[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 83 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Has Brexit fucked London forever? What city will be the next international melting pot 10-15 years from now that’s still worth raising a family in?
>>
I'm sure your preteen daughters will love relocating to Amsterdam, Berlin or Paris.
>>
>>1996425
Heard Frankfurt may be on that list as well?
It’s more that I want to find a balanced city where my preteen daughters won’t feel the leave. I spent so much time blindly roaming, constantly moving trying to find the "perfect" city. It‘s fucking stupid and I’ve realized I won’t find it in the US. I should probably take advantage of my EU passport.
>>
>>1996432
Frankfurt has no soul. It is the blandest German city, hands down. It's fairly clean, so I guess that's a plus (I mean, it isn't so covered in angsty white teen graffiti as most other German cities); but it's like a prefab city. No way.

I'd only live on Chiemsee if I were to move to Germany. Summertime is great, wintertime is great, lots of quaint little dorfs, nice proximity to Salzburg...really, a perfect little place.

That said, your preteens are still going to take the train to Munich and get pounded by N. Africans. There's no escape...
>>
I loved London when I lived there, but there is no chance I would try to raise a family there
>>
>>1996422
London is expensive. Its also hugely lonely, depressing and disorientating if you don't have friends or family already there. And its full of pajeet immigrants who will visually rape your daughters and harass them at every opportunity. Stay clear if you can.
>>
>>>>1996422
>Has Brexit fucked London forever?
Yes.
>What city will be the next international melting pot 10-15 years from now that’s still worth raising a family in?
London won't be replaced by one city. More of a puddle splash effect to Amsterdam, Berlin, Vienna, Paris, Rome, take your pick.
>>
>>1996422
>What city will be the next international melting pot 10-15 years from now that’s still worth raising a family in?
lol
>>
>>1996422
toronto if ur already rich
>>
>>1996422
>Has Brexit fucked London forever

No and the concept of that is utterly delusional. The idea that some of the worlds strongest business ties, connections and infrastructure is disappearing overnight because of Brexit is just frankly false.

The city continues to have a growing and booming property market, continued investment from abroad and constant regeneration. Not to mention the fact that there are a lot of sneaky economic tactics that the govt can use which they just couldn't employ whilst in the EU. In many ways, the city now has a massive advantage in terms of who it can pull in and what it can do compared to before.

I'm not saying that Brexit doesn't have it's drawbacks, but if we're talking about an actual tangible negative effect we're talking a slow decline over 20 odd years, who the fuck knows what the rest of Europe could look like by then. Paris in 2041? Whew, don't even make me imagine. Not to mention, if that does happen then what? The city goes from A++ to A+ in terms of world rankings? Big fucking deal. It won't affect me, it won't affect you. I can almost certainly guarantee it.

One of the major realities though, is what makes London an international melting pot more than anything is the fact that it's an English speaking city which is more prevalent around the world than any other language in human history. People don't want to learn French or German to do basic business and finances. It's a simple reality that most people don't want to accept and it's always going to be a fundamental advantage that London has over anywhere in Europe.

The reality is, what makes London special isn't going away soon, as much as salty Europeans and spiteful remoaners want that to be the case.

>>1996543
>London won't be replaced by one city. More of a puddle splash effect to Amsterdam, Berlin, Vienna, Paris, Rome, take your pick.
This is so unbelievably false it's unreal lmao.
>>
Milan is pretty sick, anyone who disagrees is gay
>>
>>1996624
I lived there my entire life, it's a shithole
>>
>>1996422
>>1996425
>>1996432
All of those places are fucked up, just like all big cities. My parents moved away from London because it wasn't safe for their young kids - in the 80s. Frankfurt isn't exactly big obviously but it's still shitty and rough as fuck in the centre around the hauptbahnhof - I suppose this applies to most German cities.

Raising a family in a big city is not worth it. Unironically somewhere like Glasgow would be better, or a central/eastern Euro city like Budapest or something
>>
>>1996627
You must be poor.
And don't get angy fra, i am as well and i hate it there, but the place has definitely some appeal if you have money to spare.
>>
>>1996422
London was already shit wtf are you talking about?? London is no place to raise a family.

t. lived in London my whole life
>>
>>1996422
Cultural centres are never a good place to raise a family.

Cultural centres are made where cheap and dense housing exists for young people to mix. In the west homeowner associations etc generally block new investments into high rises so I guess the answer will be found elsewhere.
>>
I don't know but I will be going there to run a mok in 2022 hurry up and vaccinate britbongs
>>
>>1996627
>lived there my entire life, it's a shithole
sounds pretty cucked anon, why not move?
>>
>>1996929
Even those little towns just outside London? I know houses in those areas aren't cheap but I'd hope I'm financially capable by then.
>>
>>1996603
Nice rant man, I loved the passionate defense. I would say people who want to have that white aristocratic life can always curate that at home. If you must have children in London at least elite school them to get them out of most of the darkies way.
I wish people would stop being whiny and defeatist and try thinking of all the opportunities you can find with Arabs, most Americans don't know that Arabs are fuckin crazy, the connected ones have almost unlimited money, they have hookups with the sexiest whores imaginable. Indians are a almost essential asset to anyone trying to make a tech company. Africans got a lot of different exotic hookups and are fun to play sports with.

Or just live a boring whites only life in the country where you farm corn or some shit. Just take control of your life whatever you do.
>>
>>1997049
The entire commuter belt is just London Lite at this point and has the same problems. You need to be at least 1.5 hours away from London to be in a nice area, assuming your housing budget isn't multiple millions.
>>
>>1996422
What about other cities in the UK? Native British are a minority in all big cities in the UK?
>>
>>1997399
No. None are as bad as London. Birmingham is next then Manchester. There are medium cities more diverse than Manchester but they weren’t so appealing before.
No city over 100k is only white but it’s not super diverse everywhere. There are some high white majority post industrial shitholes too.

