[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 64 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: tuvarandbadra2.png (794 KB, 1280x640)
794 KB
794 KB PNG
Welcome to MOTU General! Don't accept any imitations.
Previous Thread:>>9953994
Recent news:
Two Bad announced for Masterverse! Origins when?

Special Edition SDCC Edition News:
Recent News:
Mattel Creations:
- Special Edition 40th Anniversary Masterverse Skeletor vs He-Man SOLD OUT
- Origins Eternia Playset coming soon to Mattel Creations order date TBA
- Camo Khan Origins TBA
- He-Man origins 40th Ann pack with Origins styled Filmation, NA, Mike Young, and Netflix He-Man with chrome swords order date TBA
- Skelcons TBA
- Grizzlor Origins TBA
- Motu x FallGuys tba
- MCX Power of Grayskull
- Still available MCX Snake Mountain

Target preorders:
- Exclusive Sun Man and New Adventures He-Man
- Sun-Man & the Rulers of the Sun 3 pack with Pig-Head, Flat-top Sun Man, and Space Sumo

Walmart preorders-
- New Eternia Battle Armor He-Man Masterverse figure (non exclusive)
- Origins Roton (supposedly Walmart Exclusive)

Misc:
- Snake Men Origins wave: Snake Armor He-Man, Bolt Man, Kobra Khan (no gimmick, just effect piece), and Rattlor (rattle, but no springload strike gimmick, just extra neck parts)
- King Hiss revealed, retains most of the original gimmick
- Masterverse Jitsu up for preorder on Amazon
- Preorders for Masterverse 40th He0Man and He-ro up on BBTS and EE
- Season 3 trailer for NF He-Man and the MOTU up, will release in August
- Mondo 1/6 Battlecat and Trapjaw on display
- Mondo R Skeletor SDCC Exclusive
- MYP MOTU on youtube, NA on Peacock

Big display at SDCC Featuring:
- Masterverse R Sorceress, God-Lynn, Classic Frosta, Concept Man-E Faces, Stratos, Shadow Weaver, Pig-Head, NA He-Man

Netflix:
- Mer-Man, Hordak, Skeletor on “Battle Bones”, “Stridor” and Moss Man revealed. S3 08/18!

Archive:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/search/subject/%2Fmotu%2F/

Discord:
https://discord.gg/gawhFwRdyp

Thread Question:
What's your ideal interpretation of Two Bad?
>>
File: motuc-terroar.jpg (88 KB, 800x800)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
When they recolored Whiplash's head purple and attached it to a scaly torso and right arm, the result looked a lot like Badra.
>>
>>9962172
this motherfucker will never not be the coolest
>>
>>9962100
Best OP this year.
>>
File: UH-OH.jpg (610 KB, 2382x935)
610 KB
610 KB JPG
>>
>>9962172

He looks sick as hell, but they should've used Mekaneck's neck. Feel like he's more machine than flesh inside.
>>
>>9962172
>>9962188
>>9962279
I wish I could like Terroar as much as everyone else seems to, but I just hate Whiplash's stupid face so much. Literally any other head save him.
>>
>>9962279
More authentic to original intended toy that would reause Rattlor's body, including the neck.
>>
>>9962252
Ha, ha, what if he tied Leech's mouth shut and kept filling him up with water so his stomach got all big, ha ha, that'd be weird huh? ha ha
>>
>>9962172
i will always regret not getting this 3 pack when i could
>>
>>9962286

I feel the same. Clawful's would have been decent
>>
>>9962252
I demand more pictures of Leech voring cute girls.

For science.
>>
File: 20220804_101537.jpg (765 KB, 1972x2268)
765 KB
765 KB JPG
>>9962331
Do not summon him
>>
is this is becoming a fetish thread?

Now someone will appeal to crossdressing/tg fetish and put He-Man's head on Teela's bod.
>>
>>9962385
I mean, way back there was an anon who would have BG Teela sacrificed to the Prometheus Trilobite tentacle creature
>>
Teela a garbage post Adora, best MOTU girl
>>
>>9962385
Shame they never made a Dream Mistress figure. I wonder, does this mean Hordak is secretly trans?
>>
>>
Now that the dust has settled, out of all the new reveals, how many are on your pull list?
(Assume you will have absolutely no problem acquiring all you want regardless of how they sell it)

For me it's Grizzlor, Skeleton Warriors, Tung Lashor, maybe Kobra Khan depending on how I feel closer to his release, Masterverse Pig-Head, Two-Bad and Roboto
>>
>>9962425
Clever
>>
>>9962286
I like both whiplash and terroar so its a win win for me
>>9962311
terroar with clawful's head would be too close to destructor in my opinion. at the very least I'd accept a random snakeman head or even the dragon blaster one.
>>
>>9962292
there's no way matty will avoid the easy parts reusue man, we'll get them anon
>>
>>9962432
snakes, mini comics trapjaw, whiplash, and thunder punch
>>
>>9962448
Destructor may be my favorite of that group. I like the idea of a member of Clawful's race becoming the Lord of Destruction in Skeletor's absence.
>>
>>9962425
i vote we name scareglow's new waifu "scream queen"
>>
File: fuerza-tdestructor.jpg (16 KB, 272x400)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>9962459
>I like the idea of a member of Clawful's race becoming the Lord of Destruction in Skeletor's absence.
i find the idea funny honestly. these grumpy crab men thanos'ing eternia wouls be pretty chuckle worthy. speaking of fuerza t though, if origins does deliver on them they better all retain their clow in the dark eyes and teeth dammit.
>>
>>9962432
>For me it's Grizzlor, Skeleton Warriors, Tung Lashor, maybe Kobra Khan depending on how I feel closer to his release, Masterverse Pig-Head, Two-Bad and Roboto
Grizzlor, Kamo Khan, Skeleton Warriors, Masterverse Pig-Head and call him a giant demon who can only be killed by silver arrows.
Maaaybe Rattlor and Tung Lashor, because Origins produces a lot of FOMO (remember Tri-Klops?).
MV Two-Bad looks fantastic, but if I get him it'll be like committing to a third scale (Mega was my first MotU line as an adult). I'll probably wait for his price to drop and see if I can scoop up discounted core characters to display with him.
>>
>>9962463
One time I came up with an OC whose feature would be a sound chip thst made her really scream and I called her "Banshreek".
>>
File: Leech Ride.jpg (95 KB, 1000x1333)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>9962331
>>
File: PoP Leech.jpg (179 KB, 1920x934)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>9962331
>I demand more of Leech doing something horrible.
>For science.
Reminder that in Entrapta's first appearance, Leech called her "my friend."
>>
>>9962491
A Horde fidget cube?
>>
>>9962491
>>
Does anyone know where I can get the Super Impulse MOTU wave 2 or gift set? I know that they're starting to show up somewhere, but the giftset's been out of stock on Amazon ever since it went up and no idea on this next wave.
>>
File: MotU O Leech wall-crawler.jpg (2.22 MB, 3120x4160)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB JPG
>>9962499
>A Horde fidget cube?
The Classics/Origins head made my headcanon for Leech that he's a huge extrovert, but maybe he also has autism he manages with a Horde fidget cube.
>>
redpillme on faker, bros.
>>
File: 20210920_172147.jpg (2.05 MB, 3850x2665)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
>>9962711
He's Eternia's most cunning master of disguise
>>
>>9962711
*bluepill
>>
>>9962735
>¡Hola amigos! ¡Onions yo, tu amado campeón He-Man!
>What did he say?
>Oh you know He-Man, always such a practical joker.
>>
File: ISijRv9.gif (821 KB, 432x324)
821 KB
821 KB GIF
>>9962739
>Onions
>>
>>9962711
>redpillme on faker, bros.
Eh, you can skip him if you're on the fence. He's redundant in displays and has very little /co/ material, so it all depends on how you bring your imagination to toys.
I have Mega Construx Faker and Battle Armor Faker, and was inspired by the compatible Terminator exoskeleton to come up with a robot factory in Snake Mountain that's produced a subseries with synthetic flesh (see also: closet of Fakers in his Origins mini-comic).
Lord Faker and Duplicat are also fun, but would set you back big bucks.
>>
>>9962711
The masterverse faker is kinda like an eternian terminator, so that's cool imo.
>>
>>9962711
I just like the colors, the concept is fun but as far as owning him it's kidna dumb since it's jsut blue he-man with skeletor's armor.
>>
>>9962477
"Ban-Shriek" is such a good name it sounds like a character that should already exist
>>
>>9962234
Thanks, it was tricky to find side view shots of two bad. Funny thing is I had to mirror it so they were facing each other. They're never referred as Badra and Tuvar, it's always the other way around. Not sure why.

