[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 113 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

New board: /vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

File: images.jpg (11 KB, 251x201)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Hi there, /trv/lers, receptianon here.

It's been a long time, these quarantine has been rough, but we have stabilized good enough for hotel services to operate again.

And with that, I'm here for answering your doubts about staying the night at hotels, and also to share work experiences and secrets of this field of work.

Don't be afraid to ask, I'm here for you all.
>>
Have you ever had guests with absolutely unreasonable demands who still managed to get their way?
>>
>>1824503

Yes, some do and some not.

There as a time when some people came and stayed with us. They were always in pairs, the room price for 2 people per night was 43$.
But they always complained about something in the room, so the manager made them discounts to 22$ per room instead of 43, wich was one of the stuff I was used to deal with.
>>
>>1824505

How often do you throw something extra towards clients you like (e.g. free breakfast)?
>>
>>1824506

Free breakfast is always included, but when some guest are of my like, I usually let them use my eployee discount for every other meals, or I le them stay a little bit later of the time they have to leave the room free.

I always have to pay myself, but I feel nice whatever.
>>
>>1824501
I'm a hotel worker too. Worked in a few properties in NYC over two years. Wbu?
>>
>>1824542

Sorry for replying this late.

I have worked internationally, in countries like Japan, Mexico, USA and Europe, I have been working for 2 years too, I have found myself a bit lucky
>>
>>1824501
Rank the following hotel guests from best to worst: American, British, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, Chinese, Israeli, Arab (from Middle East), Indian, Russian, Pakistani. Drop any you don’t feel experienced enough to rank
>>
>>1824563

Ok, this is my rank and the reasons why they are placed like that:

-Chinese (They are pretty chill, they even like to talk about their culture, one gave me some dumplings once)
-British/Canadian (Its a tie, both have manners and also like to joke, but british are often cocky)
-Italians (Not in the list, but they have some of the worst topics in talk, I didn't learn italian for this)
-Americans (I'm sorry, but they treat service people like shit)
-Arab (They don't talk to you in any sense, and look at you like people but like sinners, religionis a dangerous rule)
>>
>>1824501
Hola anon, com es veu sa cosa per Barcelona? A quin nivell d'ocupació esteu? Naltros a Eivissa estem ben fotuts, veig poca possibilitat de feina aquesta temporada.
>>
-Does anyone give a shit if I steal the mini soap bars and shampoo/conditioner bottles? What about towels?
-How do you keep track of the hotel's visitors?
-Ever had anyone off themselves in your hotel?
>>
>>1824501
Does the $20 trick work outside of Vegas?
What was the hiring process like?
Does the cleanup crew regularly steal from rooms?
Are you part of a chain or an individually owned hotel?
How easy would it be to add extra reward points or something along those lines to a guests account?
>>
>>1824501
Whats the worst thing your staff found in a room? How easy is it to just walk in during breakfast off the street and get a full-meal?
Do you recognize certain clients? Do consultants generally just crash when they get there or do the business type bring back girls with them?
>>
>>1824580

Eu não sou de Barcelona, mas ouvi dizer que eles estão trabalhando normalmente
>>
>>1824582

-Soaps and Shampoo are not, but towels are a daily check
-We have the security cams and the registration system
-Sometimes, since we have a free night at years
>>
>>1824586

-I don't know that 20$ trick, care to elaborate?

-It's your usual hiring process, with the exception that you actually need to demostrate yur capabilities in the run

-Yes and no, they usually keep the forgotten items after a month

-Individual hotel, it was a chain, but had to close the other ones since they had no income (sad)

-It depends, first we need to have the point system
>>
>>1824588

- A roof that had shit in the ceiling, lot's of used condoms and beer cans all there

-You can't, you have to give a card that you buy with us to eat

-Yes, regulars become familiar faces

-Yes, they do a lot, and the business man like to cheat, a lot
>>
>>1824617
man how does shit even get on the ceiling lmao. How much do hotels managers get paid? I know here in the U.S. they get a pretty decent salary and most don't have a college education. Any tips or tricks for getting into hospitality as a legit career?
>>
>>1824569
What makes British cocky lol
>>
>>1824606
Sorry, fellow reception worker here. I must have mixed you up with another reception anon doing an AMA a good while ago. Could have sworn it was the same pic tho.

Where are you located and what's your hotel's occupation rate? How much a drop is it from a normal summer season?

Also how many stars does your current hotel have and what languages do you speak?
>>
>>1824615
I think the "20$ trick" refers to tipping the receptionist upon check-in and asking him for a better room. Basically hoping that you get an upgrade for just 20 bucks.

In my case, that shit wouldn't work because management was pretty strict on upgrading without a reason and the hotel was always well above 90% occupation during tourist season so fucking with room reservations on the fly was not so easy. If the hotel is half empty and you seem nice then I would probably give you a room with a nicer view, but wouldn't upgrade you to a suite or whatever you are hoping because then I'd have to deal with my boss. I think that this "trick" depends on the hotel more than anything.
>>
>>1824501
If I ask you where to get coke or call girls are you gonna call the cops on me?
>>
>>1824615
>-I don't know that 20$ trick, care to elaborate?
The $20 dollar trick is you book the cheapest room available, go to check in, hand the clerk a $20 quietly along with your credit card and they upgrade you to a luxury suite or some other upgrade based on availability.

It does work in some places.
>>
>>1824580
Scatalan is always so ugly to look at. And yeah it’s totally the same pic.
>>
I noticed you said security cams. Like if one guy paid for a room, but he brought a call girl in. Would that be scrutinized? Would you scrutinize a guest who does that. I always try to act casual like she was with me legitimately. I mean I always tip well to the maids. Like I want to so that in Amsterdam, but there's ALWAYS someone on the front desk eyeing you if you come in late at night. Should I just say two guests when booking(I book directly)? Are there receptionist like in the movies where you hint that you would a like a "visit" and they arrange it?
>>
>>1824501
Besides being polite, having status and booking directly etc., what can I do to make you give me a room upgrade?
>>
>>1824903
>>1824903
Jesus, the level of autism and idiocy on this board is astounding. I don't know how you people survive day to day life.
>>
It's weird, I just I tip everyone but the receptionist. Does tipping the maid well give me any benefits.

Honestly what are the do's and don't of mid range hotels and high end so I get on the good side of workers inside.
>>
>>1824501
What the hotel did with you during no service days due to covid?
>>
>>1824511
Wow
You are a nice guy

Will you do a Twitter anon for us?
>>
>>1824549
Did you work in Cancun?

¿Puedes hablar español? ¿Te gustaron los verdaderos tacos de carne asada y al pastor?
>>
>>1824903
Just say 2 guests, retard
>>
>>1824634

-Hi there. It would may be me, I always do this section with this same picture, put maybe I forgot that time, and the thread was pruned already.

-Currently I'm placed in a Mexican hotel, it's nice, for now we have 15.19% of our rooms occupated.

-This summer we had the price around $4000 MXN (174$), but since corona striked right when summer started,we had to close and lost the season

-4 star rank and I can speak 5 languages, but I only have full capability of 2
>>
>>1824640

Oh I get it.

Yeah, you can't do that in the country I'm currientkly working. Price between two times of rooms are pretty evident. And when I was working on USA no one tried to do the 20$ trick on me
>>
>>1824993
So, you have a working mexican visa?
>>
>>1824680

I can give you info about girls no problem, but cocaine is something I don't deal with
>>
>>1824993
4000 is for a resort or high end hotel. Have you worked for Hampton?
>>
>>1824903

Nah man, I don't do that, mainly because I have no access to the cam system.

