[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 49 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1601519852407.jpg (2.01 MB, 3008x2000)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
I've been to 40 countries.

>3-12 parents take me to Europe and parts of East Asia, as well as Caribbean vacation spots
>11-18 go on educational summer camps abroad in Europe every year, one summer in Japan
>18-22 study abroad in the UK for one semester, travel Europe again through the Summer
>22-30 Travel Africa, South America, East asia again, SE asia, Russia, Mongola, UAE, etc.

By the way I'm a semi-trust fund kid who also made a shit load in the stock market (from a small gift of 200k from parents when I graduated college)

What is there to do now? Honestly, I feel like the entire Earth is boring to me now, which on one hand is good because it allows me to focus on my work and find more depth in life... but on the other hand, I miss the adventures I had traveling, and the "newness" of it all.

It's impossible to "do it all" but I've done most of all of it. Eaten at the best restaurants in the world, banged expensive hookers in Germany and cheap ass SE hookers, lived in huts in Mongolia and backpacked with nothing through south America. Have experienced about as much as the gamut as I think one can.

Suggestions on what else there is to do? Supposedly there is an island somewhere in Polynesia where you can eat people.. not saying I would do that, but looking for suggestions of things that people haven't ehard of.
>>
>>1938730
kill yourself
>>
>>1938754
here come the raging poorfags
>>
>>1938751
It's ok, it's only gay if balls touch.
>>
Antarctica
>>
>>1938730
>190+ countries in the world
>only been to a pathetically low 40 of them
>hurr durr i have been everywhere

you are a fucking amateur, I've been to 64 countries and i have loads to see yet
>>
>>1938730 >>1938848
I've been to 53 countries, 15+ countries multiple times, and almost everywhere in that country, like Japan and been there maybe 8 times.

Got trips planned until 2023 and some of them some pretty unique Real Traveller™ stuff, but just because I don't have that much money right now.

OP just seems like a normie, and I don't want to suggest my real super duper underground trips to normies. Go climb a mountain or something, I've done that few times.
>>
>>1938730
become an intellectual
study one region for 20 years
>>
>>1938730
hi op, i have some advice for you

You should visit central africa. Tribes there worship hemafrodites, transes and other freaks. Also you might like the climate

Second piece is to stop lying about yourself on 4chan, baiting such a stupid threads on my /trv, thanks
>>
>>1938848
>64 countries

Ha ha! Is this amateur hour?

I've been to 177 countries, including ones that don't exist anymore, Yugoslavia and Zaïre.
>>
>>1938730
Find the box called the lament configuration. Endless sensations await you once you do this
>>
>>1938730

If you're looking for something a bit different, Sri Lanka is pretty badass. They wrapped up a 30-year civil war back in 2009 and there's still some residual bitterness over the outcome (e.g. the Easter church bombings in 2019), but the country as a whole is fucking awesome. I had a great time when I was there and everyone wanted to come talk to my buddy and I when we were in Kandy
>>
War tourism.
>>
>>1938730

Sounds like you're ready to graduate Earth and go to space mate.
>>
I remember thus fag. He ignores all advice and uses the thread to boast as if random anons give a shit. Just hide the thread and move inn
>>
>>1939055
wow, literally rent free. nice.

>>1939052
Possibly

>>1939039
Not interested

>>1938989
What do you recommend there? I really wasn't a huge fan of India because of how dirty it was, and I hear Sri Lanka is worse
>>
You can literally spend years exploring Russia and Central Asia. What are you on about?
>>
>>1938730
i've been to more countries than that and i've hardly started
>>
>>1938730
I actually kind of understand what you may be on about. I have visited similar number of countries as you and it's not like I don't know that there are literally 100+ more... It's just the travelling isn't as fun or exciting anymore. It's still cool and I like to do it, but you can't compare it to the thrill of your first trip to Asia or the first backpacking off the beaten path.

I still have Africa to do, so I cling to that, but at some point you have to accept that some experiences become more dull as you get more exposed to them.
>>
>>1939174
EXACTLY, it's sort of like getting older. Obviously there are new experiences that anyone can have, but as you age and have seen an extensive amount of shit, you can sort of imagine, with a good degree of accuracy, many different outcomes and therefore the experiences don't feel as novel anymore.

