[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 27 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 45477474.jpg (133 KB, 1200x900)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
I have choice between living between the 3

Orlando

Philadelphia

Phoenix

Someone give me pros and cons and which you would pick?
>>
>>1908440
>Phoenix
no pros, would rather kill myself
>Philadelphia
east coast urban lifestyle if you like that. Has actual culture, and can live there without a car. Decent rent prices. Cool architecture. Close to other big cities. nice nightlife. Shit weather. Filthy. Dangerous. no go zone ghettos. Assholes
>Orlando
cool weather if you like that humid shit. Good rent prices. Themeparks if you're into it. Suburb living(pro or con idk depends on you). No culture. Mediocre nightlife. Old people. Boring
>>
>>1908445
What is wrong with Phoenix in your opinion to why you would not even consider it?
>>
File: 26zwgg20k5x41.jpg (266 KB, 1024x1024)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>1908446
>>
>>1908440
Flagstaff
>>
>>1908440
Don’t do Orlando. Anywhere else in Florida, except Miami, is shit.
>>
File: 1590521082966.jpg (32 KB, 366x512)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>1908440
>Philadelphia
Niggerdelphia hope you like sky high murder rates and "da policie r racist" riots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e0VCkMKDak

Seriously as someone nearby don't come here, look elsewhere
>>
>>1908440
Which fucking retard makes all these trash threads? Kill yourself.
>>
>>1908440
Phoenix.
>>
>>1908440
>Philadelphia
Brooklyn for ugly people, you'll fit right in
>>
>>1908449
How does this picture have any affect on what it's actually like to live there? Unless OP plans on living in a helicopter or something?
>>
>>1908555
are you serious?
>>
>>1908440
I'd pick Phoenix as it's not very far from Tijuana, so you can legally bang hookers often.
>>
>>1908440

Orlando isn't horrible if you don't mind it being flat and only having Disney World/Universal for fun summer activities. The beach isn't close so that sukcs. Additionally, Orlando is a city of strip malls and quickly-built condos... plus a surplus of 'groids to avoid.

Philly is just gross all around if you're not in the more federal areas.

Phoenix is about as appealing as wet toilet paper
>>
>>1908440
Built for big black traveler
>>
>>1908440
Neither. I'd move to the EU.
>>
File: philly.png (511 KB, 1024x768)
511 KB
511 KB PNG
>>1908440
>Orlando
>Philadelphia
I have lived in these two cities and I can tell you that Orlando is much better. Let me break it down, epic style
>Filthadelphia
The worst place I have ever lived. I went to Upenn and stayed here for a year. Even in the "nice" part of the city, crime was rampant. My bike's tires and seat (but not the frame) were fucking stolen. The homeless will harass you day and night. It is a clusterfuck of a city with no law and order, the prosecutor's office is retarded and hires cheap, college kid labor to do complex coding tasks. The city is beyond broke and is looking for any reason to fine people, except for SEPTA tickets, those are optional, or at least people act like they are.
>Orlando
Not the best place I ever lived, but damn nice compared to Philly. There is a lot of graffiti outside of the tourist areas and you can tell that they spend a lot more money in the touristy areas than the university areas or downtown. Not that many homeless people, but it is still a problem, our sheriff is a retard though who won't prosecute certain crimes. The city isn't broke, but it isn't rich either, the high rates of tourism help keep the public services nice. My two biggest complaints are the excess of toll roads (which can't always be avoided) and the lack of true public transit. It takes 2 hours to get from UCF-Disneyworld via public transit. That is unacceptably bad.
Just know that if you are going to rent in Florida ALWAYS choose the buyout option to break your lease and not the "no buyout, but find someone to replace me" clause. I have had to break my lease here because the landlord was fucking crazy and I am so glad I could just pay out instead of paying out and having to find a replacement.
>>
>>1908632
>Orlando isn't horrible if you don't mind it being flat and only having Disney World/Universal for fun summer activities. The beach isn't close so that sukcs. Additionally, Orlando is a city of strip malls and quickly-built condos... plus a surplus of 'groids to avoid.
This is accurate. Trips to the beach are an all day affair because it is almost an hour to the closest beach
>>
>>1908440
Phoenix Arizona is one of the best places in the USA. The scenery and landscape is beautiful and incomparable to the other choices. There is so much to do in Phoenix that it’s insane. Not to mention how close Phoenix is to Scottsdale, Chandler, Tempe and Mesa where it’s just more beauty and things to do. The job market is excellent, the cost of living is cheap, the women are gorgeous. There is no choice. Phoenix Arizona all day long.
>>
>>1908572
Looks great to me.
>>
>>1908700
>have to drive 5-6 hours to get to the ocean/beaches

