[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1562771093347.jpg (831 KB, 2016x1512)
831 KB
831 KB JPG
Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread
>also known as /sqt/ (Stupid Questions Thread)

For any and all of your one-off questions that pertain to travel.

If your question is specific to a popular destination (eg. Thailand, Japan, Germany, Italy, etc.), check to see if there's a relevant general before asking it here.

If your question is administrative in nature (eg. visas, passports, customs/immigration, airport/airline policies, etc.), be as specific as possible. Such information may include, but is not limited to your nationality, where you're going, any layover points, etc. These details do get missed quite often, and they sometimes can make a difference.

Previous thread: >>1760193
Sticky: >>609350
Experimental Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/Bn0ZtP6D

If you follow the advice of any posts in this thread or the contents of any external links, you do so at your own risk. Only you are responsible for any resulting outcome.
>>
Where's the best place to fly to in Spain? I want somewhere the least commercial, just a nice little atmospheric place.

I saw a place called Reus that seemed nice but I know nothing about it.
>>
Are you able to travel to another country with the lock downs under the current covid situation if you have a "legitimate" reason?
I don't think business would be sending people overseas on business trips right now, but I was accepted into a graduate program, and I'm wondering if I'd be able to fly overseas at all (from the US) if all the restrictions stay in place a few months from now.
>>
>>1804829
How do i travel inside the US as a foreigner? Can i take a greyhound or something? Are airplane flights inside the country cheap? Like i will be in NYC but i want to know more about the northwest and the steppe, how do i get there without burning a bill.
>>
>>1805350
Greyhounds are cheap.
Interstate flights are a few hundred dollars. Definetly go for the greyhound bus. It'll be cheap, but youll be staying at motels etc that sometimes arnt that flash. But it'll give you a chance to see more of the country and if you want to spend an extra few days in a nice town or city you can.

My question is.
I want to hike/ backpack from like India to Europe. Maybe a few busses here and there, but mainly just walk. I'm fit, do this stuff locally, but i just want to get away for a long time and explore and adventure. I dont paticurly want to do it with some tour group where you pay thousands of dollars for shit I dont paticurly need. Anyone been travelling between those countries, do they have hike trails, am i going to get beheaded or eaten by some animal. Any info would be greatly appreciated, everything ive googled are like 30 day trips in one country and too touristy.
I've thought about using workaway to find places to stay for a week or so, while i do some work, get free food explore then be on my way.
>>
File: image.jpg (409 KB, 1600x1000)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
Is it possible to do Neuschwanstein as a day trip from Garmisch-Partenkirchen? Or rather, will it be possible when we can travel again? Rome2Rio says it's only an hour, but Lonely Planet says it's too far away. Is it better to do it on my own, or go with a group?
>>
>>1805873
Lol there are no hiking trails, you will have to walk along a dusty busy highway. Also you are allowed to stay only 30 days in Pakistan, Iran and Turkey which is not even close to the amount of time you need to cross them on foot
>>
>>1805350
Fly long distance obviously.
For short distance you can take a bus if you want to move between two cities, but to go to a national park or some small town you need to drive yourself.
All transport in the US is extremely expensive, pretty much take Switzerland prices and multiply by 2 to get Greyhound prices, multiply by 5 to get Amtrak prices. Car rental costs reasonably, about $30/day + gas.
>>
>>1805873
Sound like a super dumb idea and the most boring trip ever. You will spend 99.9% of the time walking along some road or in small villages in the middle of nowhere that all look the same with nothing to do.
>>
Recommendations for the best day hikes in the Grand Tetons? Got two days here before moving spending the next couple after that in Yellowstone.
>>
File: holy shit.jpg (353 KB, 640x2606)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
>>1805873
>I want to hike/ backpack from like India to Europe
If there ever was a question deserving its own thread, it's that one. Anyway, as others have said, it doesn't sound like a very exciting adventure, for many reasons
>unless you speed march military style, it will literally take years
>no hiking trails, glhf walking along highways in Pakistan
>boring scenery and nothing to see or do the majority of the time
>long stretches, especially in Iran, of very warm climate and few people, you have to drag 5+ liters of water per day for miles on end, without meeting another human being
>visas will be a problem as said above, you might have to fly out of a country because your visa expires, get a new one, fly back in and continue
>crossing Pakistan overland is not safe, certainly not by foot, Iranian and Turkish Kurdistan isn't that great either
Probably more that I can't think of too.

To be honest, it doesn't sound like you've travelled a great deal. Nothing wrong with that, you're allowed to have dreams, but if you really want to travel from India to Europe overland, you should rather look at hitchhiking or bicycling. If you just want to hike however, there are several long and famous treks to consider:
>King's Trail (Kungsleden), Sweden
440 km in Northern Sweden
>Pilgrim's Route (Pilegrimsleden), Norway
640 km from Oslo to Trondheim
>Westweg, Germany
285 km through the Black Forest
>Annapurna Circuit, Nepal
230 km encircling the Annapurna massif

Those are just the ones I could think of off the top of my head. Well established, well researched treks you can do for free. By just googling "Europe long distance treks", I get tons of results, none of which are ads for paid excursions. I'd go with that instead if I were you.
>>
>>1807094
I think I worded it wrong.
I want to travel through them areas, not hike the whole way, but say between two bigish towns there was a highway, or a 3-4 day hike, through some mountains with a lake/ waterfall or something cool. id do the hike, but say between hikes it is just a highway, then yea id obviously save time and just get a bus as there is nothing to see.
Just wandering if anyone gone through that region on a long trip.

been and done europe, central asia is next on my list. and I figured the best way to see it would be backpacking, hiking the mountains and wilderness and using busses to explore the little towns etc
>>
>>1806922
Rent a car Anon. Drive there, it takes an hour
>>
>>1807444
Dumb idea anyway.
In some countrys they have more or less war
Most countrys are just dessert. No lake or waterfalls.
>>
What's the plumbing situation in Latin America, particularly Bogota or Sao Paulo? Can you flush toilet paper or do you need to use one of those little trash cans?
>>
>>1807827
Bogotano here, I have flushed toilet paper my entire life. Everyone still uses the shit bins though. Don't go too land of the free with your toilet paper usage and you're good.
>>
Need food recommendations for Croatia, Romania, Serbia.. that part of the world. Any food that I must try?
>>
>>1807836
Cool, thanks! I don't necessarily mind the existence of those shit bits, as long as the lid stays on and I do not have to use them.
>>
Is there a site that lists what the current status of every border is amid COVID?
>>
I was meaning to escape from my shithole of a country but due to this covid pandemic work visa restrictions are becoming crazy in both AUS & NZ.
I really don't want to go back to my country, things are becoming more and more shitty, and its becoming more and more difficult for me to save enough to travel to cool places around the world (basically the only reason that keeps me from becoming a hero atm) retarded economics.
Anyone know how the IT scene is looking in the SEA area? particularly Thailand or Vietnam?
>>
any decent organizations to volunteer with and go do work around the world with? preferably one where im not paying out my ass to go slave away. I don't mind doing the manual work etc, but Im sure as shit not paying to do it.
>>
>>1807857
Second this request. It looks like parts of europe are about to start opening up to each other and I may get some trips done this summer.
Would love a source, like world meter, that collects travel status in various coutries.
>>
>>1807801
I don't have a driver's license, they're quite expensive in my country.
>>
>>1808238
Should still be cheaper than a plane ticket, and sure as hell lasts longer. Also opens up a lot more employment opportunities.
>>
>>1807827
Personally, I would only flush toilet paper in third-world countries *if* the paper is single-ply, or if it's a thin/low-quality two-ply. If it's one of those thick/durable brands like Charmin, I wouldn't risk it.
>>
>>1808406
What part of "expensive" didn't you understand? Do you think I don't know the benefits of having a license? Do you really think I'm unable to compare prices between a plane ticket and getting a license? If that shit was cheaper than a plane ticket to fucking Germany, of course I'd go and get it asap, but trust me, it isn't.
>>
>>1808437
You could just tell me how much a driver's license costs in your country instead of pooping your diaper.
>>
>>1808408
Flushing two-ply is perfectly good in third world countries as long as you use it responsibly. Really, you don't need more than 3 pieces per cut with such thick paper anyway.
>>
>>1805350
Do not take a god damn greyhound unless you want to get raped by a pack of niggers. I took the grey hound into Atlanta and Jesus it was FUCKED. I’m not exaggerating when I say 4 different niggers asked if I wanted drugs. I was there for an hour
>>
>>1808628
I generally avoid Greyhounds because I don't want to get beheaded by a cannibalistic chink.
>>
I'm bored in lock down so I've been looking up random countries to see places I might go one day. Today I've been looking at Ukraine.
Looking on google images at Odessa, so many pictures of girls keep appearing. My question is - is Odessa just well known for prostitution or is just a city with lots of beautiful women? I suspect the former but I've never googled a city before and just been flooded with this kind of shit.
>>
My girlfriend and I want to take a road trip away from Dallas. We’ve never been to California and were considering L.A. Any recommendations for a fun road trip to anywhere? We’d like to find a nice beach, ive never been to the ocean. We’re wide open.
>>
Anybody know when this retarded two week travel quarantine stuff will be over UK. I'm sure this is the only thing stopping most of us now.
>>
>>1808663
So you wanna go on a trip with your gf? Are you a boomer or something? Just kys, boomerfag!
>>
>>1805350
>>1808638
>>1808628
I've taken greyhound tons of times. It's cheap, you can get around. Just don't be a coward and also ignore anyone who tries to talk to you.
>>
>>1808658
I guess it's a bit of both. Ukraine is a known origin country for mail order brides, and they also have some really beautiful women. I've been to Odessa and it's not like it's some degenerate sin city with prostitutes on every corner. It's actually quite nice.
>>
>>1804829
Can anyone give me a quick rundown on Ireland? As far as moving to, visiting, etc etc? I live in fagafornia and I'm ready to move somewhere else. I've got quite a few friends in Canada, but I've been having dreams of running off somewhere else, by myself.
>>
South Africa and autism. Yes or no? Im thinking namibia, maybe botswana. Mainly into outdoorisms.
>>
Is all of South America full of trannies or just Brazil?
>>
whats place you most likely to get malaria?
>>
>>1809232
>>
>>1805350
you can take a greyhound, a megabus, or one of the many regional Trailways buses. Given the distances involved, though, you might want to consider flying. It's like being in Ireland and saying you're curious about Baghdad but you don't want to fly there, and there are no fast trains because that would take away from car companies' profits
>>
How attractive is your average Scottish girl?
I love red heads and I love Scottish accent. How would my odds as an Australian in Scotland be?
>>
>>1808663
route 66?
aren't there tones of songs, movies etc about taking that route to california and having a great time
>>
>>1809467
Mate there are probably just as many red heads down under than there are here.

