>>
>>2006280
>Bros idk if im being an annoying bastard to my GF or not?
>Basically she expressed strong dislike of me mentioning my home continent Europe sometimes.
If this is your first Japanese girlfriend then statistically she likely has an undiagnosed mental illness. Don’t ignore warning signs. Start dating around and find a more well-adjusted girl.
>>
>>2006561
>she likely has an undiagnosed mental illness
You speak as if this wasn't 98% of the world population regardless of age, sex or country of origin.
>>
>>2005830
> spoken like someone with eyes, ears, and nose with functioning senses
You’ve never lived in any of these cities have you?
>>
Did Japan drop the points system for long term visas? I was considering getting a masters degree to help my application, but if that's gone I don't see much point in it.
>>
>>2006543
There’s a reason it’s consistently rated the most boring city in the country. It does have its charms, but for a foreign tourist who speaks no Japanese and is only in the country for a few weeks, it’s a total waste of time.
>>
>>2006884
No? If anything they talked about making it slightly easier
>>
>late 20s
>no degree
>no technical qualifications
is a language school the only realistic way i can spend a year or two in japan?
>>
>>2006932
I'm 30 and have a bachelor degree (pre-med biology research thing that's basically useless), but nothing else.
I think language school is the only way in general if you don't have a useful skill/qualification.
>>
>>2006938
i know some of the schools say they can help you find employment or prep you for university but i have a hard time believing japan is gonna want a 30y.o. white guy without a degree or an early-30s white guy with a degree for much of anything
>>
Are there any human rental services that are foreigner friendly? I want to rent a Japanese girlfriend that could travel with me around the country and help fill me in on certain aspects of the culture I'm not familiar with and supplement my enthusiasm for exploring Japan. I don't want sex just companionship, I'm just so fucking loney jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>2006974
Just pay a whore the 24 hr rate
>>
>>2006974
similar boat anon, thankfully I have a path to a fulfilling career. Was honestly just hoping to go there and use the dine app to at least share a dinner with a qt nip even if she's just using me for free food
>>
>>2004553
You will be able to get in with a negative test result too.
>>
>>2006938
I’m pretty much in the same boat. Language school it is.
>>
anyone know about special circumstances? i got trapped out while i was on a visa run(i have to leave and reapply from scratch every year since japan doesn't have a retirement visa like other countries) and everything i own is in japan.

inb4 'boomer' shit.
>>
>>2006545
newfag
>>
>>2006948
Yeah I'm not even gonna try. Just gotta find a well-paying career at home (I'm screwed), and try to take trips whenever I can.

>>2007135
If you're young enough for that to be an option go for it.
>>
>>2007171
Why would you leave all your things in a country when you have to go on visa runs to stay there? You sound kind of dumb, famalam
>>
>>2006581
>You speak as if this wasn't 98% of the world population regardless of age, sex or country of origin.
Maybe, but it seems like every foreigner has a crazy first girlfriend in Japan/Korea/China. More so than in other Asian countries.
>>
>>2007171
Those aren’t what are currently considered special circumstances right now. You really shouldn’t have left and expected to get back in on a tourist visa, considering they haven’t been issuing tourist visas for over a year and presumably you were extending yours until immigration told you to leave. It’s going to be a long time until you get back. You should get a friend or your girl to pack and store your stuff, then talk to your landlord about breaking your lease.
>>
>>2007171
should have gotten a real long-term visa, retard
>>
>>2007409
All women are batshit insane, anon. Yes, even Eastern Europeans and Asians. Men too. Literally everyone on this world is really fucked in the head.
>>
File: 1568647613147.jpg (108 KB, 640x590)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>2007443
>Everyone is stupid and retarded except me, I'm the super ubermensch bros
>>
>>2006901
Huh. I tried searching it but all the links were dead. Guess I should probably search the actual sites instead of others talking about the site
>>
>>2007445
I am fucked in the head too, anon. Why do you think both you and me are on 4chan?
>>
>>2006557
Alright that sounds good. Do you think I should move in first through the teaching thing? I think that's the safest option to start?
>>
>>2007499
First try and find a job in the field you want. Contrary to popular belief it’s not a sure thing to get a teaching job… you need to convince the interviewer you are serious, and not being a fresh grad or having any teaching experience will work against you. Of course if you’re already in Japan then your chances go up astronomically because they’ll believe you are desperate to stay and don’t have any other options.
>>
>>2005077
kys
>>
File: 00c[1].jpg (124 KB, 1024x620)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
Where can I find 18-year old girls who are into ojisans?
>>
>>2007409
Because most foreigners in Japan are absolute bottom of the barrel people
>>
>>2007610
ura accounts on twitter is the actual answer but you need to be Nip or actually completely fluent
>>
>>2007449
Because we're all the super ubermensch, duh
>>
>>2007631
Sounds like you’re bottom of the barrel yourself, otherwise you’d be happy with your life and such a seething thought wouldn’t have occurred to you.
>>
anons... the MEXT scholarship has opened... what do (to succeed)? need research proposal examples
>>
>>2007670
Just search for "How to maximize your chances of earning the MEXT" or something
>>
>>2007413
>>2007441
The visa I'm talking about was a long term visa that can be renewed indefinitely and allows retirees and richfags to live there as long as they're able to financially. Practically, since this visa cannot be extended past the one year mark and must be reapplied for outside Japan this just means leaving for 1-2 weeks to collect your visa every year. I'd usually just pop down to oz and visit frens while waiting.
When I left they were still allowing new residents to enter, which I would have under the residence track and I assumed that wouldn't change in the literal month I was planning to be out of the country for.

I also don't have a landlord or lease since I own the property. I had been living there smoothly for about seven years before this corona shit and never once even thought some insane shit like this could happen.
>>
>>2007665
I am happy with my life.

But yeah, based on my observations, most guys who move to Japan are losers back home. Having little to no prior experience with women they’ll latch onto first one that shows them any interest.
>>
>>2007557
I am not sure how easy it would be to apply to a job in Japan for a real field without living there first. And I heard that teaching can be difficult to get in through some programs but piss easy through others. I'm gonna give it a shot.
>>
>made power plays in a devalued market thanks to covid and doge

I'm close to $150,000. Is it enough to buy a business visa and liquor license? I'm looking for an excuse to stay there for years and hopefully I can sustain myself there. Can't speak Japanese at all though.
>>
>>2007850
I don't think you can get a business visa in japan
as far as i'm aware white people with businesses in japan have a spouse visa and their wife technically owns the business
>>
>>2007864
you can get a business manager visa, you don't even need to own the business
>>
>>2007850
Nice, how much did you put in anon?
>>
>>2007870
From the very beginning I dumped a lot of capital. $60k around April last year when the markets collapsed. Almost my entire life savings. I pretty much doubled up but hopefully I'll reach 150K soon.

