[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: happymeal.jpg (60 KB, 900x506)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
What are your favorite fast food toys?
Which sets of fast food toys do you collect?
>>
>>>/Ck/
>>
File: m53487178744_1.jpg (252 KB, 1199x1599)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
I always thought the Inspector Gadget was cool. Also now I remember the Burger King Pokemon stuff with the gold pieces.
>>
>>9783430
I had every piece of this except one and one of my cousins had it and wouldn't trade me it for anything. My mom even tried to buy it from him but he was more worrried about making sure I didn't get all of the pieces
>>
Free with a kid's meal in 1997. Now would be $20 each at retail.
>>
>>9783440
some of the kids meal toy lines from back then were particularly high quality
>>
>>9783440
These Universal Monsters and the Mc Donald's Power Rangers were some of the best fast food toys.

BK Beauty and the Beast toys were pretty good too.
>>
>>9783450
oops forgot the picture. What a dum dum.
>>
File: mcmasters.jpg (81 KB, 1024x591)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
These were pretty cool too, but I only had He-man, Skeletor, and Beastman from the set. The only downside was the arm joints on He-man and Skeletor were a little stiff, but they even had the power punch spring loaded waists like the retail toys.
>>
>>9783456
these are almost regular action figure quality
>>
File: 023.jpg (703 KB, 1570x852)
703 KB
703 KB JPG
>>9783456
Wow, these look bonkers. I wish I'd known about these, I would have treasured them. Somehow, getting exceptionally good Happy Meal toys elevates their status IMMENSELY in my head, because of their humble status as fast food toys. So all those "almost real action figure" type toys always got a ton of play for me. Like this Spidey and Doc Ock, both were super impressive to me.
>>
File: batman.jpg (63 KB, 800x542)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>9783476
The Marvel and DC tie ins in the 90s were always pretty good quality. Also the Disney movie tie-ins would ocassionally have some nice action figures as well, like the Burger King Beauty and the Beast and the Mc Donald's Hercules figures.

Related: the plain standard grey suit Batman TAS figure was only released in the first wave and so it was difficult to find, so for the longest time this was my only grey suit TAS figure.
>>
>>9783476
I'm pretty sure I had spidey in the vehicle there
>>
>>9783501
it seems like when one of the fast food places got a license that they knew would be big business they put in more effort with the toys
>>
File: smallsoldiers.jpg (16 KB, 750x503)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
for me it's the burger king small soldiers toys
>>
>>9783440
Competition became so high in the mid 90s that the quality just flew up by the end of the decade.
>>
>>9783501
>>9784343
It wasn't only in the 90s. The late 80s Bambi rerelease toys were pretty much regular action figures.

With a lot of them they would try to keep them cheap and gimmicky. Usually making a smaller figure on a car or some other vehicle like the Tiny Toons, Muppet Babies and almost all Disney Afternoon related stuff. Same with Batman Returns. They were all mostly hotwheels style with a little character riding on top of a car, plane or some little vehicle.

And other times they would contract with multiple companies to do different parts of a single set like the Mario 3 promotion had at least 3 different toy companies producing individual figures for the single month set.
>>
I miss these little fuckers like you wouldn't believe. Also the BK Pokemon and Batman Beyond stuff was top-tier.
>>
>>9784354
the first bk pokemon toy set had so many toys that the quality went all the way from boring gimmicky toys (tops and launchers) all the way up to the good shit (light ups)
>>
>>9783433
kek, what a chad. Do you guys still talk? I'd be curious to hear his side of the story.
>>
Both of these Kirbies were really high quality toys, the top in particular I remember fondly as the longest-spinning top I'd ever spun.

