[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Asian Burger here, I have plenty of guns in the states but which other countries are the best for shooting guns, legally or illegally.

On my last trip I came across and AK in Southern Spain and having a gun in europe is a pretty nice feeling ngl
>>
>>1785970
There is a healthy gun culture here in Switzerland; lots of shooting ranges and clubs. But it’s also intensely rule-oriented and regulated. So try anything illegal or unregistered and you WILL go to jail/get deported. If you like jumping through hoops and toeing lines, you can shoot here happily while drinking bad beer and better wine. Good luck!
>>
>>1786044
薏苡仁?
>>
Sorry OP, but no country can top the US in terms of gun fun.

Canada is...kind of okay for guns. Imagine California or New York levels of regulation, but for an entire country. You also need a license to own guns.

Upsides to Canada:
>easier to own Chinese guns (such as the highly sought after Norinco T97)
>easier to buy Soviet guns (apparently they're either dwindling in supply or embargoed in the US? One of the two, I dunno)
>the SKS is stupidly cheap
>it's legal to mail-order guns (I've heard that there's a lot of red tape if you were to do this in the US)

Downsides to Canada:
>a lot of cool guns are banned here
>full-auto is banned here
>things that simulate full-auto (such as bumpfire stocks and crank triggers) are also banned here
>REALLY confusing magazine restrictions (up to 10 rounds for handguns; up to 5 for semi-automatic centerfire longarms; unlimited for manual-action centerfire longarms; unlimited for rimfire longarms of any action; you can have up to 10 for semi-automatic longarms if it coincidentally uses the same magazines as handguns; etc.)
>and more
>>
>>1786044
>intensely rule-oriented and regulated.
>you can shoot here happily while drinking bad beer and better wine.
Maybe I'm just an asshole, but I don't really think mixing alcohol with firearms is exactly safe.
>>
>>1786089
It's about to get worse, ban of any military style rifles (meaning anything non wooden) and handguns in urban areas.

But yeah I had a rifle delivered to my door unlocked in a dense urban area.
>>
>>1785970
I hear the Czech Republic is pretty loose. Well, by euro standards that is.
>>
>>1786105
>ban of any military style rifles (meaning anything non wooden)
Realistically, they can only get their grubby hands on anything classified as Restricted, which is therefore registered. And when you narrow it down like that, it's almost always going to be an AR-15. They can try to ban everything else, but there's no way they can actually enforce it. Good luck trying to find anything like Kel-Tec, XCR, ATRS, WK-180, etc., which are Non-Restricted and therefore unregistered (as long as you live outside of Quebec and you don't purchase these after Bill C-71 finally kicks in, which it still technically hasn't).

>handguns in urban areas.
It's definitely a terrible idea and I disagree with it both in practice and on paper, and I hope it never happens, but...I'm just not sure if they'll actually get around to this, if they haven't already. They certainly talk the talk, but I don't think they can walk the walk.
It'll just create a whole lot of work for municipal governments, and while I'm not saying they already have a lot on their plate, but I sure as shit know that they don't want more on their plate. I also believe that these lazy chucklefucks won't want to do start doing the federal government's work for them. I am strongly convinced that any city claiming they will ban handguns are only saying it as lip-service.
That aside, it's not going to reduce the number of handguns whatsoever. Illegal handguns will continue to be illegally possessed & unaccounted for by criminals, while legal handgun owners will just have to arrange for firearms storage in another municipality where handguns are still legal.
tl;dr: Best case scenario, it won't happen because they're too lazy. Worst case scenario, we end up with a moderate inconvenience.
>>
>>1786109
Canada has like zero shootings why are they still trying to ban shit over there?

In the states everyone wants to ban the scary guns to stop mass shootings because they think it will help and then they point to canada and say "See it worked there"

So if canada is still banning shit doesnt that mean it either doesnt work or want a disarmed populace
>>
>>1786092
A gun club near my house has a bar and a shooting range. suprisingly okay
>>
>>1786125
>Canada has like zero shootings why are they still trying to ban shit over there?
Anon-kun, there's no use asking for logic where there is none. Gun control is, by definition, illogical.

>In the states everyone wants to ban the scary guns to stop mass shootings because they think it will help and then they point to canada and say "See it worked there"
Ironically, Canada also likes to point fingers at other countries. They say things like "We don't want to end up being like the Americans" or "Look what happened in New Zealand."

