[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 74 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

CHINA GENERAL, DAXING AIRPORT:
>Have you been to China?
>Pros/cons of China
>Interesting experiences
>General questions
>Anything else you want to share

Previous >>1891921
>>
>>1908929
no...but I heard they ate a black guy in Xianjing
>>
Thanks anon. I made the last two China generals. Good to see someone else cares too.
>>
>>1908929
I've got three mates who are black guys, we play footy on our days off. One from USA who's a bit of a hiphop cliche, one from UK who's normal and one from Senegal who's kind of a geek.
They've always got like 5 days a week tantan dates lined up. It's actually really hard to get together for a beer or something because they're always fucking these Chinese college thots every night
>>
>>1909053
No problem. This is my first time creating a China general thread.
>>
>flying from Hawaii to Europe
>arrange long layover in Kunming cause I’ve never been to China
>get transit visa no prob
>decide to make it a foodie visit, since I only have a few hours
>take treason into city, stop at first food vendor and ask for food
>get greasy fish sandwich
>continue to cute little soup shop
>get miso soup with spaghetti in it, it’s ok
>not even hungry any more
>buy a pork bun; it’s nothing special and now I feel sick
>buy a donut, it’s just a donut
>see commuters are all drinking cups of some hot liquid
>order one from street vendor
>it’s just cream of wheat in a plastic cup with a straw
>come to conclusion Kunming has shit street food
>go home, find Mark Wiens tour of Kunming on YT
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3w6UuOARJxs
GODDAMNIT I DID EVERYTHING WRONG
>>
/lit/izen here; I’ve fallen down the William Hinton rabbit hole and I can’t stop. Anyone else read him? Inb4 Maoistfag

Also,
>no lighters allowed in carry-on
Why? They all smoke anyways; bastards took my lucky Bic I’d been using camping for years.
>>
>>1909207
Tantan hasn't existed for years now dude.
>>
>>1909310
I haven't used it for years because I snagged a keeper but I think it still exists.
If not, what're the new ones called?

>>1909309
>no lighters allowed in carry-on
It's literally to stop assholes smoking in the toilets and everywhere else. Also something, something shoe bombs.
A lot of airports give the confiscated lighters away though, so you lose it on departure but pick up someone else's on arrival. They've probably stopped doing that in the pandemic though.
>>
>>1909310

Dude, I just used it last year.
>>
>>1909738

Funny thing, first time I came out a Chink airport, some old lady was there selling a bunch of cheap generic lighters. I thought the fucks goin' on?

Later when flying domestic I realized they are really gung ho about confiscating lighters. I thought I was being smart and put one in my check-in bag. They saw it x-ray and had to open it and give it to them. Matches however they could not find, lol.

I also think this police is due to Chinese uncles smoking literally everywhere they can get a way with it.
>>
>>1909310
I have been using it today.

Chinese girls have no fucking sense of humour though.

You just have to spoil them and act like a fucking idiot.
>>
>>1909785
>I also think this police is due to Chinese uncles smoking literally everywhere they can get a way with it.
Partly though terrorism is also a thing, they've oppressed the Uighar so much that some of them have gotten into suicide-terrorism which the CCP loves because it lets them label their repression counter-terrorism and claim that they're part of the global war on terror.

The lighters is also because of the fuel I believe. Not that you can't make a type of half-assed bomb out of match-heads but it wouldn't be as effective as combining the fuel from a bunch of lighters in a drink bottle or something.
>>
Looks like China has stopped issuing PU letters entirely. Told my retarded company to start working on my PU letter over a month ago and got back a nasty e mail saying they wont do shit until I get them all my papers. Fucking hell.
>>
I watched laowhy86s video on the social credit system. I thought that was always a meme, but holy shit. It's like they're trying to make blacklisted people desperate enough to donate their organs for points by banning them on trains and publically shaming them
>>
>>1911457

China is fucked up but I appreciate their level of fucked up. It shows what can be accomplished when you completely disregard human rights, dignity, and manners
>>
I've decided last night that I'd really like to go to Hong Kong in the summer if it's possible. Apparently English is widely spoke, but I'm going to learn some Cantonese for my trip anyway cus why not.

I've been to China before, so HK will be a new experience for me. I plan on going alone for 2 weeks and networking with people before I touch down. Can someone suggest good sites to start? It would be cool to befriend some HK bros besides doing an exclusive vacation gf thing.

Wong Kar Wai films and HKs forbidding future are my main initial motives for going there. I also wanna check out the beaches, mountains for hiking, clubs and variety food.

Anyone been there for more than 2 days? Was it fun?
>>
>>1911476

I went for a weekend back in 2018. Most of your time could easily be spent in Central though the HK History museum in Kowloon is outstanding and worth the visit (if only for the AC lol). I personally found HK the most fun at night. Nothing seemed to be open before 1100 so until that point I just walked around and checked out the crazy-fast escalators and the 400,000 immigrant laborers taking a day off and just sitting in walkways
>>
>>1911457
Laowhy is a jaded irrelevant white man in a foreign country who has literally nothing better to do than to brainwash impressionable retards like yourself. Social credit system is not a real thing by any measurable standard. You've been a victim of anti-China propaganda.
>>
>>1911457
>trusting laowhy
you probably watch china uncensored too
>>
>>1911457
>I watched laowhy86s video
Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>1911483
>>1911486
>>1911576

Amazing how you managed to post three times trying to be a different person each time
>>
>>1908925
I was in Beijing for 2 weeks. Good food and street culture, people are friendly but as a foreigner they will stare at you, mostly because many Chinese themselves are tourists in big cities visiting from farmland, I got a bad virus from food but hey thats a risk you take since they have different health concerns..
>>
File: btforetard.jpg (17 KB, 771x181)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>1911607
please stop wasting oxygen
>>
>>1911483
>Social credit system is not a real thing by any measurable standard
It's pretty real if you have a high profile that isn't approved by the establishment.

Xu Xiaodong had his life destroyed for exposing fake tai-chi masters and stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6-Oj56YgzU

>>1911612
>as a foreigner they will stare at you
This is true but who the fuck cares.
>>
>>1911694
and now those same bullshit martial arts are getting a crack down
>>
>>1911696
Really?
Can you give me some examples?
>>
>>1911457
>laowhy86
bruh
>>
>>1911697
Let me find the south morning china post article again. I doubt I'll be able to find it but let me look.
>>
>>1911697
https://www.scmp.com/sport/martial-arts/kung-fu/article/3110307/disgraced-chinese-tai-chi-master-ma-baoguo-walks-away

I guess I should have said people are waking up to it, rather than it being cracked down on. Sorry. But he's already out of retirement and is gonna be in a kung fu film.
>>
I knew this was gonna happen when I mentioned the social credits. Polfags need to disappear
>>
>>1911746
That you were proven wrong because you stated something as fact based on a dogshit youtuber?
>WAHHHH YOUTUBE DOESN'T LIE!!!
Retard.
>>
>>1911870
I did some reading about it after watching the video and found, from the government itself, that they've denied millions of people train and plane tickets because on their status, and other things.

also an aside, you seem like you are a very unhappy person in reality. A polar opposite of laowhy (Matt) and I'd always wish him happiness over someone like you because he's cordial, respectful and positive (since you probably havent been raised well, those are good traits humans should aspire to have).
>>
>>1911706
Fair enough.
At least they're being distanced by mainstream institutions but unfortunately, the party is still down on traditional culture being shown up by western imports.
That's why Xu Xiaodong was fucked over, because he's an MMA fighter who humiliated traditional chinese martial artists. Never mind that they were all fake masters, it's not like Xu Xiaodong has a problem with Shaolin monks or anything, he just challenges those guys who claim to have magic qi powers and shit.
>>
>>1911453
They literally can't do it until you give them your papers. Retard.
>>
>>1911965
No shit retard. You must have a lot invested in my life to sperg so hard.
>>
How easy is it to get a tech/programming job in China? Is the pay still decent these days, or is that time long over?

