[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

What action figure lines from the 90s do you guys like/collect the most?

For me it's playmates earthworm jim line and small soldiers
>>
I have those Playmates EWJ figures, Resaurus SOnic Adventure figures, some game pro and toybiz video game figures in their packaging.
>>
>>9786704
resaurus made some great figure lines in the 90s, but a lot of them are very fragile
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (194 KB, 1600x1066)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>9786686
If i even gave a shit about 90's toys, it probably wouldve been for COPS n Crooks and the Mario Kart toys
>>
File: IMG_7245.3.jpg (129 KB, 800x1067)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
Barnyard Commandos and the Star Trek action figures.
>>
>>9786738
That's why they're not coming out of their packaging. All my Resaurus sonic figures I had growing up broke.
>>
>>9786863
this dude looks like he could fit right in with some gi joes
>>
File: primal rage.jpg (40 KB, 400x300)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
another 90s toy line that I love is primal rage
>>
>>9786686
>What action figure lines from the 90s do you guys like/collect the most?
Any that I can actually afford.

>Kenner Star Wars, Aliens, Predator, Man of Steel, Legends of Batman
>Playmates Star Trek
>>
File: Turok-l1600.jpg (398 KB, 1200x1600)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
>>9787601
I remember seeing these at KB toys, and I wish I'd bought a couple at the time.

I'mma bring up the Turok toys. Because I was obsessed with the game, and the toys kinda sucked but I loved them anyway. Sad wave 2 never got released.
>>
File: skeleton_warriors_01.jpg (68 KB, 326x498)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>9786686
Skeleton warriors, it was over before I even understood it existed. My imagination gets gassed up seeing this, kinda wouldn't mind getting a poster of it.
>>
>>9787748
Sorry misread the op, as far as 90s figures I collect it's toy biz. Affordable and hits the sweet spot of memory where I was like in that middle school period of wanting to be 'cool' but still into toys and comics.
>>
File: Opposter.jpg (147 KB, 364x594)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>9787748
Speaking of posters, I want one of these.
>>
>>9787729
these would go great with the big dinosaur figures from the jurassic park line
>>
>>9787759
I would buy this in a heartbeat.

I have a bunch of kenner aliens. Loved the line as a kid. I could buy everything in one go on ebay, but part of the fun is finding pieces at flea markets for cheap.
>>
>>9787872
I never owned any as a kid myself but I still have a weird nostalgic connection with this and the Predator toylines, I think seeing the toys on pegs might've been the first time I'd ever heard of either franchise, and I only ever saw them in one specific store.

I didn't own a lot of toys as a kid so my 90s toy collecting has been less about reacquiring my childhood stuff (a lot of which I still have anyway) and a lot of "stuff I wanted or would've wanted had I known of it".

Also I think you can find that poster on ebay pretty easily but the prices are kinda salty.
>>
>>9786686
EWJ figs didn't last very long. 90s xmen, star trek, and super sentai are things I would collect if i had no need to work and tons of money, Myth Cloth too, but those are long past the 90s
>>
>>9787883
The only alien toys I had as a kid was the snake (which you can see in the back there) and attax. None of my other toys are nostalgia based, no idea why aliens made such a big impact ob my childhood. Also, they have a lot of 90's charm, with the weird design and exaggerated poses for marines.
>>
>>9787601
those were so cool, they should have lasted longer, anything with a macro/mirco connection like these hot wheels monster trucks with little squishy drivers you could run over or tiny villagers in primal rage
>>
>>9787893
I'm still after more aliens myself. I even managed to get my hands on the Queen Hive playset and Vasquez so that's like 2/3 of the most expensive toys in the line already covered.
>>
>>9787894
the primal rage figures probably would've lasted longer if the second game actually came out
>>
>>9786863
>COPS
That's an 80's toyline, zoomer.
>>
File: jpkenner1.jpg (357 KB, 600x411)
357 KB
357 KB JPG
>>
>>9787998
So what's it like to collect one of like three 90s toylines that has actually gone UP in value?
>>
>>9787998
this line was awesome just for the dinosaur figures with the battle damage
>>
>>9787601
Cool, the toy line had two more characters than the game!
>>
>>9788085
two of them were from the second game
>>
>>9787999
>three 90s toylines that has actually gone UP in value
A lot more are going up than you'd think. Beast Wars is getting expensive too. I remember back in the 2000's oldfags were saying BW and other lines would never go up in value like 80's toys; now that's becoming not the case.
>>
>>9788100
even star wars potf 2 is going up in value, when everyone said it never would
>>
>>9788104
Is it though? ebay prices have always been bloated while collector shops usually have the more realistic prices
>>
File: 1560624107664.jpg (1.76 MB, 4310x2383)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
>>9786686
If I had the chance I'd get a lot of the Kenner alien and Predator figures. I like the functions some of these guys showed as well as the transparent plastic in some of them.

