[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 50 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next ~72 hours. Apply here.

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: colombia.jpg (149 KB, 1074x799)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
Any anons in Colombia right now? Me and a couple digital nomad friends are planning a trip to Medellin, are things safe down there? How's the social scene for Americans currently with Covid going on?
>>
>>1957723
I'm going to impregnate every brown girl in the world.
>>
File: blk.jpg (77 KB, 600x608)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>1957756
Nope, that's gonna be me. You're getting my sloppy seconds, chump.
>>
>>1957723
I was in Medellin during new years, and it's a fucking awesome place. However we got extremely unlucky and for the entire time there we couldn't really leave the hotel because of covid lockdowns.

I'm gonna have to go back to experience it properly because that is definitely one great fuckin city.
>>
>>1957723
>How's the social scene for Americans
You’re seen as an atm. Americans are ruing Colombia (and most of South America) by being stupid and overpaying for everything. But because of this people will treat you nice, In your face, and make fun of you the second you’re gone.
>>
File: 1608967827902.jpg (51 KB, 768x768)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>1957812
As long as you can still get easy pussy and drugs things are fine. If you're an American and you're going around sweating over what third worlders are saying behind your back you should just stop traveling internationally.
>>
>>1957865
>As long as you can still get easy pussy
You do realise Americans are making it harder, mostly for themselves, by their overvaluation of the girls there. It’s mostly the Americans that are broke at home, but want to feel like a “baller”, so they spend way too much money, which the girls there get accustomed to. You see that as well in Eastern-Europe, to a lesser degree still, but the last years more and more Americans are coming there doing the same shit as they do in South-America. And it’s completely unnecessary; the girls there will happily party with you if you are interesting enough, many are already happy because they want to practice their English. If you want a club slut just pay for the drinks, which are dirt cheap.
>>
>>1957950
does semen retention turn you into an insufferable faggot posting this forced meme into every thread too?
>>
>>1957812
normal women hate americans because they think you are sex/drug tourists.. big stigma.. thats literally the only reason people go and they know it in b4 "the culture"
>>
File: Honky Red Banner.png (943 KB, 1229x1226)
943 KB
943 KB PNG
>>1957723
You honkies can't get girls in your home countries so you travel far away.
>>
>>1957723
The women in your home countries think lowly of you.
>>
File: 20201109_103105.jpg (3.47 MB, 4000x3000)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB JPG
I was there in Nov. It randomly rains throughout the day, the city not very walkable, the food isn't great, the architecture is ugly, the driving is fucked and the whole place felt dangerous.

But... the women are hot as fuck. Theye all fucking supermodels.
>>
File: 1485627935199690391.png (1.09 MB, 1000x750)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>1957723
Who wants to have sex with BMW
>>
>>1957980
>sex/drug tourists
well, they're not wrong. why the fuck else would Americans want to visit a 3rd world shithole?
>>
guapas colombianas siii
>>
>>1957980
>normal women hate americans because they think you are sex/drug tourists..
kek thats because that's all Colombia has to offer. The food isn't great, the place is rife with crime, and the city isn't particularly fun or entertaining. Your biggest attraction for foreigners is unironically your women
>>
Yuro who's currently in Medellin. Please stay away. All Americans I've met so far confirm the stupid gringo stereotype.

Anyway to answer your questions don't notice much in regards to covid when it comes to nightlife. Clubs have a limit of people they allow in, but they're still very active. Only thing that sucks is they don't sell alcohol after 11pm. All places check your temp, clean your hands, mandatory face masks outside, etc.

I haven't felt unsafe for a single moment. Though I'm 6'4 and can pass for Colombian.

Girls in America must be hideous, because I don't think Colombian women in general are much better than you see in any European capital. They are more feminine than Western women which is a big plus. They can be pretty flaky which might be annoying when you're not used to it.

Protip: If you can pass for a local don't put in your tinder profile that you're from abroad. (Just your uni is enough.) I noticed the quality of girls (in terms of social class) I matched shot up when I removed that I'm from Europe.

