[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 53 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next ~72 hours. Apply here.

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Welcome to /rcg/, a place to discuss all things roller coasters and amusement parks.
>>
File: velocicoaster mountain.jpg (152 KB, 1200x900)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>1931170
The mountain they put in the velocicoaster looks pretty rad.
>>
>>1931426
Agreed. The rock work on this thing looks phenomenal.
>>
Does anyone know if BGW tickets commonly go on sale? I’ve been there once, when I was like 13, and looking at ticket prices now it’s crazy, that is definitely not a $90 park. I’d like to go with my gf this spring but only if it’ll be possible to grab decently discounted tickets.
>>
Can we all agree Busch Gardens Williamsburg is god tier?
>>
>>1931558
It’s about on the same level as the Cedar Fair parks, only thing it does better is muh landscaping/atmosphere which is not the reason I visit a coaster park, I would never pay $90 for a single day ticket, if I’m paying that much I may as well go balls deep and go to Universal or Disney instead
>>
>>1931578
Disney has no good rides
Universal only has the Hulk which is like 15 years old now
>>
>>1931527

BGW single day tickets are often over priced. They use (pre covid, haven't been since Oct2019) to have a pretty devent deal for season passes around $120 which isnt bad if you plan on going 2 or more days... But the real kicker was that inclused exclusive days only accessible to season pass and media which would be at min capacity and allow for days of non stop re-rides. Also it use to give quarterly "friend" passes to bring someone. You may be able to find a VA local that has an extra pass or freebie since they give out crap like that a lot to local schools. Best time to go is either before summer break or in September after school goes back for low lines and capacity.

In terms of RCs, the park is full of a lot of solid rides but unfortunately no huge top 10 coasters like Fury 325 or such. All of their coasters rank pretty high to myself personally but the theming and atmosphere of the park make it a bucket list park.

Also if you are in the area, take a day to go to Kings Dominion to ride Intimdator 305 and Twisted Timbers..... RIP Volcano :(
>>
>>1931637
I live in Ohio, and don’t really want to spend multiple days at Busch if I can avoid it. I thought about doing a day at BGW and then doing a separate trip for KD and Carowinds, but maybe doing Busch and KD together and Carowinds alone is better. If I go back to working at KI this year then I’ll have free admission and plenty of comp tickets to get myself and my gf into KD and Carowinds, if I don’t have to work at the ol’ Island again we’ll just get Platinum Passes, but Busch actually comes out of our pockets, so that’s the tricky one to plan. I mean, tickets are half-off right now, so maybe we’ll go ahead and buy them before the sale ends. The fact that it’s a somewhat long drive and hotels aren’t cheap is what really makes it not economical to do all three parks in one trip. In summer 2019 I went down to Carowinds with the boys for 4 days in the second week of June, apparently Charlotte city schools were still in session so it was dead, so we did everything the first two days and just took a day trip to KD on the third day and rode everything there, I’m thinking if I go to Busch I’d want to do it in probably March.
>>
>>1931629
I pretty much agree, except I do like the screen rides at Universal. I’m just saying Busch doesn’t scream “$90 value” to me compared to the Orlando parks.
>>
>>1931654
The drive between Carrowinds and VA parks always feels way longer than is should be. Maybe combine Carrowinds with Dollywood?

I agree BGW is a pricey park. Maybe wait until Fall for Hallowscream since it is included in the ticket price and the Busch parks spends a lot surprisingly on their houses.
>>
>>1931664
Good to know, I’ll keep that in consideration. I’ve always wanted to see how KD’s Haunt is, so if I can roll those both into a weekend trip that might be nice. One weird thing is that Platinum passes don’t get you into every park’s Haunt, but I can’t find an up-to-date comprehensive list of which ones you get into free. I know for a fact Knott’s isn’t included, but I’m not in the market to go to Cali anytime soon, so really I’m just trying to figure out which ones I get into between Canada’s Wonderland, KD, and Carowinds.
>>
>>1931674

I would be suppised if KD was blacked out. Its clientele is very localized and they have BGW only an hour away. I went to both 2017 and 2018...

BGW has better themeing and more money invested into their houses and scare zones... But is more "PG13" geared toward being more actractive to families but still fun... But also lots if booze and beer because, well, is Busch Gardens.

KD is like pretty much any cedar fair haunt but with a lot of the local annoying teens. But their houses are a lot more, "scary" I guess. Best house is their "old timey cars" is actually used as a maze where you drive the car through the fog filled woods.
>>
>>1931679
I’ve heard Scarowinds is blacked out for Plat pass and CF employees which is bizarre to me, I’ve heard the same of CW. I’m pretty sure KD isn’t blacked out. Any major rides closed during Haunt at KD? I assume FoF is if they still have the house inside of it but that’s hardly a concern when KI is my home park. I’ve done all the KD coasters but gf has never been so I wouldn’t want her to miss out on anything.
>>
>>1931685

Correct. FoF que is used for a house. Other than that every coaster should be open.

I am still sad about Volcano... I am so happy I did it twice at the begining of the 2018 season. I got a season pass that year and each time I went after the opening month it was down, and I started to notice things were off as it went from "volcano might open later" to "volcano wont open today" to "volcano might not open for Halloween" to "ohhh, that ride" to "**sad trombone noise**"
>>
>>1931693
Glad I got a number of rides on it back in like 2012 or 2013 or whenever it was that I first went there. From what I heard CF basically destroyed that ride by using cheaper replacement parts that were lower quality than the Intamin parts, and then it got REALLY fucked up and they just cut their losses on the thing.
>>
>All this talk about KD

So being a seasonal worker there if you come on a early weekday you’re going to get everything in. We aren’t as busy as other major CF parks despite having that image and the lines are generally not as long. General pub is mostly scared shitless of I305 so you could stick around and get quite a few rides in.
>>
>>1931775
I find it amusing that the GP are scared of I305 but will queue up for 3 hours to ride MilF.
>>
I’m the same guy that was posting about trying to take a trip to KD and BGW earlier. Also a former Firehawk employee. It pains me that it was removed. Nighthawk doesn’t have much life left in it, does it? Best to make the pilgrimage again this year, I suppose, while I still have the chance.
>>
File: taron_10.jpg (232 KB, 1440x900)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
I'm kind of a bitch when it comes to rollercoasters so I don't ride the biggest/fastest ones. Has anyone here been to Phantasialand and been on Taron? I really wanna visit the park and ride it if only because that themed area is so gorgeous, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle the coaster itself. How intense is it? I'd love to try F.L.Y. there too but same problem.
>>
>>1931869

What would you say is the most intense coaster you have been on?