>tfw still live rent free with parents and have been since I left high school

That's the secret to success
>>
>>2007875
Same. I don't have any money to me though. I held the #1 spot on Kucoin bots with Dogecoin leveraged trading but only had $200 to put in. I feel like I could make it if I had money
>>
>>2007850
You could get a startup visa with that for sure, which lets you convert to a buisiness manager visa if you're successful(you will be since you have the capital, their definition of success is 50k in a japanese bank account) - you'll want to go this route because a traditional buisiness manager visa has a degree and experience requirement which that startup visa doesn't have.
>>
How much should I be prepared to spend for 3 months in Tokyo?
>>
>>2008003
Can you retards stop asking these retarded ass questions without providing actual useful information..? The range can be all the way from like $30-$1000+ daily depending on your plans and shit.. what the fuck do we know
>>
>>2003444
>Why do so many Westerners move to Tokyo?

Because I make the equivalent of $150k USD per year plus bonus and work no overtime, you dumb faggot.
>>
>>2008006
How am I supposed to provide useful information? My trip is a way’s away since they’re still closed and I’ve never been. If you’ve ever stayed in Tokyo, answering should be as easy saying how much you spent, gauging whether that was high or lower than expected, and doing some quick math.
>>
Should I get vaccinated? They’re not even open to vaccinated people right now as I understand it, but I don’t want to get to a point where getting vaccinated gets you in quicker and vaccines become harder to get in a timely manner.
>>
>>2008050
There is a surplus of vaccines right now in the US. If you are American you will probably never have an issue getting one. If you don't want one if you don't need one for travel then they probably won't get that much harder later. I don't believe the vaccine is harmful, even if not super effective, so personally I just got the vaccine for the paper and don't really care.
>>
>>2008077
I’m not really pro or anti. I just don’t really care and don’t see why I should rush out to get it if I don’t need to, which is what I’m trying to figure out.
>>
>>2008078
Japan recently announced they'll be expediting business travelers with vaccine passports, so it would be beneficial to you to get it now or later when they actually announce dates and such.
>>
>>2008078
Well mine was done in less than an hour of deciding to get one but that would depend on the availability in your area. I'd just get it over with then if I were you.
>>
>>2007978
>startup visa
How do you get one of those?
>>
>>2006543
I liked Nagoya. There was an unfiltered and direct vibe, it felt like Chemnitz (sounds weird, i know).
>>
>>2008085
All 3 doses is as far as 84 days apart though.
>>
Anyone here been to Kinosaki? Is it worth a side trip from Kyoto to stay there for a day?
>>
File: pcr.png (520 KB, 1694x912)
520 KB
520 KB PNG
The pressure to open up with a corona test on arrival is mounting.
They're charging about $300 for a fucking test lmao but the WHO is recommending the governments to do them free in order to get people to actually travel. France is already doing it
I'd say there's a passable chance they'll be open to some kind of immunity/covid tested population by October
>>
>>2008142
Yeah, I go back for my second one on Friday. The quicker you start the quicker they'll be done. And it remains to be seen whether more than 2 will be necessary for travel or no, right?
>>
>>2006543
if that's the consensus, then you know you absolutely have to go to Nagoya.
>>
>>2008165
I guess I’ll just do it at some point over the next month or so. No rush.
>>
File: boom boom.webm (255 KB, 426x240)
255 KB
255 KB WEBM
>>2007648
What's the ironic answer then because I have know idea what an ura account is.
>>
>>2006543
Nagoya seems like an okay place to live but a totally boring place to visit. I’d skip.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (141 KB, 1280x720)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
What's Akita like? Is Akita bijin a real thing or just a meme to trick foreigners into visiting a backwater prefecture?
>>
>>2008218
the ironic answer is to just b urself and pray the girl who swiped right on tinder is actually the one you're gonna meet.
unironically If you know the hashtags you can find the accounts and get into the network of other accounts that will eventually lead you to get some legal JKs who ojisans pay well, for example the アカ女子 hashtag is a good place to start. Just find the accounts following the accounts using that hashtag and you'll find yourself swarmed. Again you gotta know nip or be good with a translator/hope she wants to learn english because I doubt anybody would want to waste time with the Jap equivalent of a horny esl
>>
>>2008161
I paid about 15k yen for my test in Tokyo. Needed it to fly out earlier this year. Got the results next day. The 30k price is probably at the airport and you can results within a few hours.
>>
>>2008084
>Japan recently announced they'll be expediting business travelers with vaccine passports, so it would be beneficial to you to get it now or later when they actually announce dates and such.
From what I read that will initially just apply to Japanese citizens and current resident visa holders. Their government is so slow that there will probably be lots of warning from announcement to implementation. At the moment, Japan has only authorized the Pfizer vaccine but Moderna will probably be approved soon.
>>
>>2007875
>bragging about living with your parents like a fucking loser since HS
weird
>>
>>2008426
You only think he is a loser because society has conditioned you to consoom to the benefit of wealthy elites.
>>
>>2008436
Fucking this, the real estate market is in such a shit state right. You're an absolute retard if you're buying a house to actually live in it.
>>
Everyone have a good golden week? I hired a model to dress up like a ghost and filmed her haunting an old shrine. It was pretty fucking fun.
>>
>>2008436
No he's a fucking loser because he lives with his parents, how do you not grasp this?
>>
Is the Otorii on Itsukushima still under construction? Used to visit every week to see if they'd finish. I'm glad I got to see it every time I visited back in 18/19.
I want my FUCKING TONGUE BURNING MOMIJI MANJU NOW LET ME GO BACK I MISS YOU
>>
Guys, while I was in Japan working for a military base, I joined a university research lab and learned Japanese. How likely is it that I can get a decent job when I return?
>>
>>2008605
100%. They need japanese speaking military scientists like you
>>
Any places (you) can recommend visiting in Japan in late November or early December (assuming they do open up in the Fall)?
>>
File: Weird_Kinks.jpg (62 KB, 903x612)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
Late 20s, I make around $800 a month working online and while thats nothing in developed countries it allows me to live the almost NEET life in my local shithole