About the "visit", we usually have no problem with that but disretion is advised
>>
>>1824910

Status is not required (in my case) you can get an upgrade in you have enough to pay (also if the occupation rate is either high or low, you can get an upgrade for convincing you to stay or to fill that last room avaiable)
>>
>>1824950

Being polite and respectful with the staff is the main one.

And about maid benefits, it depends of the maid, so be nice with them!
>>
>>1824981

It closed, but we got paid anyway.
>>
>>1824982

My, thank you.

If that is right, I could do a Receptianon Twitter account, I'll be more active there I bet.
>>
>>1824983

Sorry, the hotels I worked in Mexico never were in Cancun.

Also, si, puedo hablar español, es un requisito halar diferentes idiomas en este campo.

Los tacos mexicanos saben mejor que Taco Bell, eso es seguro.
>>
>>1824996

Yes indeed. it is necessary for work in Mexico being foreigner
>>
>>1825009
I guess then high ends in Mexico City (ex DF).

Que bueno comiste eicos tacos.

¿Comiste tlayudas?

How is your hotel dealing with covid? Are you guys really doing sanitization with fog or othet methods in rooms?
>>
>>1824998

Yeah, I worked in the Hilton line Hampton hotel for about a month, had to quit because I moved to Puerto Vallarta that time
>>
>>1825014
For sure will be fun to chat with you. Are mexican girls flirty with you?
>>
>>1825013

-Las tlayudas sabian bien, pero no me asentaron bien en el estomago.

-Yes, we have to follow all the sanitary conditions, we need to disinfect everything in the rooms when the guest check out, also, we can't touch remote controls or room keys, wich also need to be disinfected. Pool towels also need to be washed every time they are used by guests.
>>
>>1825017

-Some are, some not, I'm an average looking guy hitting a tad ugly, so I wonder what they look on me
>>
>>1825019
I guess that this is a good way to imprpve sanotation. I have guessed that a lot of hotel businnes didnt clean tjeir rooms even the pricey ones. This also cpuld happen in EU and USA? Saying we clean and change stuff and in the end is a lie?
>>
>>1824626

I forgot to reply to this one.

-I dunno, there was that log above us when checking all was fine (wich was not)

-In my 2 years on the work, I've never ascended to manager lol, but they tend to earn 208$ every two weeks, for now I earn $140 (I'm converting this from MXN -my current wokplace- wich pays me 3200MXN)
>>
>>1825023

Well, we have to if we want to keep doing busyness
>>
>>1825035
Yes, but in Mexico bribes are everywhere. A shady manager could bribe the local inspector. How often really hotels did a proper cleaning of rooms and change of towels along the bed?
>>
>>1825036

Room cleaning is daily in regular basis, however maids tend to roam outside roops with sterilyzer steam every hour to prevent infections.
>>
>>1825039
Pretty cool. Do you think this plus effort for hygiene will be a new standard for hotel business?
>>
>>1825049

It will be, I'm sure
>>
>>1825053
Are u working right now?
>>
>>1824950
That's fine, we don't expect a tip unless the receptionist has gone out of his/her way to help you. Honestly reception is the cushiest job in hotels and we get paid more than any other department. Definitely tip the maids well because they are underpaid and underappreciated.
>>
>>1825021
Do you have a mustache? Any story about drunk girls?
>>
>>1825076

Indeed, all this week I'm gonna be in the morning shift, so I will still be in this thread
>>
>>1825130
Will you create the Twitter account to post stories?
>>
>>1824569
Interesting, in my experience Chinese are pretty pushy when they don't get something they want. Must be the tour group mentality.
>>
File deleted.
>>1825145
Only if they have bad manners
>>
>>1825130
>>1825149
Any story with cool negritas and ebony girls?
>>
>>1825078

This is a fact, reception is the most well paid in hotel work, but is because besides receiving people you have to do administration is sometimes exhausting
>>
>>1825130
Best negritas stories?
>>
>>1825187
Bumpy Aubri Ebony
>>
>>1824501
not OP but I work reception in a hostel if anyone has any hostel-related questions.
>>
File: 1590122669236.jpg (19 KB, 407x651)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>1824569
>Chinese
>they are pretty chill
fucking strange backwards reality you live in, anon
>>
>>1825167
IDK, I've worked both in reception and in the kitchen in hotels and I wouldn't call reception exhausting at all. In fact, it can be boring as hell with a lot of downtime. Waiters and cleaners have it even worse IMO. I think that we're better paid just because not everybody speaks 4 languages or so.
>>
>>1825200
Hoe many stoners do you get per day? Have u seen people fucning in hallways and toilets? Do you monitor security cameras? Post your reception desk.
>>
>>1824997
Is that arranged 'in house' or do you give a number to call?
Do I ask for a 'massage' or an extra pillow, or just say straight up where the hoes at?
And do you get a cut?
>>
>>1825241
Straight, tarado
>>
>>1825248
Me too, that's why I'm asking about women..
>>
>>1825265
Go to local whore bars in Mexico instead
>>
>>1825272
Sure but that's not what this thread is about. He said he could give info and I'm asking for more detail as I've never gone through hotel staff before, tonto
>>
File: Yoga.jpg (175 KB, 960x720)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>1825281
Ok bud
>>
>>1825027
Wtf you’re making $70 a week? $1.75 an hour?! How cheap is everything there?
>>
What is your opinion on third party booking sites (Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, etc.)?

If a solo traveler books a room meant for 2-4 people and he invites guests over to his room, do they have to leave after a certain time, or are they allowed to stay the night as long as they don't exceed the capacity limits?
>>
>>1824501
Short story of my experience with a certain receptionist:
>Be me
>Italian spending a month doing coast to coast from NYC to LA
>Stop after DC is Gatlinburg, TN
>Book at a random econolodge, motel is typical american stuff but very well kept
>Ask fat ebonic receptionist for my reservation
>Didn't expect black ppl in TN
>"I booked two rooms, Name 1 is X, Name 2 is Y"
>"Name X doesn't show up, you have to pay for this room"
>Show her the booking with two rooms on Hotels.com
>"You still have to pay for the room, reservation doesn't show up"
>Can't speak to the manager because motel is usually staffed with one person
>Call Burger Hotel.com customer service
>Customer service is the kindest service ever, calls the motel personally and threatens fat jogger to look for reservation.
>Finally reservation shows up
>My name is actually Francesco
>Dumb receptionist gave my room to a so called "Anthony Franceschini"
>Didn't ask for ID or anything to the former customer
>Dumb receptionist doesn't even apologize
>My friends scolds her well because she made us lose 1h with the check in procedure
Stupid cunt, blacks are way more racist than whites, every single service worker in the US was x10 rude if black. Burgers go too soft with black people, it isn't an acceptable behaviour.
>>
>>1825154

Not by my part, but they tend to be pretty girls
>>
>>1825210

It may be, but when you are alone in your shift and +45 rooms decide to check out all at the same time and include the fact that you must be on your foot for 8 hours straight, you need to get ahold your mind to work under pressure and quickly... but the 4 language thing is a fair point
>>
>>1825555

We set our expectations far lower for black people
>>
File: 9387465892123.jpg (1.38 MB, 3264x2448)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
>>1825228

