[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 53 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: South.png (19 KB, 330x204)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
Worst Cities in the South

-Including Texas, Florida, and Oklahoma
>>
Atlanta
Birmingham
Montgomery
Knoxville
Memphis
Macon
Augusta
Wilmington
Orlando
>>
>>1934865
All of them
>>
Birmingham, Alabama.

It's a disaster.
>>
>>1934865
Definitely charleston (WV, not SC)
>>
>>1934865

>>1934891 is pretty much the correct answer. A lot of southern cities tend to be souless suburban-style sprawl with cookie-cutter retail. Some smaller cities along the coast are nice though.
>>
>>1934891
/thread
You really don't want to live among rednecks
>>
Whichever ones have the highest % of blacks?
>>
>>1934865
All of the ones that aren’t college towns, what a dumb fucking thread for people to circle jerk their dumb opinions about a place they’ve never lived.
>>
The ones like Atlanta that are filled with filthy nigger chimps.
>>
>>1936778
Whitey neandercrap bonobos are much worst retard.
>>
>>1936771
I was born in the South and thank god I left.

The only people who think living in the South is great are Southerners.
>>
>>1934865
From my experience
Baton Rouge
Jackson
Birmingham
Jacksonville
Columbus, GA
Tuscaloosa
Myrtle Beach
>>
>>1936911
>Myrtle Beach
We're just a soulless beach town, nothing more.
>>
>>1936900
I’m probably whiter than you.
>>
Jacksonville
Miami
Orlando
Tallahassee
Tampa
>>
>>1934865
Memphis
>>
Any place with a higher than average black population like memphis or a "little portland" like Nashville. Small southern towns are comfy with great food.
>>
>>1937111
Tampa doesn’t belong on that list
>>
Little Rock
Knoxville
>>
>>1937127
Yeah no, small southern towns are filled with straight up methheads. Well atleast in the Missouri and Arkansas area.
>>
File: map_nhblack.gif (26 KB, 567x473)
26 KB
26 KB GIF
the purple ones
>>
>>1936771
Broward Dade and Palm Beach aren’t terrible for travel/partying/outdoors/being an overall degenerate.
>>
Atlanta is a shithole

>t. living in atlanta
>>
>>1937270
Agreed.
>>
>>1937270

Idk I lived in East Point for like a year and a half while working a dead end job and it wasn't bad, definitely some cons to Atlanta as a whole (rain, bugs, lack of education, urban decay) but in my opinion the people made up for it. where I lived was 99% black, the dead end job I had was 99% black employees and I've never laughed so much in my life. those motherfuckers are just funny as hell. I've lived in multiple states and in multiple countries and I've never met people who had such a sense of humor. I don't miss living in Atlanta but I really miss the people sometimes.
>>
Waldo, Florida spent 20+ years as nothing more than a speed trap town that would give harsh penalties for going literally 1 mile over the speed limit. It was so bad that residents had special stickers on their cars as to avoid being pulled over themselves.
AAA designated it as the worst speed trap in America (one of only 2 towns) because they would do shady shit like
>Drop the speed limit randomly with one sign
>Have a "no warnings" policy
>Traffic court was notoriously corrupt
They recently dropped the label but they are still the 9th worst speed trap in Florida
https://archive.is/WLhez
>>
>>1937262
Miami isn't the south, fuck off
>>
>>1937270
Seething poorfag detected
>>
What's wrong with Jacksonville?
>>
>>1938832
Boring
Too far north to enjoy FL winter weather
Far south enough to get very hot and humid summers
Aggressively enlarged its borders decades ago so it's technically the most populous/largest city in Florida, total gimmick
>>
>crtl+v
>my home city isn't listed
yay
>>
>>1937238
>southern towns in Missouri
Hey, i heard the small southern towns in Minnesota are worse!
>>
>>1940247
>tries to paste his city name into a thread
>pleased to see it isn’t there

Southern “education” everyone
>>
>>1938398
neat
>>
>>1940276
lmao
>>
>>1934865
Dallas
Fort Worth
>>
>>1940276
lmao oops
>>
File: 8ouio1uvs0651.jpg (224 KB, 1024x1024)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
>>1935171
>The west and southwest is suburban hellscape
>The south and southeast is suburban hellscape

