[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 37 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1200x-1.jpg (115 KB, 1200x616)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
Is Scotland worth visiting?
>>
No.... Now fuck off
>>
worth is relative to how precious your time and money are and what else they could be spent on

based on what i know of you op i can certainly say no it is not worth visiting
>>
Yes; just try to do something outside of the stale Loch Lomond - Glencoe - Fort William - Skye itinerary. So many people do that route you'd think Scotland consisted of nothing else.
Google Perthshire, google Wester Ross, google Torridon.
Also there's nothing to do in Inverness. Why it's become a tourist hub I will never understand.
>>
>>1931715
>Wester Ross,
fucking game of thrones...
>>
>>1931554
beautiful scenery
>>
>>1931554
Right now? No, the whole UK is completely locked down.

The scenery is beautiful there so if you like hiking, definitely. Edinburgh is also a lovely city with great nightlife when things are open.
>>
File: hotel1.jpg (393 KB, 1920x1080)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>>1931554
even though i live in the uk there are still big areas of scotland i have never visited, or haven't done so since i was a kid (dad had scottish roots, took us there once or twice to see family)
maybe later this year if international tourism is still fucked i'll fly to edinburgh or glasgow and hire a car and drive around north of the great glen fault for a few days. i've always wanted to stay at some of the remote hotels up there like the torridon.
so yeah i think it's worth it
>>
>>1931554

Absolutely, i love Scotland and Ireland. North Scotland is perhaps the most beautiful place i have ever been too. It's crazy that people actually live there. Blows my mind to be honest, such a beautiful and mysterious place in the northern part of that country.
>>
Scot here. Don’t get scammed by the “highland” products like chocolate or whatever, literally just a scam for rich tourists.

Stay away from Glasgow and Dundee at all costs. Literal scum pit of planet earth.

Check out Edinburgh for a day or so and venture north to Glencoe, Skye, Cairngorms, Perthshire. Take pictures of the hills and trees and realise that travelling here wasn’t kind of pointless and go home, upload your pics on social media and try your best to convince your late friends how magical Scotland was to validate your decision to travel there in an attempt to elevate your status and ego by appearing to always have such a great time every day and everywhere you go.
>>
File: 1543699104404.jpg (20 KB, 460x442)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>1933302
Are you okay fren?
>>
>>1933302
oh yeah you sound scottish alright
>>
>>1933009
Scotch, real hot food, castle
>>
If you like
>hiking
>beautiful varied sceneries
>fresh seafood and meat
>baked goods and other desserts
>whisky
>beer
>gin
>wildlife
>rocks and assorted geology shit
And don't mind rain and want to get away from crowds of people then Scotland is a fantastic place. Just don't spend a lot of time in the usual suspect tourist traps of Glasgow, Edinburgh, St. Andrews, Inverness, Aberdeenshire, etc. and go out to the Hebrides or the Northern Highlands like Rosshire, Sutherland and Caithness. Just make sure to go in the Spring or Fall to get away from the tourist hordes. Winter if you're an uberchad who's cool with how fucking windy Scotland gets cause it is well worth it for the views and the culture.
>>
>>1933302
The hogget pie is delicious btw
>>
>>1931554
Where do I get a qt scottish waifu
>>
>>1933692
simply buy a bottle of pic related and hold it aloft as you walk through the streets of glasgow on a friday evening
they will follow you like rats follow a pied piper
then simply take your pick of the beauties and award the bottle to her. she will be yours forever or at least until she sobers up
>>
>>1933692
They're all taken once they hit 18 m8. At least in the parts of Scotland that aren't urban wastelands full of drug addicts.
>>
>>1931715
I thought it was because Inverness is the last non-terrible place to actually stay if you want to go and visit some of the more northen stuff that it has around rather than anything in inverness itself.

>>1933305
No, Scotland is basically a worse England and England is already shit. At least it's better than Wales.

