[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: man.jpg (301 KB, 1024x768)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
The way you think. The way you see the world. The way you see yourself.

Examples welcome. Could be for the good, for the bad, neither, or both. However.
>>
Made me realise I'm fucking dip shit.
>>
It made me realize that everywhere is the same
>>
>>1810533
I haven't done it yet, but I'm planning a pilgrimage of Europe. I plan to rough it and visit heritage/historic sights and towns my ancestors came from (I'm Amerifag). I dont know how it will go but I hope it will be impactful.
>>
>>1810533
It made me unironically see that some cultures are just superior to others. It made more more close minded than open minded in that sense
>>
>>1810537
true at a very high level, but you also have to factor in >>1810553
>>
>>1810553
This
>be me
>learn in school that everyone is equal and some countries just have bad luck
>make trip to Argentina
>beforehand believe that Argentina's people have great potential but bad luck with their politicians
>arrive there
>everyone's a dipshit
>slow and unmotivated personnel at immigration (even worse than in New Zealand)
>merchants range from unprofessional to openly scammy
>nobody abides to any traffic regulations
>websites regularly broken, even the ones from flag carrier airlines
>nobody is on time for appointments, in 95% of the cases they are too late and in 5% they are too early (ordered a taxi one day in advance for 10 a.m., driver arrives at 9.30 and is pissed that it takes me until 9.45 to leave my hotel room)

It must be hell to live in South America as an above-average IQ person.
>>
>>1810553
This
I have no interest in ever seeing the US after traveling old world countries.
>>
>>1810533
I don't know if it counts, but I went to the US 5 years ago and I'm trying to actively bettering myself to move there permanently.
>>
>>1810613
Where do you currently live?
>>
>>1810618
Italy
>>
>>1810533
I liked china before I went to tibet.
>>
>>1810619
Okay then the wish to become a Burger is understandable. I'm sorry to say this, but from the point of view of a Germanfag, Italy isn't much better than South America.
>>
>>1810533
Not so much travel, but being stuck on an Aircraft carrier for ten months made me realize how shitty being on the internet and watching the news constantly is and how addicted we are to technology.
>>
>>1810642
How do I learn German?
>>
>>1810642
stop reading Der Spiegel. You live on a rent while we all own houses over here (protip: it's not because the State give them to us, we worked to build them). You're unironically (one of) the reason why I want to leave.
>>
All the attributes which I value in myself were developed through wilderness backpacking. Endurance, self-reliance, etc.
Travel as a tourist has 1) made me legitimately racist when I wasn’t before, and 2) made me better at asserting myself and standing up for my beliefs. I don’t get as much stimulation from my hometown in a year as I get from a Bangladeshi tuk-tuk driver in an hour.
>>
>>1810533
Yes it made me realize that there are corrupt shitholes out there & glad I'm American
>>
>>1810709
I would "own" a house too if I would still live with my parents.

>>1810691
Get a German girlfriend.
>>
>>1810736
>1) made me legitimately racist when I wasn’t before
Against whom?

>I don’t get as much stimulation from my hometown in a year as I get from a Bangladeshi tuk-tuk driver in an hour.
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
>>
>>1810752
Racial bias isn't necessarily negative. For example if you gave me the choice of hanging out with a group of Moroccans vs. Germans, I'd choose the Moroccans without hesitation as they are objectively more fun and personable.
Arabs tend to be shallow materialists; I know this to be true but I don't let that get in the way of my interactions with them.
I'm not gonna say who I truly hate as I don't want to derail the thread.
Maybe 'culturalist' is a more accurate term for what I am as I don't attach any meaning to skin color, only place of origin/upbringing.
>>
File: 5bb.png (23 KB, 894x773)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>1810738
> it made me realize that there are corrupt shitholes out there & glad I'm American
>>
it pulled my tooth and broke my spine
>>
>>1810578
maybe South America people see time and stuff differently in western people
>>
>>1810533
Made me realize euros consume more media for info than americans, and thus that equates to intellect for them. Even if they are completely fucking wrong 90% of the time on topics.
>>
>>1810533
I spent a month locked in a student room eating only instant noodles and playing wow, somehow it cured my depression
>>
>>1810642
>from the point of view of a Germanfag, Italy isn't much better than South America.
Really pains me to share a country with retards like you desu
>>
>>1810859
Race is much more than skin color
>>
>>1810533
Yes, in more ways than I realize. I did a world trip in 2016, 6 months in India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Vietnam and Nepal the other 6. A simple thing I know that changed is I don’t care about personal space so much anymore, or things like people chewing loudly, or being such a stickler for things being on time. Then obviously things like appreciating what I have at home versus the poverty I’ve seen. Of course you don’t have to travel to see poverty but experiencing those things first hand gives it a personal meaning. Other things I can think of right now is knowing that I can get out of my comfort zone, force myself to do things, be ok on my own etc.
>>
>>1810537
Where have you gone?
>>
Made me realize how much I unironically can not stand California or Californians, I thought shitting on Californians was a huge meme that people in other states with rednecks did but no holy shit was I wrong.

>Go to california for the first time
>everyone is a fucking walking bumb or wanna be hollywood star
>rude, smelly, insanely expensive, wildly unsafe from one street to the next I was walking the wrong way from 8th station and before I knew it I thought I had gone to brasil's favelas
>cops are constant dicks even if you aren't doing anything but just looking trying to get a photo of some things
>everything is crowded hired taxis and "ubers" are way fucking expensive
>food is okay but the best stuff had was street food made by people who didn't speak english, thought that was your countries language but guess not
>Little Tokyo and China Town I've always heard of need to be recalled homeless central
>literal shit even after going out of LA to bear mountain(idk what it was called it was some lake thing) everyone was even more shit despite being away from trash
>take absurdly long bus up to San Fransisco for a few days to see the sites and it's just as bad as the Los Angelos areas was if not worse in some aspects but not as hot
>try to make the best of it before I got to Texas
>literally everything I thought Texas would be California was and everything I thought California was(friendly non racist people who are more open minded) Texas had
>enjoy the best food of my life for practically nothing, way better looking women, cops not as bad, people actually didn't care about my foreign nationality, actually wanted to know about me

