[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 61 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

old >>9843362
>>
>>9861306
>Now even the box is getting DLC
I do have some (not all) boxes that I've kept, but they're all in moving boxes in my outdoor storage.
>>
>>9861328
Why even save it the boxes then anon? They're going to get moldy and mildew in an outside storage or shed.
>>
>>9861730
Because of latent hoarder mentalities in my brain.
>>
File: file.png (772 KB, 600x800)
772 KB
772 KB PNG
>Hello All,

>In order to prevent any damages of the shoulder joint being damage during transit, this time the figure is packed with foam, and the shoulder armor is detached from the body.
>This will protect the shoulder joint during transit.
>Also the shoulder joint are new and enforced.
>>
>>9861861
They aren't already using foam? It's cheaper for smaller runs.
>>
>>9861858
At least put them in a closet or something. Storing things in an outdoor enclosure is just leaving them to rot. Either chuck it all, or keep it in your house in a controlled temperature zone (ie: not your basement or your attic).
>>
>>9861863
Initial release was plastic clamshell, in robot mode.

>>9861882
I have neither basement nor attic, nor much closet to speak of. That's why they are where they are.
>>
Took a gamble on the Thunder Manus KOs. Wish me luck.
>>
>>9861891
I thought the screw was too tight and the plastic quality was the problem so it exploded when you turned it
>>
What store is my best option to get arcee mp ko if Im not in the us?
>>
>>9862323
ShowZ or TFdirect maybe. Those usually come up to mind first because of Ben's KO channel always shilling them.
>>
>>9862261
I'm not certain about the screw, though the material for the joint seems plausible (since they reference strengthening it). Regardless, what ended up happening was the clam shell didn't play nice with transportation, and thus the arm (in most cases his right) would be broken right out of the package. The first step they took to addressing this with the original color was switching over to styrofoam.

I got personally got lucky with my first release and he's still held up after a handful of transformations.
>>
>>9862380
Mine has an incredibly tight and loud joint and I haven't disassembled it yet to see if the screw is the problem, it was in the plastic shell when I got it. I was thinking of contacting the people I bought it from to ask for the replacement part just in case
>>
>>9862412
That could be a good solution, but I know there's generally a tendency to show breakage before someone takes a replacement request.
>>
>>9862418
Yeah, part of me doesn't want to bother them just because there's an order to asking for these things, but the other part of me is annoyed because I already spent $200 on something I'm nervous about moving too much. But that's the hobby isnt it
>>
>>9862533
Reflecting, I think I left my answer as only half complete, in that I don't think that there's anything inherently wrong with asking, especially if it's in regards to a figure such as this with a well documented flaw.

Of course that does leave you with the "issue" of requesting a right and a left as a precaution.
>>
>>9861306
Will Tyrantron be reissued again? Just found out about him and mastermind creations as a whole. Looking to get their nemesis prime soon because of how articulated he is.
>>
>>9862380
>>9862261
Isn't the branch for the arm pretty thin? I didn't like how it looked, so I'm tempted to get G2 Grimlock since it's "new and enforced"
...Though I also kind of don't care for G2 colours, and I like the MTMTE design more and supposedly they're considering retooling him?
Don't know what I want.
>>
>>9862836
I would just wait
>>
When will we get a Third Party Botanica anything, she needs SOMETHING to exist for her even though she is about as much of an engineering nightmare as AOE Galvatron (which still got a great transforming toy even though he literally just cheated in the film)
>>
>>9862860
Never, it's Beast Machines. Not even Bayfags with their vehemently shit taste like anything about Beast Machines. Shit, the series even SOUNDS like a turd, because it's abbreviation is BM for fucks sake. It's probably the only bit of Transformers I'd call more poorly written than Bayshit, and the whole thing is a stain on Beast Wars legacy.
>>
>>9862850
Yeah, I've already got a handful of figures I need to still buy for this year anyway.
>>9862860
Expecting BM anything that can't be from a retool will pretty much end with disappointment
>>
>>9862927
It’s weird how one of the first third party figures was a Beast Machines knockoff from 2007 or something that was Uber show accurate primal
>>
File: dd87a644b4.jpg (73 KB, 850x1063)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
How is xtransbots in terms of quality? Will this be any good?
>>
>>9863032
Seems to be a useless question to ask around here because every time it gets asked, responses are a 50/50 split of either they're shit and still have an the problems of KFC or they've turned it around from the days of KFC and are a lot better.
>>
>>9863032
Wildly inconsistent.
They might fuck this one up, but maybe they'll get the toy deco right.
>>
>>9863032
don't preorder

xtb is good most of the time but they release QC fuck ups every so often. Galvatron might be good but don't be surprised if the first run has issues or something.
>>
>>9863032
Any 3P that has had as many inexcusable fuck ups as XTB does not deserve anyone's money. It boggles my mind that people still support that company.
>>
>>9864030
it's either XTB or FT now
>>
>>9863032
Shit. Even when they make a "good" figure, there are issues with it. Never buy anything from XTB or KFC and don't believe but the "they really stepped up" shills. They've been saying this for 10 years.
>>
>>9864091
How about neither? Both make pretty shitty product.
>>
>>9862930
> from 2007 or something that was Uber show accurate primal

2000-01, contemporary with the show.
>>
>>9864277
FT isn't entirely shitty, though they do still make questionable decisions. For example, their Seaspray looks great and is well sculpted but is a culmination of all of their bad habits like slathering paint where plastic color would have been best or using metal ratcheting joints, but then Skullcruncher on the other hand is very solid and doesn't seem to have those issues.
>>
>>9864375
>slathering paint where plastic color would have been best
But if they don't then faggots whine "bare plastic makes it look like a TOY! I don't want people to know I buy TOYS. I want my friends to think I spend a thousand dollars per item so they can be impressed!"