I really would love to see an interpretation of them with Beavis and Butthead like personalities where they get along great or bicker and smack each other when something comes between them. Also would be a funny potential bootleg with Beavis and Butthead heads and maybe AC/DC and Metallica on their armor that or the royalty free merchandise Death Rock and Skull.
>>
>>9962432
I'm a little less excited for the snake men since the gimmicks are less than ideal, I'm hoping I can get grizzlor and camo khan so I'm not as excited for origins as I am masterverse. Bat lyn and shadow weaver really caught my eye, honestly I like all the masterverse sdcc reveals.
>>
>>9962969
>I'm a little less excited for the snake men since the gimmicks are less than ideal,
I'd REALLY like to skip the Snake Men who are losing their vintage gimmicks, but there's also FOMO that they won't get made for Masterverse or Mega, meaning no pic related for me.
>>
File: PoP-shades2.jpg (133 KB, 720x480)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
OTOH, it just takes the gimped Origins Rattlor to complete this Force Squad.
OTOOH, they might not make Origins Shadow Weaver since she's coming to Masterverse.
>>
File: 20220804_173940.jpg (1.31 MB, 1956x3044)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
The Virgin Webstor
>needs grappling hook to climb walls
>claims to be spider; doesn't spin his own webs
>only 4 limbs instead of 8
>can't afford his own tooling, just uses Skeletor's body
>part of a loose collection of randos that never accomplish goal
>Evil Master of Escape; runs away from fights
>"I miss Kobra Khan".
>catgirls hate him

The Chad Leech
>can just walk up walls, no assistance required
>lives up to his namesake, will suck the life out of anything
>actually has 4 limbs when he shouldn't have any
>lots of unique body parts, stands out from his peers
>an elite member of the Evil Horde; has conquered countless kingdoms
>Evil Master of Power Suction; you can't escape his grasp as he drains your strength
>has many friends, but doesn't rely on any one of them to complete him
>catgirls love him
>>
>>9963078
Based
>>
That Kol-Darr comic mentioned "light and dark side of Eternia". Was that a common concept? I only remember it in 2002 MYP cartoon.
>>
File: 20220708_205056.jpg (3.19 MB, 2244x2360)
3.19 MB
3.19 MB JPG
>>9963078
Based
>>
>>9963078
>catgirls love him
Seriously though, this is part of why I'm a Horde fanboy. The imagination the designers poured into all-new tooling wipes the floor with what came before.
FFS, the Evil Warriors equivalent of Mantenna is merely Tri-Klops.
>>
Cool, I should have kol dar in a few days. He has a cool hat, unlike some other dars, and a beard.
>>
>>9963078
my sides!
>>
>>9963038
I know what you mean, it's not a fomo thing for me but I did say I would attempt to complete the full retail origins line. Warts and gimped gimmicks included.
>>
>>9963199
So every last naked Stratos while you're missing out on Grizzlors and whatnots?
>>
>>9963201
Lol, yes I will corner the nekkid bird man market! Nyah nyah nyah! I just told myself don't stress over power con or even rise of evil type exclusives, it just spoils the fun of collecting for me personally. I'll still try to get grizzlor and Khan of course but not if it makes me dislike masters of the universe, it's not worth it.
>>
>>9963207
Very healthy approach. Thumbs up.
>>
Reminded me that I really like the toy-styled Catra design much more than ANY of her other ones. It's cute and sexy.
>>
>>9963214
It's a cute mashup of "human dressed as cat" from DC's Catwoman and the fur and barbarian shield of a MotU design.
>>
>>9963214
Kinda looks like wonder woman there
>>
>>9963038
>FOMO

It's only fomo if you have zero complaints.
Like, I bought Ninjor because of FOMO even though he's not even close to being a favorite because I thought he was a perfect rendition of the character.

But I have zero regrets in skipping Stinkor because I had multiple gripes, even though he's a character I like much more than Ninjor.

So, yeah, I'm not gonna feel like I've missed anything skipping Rattlor, because he doesn't have the biggest selling point.
>>
File: MotU O Heroic Warriors.jpg (2.65 MB, 4160x3120)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB JPG
Personalities I give my MotU characters:

He-Man: Mostly Filmation, but he actually uses his weapons.
Orko: Filmation
Teela: don't have a strong sense of her
Man-E-Faces: CGI-inspired, but he didn't raise Teela
Sorceress: Filmation/minicomics. Not like there's a real difference.
MAA: Filmation
Roboto: Duncan's son/Teela's brother
Ram Man: don't have a strong sense of him
Clamp Champ: great fighter and cocky about it, fun-loving, easily confused outside his domain
Buzz Off: jive Stratos from CGI
Stratos: Sean Connery playing a flying monkey completely seriously.
Mekaneck: quiet, reliable soldier, doting father. Should figure out what the deal is with Philip's mother.
Fisto: morally-ambiguous nature-lover who follows He-Man's morals when they're in the same place.
Green Goddess: mystic guardian who started stepping on Teela-Na's toes when Adam became He-Man, so she moved out of Castle Grayskull for a while to aid other heroes, like Fisto
Moss Man: Not sure. I like "mythic nature spirit", but hate that he's millions of years old, meaning nothing from Eternia's past can ever surprise He-Man unless he ignores Moss Man's stories like he's Grandpa Simpson.
>>
File: 20220804_182315_75.jpg (2.22 MB, 2057x2885)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB JPG
This Kol-Darr is actually a lot better than I expected, he's a pretty damn solid entry. So far out of him, comic Tri-Klops, shiny Sun-Man and Wun-Dar I think Kol-Darr is the best Creations figure.
But candy colored Tri-Klops is still pretty damn slick.
>>
File: MotU O Evil Warriors.jpg (2.04 MB, 4160x3120)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB JPG
>>9963250
Skeletor: I think we know there's one right answer here (Langella's Skeletor is fantastic, but I don't associate it with the '82 design). And yes, he's Adam's uncle: I have the Origins figure to prove it!
Beast Man: nature red in tooth and claw
Trap Jaw: Skeletor's first recruit. Has mixed feelings about him. Techie.
Scare Glow: Lord of the Underworld
Evil-Lyn: evil daughter of the virtuous Faceless One. Fell in love with Keldor. He returned her love until the day he became the undead Skeletor. It still took her many years to start betraying him.
Jitsu: honorable martial arts fanatic who was only evil for a while because he lost face to Fisto.
Clawful: fun-loving sociopath
Mer-Man: Just look at his face! Only on Skeletor's side because he told him "I'm the rightful heir to the human throne and I'd ban polluting the ocean."
Ninjor: assassin time-tossed by that spell Skeletor cast. Fish out of water who went independent and takes jobs from Skeletor and others.
Webstor: Filmation/minicomics. Wishes Kobra Khan was here.
Tri-Klops: D&D Fighter with a magic helmet. Only joins Evil Warriors when contracted.
Faker: hard to say, as there are several
Stinkor: 200X
>>
File: MotU O Horde.jpg (2.21 MB, 4160x3120)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
>>9963250
Hordak: both Filmation and the post-Hiss minicomics are canon to me. His relationship with Adora is also clear and three-dimensional in my head.
Grizzlor: savage Eternian cryptid who was found by the Horde during the failed invasion of Eternia and learned enough of high-tech civilization to wear shoes and become Governor of Beast Island. Like if Tarzan was an ape instead of an English peer.
Leech: his power is terrifying on-duty, but he's a fun-loving extrovert. Possibly just a baby of the Fright Zone monster, which would explain certain childish behaviors like holding a stuffed animal in public while making puns.
Mosquitor: again, terrifying power, but becomes chill or even cowardly when sated.
Mantenna: tough one. The overwhelming majority of his personality comes from Filmation, but pure silliness can be hard to swallow outside of slice-of-life photo stories.
>>
>>9963300
>we know there's one right answer here
Is there? I've never liked Filmation Skeletor that much. I think the recent DC comics have been my favorite take on Skeletor.
>Adam's uncle
And I like Keldor even less.
>>
Found this yesterday. Should I open it?
>>
>>9963334
You know that Hollywood needs to run wild on Eternia, Brother.
>>
File: 20220804_185050.jpg (2.71 MB, 2094x3722)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB JPG
Some motherfucker hid this but I'm more clever than him. I always look for hidden figures on Walmart.
>>
>>9963451
Jokes on you he also licked it.
>>
>>9963451
ESQUELETO
>>
>>9963451
This looks surprisingly decent. But I can't bring myself to spring for it when I have two Masterverse Skeletors, Origins wave 1 Skeletor, and BA Skeletor with god knows what other Skeletors to come. I love Skeletor, but this one just isn't quite good enough for me to add to the Skelepile.
>>
>>9963461
I unironically prefer some of the Spanish names over the English ones.
Doblor and Trompo in particular.
>>
File: 20220804_194320.jpg (3.73 MB, 2572x3247)
3.73 MB
3.73 MB JPG
>>9963463
I like his face.
>>
File: 200x-snake-armor_skeletor.png (1.6 MB, 1491x1551)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
>>9963582
We're getting that face and his new loincloth/greaves (and different but not new forearms) with Snake Armor Skeletor who looks more interesting, so I'll wait.
>>
>>9963602
That's why I skipped 200x He-man. I like his snake armor look more.
>>
File: 20220804_200237.jpg (2.16 MB, 2000x1751)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB JPG
Skelebros
>>
File: OIP (16).jpg (29 KB, 474x350)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>9963645
>>
File: 20220804_201747.jpg (3.42 MB, 2688x2940)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB JPG
Too bad the sword can't split in two.
>>
File: 20220804_202800.jpg (2.14 MB, 2658x1448)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB JPG
Last one.
>>
>>9963334
Yeah, I like when people open toys I don't. If the resell value is an issue I wouldn't worry much, it's pretty easy to find now it seems.
>>
>>9963692
>your just gonna impale he-fool with that thing right.....RIGHT?!
>>
>>9963582
I don't mind it. I'm holding out for Laser Light, depending on how obtrusive the gimmick turns out. That's the next Skeletor I'm interested in.
>>
>>9963645
Damn he's actually pretty good looking in hand.
>>
>>9963334
Yes
>>
>>9963772
>>NEW-NEW-NEW-NEWWORLDORDER
>>
>>9963772
will it be a ne or a ni there hulkster
>>
File: 20220804_213701.jpg (1.69 MB, 1544x2294)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB JPG
I lied. Looks like I'm going to need to buy a Green Lyn for my evil warriors display now.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (73 KB, 1024x1024)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>9963820
That depends on if they want to date Brooke or come into Hogan's Beach restaurant brother.
>>
>>9963861
i mean who wouldnt want to eat lunch at the hulksters place
>>
The 2002 series is being officially uploaded to youtube.
https://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=43898&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
>>
>>9963463
Do what I've done and create a dedicated section alongside your regular MOTU collection that hosts nothing but Skeletor variations from ALL the different lines, and you'll be golden.
>>
>>9963883
Looks likes they've started taking down the unofficial playlist I've been watching that had all the episodes.
>>
File: 20220804_222040.jpg (65 KB, 1080x351)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>9963903
>it's real
Fuck. Well if they upload the whole thing I won't mind loosing the ilegal ones.
>>
>>9963883
Problem with official uploads is they can pull them down again when they feel like its inconvenient having them up.
>>
File: 20220804_230125.jpg (1.62 MB, 2422x2909)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>9963334
Yes especially if you got extra HWO armor
>>
just geting into this line anything else as good as scar glow thats not heman or skeletor got there classics dont want to replace those.
>>
File: IMG_0976.jpg (960 KB, 2891x3209)
960 KB
960 KB JPG
>>9964046
forgot the pic fuck
>>
File: purple motu dino.jpg (463 KB, 2048x1680)
463 KB
463 KB JPG
>>
>>9964050
wrong thread there anon?
>>
>>9964052
No they're referencing He-Man dinosaurs
>>
>>9964055
ah okay got it kinda a casual he-man fan mostly hear for the cool toys.
>>
File: file.png (213 KB, 400x300)
213 KB
213 KB PNG
>>9964052
>>9964057
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNJkZQD30yM