-Not enough, they don't come to this kind of hotels

-Nope put there was a drunk and naked girl outside her room in a Tijuana's hotel Im not gonna name

-In my current work, no, but I did in some pass-by hotel I worked

Pic related is my desk, is actually pretty dull so I put some of my tools and a keychain to make it look with tools (no shit)
>>
>>1825241

-Its either on you or I would just use one of those fliers on the street

-Make it look as massage and it would be fine

-If they found out I took part then yes, if not, im fine
>>
>>1825338

1 U$S is $22.84 MXN, but credit cards would take an tax or something (As example, American express), In mexico is good enough for 15 days (called locally quincena)
>>
>>1825613
Service from black people was always awful even in chill places like small villages.
They really hate white people with passion, the only friendly guy was a random black guy outside a bar that gave me directions and had a small chat.
In every other case they tried to sabotage the service on purpose or didn't cooperate. That standed out massively because other americans, even latinos, were overtly kind and welcoming. Also some places really looked like racial enclaves.
>>
>>1825521

-I have mixed opinion, you can get some lower prices on those sites no joke, sometimes the price is a little higher, but when it comes to the billing is a complicated proces (I spent +20 minutes billing to Price Travel because they system is sometimes offline)

-It depens of the hotel, some does not let you have guests inside the room (mainly because sometimes they just sneak in the room and get to pay 1 person and stay 4, others let you have company inside as long as they head out after a certime time
>>
>>1825555

Man, they don't have to act like that, not racist but those are no manners
>>
>>1825629
I am no racist too, but that was the reaction from blacks in many interactions with them. BLM should stop blaming whites for racism and do a serious review on how their community behaves when white people are around. That trip made me realize that americans, no matter the colour, are staunchly racists, maybe they should realize dropping the race issue and start working together.
>>
>>1825631
>>1825555
>>1825624
Welcome the typical, expected interaction with the American black person. Europeans have no fucking clue what its like in the US.
>>1825629
>not racist but those are no manners
Typical liberal making excuses for them constantly too, treating them as if they are children unable to act alone and be an adult.
>>
>>1825003
Why would I tip the maid? Is she giving me a blowjob later or something?
>>
>>1825624

>the only friendly guy was a random black guy outside a bar that gave me directions and had a small chat

The key component here is that he wasn't actually working in the service industry, he was just hanging out
>>
>>1825651
Idk anon, why would you tip anyone ever?
>>
>>1825655
I'm from Germany. I almost never tip.
>>
>>1825003
>Maid benefits for tipping
Such as what? Them not spitting on my toothbrush?
>>
>>1825673

You should tip maids everytime they do a service in your room.

Maids in hotels are really underpaid
>>
>>1825338
Mexico is cheap for USA currency
>>
>>1825622
Are USA people only payed monthlty? Herr you can ne paid per day, week, quincena or monthly (the most rare case).
>>
>>1825617
Cute keyholder. Anon. Do you like Maro Bros games in NES and SNES?
>>
>>1825555
Stupid obese negra
>>
>>1825685
>Maids in hotels are really underpaid
If that were true they wouldn't be maids.
>>
>>1825771
Are maids ugly or at least 7/10?
>>
>>1825612
Do they dont allow chairs for you, bro?
>>
>>1825628
Do you drink water or soda?
>>
>>1825803
Most receptions don't have chairs for some reason even though 90% of the job is standing in front of the computer. It honestly fucking sucks and would make our lives so much better but for some reason no chairs seems to be the industry standard.
>>
>>1825618
Ok thanks good to know, if it's not sanctioned by management I guess it's best to stick with agencies
>>
>>1825830
They appply retarded ideas that if you seat then you will do less work.
>>
>>1825712

Some pay weekly, other monthly.
Outside US were either weekly or per day, in cases like Mexico is every 15 days, monthly payment was rare to none
>>
>>1825713

It's a cute keyholder, but yeah I like the mario games
>>
>>1825803

Some hotels do, but a lot don't allow chairs, since we have to give a professional image and good looks. The night shift gets a little seat tho
>>
>>1825822

I like them both, but I drink water more to stay hydrated
>>
>>1826136
Whats your average breakfaat? How many customers per day before and after covid?
>>
>>1826135
Being seated should not be bad.
>>
>>1826137

-The staff has food service, so it depends of the buffet. If we talk about outside work, I like to eat sausages and bacon with some jamaica juice

-As today, we have 31.37% of rooms taken, it varies depending of the season and day, is the same rate with covid, but we are limited to use only 50% of the rooms
>>
>>1826145
Agua de jamaica.
Cold hibiscuss water.

You know the deal, pal.

Whats the weirdest item forgotten in the room besides dildos.
>>
>>1826145
Below 40% in normal days sounds like not enough business. What % is tje breaking point?
>>
>>1826153

-I got too used to spanish lmao

-Condoms, a new box
>>
>>1826160

204 rooms (100%)

As I said, our rate has to stay bellow 50% due to COVID
>>
if i book a room that says no guests allowed-1 person- only can i still bring over a girl to fuck for one night?
I did it a few times anyway but im afraid theyll expell me or demand some extra payment.
>>
>>1826171
Do ypu still get daily newspapers for guests?
>>
>>1826170
A box with 100 condoms?
>>
>>1826174
Just dont let her sleep in the room.
>>
>>1826174
u cant get a new girl every night in any country
but nixe try
>>
>>1825228
>Hoe many stoners do you get per day?
not as many as you think, or at least they're stealthy about it. on a busy day at least 1 or 2 obvious ones though.
>Have u seen people fucning in hallways and toilets?
hallways nah. at best i saw a girl strip naked and get changed in a hallway.
in the off-season i've seen people actually upgrade their room for 1 night when they're expecting to get laid. just had a dude do that last week.
usually ppl just fuck in the dorms though.
>Do you monitor security cameras?
nah, not my job.
we have cameras on mostly just as evidence if we need to call the cops about something. the only person who watches the cameras religiously is the night security, and mostly to let drunk people in the front door at night when they've inevitably forgotten the door code.
>>
>>1824501
From booking websites like Google Hotels or Momondo, how do hotels get ranked?

One hotel might be ranked as '3 star,' which will be ranked as '4 star' at a different place.

Next, what is the minimum 'star' of hotel you'd stay in Hong Kong and Tokyo.
>>
>>1826174

Uuuuh, If it is only for that, but she needs to leave after that.

Some places just allow the people who will sleep, so extra guests are charged
>>
>>1826175

We don't have newspapers for guests on the reception, maybe restaurant has but idk
>>
>>1826185

Just 10
>>
>>1826532

-Those pages usually rate guests based on user ranking, like when you rank a game of stuff like that

-Yes, because the systems priorize the country, if many people of certain country rate it a way, the rank is adjusted

-For HK it would be 3 star, as for tokyo... any star are ok, the service from Japan is excellent
>>
>>1826604
Thanks for the answers.

Here are more questions.
Are there any dead giveaways of a crappy or suspect hotel?