question is: how would I fare in japan with that kind of money? initially I mean
Hearing accounts from expats, finding work even in covid times isnt really that hard, and you get a double whammy if you speak the language, which I would have no problem studying
I prefer a quiet life, so I'm not expecting to move permanently to weeb city or something, I also would prefer not to work like a salaryman in the 60s, I just want to live in peace, have an honest job and find myself a girl even if they are not native
or just realize that maybe japan is not for me and go back with some good memories, whatever
>>
>>2008698
I have no idea if you could live anywhere run Japan on that income but how would you even get a visa?
>>
>>2008702
first I would need to get a tourist/travel visa when the coof subsides, and have a short term trip to get a feel for it
I have some lofty long term ideas but I dont want to commit without doing some scouting first
>>
>>2007766
>since this visa cannot be extended past the one year mark
should
have
gotten
a
real
long-term
visa,
retard
>>
>>2008704
I see. I don’t really know so I can’t help you. I wish I could. I’m also a freelancer and would like nothing more to live off that income, and I probably could at home but I’ve searched high and low for a way to do that while securing a visa and I’ve come up empty handed.
>>
>>2008698
The answer to all your questions is no. You're fucking retarded. Stay in your shithole. Any work you could even possibly do, they can find a fucking local national to do it without having to jump through the hoops of getting you a visa.
>>
>>2008560
The economy is fucked and real estate is too exorbitant for most Employed millenials, how do you not grasp this?
>>
>>2008711
then I'm going to migrate to ur country and get goverment gibs
>>
>>2008698
>poor, gross, smelly, useless NEET thinks he'll be able to move to Japan
I'd say I'm shocked but I'm truly not, you're about on par with the guy still living with his parents near 30.
>>
>>2008795
Your precious Japan has over a million gross smelly hikki NEETs living there right now and many more or are neither hikki nor NEET but every bit as gross and smelly, I’m sorry to tell you. I won’t tell you how many nearly 30 somethings live with their parents because I don’t want to give you a heart attack.
>>
>>2008799
Japs being neets has nothing to do with your situation. They're Japanese, you're a foreigner who needs reasons to convince the Japanese government to let you in and stay there with a visa despite having 0 skills or anything to offer them.
>>
>>2008810
you are not responding to the right anon you silly basketball american

but hey, I can offer a solution to the declining birthrate!
and I take care of my body thank you very much
>>
>>2008698
save some money, get a tourist visa and decide if you want to actually try to make this work. If your country allows for working holiday visa look into that but if you're late 20s it's gonna be difficult. Alternatively you could try to get into a language school or uni but at 800/mo you're gonna be struggling.
>>
>>2008698
do you have a degree? if not, forget about it
>>
>>2008815
>I can offer a solution to the declining birthrate!
If you donated sperm to one of those banks for people to use, nobody would pick you because you're basically useless compared to an actual successful person. So what makes you think Japan would prefer you over literally countless of others..? Not to push you down even further, but come on now anon
>>
>>2008560
What makes him a loser?
>>
>>2008698
>question is: how would I fare in japan with that kind of money? initially I mean
Are you planning to live on a tourist visa for a while and then probably leave? If so you could do it, but it would be subsistence level living. I have lived on 1000 USD for a month but that was with experience living there, and basically living locally, mostly making my own food, and dating girls who had money.

If you intend to find a job there then you've got a whole range of new problems. You say you come from a shit country so you're most likely out of luck getting a teaching job unless you're from the Philippines and very polished. If you have an IT background (especially development, devops, or networking) you might find a job somewhere that specializes in hiring techies from developing countries for 200k/yen per month (sometimes minus mandatory housing and other costs). To get a job in a factory or a store or restaurant you usually go through a Japanese language school in a developing country and get placed somewhere in a sort of bonded labor.

Many guys in your situation will try to marry a Japanese citizen. If you are charming and handsome, it might even work, but most of the time it doesn't.
>>
Guys, my professors told me I am a Researcher in their new Research institute, but they haven't given me any jobs. Did they lie to me?
>>
>>2009021
All I've done at this point was spell heck a powerpoint in english and write a research proposal in english
>>
>>2008560
You're kinda right, but you're also kinda conditioned by the elites to think that.
>>
>>2006974
So you're looking for a tour guide?
>>
>>2006974
It's called Tinder
>>
File: 6p51wmlawgo41.jpg (449 KB, 1536x1536)
449 KB
449 KB JPG
>>2009098
Nah tour guides only show you very specific areas on strict schedules. I want to explore at my own pace and go where my interests lead me.

>>2009107
I'm too ugly/old to use Tinder, would be easier to just rent out a person since money isn't an issue for me.
>>
>>2009130
Retard. I was 30, almost a virgin and still matched with 100s of 18-40 year olds. Japanese women are meme though
>>
File: okcupid.png (31 KB, 403x203)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>2009134
I don't think you understand just how much of an ugly turbo virgin I am. I even payed for a premium account and when a girl blocked me for saying hi to her she immediately changed her profile and removed any interests we had in common.
>>
Has anyone else been treated differently since Corona started?

I've noticed that people are less likely to speak to me in English, and initiate conversations in Japanese instead.
>>
>>2009146
Actually had someone pull a gun on me at Akihabara. The times they are a changin.
>>
>>2009088
Living by yourself is great. Can have friends over, fuck chicks, walk around naked, have a lot of alone time to be productive, etc. This has nothing to do with elites or whatever schizo thing you're about to barf out
>>
File: 1455134731166.gif (1.07 MB, 400x225)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB GIF
>order a PizzaLa because fuck it, haven't done that in years
>pizza arrives lickidy-split
>delivery guy says: "oh hey, here's some free beer."
>.gif related
>crack open my free beer
>it's alcohol free
would have been a great April Fools prank
>>2009021
>>2009025
You hit the jackpot friend. All you have to do is look busy until retirement. Find something to research. Buy a book or something and read it. Write out a paper about it. When someone asks you what it is you do show all the valuable research you did.
>>2009146
People are definitely less friendly now. But not just to foreigners. Even Japanese people are avoiding each other more.
>>
>>2009134
how many of them have you actually met? Are they just super gaijin hunters? What were your numbers in the States?
>>
>>2009298
Are you the autists that spams the other threads with your questions about getting laid?
>>
>>2003857
They are all over the place in Roppongi, they work as pushy touts cause they know English. I will never go to an establishment with them working as touts, you will get roofied then have your CC run for ¥100,000 a drink.
>>
>>2009326
Most likely. Pajeets have been quite active on /trv/ lately.
>>
>>2009141
you just need to weaponize your autism better. What the other anon said is right, Tinder is probably the best way to meet locals. or try interpals, idk.
I am 31 myself, 5/10 in looks and never had a problem in getting matches or going out. Just don't be a moron who thinks everything is easy because he's white/western and that chicks will throw themselves at you because you're a foreigner.
>>
>>2008283
>legal JKs who ojisans pay well
what does any of this mean
>>
>>2009154
fact
>>
Have you ever heard of someone switching from full-time to part-time and still qualifying for a visa?
>>
I just want to nut inside a crossdresser
>>
File: nyTwitter.jpg (560 KB, 1080x1360)
560 KB
560 KB JPG
How many anons here got Nato on their itinerary?
>>
>>2009508
Noto*
Goddamnit
>>
>>2009508
saw that yesterday and decided id visit it when i visit japan
>>
Any Tokyo anons here who have experience living in Seoul? How do the two differ?
>>
>>2009298
First of all, I'm not a fucking burger. I'm Australian. I dated a handful in my free limited time in Japan. I had a few girls back home before but only small things. Pro tip is to not waste time with Japanese girls and go for the English teachers though. Filipinos are easy and likely more attractive + teeth are straight. I've kept in contact with a few of them. They are infinitely more fun than Japanese.
>>
>>2009717
I knew a chubby flip once, I think her dad was a rich exec somewhere
I shoulda put a baby in her when I had the chance damn
>>
>>2009718
I hooked up and traveled with a slightly chubby flip in Osaka for a few days. Best doggy I've had lol. We are still in contact and she would be DTF but I have a gf now. Her husband is a cuck lmao
>>
>>2009628
Tokyo is a vibrant city that you could live in for years and keep exploring new areas. Seoul is boring in less than a week. And that’s just talking about layouts and architecture. The difference gets more stark if we talk about personality and culture.
>>
>>2009717
>Pro tip is to not waste time with Japanese girls and go for the English teachers though. Filipinos are easy and likely more attractive + teeth are straight.
You got shit taste and game if you go to Japan and gravitate to frumpy white teachers and OFW Filipinas.
>>
>>2009717
>spending money to go to japan and not fucking japanese women

