[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 60 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

Welcome to the Doll General!
A thread for discussion of fashion dolls including Barbie, Disney, LOL OMG, Living Dead Dolls, Licca-chan etc but not BJD.

Other toys considered dolls as well as girl collectable toys that are related to dolls or can be used as accessories to dolls are also welcome such as LOL, Capsule Chix, Shopkins, Polly Pocket and the like.

Previous Thread: >>9909029

>Archived Threads: https://archive.alice.al/toy/search/subject/Fashion%20doll/
>Sewing pattern books from Google+, reuploaded
https://mega.nz/folder/iFd3wapa#B70grHUe4xsTkLU_s8Ag_Q
>>
>Dog days of summer fun edition.
>>
Thoughts on an online doll convention like this that covers lots of different doll areas? I think the idea has great potential but this particular one seems light on programming, heavy on sales and mostly composed of pre-recorded video content that’s available for free after the con. Maybe I’m just missing something that goes on interactively in the group over the weekend so I’ll join this time and see. I’m not interested in buying Neema but I wouldn’t mind finally getting an Ellowyne. This con is also scheduled the weekend of the US BlytheCon. But looking in the archives, people only rarely speak of Tonner dolls or Blythe here?
>>
Shadow High series 2
>>
>>9955650
These don't look that good imo. I liked series 1 a lot and I feel like greyscale made more sense for "shadow" high. But I'm really not feeling series 2. Wish they would just release the same characters as series 1 but with different outfits or something. I love Luna but I hate her outfit, would be nice to get her in a new outfit/theme.
>>
>>9955650
Pink and Green are best girls. Green should've had the star reflections in her eyes instead of Boy, though.
>>
>>9955852
She has them, they all do, the image quality is just poor so they don’t show as well
>>
>>9955708
Didn’t the storyline say that they were going to come out from the shadow and into the light? So maybe that’s why they were introduced as grey-scale and will now grow more diverse and colorful with each new series and new character introductions?
>>
File: 1659372001608177.png (1.64 MB, 1079x1086)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
>>9955650
This line looks disjointed so i did a quick edit to see how they could look as a more consistent group
>>
>>9955650
Dia remains their worst doll
Glitch looks fine but boring, something about her is so last minute all over
Karla is perfect, she’s beautiful, she’s a model, she looks like Linda Evangelista…
Purple girl - I’m critically optimistic…she could either be pretty or look like a grape irl better tone than Dia though.
Alien girl - Hate this
Black boy - looks incredible, first guy I’ll get from the line. Kind of pissed he’s in this line because he won’t have a second outfit.
>>
>>9955650
Space girl has a Novi Stars shirt.
>>
>>9955315
i wish there was a con for playline dolls, that would be so fun. they seem to only exist for higher-end/collectible ones
>>
>>9955650
Glitch is underwhelming. The boy could be really good or really bad. Hopefully the dolls are more impressive in person.
>>
>>9955876
Will buy the boy because they've only made 4 boys so far and I need the outfit, and he doesn't look outrageous. I wonder if his eye shape will be swappable with the earlier face mold.
>>
>>9956181
Oh, incredible, unforgettable
Here on Earth from the stars
Extraterrestrial, sparkle, shine..
Hey Girls, It's Novi Time!
>>
would you say the harry potter spin master line is successful?
>>
>>9957092
I've only ever seen the mini figures in store and never any of the characters I want. The designs are cute enough but the quality just isn't quite there for me.
>>
>>9957006
That line was super disappointing.
>>
>>9957092
I have had thoughts about picking up Cho because she’s really freaking cute but I don’t really like the idea of supporting HP as a franchise anymore.
>>
>>9957092
Meh, they're fine, nothing worth picking up for me personally
>>
>>9955650
I wonder if this are actually series 2 cuz on the other boxed images the logo that usually says "Series" has a different symbol altogether.

Regardless i think this i will get on clearance only bcuz of the lack of 2nd outfit, might get Karla and Alien girl without guilt both are cute..m bit can the boy dolls please have a new facemold
>>
>>9957092
They're cute but I wish I could find the Mattel Harry Potter dolls in store instead.
>>
File: rebody advise pls.jpg (742 KB, 1272x876)
742 KB
742 KB JPG
I want to rebody a doll that matches with the original blue top m2m but I don't like m2m joints and that current blue tops are darker than the original.
Wondering which FR tone would match, maybe Hungarian?
>>
>>9957357
You might be better off with b-tone
>>
>>9957168
>but I don’t really like the idea of supporting HP as a franchise anymore
t. tranny
>>
>>9957405
Nah beyond the Twitter drama it's just not a well handled franchise and a total mess story wise, I get enjoying it as a kid but as an adult it is just not a good story
>>
>>9957144
I really liked it, in spite of the doll not being articulated at all.
I guess the proprtions and fantasy skin tones were really apealing to me.
>>
>>9955650
really like the pink, the green and the indigo.
>>
>>9957409
Fair enough anon.

>>9957485
Fashion doll without bendable knees sucks. The prototypes they did for the bigger robot girls were amazing though.
>>
>>9957405
I'm cis but don't really want to support people outwardly transphobic, I think that's pretty reasonable. Vote with your dollars and all
>>
>>9957168
>Cho Chang
>Ching Chong
Not racist at all kek
>>
File: MH.jpg (103 KB, 612x912)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
Ewww these are the original 2008 MH prototypes, so glad they went with the more cartoony cute style with bigger heads and eyes, these just look weird with Barbie proportions. Frankie is white because Mattel said girls don't like green and then during a focus group the kids asked why she wasn't green kek
>>
>>9957849
They’re in house mock ups based on Barbie bodies. What did you expect them to look like?

Also, like most large companies, upper management and executives are usually the most out of touch people on the planet. Mattel has proven this time and time again. It’s a miracle they ever make anything decent.
>>
>>9958103
Yeah. After seeing how much nicer the Mermaid High prototypes were I’m slightly less mad at designers and angrier at management.
>>
>>9958103
However this doesn’t count for Barbie. The designers there are huffing paint thinner
>>
>>9957849
These were basically just concepts to convince suits that the idea could work, there's concept art that's closer to what we got, I remember the creator mentioning that he felt so validated when the kids brought up that Frankie should be green lmao
>>
>>9957792
>I'm a retard who support the current thing
FIFY
>>
>>9958178
Let’s not do this shit, these threads just go pleasant again.
>>
>>9958130
These clothes just look like they were designed to use up the leftover fabric scraps from other production runs.
>>
I regret not getting into the Novi Stars
>>
>>9958333
They're like Fashionista tier designs but more boring and there's nothing cohesive outside of "color block" which is such a vague concept. They don't even have similar color schemes, just bright color. And desu I couldn't give much less of a shit about the clothes myself but the faces and hair look shitty too.
>>
Ok but what was the original that the Steffie rewind doll is based on?
>>
>>9958746
School Fun Barbie
>>
File: 1k3ppdguykh41.jpg (1.26 MB, 1512x2016)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>9958754
>1991 doll
>based on Barbie
>not Midge California Dreaming/Club from 1987
>not Midge Softball 1989
>not Diva from the Rockers in any of her forms
>not Midge Cool Times 1988
>not Kayla Dance Club 1989
>using the Steffie face after having been on the Teresa doll in the same line and not just using the Diva face
>so many artistic liberties with the outfit
I have so many questions
>>
>>9955650
they only come with one outfit. pass
the quality is going down i fear
>>
File: 49937527488_33de70c3c6.jpg (338 KB, 753x1023)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
>>9957849
>Frankie is white because Mattel said girls don't like green and then during a focus group the kids asked why she wasn't green kek
Pretty much any toy focus group story I've heard is funny. Back in the mid-80s, She-Ra went through cycles of figuring out how animals would fit into the play pattern. Doll designer Justine Dantzer initially proposed a winged stag for She-Ra, which got focus grouped into "girls prefer ponies". So Mattel sent a white horse named Swift Wind to the cartoon people, who decided he was a boy. Then another focus group round with little girls produced the feedback that Swift Wind should be a pink girl and Bow's horse needed to be blue and have wings to be interesting.
>>
Just pulled out my Monster High collection which I had stored away in a plastic box in my cupboard and haven’t looked at them for about four years I’d say and oh dear lord. All their hair is rock hard and greasy and messed up, the grease has seeped in to their outfits and I had them all stacked lying on each other so got a chan reaction going on. This is going to take a lot of work to restore. Going have to wash them all and wash their clothes. Ugh..
>>
>>9958124
I hear people say this a lot but I Persia let think the final dolls look cute as fuck.
>>
>>9958916
>I Persia let think the final dolls look cute as fuck.
Hi Persia!
>>
>>9958892
Rest in Pisces
>>
>>9958892
I deboxed mine a few years ago when I noticed grease spots forming behind the heads. Fortunately a few detergent washes seem to have cleared it up so it didn’t get on the clothes. But RIP to their MIB state.
>>
>>9957092
These sell very well at my local Target, they don't end up going on clearance like some of the other lines do. IDK if it's kids or adults buying them though

>>9957168
>>9957792
>>9957839
Oh lord, why are SJWs hanging out on 4chan of all places? Go away
>>
I'm so frustrated with the doll customizing community. Too frequently I'll go looking for a specific tip, only to find the exact same advice repeated over and over with no explanation as to WHY that advice is the most recommended, only to trace it back to usually some youtuber who tried it once and now everyone repeats it like it's gospel and the only solution.