>Same rule stands world over: if you can pull in your home country there's every chance you'll be the same abroad; unfortunately vice versa applies.
>>
>>1809020
Not Ireland. It’s way more rural and poor than you’d expect. Even dublin is only a small city. Alcoholism is a very real problem. Locals told me all about how shit it is.

Unless you just want a remote sea side house, I’d look elsewhere
>>
My friend and I are planning on backpacking through Scandinavia but we have no clue on what cities to visit or any other landmarks. Any recommendations?
>>
>>1809868
Pretty sure the hookers will still be available, anon. We all know that's why you're going there, and I don't think COVID-19 would scare them, seeing as they risk far deadlier illnesses in their career.
>>
>>1806922
Just take the bus. Go to the Garmisch train station, there's a ticket helper center in the south east corner of the small station, you can't miss it, and if you do you're a fucking retard, anyway go to the ticket helper station. In English tell them your plans to see Neuschwanstein for a day. You'll want to buy the ticket at least one day in advance since you'll leave early in the morning. Early morning means no fucking tourists. Anyway, ask for a ticket and a return ticket. Ask them if it's possible to do this with a "Bayern Ticket" (its a day pass for any transportation ((minus subways in Munich, and ICE trains)) in the state of Bayern. It's not too far away. You can do it both as a group or alone. Also buy tickets to Newschwanstein online so you don't have to wait all fucking day in line, then all fucking day to see it.
Here's where you reserve the tickets:
>https://www.hohenschwangau.de/1392.0.html
The ticket pickup line is way, way, way faster, so don't fuck it up, retard.

You might as well do both Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau Castle tours. The Neuschwanstein is far more beautiful but super fast, so you'll feel cheated. The Hohenschwangau one is longer, and people actually got to live there.

What else do you plan on doing in Garmisch-Partenkirchen?
Here are the best restaurants:
>Zum Wildschütz
Hands down the best in town. You'll never eat there for dinner without a reservation on any night its open, but for lunches its slow so you can walk in for lunch.
>Zur Schranne
The fucking best, hands down, no question about it. I've been eating there for 10 years.
>Bar Fiaker
Small, small, small place but overall decent food.
>Jan's Kneipe
Not for the food thats just okay, but its such a townie bar is amazing to experience. Everyone is super fucking wasted, and really friendly.
>Südtiroler Speckstüberl Mayr Andreas
Great cheese and bacon. Again its more of a bar but really fun, and local.

What else would you like to know about my city?
>>
>>1809872
we’re all well-traveled men, so let’s not pretend as though Thailand hookers are still something worth paying for ?
>>
My girlfriend and I are new to traveling, her more than me. We're planning a trip to New Orleans for Halloween weekend. Main goals of the trip is to just have fun, eat and drink a lot and see the parades and shit. What should we try to do? Is there a good "haunted" hotel we could book? Are ghost tours worth it?
>>
>>1810218
I'm the wrong person to ask. By default, I typically do not find Southeast Asian women attractive, so I do not make any conscious effort to have sex with them. I'm not above paying for sex, though, I'm still a degenerate. But I haven't spent a single cent on SEAsians. With all that said and done, I personally do not care if other men choose to have sex with SEAsian women, and I do not care if these same men choose to pay for it. That's their prerogative; if it makes them happy, then I don't care what they do.
>>
Got a question for EU/Schengen Area citizens, especially the ones who live in tourist areas.

Does it bother you at all that English is practically an economic requirement? Most of you have fascinating cultures & languages in their own right, but it seems like English is a necessity to get by. And of course, the people who speak the most English are the Brits, Americans, and Australians, who are some of the most disliked tourists on Earth. So in a way, you're kinda doing it for them.

So yeah, do you guys hate speaking English in a country where English isn't the official language? Or do you guys actually not mind at all? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
If you have a driver's license that comes with conditions (example: a novice license that doesn't allow more than one passenger), would that affect your ability to get an IDP? What are the chances of law enforcement in a foreign country actually enforcing such conditions?
>>
I'm debating between driving in the 48 contiguous states, or flying to each of them. Which one is more economical, and which one is more fun?
>>
what's the deal with the korean incel? how long has he been here?
>>
>>1812077
Driving is the likely and easy answer to both.
>>
>>1812094
>Which one is more fun? Well, how the fuck should we know? We know nothing about you.
lmao, you can't give a subjective answer based on personal experiences or anecdotes? what a dork
>>
>>1810211
Based, thanks for all that information Anon! I want to go to the Zugspitze summit while I'm there, otherwise I haven't planned much. Anything in particular you recommend?
>>
>>1807935
You have to have A Bachelors degree
>>
>>1812077
I've never been to the US, but at a glance, driving would be 100x better. US cities, with a few exceptions, seems to be mostly soulless skyscrapers and urban sprawl, while the real beauty and many big tourist attractions lie between the cities. If your goal is just to visit all 48 states in order to cross them off a list, then flying would at least be faster, but if you actually want to VISIT each state, then I can't imagine doing it any other way than driving.
>>
>>1812800
I have a dual trade?
have medical experience, stuff that I wouldve thought would be ideal. plus im not some weak woman who would bitch and moan for an entire week every month, complain about icky things, and get sexually harassed by third worlders.
>>
>>1812803
Remember that thing you said about never been to the US? Please STFU then.
>>
>>1812820
Fly then, you dumb fuck. I'm sure you'll love seeing 48 slightly different variants of skyscrapers.
>>
File: Untitled.png (83 KB, 1846x567)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>1812851
Just wanna set the record straight here and say that we're not the same person; I wouldn't go out of my way to be abrasive to other people, especially when they're trying to help. God bless.
>>
I want to start an instagram showing photos of places I've traveled to, among other things. What camera would you guys recommend I buy?
>>
Is travelling with dogs doable? Or will everything (i.e. hotels, sightseeing, transport, etc) become 1000x more difficult?
>>
>>1813154
If your dog isn't a complete asshole, it's pretty doable.
>>
Are there any Eastern European/Central Asian cities (or even towns) with lots of pre-modern architecture? Don't really care about anything else.
>>
>>1810446
I'd rather have it be English than Mandarin Chinese or Arabic.
>>
>>1804829
stonerfriends, where have you gotten/bought the best weed?
>>
>>1813163
How would you go about looking for dog-friendly hotels and locations? Also, how about flights?
>>
Any good destinations for people who like going to western Austria (around Innsbruck) in SUMMER?
>>
>>1804829
Hello,

With the coronavirus and everything I am finding that I will be working from home permanently going forward. I am currently a filthy apartment dweller. I am trying to figure out how viable it would be to drop my lease and take off on the open road across America. My requirements are: I need a wired connection to the internet five days a week. Is it possible to stay at motels for $1000 a month? And do they even offer hardline connections? I doubt it. Is there a device that will provide me withy internet anywhere (for a few) and allow me to plug directly in? This could be a good opportunity to try living in different places for weeks at a time, wondering if I could make this work. Anyone ever lived like this? I can save money by sleeping in my car on the weekends, especially since I want to do a lot of /out/ stuff with my free time.
>>
>>1806922
Absolutely. I have done a day trip to Neuschwanstein from Seefeld in Austria, so it’s definitely possible from Garmisch. It really is a great day out, really worth going. I’m fairly sure that tours of the inside of the castle only take place as guided ones. It doesn’t really matter I don’t think if you do in a group or not.
>>
What countries are good for long cross country hiking? Like walking from one point of the country to another. Are there any East Asian countries good for this purpose?
>>
>>1813325
Don't know any East Asian ones in particular (except Nepal, which is strictly speaking South Asia), but there are loads in Europe. The most famous one would arguably be Camino de Santiago, which at its longest is around 800 km I believe.
>>
>>1813325
>>1813325
yea this is what im looking for to
Nepal , georgia and Kyrgyzstan seem like good places to do it for cheap, although you may need to bus it a few times. anyone have any good South America ones.
>>
>>1813168
The "stan" countries are pretty good for that.
>>
>>1813560
Tierra del Fuego but you'd need a canoe.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (34 KB, 512x384)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
What's a good first African country to visit that isn't South Africa? I was thinking Namibia, Rwanda, and Ghana, but I am interested in hearing from people who have experience with traveling in Africa.