Newcastle Bristol York Cambridge are all nice in England. In England all the diversity is concentrated in a central rectangle in the country. The peripheries of the country are still mostly white.
Edinburgh and Glasgow are mostly Scottish still, Glasgow had some of the worst whites but many parts had been gentrifying the tourist areas and uni area are very nice.
>>
>>1997500
But aren't whites becoming a minority in big cities of UK? And what about small towns and the countryside.
>>
>>1996432
Recently was in Frankfurt last summer. As a german I can tell you 1/3 is homeless drug addicts 1/3 african refugee niggers 1/3 arabs. Also a few bankers which all look the same. The center around the train stations looks like that atleast. The further you go away from that the more german and less grafiti and trashed it gets. But still, I was offered drugs 4 times when I arrived, not an evironment for kids.
>>
>>1997061
>there’s gangs of pedophiles operating unimpeded and I have to pay reparations now but thank god I get to play sports with niggers!
>>
>>1996422
What would it even be? These “international melting pots” seem to only pop up in Western countries. So right now, you’ve got London, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, and maybe San Francisco all of which are rapidly getting worse and hardly good for a raising a family. I think if anything, it will just decentralize into many Western cities, with London and American cities still being the most prominent.
>>
>>1997932
>becoming a minority
not even remotely close to happening. maybe in a century, but if migrants caused people to lash out repeatedly to force brexit I doubt you are going to see those peak trends ever happen again.

Britain is still eighty percent white British and still the majority of migrants are coming from CANZUK, USA and the continent.
>>
>>1998066
I am not talking about UK but the big cities in the UK
>>
>>1997993
How is the scene in Germany, I hope Germany stays German forever.
>>
>>1998047
Arguably the entire New World is an international melting pot, just the parts that don't have enough whites don't have a chance of becoming wealthy. I think what we will find is that the "melting pot Western city" was a 20th century phenomenon that dragged on a little into the 21st century where cities that were formerly essentially 100% white became accessible by air travel and were too wealthy and comfortable to resist immigration but it is bursting at the seams and its time is over. In the future, all cities above 100k population will be delapidated crime-ridden hellholes similar to any present-day Latin American city and whites will be out in the suburbs or countryside working from home. This was already going to happen anyway but covid accelerated it some years. I think we're still centuries away from there being impetus to massively increase birthrates and form a new frontier (maybe Antarctica, Greenland or Mars, or something new happening where Patagonia, Russia and Canada are) that would create a big white city again. The only first world cities in the latter half of the 21st century will be the authoritarian ones in East Asia.
>>
>>1998071
>I hope Germany stays German forever.
Anon, I...
>>
>>1998105
Didn't get you
>>
>>1998075
I think it’s an American and English phenomenon. Think about it. English is still the lingua franca of global commerce. English speaking countries are where the money is made. For that reason alone, they’re basically sinks for immigration and that’s why New York and London are probably the world’s 2 foremost international cities. Basically, I don’t really see anything changing as long as English is the lingua franca. So either something replaces it and it all moves there, or English just loses its stranglehold on global economy and it decentralizes or fades away. Most likely, it will just be more of the same for cities like London, New York, Chicago, etc. and they’ll just outpace every other city. Nothing really changes.
>>
>>1998185
What built these cities wasn't the English language, it was English genetics. New York is named after an English city because it was settled early by English people. If you want to know where the future is, do not follow the English language. Follow English genetics.
>>
>>1998225
>Follow English genetics.
So into the grave?

But really, I’m just thinking about immigration logically. You can’t deny one of the biggest reasons that London and New York are the world’s foremost international cities is because they’re in English speaking countries. Had it been French, the biggest international city would probably be Paris. It perpetuates itself at this point.
>>
File: 1475267542958.jpg (88 KB, 853x480)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>1998177
Germany is one of the fastest changing countries in the west right now, thanks to Angela "wir schaffen das" Merkel. And not for the better, that I can tell you.
So it will definitely not stay German for much longer.
>>
>>1998070
Only London has a non-white majority. Britain as a whole is not expected to become majority non-white before 2080 at the earliest.
>>
>>1998070
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_districts_by_ethnicity
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_urban_areas_in_the_United_Kingdom
If you look on the list of Districts by ethnicity, most are still very white (compared to north america) almost all low ones are london districts or neighbors, or midlands cities
London isn't listed as the entire city, but by each district - many of the wealtheir ones are around 70% white. But this is 2011 data.
Birmingham - 52% white, better than toronto and nyc
(but rotherham is like 94% so what does it even matter)
>>
>>1996624
>Milan is pretty sick, anyone who disagrees is gay
But anon, gays love Milan.
>>
How do I pick up girls in England when I am a mid 30s loner from Australia, but still good looking...
>>
>>1999585
english girls are slags, it'll be easy
just pick them up the same way you would back home....
>>
>>1999591
I don't have weeks to organise a meeting on Hinge haha
>>
>>1999591
>I am a mid 30s loner
>just pick them up the same way you would back home
Kek.
>>
>>1997061
You're showing off your foreskin ring too much Schlomo, shut it fucking down
>>
File: 1587933041183s.jpg (43 KB, 491x491)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>1997061
>good goy-... I mean, good friends, just let the (sand)niggers ruin your country, what could go wrong?
>>
>>1999585
You are still quite young, Countless men in their late 30s score chicks who are in their early 20s.
>>
>>1998225
>a dutch colony and a roman city that become relevant with the normans
must be fun being historically illiterate
>>
>>1999585
They are biggest whores on the planet and love foreign accents, especially American or Australian. Just go to any pub on a Friday or weekend and its a done deal for you.
>>
>>2000051
Is this in England? I noticed England seems more liberal to age gaps than Australia where everyone dates everyone the same age. My last GF was 25 and from the UK, we had 9 years and I want to keep dating that age group even though I am getting older and I prefer English girls.
>>
I’m wholly convinced most people who shit on London have never visited the place. The city feels incredibly fucking safe, for a megacity of 8 million people even more so.