Die cast should only be used for joints & chromed parts. Using them for chests, arms, etc is gimmicky & adds nothing but more paint chipping. See how pointlessly Hasbro's Titanium line used it.
>>
>>9864107
Their Blaster is good, but get the 2nd run in red plastic. First flakes paint everywhere even fi the "I don't want my toy to look like a toy, paint every square millimeter" Neca-type collectors bitch about bare plastic. Just be warned that the tape side paints may rub off from Rewind & Eject but Toyhax has stickers. Ramhorn is weird. Their Steeljaw is okay. Don't count on finding the scorpion tape anywhere now even though it's fairly good.

Apollyon ruins a good toy with shitty legs & the die cast rods for the arm structure are easy to bend. Shame it' sthe only one with a flipping cannon mount for correct top mounting & the "I need muh Sunbow accuracy" side faggots(even though most promo art & half the scenes from the show have it on the top but the "muh elbow" crowd don't care).
>>
>>9864404
>But if they don't then faggots whine "bare plastic makes it look like a TOY!
Fuck those people

>Die cast should only be used for joints
Absolutely fucking not. Die cast joints are prone to breaking and ar impossible to tighten since they will grind themselves down if it is die cast on die cast. These problems are especially bad when it comes to ratcheted die cast joints.
>chromed parts.
Uneccessary since the chrome has nothing to doe with die cast. It's a type of vac metal paint and can be applied to plastics all the same as it can be to die cast.
The REAl only time die cast should ever be used is to redistribute weight and help with stability. Die cast feet can go a long way in helping characters with large backbacks stay stable in poses beyond a slightly forward leaning A-stance. Even then, it would be great if these companies could use a better metal that doesn't have an extremely brittle crystalline structure but die cast is cheaper than plastic so of course they never will.
>>
File: New-Age-Toys-Logo.jpg (24 KB, 750x750)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
Give me your opinions on this company.
>>
>>9864404
I think it's fair to complain about the bare plastic looking cheap if it's on a pricey figure. You want it to look like a toy that's worth the cost, not a cheap bootleg. Saying this especially since some of the fags who buy DB Figuarts will actually defend Bandai being cheap and not adding a matte coat like they used to.

Figures like Carnifex's blue plastic looks so fucking good and premium in-hand, but I have many figures (not 3pg related) that look bad because of the bare plastic and no paint/coat
>>
>>9864502
Good design, shit prices, shit business practices. They could be the best in the business if they stopped overpricing the fuck out of some figures for no reason and stopped doing shit like adding random die cast to fucking LEGENDS figures and selling figures with missing/knowingly shitty parts in an effort to screw the customer harder.
>>
>>9864524
>selling figures with missing/knowingly shitty parts in an effort to screw the customer harder.
I don't know about missing parts since I have yet to see a single release where they let something out the door with missing parts. As far as the shitty parts comment goes, I genuinely don't think it's out of intention or malice towards the customer. Rather, it's a flaw of their design and production flow where they, for some fucking idiotic reason, don't reveal figures until they hit production and they have a production sample. Think about every other company and their reveals. They reveal shit with renders and/or test shots first, before the figure is complete and ready to hit full swing production. NA waits until they have the molds made and everything finalized before showing something new and at that point, it's too late to change anything. The molds are made and the factory is already pumping out finished pieces. Nothing about that is done with the intent to fuck the customers over and force them to buy replacement parts or new figures that come with them, it's just flat out poor planning. NA loses money when this shit happens too because in order to make the replacement pieces, they now have to make new molds and use more materials and dedicate workforce to assembly any painting. Selling the replacement parts or packing them in with other figures isn't to make more money, it's to lose less. All of this could stop if they just slowed their fucking roll a bit and were more transparent about new projects. Show us the figures before they have a finished project. Give us test shots and renders first so they can get feedback and make those adjustments right away instead of waiting until they have all of the molds tooled and it's all effectively in an unchangeable state.

tldr: NA isn't being greedy or malicious, they're just being stupid.
>>
>>9864637
>Rather, it's a flaw of their design and production flow where they, for some fucking idiotic reason, don't reveal figures until they hit production and they have a production sample.
It might have to do with them applying for design patents at the Chinese IP agency. It takes time for patents to get approved and you'll need to restart the process if you change the design, so it seems like they'll rather shit out a substandard design first then patch it later.
>>
>>9864704
Why are they so scared of KOs exactly? They have such a foot in the door for legends and the fact that almost everyone legends KO oversizes means that they are just worrying about people who were never going to buy their shit in the first place.
>>
>>9864704
That makes some sense but still not entirely. Like if they are afraid of KO's, even OSKOs which don't technically matter, it's not like these KO companies are reverse engineering them from an image of a render. Nobody, not even the most autistic chink on earth, is that spatially aware to pull that off. They KO them by getting actual pieces in hand and working from there. They have literally nothing to fear from showing off renders BEFORE they patent them because it's not feasible to copy. Not to mention, not that many 3p companies actually do get KO'd. It happens for sure but it's a drop in the bucket of what's out there. IMO, considering how the Devy debacle went down, it seems more likely they're doing this out of fear that MS might pump out the same character after seeing that they're working on it, but that's a pretty stupid concern to have because character wars happen all the fucking time and the only companies that actually lose are the ones that straight up put out a shit product that nobody wants.
>>
>>9864715
>>9864737
If they have a grudge against KOs it's probably from their days back at DX9 when their stuff were KOed right out of the oven.