this should give you some context
>>
>>9964057
It's okay they're kinda obscure
>>
>>9964073
oh okay thats rad there doing those then
>>
>>9964077
the most i know if the bad guys all look awesome and scareglow is the raddest.
>>
File: 61wjReFVzEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (113 KB, 1114x1500)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Anyone else buying Masterverse Jitsu just to put his accessories on Origins Jitsu?
>>
>>9962100
>Checked
But if they don't fall over, I don't want them.
>>
>>9964046
>>9964048
Stinkor isn't bad. The new NE Beast Man is pretty rad, probably the best Beast Man out of all 3 of the new toylines.
>>
>>9963582
The promo shots do him no justice.
>>
File: xG9vvYK.png (43 KB, 994x507)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
Pig bros... we are going home...
>>
>>9964655
Congrats big bad pig bros
>>
>>9964655
Im happy for you bros, but where the fuck is HE?
>>
>>9964674
>>
>>9964687
>>9964674
I love that Filmation looked at the fucking sleep paralysis horror that is mantenna and went "NOPE NOPE NOPE" and made him this goofy Horde Orko-esque comic relief who falls into water and has a cute face.
>>
>caved and eventually payed scalper prices for wun dar
I know im weak...
>>
File: 832096.jpg (14 KB, 210x295)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>9964693
>I love that Filmation looked at the fucking sleep paralysis horror that is mantenna and went "NOPE NOPE NOPE" and made him this goofy Horde Orko-esque comic relief who falls into water and has a cute face.
I gather that Lou Scheimer had strong opinions about what was appropriate for young children, and "sleep paralysis alien" was a NOPE NOPE NOPE, as thematically appropriate to the Horde concept as it was.
>>
>>9964655
I know, I almost let my impatience get the better of me but thankfully my anxiety wouldn't let me drive the 40 mins to target today.
>>9964674
Ikr, I got 200x heman coming before mantenna. Just gotta wait it out man. Atleast we know it's worth waiting for.
>>
>>9964100
When target puts him on clearance like the origins figure.
>>
File: IMG_20220805_091004~2.jpg (2.11 MB, 3264x2448)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
Cold blooded killers
>>
File: MotU-Mantenna.jpg (185 KB, 768x1129)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>
I know no one really gives a shit about this set, but I wonder if it's going to show up soon too.
Both this and Pig-Head were listed as "3rd quarter", so if he's coming now, maybe we won't have to wait until September.

I mainly just want to see the boxart for any cool Easter eggs
>>
File: MotUC-Plundor.jpg (85 KB, 564x1000)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>9964818
>any cool Easter eggs
>>
File: beanie-baby-bunnies.jpg (94 KB, 1200x800)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>9964822
He looks like one of the fucking Beanie Baby bunnies.
>>
>>9964818
I care, I am loooking forward to her. I don't have a Teela yet.
>>
>>9964808
>OCEAN FRIENDS
>>
>>9963463
Bro you can never have enough skeletors
>>
>>9964818
Why did Teela-Na make MAA keep it secret from Teela that they're mother and daughter? Imagine all the fun outings they could have had with Mom in bird form wearing a jetpack and weapons.
>>
>>9964845
I don't have a Teela yet either, but I've never really been sold on her.
What will she bring to my collection that I can't get from Sorceress and She-Ra?
>>
>>9964879
Because Filmation needed to force drama and mystery to make you give a shit about her.
It all falls apart the second you realize they never bothered to give a good justification for why it needed to be a secret.
>>
>>9964818
I hope is pig head, 200x skeletor and mantenna also.
>>
File: rowlet sleep.gif (1.02 MB, 540x359)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB GIF
>>9962172
>new guy but with Trap Jaw's arm
>>
File: IMG_20220805_130602.jpg (1.71 MB, 3264x2448)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB JPG
Gate keepers
>>
>>9964890
He's also meant to have Rattlor's neck.
>>
File: IMG_20220805_130746.jpg (2.03 MB, 3264x2448)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB JPG
https://youtu.be/Po1q7Fq8bkk

SHAT OUT OF HELL!
>>
My Leech arrives today, very excited.
>>9962432
Origins: Skeleton Warriors, King Hiss, Kobra Kah, the He-Man 4-pack
Masterverse: Pig Man, Two-Bad, maybe Sorceress
>>
File: MotU-Teela-cgi.jpg (75 KB, 850x661)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>9964884
>Because Filmation needed to force drama and mystery to make you give a shit about her.
>It all falls apart the second you realize they never bothered to give a good justification for why it needed to be a secret.
This is why 15-year-old Sorceress Teela is best Teela.
>>
> Lord Gr'Asp, Snake Trooper and Terroar get released because 0 new parts
> We never her Reptilax
> Reptilax becomes Karg of Diabolical Snakes team.
>>
Whether you like Ninjor or not, admit it...That logo would look awesome on a shirt.
>>
>>
>>9963078
well memed
>>
Who would want Fangor in Origins? I think he's pretty cool.
>>
>>9964965
Isn't Reptilax all reused parts too? They just have to make Fang Man for the head and collar
>>
>>9964984
There are still some new parts (like weapons or loincloth with tail) and that's assuming they'll do Fang Man.
>>
>>9965033
>loincloth with tail)

They could always just reuse Saurod's and save themselves some trouble. Since it's his first toy, there's no hard and fast rule for which parts they can and can't use. No precedence