Like yes, I could travel along the border of some shit eurasian countries and see some hardcore shit, but I've seen that to a degree already, so I don't feel like seeing it anymore.

I don't like niggers so I haven't done shit like Nigeria, ethiopia, etc. Don't care to see it either.
>>
>>1938730
If I were you, I would try to work whilst travelling, the work will make the rest of the trip (when not working) much sweeter.

>There is also hiking and camping in the Canadian/Montana Rockies, extremely beautiful
>The Saguenay river and all its fjords is quite beautiful, Chicoutimi is a comfy little city
>Central Asia can be pretty nice I hear

But honestly to me sounds like you are simply depressed and going anywhere seems like a chore. Maybe take a friend with you or something IDK
or maybe just kys
>>
>>1938730
Just worth saying you obviously sound like an asshole.

I think your money might be a problem. Ive much more enjoyed sitting on the park-bench seats of an overnight train in amongst all the locals sleeping on the floor through rural north vietnam than Ive ever enjoyed getting a private taxi from the airport to a 5 star hotel. I just cant see why you'd spend more money for a less 'adventurous experience. I dont know your specifics OP, but Ive fined as Ive become increasingly sure I have more money than I can ever spend, I need to constantly guard against taking the easy, more 'luxurios' option over the more 'adventurous one. The journey is normally what I enjoy, a place I can take a photo of is often just the excuse.
>Eaten at the best restaurants in the world, banged expensive hookers in Germany and cheap ass SE hookers
Have you tried just making real human connections? This sort of ties into the last point, the chase and ambiguity leading up to the score, or her getting away, is the funnest part. But also, certainly for a lot of people, very little is innately enjoyable, and almost everything is at least MORE enjoyable when you're doing it WITH people. You might find you can remember playing video games or just shooting the shit years ago but you're not even sure what you were playing or talking about, you just remember you were having a good time with your friends.
>>
File: download (6).jpg (9 KB, 239x211)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>1938959
>including ones that don't exist anymore, Yugoslavia and Zaïre.
How do I avoid missing out on anymore treasures yet to be stolen forever bros?
>>
the real answer is find family and friends and share experiences with them that they haven't had yet.

but if you were solo,
looking to explore new areas you consider a whole country complete?
consider destinations - cities, villages, regions

there are pursuits that may enhance travel - there are the dream destinations and there are the hidden gem destinations
ones you've mentioned - fancy restaurants, variety of hookers, rough sleeping with poor locals, minimal backpacking.
presumable you are bored with architecture, history, local food, nature for nature's sake, novelty of different accomodations(hut or 5star resort)

but there are many more to consider:
hiking, climbing, skiing, other adventure sports like surfing/kite surfing/kayaking, offroading/motorsports, sailing, urban/ruin exploration, camping, bushcraft, hunting, fishing, golf, niche education(take classes or courses in language, cooking, painting, martial arts ), religion
many hobbies can be incorpoarated into travelling

if you are very bored but financially set for life, you could attempt to start a low overhead business that requires international contacts (manufacturing in 3rd world country?)
>>
>>1938730
> there is an island somewhere in Polynesia where you can eat people
fuck off we're full
>>
>>1939257
make him into jerky
>>
>>1939273
Nah i just dont want anybody to come.
>>
>>1938730
Do you have people that you like and care about? After I've become desentialized to travel to some extent I've started to invite poorer family members and friends along with me. Seeing them totally in awe of a new continent or childlishly excited over new experience brough a lot of my excitement back. Plus you get a nice company and forever grateful friends.
>>
>>1938959
Bru, I wasn't trying to flex. I even said I have loads left to see.

OP is a faggot, that's all.
>>
>>1939231
Better visit the countries neighbouring Israel fast my man.
>>
>>1939095

Some parts of Sri Lanka are definitely crowded and dirty (e.g. Colombo). Just visit any of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites!
>>
traveling to a country isnt just a one time thing
you can still choose from tons of seasonal festivals/events happening around the year even in countries youve already been to and interact with the locals which is a new experience every time.
>>
>>1938730
Grow up. Travel is yet another CONSOOM hobby, it may be more sophisticated than getting a takeaway burrito or watching reality TV but all you're doing is paying money to consume.