>>9783501
I have that Two-Face! I think his gimmick is that the kart can flip over in the middle.
>>
>>9784443
nope he died in a car crash a few years ago
>>
>>9783501
I have the joker and the catwoman in this set
>>
Even tho they weren't posable I always liked these Dragon Ball figures from Burger King
>>
>>9784457
I remember kids going nuts over these, even though I didn't collect them
>>
>>9784455
lmao, that's what he gets for not trading that piece.
>>
>>9784457
These do look like what collectable figures would look like back then. Honestly the sculpts were in some ways on par with retail Dragon Ball stuff. It makes me wonder if Irwin toys sculpted these or what.
>>
>>9784455
did he leave you the piece in his will?
>>
>>9784536
nope he probably traded it to some other kid right after i wanted it
>>
File: n64.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>9784448
this set of toys goes great with the taco bell n64 set
>>
>>9784457
Wow, i completely forgot about those!
>>
File: 20220514_224911~2.jpg (1.24 MB, 4032x1835)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
I love fast food toys. Just moved and still unpacking, so this is what I have to take pics of right now.
Shown is Action League Now from Burger King, McDonald's Changeables 1987, and McDonald's Changeables 1988. Still want a set of the 1990 changleables, the well known dino ones.
>>
>>9784313
Wait, they made two Insaniac toys? That's a shock. I have a totally different BK Insaniac toy. This was one of my prized toys, it was kind of like a real action figure, and I liked his design.
>>
>>9784733
>Action League Now from Burger King
Looking back on it now, it's crazy that the show was big enough to get Burger King toys. And that they turned out so well made too!
>>
>>9784953
I'm pretty sure there's 3 insaniac toys in the line. I have 3 of the insaniac you posted unopened in the bags from buying lots of fast food toys off of ebay
>>
>>9784733
those mcdonalds changeables are one of the lines of happy meal toys that everyone seems to like
>>
>>9783440
>>9783452
>>9783476
>>9783501
These were all my favorites along with the Disney Hercules from McDonald's. I got so much play out of them, Spider-Man and Doc Ock especially. I usually used them as my bath toys so I didn't get my regular figures wet or they'd be the ones I would take with me to places since they could fit pockets nicely.

My mom often gets Happy Meals because she doesn't eat very much and will give me the toys when I go see her (though I don't really do anything with them). She just gave me the Super Sonic toy she got from McDonald's. It almost has the same quality to it even though I haven't opened it.
>>
File: plates.jpg (39 KB, 400x300)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>9785429
the best thing about the mcdonalds hercules tie in was the plates that they sold. My family used those bad boys for years
>>
File: Tarzan.jpg (21 KB, 450x332)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>9783430
Never got to finish any of those sets where you put them together to make something. The Tarzan and Space Jam ones come to mind.
>>
>>9785459
There's also the chicken run and rugrats set from burger king. A few years ago I helped my mom get the whole toy story 4 set from mcdonalds that makes the rv from the movie when you put it together
>>
this is a comfy thread bros
>>
>>9783440
97' was a good year for monster fans. taco bell released these guys, "creature crypts", a short while after the BK monsters.
>>
>>9784457
Burger King always seem to have the better toys imo. Although Im probably biased due to my affinity for chicken fries. their shrek 2 line was kino.
>>
taco bell really had some great toys in the 90s. shame their kids meal promotions turned to such shit in the mid aughts
>>
>>9786574
In the 90s/early 2000s burger king was matching and even beating mcdonalds with the kids meal toys. Since then, not so much
>>
>>9786582
taco bells toys weren't always of the same quality that mcdonalds/burger king had, but they had a lot of my favorite licenses:

star wars
N64
earthworm jim
cow & chicken
ace ventura
the mask
goosebumps
animorphs
and even their own nacho & dog toys
>>
File: bktrain.jpg (176 KB, 1280x720)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
This train set will always amaze me.
>>
>>9786679
they really pushed anastasia hard back then
>>
>>9786630
add rusty and the big guy along with street sharks and we have pretty much the same favorites. their godzilla line wasnt too bad either.
>>
>>9786694
Best thing about the godzilla line was the cup holders they sold. My family used those in the car for years
>>
KFC's AT-ST was another one of those "good enough to be a real toy" ones. Kicking leg action, swiveling guns, turning head, and opening cockpit. That is a wealth of play features, truly one of the best fast food toys I ever got.
>>
>>9786842
this looks almost exactly like the action fleet at-st
>>
>>9786848
The Action Fleet one is more screen-accurate, but I actually like the KFC one better. It has thicker legs and more "cute" proportions.
>>
>McDonald's thread
>Always license shit and action figure 5poa crap