My favorites are the mantis alien, the queen facehugger and the stalker predator.
>>
>>9787471
i remember as a kid always seeing these and thinking they were dumb (anything not ninja turtle was dumb to me)

as an adult im sad I never wanted any becuase they're really cool looking. also IMO this line could have gotten -much- bigger but was hurt by being ahead of their time. Theyre basically todays vinyl "art toys" only with accessories and actual play value
>>
>>9787748
pretty sure there was a kickstarter where this license got obtained and they made a run of the skeleton characters, and all the joints were removable so you could make them fall apart into individual bones or mix and match to build crazy creatures
>>
>>9788108
I'm going by ebay prices. I collected potf 2 a few years ago for cheaper than it goes for now
>>
File: 1650126503713.jpg (286 KB, 2048x768)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>>9788114
And here some Predators from Kenner because why not.
>>
>>9788121
I got most of mine from a collector shop where all the common ones were like 5-10 dollars each.

On ebay even those were always like 20-30 dollars which was fucking stupid so I only used ebay to buy them when I had to.
>>
>>9788124
i got most of the figures on card for about 5-10 each counting shipping, some of them cheaper than that buying in lots. Now a lot of them are double that
>>
>>9788129
Guess I got into them just at the right them then, cause I'm at a point where I pretty much already have everything - although I'm still looking for a couple more Gamorrean Guards, and at least one Freeze Frame one.

I wonder if Episode 1 toys are gonna start going up in value too.
>>
>>9788114
I wonder what the snake and gorilla alien repaints are from, I've never seen those before
>>
I'd want to get in on EWJ but they're a bit to expensive for me, same with the Cap Toys version of Stretch Armstrong from the 90s and Street Sharks
I also really liked Trendmasters Godzilla and Mighty Max and War Planets
I don't have a collection of either unfortunately because of their prices... Well some metallic Street Sharks in the deep in a shed at my grandparents house but I doubt I'll ever see them I wonder if they even held up after all these years
>>
File: IMG_6957.5.jpg (126 KB, 800x1067)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>9788147
Yeah I don't know if those are bootlegs or part of a late wave. There were quite a lot of recolors of the alien stuff.
Pic related is a recolor of the Queen Facehugger toy and with a marine.
>>
>>9788136
they'll probably be next now that zoomers who love the prequels are gonna have money to spend
>>
>>9788153
you can get loose ewj figures on ebay for less than $20 a piece but most of them are missing accessories
>>
>>9788147
>>9788158
Yeah, they’re just recolors.

I’m not 100% on this, but I’m pretty sure the recolored two packs were only sold at Kaybee toys. At least here in the US.

The repaints sold so well that Kaybee ordered an exclusive wave. It was called Hive Wars and included a new Xeno body in two colors, two new Preds, a new version of Hicks with cybernetic parts, and an android soldier. Unfortunately this was the last wave, but at least it was a nice send off.
>>
>>9788158
Apart from that facehugger queen, I think all the aliens in the Aliens vs Marines 2-packs were black and silver. Maybe they're from the later blister repacks? Those had some weird redecos, like that baby blue version of the alien from the Alien vs Predator 2-pack.

Also on the subject of Power of the Force 2, I'm still thinking about buying the Millenium Minted Coin Han Solo and C-3PO. I already got plenty of both figures which is why I haven't already picked them up, but the stands and the coins are pretty cool.
>>
File: Big Boss Salute.gif (3.8 MB, 480x255)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB GIF
>>9788191
>It's the galaxy's last chance for survival, as the vicious Aliens, ferocious Predators and fearless Marines clash in the ultimate battle of domination.
>>
File: EwtG4CdU8AMcJf0.jpg (107 KB, 758x638)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>9788191
>the line was cancelled before we got a female Predator
What a bummer.
>>
>>9788218
Yeah, it’s a shame it couldn’t keep going. The female would’ve been cool. There were also some planned figures of Dutch and a couple other soldiers from the Predator movie. It seems like they were going to fold them into the space marines, which would’ve been a cool addition to their ranks. Those figures were solicited, but as far as I’m aware they didn’t even make it to prototype phase.tv84t
>>
File: kenner-batman.jpg (48 KB, 400x300)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>9786686
I eagerly await to see how many people will actually *Not* mention Batman and Power of the Force. When those two lines had their own aisles throughout the decade. Even now it's weird to me that there is not a dedicated Star Wars toy aisle in all toy sections.
>>
>>9786686
The Micromachines Trek and Star Wars lines are still some of my favorites
>>
Trendmasters' ID4 aliens. I love the bendable alien pilots.
>>
>>9788309
I have pretty much everything from the star wars micro machines line except the endor rebel troops and the scout troopers which are way too expensive
>>
>>9788306
I would have bought the crap out of PotF2 when it came out. Sadly there wasn't a lot of product in my area, and I only had Chewie and Vader from wave 1, Bespin Luke, pilot Luke, Yoda, and Boba Fett, Jawas, Lando, Slave Leia, Bespin Han, Hoth Han, and an IG-88/Boba 2 pack. I also had a Slave 1 and X-wing. It wasn't til the prequels came out that enough product was on shelves to actually find anything.