How should I narrow down my searches for a hotel?
Currently, I apply filters for
Pricing (Lowest to Highest)
Hotels Only (No Hostels/Apartments)
Display 3/4/5 stars only
User rating (if applicable) 60%+
>>
America exporting its culture:
https://youtu.be/LaS8s-RLSOk

How do front desk people handle a situation like this?
>>
>>1826658
"WHY DO PEOPLE HATE US!!?1"
>>
>>1826658
N
>>
>>1826596
But this must happen often right?
>>
>>1826658
>pointing a camera at him is threatening...
>>
>>1826621

- Don't pick the shady looking ones

- I suggest removing user rank, since there is people who tends to leave negative reviews when they fuck on something and claim it wasn't they fault
>>
>>1826658

Leave it to the security guards (something similar happened recently)
>>
File: 1593223107117.png (197 KB, 400x371)
197 KB
197 KB PNG
Cool thread OP.
Do employees get discounts for staying at the hotel?
Do you get to sample the breakfast bar?
Has anyone ever hacked/tampered with the wifi/phones/TV/etc.?
Has anyone ever stolen major items from the rooms like TVs?
If someone calls the hotel and wants to be transferred to a specific room do you put the call through?
>>
>>1826949
Any advice for picking hotels in China?
(China's a big place with different 'Tiers' for cities)
How many stars as a minimum in Tier 1/2/3?)

Also, how would I go about selecting a hotel from this pile?
https://hotels.com/search.do?resolved-location=CITY%3A244984%3AUNKNOWN%3AUNKNOWN&f-star-rating=5,4,3&f-guest-rating-min=6&f-accid=1&destination-id=244984&q-destination=Changsha, Hunan, China&q-check-in=2020-09-04&q-check-out=2020-09-14&q-rooms=1&q-room-0-adults=2&q-room-0-children=0&sort-order=PRICE

(As an example)
>>
>>1826977
I'm not OP but use Ctrip.com instead of that god-awful website. Ctrip is specifically for travel to/from/inside China.
>>
>>1826954

- As far as I know, yes, we have discounts in resort memberships, rooms etc., once I had to do overtime and had to sleep in a room

- I haven't, but everything looks delicious

- Yes, once a guest tried to tamper the phones, he got arrested

- We ask who is calling and what business has with the room, then ask the name of who wants to talk with. After that we dial the room and ask if he nows the one who is calling, if true then we link them, if not then we hang up
>>
>>1826977

- Use Ctrip.

-For China you have to take note of your funds and what do you need when looking for an hotel (Pleasure/Business, how far from xyz place, if you want a small and cozy room or an spacious and luxury room), better happy than crappy
>>
>>1826532
Booking.com better
>>1826598
Free internet?
>>
>>1827006
Post breakfast from hotel
>>
>>1827006
And charged for it?
>>
>>1826949
Define shady
>>
>get job working Front Desk in a hostel
>in downtime my coworkers all browse news sites, look at memes, play chess etc
>i fill my spare time doing the same with a little bit of reading manga thrown in
>things are fine for a few months
>virus lockdown happens, so we all get 2 months off
>come back to work
>IT guys have blocked everything
>i mean LITERALLY everything except google maps and wikipedia is blocked
>cant even look up local restaurant menus or tours for guests because those websites are blocked
>off-season right now, only a handful of customers to check-in every night
>have to spend 4~6 hours of my shift literally doing nothing
what do?
on quiet PM shifts I've started bringing my gaming laptop and chilling in the back room.
obviously cant do this all the time.
what the fuck do you guys do on your shifts?
>>
>>1828072
I read or draw, specially in night shift because there's nobody around to make me have to pretend I'm working.
>>
How forgiving are you with check-out times?

Say that check-out is 12:00, but your customer comes out of their room at 12:30. Is that a big no-no?
>>
>>1827197
Cool and moist
>>
>>1827183

Yes, internet is free for guests
>>
>>1827187

No, since it was overshift and I couldn 't get the worker bus, I had to stay in a room, free charge.
I was lucky that the next day was my free day.
>>
>>1828072

Read a book or something.
I use my pc on the main desk (netbook) so I can watch some movies
>>
>>1828147

Check out starts at 11 am, with 1 hour of tolerance, after that period of time half day is charged
>>
>>1828250
Now what about check-ins?

I guess it would be pretty annoying if guests arrive at the hotel too early, but is there a tolerance for that, too?
>>
>>1828254

Check in starts at 3pm and onwards, we have a system with early arrivers in wich they can take the room at 3, but they can stay in the building and service areas until they can come in, if they have a reservation is considered as a no show at 9pm
>>
I use to work in Hotels, F&B.

Fucking hated it and is the cause of my depression and receding back into being a man-child.
>>
>>1828072
IT guys are retarded. Use your own phone.
>>
>>1828250
11 am check out is very rare.
>>
>>1828397
Really? In the US I would say that 11:00 checkout is standard.
>>
>>1828400
12 pm is normal here in Mexico
>>
>>1828267
Tell moar
>>
>>1828259
Some hotels consider no show at 6 pm
>>
>>1828259
Any plan for tonight? Do you like cheese and blackberry ice cream?
>>
>>1824501
What’s your opinion of Korean guests?
>>
>>1828250
>>1828259

I've always arrived around the time for check in. But theres been numerous amounts of times where I have arrived early at the destination but fucked around in the airport or if I rented a car, fucked off for a bit. It's a pain to lug around luggage and have to be super hawk eye over them until I get to the hotel. Question is, if I arrive at the hotel at 9am, can I have them hold on to my luggage, and perhaps place them in my room by the time I actually check in to the room?

Also, what happens if a guests travel was delayed by a day, would that make their rest of the reservation null? What if the guest called in advance about the delay, any penalties?
>>
>>1829033

-Today Im staying as guard since we are going to be doing general repairs to the rooms, so im gonna grab my netbook and watch The Dictator

- Blackberry icecream, I don't like the cheese flavor too much, unles it is cheesecake
>>
>>1829218

They're chill, also have a lot of sense of humor
>>
>>1829235

- Yeah, every hotel can hold your luggage until your room is ready (in case you arrive early)

- You need to call the hotel and inform that you need to move your reservation one day after, there is usually no penalty or extra charge
>>
>>1827183
Any specific reason why Booking.com is better?

I usually use Hotels.com to earn points, and then apply a price match / coupon code to maximize savings.
>>
>>1828072
Change the computers DNS servers to 8.8.8.8
>>
>>1829298
¿Helado de mamey?
>>
>>1829349
Several hotels dont demand a credit card to book. No payment in advanced. Hotel staff more eager to attend you orevious to your arrival. Great sinergy with Google.
>>
>>1829594
Tasty
>>
>>1829298
Why you call your laptop netbook? Are tou from 1990s?
>>
File: netbook-vs-notebook.jpg (159 KB, 1600x905)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>1829797
A netbook is slightly different from a laptop. The alternate term for laptop is notebook.

You almost never see netbooks anymore, since laptops are getting thinner & lighter, and for those who want something smaller, a tablet does pretty much the same thing, but without a physical keyboard (although you can get a keyboard for your tablet).
>>
>>1829594

Nah dude, I don't like Mamey
>>
>>1829797
Why are you using tou instead of you? Are you from 1200s?
>>
>>1829797

Netbooks and Laptops are different, Netbooks have less power and are just for basic stuff, are made for travelling mostly.
I have it still since was my first laptop (college shit) and Im fonded.

Also yeah, I was born in the 90's lol
>>
>>1824549
What the fuck? How do you find international work like that as a hotel receptionist?
>>
>>1829933

I had a good understanding of language since I was young (I leanrned spanish in 10 months while I was 6yo), and also a good accounting record.
I enjoy traveling, so when setting off to another place I noticed that hotel work was fine, so If I had no money I could work on a hotel to earn some money, they were no big name hotels (since it required to had a Foreign work permit) and I worked on them like 2 or 3 months.
The one job I have currently is in mexico, and I had the money for the permit, that allowed me to apply for a big name hotel here.
>>
>>1829218
hostel receptionist here.
I can usually tell which country an Asian is from just by how they walk in through the door, from their body language.