It's like literally no one passing out this information actually does any custom themselves, they just watch the videos and spread the (mis)info. And then the youtubers are just as bad, just copying each others solutions.

Why is literally everyone doing this just flying by the seat of their pants when we've been mass producing plastic dolls for over a hundred years?
>>
>>9959305
What information?
I've tried customizing before, watercolor pencils but I got stopped because Mr Super Clear literally never dries in my area since it's always humid.
>>
>>9959373
It's been a dozen things over the past year that I've tried to learn about customizing. Right now it's the best way to reroot for fringe, but I finally found more useful info by digging through someone's tumblr blog for an hour to find a post from 6 years ago. All I wanted was this exact comparison and someone talking about where the plugs need to go for the different styles.
>>
File: IMG_20190829_160256.jpg (54 KB, 743x951)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>9957849
They look good, MH looks like shit with their super thin body and humongous heads it looks like bubble head, nostalgia makes you think they actually look nice
>>
>>9959696
What's inosuke got to do with this
>>
Naturalistas releasing some nice fashion packs
>>
>>9959890
Too much logo on everything, too little articulation for a $25 doll, but that’s just me.
>>
>>9959890
I'm going to pit to woman against each other but naturalistas did more without even being out than the fresh dolls ever did.

Dr Lisa and MGA fumbled the bag, that how you do a non Barbie line.

The only major issue they will face is their theme, natural hair is too niche and will alienate regular non black customers and limits the line to only black dolls so they will never get to be in europe and others countries
>>
>>9960039
Eh it's not an obnoxious logo
>>
>>9960039
Logo prints are popular and this is a really subdued one. I don’t like the dolls but holy shit I wish more companies would give us decent fashion packs.
>>
>>9960047
>will alienate regular non black customers
I would say even blacks. Smooth hair is the easies to brush and style and that's what little girls like to do with their fashion dolls.
I'm just soo sick of girls toys being full of propaganda and educational bullshit, like boys just get to have a toy that does pew pew, why can't we have just a doll that has a nice hair and clothes?!
>>
>>9960176
It's hardly propaganda, it's just a different type of hair, it really is not that deep that they might want to appeal to a certain buyer who happens to have that hair or experience with that hair. And toys have been about education since forever, it's not really a new concept.
>>
>>9960202
It is, it's all that diversity bs.
>toys have been about education since forever
Why do you lie?! Please explain to me how something like TMNT is educational? The truth i's mostly prelvant to girls toys.
>>
>>9960208
Anon different people exist and will buy dolls even if the hair isn't brushable, if we had it your way all dolls would just have straight long hair, just because that's something girls like with their dolls doesn't mean every doll needs to copy paste the hair.
>baby dolls
>building blocks
>tea sets
>literally Barbies original intention
The act of play is inherently educational, just because it's not in your face about it doesn't make it not educational. A doll being black isn't propaganda or forcing a lesson, we have popular black pop stars and beauty influencers it is no surprise there are more black dolls
>>
>>9960047
>The only major issue they will face is their theme,
Social nudity?
>natural hair is too niche and will alienate regular non black customers and limits the line to only black dolls
Ohhh, yeah. That's not even fun to brush.
What's the body like? Can you just fit the fashions on other dolls?
>>
>>9960221
It's entire doll line of only black dolls with puufy hair, that's somehow not considered racist yet an entire doll line with white dolls with straight hair is. This is diversity propaganda
You didn't answer my question or tried to give examples of boys toys being overtly educational like girls toys.
>>
>>9960231
>It's entire doll line of only black dolls with puufy hair
A good question is why does this matter to you? It is not taking up entirely shelves, it isn't taking away white dolls, nobody is forcing you to buy Naturalistas and I'm sorry if you don't have basic history knowledge as to guess why there's an entire doll line displaying only dark skinned girls, I'm not going to give you that history lesson because that's basic fashion doll history 101 and if you haven't caught up then that's on you.
>You didn't answer my question or tried to give examples of boys toys being overtly educational like girls toys.
science kits were aimed at boys, trains and building kits were educational toys aimed at boys. Even early pew-pew toys were educational because hunting as a sport was more common. You're getting pressed over literally nothing, you want a pale doll with easy to comb hair and nice fashion then take your pick because they're everywhere.
>>
>>9960237
I know of Fresh dolls and you're just making a strewman that I suppsedly think that white dolls are going away when in fact, I just pointed out the double standrd.
>science kits were aimed at boys, trains and building kit
Those are no longer major toys in the market and very expensive whereas all the propaganda girls toys are cheap and easily accessible.
>>
>>9960248
It isn't a double standard but you're either willfully ignorant of fashion doll history or genuinely too stupid to understand that. But again why does this bother you when you have plenty of options that fit your ideals?
And there you go again with the
>propaganda
What exactly is the propaganda you think is being made?
>>
File: 20220803-090402.jpg (327 KB, 968x972)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
For those who like Miraculous Ladybug.
>>
>>9960275
I know very well there weren't black dolls until the 70's, it doesn't excuse the current double standard in which it's ok to have an entire black dolls only line but bad to have the same with white dolls.
Diversity bs is propaganda which you willingfully ignore.
>>
File: 20220803-090413_.jpg (333 KB, 961x956)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
>>9960279
>>
File: 20220803-090428_.jpg (418 KB, 969x964)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
>>9960281
>>
>>9960279
Is she limited or just in a "fancy" package? I want to see her in stores. I have the one that comes with both civilian and superhero outfit, she is nice but the plastic of the body is cheap and hollow.
>>
>>9960280
So it's propaganda and a double standard because it's not appealing to you specifically. Even though you understand the historical significance that set up the situation to be this way, because not only were there no black fashion dolls until the late 60s/early70s, but there was also terrible distribution of black fashion dolls well into the modern day. And again the existence of these dolls doesn't stop the constant flow of pale straight haired dolls for you to enjoy and brush the hair of.
>>
>>9960286
Only seeing her on Amazon, unfortunately.
>>
>>9960295
You keep strewmaning and think it's ok to pay injusice by injusice, you're a hypocrite and a horrible person.
>>
>>9960302
*injustice
>>
>>9960302
Get over it you big whiny baby.
>>
>>9960314
>failed to disprove that girls toys suffer from propaganda
>relies on poor strewman arguments
>eventually fully admit that's true and is even ok with that
>all she left with is name calling
Pathetic
>>
when are we getting a midget barbie?
>>
>>9960322
Your idea of propaganda is just your own fragility getting the better of you
You can't get over the world not giving you 100% of its attention
You care way too much about it despite having multiple alternatives
I know it's a lot to ask of anyone on a /toy/ board especially in a fashion doll thread, but get a life.
>>
>>9960328
We pretty much got that with the Extra Minis
>>
>>9960331
>she keeps strawmaning and projecting
I never said that entirely black doll line is bad thing on itself, I'm simply saying that's hypcortical to be only ok with that but be against entirely white doll line. You're the one who wants the whole world revolve around your diversity crap.
>>
>>9960350
If you really want to play this up as a real issue of double standards then let's be completely real, if a toy company wanted to have a complete line of blonde pale white girls, they absolutely could, if MGA proved anything it's that if the product sells they don't have to give a fuck about online backlash like with Poopsie unicorns or scantily clad LOL baby dolls. Maybe the reason this isn't happening is because the diversity does actually sell.
>>
>>9960385
>Poopsie unicorns or scantily clad LOL baby dolls.
It's not political issue so oranges and apples. If some comapny did an only white fashion doll line all the libshits on social media would whine to no end.
>the diversity does actually sell
Barbie's potato dress for their diverse body types says otherwise.
>>
>>9960385
God it cracks me up, MGA are insane. I can’t believe the fucking Nanana dolls have lingerie printed on. I am really liberal about stuff but even I think this is a little much. I also find people putting younger looking dolls like Licca or Rainbow High odd, just get a Barbie so she looks like an adult
>>
File: Rainbow High Series 1-4.png (1.23 MB, 1000x1029)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>9960393
their nanana dolls were all white till their fourth serie so...

