[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 168 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: qtddtot.jpg (35 KB, 323x396)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
QTDDTOT
>>
I plan on going to Skopje > Kosovo > Belgrade
Will I have trouble getting into / out of Serbia if I take this route?
>>
I'm new to traveling so sorry if this is a dumb question.

How do you find things to do when traveling alone? So I've booked a flight and hotel in Thailand, and I'm staying alone. There's a bunch of things I want to do like explore, look at animals, snorkel, whatever. Where do I get started booking them, how do I travel around alone... I have an idea of what I want to do, but not how to connect everything if that makes sense.

I'm nervous even getting to my hotel from the airport. Any tips help, thanks anons :)
>>
File: krabi.jpg (205 KB, 1280x850)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
Looking to take a trip in SEA around September 5th - 15th. I'll be flying from London and staying in a hostel. What would be the best city to go?

I'm looking for a place where it's sunny and hot in September, near a beach, lots of things to see and do. Ideally make friends where I'm staying and join them. I'm traveling solo as a girl so of course, safe. I'm thinking one of these:

>Phuket, Krabi, or Bangkok
>Bali
>Palawan
>>
>>1553965
For getting from airport to hotel get an app called "Grab", it's like the asian Uber and completely safe.
>>
Is it actually illegal to take photos in the red light district or is it just considered a bad idea? If it's not illegal, what legal protections would I have as a tourist if someone tries to force me to delete the pictures or something and I fight back?
>>
File: chick.jpg (70 KB, 960x681)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>1553883
Back in October I met this cool chick at the half-moon party in Thailand and exchanged e-mails, I completely forgot and just now found hers in my phone. We're from separate continents and I've no idea where she is atm, we only spoke that one night. Would it be weird / creepy / useless to contact her out of the blue just to keep in touch?

I mean, I don't have any plans for her or anything, I just though it'd be nice to keep touch with someone I met on a trip, but it's been so long she might not even remember me.
>>
>>1554318
Go for it, it's not weird. Just write up something like "Hey, I found your email in my phone and remembered we met in Thailand, just checking up to see how you're doing!"

I love messages from people I've met in the past, no matter how long ago it was.
>>
It's cheaper for me to book a flight at a smaller airport with a layover at a bigger closer airport to me.

Can I just drive to my bigger airport and just skip the first 30min flight
>>
>>1554318
worst that happens is she doesn't reply, so go for it.
>>
>>1554334
No
>>
>>1553883
Turns out I have a week off work, going to book a flight though don't like paying much so Switzerland is the cheapest. What can you do in Switzerland? Is there much point in going there? Going to use hostels + public transport for sleep so I ain't paying out of my backside ya dig? What can I do there though.
>>
>>1553965
That's where hostels are for
>>
>>1553965

For gathering information on attractions:
- Tripadvisor your location, mark down some things you'd like to see. Google-map them or something to figure out how far away they are, whether walking distance or not, outside of town etc., reviews will often mention way of arrival. check out opening times as well just to make sure.
- Thai hotels can and will arrange whatever you want (transportation, attractions, day trips, in some cases and towns even women) depending on how much you're willing to pay - every hotel has a person in charge of booking you this shit so at worst just ask them what they can recommend, and if anything catches your eye or interests you ask how much and book it, it can often be put on your room for checkout, and often can be booked in within 24 hours, sometimes less; be aware that hotel-booked taxis are often more expensive.
- Ask other travelers you meet. if you're a loner like me and don't strike up conversations often, you'll have to do more legwork and figure out how to be self-reliant.
>>
>>1553965
>>1554376
(cont.)

Transportation:
- if it's less than 15-20minutes walk away from you (google maps will estimate travel time by foot), just fucking walk there, unless you don't want to get there sweaty (for instance if you're going to a brothel or something IDK).
- hotels can book you taxi / took-took / limousine, as mentioned.
- Go outside and literally wave at any taxi or took-took that passes, you'll see dozens of them every minute in most major cities. Either make sure they have a meter on, or agree on a price in advance (this is important). On the islands they will charge you outrageous amounts so I sometimes prefer to walk like 30 minutes to town at night instead.
- There's "baht busses" (pick up trucks converted into taxis), I never got the full hang of those but they act as public transport of sort going up and down main lines, ask the driver if he gets someplace and for how much and get in the back; if he's empty he might act as a single-person taxi and get you straight to your destination, but charge far more.
- Oh, also, most taxi drivers can/will offer to take you to attractions whether you want them or not. Also, there's plenty (i.e. hundreds) of "tourist offices" that organize tickets and transport, including combine flights + cabs + everything needed to get from one end of Thailand to the other. When in doubt, throw money at a problem until it goes away.
- As for getting to the airport from the hotel, just book a day in advance from the receptionist, it might cost more but it will be on time and you'll feel more relaxed.

As for feeling nervous: I've almost never not felt safe walking around in Thailand, even alone at night. Be smart - keep shit like credit cards and passport etc. back in the hotel safe and carry the money you'll need + passport copy in your wallet and don't be a douchbag and respect people's property and customs and you'll be fine. You might simply feel nervous 'cause you lack experience, which will be solved quickly.
>>
>>1554376
>>1554380
thanks man, that's really useful!
>>
>>1554346
>don't like paying much so Switzerland is the cheapest
Lol OK
>>
>>1554380
>- if it's less than 15-20minutes walk away from you (google maps will estimate travel time by foot), just fucking walk there, unless you don't want to get there sweaty (for instance if you're going to a brothel or something IDK).
>- hotels can book you taxi / took-took / limousine, as mentioned.
If you really worry about security or being scammed by an airport taxi, do your research on the airport website for where taxi kiosks and the set fees to be expected, as well as city buses and such. If money is no object, a sketchy country? I will use the hotel to arrange a driver. They'll be in contact with me, vetted by the hotel, will arrive based on when my flight actually gets in, and have a sign with my name on it. For somewhere notoriously dangerous that I haven't traveled too before, I will sometimes stay in a finest hotel on night #1 to have a great mattress, a morning jet lag recovery in the nice pool, and use the concierge's driver. After that, anything goes if I find it necessary or not. I might walk around and scope out a hotel in person to move to for subsequent nights in a better location, or something new that just opened once I can see it in person from sightseeing or walking around.
Somewhere like Mexico City, same deal, going out to the pyramids in Teotihuacan? Talk about a price with a top hotel driver for the day of company. As a solo person, or female in particular, you can enjoy yourself better with someone who has worked 20 years for the Hilton, for instance, in a locals car with locals plates. You're just less a target and they're accountable to their boss and the bigger corporation. While you're in the car with the local driver for hours...you can pick their brain for things to do that are nice. Often they will talk about their cousin who lives on the coast or has a particular restaurant, or ranch or some famous hiking area. That kind of thing can lead to a really nice experience when you gush enthusiasm for another culture.
>>
Anyone tried bringing their desktop PC to a foreign country like Japan? Any snags or tips?
>>
I'm visiting the states staying in a hotel. Saw a sign saying please don't flush feminine products. If one were to take them how bad would it be to get it back home
>>
Anyone from the UK ever just up and go to the continent for a day or two on a whim? The prices seem pretty manageable but I'm worried I'll end up flying to Switzerland and then coming home a day later and all I've managed to do is see a lake or something. How do you (quickly) plan short trips that you take on a whim?
>>
>>1554506
UK'er here, also curious about this because I'd like to take short trips over the weekend like that.

What I'm thinking of doing is visiting very close places where the flights are extremely cheap. You can visit them multiple times because it's so cheap if you want to see more. Save the longer-distance trips for when you have more time
>>
>>1554506
>>1554536
Take advantage of extended weekends. Get a day off on monday or friday. Fly in as early as you can and fly out as late as you can.
>>
>>1554553
I think we're both wondering more about how you manage your time while in the place. Like, on a Monday night you take a notion to go to Switzerland. You see a return flight from London to Geneva for £43 for that weekend. Now you have 3 days to plan what you're going to do while in Switzerland. How do people tend to plan these things economically, in terms of time management and in terms of things they want to see? Do most people wing it a bit? Do they pick two things they really want to see and focus the trip on those? How do they handle train scheduling/prices and all that sort of shit?

I've no problems planning for longer trips, but for some reason the very concept of a short weekend trip is both utterly alien and incredibly appealing.
>>
>>1554506
>>1554562
>>1554536
It's not that difficult, you just do some research, buy/rent a guide and note down the list of things you'd like to visit, then see how that would fit into your schedule. Think about opening hours for museums, distances between attractions within a large city itself, day trips that are doable in one day, etc.

If you're just gonna go to Geneva, then look for day trips in that particular area. Switzerland isn't that big of a country, but you can't see everything in just a few days.
>>
For some reason it’s always been on my bucket list to quad bike in the desert. What’s the best place to do this?
>>
Staying in Hong Kong next week, but I more want it to be a weekish trip to the Guangdong province with Hong Kong included.
How long should I spend in Hong Kong and what is the best area to stay in? I've heard mixed things about everywhere.
I already have a china visa so I was gonna go to Shenzen then Guangzhou but don't know how much time I should spend in each place. I'm thinking maybe 3 days in HK then 4 days in mainland.
>>
>>1554501
You're considering taking used feminine products from the trash and bringing them back home with you?