I don't know what Medellin would be like when living here with friends. It probably is easy to get lost in the hedonistic lifestyle most people are chasing. I moved here on my own without knowing anyone and barely party and am loving it. Everything is easily accessible. Plenty to do both in and outside the city. The weather is always perfect. Made some local friends and always have something to do in the weekend if I want to.
>>
>>1958408
>Girls in America must be hideous, because I don't think Colombian women in general are much better than you see in any European capital
America is full of fat people. The majority of the country will soon be obese, not just overweight.
>>
>>1957980
You guys have been repeating the same lines with japan, southeast asia and eastern europe as well and yet these women have not and will never stop dating/fucking western tourists, cry more faggot
>>
>>1957991
And not one fuck was given about what ugly morbidly obese blm coal burning feminists think
>>
>>1957723
referring to yourself or your friends as "digital nomads" disgusts me and let's me know that you like trannies
>>
>>1958408
>>I noticed the quality of girls (in terms of social class) I matched shot up when I removed that I'm from Europe.
That's because if you're a foreigner they assume you won't be around for long. From what I've heard Colombia is starting to have a single mom problem stemming from sexpats which is a lot like what you'll see in the phillipines
>>
>>1958445
nah that single mom sexpat problem has been all throughout South America since before you were born
>>
>>1957723
Its safe if you are not a stupid tourist.
>>
File: 1613685389832.jpg (105 KB, 811x595)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>1957988
You guys must suck considerable ass if it's that easy for us
>>
>>1959800
Why put her birthday info?
>>
>>1958441
He its not a tranny.
>>
>>1959789
True I only got harassed when I was in the wrong part of town at night drunk and alone.
>>
>>1958411
a lot of Colombian women are overweight too and growing, especially in cities like Medellin. the fag saying they look like supermodels is clueless.

I live in Cali atm (from Bogota), same shit, most women are definitely not attractive.
>>
>>1958445
nah.

and outside Medellin and Cartagena, you barely see Gringos.
>>
What's it like in the city of Armenia? Is it tourist friendly?
>>
File: Honky Banner.png (945 KB, 1224x1263)
945 KB
945 KB PNG
>>1958439
There are some decent women in your countries.

Y'all having difficulties having relationships with them so you're travelling abroad.
>>
Is it easy as I imagine to find marching powder there that isn't a scam with a cop around the corner waiting to shake you down?
>>
>>1960453
Agree. Personally I can't get enough black pussy, and thankfully hot American black girls love getting degraded by huge white dudes.
>>
>>1958457
yeah and it isn't tourists the problem there but rather the locals impregnating like 3 different women behind each's back or wild family drama at every turn
>>
>>1960458
its supposedly decriminalized for low amounts
>>
>>1960453
>There are some decent women in your countries.
this is true enough, but why work three or four times as hard to find a decent girl in a Western country when often times its easier AND better to get girls from other countries?

That's like a shop owner getting upset their old customers are going to a cheaper store with better quality.
>>
>>1957883
>>1957980

Limey, we don't give a fuck if we are making it too expensive for you to buy pussy.
>>
Its hilarious how Americans always shit on places like Colombia and now its so popular on /trv/ because these plague rats got banned from like 95% of countries. Please don't do what you always do though and make gringos easy targets by overpaying and tipping 20% on shit that shouldn't even be tipped for
>>
>>1960822
There was an absolutely hilarious video on LiveLeak a few months ago, some sort of "engagement party" where it turned out that the guy was actually setting up his girlfriend to reveal in front of her family that she'd cheated on him and the baby wasn't his.
>>
>>1957883
>he pays for women
SAD!
>>
>>1961433
LatAm is fucking hilarious when it comes to drama
I don't think the people can get bored there with all the living like a soap opera
>>
>>1957723
colombian here

>are things safe down there?
yes in most areas where foreigners/expats live/hang out

>How's the social scene for Americans currently with Covid going on?
largely a meme, everything is opened already. I went clubbing till 6 am just last week and met a few foreigners btw
>>
File: 1.png (1.47 MB, 800x793)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
>>1958228
why did you stay in the poor side of town? Literally not a single tourist or expat stays or lives in your pic related, lmao. Imagine visiting nyc and staying in south bronx
>>
>>1958445
>From what I've heard Colombia is starting to have a single mom problem stemming from sexpats
not true, that's been a problem for decades but not for that reason. It's actually a thing all over latin America mainly due to men ghosting on girls after they find out they're pregnant. I'ts actually less prevalent nowadays than in the past btw
>>
File: 2.png (1.49 MB, 2002x1044)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>1960302
the city with most foreigners in colombia is naturally the capital, bogota, not medellin nor cartagena
>>
>>1957723
women in your home countries don't like you so you travel far away.