And I think it's a pretty safe bet Fang Man is coming. They wouldn't have done Kol Darr if they had no intention of doing other Filmation guys, no way he'll be the only one, and if they're doing others, they're not gonna skip the popular ones
>>
What would you say about He-Man stop-motion show using actual toys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdUIE8G8uCI
>>
>>9965132
It’s cool
>>
Imagine full series of that, like animated minicomics Origins has.
>>
>>9965132
Better than Revelation.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSaHByFclAo&list=PL-ALrvKzRNlTIYQZWZ_4VRnvj7m68VPtu&index=4
>>
You know who would be awesome for Origins? Scrollos and Songster. These guys need toys.
>>
>>9965132
I like it, before any of the new media released there were a few dozen people on youtube making stop motion origins ads. I could have watched an entire show in that style honestly.
>>
>>9964976
he was created by the guy who does most of the art for the Origins packaging so I think there's a chance
>>
>>9964976
if I were in charge at mattel I'd give a green light to every snake man under the sun
>>
>>9963334
Holy shit does he have velcro just to rip his shirt open?
>>
>>9965191
I too want Blast-Attak.
>>
>>9964733
Filmation Mantenna looks like one of the Fat Albert kids.
>>
>>9965191
Finally some love to King Pythos and his jester.
>>
>>9965191
if I were in charge at mattel I'd give a green snake to every sun man under the light
>>
File: 1644940346802.jpg (267 KB, 1489x2048)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>9964962
>>
We would get another Nu-Ra toy.
>>
File: MotU-KotSM-02.jpg (554 KB, 1066x1600)
554 KB
554 KB JPG
>>9965213
The minicomic "King of the Snake Men" alluded to these guys.
It would be cool to see the Reptons react to King Hiss returning.
>>
>>9965225
Horrified. I bet Hiss would hate his descendants even more than he does mammals for turning into peaceful weaklings. He would basically go there to recruit more troops and slaughtered everyone who isn't with him.
>>
>>9965226
Yep
>>
>>9965196
I know alot of people have gripes with blast attak being a snakeman despite being a robot, but my only gripe is that he doesnt have any snakey motiefs despite being part of the snakemen. Imagine a revised blast attak (new eternia or otherwise) decorated with snake heads and scale mail.
>>
>>9965182
these are great
>>
>>9965216
>one snake for every sunman character
sounds like a good deal desu
>>
File: motu-rotsm-02.jpg (524 KB, 1029x1600)
524 KB
524 KB JPG
>>9965241
I find it hilariously petty that King Hiss, for whom we have no evidence of understanding technology, claimed to have created a robot his roommate Skeletor had around Snake Mountain.
>>
They should make a King Hiss variant that's yellow in stead of green and call it "king piss"
>>
>>9965223
So weird that Noelle's crew used him prominently, by name, without a legal threat.
Surprisingly based choice, though.
>>
File: EUm8V1XXYAAo1ng.jpeg.jpg (367 KB, 951x1200)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
>>9965241
>>9965196
These posts trigger me.
But at least we all agree Blast-Attak is based, regardless of what faction you want to display him in.
>>
File: MotU-EZ08.jpg (581 KB, 1066x1600)
581 KB
581 KB JPG
>>9965276
>Energy Zoids
I mean if you go by their own appearance in fiction, the Evil Warriors were a faction that at one time consisted of Skeletor, the Snake Men and Twistoid. Blast Attak doesn't even cameo in their minicomic.
>>
>>9965286
I was posting more so for the cross sell art underneath...Blast-Attak marketed as an Evil Warrior with Ninjor and Scare Glow.
>>
>>9965291
Reminds me how latest Origins listed Pig Head as Rules of Sun.
>>
File: MotU-Strongarm-Lizzy.jpg (79 KB, 640x480)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>9965064
>And I think it's a pretty safe bet Fang Man is coming. They wouldn't have done Kol Darr if they had no intention of doing other Filmation guys, no way he'll be the only one, and if they're doing others, they're not gonna skip the popular ones
How popular IS Fang Man? I thought Strongarm, Icer, and Batros were all more popular, then Fang Man for EW completionism. And Lizzy would be near Strongarm. Also Shokoti seems popular.
>>
File: Ganon-cartoon.png (220 KB, 468x516)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
>>9965302
"Yes! Yes! I am now co-regent of the Sun!"
>>
>>9965312
Well, I always hear Fang Man mentioned in the same breath as Strongarm, Icer, Batros and Lizard Man. He was also, iirc, the FIRST Filmation character Classics did, even before uber popular Shsdow Weaver. I think he has a sizable following
>>
>>9965265
give the guy a break right, he's been asleep for a millenia! I bet the only reason he keeps blast attak around is because blast makes such a good servant. Skeletor probably giddly gave up blast attak anyways because he already had better robo-minions in guys like faker and trapjaw.
>>
>>9965271
Kek, underrated post
>>
File: PIGGOUT.png (969 KB, 1080x1376)
969 KB
969 KB PNG
>>9964655
Fuck yes

>>9965286
Bros, I don't want to get Viperized
>>
>>9965314
>pighead with sun powers
Mattel better take advantage of this idea and give us a proper variant dammit
>>
>>
I'm still incredibly fond of the idea of mattel going full mandalorian and adapting filmation rattlor, tung lashor, and clawful into new snakemen.
>>
>>9965345
So who are you anons going to be for Halloween?
>>
>>9965312
Caption this
>>
>cgi webstor
holy shit, WHERE'S THE TOY MATTEL?
>>
>>9965356
>holy shit, WHERE'S THE TOY MATTEL?
Seriously. At least with Gary there's an excuse of not being able to sell retailers on that box size/price point (but wouldn't that apply to the CGI Talon Fighter?).
>>
>>9965353
Merman, beast man or stinkor. Can't decide between them yet. Which mask are you choosing?
>>
File: MOTUMV_SHERA_HORDAK.jpg (523 KB, 740x6000)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
Instagram user yamatojoe posted these this morning
>>
>>9965392
I wish she had closed her mouth for the non-masked face, or had her smiling like on the back of the box. Otherwise she looks really good. Looking forward to her!
>>9965355
>Frogs can walk?!
>>
>>9965355
>>I hate amphibians!
>>
>>9965392
Hordak looks alright but I'm not that interested in spending deluxe prices for it. I'll wait and see how the Revolution one turns out.
>>
>>9965392
Wow she looks better than the promo pics

>>9965345
Pretty neat
>>
>>9964335
okay ill check the beast man out how is the tri-clops the set looks good but i want to get a second option before i track it down
>>
>>9965392
Looks better than before! Really like the blue on hordak and she ras mask, better start looking at dollar tree for a stand in swiftwind
>>
>>9965461
I'm personally not a fan of the Tri-klops. I do like that he has the cult get-up, and I would buy him and Trap Jaw if Cyber Whiplash and Blast-Attak get made, just so I can display the whole team
>>
>>9965522
I want her to take her piercings out, put a load of slime in her mouth, and have it ooze out of the holes.
>>
This shit DOES NOT BELONG HERE
>>
>>9965345
I need that Stinkor mask asap.
>>
File: MotU She-Ra flasher.jpg (2.51 MB, 4032x2268)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB JPG
>>
>>9965605
I wonder if it comes with the breathing apparatus?
>>
>>9965635
Latex'll last a while if you treat it right.
>>
>>9965605
I only see skeletor and beast man at the moment.
not sure if that means the rest are sold out or they are dropping them in pairs

https://costumes.com/search?view=boost-pfs-original&q=masters%20of%20the%20universe

for 50 bucks I am debating getting a skeletor one but latex rots after a few years so it won't be a permanent part of my collection