If it helps narrow it down, my personal interests include food, scenery, and local cultures. General sightseeing, I guess. Would be nice if photography is allowed/not frowned upon (I know Nigeria & Chad hate cameras). I'm not opposed to visiting the occasional tourist trap. I have only a moderate level of interest in drinking since that's indirectly related to food. Trying local unique liquors, sure. Clubbing/getting drunk, not so much.
>>
>>1805350
The one time I tried a greyhound bus from Los Angeles to Phoenix, I had to sit next to a smelly (and possibly homeless) man. Never again.

My experience with intercity Chinatown busses has been better. I did New York City to Washington DC, and there were no problems, and it was cheap.
>>
>>1807857
>>1807953
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm
>>
>>1814336
Thanks.
>>
>>1814336
It's difficult to make some smaller countries out, but it looks like Mexico and Serbia are pretty much the only countries you can go to without having to do a 14 day quarantine. Can anyone confirm?
>>
Recently watched the film Tuna Girl on Netflix set in Kindai University Aquaculture Research Institute in Kushimoto town, Wakayama Prefecture, Japan. In this photo, you see the trees in background, I see them all over images of Japan. What exactly are they?
>>
>>1814348
trees
>>
>>1813252
Bump
>>
>>1814348
Try /out/
>>
>>1814369
fucking based
>>
>>1814348
This is a really crazy idea, but have you considered emailing the university and asking them directly? I know, it's maximum cringe, but it wouldn't hurt to try, and you might get lucky.
>>
>>1813252
How about flights, indeed. What's a dog supposed to do if it needs to "go to the bathroom" during a long-haul flight?
>>
>>1814816
Go to the bathroom
>>
>>1814829
Dogs don't actually use toilets, not everything from the Simpsons is real.
>>
>>1814924
Pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>1814327
Mate of mine went to Ghana some years ago and he absolutely loved it. Whatever you do, don't make Kenya your first, like I did, lol. It's dirty and polluted as fuck, and Kenyans are unironically quite racist towards foreigners.
>>
>>1814327
Any of those 3 countries would be a good option. Just research te cultures and sights in each and decide which you’d prefer.
Africa, even the “beginner” countries, can be a kick in the balls if you haven’t experienced a rough country in Asia or South America first.
>>
>>1815042
>Africa, even the “beginner” countries, can be a kick in the balls if you haven’t experienced a rough country in Asia or South America first.
The "roughest" country I've been to is India, both north and south. The second-roughest is Sri Lanka. India was a serious shitshow for me; having survived that ordeal, I feel damn-near invincible now.
>>
>>1815037
I was thinking of doing Kenya first just because the flights are cheapest to there. Then I would head off to Ethiopia or Rwanda on a one way flight or over the land borders. Thoughts?

Should I get the yellow fever vaccine in the USA or is there a cheaper option?
>>
whats the best time of year to visit east euro cities like Budapest, Praha, Bucharest etc?
>>
I can't afford China. How much cheaper is Taiwan? It's my only hope.
>>
>>1815303
My experience from Kenya still stands, but you do you. I know people who went there and had a good time. Just know that Nairobi has at times been ranked the most dangerous city in Africa, that's above hellholes like Johannesburg and Lagos. If you do go, make sure to check out the coast, not just the interior. It's much nicer, especially Lamu was dreamy.
>>
Anyone been to Iraq or Iran? Which one is more expensive?
>>
>>1816902

Iran by about 25%
>>
>>1816902
>>1815548
>>1815533
do you people ever give more info or do you just expect some anon to write 10 full length posts answering basically every question you might have.
>>1815533
tell people what type of shit youre into, dont just say ''whens good to visit here''
say ''I want to go to xx to ski, when do I go''

>>1815548
>>1816902
can you retards not google?
again it depends how you want to live while youre there. add some fucking infomation.

>>1814327
this is the type of shit you should be posting.
>>
Is there a place in this stupid world where there are no restrictions caused by the fake virus?
>>
File: garmisch.png (1.7 MB, 1277x673)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
>>1812517
Depends on when you come really. During the summer time there's almost always some sort of festival or event. Wednesday evenings in the summer a concert band plays outside of the Richard Strauss building.

>Rent a bike a ride it around town, for a challenge ride it up to the Eibsee.
>Werdenfels Castle ruins is a hike calm trail to "hike". super easy
>Kriegergedächtniskapelle Garmisch
-Nice open field to take in the view.
-Just be fucking respectful. Ask yourself, do you think those boys (some as young as 16) ever had a choice?

If you're into hiking in order of degree of difficulty:
No gear is needed, just putting one foot in front of the other for all of these
> Mt. Wank
has lift midway, and at the top
decent place to grab a beer and eat midway and at the top
playground on top if you bring kids
2 hr hike
> Mt. Kreuzeck
longer more scenic way up
Lift on the way down
decent places to grab beer and eat
3.5 hr hike
>Mt. Kramer
No lift
Only place to stop is 1 hour into the hike
8 hr hike (but worth it)

By Train
>Highline179
>Day trip to Oberammergau
-best place to Alpine sledding on a tack during summer
-lots of authentic, locally made items from wood carvings
>Griesbräu in Murnau
-Great local brewery in a nice laketown in the Alps.
>Mittenwald
-A small but touristy town (not as touristy as Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
-Home to the best beer in the area Mittenwalder
>Seefeld in Tirol, Austria
-Cool little place tucked away in the Alps
-Yes, it can be touristy but its still a nice area to explore the nature
>Andechs Monastery just south of Munich

Stuff more for rental cars:
>Linderhof Palace
>Durnbach War Cemetery
-Allied War Cemetery
>Kloster Benediktbeuern
-Monastery that makes it own beer
-beautiful area

I highly suggest going to a spa in any of these locations. Its the perfect way to relax. Yes, you have to get naked in front of other people, but you get over that real quick.
>>
>>1817362
Look for the countries who suffer the most because of this "fake virus"
>>
File: Can-I-go.png (327 KB, 700x958)
327 KB
327 KB PNG
Does anyone know if Portugal is actually accepting North Americans? Their website says yes, but only with reciprocity, which I believe currently neither Canada nor the States are offering. But it's worded vaguely, and I'm finding conflicting information on whether or not that's actually being enforced.
I know their direct flights start in July so I assume everything will be fine by then, but I'd be going next week through Amsterdam and I don't want to get stuck anywhere.

pic related is their current rules
>>
how do you search the whole world on airbnb? so without entering a location. you used to be able to do this now you can't.
>>
What are the most basic requirements for doing something like the Camino de Santiago? How fit should you be? What sort of backpack and how large? Should you rely on hostels/hotels or bring a tent?
What are some beginner tips?
>>
>>1818484
Also, how much should I budget per day?
>>
>>1817371
Thanks a ton my man, I'll save that for when it's feasible to travel again.
>Mt. Wank
That's the best name for a mountain ever.
>>
>>1818484
I spoke to a guy over on /int/ the other day who had done St. Olavs Way in Norway, 640 km, and he said he spent 30 days. He was going to do the Camino this year, but couldn't because of Corona. He had set aside 40 days for it. He said you didn't need to be in top shape, but you should be able to walk 20 to 30 kilometers a day with a backpack. Try out some hiking routes near you and see if you'd be able to. He slept in his tent mostly, but said there were cabins and guesthouses along the route intended for pilgrims, I assume it's the same along the Camino. No idea about gear or budget.

This is all second hand information, do with it as you want. I'm horribly out of shape, but I want to be able to do a hike like that in a few years. Currently I can only walk about 3-4 km before calling it a day, lol.
>>
Any advice or criticism welcome.

Was planning to do this in August when the rona has died down more with two friends of mine.

Must sees are:

· Vierwaldstättersee in Switzerland which is basically heaven.
· Lucca because it is an exceptionally beautiful city without tourists, and in the proximity of the Apennines.
· Besançon, another beautiful French city without a lot of tourists, and near the Jura mountainrange which is lovely too.

Because it is too much to drive from most places to another, we have made one-night stops about halfway. These are:
Lago Maggiore between Lucerne and Lucca
Aosta valley between Lucca en Besançon
Strasbourg OR Luxembourg OR the Vosges between Besançon and Hattem (where we departed from).

Any recommendations or haters are welcome.

Addresses blurred for privacy.
>>
>>1819229
Hattem wat voor kankersukkel ben jij dan
>>
>>1819259
I didn't decide to live there but a friend of mine was born there so please don't swear faggot
>>
>>1819505
Instead of going on your gay-ass roadtrip go to thailand and get fucked in the ass by some ladyboys, you seem like the twinkie type
>>
Is it cheap or country hop (prior to corona) like Cambodia, Indonesia, Philippines etc? In what order?

Or is it better picking one coming from Aus?

I know it’s possible to get between Korea and Japan for about $20 but that’s an extreme example
>>
>>1819565
100-200$ ish between most of those countries. thats flying cattle class, with only a hand luggage bag, maybe a checked bag and its on some shit airline. you can get busses and ferry's etc. for cheaper, but you'll need to travel one end of the country to the other to get to your next country.
>get a list of 3-4 countries you want to visit (or however many youre after)
>find things in those countries you want to do
>try to plan the whole thing so after one activity/ town you go to the next activity/ town which is closer to your next country.
>once you have a route/ idea of what you wanna see
>look up local busses/ ferry's/ airlines etc, that run between countries
>????
>travel
>>
>>1819541
Consider neck rope fucking tosser
>>
Is Mexico safe for a female to visit solo? Specifically Tulum. There are no covid bs restrictions so I want head over. I’m from Europe so I have all these Mexico bad thoughts my family keeps pushing.