you're fucking retarded. the only reason to go to japan is to cross "nutted on japanese girl's face" off your bucket list.
>>
>>2009829
Wanting Japanese "women" (childish and immature) is the real shit taste. They aren't the same as in your Japanese cartoons weeb
>>
>>2009831
>t. Broke and ugly as fuck so has to go after third worlders
>>
>>2009831
>>2009832
I dated attractive Japanese women too you retards. They're shit.
>>
>>2009836
bet you didn't fuck any of them though
>>
>>2009829
>>2009830
>>2009832
t. Weebs who are disappointed real life is not like their Japanese cartoons
>>
How hard would it be to attract a girl like this? Assuming my level of Japanese is N3.
>>
>>2009875
based taste, anon, manic pixie dream girls are great
>>
>>2009875
>find a cosplayer
>compliment her wig
>compliment her dress
>tell her you have a camera and want to do a photoshoot with her someplace like a garden
but honestly if you've ever gone on /cgl/ you'd know those bitches are crazy
>>
>>2009875
Just go there and find out, the fuck do we know. This is my hot take: Some might find you attractive while some won't... you're welcome anon
>>
File: McPolice.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080)
3 MB
3 MB WEBM
>>2009885
>tell her you have a camera and want to do a photoshoot with her someplace like a garden
Is this like a culturally accepted thing? In my country if you were to say this to a girl the cops would be on your ass so hard George Floyd would rise from his grave just to get choked out again.
>>
>>2009898
This might come as a shock to you, but those japs are not trans or dragqueens
>>
>>2009875
These kinds of chicks already have tons of j dudes simping over them already. Your gaijinness isn’t going to automatically shoot you to the front of the pack.
>>
>>2009875
why are they eating raw chicken?
>>
>>2009924
It’s the Disney turkey leg
>>
>>2009836
Filipinas are by far the ugliest Asians. Don't @ me
>>
How fucking unenjoyable will onsens be for me as a slightly bulky hairy indian fellow?
The people im going on the trip are fucking lame and dont want to go to the onsens cause nakedness. Was banking on making conversation with others in them, but then i had the self realization that im fucking ugly and of a darker skin complexion, so id just be sitting quietly in warm water while other either ignore or look towards me in revulsion
>>
>>2010027
The japs will probably get out of the water when you enter, but fuck them. If you like soaking in hot tubs you will enjoy it .
>>
>>2010027
nobody cares from my experience
>>
>>2010027
>self hating darkie
christ no one actually fucking cares about this shit, you're overreacting
>>
>>2010027
Just don't take your towel into the water like a retard and you'll be fine.
>>
>>2010027
Dude are you gay or something? Why do you want to bathe with guys?
>>2009898
If you've ever dated a cosplayer you'd know that boyfriend photoshoots is their idea of a perfect date.
>>
If I have a degree in computer engineering, would I be in a good spot to try and move to Japan or would my education be seen as inferior because western (U.S) higher education is dogshit?
>>
>>2010078
do you speak Japanese?
>>
>>2009717
>goes to Japan
>chases fat non-Japanese girls
Yup, typical Australian
>>
>>2010078
>he doesn't realize the US has best College system in the world

As far as moving to Japan goes, There's tons of dudes already like you here who are willing to forgo big salaries in the West so they can live out their weeb dreams making ~30k a year. Speaking Japanese helps, but isn't required for bigger companies like rakuten or amazon.
>>
>>2010152
>he doesn't realize the US has best College system in the world
Nobody thinks this except Americans living in a bubble. True that the top US universities are among the best in the world, and the very top universities in the US are probably the very best, but the average US school is below the average UK or Canadian university. Probably below Australian, NZ, and Irish universities too. However the average US school is indeed better than even above-average Japanese universities.
>>
>>2010209
https://studyindenmark.dk/news/denmark-has-the-third-best-higher-education-system-in-the-world

Nope. The United States has the best university system in the world.
>>
>>2010109
Nani?
>>
>>2010226
No one cares
>>
>>2010027
I am a hairy white man. Just make sure you follow the onsen etiquette and you will be fine. I did not shave and things were perfectly fine. No one looks at each other, unless they know each other.
>>
>>2009827
>The difference gets more stark if we talk about personality and culture.
Could you tell me more?
>>
Just got my rejection notice from JET. Should I even bother looking for alternatives or just shelve Japan altogether?
>>
>>2003239
So that's a 'yes' then, thanks!
>>
>>2010109
Yes, I speak Japanese
>>
>>2010359
Lel how the hell did you get rejected
>>
>>2010152
How would I only make 30k per year as an software engineer? Do foreigners just have to take the shitty jobs or is the pay that bad in Japan?
>>
>>2010371
Half botched the interview and it was allegedly more competitive this year than normal
>>
>>2010379
90% of the time you're not going to be working that job because you're not fluent in Japanese. Unless you have great connections, your options for work are extremely limited, at least until you plant your feet and learn the (arguably) world's toughest language.

Why is a jap company gonna hire you over a local?
>>
>>2010380
Did you go full genki in the interview like they want you to? There's a lot of other companies out there for ALT shit, I would just keep applying dude. I can't imagine it being that competitive though. Are you a native English speaker with no accent?
>>
>>2010382
If I become fluent in Japanese, would that help a lot especially when competing for jobs against locals? I'm also fine with working a job that doesn't pay a whole lot for a couple of years so I can get my feet planted and then grow my salary from there, so that isn't too big of a deal
>>
>>2010385
Not exactly I just didn't prepare for the interview at all expecting to wing it and it backfired on me. I'm not too worried about finding other ALT work but here and everywhere else the general consensus seems to be, don't bother if you can't get JET.
>>
>>2010391
Of course it would help, and is probably a requirement at this point. Hiring a foreigner, especially out of the country, is tough because in essence the company has to prove that they couldn't hire someone locally to do the job so they're forced to look abroad.

