[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 51 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next ~72 hours. Apply here.

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1613203187074.jpg (1.86 MB, 2551x3579)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
Who here has married and moved to a different country?
How did you think it would go beforehand?
How is it going now?
Any pleasant surprises?
Any regrets?
I've come upon a ticket to ride this boat and I'm wondering if it's for the best to hop on board.
>>
>>1959830
>Who here has married and moved to a different country?
I did, best decision I ever made. I hope my wife never finds me.
>>
>>1959830
are you from comparable cultures and moving together?
or are you marrying and moving to a country where only one of you will be a foreigner?
>>
>>1959830
My mom married my dad and changed her life. She was Irish and he Canadian so not too crazy.
>>
>>1959830
I have, but what do you mean exactly? I was married when I moved. Do you mean get married in order to move?
>How did you think it would go beforehand?
About like it did. Maybe just a little worse; our kids aren’t as into it I was hoping they would be. But some things are better.
>How is it going now?
Still going well.
>Any pleasant surprises? >Any regrets?
No significant regrets, many small pleasant surprises.
>>
>>1959842
Fpbp
>>
My mom moved to be with my dad. Good decision for her I guess, but now another dicklet manlet Hapa exists in the world.
>>
File: 1593530268118.jpg (149 KB, 1242x1546)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>1959830
yeah, sort of. i'm from europe, i married an asian girl, now we split our time between my country and hers
>How is it going now?
i kind of thought it would be a bit more settled. it turned out we both had more stuff to deal with than we thought. i was kind of hoping we would end up settling in a third country. hasn't happened yet. there's still time though.
>Any pleasant surprises?
yeah, every day
>Any regrets?
i wish i didn't have to deal with her dickhead layabout brother. unfortunately that's part of marrying into an asian family i guess.
>I've come upon a ticket to ride this boat and I'm wondering if it's for the best to hop on board.
go ahead dude, it's an adventure
>>
>>1959859
>Leaf and EU passports
You lucky son of a bitch.
>>
>>1960175
At least you're a supreme gentleman.
>>
>>1960190
Yeah, I'm going to move to Ireland, sick of Canada these days.
>>
>>1959830
Anon, I've been in your position, and not "hopping on board" as you say, is one of my greatest regrets. I could be living in Paris right now. Anyway, I'd say take it, if it doesn't work out no big deal. The regret of not doing it is very painful.
>>
>>1959830
I moved over to brazil to marry a girl I met online, who lived in Belo Horizonte.
It was all good for the year I lived there, then within months of both of us relocating back to Australia everything changed quickly.
She had our kid, and started fighting a the time demanding more and more money every week.
She behind my back went to a lawyer and was using the money to pay him to entrap me and set me up.
I stupidly stayed with her for 2 more years, the week she got her visa she dumped a dozen legal letters on me out of the blue, one of which demanding I leave my own house I paid for outright before I knew her immediately or she’ll have the cops remove me, she had a violence order put in my the day before when I wasn’t even at home but at work.
She demanded 75% of my business takings.
She demanded I pay for return flights for her and my kid to brazil every year.
It was hideous and made me very very racist and legit misogynistic.

Anyway I ended up in court, with nothing but massive lawyers fees, and she got half of all my shit anyway.

When I read incels and fucking cunt sluts on here attacking sex tourists it makes me rage, hiring women to do what they do naturally aka be worthless fucking diseased money grubbing whores is a much better and safer approach than marrying or girlfriending them.

Cunts
>>
>>1960771
Im sorry for your troubles, anon.
>>
File: ting_tong.jpg (62 KB, 640x384)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>1960771
>I moved over to brazil to marry a girl I met online
sorry you ended up like this but seriously anon come on what did you think was going to happen
>>
>>1960801
Who is this photo of?
>>
>>1960802
lonely guy and his mail order bride from little britain (comedy sketch show)
>>
>>1960771
Sorry for your situation but it goes to show why you should never bring home a girl from a poor country. The only way I'd marry one is if I wanted to stay in her country, not the other way around. And no matter who a guy marries he should put the bulk of his savings in BTC and then transfer it to something untraceable like Monero.