And people rag on the US for being fucked up.
>>
How much money in AUD would be enough for 6 days in France and 16 days in England/ Scotland. All accommodation and breakfasts are included as well as travel between countries.
>>
>>1555152
I think he means taking the sign
>>
>>1555172
He said take them, think he means the used products
>>
>>1554476
Why would you need that?
>>
>>1553883

Is there any easy and good travel options on land from the airport to a city an hour or two away? Heading to murcia airport soon and heading on to mojacar to chill a week before heading back the same way l to chill in germany a week as well.
>>
>>1555185
just asking if it's possible. I don't want to buy new stuff when moving
>>
>>1555160
Depends what you want to do. I'd say 40 euros a day give or take if you can avoid expensive restaurants.
>>
>>1554767
I have Mexican friends that seem to do this every week somewhere near Tijuana.
>>
File: Turkmenistan fire hole.jpg (212 KB, 1072x715)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
How difficult is it to actually reach this place?
>>
>>1555555
>>
>>1553883
What city/country in Europe is the most gay-friendly?
>>
Hi /trv/, I'm flying with a suit for the first time and I'm confused about AA's carry-on policy. Their website states the normal 22x14x9 sizer. But, it also states that "Soft-sided garment bags up to 51 inches / 130 cm (length + width + height) can also be taken." The garment bag I'm looking at is about 23x24x4 folded.
Will I have to check it? I know it seems obvious that it meets the 51 linear inches but I keep reading about people having to check it. Thanks.
>>
>>1555601
Brighton.
>>
>>1555558
Not very, since you will most likely be on a guided tour and they will surely include it in the itinerary.
>>
How much is the cost of living in Finland (Turku especially)? Is ~700 Euro enough (Rent excluded) for a decent living? Im gonna be there as an Erasmus student.
>>
If I book an individual one way to Beijing from BKK, and another individual flight out of Beijing to my home country, Canada, can I make use of the 144 hour visa free transit?
>>
>>1556443
Yes, they will check that your outgoing flight exists and then on leaving check that you are leaving with the flight you are supposed to. Just make sure both are direct flights because if you have a landing somewhere in China in between it won't work.
>>
File: 1504791794643.png (521 KB, 800x559)
521 KB
521 KB PNG
Has anybody booked flights with Kiwi.com? I'm looking at return flights to Phuket on here and a ton of them are way cheaper than booking directly with the airline, up to £300 cheaper.

I'm looking at reviews for this website and they're very mixed. One website gives it an overall rating of 4/5 with almost 31,000 reviews, and another website with 187 reviews gives it 1/5. There are loads of blogs and youtubers who have posted stuff advising not to book through this website under any circumstances, but then some who are saying it's fine.

I haven't done any deep reading but glancing over some of the bad reviews it looks like they tend to be bookings in dubious circumstances i.e. last minute short haul flights with low-cost airlines and connections. But it's stuff like people not being given flight details or maybe even not being booked onto flights.

I'm booking well in advance with Emirates, and connecting in Dubai - I've made this flight a few times before but never booked it through Kiwi.

£300 cheaper seems too good to be true, do any of you have experience with this company?
>>
>>1556507
Ahh, third-party booking. You'll find that all of them are like that. They all have mixed reviews.

If you're absolutely sure that you want to book third-party, you definitely can minimize the chances of fuck-ups occurring if you just keep a close eye on your itinerary. I'm willing to bet that at least a sizable fraction of bad reviews are coming from customers who aren't sure how the system works.

It's the third party broker's job to give you a good price. That's more or less it. You do need to put in a little work yourself. For instance, you may need to check-in online with the airline directly, typically 24-72 hours prior to your scheduled flight. You do this to inform the airline that yes, you are a real person, yes, you're still interested in flying with them, and that you would like to choose a seat. Most people expect the third-party broker to do all that for them, and this is generally where they fail, hence the negative reviews.
>ohmahgawd I bought a ticket thru buttfuckairfares and the airlines wouldn't recognize my ticket! I had to drive back home, cancel my vacation, and they won't give me my money back!
>>
>>1556122

It's high, but compared to Helsinki, living expenses are much more moderate.

700€ is doable if you get an appartment from TYS or Retrodorm or you do a sharehouse thing. Buy food from Lidl and don't eat out much (excluding student cafeterias).
>>
>>1553883
Why is this thread always started with JD Salinger?
>>
File: 1506972003235.png (5 KB, 415x416)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>1556918
Cheers bruv,
>I'm willing to bet that at least a sizable fraction of bad reviews are coming from customers who aren't sure how the system works.

Yeah I reckon you're right, a good chunk of the bad reviews seem to be from people who booked ridiculous multiple-stop multiple-airline journeys with short layovers in countries where they ended up needing a visa to travel because the company booked individual tickets for each flight or whatever. Basically people not knowing what's going on and making no preparations.

Like I said in my previous post, with regards to the flights I want to book - I've flown on that exact itinerary before, both booked with the airline and also with a third party albeit not the one in question, and had no issues so I definitely won't fuck anything up. It's one airline, one connection, no visas needed, and I know when/how to check in - I was just unsure of the risk of booking on this website because of the horror stories.

Fuck it I'll probably just book and see what happens, if it goes tits up then it's about £600 quid down the drain but you only yolo once amirite?
>>
>>1556929
thanks!
which of those three housing options would you recommend? Is TYS/Retrodorm only for international students or "mixed"?
>>
Going to Milan in July, was considering hiring a car and doing some travelling but I’m split on going on a trip round Lombardy or going to Genoa, etc. on the coast. Any advice?
>>
File: 1499388314930.jpg (153 KB, 640x621)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
Will be spending four days in Puerto Rico around San Juan. I have very very little spanish skills. Any tips or things to avoid?
>>
Was there an education disparity in Hong Kong back in the day? I noticed that the ladies speak little to no English, but the old dudes can speak a hell of a lot more. Hell, some of them speak better English than I do.
>>
Should I be worried about carrying a thc cartridge on an international flight? Usa to London to Berlin. Plan on putting it my carry on with other miscellaneous electronics hoping it just blends in.
>>
>>1558204
>Should I be worried
Only if you don't want to end up in jail. No, this is not a joke. DON'T TRY TO SMUGGLE DRUGS OVER INTERNATIONAL BORDERS, IDIOT
>>
>>1558204
You will almost certainly be fine, but there is always the chance you get fucked. I know of many instances where people I know have flown with drugs and a cartridge is probably the safest thing you could take. That said, is the risk worth it? Weed is easily available in London and Berlin.
>>
>>1558204
risk vs reward ratio. besides, finding weed in the country you're traveling is always an adventure.
>>
Got two questions. Pic related is from my trip to Lisbon (I stopped in France on my way back)
1. Travelling alone. In Lisbon I saw a few tourists walking Sintra mountains alone. Seemed okay but knowing me I wouldn't enjoy myself too much alone. So what's your experience with this?
2. Making friends (and one night stands) with other tourists. Another thing I found was hella lot groups of girls (and guy groups) travelling. Is it okay to approach these groups in public, make friends and maybe fuck afterwards? Story time?
>>
>>1554562
I have a loose priority of things I want to do. I also walk most places if possible and accept that I might not get to everything. That means that it takes the stress out of 'only' having a weekend and also gives me the opportunity to find places off the beaten path.

I do recommend preparing yourself to get up early and go to bed late just in terms of travel and your days there-I leave Friday right after work and don't get back until Sunday after midnight. You can rest by taking long meals-it'll give you a chance to unwind while still taking in where you're visiting.
>>
>>1553883

I need help choosing where I'm going for vacation this summer. Bringing my girlfriend, shes only been to meme countries in Europe and I want to go somwhere a little more #RealTraveller. We're going in July/August.

Options:

-Sub Saharan Africa
>either Tanzania or Namibia/Botswana
-Central Asia
-Caucuses

Any other places /trv/ recommends? Or which of the above three should I go with?
>>
>>1558204
When people on the internet say that stoners are retarded and/or degenerate, this is exactly why.
>>
>>1558450
If you're ok with approaching large groups, go for it, anything is possible
You can always make your group by starting to talk to one person and you just chain people in which is also easy once you get started
>>
How to find someone to travel with?

