[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: epicdab.jpg (391 KB, 2987x1680)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
Copypasta FAQ:
>Where should I stay in Tokyo?
Anywhere on the JR Yamanote loop line.
>Is Hiroshima+Miyajima worth it as a day trip from Osaka/Kyoto?
Not really, it's too rushed and you should probably just stay the night there.
>How do I travel by public transport?
Get the "Official Japan Travel App", it's free and does a good job of planning routes using public transportation.
>"Dude what should I see in ________?"
https://www.japan-guide.com/
https://www.jnto.go.jp/
Solid general guides - sights, sample itineraries, pre-travel considerations, etc
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1fmfaySQHmojbRGKWCwRecq6Ln1Bb2Xdh&ll=35.67928012473078%2C139.68638283648374&z=12
/JPG/anon put together an autistic supermap of sights, restaurants, and shopping. Go nuts.

*Current status on travel restrictions*
>https://www.japan-guide.com/news/alerts.html

*Info on prostitution*
Please try to *not* refrain from asking questions about prostitution. If you're coming to Japan solely for prostitutes you are based and redpilled. please share your experiences with everyone ITT.
>http://rockitreports.com/category/sex-in-tokyo/
>http://erolin.net
>http://rockitrisingsun.com
>https://paradise-tokyo.net
>http://hentaitokyo.com

*JR Pass*
Many people ask about whether or not the JR Rail Pass is worth it. It depends on your itinerary.
>http://www.hyperdia.com/en/
Plug your itinerary into Hyperdia to determine ticket costs, then compare to the below JR Pass options:
>7 day Pass: 29,110¥ (approximately a Tokyo-Kyoto round-trip bullet train trip)
>14 day Pass: 46,390¥
>21 day Pass: 59,350¥

Super-easy rail pass calculator. Fill in your planned trips, get a quick yes/no response.
>https://www.japan-guide.com/railpass/
>>
>>1951407
TOURISM UPDATES

02/03 - From NHK News - Japan Passes Revised Anti-Virus Laws. Officials will soon be able to levy fines against people or businesses that break anti-virus rules. That includes those who test positive for the virus and are told to check into a hospital, but refuse. Individuals who lie to health officials or refuse their inquiries will also face punishments. Government efforts to stem the spread of the virus include shortening operating hours for bars and restaurants. Under the new rules, businesses that don't comply can be fined up to about 3,000 dollars. Conversely, the legal changes make it mandatory for governments to take financial measures to help affected businesses.

02/03 - From The Guardian - Olympic Organisers To Ban Singing In Silent Tokyo Games. Detailed guidelines for broadcasters, athletes and the media will be released in the coming days. While a decision on whether to allow fans to attend is not expected for a few months, anyone watching the events will be told to refrain from singing or shouting and to show their support by applauding instead.

02/02 - From The Japan Times - Japan Should Restart Go To Travel Campaign In March, Senior LDP Official Says. Japan should look to reinstate its domestic travel incentive program as soon as March to shore up the tourist industry, a senior ruling party official said, even after a study last month indicated the campaign may have spread the coronavirus.

02/02 - From NHK News - State Of Emergency Extended For One Month. The state of emergency covers 11 prefectures and was originally set to expire on Sunday. Suga said the number of new infections has been decreasing in Tokyo and across the country since the state of emergency took effect last month. He said measures, including shortened business hours for restaurants and bars, have been successful.
>>
>>1951407
OLYMPIC UPDATES

An article posted by the Asahi Shimbun explains that canceling the Olympics is coming closer to a reality:
http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/14091366

Key points:
>“The Tokyo Olympics could be canceled if the state of emergency is not lifted by March,” an official of Tokyo’s organizing committee said.
>At the end of March, the torch relay is scheduled to start from Fukushima Prefecture. Around the same time, a government-led panel is expected to decide on whether to restrict the number of spectators during the Olympic Games.
>Dick Pound, the longest-serving member of the International Olympics Committee (IOC), said he could not be sure if the Tokyo Games would go ahead as rescheduled. “I can’t be certain because the ongoing elephant in the room would be the surges in the virus,” Pound said, according to the BBC
>>
That's the first time I've seen a mentally disabled Japanese person
>>
File: 1602448830978.png (47 KB, 554x554)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>1951415
>Dick Pound, the longest-serving member
>>
>>1951415
>Dick Pound
Come on anon this is not a place to post joke news
>>
Getting real depressed here. I got back from Japan in January of 2020, was planning on making my next trip over the Christmas holidays of 2020, then bam, Corona-chan strikes. I decided to plan for late May/early June of 2021, but here we are. No plan on reopening in sight. I'm running out of ways to cope. I'm not a coomer, I just go there for two weeks every year to hit my fucking reset button on the real world.
>>
I'm getting worried that international tourism to Japan will have significant restrictions on it in perpetuity with multi-day quarantine periods required for entrants to the country even with a negative test.
>>
>>1951421
I did the English teacher thing for a couple years and worked at one of their schools. I usually hate retards, but it was pretty nice. I think they kind of keep the worst offenders in their own segregated spaces away from healthy society. I never saw any of them out and about.
>>
>>1951505
>>1951583
Japan will start vaccines next week.
>>
>>1951505
Same here. I only ever spend money on vacations, but ever since corona I barely left my home. By the time corona is over I will have enough money saved up to be able to stay at a soapland for a week straight.
>>
>weather starting to get warmer
Finally. I hate winters in Japan - hell, I even prefer the summertime humid heat death laser to them.
>>
I wonder what are my chances of going in october. Sad.
>>
>>1951729
It's anyone's guess at this point, but I wouldn't feel optimistic.
>>
>>1951415
>>Dick Pound, the longest-serving member
Huehuehue
>>
So the TEFL thread is saying that teaching ESL is not just low paying but basically totally unfeasible.
>>1951232
>>1951743
>>1951750
>>1951753
What else am I supposed to do for work?
>>
>>1951505
It's time to stop running away from reality and working on improving it.
>>
>>1951759
Advance your career in your home country and study Japanese as a hobby.

Gain either a marketable enough skill set or Japanese fluency to take a job in Japan.

I get that nobody wants to play the long game, they just want to get here. But your time here will be far more enjoyable in an expat package than hustling for minimum wage as an English teacher.
>>
>>1951410
we'll never be allowed to travel again, will we? this virus meme never ends. some "pandemic" when i have never seen bodies in the street and no one i know, or who knows anyone i know, has died. just fuck me. i'd be glad to do lockdowns if we could get boomers removed but i don't even see boomers dropping off. biggest blue balls ever.

how many people committed suicide over lockdown depression? literally. my 20s are going to end without having traveled outside my shithole country even once because first poorfaggotry and then virus hysteria just as soon as i had the money to blow.
>>1951505
for real. just give a fucking end-date to the insanity and that would go a long way to reducing our depression. but no. its just "2 more weeks bro" for an entire year now.
>>
>>1951847
>Advance your career in your home country
No. I have no interest in doing that here or anywhere else. I need a job change.
>>
>>1951847
>>1951867
I should probably just add for the sake of productive conversation that one thing I’d want to do and would do is deploy via the military but from what I understand, getting stationed there is a total crapshoot so it doesn’t seem all that smart and DoD jobs are pretty hard to come by from what I hear.
>>
>>1951759
I taught English in Japan from 2014 - 2016 and it was a great gig for a 20 something year old. I lived in a share house with 5 Japanese women, did everything to keep my expenses low, and managed to go home with like $5k USD in the bank. I've been studying Japanese ever since, if I ever go back it will be as a bilingual worker. I'm not interested in teaching English ever again.
>>
>>1951870

Nah bro its a crap shoot unless you target it. Join the navy, do radar, fix planes, whatever pick okinawa, not everyone is a fucking weeb.