Just wanna rent some place for a month or two and work in peace
>>
>>1819870
If you're staying within resorts, yes, it's safe for a female to visit solo. Everywhere else, not so much.

It's reasonably safe-ish in touristy marketplaces, but you won't be taken seriously unless there's a male in your presence. If you shop solo, you're far more likely to be ripped off than if you were accompanied by a male.

I don't know how young/attractive you are, but in Mexico, if a sexual assault/harassment occurs, they often will blame the victim. If you wear a miniskirt, bikini, tube top, etc., they'll just say that you're asking for it. While the US, Canada, and Europe are trying to dispel such notions, it's still very much a thing in Mexico.

Long story short, it should be okay as long as you don't go actively looking for trouble. Bring a dude with you, if possible, even if it's your little brother. Avoid dressing like a roastie.
>>
>>1819876
thanks for the reply anon

I'm quite young. Don't have any male to go with me + I prefer traveling alone. I don't dress like a roastie either but in very hot weather who wears full length clothes.

Wish I were born male lol
>>
>>1808628
Lol I’ve been to that greyhound. It really is sketchy as fuck. I had a few niggers asked if I wanted to buy drugs too in the short time I was there. It’s right next to a jail or prison if I remember correctly
>>
>>1820054
Hi! Few things to start off with =] 1. Yes I responded to you because you're a female channer, 'tis an awesome thing to see! 2. I'm Brian. 3. Don't be intimidated, but I'm not a stereotypical guy. If anything, I'll be the one in the kitchen =D. If you would like to vacation together let me know, I’ll make sure to keep you safe XD!
>>
>>1820059
fuck off brian, I've gone through this on /fit/ at least 20 times
>>
>>1820054
Another mexican here, i mostly agree with what the other dude said, but a few thing could be misinterpreted.

You'll be safe in any midly touristic zone in the way that you will not run into any real risk, but everything is overpriced, specially clothing and snacks. Try looking for where the locals buy, ask them if there is and where is the "mercado municipal". Oxxos are a good place to look for a coffee or any prepacked snack and they're (almost always) safe from "tourist zone tax"

Do dress very conservatively, not only to avoid catcalling and such but because everyone does, and if you don't everyone will know you're a tourist which is not always a good thing.

All given, even as a young female solo you will be fine. Just a quick tip would be to wait just for one more month, or at least until july, most covid restrictions has been lifted but there still are many touristic places restringed
>>
>>1820105
Thanks anon, those are good tips.

By conservative, how conservative? I don't tend to dress provocatively anyway, but in hot weather are the standard shorts (without my ass hanging out) and tshirt sleeves okay?
>>
>>1820108
>tshirt sleeves
short sleeves**
>>
>>1820108
T-shirts are okay. Shorts that go down to the knees are barely okay, but if you can cover more skin, the better. If you're going to a super-catholic place, then an ankle-length skirt is recommended.
>>
I live in the US. I want to travel somewhere north where it's cooler and spend a few months renting out a cabin that has the absolute basics: wood, stove, hot water, shower, toilet, etc. How long could 5k last me?
>>
>>1820131
I don't know if you want to stay close to or within the US, but I visited northern Norway in the winter and it was very picturesque and cosy. I was in Tromso. You could rent a place in Norway for $800-$1k from what I see on airbnb. Their food is quite expensive though
>>
>>1820157
Yeah, sorry, I should have specified more. I wanted to stay within the US. Norway is certainly someplace I'd like to go someday, though.
>>
Could someone please tell me what's the official national athem of New Zealand?
I always thought it's the first verse of the national anthem twice, first in Māori and then in English. However i noticed during the Olympics and also Fifa women's football 2019 in France, only the English part was played. I hope someone can give me an answer to why that happened. Thank you in advanced
>>
>>1808663
Head straight to California/LA in the most direct route that you can. You can visit beaches and stuff in LA.

Then take Highway 1 north to San Francisco - the views are amazing along this highway and I've heard that sometimes you can see whales off in the distance. Stay for a bit in San Francisco because it's a neat place with a lot to do. Visit the piers.

From San Francisco, you begin to return home by way of Yosemite National Park, stay there and hike for a while and take in more awesome views.

After that, spend a night in Vegas and do some hiking and sightseeing at the Grand Canyon or any of the various, beautiful national parks in that area.

Then head home (because I don't know of anything to do in New Mexico).

There, I just gave you something to do for a few weeks.
>>
I was about to go on a trip I’ve been wanting to do for years. Earlier today I broke the fuck out of my hand in several places. What’s the easiest way to kill yourself trv?
>>
>>1821052
I've never broken a bone before, so enlighten me here: what is specifically preventing you from traveling? I've seen people of many different disabilities traveling. Granted, a broken hand sounds shitty and makes things more difficult, but I didn't know it could be this prohibitive.

I don't say this often, especially on 4chan, but DON'T kill yourself.
>>
What's a good case/protector to use for passports? Ideally, it would protect against water damage, folding/bending, tearing, crushing/compression, etc. Basically a waterproof hardcase. What's good? Doesn't matter whether it's designed for passports, or it's a generic item that happens to work with passports.
>>
>>1821052
glue your hand to your temples then hang yourself with piano wire, eventually your head will come off and people will think you ripped your own head off
>>
>>1821052
You know people with missing limbs have literally climbed Mt. Everest?

Seriously though, not trying to trivialize your injury, but having an injured hand doesn't really stop you from traveling. Unless you require hospitalization or you've planned specific activites which need two hands, like setting up a tent or bicycling, I can't see it being something other than an inconvenience. You can still go on public transport, take pictures of stuff, drink beer, your injury could even be a fucking conversation starter with girls. I fucked up my foot a few years back, just two weeks before I had planned a backpacker trip through Europe. I still went, and today I do remember what a nice trip that was, and not how my foot was killing me, lol.
>>
Will US citizens living in EU be turned away at borders if flying within the EU?
>>
So a Russian tourist visa is only 30 days. Is there a way to stay longer? I'm from the UK

I know there's a business visa too, is that a viable option? I work online as a freelancer, don't know if there's anything I can do with that
>>
>>1821273
Don't overthink it, just put it in a lockable tupperware container, my nigga. It won't survive a tsunami, but it sure as hell can take a puddle.
>>
>>1821582
Are you a literal retard? If you have a long term visa or residency (aka not a fucking tourist visa) you'll be fine.
Second when fucking border are you taking about? It's within the EU dipshit.
>>
File: 1578261504321.jpg (105 KB, 750x795)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>1822003
take a chill pill kiddo
>>
File: elotime.jpg (1.57 MB, 2443x2455)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB JPG
My gf and I are traveling from New York (state) to Massachusetts for vacation in 3 weeks by driving. I read on MA's gov website that visitors are advised to self quarantine for 14 days before entering but essential workers are exempt. I assume they mean if you travel to MA for work you are exempt, but if we are both essential workers (grocery) for vacation will we be let in?
We are planning to get tested less than a week before we enter so we have some sort of documentation.
Last thing I want to do is drive 5 hours only to be turned back and drive another 5 hours home.
>>
>>1822066
>advised
That means you don't have to listen to it. Plus how would they enforce it? Use your grocery brain.
>>
when can I go to japan
tickets are currently $600 out of NYC
>>
I currently live in LA but am seriously considering moving to London before the end of the year when the transition period cutoff is (Dec 31) in order to apply for pre-settled status and eventually (after several years) get British citizenship (I have EU citizenship). I'm leaning towards no mostly because I've already lived in London while I was in uni for a few years and had a great time but I'm not sure I want to go back for another 5+ years just to get citizenship. On the other hand, I'd love to have a British passport because I may want to move back when I'm older. Is there any other way to get a Brit citizenship besides the investor route that I could do later in life?
>>
Someone who's going through it right now- have you been able to find a job in Europe despite Corona? Are they even accepting visa applications?
>>
what's the situation in costa rica and chile looking like in the coming decades?
>>
>>1822288
Id honestly move to Africa before I had to live in L.A. besides the Mexican food, that place is absolutely hell tier
>>
Anyone other burgers have opinions on expatriating? Blah blah I'm tired of my country tearing itself apart and it seems the only countries taking direct, non-work-sponsored immigration are New Zealand and Canada. Otherwise, is my only option to apply to overseas jobs and hope I get one? I'm 35 so TEFL is not viable for me.
>>
>>1822288
London is a shithole. I'm desperately eager to leave. Disgusting weather, sheep mindset, even more expensive than LA and absolutely nothing good to justify it.
>>
5 Days in Okinawa, for my second trip.
First trip was to Osaka and a day in Kyoto.
Can't be bothered hoping cities.