I've been living in Japan for a few years and wanting to try somewhere else for a while. I know a bit of basic conversational Chinese, but not enough to work in in terms of speaking (I can get the gist of what I read though).
>>
It's very hard to have any sensible discussion about China in the current political climate.
I spent months there, but that was a few years ago and it's changing very rapidly.

>TL;DR
Actually a huge county with heaps to do
Main problem is avoiding internal tourists who are legitimately the worst in the entire world (at least the world I visited)
No longer cheap, cost of some particular things is just unreasonable
Han majority isn't friendly, for being there months I met only 4 friendly people- and I'm unironically in the trenches with locals wherever I go. Many people were in fact just generally rude and obstructive
Great art galleries and cultural events, forget the cliche Chinese shit, China now rates for international arts
logistics are easy but space is very limited on trains and flights, you can hitchhike but pay a nominal fee in rural areas
You will encounter a lot of very authoritarian type police and officials outside tourist areas, I found them intrusive but reasonable- it's like India or Turkey in that regard.

I don't know much but I'm happy to help
>>
>>1912437
China has a shit ton of people and a lot of them are in the tech sector. Unless you're bringing something that they aren't, why would they hire you? Maybe you could hop onto an international company.
>>1912583
>only met 4 friendly people
odd. when i was living in japan, the only friendly people i met (that weren't at their job and forced to be friendly) were chinese folk.
>>
>>1911457
It is a meme, the dude borderline makes things up. You can literally ask chinese people about the social credit system and they havent got a fucking clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>1911476
>but I'm going to learn some Cantonese for my trip anyway cus why not.
totally pointless, any Canto people speak english and the rest speak mandarin
>>
File: laowhy.jpg (295 KB, 927x1148)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>>
File: dance.gif (92 KB, 200x136)
92 KB
92 KB GIF
>>1912728
learning some of the native language is never a bad idea. don't be stupid. travel more and get some life experience.
>>1912729
cool?
>>
>>1912729
Is that photo real? Her skull is sub-Sahara-tier
>>
>>1912845
yeah it's from one of their videos.
>>
>>1912842
>learning some of the native language is never a bad idea. don't be stupid. travel more and get some life experience.
I've travelled all over, especially in China, and Cantonese is a waste of time, you can't learn all languages so you should learn one that is more important.
>>
>>1912855
dude he said he was going to learn SOME. He's not going to pump hours into learning and become fluent. Probably pick up some phrases and various other words. Quit being autistic.
>>
>>1912677
There is a world of difference between mainland Chinese, Chinese expats (whom they call "overseas Chinese") and ethnic Chinese families in Asia.

Expats tent to stick together if they are isolated from the general population, when I was in China African nationals were desperate to get to know me just because the locals hated them so much.
A friend of mine from London had African grandparents an the local Chinese would frequently refuse to serve him in shops.

Maybe it's better on the east coast where there are more foreigners generally, but when I say after months I only met 4 friendly people I'm not exaggerating.
>>
>>1912954
I'm white but everyone in China was friendly to me even in places where i never saw any foreigners. I stayed in Guiyang for a month and saw one other foreigner, but people were friendly to me there, and easy to make friends.
>>
>>1911476

Summer can be unbearably hot, especially if you are sight-seeing and want to anything on foot (which you should). Walking with a bag all day will be enough to turn you into a sweaty mess by night time.
I would suggest coming in autumn. The temperature has just (as of two days ago) gone below 20*C.
Learn Cantonese if you like learning languages and think you can actually pick something up. No one will give a shit if you can say a few phrases and count, so it will have almost no utility.
Wong Kar Wai movies are cool, but remember they are set in the past in HK and very little is left of those days. In the mood for love was filmed in Bangkok because there was not enough old architecture left to film it in HK. I just don't want you to be disappointed. It's like somebody going to California after watching Dazed and Confused.
In my opinion, best thing you can do is go hike and swim during the days, and then party at night, then wake up late and visit some museums/sights.
>>
>>1912583
>Han majority isn't friendly, for being there months I met only 4 friendly people- and I'm unironically in the trenches with locals wherever I go. Many people were in fact just generally rude and obstructive
there's a simple trick to get people to like you, it's called speaking Mandarin
>>
>>1912729
kek
>>
>>1912727
>You can literally ask chinese people about the social credit system and they havent got a fucking clue what you're talking about
I took a train last week and there was an audio announcement that warned about how people who caused problems on the train would be penalised social credit and be restricted from buying tickets in the future.
It's definitely arrived, even if it's not the meme that /pol/tards and laowhy say it is.

>>1912845
>Her skull is sub-Sahara-tier
You think she's 2/10 and would not bang?

>>1912728
>any Canto people speak english
That's really not true, huge amounts of the population don't speak any real English. Sure they learnt it in school but the people working in 7/11s and random restaurants didn't ace their English classes.
How much French do you remember from school?
A little Cantonese is pretty helpful if you want to spend much time in HK. It transfers pretty well to learning Mandarin too so it's not wasted time. And if you end up in Shenzhen or Guangzhou, Cantonese is still useful, arguably more useful than Mandarin in Guangzhou.
>>
>>1913091
You can get banned from buses and trains in basically any country.
>>
>>1913130
Only in Gulag countries like China and USA.
>>
>>1911483
+10 social credits to you, Winnie the Pooh approves your effort
>>
>>1911483
You Wumao fags stick out like a sore thumb. Very lazy work, Chang.
>>
>>1912437
If you have a speciality you can get jobs quite easily. Most tech invest and still dream about overseas markets. Pay is usually better than japan and korea but working hours and company structure can be a bit wild west.

>>1912677
China has a lot of people but hardly experienced in necessary fields. Ten cheap recent graduates do not equal a senior experienced programmer, even if they cost the same.

>>1913091
>Cantonese is still useful, arguably more useful than Mandarin in Guangzhou
I’ve been here five years and outside of haggling in local shops or joining group activities with middle aged people mandarin is definitely the way to go. You can learn cantonese to be polite, but they are definitely phasing it out in two to three generations.
>>
>>1913155
>Ten cheap recent graduates do not equal a senior experienced programmer, even if they cost the same.
Yeah that's pretty basic knowledge. As I said "unless you're bringing something that others aren't" in this case, experience.
Use your brain a bit next time.
>>
>>1913135
>>1913137
>The soros foundation commends you on a job well done.
>>
>>1913091
>That's really not true, huge amounts of the population don't speak any real English. Sure they learnt it in school but the people working in 7/11s and random restaurants didn't ace their English classes.
I mean in HK, in HK even the shop keepers speak English, in guangdong sure they dont.

I did 5 years of French and i can get the meaning from reading it and understand the gist of speaking, but cant speak anything other than single words.
>>
>>1913268
just sexpats
>>
File: you are retarded.png (10 KB, 605x125)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>1911607
>>
>>1913279
I don't think anyone I bought anything from in a 7/11 in HK ever spoke English. Not enough to understand the phrase "$100 phone recharge card for China Mobile" anyway.