>>1931841

I am glad I got a ride on both Nighthawk and Firehawk, but I am not that sad to see them go. There is a reason why only 3 were ever made. I am fine with rough coasters but Nighthawk was just as painful as a Vekoma hang-n-bang. It made me apprciate B&M fliers even more.

Anyone here been on Tatsu's back row? That pretzel loop is...
>>
File: efteling_baron_1898.jpg (133 KB, 1024x576)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>1931965
Hard to say, the only coasters I've done is a few wooden coasters and then I guess Python and Baron 1898 at Efteling. The first is a very basic coaster with loops and corkscrews and the latter is a dive coaster, and aside from that first drop it's not that crazy I think. They're definitely less intense than Taron looks to be from what I've seen/heard.
>>
>>1931578
>It’s about on the same level as the Cedar Fair parks, only thing it does better is muh landscaping/atmosphere
So it's way better than Cedar Fair then
>>
>>1931745
>From what I heard CF basically destroyed that ride by using cheaper replacement parts that were lower quality than the Intamin parts, and then it got REALLY fucked up
That could have been a last ditch effort to keep it going after OEM parts made its operation cost prohibitive. Or just CF being dog shit again

>>1931775
>>1931786
Wonder how long until they pull that out or give it a major overhaul.

>>1931869
>I'm kind of a bitch when it comes to rollercoasters so I don't ride the biggest/fastest ones
Often they're the easiest to ride and don't generate insane forces smaller rides will. The only thing you have to fear is fear itself.
>>
>>1931869
Im not sure how much of a help i am because i love roller coaster rides. I dont remember it being as scary or THAT memorable but ive been on Kingda ka (139M Stratacoaster; 2nd/3rd tallest and fastest in the world or something), and the 3-4 record setting/breaking ones in FujiQ... so usually only record setters and ones that hurt are memorable.
have you been on the other roller coasters at the park?
Or have experience with Europa park?

Ill mention a few that were less enjoyable because of whiplash, rockiness etc.
I found black Mamba at Phantasialand much rougher, it stung my eyes from the wind and generally less enjoyable than Taron. I also didnt like that other one that looks like India Jones ride at Phantasialand nor the actual indiana jones ride at Paris Disney. Theyre all bumpy or whip you around too much.
>>
>>1932090
>major overhaul
They reprofiled the first turn and gave it the better restraints that don’t bang your head around, what more could one want?
>>
>>1932164
>reprofiling the first turn
Not exactly what I had in mind.

I consider i305 to be the prototype 'extreme giga,' and a commercial flop
>>
>>1932176
I think that’s just because they misread the market, not because the ride itself is bad.
>>
Bump
>>
>>1932207
This. I bet if MilF and I305 were swapped than nobody would be saying the market was misread.
>>
>>1932207
>>1933466
Enthusiasts are truly delusional lol
>>
>>1933474
t. never been to CP
>>
>>1933474
I enjoy the ride, champ. Apparently so does that other guy. Sorry that you don’t. Doesn’t mean other people can’t enjoy it.
>>
>>1933496
>t. never been to CP
False

>>1933497
>I enjoy the ride, champ. Apparently so does that other guy. Sorry that you don’t. Doesn’t mean other people can’t enjoy it.
Why are enthusiasts this easily asshurt. It's almost universal
>>
>>1933499
>enjoys a ride that someone else doesn’t enjoy
>non-enjoyer doesn’t like this, calls enthusiasts delusional and attempts to deride them at every turn
>”LOL ENTHUSIASTS SO BUTTHURT SO EASY TO RUSTLE THEIR JIMMIES HAHAHAHAHA”
>>
>>1933499
Less deflection more objection

Explain why you think we’re delusional in thinking I305 is in a bad market or the ride being good
>>
Like clockwork the enthusiast becomes completely histrionic at the slightest deviation from his own autistic narrative
>>
>>1933502
Don’t reply to him, he’s a clear shitter and never had any intention of having a conversation in this thread.
>>
>>1933503
Reminder it’s even more autistic to provide an opposing opinion but fail to give reason as to why it’s held
>>
>>1933504
Wah fuckin wah

>>1933505
>i-it’s even more a-autistic
Lol sure it is
>>
>>1933505
He doesn’t actually hold that opinion, he’s just trying to get a rise and derail a thread
>>
>>1933514
Nope. It's a flop.
>>
>>1933517
>>
>>1933518
Are you in ACE?
>>
>>1933522
Nope, keep trying
>>
>>1933529
You'd fit in perfectly
>>
>>1933533
>>
I just can’t imagine being THIS assblasted that somebody likes a coaster that I’m personally not a fan of, holy shit this is sad
>>
Have you calmed down anon?
>>
>>1934676
Which Anon are you referring to, me and the other enthusiast or the i305 shitter who killed the thread?
>>
Has anyone visited Australian parks before? How do they rate compared to parks in the US?
I live close to the Gold Coast and I obviously enjoyed the parks when I was young, but I took one step into DisneySea and I was blown away, Dreamworld, Movieworld etc. don't even compare, we had basically no good coasters (besides a concussion-inducing SLC) for years until Movieworld got an Intamin Accelerator and more recently a Hypercoaster, and even with those 2, the other rides in the park are really sub-standard in comparison, they got rid of their Batman motion simulator (which was really good, just desperately needed a second content overhaul) to put in a really cheap-looking shooter dark ride.

I'm planning a US trip at some point in the (probably far) future and I'd like to primarily visit Knott's, Disney & Universal in California, I am considering Cedar Point but I feel like I may get my fill just from the Cali parks, and it's a bit out of the way of where I want to travel, is it worth it?
>>
>>1935267
Oh, you're still upset. Didn't mean to provoke you.

>>1935345
>I am considering Cedar Point but I feel like I may get my fill just from the Cali parks, and it's a bit out of the way of where I want to travel
>is it worth it?
I don't think it is (even though CP is an amazing park) because you're adding on another sizable trip into an already long trip to the US. In LA you've got Disney, Universal, Knott's, and Magic Mountain (not to mention everything else to do in LA), that's plenty to keep anyone happy for one visit. I'd just do those on your trip and then do another trip later on to hit CP and some other parks in that region of the country. Sandusky is out by itself with nothing else to do so you'd be stuck there unless you planned to hit other parks in the region.

