[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 43 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1600910149110s.jpg (6 KB, 250x140)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
A picture taken from my country. How do i get out of this shithole? Currently don't have a passport.
[Lots of good info last time, running it again.]
>>
Omg someone hit your country with a shrink ray. That must be so horrible.
>>
>>1929331
Step one, get a passport
Step two, teach English in Asia with your powerful passport

That's it, this whole process will take you less than a couple of months to implement
>>
>>1929331
Australia speaks english language as well, or the UK.
>>
>>1929331
OP, try an Asian country.
China, Japan, and others look to be improving themselves.
>>
>>1929480
Only place that allows you to teach English without a degree is a shithole like cambodia.
>>
>>1929331

If you are a White American i understand anger at the current state of this country. If you are a third world immigrant, beaner or a black american then honestly, please fo the love of God, get the FUCK out.
>>
>>1929332
No
>>
OP, Mexico and Canada aren't too far away. Are those reasonable options?
>>
>>1929331
OP, you should get a passport. You never know when you might need one anyway.
>>
Another U.S.A. is a shithole thread?
>>
>>1932993
Know someone that teaches without one in Vietnam, and a few in other countries with fake degrees. Depending on the country it can be easier or harder to do it with a fake one.
>>
Whenever there is an argument trying to convince that America is a shithole they always post this one image of the Packard plant in Detroit. Why is this the only piece of evidence they have?
>>
Everyone knows U.S.A. is the devil's country. Get out while you still can OP.
>>
>>1929331
>Look at this abandoned site, my country is a shithole

Honestly anon, you'll find these anywhere you go to. If you're in the US stay put, get a certificate or apprenticeship in a city and you'll find a decently-paying job. Whereas it is true that China will have a higher GDP in 10 years your country isn't going going anywhere. Your median wage is 60k, twice as much as in the EU which is the second richest place. Furthermore, even after China overtakes you, the US isn't going to be automatically poor, and actually over there you are going to earn 20% of what you could at home.
>>
>>1939778

It seems as though everyone who argues in favor of staying here in the united states always use an economic motivation. Money is really the only reason people are moving here and turning it into a third world shithole.

Its all about money to most people.
>>
>>1939826
True.
The United States is the country the "Wrong Turn" movies are documenting.

...but, but muh money.
>>
>>1929331
The US is a very large country anon
>>
>>1938235
Then how about give steps to those who have a passport but no degree. Some might have the interest, but no TEFL or degree to support that. THAT is the kind of question that needs answering. Any idiot can get a degree and fuck off to Asia.

>>1933036, >>1939353
. . .
>>
File: hypothetical.png (67 KB, 320x445)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
Let's say, hypothetically, I want to leave the US on overnight notice, what countries would be good to stay at for a few months considering COVID restrictions?

I do have my passport, have about 5k in the bank, I can do freelance dev work, I have not gotten my vaccination. With this short of notice, I probably wouldn't be able to get any visas or COVID tests done. I am okay with quarantining or hiding out in the country illegally after getting through customs. I also have the ultimate goal of moving to Japan.

Considering all of this, do any countries come to mind? I don't need to flee the country right now, but I like to have backup plans.
>>
bump
>>
>>1939778
>>1939826
it's not the money you make it's what you do with it

how come everybody who "strikes it big' over here leases and buys new cars and goes into debt over a fucking BACHELORS DEGREE.

i see it play out in real time and i can't talk about it with anyone. everyone buys into this system of looking good for "other people"
>>
>>1929331
I too am looking to move elsewhere, if only for a few years. I've about $30k saved up and I'm slowly picking up French and Spanish. Any suggestions for an inexpensive, safe place to live for 6-12 months?
>>
File: 1609348991225.jpg (295 KB, 1872x1872)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
Time to smoke weed, drink vodka and gamble my favorite meme stocks con mis amigos en la basket weaving forum
>>
>>1929331
Your country is the size of a continent. If you don't have ties to your local area and are willing to leave forever, why not star by going to a place where you can save some money? Texas and Florida have no income tax. You can probably slum it and makes some money there.
>>
>>1929331
OP, you should prepare yourself for the possibility that it's not any better elsewhere. This world is an evil place, maybe the next will be better.
>>
Well Canada is poop too Amerimutts.
Don't come here.
>>
>>1929331
You have so many options within the US to pick up and move to. What State are you from?
>>
>>1929331
INB4 travel restrictions reinstated.
>>
Yes get out of the Amerimutt country, hurry.
>>
>>1943624