I have a couple of kids in other countries and I support them but I would never marry the women. I could care less that this pisses off roasties and redditors, men are always getting screwed over in marriage. Many of my friends got married 15-20 years ago and only one of them is still married, the rest divorced over the years and almost every time the guy got screwed financially even when his ex-wife earned as much as him.
>>
>>1960771
Based and permanent residencypilled.
>>
Married a Slovak and moved to the Netherlands for work.

Thought it would be smooth sailing once we away from family, just the two of us.

It’s been patchy but ok. The pandemic is basically giving us a trial run on hardcore difficulty. Easy for small arguments to boil over into stupid fights when you’re stuck with your significant other all day every day. But then the makeup sex is always really good so, like I said, it’s ok.
>>
>>1960815
She's a Slovak, she will keep pushing your buttons until you finally beat her. They are like Thai women that way. Just don't beat her more than once a month, or with a closed hand.
>>
I'm thinking of moving to Vietnam with this girl I've been talking to for nearly 2 years now. Her family is very well off, and she owns a spa, so money is not an issue. The only thing is that I can't speak her language at all, but her English is pretty decent.
She's also very religious, so sex before marriage is a no go, which would make the first few months kind of frustrating to say the least. There's also the issue of actually finding a job there as a network admin. Worst case scenario I could probably fix computers for a living
>>
>>1960900
>sex before marriage is a no go
are you an omega?
>>
>>1960893
it is recommended to beat her up heavily at least once a year and then perform rough anal sex. it helps. trust me.
>>
>>1960900
Holy fuck, how low functioning are you?
This has long con written all over it
>>
>>1960771
This is why you marry smart, educated girls that want to be with you not some hood rat that needs you to escape their favela. Exact same thing happened to some guy I knew who married a girl from Buenaventura, Colombia which is basically just one big slum
>>
>>1960771
Disgusting
>>
>>1960189
what kind of Asian is she
>>
>>1961331
>she
>>
>>1961331
Statistically speaking, it's very likely to be Chinese, Filipino, or Thai.
>>
>>1961331
a brown one
>>1961332
ah anon, as much as i love a cute ladyboy, i wouldn't marry one
>>1961334
>Chinese, Filipino, or Thai
none of the above
>>
>>1961402
She’s dick tracy
>>
>>1959830
Me
I didn't think I'd end up moving to her home country. Although I suspected it might happen in the future.
>How is it going now?
Great, I always enjoyed visiting, but I enjoy living here much more.
>Any pleasant surprises?
I bought my dream car and make more money here than I did in the states.
>Any regrets?
We might be leaving to go back to the US in a couple years and I'm sad about that.
>>
>>1960900
lol imagine being catfished this hard by a third world jungle monkey
>>
>>1959830
I want to but my fucking “fiancé” wont marry me. I even offer to pay for the wedding, I don’t leach, I do the cooking and cleaning when I am there as well as lots of sex of a good standard. He says he wants to pay for it himself but thats so fucking stupid, who cares who pays? Who even wants a big wedding, I just want to be with him. Men are fucking stupid, I wish I was a lesbian.
>>
What countries are best for this?
>>
>>1961424
It’s a point of pride and principle, you wouldn’t understand in the same way shit women do makes no sense to men. Have you actually communicated that it bothers you this much or are you just assuming that he can read your passive aggression? It’s a bitchy question but so many problems come from women being indirect with their partners.
>>
>>1960900
Go. Your happiness will expand so much you'll wouldn't think it possible. Just look at the haters jealous of your situation. Do it Anon. If money isn't an issue, you'll be free to find another means of living outside of being a Network Admin or IT altogether. Life is what you make it, and certainly not defined to a specific scope. Live, and be happy. I wish you the best.
>>
>>1961424
You sound like an inusfferable cunt. No wonder he won't marry you. You probably make him miserable and he is too scared to be single. Just know he'll always wish he hadn't married you if he actually does.
>>
File: she isnt Asian.png (379 KB, 1141x865)
379 KB
379 KB PNG
>>1960189
>>1961331
>what kind of Asian is she
0% Asian
>>
>>1961440
he meant the asian woman that anon married, not pokimane, we all know pokimane is not asian and only tries to look like that cause simps
>>
>>1961496
All her simps seem to be turd world pajeets too, they're the only ones who'd be fooled by her being asian
>>
>>1961437
Thanks, anon. Yeah, i don't mind having to find other work unrelated to IT. I've been to Vietnam 5 times already, and I do enjoy their way of life, and I don't mind living there at all, but I guess that's easy to say while I'm living in the US and the culture shock hasn't even begun to set in yet.
>>
>>1961530
You can always try to find a remote job in IT?
>>
>>1959830
My American friend met a German woman while studying abroad, married her and moved to Germany. They receive far more competent, practical, first world, and wide-ranging government benefits than he did in the US. They feel safe having two children without suffering the immense economic anxiety that permeates American decisionmaking. His wife was able to take a year off work at69% pay for a year per kid, childcare is paid for, and that’s not even getting into the healthcare, infrastructure and other ways in which Germany outperforms the United States.