I want to go back to Japan, but I don't have anyone to go with. Last time I went by myself and it was rather miserable since I'm not a very outgoing guy and I have some avoidance issues.
I've gotten slightly better since then, but I'm not sure if going alone again is gonna be worth it.
>>
Cape Verde
>>
>>1558516
Cape Verde
>>
>>1558620
Kill yourself Faggot nigger
>>
>>1559031
Go on interpals and say you’re studying Japanese.
>>
Where do you guys go to book/look at hotel prices? I want to spend a week in St Lucia but everything seems high
>>
>>1554219
it's very simple. don't do it.
or if you do it, go up really close so that the security guys can easily grab your creep ass and can quickly throw your equipment in the canal so that you can never find it.
>>
>>1556443
yes, just have the printouts of your onwards tickets at hand at the transfer visa desk/immigration desk.
>>
>>1559246
That's because St Lucia caters to American Boomers. You won't find Third World pricing in any of the smaller Caribbean islands, they're as expensive as any tourist destination on the American mainland. But check Booking.com
>>
>>1559327
I don't expect it to be sea cheap because I'm from another Caribbean country but it seems a little ridiculous
>>
>>1558196
Hong Kong was ruled by the British up until the 90's so English was more important and prevalent back then compared to now
>>
>>1558450
It's almost always more difficult being a lone traveller and approaching an already established group of people. It can work sometimes if you can exploit your foreignness (more effective in Asia than Europe), but it's usually better to find another lone traveller and then try approaching other groups of people, or recruiting more lone travellers into your squadron etc.
>>
>>1559455
Okay. And was it normal for the women to speak less English than the men back then?
>>
>>1559403
What fucking country are you from that you'd vacation on a different island? 100% serious, I'm very interested. Nearly all of them have great beaches and decent resorts.
>>
>>1555601
Fuck off faggot, kys.
>>
>>1556719
/trv/ asks me this a lot, i just saw this on a forgotten tab, too, so here we go.

i never have sex with more than 1 man in any given 2 month period traveling, or at home. the last time i had sex with someone i just met was when i was like 19 or 20. (long ago, and it was in my hometown.) it's simply not fun. i have had sex a few times while traveling, but it was with guys whom i knew from before (online or from previous travels). it does not feel safe otherwise, and it's not fun if it doesn't feel safe.
>>
>>1555601
Norway
>>
>>1556050
They will not heavily enforce the bag dimension size so you should be fine. Without checking it.
>>
Any particularly good hostels to recommend in the following cities?

Bucharest, Sofia, Skopje, Tirana, Montenegro(anywhere), Mostar, Sarajevo, Belgrade

Mainly want somewhere good for a solo traveller to meet people
>>
>>1559031
Fuck, literally my exact same issue.
>>
>>1556050
In /trv/'s many collective years of traveling, one thing we'll tell you is that baggage size limits aren't rigidly enforced.

The only time they really are enforced is when you're flying with a low-cost airline that nickel-and-dimes you on everything. But then again, that only happens because they actually make a good chunk of money this way. Major airlines seldom do this because they already make comfortable amounts of money through plane tickets alone.
>>
>>1559031
>>1560810
Looks like you guys just found each other a travel buddy.
>>
Can someone please give me some advice about Sault-Ste-Marie, Niagara and Toronto.

I got a job offer in one off those cities and don't know shit about them. Which one is the best to live in?
>>
I have a flight from Munich (departure point) to Tokyo (final destination)
There's a layover/connection at Domodedovo Airport

Munich->Moscow is operated by S7.

The layover is 20 hours long. From Moscow to Tokyo, the flight is operated by another carrier (JAL).

I have 2 questions

Do I have to check-in again at Domodedovo Airport?

Do I need to claim my luggage at Domodedovo and check it again with JAL?

None of this info was provided to me when I bought the ticket (I bought the ticket at S7's website if that matters - also, both S7 and JAL are members of oneworld airlines alliance if that matters).
>>
I'm american and want to drive up to Montreal tomorrow and staying a day or 2 ( just gonna car camp). Any notable sights and free/inexpensive things to check out?
>>
What’s the best place to be homeless?
>>
>>1561433
Salt Lake City, PnW, Cali

>>1561344
>Do I have to check-in again at Domodedovo Airport?
If all via the same carrier you should get a ticket right there from the start for the whole trip, it may be different depending if you have to change terminals.
>Do I need to claim my luggage at Domodedovo and check it again with JAL?
Best to ask during original check in, due to 20hr lay over you may need to collect bags

I had a pretty long layover, bags checked and held, but I slept in the airport because I was a retard and didn't know I could get a 24hr chinese visa and go to Shanghai
>>
Is Adria Airways pretty strict with carry on? I just had to wear a crap load of stuff to get into a Norwegian Airways flight and am not sure if I can put it all back yet for my connecting flight with Adria

>>1553884
Going the opposite direction soon. From my research you cannot enter Serbia from Kosovo. CANNOT. Enter from another country or enter Kosovo from Serbia.
>>
What power sockets do hotels in Thailand use? Google tells me it's upwards of 4 different types and I'm not going to buy each one in hopes it fits.
>>
>>1561483
Hotels in Thailand use the same socket as the rest of Thailand
>>
>>1561344
>>1561437
this, you have to ask in Munich while you are checking in.
https://www.dme.ru/en/transfer/
>>
>>1561483
Can't you just buy a universal adaptor?
As far as I know the plug sockets in Thailand can take multiple types of plugs, that's why google is giving you a ton of options. I just took universal adaptors and used the two-prong bit
>>
File: IMG_20190321_223403.jpg (3.73 MB, 4032x3024)
3.73 MB
3.73 MB JPG
>>1561653
I bought this, it says one of the countries it can be used on the back is Thailand.

Also, is it true that you can take the working girls to clinics to get tested to see if they're clean? I also heard somewhere the girls all have to get tested monthly anyway to work at the bars or something.
>>
>>1561722
Yeah that will likely be fine, you can probably use the green or yellow options shown on the packaging. Although it looks pretty convoluted, you can get all-in-one adaptors like pic related where it's just one plug instead of loads of different attachments.

Dunno about the bar girls, I'm not into that sort of thing.
>>
>>1561653
>>1561437
Thanks bros.
>>
Currently packing for a weekender and I can’t find my fucking toiletry kit.

How do I not have an autistic melt down?
>>
>>1561433
The European Union.
>>
>>1558204
>london
nigger the queen will have you beheaded for that shit. I wouldnt do it and I say this as a guy that carries my thc vape pens through domestic airports all the time.
>>
>>1561997
Are you a woman? All you need is toothpaste and toothbrush.
>>
I'm going to hike in Wales this summer, what are some places I absolutely must visit and hidden gems I might've missed? I'm mainly interested in nature and older cultural sites
>>
What's a website where you can see al the flights from one airport to another?
Like a list of all flight from Airport A to Airport B in the month of august (with departure times, etc).
All websites I've seen only give you results for specific dates
>>
>>1561997
Use a plastic freezer bags with some elastic bands? Or a ziplock one would be even better
>>
>>1562264
There isn't as far as I know. Most airport websites will have a list of destinations they fly to, or if it's a big airport, you can fond route maps for each airline from that airport. That will at least tell you the destination part.
>>
>>1562264
Sites of airport A and airport B
>>
>>1562264
https://www.flightsfrom.com/FCO-JFK?sdate=2019-08-04
this website gives you weekly timetables
>>
File: triangle of despair.jpg (167 KB, 1280x1160)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
Is it possible to rent a car in Zagreb and return it in Athens? I've heard it's hard to coordinate that in the Balkans.
>>
>>1562797
Or would it be possible to rent a car in Athens and return to Athens but drive all over the Balkans?
>>
>>1554476
Airport worker here, I've seen bags handled atrociously by the bag handlers. Pay extra for those fragile stickers if you need to.
>>
I'm slav from Eastern Europe. Could someone give me US states run dow, or link me to some page? I'm interested mainly in ethnics, what is the migrant situation, main political views of general population etc. I could try /pol/, but I swore to myself that I would never open that virgin bubble shitstorm again. Also answer would be "degeneracy x 50" or "fuck of we're full"
>>
>>1558204
Dont do it fuckhead.
>>
>>1558204
Oi mate you got a loicense for this heavy baton
>>
Anyone that's ever been to Ibiza - can you recommend a good hostel? I'm going there alone, and for partying. It'd be cool if I could make friends and just go along with them
>>
>>1555601
Are you retarded nigger?

Go to any Western European city and you will be fine.

If you want my opinion then any big university city will be pretty Gay friendly, at least here in Britain Cambridge, York, Bath, London etc all have been overtly gay friendly when I've been.

So long as you don't act overtly gay like a massive faggot then anywhere in Europe will be fine. Nobody cares so long as you don't act like a colossal faggot.
>>
>>1553883
Going to America in 10 days from Britain. Specifically New York for 4 days, Philadelphia for 1 day and Washington for 2 days.

I'm going to the liberty bell in Philadelphia, how time consuming/expensive would it be to visit the USS New Jersey while I'm there? (I don't plan on going on board but always wanted to see a true battleship)

Anything I should know about the people/culture which is different to Britain apart from the obvious?