The place is full of fucking amazing bars, restaurants, shopping, cafes, music, museums, parks, great entertainment, so on and so fourth- which brings me on to the second type of person this city infuriates which is poorfags.

Of course it’s a shit place when you literally can’t afford to visit anywhere or if you’re too much of a loner/autist to visit any of the bars or restaurants, which London has some of the best selection of in the entire world outside NYC and Tokyo.

The other thing that amuses me is when people talk about how there’s no white people in London. That might be the case in a shitty outer borough that you’re never going to step into, but in central london it’s literally all white people. Not to mention the swarms of white folks who live outside of London who go there for the weekend like me or the people who work/spend a lot of time there but live in another city. Truth be told the majority of people earning a lot of money in London do not live in the city. Don’t be mistaken, a LOT do, a lot do not.

I’m usually the first person to shit on cities in the UK but I just can’t with London because I simply enjoy the place too much.

AMA on London
>>
>>2000999
How bad is the rent situation actually?
From what I heard the ridiculous rents have sterilized huge chunks of the city quite effectively and turned it into a place mostly for tourists and rich pricks.
>>
>>2000375
probably because london is expensive af so women date older men
>>
>>2001052
Pretty bad
A 1br apartment in a shitty commuter suburb on the outskirts of the city will set you back about £850 pm
And yeah most areas are overwhelmingly corporate now, even 'counterculture' areas are just people selling goth tat or overpriced vegan food/marked up vintage clothes
>>
>>2001052
Of course that's the case, I mean, would you expect Manhattan or some other dead-centre prime real estate location full of all the most interesting shit to be for poorfags? At the end of the day people are willing to pay a LOT to live there for a reason. The rent costs just don't pop out of thin air you know..

I'm not sure what sanitised means though, I genuinely don't believe any part of London feels sanitised to tell you the truth, some people might disagree with me there.

A family member of mine lived in South London, they're pretty well-off financially but I have no idea what their apartment cost- anyway, The place gave me really small town/small city vibes, with lots of local pubs and small locally run cafes. Definitely not catered to tourists. People there felt very down to earth and normal from what I could tell.
>>
>>2000999
>AMA on London
can you still wander around Camden and have food stalls offer you free bits of chicken?
or do you need to look like a tourist or a fat guy for that to happen (luckily thats me)
maybe they are offering pieces that would be thrown out i duno, but it was nice i remember
>>
>>2000999
t. lives in the west
>>
>>2001067
This
>>
>>1996425
No Berlin and no Paris. I don’t want my kids to get “culturally enriched”. I would say a comfy Midwest suburb where if someone touches your kids you can beat them half to death and the government doesn’t care.
>>
>>2002054
I will touch your kids and there won't be a single thing you can do about it.
>>
>>2002090
Not if I molest you first
>>
>>1999920
i don't get the /pol/ shit ops right, many of the most brilliant engineers come from india, and some of the slickest businessmen from africa. Now the arabs are just lucky.
>>
>>1999585
Im Canadian wit a good ol' accent dare eh and it wasnt any problem scoopin dem chicks dare.
>>
>>1996422
Nah. Forex is still based in London - just means some of the crazy financial pressure can be taken off. Most of London's money is washed blood money from the overseas territories anyway.
>but brexit
Mostly just means we'll be surrounded by imported pajeets rather than europeans. Thanks brexiters.
>What city will be the next international melting pot 10-15
LA.
>worth raising a family in
Pretty much anywhere else in western europe you can find a job. Life in the UK is not well suited to raising children, bullying rates are through the roof and violent crimes are sky high plus even rich kids have a 50/50 chance of becoming an anti-social, tracksuited thug. London sort of negates this by pricing a lot of scum out of the city. France seems to be a good bet, spain's fine if you can fford private school.
>where then?
Every time I've been to America I've been blown away by how relatively mature and community minded the children are compared to europeans.
>>
>>1996929
Also this. If you don't have at least £1m to drop on a house you're not going to live anywhere that's family-friendly and not an hour away.
>>
>>1997500
Manchester is weird, it's all just split up into ethnic ghettos.
>>
>>2000999
To be fair I actually think London is a bit shit to visit, there's loads of attractions but they're all quite far - the food and drink near them is overpriced and awful and the off-beat tourist traps like Camden market are heaving.
I think it's an amazing city to live in but i'm not sure I'd recommend anyone take a trip here without a guide.
>>
>>2001097
>I'm not sure what sanitised means though, I genuinely don't believe any part of London feels sanitised to tell you the truth, some people might disagree with me there.
Mayfair. Beautiful but have a walk around and look for corner shops or newsagents or little supermarkets or sandiwch shops or other stuff that makes plces liveable.
>>
>>2001097
>At the end of the day people are willing to pay a LOT to live there for a reason.
Lmao, that does not work in the UK. Most people who are here are here because they are monolingual and have no other options. They pay a lot because insufficient housing supply leaves no choice.
>>
>>2002270
Chinese and Indians are the sickest businessman in the UK.
>>
>>2002449
>London sort of negates this by pricing a lot of scum out of the city.
This is absolutely not true. London is full of poor people, they just share a house or flat with 5 other people, often strangers. For various reasons many of the scummiest people actually have good incomes in any case.
>>
>>2002493
Having lived in a lot of cities around the UK - London was the nicest and safest by far so long as you avoid the shitty areas. The "omg you'll be stabbed" fears are hugely overplayed.
The acid attacks were a little troubling but that was mostly don to the Met pretending to be "woke" for a few years but just letting people get away with crimes as opposed to say - tackling racism.
>>
>>2002461
Hard disagree. What do you mean the food and drink is "awful". I've never had anything but a great meal in London, I have no idea what you're complaining about.