Dunno how burgers put up with Californians but now every time I see a fat annoying tourist I can't help but think they are from california
>>
>>1810919
I agree with almost everything you said, but as an American there is no way women are better looking in Austin. Not even close. Women in Southern California are probably the most attractive in the country outside of NYC.
>>
>>1810929
I was in Dallas and Fort Worth, I did not visit Austin. I went somewhere called something like deep bellum or something and it was a pretty cool party place.
>>
>>1810578
You can add mexico to this list. Same shit there.
I always am 5 minutes early to things because biz autism.
Business meeting there scheduled for 2:30. People did not start showing up until 3:45
>>
>>1810929
Austin was ruined by tech. Lots of young men with $ so all a woman has to do is exist and some guy will let her do whatever the fuck she wants
>>
>>1810862
Probably. And maybe that is one of the reasons they are so unsuccessful.
>>
What always baffles me is the plastic pollution. In European schools we are told that we are the ones who pollute the planet with plastic because we are the rich ones. According to my experience European and North American beaches are usually clean as a whistle and no one throws his trash in the nature. In South America there is some trash on the beaches even if there are trash cans nearby. There is surprisingly little plastic pollution in the richer parts of Africa, maybe on the same level as South America. South-east Asia on the other hand is a total trash dump. And the most interesting part about it: text printed on the trash is usually in the local language, so it's not stuff Europeans or North Americans threw in the oceans back home.

tl;dr: Poor countries are polluted with plastic because the people there don't know how to handle their own trash.
>>
>>1810533
Yeah, it did.
>Be me, 16ish yo Ausfag from the suburbs
>Live in a progressive city, be told often how I can learn from other cultures
>Get opportunity to go with roughly 15 other kids from my school to a sister school in China, which is an international school
>Basically base ourselves out of the international school and spend a month exploring and learning about China
>Specifically in an area that isn't huge for tourism, so not a huge amount of white dudes there

ANyway, I had an awesome time. People were right, other cultures could teach me a lot. But people also fucking lied. Other cultures can learn a fuckload from us. The difference is, it feels as though a lot of people we encountered outright didn't want to. The sheer arrogance of some people in assuming they were unequivacobly right was mind boggling. Also the international students we rubbed shoulders with; incredibly elitist and snobby. A few grade a human beings in the mix too. I remember sitting down with one dude who actually was Chinese, but from a very wealthy family who sent him to the international school. He basically confessed that a lot of his classmates were not nearly as progressive as they portrayed, and how it was stifling.

Really did make me more of a free thinking. I have no problem embracing other cultures, but it really did make me a lot more comfortable with pushing back and asserting my own. At the end of the day, Western culture is very, very fucking willing to change itself to adapt to others. Those same others aren't. Because they're different cultures. And that understanding is important when dealing with them.

Tl;dr: Learnt to respect other cultures and keep an open mind without being a bitch and blindly ignoring my own. Hippies also fucking hate me now.
>>
Not an Incel or /pol/tard or anything but here I go.
After my extensive travels, I wonder if travelling would make those who believe races can live together in harmony change their mind.
I've never experienced different races/tribes/cultures existing together in a peaceful and equitable arrangement for everyone. When there's one it's fine, I've met Jews and Americans who had great times with Iranians, and I've experienced it myself as a Brit in the Muslim world, but once its significant populations it never works.
I'd like to here of any anons experiencing the contrary and check it out myself but I just don't understand why places like the US don't just accept it can't be done and except 2 states.
>>
>>1810553
Same here.

Before I left the UK I was a lefty, postmodern, subjectivity, SJW type.

Living in Asia for 6 years, I am now right wing and far more into objective truths.
>>
>>1810859
>moroccans
>fun and personable
get out of my country, ahmed.
>>
>>1810533
Yeah. It made me realise that a lot of 'absolute' truths are simply cultural truths, hence if you want to get on with people it's better to bend a little to their culture.
>>
Yes, the more I travel the more I lose my interest in fantasy and fictional universes.
>>
>>1811787
make me, john
>>
>>1810709
Fake news. I'm an American home ownership is a scam here 90% of the time. Most "home owners" don't own their homes either they just rent them from the bank. I'm lucky to own my house but it's rare and I don't know anyone my age that can say the same unless their parents bought it for them and their parents are very rich.
>>
made me more worldly
>>
>>1810537
I'd say people are the same. Places are different. People react to their geography and motivations differently but the same divine spark motivates us
>>
>>1810533
I don’t know if I can call it travel, because my earliest significant international experiences were either long-term or school-related, but having been an exchange student in high school and then an expat kid, in places that were extremely different from
where I came from, have made me a very internationally oriented person. I sought out work in international fields and have lived away from my home country for a large chunk of my professional life.
>>
made me appreciate murica
>>
It's made me more accepting of some left wing policies (pretty much universal healthcare, some sort of guaranteed basic income, and more oversight on people in power), while also making me fiercely more pro gun ownership
>>
Made me realize what a loser I am. I'm trying the whole self-improvement thing now, but of course the world had to collapse all around me just as I decide to fix myself. My city is burning down right now after being under quarantine since fucking March.
>>
It helped me reset how I see the world, that not everywhere is walking npcs like in america.
>>
>>1812481
>>1812490
it made me feel exactly the opposite. how the fuck can you people survive with only a week or two of travel a year
>>
>>1811030
Asia in general is terrible about trash. But the usa and europe also ship their garbage to be recycled in africa so I guess that's why things seem clean
>>
>>1810553
Why is it "close minded" to realize the truth? See your vocabulary gives away your brainwashed upbringing (ironically the same way cultures breed good and bad people). You've opened your eyes and your mind and realized a fundamental lie of the west - that people in worse circumstances are not responsible for those circumstances and all this inequality just fluked into being.
>>
>>1810533
Made me realize that, while Canada is an objectively superior place to live at the moment, the trajectory its on is regression to a violent 3rd world dictatorship.
>>
>>1810553
This. It's really pushed even that on an individual level for me. Not only are some cultures superior to others, so are people as both individuals and groups.

>Vietnamese come to America after their country is torn to shreds from war.
>sometimes with literally just rags and clothes
>integrate and contribute to their respective communities
>become among the most successful minorities on the planet with a overall positive reputation
>do this in only a few decades

>Africans
>have had generations to improve and develop culturally
>everywhere they go: Ghettos and crime
>America, UK, France, everywhere
>fail to integrate or be productive in all societies barring few exceptionals
>their own continent is mostly destroyed and they continue their ghetto behaviour even without contact to their home nations
>>
>>1810863
Your lack of self awareness is astounding as well as your ignorance.

>made me realize euros consume more media for info than americans

So you've visited more than one country in europe right? Or have several EU friends? Americans are the ultimate consumers and are now paying the price for it. You can see how you're the only nation who has had half your population go insane from ONE month of social distancing and self isolation. A weak culture breeds weak people.
>>
>>1810613
I hope you make it ragazzo
>>
>>1810933
Its called Deep ellum and glad you liked it. Dallas isnt amazing but it has some nice parts
>>
File: qualitity ads.png (39 KB, 531x107)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>1812950
>>1812956
Europe used to export electrical waste to Africa. A few years ago they changed the law and now it's prohibited to export it from the EU. Paper and plastic waste used to be exported to China until the Chinese government stopped it.

>>1812964
>that people in worse circumstances are not responsible for those circumstances and all this inequality just fluked into being.
That might be true for most of the people, but think about what some other guy wrote above: imagine being born a high-IQ person in a country full of dipshits.