>>9965636
how?
>>
>>9965595
im completely certain those posts are directly from the routine board shitter
>>
>>9965645
>how?
Moisturize every few months with human semen.
>>
>>9965658
I mean, that's why I was getting these masks, why were you?
>>
File: she-ra-hordak-cosplay.jpg (100 KB, 640x800)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>9965363
>Which mask are you choosing?
Skeletor, unless my wife wants to be She-Ra for Halloween: then Hordak.
>>
>>9965653
Yeah, I'm not trying to exceed my boundaries as a life long lurker but it's tiresome and come tomorrow the board will be plastered with that guy from YouTube in every op image. I wanna see chicks play with he man too but I just don't think this is the place.
>>
>>9965522
for a second i thought those were real giant figures. honestly a bit disappointed.
>>
>>9965691
What if your wife wants you to be She-Ra?
>>
>>9965718
I wish they were.
>>
File: MotU-2021-core.jpg (86 KB, 800x796)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
G-guys... has Mattel even disclosed to shareholders how well the CGI/kids line is selling? If only adult collectors buy the other two lines and they each outsell "Core", that's a bad sign for the future.
>>
>>9965752
I only ever see the big heman and skeletor figures in stock at retail now. I cant tell if thats a good thing or a bad thing.
>>
File: FZbZ2HnXoAASv8p.jpg (512 KB, 2048x1536)
512 KB
512 KB JPG
>>
bit off topic, but thoughts on sectaurs? I consider them to be one of the first big MOTU clones. Im happy nacelle nabbed the license. If these prove affordable I might buy a few. Giant insect people would make great foes for eternians.
>>
>>9965741
Then she has to wear the Hordak mask, body armor, black panties and blue body paint.
Come to think, I don't know how to get/make his weird monster footwear even if I'm Hordak.
>>
>>9965766
Nice implementation of Webstor.
>>
>>9965767
Saw em today and almost made a thread on the new figures. I'm glad we're getting Stelara.
>>
>>9965767
I'd hardly call them MOTU clones, they were a completely different scale, a much more consistent theme of insectoids, and focused on a symbiotic relationship between them and their bug companions. About these Nacelle figures, great for those who have a collection of the old figures, but I'd have much rather these be modernized and fully articulated. According to Nacelle they'll have their vintage look and be only slightly more articulated than the old figures, which I assume means elbows, maybe wrists and ankles.
>>
>>9965766
>skeleton warriors webstor on the right
fucking kino
>>
>>9965773
You think? Has Webstor ever been thin? He always seems to be the same size as others, or a hulking monster. Even ignoring Webstor, it clearly has skeletal limbs with a non skeletal head. Not a big fan of that.
>>
>>9965791
Thin limbs like a spider, is not that hard to get.
>>
>>9965481
ah okay, not a fan of the trap jaw dont like the weird face under his jaw i think im gonna save and get the classics or filmation one.
>>
>>9965777
I hope they do well, that unreleased wave is the stuff of dreams
>>9965787
I only used the term clone because of the swords and scifi aspect of sectaurs. obviously the two are very different, i'd say sectaurs has more in common with thundarr due to the whole post-apocalyptic angle.
>About these Nacelle figures, great for those who have a collection of the old figures, but I'd have much rather these be modernized and fully articulated. According to Nacelle they'll have their vintage look and be only slightly more articulated than the old figures, which I assume means elbows, maybe wrists and ankles.
I wouldnt put the prospect of high end poseable sectaurs past nacelle. Their purchase of ips like roboforce and silverhawks shows they intend to enter the collector toy market. As I see things, the sectaurs they've shown off now are intended to be their equivalent of MOTU origins.
>>
>trying to penny pinch my way through the impending economic bedshitting coming up
>seen an ebay listing of random vintage figures including tung lashor for less than 15 bucks total
son of a bitch
>>
>>9965842
That's a good deal.
>>
File: Sectaurs-Lot_1337794372.jpg (468 KB, 1600x1076)
468 KB
468 KB JPG
>>9965767
Worthless without the glove puppet mounts or little bug buddies.
>>
>>9965859
DO IT!
Brand new Origins in the store aren't even that cheap anymore.
>>
>>9965887
The puppet mounts do look fun.
I'm imagining MotU with lots of different versions of the Fright Zone puppet.
>>
>>9965887
im sure they're cooking up bug buddies as we speak. it would be a fool's errand to revive sectaurs without the bug puppets.
>>
>>9965887
While I do love the old puppets, I think making them into rideable mounts would be best for this line.

At the very least it’d making taking pics easier.
>>
>>9965923
>At the very least it’d making taking pics easier
I wonder if pic related would aid in posing the vintage mounts
>>
>>9965859
I didn't know too much about snake men but after getting a rattlor and old busted cobra kahn I'm really super into tung lasher. I'd do a hold up on a stage coach if I'd get a snake face! I know we won't get good gimmicks but I've grown to the snake men wave.
>>
>>9965915
One company already did just that with a 1:18 scale line. Insanity when you consider that's a heck of a lot easier to make and ship out big monsters for than 6 inchers.

https://www.zicatoys.com/4-action-figures/sectaurs/

>>9965990
They just might do Snake Face's face snakes similar to how they did Mantenna's eyes.
>>
More info about the motu masks.
There are going to be more masks that they haven’t shown off. And they are going to be at retail
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qwqhu7ClgEs
>>
>>9965933
Yeah, maybe.

At the very least it’d be a fun take.
>>
>>9965834
>I wouldnt put the prospect of high end poseable sectaurs past nacelle
I'd like that. I find the Sectaurs aesthetic very nice, and Zica's efforts were excellent and really struck a good middle ground of classic and modern, I found. It'd be great to have another MOTU adjacent line that actually fits into swords and sorcery that could fit in with fellow 7" figures in Masterverse.
>>
File: herecomethesucc.jpg (131 KB, 639x639)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>
>>9966235
He's also featured on Masterverse Hordak's art. I wonder if he'll get a figure there too.
>>
File: Non Canon.jpg (142 KB, 1316x1000)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>9966266
If they do Masterverse, will he also have suction cups?
>>
>>9966348
>suction cups on a deluxe masterverse figure around beastman's size
I wasnt expecting it but now Im anticipating its inclusion. Origins Leech is already a blast as is, imagine an upscaled version of that.
>>
>>9965345
I'm allergic to latex fml.
>>
>>9966413
you could always just buy your favorite and display it on a foam mannequin head like a mounted big game trophy
>>
There's a really cute Adora cosplayer at Power Con and she makes me long for a MV figure of the OG design
>>
the brilliant parts reuse present in both the 88' line up and Fuerza T is pretty ingenious when you take a step back to admire it all from afar. frankly it makes you think about all the other characters that could have been cooked up from simple parts reuse. there's parts mattel only ever used on single characters ever. just looking over just the snakemen and the horde for example shows off how many parts could have been reused that never were.
>>
>>9965241
I like the fact that he doesn't have any snake motif at all. It makes him appear more like some kind of a free agent in the team, or an outside addition.
>>
>>9965241
I'd say that he doesn't have snake power but then again neither does Grasp and besides how many snake related powers you can think of, I think we only didn't try hypnosis.

>>9965064
I wouldn't say he's proof that Filmation will now start pouring in. For one thing he was really cheap. Just new head and armor.
>>
>>9966480
>>9965346
People around here sure don't mind having overly similar redundant characters, huh?
>>
>>9966516
>how many snake related powers you can think of, I think we only didn't try hypnosis.
retractable fangs (vintage fangor probably would have had these), camouflage, sea-snakes, and gliding snakes come to mind. also given the existence of pythons and anacondas Im surprised we dont have a big bruiser snakeman with a "crushing" feature.
>>
File: Z7HeRxU.png (499 KB, 600x600)
499 KB
499 KB PNG
>9966517
>>
>>9966348
Masterverse is like Classics. I wouldn't expect functioning cups. I think they'll be more stingy with features than Origins is. MV Stinkor didn't even stink, did he?
>>
>>9966523
Making more characters will similar gimmicks just makes the existing ones feel special. How about another Heroic Warrior with metal elephant head or another mosquito guy?

Fun allowed to me coming with new crazy ideas and not stagnating.
>>
File: POweroftheSUNWOLF.jpg (62 KB, 573x744)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>9966534
How about some POWER OF THE SUN?
>>
>>9966506
>some kind of free agent

See, that's the only way I can see it in a palatable light. (This logic applies to Kobra Khan too). I like both as Evil Warriors, but in a situation where Skeletor and Hiss are tight and basically share a their resources, it's fine, the same way it's fine to see Skeletor bossing Tung Lashor around, or if Ninjor joins Blast in his snake aiding job. In set ups like that, neither set of fans get left out in the cold, both interpretations are valid.

I mainly get het up over it when Skeletor and Hiss are enemies and it's "pick a side". One thing I really hated in 200x was Kobra Khan is a Snake, always been a Snake, never one of team Skeletor.
>>
>>9966543
getting Alter Beast vibes here
>>
>>9966556
Wise fwom youw gwave
>>
File: sssqueezecardback.jpg (103 KB, 800x406)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>9966552
Look at that green HUGMACHINE go
>>
>>9966543
I'd have bought it like this
>>
>>9966573
It's going in dry
>>
>>9966593
>>
I'm disappointed with this reimagining of Zodac, they didn't really put any twist on character that really was asking for it.
>>
>>9966552
Well, there is a no question that Khan makes more sense with Snakes than Blast-Attak...but still too bad that him joining Skeletor was just a mandatory little nod to his original allegiance an and he didn't get to be a real member for at least an episode.