More upmarket stores sure, I could use English in Pretamanger or Olivers and even McDonalds usually but that's generally just the names of their products and they'd know them but lots of little stores and for some reason, most convenience stores, the staff spoke no English including the words to describe what they sold.
I think it's where the kids who dropped out of school worked.
>>
>>1911483
ohhhh neva happen, neva happen

Let me guess, Tiananmen Square neva happen either?
>>
>>1909309
Had to for Uni, contemporary China class. Kind of funny to see how he literally broke down and wept over decollectivization thinking farmers would be reduced to starvation, only for the farmers to turn around and sell to massive agribusiness companies and make a killing
>>
>>1913130
>You can get banned from buses and trains in basically any country.
Probably only from the company that you piss off but regardless, the announcement explicitly said that social credit would be penalised.
>>
>>1908925
Have anyone been to the new Beijing airport? How was it?
>>
>>1913553
I dunno which HK you went to but everyone spoke English to me even in tiny nowheres
>>
>>1913556
You're grasping at anything. Bit sad to be honest.
>>
>>1913553

I literally buy $100 CMHK recharge cards every month in English. Sure, HKers' English isn't as good as you'd expect for a place with English as an official language, but it's not as bad as you make out. Maybe they just pretend not to understand you because you look like the sort of weirdo who makes up stories on a Sulawesian Board Game forum?
>>
Bump. This thread is better than anything on page 1.
>>
>>1909045
Any news or video?
>>
>>1912729
TF is that thing on the left
Why is the face so disfigured
Is that how all seamonkeys look???
>>
>>1915136
He's a youtuber who lived in China and makes big money by saying CHINA BAD

It's sad because in the early days he just made videos showing life there and shit.
>>
>>1915142
Sorry meant right
What is that creature
Is that how chinese look wtf
>>
>>1915142
Also is she bashing china too? Usually they are quite blinded by patriotism
>>
>>1915144
No not most, just some in the south, she's like an extreme cantonese phenotype.

She's just a typical female drone, followers whatever her husband believes, she doesn't bash china so directly but she's in his videos and he will say "the chinese all eat dogs dont honey" "uhhh ahh yesassaa wee urr eata dawgs"
>>
>>1915163
yeah i noticed that about a lot of chinese girls
>>
>>1915270
It's a trait of all girls anywhere who date foreigners, they basically just completely abandon their own culture even though they keep their traits they dont care about keeping it, they often dont even bother to teach their kids their native language.
>>
BUMP
>>
>>1908929
It's weird how China is the only place blacks are accepted in Asia considering China hates Americans and Westerners the most. Guess that's just women, always wanting what they can't have.
That or the Chinese brainwashing to colonize Africa with Chinese citizens is effective.
>>
>>1915852
I don't understand what is with you polfaggots and thinking that as soon as we step off the plane in Asia we get lynched. Life isn't perfect there (nowhere else) but it is definitely better for us than you faggots think.
>>
>>1911917
faggot
>>
FUCK CHINA
FUCK XI JINPING
FUCK COMMIES
FUCK YELLOW STAINED DOG SHIT CUNTS WHO DON'T BATHE
FUCK SPITTING
FUCK RIPPING OFF OTHER PEOPLE'S WORK
MACHURIA IS JAPANESE
THE RAPE OF NANKING NEVER HAPPEN AND IF IT DID IT WAS A GIFT TO HUMANITY.
>>
>>1916103
relax you sperglord
>>
>>1911917
Westerners overreact. Go to China, see peasants shit and piss on the train floor and then you'll understand why they have this system.

They're trying to propel their culture and society into the civilised 21st century as fast as possible.
>>
>>1916103
schizo alert
>>
>>1916157
Westerners will complain about chinese people behaving like degens, and then complain when the government does something about it (i.e social credit)
>>
>>1916205
They are some of the most arrogant people on earth. If it's not their system then it's evil and wrong.
>>
File: rf9l3mK.png (21 KB, 2217x183)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>1915875
I know, I'm almost exclusively talking about the women aspect of Asia based off what most of us read online about it.
>>
>>1916218
That picture is pathetic. Black people can't stop playing the victim regardless of where they go.
>>
I wasted 6 months of my life learning mandarim to just find out that the rich part (except Beijin) of China speaks Cantonese.

End my life.
>>
>>1916205
Yeah because it shouldn't be up to the government to get their people to stop it, it should be the people making a conscious decision themselves to not tolerate disgusting degenerates.
>>
>>1916299
Lol
>>
>>1916276
He is a victim in this sense. I'm not gonna cry over the racism I experienced in Tokyo, but if even prostitutes rejected me I'd be pretty fucking bummed.
If I had a good black friend I'd hook him up with real Japanese prostitutes, but I won't give my info to strangers.
>>
>>1916299
basically everyone in mainland China who speaks Cantonese also speaks Mandarin, it's the lingua franca for business and lots of young people just speak in Mandarin amongst each other, not to mention places in otherwise Cantonese-speaking areas that use almost no Cantonese due to high migration from elsewhere in China (Shenzhen)
>>
>>1916299 heh that suchs
>>
>>1916218
well thank god I never fucked escorts so I don't have that problem lol
>>
>>1916385
yeah whatever you say. you experienced being a foreigner in japan. not racism. go back to le reddit with your victim bullshit. nobody gonna buy that here.
>>
>>1916702
No some lady was racist toward me, but I literally did not care. I'm saying if even prostitutes hate you, that would be pretty shit and no one deserves that.
>>
>>1917050
>you're not japanese
thats all that matters. not your skin color. get over yourself and stop playing the victim card.
they are racist to koreans and chinese. there arent any black vans in nagoya blasting "GET OUT NIGGERS" right? it says "GET OUT KOREANS" you dumbfuck.
>>
>>1916718
This is literally what most American mutts do when they move to Asia. They bring their cucked mentality with them.
>>
>>1917056
Why do you think I'm black?
>>
>>1917133
That sounds more like a European thing. Politics always gets brought up by a Euro or Aussie 90% of the time in hostels.
>>
>>1917139
cry more
>>
>>1917296
What are you talking about?
>>
>>1917530
You're talking to a /pol/tard, anything that contradicts their beliefs just drives them further into cognitive dissonance.
You can help such people irl (if you cared enough to) but over the internet, it's practically impossible.
They can't tell from your responses that they misread your initial post and telling them directly just fuels their delusion.

The game is not worth the candle, anon.
>>
>>1917574
somehow you managed to put reddit in text form.
even included the cringe and edgy thought provoking quote at the end for extra internet iq points.
>>
>>1917574
>anything i dont believe must be /pol/tard material
>>
>>1913679
chang, answer his question.
>>
>>1916208
yeah, complaining about street shitting, how arrogant can you be.
>>
>>1917589
>somehow you managed to put reddit in text form
Reddit is a textual medium, it's not surprising to see it in text form. Were you expecting interpretive dance?
>>
>>1917762
>languages known: English, Fedora.
>>
>>1917809
Fedora is an Operating System my friend.
>>>/g/ can set you straight.
>>
File: covid19 lol.png (66 KB, 1114x554)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
My plans for Christmas lunch just got shat on.
>>
>autist gets his first chinese gf
>immediately starts ranting to her about xinjiang camps, falun gong, xi jinping
>her autist mind cant accept a new narrative and they argue
>They break up
Seen this happen like 4 times now. When will you tards learn to just shut the fuck up and enjoy the pussy instead of thinking you can go on some enlightening moral crusade.
>>
>>1918429
I think it's because they think they will enlighten the girl and she will be like WOW ANON TELL ME MORE
>>
>>1918429
>has asian fetish
>can only get asian girls
>is so autistic cant keep asian girl
i've seen this happen tons as well. Out of all the whities i saw while living in Japan, I was by far the most normal.
>>
>>1918437
Oh yea it's always an asian fetishist, or just a guy who knows he cant get a white girl so he goes for the asian but then immediately bombards her with a load of shit offensive to her.