Anyway, NA used those patents to strongarm JinBao into abandoning their OSKOs (including DX9 Dutch). However, that didn't stop some no-name maker to come up with another version of seeker OSKOs this year, so you'd wonder if the patents were worth it. Design Patents are a really weak form of IP protection after all so most companies don't even bother with it.

Maybe they'll learn to live with the KOs like Magic Square and their old UT colleagues.
>>
>>9864502
I like that they always do like a billion fucking repaints of everything
>>
>>9864637
>I don't know about missing parts since I have yet to see a single release where they let something out the door with missing parts
See: Megatron (missing his proper legs), the Constructacons (ditto), Grimlock (third times the charm), etc.
>>
>>9864637
>tldr: NA isn't being greedy or malicious
Thats why they're selling you the other half of Grimlock's feet with the next Dinobot to come out, right? Because they're magnanimous and totally upstanding.
>>
>>9864836
It's not great but let's be real here. They aren't the first company to do this and who the fuck is going to just buy one dinobot and not the rest? Like I said, they're trying to lose less money with this, not gouge more. It's not malicious intent, it's the result of poor planning. Like I said, those replacement parts cost a lot to develop and produce, even if they aren't that complex. Mold creation is expensive as fuck and it would be cheaper for them in the long run to get it right the first time instead of pumping out the base figure and then having to make new parts for it later.
>>
>>9864836
It's a parts-forming panel, right?
If so, imagine being so fucking lazy that you can get away not engineering an intergrated-transforming leg panel and getting patted on the back for "listening to the fans". Common sense would tell them people wouldn't like that shit, so they then used it as a PR stunt.
>>
>>9864851
>just CONSUME THE PRODUCT
No thanks, I'll just wait for MS or another studio to do it properly.
>>
>>9864851
>and who the fuck is going to just buy one dinobot and not the rest?
Most people only really like Grimlock. The others are barely characters. Hell, Snarl to this day basically has 0 characterization. The movie pretty much forgot he even existed.
>>
>>9864857
I didn't say that at all but ok. All I'm saying is that this isn't because greed, it's because stupidity. Neither is good and they deserve to be shit on for it. The difference is that one is criticism with a chance for improvement and the other is unsalvageable.
>>
>>9864863
Who cares what their motive is? At the end of the day, all that matters is what we, the customers, have to deal with. And if they're demanding we buy a whole separate dinobot just to get the fix for Grimlocks legs, then they can go get fucked. I don't care if it's because they're greedy, or if it's because they're stupid, if this is what they practice, they're a shithead of a company.
>>
>>9864781
Yet they still haven't made a regular Goldbug 2.0.
I don't like the shattered glass stuff, so I'm never buying that little shit. Like, I know you want to do it newage so just do it already!
>>
>>9865039
They can't figure out a way to not include the correct head and make you buy another figure for it, so they're not doing it.
>>
>>9864851
>They aren't the first company to do this
And they shouldn't be another company doing that shit. They should be setting a standard at all times, not giving into mediocrity.
>>
>>9865039
They did kind of go light on the minibot decos. I really wanted them to do a cliffjumper deco with painted bumpers, those unpainted bumpers on the toon version drive me nuts.
>>
They'll KO the body before FT completes it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (103 KB, 1280x720)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCVauHDIPPc
Yup they are calling him Ryu.
>>
>>9866040
Cool. Got a link to the thread?
>>
>>9866040
Wait, they are already making a ko of the head? Who? I want one for cheap
>>
>>9866054
>>9858909
>>
>>9866046
Damn, I wish MS would give us MP versions of these two.
>>
>>9866057
you should never pay cheap for head, anon.
>>
>>9866040
Oh nvm. That's someone goofing around
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7893161310
Actual thing is an upcoming legends-scale Fortress.
>>
>>9862822
From someone who owns Tyrantron, I honestly can't recommend him. He looks nice, but as a figure MMC really phoned it in while designing him. His overall arm articulation is pitiful, his alt mode is a whole lot of nothing, he doesn't scale well with ANY other figure, his paint scuffs way too easily (especially his nose and the pegholes for the cannon) and his kibble is pretty clumsy.
>>
>>9866040
I mean isn't the official about as big as you'd want it to be?
>>
Anybody else kind of sad with the current state of Third Party?

I'm not trying to doomspeak here, but I find myself thinking back fondly on the days when we got designs beyond super-G1 accurate, where we could get IDW designs or G1-adjacent stuff. Everything just being a race to be the most G1 accurate just feels boring.
>>
>>9866400
I dunno, the G1-adjacent scene looks similar to me. You have IF's weeb legends, MMC and PX still doing the IDWs, and the Jiyi Co stuff under TFC/CANG/DST/etc. If there's anything that died it's the Japanese-designed stuff under FPJ/MT and I think PE?
>>
File: 2020-01-10 Megatronus 01.jpg (371 KB, 1600x1600)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
>>9866275
>Actual thing is an upcoming legends-scale Fortress.
So something that isn't the size of a midget? Might be interested.
>>9866388
Personally I'd still recommend Tyrantron provided you don't care about the wrong altmode and that it's a rather "just okay" figure, but I definitely would not pay the current aftermarket prices for him.