There is a youtube channel called Pleasure Beach Experience done by a British guy who traveled to Cedar Point and some other parks in the US and has detailed the trip and what it will realistically entail and cost. One thing to think about is that you will definitely need to rent a car to go to CP whereas you can get around LA with Uber and taxis no problem.
>>
So fellas, do we think SFGrAm will open this year? Was gonna get a membership last year and maybe go two or three times, but then they never opened
>>
>>1935800
I would rather not to go a park than go to a Six Flags park
>>
>>1935802
Well, I’ve never been to one, and Great America is only 6 hours away and looks like it has a great lineup, so sue me
>>
>>1935812
>only 6 hours away
Drive somewhere better

Where tf are you
>>
>>1935800
>>1935812
Great America is fine, one of the better Six Flags parks, not really many choices nearby, 6 hours is a bit of a trek, though.
>>
>>1935814
Dayton, Ohio, which is about an hour north of Cincinnati. My home parks are Kings Island, where I’ve worked since 2016, and Cedar Point. I’m just interested in trying out Great America, I don’t see the problem.
>>
When do we expect Disney to drop their ridiculous mask policy? Or at least add disability exemptions for patriots to exploit?
>>
>>1935800
I dont see why not; except for anti maskers they cant crowd control and states still banning theme parks. Those parks are going to go under if they cant reopen this year.

In europe i was able to go to a few theme parks here during covid but they enforced masks in every line, indoor space and on every ride. If you lost your mask on the ride you were expected to have a back up or you had to purchase a new one. All rides had lines where to stand for 1-2 people parties. The 3rd perosn would have to stand on the next line. Seemed easy to enforce as theres usually someone at the front of the ride to check heights and someone boarding the rides.
At the time we could take off our masks walking around the park but i believe they limited it to only taking it off when sitting and eatting or standing to the side more than 2M away from others to eat, drink or smoke.

Without wearing a mask 90% of the time is another question.
As for six flags. I rather go to shitty offbrand theme parks with some kind of theme going on. I hate walking from ride to ride only seeing beams and poles, concreate and lack of land scaping and decoration. I feel like im paying for an overpriced state/county fair. But ive only been to great adventure and over georgia so maybe these are just the shittier parks?
>>
>>1935836
Im sure theyll milk it as long as possible to sell their printed masks. I wouldnt be surprised if they roll out their mickey ears with some buttons on them to attach masks, masks already attached and handkerchiefs attached.
>>
>>1935834
As the other anon said it's one of the better SF parks, but that's not saying much
>>
Going to DW in early April (been to DL multiple times), spending three days total (different park each day, no Epcot). What rollercoasters/rides are the best? No Small World stuff, bros...
>>
>>1935841
> I hate walking from ride to ride only seeing beams and poles, concreate and lack of land scaping and decoration.
Literally what walking around Carowinds is like, everything is too spaced out and it’s mostly just concrete in the in-between, but they have a great collection of rides
>>
>>1935841
>But ive only been to great adventure and over georgia so maybe these are just the shittier parks?
The Atlanta park used to be one of the better ones, even after Premier took over. The last time I visited was 2012 and it was so bad I realized nothing could get me to return except a giga, and that's still a maybe

>>1935856
>Literally what walking around Carowinds is like
I agree but the ride lineup is better than comparable SF parks not to mention the quality of operations
>>
>>1935850
My favorite rides are the new Pandora ride (the one like soarin) and soarin. I dont normally like 3d rides normally like the starwars one but i enjoy rides that also have scents in them because its an extra touch and i never felt sick after riding them.

Animal kingdom is about 50% zoo; so if youre not with children or into spending your time strolling around the zoo.. and you have park hopper passes. i Would just do pandora, dinsaurs, expedition everest, maybe hit up some of the smaller rides and then go to epcot after 1-2pm (which is when all the countries open).

Otherwise prioritize all labeled as roller coasters and try to get fast passes for them. you can check wait times on the app. I always look a day or two ahead of time to get an idea of whats popular and then head to those either after dinner or just when the park opens if you dont get fast passes.
>>
>be me
>go to Kentucky Kingdom
>stapled on every ride because I’m white
>>
Is thread dead?
>>
>>1937682
Everyone kind of left after the fallout from the I305 shitposter
>>
>>1938420
He made you this mad lol
>>
>>1938688
(You)
>>
Fair warning about Universal Orlando for Annual Passholders, which I discovered recently. They'll continue to charge you monthly after your year has expired. You have to cancel that shit in writing, unlike Disney World, which ends after the year. I'm a fucking retard, I know, but I wasted 6 months of payments for 3 Annual Passes thinking that they had expired when they were supposed to.

Never fucking getting an AP at Universal again, only Disney and Busch Gardens from here on out. Fucking kikes.
>>
>>1938783
Damn bro that sounds like some real bogus ass
>>
Why does Magic Kingdom have three of the same flat ride?
>>
>>1940535
What are you referring to?
>>
>>1940975
Astro Orbiter, Flying Carpets, Dumbo
The only flat ride I know of that Magic Kingdom has three of
>>
Cannot believe all it took was one guy hating a single roller coaster to kill a thread
>>
File: walibi intamin mega.jpg (653 KB, 1520x1140)
653 KB
653 KB JPG
>>1941929
Dude you're the only person here still going on about that, just shut the fuck up about it, no one cares.

More on topic, I'm excited my country is finally getting a mega coaster. I hope it lives up to the hype.
>>
>>1941945
>>
>>1941945
What second-world shithole do you live in where an Intamin Mega is a big deal
>>
>>1942127
It's even worse, I live in Belgium.
A-at least I can drive a few hours to Phantasialand if I want haha
>>
>>1942217
That’s rough, but I’d like to check out Phantasialand. I think I’d rather go to Japan first, though. I just can’t decide if DisneySea is worth it. It seems like a Busch situation where it’s like “yeah this park is gorgeous” and that’s its main selling point rather than its ride collection.
>>
>>1942311
I think it depends on what you value most in a theme park. For me I'm way bigger for good theming and immersion and prefer things like dark rides and simulator rides rather than pure thrill rides, so for me DisneySea is the number one park I still wanna visit (probably next year). But I can totally agree that there's gonna be more thrilling stuff in other parks.
I just wanna sit in Mediterranean Harbor, look at the volcano and forget I'm even in Japan.
>>
Okay, so I’ve never really travelled internationally, at least not since I was an infant (was born in Deutschland but parents are both American). Assuming I go to Toronto in July for a Transformers convention and also for Canada’s Wonderland, what am I in for as far as taking merchandise back across the border with me? Is it pretty straightforward? Am I gonna get taxed on that shit just to take it back home, and if so, how badly? I mean, it’ll probably just end up being a t-shirt or two, maybe a keychain, and probably 1-2 Transformers toys, it’s not like I’m hauling back a shitload of merchandise or anything.
>>
>>1942311
>>1942392

Ill start this by saying ive been to Disneyland, California Adventure, all four parks in florida, hollywood studios paris, Paris Disneyland and both Tokyo parks. Tokyo disney sea is my favorite park with epcot and california adventure being second and third.