In other words, leaving shitholes like the US is a good idea if you can find someone or something to anchor you to a first world country.
>>
>>1960810
>The only way I'd marry one is if I wanted to stay in her country, not the other way around.

This This This This. Why the fuck would you bring her over to a first world country where women are empowered and hard to get along with.
>>
>>1959842
heh
>>
>>1961552
>Getting government benefits when you move somewhere
Why are poor people so repulsive?
>>
>>1960771
can we sticky this post so gook lover white cucks get the message
>>
>>1960771
>When I read incels and fucking cunt sluts on here attacking sex tourists it makes me rage, hiring women to do what they do naturally aka be worthless fucking diseased money grubbing whores is a much better and safer approach than marrying or girlfriending them.
>Cunts

Jesus no Wonder she left you
>>
>>1961879
You're either underage or not American. I did something similar. I took a job in Germany back in 2010 and moved there from the US. The US is a fucking nightmare. You don't realize it when you're in it though since it's all you really know. The food quality is absolute dogshit tier, healthcare cost is fucking outrageous, groceries are way, way over priced and that's just to name a few. I'm convinced no American politician in congress actually knows how to make things work or better for anyone but themselves. Take the grocery prices for example; in Germany they make goceries cheap for everyone so poor people can afford to eat. In the US they give poor people food stamps so grocery stores can keep raising their prices, forever fucking the "middle class". I'd argue to say the US has no middle class, they are just the "not poor yet" class.

Those "government benefits" are paid for in Germany, and are to encourage people to have kids. They aren't handouts since people here pay taxes and it does go to Representative Jaquwelllen's freezer cash fund. The US isn't a 1st world country at all and hasn't been for a very long time.
>>
>>1961578
>bring her over to a first world country where women are empowered and hard to get along with.
The first thing my friend's wives tried to do to my wife I brought from Ukraine was to have her "get a job and become empowered". She told her she wanted to start a family and didn't need to work.They endlessly seethed to the point of us no longer being friends with them.
>"b..bu.but you can do both!"
No, no you can't.
>>
>>1960919
>>1960893

I don’t think she’d tolerate being beaten, but then again she defo prefers it rough in bed so there might be a kernel of truth to your sad advice
>>
I would like to marry a Slavic girl but I'm afraid of getting rooked. I'm not a loser with no prospects but I'm deathly afraid of the inevitable divorce that seems to occur in the west as I have a sizeable bag from good job+crpyto+inharitance.

Marriage seems like such a fucking gamble these days.
>>
File: 1610309883662.jpg (97 KB, 1024x831)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>1960561
I know that feel anon. I think I will go through with it for this reason.

>>1961424
Maybe he's not the one anon.

>>1961425
I would say countries that are better than the one you live in. For Americans there are a few options where life is probably easier.