Alternative suggestions, I like the castles, food.
Be okay with a city break, but looking for something more tranquil, hot springs if possible will be going in December.
Never skied, so that could be an option.
Wife happy to just sit in a mall and spend money, so no hiking.
>>
File: 5d13ddc66ee54.image.jpg (155 KB, 1200x985)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
How do people stay cool in New Orleans? I'm finding that a lot of their restaurants have a dress code, for which most of them are just a few items short of a suit (for men). For people to be able to comply to such standards, they'd have to sweat their balls off.
>>
Is there such a thing as an international airport with zero English support? I don't necessarily mean poor English, but literally no English at all; not even on the signs.
>>
Has anyone ever asked an airbnb host if they want to handle rent outside of airbnb? Seems like it'd be cheaper but I don't know if they'd do it
>>
>>1822884
I do this all the time, because fuck AirBNB. They charge a fee on both sides of the transaction. It's just fucking greedy, so I try and fuck them over at every turn.
>>
>>1822896
how do you go about asking them? worried airbnb will find out and boot me
>>
What is a good hot European city I can go where it's remote? I have an ideal of renting a nice place in a remote village and quad biking around. Not completely desolate
>>
>>1822917
Probably somewhere in Italy, Malta, Montenegro, or Greece. Basically any non-white European country.
>>
I work online so I need very good internet connection. I'm worried some places I go will have terrible wifi and my phone's connection won't be strong enough to connect to either.

Is there any portable wifi I can buy? I need above 20mb
>>
>>1823390
buy mobile data plan for whatever country you are in, that should be able to connect you to the internet in most places in that country. you can buy little wifi dongle's but if the phone's 5g/ 4g or whatever wont connect then the wifi box wont.
obviously if you are in the middle of some desert, or hiking in a mountain then you may not be able to connect either.
itd help if you told us where the fuck you are going, budget, type of phone and not just
>How do I get wifi in places
basically every city/ town in the world will have a internet cafe with good internet you can buy, unless as I said before you are going to some remote area. and because you sound like an idiot, you should be worrying about not dying instead of wifi
>>
>>1823422
Greece, around the islands. I've been before and the hotel wifi's are terrible, airbnb's are hit or miss, most that I message are around 10-15mb.

I have an iPhone, my network is Three and I can use my plan in any country but again, it's been hit or miss before.

>a internet cafe
would rather work from my apartment
>>
1. If you behave badly enough to merit deportation (ie. get caught doing something illegal) in a EU country, do you only get banned from that specific country, or do you get banned from every EU country?

2. Same question as above, but with Schengen Area instead of EU.

Since somebody's gonna ask or make assumptions, no, I don't plan on breaking the law in the EU/SA, I'm just genuinely curious.
>>
>>1810270
Frenchman st is better than bourbon, also go uptown check out places on magazine and st charles. Tours are meh. Get an airbnb or something on the westbank and take the ferry over every day its 2$ and very walkable. Def go to bourbon on halloween night though and wear something outlandish
>>
>>1822717
You dont lol just get drunk enough to not care
>>
>>1824018
Also only the fancy ones have a dress code you can get great food cheap just about everywhere in the city
>>
>>1824017
Why the fuck do people STILL TO THIS DAY think that psychedelics and DMT and SHROOMZ MAN will "elevate" them to a "higher spiritual plane".

No. Stop it. You're just fucking bored and think drugs will solve it. And it won't cure your depression. If anything, it will make it worse. Ego Death is fucking terrifying and if you think it's cool cause you get your info from Wikipedia then you DESERVE to experience Ego Death and never be the same person you were before.
>>
>>1824027
Alright fine, never mind. Sorry I asked.
>>
>>1824028
https://www.baka.com.au/lifestyle/how-experimenting-with-lsd-nearly-shattered-a-sydney-teenagers-life-20170928-gyqe21.html

"Seeking out ego death is a risky prospect because of the possibility that the individual may be unable to reassemble their identity once the effects of the drug wear off – which usually occurs within 12 hours on LSD, though the duration increases in parallel with dosage. What was intended as a temporary unravelling can become permanent, and the individual's perception of reality can be altered for the rest of their life. No matter how experienced the LSD user, there is always the possibility – however small – that one trip can change the trajectory of a life by inducing a psychosis or mental disorder that was previously dormant."

HURR DURR LETS GO OUT AND SEEK EGO DEATH GUIZE LOL
>>
you sound like a coward but whatever
>>
>>1824035
Says the pussy who deleted his original comment. Btw I literally just saved your life. You're welcome?
>>
>>1824027
>STILL TO THIS DAY think that psychedelics and DMT and SHROOMZ MAN will "elevate" them to a "higher spiritual plane".

That is not an argument. Besides:
because it has been tested and proven to be a positive and life altering experience
http://buquad.com/2013/02/18/remembering-the-marsh-chapel-experiment/
https://americanaddictioncenters.org/meth-treatment/success-rate-for-ibogaine

> Ego Death is fucking terrifying and if you think it's cool
It's just an essential part of any monastic religious tradition. But sure, embrace being YOU, a prejudicial shitposter. Are you telling me that being you isn't terrifying? Wouldn't you rather kill YOU? You would definitely benefit from DMT.

Are you some kind of mallrat evangelical christfag? You sure talk like one.
>>
>>1824130
I always forget how drug naive some people actually are and have basically been been fed lies and exaggerations, or extrapolate incorrectly until drugs seem like idk pure evil instead of just what they are: tools.

Don't waste your time, basically he just won't get it.

Ayahuasca WAS fucking terrifying for the record though (high concentration of 5-meo, it turned out), but afterwards for about 2 weeks I felt godlike; my pain tolerance was astronomical and I was absolutely driven, possessed even. The mental and emotional restructuring was breathtaking but it doesn't last- people really need to start doing it at regular intervals
>>
What's funny is there's actually a christfag church that uses Ayahuasca as a sacrament right here in the US but I can't remember it's proper name just look up "UDV Sante Fe"
>>
>>1824130
t. never had a bad trip
>>
>university online this fall semester (possibly spring as well)
>no family to live with
>want to save money on rent/living expenses
>travel bans on the USA for an indefinite time
>only needs are a gym for lifting weights, adequate protein, and internet

Is there anywhere in the USA that I can live very cheaply or any country that would allow a burger to live in their country from September+?
>>
>>1804938

There is nothing in Reus man, just go to Barcelona.
>>
File: 3_MetalPipes-Black_2000x.jpg (127 KB, 2000x2000)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
Am I going to get hassled by airport security if I pack a travel-sized smoking pipe in my bag? For the sake of clarity, I don't smoke weed at all, I actually do smoke tobacco. From my understanding, a lot of stoners do use such pipes to smoke weed, and they probably outnumber me; I use it because it happens to be cheaper than cigarettes. Also, any chance I would be hassled if I were to purchase a brand new/unused novelty pipe as a travel souvenir and had that in my bag?
>>
>>1824693
idaho, BC, montana, utah, and if you don't like the cold, then you have the south
>>
>>1823488
3 is probably the best deal you can get especially if you can use it anywhere for no extra cost.
most of them islands have shit wifi and reception. youre better off either going with your hit and miss connection or just not working and enjoying yourself
>>
>>1825576
Yeah 3 is great. I've asked my first hotel how fast the wifi is and they said 20-35 mb which is great, if true.

The second might be really bad but I plan to take that week off.
>>
>>1824036
>"saved your life"
lol, bullshit
>>
How retarded am I to move to Hawaii right now and try to find a job? Currently in more expensive area but more jobs. Good news is my gf can pay rent entirely by herself and has remote job so worst case scenario is I owe her a few thousand dollars. Not even sure where to ask this question
>>
>>1826284
Hawaii has a pretty bad problem with unemployment. Unless you have a skill or educational background that's in high demand, I don't think you'll have much luck with employment.
>>
>>1826286
My understanding is the economy is shit in better times, let alone right now. I'm definitely not in a skilled/high demand industry. Only thing that gives me hope is knowing a couple people that are teaching there that don't think it's a bad idea to come. I could substitute at the least, unless schools get shut down.

Remote work is a possibility I guess. Only thing I have going for me is a fresh degree from a top school but obviously that means nothing if I can't contribute anything. I know where I'm at I can always get a job at a grocery store or something else entry level, but it seems like Hawaii might not even have that for me.
>>
I'm on my way to Kosovo in a week and will stay there a month. Anybody been there? Which city would be the best to meet a girlfriend open minded to a foreigner for a month?
>>
>>1822884
They just enthusiastically say "sure!" and then charge the same price their profile asks, as if it's doing me a favor to pay in cash (it certainly does them a favor)
>>
>>1821523
I bet you didnt fuck any girls tho loser
>>
File: EbiEMoeXQAAA1na.png (455 KB, 720x540)
455 KB
455 KB PNG
Have there been any noteworthy threads/posts about predictions about the long-term impact of the virus on travel?
>>
>>1826454
>poorly laminated inkjet print
>misspells "possesses"
Are these people trying to be taken seriously? Because they're failing.
>>
I have both a Brit and Bulgarian passport. I want to visit Russia. Is it easier to visit Russia (visa and stuff) from the UK or Bulgaria?
>>
>>1826841
With a UK passport, you would need a proper visa.

With an EU passport (which includes Bulgaria), you are eligible for an 8-day eVisa, which you can apply for 4-20 days in advance. You can only enter through the airport and ports of St. Petersburg, port of Vysotsk, and the road border stations with Finland and Estonia to Leningrad Oblast.
>>
>>1826856
So if I want to stay 2-3 weeks, from UK is best
>>
>>1822717
Linen.
You'll look wrinkly, but you'll stay cooler than in a traditional wool suit.
>>
>>1826458
I think "poses" was the word they were trying for.
>>
I need to escape for a few days. I don't have a car, a passport, or hardly any money, but I live by an airport in the Pacific Northwest. Where should I go? I was thinking Juneau but it looks like their kayak tour agencies are closed. I'm severely depressed (unrelated to the quarantine), I just want to be a doomer somewhere else with less people and more nature.
>>
Where is the best place in America to find actually hot girls?