The first serie of Rainbow high was also mostly white dolls, the diversity claims were valid and they made stronger dolls with more unique designs as a result
>>
>>9960226
I'm not sure the exact dimensions, I want more of those blog images online comparing doll bodies next to each other because all the ones we have are a good 10 years old by now
>>
>>9960237
>guess why there's an entire doll line displaying only dark skinned girls
Is it because they never sell like the many many many prior lines that have all discontinued?
>>
>>9960385
The propaganda anon believes is being pushed is that POC should be allowed to exist and be visible. So scandalous.

I really like the natural curly hair materials they've been using more recently, I think it looks cute and adds nice variety. I never cared about hair brushing as a kid, I don't care that I can't brush it. I'm sure other kids do, but there are lots of other dolls for that. Then again, with all the glue they put in the hair these days...
>>
>>9959890
That's a cute bathrobe.
>>
>>9960047
I think they are really pretty but unlikely to gain enough traction in their target market to succeed as a line. Moms know how easily regular doll hair turns into pic related. As a play doll, most of these will quickly have even more issues. I might get the 3 I like best for fashion display. Wish they had more joints and better shoes.
>>
>>9960703
I dont think most parents care about the state of the dolls hair after it's played with
>>
>>9959798
Just pointing out the truth, they are ugly but I can see how little girls wanted them cartoony and with big heads since children prefer cartoony proportions but the proto mh dolls are gorgeous so it would appeal more to an adult collector
>>
>>9960880
That doesn't answer my question
>>
>>9960880
Sorry but the concept Frankie looks like a cheap whore
>>
>>9959305
Because customizing is mostly trail and error. I agree some things are lacking a "why" (had to dig deep on why you should only use water color pencils), but that's most like due to noone really knows and simply stick to the expirence of others. Also there is hardly a wrong way in customizing except for a few materials to avoid because to react in a certain way to the plastic.
>>
>>9960279
Why is she brown?
>>
>>9960948
I like him
>>
>>9960208
>>9960231
bc little girls are smart and socially mature while little boys are violent dumbasses. the toys align with their natural traits
>>
>>9957849
As much as I like the originally released playline designs, I’d very much prefer something proportioned like these samples for the current year collectors editions. Hoping they end up doing repros of these one day!
>>
>>9961057
What part of it makes her look like whore? She just looks like a preppy girl.
>>
>>9961953
I doubt those versions will ever see the light of day again, they're just to show off the concept
>>
>>9961997
Not that anon but a lot of moms said hers and others outfit look whore-ish back in the day.

Altho if that was slutry clothes back in the 2010s am a bit concerned about how ppl preceive me back then
>>
>>9962272
Tbh parents were probably more upset by the makeup than clothes. Big lips and heavy makeup were definitely seen as sluttier back then, parents fucking hated Bratz and if you look at the outfits, they’re not slutty at all besides heels and like 1cm of midriff. I really think it was the faces and having big lips.
>>
Cute new budget holiday Barbie. There's a boring Millie one too but I love this one with her side glance!
>>
>>9960410
I'm a conservative and I see nothing wrong with that, women wears lingerie irl and NNS are just stylized. Shit like MH massage be a degenerate and demand the whole world to bow before you or Createable World which deny basic biology and push sex talk to kids (bullshit social studies term created by a pedophile who made two sibilings having sex with each other and drove them to suicide isn't separated from the real terms sex) is actually horrifying than oh no a doll dress in a certain way as if what a dolls wears is what kids or even adults should wear.

>>9960441
Which exactly prove my inital point about propaganda and the double standards which allows an entire black doll line, but not white doll line. MGA Still hasn't gone the complete road of diversity like Mattel with their fat barbies and different bodu molds which ruin the play value and point of fashion dolls.

>>9960594
Stop strawmaning and POC is just a new euphemism for colored people you hypocrite liberal racist.
>I
I don't care about your unique existence, special snowflake, you don't represent the average and normal girl.
>all the glue they put in the hair these days...
That's shit...this why Licca is the true queen of playline fashion dolls, despite sadly having most dolls with thin rooting.
>>
>>9961671
No sweaty, little girls are easier to brainwash that's why as they're more docile and suspicable to social pressure unlike boys who more individualistic and bold.
>>
>>9962752
Nah we get brainwashed in different ways, like for war and having pride in wageslave jobs
>>
>>9960594
Fuck off commie faggot
>>
>>9962759
That's general brainwash for both sexes, but it doesn't contradict what I said at all. For exmple, girls are now being pushed to become codemonkeys (STEM theme crap toys) to lower the wage of that profession.
>>
>>9962774
>That's general brainwash for both sexes
Eh it is heavier on males than females when it comes to war and jobs, gotta throw your life away for this country one way or another, this is off topic regardless
>>
>>9962713
Lmao I like her, she looks like a bitch
>>
>>9962777
Not in regarding to toys, you failed to tackle the actual argument and tried to spin it so of course it's off-topic.
>>
>>9961997
It's the face. The clothes are fine, but her makeup looks like some streetwalker or your average OF thot
>>
>>9962713
>>9962779
Why can't Mattel bring back eyeshadows and click knees?! Releases like these frustrate even more as they were actaully close to make a good doll.
>>
>>9962783
Eh it's just a shit flinging argument for the sake of shit flinging either way, I'm fine with it ending here.
New OMG Fierce leak, it's the Egyptian girl, wish the face was a bit more glamorous but maybe the outfit will be better.
>>
File: Image_1.jpg (63 KB, 567x425)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>9962793
Wow, she actually looks more Egyptian than Nigerian.
>>
>>9962793
>Eh it's just a shit flinging argument for the sake of shit flinging either way
>I was just pretending to argue

>wish the face was a bit more glamorous
I think it has more to do with the photo quality, but the lips being plain matte does take away from the collector/special edition feel.
>>
>>9962804
True but I would have liked a darker richer red, maybe I'm just biased from seeing Cleo wear it all the time
>>
>>9962808
I agree, glossy dark red lips would improve this doll a lot.
>maybe I'm just biased from seeing Cleo wear it all the time
Both true at the same time and I share that feeling too. At least we will get good copycat Cleo.
>>
>>9962815
I hope her outfit is really nice and glamorous, I was disappointed by the Haunt Couture Cleo.
>>
File: 20220804_154050.jpg (234 KB, 719x938)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>9962793
Her belt and arm jewellery
>>
>>9962985
Lmao they really said Fuck Monster High with this and the RH Halloween dolls
>>
>>9963050
i think they are scared of monster high return since they have a good chunks of the "girls" market after Barbie and they want it to fail quicker

i think for a company that was a great strategy, they knew and anticipated their return and changed their plan to release all their similar products before them.
>>
File: 812FpaGHKiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (196 KB, 825x1500)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
I know I'm incredibly late to the party and had outgrown dolls way before monster high was a thing but I would have absolutely loved this doll if I had gotten it when I was nine
>>
does anyone here have a blythe doll? how do people buy these things? are these naked ones on ebay and etsy for fifty or sixty bucks like recast or something? I can't even figure out where to start with these.
>>
>>9963208
Outing myself as a filthy r eddi tor but there was a thread on r / Dolls about them recently. I was considering on buying one myself so the comments were pretty useful imo. Spam filter won't let me post a link but it's easy to search up.