It's so bad in china.
>>
>>1918429
why do westerners always talk shit about a country while living in said country and think that people will appreciate it? It's not just a China thing, I see it over and over again in Japan, Korea etc.
>>
>>1918500
They think they're superior but beyond that they think other nationalities agree so it is a way that they brag.
>>
>>1918442
>get a chinese gf
>not fucking the propaganda out of her
Doing it wrong.

Or you can take that argument when you’re expecting a second child and you realise your visa was and always will be temporary. No matter what money you spent, hours you worked, if you married or not... I’d wager plenty of divorced parents of hapas wish they took that autistic discussion back when they weren’t balding, fat and stuck in a dead end career with a kid that half looks like him and fully hates him.

I give you most faggots trying to discuss it are retards though. Most scream China bad and spew random clickbait headlines, but you gotta probe to see if there is any rational thought or if she’s just running autopilot on wechat news.
>>
>>1918692
the problems is westerner retards who think anyone in china actually wants to hear their opinion, people generally don't take well to foreigners criticizing their country why simultaneously living off of it
>>
>>1918706
*while
>>
File: acf.png (3.53 MB, 1413x1408)
3.53 MB
3.53 MB PNG
>>1918500
I dont know why but many expats have some retarded superiority complex. The expats from developing countries are much more open minded and easier to integrate (yes ,even the african ones). Americans and europeans are the worst with their holier than thou attitude.
>>1918706
I can criticize China. Anyone who says the can't is because they go about it like an autistic retard. You have to frame it as an "us with you" instead of an "us vs you" mentality. The problem is that many expats are too arrogant to learn the local language and see locals and beneath them. If you try to converse with a local about China's problems but all you do is come out spazzing like serpentza then no shit they are going to hate you. If you came to my country and did nothing but talk shit about Canada and expect me to join you i'd tell you to piss off. My country has plenty of problems but I don't want to hear foreigners do nothing but bitch about it. Any American who stayed at hostels in Europe during the George W. Bush years knows what I'm talking about. Try talking with taxi drivers about China's problems. They love discussing politics. Foreigners bitch about how "oh the taxi drivers are so annoying! they always ask me the same questions!", well this is a perfect time to practice your Chinese. If you don't want to be asked the same questions fucking talk to him about something else. Taxi drivers are some of the realest mofos you will meet.
>>
>>1917681
They're talking about the social credit system anon
Not the poopoo peepee kaka
>>
>>1909310
tantan still exists but its a fucking chore to talk to chinese girls
>>
>>1918692
Sure you can but do it the slow way. Don't start talking about Xinjiang camps on the first fucking date. That is what i mean, that is what those sperges do.
>>
>>1918710
>Americans and europeans are the worst with their holier than thou attitude.
We don't really realise it, but we have grown up with the propaganda that we are superior and everyone else is a third world shithole, maybe it was true 30 years ago but not now, but these cultural ideas linger long after things change.

Charity adverts don't help, they make you think the whole africa is mudhuts.

Serptentza and the other one are the worst and the main reason for those silly foreigners ranting on about the bad things about China, usually all exagerated bullshit.
>>
>>1918710
> well this is a perfect time to practice your Chinese
well that's the problem, a lot of these autists don't even bother learning chinese
>>
File: 21.gif (117 KB, 346x274)
117 KB
117 KB GIF
bump
>>
>>1911457
>>1911694
>>1911917
>>1913091
Here's to stopping this social credit meme from derailing more threads
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUAi1BtGhI8
>>
>>1918710
>Taxi drivers are some of the realest mofos you will meet.
yeah i definitely agree

zoomer here, can speak chinese too, chinese zoomers are kinda hit and miss, i've met alot of really cool ones, but alot are just kinda like... they only really care about hanging out with chinese and a little difficult to talk to

but chinese taxi/didi drivers are like the easiest people to talk to in the world if you can speak some chinese, they are really bro tier, and alot of them are actually pretty chill with politics stuff (unlike alot of chinese zoomers)
>>
>>1919681
summary please
>>
File: 5441.jpg (675 KB, 828x1080)
675 KB
675 KB JPG
>>
File: 39c.jpg (82 KB, 640x659)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>1919681
wait...so you are telling me all this social credit shit is actually a meme and I fell for US propaganda? fuck me.
>>
File: oop.gif (3.33 MB, 224x224)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB GIF
>>
>>1908925
Genuinely think China might stay closed to tourists for a long time. They have a big enough internal market and foreign tourists are a pain to manage anyway.
>>
File: grenade.png (201 KB, 421x519)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
>>
>>1920629
>Genuinely think China might stay closed to tourists for a long time.
Seems that way.

>They have a big enough internal market and foreign tourists are a pain to manage anyway.
They do still want the foreign income, the FOREX of course and they can manage foreign tourists easier than their own people. Tourists aren't the foreigners they're worried about, spies come in on business and work visas and do their thing under the guise of networking and supply negotiations, to the extent that there are actually foreign spies anyway.

The issue is just Covid19, tourism doesn't really work when you have a two week quarantine either side of it so not many people will choose it and who cares about running a whole system for the handful that will?
There's enough foreigners in quarantine just letting the workers back in to the country, they won't want to increase that.

Tourism will pick up again when vaccines are common, a vaccination certificate will be a mandatory requirement for a tourist visa, probably not just in China but nearly everywhere in the world.
Anywhere you can go without a vaccine will probably require you to pay-in-advance for your two week quarantine and a bunch of tests and agree to pay for your own hospitalisation and extended quarantine if you test positive and/or get sick or die from Covid19.

Some countries are rolling out vaccines basically now, the very first recipients would be good to travel in two months and maybe by then, governments will have updated their immigration procedures to handle vaccinated arrivals.
>>
>>1920381
>all this social credit shit is actually a meme and I fell for US propaganda?
It's not a meme, it's real and it is used to oppress people the party doesn't like.
That's only a very small number of people in China though, 99.99% of the population are just forced to not cause trouble on trains and pay their taxes on time and not leave speeding tickets unpaid.

For the 0.01% who are fucked over by it, it destroys their lives. They can't travel out of their city, own an apartment, rent an apartment, run a business...it's a thorough life-destroying system and you can be targeted by it just by pissing off a party official and you might never even know who.
>>
File: Spinda.gif (2.08 MB, 420x500)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB GIF
>>
>>1920624
perplexing post
>>
File: 5.jpg (139 KB, 720x720)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>
>>1919689
1) there's no universal citizen score and not intended as a sum total view of a person, rather multiple data points such as one's loan credit at a financial institution
2) most of it is about regulating corporate entities, to enforce business trust (which company is reliable and so on) and very little to do with natural persons
3) it's not tech-heavy/algo-driven nor is there an automated response to any action. The government uses it to make a standardized credit dataset, again mostly for use by industry
The morality component itself has no actionable repercussions (yet).
>>1920792
>For the 0.01% who are fucked over by it, it destroys their lives
The "social credit" system changes nothing. Most of the info is just existing data sets (e.g. criminal record). It doesn't change the calculus at all if, say, someone runs an illegal church or partakes in corporate malfeasance. Various government entities would have fucked them over any way, only with less transparency and uniformity. Again, the main drive behind the "credit system" is a more coherent business enforcement environment
>>
>>1919689
Ignore >>1921392
It's nearly all wrong.
They're talking about other things that don't fully exist yet and aren't the social credit system.