If youre a disneyfan its worth it. If you like cute shit, its worth it. If you like cute/photographable food its worth it. You can skip Tokyo Disneyland unless youre really into pooh bear as the ride, otherwise its similar to all the other disneyland parks.
90% of the merch is not found at other parks (though they seem to be sharing more with chinese parks). They seem to have different licensing agreements, because theyre 51% owned by Oriental something or other.

Disney sea is more the "Adult" park. It is heavily picturesque and a lot of people come just to take photos, especially with characters. However if you arent asian i found a lot of characters will run over to you and let you/make you take photos with them ignoring the 20 Japanese kids waiting patiently in line.
You can google the rides theres the classics like tower of terror (with other story line about an explorer getting cursed vs the classic twilight zone), Soaring apparently just opened, indiana jones, raging spirts (an outdoor rollercoaster like the indiana jones one in paris(?)), toy story mania (similar to the one in california adventure)

but theres also journey to the center of the earth which is another high speed roller coaster.

Phantasia land doesnt compare at all (and feels like a cheesy knock off despite being built before disneyland) but i also live a 20 min drive away from it. I prefer Europa park to Phantasia land and ride wise more than Paris disney. But i generally dislike paris disney because it just feels incredibly small and i always finish all rides/everything within 1.5 days. Europa park is beautiful but also has exciting rides and is like half the price.
>>
What is best rollercoaster in California?
>>
>>1943155
What do you like about California Adventure? I haven't been there yet, but to me it doesn't look like it's that crazy compared to some of the other Disney parks.
>>
>>1942392
>I'm way bigger for good theming and immersion and prefer things like dark rides and simulator rides
A Universal park is better for you
>>
>>1943155
>However if you arent asian i found a lot of characters will run over to you and let you/make you take photos with them ignoring the 20 Japanese kids waiting patiently in line.
Hahahaha based
>>
>>1943186
X2 or Tatsu probably. I'm surprised CA only has a single hyper and it has no gigas.
>>
>>1943310
Its big enough that it doesnt feel small but its not huge where you need a car/bus to get you to disneyland/magic kingdom.
Plus i like the California screaming/Incredicoaster, tower of terror/Guardians of the galaxy, soarin, grizzly river run, toystory mania. Everytime ive been i could spend two days and still have stuff to do and it still feels different and like its own park. Im not a huge cars fan but the area does look pretty cool.

I also really liked the bugs life area with the caterpiller ride that was scented that they got rid of it.

Plus californias weather is nicer than florida. I hated the random midday showers that would just FLOOD the park because they had a shit drainage system.
>>
>>1943392
Th west coast has too many good things. Gotta let the other coast have a few positives.

At least you aren’t in the middle of the US where parks are hundreds of miles in between each other.
>>
>>1944202
>At least you aren’t in the middle of the US where parks are hundreds of miles in between each other.
>implying this is a bad thing
I live 40 minutes from Kings Island and worked there, only went there like twice as a guest, compared to Cedar Point where I went for a day trip like four separate times, it’s only 3 hours away, that’s not a long drive. When I went to Carowinds with the boys we rode everything the first two days, so on day 3 we got up early, drove 5 hours to KD, rode everything, then drove the 5 hours back to our hotel.
>>
>>1944202
>>1945652
Also excuse my retarded wording and structuring, I was trying to say that the three hour drive to Cedar Point isn’t that bad of a drive
>>
Poking the thread with a stick
>>
x2 at 6 flags Magic Mountain is the most insane coaster Ive ever been on.
>>
>>1946962
It looks pretty cool but I don’t really want to go to California, not that I could afford it anyway
>>
>>1946962
My sister went on it once and her description made me want to never even get near it, god damn it sounds absolutely wild.
>>
What is your favorite ride at DisneyWorld and why is it Na'vi River feet Journey?
>>
>>1947340
Aerosmith because I’m a Vekomatard (was trained at all three of KI’s Vekomas in 2019, unironically love Firehawk and Nighthawk) and it’s basically what I wish Space Mountain was except with the unfortunate addition of Aerosmith
>>
>>1947340
>>1947382
*2018, my mistake, the seasons are all blurring together
>>
>>1947340
as i stated above. its Heimlich's chew chew train and im still really sad about it being gone.
>>
>>1947591
>>1947340
oops you said disneyworld.
I really like soarin but ill admit the Imagination with Figment is pretty good too.
>>
Bump
>>
>>1935850
>No EPCOT
Damn shame. Anyway, for each other park, I'd say the best rides are as follows.
>Animal Kingdom
Expedition Everest, Fight of Passage, Kilimanjaro Safari
>Hollywood Studios
Tower of Terror, Rock'N Rollercoaster, Rise of the Resistance (or so I've heard, haven't been there since it opened).
>Magic Kingdom
Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain.
>>
>>1940994
Cheap, take up minimal space, and kids eat them up. I'd love for MK to ditch the Magic Carpets, but it's not like you could fit much else in its footprint unlike the Speedway.
>>
>>1947340
[spoiler]Living with the Land[/spoiler]
>>
>>1948494
Based. Though for me, it's Tower of Terror.
>>
File: dirty feet.jpg (82 KB, 300x384)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>1947382
>>1947591
>>1947595
>>1948494
>>1948591
guys, guys, guys....
if it's not Na'vi River feet journey, it has to be Pirates of the Carifeetean
>>
>>1948494
>Paul Ruben's Coaster Riding Banana
Lol nice throwback
>>
>>1948630
Augh
>>
>>1948630
You're right, DL Pirates is incredibly based. The long slow float through the bayou and the pirate treasure caverns is peak comfy

>>1948637
Thanks, I was hoping someone would get it
>>
>>1948630
Enjoy it while you can footanon. Won't be long before Disney gives him shoes because you can't show pirates as having poor hygiene or being drunks. They're role models now.
>>
>>1948691
what a fucking travesty
>>1947340
and I hear they removed the animatronic for a screen now. A SCREEN?
if I wanted a screen, I'd go on the Under the Sea ride.
>>
>>1948725
I think they use a screen when the animatronic breaks down. I doubt they'd replace it full-time since the animatronic is the only reason to ride Na'vi River.
>>
I unironically like screens but I wish Transformers had more animatronics and I also wish it was rethemed to Bumblebee or something because TF 2007 feels a little dated
>>
>>1948913
I mean Bumblebee is still set within the TF 2007 universe.
>>
>>1948913
I think screens are fine, but not if they're a way to put in less effort. For example, those screens in the revamped Jurassic World ride at Universal Hollywood showing the mosasaurus tank are amazing, they're highly detailed but they add onto those by adding the water effects, making the whole thing very convincing.
>>
I saw a video of the new Beauty and the Beast ride at Tokyo Disney. I don't get it. You just go in circles while they play music. Be Our Guest was kind of impressive, but the big finale is just the same ghost trick they used from the haunted mansion? I was expecting something more along the line of Shanghai's Pirates of the Caribbean ride or even Universal's 3D Spiderman ride.
>>1931629
It's really upsetting that they took down Dueling Dragons for some faggot Harry Potter ride.
>>
>>1949024
Dueling Dragons was never the same after they had to stop the dueling aspect of it, and it had hit its lifespan. I miss it, but the Hagrid coaster is surprisingly good, and hopefully the new Jurassic Park Coaster will bring some quality thrills.
>>
>>1948969
It’s kind of a soft-reboot.
>>
>>1949035
>and it had hit its lifespan
It was built at the very end of the period in time where people could control themselves and not throw shit at other people. Societal changes ruined it, not mechanical problems or lack of popularity.