Tyrantron is better as a Megatron Origins figure than IDW Megatron, since you can excuse the smaller height and the younger face. As IDW Megatron he's too short and young looking.
>>
File: angery.jpg (54 KB, 887x1920)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>9866400
Along with what >>9866424 is saying, we are also getting BW Transmetals from Transart and FH currently working on Armada (can't remember if they're planning anything Energon outside of Optimus).
>>
>>9866400
3p follows what official is doing and official killed off CHUG to homogenize everything into G1 designs. I can't say I mind THAT much because it's nice to finally have good figures of the G1 designs but I do get what you're saying because the IDW inspired designs often did look quite good. To add to it though, IDW also finished the run those inspirations were coming from and it turned to shit near the end anyway so people were less inclined to care about anything from it or inspired by it.

Also, I grabbed that Blurr for like $35 or so from BBTS several years back and it was a pretty neat figure. I do see why it went on super sale though because the transformation is pretty jank.
>>
>>9866430
>Tyrantron is better as a Megatron Origins figure than IDW Megatron, since you can excuse the smaller height and the younger face.

Its really the entire reason I got him; I don't really care about IDW after all hail Megatron but I liked the early stuff and there's no other real young Megatron option like there is Orion Pax.
>>
>>9866400
I just wish it wasn't all fucking Legends or MP scale. Too big or two small for me. The Classics-POTP scale was perfect to me in terms of shelf pretense and playability. Even modern WFC generations/Legacy jsut feel too small for me. I've been collecting since BW so I've gotten so used to a base range of sizes for figures.
>>
>>9866462
Even as a concept, Megatronus (baby Megatron miner) makes a cool toy.
I just wish they included something for the legs that are still quite obviously from MTMTE, would've been more inclined to buy Ravage in that case.
>>9866482
The market has spoken unfortunately, and CHUG doesn't really sell that great. Not surprising since many collectors wanted to expand on their MP collection since Takara wasn't doing a good enough job
>>
>>9866400
Nah, I've been an Iron Factory Chad since I got into this, and I've never really had a problem. NA and MS cover my only other needs, so I'm great overall on this front.
>>
>>9866430
If you just wanted a megs with a good robot mode is the Flametoys model kit better?
>>
>>9867016
a hell of a lot better.
>>
>>9867016
The model kit's height is even more pitiful I'm pretty sure, but it does look good. That's an option if you don't plan on displaying him with anyone else, or other model kits
>>
>magic square is building their own site
Neat.
>>
>>9867516
more info?
>>
>>9867608
https://magicsquaretoys.com/
Found it on Optimus Legends video review of Ratchet.
Website doesn't seem finished since the last time I checked, I couldn't make an account.
>>
>>9867614
Well that's neat. I wonder what they're gonna do to incentivize buying directly from them rather than the usual retailers? Reduced prices? Exclusive accessories? I look forward to seeing what comes of this, if anything.
>>
Hi, /3pg/. What is your favorite Cliffjumper toy? Looking for a neat little Cliffjumper to add to my display case.
>>
>>9867732
Cliffjumper? No such names are used by any 3PG company anon, you gotta be specific.
>>
>>9867732
Ignore sperg. There's a bunch of 3P cliffjumpers around. I'd say maybe the nicest looking one right now is XTB's, but it has a deceptively huge backpack that kind of turns me off it. My favourite personally is MMC's Cliffjumper because they gave so much attention to the car mode, but aesthetically it's a bit hokey in robot mode.

The best cliffjumper to get honestly is probably going to end up being Fanstoy's, but that's a ways off from releasing and it's probably going to be way overpriced.
>>
nothing new on Bingo Toys WindGirls? less than a week left for thet June release...
>>
>>9867646
Sounds like a bad idea to me. Any time a maker has their own site it's never price breaks or anything sensible, just shit like "Buy from us or your figure will be missing parts because fuck you!" like GSM.
>>
>>9867732
New Age's.
>>
is cang toys doing okay sales wise? i want them to finish with predaking because i'm more excited about volcanicus
>>
>>9867740
That joke wasn't funny the first time and it hasn't been funny any of the other hundreds of times you've told it.
>>
>>9867905
Shipping is always nuts too. I've ordered directly from FansHobby before and it came out to just barely under standard retail after shipping, and that was WITH FH running a hefty sale on what I was ordering. I would love to support these companies more directly through their own sites but there's genuinely little to gain for it.
>>
>>9867936
They better be, I want the entire Firmini line, the bastards.
>>
>>9867936
They've done two runs of the first three, with Razorclaw + Foot 1 due for August. Thighrilla has also been shown off in prototyping stage, so personally I think that they're doing fine, just taking it at pace.