I've been living abroad for the past decade but may have to do a US trip soon. My sense is that the girls are all fat, don't dress well, don't do makeup and are really annoying.

Any suggestions on where to find some quality?
>>
>>1828009
Why the fuck would you want to go to the most virus-infested country in the world?
>>
>>1804829
What do you have to watch out for when solo traveling as an 17-year old? Asking this for a friend obviously, I am of course 18 already, no reason to ban me
>>
>>1828038
I'm gonna answer as if it's you asking, because if I keep repeating "your friend," it's going to get incredibly cumbersome.

If you actually look like your age or even slightly younger, you might find it more difficult to purchase alcohol & tobacco.

Renting a car is pretty much out of the question until you're 25.

You most likely don't have a credit card, which can make booking flights & hotels significantly difficult. You're gonna need to find a way around that.

Speaking of hotels, you generally have to sign some paperwork at check-in. I'm not even sure if you can sign a legally-binding document by yourself if you're below the age of majority (which is 18-20 in most countries).

The lack of a credit card can reduce flexibility when shopping. You'll either have to carry cash, or check beforehand that your debit/bank card will work.

If you're at a street market/bazaar/flea market/etc., vendors might not take you seriously because you're so young. While vendors will try to rip off any foreigner, they're usually worse about it if the customer is young and/or female. I suggest growing a thicker skin if you want to haggle with them. Don't be afraid to insult them, the worst they can do is tell you to fuck off.

Same deal with taxis. They like to rip off tourists too, and they're more likely to rip off young tourists.

Don't easily trust girls who are flirty with you. Depending on the country, bad things can happen, anywhere from being forced to pay hundreds of dollars for some tea, to waking up in a tub of ice with your kidney missing. They usually employ this trickery on younger dudes (around 25 and under).

That's about all the age-specific travel advice I can give. The rest is pretty general.
>>
>>1824831
I think this is very dependent on where you are travelling to
>>
Realistically, what could happen to Hong Kong's tourism, now that the government is tightening its grasp on the region? What should foreign tourists do to avoid pissing off the government if they visit in the future?
>>
>>1828011

>Dipshit: the post
>>
>>1828009
Mississippi or West Virginia, lots of hot slim girls
>>
>>1804829
How far would a high school diploma get me if I straight up move to Mexico.
>>
>>1828194

>Seething Burger: The Post
>>
>>1828205
You would likely be crowned King
>>
>>1828146
Thanks a lot, luckily most of these points aren't a problem in my (friends) case
>>
>>1828038
When is your 18th birthday? Might be worth waiting until then if it's not far off.
>>
>>1828353
October, holidays are in August unfortunately. Will probably do a bike tour, some hostels are only open for >18 year olds so I will probably stay on campsites. I just want to get out and do something more exciting than sitting at home without spending too much money
>>
>>1828372
If you're 17 just install Grindr. Lots of places that will offer you a free place to stay.
>>
>>1828374
kek, this could also be considered a real adventure. Getting assraped is a very unique form of traveling
>>
>>1828381
Broaden your horizons, just enjoy yourself. That's the whole point of traveling...
>>
>>1828372
Oh that's pretty close.

Also, you can do a lot of stuff for free. Just walk into hotel lounges and sleep there. You can bullshit your way into hostel rooms. You can also bullshit your way into getting free hotel breakfast by just giving a random room number.
>>
Why are flights more expensive in one direction than the other?

Example:
Destination X to Destination Y approximately 2 weeks apart - $500.

Destination Y to Destination X approximately 2 weeks apart (Similar Time) - $1000
>>
>>1828146
Being American must suck
>>1828038
Stay in youth hostels across Europe.
>>
If Greece doesn’t let in tourists from the UK, I can fly in from Bulgaria as I have a BG passport. But, do I need to have spent 2 weeks in Bulgaria before going to Greece or can I just have a flight from there on the same day?
>>
>>1828372
you could link up with some crust punks and rail ride until 18. It's cool for a short time, though i would NOT recommend extending it past then. You don't want to waste too much time playing garbage songs on guitars, begging in NOLA with a dog, or even developing a nasty addiction.
>>
>>1829819
>crust punks
don't
>>
>>1829365
Generally speaking (ie. there are some exceptions), flights that travel east are usually cheaper than flights that travel west. Because there's less wind resistance, planes burn less fuel.

Another explanation would be demand/popularity. There might be more X-people who are interested in visiting Y, than Y-people who are interested in visiting X. Therefore, the prices may be adjusted accordingly.
>>
>>1828146
>difficult to purchase alcohol
sucks to be non-german
>>
>>1828158
Just don't be political and consume.
The CCP and the native Hong Kong people.will gladly take your money off your hands.
>>
>>1826454
How do burgers fail so badly at English?
>>
>>1831457
na doing fine without a million "refugees"
>>
>>1831471
Not >>1831465, but the US alcohol laws really suck.
Trump could score some easy brownie points in the recently-of-voting-age demographic by lowering the purchase age to 18.
>>
I was supposed to fly to Greece but some stuff happened in my personal life. Now I'm checking and it says not flights from the country I am in but nationals of this country can go.

But then I checked information for Italy and it says arrivals from this country can go and then quarantine. That's fine with me, because I was supposed to move to Italy this year, and once I go I am staying. I will be able to apply for residency right away anyway, but can anyone confirm if they are currently non EU nationals or residents and flew in from an approved country?

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

>click on Italy for information
>>
>>1830589
Thanks for replying, but not the answer I was anticipating.
I'm referring to round trip tickets for similar flights.

(The same flights on the same days)

Vancouver to Hong Kong - $627 CAD
Aug 20 to Sep 7

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=YVR.HKG.2020-08-20*HKG.YVR.2020-09-07;c:CAD;e:1;sd:1;t:f

Hong Kong to Vancouver - $1058
Aug 20 to Sep 7

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=HKG.YVR.2020-08-20*YVR.HKG.2020-09-07;c:CAD;e:1;sd:1;t:f
>>
>>1831824
Nobody wants to go to HK right now, but there are probably many people who are interested in leaving or at least having an option to leave.
>>
My mates and I are doing a road trip around Southern Germany this month. Wish I had kool friends I could be hitting up in those places, miss it from back homo in Bongistan. Then again Germans are weiird man.
[nospoiler]That's not really a question but if anyone wants to hang, pls. [/nospoiler]
>>
Burger here, is there a nice country that's got the rona somewhat under control I can go hang out in while waiting for burgerland to get its shit together? I'm willing to quarantine for as long as they want. My job is fully remote and was before coronachan, so that's not an issue unless the cost of living is really high. My area is still under moderate lockdown and shit is still out of control, it's going to be a disaster in the fall. I couldn't even be happy if they went fuck it and just lifted the restrictions because I live with my grandparents who will absolutely die if they get rona'd, so I'd have to rent a place here anyway. I'd rather be pissing away that money in a non-meme country.
>>
>>1833363
Most Asian countries that aren't China. South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, even the Philippines.
>>
>>1812077
American here! I've been to most of them and this anon (>>1812803) is right that you should drive.
My only additional thought is that the mid west is fucking big so maybe there you could fly... it's not really worth the cost of the ticket, but if driving on a straight road at 70mph for 8hrs nonstop between cities doesn't thrill you, then maybe?
>>
A part of me wants to travel around the world on a motorcycle between a job I can't leave (military) and school that I'm going to start, I'm not sure when I'd be able to.
How do you deal with putting off things like wanting a family or a steady job with the desire to travel?
>>
I'm a US citizen in Schengen, about to get my temporary residence permit. Once I have it, will I be able to leave Schengen and re-enter, or does the travel ban still extend to me because of my citizenship?
>>
Apparently Thailand is a very popular medical tourism destination. I've also heard that on average, Thais have very low IQ. Generally speaking, you need to be very intelligent to be a doctor. So I guess my question is, why do people do this to themselves? Isn't there a better country to obtain medical treatment from?
>>
>>1834040
Ide say depends on the reason. A surgeon is a fancy butcher so if its simple enough the cost of the trip could be worth it. For example getting your gallblader removed is very simple fuck you could probbably teach someone to do it in a day. However it can cost well over 10k in America. Dont even get me started on dental work.
>>
>>1833652
Im gonna do that next year. Ill have my bachelors but I intend to go to law school. Way I figure it once im in law school my life is set and changing it will be a big issue. And waiting till im retired in my mid 40s at the earliest feels old for my plans. Whats waiting 2 years in my 20s to "get a life" gonna cost me?
>>
I am going to fly to Naples, but have an 8h stop in Rome, i am coming from the Schengen Area,so no immigration checks, what would the best way to spend my time in Rome? How do i get from the Airport on the coast to Rome itself?
>>
>>1834040
The doctors and dentists in Thailand are the smartest people in the country. The worst of them work in state-run hospitals, and the best work in private clinics.
>>
>>1834040
>Thailand is a very popular medical tourism destination
Citations needed because that is crazy. I would rather go to Singapore or Taiwan than letting a tranny or ladybois heal me. I don't want them to cut my peepee when I sleep
>>
>>1834042
As someone who has seen and scrubbed into many cholecystectomies... this is absolute bullshit. Firstly this procedure is mainly done laparoscopically now which requires its own skillset. Next you need to reliably identify Calot's triangle and ligate the cystic duct while avoiding inflamed gall bladder perforation. Finally, there is risk of accidentally damaging the common bile duct, which is irreparable and would ruin your life. Add to that anaesthetic risk. I doubt you would be able to achieve this level of skill if you were trained for years based on the impression you give in this post. Thai surgeons are generally pretty good at what they do, but I'd much rather have a non-cosmetic procedure done in my own country.
>>
>>1834114
There's a train from da Vinci to Roma Termini. Probably a fifteen minute ride or so. It puts you fairly close to the Colosseum.
>>
>>1834135
Are you afraid to go to the hospital in America then? That country is chock full of gays, trannies and Black people, I bet they will fuck you in the ass and convert to a black non-binary genderfluid trans-lesbian.
>>
>>1834166
Yes
>>
>>1813109
What's your goal? Are you looking to become an instagram star or do you just want to document your travels?