Any underrated places to visit in those cities or local food?
>>
Lads

Girlfriend wants to do aruba or st lucia or something.. in May
Any advice of where to go in the Caribbean?
All inclusive package deals?
Cruise deals?
Specific hotel?
Safety?
>>
>>1553883

I'm somewhat introverted and am traveling SEA. Anyone in the same boat find it hard meeting and talking to new people?
>>
>>1563578
Also want some advice on a caribean trip.. from NYC. Even if cruises are involved.
>>
>>1563578
>>1563766

there are so many options for the Caribbean it really depends on budget and what you want (hike/resort/drive/party/seclusion/culture/balance/casinos) you are gonna find great swimming pretty much anywhere. the general rule is the harder it is to get to the better the beaches and the cheaper the stays. i am generally a rent a car drive/hike to secluded beach type of person so i have reccomondations for that if you want them.
however if you are are into the idea of cruises (which is fine)- i went to a sandals this feb with the wife and fucking loved it. it was so easy. they had really well done all inclusive scuba diving, the amenities were great, and it offered a little bit of everything. the butler service made everything go off without a hitch. i would pick it over a cruise every time.

also i would go st. Lucia over Aruba. Aruba is very built up and more family oriented.
>>
>>1563777
Yeah im interested in all inclusive uf for the right price.. no need to rent a car.. just a single resort i guess.

Any top resorts/island bang for your buck (with safety) wise?
>>
>>1563780
are you a couple?
and/or
planning on getting pregnant 3 months before or 3 three months after? (a lot of the islands have zika)
>>
I have 10 days to visit Colombia in April.
I was thinking about go to Cartagena --> Santa Marta --> Bogotá --> Back home.

Whould I regret if I don't visit Medellín?
How much money do I need per day?
Is it safe to use ATM machines?
>>
>>1563794
>Whould[sic] I regret if I don't visit Medellín?
Yes
>Is it safe to use ATM machines[sic]?
Only use the ones inside supermarkets and shopping malls or you risk getting mugged.
>>
>>1563789
Not getting pregnant
Going with the gf
>>
>>1563863
pick one of the sandals in st. lucia. get a room with a butler and soaking tub. you really cant miss with that. if you are looking for something a little more "rustic" and not worried about zika CoCos in Antigua is phenomenal. if you go some dough "sugar beach" resort in st. luca is supposed to be pretty fucking rad. if you want a good beach where you can walk to a ton of different places and hang out with old jewish mobsters go to the divi divi in aruba.
>>
>>1563919
Sandals? Isnt that expensive as shit?
What kind of prices am i looking at for me and the gf?
>>
>>1563713
I am but I’m also completely content wandering alone. I just meet asian girls from couchsurfing and tinder every few days.
>>
>>1564056
>>1563780
Also interested
Whats a good deal here?
>>
How bad really is the rainy season in Vietnam? I'll be there in mid-July for a few days, Hanoi and Ninh Binh
>>
How do I learn a new language? If this isn't the right board someone please point me the right way and start shooting, thanks!
>>
>>1564127
Get a computer program/audio book
I downloaded "learning Spanish like crazy"
>>
>>1564131
Huh what a coincidence, I wanted to learn Spanish too. Would you mind elaborating?
>>
>>1564132
Just read and practice speaking. Write sometimes.

There’s no hidden skill to learning a language. You just do it. People who look for that one easy trick to being fluent fast just give up and go nowhere
>>
>>1564146
I'm not looking for a quick one time easy trick, I just wanted to know a little more about Learning Spanish like crazy.
Is it a program that I can pirate?
>>
>>1564056
>>1564076
Other caribean resorts?
Ones you liked, ones i should avoid?
>>
How has your love of travel affected your personal life?

I'm 33, and I'm in the second year of a relationship that I don't think will work, because it will never be fair to my girlfriend that I always want to live and move somewhere else.

Traveling often also makes keeping a solid group of friends difficult, because I typically want to pack up and leave the minute I grow roots.
>>
>>1564228
I should be saving up for a house, but I keep fucking up that plan by traveling.
>>
>>1563794
You won't fall in love with Colombia if you don't visit Medellin (nightlife, girls, restaurants) or san andreas (nice beaches )
Go to medellin, trust me,it will worth
>>
anyone here been to sri lanka? what should i expect / is it worth going to?
>>
File: cruise.jpg (283 KB, 988x741)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
I've never been on a cruise before. I'm early 30's and need to kick back for a few days and relax, not worry about accommodation and lodging and travel, just enjoy my time in the sun.

Cruises always remind me of rich old people, flamboyant homosexuals and boring couples. Are there any out there that would fit a guy in his 30's looking to just sleep/relax during the day, drink and party during the night and possibly find some short-term female companionship onboard (hopefully with a younger crowd)? Or will I be seen as a creepy weirdo surrounded by 60 year old couples recovering from pancreatic cancer?
>>
>>1564286
Sri Lanka has easily become one of my favorite places to travel to. It's infinitely better than many other South Asian countries. It blows India out of the fucking water.
>>
Why are people still buying $30 bulky ass adapters when you can get a $2 local one from the first supermarket you stumble into?
>>
>>1564286
Yes. I had an awesome time. It's a light version of India. Food was lovely. The terrain and nature is just awesome. So many wild animals. Paid like 15$ for a full day safari and saw 100's of elephants. Loads of temples, easy to get around and very cheap. I recommend it.
>>
What's this RealTraveler meme?
>>
>>1564545
Sounds like you're looking for a party cruise.
>>
>>1564894
Those exist? Are they any good?
>>
>>1564545
Whatever you do, just make sure you read this before you go
https://harpers.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/HarpersMagazine-1996-01-0007859.pdf
>>
>>1564957
Depends on your own personal preference. They're conventionally shorter 2-4 nights and dont really stop anywhere. Mostly caters to the younger crowds.
You will have to check online which ones are available to you.
>>
>>1555601
Seville is the city with most gay people living in it on the WORLD
>>
>>1564962
How do I differentiate them from other cruises, are they literally called "a party cruise"?
Also, how much younger? We're talking teens out of high schhol and frat boys?
>>
>>1553883
I'll be taking a trip to Thailand, Pattaya, shortly. Are there any decent food areas in Pattaya? Last time I was kind of stuck around walking street and the food was, in my opinion, horrible.

So I want to get out of that area and get some decent Western food now and then. Any suggestions?

My GF will be with me and she is not in to spicy stuff unfortunately.
>>
>>1565089
>Are there any decent food areas in Pattaya?
There's a *fantastic* vegan restaurant with literally hundreds of dishes, most with crab/pork/seafood meat-imitations that I found very tasty. Can't remember the name off hand, look for vegan-friendly restaurants, it's very highly recommended in tripadvisor. I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>1565026
Pretty much called party cruises or the advertising for the cruise pretty much looks like pic related. They are also often age restricted to around 18-21 depending on your country and mostly consist of college kids and older.
>>
Should I go to Malta or the Baltic States this summer? It's free for me either way.
>>
>>1565166
>18-21
>mostly consist of college kids
>like pic related
That sounds nightmarish, thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>1565186
To clarify the 18 - 21 range is the minimum age allowed on the cruise.
But yes majority of these cruises consist of college kids or whatever you can define as "young adults"
>>
>>1565208
While I appreciate young t&a as much as the next guy, being surrounded by only early 20's 24/7 will make me want to jump overboard and swim back to shore. I still don't know where I find these party cruises but I think they're not for me.
>>
>>1565175

Malta is shit. I mean it's nice but it's one city and a bunch of villages on a beachless island.

Go to Baltic States.
>>
>>1564890
related to instagram
Its the same dude posting it over and over, I would be surprised if /trv/ has more than 100 users
>>
>>1565213
I see what the guy is saying though, he will probably never otherwise have a reason to get to Malta. I however have never been. Aren't the villages nice?
>>
>>1553883
what is the best number of couples to travel with?
i feel like it should be 3 couples (six people) but that fucks up the vehicle situation. 8 people seems burdensome and unwieldy. one other couple would be nice but its a lot of time together and does not really offer any break off moments.
>>
>>1565886
Lower number the better, definately
>>
File: M09 (1).jpg (45 KB, 480x524)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
Hello, /fit/ here

I have 3 months of vacation next winter and am hesitating between 2 types of trips;
A) a mix of Mexico-Ecuator-Costa Rica-Columbia (and/or other countries in that area)
B) Thailand-Philippines