Of course Snake Men have it worse in this regard - Rattlor and Lashor were Hordesmen in Filmation, one Marvel comic had Sssqueeze and Snake Face work for Hordak...King Hiss is the only guy to was actually always a Snake Man.
>>
>>9966632
How MotU has somehow managed to go decades with a character who SHOULD be one of the coolest actually being one of the lamest and most overlooked is quit a feat.
He was the only space alien at a time when MotU was more sword and sorcery than sci-fi, basically the precursor that lead to opening the door for stuff like Horde, and all the robots, etc. You would have thought that'd make him standout.
>>
>>9966643
>there is a no question that Khan makes more sense with Snakes

Thematically, yeah, but through nostalgia goggles...we had 2 whole years of Khan serving Skeletor before Hiss showed up, and virtually all his vintage media used that allegiance. I honestly can't just brush that under the rug, so I'll personally never view Khan as a Snakeman.
My bottom line is "what was on the vintage card?"
If the original release of the vintage figure had the Snake logo on the card, they're a Snake. If not, Evil Warrior.
>>
>>9966654
Him being a spy for king hiss makes sense to me.
>>
>>9966654
>My bottom line is "what was on the vintage card?"
So Zodac is a bad guy to you?
>>
>>9966673
Yes. I don't completely discard the "cosmic balance" shtick, but the way I see it, good guys hold all the cards on Eternia, so Zodac would just naturally ally more with Skeletor, just so evil gets that extra bolstering.
Plus it makes my year one figures more symmetrical. 4 heroes, 4 villains, as opposed to 5 heroes, 3 villains
>>
>>9966654
200X was making few changes like that. Webstor was barely an Evil Warrior and apparently Modulok was going to be a solo act.

Not that vintage itself didn't made changes. There used to be no Adam and Zoar was separate entity from Sorceress, for one thing.

Weren't there vintage media eventually using Khan as Snake Men member once they showed up?

And yeah, thematically. It would be just impossible to ignore existance of Snake Men and not commenting that Skeletor has snake working for him.

Also it's hilarious that we're so stuck with idea that bunch of villains have one allegiance and they will never switch sides due to loyalty to their boss. Didn't Modulok ditched Skeletor in most of continuities?
>>
>>9966543
Love it. Is anyone selling Origins-compatible Galaxy Warriors heads?
>>
Most of vintage continuties have Khan as double agent, they just don't agree if he's loyay to Skeletor, King Hiss or just himself.
>>
>>9966707
"Evil Henchman of Snake Men"

Man, poor guy had a huge downgrade from "Evil Master of Snakes"
>>
>>9966700
>There used to be no Adam and Zoar was separate entity from Sorceress, for one thing.

Both of which are changes I also disagreed with.

>Weren't there vintage media eventually using Khan as

I think maybe some stuff like UK comics or whatever, but nothing I'm very familiar with. All the major stuff (the cartoon, the minicomics [excluding the one where he was a plant sent to spy on Hiss], and even thr Golden books) had him on team Skeletor
>>
If you could pick 10 toys to go into Origins who would it be? (assuming all vintage is assured?)
>>
>>9966712
Cartoon didn't had Snake Men period, others were Horde members so...
>>
>>9966673
>So Zodac is a bad guy to you?
In my collection, Zodac (monster limbs/Robin Williams chest) helps evil as long as it's downtrodden on Eternia. If Skeletor got his shit together like Langella/CGI/ep 5 of Revelation, Zodac would immediately turn on him.
But I also like to treat Filmation as part of my headcanon, so if I had a Zodak (all-human, brown skin), he'd be the one who's rarely on Eternia but helps good when he is.
>>
You know, this New Eternia thing would be a great place to give this "No trasformation" thing a go.

They coudl even release King Randor and Prince Adam later with no connection to He-Man.
>>
>>9966712
Marvel comics had him pull a Modulok and ditch Skelly.
>>
>>9966607
Sssqueeze as snake-Modulok: stack 3 upper torsos on his abs to get 6 stretchy limbs.
>>
File: 20220220_190410.jpg (1.74 MB, 3364x2268)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
>>9966725
>the day after Kobra Khan ditches Skeletor...
>>
>>9966646
You would think he'd atleast be in the background more, but nope, you gotta head cannon zodac into the good stories. He is omnipotent right? Does anyone else involved with MOTU have such an ability other than zodac? Does anyone else have the responsibility of balancing the cosmic forces of good and evil? There is plenty of room for zodac story wise if someone were to tell his story.
>>
File: MotU-EBH2.jpg (563 KB, 1029x1540)
563 KB
563 KB JPG
>>9966732
>Does anyone else have the responsibility of balancing the cosmic forces of good and evil?
Hordak did once but see the footnote (sad kek).
>>
File: MotU-TUB-06.jpg (545 KB, 1066x1600)
545 KB
545 KB JPG
>>9966739
He was once an engineer who balanced Good and Evil into a building like they're electrical current or something.
>>
>>9966739
Well, hordak did get booted from that gig for a reason and I doubt it was attendance related lol
>>
>>9966730
After losing his boyfriend, Webstor tries auto-erotic asphyxiation, horryifing his coworkers.
>>
File: Smuglynn.png (304 KB, 461x348)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
>>9966730
Well played anon
>>
>>9966730
> He's hanging from Castle Grayskull
> Sorceress just let it happen.
>>
File: dd2.jpg (284 KB, 1140x718)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>9966552
>One thing I really hated in 200x was Kobra Khan is a Snake, always been a Snake, never one of team Skeletor.
I strongly agree with you.
The 200X cartoon felt like it wanted to be a speedrun of vintage MotU, wiping out any nuance in the vintage fiction, and KK's only goal in life being to get through the Snake Mountain dungeon as far as King Hiss's dimensional pool was my least-favorite example.
>>
>>9966768
Unlike Filmation which was slowrun in that in over 100 episodes nothing developed or changed.
>>
>>9966770
Nta but this is why I can't really sit down and enjoy the cartoons anymore. I know they are basically commercials but guess just seeing my toys animated isn't enough for me now. Idk, maybe if I try watching with a beer and some flower I can relive that magic.
>>
>>9966749
She pushed him off.
>>
File: MotU-cat-spider.jpg (51 KB, 1024x638)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>9966770
Oh, Filmation definitely had structural problems. Sunbow's Transformers and GI Joe showed that even syndicated cartoons designed to be watchable in any order could have big changes at the beginning of seasons.
But if you want continuous narrative development where the status quo completely changes every 8-10 episodes, the good show is the CGI one. Even though it sometimes LOOKS like a video game, it never feels like He-Man or Kobra Khan is being puppeted by someone going for a run to unlock all the characters as fast as possible. It's actually good for a toy commercial to feel like a sandbox with breathing room. KK and Webstor being friends and Kittrina existing and hating Webstor/being in love with Battle Cat actually inspires me to want more toys than the "introduce vintage toys at a fast clip, give most nothing to do but silent cameos in battle scenes" strategy.
>>
File: Rfghtry.jpg (790 KB, 1287x1600)
790 KB
790 KB JPG
Will we ever see Conan the Barbarian in Origins?
>>
File: motu-vikor.jpg (819 KB, 1039x1432)
819 KB
819 KB JPG
>>9966889
Sure. "Vikor" is literally a Conan sketch Mark Taylor did while Mattel held the toy license without, ultimately, doing anything with it.
Totally legal, probably only because Conan Properties International already took Mattel to court once and lost.
>>
>TRU has 30% off all MotU figures and vehicles

Should I get Stridor?
Pros: he's 30% off, and I can reenact the Fisto minicomic
Cons: I have to budget display and storage space, Stridor today might mean not being able to get something I'll want more in the future

What you guys think? Is Stridor worth the space he'll take up?
>>
>>9966898
You totally got what I was saying ;) They need to do it!!
>>
File: 1659396731463283.png (841 KB, 1008x882)
841 KB
841 KB PNG
>>9962425
What figure is that on the left?
>>
If Origins continued with POP toys, could they just get away with reusing head?
>>
>>9966907
Lady death or lady demon, from chaos comics
>>
My Leech's right foot suction cup is deformed slightly. It is causing the suction to come undone very quickly. Anyone know a fix for this?
>>9965691
Dang those are great cosplays. I wish I was in shape so I could cosplay as a MotU character.
>>
>>9966918
>If Origins continued with POP toys, could they just get away with reusing head?
... what?
>>
>>9966883
I feel like the problem with 200X was that it was trying to fit all heroes and villains in each episode. If they varied the lineup more often like say Justice League did, it would work out for everyone. Still, almost every character got at least one focus episode.