What's your budget?

What photography experience do you have?
>>
Are there any towns in Armenia worth visiting? I want to experience a bit of that mildly exotic Near Eastern feel.
>>
>>1834043
Agreed. But I'm just wondering I'll be 26 by the time I end my service and I feel as I've just delayed everything else in my life so far and traveling is just gonna keep it delayed
>>
>>1828205
Honest answer: If you've got programming/web design skills and have good certificates you can get a job with a livable salary, even though you'd get paid less than in America.
Any kind of technical degree will get you paid a small fraction of what you'd get in America.
You could probably apply for working as a trucker or at a cell center, but that too wouldn't pay more than a few hundreds of pesos per day, and even then you'd still need to be more than competent at Spanish.
You might be able to work at some shitty school as an English teacher, but even then you'd still have to show up well dressed, take showers, have a fake smile and overly excited attitude at all times, etc.
>>
>>1813109
Since you're starting out, I recommend a Sony A6000 or a similar/equivalent model. They're very popular with travelers and vloggers alike.

Pros:
>virtually idiot-proof; can take decent photos even if you know nothing about photography
>fairly decent aftermarket support
>also does videos very well

Cons:
>more expensive than entry-level DSLRs
>>
>>1834152
Cause of corona, i will probably have to put my hand baggage to the check-in, so that will take extra time, do you know how early i should be back, if my flight departs at 21:45.
>>
>>1834280
So many wild cards right now, I wouldn't even want to guess. At least with a later flight like that, the airport shouldn't be super busy.
>>
>>1805324
Get in contact with the university. I am assuming they would let you come over, but there may be a quarantine period involved, but I would check before chancing it
>>
>>1834285
I´ve never been to Da Vinci Airport or Rome at all, so it would be nice to know if someone knew how roughly long it would take to let´s say get out of the plane, pick up your one piece of luggage of the plane, get to the train station at the airport, catch a train to the main roman station, see the colosseum, maybe trajans forum and hadrians musuem and then back to the airport, checking in.
>>
>>1834367
We arrived in Rome via train and flew out of da Vinci, so I don't know how arrivals there work; da Vinci is pretty small, so it's not like you're slogging across O'Hare or something. That part should be quick. With a little luck, you could be standing at the Colosseum within an hour and a half of touching down. Trajan's Column is less than a mile from there. We didn't see the museum you're talking about, but I'd say you have plenty of time. The biggest thing that will slow you down is the jabronies on every corner trying to sell you flowers, power banks, selfie sticks and umbrellas. Those fucking guys are relentless.
>>
File: 41nckKZRmaL.jpg (30 KB, 325x500)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
I'm about to go to Rome and I'm worried about thieves.
What are some tricks to lock things to yourself so they can't take them?

For example, what are some tools to strap your phone to yourself when you're using it on the street?
Are wallet-belts practical?
Can you trust hotel safes?
Should you trust the cleaning staff?
>>
>>1834794
Also, is pepper spray against thieves an available option, or is it too impractical?
>>
File: 71omJQ7zzlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (119 KB, 1229x1419)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>1834794
>what are some tools to strap your phone to yourself when you're using it on the street?
Get a phone case with a ring built in the back (pic related). Put your finger through that ring when you're using it. They also sell the rings on their own that you can attach to your phone with an adhesive or a magnet, but I can't vouch for how secure they are.

>Are wallet-belts practical?
Never used one myself, but I know several people who swear by it. In my younger, more paranoid years, I used to wear something like a very slim fanny pack, but instead of having it around my waist, I slung it over my shoulder & covered it with a jacket.

>Can you trust hotel safes?
I've used them with no problems. I do understand that hotel thefts can & do happen, but I mostly hear about them happening in crappy American hotels that hire Mexicans. If your other options include carrying your valuables with you, or leaving them in your room out in the open, the safe starts sounding better.

>Should you trust the cleaning staff?
Yes and no. It's not theft that I'm worried about, it's the actual cleaning itself. I've heard that some of them have questionable cleaning methods, such as using glass cleaner to clean out the coffee pots.

>>1834796
In crowded areas, using pepper spray is going to do more harm than good.
>>
>>1834813
Thanks.
>>
The border between US and Mexico is open by flying. What if I have a European passport? Will I be allowed to enter?
>>
>>1834824
And by that I mean enter the US from Mexico by flight
>>
Road tripping 10 days. Across upper west coast USA.

Q: can I purchase on amazon and have it delivered to a usps in a town ahead of schedule where they can hold it for me?
>>
>>1804829
Is there a cooll website for prostitutes in Paris you lads know about?
>>
How the absolute FUCK can you use an easyJet voucher? I'm pretty sure we've been scanned because I sure can't redeem mine in any way.
>>
File: 1593169767342.jpg (92 KB, 1061x1018)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
USA question:
I currently have 40k in college debt and 10k left on my car loan. I'm not behind on payments but will this effect my ability to get a passport and travel internationally?
>>
>>1836412

Negative, though there isn't a whole lot of international travel right now.
>>
>>1836412
>will this effect my ability to get a passport and travel internationally?
>effect
given that you dont know the difference between affect and effect, the only thing that will prevent you from getting a passport is your own amerimutt education
>>
>>1836427
>effect, a change which is a result or consequence of an action or other cause.

>affect, refers to the underlying experience of feeling, emotion or mood.

I mean, our education is shit tier but you are still wrong.
>>
>>1836423
>>1836427
Thanks good to know
>>
>>1836412
Even if you were delinquent on your payments (which you just said you weren't), they still can't stop you from leaving. However, you would get into legal trouble once you re-enter the United States.
>>
>>1836463
You mean, if I was delinquent, left the country, stopped paying and then returned I would have to face the music?
That makes sense to me, but I should be fine as long as I keep paying right?

If I did go delinquent would they pull my passport or something?
>>
>>1836464
>You mean, if I was delinquent, left the country, stopped paying and then returned I would have to face the music?
Yep. And even then, for that to happen, you'd have to be reeeeeeally far behind. I don't think they'd ding you for being behind on payments by a month. It would have to be far behind enough for them to notice.

>That makes sense to me, but I should be fine as long as I keep paying right?
Yes.

>If I did go delinquent would they pull my passport or something?
I don't think they would. If you were back in the states, you'd be caught more or less immediately, so they'd already be keeping an eye on you. No need to confiscate your passport when they're watching you so closely.
If for some reason they don't want you leaving the country, it would be far easier to just put you on the No Fly List.
>>
>>1835899
You should be able to. Just label it with your name, General Delivery, and the city, state and ZIP code.
https://faq.usps.com/s/article/What-is-General-Delivery#:~:text=000003412-,General%20Delivery%20is%20a%20mail%20service%20for%20those%20without%20a,without%20city%20carrier%20delivery%20service.
>>
Want to go to the tropics in the next couple years
Rules
1. first world
2. culture that isn't openly hostile to whites (Hawaii)
Where do I go
>>
My girlfriend and I are preparing for a move to Renton, WA from San Francisco. We will have both of our cars full of our shit and we don't really know what city to stay overnight that's a halfway point and relatively safe in Oregon. Most airbnb houses I found do not allow access to park in the garage so I'm assuming we would have to leave our cars in a driveway. Should we stay in Ashland, OR? Medford? Crescent City, CA?
>>
Can anyone who has been to Singapore tell me more about Orchard Tower? I see it recommended a lot when Singapore is brought up. I also see a lot of horror stories about people being drugged and/or their credit cards being overcharged. Would you still recommend visiting Orchard Tower at night? How does one stay safe there?
>>
File: IMG_2738.jpg (2.14 MB, 4032x3024)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB JPG
I've got the next 3 weeks free and I'd like to do some traveling but I want some input. Which of the following should I visit?

>Slovenia and Croatia

>Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia

>Andorra, Spain, Portugal

Coming from a rainy mountain town in the Alps, sunshine would make me happy but the Baltics would make me just as happy. Coronavirus restrictions are also on my mind. I'm also open to suggestions within the countries.

Thanks
>>
I vaguely remember the EU (or maybe Schengen Area, subtle difference) saying that all nationalities that are currently allowed to enter visa-free will have to pre-register for some kind of online pseudo-visa/travel authorization, effective 2021. Is that still happening?
>>
I'm an American, what countries can I go to right now? I literally don't care, I'm unemployed and like to travel while I do my job search.
>>
File: images (81).jpg (42 KB, 710x432)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
Poland, anyone?
I heard that Warsaw is pretty amazing but i want to know more. Nature destinations? Activities? Interesting sites?
>>
>>1837868
Basically anywhere, if you're willing to put up with a 2-week quarantine.
>>
>>1837873
What's does that constitute? Like do I have to stay in a government sanctioned hotel or something?
>>
>>1837870
Wroclaw and Krakow are better. You can also try smaller charming towns like Sandomierz or Kazimierz Wielki. Nature destinations: mazury, Karpacz (and climbing Sniezka), Tatry. Warsaw itself has nice Old Town and an interesting 2nd WW history if you're into that.
>>
I have a trip booked for Greece in mid August. But I’m not sure I want to go. I don’t know if it’ll be worth it with the hassle of distancing, masks and places being closed. Feeling free while traveling is big for me and all these restrictions are the opposite of that.