Things to consider:
>I live in Canada, early 30s, fit with blue eyes
>I would like to spend most of my days lifting and chilling at the beach whenever I'm not exploring/sight-seeing. Evenings would be spent getting laid/trying to get laid
>I have never been to SEA, only been to Mexigo once, which I enjoyed
>I intend to start spanish lessons this year
>I would like to learn how to surf
>>
>>1565928
Ecuador & Colombia you mean retard
Anyway, do the first trip. 2nd if you like cocks homo
>>
I'm planning to go to Colombia, first solo trip.
How can I get mobile internet data (for using Google maps) if there is no WIFI?
Are there some packets and what are the prices?
I'm from Europe if that matters.
>>
>>1566458
Get a Claro/Tigo/Movistar SIM card at some Oxxo or tiny barrio store with their logos. You can buy them at the airport at like 5x their price.
>>
>>1564545
Bro, cruises are for couples, families, and groups. No one solos on a cruise. Yes, you will be looked at as a weirdo and no one is gonna wanna talk to you. You will feel lonely and trapped.
>>
>>1564961
>harpers
>1996
Why would anyone read any of that?
>>
>>1565212
>I still don't know where I find these party cruises
You seem really stupid and worthless.
>>
>>1566462
Gracias!
>>
Will everything in France be closed during the Easter weekend?
>>
>>1566844
I'm talking about small of the beaten track towns in northern France, by the way.
How about 1 May?
>>
Will you faggots stop getting every single hostel wifi in Thailand IP banned, I've had to use mobile data for posting in the last 5 places in row
>>
File: 1551317867211.jpg (391 KB, 1280x1280)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
2 questions:
What website do you use to book flights? My brother swears on Cheapo air.
Have you ever used Airbnb? I'm nervous about getting a "private room".
>>
>>1566920
First thing I do in every Thai hotel, before even putting my luggage down and checking the room, is connect via wifi and post CP on multiple boards. First thing! There's priorities in life you know.
>>
Just went to Italy for work for a few days and fell in love with it. Want to go again but maybe alone this time. What's the best city to go regarding hostels and meeting people? Don't really care about seeing the main attractions
>>
File: cat_computer_2.jpg (84 KB, 960x698)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
What are some fun things to do in Buffalo NY? Going in June for a wedding nearby, plan on visiting Niagara Falls and eating a bunch of wings. Anything else? Thx
>>
How do I get to Dvorac Fantast (castle hotel) in Vojvodina, Serbia? Can I take a bus? Coming from Subotica in the far north
>>
File: NF0A3ETPJK3_1_xlarge.jpg (60 KB, 1000x1000)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
The place i work at has these bags for sale and i'm tempted to get either the medium or the large bag for my future trips.
Let's say, for example, that i do a 7-8 days trip in a big city like Paris, should i get the medium(75L) one, or the large(91L) one?
>>
>>1568339
If you're gonna use an ugly bag, at least get yourself a backpack. Your arms & shoulders will thank you.
>>
>>1568339
>>1568428
Seconding, or a suitcase. I used to carry a bag, it was just too painful for lugging along.

And also, depends on what you carry. For 2-4 days I use smaller bags, for 5+ large.
>>
>>1568428
I already have a backpack for my photog stuff. Plus this bag is pretty much staying at the hotel the whole trip except when i'm coming from or going back to the airport.
>>
I fly to Amman for 8 days and want to visit Petra, Dead Sea and Jeruzalem. Need help with my itinerary. Doubting on other highlights such as Wadi Rum, Eilat, Tel Aviv. Currently thinking of heading down south to Aqqaba and crossing the border, visiting the Dead Sea in Israel, going to Jeruzalem and crossing the border back to Amman there. Any suggestions/opinions are greatly appreciated!
>>
>>1568606
Also, this bag can be used as a backpack too if needed.
>>
>>1566921
Google Flights or Skyscanner. However, not all airlines allow for their flights or prices to be published via 3rd party due to commission fees so sometimes it’s best to find a list of airlines that fly to and from your destination and check directly on their websites.
>>
Alright, I sound autistic here but...

Has anyone ever done a Top Gear style trip with a good friend? Buy a cheap car in a distant country and drive around with a goal in mind, whether your cars are shitboxes or plucky little classics that don't give up
Is it just unfeasible to buy cars as a complete foreigner? I saw in Vietnam there are all sorts of hoops you need to jump through to buy a car, including even having a valid work permit
>>
I'm debating flying to Britain in summer.

However, if the brits don't get their shit together for the upcoming brexit I wonder if there'll be some sort of special offers afterwards to attract tourists again (because people are already wary of booking vacations in britland and their tourism industry is suffering).

How likely is that?
>>
>>1568720
God damn this sounds like a lot of fun. I've been thinking of bringing my life long friend to south east asia with me, a motorbike adventure with him would be awesome.

So yeah, I second this question. Anybody have experience?
>>
>>1566921
>>1568659
That sounds plausible although I must say I've never found a flight that was CHEAPER on the airline's website than Skyscanner or Jetcost
And Airbnb is totally fine. I had a private room in an old lady's apartment in Barcelona. Everything was fine and she didn't bother me and if I had any questions about the city she'd answer them for me. Of course not as nice as a private flat but still really fine and so much cheaper than a hotel
>>
>>1554772
LKF in Hong Kong is cheapish and in good proximity of bars and clubs, if you like going out
Stay 5 days in HK, then take a day trip to Macau (the old city). There's a nice restaurant on the third island called Fernando's.
Best sangria i've ever had.
>>
>>1554501
Make sure you declare them in your luggage, we have pretty heavy tariffs on used feminine products and you can be fined for smuggling them.
>>
>>1563116
White people everywhere, hispanics in the cities and southwest, blacks in the cities and southeast, sad indians in the southwest, swagger indians in Oklahoma/New England. Cities tend to have more migrants of all kinds, especially coastal cities but also fast-growing cities like Austin and SLC.

Political views are mostly "I love being an open-minded democrat, please speak your language lovely foreigner" and "I love being a graceful host in the world's best country, please speak your language lovely foreigner," with the former's chief issue being immigration and the latter being guns. There's a ton of regional variations, especially with white people, and there are places where politics are "we all love immigration but may I have a gun" or "we all love guns but may I have an immigrant."
>>
>>1568898
I started planning my trip when the Brexit shit happened, and by the time I got there, the pound had mostly rebounded and the trip wasn't any cheaper than it would have been pre-brexit. Maybe unlucky timing, but I definitely not recommend trying to game currency and tourism markets. I doubt you'll get any discounts more than 5% based on that kind of stuff, and if you do, it'll 80% be luck. Just go when makes sense for you
>>
>>1566961
I spent a day there trying to find something to do. I'm pretty sure there's nothing to do. At least not generally. Might want to do some research to find a good bar to drink and meet people.
>>
File: prague.jpg (470 KB, 1200x1600)
470 KB
470 KB JPG
Is there enough to do in Prague during the days / between getting hammered & clubbing for more than 4 days? Is the nightlife there good enough to support this desire?
>>
>>1569493
Absolutely, literally one of the best cities in the world. You'll have a blast, and at not even thaaat much money
>>
>>1569497
What about 5-6 days? What's there to do during the day after the first couple days?

How's the nightlife? I need good bars, clubs (I prefer hard electronic like techno/trance but I'll settle on anything with a beat after some beer), live music, maaaaybe a strip club.

Also I want to go at the end of April, is it already season for young impressionable pretty tourists to travel there, or is it dry season still?
>>
>>1569499
You can go be a tourist and go on random tours for ages. It's beautiful there, the whole region. Museums are goodbtiib

Nightlife is brilliant and you'll find that stuff pretty much anywhere you go. Beer cheaper than water usually. Strip clubs galore.

Not certain about that one but it's Prague, if nothing else you can get cute Czechs I think
>>
>>1569497
>>1569507
Thanks, Mister!
>>
This might seem like a very basic question about something any functioning person should know and have this figured out on their own, but what is your laundry routine like when you travel (what clothes you bring, which days you wear them, when do you wash them/switch them out, etc.)? I have an idea of what I'd like to do, but I thought I'd ask for some examples (say for a week long trip). I'm not so much interested in how you do laundry but rather the scheduling and logistics behind it. I admit I may be a bum for asking this, but I'm only doing so with the purpose of improving so I can have some decency when I do travel.
>>
>>1568720
>Is it just unfeasible to buy cars as a complete foreigner?
Probably not if you're doing it cash in hand with some Hanoiese farmer who needs a new cow, what's he gonna care about some paperwork.
Getting pulled over or checked at customs is a whole different problem.
>>
>>1569705
Everyone does this differently, but here's how I do things:

>Not including the clothes I'm already wearing, I pack 5 shirts, 5 underpants, and 5 pairs of socks, and 1 pair of pants
>the reason for the pants is because they take up a lot of luggage space, and pants can actually last a surprisingly long time without washes
>change into a clean shirt, clean underpants, and a clean pair of socks every morning; I continue wearing the same pants
>only change pants when it's laundry time, or when they get unexpectedly dirty (such as spills)
>do all of my laundry when I only have 1-2 days of clean clothing left

If I'm doing a short trip, say 7 or 8 days, I don't even bother with laundry; I just pack 7 or 8 days' worth of clothes, and do my laundry when I get home. Doing laundry while traveling should only be a thing if your trip is at least 2 weeks long.
>>
>>1569705
I bring 4 pairs of clothes, on the 4th set I put the other 3 in the washer and use that as a go easy day or something till my wash is done. Usually it's the morning after I go out drinking.
>Go out drinking at night on 3rd pair of clothes
>wake up a bit hung over, change throw three pairs in the washer
>either go lay down for an extra hour or two depending how long the wash/dryer takes, or go out for some food that's a hangover cure
>chill out on recovery mode till laundry is done
>usually recovered enough to go do whatever for the rest of the day
>>
>>1569720
Thanks for the reply. I'm also interested in what to do if you're staying in a hostel where room for luggage and personal belongings is limited. Great idea for someone a bum like me to share a relatively small living space with several people, I know, but again I ask for the sake of improving. I acknowledge that are many different factors involve dependent on the situation, but I'd like to hear from those with experience.
>>
>>1569725
Thanks, this is pretty close to the plan that I had in mind. I don't expect this board to be my personal trip planner, but it's nice to hear others' experiences and see if it can apply to what I'm doing.
>>
File: 1512202252476.gif (12 KB, 250x242)
12 KB
12 KB GIF
Im from germany but im visiting the US in summer, specifically from the 07/01 to 07/20. Im gonna be in a small town in Minnesota.
I know the 4th of July celebrations are gonna be a thing, whats the best way to enjoy that ? Also anything special Minnesota or places near it have to offer ?
>>
>>1568720
>>1568915
Not autistic, my friend and I were planning a Cape to Cairo trip in an old Toyota or Land Rover, whatever we could buy in Cape Town for under $10k that was sturdy. And just drive north, then sell it for half that in Egypt.

