[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Britbong here. Once covid is diminished, I desperately want to go to the US. I haven't travelled outside of the UK before besides going to Disneyland Paris as a child, but the pandemic has given me the itch to finally get out and about. I'm a lowly shelfstacker so any kind of trip would have to be cheap (airbnbs). I had a prolonged emo phase when I was younger and therefore have a lingering love of Midwest clichés. Where would be best to fulfill this? I don't have much interest in the usual tourist areas (California, Florida, etc), I really want to get a taste of the white suburban middle America that inspired so many floppy haired Yanks to croon about how they are depressed and hate high-school. I'd be travelling solo.

Basically, want to visit Midwest states. where do I need to go, how do I make friends there and give me some general tips for staying there for like 3 weeks or so. How do I find alternative bitches?
>>
>>1986129
>Once covid is diminished
Anon, I....
>>
>>1986129
Covid isn’t going away, the surveillance is going to pick up. I had a horrible dream last night.
>In an office speaking to some managerial lady. To the right of me is presumably some hot girl I am fucking or dating
>lady asks me some dumb questions
>I look out the window and the sky is reddish black
>there’s drones flying in the sky, scanning things and looking out for people
>girl says they’re ships
>dunno, looks like surveillance drones. Shit like I’ve never seen before. Very high tech.
>I open my eyes (wake up)
>my blankets are the waves, and the room is the ocean
>the girl is still talking next to me
>Thy Lord said this year be thy end

Wasn’t exclusive to me, since everyone saw the drones/ships.
>>
>>1986129
> I really want to get a taste of the white suburban middle America that inspired so many floppy haired Yanks to croon about how they are depressed and hate high-school
They hated it for a reason, anon. American suburbs tend to be boring and definitely aren’t worth flying overseas to visit. That said, some actual midwestern cities that were influential in this scene and worth visiting are:
>Chicago
>Milwaukee
>Ann Arbor
>Madison
>Champaign/Urbana
>>
>>1986129
You want to visit the suburbs of the Midwest?

You’re going to be literally just driving around looking at houses.
>>
>>1986174
take your meds
>>
>>1986193
It could be interesting, though, coming from Europe.

For a Midwest emo inspired trip, these all sound like good bets to me. You’ll want to center the trip around Chicago. I would plan a road trip that avoids interstates and goes on state roads that pass through lots of random little towns.

It would be enlightening for your purposes to see some American high schools, but unfortunately the security is so tight with all the mass shootings that you’ll just have to drive by them.
>>
>>1986174
i'm fucking tired of the literally mentally ill people on the internet. they should be lined up and killed in a very straightforward way that doesn't cater to their schizo fantasies. just a bullet to the head and that's it
>>
>>1986243
>>1986257
>haha no, surveillance isn't picking up as vaccination digital IDs are being passed, and vaccines are being forced if you want to work
>Covid is definitely going away as "new strains" keep on coming out, causing us to need to lock down again
Ehh, I think you guys are the mentally ill if you don't see the writing on the wall.
>>
>>1986270
And when the world is reopened in 6 months you’ll have already moved on to the next whackjob conspiracy theory, never held to account for all the bullshit you thought and wrote.
>>
>>1986283
>6 more months
Well at least the meme isn’t
>2 weeks
I’d honestly prefer if the world opens up. Not a conspiracy theorist, considering surveillance already exists - with your phones and internet history. You’re just being needlessly aggressive because it’s the internet
>>
>>1986270
surveillance has been picking up since the 1950s, yet you are here voicing our your schizo fantasies about muh drones and muh epic dystopian fantasies and thinking you're woke for doing that. hell you're posting on a site that uses google captcha and probably do so on your smartphone from your home IP address
fuck off and get murdered
>>
>>1986129
Don't listen to the doomers in this thread anon.
Travel corridors and esta visas to the U.S will be back from July.
My recommendation is to fly into des Moines Iowa and road trip from there.
It'll be shit but pretty much what it sounds like you're after, also Midwest / red states tend to have less coof restrictions.
Also hostels are cheaper than airbnbs
>>
>>1986283
>>
>>1986129
VGH.. Sovl
>>
Most cities have alt bars/music venues have emo night where they play pop emo to midewest emo. I think that's exactly what you're looking for.
>>
Chicago's a shithole but if you go there in the summer, food is great, weathers great, downtown is fun, and then you can hop on the Metra and go to the end of the line to the suburbs and scratch your Midwest suburbs itch.
>>
>>1986129
I dunno. I go to central Europe every year for vacation (not last year). And I've thought about where I would tell them to vacation in the US if asked. I've traveled the EU more than the US. But since I often hear them talk about our large trucks in a fond way and other more traditional America, I would probably steer them away from big cities right now. I'd probably say Tennessee. Natural beauty, not much of this woke bullshit, vacation cabins to rent, friendly to people from overseas. And still many places directed at American tourists to keep you busy. But the main reason is that it's not like Europe. I don't go to places in Europe that are just like America. So I assume they would want something different as well. It's also fairly safe.

If you want a little more edge, New Orleans. I haven't been in awhile. But back then, you didn't want to stray off the beaten path for your own safety. Yet it was a lot of fun with unique sights and sounds. Great music and food.

But the other reason to stick to the southern states is that they are less likely to upend your trip by some new Covid news. They aren't going to lock down everything because some eighty year old got the sniffles. They don't even look at you twice if you don't wear your magic face panties.

Not sure you can find the emo phase without a time machine. But every dying shopping mall has a few of them loitering around.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.