It's going to be tough to find an entry level position as a foreigner that you can grow in. Most English teaching jobs won't have much room for advancement, but I suppose that's fine. You won't be fluent for a very, very long time but you can probably get N2 in a couple years which might be enough depending on sector. But again, actually being there and networking + learning the language is always going to reap benefits.
>>
>>2010397
What about for software engineering jobs? Would it be best to teach English for a few months, come back to the US, work a job as an engineer for a couple years and then try to get a job as an engineer in Japan?
>>
>>2010402
The fuck is the point of teaching English for a couple months then returning? If you want to start a new life in a country then go there and stay there. Work a teaching gig, start learning the language now, attend any local programing events in whatever city you're in, network, etc.
>>
Cheers lads. I am thinking about renting a motorbike when I go to Japan. Do European (specifically Maltese) driver licenses work just fine? or do I need something else?
>>
File: 1607398264320.jpg (44 KB, 1015x1015)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
God I'm so miserable
Gave up my apartment right at the end of December assuming I could go in January for my dual degree MS program
My CoE came back December 16th, but my school didn't tell me until after state of emergency started because "things were unsure" (though I kept asking for it)
I wish there were just some vague guess from the govt as to when (graduate) students would be allowed back; can't live home much longer and short term leases are impossible to find here with no idea how long I want to stay
>>
>>2010411
you sign up for an international and it tells you what is fine and what isn't
>>
>>2010359
I also got rejected by JET back in the day. I tried for some other ALT placement companies, got hired, and have been loving it. I've been in Japan for 10 years now.
>>
Thoughts on becoming an English editor in Japan? I'm going to be a ">Creative writing major" with a specialization in editing courses, and I desperately want to get out of America and into Japan. What Japanese proficiency should I have, N3 or something higher?
>>
>>2010528
N3 is nothing, N2 is the bare minimum for nearly every job. If you're working in editing then you should be N1+, but even then the tests aren't an actual indicator of your ability to speak Japanese.

You might be able to skirt by on N2 and work in editing literal children stuff, but I wouldn't bank on it.
>>
I remember when I saw my first black person in tokyo I got really scared
>>
>>2010402
For an engineer, you're pretty dumb dude.

Don't teach English, it will kill your career.

You want real advice, work in the US for 5-10 years, get some real experience and start applying for jobs then. You'll stand a better chance at landing an "expat package" job where you'll earn a wage comparable to the west. Or, since you're American, you could look into DoD/Contracting work. You'll work on a base, but you'll also be out earning 90% of the expats in Japan. There are bases close to Tokyo, Hiroshima, up north in Misawa, and of course Okinawa. Those jobs can be competitive and will require a clearance in most cases.
>>
>>2010612
>wait 5-10 years to move somewhere and/or go work for the fucking US government on a base
hahahahaha holy fuck you DoD retards are truly something else
>>
>>2010609
99% of them are nigerian slaves anon, they are literally told by their owners not to get out of line with anyone.. well except their aggressive sale pitch I guess, but that's why you don't even look at them.. simply ignore and move along
>>
File: 1452529926999.gif (1003 KB, 500x243)
1003 KB
1003 KB GIF
I had some mental health problems that didn't get addressed until my mid-20s and when I finally cleaned up a little and got my GED +a bachelor degree the tertiary qualification unfortunately didn't get me anywhere because of my weak employment history. Part time work is become a drag so I want a fresh start but for that I need cash, so I'm thinking of going to grad school. Problem is I'm now a "mature aged student" (30 y/o).
Is there anything I could study that would make me attractive as an immigrant around age 35 once I graduate and have some cash on hand, or am I just too old for this shit now? I know even JET wont take me.
>>
>>2003436
I'm glad they're not vaccinating. Fuck Bill Gates.
>>
>>2010508
So I just show them my international license and it's all good?
>>
>>2010615
Cry harder poorfag
>>
>>2010679
What? Are you trying to brag about working on a fucking army base lol
>>
>>2010680
My total compensation comes out to around $140k a year
>>
>>2010634
Software engineering and nursing come to mind.
>>
>>2010683
They'd actually take a foreign nurse?
My undergrad was in biology, so I could absolutely advance to a nursing masters. Interesting, I'll do some research. Thank you.
>>
>>2010681
Again, are you trying to brag about working for the US government on an army base?
>>
>>2010687
I don’t work on an army base
>>
>>2007130
If you aren't vaccinated there is a two week mandatory quarantine for anyone entering the country, foreigner or not. IIRC, it's still in effect for vaccinated people too but there is speculation/hope that the regulations will change with the vaccination roll out increasing. I'm in the process for getting my Visa and my sponsor told me it would be a good idea to include my vaccination record just in case it happens soon so that I won't have to spend 14 days in a hotel with nothing to do. I'm really hoping he's right so that I can do some cool shit in the couple of days before I actually start working lol
>>
>>2010261
employers do lol
>>
>>2010677
You need your passport also if I recall, then you need to fill out some other stuff that is pretty straight forward.
>>
>>2010402
Get a job in the US. Covid has opened up more remote positions, that still pay ~75-100k for entry level. You can make money from home, while figuring out how to get full residency in Japan and/or taking max visa vacation/work in Japan.

Don't be a fucking retard about it where you waste a year+ of your life with a shitty job trying to juggle living in a country you can't function properly in.
>>
>>2010697
what the fuck is the point of getting vaccinated, if you still have to take a covid test and have a 14 day quarantine? What is next, getting the vaccine shots again when you land?
>>
>>2010701
>if you still have to take a covid test and have a 14 day quarantine
I mean, I would assume someone would want to get vaccinated for more reasons than just going to Japan.
And like I said, it's likely they are in the process of changing this restriction, but the Japanese system is notoriously slow, so despite people being vaccinated already, they're caught in red tape and have to abide by the country's current laws/restrictions, even if it's a bit pointless.
>>
>>2010701
The reason there's no exception for vaccinated people in the regulation is that the regulation was put into effect well before the vaccinations even existed.
>>
File: 1591227883423.png (3.23 MB, 1125x1785)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB PNG
>>2010612
>For an engineer, you're pretty dumb dude.
>dud you don't know about something that i have more knowledge on therefore you must be dumb dud hehe
kys nigger
>>
>>2011027
>REEEEEEEEEE, why should I take the time to research a life altering decision?
>>
How do programmers exactly get jobs in Japan? Even if you're totally fluent, I doubt someone would just hire you from overseas. They have to start as English teachers or DoD personnel, right?
>>
>>2011147
wrong
>>
>>2011147
There’s a lack of programmers in Japan because Japanese aren’t interested in that kind of work (or most IT work in general). IT companies and departments of all sizes are likely to use English in the office. It’s mostly support and sales positions that need fluent Japanese.
>>
>>2009946
@
>>
File: 1457681399110.jpg (48 KB, 495x601)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
https://twitter.com/mainichi/status/1390801114635784193