Probably best to get a Carnet de Passage: https://www.atacarnet.com/carnet-countries
Although I'm guessing getting stopped on an African or Southeast Asian road and showing them this will be hilarious. Probably easier to just bribe your way out of shit.
>>
>>1570206
>whats the best way to enjoy that
Whatever local news station will have stuff to do, locals will have signs up, and you can always google (town name) 4th of july 2018 to see what happened last year.

Dunno what town you are in so you could be near Minneapolis, which will have a fuck load of things, or in a small own like st cloud where the parks will host most things.

If you go out for all that is good download uber or lyft for rides too and from, do not attempt to drive or walk home from the bar. You're probably underestimating the distance and cops don't always like drunks in public.

PS: dress well that place can be 30-35C in summer and humid
>>
>>1564545
>>1566465
Dudes...not necessarily.

33 here (but look about 27/28). Went on an 11 day cruise, solo. Yes, people were surprised, but most thought it was awesome.
The key here is cruise length. If you go for a 10+ day cruise, you're going to skew way older b/c who can do those? Retirees and assholes like me.
3-4 day cruises is going to be younger people and families. Week long cruises are the standard, and you'll have a mix of everyone.

I'm a Real Traveler TM but sometimes it is nice to just pay once, get on board, be carted to different islands/countries, drink, stumble back to room, get sun, get sun, get eye fucked by everyone if you're in decent shape. I was the ONLY person on the cruise with visible abs, and just made a habit of walking the deck a number of times a day. Fun seeing 45 yr old milfs stare at me and their husbands give dirty looks.

I fucked a Chilean woman who was 42 if I remember correctly. Face was...interesting, but really great tight body. Met another solo traveler girl the 2nd to last night who was smoking hot, and rich. We partied the last two nights but she got wasted both nights AND on land would be out of my league, so I didn't make too much of a move. Dancing/making out but nothing else.

Oh, and b/c the bartenders are usually filipino dudes from 25-40 yrs old, I would chat with some of them. To the point where they stopped asking for my card, aka I drank free 10 of the 11 days. And not rail shit, Don Julio and Patron and 2 free bottles of champagne that one tender just handed me as he was closing up the bar at night.

Great time would do again. Oh, but yeah you gotta be confident in yourself and content to make your own way. Wouldn't fly if you're autismo.
>>
>>1570218
>33 here (but look about 27/28)
I'm 34 and starting to feel like saying my age would tilt my game. Did you ever lie about your age and just say 30 when talking to younger women? It's not like you'll meet them again.
>>
Canadafag here, I'm gonna be flying to the states for the first time, specifically the Nashville/mcminnville area in Tennessee.
Now what are the niggers like there?
>>
Gonna be travelling to malaysia, indonesia and vietnam in summer. First country will be malaysia. Can I enter the country, leave after a week to visit the other countries and then re-enter malaysia within the same month?
>>
I’ve been interested in visiting Azerbaijan and Georgia. How feasible is this? Will i get stabbed?
>>
>>1570385
It really depends on if you can swing it I think. My friends who are my age, look our age. I easily pass for 25 sometimes, but most often 27.

To answer your question - totally hahah, if it's a one night stand or someone I'm just knowing on a trip somewhere, for sure I'll let them think I'm mid 20s. I usually let them guess my age, and they say like, 26, I go "so close! 27, yep!" They feel good about almost guessing right, I'm younger. Its a win all around haha.

Although I'm starting to notice some 22-25 yr old girls who are definitely into mid 30s guys, so I'm going to start trying to gauge that and then answer appropriately.
>>
>>1566847
Yes, they will be closed, except maybe a big supermarket.
>>
>>1570711
>definitely into mid 30s guys
From past experience, not when younger, more fun and loose guys are around.
Maybe my problem is that I feel older women (~my age) or more well-dressed, less impressionable women are out of my league or I don't know how to talk to them instead. Maybe I should instead of treading old ground.
>>
Is there a cheaper alternative to renting a car to drive around in third world shitholes? Young driver fees for being under 25 and 27 hurt bad, and I'd be down to buy a car for cheap but registering it is a pain in the ass, if even possible because I don't want to LIVE in said shithole.
Anyone know of anywhere where that might not be the case and I can buy a car with the numberplate and not worry about anything? I've heard about Bulgarian plates and the people who set a company up for you...
>>
Really dumb question, but when searching booking/hotels/agoda/whatever for a room for myself (traveling alone), what difference in price/availability will it make if I specify "2 people"?

Immediate price diff I can think of is breakfast included price is doubled. Anything else? I mean, most rooms marked for 2 with a single large bed are still presented to you when searching for just 1 person.
>>
>26, aussie
>haven't been on a holiday for over a decade
>recently got my life sorted to the point I can save up maybe 5k for a trip

Suggestions on where and what to do? I just want to relax, fuck, be mildly happier when i return, if had more money id go to a place with snow and mountains and big lakes or rivers next to each other that wasn't nz but alas.

Or nz could be ok, I do like hiking but I feel like spending aud there wouldn't be worth it
>>
>>1571132
When searching for 1 person, you literally get every option feasible for 1 person.

1 person can sleep in a compact single unit. 1 person can also sleep in a double room, a triple room, a family room, etc., if he's willing to pay extra.

The more you search, the fewer the options. For instance, 2 people can sleep in a double room, but they can't sleep in a compact single unit.

Then if you search for 4 people, chances are you'll mostly only get family rooms.
>>
>>1571132
>what difference in price/availability will it make if I specify "2 people"?

generally no, when a room states MAX OCCUPANCY that is for fire code shit, and the room will also be tailored to 1 persons meaning maybe a twin bed not a queen/king size.

Overall just check in by yourself ask for 2 keys, done
>>
>>1571341
>>1571342
>Overall just check in by yourself ask for 2 keys, done

It's less the number of keys and more a matter of comfort of sleeping/living there and how comfortable I feel for example bringing in a girl I met. I seriously never thought if a hotel would mind if I bring a non-guest to stay over in what they consider a 1-person bedroom, also if the bed is indeed a single it will not be as fun to have sex there / let her stay over.
>>
Going to North Korea, should I give the guides some gifts at the beginning?

>cash tips
Yes, but that seems to come before departure.
> semi-expensive alcohol
Hennessy, like their dear leader?
>cigarettes
Which brand? (I'm not a smoker)
>other stuff?
>>
>>1571361
lmao for a one night thing she won't give a shit so long as it's not a fucking hostel or capsule hotel.

You're overthinking this anon
>>
>>1571381
>she won't give a shit
Firstly, she will if she's older, as am I. Secondly, won't the hotel?
>>
>>1571384
>Firstly, she will if she's older, as am I.
uhhh no, do you not understand how 1 nighters work?
>Secondly, won't the hotel?
fuck no dude have you never banged in a hotel before?

I take back what I said, given how you are posting there is no way outside a hooker you are getting laid
>>
>>1571387
>do you not understand how 1 nighters work?
I've had plenty on vacation, some with younger women some with older, oldest I had was in her early 40's.
>have you never banged in a hotel before?
I was almost always there from work in a very very good room reserved for 2, so I acknowledged in advance my question is really dumb. No need to be a shithead about it.
>>
>>1571388
If you know all this why the fuck you asking lol
>>
>>1571449
>If you know all this
Well because I know all this, not all that. I asked something else.
>>
Anyone know if Shanghai Disneyland removed everything related to Winnie the Pooh?
>>
>>1571959
kek
>>
File: Coffee.jpg (8 KB, 226x166)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
My family wants to do more traveling, but we are the poverty line. What are some ways for a family of 5 to do travel and fun without destroying what little we have saved?
>>
>>1572180
Anon, I sympathize with your situation, but the answers/replies you're gonna get are NOT gonna be pretty. The nicest way I can put it is "save up more."
>>
>>1572195
So there are no go-to coupons or life-hack ways to get discounts? Is pretty much what I'm asking.
>>
Looking to do a 4-5 day trip to Greece in July, solo. Want to explore + visit the beach and also meet people and party. What would be the best place to do that?
>>
Hey guys.