>>1813022
I remember seeing screenshots of the paper. Do you know it's title?
>>
>>1813132
>That might be true for most of the people, but think about what some other guy wrote above: imagine being born a high-IQ person in a country full of dipshits.
You would migrate to the west, hence the term brain drain
>>
>>1813022
Was that that study by Amazon that I see floating around here?
>>
>>1813159
Not that I recall, I think it was a university professor but they censored it. I actually think I picked it up on tv tropes but that entry was removed.

>>1813132
Afraid not friend but we can tell just from the USA alone how well diversity works.
>>
>>1810551
>MUH HERITAGE

Mutt.
>>
>>1810578
>ordered a taxi one day in advance for 10 a.m., driver arrives at 9.30 and is pissed that it takes me until 9.45 to leave my hotel room
had the exact same experience lel
>>
>>1813602
pure actually
>>
Two months in India. Alone.

I had never traveled before. I considered myself well read and educated before my trip. I was wrong.
Turned out my world was a wall of words, that stood up to reality like a hill of books to a Molotov-coctail.

It made me truly rethink my opionions and worldviews on everything.
>>
>>1814159
Any regrets? I have a trip to India planned for later this year. Was the experience positive overall?
>>
Made me realize we're all the same and the bullshit you see on TV is amplifying .001% of people. Most people just want to live their lives, and enjoy their time on this planet. White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, they're all pretty much the same once you get past their looks.
>>
>>1810533
So yeah I spent 6 months in south america. They ain`t all bad. Did a tour in Russia with my band. Russians love/hate everyone else but some of them were ok. South Korea was based as fuck. Was there a couple of weeks during Ebola-chan. These rooftop koreans made a sign saying "No Black because Ebola". Was surprised over the amount of christian zealots in seoul. Been all over europe. Blacks, gypsies and Turks are all univerally hated. All others are tolerated. Travel made me a rayciss af.
>>
>>1810536
I agree. I can actually tell when my ego is on the rise, and its usually after significant periods of poor work/home balance. These days are particularly atrocious since I'm locked in my house and I have to work from it. I've noticed my thinking because measurably more radical, a change I do not like. My travels to the Middle East, Europe, and Asia all offered me something different, and I was hoping to broaden my understanding of my own retardation further but then COVID happened. Sad times for the /trv/ gang.

Actually on a side note, my top 4 boards were /trv/, /sp/, /int/, and /biz/. I got shanked in 3/4 interests this season. Memes weren't worth it.
>>
>>1814173
Regret? Everything. Positive experience? None
>>
File: 1588883890784.jpg (627 KB, 1280x1067)
627 KB
627 KB JPG
It changed everything about me. I was raised in a tiny bubble of Olympia, WA. Had a pseudo-mormon upbringing with 3 dads. I was super shy autist nerd. Then I got finished college, got a passport and traveled for over 2 years. When I came back, most people I knew stayed the same but I had reverse culture shock, a peculiar accent from speaking another language all the time, From age 0-22 zero success with girls.22-25 I would sleep with 3 in a day just for the thrill. I also became as asshole. Then I got humbled by losing my money, broken heart, broken family still. Jesus happened in my life and I've been on that trajectory ever since.
>>
>born in USA
>live 2 years in western europe

Made me realize how much I really hate black people. Living next to middle eastern immigrants is hardly noticeable. I only interact with them when I get food delivered or something. In America ~most~ black people are so loud, abrasive, their kneejerk reaction is violence, they have to constantly try to prove that they are "HARD AS FUCK", they don't contribute to society in any way.... And before you say I'm a /pol/tard and this is all prejudice, it's not. My east coast college town was 80% black 20% students, and my hometown was 20 minutes to the closest shit hole city. So I earned the right to say that an overwhelming majority of the interactions I had with black people were not good. It's postjudice which is perfectly fine, you nigger shills.

TLDR niggers suck, muslims aren't that bad
>>
>>1812965
How?
Why?
>>
>>1810533
Was a hardcore liberal American, all for refugees, UN, open borders, etc. Went to Europe (Italy and Germany) and actually saw refugees and how they act, don't integrate and don't care for the culture of where they go. Needless to say I no longer support that.
>>
>>1810929
Women in California and NYC are atrocious. San Antonio has gorgeous 10/10 southern bells. California women are all smelly fucking hippies, almost the same as NYC but somehow the women in NYC have worse attitudes
>>
>>1814502
>gorgeous 10/10 southern bells
You mean washed up white women with fake blonde dyed hair that look 10 years older than they are.
>California women are all smelly fucking hippies, almost the same as NYC but somehow the women in NYC have worse attitudes
Somehow I think youve never been to either of these places because Ive never seen something so far removed from the truth.
>>
Apparently I have the complete opposite experience to most people ITT.

First of all, travelling has made me want to get the fuck out of Spain and close the door behind me so I don't go back until I'm old. During the last 5 years I've lived in 4 different cities in 3 different countries and I always start to get itchy feet after I feel I've settled down somewhere. Moving so much has made me less of an autist as I've had to find my new circle of friends in every new place.

Through travelling I have met some of my best friends and gotten to know the most interesting people. Travel has made me a lot less prejudiced and aware of how little I know about other countries and peoples. For instance, we tend to have a very bad or at least stereotypical opinion of South Americans in Spain, but most people couldn't tell you the difference between a Bolivian, a Chilean and a Peruvian. Having friends and coworkers from Chile, Mexico, Argentina, Costa Rica... made me realize how much of that narrative I had swallowed and how stupid it is to judge a whole continent on the same terms. It also has made me see that I have much more in common with them than with a German or a Pole, even though we are both Europeans.

Thanks to travelling I've had to work and learn odd jobs that never would I have considered had I stayed back in Spain. It has made me develop some invaluable life skills and has brought me up to fluency in 4 languages. It has also destroyed any chance of career growth or financial stability in the foreseeable future, but I could very well blame my poor choice of majors for that.

Travelling has made me realize how many new and beautiful sights yo visit there are, how many mountains to hike, languages to learn, dishes to try, exotic women to fuck... And how this is only possible by leaving your tiny village and opening yourself to the world.

Anyways, thanks for reading my blog. Apologies if I sound too much like a hippie, because I assure you I'm not.
>>
>>1814556
What makes you hate Spain, anon? I'm Colombian myself and Spain seems like a much better country in terms of infrastructure, purchasing power and overall quality of life. Guess it has to do something with the culture, or you finding some other place that's clearly superior to Spain, though I'd like to know more about what you think.
Your post is fine btw, thank you for giving us sudacas a chance lol
>>
>>1814544
I've been to all the listed place. Admittedly only LA and San Diego once a piece, but NYC multiple times. I had heard that California girls are all either 1s or 10s, but I only saw the ones. Obviously while Texan women are better on average, it isn't to say that there aren't beautiful women there too, just that they make up a much smaller percentage of the population compared to the nasty bitches
>>
>>1814558
Hola Colombianon, la verdad es que no odio España, ni a su gente ni su cultura; aunque releyendo mi post entiendo que bien puede parecerlo. Si no quiero volver a España es por que probablemente acabaría en las mismas ciudades de siempre, con la misma gente y haciendo las mismas cosas. Ya he vivido veintipico años allá y me apetece ver mundo. "Been there done that" como dicen los ingleses.