most americans dont want to go live there
>>
File: 1598156528662.gif (40 KB, 417x317)
40 KB
40 KB GIF
>>1951869
There is far more to it than that. It was a year of no fun allowed. Masks are dehumanizing and policies are becoming increasingly ridiculous. This also has no end in sight. People aren't killing themselves because they can't travel. They are killing themselves because they lost their livelihood, or because they don't want to live in a world where they have to wear 3 masks when they go for a walk or get anal swabbed if they want to go to a concert.
>>
>>1951888
Yeah, man. You’re not weird because you’re not feeling great after you’ve been forced into isolation and forced to accept a basically never ending shoveling of shit down your throat for a whole year. I read the biography of one of my favorite authors last night who in the early 20th century, lost his University job, just got on a ship in New York, and sailed to Europe like *that* and he lived there no problem from that point on. That’s normal. What we have now is beyond absurd and actually dehumanizing. So, no you’re not weird. Just please don’t kill yourself over it. Or at least, don’t do it over something so stupid and absurd.
>>
>>1951888
>Masks are dehumanizing
Then don't go to Japan you fucking retard, they were an integral part of their culture way before the chinkpox you seethe about so fucking much.
>>
>>1951888 here, forgot to say I am trans and also against condoms, the Jewish tool to oppress sexual minorities.
First of all, my neovagina isn't quite as sensitive and having the guy wear a condom just robs me of any pleasure I might feel, just because I am trans. Typical (((cissexual))) shit.
But there's also the issue of stigmas around STDs, which we proudly carry as part of the LGBTI culture. Pozzing is a human right and (((they))) are taking that away from us, just because it's part of our identity.
I fucking hate (((lockdowns))) and (((masks))) so much, they're nothing but worldwide scale bigotry.
>>
>>1951897
You guys are taking him too literally. He can correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think he is saying he has a problem with wearing a mask. What he’s trying to say is that the whole of life, at least in his mind, has been flipped and he’s had nonstop insanity rammed down his throat. I’ve seen many many businesses in my town close for good and those people are just told to basically get fucked. I mean, just paying attention to the narrative is enough to make you go nuts. It’s understandable that some people are feeling depressed, confused, basically like livestock.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx3mQftSMSo
How accurate is this?
>>
>>1951903
And I should add that worst of all and unlike Japan or a China, there are no signs of cohesion or any indication that we’re going to get our shit together. It’s just a big cyclone of insanity and negativity that makes you go “what the fuck?”
>>
File: 1601176985001.jpg (13 KB, 250x251)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>1951897
Literally lived in Taiwan for 7 years. People in East Asia would wear the mask when they were symptomatic. You could look on a train and around 5 percent of the people would have a mask on, give or take depending on the flu going around. Human communication has taken a massive hit. It would be ironic if you were an English teacher and were oblivious to how important the face is for non-verbal communication. Many locations have near complete mask compliance and yet have seen no noticeable drop in cases.
>>
File: 1600174978701.png (3.29 MB, 1600x1200)
3.29 MB
3.29 MB PNG
>>1951899
Thanks for the (You), nigger
>>
>>1951915
>>1951899
why are you replying to yourself? are all trannies this mentally ill?
>>
>>1951905
>yet another video essay on le mysterious japan
>>
>>1951888
this. it's just the bullshit nonsense rules. the vax is out but the insanity is still going. it was supposed to be either 6 ft or a mask, but not both. lines for grocery stores. you can't eat indoors at a restaurant so they build such elaborate tents outside on the patio that it's the same thing as being indoors, except really cold so you can't eat in comfort. everyone is agitated, i can't play sports or do meetup groups so i cant make friends here. even hiking trails and beaches got closed, tennis courts were padlocked up, gym was closed. i bought weights and lift at home but i'm so bored all the time, i can't go outside without someone running up to me to get in a fight because i'm not wearing a mask in a 50 acre public park. it's not just "i can't travel so i'm going to sudoku." it's all the other bullshit on top of it.

i'm an introvert and have low social needs, but I DO still have social needs. extroverts are unironically turning into alcoholics over this. if they gave us an end date i could stand it, but it never ends, ever. it's been an entire damned year of this now when they sold it to us as a temporary 2 week measure. i've canceled travel plans twice. once when the coof first came out, and then my summer plans when it just extended forever with no end. i dont bother making plans for anything now. there is no end in sight. people are getting so weird from the social withdrawl that normalfags will never be the same again as they were before this shit. so i cna't travel. and i also can't do ANYTHING else except sit in my apartment on 4chan all day. anyone who browses here knows that doens't make for good mental health. and it's now mandatory state enforced for an entire year that we all have to live like that. god i want to go bar hopping or something
>>
>>1951925
>extroverts are unironically turning into alcoholics over this
>normalfags will never be the same again
the only good neurotypical is a dead neurotypical. good fucking riddance
> also can't do ANYTHING else except sit in my apartment on 4chan all day
seems to me like you're one of the normalfags, bud. pick up a skill instead of giving us the same fucking tired rant about muh freedoms we constantly read ever single fucking day on this godforsaken hellhole
>>
>>1951925
what left leaning shithole state/city/country do you live in? Nothing has closed in my state the entiire time. I was at the bar Saturday and Sunday. All business is open. Some places of business will have a sign outside that says wear a mask like grocery stores. I'd say about 50% of the peopel wear them there and no says/cares about the peopel who don't. I live in a city of around 1 million and our cases are lower than most of the country. I know nurses and from the start they said it's a joke and it's only old people with comorbidities that have issues. The people that suffered from this here are middle class people that lost their jobs from the mania in the start.
>>
>>1951870
I don’t know about the other branches, but in the Army at least guaranteed duty station used to be a thing.

Just remember, when talking to a recruiter, if it isn’t in writing it didn’t happen. Also, you also used to be able to get duty station of choice as a reenlistment bonus.
>>
>>1951927
i have hobbies dude (solo at home hobbies, plus sports, that i now can't play.) i'm so bored and depressed that i cant even focus on my hobbies.
>dead neurotypicals
they arent suiciding theyre just drinking and driving more. not good for any of us.
>>1951930
>left leaning shithole
yes. i just fucking moved here 18 months ago and the coof slammed us 12 months ago. 2/3 of the time i've lived here has been in lockdown insanity. it's a shame because the city and area are beautiful.
>>
>>1951870
Don't do Marines. I'm older but signed up as a 0656 (Data/Computers). I got that and went to that school. Highest scores pick duty station (think we had 3 slots for Japan). I ended up in NC and within 2 months was on top of a Humvee shooting brown people in Iraq for 11 months.
>>
Why does it seem like labor jobs in Japan are all Philippinos, Chinese, or other immigrants and yet that’s like impossible for Westerner to do?
>>
>>1951871
Get any action with any of the housemates?
>>
File: 1607347723729.jpg (1001 KB, 750x1000)
1001 KB
1001 KB JPG
>>1951505
My trip is in early May, and I am certain that we will both be able to travel by then, anon. Stay positive!
>>
>>1952011
Because they’re shit jobs. It’s easy to get a flip, Vietnamese, Chinese, or hue to do it because it represents an improvement in their quality of life.

I know you probably think you can stomach low paying shit jobs like those but the people who do the hiring already know better and aren’t going to waste their time.
>>
>>1952073
I mean, I guess I appreciate your optimism, but what makes you so certain? I need some fucking hope.
>>
>>1952091
It’s construction. Let’s not pretend like we’re talking about immigrant coal miners here, okay?
>>
>>1951938

>be this retard
>join muhreens but sneaky boi thinks hes gonna tap keys all day
>gets sent to hell on earth
>surrounded by orange clay, fire ants, pine trees, and other even more retarded retards
>get sent to even shittier hell on earth, probably when the Humvees weren't even unarmored yet