It really was gone too soon, desu I'd rather Hulk have been pulled out than DD
>>
>>1949110
I wish Hulk wasn’t so rough only four years after it got retracked. There’s no reason a B&M should be that rough. Then again, I guess it does run year-round.
>>
>>1949110
People not emptying their pockets like retards was what took away the best part of the ride, but refurbishment was what ended it. Universal had to choose between refurbishing a ride which could no longer function as intended or tearing it down and replacing it with something that fit the new land better. I really can't blame them for picking th latter.

As for the Hulk, when it came time to make the same decision, there was no option for replacement. With Disney owning Marvel, Universal couldn't replace the Hulk, so it got the refurbishment it needed.

>>1949122
Is it really considered rough? I rode it a few months ago multiple times with no issue, and I usually get fucked up by rough rides.
>>
>>1949139
Maybe I’m just retarded but when I rode it in November it felt almost as bad as Rougarou or Vortex (Carowinds). I’ll pay closer attention to it when I get down there again next month, but there’s definitely a lot more head banging on it than on, say, Raptor at CP, and this is coming from someone who understands how to actively ride coasters to avoid head banging
>>
>>1949140
Come to think of it, I do remember getting banged around when it first re-opened, and my gf seemed to think it was rough when we last went. I was trying something new to avoid headbanging, so maybe I just had a better experience than I was used to due to that.
>>
>>1949139
>Universal had to choose between refurbishing a ride
Yeah, because people kept carrying on and losing/throwing shit. There was no mechanical problem with the ride
>>
>>1949184
Do you not understand that rides have lifespans? Nobody carried anything on it from 2015 through 2017 because of the metal detectors. The issue with people carrying stuff onto the ride was it was causing injuries to other people on the ride, not because it was damaging the ride itself. That issue has literally nothing to do with refurbishment. The ride ran from 1999 to 2017, that’s 18 years of year-round service, which is far more taxing than 18 years of seasonal-only operation, especially in a location as humid as Orlando. Firehawk only got 17 years of seasonal-only operation before getting axed and there wasn’t really anything mechanically wrong with it either, but it was showing its age, losing ridership, and getting more expensive to repair, so KI did what they felt they had to do. Roller coasters are not immortal, Anon.
>>
>>1949208
>Do you not understand that rides have lifespans?
Yeah, for B&M coasters that number is obviously >20 years. It was removed because they couldn't run with the trains synced up, and the ride was just bad when they weren't.
>>
>>1949208
There are wooden coasters from over 100 years ago still running though and wooden coasters are a LOT more maintenance heavy than steel coasters. Even the Matterhorn has been standing since the 50s. If a park tears down a coaster it's not because they couldn't maintain it it's because they didn't want to.
>>
File: IMG_20181224_192556749.jpg (79 KB, 1292x969)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>1947340
Splash Mountain. I have ridden it at Tokyo Disney too, but it was Christmas Eve and like 40 degrees out so getting wet sucked big time.
>>
>>1949256
I hope they don't go through with the re-theme, at least at WDW where there is no New Orleans Square.
>>
>>1949263
I watched a fairly convincing video about how that may have been a bluff. Either way it won't bother me to much now that I live closer to Tokyo than Florida and Tokyo doesn't make changes like that. They even have rapey pirates on POTC still.
>>
>>1949024
>Beauty and the Beast ride at Tokyo Disney
Is that a trackless one?
>>
>>1949219
Matterhorn is steel though
>>
>>1949378
Yeah, that's what I'm saying, there's both old wood and steel coasters still in operation
>>
>>1949270
Tokyo Disney seems beyond based. I was supposed to go for the first time last year, but then this virus shit hit. Rescheduled the trip for this year, but now it looks like we'll have to cancel again. So sick of this fucking meme disease; I just want to ride Journey to the Center of the Earth.
>>
>>1949377
yeah, it's trackless like Pooh's Honey Hunt.
>>1949461
It's exactly the same as regular Disney Land. Disney Sea is supposedly different.
>>
>>1949463
Tokyo Disneyland is also getting Frozen Land
>>
>>1949463
Yeah, DisneySea was what I was most looking forward to, but I also appreciate OLC keeping Pirates as-is and keeping street entertainment around rather than cutting it left and right. My plan was one day in Disneyland and two in Sea.
>>
>>1949467
It's DisneySea actually, and not just that, it's part of Fantasy Springs which is a new land with Frozen, Rapunzel and Peter Pan themed areas and rides. It's looking to be pretty elaborate. I love how OLC just throws money at the parks and keeps improving. Wish I could say the same about the other parks.
>>
>>1949501
But anon, don't you just love the immersive lands of "Toy Story Land" and "Pixar Pier?" Truly they are immersive experiences for all to enjoy and not shameless cash grabs. I'm also sure you can't wait to see the new Future World in EPCOT featuring Moana instead of Innoventions. Bob Chapek is going to usher in a new era of Disney! [spoiler]Fucking kill me.
>>
>>1949463
>>1949467
>>1949474
>>1949501
>going to tokyo disney anything
Didn't know Japanese girls posted on /trv/. Mind being my gf?
>>
>>1949501
Disney replaced real artists and actual talent with a vision for the park with bean counting MBAs who don't care at all about the parks and just want to shove IPs places where they don't belong. OLC actually seems to give a damn about integrity and it shows.
>>
>>1949589
Thanks Anon, of course no telling if I’ll actually be able to go or not since I don’t actually have a passport yet and I know it takes a few months after applying which I can’t do until probably later this month, but here’s hoping
>>
File: IMG_20181224_164243285.jpg (131 KB, 772x579)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>1949463
>It's exactly the same as regular Disney Land.
For some reason Tokyo Disneyland is the only park that does the Country Bear Christmas show.
>>
>>1949505
fuck, it's embarassing
>>
>>1947340
Mission: Space
I ride it at least 3 times per trip
>>
>>1952748
Is that their uniform at that ride? Sexy
>>
Headed back down to Universal last full week of March with my dad and my brother, how busy do you guys think it’ll be? It was pretty much deceased when I went with my gf in November, but I know spring is a busier time for them, the question is with CoViD restrictions and everything, will it be substantially more busy this time around, or only slightly? My dad thinks that because we’re going during spring break it’ll be extremely busy, but most colleges’ spring breaks are actually week before the week we’re going, so I don’t know. I’m guessing it’ll be about as busy as it was on Veterans Day when I was there, which wasn’t horrible, but was noticeably not as enjoyable as the other three days I was there.
>>
>>1952866
Outlook: not so good
https://touringplans.com/universal-orlando/crowd-calendar?entry=gsl3
>>
>>1953067
Uh-oh. Maybe I’ll just spend my time drinking instead.
>>
>>1942998
If it is just a few personal souvenirs, they are not going to care. They might ask if you're bringing anything back, don't lie, but just tell them it's souvenirs or whatever and they will move right on to their next question.
>>
>>1948494
Living with the Land is a great opportunity to just sit down, indoors, especially if you've had kids wiggling or it's raining out. 10/10, wud ride again.
Hall of Presidents is the same thing.
>>
>>1953728
The music is kino and the opening scenes with the rainforest and the farmhouse are super comfy. EPCOT boat rides are the best rides
>>
I'm almost pulling the trigger right now on a 2021 season pass for Six Flags Magic Mountain for the wife and I. It's so damn cheap right now. Only gamble is not knowing when the park will reopen, and since I live in San Diego, not knowing if when it does open, I'll drive there enough times to make it worth it.