Por otra parte ahora vivo en Alemania y pese a estar en una de las partes mas pobres del país el nivel de infraestructuras, coste de vida y balance trabajo/vida es muy superior al de España. Por poner un ejemplo tangible, he empezado mi segundo Bachelor acá y las facilidades que te pone el estado no son equiparables a las de España. Hablo de costes de matrícula (que en según que Bundesland son literalmente 0€) becas, transporte público gratuito para estudiantes, comida baratísima en la mensa, etc. Así que supongo que como vos ves a España nosotros vemos a Alemania o a las naciones más ricas de Europa. Por otra parte tampoco me planteo quedarme en Alemania a largo plazo ya que no acabo de sentirme cómodo en su cultura (por no hablar de su pésimo tiempo y comida), aunque uno nunca sabe.

España es obviamente un país al considero mi casa y al que me encantaría volver de más mayor. Mi familia y muchos de mis amigos viven allá y les suelo visitar, pero yo vengo de una isla muy chiquita y sinceramente me daría mucha pereza volver a esa vida.

También es verdad que los españoles tenemos en general una opinión muy negativa de nuestro propio país y de sus ciudadanos, cosa que en mi experiencia compartimos con los latinos, lo que nos suele hacer hablar mal sobre España. Es un cliché pero desde que me he ido valoro las cosas buenas que tenemos, así como la falsedad de cierta idealización que hay en España sobre países como Alemania. Aún así no quiero volver y sigo viendo el pasto más verde al otro lado, por usar otra expresión anglosajona.
>>
>>1814430
I’m sorry to hear you reverted to the childhood fables and superstitions that messed up your childhood and that you were so clearly trying to escape as a young man. Trauma has a way of pushing people back. I hope you manage to overcome this, anon. Please take care.
>>
>>1814470
Blame your selves. Every black in the past that attempted to be successful got fucked over by some white jealous fucker. Be it GI Bills for college denied, their black wall street set ablaze, forty acres and a mule lied, their own business ran out, etc, whites came and destroyed.

Then fucking brainwash them with media showing them that drugs and sports is the only way to succeed and what the fuck do you expect to happen? Well tempered people & non karma justice?

Flip side give it a few more decades and the scales will start balancing themselves out more and more. Tech is seeing a lot more minorities and other high paying fields have been diversifying.

t. black anon
>>
File: 1588920952498.jpg (45 KB, 791x353)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>1814586
You don't know what escape means.
>>
>>1814586
You've never prayed as an adult? Have you ascended?
>>
>>1813019
>t. Triggered communist
Go pay tax
>>
>>1814588
I can rest easy knowing that your race is going to continue being a bunch of stupid niggers for all eternity regardless of what you fuck up along the way.

Don't like America go back to Africa.
>>
>>1810533
It made me budget my money better.
>>
>>1814708
And yet for all your advantages, you're the one crying the evil jews have tricked you, can't compete when women try to even the field, have a hero on kindergartners, and elect an ex reality star to president because he "speaks like us".

If the war worlds and 4chan have taught me anything, its that you stupid fucks will find anything to fight over, so I'm quite comfy right here mate.
>>
>>1814725
He does not speak like me, I'm literate.
Also there's really no point in having a beer with your president.
>>
>>1810533
it made me realize that every place has its ups and downs, and that anyone who tries pushing some superiority meme has either never left their own country or lacks the brainpower to comprehend this simple fact.
>>
Traveling has made me really appreciate my hometown and my culture back home. I always had a dream of living abroad someday, but after traveling to 3 continents, theres only one country besides the US I would ever want to live in, and thats Taiwan.

I think the idea of constant traveling and being a "digital nomad" is over-romanticized, and I also realized that not many people leave the major cities, or they stay in one major city for 48ish hours and then move on without diving deep into the local area, which sucks.

Also yeah it made me more right wing but thats not the main point, maybe it made me more nationalistic?
>>
>>1814770

Hell yeah, Taiwan is the tits. I'd make it my second home if I could
>>
>>1812965
You're senile. Yeah, the liberal government is ruining the country but not to third world dictatorship tier. Unironically get off /pol/
>>
>>1814772
I'm a bit curious, how's taiwan like.
I'm considering on doing a work and travel after my college studies.
>>
>>1814575
Ah, vale, entiendo completamente tu posición. Tampoco me gustaría volver a un pueblo pequeño mientras esté joven, esa posibilidad queda para cuando sea mayor. Gracias por tu respuesta!
>>
>>1815116
>>1815178
"Apathy and tolerance signal the end of a nation"

-Aristotle
>>
>>1815162
Best China
>>
>>1814173
Don't forget to buy diarrhea medicine beforehand.

>>1815162
It a mix of Japan and China.
>>
>>1810738
>I'm american

anon I....
>>
>>1810533
Travel ruined American women for me.
>>
>>1810919
I live by chinatown and little tokyo. Can confirm its a literal shit hole where other states send their homless and mentally ill
>>
>>1815301
>>1815526
Huh that sounds really appealing.
Btw how are the people like there and how do they see foreigners?
>>
>>1811887
Yeah man same. It has always been a fantasy of mine to go to space and see other planets and stuff. But now that I got a taste of what you can see on this earth through traveling I have lost interest in that and just want to explore our planet.
>>
>>1814502
Way too many Jewesses in NYC. A lot of them have slammed into the wall hard and so are desperate for any cock they can haggle onto.
>>
>>1814588
Typical nigger mindset, blaming others for their own problems. Guess what? In the US chinese were oppressed af and used as slaves too, and now they're all doctors and engineers.
>>
>>1815591
>Btw how are the people like there and how do they see foreigners?
They are pretty nice, not on the level of the Japanese, but not far off either.

>>1815557
Did you become infected with yellow fever?
>>
>>1815705
Wait I thought the japanese didn't like foreigners because they find them rude and obnoxious or am I just confusing this trope with another nation?
>>
Parents immigrated from Laos because dipshit Commie Viets tried to kill my grandparents. Traveled back for one summer before freshman year in high school and had epiphany after epiphany as I lived like a king for the first time in my life.