>>1962220
I'm getting married to have kids. I love my girlfriend, but I'm not so stupid to think we're soulmates or I could never be with someone else. I want my partner to feel like she can have kids with me in an honorable way and I don't want my kids to be bastards. So even though I might get burned in the end I think it is worth the risk.
>>
>>1962220
Keep most of your money in a secret bank account that she doesn't know about. Don't tell anyone about your crypto. The most difficult part will be custody of your child(ren), and any property (houses, cars. etc.).
>>
>>1962496
>are a few
many*
>>
>>1962521
"Secret" accounts are a meme.
You get divorced, they do forensic accounting of your assets, secret or not.
Only way to avoid the inevitable 50/50 money split is a pre-nup
>>
>>1962706
> t. Jew scumbag lawyer
>>
>>1962496
>I'm getting married to have kids. I love my girlfriend, but I'm not so stupid to think we're soulmates or I could never be with someone else. I want my partner to feel like she can have kids with me in an honorable way and I don't want my kids to be bastards. So even though I might get burned in the end I think it is worth the risk.

Based conservative poster, godspeed anon
>>
>>1959830
I have
I didn't really give it any thought, I was ready to try something new so when the opportunity arose I went for it
>How is it going now?
Pretty well. Still living together, landed a job that pays more than double the job I quit to move here.
>Any pleasant surprises?
Nothing in particular but the living standards are higher than I previously imagined they would be. Probably has to do with my job, though.
>Any regrets?
I miss talking about my native countries' subjects in my native language with native people but that's about it. I also miss my dad. Also the language is fucking difficult so dealing with official stuff like taxes, rent and buying a house is hard.
>>
>>1962706
True, but what if you make a secret account to hide most of your money from your wife and then withdraw from that, how will a forensic accountant know whether you spent all that money on gambling/hookers or if you used it to buy a bunch of gold?
>>
>>1961417
Why would you return to the US?
>>
>>1961879
>actually getting something of value in return for the taxes you pay

A very foreign concept to Americans, i can see why this upsets you
>>
>>1962773
Me again from >>1962706

If you live in the western world there's no such thing as a "secret" account.
I'm a bong, and for example when you open a new bank account they need your name and national insurance number (social security number in the states, every country has s similar thing just named differently)
This basically links all your money to you, when you get divorced the attorneys will use a system like Experian which will basically search any accounts linked to your name / national insurance number so there's no hiding it.
You could potentially look at opening one in a foreign country but even that will be linked to you because once tax is involved you have to be logged on a system somewhere.
Try it now, sign up for Experian (or whatever it's called in your country) and do a search of yourself, even your "secret" accounts will be on there.
Only way to keep any money seperated is either a pre-nup which is the easiest or if you don't want people knowing about your money you just keep it all in crypto.
But a word of warning, solicitors are getting smarter to crypto investments so you can't just keep it on an exchange or every on a cold wallet (say you bought eth on binance and transferred it to a ledger) as the trail is there.
If you're going the crypto route you need to transfer all your savings to a privacy coin like Monero and store off exchange.