They're confusing a proposed system for businesses that is just beginning to be made with the social credit system which exists. The fucking people over is basically automated now, not necessarily penalising people, which is likely to be done manually but once you've been penalised with low social credit, shit gets done to you automatically, like being prevented from buying train or air tickets and government agencies not letting you sign or renew things. They just get a big red flag on your name and tell you to fuck off even though they don't know what you did or who doesn't like you.

Really just google the name "Xu Xiaodong" and you'll see a textbook case of someone who hasn't done anything wrong but was fucked over by the system.
>>
>>1921421
haha little dong
>>
>>1921421
Xu Xiaodong has nothing to do with any automated, generalized system to rank citizens.
He attracted attention online and was deemed by the government a shit-stirrer and canned, no different from any vocal liberal or anti-establishment dissident. Like I said, multiple levels of government already keep tab on the populace in multiple ways (if you assemble with the wrong people, if you protest, if you proselytize, if you run a racket, etc.), but a criminal record database doesn't make a social credit system. To characterize what is essentially the general function of Chinese bureaucracy as "social credit system" makes the term completely meaningless.
>>
File: duq.jpg (57 KB, 567x603)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>
Anyone having issues receiving the PU letter. My agency said, they are having trouble getting people approve. They already tried twice. Anyone else having issues.
>>
>>1923113
>My agency said, they are having trouble getting people approve
I'm not in that boat but one possible reason is that China has half dozen active outbreaks right now.
They're all small and get controlled quickly but it seems like every week has four people in one city and five asymptomatic cases found in another. There's been some quarantine breaches and shit going on.
And half the country will travel home for Spring Festival in a month.

They're probably trying to keep things from getting crazy right now by slowing foreigners coming in. I know a couple that have managed to fly in to China in the last week or two but others are having lots of trouble getting everything done.
>>
>>1911457
What are the best YouTube channels to learn more about life in China? Surely there has to be something better than the usual "CCP bad, give me money" channels?
>>
>>1923487
Austin in China
>>
File: 65.jpg (610 KB, 972x966)
610 KB
610 KB JPG
>>
>>1923487
https://www.youtube.com/user/PleinNet
French U2ber
>>
File: 45.png (138 KB, 1024x768)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>
>>1923507
Really digging his comfy chengdu vids.
>>
>spent three months in China
>met two friendly people
>huge crowds of domestic tourists screaming and trashing everything billed as an attraction
>even in low season
>four times more expensive than SEA, marginally cleaner
>nightlife totally shit
>weird interactions with Chinese police following me and shit
>lack of freedom somewhat frustrating
3/10 would not recommend
>>
>>1926053
YOU LIE. CHINA #1
>>
When did most of China go from being rural backwater tier to 'small city of 5 million' full of commieblocks level of development? 10-15 years ago or before/after that?
>>
>>1926187
Honestly I enjoyed it a great deal, there is a tremendous amount to see and learn in China; but the communist fear of foreigners still lingers.
Hotels and hostels still have posters of 'how to identify Muslim terrorists", hundreds of police camp on train stations and other places you will visit often- I was searched 4 times at one train station and then escorted to my train by an officer for fear I would miss it due to being searched so many times, I didn't even get a ticket.
On many occasions ordinary people would try to cheat me at supermarkets and ordinary stores.
When I pointed out the price on an item in Mandarin everyone just sneered at me.

I found it was a very hostile country, the only place people were nice was around Chengdu, Yunnan and the mountain regions.
After a month learning mandarin and planning the trip it was disheartening, and such an alien experience after traveling the rest of the world where people were so nice to me
>>
>>1926368
>I was searched 4 times at one train station and then escorted to my train by an officer for fear I would miss it
Heh, I've had similar experiences to that, heavy security but they also keep an eye on your departure time and make sure you don't miss it too. I've had them rush me off for trains and plains after being held up by them elsewhere. Sucks if you wanted to browse the shops in the lounge but at least you don't miss your connection. It's more considerate than TSA.
If you didn't get your ticket, they'd have assumed you were just picking one up and it was already booked, the conductor can check who's booked for a seat, even without a booking, you can buy one on board or even at the destination too though you can only actually get on the train if the staff decided to let you on without a ticket, like you were.

>On many occasions ordinary people would try to cheat me at supermarkets and ordinary stores.
>When I pointed out the price on an item in Mandarin everyone just sneered at me.
You probably misunderstood something, supermarkets don't cheat people and there's no haggling in day-to-day shops. There's a little haggling on big-ticket items like when you buy a car in the west but for fridges and stuff but otherwise it's only tourist sites that rip people off and usually just the t-shirt stalls and water sellers, not anything with price tags. Those price tags tend to be a bit of a rip-off and nobody usually pays the full price at tourist shops except foreign tourists and only the ones that don't know.
Nearly all weight prices in China are per jin (1/2kg) not kilogram. You might not have understood that discounts in supermarkets usually only apply to people with loyalty cards (or who apply for them which is usually just giving your phone number to the check-out chick).
Often the discount price is listed in big red letters and the regular price is much smaller, they'll charge the regular price if you don't give them a phone number though.
>>
>>1926429
>It's more considerate than TSA.
That's true for sure. The Chinese security services are always courteous to white people, they just have a billion locals to over-police.
Kind of like snakes they seem more afraid of doing something wrong themselves, but they are an anxious and ever-present force.
When you start noticing the plain clothed security services at attractions and such it's hard to be at ease anywhere- and in rural areas they will often just straight up tail you.
This was all a few years ago, but locals told me it's always been like that and it's just become more high tech.
Ultumately it's not a huge deal, as much as a general discomfort.
>You probably misunderstood something, supermarkets don't cheat people and there's no haggling in day-to-day shops.
Unfortunately not.
I am aware the difference between bartering, a "foreigner tax" and when someone is just trying to spite me.
Sure I probably misunderstood some discount system once or twice, that happens to people everywhere- but I'm talking about being short changed in shops, the receipt not matching in department stores, and being over-charged for fixed price goods.
It was clear at the time that some local people objected to this and on one occasion a teller was chastised by Chinese Karen.
Again this is more of a nuisance- but only adds to the general feeling of hostility in China.

I found it both enlightening and acutely isolating, a feeling which many Chinese nationals I spoke to share.
>>
>>1926368
>>1926053
I had the complete opposite experience of you. Nightlife is great and I have a huge list of great friends that I miss dearly. My first month I had the mentality that people would scam me because that is what people in my country do to dumb gringo tourists, after 5 years I can count the times I have been scammed on one hand. My guess is that your Chinese is absolute shit and your mentality is also total shit. I know laowais like you who do nothing but shit on locals and their society while staying inside all dying being a degenerate on weed and hookers while asking me to translate their wechat messages. Regardless, I am glad you are gone. Don't the the door hit your ass on the way out.
>When I pointed out the price on an item in Mandarin everyone just sneered at me.
did start Einstein clapping too?
>>
>>1926368
I've never had any experiences like this. What the hell. Everyone is very helpful and acomodating to me.
>>
>>1926612
>>1926603
I get this response a lot online, but never from anyone I've met on the road.
Perhaps the east coast is different, but having been to both HK and Beijing I would be surprised.
I know many people who work in China who all had very different experiences to by own and to each other.