>Hottest the country has to offer willing to dance on your dick for American cash
>All the women are willing to follow orders
>Poor low GDP nations are most responsible for pollution
>American women fucking suck, literally and figuratively
>1st-World is a cucked society, where all men are brainwashed to forget the intense pleasures of Patriarchy....
>>
>>1815777
Also forgot to mention....

>Attitude change in regards to poverty
>Relatives survive by eating bugs from the jungle
>Realized that inner city poor deserve no sympathy
>>
>>1810642
>have no personality
>shit on southern Europe

fucking Germans, I wish they would disappear
>>
quality, refreshing thread. this is what this board should be about
>>
>>1815786
Thank god there are the Alps between our countries so we don't have to meet that often.
>>
>>1811784
> this lad believes in empiricism

kek
>>
>>1814575
Canarianon aquí, te entiendo. En mi isla hay bastantes latinoamericanos, sobre todo cubanos, venezolanos y colombianos, que ven este sitio como si fuera un paraíso terrenal sin carencias en cuanto a lo que nivel de vida se refiere, y en parte muchos canarios también lo ven así, incluida mi familia.

No obstante, después de haber viajado a Europa uno se da cuenta de lo bien que se puede llegar a vivir y de cómo es fácil conformarse con lo que uno tiene allá de donde viene. Supongo que los latinos ven en mi tierra aquello que querrían tener en la suya, pero asumo que al ser más bajos sus estándares de vida son capaces de vivir con menos.

En mi caso voy a estudiar Relaciones Internacionales el curso que viene para poder ver mundo y vivir en muchos lugares, sobre todo porque a veces siento que tengo ciertos prejuicios y racismo interiorizados cuya única forma de eliminar es, efectivamente, viajando.

Muchísimas gracias por contar tu experiencia, te lo agradezco.
>>
Yes, at how immense this world is. When you're flying over the Pacific for 10 hrs and realize that if your plane went down, they probably would never find it.
>>
>>1815777
Lao women may have been all over you but only because you are ethnic Lao too. (Hmong maybe?) There are lots of social taboos against Lao women being with foreigners. You certainly know this but others reading your post may not.
>>
>>1816976
Colombiano otra vez acá. La verdad no pienso que España sea un paraíso terrenal, también he estado en otros países de Europa y en algunos de Asia. No te niego que son mejores que España en varios aspectos, y aún así, Colombia tiene problemas muy serios que nos hacen ver España como una mejora significativa a lo que tenemos.
Ahora, me parece que sí hay muchos latinoamericanos sin mucho que ofrecer que van a España y creen que conquistaron el mundo por conseguir residencia allá, pero eso ya es un poco falto de visión, por no decir otras cosas.
>>
Went to my grandmother's birth country and realized, while the people there were very nice and it felt almost "homely," that the people who live in my ancestral homelands are just vastly different from what I am and my dream to move there seemed to dissolve when I realize that I don't really belong there. But I see it as a good thing, that this seemingly relatable place can be so different from how I live to where I hope that it stays the way it is and doesn't just feel like every other Western country. If every country felt the same it wouldn't be worth the journey.
>>
>>1812481
>>1812490
Where the hell did you guys go? Afghanistan?
>>
File: 1590612340547.jpg (283 KB, 595x585)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
>>1810533
traveling alone for as long as I did put me into a survivalist mindset. I felt homeless, never knew where Id end up that night. Kind of a thrill but after getting home I realized I had become selfish, but not prideful. It was just me. Alone. Still have that mindset somewhat. Id say it made my skin thicken up and my spine straighten a bit. I think more about me now.
>>
>>1817158
How is the standard of living in the US higher than in the rich European countries? Yes, we don't have refrigerators with integrated ice cube machines and we don't have air conditioning in most houses, but that's mostly because we don't need these things.
>>
>>1814502
Depends on where you go. Cali kinda sucks if you're not into Asians or blondes, NYC varies by neighborhood. There's a chunk of downtown Manhattan between Chambers and Broome St that's perfect for 8/10 MILF models, for instance.
>>
>>1817460
>How is the standard of living higher in the US? Yes, we have shittier appliances and fewer amenities, but that doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>1817460
The US middle and working class standards of living are lower than their counterparts in Western Europe. The US has more very rich people which pulls up the average GDP and other measurements. Sure, a family of doctors or dentists live more comfortably in the US, but middle income office workers or tradesmen? No way.
>>
File: IMG_7400.jpg (1.9 MB, 4032x3024)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB JPG
>>1815591
i went to Japan after Taiwan and kind of saw it as a more adventerous Japan. You have more outdoorsy things in Taiwan, you cant drink the tap water in taiwan, overall it feels first world with some 3rd world aspects, and I really liked that about it.
>>
it made me so much more patient. not the air travel, though i suppose it helped some way, realising its not "stupid ignorant cunts live in ____" theyre fucking everywhere, everyone is retarded so i dont hold it against people so much anymore.
>>
>>1815750
Japanese are mostly nice outwardly. I never had anyone do or say anything rude to me, but everyone was avoiding my ugly ass on trains so I'm sure that their private thoughts about me were negative
>>
For me it was a change in mindset about women. Where I'm from in Canada, the women are vapid, uncaring whores. They're all on Tinder getting pumped&dumped, they've all got $10k+ in consumer debt, all they care about is clinking wine glasses at bars/restaurants for their Instagram stories. Most sniff coke or get blackout drunk every weekend, or they're a completely nutjob addicted to SSRIs. Before traveling, I was definitely on my way to MGTOW or something equally nutty.

In Costa Rica, Vietnam, and Slovenia I was able to meet attractive women easily and regularly. The game-changer for me was how 'feminine' these girls were compared to girls in my home country. It's a good feeling knowing there are women out there more compatible with my ideal of a relationship. When I'm in my 30s, I'll probably travel abroad to find a wife.
>>
>>1817589

What are you talking about? Middle class people live extremely comfortably in the US, the COL varies from city to city though
>>
>>1817846
30 year old leaf here. Plan is to finish my job and move to slovenia or croatia to settle down. Done with western women completely.
>>
>>1817862
How do you plan to earn money? Are you already fluent in Slovene?
>>
>>1817862
Don't want to sound like I'm an expert in the subject because I'm definitely not, and I'm sure on the whole women are a lot more traditionally feminine there than most western nations, but don't expect much from Croatian girls

They are just as consumer/celebrity/degeneracy obsessed as the average western woman, maybe even more so in my experience. As far as I can tell, they are known for "wanting to be western" a LOT by their neighbouring countries.
>>
>>1817846
>>1817862
>>1817882
>>1817884