Damn bro you really fucked that sideways lol hope you get a big fat check every month for your ptsd and bad knees
>>
File: gfdgdhfh.jpg (139 KB, 1062x550)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>1952121
pic related tax free, 0 property tax/sales tax in my state + SSA benifits money.
>>
>>1952095
I knew a Norwegian guy that worked construction in tokyo for a bit. (Actual Norwegian not brown (((Norwegian))))
>>
>>1952095
It’s still shit work anon. That’s why they bring in poor people to do it.
>>
>>1952125
Lucky bastard. Im at 90%
>>
>>1952177
keep fucking bugging them over and over bro. took me 7 years and not I am P&T.
>>
>>1952182
Ill give it another go. I live outside the states now since i got out and finding a va approved doc for the tests is a pain but if i do ever go back to texas that sweet sweet 0% property tax
>>
>>1952186
just file another clain on ebenefits. most states have 0% property tax for 100%. Not sure about lower ratings, but it helps. my advice is just keep filing claims. SSA is a lot harder to get, those retards denied me at 100% rated perm and total before.
>>
>>1952188
>retards
Yeah that describes the va pretty well. Ill toss another app in this week. Thanks 100% bro
>>
>>1952190
good luck take care
>>
>>1951759
>So the TEFL thread is saying that teaching ESL is not just low paying but basically totally unfeasible.
I don't think anyone said it's unfeasible. The anon posting the most dire warnings still did it himself for a couple, and he was a dispatch ALT which is the worst and lowest paying TEFL job in Japan. The point all those anons were telling you is not to consider teaching in Japan for a career and not to expect to save any money.
>>
>>1951407
>>Where should I stay in Tokyo?
>Anywhere on the JR Yamanote loop line.
Chuo-sobu line is better
Shinjuku, Iidabashi, Akihabara, Ryogoku, and if you want it goes all the way to Chiba station in Chiba prefecture
>>
>>1951888
>Masks are dehumanizing
Please never come to Japan
It's just a part of life here that nobody complains about because it doesn't fucking matter
In fact I feel naked if I go out without a mask, since people will think I'm an asshole, because only assholes don't wear a mask
>>
>>1951903
In Tokyo it's literally business as usual because people aren't jerks like Americunts who refuse to follow procedures like wearing a mask.
Only difference is contact sports like Judo are focusing on calisthenics instead of sparring and bars have been asked to close at 8pm, which isn't an issue because Japan has 24 hour convenience stores on every corner with all kinds of booze for alcoholics to imbibe
>>
>>1952214
>bars have been asked to close at 8pm
that is kind of an issue if you enjoy nightlife. rather just wait until this whole dumbass things goes away. whenever that is.
>>
>>1952213
>Please never come to Japan
Already here.
>In fact I feel naked if I go out without a mask
You sound like an incredibly fragile faggot.
>>
>>1951407
Test
>>
>>1952216
>You sound like an incredibly fragile faggot.
That's why you shouldn't come here, because everybody feels that way in this age and you're an ignorant americunt who refuses to abide by the social norms because MUH FREEDUMBS
>>
>>1952214
>In Tokyo it's literally business as usual because
It's also because they want to keep panic down as much as possible in order to make their gorillion dollar money sink actually happen.
>>
>>1952219
>That's why you shouldn't come here
Like I said, I already am.
>because everybody feels that way in this age
They don't, it's just that compliance is the route of least resistance.
>>
>>1951421
They do excursions so often. Never alone though, theyre always in large groups with caretakers then.
>>
>>1951505
I stayed from September 2019 to September 2020 so while all this Corona shit is going on I am on Japan cooldown and when travel is possible again I am ready to go back.
>>
>>1951451
HAHAHAHAGAGA
>>
File: 1598153987566.png (176 KB, 510x602)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>1952213
>loser immigrant thinks he speaks for the Japanese people
Kek, you do realize your kind is a far greater cancer on Japanese society than the holocough, right? Kys asap faggot.
>>
>>1952236
>loser tourist thinks he speaks for Japanese people more than someone who lives here
I bet you're an American, only an American could be that dumb
Please never leave your shithole country
>>
>>1952246
You will always be a loser immigrant in Japan. How does it feel to undermine Japanese society on a daily basis?
>>
>>1952251
I'm pretty happy here desu
Comfy life with pretty with my pretty wife and not a care in the world
How's being an incel NEET in burgerstan?
>>
end of last year I got sick of all the uncertainty and just bought plane ticket to Tokyo for the very end of October this year, for a month long trip. i'm not feeling hopeful bros. every motherfucker and their dog is hopping online to give their predictions of what will happen. and those predictions swing wildly from "restrictions will be lifted by start of summer, by end of summer we'll be largely ok" to "travel will not be possible until beyond 2022". I don't know what to believe anymore.

N O H O P E
>>
>>1951888
Yeah, it's kinda fucked up. Imagine being like 17 or 18 and having to stay home for like 2 years, because some 90 years have a 5% of dying when they get corona.
>>
>>1952236
Nobody in Japan really gives a shit about wearing masks except for nut jobs.
>>
>>1952214
That wasn’t my point at all...
>>
>>1952199
But is it possible to start as an ALT and get better teaching jobs later? I’m thinking like teaching college or something.
>>
>>1952257
Are you me? I'm a black guy living in Kyoto with my wife. Being a foreigner in Japan is max comfy. The locals love having me here too. I've been living here for two years, so I pretty much know everything there is to know about Japan at this point.
>>
>>1952303
Most college teachers have a masters or PhD., like everywhere else in the world.
>>
>>1952303
You can certainly start as an ALT and find a better gig. Your visa isn’t tied to your job, but once you quit/fired you’ve only got 2-3 months to find another before your visa is revoked. (There are ways around that too, depending on the length of your visa.) Many new teachers are duped into working at a place like Interac, and many of them will quit and switch jobs. I’d estimate at least 50% of them do. The ones who signed apartment leases in remote areas with no other nearby employers probably account for the 50% who finish their contracts.

Like another anon said, you usually need graduate degrees to work at a university, but there are university versions of ALTs - check out agencies like Westgate. It’s not a fun job but looks good on your resume if you want to move into working at universities.
>>
>>1952279
I'll say things will return to normal in 2025. Tourists in Japan allowed in end of 22. These things take time.
>>
>>1952309
this seems pessimistic.
quick, someone post a completely contrary opinion and call him a fucking moron.
>>
>>1952305
Could I teach English in a college? I have a masters but its in an unrelated subject.
>>
Give it to me straight.
Is going to Japan in May for a two week trip at all a realistic plan?
>>
>>1952347
No
>>
>>1952352
well shit
>>
>>1952309
Fucking moron
Tourists won't be let in till 2025, and that's only *IF* Americans start wearing masks religiously
Otherwise it's 2035
And any illegal immigrants will be put in a rocket and fired into the sun
>>
>>1952342
I've seen job advertisements for STEM university teachers
Well paid ones too
Masters or PhD mandatory
If you didn't study STEM then idk why you even went to university, I guess for easy pussy
>>
>>1952308
I work at a university now which is why I asked.

How difficult is it to get and keep a visa for jobs other than teaching teaching or tech?
>>
>>1952359
kek
>>
>>1952213
>It's just a part of life here
No. Wearing a mask when you are sick is a part of life in Japan. Nobody in Japan wears masks when they're feeling fine. This is not normal and not part of Japanese culture, you dumb faggot.
>>
>>1952373
The government asked people to wear masks so everybody wears a mask
Everybody except homeless people
Thank god there's currently no Ameristan tourists to shit up the place with their autistic need to rebel against everything including common decency
I'll be sad when travel starts again
>>
>>1952347
May seems unlikely imo.
The EARLIEST I can conceive travel being allowed is late this year and that's only if vaccine rollouts go amazingly well, no new killer vaccine resistant strain pops up and summer weather keeps spikes down despite countries easing out of lockdowns. to think we'll be travelling internationally in may, in 2 and a half months... not gonna happen.
>>
File: yes.png (183 KB, 771x804)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>1952376
>need to rebel against everything including common decency
Yes.
>>
>>1951897
they never were integral part of their culture you stupid retarded NPC.
>>
>>1952213
>In fact I feel naked if I go out without a mask, since people will think I'm an asshole, because only assholes don't wear a mask

Spoken like a true NPC, they programmed you well, you can be proud on yourself.
>>
you are all faggots ruining yet another japan thread
>>
>>1952453
>using meme arrows
>using the NPC meme
Looks like reddit has programmed you well, you forgot your epic frog meme though.
>>
> my COE is currently processing
I guess I'm in.
>>
Why do they eat sand in Japan?
>>
>>1952494
Because they hate wiches.
>>
>>1952376
Americans living in this dude's head rent free.
>t. British expat in Japan that doesn't wear a mask
>>
File: tokyocampingcar.jpg (112 KB, 600x549)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>1951407
I'm looking into renting an RV and driving around Japan with some friends once international travel opens up a bit more, was wondering if anyone here has done it before, and if there's anything to look out for?
I assume you just need an international drivers license.
And lastly what are costs like? Any good places to rent?
>>
>>1952557
Make sure to check that any equipment will be compatible with the power frequencies of the locations you'll end up, especially if you're crossing the Kanto frequency divide.
This applies even more if it's an imported model.
>>
>>1952368
You’re a mouth breather so please don’t come to Japan.

You work in a university, do they routinely hire people from across the world to teach classes that aren’t in their field of study?

>>1952466
Let me throw some more shit into the mix.

>I’m a DoD fag making $100k+ a year

I usually don’t talk about that though because a lot of other DoD fags are insufferable.

>>1952557
Driving kinda sucks in Japan. Parking is expensive and traffic is generally shitty.
>>
>>1952567
>Driving kind of sucks
Maybe in tokyo. When I was contracting in aomori last year, driving was fucking great. Must have driven all over aomori prefecture and akita
>>
File: IMG_20191028_123558.jpg (1.86 MB, 3264x2448)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
Anyone else done the Alpine Route? I did it in 2019 and while it's a little touristy, I had a good day and thought it was worth it. I also ended my night in Matsumoto and spent the next day there. It's a quite city with a comfy feel. People were nice in Matsumoto and they had some comfy breweries and restaurants.
>>
>>1951759
Yeah bro don't teach English, you'll die in poverty. Me? I work as a contractor for the Department of Defence. 200k starting, and I can rape any girl I want.
>>
>>1952347
May no, fall more likely, winter definitely

i'm planning on going skiing in Nagano in Dec/Jan
>>
How good would these threads be without mutts and their fucking never ending retarded shit.
>>
>>1952586
I’ve driven all over most of the country. The highways aren’t really built out and sometimes you’ll get stuck in traffic in the weirdest places at the absolute weirdest times.