Consensus was basically recasts are fine, Blythe are owned by a big company so there is not the same concern about protecting small businesses. Don't buy from thisisblythe, they're a scam/reselling site. If you want to customize then buying parts on ebay/etsy is fine, though they might be cheaply made. If you want an authentic pricey one you can try mandarake, or Juniemoon seems to be an official shop of sorts, they're linked on the official blythedoll dot com site, but they have a pretty small inventory.
>>
>>9963208
https://www.toyboxphilosopher.com/2022/05/patron-post-is-this-blythe.html
>>
>>9962774
I would still say this is a North American ethic that spread back to Europe and spread through trade relations.
>>
File: combine_images.jpg (1.1 MB, 3679x1485)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
i really want these three dolls, i wanna keep them displayed (out of the box) in my dorm but im wondering if it'd be a little odd. i know people probably wouldn't care but sometimes i wonder..

also a bunch of LOL OMG dolls are 60% off on amazon right now if anyones interested
>>
>>9963208
I’ve been researching them for some time too and it seems there are a few options, it’s kind of weird
Completed dolls - official Blythe dolls with hair and costumes, all bought together, overpriced desu
OOAK - completed by artists, usually on Etsy and such
Factory - this is where I’m a little confused…it looks like factory dolls may be official, but just the base version? I don’t know if these are what they’re referring to when people talk about recasts, since I’m not sure where else people are getting base dolls
Recasts - cheaper materials and such

I saw that thread on Reddit too but I’m not sure they were right, there seemed to be an official base doll market that isn’t the same thing as recasts.
>>
Any opinions on Jasmine dolls? She’s been my favorite all my life and now I want to customize a really fancy Jasmine doll. Not sure if I want to pick up something like this to use or use a Barbie as a base. This is the best looking Jasmine face I’ve seen on available dolls
>>
>>9963435
Oh nice! I thought TTBP had stopped blogging. I missed her in depth reviews. Good to see that she's up & running again.
>>
>>9963435
I am going to have nightmares
>>
I wish searching for doll stuff didn’t leave me open to being assaulted with pictures of reborn dolls. Of all the vile things to exist, those things should come with a trigger warning.
>>
>>9962740
>Createable World
I just saw them as cute boy dolls, I got some when they went on clearance a while back, got my little cousins them too and just kept the girl clothes/wigs and they didn't even notice. Hell they were ahead of the curve and used a bald Elana of Avolor doll as "the boy doll" naked since they didn't have boy clothes, before I got them some Ken's and CWs, then they went from
>He can be her brother!
to
>He's her boyfriend!
shockingly quick.
>What? I thought he was her brother?
>He can be both!
>>
>>9963833
Using Google, type in ‘thing you are looking for’, a space, then -reborn
It won’t catch all of them but it reduces the number that pops up significantly.
>>
>>9963833
I was talking about this earlier…the doll community is really made up of people into completely different things. You got your playline fashion dolls and expensive collectors dolls, then you have reborn people who will ask you how cute their baby Grace is (not at all, it’s terrifying, I want to chuck it), and worst of all the people who find some fabric doll with 1 eye and dubious stains from the 40s that clearly has a demon inside it.
>>
>>9963050
>RH Halloween dolls
Eeeh I feel like those that we've seen aren't really delivering on the Halloween appeal as much, like they're nice but they just stuck ears on one and failed to even give the vampire fangs, the fairy is the nicest one, but I want spooky for Halloween not a fairy
>>
>>9963723
I found her blog again like a month ago and was thrilled. I didn’t even realize it was till I was like “this is a lot of pics and really in depth…”

Also on the Blythe subject, I’ve been planning on picking up one soon but their faces aren’t my fav and I think the Icys look infinitely better
>>
>>9963899
Yeah but the Monster High reboot isn’t serving much fear either. I wonder if gore and spooky is out right now with designers because of so much shit going on in the world. Meanwhile I want a damn Skullector Jigsaw with tiny little traps
>>
>>9963905
Not fear no, but they're giving more monster than what RH is serving so far, unfortunately.
>>
>>9963867
This doesn't generally work anymore since many searches are algorithmic and not term based. Unfortunately it also happens on etsy, ebay and cuck reddit.
>>9963889
But they need to know how much their filthy demon doll is worth so they can list it on ebay asap!! What if it's rare and worth millions?!!
>>
>>9962752
is individualistic and bold what we're calling murder and rape these days? what kinda toys can we give boys to stop being barely one stop above gorillas
>>
>>9963715
This is Jasmine autist anon's time to shine!

>>9963889
BJD collectors win the insanity competition between doll collectors IMO. The reborn people usually have a good reason for being weirdos (losing their baby or not able to have kids) but BJD people have no excuse for their craziness.
>>
>>9964097
I hate the hyper realism, combined with the fact that it’s probably replacing a real dead baby… It makes the monster customs so much more disturbing too. Normally I like horror shit but idk why the reborn crowd goes nuts for it.
>>
>>9964097
I asked about cheaper options for a new customizer in the bjd thread, and they told me to get three jobs and eat ramen for a month to get a $1000 dream doll instead.
>>
Are there any horror/supernatural themed fashion dolls with realistic proportions?
>>
>>9963936
Because rh/sh are costume not real monster so you can still use their pieces for regular mix and match
>>
>>9964393
All I can think of is the Haunted Beauty line by Barbie but it's expensive
>>
>>9964399
How unfortunate and boring of them
>>
>>9962985
Hell yeah that is promising
>>
>>9964097
Reborn as just sad, adn I can perfectly empathize with those women for perosnnal reasons. I don't want to fall on the reborn rabbithole however, I prefer compensating with cats. It's much more rewarding and socially acceptable.
>>
If MTM Barbies are fashion dolls then does that make GI Joe/Action Man fashion dolls too?
>>
>>9964406
boring it's having a vampire doll that you can only dress in pink with bat and web prints
>>
>>9964527
Boring is also having a vampire girl who doesn't even get fangs, not even a damn vampire, some dolls should be allowed to branch out more into their theme without fear of redress-ability
>>
>>9964526
Only the ones that came with actual outfits
>>
>>9963081
Both Mattel and MGA are overexaggerating and overestimating MH; although MH gained quick and great success despite being a new brand they don't have such a longlasting influence and importance like say Bratz or Barbie. I mean I highly doubt any of the kids and tweens who grew up with MH have their own kids now, so it's not like how avarage mom see Barbie dolls and buy it for her girls because she had ones when she was a little girl (despite being curently overpriced shit quality), in other words having brand recognition. With Mattel making another watered down cutesy MH, it won't stand out and be able to compete with the harsh competition in playline doll market, meaning it's won't catach the attention of little girls and as for the adult collectors execpt for the few blind consoomers, they wouldn't buy this crap. MH is gonna fail big time again, because Mattel are cheapskate retards.

>>9963848
>as cute boy dolls
They came with a wig and skirt (and not a scottish kilt), shit was clearly tranny grooming with the massage being all over the box.
> just kept the girl clothes/wigs
Which is why they weren't aware of this travesty.

>>9963690
>in my dorm but im wondering if it'd be a little odd. i know people probably wouldn't care but sometimes i wonder..
The real issue is will your dolls be safe whether it's from people or environment (humdity, high temps, etc). If they're than you should do it and not give a shit, personally, I hate toys being outside, especially fashion dolls and gathering dust, it's disgusting.

>>9964097
>Jasmine autist anon
Don't awake the beast from its sleep, you don't what you're asking for!

>>9964097
>BJD collectors win the insanity competition
True, it's because most of them are upper class libshits, the recast folks are more sane but still infected by woke shit far worse than the regular fashion doll fandom.
>>
>>9964533
because she's in a COSTUME not an actual vampire plus painted on fangs looks wierd without the right mold

>without fear of redress-ability
fashion play is the principal selling point of RH, that costume line is on par with the brands.
everyone complained for the cheer face lacking versatility and i understand them
>>
>>9964551
Costumes can have fangs, and painted fangs would look fine. It's dumb to call her a vampire and not even include the most ironic part of the vampire. They can still have fashion play with the outfits leaning more into costumes, and I dont remember any complaints of the cheer faces lacking versatility. Dolls should be allowed to have a bit more character when the theme calls for it, and a Halloween line is exactly where they should be allowed to be more playful.
>>
>>9964537
>it won't stand out and be able to compete with the harsh competition in playline doll market,
So parent question: what's the best first playline for a 3-year-old?
>>
>>9964555
she already have the aesthetic she don't really need it, vampire dolls if they're not smilling or don't have an open mouth doesn't need fangs that looks wierd,
plus shadow high are already have fantasy skins they are already more playfull than a regular costume line from a regular fashion dolls
>>
>>9964562
>she don't really need it
Lmao yes she does, it's a costume party, not including fangs is lazy. Like who goes to a costume party as a vampire with no fangs? Nobody. Also fangs can hang over the teeth it's super stereotypical of vampire design, Draculaura has been doing it for years. Why is it so outlandish to expect that fantasy costumes deliver what is at the very least expected of them, to match the monster they're dressed as. That is the bare minimum, she's pretty dont get me wrong but put a hat on her and she's a witch or stick her in the regular SH line and she's just a goth girl.
>>
>>9964551
I think the only reason anyone complained about lack of versatility in the cheer lines faces was because it was only the second line of the dolls released thus far
>>
>>9964557
I think that 3 year olds are too young to appreciate and play properly with fashion dolls, I remember how I loved to chew my barbies' rubber feet (poor girls today won't know that feeling). However, if you really want to get her a fashion doll, I would highly recommend Liccas, though they're pricey; they have velcro all through the dresses so they're easy to put off and on and they cover their small items like shoes in material that taste bitter so kids won't swallow it. Just make sure to remove the earrings first, because they're really small and can be easily swallowed.
>>
>tfw i never found Hexician Steam...
it hurts so much bros...
>>
>>9964537
Monster high do have brand recognition, the Monster high fanbase is still active and their youtube channel still pull a good nombers of views for compilation.
The skullector, haunt couture and creeproduction all sell out like hot cakes even if with scalper.