Years later I found out it was because of scalpers. There was a comic/gaming shop I visited recently and he had all these old toys from the 90s to early 2000s, mostly POTF2, McFarlane Toys, and Playmates stuff that I never saw in retail growin up. He occasionally would talk about how he had a whole storage unit full of old toys he hoarded.
>>
>>9788306
It was funny how the batman the animated series had like 20 batman figures that were all the same sculpt just painted differently with different accessories
>>
>>9788579
I never had any trouble finding POTF2 figures, but if you wanted something really desirable like trooper builder figures or boba fett or the removable helmet darth vader you had to search multiple stores for them
>>
Playmates TMNT was for sure my favorite 90s line. I started with Leonardo and had most of the first 3 or 4 waves of figures. I would ocassionally even get the dumb costumed variants. I even still have the infamous Nazi Bebop.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (264 KB, 1280x720)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>9787997
so you've helped me justify that 90's toys sucked then? oh well. but ill take that and i shouldve said Chaos Effect
>>
>>9788218
That sculpt is so nice. So many companies fuck up Retro sculpts by intentionally making them soft intentionally; when sculptors used to work their ass off to refine the sculpts before mass production.
>>
>>9788649
these are fucking cool
>>
>>9788652
sucks even more that the figures that started the trend were the replicas of the unproduced kenner style Alien figures, and even those had proper detail because they were imitating existing products. Everything after was soft undetailed messes you describe. If they had kept the same quality as the Alien figures, it would have been great.
>>
>>9788652
thats because of onions boys like brian of super 7 glorifying wholesome sofubi toys from the 70s which has led to an entire generation of zoomies mistaking quality as indie toy art crap
>>
>>9787759
I had the figure case with that art.
>>
>>9787601
I'd buy re-rleases so quick
>>
>>9788306
Okay, how about Mattel's Last Action Hero?
>>
>>9788920
I'm still trying to get the case myself. International shipping is such a bitch though. The only reason I got the Star Trek TNG one is because I actually found it from a European seller.
>>
>>9788122
Cracked Tusk and Renegade were the best looking figures in my opinion. But Stalker's glow in the dark feature and alien armor was pretty cool. And Scavage's bola launcher was a fun weapon.

>>9788114
Mantis looked cool, but it was basically a reuse of Gorilla's body, which made the limb action weird, because instead of slashing, it was still a grabbing motion. I also hear Snake Alien had an issue where the rubber they used for the bendy body would leak plasticizers quickly.
>>
>>9788969
>I also hear Snake Alien had an issue where the rubber they used for the bendy body would leak plasticizers quickly.
I had that kind of issue with the Swarm Alien's legs. Took me forever with some hand soap and a toothbrush to clean that shit up.
>>
>>9788979
I've been somewhat fortunate in that I've only had plasticizer leaks with two items.

I've been unfortunate in that both those items were high end SDCC Heroclix figures, Fin Fang Foom (Orange) and Spectre Spirit of Vengence.
>>
>>9788991
I've had to clean up leaking plasticizer on quite a few figures but they've pretty much all been NOS from the 90s so they've had literally decades to build up. Hell, just recently I opened up a NECA Tron Warrior from the 20th anniversary toyline which is already 20 years old and I had to give that thing a bath too.

The Swarm Alien was probably the worst I've seen, it's legs and tail were almost gray from the buildup.
>>
>>9786863
I used to have that guy as a kid, only had two figures from that C.O.P.S. line. I always wanted to get the Robocop figure from that line as well.
>>
>>9788122
Used to have damn near the whole collection of the Aliens and Predator line by Kenner.
I remember getting that clear translucent predator figure with the chrome armor as a mail-away offer with I thing 2 proofs of purchase or something like that. I waited for months with snail mail to get it, but it eventually arrived.
That mail away predator figure was basically the same sculpt and the alien vs predator 2 pack they made, just this time in clear plastic.
>>
>>9789096
Hasbro fucked up COPS. They made too few figures from the outset to meet demand when the popularity exploded. By the time they got around to making enough to meet demand, it took so long that the demand faded because customers got sick of waiting. Now Hasbro has 0 interest in reviving the brand, making me wonder if they just don't give a fuck or if they lost ownership- I don't think they have any rights to the cartoon.
>>
>>9789105
I've been debating picking up that translucent mail away figure. I have the Lava predator which also has a cool translucent body. Stealth makes more sense though.
>>
>>9789105
The chrome accessories are pretty cool. Too bad it's nigh impossible to find without it being horribly discolored.
>>
File: 1650133315279.jpg (31 KB, 400x400)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>9789105
I heard that figure was some ultra rare toy produced when the company has sinking. If true you got a really nice piece of plastic there.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (189 KB, 1200x1600)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>9789395
I think you can find one on ebay for like 20 dollars.