Some were treated like a rockstar in a T1 city and became kind of the lowai castle for a year or two, some were treated like a dancing money in a T2 city and got put through the bizare Chinese employer mill- some actually work in China with the government, as diplomats or in multinationals.
I didn't have a terrible time by any means, but I stand by what I say

But sure, maybe I'm just not a good enough person and that' why I had a bad time.
Frankly of all the ESL communities China attracts the most arrogant white people and I don't mind saying it
>>
>>1926653
Beijing is full of pretentious tims who speak shit Chinese and know shit. I always overhear them talking about year one shit "wow you are telling me Chinese has tones?! no wai! ahaha! say mǎ again!". Thank god I live in T3 and don't have to deal with their bullshit everyday. Fuck every expat in Beijing and I hope every local continues fucking you over on my behalf.
>>
>>1926653
Meet me on the road and i will tell you the same thing. I've been to 25 cities in China, alone, as a white guy with conversational Chinese, about a year there.

Nice friendly people overall, helpful whenever i needed help, got invited into homes and had far too much food stuck in front of me by old grannies.

Beijing is the only place I felt like people were a bit annoyed at me but when they realised I wasn't a tourist they became more relaxed, I went into one restaurant and they shoved an English menu in front of me and pointed at some instructions and I just said i can read the chinese and they laughed and it was all good.

I generally feel like people are too sensitive, Chinese arent nasty but they dont have all the western polite sensibilities, i think some westerners cant handle this and assume theyre all rude assholes. You have to actually talk to people, not just be put off because they dont say Hello How do you do on this fine day good sir.
>>
>>1926603
>I know laowais like you who do nothing but shit on locals and their society while staying inside all dying being a degenerate on weed and hookers while asking me to translate their wechat messages.
these people unironically should be sent to concentration camps
>>
>>1926697
>"wow you are telling me Chinese has tones?! no wai! ahaha! say mǎ again!"
kek, that's the issue with China on /trv/- the country recieves many shitty expats but relatively few western tourists.
>>1926715
>conversational Chinese
That may be a key factor here.
As a tourist you may not be welcome unless you speak Chinese.
We see this dynamic in many countries, and after two months learning Mandarin with little success it's likely that this simply wasn't good enough for the average Chinese national.
>>
>>1926829
>As a tourist you may not be welcome unless you speak Chinese.
It's not that you're not welcome, it's that welcoming you is a hassle that you're not worth.
If you're in tier 3 or you're talking to someone that doesn't see foreigners every week then it's worth struggling with the language barrier and translating on phones and stuff but otherwise, why bother?
If you can speak Chinese, it's easy to talk to you, people can take a minute to do so.
If they can speak English well enough to talk to you easily, they probably talk to foreigners enough to not have anything to be curious about anyway.

>>1926829
>after two months learning Mandarin with little success
It's a hard language.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeF41_coSX8
>>
>>1926603
>defending doodoo china
>’did start einstein clapping too’
Is your brain fried from all the gutter oil?
>blabla wechat translator
This cuck right here
>>
>>1926697
Living in some bumfuck overgrown town in china sure sounds dope
Imagine trying to brag about this shit kek
So which shithole are you actually living in poorfag
>>
>>1926829
theyre still nice enough even before i speak chinese

You guys are just autistic assholes who probably have a bad attitude and scare people
>>
>>1926844
Mandarin is easy as fuck and i will fight anyone who says it is hard
>>
>>1909207
lmao ok Jaykwon
>>
>>1926852
Come on then bitchboy
>>
>>1926971
LETS FUCKING GO
>>
File: bt.jpg (18 KB, 340x313)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>
>>1910053
>lets them label their repression counter-terrorism
jesus you're retarded, the terrorism came before the re-education facilities. this is easily google-able information
>>
>>1929002
>re-education facilities
Who's talking about the brain-washing concentration camps? I wasn't.
The repression goes back decades anon.
>>
File: 335222.jpg (48 KB, 690x1220)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>
>>1909306
Fuck nigga I wanna go to China now.
>>
>>1926603
What should I learn? Cantonese or Mandarin? I want to know the most useful language.
>>
>>1909310
i use it everyday to chat to chinese & other asian girls to shill them my products.
>>
>>1931737
mandarin, obviously. Cantonese is pointless
>>
>>1931993
I was about to say this.
>>
>>1932071
>>1931993
Thanks guys. Trying to understand pinyin right now.
>>
>>1932345
download hellochinese app, it's good for teaching mandarin to absolute beginners
>>
Anyone have any experience dating 30+ year old "leftover women"? As a mid 20s /fit/ westerner what're my chances of finding a Chinese milf sugar momma?
>>
>>1932461
fellow fitizen here. If you speak Chinese your chances are way higher. Also depends on how fit you are. If you took the path of rippetoe Chinese girls will think you are fat and you pretty much have no chances. If you took the bath of zyzz, scoob or seid girls will obviously love you. The best piece of advice I can give, if you are getting pussy back home, you will get pussy in China.
>>
>>1932348
Thank you :3
>>
>>1932461
You will literally be swimming in them, but believe me there is a reason theyre single in their 30s and its not just because chinese men are shit.
>>
>>1932348
>>1932630
“Chinese Skill” seems to be a little better. It’s more structural.
>>
So I'm looking for a vacation in China specifically for sex. I'm rather wealthy but would prefer to pick up cheaper street meat - the ones who need to do it to survive, not to live a comfortable live. Which cities should I especially travel to? Would Hong Kong, Shanghai, Chongqing or Beijing suffice or do you know of any better "special" places with great red light districts/street workers? thanks anons
>>
>>1932679
you can do both
>>
>>1932737
>So I'm looking for a vacation in China specifically for sex
bad move, go to SEA instead
>>
>>1932654
What specifically are these reasons? Also are they often looking to get pregnant? I'd prefer not to have a bunch of bastard children
>>
>>1932737
Hong Kong, Fuji building. Google it, it's infamous for what you're talking about. You're probably one-handed larping but whatever.

>>1932926
>Also are they often looking to get pregnant?
Chinese women really, really don't want to get pregnant outside marriage, sex education is poor so it happens sometimes though IUDs are pretty common and abortion is easily accessible and has no particular stigma beyond pre-marital sex.
>>
>>1932926
>What specifically are these reasons?
I can't speak to that anon's ideas but I dated one or two and can tell you about them.

China has pretty high social repression of sexuality, decadence, sluts etc. There's young girls who go out and drink and pick up guys and fuck but they're a minority, most wouldn't be seen dead in a nightclub and embarrassed to use a dating app. They probably end up dating/marrying a housemate, a distant cousin (like a cousin's cousin) or their parents find a single son among their friends' children.
There are also marriage markets in parks sometimes, that's done either by parents or by professional match-makers.

All this is necessary because the idea of dating people is looked down on by a lot of people.

The single women I dated who were in their 30s condemned the idea of dating and sleeping with guys, even when they were dating and sleeping with me. I picked them up basically by being oblivious to their issues and just asking them out and maybe chasing them a bit. Even then they were pretty shy about it but I'm used to dating shy nerdy girls in the west so I sort of knew how to tell the difference between what they wanted and what they were doing by reflex and I didn't much listen to the "I'm a good girl" stuff.
They really didn't know how to just ask a guy out and they stand around waiting to be asked out and then act outraged when they are. Given that, any surprise they aren't married by 24?
One of them was shocked and appalled that I kissed her on a first date. She acted like it was a moral outrage. The second date I was fingering her in a park and she clearly enjoyed it but still needed to be seduced into allowing it. They just don't have the experience to know how to do these things without fighting against it all.