Also I did kind of assume the anon wanting to rent an RV would at least want to come near cities at some point, and even in suburban areas parking can be a hassle. Outside of that, RVs are pretty big and some roads can be pretty narrow.
>>
>>1952596
>rent free
>>
>>1952596
you would just seethe about something else and shit it up
>>
>>1952347
lol no

on this note, I blocked off 10 days to go to Japan in the last week of October of this year. not sure they'll be open by then though. Anybody else just gonna risk it and buy the plane ticket?
>>
>>1952651
I'm just gonna wait until I graduate next summer and get a job over there in aviation. No point in trying to buy a plane ticket at this point
>>
>>1952376
wearing a mask 24/7 all year still isn't a part of Japanese culture. Please don't lie in these threads anymore.
>>
>>1952651
Tourists can buy JR east tickets in April, so there is that. The earliest we are looking at open doors is August, absolute earliest. Realistically it's most likely going to be late fall/early winter.

I'm not booking anything till July earliest or whenever they announce re-opening guidelines. Last thing I would want is "JAPAN REOPENING*****" also you need to suck at least 20 dicks and only be allowed in X place with a maximum of Z days.
>>
>>1951505
I went in 2018 2019 Christmas, wanted to do the 2019 2020 Christmas break again but the rona man.

Wanted to go snowboarding too! Gives me a chance to save and build my house though.
>>
>>1952697
This year for Aussies maybe, you burgers are fucked til 2023
>>
>>1952711
>This year for Aussies maybe
HAHAHAHA
>you burgers are fucked til 2023
nah, Korea is open to us and has been for a while. Japan will follow suite here shortly
>>
>>1952711
does your government even let you outside your house yet?
>>
>>1952713
>>1952716
Literally no country wants covid infested burgers arriving for years
>>
>>1952721
Is that why the USA has a slew of countries we can travel to already?
>>
All in all, how do nips treat foreigners?
>>
>>1952723
In my experience here, 90% of the autistic screeching about Japan hating foreigners comes from people who don’t understand the situation and the fact that Japan expats and preexisting mental health issues go together like bacon and eggs.
>>
>>1952723
only mild racism that you pick up on over a few weeks. nothing that is bothersome to me. mostly notice it on trains. im white so maybe your mileage will vary. everyone was nice even if it was fake nice (which you will notice).
>>
For >>1952725
See>>1952733
>>
>>1952722
Africa and South America? Countries where COVID is rampant. Wow!
>>
>>1952725
>>1952733
My friends who have already visited have said that the girls are either all over you or avoid you like the plague, is this true or bullshit? They're all white as am I.
>>
>>1952725
i've met 5-6 people from this general and none were on the spectrum that i could tell. we drank and had fun. im sure there are tons of autist here but most that travel overseas alone are at least a little bit normal.

>>1952739
depends where you are maybe? in osaka clubs if you are chad you might get some attention. problem is the language barrier. i got baited by a jap chick letting me hang all over her into a gay bar at 5am. as soon as we got in the bar she irl ghosted me. left and sat by a family mart chilling with drunk japs until the trains opened.
>>
Apparently Osaka is thinking about lifting state of emergency early, you think it will be easier to go in through Kansai International if that happens?
>>
>>1952739
It depends on you more than just being white. Think about it like this, if you’re a 5/10 at home, you might be able to pull 7/10 in Japan. But you aren’t going to magically have chicks flock to you.

>>1952742
>traveling alone
>not on the spectrum
I have some bad news for you.
>>
>>1952738
Eastern european countries, south korea, etc.
>>
>>1952767
Lol, no.
>>
>>1952770
>2 weeks in hotel quarantine
Now this is travelling!
>>
>>1952775
Better than what you can do kiwi, besides would just work for 2 weeks in my hotel, recover from all jet lag, and be good to go after.

Working from home anyway, whats 2 weeks in a hotel?
>>
>>1952768
>not having complete freedom to do exactly what you want, when you want, how you want
ngmi
>>
File: Capture.png (12 KB, 348x356)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
had a little fun acting like i was in tokyo
>>
>>1952775
>go to Korea
>spend 2 weeks working in hotel
>let employer know you're taking personal time starting day after last day of quarantine
>take time off
>stay working in korea a little longer as needed
>come back home on some weekend
>"Yes TSA man going back to quarantine at home right after this"
done.
>>
>>1952789
Yeah, coming from the guy who got “baited” into a gay bar.
>>
>>1952567
>do they routinely hire people from across the world to teach classes that aren’t in their field of study?
Yes.
>>
If I wanted to work in Japan what would be the best way to do it? I'm British btw and would rather not be an English teacher.
>>
>>1952984
Software industry.
>>
Which ALT company should I abuse for a visa? I dont give a shit about teaching but I would like to stay for a year and I better just go ahead now before all the desperate weebs realize there wont be any 2 week trips with a hOpeFul OcToBeR date or whatever.

obviously not going now or before may even but might as well get my half of the shit in a row so there no hold ups and before the graduating weeb fags get their degrees this summer
>>
>>1952723
I'm blond with blue eyes and they want to take group pictures with me. Weirded my wife a lot. She has dark hair and brown eyes do she was not welcome in the pics.
>>
>>1952690
But they always wear a mask when they have a flu. Even a normal flu.
>>
>>1952651
Might be you need to be those full 10 days in quarantine. The shitty part is, you won't be even eligible for refunds.
>>
>>1952993
Well fuck, I have a degree but I'm a retard and couldn't do something like that.
>>
>>1953003
It would make the task easier if you'd tell what your degrees, skills and talents are.
>>
>>1953005
Its a Media/ Marketing masters, I just graduated so I don't really have any experience. I'm in the process of learning Japanese and I did design for a bit so I'm quite familiar with several adobe programs but apart from that I'm pretty skill-less.
>>
So is the two week mandatory quarantine at a sanctioned hotel or can you just go straight to your apartment?
>>
Hotel recommendations for Shinjuku? I'm gonna go to tokyo to party for a week so preferably something conducive to that. Budget is up to $250 a night for accommodation. No cheap shit
>>
>>1953056
Meant to type $350/night for budget
>>
then look up hotel websites with for that budget? most people here go for cheaper hotels as they as just using them to sleep. APA are the size of a close aat run anywhere from $75-$100.
>>
>>1953056
>>1953074
>>1953080
>>
>>1953014
Listen to others over me, but I think unless you’re in a niche engineering or science field, programming, or know fluent Japanese, it’s hard to find something other than teaching.
>>
I knew a guy who taught English in japan in osaka. Pretty good looking guy with blonde hair and blue eyes. Rich family. Best he could do with women was a Christmas cake japanese roastie with bad teeth.

The way I see it is moving to Japan as a foreigner basically signs you up to life as a second class citizen. You're basically what black people are in America
>>
>>1953112
>You're basically what black people are in America

Living in Japan made me understand what it’s like to be a Black in America, lol
>>
>>1953112
>>1953114
noticeable on trains. other than that I never felt it.
>>
>>1952125
kek - I got bumped up to 80% last montb with some decent backpay. considering I got a legit software gig at [major software company] the only things i worry about are [crippling loneliness] kek
>>
>>1952776
>paying for a hotel for 2 extra weeks and working nocturnally
>lmao this is fine omg i love quarantine i love it
you are coping.
>>
>>1953112
or, and hear me out here. that guy would have been a fucking loser anywhere
>>
>>1953112
>going to a country where you're minority makes you feel like a minority
whoa mindblowing analysis
>>
>>1952801
what website
>>
>>1953182

its tokyo henai club you fucking moron how are you hear and cant piece that together
>>
>>1952723
It entirely depends on the situation and whether or not you understand Japanese.
>>
>>1953112
Oh shit this guy's friend is a buffoon, quick cancel your flights to Japan guys.
>>
>>1953114
>what it’s like to be a Black in America
People give you free shit all the time and have more tolerance for retardation from you? Honestly if thats how blacks have it in America then I'm damned glad I don't live there. Being a foreigner in Japan isn't difficult at all.
>>
>>1953112
This board is so dramatic.

I’ve never had a Japanese person hesitate to take an open seat next to me on the train unless there were dozens of open seats already. And I can’t chalk that up to racism because if I had to choose between sitting next to me and 5’2” 100lb Japanese lady I’m not going to sit next to me either. You tards just read 15 year old blog posts about gaijin smashing and expat bubbles and think that shit is still commonplace. The only place you can still get the gaijin experience is out the little bumblefuck towns and even then, most of the locals are just going to be wondering why you would waste time to travel to their shitty town.

You’re not special one way or the other.
>>
>>1953321
i noticed it but who really gives a fuck. it's nothing and id rather have the space anyways.
>>
>>1953321
>I’ve never had a Japanese person hesitate to take an open seat next to me on the train

most.beta.ever
>>
>>1953336
What? Letting somebody sit next to me?