What a great park that is. Been almost a year since I went and it's such a bummer to not be able to. Went as a kid, and after going as an adult I feel like the park had only gotten better
>>
I went to a theme park alone once, it still haunts me.
>>
>>1953765
Just wondering, why get a season pass over a membership? Sure, memberships are required to be paid monthly rather than in a lump sum, but they’re almost always a better value for the money and are often times less expensive than the season passes, not to mention working at all of the SF parks — I am unsure if the season pass also works at all their parks, as I don’t actually hold a membership, but was going to get one had Great America opened last year.
>>
>>1953915
To be honest I didn't really look further into it beyond checking their site the other day to see if they were open and seeing how cheap the season pass was. I imagine the membership has some more perks, but also maybe more hidden costs.

These are the current prices, so right now a season pass is cheaper for a year than a membership. 60 bucks gets you a year long pass while a year of membership would come out to 95 or so. Worth checking the membership perks though
>>
>>1953920
The big thing about the membership is you’re on the hook for the first 12 months but can cancel anytime after that, under normal conditions the pricing works out to be better, but if they have a fat deal on season passes then that may be the better decision, really depends on how much use you think you’re gonna get out of it, SF Great America is 6 hours away from me but I figure if I go at least twice, maybe hit a couple others during my travels to other parks and destinations then it may be a good investment, I don’t really know yet
>>
Reminder Disney is for children and Universal is the immersive adult theme park.
>>
>>1954447
For me it's Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem
>>
>>1954447
who fucking cares, reminder that you're on an imageboard made for people that jerk off to anime kids
>>
>>1954447
Damn, look at this adult being very mature
>>
>>1935850
if you can switch animal kingdom out for epcot, ak only has expedition everest and it might fall apart and kill you. the animatronic is really disappointing when it's just standing there.
>>
>>1949110
>>1949122
>>1949139
I wouldn't worry too much about the hulk sticking around, superhero island is the next to go, no way disney let's them keep the theme park rights. It's also getting more expensive to produce marvel merchandise not associated with Disney.

What do you guys think superhero island will be turned into? I'd love to see some kind of action movie area with stuff like Jason Bourne, the rock movies, general spy stuff, along those lines.
>>
>>1955185
Minions Land
>>
>>1955185
Universal Monster Island would be spooky and neat. Take a page out of Hollywood and have a permanent year round haunted house.
>>
So what's going on with Super Mario World in Universal Studios Japan? All the videos I've seen are just people fucking around in an outdoor shopping mall that looks like World 1-1. Does it have a roller coaster? Or is it like Disney Star Wars where they just expect you to buy food and souvenirs?
>>
>>1955262
>Or is it like Disney Star Wars where they just expect you to buy food and souvenirs?
Kind of yeah. There's two rides currently, one is an elaborate AR version of MIB based on Mario Kart and the other is a kiddie ride based on Yoshi's Island. There's other small games to play outside of those rides, but it's not that crazy. The main draw is the land itself and the food I guess. Pic related is cute tho.
They're now adding a Donkey Kong area that will have a minecart rollercoaster, but no idea when that'll be ready.
>>
>>1955185
Universal's going to keep Superhero Island as long as they possibly can with how profitable Marvel is. Disney doesn't really have much say about it. The only issue Universal has is they can't build any new rides, but with how popular Hulk and Spiderman still are, they don't really need to. Toon Lagoon and (sadly) Lost Continent are almost certainly on the chopping block before Superhero Island.
>>
>>1955890
At some point the contract has to run out and the next negotiators for the rights to marvel rides will be Disney, they'll definitely keep them. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is planning an entire park just for the mcu. Lost continent is mostly Harry Potter now anyways. Toon lagoon has a lot of recognizable characters and water areas are expensive to build, I doubt they'll get rid of it.

>>1955258
unfortunately the recent monster movies they released were awful.
>>
>>1956191
>At some point the contract has to run out
From my understanding, it won't run out, or at least it won't run out anytime soon. Lost Continent currently has zero operating attractions (Poseidon's Fury is supposed to return, but it's not exactly a crowd favorite). As much as I'd hate to see it go, the fact that it has been so diminished makes it enticing to replace.

Toon Lagoon has lost a lot of relevance with the current generation. I could easily see Universal doing what they did with Harry Potter Land and the Lost Continent. Keep the water rides as "Toon Lagoon," then use the shopping area (which is quite large) to make a new land.
>>
Toon Lagoon has two "big" rides and most of the IPs are stuff no child alive now has ever seen. Perfect place to renovate
>>
>>1956212
>Lost Continent
Looks like Afghanistan. Get rid of that shit
>>
>>1956191
>unfortunately the recent monster movies they released were awful.
I'm not denying that, but still; Everyone knows Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman and such. Making a generic house out of those properties would be successful, I think.
Doctor Dooms Freefall could be remodeled into Frankenstein's Castle. Hulk could probably be wolfman. The only thing I can think of for Spider-Man would be turning it into a Dracula ride where you're a bat or trying to escape the castle or something.
>>
>>1956212
I don't think they're indefinite contracts but I could be wrong. One day kids are going to be very disappointed with the spiderman ride after not recognizing any of the characters in it. Harry Potter will probably take over what's left of the lost continent soon, agreed. I like poseidon's fury but wouldn't mind if it turned into a walk through the forbidden forest with hagrid. the restaurant there has a few awards so they should keep that too.