If you've travelled as much as you have, and seen it all, then you should realise that the best parts of life are from building something for yourself. Just focus on that, spend your money on other hobbies and every now and then go blow a load on travel.
>>
>>1938730
If I want to fuck beautiful white women without paying for them where should I go?

I'm not a fat autist either, I just live in the midwest where everyone is fat and/or married by 25.
>>
>>1939449
northern europeans, north americans, australia are most promiscuous women

however other europeans - the ones that will want to speak english to an american will also be slutty
>>
There is nothing OP, time for sudoku
>>
>>1938751
>posts this much in response to a known shitpost
I hope that's a copypasta
>>
>>1938730
For what it's worth OP I also sort of know what you're saying but thankfully the lure of travel is still there for me.
I've been to 75 countries and feel sad when I read "bucket list" threads as I've done most people's bucket lists by the time I'm 30. Theres also very few places I've not been that I want to, literally 2 or 3 then it feels a bit like I've "completed" travelling.
I didnt come from money like you did so I did the backpacking thing when I finished uni but then got a good job and did loads more after. All I can suggest is maybe have a couple of years away from travel and you might get the excitement back, or as other anons have said take people with you and let them experience it too.
Also to this autist
>>1939224
I fucking hate people like you
> Poverty travel is so much more authentic man, you just don't know unless you were ass to dick with 14 Vietnamese POW's in slum class.
Fuck that. I've travelled around the world in both slum class and first class and I can tell you which is more comfy.
Sure you get a different experience doing it budget than you do when you're ballin but for the most part the difference is comfort which for most is worth paying for. You're not doing anything special because you're travelling like a local peasant homie
>>
>>1939605
>You're not doing anything special because you're travelling like a local peasant homie
that wasn't my comment above, i enjoy comfy travel and also have zero desire to go to the third world or slums
but uncomfortable budget travel does have some aspect that makes you revel in the suffering of it or atleast looking back on it. But from my pov these are more things like an overnight trip to a city where you don't have a hotel and just stay drinking until you can leave on the first ride out of town without sleeping sort of budget travel
>>
>>1938730
>By the way I'm a semi-trust fund kid who also made a shit load in the stock market (from a small gift of 200k from parents when I graduated college
Truly a self-made man.

OP either revisit the countries you've visited and liked or research new ones. 40 countries isn't even that much, a lot of people here have travelled to plenty more.
>>
>>1939183
go to Iran pussy, lots to see and feels like going back in time.

also
>from a small gift of 200k from parents
kys
>>
>>1938730
germany
>>
>>1938730
Anon it's not how much you travel but how you develop the travels you do. For me it's all about photography.

My goal is always travel and try to have those impressions on my pics. Also trying to be aesthetic. Photography is a field where past certain point you will feel you can never be good enough and the improvement room is almost infinite. This quench that boredom feeling. I would definitely repeat trips I have already done because I know the season would be different and that means different photos. Heck even in the same conditions you will see the places differently and take different pictures.
>>
>>1938782
This. Start exploring the hollow earth.
>>
>>1941075
faggot
>>
I want to go to a slave auction. They would be pretty cool. Is Libya at all safe to travel to these days? And hypothetically speaking, how much would a qt cost me?
>>
Anyone who says "I've travelled everywhere" doesn't know geography, at all.
Ever been to
-the Andine Altiplano in Argentina (Puna Salteña)
-Guyana (Mount Roraima)
-Namibia and Botswana (Kalahari Desert)
-Alaska (Brooks Range)
-Greenland or Svalbard
-Siberia
-Central Asia (Kirghizistan mountains)
-Tibet
-the Papuan Highlands
-Kiribati
-Antarctica?

I bet you've never to even one of these places.
I agree with others, you're just a consumist depressed
>>
i fucked a shemale in thailand and tore his fake vagina a bit, but s/he said it was fine. really friendly women there too

thats my adventure recommendation
>>
>>1941529
I've been to siberia and central asia, and argentina, but none of those specific places.