Good luck finding one that doesn't look like pic related tho
>>
>>9788579
This same thing happened to me with the Toy Biz Marvel stuff, especially the Tongue Licking Venom figure. It was fucking impossible to find for years. To the point that I thought maybe it was never produced or something happened that it never made it to shelves at all. Turned out all the comic shop scalpers grabbed up all of them that they could. One store not too far from me had boxes of them sitting in a back room for years, never selling one of them.
>>
>>9789634
the 90s was probably the first time when people starting buying up and hoarding action figures for future profit
>>
>>9788119
Well shit, they are going on my eBay list. There are some comics I'd like to pick up first but no harm in checking out the prices. The mom and pop place I like only has misb so I'd rather get a few loose lots.
>>
>>9788115
Yeah, they were really nice and wouldn't be out of place in today's market.
>>
>>9788261
I think I read about those in an old comic mag, I remember dutch being found in Australia but once again this is info from a magazine in the mid 90s when everyone had an uncle that worked at Nintendo.
>>
>>9788218
I dread the "forced diversity" seething if a figure like this got made today.
>>
>>9789634
https://gofigure.toys/venom-flicking-tongue-action-figure.html

It's amusing to see it still going for the same $20-25 it was selling for in 98ish. Guys hoarded these things up for years and years only to sell them for 20something for the next three decades.
>>
>>9789405
Man that's one reason I'm not fond of translucent figures. Some become cum colored after a while, the same happened to my Stealth Venom.

I wonder if there's a way to get rid of that color and restore the former appearance.
>>
>>9789716
Not really. Translucent plastic seems to be particularly prone to discolouring and it seems to be more than just surface level, so I doubt the usual hydrogen peroxide solution would make much of a difference either.
>>
File: 1637697468698.jpg (2.78 MB, 3120x4160)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB JPG
>>9789727
Well damn, guess my boy will remain like this.
>>
>>9789734
>when the cum in the cumsock is left to fester too long
>>
>>9789395
I got the figure when I was 14, ended up selling it to a comic shop when I was 18 for $50 back in 98. I grew out of collecting toys at that time and was more into comics back then.
Little did I know I would eventually get back into toys and regret selling many of my figures.
>>
>>9790125
Story of many users here my fellow anon. How much do I regret giving away part of my stuff back then, I got some of them again thanks to flea markets and marketplace but still.
>>
>>9787748
>My imagination gets gassed up seeing this
The cartoon was good but looking at this poster also does get my imagination going that it would be some kickass 80's action film about a guy that fights giant animatronic skeletons
>>
Luv me Power rangers. Luv me BTAS. Luv me Legends of Batman. Luv me Jurassic Park. Luv Me Trendmasters Godzilla. Luv me Toy Biz Ironman. Luv Me Beetleborgs. Luv me Extreme Dinosaurs. Luv me Vac-man. Luv me Skeleton Warriors. Luv me Pokemon. Luv me Primal Rage.

But most of all, for me it is Beast Wars
>>
>>9790972
beast wars was the shit back then
>>
>>9791012
Now it's just shit. How the fuck did this get the greenlight?
>>
>>9791021
Most of the Kingdom Beast Wars figurs have been pretty good, but Scorponok and Cheetor(to an extend, his beast mode is nice) just feel worse than the originals in most ways.
>>
>>9789634
I think I got that Venom and the first super posable Spider-man when my family was visiting relatives in the Philippines. He was pretty cool, but at the time I had no idea who he was. He ended up becoming my favorite villian.
>>
>>9788218
Wonder why Neca hasn't done a female Predator or this prototype ancient one.
Sure, it'll never be the same as the never-made Kenner originals but it'd still be a nice addition.
>>
>>9791024
I'm tired of seeing them personally. It's like wheeljack during the wfc, just keep changing a bit or two and putting it in a new box. I'm not a bw fan but others enjoy it, buzzsaw looks rad.
>>
>>9791024
Is the leg upgrade I've seen on eBay worth the money for Scorponok? I assume that's the problem with him.
>>
>>9788218
>>9791492
Man, these look cool. And I hate seeing cool toys that are never going to be produced.
>>
File: image-32.png (437 KB, 580x408)
437 KB
437 KB PNG
>>9787998
>>9788114
>>9788122
Also Kenner's Terminator line was great. My favorites were the Power Arm Terminator with the swappable rocket launcher arm and the Techno Punch Endoskeleton.
>>
>>9793667
the techno punch terminator looks awesome
>>
File: endoglow.jpg (55 KB, 620x812)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>9793670
It is a pretty cool figure. It has a waist with rubber cords that give it a punch action (like the old he-man figures) light piping in the head to make the eyes illuminate, and it had elbow joints, which made it the most articulated figure in the series.