You'd be surprised at how many newer Americans still know the cartoons, and how popular they are internationally, especially popeye. My original question still stands, what would they turn toon lagoon into?

>>1956281
It sounds fun but a bit gimmicky, especially without solid films to back them up and witches and wizards so close.
>>
>>1956305
Most contracts aren't legally "in perpetuity" but effectively they are because they'll last for some amount that's longer than the average lifespan. As an example Six Flags bought the rights to Looney Tunes for 99 years back in the 80s or 90s.

Not implying the Universal/Disney contract is necessarily that long though. And like any contract, it can be voided or amended in part or full if both parties agree to the changes.
>>
>>1956305
>I like poseidon's fury but wouldn't mind if it turned into a walk through the forbidden forest with hagrid.
That wouldn't be too bad. I really hope they keep it as some sort of walk-through because it's a really unique attraction, especially for Universal.
>You'd be surprised at how many newer Americans still know the cartoons, and how popular they are internationally, especially popeye.
I'm sure most people recognize the characters, but I don't think they resonate as much as they once did, though I admit I did not consider the recognition from over-seas guests.
>what would they turn toon lagoon into?
Couldn't tell you, but I'm sure they have ideas. I'm not saying that I'd like to see Toon Lagoon or Lost Continent go because I like both of them. However, they seem like the logical choices right now, particularly LC. It should also be noted that Toon Lagoon has that fucking amphitheater that has been sitting around barely used for decades taking up space.
>>
>>1955185
DC Superhero Island, EZ change. They already have a working relationship with WB thanks to Harry Potter. Change Spider-Man to Batman, Hulk to Green Lantern, barely have to retheme either.
>>
>>1956440
And if that were to fail due to Six Flags or whatever then just do Transformers instead I guess but preferably base it on G1 to sort of keep the retro feel and keeping the darkride different enough while still tapping into a relevant IP
>>
>>1955185
>>1956191
>>1956212
>>1956440
Universal is not giving up Marvel, ever. The contract doesn't end until "the marvel island reaches an unreasonable decline in quality". Disney tried to buyout Universal from the contract, Universal said up-yours and referbed Hulk and Spider-man. That Island is repainted and basically referbed everday.

Especially now post-covid, theme parks are bleeding money and Disney has not seen a ROI from Galaxy's edge. Universal is in complete control of Marvel Baybee.
>>
>>1956460
They’re so Pringles
>>
>>1956460
I'm glad, honestly. The 90s comic book aesthetic is much more fun than what Disney has planned judging by the "Marvel Campus" concept art.
>>
>>1955373
>>
Just to be clear, Falcon’s Flight is never being built, right? Surely the project developer is halfway to Cuba right now, the investors’ money in-pocket.
>>
>>1935836
I was going to say
>At least wait times are down because of the mask policy
but then I actually checked and it's 30 minutes+ for fucking astro orbiter.
Have the wait times ever dropped because of covid? I assumed they were but it's a schoolday in the middle of the week and there are pretty high wait times.
>>
>>1935850
DL has a lot of the superior rides, however I believe that DW has a superior Splash and Space mountain. Pirates and Mansion you could ride if you want but from what I understand they're not as good as DL (I've never been to DL, just going off what I see on videos). From what I remember, Magic Kingdom is the only park with more rides than you would have time in a day to ride.

I would unironically suggest that you split your Animal kingdom park day with one of the two waterparks. Animal kingdom is not a full-day park unless you really take your time seeing animals. Do animal kingdom in the morning while the animals are awake and active, then go to Typhoon Lagoon and chill and ride the slides there.
>>
>>1940994
Carpets suck ass. Only thing I remember they had was the ability to tilt forward and back but last I rode that switch didn't even work. They kill the vibe of Adventureland, too, which is Tiki Room and Jungle cruise chadland.
>>
>>1957943
>>1935850
I would advise he should go to the epcot future world instead of a water park.
>>
>>1947340
Big thunder "Blow your eardrums out" mountain
>>
>>1949747
absolutely fucking based beyond belief
>>
>>1953823
Same, went to Magic Kingdom. Was nice getting Fastpass priority so basically never waited, but I don't think I'd do it again.
>>
>>1954447
>adult
>theme park
pick one.
>>
>>1957948
epcot fucking sucks and anyone saying otherwise is being dishonest with you or has rose-tinted nostalgia glasses.
Even if you did Epcot, future world is the worst half.
You can't go wrong with a waterpark and since California has no disney waterpark it's a much better choice for an outside traveller.
>>
>>1957938
Not certain about Disney, but I can definitely confirm that lines were significantly impacted at Universal last year. I barely waited for anything aside from the train (which had extremely reduced capacity). Most rides were walk-ons to 10 minute waits. Hagrid's was topping out around 25 minutes. It was great. Seems like things are more normal now though, especially on weekends due to locals.
>>
>>1957956
The World Showcase is one of the best parts of WDW. Future World is definitely hurting, but it still has some great attractions. if you're advocating for a half day in AK and another park, EPCOT makes more sense than a water park, especially since waterparks close earlier.
>>
File: hmm no.png (77 KB, 771x686)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>1957956
soarin, mission space, and spaceship earth are some of the best rides at DW.
you would have to be both a nigger AND a faggot to prefer a water slide over those attractions.
>>
>>1957966
>soarin
okay if you're fortunate enough to get the center seat
>mission space
cringe simulator
>spaceship earth
yeah, it's okay, but it's on par with it's a small world. Some people aren't interested in that kind of ride.
>>
>>1957966
>Mentioning Soarin'
>Not mentioning Living With the Land.
Soarin', at least the new version, fucking sucks. the bad CGI, terrible warping, and awkward transitions make it impossible to be immersed. They need to bring back the Cali version.
>>
>>1957956
>Future World is the worst half

Just say you're a zoomer already
>>
File: IMG_20181224_155229297.jpg (215 KB, 958x718)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>1957952
Christmas Eve in Tokyo Disneyland with a Japanese qt3.14 was pretty great.
>>
Can Disney World (and the Hot Topic at my local mall also) please start allowing gaiters sometime soon?
>>
Does anyone go to Six Flags anymore?
>>
>>1958191
Yes, it's a miserable experience but the coasters are good
>>
Please help anon.