>So if canada is still banning shit doesnt that mean it either doesnt work or want a disarmed populace
Both, actually. In a strange twist of irony, Canada is trying to become more and more like Communist China, while Chinese immigrants who move to Canada are trying to exercise their newly discovered rights. I see a lot of chinks at the range, as a matter of fact.
>>
I guess this would be the best thread to ask...is there any place where you can have... relative freedom hunting monkeys? I have an insatiable primal desire to kill a mother ape and abduct its infant.
>>
>>1786044
I heard that it's quite difficult to go shooting as a non-resident (i.e. tourist) in Switzerland, as the shooting ranges aren't commercial, but more targeted towards their militia system.
>>
>>1786092
Fair enough. But Swiss people are very into self-control; people who aren’t seriously burned-out alcoholics don’t really get noticeably drunk in public, much less while shooting.

>>1786196
Not sure; I live here and don’t shoot. But I know there are private clubs and ranges with nothing to do with national service (for kids, for example), and assumed that one could buy temporary >>1786073
Ich spreche kein Chinesisch.
>>
>>1786133
>hunting
You mean poaching, since it's pretty much illegal everywhere to shoot monkeys unless you're in some lawless region of Western New Guinea or something.
>>1785970
Flip land almost everybody has a gun and there's a lot of ranges. Yemen has absolutely no guns whatsoever and most areas of Pakistan but you can't go there.
>>
>>1786401
*no gun laws
>>
Can't you shoot full auto rifles, rockets and LMGs in Cambodia still?
>>
>>1786201
Where do u live?
>>
File: SPOILER_con12.jpg (2.01 MB, 2694x3588)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
>>1786108
Even in Prague?
>>
>>1786130
>while Chinese immigrants who move to Canada are trying to exercise their newly discovered government-surveilled privileges
ftfy fren :)
>>
Does anyone have experience with shooting ranges or so in Poland, Ukraine or Russia?
>>
>>1787034
I live in Basel, Switzerland (northwestern part of the country, where the Swiss, French, and German borders meet).
>>
>>1786405
I would do that in Laos because my family is from there
>>
>>1787713
So are you Chinese or Japanese?
>>
>>1787718
based and KOTHpilled
>>
>>1787204
>Prague
overtouristed shithole full of airbnbs and "weed" shops. 2€ for 2L of beer is a plus, I guess
>>
>>1787327
>>1787752
Are you allowed to cross the borders without a passport in Europe?
>>
>>1787743
Love KOTH
>>
>>1788109
de jure: No, you'll need to carry some kind of identification with you abroad in countries of the Schengen treaty
de facto: Yes, there are no border checks in normal situations (you can still be checked by customs though)
>>
I know that Ukraine has some rental places for Soviet guns, they actually do a pretty good job of fulfilling the desire for a STALKER experience, but obviously the USA is the best place for guns.
>>
I heard Philippines is based
>>
>>1788114
Gotcha
>>
>>1788338
>>1788266
All based
>>
File: 1562793779080.jpg (64 KB, 782x960)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>1785970
'Straya here. Can own as many guns as you want up to as big a caliber as you want, just so long as you get you're license. No Full/Semi Automatic.
If you want you can build a cannon into a hillside to shoot down the moon, we dont give a fuck.
>>
>>1791434
oh also best part is, you're only allowed a gun license if you're ACTUALLY interested in guns.
to maintain your license you need to subscribe to at least 1 monthly gun magazine, you must be a member of a gun club (and attend regularly) and you must go to a shooting range every so often.
It keeps out the faggots that just want a gun to be edgy or who only want one to kill people.
Means the community's actually tight with /k/fags who are actually into guns, not just edgelords who want to shoot someone.
>>
>>1787327
Ist Basel eine gute stadt für reisen?
>>
>>1791484
>>1791437
Acclimated
>>
>>1791434
>>1791437
Imagine thinking Ausfailia's gun culture and laws are in anyway acceptable lmao
>>
belarus
>>
>>1788109
>Are you allowed to cross the borders without a passport in Europe?
Under normal circumstances, yes. I frequently go to both Germany and France, often in the same day, in the course of my everyday life—either country is less than 5km from my house. I have my Swiss residence permit in my wallet, but I have never been asked to show it, and I don’t carry a passport unless I’m flying.

But the borders are now closed to anyone who doesn’t have legal residence in Germany or France plus a Swiss “Grenzgänger” (border-goer) permit, mostly for the tens of thousands of people who live in adjacent French and German towns but commute to Basel for work.

But in non-Corona situations, yeah, I take local city public transit trams into Germany and/or France all the time.
>>
>>1786044
Sounds shitty
>>
>>1791484
In Basel gibt es viele gute Museen und Galerien, und die Rheinufer sind im Sommer sehr schön. Aber hier ist es sehr teuer und die Restaurants sind nicht so gut.