>24 million vaccines unused, and they expire in June
Japan... Why?
>>
>>2011147
programming is literally the second easiest job to land for a foreigner in Japan
>>
>>2011152
>There’s a lack of programmers in Japan because Japanese aren’t interested in that kind of work (or most IT work in general)
Why? I wouldn’t expect that.
>>
>>2011179
vaccines are worthless
>>
>>2011179
JAPAN IS FUCKING BASED!
>>
>>2011182
Well fuck, I should go for a Masters in CS to maximize my chances of being hired overseas, huh?
>>
>>2011319
It helps since Japanese people love notarized qualifications. I am debating doing the same thing for the same reason but I struggle to tell if it is worth it when it wouldn't increase my earning potential much in the U.S. and I don't know if I would follow through on leaving when my Japanese ability is poor & studying the language while working + doing a masters degree sounds awful
>>
>>2011199
Says the doctor on 4chan
>>
>>2011330
Well, since my degree is in IT I think it would increase my earning potential. My Japanese is already N3-ish so I'm not too worried about that.
I just think this is the best way to proceed if I want to keep open the option of moving to Japan in the future because I'm already 27, I feel like going into JET or something would kill my career for shit pay at this point. Going for a CS masters in the US would advance my career while still making me more hireable in Japan, while also giving me more time to become fluent.
>>
>>2011179
We have already explained what is happening in Japan, because of their laws and bureaucracy they have barely no legal locations and people to perform the actual shots
>>
>>2011179
>Japan... Why?
Maybe their media isn't completely jewed and dissent was allowed.
>>
>>2011338
>doctor
They've lost all their credibility.
https://twitter.com/NgoloTesla/status/1390751520900136960
>>
I hope Japan continues to stay closed for years to come

I spend at least 15 mins each morning reading twitter/reddit comments from all the crying ALTs/language students/coomers that can't get over here
>>
>>2011401
Dissent is allowed, there's no accredited reason to not get vaccinated. You're retarded and a schizo if you're seriously more concerned about the vaccine than literally 99% of the other random shit that could kill you
>>
>>2011463
ALT/language school cope is great and sort of keeping me through this, but I also just want to finish my fucking master's man...
>>
>>2011405
Because they're tired of brainlets single-handedly bringing the virus back. Honest to God I'd put all of you vaccine "skeptics" against the wall. Gas every last one of you worthless fucks
"hurr durr it's skepticism if I just blanket say it's bad despite having no reason to believe so"
>>
>>2003937
The Nishinari ward is hilariously trashy for Japan standards. Rows of homeless and their luggage under the bridges, people passed out in the middle of the the sidewalk, drunks getting thrown out of places during daytime. I stayed in Osaka after doing a long trip through small towns and the countryside and it was a difference like night and day.
>>
>>2008269
Almost any prefecture is a backwater prefecture outside of the big cities (if they have any). Every prefecture has nice things if youre willing to explore a bit. If youre short on time and just want to see the standard stuff without doing much research, stick to Kyoto for history/culture and Tokyo/Osaka for modern big city shit.
>>
>>2008560
Living with your parents is normal in almost any non-western country. In some countries youre supposed to take care of your parents once you become of age.
>>
>>2011492
not him but
i dont look down on people for being abnormal, but i would despise living with my parents, and i honestly think most people would chose not to if given the chance
>>
>>2010027
>Was banking on making conversation with others in them
I have been to onsen dozens of times and in the men's bath there is pretty much zero conversation going on. You dont go to an onsen to chat up strangers and they wont chat up you.
Now in the women's bath thats a different story, you always hear chatter and laughter from over there. Sometimes the men will give each other manly looks if the women get too loud.
>>
>>2011468
Students conducting graduate research and MEXT scholars definitely have a more legitimate claim to be allowed in than ALTs (dancing monkeys) and language ""students"" (glorified tourist)
>>
>>2011493
Moving out as soon as youre 18 is a marketing scam so that youll end up paying rent,utilities and insurance out of your pocket instead of sharing with your parents. It exists to make rich people richer.
>>
>>2011505
living alone is a luxury, it costs money
thats like saying "buying a car is a scam so that you have to pay for gas", everyone understands that gas is expensive, some of them buy cars anyway because cars are nicer than public transit, some take the bus because they dont think its worth the money, some take the bus because they cant afford not to.
nobody brainwashed anyone into thinking that cars are nicer than buses, or that living with your parents is better than moving out. there may be a stigma against it, but that isnt a 4D marketing campaign, thats just because those things are seen as a class symbol. we did it to ourselves.
>>
I had a guy tell me that he enrolled in a technical/vocational school after his time in a language school. He said there’s technical/vocational schools for all kinds of things from voice acting to welding and they’re everywhere but for the life of me, I can’t find anything like this online. Does anyone have any idea where I can find info on this sort of thing?
>>
>>2011561
Search for it in Japanese.
>>
>>2011193
It’s not as high a status job as in other countries, the compensation and perks aren’t as high, the work is more of a grind, and innovation and creativity aren’t appreciated. Almost every Western trained Japanese CS grad I know has started their own business or searched out startups. Almost every local CS grad is working a grind job and feels excluded from regular salaryman career opportunities. That’s my experience working in Tokyo anyway.
>>
>>2011466
>>2011470
>>
>>2011730
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0g-RYlyYOA
>>
File: E08zMmEVIAI828y.jpg (165 KB, 827x1029)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>2011466
>>2011470
>>
>>2011730
You know that chick didn’t die, right?
>>
File: -_-.jpg (65 KB, 848x900)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>2003138
I work for a multinational public corporation and they are opening a Japan branch. I was asked to apply to a position because I have travelled to Japan several times and studied Japanese in university and beyond for around 5 years. I haven't spoken or written Japanese in about 2 years and I was asked to submit a brief writing sample in Japanese. It's slowly coming back but I still feel like a retard trying to speak or write. Do you think I have any chance with this job? Would I need Japanese to do business? How fast do you think my Japanese could come back, I got a JLPT2 at my best. Any advice for interviewing or moving for Japan?
>>
Retarded question, but what are some good spots around Tokyo to do running? Or hell any gyms open to gaijin tourists? Only planning a 3 week stay next year, but wanna get at least a couple days of exercise.
>>
>>2011751
lots of people like to jog around the imperial palace. Otherwise you might want to book a hotel with a gym. Private gyms in Japan are $100 a month on average.
>>2011748
Try interpals?
>>2011738
So where is she?
>>
>>2011767
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-nurse-covid-vaccine-dead-idUSKBN29629G
>>
American citizen here
So I don't need a visa for stays of less than 90 days - is that 90 days in a year, or 90 days per stay? My work is looking like it will have tons of remote opportunitie, and if possible I'd like to make it a regular thing to spend a month or two overseas several times a year. Could I just keep coming back to Japan as long as it was for less than 90 days or would they turn me away at some point
>>
>>2011810
90 days per stay
>>
>>2011810
I think you have 180 days per year in 90 day sets with a standard visa. Luckily Japan doesn't make you wait 90 days in between visits like eurocucks do.
>>
>>2011751
>>2011767
There are plenty of parks around the city to go for runs at, like Yoyogi park
>>
>>2011810
There aren't any official rules regarding "visa runs" which is staying 85-90 days, running to Korea for a few days and coming back
Rumor has it they'll turn you back if you do it once, twice, three times, etc.
I personally did it twice when I was doing an internship without much issues, but the second time I did it, the immigration guy grilled me on a few things like dates on my Passport, contents of my bags, and return flight
Though if you're doing 90 day stays with decent breaks between them, you should be fine
>>
when japan open
>>
>>2012032
noon-ish
>>
>>2011907
>>2011767
Alright looks like i'll be bringing resistance bands with me then, but good to know I'm set for running.
>>
>>2011767
Thanks!