Most of the time it’s women.
>>
File: 1612732321931.jpg (10 KB, 240x240)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>1952801
who cums more than once
>>
At this point, wouldnt the olympics being cancelled a good thing for us bros?
>Less tourists
>no price hike because of influx of normies
>economic downturn would mean lowering of prices
>>
>>1952723
I was treated alright, like you would expect to be treated as a paying customer in any self-respecting first world country
Some shop owners were particularly intrigued about my home country and asked me shit

That being said im neither a tranny or a nigger
>>
>>1952801
I miss this feel bros
>luke auschwitz
lmao
>>
>>1953535
I can go 3 rounds.
>>
>>1953321
I know an American who lives in Japan but looks distinctly American. I think ethnically he’s like an Irish-Italian mutt but he purposely dresses, grooms, presents himself like a Japanese person would and as far as I can tell, he is treated like he is basically Japanese. From what I can tell, people do absolutely nothing to fit in. They don’t even learn the language. Then they complain about how they’re second class citizens or something. Yeah, they are but it’s not because they’re American. It’s because they’re lazy and retarded.
>>
>>1953552
if the olympics are cancelled I'd say theres a 0 chance of being let into the country this year
>>
>>1953552
just do them without a crowd
>>
>>1953577
problem with me when i was there and fitting in was they all started wearing full on winter clothes in Octoboer. The weather wasn't even chilly let alone cold. It was 70F some days and everyone was in jackets and scarfs. I dressed according to the temperature not not the date and stood out from that alone im sure
>>
Quick question but do men compare dick sizes in an onsen and would they jugde a black guy who doesn't have a large dick?
>>
>>1953687
yeah, i almost didn't get past penis inspection from the owner once due to my smaller size.
>>
>>1953687
They check before you enter the onsen. Expect to be not allowed to use certain facilities because of your size.
>>
>>1953687
They STD check you.
>>
How would one go about buying drugs in Tokyo? I know they're pretty uptight when it comes to drugs but surely there's some easy way to get some there
>>
>>1953718
Buy as much as you can at home then shove them up your ass.
>>
>>1953718
talkt to shady Nigerians in Shinjuku and hope you don't get robbed.
>>
anyone try to get in on the 1 year tourist visa (the 30MM JPY one) or look into it in more detail? they ask for some months of bank statements, and seem to specifically want the money to be in the account rather than in investments. i do not keep such an amount of money in a bank account, and neither does probably anyone who is not either filthy rich or has no clue about money management. i could make the situation so i have a snapshot of cash in bank but idk if that would suffice, hence my question. i am not eligible for the jp working holiday visa
>>
How effective is tinder in Japan?
>>
>>1953742
if you can read/write jap then probably decent. 95% of the profiles are in jap and most of those are dumb pictures of cats or a cup of coffee. I only swiped right on profiles that had english in them. Got laid once from it, but barely used it.
>>
>>1951415
My fucking sides
>>
>>1953739
I had to have 10k in my bank. Had to pull in a sponsor to cover the rest. They just need a snapshot so ask to borrow from a parent, snap it. Then give the money back.
>>
>>1953739
I am a third world nigger who needs a single entry visa every time I want to visit and a snapshot was good enough for me.
Link on this 1 year visa? Can't find anything about the 30M yen.
>>
>>1953742
I dated a couple girls using Tinder but all Japanese women seem childish af. Waste of time
>>
>>1953825
Find the filos though, all the ones I met were hotter (and had straight teeth) and were DTF
>>
>>1953887
Not all of them
>>
>>1953892
They pretty much all do
>>
>>1953914
They definitely have that mongoloid monkey nose. Some Japs do too, but it's way less and usually less pronounced for the ones who do.
>>
>>1953825
Better childish than a woman that acts like a guy (see, western women)
>>
>>1953687
They don't care for dick size but I've heard them dig out the "no gaijin" signs out when they see black people trying to enter.
>>
>>1951899
1/10 piss poor b8 m8
>>
>>1953827
Going to Japan to fuck jungle Asians is like going to a Michelin rated restaurant to eat popcorn.

They’re DTF because they’re trash women.
>>
>>1953774
i'm assuming you're referring to a different type of visa
>>1953793
use some keywords such as japan wealthy tourist visa and links will come up. i've read a report of someone who did it, and the visa type is mentioned on the official embassy site of the country i live, seems all legit. i think some agreement between countries needs to be in place i.e. not all countries are eligible.
>>
If I move to Japan when I'm 30 will it still be easy to get Jap girls?
>>
>>1954023
yeah. Plenty of younger Japanese settle for older guys because they enjoy economic stability.
>>
Barbarians like you don't come to Japan
Vulgar than the Chinese
>>
>>1954047
B..but I like the culture.... Plus I don't want to live in bongland my whole life.
>>
>>1954009
Hm, now that I think about it, I've never actually seen a nigger in an onsen.
>>
>>1954091
>>1954009
Do they really not like niggers?
>>
I'm participating in a webinar tomorrow about the country reopening. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
>>
>>1954133
great
>>
>>1954097
Nope. Either they are treated with disgust or as comedic relief.

Does not help that black people in japan are often hired by local criminals to scare people to buy illegal stuff or rob them.
>>
>>1954157
I always wondered how the Nigerians ended up in Roppongi etc. So many whites want to live there etc, yet Nigerians also travel and live there and get more free-passes than Westerners.
>>
>>1954009
Probably has more to do with Africans not being ok with total nudity.
Speaking of onsens, how clean are they given that they aren't treated? Is the pre-onsen cleaning supposed to essentially be a full wash?
>>
>>1954169
there's a reason for onsens often closing entire days.
>>
>>1954169
Hot water mixed with the pre wash means they're relatively clean.
>>
File: 1613103763194.png (23 KB, 128x128)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
Anything good to see in Chiba? I live next to the prefecture (in Katsushika) but I haven't explored it much. Thinking about checking out Narita village this weekend.
>>
>>1954169
>Is the pre-onsen cleaning supposed to essentially be a full wash?
Yes. You sit on that bench and wash your hair with shampoo and scrub yourself with towel. They can get insanely mad if foreigner tries to go to the bath without a proper wash first. And this all happens completely naked.

I never got why people are so afraid of nudity there but then again I`m Finnish and we have the same thing with sauna.
>>
Weird question, but whatever. What options are there to get a job in the Japanese sports industry, specifically basketball? If I want to get hired as a coach, how should I go about it?
>>
>>1954185
CIR
>>
>>1954179
I hate your Fin-tan mascot.
>>
>>1954187
Whats that?
>>
>>1954211
cir deez nuts nigga haha
>>
>>1954009
Wtf I have easily been in an onsen before, it was in the ryokan i stayed at in Kyoto. I'm a black femanon who's not from the US
>>
>>1954257
Relax, 95% of the posters here LARP about living in Japan anyway.

You'll get tossed from an onsen for having a tattoo before you'll get tossed for being black.
>>
Speaking of onsens and tattoos has anyone been to a tattoo friendly one?
>>
File: 1209151527.jpg (396 KB, 1737x977)
396 KB
396 KB JPG
>>1954315
I went to one in Hokkaid because my friend has a tattoo. In some reviews it said it was run by Yakuza. I was like "heh ya right, you probably wont see any there". Everybody there was an old dude with full back and arm tattoos. They were all really chill and funny. They also had some of the best curry I've had.
>>
>>1954325
Yakuza probably won't murder a random gaijin as it would be incredibly easy to tie back to them.
>>
>>1954325
Isn't it fucking uncomfortable in the cold.
>>
>>1954332
are you stupid?

the water is hot
>>
>>1954332
Is what uncomfortable?
>>
>>1954334
>>1954335
being out in the cold. I know the water is hot.
>>
>>1954342
You sound like a giant pussy
>>
Redpill me on nip girls
>>
>>1954348
Maybe? I have never been in snow.
>>
>>1954350
they have black hair
>>
>>1954179
Of course the Finnish guy are used to the benis :DDDDDDDDDDD
fug x-DDDDD
>>
>>1954350
They have them.
>>
>>1954350
they make out weird as fuck to me. like stick their tongues out and wiggle it. also they make a lot of odd noises during sex. only fucked 2 when i was there and didn't pay.
>>
>>1954380
I've heard they're a shit fuck, is this true?
>>
>>1954381
for me yes but both i fucked could only say like 4 words english and same for me in jap. they both sucked my dick. 1 just laid there the whole time. the other did that and finaly said "bak bak bak" which i figured out was doggy, but she kept running from my dick so it was hard.
>>
>2 week quarantine on arrival
>2 weeks quarantine on return
>have 4 weeks off

A small but heartfelt ree
>>
>>1954133
Thank you Anon. Out of curiosity, who is hosting the webinar?
>>
>>1954387
It's a housing service I'm a part of. Don't get your hopes up too high, there may be nothing about the country reopening, but if there's anything of interest I will share it.
>>
>>1954392
is it held in Japanese?
>>
>>1954393
Pretty sure it'll be multilingual but I have no idea what that entails. Bare minimum it'll be in English.
>>
It makes sense to book a flight now, no? Even if travel is banned to Japan thru 202, you can still reschedule at any point within a year after purchase.

