[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 57 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Welcome back everyone. Hope you're all doing well, let's jump right into this.

As many of you know, Vania is finally getting a re-issue! Pre-Orders are now open on all of the usual figure sites so make sure to get an order in if you missed her the first time or if you want another with the new paint job! Vania is set for a November 2022 release, but we should expect a delay as most of this year's figures have had. With that said, Clover/Torifoly as well as Really/Arty and Montagne/Mare should release this month, but we should expect delays for one or two of these releases. We also received a minor update that hints that the next release in the line is Polynian Marisa! After disappearing for ages, it seems that the work needed to use her rights are finishing up. No details on release date or price have been given but will be updated as they become available. Other than this we still have no updates on any of the new reveals from the last Daibadi display but some should be coming up after Marisa is listed. Finally, Lily has finally released after her minor delays! Anyone who ordered her should have her in hand and she is still in stock on most sites for those that wish to pick her up.

As always, here is the assistance e-mail for those who need it, so if any problem should arise, feel free to contact them over at "user_support@mile-stone.jp" or the shop you purchased the figure from.

Once again, feel free to share your photos and adventures, they add life and some fun to the thread. Also, welcome newcomers, we hope you enjoy your stay.

Last Thread:>>9654699
>>
-Release Schedule-
May:
>Montagne/Mare (Black Flesh Mel)
>Clover/Torifoly (Black Flesh)
>Really/Arty
June:
>None
July:
>None
August:
>None
September:
>Olivier/Olyvier
October:
>None
November:
>Vania (Re-Issue)
December:
>None
>>
Marisas updated design card
>>
File: Vania Banner.jpg (155 KB, 1165x757)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
Vania will also have the new techniques from the recent releases meaning that she'll have the new style of unpainted "skin".
>>
And here's the three gals that should release this month.
>>
>>
>>
>>9793861
Realised I don't want this anymore
>>
>>9793864
This one’s a little light on hands huh? I was thinking about making a custom Hornet from Hollow Knight using the body.
>>
>>9793907
That seems to be Daibadi's modus operandi nowadays, release one set with a bunch of hands for one specific colour and then never release another set with anything more than 4 pairs total unless it's a rerelease of that one set

It makes getting hand variants for posing an expensive nightmare because then you have to buy those sets too.
There's not even a loophole for white sets because the hands you can get from their old 'hand packs' are actually just slightly off white, which is just such a fun discovery
>>
>>9793848
Sounds like they might have had a bit of a problem with the copyright on this one
>>
>>9794231
Fucking lol
>>
>>9793868
On one hand I hope she doesn't get delayed again, but on the other b/c she got delayed my AmiAmi order for this month is huge so her being delayed again could be a blessing.
>>
Those clear joints I found are actually looking seriously promising, they feel pretty good quality, and the clarity isn't bad
Just gotta smooth some of the leftover plastic nibs off and I'll see how they stick in one of my shamrocks, if everything goes right I'll drop a pic and relink them. I'd definitely recommending buying a pair or two of the sheets too in that case 'cause who knows when or if more of these bootlegs'll show up on the market once this listing is gone
>>
>>9793868
Someday.
>>
>>9794231
>>9794271
That's not talking about figure production, it's Daibadi commenting on the iffy legal situation concerning Touhou yukkuri stuff on account of that one faggot throwing lawsuits around.
>>
>>9795449
So something that could potentially affect them being allowed to make the figure then
Sounds like figure production related to me
>>
>>9794757
Damnit, joints aren't bad, need a bit of varnish and some trimming on the spokes, but there's not enough sizes for a full replacement
You only have joints in sizes that can replace the hips, shoulders, arms, hands, feet, and neck, but none for the knee and torso sizes so it's useless
Fucking damnit
>>
>>9795475
No, because the Marisa figure has nothing to do with yukkuri stuff.
>>
>vania reissue on amiami is 7200 yen
probably the first time in a long time I've had to look elsewhere for better deals
>>
>>9799367
you find one?
>>
>>9799367
>>9799402
She's 6,900 on HLJ
>>
>>9799865
yeah that's where I ended up ordering
>>
I never skipped a pre-order before so I don't know what the post release inventory is like, but I missed out on black Clover. The other two opened back up a week or so ago, but not her. Any guesses if she'll be available for a short window after she releases?
>>
>>9793853
Remember that one anon who was adamant Vania was going to have articulated fingers back before she was released?
>>
>>9801542
polynians are typically slept on after release for a few days or weeks depending on how popular they are so there's a chance
>>
>>9802333
Talking about it, how popular is Vania? Haven't bothered to check around if the latecomer tax is that big on this one...
>>
>>9806958
not sure, she's one of the few remaining popular ones to not have a second release until now though
>>
Montagne/Mare has been delayed into June
>>
>>9811090
>>9793846
Any news on Really/Arty? Month is nearly over and it's holding up my AmiAmi monthly order.
>>
>>9811128
I would bet on them getting delayed into June too
>>
>>9793845
Just imagine an MLaaTR collaboration Polynian.
>>
>>9811128
All of the polys slated for this month have been delayed
>>
>>9811128
>>9811453
HLJ charged for Really, so she made the cut.
>>
>>9811453
>>9812102
I got my shipment payment for Really.
>>
>>9812102
>>9812143
Now to wait for AmiAmi to get me mine
>>
>>9812102 #
>>9812143 #
Yeah I read the email wrong it had the yume repaint on it so I assumed it meant her too but when I looked closer after you posted this I realized I was wrong.