I tended to go for professionals and some of those moved all over China for their career and generally put their career first so that also made it hard for them to meet decent guys.
>>
File: 335221.jpg (52 KB, 690x698)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>1930248
>>
>>1932737
China isn't the philippines...
>>1926846
I only visit this website when I am working. So I spend half my concentration responding to your shit and the other half listening to dumb work shit. mistakes will be made.
>>1926848
If you consider Xiamen a bumfuck overgrown town then sure lol.
>>
>>1932926
They arent wanted by chinese men for being too old or whatever, so they think they will try their chances with foreigners, most of them are vaguely aware that foreign guys like asian women.
>>
>>1933050
>China has pretty high social repression of sexuality, decadence, sluts etc. There's young girls who go out and drink and pick up guys and fuck but they're a minority, most wouldn't be seen dead in a nightclub and embarrassed to use a dating app.
Thats hella exagerated, its pretty normal and not shamed at all unless youre in some backwater city.

Though the 30s women still have the mindset more like you said that is true, but under 25, no way. Yes they do stand around and wait to be asked out, they dont chase men, except in their 30s when theyre getting desperate.
>>
>>1933715
>Thats hella exagerated, its pretty normal and not shamed at all unless youre in some backwater city.
I'm in a small tier 2 and most girls here would never go to a nightclub.
Sure, the nightclubs are full of girls but that's because there's still a lot of girls who will but it's not really a mainstream thing, it's for the westernised "modern" girls, though that's a growing number.

There's definitely more dating going on in highschool these days, that wasn't even allowed a generation ago, the parents of those children were disciplined when they were caught going on a date and teachers conspired with parents to separate or sabotage relationships. That's certainly all changed.
There's still a lot of Chinese who follow that mindset though, I'm not really sure what the social reasons are, maybe the uber-patriotic types long for "Traditional Chinese Values" or something. Definitely not all though, the ones I dated were split between being "modern but shy" and "practically wumao".
The one I was in the longest relationship with was both really, she was an ambitious corporate careerist who was into modern and western values, liked drugs (when overseas), watched porn and wanted to be kinky as hell (wanted a threesome to be DPed and stuff) but if you got her on the topic of politics, she'd become a whole other person and suddenly condemn everything international, praise the party, sing red songs and reject western decadence. It was schizophrenic.
>>
File: 1557176400510.png (1.21 MB, 1174x881)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>
>>1933050
More stories? These are great.
>>
>>1933854
>teachers conspired with parents to separate or sabotage relationships.
I’d love to watch a reality tv show like this.
>>
File: image0.gif (476 KB, 500x336)
476 KB
476 KB GIF
>>
File: cctvb.jpg (113 KB, 456x644)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
To give an idea of the current regime's attitude on sexuality, this is the different kinds of censorship that were forced on a super popular show in China. Bigger than GoT was at its height.
The cleavage was considered immoral and too sexualised for television.
Movies aren't censored as badly but they get censored too because there are no age categories for movies and tv in China (games either but they're not policed as much, except for phone games sometimes).

Now consider someone that supports the government 100% and think about how they'd feel about going to a nightclub that has shows with girls stripping down to bikini bottoms and some tape over their nipples while slowly pouring cream over their body and writhing on a stage. Not all but a tonne of "mainstream" nightclubs in China have gogo dancers and burlesque shows that basically count as strip shows in China. It's not for everyone here.
>>
>>1933854
>it's not really a mainstream thing, it's for the westernised "modern" girls, though that's a growing number.
Wtf are you talking about? There are definitely some women who dont go (just like in the west) but it is mainstream unless (as the other guy said) you live in a backwater town. 95% of any moderately attractive Chinese girl has been to a club. I would say clubbing is even more popular than back home.
>>
>>1932461
why would you date some boomer in your early 20's?

Plenty of uni students your age with money in the family that would fall for a /fit/ foreigner. The kind of girls that flood highstreets in NY/London and drop 10k USD on handbags.

It's easier to date this girls in the west tho, if you're fit and speak at least ok mandarin you will stand out.
>>
>>1935166
Reminder that USA nuked the wrong country.
>>
>>1935166
Chinese Govt confuses me. Chinese people dont give a shit about cleavage, and the govt isnt christian or religious, so why do they act like this?
>>
>>1935201
>Plenty of uni students your age with money in the family that would fall for a /fit/ foreigner. The kind of girls that flood highstreets in NY/London and drop 10k USD on handbags.
Foreigners cant get those types. Those types dont give a shit about white guys, or chinese guys, they literally only care about a guy being rich. They also have 0 personality or even independent thoughts, they're barely human.
>>
>>1933854
>I'm in a small tier 2 and most girls here would never go to a nightclub.
Most of the girls you mix with. Try going to the nightclub in your city, and yes there will be one, it will be full of girls.

I'm sick of people living in their own little bubble and thinking it is the whole world. China is very socially diverse.
>>
>>1935348
I've seen a few with black guys when i was there
>>
>>1935351
Yeah, they don't care, just as long as you're rich. It's common to see them with short fat ugly chinese dudes.
>>
>>1935354
these black guys werent even rich and they were with these rich looking chinese girls
>>
>>1935358
Oh you're that weird troll
>>
>>1935362
what? what troll?
>>
>>1935323
youre right. should have nuked israel
>>1935348
most high class women of any country are like this anon
>>
>>1935346
>Chinese people dont give a shit about cleavage, and the govt isnt christian or religious, so why do they act like this?
Chinese morality has gone back and forth over the centuries, there are deeply repressive, moralistic streaks in it, especially in Chinese communism/maoism which made banning all sex work one of its first big changes. The economic aspects of communism have been tossed out but not the moralistic ones. They were dumped for a while, say 80s-00s but now they're back with a vengeance. For a while, senior party officials openly talked about legalising porn but then Xi took over and everything went back to the 1970s but with capitalism and billionaires. Now they're regulating capitalism and slapping down some of the billionaires too so we'll see how it turns out.

Also, many older and middle-aged Chinese *are* embarrassed/ashamed by cleavage. Some young chinese too, a minority certainly but communism doesn't care about whether they're the majority opinion, they don't attempt to represent the people, they lead/control/program/manipulate the people. The basis of communism is that the party's way is superior and they need to make society follow and obey them.
The essence of totalitarianism is that the party takes total control over society, right down to the family and individual choices about clothes, sexuality, pregnancy...total control.

Xi is 67 and his personal views are shaping current Chinese policy. For all we know, he or his wife called up the head of Chinese television and told them to censor the cleavage. Or he made some off-hand comment in a meeting about how the actresses on his wife's favorite looked slutty and people promised to fix it.

>>1935362
>you're that weird troll
I don't think he is, aside from being more coherent, he said "a few with black guys" not "they all love black guys". And it's true, a few are with black guys for lots of different reasons. Maybe they just got to know them in their esl jobs or classes.
>>
FYI: There's major outbreaks in Shenyang and Shijiazhuang now, medical teams are being mobilised from across the country to Hebei province.
There's lots of little outbreaks across the country now but they're just a handful of cases here and there.