Absolutely worth a day trip if you are nearby and like art and history, but not worth planning a non-business trip around. It is a lovely place to live but not exciting to visit, comparatively speaking.
>>
>>1793229
It isn’t shitty. It can be a pain in the ass, and it’s undeniably uptight, but it works extremely well and it’s very common sense-based.
>>
File: pepe 1.jpg (28 KB, 499x481)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>1793236
>it’s very common sense-based.
>>
>>1788114
>some kind of identification
That doesn't explicitly mean a passport though, other documents work perfectly fine.
>>
>>1787752
Are you one of those people who take a tour on a bus and think they've seen the whole city?
>>
>>1787752
Don't forget the

T R D E L N I K

R

D

E

L

N

I

K
>>
>>1786405
its much harder than 20 years or so ago, and not in the open as much, but if you go somewhere where vice wont be able to write a story about ladyboy heroin militias or whatever theyll let you.
>>
>>1793289
Which I guess would be a passport for citizens of non-Schengen countries, but I am not sure.

>>1793260
The whole gun culture is different to the "stand your ground" culture in the US.
>>
>>1794407
Aren’t guns banned for citizens across Asia?
>>
>>1785970
the swiss
>>
try to get into belarus
>>
>>1785970
what kind of burger are you?
>>
>>1785970
Cambodia has ranges where you can shoot rpgs and blow shit up.

My buddy in Lebanon says you can just go to gun market and buy Grenada launchers and shit and blow up stuff on the beach.
>>
>>1785970
No country has gun ranges like the US
>>
>>1794407
>The whole gun culture is different to the "stand your ground" culture in the US.
Sounds shitty
>>
You can shoot chinese guns at a shooting range in Beijing (maybe other cities too), i've never done it myself though. It could be a good way to shoot loads of unique things that you'll never get to shoot anywhere else.
>>
>>1791434
>no semi auto
So literally only bolt action/muzzleloader then?
>>
>>1796533
Essentially, although the Uk has "straight pulls" which are just semi-autos but you have to pull the bolt thingie back after every shot like a slightly faster bolt action. You can own semi auto shotguns in the UK though
>>
>>1794406
Realistically is it possible though?
>>
In Kazakhstan you can "train" with the "army" pilot a tank and even be on the back seat of a soviet era Mig fighter.
>>
>>1797469
A tank fighter?
>>
>>1785970
>Liking guns

Cringe
>>
File: 1581782302568.png (13 KB, 860x773)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>1801023
>>
>>1801023
Those are some sour grapes.
>>
File: DmfZQ1KU0AAXtBI.jpg (146 KB, 1200x660)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>1803378
Based
>>
>>1785970
>>
>>1791434
>>1791437
Actual Australian gun store worker here
>need to subscribe to at least 1 monthly gun magazine
This is the first I’ve heard of this rule. Maybe you live in a shithole that isn’t Queensland, but that rule sounds like bull.
>must be a member of a gun club (and attend regularly
Not true, you can have a license for shooting on rural property as long as you own a property or know someone who does. Recreational target shooting does require membership, but unless it’s a handgun license or you’re in a shitty state you don’t actually have to attend regularly.
>It keeps out the faggots that just want a gun to be edgy or who only want to kill people. Means the community’s actually right with /k/fags
Fuck outta here, you still get just as many school shooter types, and the Australian shooting community is filled to the brim with fudds and their pals, just look at the biggest shooting organisation in the country; the SSAA. You’re absolutely dreaming if you can find me any /k/ommando who’s happy with the state of Australia’s gun laws, as the General on /k/ is always filled with poor cunts lamenting Johnny’s laws and wishing shooting was more accessible. >>1793105
>imagine thinking Ausfailia’s gun culture and laws are in anyway acceptable
Amen, it’s a joke the way things work over here. I won’t deny we’re a safe country thanks to our legislation, but we go way too far in regulating the sport. >>1796533
>>1796657
>so literally only bolt action/muzzleloader then?
Not necessarily, we have straight pulls just like this poof cunt talks about, and lever actions are also readily available. There’s no difference or extra hassle in purchasing a straight pull rifle or shotgun as opposed to a standard bolt action or double barrel, and lever action shotguns are also available. It is true that we generally don’t allow full & semi autos, but they are still available to people who require them for work
>pic related, straight pull shotgun
>>
>>1785970
The United State of America. We have plenty of weapons, my Spaniard friend. However, I feel like your own country needs your help.
>>
>>1805921
this is probably the most reasonable gun related post i will ever see on this site
>>
In many ways New Zealand was once about as loose as the USA....sadly that has come to an end.
>>
>>1805923
This is the worst reading comprehension I've seen in a long time.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.