So I book a flight for October 2021 tomorrow, but if I'm still banned by October or this year, I just rebook for October 2022 before 2/13/22 and I should be fine

This way I get the cheap rate risk free since 2022 travel is gonna be expensive as fuck when travel officially opens up
>>
I’m going to japan for 13 days, is it worth spending two days at Kyoto or should I just go 4 days to Osaka or something. There’s going to be a fire festival or something in Kyoto and was thinking that would be cool
>>
>>1954460
I’m going right after the olympics so if the olympics get cancelled I know I’m fucked and my plans are ruined btw
>>
>>1954185
Contact him
https://twitter.com/bttoews
Here are some jobs for the women's team
>>
>>1954460
Kyoto and it's surroundings are worth a week tbqh.
>>
>>1954257
Femanons are treated differently. They wont respect you any more than black men but they tolerate you more cause the men fantasize of enslaving you and making you their love slave.
>>
>>1954489
Yeah but you have to fuck the women on the team, alll of them. Like in Mr. Baseball.
>>
>>1954589
sounds like a you thing
>>
>>1954489
thanks man
>>
>>1954257
>>1954604
Have you made the obligatory "racism in Japan" post yet on social media?
>>
Anyone else get woken up by the earthquake?

Hopefully everyone is Sendai/Fukushima is ok
>>
>>1954611
have you tried not being French?
>>
How many people is too many to travel with to Japan?

I was originally planning a solo trip, but eventually the plan was to go with 2 other people I'm close with. Now another friend happens to be going to Japan at some point to and they want to coordinate and go together. Thing is we'd literally have about 12 or 13 people in a group everywhere we'd be traveling with. That's too many, isn't it? Plus I don't even know more than half of them.
>>
>>1954655
Defianetly too many. Herding cats is an appt saying for a reason. You're always waiting for somebody, interests clash, finding a place to eat becomes a two-hour long debate.
Me being the hermit I am, even travelling with like 3-4 people I know well can get extremely tiring very quickly.
>>
>>1954659
are you the type that goes mute all of a sudden when among friends for a longer period of time, withdraws quickly and suddenly disappears without a trace without saying anything?
>>
>>1954675
>goes mute all of a sudden
Depends on the company, if it's just people I've known for years then no. Otherwise, it is possible.
>disappears
No. If I'm leaving the group that I've been hanging out with, I'll let at least one or two people know. Even if the excuse for leaving was obviously fake
>>
>>1954688
That's good.
>>
>>1954643
woken up? It was 11:00.

It was the largest earthquake I've felt since moving to Japan. 7.0 magnitude. Only a few things fell off my refrigerator. Still have electricity and water. News says no tsunami.
>>
>>1954712
how long have you lived there?
>>
Anyone know how bad the work environment is for a developer at Amazon in Japan? I saw they had positions in Tokyo, but between how bad the overall work environment sounds at Amazon + the Japanese work culture I cannot help but wonder.
>>
I understand that teaching ESL is not a viable career but is it possible to become a normal teacher and make that your “career”? I know a few coding languages but I just have zero interest in doing the whole corporate style job thing again.
>>
>>1954773
You need to speak the language fluently and then become certified which I'm pretty certain requires you to attend uni there. If your asking this question, you most likely won't be getting the job
>>
How much is this anon bullshitting?
>>1952173
>>
>>1954780
>If your asking this question, you most likely won't be getting the job
What is that even supposed to mean?
>>
>>1954773
Try looking into something like Gogo Nihon. They can get you a special language student visa. If you have the right degree and credentials they can help you find a full time work in Japan after you graduate and part time while you study. You wont get any degree or certificate from them or the language schools. They just help you pass the JLPT. Most people just use it to get an extended stay through their language student visa.
>>
>>1953986
Western woman don't act like men, we would tolerate them much more if they did. They switch between acting like 14 year old boys when they think they have power, and 14 year old girls when they want something.
>>
>>1954784

nigger does it sound too good to fucking be true? That anecdote is like you knowing Neal Armstrong stood on the moon and asking if you can just rock up to NASA and go fuck off on the moon.

IF YOU ARE NOT FUCKING GIRLS IN YOUR COUNTRY, YOU ARE NOT GONNA GO TO JAPAN AND SUDDENLY BE DROWNING IN PUSSY YOU DENSE FUCK.

Like honestly you're so stupid I can only hope you are pretty enough I dont know how you've survived to adult hood without stepping in front of a bus
>>
Planning a trip for next year. Is Numazu worth staying for a day or am I better just making it a day trip from Tokyo?
>>
>>1954936
This. Though I'd say you will be a little more likely to get laid if you can find one of those girls who are wet for gaijins.
>>
>>1954940
It's OK. There's a little port area that's worth a look, if a bit touristy, and there are some good places to eat seafood around, as well as a few craft beer places. Shizuoka city a bit west is a small/medium sized city that is fun. Also, there's a cycling route along the ocean that you can ride between the city and Numazu. Some epic views of Fuji.
>>
>>1954133
any word anon?
>>
>>1954969
It's happening right now. Sadly not much word on reopening. Didn't know about the 72 hour PCR test before departure flight and and technically 15 days quarantine (24 hr after arrival + 14 days worth of PCR test)
>>
>>1954967
>as well as a few craft beer places
Yeah the Baird taproom was one of the main reasons I wanted to go, but just wanted to see if anything else was worth it as I didn't want to go just for it. I'll look into Shizuoka as well. Thanks anon.
>>
>>1951505

same, I had one planned during October 2020. Had to cancel that one. Rebooked during October 2020 for march 2021. Cancelled that too. Now I'm thinking of booking for August but I think it won't be over by then and just accept this BS
>>
>>1954773
>become a normal teacher
Only if you have a real teaching license. The thing is every ESL teacher here has a TEFL or a CELTA certificate that you can get in a month or two. So if you want to apply for a real job at a real high school or college you need to have an actual teaching license or a master's degree. The market is oversaturated.
>>
>>1954981
Other than the novelty of being at the first Baird Taproom, or a view of the port, there’s no reason whatsoever to go to Numazu just for that. IMO, the Bashamichi Taproom in Yokohama is the best one to visit. If you’re interested in drinking craft beer in that area, I’d definitely hit Shizuoka city. There are a number of places that serve Baird beers, a bunch of other decent beer bars, and the brewery with maybe the most hype in Japan atm, West Coast Brewing, is based there and has a taproom, 12, right near the station.
>>
>>1954784
>Talks about how he's swimming in pussy
>another anon asks him about his craziest story
>he doesn't have one

Jesus Christ, I understand that you probably want to believe it, but come on.
>>
i was recommended to share a resource i am making for djt with you guys
you can see the sneak peak here: >>>/jp/33177391