>>2002463
Mayfair is a tiny area with some of the highest cost per meter amounts in the entire world, let alone London, and despite that there are still lots of great cafes and bars. There's a small fish and chip shop there too which is pretty good too, I personally fucking love Mayfair, I don't understand the complaint.

>>2002475
English is the international lingua franca, if anything it's the complete opposite. English speakers can basically live anywhere around the world with relative ease, whilst if you're from a foreign nation you actively have to learn a completely new language to move there. Your German is completely and utterly worthless in London whereas your English in Berlin will get you places.

Not to mention, I'm not even talking about London as a whole, I'm talking about zone 1 central London. People pay an exorbitant premium to live in that area for a reason.

>>2002479
Brown hands typed this

>>2002502
This.
>>
>>2002517
>Hard disagree. What do you mean the food and drink is "awful". I've never had anything but a great meal in London, I have no idea what you're complaining about.
Same, but that's because I know where to go. Everywhere adjacent to tourist traps is usually a bit crap and overpriced and I don't think it's obvious where all of the nice stuff is if you don't know your way around the city.
>>
>>2002517
>Brown hands typed this
I ain't brown, but I have worked with Chinese and Indians. The indeed are the slickest businessman, proof is right in front of your eyes.
>>
>>1996422
>Has Brexit fucked London
We are objectively living under a "medical" tyranny and have communist China style laws against freedom of assembly and open censorship of anti-state narratives, especially to do with lockdowns and the justification for this mass rollout of a vaccine admitted to still be in its phase 3 trial. The economy has been devastated by government intervention, with many small businesses killed off and many of those who have survived being told that they are subject to arbitrary draconian shut downs, as well as enforced dependence on the state and its furlough payments having no alternative legal means of income.

In the specific case of London, young people (aside from the ones making big money in the city) put up with ridiculous rents and loads of crime because there was a lot going on. If you are some kid working in a cafe, pub or office, you consoled yourself that 50% of your post tax wages go to your rent for a shitty bedroom in a big house with the fact that London is "glamorous" and "cool".
But now they're just locked in their cramped bedsits with nothing going on. Rent is more than 50% of your income if you're furloughed. They are miserable.
>but nooooo Brexit did all this damage
>Brexit is a catastropheeee
It wasn't Brexit that did any of this.

Also, when Lenin and Mao took iron grips on Russia and China they didn't say "we're bad bastards and we are going to exterminate a lot of you". They said "we're moral people and we are taking over to protect you from something bad". And even our political pseudo-science in the media has a precedent: Lysenkoism in the Soviet Union.

Whether or not you agree with me, Brexit is objectively basically irrelevant in our lives, especially when compared to the response to Covid. The only people that the corporate media has more contempt for than ordinary mongs like me who see through their nonsense are the ordinary mongs who believe it.
>>
>>2002493
>This is absolutely not true. London is full of poor people, they just share a house or flat with 5 other people, often strangers
There is also a massive amount of social housing, with a resentful, bored, angry and extremely violent underclass. A wise person stays away from their neighbourhoods, especially at night.
They're never happy of course. The free stuff they get for doing nothing is never enough.

>>2002502
>The acid attacks were a little troubling but that was mostly don to the Met pretending to be "woke" for a few years but just letting people get away with crimes
It is understood they still allow crimes to happen. Drug dealing is everywhere in London. You often smell weed on the street, even in some of the expensive parts of town.
And police hands-offishness is part of the story with the knife crime. The cops know there are gangs, they know the gangs want to kill each other, they know the ethnic communities do not want the cops involved, they know if they intervene they may be stabbed or lose their career due to perceived racism in dealing with violent gang members, so they stay out of it as much as possible. And once a "promising young student" is bleeding out in the street after being observed selling drugs on the wrong side of the street by some of his enemies, then the cops show up and an ambulance takes him to hospital. Taxpayer foots the bill, of course.

>as opposed to say - tackling racism.
Wait, what? What more "tackling racism" do you need? One racist comment and your career is over. There are thousands of police whose job it is to monitor social media and harass people who say things like "trannies aren't women, simple as". The head of the Met is a lesbian. There is no moral or intellectual foundation to what you're saying at all. Get your head out of your arse.
>>
If you and your gf have a combined household income £100k+ then London is great. The people who complain about London live in the shit areas and not the good ones. Life in Richmond/Clapham/Hampstead is great for example. It's hard for most people to reach this level, but if you are a Senior Software Engineer dating a data analyst then this is a great city to live in and think about having a family.
>>
If you’re not Asian, you’re shit out of luck is pretty much what I think. All of Europe will be better off than America at least I think. Maybe it’s time to start thinking about leaving permanently.
>>
>>2003474
And you don’t realize how stupid that is? 10% of an entire city is actually desirable so everyone wants to live there and the price skyrockets, making even the shitty neighborhoods more expensive than they would be otherwise. What about that says “good city to raise a family in” to you?
>>
>>2003491
Don't be a poorfag while you raise a family. Easy
>>
>>2003494
What’s crazy is you’re serious.
>>
>>2003474
>Richmond
Lotta black kids hanging out at those bus stops after school.
Nothing to worry about, I'm sure!
>>
>>2000999
I live in London.
80% of the city looks like Third World slum, at the same it is expensive as if the mouldy rooms full of damp are made from gold and diamonds.
Food is shit, because every cook wants to change job for better paying one so nobody stays in the same place for long.
Transport is Metro 2033 tier, sure you get anywhere but there is a fog of shirt, dirty and skin particles that you CAN SEE WITH YOUR OWN EYES.
I saw an "engineer" taking shit on Oxford Circus street and nobody even minded this, they accepted this as normal part of their day.
You can see heroin and meth addicts crawling on the streets daily.
Police don't care about crime or drugs.
>>
>>1996603
>>1996603
I am a Londoner and the city is simply put a shithole.
Even Mayfair is starting to look run down and is full of drug dealers
>>
>>1996627