There was also an Endo Glow variant that sacrificed the light piping for glow a glow in the dark feature.
>>
>>9788218
I would buy that in an instant.
>>
>>9793719
I would buy the hunched over weird predator with four arms in >>9791492 . Looks like it was an alien/predator hybrid concept years before it was done in the AVP movies.
>>
>>9793667
>>9793670
I've got both of those. Unfortunately the rubber band pistons on the original endoskeleton have a tendency to harden big time, mine just snapped right off when I turned the waist on mine. The spring for the punch action is inside the spine so the pistons are just cosmetic, but it still sucks and I wonder if there's a way to get them to at least stay in place while still allowing me to use the punch action.

I have the techno punch terminator from the 3D re-release which I think was only sold in amusement parks and I think the rubber band is different material because it's still stretchy on mine, or maybe it's just because it's almost ten years newer.
>>
>>9793667
I kind of wonder why this stopped, Making kids toy tie-ins for R rated movies since kids thought it was cool anyway.
>>
>>9794259
Probably because they stopped making those movies R-rated. They started producing pg-13 scifi and action movies instead.
>>
File: stalker.png (906 KB, 1197x709)
906 KB
906 KB PNG
I was watchin the old Kenner Alien and Predator commercials on youtube and this scene came up, and I had no idea until today that his eyes also had a glow in the dark feature, because I always keep the mask on.
>>
File: IMG_20220403_100917.jpg (1.54 MB, 3120x4160)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
>>9801777
Yup, I had no idea either until I got one in my hands. It's so beautiful and eerie at the same time.
>>
>>9801991
So cool!
>>
>>9801991
>>9802511
glow in the dark shit on toys is always cool
>>
File: DSCN2196.jpg (43 KB, 903x1204)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>9801991
>>9802511
>>
File: 1636291718082.jpg (3.86 MB, 3277x4880)
3.86 MB
3.86 MB JPG
>>9802511
>>9802644
Blessed, one day I will get the mask and missiles for my Stalker Predator.
>>9802602
Indeed they are

>tfw I passed from buying this gitd second hand Kenner Swamp Thing
I still regret it.
>>
>>9802654
I wanted swamp thing toys so bad as a kid! Don't remember too much of the cartoon or live action stuff but the early comics up through the end of vertigo are really good.
>>
>>9802765
The McFarlane one is pretty cool for what it is.I wish we could get a more classic late 80's looking one(the DCUC is ok but more 70's and is doomed to rubber rot) but its still a cool sculpt.
>>
>>9802654
I regret that I don't have mine anymore. Glow in the Dark figures used to be instabuy for me. Notably I had this Swamp Thing and Captain Planet's Duke Nukem. I wanted Scareglow from MOTU pretty badly, but never saw it in stores in my childhood.
>>
>>9786863
>>
>>9803750
>>
>>9803752
>>
>>9803754
>>
>>9803756
>>
>>9803758
>>
>>9788925
Aren't the original molds broken? I remember hearing that they used the same ones used for the games models but it broke
>>
>>9803758
>>9803756
don't talk to me, or my son, every again
>>
File: 1638078575623.jpg (75 KB, 499x500)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>9803718
The vintage Scare Glow is quite pricey nowadays. You can always get this Origins figure, though I'm not sure how much is it now due to scalper scum.
>>
>>9803815
kek
>>
>>9803752
>>9803754
>Hasjwbro would rather devote multiple attempts to reviving feminist brands that no one gives a fuck about than a line with police that people actually liked

Shit, they know MASK would sell but it wasn't a brand they created so they don't give a shit about that one, either. I have to think the race swap Matt Trakker was a deliberate middle finger to whites than it was a legit attempt at a brand revival... mainly because no one else from the line was brought back.

Why is Hasbro such an incompetent company?
>>
2020 of COPS
>flying cars, black woman president, sapient robots, people respect police because they earn that respect

2020 in reality
>cars can't legally be repaired by the owner because of DRM laws, racist white asshole president who served Russia, cops are more likely to shoot you than criminals are

We got the worse timeline.
>>
>>9803756
COPS was 1/12? man i was born too late
>>
>>9804064
>racist white asshole president who served Russia
Biden's in bed with China, not Russia.
>>
>>9804047
Probably testing the water, than surprised that it didnt sell! Question is if they believed this is ok. Or it was on purpose to create evidence it wouldnt sell.
>See, MASK doesnt sell anymore.
>>
>>9804113
Yes.
>>
>>9803750
>>9803752
What's going on with that dog? That is not the dog that I owned as a kid. It has ribbed legs and a spinny shiny thing for a police light.
>>
>>9804047
>Shit, they know MASK would sell

