[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I feel like MP ultra magnus and delta magnus are complete failures. They are good toys, but they don't accurately represent "powered convoy" from diaclone.

The whole point of the original toy is, its convoy (optimus prime) going into a battle suit upgrade mode.

With the mp ultra/delta magnus, there is no extra convoy figure.

I really don't understand this, and I think its only because in the animation, ultra magnus doesn't do that.

Overall i like both modes, but wish the truck could turn into a budget mp-10
>>
File: 1655378096882.jpg (347 KB, 1093x1280)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
>>
>>9966279
It always bugged me that Powered Convoy went from mouthplate to mouth in his powered form.
>>
>>9966279
Is this parody
>>
>>9966332
I don't want an ultra magnus cartoon figure. I want an improved version of the toy.

Both modes look like the toy, other than the main feature.
>>
>>9966363
>it's a failure because it's not what I want
Kids these days.
>>
>>9966279
MP shifted to cartoon accuracy and he doesn't do it in the cartoon.

there's plenty of other ultra magnus toys with this feature especially if you just get a third party one
>>
>>9966279
The most recent Newage and MS versions do work as "armored convoy" but the MS version has a lot of leftover parts - probably because they had to design the armor slash trailer to fit an Optimus mold which at that point has existed for years, and they never planned to make an armored version before. Meanwhile NA developed both at the same time and thus managed to score a point over MS. Wouldn't surprise me that now MS has released a 2.0 of their Optimus mold so soon after the aforementioned BTFOing by NA, they will make another attempt at doing a Powered Convoy.
>>
>>9966279
>they don't accurately represent "powered convoy" from diaclone.
That's because it's not powered convoy, it's Ultra Magnus from the movie/cartoon. That's the whole point.
>>
>>9966279
>he's a g1 toy (diaclone) fan and doesn't care about the animation version of the character
fucking based, but be more cautious or people will act like you're being contrarian for even daring to mention the origin of the franchise
>>
>>9966735
>he's into the wrong line
The word you're looking for isn't based, it's retarded.
>>
>>9966714
I want one in mp scale
>>
>>9966279
I felt the same way about the Siege/Earthrise Magnus, if only because the inner robot sort of sucked ass, and the white Optimus concept is a lot of the appeal of Ultra Magnus to me.
>>
>>9966759
Whatever, tooner.
>>
>>9967903
Copy hitler and kill yourself.
>>
>>9967905
whatever diosoth
>>
>>9967906
Is that some jewish guy that cucked you or something?
>>
>>9967908
>He doesn't know
Diosoth is that unironic bernout who throws tantrums over Doom, anyone politically right of Mao, Christians and Jin Saotome. Also idolizes disgraced TV star Chris Hansen (who cheated on his wife with a kid in Thailand).
>>
>>9967915
Ah so it's some nonentity whom that autist obsesses over, got it.
>>
>>9967965
Nah Diosoth is pretty widely hated on the board. He hasn't popped up for a while but he's VERY recognizable and annoying when he does appear. I don't think >>9967905 is him, Diosoth generally goes far wordier than that.
>>
>>9967970
What's his angle that he spazzes about?
>>
>>9967972
Depends on the subject, but usually tangents anything into a screaming fit about "conservatards" and how anyone who wouldn't make Stalin look like a moderate centrist is an "evil Rightist /pol/tard who needs to get the bullet". This includes:
>Jin Saotome
>Christians of any denomination or level of faith
>Fans of any DOOM game made after the 90s (I have no idea why)
>Anyone with the slightest appreciation for anime
>Anyone with the slightest criticism of modern Star Wars
He also REALLY has a bee in his bonnet about Trump. He's like if you took the average strawman image of a right wing 4chan user and made them a real, unironic person, but made them left wing instead.
>>
>>9967902
I hate that piece of crap because it doesn't do the one thing a Magnus should be able to do: car carry

What's the point of a car Carrier that doesn't carry cars?
>>
>>9967979
>This includes
>Trump
>Jin
>Christians

Based

>Doom
>Star Wars
>Anime
Mmmm not so based
>>
>>9966693
Post-pandemic TF fandom due to all the influx of zoomers has a my way or the highway mindset. If it wasn't exactly what OP wanted then it's a failure and HasTak should die in shame.
>>
>>9968085
>Implying boomers aren't just as bad in this regard
Just look at the dipshit who reviewed the new Cybertron Metroplex and couldn't comprehend that it wasn't the Geewun guy.
>>
>>9968118
Zoomer confirmed.
>>
>>9968397
"Zoomers" are literal children, I'm in my mid-20s.
>>
>>9968085
>>9968118
>>9968397
>>9968761
Zoomers are the only hope your brand has left. If we all stopped now, transformers would end with a year or two
>>
This you faggot?

>>9967868

Go to /tfg/
>>
>>9968761
>>9968784
OK zoomer.
>>
>>9969240
Zoomers >>>>> boomers.
>>
>>9970874
OK zoomer.
>>
>>9970953
OK boomer.
>>
>>9970982
OK zoomer.
>>
>>9971041
OK boomer.
>>
>>9971115
OK zoomer.
>>
>>9971116
OK boomer. Your misbegotten, obsolete kind belong in the pits of Hell by the way.
>>
>>9971117
OK zoomer.
>>
>>9971123
That's right, boomer. Carry on repeating the same tired phrase on loop like a broken record. Because that's all you can do. You refuse to accept your ephemeral nature, the obsolescence of your existence and your impending mortality. Soon the synthetic sugars you pumped yourself full of in your youth will take their toll and you will expire, with no legacy other than a reputation for being annoying to those who will replace you. You will die, unmourned and unremembered. You will be forgotten, abandoned by time.
In short: OK boomer.
>>
>>9971129
OK zoomer.
>>
>muh zoomer
>muh boomer
You're all autistic transfags, try to get along.
>>
>>9971147
OK oomer.
>>
>>9971149
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.