>>9812143 #
Check your email now anon I got my notification from amiami this morning
>>
>>9819715
No
Traps aren't gay faggot
>>
>>9819748
What are they then? Aren't traps explicitly one sex that's pretending/acting like the other? Not even a bi thing.
>>
>>9819715
Not every one here enjoys the femboys. But hey happy sodomy month nonetheless
>>
>>9819762
They ain't gay that's what
>>
>>9819766
They aren’t straight, so it falls under Pride. Don’t be weird dude.
>>
>>9819715
Not a toy
Fuck off
>>
>>9819762
>Aren't traps explicitly one sex that's pretending/acting like the other?
No, there can be totally straight traps. As much as he's the patron saint of the concept, while Bridget was raised as a girl due to a curse, he knows he's a boy, and outside of the crossdressing doesn't seem to have issues telling people he's a boy while a bounty hunter and actively wants to be more manly.
>>
>>9819715
Shamrock is a hermaphroditic catboy femboy, not trans. Please take your lgbt ideals and stay go.
>>
>>9820332
>hermaphroditic catboy femboy, not trans
Nobody said that
Plus that's bi as hell
>>
>>9820332
>hermaphrodite femboy isn’t lgbt
You born stupid or something?
>>
Any one get a ship notification or actually get in their Really yet?
>>
>>9821205
Find some other outlet for your autism nigga
Yeah traps aren't gay that's so fucking funny
>>
>>9821283
You came in here with a fucking pride flag and didn't expect a joke when the only show of potential lgtbqwhatever the fuck representation were trap characters, did you not expect a joke or are all the hormone pills you're on fucking making your brains synapses fry themselves from all the conflicting signals you're forcing on it
>>
>>9821312
I don't give a shit about any of that
>>
>>9821103
I got my AmiAmi invoice for her.
HLJ also has her in stock.
>>
>>9820464
>>9821093
>Nobody said that

>Come into thread waving pride flag.
>Only character that would come close to it is Shamrock.
>Not knowing Shamrock's official lore.

Out.
>>
>>9822143
Who said we don’t know the lore? He’s the boy android alien to Clover’s girl android alien, big woop. He still crossdresses.
>>
>>9822335
IIRC, Daibadi openly stated Shamrock is a crossdresser, or something in japanese. This was during one of the previews for Shamrock bikini version, but I can't find the exact announcement.

Still, in some pages, like Solaris, Shamrock is refered as wearing girl's bikini.

https://solarisjapan.com/products/robot-neoanthropinae-polynian-shamrock-tear-polynian-girls-bikini-daibadi-production

And HLJ

https://www.hlj.com/polynian-shamrock-girl-s-bikini-dbp91045

describes him as "This shy boy is wearing a girl's bikini".

Trans, drag queen, trap, otokonoko, whatever, is idea is pretty clear.
>>
>>9822143
How in your mind is this line not gay af
>>
>>9822773
Not that guy obviously but I would say the giant breasted thick ladies make the line not gay as fuck as you put it.
However it does also have a femboys who crossdress and figures that can change genders. So it has a little something for every one.
It's why it's a great line! All can enjoy the cute robosapiens!