>>1933742
... is there anywhere in Scotland that isn't wastelands full of drug addicts, urban or otherwise?
>>
>>1933720
I visited the village in Devon where they brew that stuff; it's the cleanest, most toff-infested place you can imagine; thatch-roofed cottages with a Jaguar in every driveway. God bless the capitalists.
>>
>>1933720
fuck I miss this stuff. A 750 of this for c. 8 quid and you're good to go.
>>
>>1933720
really wish i had made an honest effort to sneak some buckie back to the states when i was there on a high school trip.
>>
File: 20191004_141056.jpg (2.89 MB, 4032x2268)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB JPG
Fuck the pandemic bros. I wanna go back so badly.
>>
>>1931554
Too many junkies
>>
>>1931554
Are you capable of tolerating the Scotish?
>>
>>1935257
That's literally the entirety of Europe m8. Rural Scotland is perfectly fine although I agree that there are youth drug issues given the state of some parts of the country.
>>
fuck off we're full
>>
>>1933008
>Edinburgh is also a lovely city
Except when you need to go up a fucking hill, to go up a fucking hill, to go down a fucking hill
>>
Lads: my mom is big into ancestry and has Scottish lineage, etc. She's getting old and I want to take her to Scotland while she can still travel easily.

Where are non-meme places i should take her?
>>
>>1935597
govan
>>
>>1935597
Where in Scotland was her family from?
Also Edinburgh or St. Andrew's are probably fine but if you want a cooler experience go out to the Hebrides (if she's okay with boats) and see some cool coastal towns like Tobermory or Port Ellen.
>>
Women were drooling over me there. Banged like 5 different chicks during my stay there.
>>
How do most people 'do' Scotland I am coming for a once in a lifetime trip soon and was told a rental car and driving across it was the way to go, is that correct?
>>
Anyone know if Stirling is worth it? I wanna go there since my Great Nan was from there, and I kind of want to reconnect with my roots (no I'm not American). Apart from that I don't really know what else there is to see there
>>
Depends what you like I suppose. I like nature and history, and the Highlands has plenty of both. Castles, standing stones, cairns, hill forts, clootie wells, you name it.
>>
>>1933720
>english red wine
>high caffeine content
>15% alc
what the fuck is this?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLMU_84BLLM

>>
>>1936773
it's the breakfast of champions anon
and a perfect healthy pick-me-up at any time of day
just ask the guys you see lying on the pavement outside the corner shop
>>
>>1936592
Stirling is ok but I'd personally recommend Doune (their castle was the filming location for Monty Python and The Holy Grail's French taunting scene) and Pitlochry just cause they're quieter and have some wonderful hiking trails.
>>
>>1931554
It has lots of hills and lakes, which can make for nice wallpapers for your laptop. It doesn't have a particularly interesting history though, apart from a few 18th Century baronial manor houses that all look the same and a handful of streets in Edinburgh. You can have the Scotch experience without ever leaving England, by visiting Cumbria and Northumberland, and have the benefit of being in a nation that actually has things worth seeing that aren't barren, treeless, lifeless expanses of grass and brown water.

AND

The English are generally a nicer, fitter, healthier, happier, smarter and more handsome people.
>>
>>1936784
good lad
>>
>>1933302
this guy is confirmed scottish
>>
>>1938786
>The English are generally a nicer, fitter, healthier, happier, smarter and more handsome people.
Said noone ever.
The only people in Scotland who are out and out rude are Glaswegians but they might as well be NORF FC expats.
>>
>>1933302
Also Scottish and Glasgow is well worth a visit. Agree on Dundee though, fife in general has very little in my opinion.
>>
>>1936227
Grew up in port Ellen. Fucking boring, even for a holiday. I’d say especially for a holiday. There’s nothing to do unless his mother is seriously into whisky which seems unlikely
>>
>>1939861
Funny that. The first time I went to Edinburgh I encountered the rudest fucking bus driver and even a cheeky homeless cunt who had a go at me for telling him I had no change. Glasgow folks are great
>>
>>1939910
Islay is pretty cool though for bird watching, old Gaelic and Norse structures and long distance hiking (although not as good maybe as some parts of the Eastern Highlands.) Walking up Beinn Bheigeir was a fun time as was the walk through to Rhuuval. Islays also a stone's throw from Jura as well which has pretty decent hiking trails and some cool waterfalls.
>>
They can't even find a decent culture to be colonized by. They are ruled by effete arseholes. It's a shite state of affairs to be in, Anon! And all the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference!
>>
>>1939911
I personally didn't see any issues in Edinburgh outside of some schizo on the train who sat next to me stressing out about how he didn't buy a ticket for the train. Maybe I should go to Leith next time to get the authentic experience.
>>
I spent a weekend in Glasgow a few years back, didn't really leave the center, I enjoyed the city.
I'm thinking of going to Edinburgh sometime later, and possibly take some bus tours to see castles and distilleries.
>>
>>1931554
It's beautiful place (when the weather is nice) but depends what you're after. To be honest you can find similar in England (outside of London).
>>
>is x worth visiting?
yes

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.