Would it? I think MASK would probably sell best as like Imaginext style figures, aimed at little kids. Retail vehicles are far too neutered outside of the big chunky playskool toy variety.
>>
>>9805013
The dog has a police light on his back. But the conversion has not achieved that!
>>
Where are all the ExoChads?
>>
>>9806732
That looks cool. Is this a real 90s toy or a modern reboot? It looks expensive to produce!
>>
>>9809617
90s, I've got the guy on the far left. Cool toy, the show was good. Kinda gave me robotech meets battle tech vibes. Oh, the line is exo squad btw.
>>
File: IMG_20210830_195357475.jpg (552 KB, 1979x1940)
552 KB
552 KB JPG
>>9806732
You bastard, I just put mine back into storage like 2 days ago. Definitely one of the great 90s toylines.
>>
>>9806732
I bought so many of these on clearance at discount stores in the 90s
>>
>>9806732
My highschool Gfs older brother was into these because they apparently included reissues of Robotech/Macross toys.
>>
>>9809693
>>9809885
Thats a really good production value. They look like you kid mix it with Centurions.
>>
>>9806732
The few I never got, I managed to get back then KB Toys ran them as a knockoff brand in the early 00s. Everything was the same except the heads, they changed everyone's heads and the neosapiens were remade as robots.
>>
>>9810286
Not really, since the exo-squad characters were only 2 inches tall and the Centurians were around 10 iirc.
>>
>>9811321
Really? Doesnt look like that big of a size difference.
>>
>>9803885
Scalpers plus the fact that Mattel fucked things up and somehow didn't get wave 2 into stores like, at all.
>>
File: 91OK3ZAzCpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (307 KB, 975x1500)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
Had almost the entire line, loved those guys.
everything gitd, that was my jam.
>>
>>9812023
I didn't even know this line existed. I never saw it in stores or saw any advertisements for it. Looks cool tho.
>>
File: downloadfile.jpg (131 KB, 1024x640)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>9812093
Distributed worldwide, but yeah, so many cool lines from the nineties no one remembers today.
>>
>>9812023
I can see that the skull and weapons gitd, but the packaging says "flame glow", does that mean the flames also gitd??
>>
File: Zarathos1.jpg (131 KB, 472x656)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>9812339
It's mostly neon colors.
>>
>>9811974
Nah they made it, I got them myself. But it was after wave 3 and 4 and even then I only found one case, which I bought. I was only able to preorder scareglow at the time, it was a real rough beginning for origins
>>
>>9793667

>Gets blown up in pieces
>This rules!

This toy could have kicked the shit out of Sid from toy story
>>
File: 1590136837612.jpg (41 KB, 500x364)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>9812023
>>9812291
>>9812431
Wait these fucking glew in the dark??
GODDAMMIT, I saw the Ghost Rider for like 3 bucks but passed. They seemed to have a nice articulation. Dammit I'm mad at myself now.
>>
>>9793667
I had the T-1000 on the far-left, and I still can't get over the fact that he fired missles out of his ass, literally.
>>
File: IMG_20211028_054508494.jpg (757 KB, 3190x1940)
757 KB
757 KB JPG
Not Warnation-states, not even Warcontinents, but WAR-PLANETS!
>>
File: IMG_20211029_035603795.jpg (1.43 MB, 4096x1940)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>>9815792
The concept is so good. Planets at war; each with completely unique flora and fauna that have all been pruned and grown for hundreds of millions of years like a bonsai tree. A tree that seeks only Victory.
>>
File: IMG_20220530_074124464.jpg (1.37 MB, 4096x1940)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
>>9815801
Sweet toys. Cheap, relatively well-made, well-engineered, and you got a little army everytime.
>>
>>9812739
It was a cool line. I miss Transforming superhero toys like this. They were like getting two for one,I'm surprised there's no modern line that does these consistently.
>>
>>9786686
Earthworm Jim was great. It took me years to find the pocket rocket vehicle a decade ago, but they pop up fairly regularly now. I also customized a Queen Slug for a Butt.
>>
>>9815425
I think I read somewhere that particular figure was actually designed for another toyline that got cancelled, and that's why he doesn't resemble anything from the movie. I can't remember where I read or heard about it though.
>>
>>9816157
I need to get a Pocket Rocket, I had one as a kid but somehow lost it between moves. I still have the entire toy line though, with all their accessories. Jim has a couple paint marks, but he's still in good shape overall.
>>
>>9816229
Have you ever seen a pic of the unreleased wave? We were robbed.
>>
File: A1CDyFKgx8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (426 KB, 1500x1048)
426 KB
426 KB JPG
>>9816129
Oh, damn. I miss those niggas like you wouldn't believe.
>>
>>9819193
I legit remember these and a lot of the early Toybiz figures the most from seeing them in KB toys and Albertson's/Skagg's grocery stores.
>>
>>9788306
Kenner Batman toys are amazing, i hope someday they re launch Legends of the Dark Knigh toys, i want Neural Claw Batman
>>
>>9822789
Same, I'm still thinking about getting the Batmobile from Batman Forever that lets you swap pieces to turn it into Batwing or Batboat too
>>
>>9812023
Friggin' great line.
I'm still mad we never got a Ghost Rider cartoon besides the Fantastic Four and Hulk tie-in episodes.
>>
>>9787759
What are you willing to pay?
>>
>>9827205
Not enough.