And that actually one problem this reboot will face, peoples want the original style of the first generation and will hate them simply because they're different even if they invest in better fashion to compete with MGA

>>9964557
I would say nanana surprise for higher budget then fashionista or any unarticulated dolls under $10 (sparkle girlz, dream ella, hairmazing...)

>>9964575
I already said for easy redressing and cause it looks weird on a closed mouth.
It's clear we will talk in circles so let's agree to disagree
>>
>>9964614
They have brand recogontion only among young adult (adult collectors) and teens. As I've said it's not on par with Bratz or Barbie when you can have moms buying dolls for their kids, which is what a mass produced playline needs and the kids themeselves won't be in particular intersted in them because they're not unique/stand out.

>even if they invest in better fashion to compete with MGA
>invest in better fashion
>Mattel
Top kek

>nanana surprise
Also a good option

>fashionista
Overpriced trash.

>unarticulated dolls under $10 (sparkle girlz, dream ella, hairmazing...)
Decent, but not great.
>>
>>9964614
>I already said for easy redressing and cause it looks weird on a closed mouth.
And I'm saying the line is weaker for it and that it'd look fine with a closed mouth because designs of the past have proved it.
>let's agree to disagree
Can't, I'm too stubborn
>>
>>9964537
There's always room for grooming when adult collect dolls
>>
>>9964557
Disney had a line of dressable plushes that I think look really cute and I’m guessing would hold up to a 3 year old
>>
>>9964720
Neat: she's able to not damage plush animals so that's an interesting option for introducing dress-up play without risking a random doll I have (once you're an older girl let alone an adult, you lose some sense of the difference between basic and delicate "collector" pieces in the same brand, LOL).
>>
>>9964526
Technically, Ken dolls are considered dolls despite being the same thing as a GI Joe.
>>
>>9964537
I posted something like this a threads back. Monster High came about at the right time, everything about it was on trend at the time, not so much now.
>>
>>9963690
I don't know if you're a guy or a girl but I'm a guy and had a all the collectible 60th anniversary Barbie dolls on display in my dorm room back then. Though I'm a flamboyant fag who only hangs around with girls and gays so they didn't care.
>>
>>9964720
not gonna lie, kinda want kermit.
>>
>>9964779
I’m the Jasmine anon above (not the crazy one tho) and desu I’m tempted to get her and this Miss Piggy, I definitely would if I had kids. I did also see once that some of the Nuimos clothes fits Rainbow High boys so that’s a fun fact
>>
After Blythe talks I decided on her, though I just realized the body definitely looks like the wrong color. I was just really paying attention to hair and face (I rather die than have one of those creepy mouth ones). Still, for $20 I think she’ll be a fun first go at a Blythe and I really fell in love with her hair color.
>>
>>9964626
nah they did look at the cleo doll leak her clothes are on par with the earliest dolls with differents fabrics plus all her accessories painted and the prototype of the main ghouls had a lot of details.

>>9964753
The new reboot if played right can still be successful, they already have a strong fanbase, the new cutesy look fit in with omg and rainbow high plus they're going to be cheaper at $25, they have the added diversity point over them too with the rumored different body types and representation, that and a stronger media content too with a movie and a 20mn episode series, they're not going to do as well as the first gen but they will stick at least three years or something

>>9964643
i still stand by what i said though
>>
>>9964807
does jasmine wear underwear under that?
>>
>>9964819
what's the pullstring for?
>>
>>9964807
Get two Jasmine plushes and customize one to be the red one
>>
>>9964819
Pretend she's just wearing extra light makeup, or customize her to be wearing cute clown makeup or something
>>
>>9964840
changing the eye colour and direction
>>
>>9964819
I don’t think anyone in the Blythe hobby collects, dresses and displays the unmodified fakes much. People buy these to make customs but get a real one if they want to dress and display it.
>>
>>9964872
>>9964857
Yeah I plan on customizing her a bit, definitely swapping out eye chips and giving her a little more makeup.
>>
>>9964807
That Miss Piggy is adorable holy shit
>>
>>9964595
There's a couple on ebay right now around the $200 mark. You're not going to find a better price.
>>
>>9964595
Shut up and save your damn money, you've been saying this for over a year, I could have bought the damn doll twice in this time
>>
>>9964819
Where are these sold for $20 with 2 hand packs?
>>
>>9961084
The water color pencil myth again... People only use those when they have poor control using a brush and acrylic paints. If you fuck up with watercolor pencils, you can still remove your error quickly with water, whereas errors made with acrylic paints can be difficult to remove if you deluded your paints poorly. It all boils down to the skill of the customizer with the medium of the it choice. All of the really good Japanese custom dolls are painted with acrylics.
>>
>>9964994
Blythe Home on AliExpress, they were suggested by ToyBox Philosopher linked above otherwise I wouldn’t so much trust it. Most aren’t quite that cheap but a lot are under $30 or $40. I’d suggest clicking through the listings and seeing what they have before deciding on something, since it’s kind of randomly organized.
>>
>>9965074
You use both. Water color pencils are good because you can apply them lightly and easily layer them plus fix mistakes. They also can blend well and do some whispy lines. Then you use acrylics for bold areas, like eye outlines.
>>
File: leaves_lan_02.jpg (99 KB, 550x826)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>9964283
You can get a nice 1/4 one starting at 159 usd (or less when they're on sale), completely legit (clothes, wigs and face paint will cost you extra).
http://www.acbjd.com/doll-leaves-leaves-42cm-c-257_260.html
>>
>>9965210
honestly I bought the cheapest possible one, a $50 faux bjd from Amazon, and realized I didn’t even like large scale dolls. I don’t think she’s as fun to make clothes and accessories for, or photograph. I actually discovered I like the exact opposite, after getting some Barbie Mini Extras I’m looking into collecting 5”-6” lines, I love them.
>>
ick.. Blythe dolls are creepy as fuck. Pullip dolls are much nicer
>>
>>9965524
No need to pit two bad bitches against each other.
>>
>>9964857
>a bleached poo
>>
File: P-281_4__68924.1645067180.jpg (521 KB, 1457x2048)
521 KB
521 KB JPG
>>9965524
I generally like Pullips more too but they're also like $150. To be honest I think part of the reason I like >>9964819 is because she reminds me a bit of Chocolat from Sugar Sugar Rune who is getting a Pullip I want, but I'm also trying to save some money and don't want to get a $150 collector doll. I have a Sailor V Pullip and she's gorgeous, but I keep her on a shelf. They're different markets, I definitely prefer Pullip for full characters
>>
>joker has alt-right chuds shilling
>morbius gets an “ironic” meme push
>minions gets a TikTok trend about buying tickets en masse
>Barbie gets a tumblr/Instagram/Pinterest/TikTok consoomer teenybopper’s fashion trend themed after the copyrighted shade of pink
Interesting direction to astroturf this new “barbiecore” style in time for the upcoming movie.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg5XcodhAk2/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
>>
>>9965524
>>9965815
sorry for double posting if anyone saw that but these are the cutest dolls i’ve ever seen
the more i think of it and stare at them the more i realize these are straight up my dream dolls
thank you to whichever anon posted these
>>
File: 10701304a.jpg (152 KB, 738x1039)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>9966135
Pullips are really fantastic. I honestly don't know why Blythe is so wildly popular but Pullip seems much less popular, they're so much cuter.
>>
>>9966190
The fact that they’re expensive and somewhat rare is the issue I assume, I don’t see people with custom Pullips nearly as much as Blythe. Though I saw you can get a blank Pullip set for under $50 so I may try building my own some time. I just like the idea of custom dolls

Also looking at Pullips, this is what Lila from Rainbow High should have been.
>>
File: apple.jpg (531 KB, 892x1500)
531 KB
531 KB JPG
i miss ever after high everyday
i have a raven and a maddie that i bought in 2013 from justice (i was 10) and a mira shards that’s still in box.

i want to buy few more but not a full blown collection. i definitely want apple. i feel like i should buy another royal to even it out but there’s none that i care about as much. i wish they released a proper evil queen doll as well.