>timidly open and lean into the doorway, look around a couple of times, enter when they decide it's safe, shyly approach the counter in a half-circle and ask permission to step up to be served
Japanese

>enter in a group, move all their gear in first and foremost like a military operation. once everything is neatly set up and organized in one corner, all approach as a group to check in
Korean

>enter with their whole extended family plus aunt, uncle and grandpa. slightly overweight middle aged woman barking orders at everyone. cuts in line and rudely demands to be served
Chinese, Singaporians

>the above but with a tan and somehow uglier
Flips and Indians
>>
>>1829349
all third party sites are shit.
literally just scam artists who take a 20% cut off the top for literally doing nothing.
can usually get a better deal, better customer service and better cancellation policy by booking direct.
if you book through a 3rd party website then the hotel/hostel cant refund you or make changes to the booking; it's up to you to call your hipster 3rd party website first for permission.
most hotels/hostels will let you cancel up to the night before you check in, sometimes receptionbros will do shit for you like change the dates of your booking and then cancel so you get a refund.
cant do that for you if you book thru a 3rd party site though. usually their cancellation policy is 3 days or a week before and even then you're still forced to pay for the first day of the stay or some sort of fee.
>>
File: shaniqua blm .png (77 KB, 890x890)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>1825555
check em'
White people who arent racist are just white people who dont have to deal with blacks on a daily basis esp black women. you have never met a more bitter, angrier, not my problem person than a black women.
>>1825624
> the only friendly guy was a random black guy outside a bar that gave me directions and had a small chat.
never relax, he was probably sizing you up for a robbery later
>>
>>1829962
I have had refunds with Booking, liar.
>>
>>1829961
How do Asians born/raised outside of Asia (Chinese-Canadians, Japanese-Americans, British Indians, etc.) behave?
>>
>>1830015
About the same as mentioned above, but milder. Half-Japanese and Koreans are more interactive than their motherland counterparts. Half-Chinese are more polite, but can be rude if provoked. Half-Indians... let's just say that they are less smelly since they learned how to use Axe bodyspray...
>>
>>1824501
Since a lot of you have opinions on hotel booking sites and pricing, are you guys open to this challenge?

Find the cheapest, non shit/scam 3, 4, and 5 star hotel in Mexico City for a stay from August 1st to August 15th.

Hopefully Receptianon can provide feedback and judge.
>>
>>1829937
Bro, ¿que cenaste? ¿Estas en un buen apartamento? Postea algunas fotos.
>>
>>1829968
>6 kids from 8 different fathers

kek
>>
File: Eb9NrIZWsAEzehB.jpg (364 KB, 1152x2048)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
>>1830035
OP is not answering
>>
Say im on a business trip and my boss got me a shitty room, should i just straight up ask for an upgrade based on availability or does it help to play the pity card, mention how stressful the trip is and how terrible the flight, important the meetings...

Also how can you tell a hotel worker is passionate about their job or doesnt give a shit?
>>
>>1830555
Because "cheapest, no-scam, 4-5 star hotels" in Mexico City simply doesn't exist. Widen your criteria, maybe we can find something for you.
>>
>>1829301
>>1829961
Well that’s comforting. Thanks.
>>
>>1830015
just the same as US/Can/Aus/UK people act.
you meet any 1st or 2nd gen Asian in Aus and they're just as "yeah nah fuck off cunt" as the anglos.
>>
File: 1572065457682.jpg (463 KB, 2048x1536)
463 KB
463 KB JPG
>>1829968
people who think African-Americans are bad have never met an Abbo.
>>
>>1830035
Use Priceline
>>
>>1830771
You won't get an upgrade unless you either pay for it or have status.
By and large, hotel rooms are all the same, unless you're in some swanky places with high-tier suits. A Hampton/Holidaly/Hyatt Place won't have any real difference in their room types beyond single king or two queens.
>>
>>1830002
yea but Booking.com's cancellation policy is 72h before.
book directly with a hotel or a hostel and they'll refund you as late as midnight the night before you check in.
if you've booked thru booking.com and want to change rooms/dates it's a pain in the ass. the hotel/hostel staff cant touch your booking until you've called booking.com and gotten their permission first.
literally had a guy check in yesterday want to cancel his Expedia booking on arrival because our parking lot was full. Told him to call Expedia.
Cunt came back 10min later looking sheepish because Expedia still expected him to pay for the whole booking.

Airbnb and Hostelworld are the worst of the lot because shit's complicated with deposits and other bullshit. Agoda's pretty bad but mostly cuz of how their booking system works. Booking.com's popular because it's actually fairly good compared to the others.
>>
>>1830920
>yea but Booking.com's cancellation policy is 72h before.
That's not how it works. The hotel sets its own cancellation time within Booking's engine (which I go into and work with daily). If you've ran into a hotel with a 72 hour cancellation policy on Booking, then it is because the hotel set that policy.

Goober independents and franchisees who know nothing of revenue management like to be ruthless to their OTA guests to encourage people to book direct so they avoid paying the 15% commission, but it doesn't actually generate more revenue.
In the case of Independents, you'll literally never get any bookings without OTAs because nobody will have heard of you.
>>
>>1830920
>Booking.com's cancellation policy is 72h before.
It actually depends on the hotel, and even the dates and types of rooms.

I've had Booking.com reservations that could be cancelled up to 24 hours before check-in. 99% of the hotels I've booked had this policy.
I've seen rooms that were outright non-refundable (usually because of a special promotion with a very low price). Some hotels will do a 50% refund if there's less than 7 days until check-in (which is bullshit for other reasons, but they're transparent about this).

I personally believe that any third-party related bullshit can be easily avoided if you just carefully read everything. Many customers do indeed fail to do exactly just that.
>>
>>1830555

Im not what?
>>
>>1830771

-Ask for the upgrade, since your boss already paid everything else, I don't think +10$ you pay is not worthy

-Passionate workers usually don't look like they're passionate, the ones who work eagerly search for a better charge and a raise, simply that. Passion to your work does not mean be the boss but enjoy the place you have, if you get a raise then good
>>
>>1830928
>The hotel sets its own cancellation time within Booking's engine
nope
>>
Is it worth contacting a hotel directly for better rates?

Quite often, hotels offer better rates for extended stays, or stays which are booked well ahead of time.