However I'd say that Khan is much better in 200X. Dude downright nuanced with his struggle to fit in with Snake Men. Meanwhile in Filmation his friendship with Webstor is basically subtext. They hang out a lot, that's all.
>>
>>9966935
She-Ra's head. Could they just repaint her hair color for different girls?
>>
>>9966940
No, do they repaint he man's head for other characters?
>>
>>9966942
No because Fisto and He-Man don't look alike the way Frosta and Mermista do.
>>
>>9966949
>>9966940
Did the vintage figures even have unique face sculpts?
>>
>>9966942
>>9966949
>>9966952
I don't think they do. Pretty sure every vintage pop uses the exact same head with different colored rooted hair.
So dude has a point, if Origins does more PoP, every single one should reuse the existing She-Ra head with different color hair just for vintage accuracy
>>
So Filmation basically designed Orko with without visible legs or mouth to animated and with symmetrical design (that why they changed his name from Gorpo). Sometimes I wonder if this show only lasted so long because they saved money by focusing on Orko and other Trollans.

"Mattel send us another toy!"

"Is it symmetrical?"

"He has two heads and looks like two different dudes mashed together"

"Shit....Greenlight 6 more Orko episodes."
>>
>>9966977
Well not Entrapta and Double Trouble. (And Bow, Kowl and Loo-Kee.)
>>
>>9966985
>Well not Entrapta and Double Trouble.
Entrapta had a unique head sculpt? Also, I forgot DT existed.
>(And Bow, Kowl and Loo-Kee.)
Come on, now, I think it went without saying that those three don't factor in
>>
>>9966994
More like that she would need much bigger hair.
>>
File: she_ra_collection.jpg (106 KB, 1024x541)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>9966952
>Did the vintage figures even have unique face sculpts?
I actually don't know. We need to find a >40-year-old fangirl who owns them.
("Bitch, don't go cloning yourself unless that's going to be a consistent power. You barely use your teleport.")
>>
Girly pretty boy Bow (still has mustache)
>>
>>9967000
Oh...yes. silly me
>>
File: pjrg1wYnYI1skgph7.jpg (85 KB, 597x455)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>9967004
>Girly pretty boy Bow (still has mustache)
Bow being a thirsty heterosexual with that mustache and half a tank top with a heart design on it did more to break down stereotypes than Nu-Ra.
>>
File: sea_hawk.jpg (30 KB, 635x427)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>9967012
That whore!
>>
Hey gang, why is the line called MOTU ORIGINS but it never says ORIGINS on any of the packages??
>>
>>9966982
Filmation only survived on being cheap.
>>
>>9967037
Not as cheap as Hanna-Barbera or Ruby-Spears.
>>
File: MV5BMTI2MTEyZDYtZDYxYS0.jpg (50 KB, 630x1200)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>9967012
>>9967024
Kissing two different boys? You're grounded!
>>
>>9965205
Mush Mouth and Dumb Donald fusion.
>>
>>9966977
Eh, this just doesn't sound good to me. As we are seeing with the snake men vintage accuracy isnt Mattel's goal. Plus a line of figures all suffering from same face is just a bad idea on paper, it may have worked then but I don't think it'll fly now.
>>
>>9965219
Rule 34 now.
>>
>>9965223
Is that a JoJo character?
>>
>>9965551
I'd put a load of slime in her mouth.
>>
>>9966883
>Webstor uses his powers mainly to peep
>Peeping toms his crush who actually hates him

I mean, I am both amused and feel bad. I may need him for coomer thread background lurking after all.
>>
Why the heck is it that every time I buy a new MOTU ORIGINS figure it never says ORIGINS on it??!! Someone please explain this!!
>>
>>9966901
I don't have one myself but if I had to choose between land shark, wind raider or stridor I'd get stridor. It looks more poseable than the vehicles obviously but you could also take it a character itself like battle cat/cringer where it talks and pals around with fisto as they continue their journey of fisting evil doers across eternia. All in all stridor seems like a much more versatile toy than any of the vehicles and is probably the best mount in origins so far.
>>
>>9967107
>All in all stridor seems like a much more versatile toy than any of the vehicles and is probably the best mount in origins so far.
I agree with this take.
>>
>>9967059
Maybe same face, different hair? Can they even do that?

>>9967107
Stridor is easily my favorite vehicle and his focus episode in Filmation completely sold me on character.
>>
Who's up for MOTU masks?

Available: Beast Man, Hordak, Mer-Man, Skeletor, Stinkor, Trap Jaw & Webstor.
>>
>>9967226
Honestly, I'm kinda tempted to get Skeletor.
>>
>>9966901
Stridor's great, and space-wise is the most compact so far by virtue of tall legs. Figures can sometimes slip off the seat, but clever posing of the knees and feet will allow a figure to plant themselves solidly in Stridor. Personally, until they release Night Stalker, I've been using Stridor for both good guys and bad guys by swapping the horse helmets.

The massive footwell though is great for throwing figure accessories in there, if you're like me and don't like keeping accessories away from the figures while they're gripping controls.
>>
>>9967226
I'm down for the idea of MotU masks, but the current selection doesn't do much for me...I want a Clawful mask
>>
Clamp Champ's clamp really should have a wrist clip on it
>>
>>9967250
There are plans for He-Man and Faker....Maybe Moss Man.
>>
>>9967250
Don't like them don't buy them. No need to whine about what others like here. Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it's not good
>>
File: shelfhell.jpg (340 KB, 1440x960)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
>>9966901
>Is Stridor worth the space he'll take up?
Very.
>>
>>9967261
How is that whining? I said I like the idea of MotU masks, but the character I'd actually be interested in wasn't made. I didn't shit on the ones they did show off, and I wasn't calling anyone a fag for liking it.
Did you make the masks yourself? Because you sound pretty defensive over them
>>
>>9967261
>NECA bootlicker
>>
>>9967261
Go back to your general, Neca shill
>>
>>9967267
Mattel Cock Gobbler
>>
>>9967269
suck a donkey dick, and fuck you and your silly gay he-men piece of shite toys, faggot. NECA makes things worth having
>>
>>9967270
>Mattel Cock Gobbler
More valuable than cracking joints lol
>>
>>9967264
What, that piece of shit? Looks hollow as fuck...where did you get it, Big Lots on clearance with your food stamps?
>>
>>9967273
>NECA makes things worth having
>>
>>9967279
What a faggot, you actually just sit around and collect pictures to post on this shit thread?
>>
File: crybabyotachi.jpg (7 KB, 282x179)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>9967280
>you're showing a piece of shit rubber that disintegrates if you look at it
>>
>>9967280
>you're showing a piece of shit rubber that disintegrates if you look at it
You mean >>9965345
>>
>>9967261
Did you get your spam license revoked? Does mom know you are on her phone right now? Go back to the unboxing thread.
>>
>>9967275
At least the Fright Zone glove isn't allergy-triggering latex
>>
File: he-men fan.jpg (267 KB, 1180x787)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>typical he-men fan posting on here all day. looks just like OP
>>
File: 4chan.png (46 KB, 528x220)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>9967281
>you actually just sit on an imageboard and collect pictures to post on an imageboard
>>
>>9967264
I like the Mosquitor/Mosquitor/Sun Man drama going on there.
>>
>>9967300
Yeah, go figure that this would fly over the would be bully's head. Ah well, let him be a bad ass till he gets tired or mom comes home and takes the phone away. He always comes around this time on Saturday.
>>
>>9967311
He's fighting malaria
>>
Hi guys what are we talking abo-
>>
>>9967317
>Sun Man just wanted to hang out and eat pizza with his Earth friends, but he walked into the aftermath of the Snake Men's brutal attack on their apartment
>>
File: weird-al, polka master.jpg (222 KB, 840x1260)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>
>>9967279
Unironically, I'd buy a MOTU one of these if NECA decides to do more with the license. Maybe a Webstor, or even a proper glow-in-the-dark Scareglow knowing how well they handle that kind of plastic.
>>
>>9967343
>Maybe a Webstor, or even a proper glow-in-the-dark Scareglow knowing how well they handle that kind of plastic.
Do want.
>>
>>9967329
>strangely, it wasn't the actual Snake Men attack that caused such devastation, but instead Bolt-Man flipping out right after Rattlor rattled, resulting in indiscriminate lightning strikes towards both foes and friends
>>
File: motuc-kkhan.jpg (162 KB, 800x1204)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>Shatner will be a VA in Revolution
>it's unlikely that he'll say Kobra Khan's name
>>
>>9967317
NOT EVERY BLACK GUY IS SUN-, actually wait, he does kinda look like him.
>>
>>9967311
Thank you, the Mosquitors are the only flying baddie-related things I have that I could pit against the Wind Raider and Sun-Man. Maybe I can throw one of them in a Roton, whenever I can eventually get ahold of one
>>
File: 00-1.jpg (177 KB, 631x960)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>9967396
>forgot pic
>>
File: MotUO Sun-Man.jpg (265 KB, 1200x1200)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>9967359
Sun-Man's standard head is so great for these "youth reacting to comically bad situation" takes that I've yet to come up with serious adventures for him.
>>
File: MotU O Sun-Man MC.jpg (125 KB, 1000x1000)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>9967403
And I did not splurge on the MC version.
"MOM! The stupid backyard barbecue is out of control!"
>>
File: howdoipullup.jpg (108 KB, 620x620)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>9967403
>Sun-Man's standard head is so great for these "youth reacting to comically bad situation" takes that I've yet to come up with serious adventures for him
Same for me, he definitely looks very confused about suddenly being pulled into Eternia in an endearing way

>>9967412
>when you brought pizza and the apartment's on fire
>>
>>9967412
>>
>>
>>9967462
Don't trust him Sun Man!
>>
>>9967462
>Can't wait to see Clamp Champ show me some of his CQC!
>...
>What's he doing with those giant pliers?
>>
went to a comic convention yesterday in Hopes of Finding a Mer-Man figure, no luck. I did find a He-Man for $15
>>
>>9967477
Wow, that vinyl(?) figure looks good with He-Man and Skeletor.

