[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 23423523.png (991 KB, 910x696)
991 KB
991 KB PNG
Any of you work any remote jobs that let you live elsewhere while making livable wage? My dream is to live remotely in a cheap country where I can fuck the natives. I hear graphic design is good to get into without education. Any suggestions?
>>
bump
>>
>>1989540
>hear graphic design is good to get into without education.
Not gonna rain on your parade, but this isn't the 90s. You gotta apply yourself and gain some mad skills or other USP. Not saying that you can't make it though.
>>
>>1989540
>My dream is to live remotely in a cheap country where I can fuck the natives
>if only i lived somewhere else I wouldn’t be a pathetic autistic incel and womens pussies would be magnetized to my dick!

Kys retard
>>
>>1989540
There is already a thread about this. Delete your thread and ask your question there.
>>
>>1989673
This. I have a friend who is talented, eats lives and breathes graphic design, has his bachelors, and has mild functioning undiagnosed autism. He cuts cheese in a deli, and is constantly claiming to be "working on his portfolio because it's a really competitive field."

I'd say having a graphic design degree is equal to just having a drawing degree at this point, a lot of people doodle and there just isn't any demand.
>>
>>1989825
lolll my ex girlfriend went to college for graphic design, so did a girl I liked in middle school. They're well over 80k in student loan debt for a doodling degree and their work is fucking horrible. One is trying to become an instagram influencer, and the other makes tacky stickers of celebrities which is copyrighted material lmfao
>>
>>1989825
>>1989882
Yeah it's useless to major in that because all the employer cares about is your portfolio from what I've heard.
>>
>>1989906
Plus, how many employers are looking for graphic designers to hire, rather than contract out work to freelancers? The best thing a graphic designer can do is market themselves.
>>
>>1989946
Pretty much, I hire freelancers all the time. Poor assholes have to compete with Vietnamese designers that are actually good.
>>
I'm convinced /trv/ is a just an experiment where a bot posts the same threads over and over again on a loop to test how long it takes the humans to notice.
>>
>>1990075
>the same threads over and over again
that's every board on 4chan
>>
>>1989692
Have you ever heard of SEA? You're clearly the retard here bud
>>
>>1989692
Its actually true. I become a chad when I travel to other countries. I'm much taller, wider, more blond, more white and more attractive.
>>
>>1989692
The hilarious part is that this is actually true.

t. didn't believe but lived it
>>
>>1990075
It's not as bad as /sci/.
>>
>>1989825
>>1989882
>>1989946

As someone who has freelanced for a decade and has hired/worked with a gorillion graphic designers —

you can make GREAT money as a graphic designer, your degree is useless, your skills don't matter (assuming you have a baseline of talent and can make good-looking stuff), just:

>get corporate gigs (through agencies that service large corporate accounts)
>consistently deliver good work, on time, at competitive rates

That's fucking it. Basically, agencies are always landing big accounts and scrambling for talent to work on them. If you are known as the go-to guy who will get it done with no problems, you will have so much work you'll be turning it down.

Network and do whatever you can to talk to agencies that work on large corporate accounts. Ad, marketing, PR, event, whatever. There are a billion.

Don't waste your time trying to find clients directly. Go to agencies that have full-time people who are closing and winning business, and be the person who can work on things on the backend. As a plus, you will only have to deal with a producer, you'll never have to manage clients yourself.

A good graphic designer can bill a day rate of $800+/day and work remotely. I work with a dude who will randomly be in Brazil, Kenya, wherever. Doesn't matter, he sends in the work on time and can arrange his schedule to be on client calls.
>>
>>1989540
Copywriting.
>>
what jobs allow you to travel abroad for a week - few weeks work trips? I currently work in a global company and would love to be sent to Japan to work there for a few weeks here and there.
>>
>>1990493
Sales, focusing on asian markets
Supply chain, operations type stuff
Autos, consumer electronics
Pharma or healthcare (major players like Takeda, Sunovion, Daiichi)

You could also be an aging actor hired to shoot a whiskey commercial in Tokyo

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.