International shipping's a bitch and I'd rather have the collector case first.
>>
>>9787601
>Primal Rage
SOUL

>>9788085
>>9788091
Actually the Bone Dragon in the back was supposed to appear in the first game as the final boss, but for lack of time and other issues the Game devs couldn't include him, until the second game; and the second game was never released (but in recent years a beta of the arcade machine was found with the game)

IDK who has the rights for this IP nowadays, but whoever it is, hope that it has an interest of making a new reboot of this game
>>
>>9803750
>>9803752
>>9803754
>>9803756
>>9803758
I wan't awre that COPS had toys, neat!
I wish that a series like this get a revivial, but right now anything that gets a reboot is getting ruined by the ((((MESSAGE))), so better not
>>
>>9828332
Yeah, can't imagine anyone trying to push a cartoon portraying the police in a positive light

I mean someone unironically tried to cancel Paw Patrol too
>>
>>9816129
This looks like there was a cartoon planned for this but it didn't happen.
>>
>>9828354
>I mean someone unironically tried to cancel Paw Patrol too
Yeah, I noticed that, the most retarded thing I ever see
>>
>>9824988
The Marvel Action Hour? Boy I don't remember that.
>>
File: 51bo4fNXs3L.jpg (64 KB, 352x500)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>9828953
How about the Marvel Action Universe?
>>
File: goopy-toon3.png (202 KB, 480x360)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
>>9828360
It's certainly possible but then 90s Marvel cartoons were a lot more faithful to the source material than anything that came afterwards.
And there indeed was a cartoon in development shortly before everyone got Perlmutter'd.
>>
>>9788218
I wanna titfuck her
>>
>>9815792
Damn this is cool
>>
Action Fleet.

Even more relevant to me now with the pending release of Micro Galaxy Squadron and that I use some of my old stuff for various tabletop RPGs.
>>
>>9815792
Imagine eight big beefy dudes living on a planet that size. It would be disgusting
>>
File: SharkmanYellow-Front.jpg (154 KB, 522x812)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
I collect Legend of Sharkman, because it's cool as shit, hard to find, and niche as fuck.
>>
>>9840284
That's a really cool looking sculpt.Crazy how many toy companies popped up in the 90's
>>
>>9840284
Wasn't this a promotional toyline for a company making actual surfboards or something?
>>
>>9840390
They were a cookie company in Maui in the 80s that expanded into surfwear. Their round logo with the shapes on top is actually meant to be a cookie. They were pretty popular, and still exist today.
>>
>>9787516
>>9786738
How on earth did they break? Aren't those sonic figs like 5poa?
>>
>>9792371
The leg upgrade just makes the altmode even worse. For me the transformation just feels unfinished.
>>
>>9840404
>They were a cookie company in Maui in the 80s that expanded into surfwear.
that's a surprise, id prefer if they still were
>>
>>9840511
ReSaurus had some really shitty QC. I remember their Duke Nukem figures having some problems too. I think the pegs to attach the guns to the figures with for storage broke as well.
>>
>>9793716
The punching action is powered by an actual spring inside the spine, the rubber pistons are just cosmetic. I had the pistons completely dry up and snap off but the punching gimmick still works.

I'm wondering if there's any way I could secure the pistons in place so they'd at least stay there when the waist is turned.
>>
>>9788430
Great series
>>
>>9788430
These toys had unbelievable paint jobs. Soft metallic fades, highlights, the little alien pilots were semi-translucent plastic with a light dusting of iridescent paint. As a kid I got the "standard" alien because it was iconic, ad it DOES look good, but in hindsight, I should have gotten the metallic blue guy in >>9788430. His paintjob is just better all around.
>>
Just got pic related.

Looking up the old toy commercials, I found several featuring toys that were never released, which presumably would've been the entirety of series 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICFHAgRHDrU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH6wo6M8gGI

>police station
>the friggin' cartoon cat
>and oh look, more Jack variants!
>>
>>9843008
I love the old, weird ass art on toy packaging like this. That kid's face, man...
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (43 KB, 500x500)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>9842107
>>9842439
I have yet to own one, I didn't even know the movie had toys. The alien designs are spectacular and and the bendable aliens really a nice touch.