Me and gf want to go to USJ at the end of March
But we went to Rusutsu theme park in Hokkaido last year and because of COVID, the queues were massive. They kept disinfecting all the seats everytime between rides, so things were mega slow.

Has anyone been to USJ recently? How has Corona affected the park, specifically the queues?
>>
>>1958251
No experience with USJ, but Universal Orlando had their operations down pat when I went. I doubt Japan would be worse, though I would also think it could get packed once Nintendo Land officially opens. Hopefully someone else can give you more info.
>>
>>1958015
so you admit that future world banks off nostalgia to be worth anything. got it.
>>
>>1958345
No, you just weren't born during the time it was actually good
>>
If I go to Epcot and try to order a drink in Norwegian in the Norway pavilion, will the cast member appreciate my attempt to use his/her native language, or will they just think I’m retarded? I’ve been learning Norwegian and want to apply it to my real life.
>>
after seeing OPs thread it brought back memories of me being young and really liking that dueling dragon roller coaster at universal. I looked it up and found out they tore it down, feels bad man
>>
>>1958191
I do whenever I go back home to the Chicago area and it's open. Six Flags Great America is pretty damn good.
>>
>>1958549
>Six Flags Great America is pretty damn good.
Very sad
>>
>>1958384
That's basically what I just said, no?
I'm not saying that Epcot is completely valueless, I'm just saying that since the anon asking for planning advice is only going to be there three days, I personally would not recommend he waste time at Epcot when there are better things to do. I believe a waterpark would be a good thing to maybe chill out a bit because he would have spent 2.5 days in the florida heat and stank surrounded by big crowds.
You make a fair point about the waterparks closing earlier, I forgot about that. I would still recommend it but maybe visit the Disney Springs area afterwards to complete the day.
>>
>>1958609
I'm the guy who mentioned the early close, and I would like to say I agree with you about Future World being in rough shape. Memories of a better time don't matter to someone who hasn't been there before. It still has some good attractions, but a lot of the soul is gone and may never come back.

As for the waterpark suggestion, I think it really depends on what kind of trip the guy wants. I personally am not one to take relaxation days on a short trip like that, so I'd try to maximize time in the main parks. However, if he does value a more calm day, your suggestion makes sense. I just think it would be a shame to pass up World Showcase, but if you only have three days, some sacrifices may have to be made, especially if you have no park-hoppers (not sure if they're an option for him) and it's your first time at WDW. Disney Springs, as you mentioned, is also definitely worth checking out with the parks currently closing earlier now that it's come into its own.
>>
>50th anniversary of Disney World
>All they've announced so far are themed overlays for the 4 park icons and mickey mouse costume
Mousebros.... what are they doing?
>>
>>1958976
The bare minimum, Chapek has no vision for the parks
>>
>>1958976
Disney has been using Covid as an excuse to cut a bunch of shit while delaying everything else. Comparing their response to Universal's is sad. Fuck Chapek.
>>
Bumpski
>>
Bump.
>>
File: Untitled-19.jpg (1011 KB, 1920x1435)
1011 KB
1011 KB JPG
Has anyone been to Discovery cove in Orlando? It seems extremely cozy as a date spot for couples surrounded by fish and birds and stuff. I have never been but hope to if this covid shit dies off enough so that I don't have to wear a mask.
>>
>>1962511
I have not, but I'd like to check it out as well. According to my sister (who has also never been) they limit the number of tickets they sell a day so it's never super duper crowded, so that sounds nice. Couldn't tell you what the capacity is like though
>>
I wonder if there will ever be another coaster war... if there is I imagine it will be in China
>>
Going to Dollywood in April, what should I expect? Tips and tricks?
>>
>>1962621
>what should I expect?
covid
>>
>>1962638
Besides that though. Anything good?
>>
>>1962654
I’m also planning to go for a day-trip on a Sunday in April, assuming my KI associate ID still gets me and a +1 in for free this season, as it has in the past. Last time I was there I was like 9 so I don’t remember much about it, but just looking at their site it’ll probably only take one slow day to knock out their coaster collection if that’s all you care about. I would recommend looking at school calendars in the area for that time of year and going on a weekday while schools are in session; my girlfriend doesn’t have that luxury so I’m hoping if we go on a Sunday in the morning we can hit the major coasters while families are at church. Figuring out when schools will be in session is my biggest tip for spring theme park visits in general. We didn’t know at the time, but as it turns out Charlotte City schools were still in session the second week of June when we went to Carowinds, so it was dead, which allowed my buddies and I to ride everything in two days and then hit Kings Dominion for a day trip the third day of our four-day trip.
>>
>>1962638
Already had it. EZPZ :^)
>>
File: uh.png (211 KB, 493x275)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>1962690
uh, you can get it multiple times
>>
>>1962690
>>1962883
>>1962638
Nobody cares, talk about parks/coasties or gtfo, it’s roller coaster general not politicized covid argument shitpost derailment general
>>
>>1962891
For me, it's Cedar Point, the best rollercoaster amusement park.
>>
>>1962902
Cedar Point is based as fuck, it’s three hours away but fuck it, I went as a guest like 3-4 times last season, I only went to KI (my literal employer) like once as a guest. Man I love being at Cedar Point more than anywhere else on Earth.
>>
>>1962891
Yeah covid isn't relevant at all in a packed crowded place at all
>>
>>1962948
It’s relevant, sure, but it’s also a blatant attempt to derail the conversation, or at the very least an obviously controversial issue that you KNOW is just going to spark anger and debate that won’t be productive or help the thread in any way. Talk about parks and/or coasters in particular, or kindly fuck off.
>>
>>1962910
What is your favorite coaster? I'd have to say mine is Millennium Force
>>
File: zddr9gsb8xf31[1].jpg (1.78 MB, 3990x2946)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB JPG
>>1963452
The Voyage and it's not even close
>>
File: EMvmNcXUcAAs1Lk.jpg (40 KB, 640x628)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>1963470
>his favorite coaster is wooden
>>
>>1963470
I was asking about Cedar Point exactly, but that looks cool, where is it at?
>>
>>1963452
My favorite coaster is Magnum XL-200, but it’s important to note that just because it’s my favorite doesn’t make it the best one I’ve ridden. I think in terms of Cedar Point’s best roller coasters, my top five would be Steel Vengeance, Maverick, Millennium Force, Raptor, and Magnum tied with Gemini.
>>
>>1963599
Not that Anon but it’s at Holiday World. Also, that Anon isn’t the one you originally asked about their favorite coaster at CP, as that was me >>1963631
>>
>>1952748
No other ride at a Disney Park has made me nauseous besides this one. I'd still go on it again though
>>
>>1963564
Wooden coasters are a pleb filter, steel coasters are for normies
>>
>>1963661
Cringe

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.