Milan is a shithole only if you're poor. If you're upper middle class it's the nicest major city in Italy.
>>
>>2003257
Slickest as in slime?
>>
>>1996422
Faggot if you have money you can make it work anywhere. If you cannot afford private schools etc then you are a poor nigger and there is no way you could have a decent life in pre brexit London so your post is retarded.
>>
>>2003647
This is bait lol
>>
>>2001052
Keeps the shitskins away. What’s the problem ?
>>
Foreigners and their obsession with London is bizarre when most English people regard it as hell on earth.
>>
>>2003741
wealthy shitskins
>>
>>2003673
Experts, great businessman etc.
>>
>>2001052
Many of the once beautiful areas of central London, like Knightsbridge, are now full of flats that are held as investments by the international rich. You go to Knightsbridge and there is fuck all going on. Just a throng of tourists, with the Chinese particularly well represented. Harrod, some luxury hotels and car dealerships. And Arabic restaurants for when the owners of the flats fancy a break from LA or Dubai.
There are still some well off parts that function. Ealing, for example. Lots of old white boomers still around, some nice pubs and restaurants. Plus trendy shit that the boomers' kids like. But Ealing Broadway and Ealing Common are shit holes. Lots of the nouveau riche in the area don't look after their big houses either and there is rubbish all over some of the roads from when the foxes get at the bin bags they leave outside their houses. The underclass is well represented there too, hanging around outside chicken shops, fat black women pushing prams about, druggies on benches...
If you are moving to London without being rich, the rent situation is hard. If you want to be near some of the unis, for example, then like £1200/mo for a bedroom in a shared house, for an area that isn't that dangerous at night yet. Some young people just live in shit areas, some do enormous commutes on the tube instead. Being able to avoid this journey has significantly contributed to the striking popularity of lockdown among a lot of yuppies. The tube isn't cheap either, so they're saving money (don't worry about all this money printing causing inflation).
A lot of social life is still banned. If you want to go to the pub, you probably need to book in advance and pay a deposit. Bring a coat. You can't just have a nice relaxing spontaneous day wandering around any more - at least not if you want to be sure you can sit down somewhere comfy.
London is worth a visit to see the great history. Cross it off the list and then go visit a better part of the UK.
>>
>>2004094
Yeah, funny how these great and intelligent peoples' own countries are Third World shit holes eh? Must be cos of racism or something.
>>
File: a2 detour.jpg (759 KB, 1236x1640)
759 KB
759 KB JPG
>>1996603
>The idea that some of the worlds strongest business ties, connections and infrastructure

Let's start with infrastructure because that's the easiest to deboonk. London has a terrible infrastructure. I know all the consultancy firms get paid good money to place London high up on the list whenever they do one of their infrastructure and "ease of doing business" bullshit rankings and you probably got your idea from that, but anyone who has lived in London and other similar sized cities in developed countries know it has by far one of the worst infrastructures in the Western world. Not only that, it is also extremely slow at getting any significant improvement approved and built. See projects like the silvertown tunnel. It takes longer to cross London from one end to the other by car than Tokyo, New York or Chicago.

Do you want a concrete example of how bad the infrastructure is in London? Pic related. That yellow triangle is a diversion sign. It’s on the westbound A2 carriage way coming into London. You will see several signs along the way indicating lorries carrying dangerous goods should follow [yellow triangle] if they wish to go North, because those goods cannot be carried in the Dartford Crossing northbound tunnel and there are no other alternative crossings anywhere except through the far west of the M25. I have shown on the map the route you have to take from Maidstone to Grays if you happen to be delivering goods like fuel or chemicals. Nice infrastructure you got there.

Public transport is also unreliable. Maybe the Underground was the 7th wonder of the world back in the 80s but it has not seen any significant improvements to its efficiency or capacity. And it won’t anytime soon now that crossrail was put on hold. Telecoms are also shit. I’ve lived in places in zone 2 with poor reception, something that is unthinkable in any large city even in some third world countries.
>>
>>1996422
New York City is a no-joke good city to raise kids in. Have dozens of friends in NYC with families having a good time.

I can’t speak to Brexit’s impact on London; my friends in London still love the place, and I always like to visit, but it appeals to me more without my kids, and my friends with kids live in the suburbs.
>>
>>2004131
Yet they outperform whites in white countries, there countries are 3rd world die to various reasons, corruption, corrupt politicians for example. You are forgetting Asian countries are rising and Asian century is a reality.
>>
File: DSCN4412[1].jpg (108 KB, 488x1024)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>1996603

London was insignificant as a financial centre before Thatcher. And she was an anomaly within the her party. Her more radical reforms didn’t kick in until her second term super majority in 1983. From 1979 until then all she achieved were a few budget cuts and measures to lower inflation. Unemployment was so high she probably wouldn’t have won the 83 landslide had it not been for the popularity boost she got from the Falklands war. Home ownership amongst the middle class was practically unheard of before her right to buy scheme. What kind of financial hub struggles to offer mortgages to its own market?

Neither the tories nor labour are exactly pro-business, pro-capitalist parties. Britain got lucky in the sense that not only was the system drastically changed by Thatcherism but that the period also coincided with us joining the EU, so subsequent Prime Ministers like Major or Blair had their hands tied when it came to acting on their socialist instincts.