Every time
>>
>>9786869
did you wanna talk about big macs or something?
>>
>>9786869
As was noted earlier in the thread, chains seem to try harder on licensed releases, so those are naturally the ones that would stick in kids' minds the most. If you want to see other lines discussed, start discussing.
>>
>>9786875
no, why should I share quality toys that still get made?
>>
>>9786878
go back to your flimsy super articulated shit
>>
almost any japanese sanrio toys
>>
>>9786894
No thanks brony
>>
>>9786894
what a weeb
>>
>>9786903
Better than your ugly 5poa knock off capeshit
>>
>>9786906
go play with your super articulated anime figures
>>
>>9786869
post better McDo toys than
>>
>>9786909
But would it evoke the same feelings one gets like Kevin Smith crying at a trailer?
>>
Anyone know what the current distribution of McDonald's toys are? My wife really wanted the Disney ride toys and we went to two different McDonald's over a few days and ended up getting 4 of the same figure.
Not sure if it's just shit luck or if all McDonald's in a nearby area have the same shit or it's it like a week by week situation?
>>
>>9787366
my mom wanted to start collecting them and she got 2 happy meals and got goofy on a train in both of them
>>
File: dexlab.jpg (46 KB, 640x480)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
On another note, which fast food toy lines disappointed you guys the most? for me it's the Wendys Dexters Lab line
>>
File: 20220516_195624~2.jpg (578 KB, 2599x1318)
578 KB
578 KB JPG
Went through my zbots to find this set. This was the bunch that were sold at Burger King.
Nearly the same as regular Zbots but there is a key difference. On each of them the legs and arms are one connected piece. Except for the blue one, which does have individual swivel joint legs.
>>
>>9788268
The zbots are probably the weirdest line micro machines ever did
>>
>>9786574
When did they stop having kids meals?

I can vaguely recall a time when Taco Bell and Wendy's had them but those days are long gone.
>>
>>9788267
Anything from Subway
>>
>>9788283
If burger king stopped having them it was only recently. Taco Bell stopped back in the early 2000s
>>
>>9788288
I really thought they might have stopped around the time when America decided fastfood was evil and bad, around the mid-late 00s. The same time when McDonalds started having milk and apple slices and really dialed back the tie-ins. While all but ending the summer movie tie-in stuff.
>>
>>9788290
mcdonalds recently tried doing cardboard toys in the happy meals but it looks like they went straight back to regular plastic ones right after
>>
>>9788267
Has Wendy's or Subway EVER had good toys?

Here, challenge: everyone post your favorite toys from a lesser-known fast food place. Mine is Arbys, who did the "Little Miss/Mr." book characters. Very cute sculpts, proper paint apps where needed, it's perfect.
>>
File: mgzvfPWn8XP6P3VuLhDBc6.jpg (523 KB, 1280x720)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
>>9788296
Okay, look, nobody actually LIKES cardboard toys, but I will argue that these Cuphead ones from Arbys are really not bad. Great out-of-left-field license choice, they look vibrant and fun, and the strong stye gives them a lot of personality. It's still ultimately going in the trash, cause it's cardboard, but these might have survived for a while on my desk first, they're kinda cute.
>>
>>9784313
I had archer and the comms guy
>>
>>9788342
You know what? Taken individually, sure they have a lot of flaws, but this is a truly respectable attempt by McDonalds to reproduce extremely complex designs/toys on a shoestring budget. They even worked metallic paints and clear parts in, pretty amazing stuff.
>>
>>9784457
These were the same deal, but I thought they were so awesome. Big kids meal meant I was eating more food and got cooler shit.
>>
>>9788358
This is a cool ass ad. The artist was clearly just copying from some pretty cheapo toys, hence the awkward poses and flying bricks in back of Rogue and Mystique, but they tried to inject some drama and flavor with the lighting, and they have that lovely physical paint wonkiness. This is just a fantastic looking ad all around, I wish companies would still hire traditional painters to do stuff like this.
>>
>>9788354
Yeah I thought they were awesome. I think I had 7/9. I had a ton of beast wars toys, but I don’t think I had a single beast machines toy, so this is what I had.
>>
>>9788330
the only restaurant that ever did great toys besides mcdonalds and burger king was taco bell
>>
>>9788334
the cardboard toys are gonna last a week or so at the most before they end up ripped or bent
>>
>>9787557
Ah we got the Goofy on expedition everest with the yeti.
Send like locations nearby all have the same toys instead of every store having a random mix, but this could just be anecdotal
>>
>>9788358
the bk big kids meal was fucking awesome back then
>>
File: Mini Streex rerelease.png (1.59 MB, 1472x656)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
A toy so nice, they released it not once, not twice, not thrice.
>>
>>9788449
I had some of those fast food toys that you had to pump to get them going
>>
>>9788342
I never had any of these but it looks like a good set
>>
File: Mini Streex.jpg (438 KB, 1600x1071)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
>>9788468
I found the light blue one at a secondhand shop, a couple years ago. They always reminded me of F-Zero machines.
>>
>>9788503
the blue one with the yellow pump does look straight out of f zero
>>
File: Blue Falcon SNES.png (87 KB, 250x211)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
>>9788524
And the one with the red pump looks a lot like the Blue Falcon.
>>
>>9786895
im a girl
>>
>>9788768
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
Remember when every single disney movie that came out had its own really rock solid mcdonald's toy line? What happened to that? And every one of those movies is still a rock solid classic, but today, disney shits out so much actual garbage, no one even knows whats what anymore. I bet without googling, you have no idea what the current big disney movie fad is anymore. I think frozen was the last time a disney movie had that kind of push, but now its all kinda just blurring together.
>>
>>9788771
You're fucking retarded, McDonald's released action figures for luca that change colour in the water. If you actually gave a shit instead of act like a retarded boomer that complains about crap they no longer follow you wouldn't spout such retarded ideas.
>>
>>9788771
You probably just aren't paying attention anymore because it's not specifically marketed to you. Post-Frozen, we had Big Hero 6, Inside Out, Monsters U, Zootopia, Moana, Coco, Incredibles 3, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Toy Story 4, Onward, Soul, Raya, Luca, Encanto, Ron's Gone Wrong, and Turning Red. The vast majority of these averaged over 90% scores, and there is nothing there under 80%. The advertising and merch pushes for most of these were fairly huge too, I know since I work near a Disney store and saw the rollout each time.