We're in for another rough Spring Festival so stock up on booze and canned food because many of us'll probably end up staying home for while at some point.
>>
>>1935618
It's just a phase, it won't last, Chinese youth are becoming more free and western, even if there is a backlash against it, the only way they can stop it is if they isolate the entire country and block all foreign media and foreign contact and that can't realistically happen.

Like in the west, once all the old fuckers in government die and take their dated bullshit with them, humanity will have a new freer future.
>>
>>1933854
>The one I was in the longest relationship with >was both really, she was an ambitious >corporate careerist who was into modern and >western values, liked drugs (when overseas), >watched porn and wanted to be kinky as hell >(wanted a threesome to be DPed and stuff) >but if you got her on the topic of politics, she'd >become a whole other person and suddenly >condemn everything international, praise the >party, sing red songs and reject western >decadence. It was schizophrenic.
this is the literal perfect wife
>>
>>1935173
>95% of any moderately attractive Chinese girl has been to a club.
lmao no, this is completely false, try talking to some women outside of the club
>>
>>1936039
>perfect wife
>wanted to be spitroasted

kys cuck
>>
>>1936065
okay tranny
>>
>>1936041
You must live in village or be retarded. I take almost every girl I meet on a date to the bar
>>
>>1936039
>this is the literal perfect wife
Eh, she was pretty bad when she got political. She'd literally defend the nine dash line as China's right to take what it wanted.
She'd defend even the worst corruption as being a fair reward for being a party official, unless the official had been arrested by Xi's anti-corruption police, then it was disloyalty to the people but also to Xi and that needed punishing.
She was utterly hypocritical about the things she'd condemn in other countries but approve of in China. It was basically just "My country right or wrong" but really turned up to 11.

Because she was so sexually/romantically repressed, she also was very insecure and needy. She'd throw tantrums if I didn't pay all the bills, carry all her stuff, all that stuff. It didn't matter if I did some time, if I "forgot" even once then it was a big deal. Not so much if I immediately apologised but if I thought that she could carry her own shopping then she'd throw a tantrum over it.

A good-looking, kinky, high-class, well-educated, cultured and sophisticated woman with her own career is quite a catch, don't get me wrong, her drama was making me old before my time though and I couldn't deal with it any more.

>>1936065
>>perfect wife
>>wanted to be spitroasted
Eh, I wouldn't mind fucking her ass in a DP, always wanted to try it. Also, you want an FFM from a decent girl, you're going to have to accept an MMF as well. If you won't, then the only women you're going to get are doormats and that's not perfect wife material IMO.
I guess I'm just a swinger at heart but bringing in a stranger for sex doesn't bother me, it's only if they didn't stay a stranger that I'd have a problem. Love could provoke jealously in me but not sex.
>>
>>1935806
>the only way they can stop it is if they isolate the entire country and block all foreign media and foreign contact
I think they agree with you and are working on it.

>and that can't realistically happen
They're trying. They're happy not to succeed 100% because they still want their brightest students studying in the west, learning western science and technology and then bringing that knowledge home. The reverse doesn't happen very much so it means that Chinese advances stay Chinese but every other advance on the planet gets shared with China.
With most of these large scale systems of control, the party is more worried about the average than outliers, they can silence an activist, jail a dissident, it's the mass of people they worry about and so long as they take the safe and easy path of following the party's leadership and not going out of bounds, the party remains secure and in control.

>Like in the west, once all the old fuckers in government die and take their dated bullshit with them, humanity will have a new freer future.
This is basically always true but Xi is 67 and inconveniently healthy, he's got 20 years of rule left in him and he'll give up power only when he's physically incapable of wielding it like Putin had to.
>>
>>1911453
Typical chinese behavior
>>
>>1911476
Get ready to be arrested at any time in HK

The "National Security Law" Article 38 Section 8 states any non-chinese national can be arrested without probable cause

I went in 2015 with my fwb and it was pretty cool
>>
>>1908925
>Have you been to China?

Yes

>Pros/Cons of china

-Pros: cheap food, cheap internet cafe, lot of hotels

-Cons: mass surveillance

>Interesting experiences

I was at Shanghai Hongqiao station few years back and this chinese guy sitting across from me asked to borrow my phone. Now, in western countries.. it's normal but in china, people will suspect you of theft. I agreed and asked for the number he wanted; I dialed it and said "you have an incoming from and there is this man who wants to talk to you. Do you know him?" The person on the other line said yes so I had him sit next to me so I can watch. About 10 minutes pass by, he is done and returned my phone; before we departed, he asked to add me on Wechat and I agreed.

Fast forward now. The guy is married and apparently, the phone call he made was with his now-wife and they were doing some sort of business deal with another company. Other than that, he'll ask me to visit him & his family in Shenzhen.

>General questions

none

>Anything else you want to share

Getting chinese girls is bit simple but depends mainly on BANK ACCOUNT FUNDS. Girls will always be friendly to you but, it's all about red hairless Maos or driving in a nice car.

One of my female friends, who is also a friend of my good friends, married an American white guy and now resides in Houston, TX. Before they got married, she fucked around and hooked up with my friends' friend. I'm talking 20 to 30 people in a month or two.

Back to getting laid, its about money. You can be the most charming white motherfucker with great chinese, like Dashan, and still not get laid; on the other hand, you can be an ugly mothefucker with money and get laid.

Personally, I used to drive Porsche Cayman & Mercedes CLS though my sister is looking after as I'm in Straya for medical residency. The Cayman has gotten me laid in a year than my first 5 years in china combined.
>>
>>1936167
> She'd throw tantrums if I didn't pay all the bills, carry all her stuff, all that stuff

Typical chinese female behavior
>>
>>1936167
>Eh, she was pretty bad when she got political. She'd literally defend the nine dash line as China's right to take what it wanted.
Doesn't sound any different to your standard American. They view them the same way
>>
>>1936224
>You can be the most charming white motherfucker with great chinese, like Dashan, and still not get laid
I disagree. Tinder is your best chance, it has the chinese girls who speak english and studied abroad.

Also on tantan with chinese skills you can pick up immigrant small town and village girls pretty easily.

I managed to get one of those hot women in uniform subway security girls. She'd let me grope her while going through security.
>>
>>1936240
Though yeah you're still generally right about money being the best way, especially if you want those glamourous model type girls, they won't touch anyone who isn't rich, but they are soulless anyway.
>>
>>
>>1936224
>Before they got married, she fucked around and hooked up with my friends' friend. I'm talking 20 to 30 people in a month or two.
Ive heard stories like this about chinese women marrying westerners
>>
>>1936092
extremely obvious larp, try harder
>>
>>1936167
> She'd literally defend the nine dash line as China's right to take what it wanted.
based
>>
>>1936167
Why can't I find people like this? I just want a Chinese nationalist gf to complement my EU nationalism self.
>>
>>1936678
Not really, assuming by meet he means intentionally met on some app, not every girl he literally meets

>>1936699
Go on Hellotalk and talk shit about china and watch your inbox fillup with them
>>
>>1911457
Fuck, the west is turning into Ch*na.
>>
>>1916157
>this
China needs the social credit system.
Other places just use fines to curb bad social manners but Chinese society is so bad, especially the older lost generation.

China just wants to develop as much as possible before their population period catches up with them.
>>
>>1937349
*population pyramid
>>
File: cokey.jpg (126 KB, 1200x1141)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>
>>1936357
definitely would
>>
File: poli.jpg (123 KB, 1009x1158)
123 KB
123 KB JPG

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.