The EU for all it’s flaws is ultimately a trading bloc and as such imposes the basic requirement that member states have to adhere to capitalist principles. So the issue isn’t so much that Brexit will damage London’s position as a financial hub, but rather that the absence of EU oversight will allow the UK government a free hand on the country’s economic system, and if you think that will mean moving towards lower taxes, fewer red tape and more economic freedoms you’re in for a rude awakening. Here we are with a conservative majority government and a PM who is largely considered to be on the more “libertarian” wing of the party. Did Boris Johnson or any of his ministers ever indicate we’re headed to a freer economy? All they talk about are stealth taxes coming in under the guise of fighting climate change, promoting healthier living, more regulation, more state interference. The UK gov is a hungry beast and the irony is the only thing keeping it from going full 1970 was the EU.
>>
>>1996422
>city
>worth raising a family in
lol
>>
>>2004064
It’s no different for Paris or New York. Go to Japan and Japanese people if they think New York is cool. They’ll say yes. Then they go there and find out it’s a dirty mess and they feel like they’re going to get mugged then they’re over it.
>>
>>2004165
>Yet they outperform whites in white countries
Two big reasons.
The first one is that these communities disproportionately contain the more able and affluent from those countries.
The second is that because of our diversity shit.

>there countries are 3rd world die to various reasons, corruption, corrupt politicians
Yes, the Chinaman and the poo are good at grifting and gaming systems.
But because they are both heartless bastards, they are unable to build societies.
They're good at being parasites in established societies set up by better cultures though.

>You are forgetting Asian countries are rising and Asian century is a reality.
kek, been hearing that one for a while Chang
>>
>>2004185
>London was insignificant as a financial centre before Thatcher
laughably ignorant comment, no need to read the rest
>>
>>2004185

>All they talk about are stealth taxes coming in under the guise of fighting climate change, promoting healthier living, more regulation, more state interference

I see that the UK politicians, too, use newspeak. How doubleplus ungood
>>
>>2005163
LSE had 1/13 the turnover of NYE before the big bang and foreign ownership wasn't even allowed. Britain was by every metric a soviet-tier cesspit between the end of WW2 and Thatcher's second term. Carry on with your daydream of Singapore-On-Thames because Ho Chi Minhshire is all you're getting from the modern British political establishment.
>>
>>2004165
>You are forgetting Asian countries are rising and Asian century is a reality.
prosperity for the oligarchs
is someone able to be a successful professional?
>>
>>2005161
>Two big reasons.
>The first one is that these communities disproportionately contain the more able and affluent from those countries.
>The second is that because of our diversity shit.
Huge cope there, the people who migrated from South Asia or East Asia were from impoverished labour class.

>Yes, the Chinaman and the poo are good at grifting and gaming systems.
>But because they are both heartless bastards, they are unable to build societies.
Chinaman and poo actually Excel in whatever field they take up, they have much better morals, values. They are honourable and respectful. Heartless? ROFL, Westerners/europeans are the most heartless on Earth with no morals, values, honour, gratitude etc. No wonder Westerners committed so many atrocities on innocent people in South East Asia or middle East. Actually Chinaman and poo both have built the greatest societies in history and they will again do it in the future because they are not heartless bastards like Westerners/europeans, corrupt politicians are the ones holding them back.

>They're good at being parasites in established societies set up by better cultures though.
european Culture is actually gutter in front of Chinese or Indian culture in reality, always have been. Chinese and Indians both Excel in whatever field they take up, they outperform whites all the time. Indians and Chinese have built the greatest societies on Earth in history of mankind. Westerners/whites have never built better societies or even societies at par with Chinese or Indian societies. The real parasites are Westerners who have looted all the wealth, knowledge and technology from other cultures.

>kek, been hearing that one for a while Chang
You are under a huge slumber, Asia is indeed rising, and Asian century is a reality, what you think doesn't matter.
I ain't Chinaman Neither a poo, looks like truth has triggered you, keep coping, now go back to your stormfront forum, ugly fat white supremacist basement dwelling pig.
>>
>>2005404
>Westerners/europeans are the most heartless on Earth with no morals, values, honour, gratitude etc
hey guys lets move there!
>>
>>2005409
Of course, since 3rd worlders have no option, Their countries were all destroyed by Westerners, Westerners should not have bombed middle East or South East Asia or destroyed Africa.
>>
London is an Indian cesspit.
>>
>>1996538
>London is expensive. Its also hugely lonely, depressing and disorientating
Spot on.
>>
>>2005411
>Your country is so shit you got eternally BTFO by supposedly inferior nations and people, much less in size and population, to the point where you're so eternally deflated you must scurry to said nations and integrate yourself and your family in that culture even after hundreds and hundreds of years later.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA. Cope more, please.
>>
>>1996422
>ext international melting pot 10-15 years from now
>that’s still worth raising a family in?
Pick one. Also the answer is always Singapore,
>>
>>1998075
this seems like the logical evolution that I prescribe to as well bc we are already seeing it, but as we know nothing makes sense anymore. Up is down and down is up. Expect the unexpected...blah blah blah.

Melting Pot ideology was/is ideological subversion at it's finest that was able to unwittingly employ useful idiots in the form of teachers to spread its active measures which helped destabilize the West esp in countries like Sweden and France. The US was already full of n3gr0ids prior to the 1980s but it def turned the majority of millennials into cucks even more so than there Gen X parents who went from hippies to corporate f@ggots. I think the Zoomers and Alphas have a chance to change the direction of this New World Order. We will see. I'm cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>2007199
Singapore will be underwater in 10-15 years.
>>
>>2007207
It wasn’t that full. New York was almost 70% European in 1970, you know, when your parents and grandparents lived in New York. Today, it’s less than half that if I recall.
>>
>>2007209
>. New York was almost 70% European in 1970,
LOL. No
>>
File: westminsterabbey_.jpg (1019 KB, 875x656)
1019 KB
1019 KB JPG
>>2005188
>LSE had 1/13 the turnover of NYE before the big bang and foreign ownership wasn't even allowed
The international financial network was set up by the City. They hide the extent of their operations and the credulous don't realise it.