>>9869183
I get what you're saying (and I agree to it), but I'll be pedantic to say they'll have other names. Firmini was a clever way of indicating a legends sized Firmament.
>>
Anyone have this guy? I don't want to spend 300 on a G2 bruticus.
>>
File: 20220625_130206.jpg (1.76 MB, 1600x2194)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
>>
File: 20220625_173147.jpg (1.54 MB, 1400x2104)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
>>
File: 20220625_141326.jpg (1013 KB, 1600x1172)
1013 KB
1013 KB JPG
>>
File: 20220625_200905.jpg (974 KB, 1566x1078)
974 KB
974 KB JPG
>>
File: 20220625_203532.jpg (1.19 MB, 1600x1200)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
space chickens
>>
File: 1234897293847.gif (203 KB, 500x261)
203 KB
203 KB GIF
>>9869820
>>9869822
>>9869828
>>9869831
>>9869833
He's just so handsome.
>>
File: 1646758944444.png (108 KB, 564x542)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>have G1 d-zef on preorder
>pics of IDW d-zef making me want to double dip
>>
File: do-it.gif (112 KB, 220x210)
112 KB
112 KB GIF
>>9869981
>>
File: 1478456213368.png (417 KB, 604x326)
417 KB
417 KB PNG
>>9869981
Silly anon, you know what the correct answer is.
>>
File: 1647157684717.jpg (40 KB, 443x320)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>9870028
>people still using my edits
Feels good, man.
>>
File: 159901.png (225 KB, 500x475)
225 KB
225 KB PNG
>>9870032
Huh, cool to know one of the edit anons is still around, thank you for your work dude.
>>
>>9869981
Just wait for the one you actually want.
>>
Meanwhile, Planet X still didn't fix the shoulder issue & changed the paint job.
>>
>>9870524
Well they said they fixed it. So itll be interesting to see if its still a widespread issue, or if its just that one guy who has hamhands.
>>
>>9869583
I got him a couple of years ago from I think Show Z and am happy with it.
>>
https://weibo.com/6476829781/LzyqeE27p
Some clean stock pics of the NewLegs including the combined form. They will be dispatched to Chinese sellers from the 30th.
>>
File: 20220627_010540.jpg (290 KB, 1778x1000)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
Went to dust my display (glorified storage) today and found that the diecast parts on TFC-STC have oxidized. Luckily I bought the green set so the "weathering" doesn't look too off. The problem is that the level of oxidization varies between the parts so I'm not sure if I should restore the finish or let it be.
>>
>>9870524
Looks like a space marine. If this isn't a widespread issue I might pick this up.
>>
>>9870756
Why did you decide to use the one image of the batch that would showcase any of the changes the least?
>>
>>9870894
>Dominator/Megatron's metal penis might oxidize one day
:(
>>
File: 20220627_023857.jpg (163 KB, 1778x1000)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
The oxide doesn't seem too thick and can be buffed off with a damp cotton bud, so I guess I'm restoring the shine. Not sure how to do that with the gunmetal painted parts yet.

>>9871018
You have pledge, water-based acrylic paint or whatever you use to tighten ball joints? Just spread a coat or two and it should be enough to prevent it.

>>9871002
He's the natural spokesperson for NewLegs as one of the OG legformers.
>>
>>9870894
>diecast/a-stance autist was right all along
I kneel, autism-kun.
>>
So apparently the designer working with Vectron Lab had some sort of dispute with them and left. Now their gonna have to start over from scratch. Source the VL thread on TFW.
>>
>>9871306
Haven't been keeping up with them, did they show any sign of Chinese involvement yet? It's hard to make shit without a guy physically there.
>>
File: uj55F00H1tw.png (436 KB, 962x745)
436 KB
436 KB PNG
>>9871055
I'll be sure to rub polish on Megatron's penis whenever I stop being lazy and fix the floppy Monsterarts collection.
How long have you had the figure? Wonder if I can expect similar problems on other Jiyi figures, but I'm hoping it's just a bad batch used for that specific figure since it's the first I'm hearing.
>>9870989
According to TFW, it was extremely tight and the guy hamhanded it while transforming it. Bad QC caused the breakage but for a different reason.
>>
File: 20220627_045523.jpg (241 KB, 1778x1000)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>9871338
You need to paint it over, not polish it. I bought it in 2019 according to my old pics. It happens when the paint has bad coverage, and since these silver parts are clear-paint-over-bare-diecast, you can't really tell how well they are coated.

With colored paint it's less of an issue. Out of the four removable turrets here only one has some visible oxidation.

>just a bad batch
This isn't a batch-issue but a random, "factory-worker having a bad day" issue.
>>
>>9871306
They should just quit, no way they can compete with XTB.
>>
File: Illustration2.png (2.46 MB, 1748x2835)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB PNG
>>9870756
>>9871002
Here's a convenient comparison for anyone curious. New on the left, old on the right, obviously.

It's an improvement for sure, but certainly not a big enough one to salvage the whole set.
>>
File: file.png (1.06 MB, 2000x2000)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>9871471
At least I got to have another round of laughs at newage's vane attempts at trying to put Hook in a dynamic pose when he cant even move his head or waist. Look at him go, that little brick!
>>
>>9871384
>You have pledge, water-based acrylic paint or whatever you use to tighten ball joints? Just spread a coat or two and it should be enough to prevent it.
I'm missing something here. Are you implying that you use paint to tighten ball joints?
>>
>>9871481
Did you not know that the joint-tightening blend of pledge works because it is pretty much thinned acrylic paint? If your region does not stock pledge or that particular formula, water-based modelling acrylics are the next best option just that you have thin them yourself.
>>
>>9871479

>Head still doesn't move with a 'fix' pack

lol
lmao even
>>
>>9870690
Can you tell me more about it?
>>
>>9871471
How is magic squares offering?
>>
>>9871517
>because it is pretty much thinned acrylic paint
No, because floor polish literally does not contain any pigment. This is why it's used as an ingredient for creating washes or as a gloss coat.

Pigment is what makes a paint a paint, not just a coat or varnish.
>>
>>9871479
Is this Hook contender for the worst NA toy?
>>
>>9871384
>You have pledge, water-based acrylic paint or whatever you use to tighten ball joints?
>>9871384
>You need to paint it over, not polish it.

You are contradicting yourself here, but I'm just gonna ignore that and rub Megatron's penis (and whatever else is die-cast) with floor polish anyway.
>>
>>9871651
The individual cons are fantastic. Some of the transformations may be more busy than they should be (long haul). Devestator is also solid so long as you tab everything in.
>>
>>9871719
I'm looking/waiting at it because I could have sworn there is another version coming with the Ox style thigh bits. Those chunky silver/gray ones.
>>
>>9871739
Are you talking about the ones that turn into cubes?
>>
File: p2ynbogsibd81.jpg (189 KB, 1440x1039)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>9861306
My Deformation Space seekers came in and man they're cool as hell, and the price was great. Am a bit pissed that this is my 3rd set of MP Seekers in 5 years but I think I can't top these.
>>
>>9871682
You're being pedantic. And if you want to be accurate then paint is pigment&binder&vehicle.