Patiently waiting on my Really to ride the DHL pony to my door. I love new poly time!!!!!
>>
>>9822773
this drooling mongoloid is kind of entertaining if you think about it...
>posts unrelated pic about some LGB crap
>enquires if in this thread people are not going to reply hurtful words that will make him undergo a mental breakdown
>fails to avoid such event and breaks down
>proceeds to label the entire toy line GAY in the fucking general.
>disappears back into the tranny pit.
>>
File: tft.jpg (409 KB, 1512x2016)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
Touch fluffy tail... mmm... fluffy...
>>
>>9822773
shota sure are gay, maybe little less gay for women customers
the rest of the line is hetero as fuck
>>
>>9822773
I mean Shamrock is confirmed straight, or at least BI
One of the characters is canonically his kid somehow iirc, the stacked red head with the demon lord/villainess-esque outfit iirc
>>
>>9823412
>One of the characters is canonically his kid
Are polys not manufactured? Or just the dot eyed ones? Do they age physically? Is Clover actually way older than he looks? Is reproduction a product of desire or just something they do as a matter of factedly? How deep does this lore go and is it even coherent?

I've always looked at them as 'neat robots'.
>>
>>9823553
Shamrock, Clover, and Ianna are biological beings that just have the external appearance of androids.
>>
>>9823553
I imagine they might be cyborgs, i.e. mostly robotic but with (very minimal) internal organic components
>>
>>9823553
I think the Motoroids are the only true mechanical ones. The main ones probably fit the definition of “android” the most, over cyborgs or robots.
>>
So I got my Really in and I gotta say… this is the second time I’ve fallen for the hype of this line and I’m pretty bummed about it.

The skirt pieces are super gummy and flimsy, and the skirt itself is just free-floating, I guess? It’s supposed to be pegged in by the bow but that barely works. And another awkward fit that inhibits posing are the bangs, which have a good chance of falling off with slight movement- a definite possibility, considering the ponytail piece is too heavy for the neck joint. And joint tolerance is weak overall- the hips have just fallen out of their socket more than once already. I know there’s such a thing as a display piece, but the heft of all the costume pieces doesn’t make for well-kept poses.

I suppose I could have anticipated these issues if I had followed initial discussions of this mold years ago, but I feel like there’s been no refinement and in some ways many steps back with this release. Even my first Poly (gray Clover) felt a bit tighter and less fiddly than this. So weird.
>>
>>9823846
This is why I only buy Shamrock's
Best poseability, no additional modular hair/clothes pieces, just plain, flexible femboy
>>
>>9823846
Sounds like the typical problems all the Yume variants had. Sucks to hear.
>>
>>9823859
100%. Naked poly is best poly. Shamrock is peak imo
>>
>>9824171
Precisely why I own all 4 versions
>>
>>9823553
According to the lore on the Daibadi page, Polynians are aliens, not robots. Their skin looks artificial but is actually soft and fleshy to the touch; likewise, they have biological internals - at least, their reproductive system is totally organic and is 100% compatible with human biology. It's possible they have cybernetic augmentations, but that hasn't been officially stated; we do know that Clover and Shamrock are the only two 'pure' Polys, while every other one in the line is a human/Polynian hybrid that's distantly descended from Clover. The protagonist of the accompanying VN looks human but is also a Polynian hybrid.
The actual robots are the Motoroids, like Pinkle and Marina - they were humanity's attempts at artificially creating Polynian soldiers of their own back during the war, though now that the world is at peace and mankind is living alongside the Polys instead of trying to kill them, the Motoroids have been repurposed as law enforcement, EMS, and other emergency-responders; they also do work that would be hazardous for normal humans/Polynians, as well as jobs that require great strength, such as construction workers.
>>
File: Img_0341[1].jpg (1.64 MB, 4032x3024)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
>>9823846
After spending some time struggling like my OG Yume again, I swapped out the ball joint that connects her chest with her stomach piece with the one from Lily and it's so much better, it feels like I can actually pose Yume without her falling apart all the time.

Lily on the other hand, managed to fit Yume's balljoint with the seemingly slightly flared peg just fine, took a bit more effort to seat in but nothing too excessive, and she remains stable and posable. Kind of a bummer that this kind of thing has to be done to get a proper fit, but at least my Yume isn't falling apart all day now.
>>
>>9824421
If you're phoneposting you need to fix your photo EXIF data or it goes sideways
Kuroba has an option for it
>>
File: Img_0341[1].jpg (2.76 MB, 3024x4032)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB JPG
>>
As to why simply rotating and resaving an image suddenly adds a megabyte to the filesize I'll have no fucking idea. No wonder why I don't bother fucking with images anymore
>>
>>9824434
You're shifting all the pixels and reencoding the whole picture. The correct fix is to change the EXIF data which is only a couple bytes
>>
Alright, I gave it a shot, but I don't think I want to pick up yet another image editing tool just for the express purpose of ripping out EXIF data which, while nicely helping kick out dumb ass metadata hidden in images, does nothing to actually rotate the image. I'll stick to 50% shrink in PSP5 and rotate from now on.
>>
>>9823846
I'm sorry, man. While my Really is pretty solid and her joints are OK, I understand your pain, My first polynians were Pinkle and Emile, and they were solid, and most of mine have been. My marina is the one with the issues.