Why haven't I been to more places on your shit list? Because I tend to enjoy places with pluming and the ability to shower.
>>
>>1941529
>I bet you've never to even one of these places.
the very first line says "ive been to 40 countries"
but i appreciate a list of remote locations, however i am not a raging OP
>>
>>1941529
Mount Roraima is rightful Venezuelan clay. Correct your shit list before the spirit of Chavez himself pulls your feet tonight.
>>
>>1939183
>ethiopia
You're missing out, seen a good bit of Africa and Ethiopia was definitely one of my most memorable trips overall, including trips outside Africa. Been to about as many countries as you.

Anyway, my advice is to go do stuff that's actually challenging. Also, you're the source of your own ennui, never forget that.
>>
It could just be the way you worded it, but have you never been to India? How the fuck are you gonna claim yourself as a world traveler and never go to India
>>
>>1941640
> Why haven't I been to more places on your shit list? Because I tend to enjoy places with pluming and the ability to shower.

That's the point. You only visit easy and touristic stuff, nothing challenging, no adventure, nothing unknown.
No creativity at all
>>
>>1941640
"I've been to Argentina" means absolutely nothing, going to Buenos Aires for the discos cant be compared to an on-the-road trip to the Puna Salteña deserts
>>
>>1938730
There's value in going back to places and revisiting them, especially if you've made friends there.
You HAVE made friends at the places you visit, right? You keep in touch with them? They invite you back to visit?
>>
>>1941674
>>1941676

hey faggots, let me red pill you.

Most things worth seeing are relatively accessible to tourists within the past 20 years. Why? Economics, youtube, etc. Everyone can now research where they wanna go, how to go, how to maneuver the location, etc.

There aren't many places that are both WORTH VISITING as well as INACCESSIBLE. The two are becoming mutually exclusive because of globalization and the desire to flex on instagram and one up another.

I have been to some very remote locations that were special, that cannot easily be accessed by normie travelers, but I had to know people who took me there. I'm lucky to have known some people through my job (where I meet a lot of foreigners) who took me around.

Your list is not special and you are a faggot.
>>
>>1941678
This is true. There are a few cities that I would have traveled back to this year if not for corona chan.
>>
>>1941709
Complete cope.
>>
I think some anons here have hit the nail on the head. OP you have been to 40 countries but for lack of a better term you haven't "travelled"
No fault of your own I guess but being wealthy means you want to go to places that as you say "have plumbing" but that is unironically not what travelling is about.
If you just go to cities, stay in luxury hotels, go to expensive restaurants you're entirely missing what travelling is, you're just taking what you do at home and doing it somewhere else for a while.
Travelling is all about the experiences you have while you're doing it, I don't think anyone travels for the sake of travelling, whether it's photography, eating new foods, seeing cool shit, experiencing other cultures, that's what makes travelling travelling, just going to other places and being a rich faggot and being bored just means you're doing it wrong and you're bored of yourself.
Also did I mention you're a faggot?
>>
>>1941941
You do understand that just because I have the option to indulge in luxury accommodations doesn't mean I only stay in 5 star hotels, right?

Yes, I prefer places that are nice, but I have travelled to not so nice places as well. I've gone camping in the deep wilderness, I've been through northern africa, I've ever been in places I've felt a little scared...

my argument however, is that in today's world, most places worth visiting have plumbing and basic accommodations. Seeking out places that are so unpopular and shitty that you need to shit in a hole outside (which I've also done) doesn't make you a seasoned traveler, and me wanted to avoid places like that unless they really interest me for some reason DOES NOT mean I "don't know what traveling is" you stupendous faggot
>>
The Levantine. Lebanon, Jordan, Cyprus, etc
>>
>>1941943
> Trustfund faggot makes a thread saying he's bored of travelling after visiting 40 countries
> Calls others people faggots when they rightly point out that rich boomer travelling isn't actually travelling
>Rich but clearly regarded as if he was doing it right he wouldn't be bored