I'm planning a hitch hiking trip through central asia/iran/caucasus>europe.

i have hitched plenty in Europe and Australia and i admit this is some next level shit. but this time i will have alot more money at my disposal, i want to eat at more cafes/restaurants this time round, and even stay at a few hotels and what not along the way.

so what i'm asking is if i could bring one set of clothes which is somewhat respectable/allowed. what would it be?
>>
>>1572180
sell everything you have and buy a caravan.

itll def be more exciting than ure everyday shit
>>
>>1572180
Travelling costs money. Why do you think the peasants whose country you visit aren't already visiting yours?
>>
>>1572180
It's hard to respond when you haven't provided any details.

Some generic stuff.

-Churn credit card offers
-Take advantage of discounted gift cards
>>
Im visiting family in Norway this christmas, is it worth doing some traveling to other nearby countries or is it not worth it with low sunlight/ too much snow ?
>>
>>1572180
Get a strip of acid and turn on the travel channel.
>>
Travelling to Spain with my family at the end of this month. My family is staying for a week, but I will be hanging back for 5 more days. I am trying to decide on where to go.

I'm not a picky person but I guess I like to have a mix between historical sites to see and thriving night life. Convenient transportation is always a plus.

So far I've been to:
Norway: Oslo, Odda
France: Rennes, Issodun, Paris
Germany: Munich, Berlin
Vienna and Amsterdam

So far I'm looking at:
Ireland - I've heard good things about Blarney
Morocco - You can take a ferry right from Seville
Italy - My fathers side is from Calabria
Greece - My friend studied in Athens and loved it

Any suggestions?
>>
>>1572254
Go to visit Lapland. Fly to Rovaniemi and do the usual Santa Claus + reindeers + huskies + polar lights memes.
>>
OK, so surprise weekend in Prague over Easter. Hotels fully fucking booked around old town already (like 150$ a night), fucking ridiculous. Was thinking of taking a room away from that cluster (definitely not walking distance from Prague 1). I'm aware bars and clubs there are expensive shitty tourist traps, but then again tourist traps are full of drunk foreign bitches on a hen party looking for fun. So 2 questions:

1. How hard is it to travel exceedingly drunk, in public transport (possibly with a girl) in Prague at 2AM at night? Are the lines efficient, frequent, can you buy tickets and shit at the bus/tram etc.?

2. Are there ANY bars/clubs/nightlife locations recommended in that area anyway, or do I need to do detective work and figure out where else in Prague is filled with good people, good music and reasonably priced drinks?
>>
I'm thinking of solo traveling for...let's say 7-10 days, sometime in the next few months. I'd like to start in Naples (Italy) because my best friend hypes it up so much, and surely there's enough to see there for many weeks on its own, but I'm wondering: how feasible would it be to also go to Germany and Czech Republic in that same span of time?

If it'd be best to stay roughly in one (part of a) country, does anyone have any really general tips for doing such a thing? I read the responses to the second anon's questions but they aren't especially relevant as I'll be staying in AirBnBs more likely than not. I've never been outside of the US before fwiw.
>>
>>1553883
Thinking of honeymoon in punta cana in september.

Thoughts? Up
>>
why dont you just take the components out, pack them well in bubblewrap and sell the case and monitor and just replace those once you arrive, a tower is gonna weigh a tonne and just add to your baggage whereas most components could probably be put in your carry on
>>
>>1572694
Wrong board, friend.
>>
I'm thinking about doing Copenhagen->Munich\Vienna (still haven't decided on which one) and Amsterdam
Are 3 days in each city enough?
Should I choose Munich or Vienna?
I've been to Berlin and it was pretty bland
I like the option to walk everywhere and just see what's up
Also, I'm up for suggestions for places in Western Europe that I could do in 3 days and aren't as much of a hassle to get around
I like Museums and wandering the city
Food and pubs are a plus
>>
>>1572942
Prague is gonna be more interesting than Munich but I've never been to Vienna so I can't tell you for sure about that. But it's cheap and food and beer are fantastic
>>
How can I meet people when traveling alone without staying in a hostel?
>>
>>1572996
Bars. Tinder.
>>
>>1573002
>Tinder for meeting people
>Tinder for meeting people you don't just want to fuck and drop
What?
>>
>>1572653
depends on the resort but i think there are better options for a honeymoon. Punta Cana more spring break than honeymoon.
>>
>>1572180
where are you based out of?
>>
How do I take my belongings with me when traveling solo and exploring alone? I.e I want to take my phone or a camera and money, but if I'm gonna be on the beach and swimming, I can't lug those things along.
>>
I know a girl that seems to almost *always* be travelling somewhere, I've got a bit of a crush on her too.

She's getting piped in these places right? How the fuck's she afford it?
>>
>>1574299
She has a job, manages her money well, prioritises traveling over other shit. Getting piped isn't the only way to make money when you're smart
>>
File: machiavelli.jpg (129 KB, 1365x1060)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>1553883
Looking to maybe move to Spain from US with my wife for a long period (years) but I'm a type 1 diabetic and I would need a smooth transition into their healthcare system. Can any helpful Spain bro redpill me on their healthcare system for new arrivals or people with visas? I know they have government healthcare but I'm not sure how its extended to people with preexisting conditions who aren't citizens yet. Also if there's anyone who knows specifically treatment plans they use for type 1s that be obviously great (I'm on a pump getting novalog the company has a Madrid number so maybe I could call and get info there too). Thanks in advance I'll be lurkin
>>
>>1572541
where on spain?
>>
>>1574479
Well bro, I cant tell you much, but that we dont let people die on the streets
>>
>>1574575
Well I'm glad I won't die lol. Mostly I'm worried more about getting the care I need to survive but being caught in a bureaucratic trap where I have a big bill I have to pay off later. Plus I might be able to stock up on supplies here before I leave if there's a like a time period in Spain where I'd be in full coverage purgatory and take them with me.
>>
>>1573012
Tinder has many uses, as it turns out.

Some people have even gotten committed long-term relationships & marriages through Tinder. Now THIS is the worst way to use Tinder.
>>
Told my parents I'm going traveling solo and they freaked out. My mom almost had a panic attack and started screaming at me that I'm gonna die lmao. They're very traditional and think people should work a 9-5 and stay in their shell all their life to be "safe".

How do I calm them down? I'm 21 so old enough to make my own decisions and I'm going whatever happens -- I have a good job, enough money, etc. But this is causing so much tension between us.
>>
>>1574807
The best way is to just go and show them that you're doing alright in a couple months, sure they'll be chewing their fingernails off worrying but as time goes on they'll relax and "don't even think about it" becomes "alright alright fine when are you coming home" which becomes "where are you headed next".
I speak from experience, my grandparents thought I was going to be a lifelong hobo 3 years ago, now they want to join me some time.
>>
>>1574807
1. Plan your trip out, make a schedule of day by day. You don't need to stick to it at all
2. show you have funding for it, researched the language, etc
3. Book and go

Unless you are living in her flat not much else she can do about it other than be a worry wart. I mean if you are going to some country full of issues like india, then yeah okay.
>>
>>1574823
>Unless you are living in her flat
Yep. Else I wouldn't tell them at all. Saving on the horrific rent prices here.

>country full of issues like India
Nope, Greece lol. I'd definitely life if I were going to Thailand or something, because they'd probably start planning my funeral.
>>
>>1574807
I'm 20 and I don't mind going solo, but my parents do. I guess I will try again when I'm 25 or something. Anyways they don't mind if at least another person comes with my, whatever the age and is above 19
>>
File: bullet.gif (12 KB, 550x530)
12 KB
12 KB GIF
is every city on the shinkansen lines worth visiting? already been to hiroshima, osaka and kobe, not massively into the idea of tokyo though. hakadate and the northern cities, any good?
>>
>>1574871
My plan is to tell them I'm going with my colleagues, because we often go on work trips. You could do the same, don't wait until 25, that's too long
>>
>>1574807
what ever you do, don't let them stop you, man, i wish i had the idea to go when i was younger, i'm in my 30's now and only just started travelling, i've got so much out of it that i wished i did it earlier in life
>>
>>1574893
I won't, I'll find some way to go.

They want me to spend all my money on a mortgage... but I don't want to saddle myself with this BS at such a young age. I love them but man are they way too traditional.