If I had the chance I'd choose the dark blue or crimson one.
>>
>>9788430
>>9842439
>>9843235
I never got one of these guys and I don't quite remember why. It's weird because I absolutely loved ID4 as a kid.
>>
File: daddydan.jpg (9 KB, 244x207)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>9812023
what's going on in here?
>>
File: IMG_2240.6.jpg (125 KB, 800x1067)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>9843008
Nice get! This was such a fucking cool line, and I never even got to see the movie a a kid! All I knew was that I loved Arnold, and this was basically just a standard Arnold action figure with a badass, Aliens Power Loader-feeling tech backpack.
>>
>>9843635
One of the backpack arms was this spring-loaded chainsaw. I used to pretend this was a 1:1 life-sized chainsaw switchblade, and prowl around my backyard pretending to fight dudes with it.
>>
>>9843635
>>9843638
On a side note, I finally saw the movie like two years ago, and it was fucking incredible, even better than I could have imagined. The cartoon cat voiced by Dany DeVito, the corny fourth-wall-breaking jokes, Arnold hamming it up, it's so great. I count it among my favorite movies now, I can't believe it bombed on release.
>>
>>9843642
I loved the Sylvester Stallone gag so much. Best joke in the movie.
>>
>>9843239
>>9843235
>>9842439
>>9788430
They also came with these floppy disks containing a bunch of little games and activities. I gotta tell you though, given the film's hacking conclusion, it felt cool as fuck as a kid sliding this thing into your PC. Felt like you were doing something forbidden and dangerous.

>>9843235
Holy shit, never seen the red or gold ones before. They pretty much all look amazing though.
>>
File: h01v1ducir001.jpg (65 KB, 640x457)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>9843651
Oops, forgot my pic. Even the disk is cool looking.
>>
>>9843635
I love how cheeky Mattel got with the toyline. Similar to the videogame, someone decided all the merchandise should be educational, which in this case meant "don't play with guns", which resulted in the videogame being a shitty beat 'em up and none of the Jack figures came with guns.

Except then Benedict comes with three, including Jack's trademark Desert Eagle. Not to mention Jack has a movie accurate belt buckle, which has a picture of a fucking gun on it.
>>
File: heatpackinjack.jpg (212 KB, 820x643)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>9843654
I never would have guessed that was their goal, haha. This figure is called "Heat Packin Jack," and his backpack includes a massive grenade launcher and chainsaw (which the packaging affectionately refers to as 'canister launcher' and 'rescue blade' lol).

Also, look at how cool the artwork for this figure was. So dynamic.
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (51 KB, 400x360)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>9843344
peak pop culture.
>>
>>9843665
You know, it's kind of weird when I look at the toyline closely; it feels almost, I dunno, unfinished?

Like the way Benedict comes with accessories you can't really do anything with, like the eyeball stickers or the runner of spare eyes.
>>
>>9788430
Holy fuck the nostalgia. I used to have that one as a kid and I remember I used to make it fight with my re2 hunk toy.
>>
>>9843651
>>9842439
Trendmasters were ahead of their time They get some flak for their Heisei Godzilla toys(which is wrong, they were great at the time and still have a ton of charm, but from 96 until they died they really ramped up their quality. It says alot that Toho was able to scan their Ultimate Godzilla as a maquette for CGI 98 Godzilla in Final wars.
I can only imagine how good they'd be if they were still around. Probably the first company to really chase the McFarlane level of sculpts, but still retain playability.
>>
>>9845632
Trendmasters, ironically, never mastered the trends.
>>
>>9845632
Fuck anon, I had this toy back then. Had a breakage in its left hand but other than that the rest was fine.
It had quite a lot of articulation if my memory serves, like neck, jaw, wrists, toe, knee and so on.

It looked like the one in your pic but slighlty different. I'm not sure how many variants were there.
>>
>>9843635
One thing I noticed about the convertible that compared to all the other toy cars I have, Slater's Convertible has some crazy roll to it. We're talking Hot Wheels levels, which is really impressive considering it's just a giant hunk of plastic on plastic wheels.
>>
>>9845141
I never had a creepy crawler oven. I had friends make me bugs to fill my disney store Oogie Boogie up with.
>>
>>9845141
Ohh wowww, that's a really funky oven. I'm more familiar with the Nickelodeon colored orange and green one. I think this line was so damn cool, the feeling of being able to create your own custom toys was intoxicating.

>>9850125
I didn't own one either! I got to play with my cousin's one when I visited though, and it was always a blast. Whole summer days just spent designing and baking bugs.
>>
>>9843653
>save button
>>
File: CD.jpg (176 KB, 1280x720)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
i was rough with my toys
these never broke on me
>>
>>9850483
Crash Test Dummies were awesome. Now that's a line made for playing all over the fucking place with. Send those cars right down the stairs...
>>
>>9788309
mine too
>>
>>9850483
Those were so cool. My brother got one of the cars, but most of the pieces got lost pretty quickly.
>>
>>9858353
I still have the yellow taxi somewhere. My biggest issue with the figures themselves was how fragile the pegs on the limbs were; I swear I had at least two figures end up without an arm because the tiny mushroom peg keeping them attached to the torso snapped off.
>>
>>9863534
Opposite for me. The spring mechanisms would warp and no amount of attempting to reshape them with tweezers would keep them from randomly shooting off limbs.
>>
>>9788114

I had the Mantis one, I think I thought it was a knockoff.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.