Even the women in the foreign countries don't like you, they just like your money.

You're boring, uninspiring and unlovable.
>>
>>1960434
internally it has a reputation of being the florida of colombia in the sense that a lot of boomers from bogota and other cities retire there as it is considered to have nice quality of life and being cheaper than bogota or medellin. It has mild climate in the mid 70s year round
>>
>>1960712
LOL! alright honky.
>>
If I traveled to South America, what are the chances I get decapitated?
>>
>>1962719
zero
>>
>>1962072
He wanted to bang questionable age
>>
>>1958231
lol that plate
>>
>>1962096
Based cuckhold
>>
>>1962078
Of course most flies get through BOG. But anyone can attest that Medellin is swarming with Gringos whereas in Bogota you only see them occasionally.
>>
>>1962078
Also
>Rionegro
>Cali

Cali airport is located here in Palmira.
>>
>>1962072
Love that combination of red bricks and green vegetation.
So much better than the globohomo metropolitan glass & concrete
>>
File: 5d0zz3kmn8u11.jpg (957 KB, 1080x1920)
957 KB
957 KB JPG
>>1958231
>>1962959
https://www.names.org/n/pizdi/about
> What is the meaning of Pizdi? How popular is the baby name Pizdi? Learn the origin and popularity plus how to pronounce Pizdi.
kekekekekekek
>>
>>1963254
> whereas in Bogota you only see them occasionally
depending on the area, they're pretty common in the north and downtown
>>
>>1961506
Yeah. The histories I hear are hilarious. Once, a research buddy told about one of his friends having to go to a hearing. The girl he fucked was trying to figure out whether he or which one of the 5 other guys she fucked, without protection, was supposed to pay her kid's alimony.
>>
>>1963448
yeah that totally would NEVER happen in america
>>
>>1963584
>>1963448
it happens in the USA but drama is part of latino culture
>>
>>1961075
Colombia, Brazil, and the Dominican Republic have long been the sex tourism destination of choice for Black Americans, I know for a fact. I wouldn't be surprised if this was true for white Americans due to proximity. --- T. Black guy
>>
>>1963639
A side note. This fact does allow me to travel Thailand solo, as it's not considered a sex tourist destination among black people. Phillipines can go either way, though it's becoming more associated with sex tourism to black people due to shows like 90 day fiance. At minimum it's becoming looked at a place where you get mail order brides just looking for green cards.
>>
>>1963639
before covid I used to see americans of all shades and backgrounds down here. In fact plenty of times I was surprised that tons of them were not locals as they didn't look like the stereotypical hollywood aryan posterboy lol. Latinos who've never been to the states have this weird idea that most americans look like northern europeans
>>
>>1957762
What the fuck is so great about it? Your post isn't helpful at all, explain what ylu liked.
>>
>>1958228
True, the only good Latin american food is Mexican, every other country has food that is plain as fuck
>>
>>1960996
>limey
yikes kys
>>
>>1962096
Black bitches are the best, I love it when they ask to be called nigger, that shit is so hot.
>>
>>1962096
Based cuckold.
>>1963698
I know right? Being a white racist is like a cheatcode for fucking black girls.
>>
>>1962999
I'm not a honky
>>
>>1963730
You okay fren? This is a friendly non-racist board, you like to fuck white chicks, some white anons here like to fuck black chicks. No bad judgement is passed here, and nothing's wrong with a little interracial loving.
>>
>>1963698
true. i dnno why but 2 of them wanted to do role play slave nigga virgin and white master taking it.
>>
>>1962719
1%
>>
>>1965236
that is concerningly high lmao
you mean for every 100 tourists that go to south america, 1 gets beheaded?
not to even think of all the people who die other ways
holey moley
>>
>>1965241
you sound low iq
>>
>>1960996
>>1961494
The absolute state of Americans and their reading comprehension. I know my English isn’t that great, but come one guys.
>>
Gringo heading to Medellin later this week, staying near Parque Lleras. Any recommendations for sex tourism? I already know of some casas, and I've done some window shopping on the usual prepago sites. I won't head to the Centro though, not alone, fuck that.

On another note - best places to eat in Medellin?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.