>Carry on with your daydream of Singapore-On-Thames
Remainer talking point. I am not under the illusion that the City of London works for me. I think you take the fake news a bit too seriously.

>>2005404
>people who migrated from South Asia or East Asia were from impoverished labour class.
Not entirely, there were merchants fleeing communism too, for example. And the ones you refer to are the most enterprising ones, prepared to move across the planet to try to do better. Not your typical coolies. To their credit, they realised that if they just play by the rules, they can have a higher standard of living. They worked hard and saved in a society built by other men.

>Chinaman and poo actually Excel in whatever field they take up, they have much better morals, values~
>They are honourable and respectful
>Chinaman and poo both have built the greatest societies in history
>european Culture is actually gutter in front of Chinese or Indian culture
Absurd nonsense.
Our cathedrals alone destroy anything your people have ever created on their own, and they go back hundreds of years.
Look at pic related, this is Westminster Abbey. It is superior to anything any Chinaman has ever conceived of, ever. And it was built hundreds of years ago.
>m-m-muh skyscrapers
Those ugly things were all built by Westerners. You just paid for it - like the Arabs.

You talk a big game, Chang, as you are brainwashed in to. But the actions of your people and in particular your nouveau riche all wanting to GTFO third world shit hole China tell any thinking person the truth. You'd be a lot happier if you just thought about how to make your shit hole better instead of trying to convince people of bullshit.
>>
>>2007247
>absurd nonsense
Westminster Abbey didn't look the way it looks today until 1722. And all you did was use Roman skills for what was there before. There are plenty of things you can talk about when it comes to India and China vs the rest, but architecture is barking up the wrong tree
>>
>>2007232
> New York City has had a largely white population, and most foreign born immigrants to the city before the end of World War II were from Europe. However, this changed in the decades after World War II, when all of the boroughs became more diverse, and when immigration from places outside Europe was increased largely due to the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965.
> New York's Hispanic population increased by almost twenty times between 1940 and 2010.
> Between 1900 and 2010, New York City's total black population increased by about thirty-five times, while its Asian population increased by over one-hundred-and-fifty times over the same period.[1]
> After immigration restrictions were passed in the 1920s, immigrants as a percentage of New York's total population dropped to 18% in 1970
> Most of the earlier immigrants to New York City were from Europe (initially from Western Europe, and then more from Eastern Europe).[5] A large percentage of the immigrants that came to New York City after 1965 were from non-European countries.
Pic related. You can find the current rate yourself. It’s 40% or lower.
>>
>>2000999
been offered the chance to transfer to london. I know no one, is it as lonely as others have said? am I going to struggle to make friends? also, where would you recommend living if you wanted to enjoy london for a few years? been looking at shoreditch and kingscross and they both seem nice for different reasons. i'm willing to pay 2k on rent
>>
>>2007280
That does not mean that they were European in the 1970s.
They were, and are, mutts.
Go acquire some stolen valor elsewhere, mr 56%
>>
>>1996603
>This is so unbelievably false it's unreal lmao.
It's already happening
>>
>>2007325
It says “non-Hispanic white” right there. What exactly do you think that is? Stop replying to me if you’re this ill-informed and can’t make a smart reply either.
>>
>>2007348
>“non-Hispanic white” right there
Not fucking European, mate
>>
>>2007379
Okay, retard.
>>
>>2007286
>am I going to struggle to make friends?
usually people make work friends - london corporate job probably has higher concentration of cunts but most people would be top lads
every post-university roastie moves there so lots of women, but there will be a few rich bros that make the competition difficult
>>
File: 1591643346277[1].jpg (40 KB, 397x380)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>2007406
>I believe I am European when I am not
>you're the retard
>>
>>2007348
>“non-Hispanic white" What exactly do you think that is?
It verbatim means: Not Spanish, nor of Spanish heritage. What did you think it ment?
>>
>>1996422
Hong Kong
>>
>>2007653
Not with the stranglehold the mainland has over it. That and china is trying to sink hong kong economically and hopes to make its own domestic cities the hub replacement.

Its utterly stupid as they would be better building on hong kong than destabalizing it but welp.
>>
>>1996422
One country: Luxembourg
if you find a good job there you're set for life. Highest salaries in the world, best social services on earth, shitload of governmental help, tons of vacation cause they're partially French (culutrally speaking).
Objectively good landscape and the city is nice.
Moreover, everyone's rich, lots of well educated people from all around the world (financial stronghold so many expats) + european iinstitutions.
Good education for the kids and super safe compared to France or Germany.
The only downside would be that the weather can be depressing at times and that life can be pretty expensive, but it does not compare to all the benefits you'd get living there
>>
File: pepe boomer.png (71 KB, 246x244)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>2008233
forgot to add that public transportation is ENTIRELY free
>>
>>1996422
I lived in London for 10 years. It's a slum. I have seen every museum in the first 3 years(yes including Wallace Collection) and used to go to VA Museum to cleanse my eyesight from the vomit stained, urine stenching streets filled with drug addicts, small time criminals, thugs, gang members, beggars, crippled mystery meat beings asking for food, tourists and smug posh people walking among shit.
There is only so much you can take, no matter how beautiful the museum is, you will eventually have to go out on the street under the grey sky and back to the mouldy damp infested room in the ghetto you currently live in.
I hate London. If I ever see it consumed in ball of nuclear fire in the news I will congratulate humanity on eradicating cancerous toxic growth from the face of the Earth.
>>
>>2007422
White, which is what it means.