>>9871712
I'm not. The "floor polish" you have is really a paint or coating as the other anal-poster insists on calling it, and you do not rub on coatings. You may even end up rubbing the existing clear coating off.
>>
File: bruh.gif (596 KB, 220x221)
596 KB
596 KB GIF
>>9871782
I'm using words like "rub" as a euphemism for jacking off. It's a joke yeah? Because I'm applying the floor polish on the phallic cannon located intentionally on the robot's pelvis to indicate male genitalia? Yeah??
>>
>>9871799
That's an euphemism better saved for lube. We're talking protection here, you slap it on and pray there's no leak. Even a small hole will lead to diecast-herpes.
>>
>>9871808
>That's an euphemism better saved for lube.
Lube, acrylic floor polish, it's all water-based in the end! And Pledge® Floor Gloss will leave a better and long-lasting smell too!
>>
File: file.png (1.55 MB, 1365x2048)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
>>9871739
>I could have sworn there is another version coming with the Ox style thigh bits
Are you talking about Pic related? Because of so, they just come included with the pants as interchangeable parts.

>>9871651
Better in almost every regard. Almost. Na wins out on color and finish, and MS sold their gold trumpets as a separate purchase that I don't think you can get any more, but other than that, MS devastator blows NAs out of the water.
>>
>>9871883
>and MS sold their gold trumpets as a separate purchase
They were essentially free on Showz.
You can still get them for free if you order arm bots on Showz still.
>>
File: file.png (369 KB, 2202x712)
369 KB
369 KB PNG
>>9871890
Arm bots aren't in stock, so you gotta pay all $12 for the trumpets, instead of getting the $9 knocked off with the combo discount. Why they weren't just included with the arm or leg bots, I'll have no idea. Maybe they got NAs PR guy to handle that decision for them :^)
>>
>>9871883
I wish that would get a deeper colors release.
The released version just looks eh.
>>
>>9871967
I wouldn't hold your breath. MS really don't do a whole lot of recolors, with Prime being the only recent exception that comes to mind.
>>
File: 20220626_005916.jpg (2.45 MB, 4032x3024)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB JPG
his transformation is overestimated. all the reviews bitching about tolerances
>>
Small batch, after the dinosaur.
https://weibo.com/3468043824/LzEuKzGE8
>>
but why
>>
>>9872452
>comes with the enemy scrotum
Excellent
>>
File: 1543465465557.png (28 KB, 960x766)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>9871602
Pretty solid overall, got it for like 150$ I think.
>>
>>9872452
Wow, not even putting it in cohesive colors can make that piece of shit look good. Fucking christ it's a busy mass of garbage.
>>
>>9872732
The design actually looks better with the mishmash of different colors compared to the G1 imo.

G1 colors make everything kind of just blend together in a mass of nothing, but at least with the movie coloration you can tell limbs apart from each other.
>>
Slick
>>
File: 20220629_013408.jpg (188 KB, 1000x1778)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
IF Lockdown is so spiky, mine came with an extra blood stain
>>
File: bonaculars2.png (100 KB, 462x328)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
>get an instock notice for MS op 2.0 from TCP
I almost forgot I had him preordred its been so long.
>>
File: b47bfb603a.jpg (433 KB, 750x954)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
Dose Haul is tempting.
>>
File: file.png (289 KB, 1228x502)
289 KB
289 KB PNG
>>9875654
>Your Price: $119.99
Jesus christ Anon, I seriously hope you didn't pay that much. Bombusbee and ShowZ have spent the last several weeks undercutting eachother on various figures, one of which is MS Prime 2. He's down to $70 on BBB and $85 on ShowZ. You'd have to be mad, or very fucking loyal to TCP (lmao loyalty to a store) to pay $120 for him.
>>
>>9875695
Oh no, used points and knocked $25 off.
>>
>>9875695
Anon we can't save TPC shills. All we can do is not mention these Asian sellers or else they'll get business and jack-up prices.
>>
File: 20220629_042509.jpg (189 KB, 1778x1000)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>
aaaaaaaa
>>
>>9876925
It won't stop Leo from being a mess, but on his own he's solid.
>>
>>9876925
Too expensive.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tqwGRm5ItCo
>>
>>9877211
Anyone figured out what size this’ll be compared to the MMC Impactor mold?
>>
>>9877221
>>
>>9877226
Apparently:
>Product information:
>Material: abs, pom, diecast
>Size: The total height of the product is 25cm, and the top of the character's head is 22cm
Somebody with MMC’s Impactor do the math.
>>
>>9877240
>>
>>9877333
>>9877221
>if I had a nickel for every time a 3P company made a transformer with a Metal Slug based tank-mode, I'd have three nickels - which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it’s happened thee times.
>>
https://m.weibo.cn/status/4785847520203789