I am this guy >>2011748 and I have a quick question for anyone who speaks native level Japanese, I am writing a recipe in Japanese and I am writing a recipe for oyakodon and have a couple quick questions! I want to title it something along the lines of "the taste of mother's cooking oyakodon" and how I've tried writing it is "母の料理ような味な親子丼" or "おふくろの味な親子丼” or like ”おふくろの味親子丼” do any of these sound like a natural phrasing, I don't want it sound awkward and could just call it 親子丼 would love to know if any native speakers could weigh in?
>>
>>2010393
apply to interac. it's the same shit as jet but a bit easier to get into.
>>
>>2003138
>>
Last time I felt alive was in Tokyo 2 years ago. Had just graduated, unsure of future. Wouldn't even have energy to get up before 930. First night there I wake up at 6, no grogginess.

Walk outside bathed in the dawn, no plan, just walk wherever I want. Stumbled upon the largest shrine, ueno park, and national museum in the same day. See the cherry blossom for the first time in my life.

Two years later I'm shitposting on my phone in the work bathroom. Dread every waking moment of my life.

I need to go back.
>>
>>2011736
>vaccine produces blood clots with the same proportion as naturally occurring blood clots
>vaccine produces medical complications at the same rate that they occur naturally
take your meds.
>>
>>2012138
i wish i could just spend my entire life walking (or riding a bike) around japan without any plans
>>
>>2012032
they're on the verge of cancelling the Olympics, it's gonna be 2022 at this rate
>>
File: 1474756784901.png (315 KB, 586x720)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
>>2012331
Imagine having a shitty economy, putting your hand up to host the Olympics (which costs a ton of money that no one ever recoups with tourism), spending a bunch of cash on upgrading facilities in fulfillment of an legendary apocalyptic prophecy (Akira), and after all that effort the thing gets fucking cancelled anyway.
>>
File: 1620413644609.jpg (17 KB, 480x426)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>2012334
Suga should get the death penalty for how bad he fucked things up. The GoToTravel program basically ensured Japan couldn't control cases like S.Korea/Taiwan and the botched vaccine rollout means they're not gonna be able to vaxx their way out of this issue either. I will never understand why he didn't just do what every other developed nation did and roll out the money printers for the struggling business and keep things unofficially closed/limited.
>>
>>2011736
>isn't able to substantiate a single major risk to the vaccine so he resorts to schizo-posting about unrelated drug manufactoring

>>2011730
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-nurse-covid-vaccine-dead/fact-check-nurse-who-fainted-after-covid-19-vaccine-did-not-die-idUSKBN29629G
Seems your nurse there is doing fine. Incidentally I've also got the Pfizer and I'm completely fine as well. Go choke on a revolver and pull the trigger
>>
>>2012331
Really? I know most of Japan is against it, and the only real argument they have for running it is the "but this Japanese athlete had cancer(?) and wants to compete"
I can't imagine they're going to cancel it, but I can't get into the fucking country to get a sense of the current atmosphere so what do I know
>>
>>2007784
>based on my observations
and how many is that? the one dude you saw on youtube?
>>
>>2008014
you make 150k usd per year living in Tokyo?
>>
>>2010027
do you normally have conversations with people while naked? especially while soaking? the hell is wrong with you
>>
File: 1620325564304.png (3.65 MB, 5000x4000)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB PNG
>>2012352
they don't want to have the appearance of caring more about the Olympics over public health but the reality is that they might not be in a position to lift the state of emergency in time. They could arbitrarily lift the state of emergency but that would be easy political ammunition against PM Suga's camp. Alternatively they could host the games under the state of emergency but that just undermines your own state of emergency. Finally they could just cancel the games and eat the cost, which is probably the safest political move but one that the IOC isn't going to let the government get away with for free.
>>
>>2012488
>but that would be easy political ammunition against PM Suga's camp
Doesn't Japan have like (functionally) only 1 party anyway?
>>
>>2012491
Yeah but within the party there's jostling for power. Suga's rivals within the party are gonna roast him for this if he forces the Games in the middle of a state of emergency.
>>
File: EzzxfSEUUAQLeuj.jpg (460 KB, 1480x2048)
460 KB
460 KB JPG
The days of street walking prostitutes and pointing at a girl in a brothel are slowly coming to an end in advancing countries. Pre-booking online weeks in advance is becoming the norm, it's much more efficient. I refuse to believe that Japan - the country of efficiency is still behind the times in this regard. Anyone here have any experience getting in touch with a JAV? I've heard of some touring LA/Vegas. Is reaching out to a possible agent worth a damn?
>>
>>2012663
I'm pretty sure this is "Japan general" and not "how to fuck prostitutes in LA/Vegas general"
>>
>>2012663
enkou was already pretty much on SNS exclusively, it's just that no tourist/gaijin is ever going to get girls that way
>>
How does one into the work holiday visa? Do you sign up and get a designated place to work, or are you expected to get that sorted before/while you apply?
If luck treats me well, ill be going to japan for the first time next year, just hoping to check everything out and maybe make a friend or two(unlikely considering my character) for a month. Then maybe again during that year or the year after that i want to invoke the workholiday visa to see if i can stomach an actual life there for residency purposes.
What is there in japan for a failed engineer turned computerscience major who is unclear on his future, in terms of jobs?
>>
>>2012336
January 2020
>nightmare stories from Wuhan and Shanghai
>Abe lets Chinese people into Tokyo to buy masks and send them back to China
February 2020
>things get worse in China
>Abe continues to let people from China come to Japan to buy masks
>there are no more masks in the Tokyo area
March 2020
>people in Tokyo start to get worried about covid
>Japan decides to ban Chinese people from entering the country after two months of letting the infected in
April 2020
>schools shut down
>but not businesses, not restaurants, not izakayas, not clubs, not public transportation, everyone else continues business as usual
>the magic plastic screens go up
May 2020
>schools reopen
>business as usual
Lets be real here, if what you said is true than the real fuck up here was Shinzo Abe, who sat around fingering his asshole for months before the "pandemic" and let flights directly from Wuhan land in Tokyo. Luckily, covid isn't the deadly disease people like to believe it is. The GoTo Campaign didn't cause any problems, it only sent mixed messages and made the government seem even more incompetent. No one died or got infected as a direct result of GoTo. World governments like in England the US are already deciding that this summer things will go back to normal, and not because of vaccines, not because of deaths, they're just deciding to do it.
>>
File: 1597192233589.jpg (83 KB, 740x526)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>2010634
you're not too old to be a JET bro, ppl in their 40's apply to the program sometimes. Give it a shot, even if your nihongo sucks.