>>1817846
>>1817862
>>1817882
>>1817884

How hard is it to make friends and meet girls in Slovenia?
>>
File: girls everywhere.jpg (52 KB, 782x528)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>1817892
Probably as hard as everywhere else. Pic related.
>>
>>1810533
Considering I now live in a foreign country, different from the one I was born in and the one I grew up in, yes it has.
>>
>>1817977
You may elaborate...
>>
File: bled2018.jpg (360 KB, 2038x1013)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
>>1817892
I got lucky in Slovenia, I was beside a girl at a late night food place, she knew some English and helped me order. We got to talking, I asked if she could help show me around. She was basically my vacation gf for 2wks. We kept in contact over FB after I got back, but after 2-3mo we stopped talking.
>>
>>1817882
Im almost done a phd in chemistry, Im hoping I can get a modest job in the science/energy/chemical sector. Dont speak slovene but if the situation is good I would learn basically any language.
>>
>>1814425
LMAO
>>
>>1814556
based post, i agree 100%
>>
>>1818225
That's a lovely pic. From which country is it?
>>
>>1811664
Couldn't agree more with you. Spent a few months living in the Madagascar area and people just couldn't wrap their head around ideas that they weren't told since birth. SOE seemed a bit more progressive to me but still at the end of the day i think there's nothing better than western culture
>>
>>1817862
I find it funny how North Americans call North American women "Western women". This might surprise you but French women are way different from American women. Also, women are slutty all around the world, even in supposedly Muslim countries like Malaysia.
>>
>>1813022
Is it this one?
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/does-diversity-create-distrust/
>>
File: screencap.png (69 KB, 1591x854)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>1818225
>>1819219
>>1819221
The mods are pretty aggressive today.
http://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/1810533/#q1819219

>>1819634
"Daisy Grewal holds a B.A. in psychology from the University of California, Los Angeles, and a Ph.D. in social psychology from Yale University. "
How can Americans get a PhD without having a master's degree?
>>
>>1819639
In canada its called "bypassing". It still takes the same amount of time but you basically just turn your masters work into the beginning of a phd. Unlike europoors who make everything rigid and structural.
>>
>>1819634
This article is hilarious. It basically says that diversity is good because if you put more whites in non-white societies, the overall trust increases. Whites among themselves have the highest trust levels of all ethnicities, hence, diversity lowers their trust. All things considered: diversity is good because non-whites can live in societies with higher trust - and who gives a fuck what happens to whites.

Here is the link to the original paper: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1467-9477.2007.00176.x
>>
>>1819639
Philosophical differences on what it means to get a terminal degree. I can only speak for STEM Ph.D’s though.

>>1819641
This guy is right. Another reason why we allow a bypass is because Ph.D’s in America are typically more focused on research than their European counterparts. I’m not saying that European Ph.D’s do not do research but Americans start out early doing research as early as their bachelors where Europeans start later typically.
>>
>>1810642
You have no right to talk shit about any southern European country as germany
>>
Yeah, the west is awesome, and if I had to live where muslims or african people arel I would be the first on a rubber boat to the west.

On the other hand, the natural landscape, the resources, scale and potential of these countries is so vast and untapped, that if the native people were not there, and westerners settled all these places today, they would be nations and cities that totally eclipse what the west has with its limited space and resources.
>>
>>1819715
Don't forget that we are the ones who pay for your neet bucks.
>>
>>1814173
Overall positive.

But I'm someone who easily endures environmental hardships (heat, humidity, wind, smells, noise, ...). These are plentyfull in India.

I'm also genuinely intested in different opinions and like to hear, how people got them. Like the use of mudras (Supernatural holy gestures) as treatment for snake bites. Discussions often turn unexpetedly strange.

India drove really home to me, what it looks like to truly belive in religious tenets and adhere to them. Obviously, many opinions encountered are completely insane from every other viewpoint.

I also avoided talking about my own opinions. Very view people asked. The small groups that did were always shocked.

Main advice for good travelling: Smile.
The Indians will treat you better when you are smiling and taking things with good cheer.
>>
>>1819634
Probably
>>
>>1811030
Something like 80% of the plastic in the worlds oceans originate from rivers that go through China, India and Africa.
>>
File: 1591805141670.jpg (85 KB, 551x964)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>1815116
>Getting arrested for wearing inappropriate makeup
>>
>>1820291
That's incorrect... it's actually 95%.
https://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.est.7b02368
>>
>>1810919
Can agree to that,I went twice,but only bc some friends of mine wanted to go badly, because of hollywood tv illusions.But I went along anyway for a second time...after the trip they didn't want to return ever again.
>>
>>1817976
A timeless classic
>>
>>1819715
If you say so
>>
>>1810533
Travel made me less racist. I grew up in inner city Philly and saw a lot of criminal scumbags there, almost all black. Now I travel for a living and realize shit comes in all colors, and black people are mostly just normal people.
>>
File: HOMELESS PIC.jpg (75 KB, 1040x585)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>1814481
here's a shot of my neighbourhood now
>>
>>1823684
EDIT: Thanks for the gold kind stranger!
>>
>>1823707
1980s and 90s were unsustainable economy booms. we're only feeling the effects now
>>
Yeah, but the moments that changed me the most aren't crazy stories or interesting people. It's probably more the moments that I was driving down an empty highway reflecting on the life I have back home.
>>
>>1817846
>I used to hate the girls in my country that were getting pumped&dumped
>Then I traveled and pumped&dumped some foreign girls
>>
>>1823857
I did have some one night stands, but I also spent an entire trip with a girl and attempt a long distance relationship afterward. I also met and hung out with girls but never slept with them.
>>
>>1823656
>black people are mostly just normal people.
Please delete this
>>
>>1810919
California is the size of a country and that's the real issue, just because you got scolded by a cop and didn't like the restaurants you went to doesn't really give you a basis for drawing conclusions about the whole state.
There is a homeless problem, though, I'll grant you that. Apart from that you're getting far ahead of yourself. Sorry you had a bad time bud
>>
>>1814502
>Women in two of the largest and diverse populations in the country are atrocious

Are you being stupid on purpose?
Either area has every kind of appearance, style, and proportion. There's hardly a general character about it, except that California trends more casual in its fashions. But that can change if you move over a few blocks, because California is huge.