>>9966190
the goth ones make me think of making a custom Lydia Deetz since i missed my opportunity to buy the monster high beetlejuice dolls.
>>
>>9966248
Cute!
>>
>>9966248
Did you ever watch the show?

I didn’t care so much for the dolls when they were first released, but after watching the show I ended up buying the dolls of the characters I liked.
>>
>>9966281
i’m trying to limit myself to 2 rebels 2 royals because i don’t have a lot of space. i love the show but all the best characters are rebels. the more interesting royals are really just rebel-adjacent (briar, ashlynn, darling)

i’m being too picky i know
>>
>>9966304
>love the show
>not enough space to own all the best characters
That's a shame
>>
File: 1615135223374.png (1.04 MB, 1265x1080)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>9966304
fuck it i’ll just get a briar it makes the most sense

>>9966306
someday when i’m rich
someday…
>>
>>9966248
Recommend either Lizzie or Duchess for royal dolls. Both are gorgeous with a little hairstyling.
>>
>>9966048
Yeah, they are definitely paying for places to pretend "Barbiecore" is a thing. I saw it fake trend on Twitter like twice.
>>
>>9966766
Barbiecore is definitely a thing, but it's more of a bimbo thing, my guess is this is Mattel trying to regain the image and name of Barbie being so related to a fetish
>>
>>9966778
>my guess is this is Mattel trying to regain the image and name of Barbie being so related to a fetish
I... wait... what?
My innocent eyes.
>>
>>9966782
You really never noticed?
>>
>>9964830
>cleo doll leak her clothes are on par with the earliest dolls
Not exactly and even then, MH never had the best fashion quality wise, even Barbie Style were better.

>The new reboot if played right can still be successful
Imagine being this delusional, lmao
>they already have a strong fanbase
Again, mostly childless adult and teens who hate the new reboost, execpt for a few consoomers like you.
>the new cutesy look fit in with omg and rainbow high
No dumb dumb, the new cutesy looks makes them bland and get lost in harsh doll market that has way better clothes and acessories.
>they're going to be cheaper at $25
Wow, like 5$ less, amazing!
> diversity point
Shit doesn't sell, libtard.
>rumored different body types
It's NuBarbie all over again, only Mattel will lose even more money, yay!
>but they will stick at least three years
Too optimistic
>something
More like it. My perdiction is the shit will die faster than the first reboot.

>>9966048
They also got Ryan Gosling to appeal to young adult right wing memers for the Barbie movie.
>>joker has alt-right chuds shilling
It's actually very leftist movie, but National Socilasts retards are left wing too...

>>9966778
>it's more of a bimbo thing, my guess is this is Mattel trying to regain the image and name of Barbie
I don't believe Mattel will make Barbie great again, the day they surrendered and made her fat was the day she died for good.
>>
File: 2010011701_8.jpg (576 KB, 768x1024)
576 KB
576 KB JPG
>>9964526
>If MTM Barbies are fashion dolls then does that make GI Joe/Action Man fashion dolls too?
"Action figure" was just Hasbro's term of art to make sure boys would buy warrior dolls. The two dramatically diverged when they stopped having changeable outfits, 4 inches with their outfit as part of their sculpt cornering the market with Star Wars.
When it comes to clothed figures, especially 12", you can certainly call them fashion dolls if you want to. The nuance in play pattern is that boys rarely like fashion, so the changeable outfits are usually utilitarian stuff like military fatigues, but the line gets fuzzier with an all-female, brushable hair line with guns and tactical outfits like Takara's Cool Girls, or 12" GI Joes in their fancy dress uniforms.
>>
>>9964526
>>9967162
>The nuance in play pattern
This and the level of articualtion, is what differentiate between the two by calling them action dolls. Example Classic She-Ra SDCC/Power con exclusive which have great amount of articualtion and comes with the sword, yet has rooted hair and fabric clothes shall be considered as an action doll. MtM on the other hand while being relatively highly articulated has major issues with the shoulders(can't even do a t-pose) and wrist (can't reach 90 degree bend) articulation, not having swappable hands and almost exclusivily focused on fashion rather than action, which is why I consider it as fashion doll or quite shitty action doll. Obitsus, Action Man, Max Steel and vintage G.I.Joe are prime examples of action dolls.
>>
File: Taranee48.jpg (311 KB, 960x1280)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
Fun reminder that the cartoon W.I.T.C.H. had a few official doll lines
>>
So I bought pic related from a thrift store without her dress or crown. I think she is meant to be 15 inches but mine measures 17 from top of head to bottom of foot. I bought her thinking it would be easy to find clothes for but I am too dumb to do it correctly. Should anything made for a 17 inch doll fit her or is there some like arm length measurement I should be using?

>>9967480
Why would you post something so amazing that I will never be able to obtain??
>>
>>9964178
Whoa never seen these, they're pretty cool actually.

>>9964283
>>9965210
The answer is just a buy a recast, especially since you probably want at least one Minifee or other Fairyland doll which are never cheap. Ignore the crazy bitches frothing at the mouth about recasts. The hobby attracts so many women with untreated BPD.

>>9964557
The unarticulated Barbies with molded on clothes. 3 yr olds are just gonna put it in their mouth half the time anyway.
>>
>>9967567
They also had the other outfits.
Try seeing if the generation Girl outfits would fit on her by measuring her limbs, note it down and bring a tapemeasure/ruler to Walmart and check so you don't have to feel weird about carrying in a doll.
>>
>>9964283
Go legit if you want to get into customizing and post any photos or ask critique etc. Don’t get a recast, but basically any legit doll is fine. resinSoul, Bobobie, Doll Leaves etc.
>>
>>9967624
If this image is accurate the generation girl is too big. I tried some american girl without measuring and they were too big. Merida measures 11 at the shoulder, 9 at the chest, 9-9.5 at the waist, 9.5-10 at the hip. The joints on her legs stick out making the hip wider, her torso is so short it is hard to tell exactly where waist and hip are hence the range..
>>
>>9967624
They're all wearing the same recolored boots kek
>>
>>9967624
There's only one style of boots mass-produced in their world, like Ford with the Model-T.
>>
>>9967699
Maybe Glitter Girls clothes would work. They're made for 14" dolls but the fabric and designs are generally pretty forgiving.
>>
File: 20220428_152017.jpg (1.58 MB, 2322x3000)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
>>9967480
>>9967624
Does anyone know which line had the painted-on stockings? I have a nude Will and Taranee.
>>
>>9967986
A fun scavenger hunt on Google images, a couple have painted stockings like the Diseystore line but Taranee's hair is wrong and Will's mouth, a Will with sparkle hair but the wrong eyes, but I found civilian Taranee with the same eyes in a box! The ebay link (gone now) had Disney Store on it and the photographer mentioned it was the "newer face" so it's probably a later line.
>>
>>9967690
There are plenty of big recast-neutral groups where they can post photos and ask for critique. Plenty of customizers use recasts or are neutral towards them. Also no one has to announce it's a recast either, they can post it wherever they want and no one could tell the difference anyway. Go take your meds BPD-chan.
>>
File: 20220806_225832.jpg (3.7 MB, 4032x2268)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB JPG
>>9967825
I found an old blog post showing that a glitter girl is the same size as something called wellie wishes. I was able to find measurements for the wellie dolls and they are too small by several inches.

I found something claiming a doll line called "bean baby" is the exact size I need but fuck if I can figure out anything about that doll line, it might be something from the 70's as far as I could tell.

I found a chart saying Journey Girls have the hip and waist measurements but it looks like you can only buy dresses or a whole outfit, and the top will be too small so.

This is super frustrating it is like this doll doesn't exist. I can only find a few references to it anywhere, in fact the picture I posted isn't even my doll as it lacks the wrist articulation. But I know she is suppose to have a crown because the thrift store I bought her at got one in about a week later that still had the crown attached.
>>
>>9968017
I've looked off and on to no avail, but thank you for this.
>>
>>9967567
This is from Tolly Tots My First Disney Princess line of dolls so clothes from other dolls made by Tolly Tots might fit?
>>
File: 81E1msvHGHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (185 KB, 1176x1500)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>9968177
Looks like an 18" Fancy Nancy.
>>
>>9968187
It's Merida
>>
>>9968191
>>9968195
My mistake. I mixed her up with the doll in this >>9968052 post.
>>
>>9968177
Tolly Tots is a manufacturer right? I saw that version and she is 13". Also mine clearly says "Jakks Pacific" on the back so unless the companies are related I don't think it is that version.