anyway, I got an extra Clay to put armor on Really.
>>
>>9823846
I'm praying mine is better. I am honestly regretting not cancelling my order for her after 3 months of delays. That said money is tight so I had to slow ship so I won't know for up to 3 months.
>>
File: 20220604_180628.jpg (2.89 MB, 4032x3024)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB JPG
So I got around to the project I set aside for ~1.5 year.
>>
File: 20220604_190842.jpg (3.66 MB, 4032x3024)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB JPG
Got them chrome joints.
>>
>>9826476
interesting, where'd ya find these?
>>
>>9826583
I had scoured the local bikeshops for ball bearing balls, only found a few of what I needed so I later purchased a set off of amazon. Then orded some small neodymium magnets from a small shop. Sadly its a novelty since I didn't think hard enough about how freely the magnets and metal setup would rotate.
>>
>>9826405
Are you trying to 3d print parts?
>>
File: 20220604_212706.jpg (3.4 MB, 4032x3024)
3.4 MB
3.4 MB JPG
>>9826691
No its resin cast. I had tried in the past to 3D print joints and a model as my first custom prints. But my knowledge of the softwares is little to none. This is how it ended up.
>>
>>9826707
>This is how it ended up.
You're saying this like it turned out badly. Looks like it turned out really well, especially for a first pass.
>>
>>9826716
Ye it looks nice. I should get around to proper cleanup. Main Issues were with tolerances being too loose tho. Its pretty much a ragdoll.
>>
>>9793848
Fuck
>>
File: FFF2VofVEAM8RIR.png (561 KB, 445x723)
561 KB
561 KB PNG
>>9826707
I mean, that's pretty nice, but aye resin casting is the much better alternative, much smoother parts, and usually much better tolerances
Resin printing is usually better for prototyping custom parts to make molds of

I actually just found someone else who's been making custom casts like, just a few days ago
https://twitter.com/A3_Ante/media

Also, make sure you're using the right amount of PPE for whatever resin/silicone you're using, don't want the fumes to fuck you up
>>
first time getting these things, how often do they re-release someone like Shamrock? because hes the one I want the most and the only one
>>
>>9827634
They don't
Have fun spending $2-300 'cause that's the only way you're ever getting him
>>
>>9827439
Definitely sticking to resin casting, i'm getting near 1:1 replicas just with alot of flashing. I might try to 3D print a mold negative w/ FDM. Sand it down and clean it up to try injection.
>>
>>9827439
what is ppe?
>>
>>9828704
Personal Protective Equipment. Gloves, masks, etc. Different anon, but the hassle of all that is why I went with an SLA rather than a resin printer.
>>
>>9828708
Aye, shame the quality dif is fucking trash for this kind of printing
>>
>>9826405
>>9826476
That's a pretty clean mold and cast. What materials did you use?

>>9828244
There was an anon that 3D printed shoes for his polynians a while back. I wonder if he's still around.
>>
>>9823758
>The main ones probably fit the definition of “android” the most, over cyborgs or robots.
You've got that wrong. "Android' means 'Robot with a male appearance' - it's female counterpart is 'Gynoid'. 'Cyborg' is actually an acronym for 'Cybernetic Organism' - something that has both robotic and organic components, though the percentages of each vary. True Polynians are most definitely Cyborgs, while the Motoroids fit the definition of Androds and Gynoids.
>>
>>9830762
Alumilite white resin
Alumilite amazing mold rubber (scuffed)
Corrugated plastic + sculpey clay for mold box

What did the anon use resin or filament 3D printing?
>>
>>9832677
Watch out if you use sculpey clay. The hair might soften if in contact for long periods which it usually is for 2 part molds. The pic shows the damage on the left. Chips n paint chips.
>>
>>9832677
Hmmm, I actually do have a list of a few recommended resins and the like for casting parts sort of like this.
Technically it's written for casting bionicle parts but they're probably similar enough to casting small plastic parts like these for the recommendations to be viable

https://socketballmasks.tumblr.com/post/158336426662/what-casting-material-do-you-use

If you're willing to take the time you could also try and get in contact with that one twitterite I posted earlier and ask about how he's been going about things
>>
File: heelsanon.png (414 KB, 707x525)
414 KB
414 KB PNG
>>9832677
Description says FDM.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/JK6TV54Y4/

I know that >>9827439 used barbie shoes in that pic.