@ me if you have suggestions
>>
>>1955041
genuinly based!
>>
>>1953535
no one, it's like the idea of an all you can eat buffet, you pay more than a regular 3 course meal, but end up eating the same amount
>>
>>1955041
I'm impressed by your applied autism.
>>
How are the hookers in Japan?
>>
File: 1613045969829.gif (1.56 MB, 498x498)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB GIF
>>1955041
incredibly based
>>
>>1954755
Amazon is either hell on earth or pretty cushy, depending on what team you’re on. Pretty much every person I’ve talked to from Amazon and myself have this same sentiment. It’s a huge company, so it’s a total grab bag, and every team has their own unique culture. Currently a PM for them, but I’m going to go back into startups. Kind of depends on what you like/hate about tech, but I’d say if you want to move to Japan, amazon might not be a bad way to do it. Sometimes they offer generous relocation packages
>>
>>1955091
Depends on whether or not you can speak Japanese. If not, and I’m guessing that’s the case, you’re limited to one escort service, Asian Mystique. The women there are not the cream, and that’s an understatement, but you can get fucked sideways for ¥35000 for 2 hours. Otherwise, there are a few soaplands like Darling Harbor that have a slag or two. Other than those two gimmes, there are some services that may allow.
>>
>>1954332
It's fucking invigorating. Soak up the heat in the bath, then sit on a bench out in the cold, naked as the day you were born, then climb back into the heat. It'll make you feel like a new man.
>>
>>1954978
>technically 15 days quarantine
Welp, here's an emphatic "reeeeeeeee" from me.
>>
>>1955131
God, I was so bloody lucky on my last Japan trip in March 2020 to enter the country just a few days before all Europeans were forced to quarantine for two weeks.
>>
>>1951505
>I got back from Japan in January of 2020
For me it was January 2019, miss it every single day. I literally have not stopped thinking about it.
>>
>>1951649
I've been spending my money since there's nothing to do, I'm so incredibly bored. I've gotten into stocks due to the boredom and made $20k like it was nothing, but it doesn't matter. All I want to do is travel lol
>>
>>1955151
Get a home gym and get buff.
I completely planned roughly a dozen trips in the last 11 months and already reserved the money for all of them.
>>
>>1955153
I've gotten stronger than I normally am, but the problem is boredom causes me to eat. Not looking to lose any weight or anything like that until the borders are about to re-open because if I give up eating I'll just be even more bored. Just doing basic muscle strengthening as my belly gets fat, but interestingly I've come to a realization that being fat with muscle makes you stronger because weight is extremely important in fights. I know for a fact if I lose my belly I won't be able to push stuff around as easily.
>>
>>1955142
Me too, and I've stayed here for almost a year on tourist visa extensions. My only regret is that I've spent so long as a tourist I will probably be barred from returning for a while.
>>
>>1955158
How is that possible? Iirc the only reason to extend a tourist visa is that no flights to your home country are available.
>>
>>1955156
You can be a weightlifter, be stronger, and look good wearing clothes. Or you can be a bodybuilder and look good without clothes. Since you talk about fighting I assume you're in a place where that is a potential occurrence, and I agree it's better to look intimidating and be stronger than the other guy. However once you're back in Japan (or other safe and civilized parts of the world) you reap more benefits from looking like a bodybuilder, and that's not easy to achieve overnight. Even a crash diet on an EC stack can leave you with a flabby gut for months. If you can't stop eating from boredom then my advice is to cut out carbs as much as possible and try to graze on clean protein.
>>
>>1955162
>and look good wearing clothes.
Are you serious? Just look at photos of Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 70s or 80s wearing his spare time clothes. You can't really tell if he is buff or just fat.
>>
>>1955161
That got me my first two extensions. On my third they said that excuse no longer works so I went to Kobe and applied there. Kobe has given me another two extensions without asking for proof that I can't fly home.
>>
>>1955166
Based. So what have you been doing in Japan during the last 11 months? I left on April 6th and most corona restrictions started on April 1st (like restaurants closing early, and brothels closing).
>>
>>1955170
There have only been a couple of early-closing lockdown periods in Tokyo. The worst was last spring when the gyms were closed for a couple of months. I've been working remotely, dating, visiting empty tourist attractions and drinking with friends. Probably the best year of my life.
>>
>>1955173
Lucky bastard. I'm home and working remotely, too. But all bars, restaurants and clubs are closed. All music festivals were cancelled, cinemas and theaters are closed. At least I have my home gym.
>>
Is it actually true that I can't get a work visa in Japan for something like working behind the counter at a record shop or something like that?
>>
>>1955207
I've seen quite young turks work in family mart. I don't see why record stores would be out of the question. Maybe because they're often small and only need one employee.
>>
>>1955209
Sure, they might be international students working part time though
I asked because people generally say that you have to have an undergrad degree (I will have one, so not a problem) and that you can't get a degree for blue collar work, but I haven't seen anything official saying you can't get a visa for blue collar jobs so I thought it was worth asking
I suppose what I could do is follow the steps in this article (https://lostintokyo.jp/working-in-japan/freelance-visa-in-japan) and get a job doing writing/graphic design/publication design one day a week, then use the 'permission to engage in other activities) to get a part time job as a cashier somewhere
>>
>>1955207
maybe if you marry someone who owns a record shop.
>>
File: pepe mask off.png (51 KB, 1000x1000)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>1955215
>marry someone
that's the hard part anon
>>
>>1955221
I'd argue that marrying someone is easier than marrying someone who owns a record shop specifically. Let alone a woman.
>>
>>1955211
It's because there are different types of visas. To get a specialist visa you need a degree or verifiable work experience. That visa is valid for a number of years and will let you change jobs (and even be unemployed for a while) without needing to reapply for new visa. To work in a shop you need a general labor visa (I forget the exact name), which is tied to your job, and if you quit/fired you need to immediately leave and apply for a new job from outside Japan. Someone on a student, working holiday, or spousal visa can work any type of job without limitation (although the student is restricted in the number of hours they can work each week).

Your biggest hurdle to working in a record store is finding someone who will sponsor you, file the necessary paperwork, and wait for you to arrive and start the job. Normally they would just go to an agency that specializes in providing general labor workers from SE. Those workers have gone to vocational schools in their home countries to study Japanese etiquette and cobini (or 'manual') keigo. If they cause problems or disappear, the agency takes responsibility with immigration and will quickly source a replacement. Alternatively, the shop might just hire someone on a WHV, student, or spousal visa, since they're already in the country and don't need any special paperwork or effort.

The anons talking about marriage are correct - marry someone and get a spousal visa and you can work any job you want. Then have a kid and switch to a 'parent of Japanese citizen' visa, so your remaining in Japan isn't contingent on staying married to some likely crazy person who was eager to marry a tourist.
>>
>>1951505
Boo hoo! So sad! I got back from working in Japan in January 2020 so I could finish my degree and go back. My fiance is still in Japan, so I was planning to spend spring break and Christmas with her, but covid said fuck you. Then she got leukemia almost as soon as school started and has been in the hospital for over a year now, thank God for LINE and video chatting. I don't want to hear your fucking sob story about how depressed you are because you can't fucking travel to Japan for a week. grow up.
>>
>>1954994
So what are my options really if I want to go to Japan but I don’t want to rejoin a corporate rat race job? Anons say ESL isn’t viable forever and you make it sound like regular teaching isn’t that feasible either.
>>
>>1955360

everyone here wants to stop you from coming to japan. everyone that made it in will never share their secret with you. Mainly because its no fucking secret. You go teach english, or you find another job that wants some pastey bong that they have to do a bunch of retarded paper work for that probably cant even stumble through half a fucking sentence of japanese. Good luck retard
>>
>>1955400
>>1955360
Yup. So that means some work that is on demand, such as high level software engineering or medical fields.
>>
>>1955360
Well, what the hell kind of job do you want to do? What skill sets and education do you have? Why are you bouncing career ideas off an anonymous goat spermatozoa donation forum and expecting weebs, incels and basement dwellers to act like high school career counsellors?
>>
Whats the best way to talk to nip girls online?
>>
>>1955472
Depends. Are they flat or puffy? Each type of nip requires unique attention.
>>
>>1951505
Map-anon reporting in. I had just switched jobs last year so visiting in 2020 wasn't happening for me regardless, but I had intended to visit during the spring once my vacation time was active.
>>
>>1955439
>Well, what the hell kind of job do you want to do?
I’m fine with teaching.
> What skill sets and education do you have?
I have a Bachelor’s degree in a field I don’t want to work in.
>Why are you bouncing career ideas off an anonymous goat spermatozoa donation forum and expecting weebs, incels and basement dwellers to act like high school career counsellors?
I figured that maybe, just maybe a handful people who post in Japan threads would actually know a thing or two about Japan. What a stupid thought...
>>
>>1955522
If you want to teach then teach. Don’t let yourself be influenced by trolls and then act like a passive-aggressive bitch. This and the TEFL thread are full of people who have taught in Japan. If that’s a better option than your current situation, or brings you closer to what you want to do, then do it. Or don’t. Whatever, just fuck off with your whining posts.
>>
>>1955531
Why are you people like this, honestly?
>>
>>1955400
>Go to teach english or do paperwork
I fix planes
>>
>>1955562
Because we're tired of retards asking the same question over and over again expecting different results from what can be found via a different google search. If you're an unskilled retard with a useless bachelor degree, go teach english and leave after 3 years when you realize you'll never get anywhere, or you've been burned out, or you tried to open a bar and failed. If you have some sort of slightly useful skill and a bachelor in that field, try to do some menial job in that field. If you're highly skilled with a bachelors in an advanced field like STEM, or military background, you go work for the DoD or Private Contractors (arguably the best way of living and working in japan).
This has been said time and time again.
>>
>>1955569
Why do you lie? I was clearly asking about people having careers as teachers after teaching ESL. It’s not even easily found information that teaching ESL isn’t a viable career path. That’s something you will hear by coming here. These are perfectly reasonable things to come here and ask. You’re being argumentative and disingenuous for no reason. Out of curiosity, have you ever even done any of this? And if you’re so tired of the same questions, why are you here?
>>
>>1955625
I've lived in Japan for about 6 years now. I went the private contractor route. I've met many ESL teachers that come here for a few years, realize they fucking hate teaching, which in turn somehow turns them salty against Japan, and then they leave. You could check this amazing resource called Google or the archives that could answer all your questions way faster than a new post will.
I'm here because I shitpost on 4chan in my free time for the last 13ish years.
>>
>>1955472
hahahaha
>>
Bros, I want to go back. Waking up to be the first one in the onsen and bathing for 3 hours before breakfast is such a nice feeling.
>>
I'm really not looking forward to this vaccine passport bullshit. I will never take the vaccine.
https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/Vaccine-passports-spark-discrimination-fears-in-Japan
>>
File: 1587664334278.png (189 KB, 407x333)
189 KB
189 KB PNG
lmao you idiots, japan will never reopen and it will never be like before. even if you get in somehow u are practically just quarantined and getting perma anal swabbed
>>
>>1955360
if you want to live in Japan but you don't want to work you can't come to Japan. Pewdiepie is a fucking millionaire and he had to jump through hoops to buy a house here because being a youtuber isn't considered a real job. The government isn't going to let you be a NEET in their country. Regular teaching is feasible but you're going to have to go to a graduate school and get licensed if you want to teach at a real school. You have to have license if you want any sort of job in Japan.
>>
>>1955221
A friend of mine hit it off with a Japanese girl who owns an apple orchard. She wanted him to live with her and work on the farm and get married. Dude turned his back on her because he didn't want to live in the country. I told him he was an idiot.
>>
File: 1612680035092.jpg (76 KB, 759x508)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Why do I get the feeling that all the "gaijin friendly" soaplands are STD hives?
>>
>>1955566