If a hotel doesn't offer this on their website, will there be a better rate/offer after inquiring?
>>
>>1831185

- Yes, sometimes the hotel's reservation departments has some promos ongoing, that web pages don't show

- It depends, right now here we have a special offer that if you stay 3 days, we give 2 more nights of courtesy in the same plan you buy, for long reservations is different each time (it depends)

- Yes, they're always willing to give discounts or so, since they need to fill a cuota
>>
>>1830920
Personally I really like booking because they protected me from some cunt apartment rental owner. She tried to make me pay €2000 for mold damage in her bathroom. I noticed it when I checked in, and said to myself "wow no wonder there's a ton of mold, there's no vent fan in the bathroom and only a tiny window". Fast forward to a few hours after check out I get a call from booking asking about the mold. I tell them the situation, and said I'll never fucking pay that. And that was that.
>>
>>1830929
Or go to the hotel website
>>
Why is laundry service so shit at hotels? Usually it comes back with the same stains on it that I could remove and they want 20 to 30 Dollars for it. Fuck m.
>>
>>1831173
Go ahead, tell me how my industry works lol
>>
>>1831316
Lame service
>>
>>1831316
Unless you go to some very upscale hotel, laundry service isn’t for getting stains out. It’s for general cleaning. They don’t treat spots in your clothing because it would be too time consuming.
>>
>>1832073
Alright thanks for the heads-up. Most of those spots should come out with general cleaning though, dont know what it is up with that. Not to mention it should for the price I am paying.
>>
>>1830914
That's not even a fair comparison, gypsies and abbos are at another level.
>>
>>1832268
You pay additional for stain temoval and ironing. They just wash.
>>
>>1832073
Who cleans today?
>>
>>1824501
Have you railed one of the cleaning wenches in a broom closet?
>>
>>1833079

Professionals have standards, I have not and will never have affairs with co-workers (mostly 'cause they are older than me)
>>
>>1833448
>mostly 'cause they are older than me
So these are your only standards?
>>
>>1833452

No, but it is the main one
>>
During this trip I stayed at a business hotel chain for the first time and holy crap they absolutly shit on every airbnb I have ever been to. Literally the only downside is no kitchen. Props to hotel workers
>>
>>1833448
Are you 36?
>>
>>1833469
I love Hampton Inn & Suites free (included) breakfast.
>>
can i cook in your room?
>>
>>1832775
>You pay additional for stain temoval and ironing. They just wash.
meh, 30 dollars is a lot for just that
>>
>>1833903
They are milking money. They dont do shit.
>>
>>1833469
Stay at hotels
>>
>>1833079
Not a housekeeper, but I've slept with 2 other managers (not at the same time) while at our brand conference.
>>
>>1834526
Nice
Post stories2
>>
Are smoking rooms typically cheaper than non-smoking rooms of equivalent size?
>>
>>1835305
Neither story is particularly interesting. Both times involved too much alcohol. One was picked up at an event in the evening and heading back up to one of our rooms, and the other was from my group of manager friends in my local area after about a dozen of us were out barhopping with our regional.

>>1835454
Depends entirely on the hotel. There are some places that make them cheaper than equivalent rooms, but I've found that that just leads to upset guests who have booked through something like Hotwire or Expedia for the cheapest room and then flip out that they're stuck in a smoker.
There aren't many hotels that still have smokers, but when I ran one that was heavy on the blue collar work crew clientele, I made my smoking rooms $1 more expensive than the equivalent room types, so they won't be accidentally booked in this way. Made it so smokers could book the rooms they wanted, and nonsmokers wouldn't get screwed.
>>
>>1835475
>upset guests who have booked through something like Hotwire or Expedia for the cheapest room and then flip out that they're stuck in a smoker.
Sounds like it's an issue with the third-party site. Instead of a "Single Room" or a "Deluxe Suite," they should really be calling it a "Smoker's Single Room" or a "Smoker's Deluxe Suite."
>>
>>1835478
>Sounds like it's an issue with the third-party site.
Indeed it is
>Instead of a "Single Room" or a "Deluxe Suite," they should really be calling it a "Smoker's Single Room" or a "Smoker's Deluxe Suite."
That's not the issue. The issue is that people have the option to book the cheapest prices and not get to choose your roomtype, or choose what hotel you're staying at. It's Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" tool.

Just have to change it up so you don't get hosed by the OTA's AI system.
>>
>>1835500
Also, as a guest, if you book something like the "you get the cheapest room in the cheapest hotel but you don't get to what know you're booking after you've paid" rate, then just be aware that you won't be able to pick what you want.
>>
>>1835501
OP?
>>
>>1835733
Not OP, forgot to tripfag on that post.
Think of it like booking Basic Economy on a flight. You get whatever you're assigned and don't get a choice. It's the cheapest option though.
>>
>>1835748
Can u post pics?
>>
>>1835914
Of what?
>>
>>1835938
His mom
>>
>>1836036

OOOOOOOOOOOOH MY DAWG
>>
>>1836045
OP

Tell ys something

Keep it alive
>>
>>1837691

Sorry, I have been busy at the main desk that forgot this thread was still alive, keep going everyone, I'll read you all
>>
>>1838060
What procedures in your place have changed due to Coronavirus? I was reading articles about all the changes they made down in Atlantic City and I was wondering if it was any different in smaller hotels.
>>
>>1838060
Has any hotel where you have worked been demanded to paid to narcos/small crimimals for the derecho de piso?
>>
>>1824501
-What causes hotel prices to fluctuate?
Pricing going up during holidays and 'busy seasons' is understandable, but is the 'last room' going to be more expensive due to supply and demand?

-To maximize value, how early should you book a hotel?

Many hotels have a 'Book 2 months ahead for X% off' or 'Book 2 weeks ahead for Y%' off.
>>
>>1838768
>but is the 'last room' going to be more expensive due to supply and demand?
Yep. Rooms get sold on tiers based on occupancy, and the last room will be more expensive because of a lack of supply.
>To maximize value, how early should you book a hotel?
>Many hotels have a 'Book 2 months ahead for X% off' or 'Book 2 weeks ahead for Y%' off.
There's no surefire way to do this. Revenue Managers are always in looking at rates, and you can see rates absolutely dump in the last few days leading up to when you're going to stay if demand never materialized.
Generally, book your room as early as possible, and cancel it later if you find something cheaper closer to your travel dates. Just be aware of the hotel's cancellation policy.
>>
>>1824505
Did they have hooked noses?
>>
>>1838768
>>1839215
I never book hotels more than 1 week before, in practice I have never seen any hotel being sold out, even if one hotel became full there are dozens of other hotels in the same city so if you don't need one specific hotel for some reason you can book last minute.
>>
>>1833469
You get what you pay for no? Airbnb’s attraction is that it’s cost effective.
>>
>>1838084

We need to stay at 50% of occupation, people has to be at least at 1.5m of each other, hygiene cream in each station and you have to wear a mask almost everywere
>>
>>1838643

It is for sure that almost every place has something to do with narcotrafic, however, I don't know more beyond what I heard
>>
>>1838768

-As you said, seasonal pricing and last rooms are expensive, however, sometimes the "last room" can be cheaper if the main office says so, because sometimes they want the 100% record for extra payment or something like that

-It depends, like "seasonal pricing" and "last room" it can fluctuate depending of the hotel disposition
>>
>>1839242

They were not british, nor argentinian nor from monterrey if that is what you are thinking
>>
>>1828072
Use https. Most blocks are stupid as fuck and block http only.
>>
File: 1593627989088.jpg (75 KB, 640x862)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Do hotels have alternative religious materials besides bibles?

Is it possible to call and negotiate a lower hotel rate when the rates are already low?
>>
>>1840206
>because sometimes they want the 100% record for extra payment or something like that
It's because of the way that the rewards program works (at least in Hilton/Marriott/Hyatt). If you're below ~90% occupancy, you only get a certain percentage of that day's Average Daily Rate reimbursed (not really reimbursed, but discounted from your franchising fees, so effectively the same thing) from the brand for HHonors/etc members staying and using points. If you get over 90% occupancy (or 95% occupancy/or 100%, depending on the brand umbrella), then the brand corporate will reimburse you 100% for your Average Daily Rate.