This is a board for informing people, not larping worldly knowledge. Quit making up shit
>>
>>1823950
>But most black people do not act like that outside of inner city thugs.
Black people act fine when they are alone or in small groups with other white people. But when black people are in the inner cities and constitute a majority of the population, they turn full-on nigger.
>>
boo hoo b00mp y00u
>>
>>1810621
What did you see there?
>>
>>1819738
A man can dream, anon.
>>
File: vlad.jpg (104 KB, 339x360)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>1817846
>in Canada, the women are vapid, uncaring whores.
Anon, I...
>>
>>1810553
This.
>>
>>1810533
i was quite the control freak but then went to india and after two horrendous week i could just let go and just go with the flow, india is an absolute shitshow and its all just pure chaos, i found peace, became much more patient and balanced after i visited. still hate indians tho
>>
>>1810533
im a pretty depressed dude but travelling has made me realise how beautiful and exciting life can be, by this i mean i saw how other people live beautiful and exciting lives, i realised i could have this too but i dont really want it, made me want to kms even more. life is so beautiful but i somehow dont care about it
>>
>>1814500

I'm a hardcore liberal American, but I've never wanted open borders, immigrants, refugees. Never. I just want greater societal safety nets (universal healthcare, UBI, etc.) for Americans, not that I want to extend that shit to foreigners or think that we have an obligation to take people in.
>>
>>1828139
You're just a religious conservative idiot. Your religion is the passport and the flag. Nationalism is what was fed to you by your country, sad that you aren't able to escape that indoctrination. Good thing you burgers are always loud as fuck about where you come from, so I don't make the mistake of talking to you when I'm traveling.
>>
I'm an autistic shut-in who could really use some self-changing experiences. And being forced to interact with random people. Is a partial language barrier better or worse for a socially awkward person? I'm hoping some of my autism would be lost in the natural stiltedness of speaking with someone who's not fully fluent in English.
>>
>>1828237
It's better. You can also afford to fuck up social situations that are cringy af. It doesn't matter, you won't be seeing these people anymore anyway. Learn to observe yourself and learn from your mistakes.
>>
>>1828139
>hardcore liberal
>racist
Ok bud.
>>
yes. i realized how my safe and cheap my country (japan) was.
>>
>>1828375
>cheap
>japan
what?
>>
>>1828315
>Racist
>Mexico has mass graves.

Pick one, brainlet.
>>
>>1814500
UN isa joke
>>
>>1814575
Hablas como idiota
>>
>>1811919
Read the posts again, buddy. He's not talking about America.
>>
>>1828315
Unusual, but this is still possible. If you live in the US with the nig-nogs, I don't know how you could possibly NOT be racist, even if you are a liberal. You can be progressive, but at the same time hate the group of people that terrorize and trash your country on a daily basis.
>>
>>1810533
It made me realize that lots of Indian, Arab and South Asian men have white male sexual fantasies.
>>
>>1810709
>made me better at asserting myself and standing up for my beliefs.

This is a good one. In India there were many times I had to be adamant about things, mostly about things I didn't want in a way that I would normally carry myself at home. I think this is stayed with me.
>>
>>1828873
>I don't need a whip
>>
>>1810859
>Moroccans
>more fun and personable
Are you fucking retarded or what? Moroccans ruin every country they immigrate to with their high crime rates.
>>
>>1830051
You clearly never encountered any Moroccans before. Get out of that basement, LARP
>>
>>1830052
t. fag
>>
>>1830051
You never really get out of the basement, it's showing...
>>
>>1817007
>There are lots of social taboos against Lao women being with foreigners
There are even laws against it. It's mostly because of their insecure men though. I met a girl in Vientiane who couldn't wait to come back to my hotel and get some BWC, despite it being illegal.
>>
>>1824186
Not making anything up, faggot. I don't live in NYC or California, but have visited both multiple times, and from a visitors perspective, that was how the women were.
>This is a board for informing people, not larping worldly knowledge. Quit making up shit
>He doesn't agree with how I feel so all of his experiences must be fictitious because there is no way the world is actually different than how I perceive it
You absolute bumbling fucking moron. Or are you an NPC who doesn't realize that other people also have their own experiences and opinions?
>>
>>1828237
Get a job.
>>
>>1817044
chileno aca, a veces siento que en latinoamerica intentamos abarcar cosas como sociedad sin tener bases solidas donde afirmarnos. Supongo que son vestigios de nuestro herencia sudaca.
>>
>>1824197
I haven't lived your protests as I'm not from the states or europe but my guess is that when uneducated people congregate for a cause they turn violent.
>>
>>1810579
This. I have zero interest in going anywhere in America after seeing SA and SEA. Only exception is I want to watch SpaceX rockets landing.
>>
>>1810533
Realized how much more the USA is a police state by traveling out of the country.

Also how sloppy and unattractive women in the USA generally are.

How even in a colder climate they can still have better roads.
>>
File: smug asuka.jpg (11 KB, 200x206)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>1810533
>travel is supposed to make you more open and less biggoted
>mfw it made me more racist
>>
>>1817976
this is so fucking stupid. whoever made those posts is a clear incel and not well travelled. some countries are so much easier to get laid in, it's ridiculous. not even SEA or Brazil or some shit. Even meeting girls in Spain or Germany was way easier than NA
>>
>>1817846
>>1817884
What does traditionally feminine mean? I don't think you're gonna have any luck finding a wife in these countries if you don't speak the language.
>>
>>1810919
>Dunno how burgers put up with Californians
Born in raised in the bay area. i hate it so much here. the only reason im here is the surf and the job. im constantly trying to find work in Hawaii or Australia or NZ. I'd do anything ANYTHING to get out of here
>>
>>1810578

ignorance is a bliss. As a higher IQ person born in Brazil, first thing I did was to leave that shithole and it has been the best decision Ive done in my whole life.
>>
>>1832323
Congrats man
>>
>Has travel ever seriously changed you?

No, but tripping on acid sure did.
>>
>>1832323
>leaves
>still cries about it
>>
>>1832625
t. faveladweller
>>
>>1832632
actually live in Japan but don't cry about Brazil online and still visit my parents there because I can't bring them here on a work visa.
>>
>>1831725
it made me hyperracist, not in the dumb /pol/glowie wignat sense, I actually ended up learning a lot about how subtle ethnic differences play some major roles in the countries I visited, usually people claim nurture beats nature but after a while I really doubt this, there's this field called human biodiversity, it gets a lot of crap because academia drones believe it's just another excuse for being raycis, but it's more than that.
Being said that, I don't hate people as much, they're just like that due their genes which they can't escape from, and this whole thing of having the world mostly dominated by an anglozog banking conglomerate that wether you like it or no subdues most of us certainly hinder their progress to a reasonable functional state/nation.
>>
>>1832633
Good for you
>>
>>1810533
I took a 9 day trip and did literally everything I wanted to do in a country of my choice. It made me reflect and realize how much time I’m spending in a job I hate and changed my mentality and priorities.
>>
>>1814433
What was your experience with gypsies and how do they compare?
>>
>>1810533
coming from Poland, visiting places like Netherlands and Norway made me realise that grass IS greener on the other side, and that 99% of the things people say about western countries on the internet are meaningless memes
>>
>>1810533
That very large parts of the world is third world. I mean I guess that something you "know" but it didn't really strike me until I travelled around abit.
>>
ITT:
>how did travel change you, Anon?
>THE JEWS AND BLACKS AND ARABS ARE EVIL
>WHITE WOMEN ARE THE DEVIL

>>1810533
To answer the OP: I was awkward and lacked confidence growing up. When I was 19 and went abroad for the first time, I didn't have any interests or hobbies aside from video games and books. Traveling by myself--especially in developing countries--contributed immeasurably to my self-esteem. Being forced to interact with strangers, ask for directions in a foreign language, and visit restaurants alone did a lot of good for me.