Should I go?
>>
I'm American considering travel to the UK instead of back to the states. Are there restrictions on Americans entering the UK without a visa? Anyone travel from Japan after quarantine with an automatically extended visa?
>>
>>1837898
Been to Poland just on Jan 1st with a friend, we just looked for an hotel while arriving by car, then went to Karpacz, where there wasnt much snow, then drove to the Czech border near Sniezka, was very nice and a boatload of snow, then we went to Wroclaw on the actual night of the 31st, nice fireworks and decent city, also super cheap for a western euro.
The younger folks speak surprisingly good english, while you can communicate somewhat with the older generation with another slavic language (russian in my case).
>>
>>1837874
In most EU countries it´s as simple as going to the health department upon arrival, before attending your flight there might be a self declaration stating that you have not contracted covid or had any symptoms, lastly there is an small thingy in which you note where you will be staying for the next 14d if your outside the EU, in some countries its not really strictly enforced anymore.
>>
>>1838049
you'll never get another oppourtunity where it will be this quiet.
>>
>>1838098
Does this also apply to internal EU travel? Like UK to mainland?
>>
>>1838242
Sorry hon, but the UK is no longer part of the EU.
>>
>>1838098
Thanks anon, the "no travel until 2021" meme is dead now :heart:
>>
File: 1502407714828.jpg (145 KB, 1400x800)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
How are you supposed to bang chicks abroad that aren't hookers? I have returned late to a hotel and security asked my name to see if i was an actual guest. If I had a chick with me they wouldn't have let her in. Has this happened to anyone? I always just never questioned the "come back to my hotel room" shit in movies and tv shows and assumed it wouldn't be a problem to bring one back to your room but I guess the hotel feels like they're missing out on money. Are you supposed to bang them in a hostel instead?
>>
>>1838320
Bringing people to your hotel shouldn't have been a problem, so long as the room was for two people.

In my most recent trip, I booked a double suite. I checked in by myself, but the receptionist confirmed (without my asking) that yes, I indeed can "have a friend over," and that my "friend" and I can even have breakfast together, since I technically paid for two people anyway. After this blurb, she just gave me this knowing wink.
>>
I have wondered this for a long time. The maximum value of stuff I can bring back from Japan to Germany is around 450€. Lets just make up some scenarios.
I buy a 1000€ watch and just wear it, how would they ever know I bought it in Japan?
I buy literally 300 single items all worth around 1 and 2 bucks, but in total more than the 450€ limit, how would they ever calculate/count that unless I have a receipt for every single item?
What about stuff that just doesnt have a price or receipt like gacha toys or stuff won at an arcade?
Last time I went to Japan I had stuff worth 800€ with me and actually wanted to go to customs in Germany to declare it, but they were closed so I just walked out. I saved money but some of my questions were left unanswered.
Bonus question because that also interests me. I originally planned to send my sleeping bag back home as a package, but then I decided to keep it with me. If the content of a package is worth more than 40€ you need to pick it up from the German customs office and pay consumer tax depending on how expensive the item is. The sleeping bag is around 300€ but its obviously used. Would it be excempt from the customs because its a used item? What value would I have to write on the shipping lable, because every item needs to be listed (I ended up sending some stuff back and the post office worker was super anal about every single piece of shit I send back)
>>
File: IMG-20200706-WA0003.jpg (65 KB, 864x1152)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>1822442
>hot springs if possible will be going in December. Never skied, so that could be an option.
You do know what Okinawa like is, right? As for hot springs, Senagajima looks interesting but I have not been there. Seems also nice for shopping and just hanging out.
>>
>>1838323

Well i normally book a "double room" because i like the extra bed space, but I don't book it for two people which may be the problem. My worry is even if they'res no security on the door, if i tried to sneak a girl in the receptionist would recognise that she's not a guest.
>>
File: 1592978351404.png (1.87 MB, 728x1007)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
its been nearly 5mos since i was abroad, i think ive gotten over my reverse culture shock phase, have fallen back into my same boring life in my home country, and dont feel the same zest for future travel plans i made with my friends abroad, and in fact am questioning them, and all my choices to go abroad previously. is something wrong with me? is this normal?
>>
>>1838874
Quite normal. I am doing a year abroad and its been the most interesting and rewarding thing ever, but I constantly feel like this is not right and I shouldnt be doing this.
As for questioning future travel plans maybe youre just burned out. I am totally burned out right now after close to 10 months and I couldnt care less about sightseeing or daytrips where I am staying right now.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Got a real oddball question for all of you. Not an important question by any means, but just asking out of genuine curiosity.

In your travels, have you ever met a gypsy who behaved like a decent human being? One that didn't lie, cheat, steal, beg, pickpocket, con, scam, rip off, harm, hurt, etc.; just a genuinely good person who happened to be a gypsy?
>>
>>1838993
>just a genuinely good person who happened to be a gypsy?

I actually have. They have a shitload of tribes, of varying degrees of vagabond attitude. Many are quite domesticated. Adam Ant seems to be pretty cool, and has probably never nicked anything in his life.
>>
>>1838335
It depends if your country is a bureaucratic shithole, and for that point, YMMV.

Worry about perception (rarity?) over value.
>>
>>1824831
i'd be weary of bringing one just to avoid any misunderstandings. perhaps you can bring a fresh pipe that hasn't been smoked out of, along with your tobacco. that's what i would do

>>1824139
>>1824036
>>1824035
>>1824034
>>1824027
>>1824130
just clicked a few posts from these exchanges.
like one anon said, a drug should be seen as a tool. another one of you seems to be blowing the potential side effects out of proportion, though is absolutely correct in the terror and long lasting effects an ego death can have in the wrong circumstances. at the same time another of you is referencing religious traditions (which usually take a fuckload of psychological preparation before committing) and referencing that as some greenlight to just jump into shit and act high and mighty over how 'deep' you get it

it's clear that one of you has had a bad trip, and the other hasn't

>>1828236
kek
>>
File: 1464597023540.png (148 KB, 317x345)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
>>1804829
Where can I travel in europe to get some girls? I can't get any girls so where are some easy local or tourist girls? Already fucked prostitutes so I want something different. I want to see if normal girls are worth it over some prostitutes.
>>
To the Spanish gentlemen of this board:
What would be my cheapest option to get from Madrid to Hendaye (or anywhere near ― I do not mind walking the final couple kilometers)?
>>
Hello anons, I've long been dreaming of walking the Route Napoleon through France but of all the searching I've done I can't find any material or information for people who want to walk this path. The only details that come up are for those driving in a car. This has no appeal to me: I must physically walk this.
Could you lovely anons please tell me if this is possible, what accommodation would be like (hostels, tents, etc.)? Just the basics to get me started with a plan and budget (I don't live in Europe).
>>
How come you can still buy flights to countries that will not accept you due to covid restrictions? Why is it still possible to fly to places you can't even enter? lol
>>
File: 1594666762708.jpg (77 KB, 1024x566)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>1839660
Because stupid fucks think they'll be able to go and airlines are banking on this. They buy their tickets, get to country X, country X sends that stupid fuck back. Airlines make a killing and foreigners get but hurt. It's a win/win scenario.
>>
Is it possible to study abroad during this pandemic? I'm from the US obviously. On another note, is traveling abroad even worth it? It seems like it on paper. I want to go to a country that has extremely cheap/free college where I can preferably take the courses in english.
>>
>>1839738
It's really not a good time at the moment, this is even more true for Americans. Europeans do not want you in their countries right now. A lot of people are getting turned away right after they land. You can still buy a ticket, but your ass is getting deported the second customs sees your passport.
>>
if i was going to go backpacking across a continent what all would I need
just a rough idea
>>
>>1840011
Backpack, tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, food, water. The rest depends on the continent.
>>
Posting here since there are more expats on this board.
>live in the caribbean for almost my entire childhood
>good memories of chilled lifestyle
>study abroad in Europe
>graduate and get a job
>Every time I get back home, I realize more and more what sort of a 3rd world dump my home country is
On the one hand I would love to move back for the lifestyle, family, and to try and improve things there. I really want to make it a better place. On the other hand, my life would be easier and my future children might have a better future in Europe. Also, I wouldn't have to deal with my home country's stubbornness and indifference.
How do I make this choice? How do I choose where I should live?
>>
>>1840441
Stay in your own country. Your country is a dump because of your people. Europe is already full enough of immigrants.
I hope your from Haiti, a country that is 100% responsible for how shitty it is.
>>
>>1840650
So, stay in my home country and try to fix shit?
Also, not Haiti thank God
>>
>>1840441
The answer is obvious from an outsider's point of view. Europe.

One person won't change the country. Think of the comfort of your future family and kids. If my parents decided to stay in our shithole country just to help "make it better" rather than moving and providing me with so many opportunities and a better lifestyle, I wouldn't be very happy.

You can live in Europe while still visiting your country and helping out if you know how you want to help.
>>
>>1840961
>One person won't change the country.
That is usually true, but if a country is small enough, it's a little more doable. And most Caribbean countries are small.
>>
New thread: >>1841879

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.