So, rather than being reimbursed $50/free night guest, you get reimbursed $200, which is why (especially during busy season when rates are high and you're close to hitting that threshold) managers will tell the front desk to sell rooms at cut rates.

I know for a fact that several of the big resorts in Florida do over 90% of their business with people redeeming rewards points to stay at aspirational leisure properties from points they've earned staying at middle-tier business class hotels. If you see branded resorts in Orlando or Clearwater at $400/night, just know that only a few suckers are actually paying that, while most guests are staying on rewards points, and the hotel is getting reimbursed for $400/free night guest for most of their occupancy. While it's not money in the bank, think of it like a tax writeoff, and they get out of franchise fees to the brand for the rest of the year.
>>
>>1840243
I've stayed in Indian-owned hotels that have had the Bhagavad Gita in the rooms, but that was something the owners bought and put in. There are only Bibles in rooms because the Gideons give them out for free, and nobody else is evangelizing by giving every hotel in the country free religious materials to put in the dresser.
>>
>>1840243
Only bible and jehova witneds shit.

But I have found a brief book of budism.
>>
>>1840339
Clearwater is so over rated.
>>
>>1840345
Not everybody out there are /trv/ master race, anon. Plenty of folks save all their reward points for the year and spend it on a beach trip within the states. Plenty of folks also save up all year to take cruises and that's their big vacation for the next few years.
>>
>>1840243
In Japan and Thailand I’ve had hotels with Buddhism books. I’m sure some Muslim countries will have Qurans.
>>
>>1840348
Better beaches in Florida must be out there.

Or stay 1 hour away from the beach. Rigjt? For lower prices.
>>
>>1840373
>Better beaches in Florida must be out there.
Not really. Clearwater's definitely up there, right along with Sanabel and Marco Island further south on the Gulf side.
The Keys are rocky, the Atlantic coast has much smaller beaches with more wave action (including Miami Beach), the Panama City and Destin may as well be Galveston.

>Or stay 1 hour away from the beach. Rigjt? For lower prices.
You can get lower prices in Clearwater, the rates I'm talking about are specifically for the large resorts. You can stay in Tampa for cheaper and drive as well.
>>
>>1840358
Most aren't. Muslims doesn't treat quran that way. It is true about Thailand hotels but not true about Japan. They are mostly liberal. The only accommodations in Japan that provide religious materials for their customers are temples and some old ryokans. You probably got them when you were staying in a ryokan, which is technically, not a hotel. But I don't know what you went through. Maybe you did, and that hotel must be pretty old or weird
>>
File: 1591755459886.jpg (626 KB, 1440x1080)
626 KB
626 KB JPG
>>1824501
How does someone check into a hotel room without any payment on file?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXu289P-dD4
>>
>>1840388
Do you miss seeing tiny thonhs in white and ebony girls?
>>
File: 1553913794322.jpg (445 KB, 1280x1200)
445 KB
445 KB JPG
>>1828072
Complain to management you can't do your job looking up local info. Also just read a bunch of Wikipedia or on your phone. Plenty of good free books.
>>
Do guests ever ask the concierge service for prostitutes or drugs?

Does the concierge service ever provide?
>>
File: Mini-bar.jpg (2.78 MB, 3120x4160)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB JPG
Say that my room has a minibar. Obviously, its contents are prohibitively expensive, so I go to a store located outside of the hotel grounds and buy my drinks there.

If I happen to buy a drink from the store that's identical to what's inside the minibar, and I leave the empty can/bottle in the room, is there any risk that I will be mistakenly charged for the minibar?
>>
>>1840585
>is there any risk that I will be mistakenly charged for the minibar?
Yeah, actually. Those things are the tool of the Jews. They aren't based on what housekeeping inventories after your stay, but rather there are pressure sensors inside them that automatically charge you.
>>
>>1840609
That doesn't quite answer my question, but still good to know nonetheless. So if I remove a drink without actually consuming it, then I put it back in, I'll get charged. Wonderful.
>>
>>1840616
>So if I remove a drink without actually consuming it, then I put it back in, I'll get charged
Yes, exactly. Housekeeping doesn't take inventory of your trash, it's all automated.
>>
If I want to order delivery (pizza, Chinese, Uber Eats, DoorDash, etc.) to my hotel room, what would be the least annoying way (from the hotel staff's perspective) to do this? Should I try to meet the delivery guy at the lobby?
>>
>>1840622
Meeting at the lobby works, but putting your room number on the order works just as well (unless you're staying in Vegas and you have to have to functioning key to make the elevator function). Even then, put your room number on the order so the front desk can call you if the delivery guy can't get to the room.
>>
>>1840206
What OTA gives the most/best benefits?
>>
>>1840690
I think Expedia does, but I'm not 100% on that.
Hotels are generally secondary, and people focus on airline rewards
>>
>>1840436
Yes
Happens a lot
>>
>>1840609
Prove that they have sensors.
>>
>>1840204
Are you guys still allowed to have indoor gatherings, like restaurants or cafes?
>>
File: Untitled.png (27 KB, 784x245)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>1841060
There really isn't anything to prove. Any hotel that's willing to pay for the technology is going to have it. Not all hotels will have minibars with sensors, but they do in fact exist. Some of them even light up or make some kind of sound to alert you (the guest) when an item is removed from the minibar.

Obviously, if you didn't actually consume anything in the minibar, you can always just call front desk right away and inform them that you didn't actually drink it, and that you were erroneously charged.
>>
File: 1594559617641.jpg (36 KB, 445x586)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>1824569
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa look at the totally real person not a bot at all whoa whoa tell me about how China is #1 christ whoa tell me how great it is to live and work in China whoa whoa whoa whoa incredible
>>
>>1824501
What happens if you just unplug the minifridge, take the item, put a replacement from the store back?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96h10EZgp6o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnXdcchVVmI

Swap out beverages with clear piss without the sensor detecting the removal of the bottle.
>>
>>1824569
>-Chinese (They are pretty chill, they even like to talk about their culture, one gave me some dumplings once)
Did you scan that dumplings for respiratory viruses? What meat did they use, dog meat or cat meat?
>>
>>1824569
Don't Chinese visitors smoke a lot? (Even in non-smoking rooms?)

When I stayed in a decent hotel, they also had arguments in Mandarin well into the evening.

I guess I drew unlucky rooms.
>>
>>1824501
sneak this on as the background music
used to do it when i worked in a hotel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjbZyXod3mc
>>
>>1824569
Chinese mainlanders are literally subhuman scum. They're worse than abbos and niggers combined.
>>
>>1840585
Boy I literally open every single thing there and fill it with tap water later. Even the coke cans.

Did this on every single hotel around Europe and America and I've never ever been charged.
>>
>>1841765
I smell a larp
>>
>>1841765
>>1841765
You are the ONE
>>
I randomly got a room upgrade to the only penthouse the hotel had, and he only asked that i leave him a good review on a site (with his name). What was going on here exactly? How can I achieve this power, always?
>>
>>1842068
What room did you originally book?
How many 'tiers' of rooms/suites did they have?

Getting a +1 upgrade isn't uncommon, but if you got upgraded a few levels higher, that might be neat.

Depending on how you come off (what online presence you have outside of /trv/), he'll want you to post about the free upgrade so others are enticed to stay (and a few others may receive a lesser upgrade) as a 'false consolation' prize
>>
>>1842070
um, just a normal single bed room. It was a 3 star hotel, and i think my room had a weird smell or something. I'm sensitive to smells.