Newage seems to be teasing an Arcee figure…
>>
>>9877340
Are they trying to cuck MFT since they've been failing to cuck MS?
>>
>>9876925
I have the Tarn KO and yeah, there's no way these things can be justified for more than 25,000 yen.
Is anyone looking forward to the Optimus Prime KKKKO? I want to like him since I know he'll be an amazing figure too but I hate his birthing hips
>>
File: 51656796_p3_master1200.jpg (681 KB, 872x1200)
681 KB
681 KB JPG
>>9877340
Anyone wanna take bets now on how they'll fuck her up? Heavy oversized backpack that makes her impossible to balance? Needlessly over-complicated engineering that completely ruins the aesthetics of the figure? Something with the legs that requires them to send out/sell replacements 10 months later? Borked articulation that makes her a chore to pose? So many possibilities, I'm positively bubbling with excitement.
>>
>>9877700
Im betting the legs will be pure diecast in an attempt to make her more stable but that they will be incredibly floppy as a result
>>
File: FWUKDaYXwAAo8l0.jpg (95 KB, 1756x1864)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>9877700
The majority of her transformation will be her backpack while the main body is like four or five folds. Somehow this figure will have articulation that is subpar despite the transformation.
The backpack also comes off for a cleaner look despite it have 15+ steps to fold in. Removing the backpack however also makes it unbalanced.
It will also have a part for a BAF Quintesson.
It will be at minimum $50 before shipping because the backpack is overengineered bullshit.
>>
File: GIVE ME YOUR FACE!!.jpg (1.8 MB, 4096x3072)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB JPG
I got the Newage SG Optimus Prime and I gotta say the double chest doesn't bother me that much, he feels and looks great. If he feels this good I can only imagine how good the Magic Square Optimus is since everyone says he's flat out superior in everything. I'm actually temped into getting him now and not wait for a future version since the more simple color scheme (or no color in certain parts) has been growing on me and he comes with lots of accessories.
I feel that if a painted version comes it will either not have all those accessories or it will crank up the price even more which is already pretty high. Or instead it will come with metallic paint instead of white in the legs and I prefer the white.
>>
>>9877700
>Anyone wanna take bets now on how they'll fuck her up?
>>9877707
>>9877783
Clearly going by past efforts, her legs will need to be replaced, and she will just flat out be missing panels that you'll need to buy two remolds to get, one for an Alita remold, and another for the green medicbot.

Oh, and her backpack will be pure die cast ruining any chance of her ever standing up.
>>
https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4785859360982579

period magnus!
>>
So what's your guys' preference for AoE/TLK Prime options? UT's I honestly like the look and proportions of the most, the BS03 KO looks amazing paint-wise but the proportions on that and the Toyworld figure don't hit me as well.
>>
>>9878542
limited to 50 pcs lucky draw
>>
https://weibo.com/6476829781/LA1bP0LXM
toy colors
>>
https://weibo.com/1418784721/LA7IM1PbC
MPH Optimus Prime 9.7cm
>>
https://t.bilibili.com/677429266009292869
TB-03 OSKO Terrosaur (by the OSKO Primal people)
>>
https://t.bilibili.com/677204531832946784
TB-02 OSKO Airrazor
>>
File: file.png (1.18 MB, 2000x2000)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>9878623
:^)
>>
MetaGate Haiku
>>
>>9878656
>>
>>9878657
>>
>>9878658
>>
>>9878660
>>
>>9878661
>>
OSKO Beast Gorira.

Mangmotion video tomorrow
>>
>>9878644
Well that's a decent colour fix I guess. Not actually accurate but better than the actual figure.

>>9878645
>chance to repaint it to be show accurate black
>it's just more brown with some extra gold
Okay.
>>
https://weibo.com/6476829781/LA8YnieMG
Still unsure about picking him up, which is probably already too late to buy it at a decent price.
>>
>>9878638
This feels like it would have been good in 2018.
>>
>>9878623
New head, nice. Better have a green drum, too. I might get this since it isn't toon garbage.

>>9878645
>poop smears on head
>>
>>9878555
I got the OSKO of the TLK voyager. It's less than $20 & those 3P options take forever to transform. I also like the truck kibble, makes it feel like an actual Transformer instead of a man in armor.
>>
Hmm I always pictured Jizaitoys Armored Christ as closer to deluxe size than leader…

>>9878644
>>9878645
Did they OS everything except for their tiny hands??? Terrorsaur looks better than the original with the additional silver, but Airazor’s splotchy paint job looks weird and they should have colored her chest to match the bird head.

>>9878638
Is this the one designed by the company that’s also making their own Beachcomber?

>>9878656
>>9878661
>>9878664
Assuming the quality/durability is up to par, this looks like it’s potentially the next best figure in a long line of “black magic engineering” movieformers.
>>
File: file.png (453 KB, 2129x966)
453 KB
453 KB PNG
>NewLegs cost 70 dollars
>You only get 55 dollars worth of store credit if (and only if) you bought all 3 pairs of combiners from their store
Lmao, scummy showZ assholes, these were meant to be free.
>>
>>9879823
I like Newage, and love Devastator, but man am I glad i dodged that bullet.
>>
>>9879823
Yeah I recently switched to a new shop after seeing how they priced NA Cyclonus compared to Showz.
Also I think they charged me on renewing my membership without my permission so I'm going to have to look into that.
>>
>>9877240
>Size: The total height of the product is 25cm, and the top of the character's head is 22cm
>Somebody with MMC’s Impactor do the math.
MMC's is about 18cm to the top of the head
>>
>>9878656
I wonder how the articulation is on this guy, a lot of these insideoutformers always have kind of funky articulation.
>>
>>9879851
I'm glad I'm not a tooner. There actually are things I like about NA Devy over MS's and, to be perfectly honest, the pantsuit kind of stops mattering how significant a part it plays when both companies need to do it at all. The new legs look like a vast improvement and they come included off the bat with the toy and G2 decos, so waiting for those seems to have paid off.
>>
>>9879582
>poop smears on head
There's always a pooping-bird flying higher.
>>
Pics of the geetoo version on their faceburger. Is the "NA Hephaestus" tampo a reference to something?
>>
>>9877464
I'd probably still pick up Dr Wu's Mum-lita-1 since theirs is taller.
>>
File: 2022-07-01 (6).png (1.82 MB, 1920x1080)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
>>
https://weibo.com/5621159376/LAiDFkx1L
PLAN Type 055 Destroyer by Toyeasy
>>
>>9881006
Now you can simulate the Chinese invasion of Taiwan and/or harassment of Filipino fishermen.
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (102 KB, 854x480)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
So close is its transformation to FPJ X1 Code?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlTj6Jq2wDQ
>>
>>9881273
I like this design, what is this, a new brawn?