What countries have you been to?
>>
>>1574887
Nah I dont mind either way.... I mean if I have to go solo I will, but some friends heard about my plans and volunteer to come with me. The more the merrier
>>
>>1574582
Same dude here again, bro you need residence permission, go to the hospital and ask for the sanitary card. You should get treatment
>>
>>1575037
Fuck its really that simple!? Lol I'm just a trained mutt I guess I expect nightmares of paperwork.
>>
Do you take anti-malarials when travelling in SE Asia? I know the risk is very low in most backpacker areas but it's still a concern because I tend to get bitten lots despite using spray
>>
>>1575040
Yeah I mean the only hard thing should be getting residence, Dont know myself, I just asked my paki friend while showing him around seville's alcázar. He's been living here like for 14 years so I trust him on these matters
>>
>>1575135
We would legit do the residency stuff first and have that part done we have some Spanish friends who have offered to help us make it happen I'm just relieved that there's just the one major hoop to jump through.
>>
>>1574807
reddit.com/r/teenagers
>>
have the option to be stationed in DC, Iwakuni, or Naples for 2 years. Trying to decide which would be best to be able to explore the area
>>
Hello, /trv/, I have a legit tough question for you.

Haven't had a vacation in some 3 years, finally got my leave in late April.

I just want to pick a resort hotel where I can just chill, swim in a pool, go to spa, bathhouse, drink and eat my fucking gut out.

Currently I am working in Russia (international company with weird rotation basis), so I'd like something close to it, like Greece, Cyprus, Turkey or whatever.

Problem is - I've never been on a chillax vacation before, so I have no way or knowing which resort is going to be grand and which is not. After all, Turkish 5 stars is pretty subjective.

Give your recommendations, pls.
>>
>>1575559
How about Georgia? They have a seven-star hotel that is very affordable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPsbVtQbJx0
This is very clearly a shill video by some YouTube travel vlogger, but it still gives you an idea.
>>
>>1575625
holy shit
there must be some catch.
>>
>>1575652
The video does explain that those are winter prices, so it might cost a little more now. At least it's not summer yet.
>>
>>1575221
I'd go with Naples, personally. Being able to take extended weekend trips around Europe is pretty dope.
>>
>>1575221
I'd also say Naples. Can explore the surrounding countries which all have difference cultures, whereas the ones around your other locations don't.
>>
How do people jump into lakes/the sea and just swim around or tread water? I've never been able to do that but I see it all the time.

I'm not a strong swimmer so the idea of jumping into deep water off a boat terrifies me, but it looks so fun. How do I learn, will it take too long?
>>
>>1576452
I'd imagine you could probably learn the reflex on your own in a week at your local pool. Start at the shallow end until it starts getting over your neck, then try to keep yourself above water in one place. Once you find a good rhythm instead of thrashing around, then you'll have it made.

And yeah, just jumping into the water and swimming around is pretty fun. Just make sure it's deep enough and the current isn't too strong.
>>
anyone know how many places actually check if you have an onward ticket? not that i want to overstay but i want to hop from country to country but i dont want to book too far ahead because i just want to come and go as i please and where i go next will depend on what tickets are on special at that time

i have an aussie passport if it makes any difference so not a risk to overstay like some
>>
Tough question on India /Myanmar land border.

Is a MTT permit required to take a direct bus from Moreh/Tamu to mandalay?
Wiki travel says no but they haven't provided a source
Most travellers report needing one, someone even says they needed two.

Corruption and lack of official information are key issues here.

I dont want to get scammed at the Myanmar border or even worse be stuck in nomans land because the Indians won't let me back in (I have a valid visa but need to exit and re-enter in a week)

I've emailed Myanmar immigration but haven't heard back.
I've also requested clarification on wiki travel but a response is pending.
>>
>>1553883

Urgent question :
Where would you stay at the Dead Sea? Which hotel/city would you recommend for one night? Need to book in 12h, please respond
>>
>>1576474
It totally depends. I have an American passport. I’ve never had an onward ticket. I don’t remember if they’ve even asked. But I would just say I’m taking a bus to the next country.
I was traveling with an American friend who looks asian a few years ago. They made him buy a ticket before he could board the plane. (he got a refundable one and cancelled later) can’t remember which country this was but probably Peru or Colombia.
>>
>>1555601
Torre del Lago Puccini used to be a huge Italian LGBT hotspot, maybe you can find hanger-ons. there's Palermo too.
>>
I should really have asked this here. Dumb question, but how many "going-out" sets of clothes do you bring with you if you'll be in smoke-heavy environments (clubs, bars) every night and know you'll leave smelling like an ashtray? It's not fun wearing the same smoky clothes the next night, but on the other hand bringing 6 pairs of pants and non-daytime shirts/jackets for 6 nights feels like too much.
>>
>>1569720
What's your go to black T-shirt? I'm doing a month is south East Asia is July and need to know what shirts to bring.
>>
>>1576952
I try to wear moisture-wicking shirts whenever possible. Popular brands include Under Armour, Nike Dri-Fit, etc. Not just for minimizing sweat, but because they dry the fastest when doing laundry yourself.
>>
>>1576701
I stayed there a few months ago, accommodation choices are limited but very few people visit.

I stayed at this place on the right hand side of the road as you approach town, the front section is probably still under construction.
Not sure if you can book online.

I think I put it on wikivoyage, I can't remember so well

If this is for a visa just make a fake booking for aktobe if you're crossing by sea

The sea isn't so dead now, the old ships are gone in the main location, several are preserved at the museum.

If you are interested google "aralsk-7", an abandoned bioweapons plant nearby.
>>
>>1576825
Barman here
Long sleeve poly shirts rinse out pretty easy, I'd say three
>>
I almost always book two to three hotels on booking.com (that allow free cancelation), so that I can pick the most suitable one closer to the day and cancel the rest. is there some sort of policy against this?
>>
>>1577089
Booking.com doesn't have one, they just run off of the hotel's cancellation policy.
>>
Looking to take a trip in August somewhere where I can just chill on the beach. Must be scorching hot of course. Where should I go? I'm in Europe.
>>
Is Istanbul safe to visit these days? There isn't anything going on right now right?
>>
>>1576968
>Long sleeve poly shirts
Was with you up until "poly".
>rinse out
What if you're in a standard hotel room with but a shower/sink - where/how do you dry them out without them looking like shit? And what about jeans / other trousers?
>>
File: 1547069751951.jpg (3.72 MB, 2800x1575)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB JPG
Posted as as thread, but happy to have it ignored and answered here.

I have around £100,000 ($130,000). I am happy to live in most places, but where is best for lifestyle/money? I am university educated and have worked in specialised (financial) law enforcement for 10 years. It appears that I am splitting up with my long term girlfriend, and a fresh start would be beneficial. Ideally, much like everyone else, I'd like to work as little as possible but I know that it isn't possible. Based on my family history, I am unlikely to live past 60, so somewhere to sustain me for around 30 years would be great.

Any experiences from anyone else who has taken the plunge to start a new life elsewhere is appreciated.
>>
>>1576964
This is a good tip
>>
>>1577237
For what I've heard it seems safe, you just have to avoid some areas at night and beware of scams.
I have a flight for Istanbul in less than an hour
>>
>>1577333
That'll keep you a float for a number of years, but not 30, not even in a place like the Philippines. I had a bit of money saved, I put half into Bitcoin and use the rest to travel on the cheap, I did this a number of years ago now so I have a lot more money, but still not enough to fund 30-40 years of my lifestyle. Bitcoin is back down at the moment, so might be an idea but depends on your risk profile - personally I'd rather be dead than ever work again so it doesn't bother me I lost over a million bucks from it's highs back in 2017, I have plenty left.
>>
>>1577539
That's what I was expecting to hear, have a fun trip!
>>
>>1576825
just leave your clothes hanging out of a window, a simple night breeze will remove all the smell from clothing. saves you a lot of luggage and washing
>>
Going to aruba

Advice?
>>
I want to book 2 flights using qantas points. 1 for me and a friend. Generally, will they ask questions if I put him as my brother in law?
>>
>>1578342
I'm not familiar with Qantas' policies, but if redeeming points on behalf of a person other than yourself stipulates that they must be a relative, I highly doubt they're going to make you prove that you're related.

What are they gonna do, ask your friend to provide a marriage certificate shared between him and your sister? Take a second to think how stupid that sounded. I don't think an airline would be that silly.
>>
>>1578679

Yeah. I just said he's my brother in law. It's only for the flight home anyway so I doubt the foreign Qantas desk is gonna check and deny us before we board.
>>
Any suggestions on what sort of backpack to wear that's big enough for a decent trip but also doesn't make you look like a complete knob? I'm not a fashion-minded sort of person but I just don't want to look like a loser carrying around my big navy blue travel backpack
>>
File: 5056870-VCG01.jpg (2.38 MB, 1671x2500)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
>>1579205
Osprey Farpoint 40 (pictured) or Fairview 40.

Just big enough for carry-on, big enough for a decent trip, and looks like a normal enough backpack; doesn't look anything like the typical camping backpacks that unwashed hippies wear. The colors aren't too obnoxious, either. They come in black, red, blue, and green (the latter three are in duller shades).

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.