Its true, any state in the northern portion of the county is nice. I would recommend the PNW, Mid West or New England.
>>
Americans need to stop inbreeding with their dumbasses, that might help. I'd try to get out of that shithole too, if I was stuck there.
>>
>>1929331
Lmao you think that’s bad? You live in one of the greatest countries in the world, I would give anything to get out of pic related
>>
File: pepe cringe.jpg (41 KB, 798x644)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>1929331
>tfw you click on the thumbnail and it doesn't get any bigger
>>
>>1929331
OP,
Geez, what kind of Stupid Jackass Ass-Clowns run your country?
First go to any other country you can just to get out of there, and figure it out from there.
I would get out quick.
>>
>>1946862
What shithole is that? Cleaner than Africa shithole, but still.
>>
>>1929331
What country is that?
Looks nasty.
>>
>>1947225
This
>>
>>1946823
Yes. Stop inbreeding.
>>
>>1948389
Detroit
>>
>>1946872
Haha
>>
>>1933036
Have sex
>>
>>1947235
Looks like Argentina
>>
>>1938804
I mean I'm not trying to leave the US but I live in the rust belt, which includes Detroit and it is a pretty shitty place to live. No jobs, high crime and it's much colder than most of the country. If OP lived in this region he would probably be happy enough getting to another region of the country.
>>
>>1929331
INB4 blame it on OP.
>>
>>1932993
Cambodia has legal weed
>>
>>1953607
>Cambodia has legal weed
No it doesn’t; it has a corrupt law enforcement and judicial system making money off of mostly ignoring the illegal weed.
>>
>>1953620
>>1953607
And you're in deep shit if you do something stupid, or if they decide to make an example out of you
>>
>>1953623
Maybe somewhere else then?
>>
>>1946823
This
>>
>>1932993
Cambodia is great.
>>
Another US of A is shit thread?
Of course it is. It was shit 10 years ago, and is only headed downhill.
>>
>>1929331
>A couple of buildings were left unmaintained in a corner of this huge country with centuries of history that I live in, I can't take it any more!!!1111
>>
>>1940287
>>1939778
The only reason to be in the US is for the money. If you are non-retarded you can stack at least 20k cash in the bank a year with even a mediocre job. But living here is absolute suffering, so it's like putting a price on your soul. This country doesn't have a future. In your 20s dealing with the crime every day is somewhat cool. In your 40s you'll look at it differently. In your 60s you'll only be terrified and stressed. It's bad now and only going to get worse. And that's just the crime--everythign else is artificial, souless, consumer, corporatocratic garbage and the people are deranged and mentally retarded.
>>
Jesus, guys. I also don’t like it here and I have a grim outlook of this place’s future but holy shit are some of you guys dramatic and from behind the keyboards of your air conditioned and heated (unless you’re in Texas rn lol) rooms ironically. That’s not to say it’s all about being comfortable but for fuck’s sake some of you guys are a little absurd.
>>
>>1958790
>walk to grocery store
>pass by a dozen piles of human feces on the sidewalk and enough used needles to fill a hospital sharps can
no, it really do be like that.
>>
>>1958947
>unironically walking to the grocery store in America
You have the cheapest cars and gasoline in the developed world
>>
>>1958987
>cagers
cage culture ruined this country. why would i use a cage?
>cheap gasoline
know what is cheaper than cheap gasoline? walking.
>>
>>1958790
It's not a stretch to simply plot the course of the US to a pol greentext of bbc's and piles of feces everywhere. There will be a population of high paid system maintainers who are very nebbish and downwardly mobile if they act out, just like the goths kept learned latins around after turning Rome into a ruined shithole.
>>
>>1958772
Any thoughts on where to go that might be better?
>>
>>1929331
Get better house OP.
>>
>>1959020
>Drive to amenities from multi-acre property in suburb at 45 mph, protected from weather and criminals
>vs.
>Walk to amenities from 500 sq ft cuckshed at 3mph
Gee, I wonder which one I'll choose
>>
>>1958772
True
>>
>>1960863
Neither
>>
Whats the best SEA country to live in? And no I dont wanna teach English
>>
Good side of US is
>Can live a life of solitude out in suburbs
>Nature
>Decent money compared to other country salaries
>Travel can be fun, US is big place and regions are pretty different culturally, though all still American
>If you're white and have an above average salary and don't mind commuting while living in a drug free small town that hasn't gone to shit due to opioid epidemic, it can be nice to raise a family if you're also not a disposable office drone.

Bad side
>Homeless
>Drug addicts
>Small towns dying
>Crime everywhere
>Guns (fuck off /K/)
>Consooomerism all day every day corporate playground fuckfest
>Americans are assertive af and constantly fuck with everyone
>Everything is political or about Hollywood and TV shows
>0% walkability need a car
>Everyone is pretty much fat and ugly

These are generalizations, don't get at me with b-b-but anon, only blacks are- stfu and stop lying to the foreigners.
>>
>>1959041
What about robots.
>>
>>1961924
will be interesting to see what happens to small towns as remote work becomes permanent across many companies. in new york many city dwellers are fleeing NYC for upstate
>>
>>1961741
Vietnam for sure, senpai
>>
>>1963276
I think we'll just small cities like Raleigh and Denver grow larger while big city areas like San Fran and NYC shrink. Small towns will still die out as young people opt for reasonable prices houses in eventful small cities over meth head towns.
>>
Many areas turn into ghetto when they people move out.
>>
Wow, shitty.
>>
>>1941351
why are american's so jewish about how other people spend their money? i've not seen this anger from other people on this topic its so fucking weird
>>
>>1963276
>>1964075
i grew up a rural opioid town in new england and what you're starting to see is rich new yorkers buy up property and open art galleries and stuff, i think some of these places will turn into something similar to Beacon, NY for example

as for OP i am in a similar situation, i'm moving to south florida (miami area) and using it as a jumping off point for exploring regions in mexico and south america - i do hear that the nice areas of mexico city for example are quite nice, for what you pay to live in a ghetto area of an american city you could live in a very nice area of mexico city
>>
>>1961924
This is the most honest assessment I've ever seen on trv