>>9968187
They do look the same.. and fancy nancy was made by Jakks.. hell maybe it isn't Merida or maybe Jakks just used the same doll and changed the hair style to be cheap?
>>
I don’t have any Qposkets, so I was wondering if anyone can confirm if their neck would fit an ob11 or Nendoroid doll type body. I’m not sure if the neck joint is similar enough or if it would be a pain.
>>
>>9968209
Or they swapped the head of a Tolly Merida on a Nancy body?
>>
>>9968213
I just checked with my Ruroni Kenshin Qposkets and wedding topper Mei for Overwatch nenderoid heads and the peg is double sided but too small for the Qposket hexagonal hole and also much larger, I would actually suggest putting it on a bigger body but placing the head on with silly putty would keep it straight but overall they are huge compared to nenderoids.
Also not a fashion doll. Put it on a fashion doll body and it counts tho.
>>
>>9968215
That seems unlikely since I have seen two of these Merida unless you mean Jakks did the head swap. Of course I could be misremembering and the second one had the Nancy head. I didn't buy it because it was Merida for what that matters, I never saw Brave. I just got done straightening her hair so she looks even less like Merida and more like Nancy. I just want to find some clothes that will fit her lol
>>
>>9965074
You misinterpreted me. There is no secret that you can use acrylics and it's just a matter of preference. Every doll customizer will tell you that. I was talking about that it's hard to find an explaination for why to use watercolor as opposed to wax/oil based pencils. Turns out the oil/wax based pencils stain the plastic,sometomes react with the primer and simply don't work as well as the watercolor pencils.
>>
File: FZkDgsMWIAE5vAw.jpg (442 KB, 2048x1536)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
they're actually cuter than the initial leaks.
>>
>>9968720
These are MUCH better than expected, thank God that original Cleo leak was just a test
>>
>>9968726
Clawdeen looks nice too, glad they left out the stupid glasses
>>
>>9968727
I actually like the robo leg for Frankie, wish the hair was better, overall they're cute, even pink-not!lagoona
>>
>>9968726
>those cankles
Darc is the best one though.
Cloe still look awful and not Egyptian enough.

>>9968727
Not as awful, but not great. She still look more like adeer than a wolf.
Lagonna Pink is bland as hell.

>>9968729
>muh prostethic leg
At least it's articulated this time unlike the Trashionistas.
>>
>>9968720
Dolls are not as bad as I expected, I might pick up Drac and Lagoona. Though, wtf is that box art? It looks awful, like terrible tumblr fanart. Did they not hire a professional illustrator?
>>
>>9968797
I was gonna say that box art is weirdly amateur, it looks like the art they'd have as a place holder for the actual art but no they also put them on the MH display for Spirit Halloween this year
>>
>>9968720
>>9968726
>>9968727
>>9968729

They looks so much better than the prototype and animated series design. Seems like they backpedaled on the "kid friendly" cartoony faces and "woke" differents bodytypes, the body looks like g2 mixied with g1 and the face molds for clawdeen, frankie, lagoona and lala are modified version of the original sculpts.
They also made clawdeen looks more monstery like g2 but only her an deuce so far and lagoona has translucent legs like spectra, cleo still look human tho

Fashion wise they looks like standards designs but at least everything look good not really on par with omg and rh quality wise but definitally on par with g1. They also come with one pieces of clothing and a bunch of accessories sadly i think they cut clawdeen awsome jacket for a simple furr coat.

Overall i think they're good, they are reminiscent of the original while being their own thing, proportion and price wise they beat all of MGA line rn but are sadly missing a fashionable edge since it's cookie cutter monster high fashion.
>>
>>9968727
Not!Lagoona has some funky shiny lower legs going on, wonder what that's about
>>
>>9968871
It’s extremely amateur. As a freelance illustrator I’m very pissed this is their official art someone got paid to make
>>
>>9968894
>"woke" differents bodytypes
No, they clearly have them, I see one for Clawdeen and Frankie and one for Draculara and Cleo.

>fashion wise they looks like standards designs but at least everything look good not really on par with omg and rh quality wise but definitally on par with g1
Yep

>Overall i think they're good
They're not as awful as expected, but still meh. Darculara is great and Farnkie is quite nice.

>proportion and price wise they beat all of MGA line rn
Delusional, they're like 5$ less and the quality is much lower
>>
>>9968777
I dont think she looks bad, her boots are ugly as fuck and I wish her sleeves had mummy wraps hanging off them but she's overall pretty
>>
>>9968925
I hate how fucking round her face is now, she doesn't look Eygptian at all.
Yes those boots are ugly as sin.
>>
>>9968911
It's very odd to look at, honestly it seems like the lineart and coloring was done by separate people, not that the coloring is anything special but it just seems like a clash in skill
>>
>>9968935
I'd hardly call it round, they softened the edges to her face for sure but she's still angular, just not as dramatically so which i could see being a downgrade since she's all about the dramatics
>>
>>9968925
Her design is particularly terrible. I don’t mind any of the others as much as her, it’s just like…a bunch of shit layered
>>
>>9968942
It's almost completly rounded, there's barely any sign for edges.
>downgrade
More like complete character assassination
>>
>>9968943
I think the main dress could definitelybe better, I think it'd be better if the sleeves weren't attached, but the jewelry is quite nice and I think she has a pretty face, boring hair though
>>
>>9968949
>pretty face
More like generic face, even LOL OMG and RH has more character to them.
>>
>>9968948
I honestly think you're being dramatic, just because her face isn't hard edged doesn't make it round, Draculaura is round, Lagoona is round
>>
>>9968955
Eh sure it's a generic pretty, ill take it as long as the eyes don't face two separate ways. Her gen 2 face is still my favorite.
>>
>>9968956
>isn't hard edged doesn't make it round
Yes it does, not having edges is round.
>Draculaura is round, Lagoona is round
They all are, except for Frankie.

>>9968961
>low standards
Oh well
>>
>>9968980
Not having edges isn't automatically round lmao her face is very clearly still a diamond shape
>>
>>9968720
>>9968729
I wish Frankie had dark red instead of light pink
>>
>>9968987
>very clearly still a diamond shape
No, it is not.
It's all smooth! It's closer to heart shape if anything.
>>
>>9968990
I think she is also missing the screws in the neck.
>>
>>9968980
Whatever helps you sleep. I think she’s pretty and I really like her jewelry the most, but I do hope to see a better outfit in the future.
>>
>>9968991
Just because it isn’t sharp enough to cut glass like her G1 face doesn’t make it round, even admitting to it being more heart shaped makes it not round
>>
>>9969002
>she’s pretty
Like I said low standards. There are many pretty dolls, but how many look Egyptian?! Not a lot and clearly not this one despite that's what she suppesed to be. I might as well just get the LOL OMG Fierce, her face is crap too, but at least she has way better fashion and excuse for her face.
>>
>>9969007
Heart shape is round, genius.
>like her G1 face
This g2 Frankie doesn't have as sharp face as g1, but it's not round and it is angular unlike NuCleo.
>>
>>9969019
No, round is round, even oval is round, heart shape isn't round due to the pointed chin
>>
>>9968935
I remember the most complaints from kids were their faces honestly. I love Ghoulia's 2d art but never bought a single doll because I did not like their harsh gross faces.
>>
>>9968720
Mixed feelings on these.
Surprisingly enough, Lagoona Pink is the best in my opinion. She has shoes that are the only ones MH worthy, her legs fading into see-through water is a cool touch. Her fannybag with piranha mouth is nice, and the outfit is g1 levels in terms of being decently detailed, with actually different fabrics. Her face is really pretty, and the hair is lovely as well. Sure, it isn't Lagoona, but as a doll, she is easily the nicest.
>>
>>9969000
The put the bolts on her robot knee
>>
>>9969030
It's still overall round despite on edge and as I said before, it's barely heart shape if anything. Her chin isn't anywhere as pointy.
>>
>>9969037
Sucks, she should've both.
>>
>>9968720
The faces aren't as bad as I thought they were going to be but I'm still not feeling the reboot. Cleo and Frankie are way too busy looking and Clawdeen's outfit looks more like something you'd see on Howleen. If they fit G1, I might pick up Lagoona and Draculaura for the clothes.
I hate everything about the new pets.
Playset looks pretty lame, especially when compared to G1 Coffin Bean.
>>
>>9968720
Surprisingly cute. I might pick up Cleo and Frankie based on these. Maybe Drac.
>>
>>9965157
Totally recommend this, bought from this seller before and they're pretty good!
>>
>>9968949
I think if the main dress was just that blue color (with or without sleeves, though a little jacket would be cuter) it would be way better, the print with the jewelry is too much.
>>
>>9968552
The thing I never realized until I saw a customizer doing it was that watercolor pencil pigment can be pushed around with a wet brush too; basically you can "paint" with them and stays much flatter than acrylics. Obvious in retrospect but no one mentioned it and it just didn't occur to me.