>went to a comic convention yesterday in Hopes of Finding a Mer-Man figure, no luck
All-green body Mer-Man, or LoP? Shame you didn't find what you were looking for, I hope you can get it in the near future.
>>
>>9967477
Damn, if you had let me know you were going I'd have given you the money to get me one of those awesome Godzilla figures like in the pic. Nice shot.
>>
>>9967484

Thanks! The colors turned out much more vibrant that I expected. It's just a raw image i took with my phone.

also, LOP Mer-Man. I like his big, goofy eyes and the Green and yellow are much more pleasing to the eye.

>>9967482

Its some sort of bootleg Godzilla figure I found on Ebay a while back for for Godzilla figures. I cant find any markings on it. I think it was made using an Old Imperial Toys mold. I bought him just because of the weird colors.
>>
Hope you got your beast wranglers ready for next year.
>>
File: DSCN9578.jpg (125 KB, 768x1024)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>9967515
Cease and desist!
>>
I8 remember growing up that MOTU was considered Satanic by church groups. Does Anti-Eternia He-Man live up to their accusations?
>>
>>9967515
These look pretty cool, anyone else thinking about giving this line a chance?
>>
>>9967540
>Does Anti-Eternia He-Man live up to their accusations?
It's just He-Man but evil, there's nothing particularly demonic about him. He's what people think Faker is if they didn't know Faker is a robot.

Scareglow (and I guess Ninjor) fits a satanic theme better by being a spirit summoned to do someone's bidding.

>>9967543
I wanna see if they'll do some more snazzy weapons. A flame staff doesn't quite reel me in yet.
>>
>>9967549
I agree. AE-HM being of Germanic origin is still evil, though.
>>
>>9967515
this is what saggitar should have been
>>
>>9967558
>AE-HM being of Germanic origin is still evil, though.
I know it's not what you're implying, but I immediately thought about him stealing mustard and sauerkraut from little german children trying to enjoy a bratwurst and fries lunch
>>
>>9967565
Oh, that too lol
>>
>>9967543
Yeh, I've been thinking about it. Shall see
>>
>>9967462
>>
>>9967549
>He's what people think Faker is if they didn't know Faker is a robot.

What SHOULD Faker be, in you're guys opinion? Should he be treated like a Bizarro version of He-man, with a comparable level of strength but a personality that's "off"? As just a master of disguise that looks like He-Man but doesn't have any real powers? Should he even have a personality and self determination or just be a mindless robot?
>>
>>9967618
>Should he be treated like a Bizarro version of He-man, with a comparable level of strength but a personality that's "off"? As just a master of disguise that looks like He-Man but doesn't have any real powers? Should he even have a personality and self determination or just be a mindless robot?
As a robot, I think it would be alright if he's a different thing every time he shows up. If Skeletor needs him to look and act perfect, then he can't put that power into matching He-Man's strength. He can match everything, but not all at once.

One thing I've always liked (from the Classics bio lore) is him encountering Anti-Eternia Keldor under AE-HM's orders to infiltrate, but he can't ever resist perfectly following Skeletor so he turns against AE-HM as a result. So, he can follow orders of his own volition—but Skeletor's takes priority.
>>
>>9967543
I want to splice him onto a LoP Beastman
>>
>>9967618
have you ever seen return of faker? thats my ideal faker. a cyborg doppelganger of heman thats just a bit off in every sense, but is also cunning and intimidating in everyway. Thats the version of Faker I can see eventually assuming the role of Lord Faker. That's also partially why I've never been fond of the ultron esc take on faker where theres just hundreds of other fakers in cold storage waiting to be activated. To me he's always been motu's own t-800.
>>
>>9967647
Oh that'd be great looking! I'd enjoy seeing this head on beast man and vice a versa. That staff would look really hard on the lop beast man, just that extra bit that pushes him to be even more awesome looking.
>>
My Kol Darr arrived a couple days earlier than expected. I guess it makes up for Wun-Dar coming in a couple days late
>>
>>
>>9967782
-Dar must be a common suffix in one of the Eternian languages.
Miro also named his sons "dor"s.
>>
>>
File: wonderfullife.jpg (125 KB, 1400x933)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
It's a Wun-Darful Life, starring Jimmy Stewart in fur boots and undies.
>>
>>9967794
He looks much better amongst a group then I expected.
My biggest reason for skipping him was the armor...it looked too plain. Like you compare it MAA with its greebles, and Jitsu with the two tone colors and ornate designs. But he really fits in better than I expected inspite of that shortcoming...I thought it was gonna be a "Classics" type situation where a lot of Filmation guys (like Lizard Man) looked like they didn't really belong in the same toyline as like He-Man, Teela and MAA.

I'm glad I was proven wrong and I'll be sure to try and snag the next Filmation guy, who it may be.
>>
File: motuc-clawful-scorpia.jpg (280 KB, 593x686)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
Just realized that it's gonna be a long long time, if ever, before there's Origins Scorpia. First they'd have to commit to doing PoP, then figure out what she should look like if the ones with vintage toys follow those designs.
>>
File: PoP-Horde-dreadnought.jpg (57 KB, 681x600)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Posted without comment.
>>
>>9967826
I hope they make one of the monsters next.
>>
>>9967843
Who's the best Filmation monster?
>>
>>9967845
Monstrous humanoid, or "monster" monster?
If the former, Strongarm
If the latter, Molkrom
>>
>>9967845
Top 5 in this order
>Granamyr(absolute best and none of the others come close)
>Sh'Gora
>Molkrom
>Takdryl
>The Sleeping Beast

Would say Dragoon but he is very humanoid. Honorable mention is the Sand Demons who also have doubled as ice monsters or stone monsters, and the Shadow Beasts.
>>
>>9967790
Duh is the suffix for confirmed Eternian retards. So Whiplash's full name is Whiplash-Duh.
>>
File: save08.jpg (60 KB, 917x687)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>9967865
>sh'gora

I would deduct points for looking so stupid.
The Sleeping Beast does Lovecraftian Elder God way better.
>>
File: MotU_Sleeping_Beast.jpg (114 KB, 912x687)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
The Sleeping Beast
>>
File: Sleeping_Beast.jpg (80 KB, 912x687)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>9967886
I completely agree but am biased as it's one of my favorite episodes, Sh'Gora was a fun villain and the Sleeping Beast ends up getting fucked up with ease. Sleeping Beast is a way cooler design, although for Filmation it is incredibly detailed to the point it's almost distracting and looks like it should be in a different cartoon.
>>
Which female characters do y'all want before Shokoti there?

Marlena is #1
After that, it's a tough call. Shadow Weaver or Catra open the floodgate to "complete the Filmation Horde", and Rebels to fight them...
Kittrina would be a good addition to Eternia without bringing in anyone else.
>>
>>9967932
Despara
>>
>>9967932
Why before Shokoti? After is more ideal, she's best choice and a standout villain.
>>
File: 20220806_233907_HDR.jpg (1.14 MB, 3120x4160)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
Warning if any of you have the battle cat/battle armor heman 2 pack, checked my figures and some of the paint somehow rubbed off onto him. Glad i had a cheap figure on him
>>
File: SHOKOTI.jpg (190 KB, 1344x885)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>9967932
>Shokoti
>>9968042
>>
>>9968115
Oof, that's not good.
>>
File: page10.png (381 KB, 837x452)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
>>9968161
>>9968161
>>9968161
>>9968161
New Thread let's go go go go!
>>
>>9964962
Should join the Horde because that's a horrendous design.
>>
>>9967543
im kind of poorfag bit prr ordered not panthor lady
dont really care about the rest

id like more female motu, but the faces and knees of the new ones im not that into

more visible joints in the knees id gladly accept to make then slimmer looking
>>
>>9962100
The best toys

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.