I'm 22 and trying rly hard to get my ADD in line so I can get into school and focus on getting a BA. You can do it, I believe in you.
>>
>>2013123
>ADD
You better be careful about that, because most of the drugs used in the treatment of ADHD (stimulants) are illegal in Japan.
>>
>>2013125
I intend on trying out low dose stimulus meds or the non stimulus medication and then hammering down on myself to change my lifestyle. Half of it is medication and half of it is discipline. I've gotten myself a steady job where I can pay rent and save money. I just need to fine tune myself where I can do school work and study.

I do appreciate the wise words, though, Anon. I'm gonna give this whole Japan thing my everything.
>>
>>2013123
>>2013127
Also I've been meaning to ask on here, is there any website that you can input the cities with the dates and it'll arrange hotels for you? I've been considering " TripMasters" but to be quite honest, all the shit i've read about them online sounds like they're a pretty dodgy company.

I'd do all this shit by myself but because of what I imagine to be my ADD acting up I end up getting bad headaches when factoring in prices and dates. I start off real excited to be finally planning the big trip and then i'm sat there with all these numbers and dates mixed up wondering why there isn't an expert to help me with it. I hear all about travel agents, but most of those fuckers expect upwards of 5k.

If this was just me traveling it wouldn't be an issue. I'd just save a metric fuck ton and baldandbankrupt the shit. However, I'm going to be traveling with my girlfriend and she's not like that. Anyone have any good ideas?
>>
>>2013130
Pretty much every hotel booking website does this shit for you. If you're booking multiple hotels then use a spreadsheet or something, God damn.
>>
>>2013137
I was referring to multiple hotels, as well as transportation between cities. Hadn't thought about a spreadsheet, though. Will try that.

This is my first time actually traveling, I'm not too experienced.
>>
>>2013130
Those are called travel agents and have been a thing for fucking decades, man.
>>
>>2010634
>Is there anything I could study that would make me attractive as an immigrant around age 35 once I graduate and have some cash on hand, or am I just too old for this shit now?
Software engineering and information technology. Some niche engineering fields (you can look these up). Maybe Japanese or English for teaching. Another guy said nursing but I don’t know about that one although it makes sense. Fwiw I’m 28. I do have my degree but realistically I’ll be like 30 before I got there. Yeah, it does feel like something I should’ve done 6 years ago but don’t feel bad. I presume you’re w Westerner. If so, this is how shit is for us now. You’re almost guaranteed to stumble through at least your mid-20s.
>>
Yes please, more white people in Japan so they can spread their retardation and turn the country into another western shithole they fled from to begin with
>>
>>2013255
See latter half of second paragraph
>>
>>2013433
It's a decent working system during normal times
ALTs and language school students make no significant impact and eventually give up and return home after realizing they're not wanted and not worth anything
The ones who stick around are typically decently skilled and prefer to keep Japan the way it is because they figured out how to assimilate
>>
>>2013433
>muh japan purity
shut up virgin
>>
>>2013450
>t. nigger
>>
>>2013433
I'm going to tell my seven hapa daughters that they have the spirit of the samurai in their blood, and if they so much as doodle the letters B and L and M in a notebook I'll send them to an inner city school in Chicago until they beg to come back home.
>>
How does the deer park in nara look now that all the shitty tourists are gone?
>>
>>2013123
Sorry for the slow reply,
>ppl in their 40's apply to the program sometimes
Thanks, but do they actually get in?
I doubt a mid-30s guy is very competitive.

>>2013273
>You’re almost guaranteed to stumble through at least your mid-20s.
I mean, I'm generally a fuckup, but the tertiary education industry trapped so many kids the past few decades; it shouldn't be legal to saddle someone with no concept of money (like most teenagers) with $10k's in debt and no guarantee of a job.

Anyway I'll have a look into IT: I just worry because "Learn to code" is quoted so often these days it's become a meme. I'm terrified of spending all that time studying something only to be noncompetitive (and therefore worthless) in the job market. That and I'm really bad at maths so programming in general is daunting. This is why I'm drawn to nursing, but upon researching it chances are I'll be stuck working in underfunded care homes for pennies.
Fuck man I don't know.
>>
>>2005511
>you should consider getting a bachelor’s degree in the country
Not that anon but can you expand? Where would you start? I’m a 23 yr old freelance d/ic/klet with $150k in savings but no magic education degree beyond a foundation art diploma (toilet paper)
>>
Tokyo Geidei arts university- any good? How is art education in Nippon?

By comparison Western euro arts education is pretty abysmal and lacking in both prestige, networking and content (unless you attend a super-expensive and rigid atelier or a handful of private industry pipeline places like Gobelins)
>>
>>2013745
The deer are scattering from lack of feeding and becoming nuisances, though apparently their diets are improving from not eating shitty rice crackers 18 hours a day.
>>
>>2013785
Art education is the same everywhere: regular art schools are the random soul searching scribbles on paper bull shit, and if you ever want to learn anything, you go to schools that teach directly for industry (mostly digital) or ateliers (mostly physical).
>>
>>2013752
Yes, they do. Even people in their 50’s get in every now and then. The Japanese consider you young until about 40, but even so, if you’re 40 and a competent enough English teacher, do really well in the interview, have a bunch of academic accolades, then you have a shot against younger people in their 20’s. You however don’t need to worry about all that. If you’ve got BA and you’re wanting to go into JET then shoot your shot. Even if they don’t accept you now you can always reapply.

I’ve read way too much online about this shit and I even met a JET on /ck/ that gave me some really good advice a few months back. The point is — if you want this Japan shit bad enough, then it shouldn’t matter if you get shot down. Even if you do, just get back up and try again. Or apply for companies that assign teachers. Try Jobsinjapan.com. Or gaijinpot. There’s a plethora of resources online for this shit, you just gotta go get it.

I want you to succeed bro. I know you will!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.