>>2007418
Post skin and IQ score, dipshit.
>>
I've had a chance to live for a year in Central London, working out of the company's London office. Zone 1 apartment and everything. Never before have I met a more depressed group of coworkers, felt like everyone was living in Zone 17 and only looking forward to their annual trip to Ko Phi Phi. The immigrants were more fun to hang out with than the locals. Central London just looked like someone spilled the occupants of the Dubai airport duty free shop onto the streets. Orwellian public notices everywhere, all typeset with that same totalitarian font face. Best part about being in London? The cheap weekend flights out of there. It doesn't need a "replacement", it was replaced as the world capital by NYC in 1939. The question is: what's replacing NYC? Sadly it may be Singapore
>>
>>2008284
>Sadly it may be Singapore
?
>>
>>2008268
You're the one that believes New York was majority European in the 70s, idiot. You shouldn't request IQ scores from anyone.
>>
>>1996422
I live in London. It's alright, but very lonely, very gray, dark, and ugly. Yes, ugly. The skyline is disappointing. The streets are disappointing, everything is disappointing.

Growing up I felt bad and wished I grew up in a city with more community, friendlier people, a prettier city. I'd watch movies or look at photos of people from other cities and just feel so bad.

Right now I only bear it because I work from home and on the very edge of London where it's green. I plan to move away.

It's okay to live here but don't fucking raise a kid here.
>>
>>2008327
How do retards like you even find their way here?
>>
Vancouver or Sydney
>>
>>2009426
I wonder. I guess you hatch from swamps. How the fuck do these people believe that a white mutt = European. Real Europeans do not see anyone with a mutt passport as European.They are by definition not European. Just murikan honkeys.
>>
>>2009429
I know you’re just baiting me at this point but it’s almost believable that you’re not because a lot of you Eurotards seem to think that your birth certificate determines your genetics.
>>
>>2009429
If the only terminology that had been used were “non-hispanic white American” it would still be inadequate because it wouldn’t distinguish French from Arabs which is obviously retarded but you’d still take issue with that which ironic at best and retarded at worst. It’d be even worse if you would’ve just used blanket “American” or “white American”. This is just a sad attempt that Europeans do to be like “Nooo we’re different people! I was born in this soil and they were born on that soil! Nevermind we have to a same grandfather. The government says were different!” It’s actually sad.
>>
>>2009449
>you Eurotards seem to think that your birth certificate determines your genetics.
Genetics that have taken a detour via Europe before they ended up in the USA does not make a Stormfront mutt = European. You are an American honky. Deal with it, MAGAt
Sorry, mutt.
>>
>>2009449
If you do not have one of these, or one from a very close geographic country, you are not European End of story.
You might have some genetics from the European area + some Senegalese forced labourer sperm. Still not European. It does not work like that.
>>
>>2009460
>>2009470
> retards
>>
>>2009460
>>2009470
based

>>2009481
>>2009449
delusional
>>
>>2009460
>>2009470
>>2009484
> same person
>>
>>2009488
>t. not european
>>
>>2009470
>african-american
>asian-american
>whites
white should be called european-american. vast majority of whites in american are like europeans when it comes to genetic. culturally they are american but genetically they come from europe mostly.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/European_Ancestry_in_the_US_by_county.jpg
t. european
>>
>>2009582
They should just be called Americans but Europeans just shouldn’t be desperate morons whenever they say they’re “white” or “European” to draw distinction obviously indicates ancestry and genetics.
>>
>>2009587
it's mostly a few polcels who seethe about it and majority of it is just race baiting/trolling. i dont know anybody in europe irl who would think white americans are "mutt". it's just a /pol/ meme or banter
>>
>>2009587
but i must add that the meme also come from all the south americans/mexicans on mugshots who are labelled "whites" instead of hispanics. the whole race thing is completely retarded anyway in the usa.
>>
>>2009582
>european-american
Perhaps, but never European.
> genetically they come from europe mostly.
With some added kreatura and luz extinguido

>>2009587
>whenever they say they're white or European
Call yourself white all you want, but don't go all stolen valour unless you have a European passport

>>2009591
The polcels are surely you guys going on about your "white European heritage" while people with real heritage just shudder

>>2009597
>the whole race thing is completely retarded anyway in the usa.
Exactly. They are fucking obsessive about the concept, therefore wrong about it. Pretty much the same as their religious expressions are a larp and a bastardisation of something that came before it.

pic related. Murikan heritage
>>
>>2004137

I couldn't imagine a more depressing travel experience than in your pic.
>>
Aussie, 37, always dreamed of coming to London finally doing it next year how long do I actually stay until I split and see the rest of the country? I am a museums guy & how do I get an English girlfriend, had one before and she has streaks ahead of any Australian bushpig.
>>
>>2000999
I am weird but I couldn't live in a place with left-hand drive
>>
>>1996422
Yes, London is a void. Just a place where Russians and Arabs store wealth, there is no culture, no innovation. Its just nice restaurants and shopping. It's a kind of a Dubai with shitty areas full of blacks and muslims.
>>
>>2009912
Museums? I don't get the appeal of museums...
>>
>>2005188
The City trades way more forex than anywhere else in the world, more $ is involved than the stock exchange, thats the main reason its the financial centre
>>
>>2011100
>arts on display
It's not so hard anon
>>
File: london map.png (196 KB, 2560x1440)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
What does everyone think of my London map? Incomplete because London's so big that I haven't been everywhere nor do I intend to
>>
>>2013103
Anything south of the River is shit, but that map is bretty gud
>>
>>1996425
>Berlin
fuck off, we're absolutely full.
>>
>>2013103
richmond isnt too yuppie, what should ealing acton shepherds bush be?
>>
>>2014217
according to his map, just north of acton and shepherds you've got coping punks. idk.
>>
>>2001105
lol what ffs pay the illegal muslims for their scraps

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.