And, what word cloud are you spewing?
>>
>>9881372
>what is this
Jeeg. A mecha unrelated to Transformers.

>And, what word cloud are you spewing?
I presume he's asking how close the transformation is to Fansproject Chromedome since a lot of folks were thinking that the vehicle mode was visually similar and appeared to have a few similar bits like the legs.
>>
File: 20220629_012410.jpg (212 KB, 1643x1000)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
I can't seem to close the gaps on Lockdown's car mode, like their cliffjumper's but less noticeable since the car is black. Doesn't help that it has spikes all over.
>>
>>9881824
>Doesn't help that it has spikes all over.
Get into masochism and that's a positive!
>>
>>9880919
Source?
>>
>>9882203
Nice bootlegs.
>>
>>9882291
Both of those figures are official, though. This is twice you've done this now. Are you feeling okay? Has your brain disease finally made you so retarded you can't even remember what's official or not?
>>
>>9882460
It was a joke, anon.
>>
>>9882203
photos like this really make me regret selling off my POTP Elita.
>>
>>9882480
I never got it since I want my Elita to be a car, if she had another head I'd go for her then.

You plan on getting the Legacy one?
>>
>>9882491
If I see one in a store, yeah, otherwise not going to put myself out for one.

Never liked the Netflix one, the colors are gross, weapon sucks and the transformation's a joke.
>>
>>9880960
Call me a retard but I have a slight phobia for feet/toes and it always hurts me to look at Beast Gorira toes because of how human? it looks. ugly ass toenails, fuck off
>>
>>9882765
I won't call you a retard, but I will call you a weirdo.
>>
>>9882765
>>9882770
I will call you a retard
>>
>>9882463
>I was only pretending to be retarded!
>>
>>9882203
Mechanic Toys' weibo.
>>
Apparently, he is the next FT release.
>>
>>9881824
So is he worth picking up?
>>
File: 1620446002636.jpg (137 KB, 1024x951)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>9883468
I want Sovereign but I don't particularly like these colours.
Not sure if I want to try and snag one, or just cross my fingers and hope there's a KO announced and they're forced to reissue it again (or buy KO if it's good quality).
>>
>>9881007
Is this the best ship mode ever made for a converting robot?
>>
>>9882695
>the colors are gross
Agreed robots should never have human skin tones, and she was way to red for my liking.

I wish a 3rd would do her, and not make her a Arcee retool.
>>
>>9883052
Well, yeah, I was.
>>
File: 20220629_041328.jpg (186 KB, 1000x1778)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>9883673
If you're asking "why not", then it would be the gappy transformation with the hat filling up the boot of the car. Otherwise it's a pretty decent IF entry and I really doubt we'll see another legends Lockdown in a while.
>>
>>9884010
I'm generally asking your opinions on the piece, not so much a "Why is it bad" or anything like that. I might go in for him then. I've got no attachment to the character, but the figure looks cool and IF usually makes good stuff.
>>
>>9884160
Usually? If thats anything to go by I have zero faith they make anything as decent as other company offerings.
>>
>>9882203
Damn it I want this elita-prime design with legacy articulation
>>
https://weibo.com/5996546577/LAxjn7OoN
>>
>>9870611
>>9870524
Is THAT why I got a bag of shoulder pieces with mine? I gotta go in and replace the shoulder set up? How hard is it?
>>
>>9885153
facebook.com slash planet.x.universe slash videos slash 522909945617733/

(apologies for the formatting, 4chan thinks facebook links are spam)

I don't know if you need to replace it, or if planetx/your retailer is just pre-emptively handing out replacements for the likely event of a break. If you've got a replacement, honestly I'd just hold off on swapping them out, yours may not even break if you're careful with it and use some silicone grease to lube it up.
>>
>>9885172
Thanks. I haven't taken him out of the box yet. I was confused why there was an extra little bag of shoulder bits included.
>>
>>9885132
He looks so clean, neat.
>>
Legends/Mini-MP of Amber from Robocar Poli
https://weibo.com/6095869144/LAsiwvzBA
>>
>>9880960
I love Primal's original deco on this. I never liked the complete change in color palate when the characters upgraded.
>>
>>9886162
Same, the OG Primal colors make Optimal Optimus look ten times better.

I keep hoping that Iron Factory will release their OpOp in these colors (ideally with upgraded hands that are fully articulated like their Maximus Ambus
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (171 KB, 1280x720)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
Flexible, but the locking tabs in the shoulders are uncomfortably tight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUolEd5bYo4

>>9886223
Maybe the OSKO will do the black OpOp colors before Iron Factory does.
>>
Who will be brave enough to do a cloud-style toyline, where its the characters you know in all new alt modes?
Just want an excuse for more boatformers
>>
>>9887461
Happens all the time

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.