Is there anywhere in this god awful country that ISN'T pic related besides Montana? I just want a local diner, christ
>>
>>1940540
Literally get off any highway exit an hour outside a major city
>>
Avoid any cities with lots of balls in it. That's it. As long as you stay out of black areas you will be fine.
>>
>>1940540
Older northern cities and the pacific northwest are pretty solid
>>
>>1940276
You are a fraud
>>
>>1940540
Europe, latin america and east asia. The US is a soulless bugman fake country
>>
>>1937226
you misspelled Orlando
>>
Chattanooga
>>
>>1942138
Been living in Orlando for 16 years and you couldn't be more wrong
>>
File: pcb[1].jpg (1.8 MB, 1920x1080)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB JPG
Everyone true southener knows its Panama City Beach.
>>
>>1938639
It's weird how the further north you get in Florida, the more southern it becomes
>>
there are so many.
literally.
where to begin?
i've always hated jackson, mississippi.
my birthplace of baton rouge, louisiana is also quite a dump.
>>
File: soyjaky.png (142 KB, 584x666)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
>my birthplace is also quite a dump.
>>
>>1934865
Anywhere in Alabama. Hate this place. Wish I wasn't born here. Leaving ASAP
>>
>>1943020
Basically me but in Louisiana.
>>
Detroit.
>>
>>1943020
The meanest bitch I met was from Alabama.
>>
>>1942970
My birthplace is indeed a dump. It's one of the most violent cities in America, not a major city, but still over 100k. Beaumont, Texas is a 60% black shithole. I didn't go far, just to Houston, but it's leaps and bounds better.
>>
>>1938398
>Waldo, Florida
What's the target demographic there? UF students going back and forth to Jax? Seems like it's in the middle of nowhere and doesn't connect major cities.
I know here in Brevard, deputies basically don't pull over people with Florida plates on I-95, only out-of-staters, but there's not many speed traps along the highway.
>>
>>1938398
haha drove through it many times. grew up in Alachua. It really is that dumb.
>>
>>1943698
Pretty much yes. Jacksonville has the closest major airport to Gainesville.
>>
>>1936979
north myrtle beach in fine, regular myrtle is nigger infested
>>
Military towns are pretty fucking terrible. No culture, no real locals, nothing nice at all.

I was stationed in Jacksonville NC for a while and it was shitty as can be.
>>
Northern Alabama isn't that bad, not as many niggers as Lower Alabama
>>
>>1934868
I'm in orlando right now for a business trip... these people are completely indoctrinated. Mudpeople are running rampant here and mask nazis EVERYWHERE. Florida has historically been good to me with the exception of this shithole.
>>
>>1943020
Please. We don't really like pussies anyways
>>
>>1944589
I lived in Orlando up until the middle of 2019, so no idea on masks and such. My biggest complaint about it is how absolutely terrible the service industry is. Waiters don't give a fuck, people aren't friendly, everybody seems to hold you in contempt for being in their place of business. You even see this with the staff at Universal. I'm pretty sure it's because Puerto Ricans just have a shitty culture, but I've never been to Puerto Rico so I can't tell for sure.
The one exception is Disney World, but they seem to train heavily to break that habit, and they fly in a bunch of college students from around the country to bump up staffing levels, so you have regular Americans working there as well.
>>
>>1944770
>I'm pretty sure it's because Puerto Ricans just have a shitty culture
what the fuck is the issue with Puerto Ricans and their shitty attitudes? Everyone of them that I’ve meet has had a huge fucking ego and acts like they’re shit doesn’t stink. They’re also the type of brown people who think that if they shit on other brown people (such as cubans, mexicans, haitians etc) then maybe the WASPs will finally accept them into the white race. They’re like house niggers who are bad at their job yet suck up to massa at any given opportunity
>>
>>1936911
>Jacksonville
Florida or NC?
>>
>>1944795
That's a dumb question, one's a major city in the top 10 largest in the country, the other's a small town in BFE.
It's like saying
>San Antonio
Texas or New Mexico?
>>
>>1935108
Why's that?
>>
>>1940269
Kek
>>
>>1940555
The Pacific Northwest is all suburbs unless you are in the middle of the mountains or east of the cascades away from populated areas.
>>
ITT: retards think other places will solve their problems for them

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.