Beyond that, travel exposed me to a lot of things that have since become part of my everyday life--things I don't think I'd have tried or thought about had I never left home. For instance, I learned to ride a motorcycle in India back in 2015. I had so much fun that I got a bike endorsement once I returned home to the United States, and had bought my first motorcycle several months later. I've since done motorbike touring in close to a dozen different countries, and am considering riding to Colorado in another day or so.

In fact, I've had such a consistently good time in India that I've visited the country nearly 20 times in the past decade. I took Hindi courses as an undergraduate, learned to read and write using both the Devanagari and Urdu scripts, and am now pursuing a graduate degree with a region-specific research interest.

On the whole, and all things considered, travel's actually contributed quite a lot to my life. Hasn't made me more racist or any of that, either--I've found that most people, in most places, are perfectly tolerable. Sometimes I've found myself annoyed by how inefficient Indians make the simplest of tasks, or how slow shit moves in Latin America--but TBQH I don't think I've been very many places I wouldn't go again.
>>
>>1810536
This is the reason I want to travel.
>>
Just confirmed my beliefs to be honest. I'm British and went to New York once. I expected ground zero to be a place of reflection and silence. Now, I'm not bothered who died and I think those explosions were gorgeous. But I'm not going to go to a place where thousands died and be edgy about it. But I was disgusted with what I saw. People laughing and taking selfies, stalls selling things. Fuck people.
>>
>>1836332
>you think thing different than me
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
red1tors.
>>
>>1810533
No, literally everything is the same everywhere. Traveling is the ultimate prank ever played on people. Culture only matters if it's your own culture, otherwise you are just watching culture, rather than having/being culture. I'm going to move back to my fatherland, and then never leave the country for anything.
>>
I no longer belong anywhere, people think I'm fucking wierd
>>
>>1810551
Not to destroy your dreams or anything but you will probably be disappointed
>>
>>1810553
/thread
>>
>>1810862
They do. They see it incorrectly.
>>
File: vanlife.jpg (187 KB, 1000x1153)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>1810533
My mother was married 8 times. Mostly to military men because of the free health insurance and other benefits of being a "military wife". We moved a lot. A lot-a lot. I think I've either lived in or visited every single state in America. I'm not trolling. It was a whirlwind of a childhood.

This lack of stability turned me into a rolling stone. My retirement dream is to live in a van and travel some more. I have so many stories about things that changed me, that I'm actually writing a book. Changing all the names and shit, but I think I've got enough to write a trilogy.
>>
>>1836762
Oh yea I met a few people like that, born /trv/.
Good luck anon
>>
>>1810642
As a Canadian looking in, German economic policy is a disaster that’s fucked the entire Eurozone.
>>
I hate americans now
>>
>>1810862
Look into Spengler and his concept of the Faustian spirit. He claims that the development of the clock is key to understanding European cultures.
>>
>>1814586
Mormonism isn't Christian. It is an American proto-new age cult.
>>
>>1811784
I moved to San Francisco as a young man with high ideals and looking forward to experiencing it all. I left 6 years later very much to the right politically. Turns out you can only play "dog or human" so many times before it stops being funny. The last straw was coming to the door of my apartment building one morning and not being able to leave because a man had overdosed in our doorway and his corpse was holding the door shut.
>>
Travelling solo in SEA helped me a lot with my social awkwardness and even got me laid twice (not with locals)

Thanks guys, I made a thread back then and u helped me out a lot. Im so happy i brought a lonely planet to know about bus routes and restaurants with english menus
>>
>>1810533
Traveling to Europe (France and Italy in particular) made me appreciate art, other cultures, and food quality much more. Traveling to the USA made me grateful to be Canadian. I will never go back there.
>>
File: tfw.jpg (97 KB, 1000x1000)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>be 24
>lived in the same town my entire life
>still haven't left the borders of california
>>
>>1832800
and what did you do ?
>>
>>1810533
It made me more racist, but in a measured and rational way, rather than just a "I hate everyone who isn't me" kind of way.
>>
>>1839358
>24
>thinks he has one foot in the grave
lol, you were literally in your mother's womb 10 minutes ago. You have plenty of time to travel.
>>
>>1817892
It's impossible. Stay away.
>>
>>1839358
Every day you don't start your way up, is two days wasted. Start changing your life and live.
>>
>>1810533

I live in Los Angeles.

Traveling all over Japan for a month made me realize that cities can actually be walkable and filled with fun stuff while still being affordable and safe.

Also, I saw a lot of lonely looking people there, and heard that many peoples commutes on public transit can take multiple hours.

I suppose no place is perfect. I'm always glad to be home, even of it's a trash tier city.
>>
>>1810919
>>literally everything I thought Texas would be California was and everything I thought California was(friendly non racist people who are more open minded) Texas had
It's strange how everyone outside of the US thinks this and really speaks to the power of propaganda. I'm a Texan who was forced to live for a couple years in the bay area for work. When I moved back, a work friend in the Tokyo office had sincere concerns about my safety, thinking Texas is half klansmen and half gunslingers chasing people out of town. I had to explain to him that what he's thinking is California, which is half gangbangers and the other half literal Communists doing everything they can to support said gangbangers. California is truly the asshole of America.
>>
>>1824184
>just because you got scolded by a cop and didn't like the restaurants
What about the other half dozen observations he made regarding shitty people, trashed everything, the expense, etc et al?
>>
>>1814558
Colombiaanon

My gf is Colombian, I'm Aussie. Why do you feel your country is shitty?

PS, are all your women so pious? This bitch will only fuck missionary.
>>
It made me realise how there are more people than ever but the percentage of winners:losers is and always will be exactly the same, everywhere, and that no matter how unique your think your positive or negative experiences are, they have already occurred countless times over in countless places

travelling destroyed my ego
>>
>>1842651
That sounds interesting, could you elaborate? Personally, I’ve travelled to many countries but for holidays only, and overall find the ego death hard to achieve
>>
>>1842662
Take a decent amount of LSD for ego death.
>>
>>1842956
>Side effects may include PTSD, psychosis and anxiety.
>>
>>1842956
No drugs in my country

>>1843035
Don’t need LSD to give me anxiety
>>
>>1810929
Austin here. Most of our populous comes from California anyway, retard.
>>
Taught me that all humans are fundamentally the same and the powers that be have an interest in keeping us all divided due to greed & malice.

Sad thing is this greed & malice is an inherent part of humans. Its just some humans got lucky and have the ability to exercise that.

tl;dr. Humans are shit.
>>
>>1815272
Fakequote McPolnigger
>>
>>1810578
i am south american and you are right.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.