>>9832958
Thanks for the list. I've been looking for other types of resin I can easily obtain that isn't just table top resin off amazon. I'm just worried about bubbling due to the short work time.
>>
>>9833214
I mean, yeah, but lookit that upper torso cast, holy shit does it look clean
>>
>>9833214
Aye, that's the issue with casting parts if you can't also afford some kind of vaccum chamber setup
>>
Do we have any idea if the delayed stuff is set for this month?
>>
>>9833214
Mmm yeah, bionicle part casters honestly have a lot of pretty good advice for this kind of small scale casting from what I've seen from them
>>
>>9833378
supposedly but it'll most likely be the end of the month if they don't get delayed again

finally got a chance to open my new Really (I hate this name)
>>
now with white face .... fyi the back of the head is white like the normal poly faces, not flesh colored like i feared
>>
Hair swap
>>
leg swap, looks like she is wearing stockings
>>
the inverse if you are intrested
>>
pantsu
>>
body suit pantsu
>>
It's interesting, but I still prefer the original Yume.
I ordered Montagne because she's got the motoroid faces, and I think the red swimsuit will work better with the black bodysuit looking limbs. I can always swap them out with the arms and legs from my Clovers too so she'll be all one tone.

They're kinda like accessory/customization kits at this point.
>>
>>9837811
>They're kinda like accessory/customization kits at this point.
Hope Daibadi continues in this direction. I'll even take garage kits at this point.
>>
File: file.png (1.16 MB, 794x1201)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
damn brat!!
>>
File: FU3Ed2pacAELUpY[1].jpg (42 KB, 510x680)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
qt
>>
Why are hlj's shipping options so expensive
>>
>>9845800
yoo
>>
File: file.png (936 KB, 868x1405)
936 KB
936 KB PNG
polynian articulation is actually so god tier
>>
>>9845814
they want you to use the private warehouse, but they also don't want you to use it
the hlj paradox
>>
>>9847264
Well I kinda want it because of the 500 yen off coupon but also fuck paying 25 dollars for shipping
>>
>>9846675
>shamrock with clover hips
based anon
>>
>>9848952
It's a shame you have to lose the bulge to keep the hips from looking a little off
>>
>>9826405
>Gotta show my monkey paw of a hand
>>
Do we could use some new life injected into this line. This general is a walking corpse most of the time. I know it's partially due to the lack of new figures and lately all there has been has been repaints and the next 2 figures up are more repaints.
>>
Drop them boys.
>>
Speaking of injecting new life into the line, it seems we’re getting a Polynian manga/short comic for the series. Should give some info for new comers and some short stories if the daily life of Polynians.

Sneak peek of a draft for the first issue.
>>
Damn, still waiting on my Lily. Tracking slip says she shipped in April, but there's been no updates on her status since.
>>
>>9856831
the delays don't help
I wanna ship shit and they're still backed up
>>
>>9858031
So is this gonna be like a full manga thing? Like a serialized 4koma? Cuz SoL polynian is something I can get behind
>>
Blue dress: https://neokyo.com/en/product/surugaya/602171528
https://neokyo.com/en/product/rakuten/surugaya-a-too:209892181

Virgin killer sweater: https://neokyo.com/en/product/surugaya/602175429

Probably not going to see these again for a while
>>
>>9867565
You mixed up the first and last link btw
>>
>>9826405
where the fuck is your thumb
>>
>>9868178
Whoops, well still, there you go, links for two blue dresses and one virgin killer if anyone want's 'em (I'm just waiting for one of the pinks to finally show up so I can stick it on my shamrocks)
>>
>low energy polynian fans letting the thread get to page 10 again
>>
Not much to discuss with stuff getting delayed and/or being months till release with no new announcements being made.
>>
Other generals usually have some source material to discuss when things are lean. Not really the case with this line.
>>
>>9873650
there's nothing to fucking talk about
>>
>>9822143
>caring about the official """""lore""""" of coomerbait toys
lmfao touch grass
>>
>>9873650
Thats one if the issues with the line. Releases are slow to come plus with covid hitting delays have made the long wait even longer. Plus most of the recent releases have been recolors with a new hat. We’ll have some more action in here with WF and hopefully the manga soon.
>>
>>9874329
So you're saying that you'd rather assume Shamrock's gender? That's pretty ableist of you pride-anon.
>>
>>9876137
>this joke gets funnier the more times you say it

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.