What a total faggot kys
>>
>>1938730
Just like every other trust fund kid I've met OP is just a moany Manlet. I guess it's not really your fault OP as your parents haven't really set to up for success but go be a massive faggot elsewhere
>>
>>1938730
Even in just America, you'd have to travel to multiple states to really see everything. You sound like some richfag who goes to fancy restaurant and thinks he's touring the city. Try going to museums or on tours instead of fucking hookers and going to boring-ass restaurants. Try going to a city and discover hidden elements that aren't in a "top 10 things to do" list.
>>
>>1942347
>>1942367
>>1942376
Cope more poorfags. I litterally saw everything while you bitched and moaned in your moms basement.
>>
>>1942448
Fucking kek. You've been to 40 countries. You literally haven't even scratched the surface.
Also you say I'm moaning yet you're the one bitching and moaning about how the earth is boring when you haven't done shit. Also unironically living in your mum's trust fund house.
What a 24 carat faggot you really are
t. Self made £3mil net worther
>>
>>1942585
>imagine inventing yourself a life to win an internet argument
your tears taste like sugar
>>
>>1942645
I'll quote you
>>1942448
>COPE
>>
>>1938730
Have you ever thought about forming your business and working to fill in the boredom instead of being a trust-fund leech?
>>
>>1938730
I don't understand, you've only been to 40 countries. I unironically used to tease my gf for only having travelled to 40.
>>
> visits tiny portion of the world compared to most travellers yet thinks he's been everywhere
> Seen fuck all but says everything is boring
> Can't provide for his own basic needs as an adult so has to sponge money off parents
> Unable to make anything of himself so assumes no one else can be wealthy.
World's biggest faggot detected
>>
>>1942682
I've visited a tiny portion of the world compared to most travelers? are you a retarded fucking faggot or something wow
>>
>>1938730

Anywhere you went with your parents doesnt count.

Also, the answer is India. You could travel there your entire life and not see it all.
>>
>>1942966
Yes, 40 countries is fucking nothing especially as no doubt you're counting counties you visited while you were
> 3 - 12

I.T.T a stupid faggot calling other anons a faggot for rightly calling him a faggot
/Thread
>>
>>1942991
40 countries isn't nothing you giant faggot, just because I'm not jack kerouac train hopping between dozens of countries every year doesn't mean I'm not well traveled.
>>
>>1942666
Dilate some more poorfag.
>>
>>1943001
Haha what a cry baby
>But I HAVE been to lots of countries, tell them mummy, the internet men are telling me what I thought was impressive really isn't
>WAAAAHHHHH

What a massive poofter kek
>>
>>1938730
Goddamn I hate pampered spoiled trust fund kids like you so fucking much.
>>
>>1938730
How many countries have you visited by yourself OP?
Answer : You have never travelled
>>
>>1943067
I mean I still think going to 40 countries is impressive, but you're entitled to being a jealous faggot if you want.

>>1943096
like 32, I only went to typical Europe tourist countries and Japan/Taiwan with my parents. They didn't take us to any third world shit places when we were kids.
>>
>>1943265
Jealous of 40 countries? Cope more faggot as I said earlier in this thread I'm over 75 and I wouldn't even say that was alot. It's alot more than some people but less than half the world so still lots more to see.
Having to arrange your own flights, book your own hotels, figure out what you're doing when you get there, that's travelling. Just turning up adding shit after your parents do all the legwork also doesn't count in my opinion.
Imagine having only taken yourself to a handful of countries and say you're bored of travelling. No wonder everyone on here is calling you a faggot
>>
>>1943436
>more than half the world has traveled to over 75 countries

ok turbo faggot
>>
>>1943444
Read what I wrote again you smooth brained fuckwit.
God you're an insufferable bellend
>>
>>1938959
psh...heh, look at this amateur. I've been to 250 countries, beat that...punk...
>>
>>1938730
Try to find a travel THEME.

ie pooping in different toilets
Pooping in futuristic japanese toilets, pooping in turkish toilets, pooping in the streets of india, pooping back and forth of a thai prostitute's butt (you poop in her butt and she poops in your butt back and forth), pooping in the toilets of the transiberian train, pooping on a the deck of a billionaire's yacht, and so on. Just a few opitions but there are many more.
>>
>>1943451
>read what I wrote again
>again
>doesn't even acknowledge my trips

What makes you think I read your dumb post properly the first time you turbo faggot? Why would I read something so hatefilled and gay which was obviously written by an incel? kys

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.