God speed
t. Not a solicitor but work in cyber fraud prevention and have been asked by solicitors in the past to trace crypto investments for divorces
Also not black or trans
>>
>>1963471
I literally opened several bank accounts in the past couple of months and none of them asked for my national insurance number, they only wanted a passport/drivers license and a video of myself.
>>
>>1963471
Even if you did this, when the spouse and their attorney realize there is a massive gap between what you earned, what you spent, and what’s left, they are going to subpoena your financial institution. They’ll see your big transfers to Coinbase or whatever and you’ll still be fucked. Even if you did something better, next comes the deposition, and i’d bet that a majority of people trying to hide their money would fold in a dep from even a decent attorney.
>>
>>1961439
Relax nigel, i know it hurts being lonely but thats no cunt if she cooks/cleans
>>1961424
definitely a pride thing girls just don't understand. When the time's right he'll propose
>>
>>1963471
>>1963533
Guess I'm withdrawing cash from the ATM and hiding it somewhere secret. As for there being a "gap," I could just say "yeah, I'm an irresponsible idiot who lost it all on gambling"
>>
>>1963526
Where you open?
>>
>>1959842
BADA-BING! BADA-BOOM!
>>
>>1960771
Think of how much shit you could have avoided if you had possessed the brains to be racist beforehand.
>>
>>1962706
>>1962521
BS. OP use xmr, You can hide your money that way.
>>
>>1963896
I found a really good write-up on how to use Monero.
https://dailystormer.su/support-the-daily-stormer-how-to-buy-and-send-monero/
>>
File: rerr.png (494 KB, 768x432)
494 KB
494 KB PNG
What you should really be doing is purchasing as much gold as you can afford, and burying it in locations that only you know about.
>>
>>1963908
this but unironically
>>
>>1963526
Ok so as I said your bank accounts are all linked to your name, your passport details were just used as to confirm in those instances, check Experian, all those accounts will be linked to you.>>1963533
Incorrect, just because you have outflows of cash that doesn't prove you still own it, monero is the only crypto that's truly private so if that's the route you want to go down then that would be your best option. If they ask you where the money went you say you traded it / sent it to the wrong person / whatever you like. As far as they're concerned the money is gone and unless you confess there's nothing they can do to prove otherwise.
Only issue you'll have is off ramping but that's another discussion for another day as once divorces are finalised some judges allow forensic accounting of income to carry on for a few years to make sure money hasnt been hidden
>>
I'm really close to tying the knot, will likely do so soon as covid is coming to an end. My SO is from middle east, upper middle class. She is a trad wife type, given the culture especially which was one of the main draws for me. She wants to be a mother, which I find so attractive. Her standards of living is surprisingly high, definitely higher than me who grew up mostly on lower middle class. I have a decent paying job and everything secure in life. I am looking forward to this ride.

There are plenty of bad stories, but a lot of them seem to come from vastly different values, class and expectations. My heart goes out to anons who have it rough, that could very well be me. I hope not. Love is blind and we can only be so careful in our maddened state. I just know that I do not wanna grow old jaded and angry with women, banging whores until the end of my days.
>>
>>1961424
The dude is making the right decision. You say this now about how you just wanna be with him. But you will 100% use this as a weapon against him down the road when it suits you. And it's not your fault, you are just built that way.

Consider the scenario where you are years into the marriage, and you two are fighting. The woman will subconsciously disrespect the man for being the spineless fuck who married with the chick's money. This WILL play a factor in her psyche when they're quarreling. As it will play a factor when the man stood up for himself, and married on his own terms. Women respect men who stand their ground, rather they say it or not. And if she does not respect the man, deem him a weak male. Then she will look sideways for a better man when desire cools down.

Remember lads, women are often in control in starting relationships. But marriage only happens on man's terms. You are in control, lads.
>>
>>1960900
>Worst case scenario I could probably fix computers for a living
ngmi
>>
>>1963395
Because of my career.
>>
>>1963881
And a majority of autistic people will come off as entirely not credible when asked for specifics.
>>
>>1964167
In that case, that wouldn't be a problem, since autistic people don't usually get married, on account of the autism.
>>
>>1964052
Are you Middle eastern too? How did yall meet? Where are you from?
>>
>>1964061
> 4chan incel male tells woman what women think of men because of own psychotic delusions
Lol
>>
>>1964175
No, im east asian grew up in murka, and we got to talkin on ig. We found that while we were vastly different in our interests, our trad values lined up very well and our expectations of what we consider a good life.
>>
>>1964273
>instantly insufferable to a man she does not respect
imagine how she would behave when she loses respect to her SO.Absolutely terrifying. Avoid this kind of woman, lads. You can measure how sweet ur girl is by how she treats people she do not know (service workers etc). Above all else, you want a sweet, compassionate woman because they will make wonderful partners and a mother. You will invariably go through tough times in life. You want someone who can stand by you during these times and not break u down in ur hardship.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.