>>9968797
>wtf is that box art? It looks awful, like terrible tumblr fanart
I'm guessing some bigwig's son or nephew got the gig.
>>
I found someone who actually customized a Bo Peep from Toy Story 1 & 2 and Toy Story 4 Bo Peep and actually make them look like they didn't the respective movies.
The absolute anyrism I had when that film came out and ruined her design infuriates me especially when people kept falsely claiming they didn't change much but I'm glad to see someone actually copied original Bo Peep correctly.
>>
One of the upcoming BarbieStyle sets is planned to have a Ken, too bad they cost triple what they should
>>
>both frankie and clawdeen have flat feet

Pass
>>
>>9969467
Yeah, they turned her into another stonk independent womyn...TS should've ended with 2.
I really like OG Bo Peep as little girl, back then and to this very day I love very girly/feminine characters, but the dyke cunts keep taking this away from me.

>>9969468
>BarbieStyle
>too bad they cost triple what they should
This why don't even bother to look at them. Looks is the only decent Barbie line and they're about to fuck it too. Maybe the movie will bring some good changes, but not enough to save Barbie from her new woke fat third wave feminist she became.
>>
>>9969534
It could just be hidden heel feet, the shoes are chunky enough to hide it
>>
So with the power of 3d resin printing, flexible 2 part resin, and rotocasting I could in theory make copies of my favorite barbie heads in whatever color I want and even sell them, but is there an actual market for that? And how fast would Mattel break down my door like the FBI?
Hell I'd even love to try and squish some Monster High/Rainbow High/Hairdorables/LoL OMG big head dolls into more barbie head proportions (because it's my preference) but I'm not sure if anyone else would want that.
>>
>>9969598
>and even sell them
Not so fast dear, unless you live in China or Russia who gives the middle finger to globohomo IP laws.
>but is there an actual market for that?
Depends, if you gonna demand high le artist prices, I don't think many people would be willing to pay.
>>
>>9969619
What if it's an ebay listing for a ready to customize ook barbie doll head as if it's second hand and acetone whiped cuz i see those on ebay popping up. Would it be too rude to have the false advertisement that it's actually recast? Or suspicious that the same listing would pop up so frequently?
>>
>>9969468
Blue is the color of all that I wear.
I have a girlfriend, and she is so blue.
>>
>>9969468
Wow more knee length shorts for Ken, what a surprise
>>
>>9969657
Nayrt; buyers won't care so much that it's recast, as long as you don't start messing around with Integrity or any other independent dolls. Your only concern would be the IP holders.

You should actually do some and customize them yourself to get a feel for the process and how your product works before you jump to selling them. Personally I'd wonder how hair rooting and typical faceup materials would work on those materials, as they aren't common.

Don't sell it like it's just a barbie head ready for custom, if it's made of a completely different material it could end up giving people a lot of trouble.
>>
>>9969881
Thank you for your feedback, your right I need tovproperly test different materials on them. Who knows maybe acetone of MSC melts it and I'd have to warn people ot just sell the finishes art dolls or something.
>>
>>9963092
Monster High did a great job of doing all the weird gimmicks from boy's action figures in the 80s as dolls.

Two heads? Snake body? Horse body? Check.
Glow in the dark? See through with visible guts and brain and or skeleton? Check.
Shiny metal one? Giant one? Scaly skin one? Check.

Shame they tried to reboot away from all of that fun shit and killed the golden goose.
>>
>>9968720
>>9968726
>>9968727
>>9968729

I hope Abbey is an actual amazon while standing next to the other ghouls this time around.
>>
>>9969034
Here's hoping we get a derpy ass ghoulia this time around.

IF we get her. Last reboot removed her and replaced her with a whole different person.
>>
>>9970036
Who was she replaced with?
>>
>>9954935
Very strange question -

Any doll collectors here also into Transformers? My gf dared me to find doll clothes that would fit Metroplex so I can dress him up lmao. Would American Girl clothes fit? Are there "scales" for doll clothing similar to scales for car or train models? Completely new to all this
>>
>>9968720
Meh, I don't really like any of them. If I had to get one it would Frankie but I'm not crazy about the prosthetic leg.. or the fact you can't refer to them as 'her' anymore.

They've aged Clawdeen down, I liked her fierce, edgier style but she just looks like a little kid.

Lagoona looks okay, I like the rainbow hair and translucent legs but can't get used to the pink skin and her hands aren't webbed anymore.. sigh.

Draculaura was my favourite character to collect however why is she at a coffee shop in skimpy lingerie? Hideous ones at that. Don't like her face either, she used to be cute, now she has side glancing bedroom eyes. Pass.

Never cared for Cleo, even back in the day so hard pass.

Frankie looks great, not sure about the leg though.
>>
>>9969986
>Monster High did a great job of doing all the weird gimmicks from boy's action figures in the 80s as dolls.
That's a very good point.
>>
File: djbfsbf.jpg (191 KB, 741x1500)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>9970147
Draculaura's lesbian lover, Moanica
>>
maybe it’s a good thing EAH is dead…
>>
>>9970160
I bet there's no gf, you just have a trap fetish and want to play dress up and jerk it to Miss Metroplexia.

AG clothes are expensive for a one off supposed 'joke' that will be funny for all of two seconds
>>
>>9970205
She's real, promise

>AG clothes are expensive for a one off supposed 'joke' that will be funny for all of two seconds
Yeah that's true, I just know nothing about dolls so the only reference point I have in my head for "large doll" is AG really
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (45 KB, 500x500)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>9970208
hm, there are bunch of cheap knock off AG like dolls you can find in Walmart and dollar store type places. Thrift stores will probably have lots of large dolls.

Disney Store used to do a line of big dolls called Animator dolls, they might fit.
>>
>>9970160
He has very large shoulders, not sure you'll find many things that will fit.
>>
>>9970222
Thanks! Do doll clothes commonly fit to certain measurements or lengths or anything? His waist is pretty thin but his hips are about 13.5 inches

>>9970225
Yeah that's true. Blocky robot proportions and all that. Hilariously, this particular character was dubbed in English with a Scottish accent, so maybe I can just do a kilt lol
>>
>>9968726
Eh? The Cleo in the leak is the exact same doll as the one posted here, except with the miscoloured leg fixed
>>
>>9968209
That's weird. The dress style is definitely Tolly Tots and those ones are 16-17in. I don't think I've seen full size Jakks princess toddler dolls, just mini ones? And those ones have different dress styles too.

>>9968729
Ugh I actually really like this design but don't want to support tranny Frankie's existence by spending my money on it. Conflicted.
>>
>>9970236
Not really, for the most part dolls bodies are unique to that line so clothes can't be swapped between different lines eg Barbie clothes don't fit Rainbow High dolls even though they are both 12" dolls. So you have to buy fashion packs for that particular doll. All about $$$.
>>
>>9970262
Ripppp ty. Fun to fall down a new (expensive) rabbit hole weeeeee
>>
>>9970262
kek even Barbie clothes don't fit all Barbie dolls
>>
File: x75px0qtwn591.jpg (229 KB, 1294x1656)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>9970243
No, they're different
>>
>>9970429
>>9970429
New thread
>>
File: FX5xyFbX0AIQNFO.jpg (288 KB, 1632x2048)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
>>9968720
DAYUM! Just look at those thick thighs on both the doll & illustration of Draculaura. She's THICC.
>>
>>9970417
It's exactly the same..
>>
>>9970598
nope, completely different head, golden eyes and darker skin
>>
>>9970632
Also the jewelry is more refined
>>
>>9970417
>>9970632
>>9970635
are you dumb the prototype clearly got thru some quality enhancer/ photo enlarger app, that the same doll
>>
File: 1649496174602.jpg (493 KB, 1079x1085)
493 KB
493 KB JPG
>>9970202
Honestly yeah who knows what horror the EAH Fandom would go through considering the MH reboots
>>
>>9971019
It literally isn’t, one actually has a chin

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.