and most people arent in a position to join the US military and throw away 2-6 years of their life being a house nigger fixing billion dollar toys you faggot.
>>
>>1955883

because youre an idiot
>>
>>1955867
What an idiot.
>>
>>1955866
I never said I wanted to NEET, you illiterate.
>>
>>1955932
Then I guess you'll enjoy being an English teacher
>>
File: sonic cd.jpg (218 KB, 1000x1000)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
Hi anons, hope you're doing good.
I'm currently at art school; after I finish I want to move to Tokyo straight away. Ideally, I wish to work for some sort of small/medium size creative company (think Vice but not as big) doing stuff like graphic design/photography/publication design/writing/etc. I'm currently working on personal projects in my own time so will have a decent sized portfolio to show to companies once I graduate, and could technically claim some sort of 'experience' in the industry I suppose.
What are the chances of me, a freshly graduated foreigner, landing this sort of job? Obviously I would have fluent Japanese by the time it comes to applying for work in Tokyo, so language barriers wouldn't be an issue, or at the very least communication would be functional. Apologies for the naivete, I'm new to all this and want to prepare as far in advance as I can
Also apologies in advance but as this thread has already reached the bump limit I might repost this question in the next Japan general, just a heads up
>>
>>1955984
>being an English teacher
This experience never seems to end well.
>>
How many of you have actually worked in Japan and how was it? Bonus points if it was a real job and not tefl.
>>
File: 1613067303323.jpg (148 KB, 1410x793)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>1955934
How so? Please explain anon, I just don't want to fuck my life up getting a soapy fuck
>>
>>1956150
Then don't go
>>
>>1956030
Slim to none
>>
>>1956184
Could you go into more detail?
>>
>>1956030
Ask the faculty at your school if they have any connections with Japanese companies or companies with Japanese branches. If not, sorry you went to a shitty school. Or just google it. You're not going to find the advice that your looking for in this thread.
>>
>>1956150
The ones listed in the OP require their workers to be tested every 2 weeks or something. If you do get something, you can get something from a doctor to cure it. Don't go if you are that afraid. I think the most common is Chlamydia
>>
>>1956127
I worked PAE in aomori doing facilities maintenance at a remote site. I loved it. Aomori prefecture read beautiful, I was in Tokyo or osaka every other weekend, driving all over aomori and akita on the other weekends. Most days after work, my co-workers and I would get wasted outside of our apartment (paid for by the company), wake up the next morning, go to work, go to the gym, then do it again. On the weekends we'd get a hotel in goshogawa, hirosaki, or someone city and eat a shitton, drink a shitton, and have an awesome time with the locals. Met my wife in Aomori city. Won a town wide karaoke contest at one of the summer festivals one year, they gave me fresh full watermelon and ¥10,000. One of the local farmers would work with us on site occasionally doing landscaping or snow removal with us, and he would bring us fresh food from his farm almost every week. I had a blast and would go back in a heartbeat. Now I work in Yokota right outside of Tokyo for another private contractor. It's close enough that I can go downtown on any given night, but because I absolutely despise most of tokyo, it's far away enough that I can just drive to the mountains and get away for the weekend. I have some expat friends that do IT for japanese companies and their pay is laughable. I had one english teacher friend but he became a huge SJW like most of them eventually do so I cut him off. My co-workers and I don't drink like we did in aomori, but that's cause everyone here doesn't live in the same apartment complex like at PAE. I've also got my wife now so we just fuck off to somewhere new every weekend looking for new onsens or resorts. I'm gonna go do 6 months in antarctica for a winter then come back to work. Every day is wonderful.
>>
>>1956192
Do you speak Japanese? Probably not.

Do you have any experience that would set you apart from your peers? Also probably not.
>>
>>1955815
Wait, people posting here don't already live in Japan? How many do?
>>
>>1956274
>Every day is wonderful.
I wish I knew how that felt.
>>
>>1956381
ill take 1 of those a month
>>
>>1956030
Very slim to none. You'll have to have a portfolio that's unlike any other and most likely have 2-4 years of experience to get the job. And that's on top of having N3-N2 level Japanese. And listen to >>1956205 art school is waste of time and money. I've graduated from one.
>>
I'm a mechanical engineering student in Europe, what's the best way to get a job in Japan and move over there when I graduate?
>>
I work at burger king but found some in tokyo on google. What is the best way to get a job transfer?
>>
Japan's state of emergency is due to end on March 7th. Is there a chance that international travel will open back up after that?
>>
>>1956520
Right after that? No
Maybe in 2-3 months, and with a set of covid rules and requirements you have to follow in order to get into the country.
>>
>>1956342
>>1956413
I see
Like I mentioned I'm building up a portfolio right now, I don't graduate for another 2.5 years so hopefully that'll help somewhat
Should I just come over here on a WHV/as an English teacher and use that time to network and get a foot in the door?
>>
>>1956526
You want real advice, change majors now before you fuck your life up.

Graphic design is a shitty field anyways and tacking on the additional difficulty of trying to do it in a country where you aren't a native speaker is just the cherry on top. Every art major I know that ended up actually working in an art related field ended up getting a masters just to get a job.

Graphic designers are dime a dozen, nobody is going to hire a foreign graphic designer unless you're a god. I've actually done IT consulting for several ad agencies, its an absolute shit field filled with shitty people. I mean I've consulted for collections agencies law firms, and even they're more amicable than the vapid cunts who populate every ad or design firm I've set foot in.
>>
I'm planning on using some of my Crypto gains for a Japan trip hopefully by sometime in summer 2021, is this a realistic date for traveling from the US and would around $5000 be enough?
>>
>>1956544
I don't want a highly paying career and to rise up the corporate ladder, I want a job that is as flexible/non-soul crushing as possible and pays enough for me to not be homeless so that I have as much time as possible to work on creative stuff (which is all that I'm passionate about).
As I understand it English teachers spend a lot of their work day doing nothing, might be a good job after all as I can just work on art in my free periods, I don't mind teaching children either so not that bad after all.
I'll take on board what you said about the masters though, I actually like being at school so that + increased prospects sounds like a good enough reason to do a masters.
>>
>>1956554
>Only $5k in crypto gains
It's not too late to join the $XDB mission
>>
>>1955472
They all use Line
>>
>>1956571
Oh I meant $5K for the trip and everything, I have around $600K total mostly in Link and Bitcoin
>>
>>1956561
>doesn’t want a soul crushing job
>goes into a saturated field with low pay

anon, here’s the thing, when you actually have a skilled job you don’t actually work that hard. In an 8 hour day I probably spend 4 actually working. I don’t have to side hustle or take on shitty freelance work to make a name for myself, which is what you’ll be doing.

And once you have real world expenses you’ll want a good paying job.
>>
>>1956609
Ok, I'll bite. What field do you work in?
>>
File: rainyday.png (1.9 MB, 1239x916)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB PNG
>>1956579
>tfw this could've been me if I didn't join Req gang
>>
>>1956609
I did that and still found work itself soul crushing. Corporate style office jobs are simply destroying for me. The pay and hours are irrelevant to me.
>>
>>1956561
I’m the same as you, pretty much in the same line of thought. If I don’t go teach ESL, I’m probably just going to try to teach at a private school back home anyway.
>>
>>1956659
Yeah, the corporate environment is just really soul draining for me, not just being a wage slave for some rich boomer too but the fact that myself and everyone else around me is expected to be really chirpy and happy that we're wageslaving
And yeah I know that if I was smart I've have done a STEM degree and worked my way up the corporate ladder to become rich but the effect it would have on my sanity just isn't worth it, I don't even like money that much I just need enough to survive and a lil bit extra to buy art equipment/manga/clothes
>>
>>1952359
fucking moron
Planes in the air by may. Large scale vaccinations inbound and this goes back to an AFRICA level threat where people still get crazy diseases.
>>
>>1957535
>Planes in the air by may.

Only avfew months and theyre barely STARTING vaccinations. IF the flights are resuming, be prepared to spend 2 weeks quarantined on arrival to your destination country.
>>
>>1957546
it was mostly a joke
>>
anyone here volunteering for the Olympics/ have done before?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.