[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: magic.jpg (53 KB, 696x232)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Disney World will end it's Magical Express service in january 2022. Mears said that they would continue to transport people from MCO to the resort but what other alternatives are there?
>>
>>1937731
Uber, Lyft, cab, hotel shuttle services, etc. Unless you're with a tour group this was just a glorified shuttle anyways. There will be some competitors that pop up, IIRC there are a few shuttle services pre covid that did the exact same shit but for cheaper, these were just clogged with chinese families anyways.
>>
>>1937747
Yeah I guess ils not the end of the world but Disney World is becoming less convenient as time goes on and theres almost no advantages left for those who decide to stay on site. First they removed the dining plan, then fastpass and now the transport from the airport to the hotels. Like I've said, its not the end of the world, its just less agreeable, especially for those who travel from abroad.
>>
>>1937731
>what other alternatives are there?
travelling in usa outside NYC? rent a car
>>
>>1937882
worst advice; unless parking is free if youre staying at a disney hotel which i doubt.

If youre more than one person lyft/uber can be the cheaper and fastest option. The shuttles usually have to wait until theyre full or everyone arrives which can be a pain if bags or flights are delayed. ime uber was like 35-40 bucks and shuttles were like 25 per person; i think its like 40 round trip but its still more expensive and limiting if you have to book the return in advance.

Also uber was the easiest way to get around park to park without needing to wait for a bus to load and unload or show up. Costs a bit but saves a lot of time especially if youre not there for that long.
>>
>>1937832
I wouldn't wanna stay on-site anyways whenever I finally make the trip there. The plane tickets and the parks are already gonna siphon enough money from my wallet as is, I can at least save a bit on a hotel outside the resort.
>>
>>1938007
>I wouldn't wanna stay on-site anyways whenever I finally make the trip there.
your children would love it tho
>>
>>1937731
Orlando faggot here, while it isn't convient and it is full of disgusting locals who refuse to shower, it could be done via public transit, although with covid bus schedules it would take like an hour.
An alternative is simple, Uber/taxis, private shuttles.
>>1938104
Not that anon but for the cost of muh dizney hotel you could easily just get a shitty hotel and buy universal or seaworld passes.
Luxury hotels are a meme if you are traveling for the destination itself. A bed in a motel is perfectly fine as long as it isn't crackhead tier, since you will only be using the hotel as a base of operations. The attractions district is actually really nice and has a lot of cheaper hotels (lots of competition).
>>
I want to smash Disney obsessed "adults" in the face with a baseball bat
>>
>>1937731
>but what other alternatives are there?
Disney's ending the bus service specifically because Brightline is putting in an express train from WDW to Disney Springs. From there, you can hop onto a tram to any of the hotels.
>>
>>1938007
Pop Century isn't really expensive, like $120/night. It's super convenient to be onsite due to the free transport alone, especially if you get too drunk in Epcot.
>>
File: 1596030265998.jpg (33 KB, 564x559)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
staying on disney site is a very different experience to staying offsite, admittedly very expensive but much more enjoyable and high quality. you never leave the 'magic' and you get to enjoy the the themeparks at an easier pace

t. stayed at grand flod, polynesian, wilderness lodge and animal lodge aswell as off site
>>
>>1938784
When will it be available?
>>
>>1938795
2022, which is when and why the bus service is ending in 2022. Presumably, if the train line open date gets pushed, Disney will continue bus service until then.
>>
>>1938784
>>1938795
>>1938797
Also, not WDW to Disney Spring... MCO to Disney Springs.
>>
>>1937731
Disney just keeps fucking the customer over more and more. Better to stay at a partner hotel than to stay on-site now.
>>1937747
Except you have to pay for all of those options. DME was free and included luggage pickup/drop off which was quite nice.
>>
>>1938806
>Except you have to pay for all of those options. DME was free and included luggage pickup/drop off which was quite nice.

It's "free" in the sense you pay a 1.5-2x markup on hotels to stay at disney vs a few blocks away using the shuttle services provided by all. Congrats you paid 1000 bucks vs. 400 to get that free shuttle rather than just pay 10-15 bucks for an uber once or twice.
>>
>>1938798
Thats pretty, unless you arrive at night. I guess there wont be train transport past a certain hour.
>>
>>1938844
>Just stay off property bro there are cheap hotels just a few blocks away from the parks bro
>>
>>1938884
Yeah, there is literally no reason not to unless you're doing something specifically special for your kids. Even then a fucking uber wouldn't be that big a deal compared to plane tickets, hotel costs, or the actual cost of eating/drinking on site.