Though I guess the ASU sluts make up for it.
>>
>>1908572
Yep, very serious. What kind of actual issues can a picture from a few thousand feet up expose?
>>
>>1908469
Based Arizona anon, I see you.
>t. grew up in Cottonwood and the Verde Valley
>>
>>1908700
Based and checked. Also chandler and Gilbert are some of the best cities in the nation to raise a family
>>
>>1908695

I just wish that Orlando had more amenities than the theme parks. At least one can practice their Spanish/Portuguese with relative ease in the right parts
>>
>>1908440
https://youtu.be/u5xM2t7YTSc
Orlando, always summer weather. Seek help btw.
>>
>>1908440
Philly 100% Cheap, fun, sluts
>>
>>1908555
Phoenixfag here, Phoenix is great but the massive influx of people moving in have fucked the housing markets so it's a meme to say "phoenix sucks stay out".

When I moved here I could get a 2-3br/1.5 bath in glendale for ~150k, now that same house is nearing 275k-300 and this was only about 6 years ago.

If you don't own a car phoenix can kinda suck but overall it's fine, fatties will have an issue with the 2-3 months of heat, which aside from 2-3 weeks is humidity free.

>>1908713
Would rather just take a cheap AA flight to LA/SD for 75 bucks and be there in an hour. Besides the rivers in north AZ are better than a beach imo.
>>
>>1908440
Orlando will be underwater sooner or later but COLA is the lowest. I'd go with Orlando. Air quality in Phoenix is terrible. Plus Florida is based while PA and AZ are fucked up
>>
>>1908440
I live in Orlando, so I'm biased.
Rent's cheap, weather's good all year round, you can get cheap tix to Disney (which is great if you have out of state friends).
I'm from Texas, worked in El Paso for 6 months... haven't been to Phoenix, but living in the desert sucks.
Philly is niggerland, USA, hard pass,
>>
>>1908698
>almost an hour to the closest beach
Cocoa Beach isn't that far away
>>
>>1908440
Orlando, hot humid flat swampland hell
Philadelphia dindu hell
Phenix desert hell

Rethink this
>>
>>1908440
Only lived in Philly out of the 3. As others have said it's absolute niggerland. Had a friend get murdered by a stranger. Not even a mugging, just completely random. I don't know a single person who hasn't been mugged. You can expect to be harassed by homeless or darkness pretty often. There's a few pockets of nice areas, but the ghettos are so prevalent that you're never going to be far from the NAPAs and everything that implies.
>>
>>1908440
Grew up in Philly suburb, now live in Miami. Can't speak on Phoenix.

If you have and/or are going to be making good money, I would take Philadelphia. Otherwise, Orlando will be fine although I'd recommend a car from what I've heard.
>>
>>1908440
No comment on the other two as I haven't been there, but dated a girl in Phoenix and spent a lot of time in the city last year. All the locals hate their own city. They universally say the only people who move to Phoenix are not from Arizona.

Flagstaff and Sedona are awesome, highly recommended. Avoid Phoenix/Tempe/Scottsdale like the plague
>>
>>1908440
Pre-Covid.
Orlando / Winter Park is swamped with nerds. Plenty of Game bars, conventions, and nerd based meet ups. Rent is fairly cheap. Public transport is shit so you need a car. Traffic is not much of an issue though. Theme parks are near by for when people want to visit. 2 beaches within a 1 hour drive.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.