I disagree with the bit about the suburbs, though. Just replace ghetto blacks with poos or something else awful.
>>
>>1966356
Don't ask questions about this stuff dude just avoid it. A lot of french guys wrote doorstops trying to explain this trash fire and they all committed suicide (except basedrillard)
>>
>>1966365
no i have to disagree, the suburban experience is probably the main selling point for the US to be quite honest - as a native it seems so cliche and boring and shitty but it's unique to the country for these abundant areas right outside of cities to offer space and quiet and safety - for most places these would be ghettos. its a soulless place to be but it offers its own serenity in a way
>>
>>1958772
I'm close to making it. About three more years in the market and I can fuck off. Anyone legit fled to the butthurt belt or the mediterranean or something? Most American dorks flee to avoid wage labor and so they want to go to Asia and fuck kids. I actually want to integrate into a smart place with healthy people. This sure ain't it.
>>
>>1966369
I guess it is unique to the US. To us it's just so awful because it's as artificial as anything in a city but without the culture and fun stuff slipping between the corporate cracks.
>>
>>1966369
>>1966375
Now if you're an immigrant professional and enjoying your salary I could see getting seduced by the suburban concept. I mean you're here for money and this maximizes your consumer options while minimizing the cultural hell of a market society. It's just very quietly mentally ill and desperate in a way you don't pick up on unless you've been here a while.
>>
>>1966375
oh yes I agree with you there. honestly the US as a whole is an extremely depressing place, especially right now. >>1958772 this anon put it quite nicely. even if you are "doing well" here (six figure job, no debt, yadda yadda) the lack of social cohesion and a joie de vivre (apology for the cliche) make it all moot. to "make it" you have to uproot yourself from your community and be a striver, you become a man without a country. I am so envious of people who come here from elsewhere, make money and then fuck back off to where they are from, at least they have a place to go to that feels like home
>>
>>1966377
yes absolutely. I think on the surface from an outsider perspective it is a major selling point but its a shell of an existence
>>
>>1961924
How the fuck is living in the suburbs a good thing? Americans are socially inept due to having grown up in the burbs.
>>
>>1929331
I misread this and thought you were posting Detroit for a second
>>
>>1932993
Not true. China does, Vietnam does, probably Japan too.
>>
>>1961924
You forgot to mention people there are racist as fuck like this >>1933036
>>
>>1942930
This is the absolute answer.
>>
As a Europoor I don't understand this meme of Americans wanting to leave the USA.

They think it's better elsewhere but I don't think it is.
I've yet to see educated people, doctors or entrepreneurs leaving the USA.
>>
>>1935311
mexico is a shithole and canadia is not as good as its cracked up to be. immigration is not very easy and you need to realise some shit about the laws and people in power
>>
>>1961924
as a foreigner in this country i can tell you right now the worst neighborhoods are the black dominated ones. I do believe this has to do with CIA planting drugs or whatever, but like lets be real and call a spade a spade.
>>1966377
>very quietly mentally ill and desperate in a way you don't pick up on unless you've been here a while.
I am currently kind of seduced by the suburban concept anon described having living in these very bad ghettos off and on for over a month now
With covid, the cities have lost much of their allure, if not all.
It is so expensive in the city for no good reason anymore
WAT DO
>>
>>1967004
if you live for business or you have wealth there is no place like the US, possibilities are endless - as some say, the business of America is business. For the rest is not so simple...you can be sort of well off in the US and still feel like you’re walking a tight rope. If you’re a single adult, you get fucked in every possible sense. You really don’t have many options here, it is a huge country but not really - there are maybe a handful of decent cities, but in these cities only a couple nicer neighborhoods where you can only rent because to purchase is in the millions. So you say ok, move to suburbs? Ok, there are a few suburbs around each decent city within reasonable commute (important because suburb has no business center)...house will cost in a nice area 500k. Oh you’re single? Suburb means no social life, no dating scene or night life, makes it impossible to find a mate, if you make this move you’re essentially giving up if you don't have a family. Rural or small town US? Again, there are nicer places but they are built for weekenders, 4chan esp does not like this reality but rural US while exceptionally beautiful is also devoid of all joys in life, no economy, no young people, again - in this case you are really giving up.

I don’t know that foriegners have a complete picture of what it is really like here, im not a commie or a /pol/tard, i’ve lived in post-industrial shithole usa, i’ve lived in college town, i’ve lived in NYC - i’ve seen a lot of the country on every level and its pretty fucking bleak.
>>
>>1967110
What would you suggest then?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.