I don't have any online presence, not a blogger or anything. It was just a random upgrade. I mean, it's in a very very good location in downtown Toronto, and it's the only "affordable" hotel with price point of like $150/night, so i dont know if its occupancy is that bad. I wish i get upgrades like that all the time, the room was so nice.
>>
I read on a few sites that you get the best rates booking a month out, rather than sooner. Is there any truth to that? When I went up to Cedar Point for Halloweekends back in 2018 I ended up paying more for my room because I waited to see if one of my friends was going with me or not instead of just booking the room sooner, so I’m skeptical that I’ll wind up paying les for my hotel room for my USO trip in November. What’s the best practice here?
>>
yeeeeeet
>>
>>1842068
>What was going on here exactly? How can I achieve this power, always?
He's being bonused on how many 5 star reviews he gets on TripAdvisor.
I have the same program at the front desk, $50 for every 5 star review an individual employee gets. The goal is to get great reviews so your hotel gets awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. Usually people who have had good experiences won't leave reviews unless they're asked to leave them, while people who have had bad experiences will be happy to post about it online.

Studies have shown that hotels that have a CoE see a 17% increase in revenue over hotels that don't, which is crazy to think about how much trust people put into those reviews and scores. Tbh, I wouldn't trust TripAdvisor reviews for hotels, the respondent rate is pitiful. Booking.com and Expedia both send out 'rate this hotel' emails to every single person who books it, so their reviews tend to be more accurate because of the larger sample size.

>How can I achieve this power, always?
You can't. It depends on if there's a bonus program in place.
>>
>>1842594
>What’s the best practice here?
Book as soon as possible, if the hotel doesn't take an advance deposit. You can always cancel and rebook later.
The way that the pricing system works is that prices go up as occupancy goes up automatically, but sometimes if occupancy is in the gutter then a human revenue manager will go in and lower rates close to the date (but this doesn't always happen).

For instance, let's say a hotel charges $100 for a night up until they hit 30% occupancy, then from 31%-50% they charge $125, then 51%-75% they charge $175, then from 75%-90% they charge $200, then from 90%-100% they charge $300.

Better to be the guy booking in the >30% range and paying $100 than to be the guy hoping that a revenue manager will dump the rate down to $75 two days before you're going to stay (because that doesn't always happen). Most hotel chains have pretty good cancellation policies where you can cancel for free 24 hours in advance (and then rebook if you see that the price has dumped).
>>
>>1842613
Alright, thanks. Next question: Should I wait for my girlfriend to have her half of the hotel bill ready to spend before booking it, or should I just go ahead and book now since I can afford to do so without bankrupting myself and either cancel if she can’t afford her half, or collect her half if she can? I guess that’s not really Hotel-specific advice, but if cancellation is free and I can afford it then I don’t really see any downsides to securing what seems to be a great rate.
>>
>>1842792
Go ahead and book now if cancellation is free. You can always change your mind later if necessary.
>>
>>1842984
Related: You have to be 21 to book this particular hotel; I’m 20, my gf is 22. Can I book it under my name and have her check us in or would we need to book it under her name?
>>
>>1843445
Sorry, meant to say 21 to *check in* to this particular hotel.
>>
>>1843445
Go ahead and just book it under her name
>>
>>1843512
Will it matter if my name is on the debit card/PayPal I’m using as payment?
>>
>>1843613
Not at all
>>
>>1841747
>They're worse than abbos and niggers combined.
They are going to rule the world though. Atleast mainlander elites are going to.
>>
>>1826977
I lived in China for 4 years, hotels there are generally reasonable. My tips are go for 4 star and above, and if you can find an international brand. Normally the quality is excellent for the price. In a Tier 1 city you should be fine even going down to 2 or 3 stars. But with tier 2/3 cities you need to be more careful. Don't ever book the cheapest hotel you can find, the system there is different and some hotels don't have the correct licence to hold foreigners, so it's possible you'll arrive and be turned away by the hotel. Honestly, in the lower tier cities I would recommend sticking to the higher end hotels, that way they'll deffo legit and you wont have any problems, also the staff there will speak English. Good luck in China anon, it's a solid place to travel if you're up for it.
>>
This isn't a question at all, just a suggestion for anyone who works at a hotel front desk:
If you get any chinks trying to check in, and if they're pissing you off already, try to give them a room on the 4th floor, or a room number with as many 4s as possible (like Room # 244). When they protest or complain, just pretend you don't know what they're talking about.
>>
>>1844412
Kek
>>
"You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:

Deposit: USD 200 per accommodation, per stay
Service fee: USD 2 per accommodation, per night

We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book."

Is that $200 deposit in addition to the actual rate for my room for five nights ($240) or is that a separate $200 security deposit? I'm a little confused here.
>>
>>1844842
>in addition to
I mean "included in", my bad.
>>
>>1844842
>Is that $200 deposit in addition to the actual rate for my room for five nights ($240) or is that a separate $200 security deposit?
It's clearly both those things.
>>
File: Really.jpg (28 KB, 499x481)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>1844863
Thank you for that Anon
>>
>>1844842
>Is it 200 + 240 or 240 + 200?
Anon I think you might actually be retarded.
A deposit is something you get back after you leave without fucking the place up, which based on this question is something you will likely do intentionally or otherwise.
>>
>>1844842
They probably mean a security deposit that must be paid upfront, usually to prove you’re not a bum and also prevent you causing damage inside the room and refusing to pay for it. In the end, you will be charged $240 per night with the $2 per night, and nothing more. The deposit will go towards paying for the nights and fees in the end as long as you didn’t do any damage.
>>
>>1844090
A system for hotels to book foreigners? Why? Are they retards?
>>
>>1843613
Doesnt matter. They want money.
>>
>>1845311
China has a communist government that likes to monitor its citizens. Despite having a lot of them, they manage. It goes without saying that the government would also be interested in monitoring foreigners, who are likely to have very different political ideologies. That's why Chinese hotels have a different system for booking foreigners. To keep tabs on them.
>>
>>1844896
Did you see >>1844844
where I clearly mentioned that I misspoke, or are you being willfully ignorant of that?
>>
>>1845078
>$240 per night
No, no, it's $240 total for all five nights, but yeah, I was wondering if the $200 deposit mentioned would be going towards the $240 for the nights or if it would be a separate charge on top of the $240 for the nights.
>>
>>1845318
Maybe you should think before you speak next time. Not every message board is like Reddit, where you can edit posts after the fact.
>>
>>1845325
No shit. That's why I immediately followed up with what I meant to say. You can't edit your post after the fact on every message board, but you can still very easily look at replies on 4chan, which you didn't do. I'm not mad at you Anon, I'm just telling you what happened. If you're mad about this, that's on you.
>>
>>1845316
Should be unlawful. Why >>1845316
the UN can not do a thing? Or the WTO?
>>
>>1845342
>Should be unlawful.
In any reasonable country, it would be unlawful. Unfortunately, China plays by its own rules.

>Why the UN can not do a thing? Or the WTO?
China is a terrible country, but they're still a valuable business partner, that's why. They have cheap labor and resources, and most if not all of the world depend on China for that very thing. Many world leaders avoid interfering too much, if at all, because they don't want to piss off China. Personally, I think we need to start pulling out of China, but politicians and industry leaders aren't so keen on losing their connections with the very thing that helps them save/earn money.
>>
>>1845311
100% retarded. Living there opens your eyes to the real retardation of the chink.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.