People who stay onsite at Disney world are the biggest mouth breathers out there.
>>
>>1938885
Seething poorfag
>>
>>1938887
>NOOO MY FREE BUS
Just use uber
>NOOO I HAVE TO PAY
okay you have options
>P-POOOR FAG

If you're not poor why not just use an uber or other bus for the same function
>>
>>1938889
Nice straw man, poorfag
>>
>>1938890
Maybe try following the conversation, as it started by someone complaining they would have to possibly pay for uber or another service to the Disney Hotel zone
>>
>>1938892
Not my problem, poorfag
>>
>>1938844
Oh yeah, I'm sure Disney is going to drop their hotel prices now that this service is going away.
>>
>>1938973
The value resorts are like $120/night. It is no big deal.
>>
>>1938974
The point is that they were $120 a night with free shuttle/luggage service to and from the airport. Now they're going to be the same price without that service. It was become objectively worse value for the customer so Disney can continue lining its pockets.
>>
>>1938979
Offsite hotels aren't much cheaper. Any savings you get by staying offsite will be eaten up by Ubers getting from the hotel to the parks, whereas Disney has free transport to its own hotels.
>>
>>1938990
All Disney partner hotels (to my knowledge) have complimentary shuttles to the parks, as do many other offsite hotels.
>>
>>1938993
>All Disney partner hotels
>implying that the Wyndham Grand is cheaper than staying at Pop Century
You save nothing by staying at a partner hotel. If you're truly looking to save on the nightly rate by staying offsite, you'd be looking at Days Inn on I-Drive or something similar, and places like that don't have shuttles to the parks.
>>
>>1938998
>>1938993
>You save nothing by staying at a partner hotel
Actually, one exception. You can save a bundle if you're redeeming rewards points to stay at the Hilton/Marriott/Wyndham. But you see no savings if you're paying for your stay.
>>
>>1938998
There are plenty of hotels offsite which are cheaper than Disney and include shuttles. Hell, right now I can find rates at a partner hotel for $70 a night. The Swan and Dolphin, a far better hotel then the All-Star resorts, is going for the same rate as those hotels. I don't know why you seem so hellbent on defending a decision which has a 100% negative impact on customers.
>>
>>1939011
>a 100% negative impact on customers
Sure, losing the free service sucks, but ultimately train tickets for a 10 mile trip won't be pricey.
>>
>>1939185
The problem with the train is that it only goes to Disney Springs. So you'll need to get your bags, take them on the train, then bring them through Disney Springs (which could be a fair distance depending on where the station gets built), then take your bags onto a Disney bus, and then finally reach your hotel. This is going to be a pretty poor option for families, and even individual travelers will have two separate waits to get to their hotel. Funnily enough, anyone staying at a partner hotel in Disney Springs will actually have an easier commute than an on-site guest with this method.

There's also the point of traffic within Disney World. There are going to be far more Ubers and rental cars on the roads within WDW now, and that could cause issues at peak seasons.
>>
>>1938993
>stay offsite
>bedbug ridden shitholes
>try to take your wife and kids in an uber
>50 dollars PLUS tip 20% each passenger
>75 dollars each way
>smelly dude fucking driving like a maniac
>best hope you have insurance because likely to get in an accident which will be 300k burger bucks for medical bills since no healthcare

Yeah besides staying at the park is way better since they have disney themed drinks and stuff
>>
>>1939486
There are plenty of offsite hotels nicer than the All Star resorts for lower cost, and you now need to uber to your Disney hotel anyway.
>>
i come from a lower middle class background and my parents saved up to take me to disney for a week back in 2000. i was 7. it was my favorite vacation with them. we did have to stay in one of the cheaper hotels, the all star movies resort, but i'm glad they got us an onsite hotel. i think it would hve been worse had we had to stay in kissimmee or wherever

another year we stayed at the contemporary, which was just okay. but i can't imagine staying offsite if i'm going to disney. who cares about saving a couple hundred bucks on a vacation that will probably cost a few grand anyway? especially when penny pinching will make getting around less convenient

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.