The real reason there are less awesome fast food toylines has already been discussed ITT, after the demonization of fast food and health push, things just haven't been the same again for many chains, and even when we go get awesome ones like >>9788773, it's a real exception and not the norm.
>>
>>9788771
>>9788773
And yeah, you are acting mad boomerish. You even started your post with "remember when..." Calm down gramps, it's time for the nursing home.
>>
Remember when McDonald's made wholesome toys for us epically based millennials? :o
Zoomies will never grow a tremendous boner like I do when thinking about those beautiful things
>>
>>9788784
Based. Fuck zoomers. Besides the qt3.14 20 year old at work I want to marry, and make love to. The rest can fuck off.
>>
>>9783440
I got the Frankenstein's monster one at a thrift shop. Good stuff.
>>
>>9788773
This toyline was not everywhere.
Europe had no Raja, Soul, or even these.
>>
>>9784457
I still have a few of these. The base on SSJ Goku still lights up last time I pulled it out a couple years ago.
>>
File: bk 2003.jpg (32 KB, 480x360)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
There's been various beyblade promotions over the years. Never got to own any but they seem pretty cool.
>>
File: beys.jpg (191 KB, 1280x720)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>9789220
>>
>>9788771
Disney shit always had great kids meal lines because it was a sure thing. When any of the restaurants got a license that was guaranteed big business they would put a lot more effort in on the toys
>>
>>9788780
>Incredibles 3
That hasn't been released yet faggot.
>>
>>9789769
pixar is all sequels now, so it's probably in the pipeline
>>
File: 20220517_183730~2.jpg (974 KB, 2710x2445)
974 KB
974 KB JPG
I can't remember the year McDonald's released Adventure Time toys but this BMO is one of the better overall toys to come from Adventure Time.
>>
>>9788330
>Has Wendy's or Subway EVER had good toys?
unironically the best mario figure up until very recently came from a wendy's set
>>
>>9788358
I remember that set fondly pretty much solely because the toys came with CDs. Something about getting a CD with your food always felt special. Same reason I have so much fondness for stuff like chex quest, or when mcdonalds had a yugioh promo (though frankly I don't even remember what the actual toys were, the card packs and CDs that came with them completely stole the show)
>>
>>9790783
usually in fast food CDs were like the premium item you had to pay extra for and not in the actual kids meal
>>
>>9790773
restaurants like hardees/wendys/subway would get good licenses and waste them with shitty gimmicky toys
>>
anyone got the mighty max series? might have been from mcdonalds
>>
McDonalds W.I.T.C.H. are the closest they will ever get to decent toys. They're even ML scale... fitting seeing as Disney would rather let the brand die off than do anything with it, even their plans to bring it into Marvel never went anywhere. Odd how the "sjw company" lets a team of female characters do nothing.
>>
File: mini heads.jpg (36 KB, 400x400)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>9790856
those mcdonalds mighty max sets remind me of the micro machines star wars mini heads
>>
>>9790783
I only managed to go to McDonalds once for these when they were doin the promo before they sold out. I was hoping for a Cosmo Queen but ended up with a Goddess of Whim which is pretty cool too, I guess.
>>
File: 20220517_184355~2.jpg (1.43 MB, 3933x2231)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>>9783440
This set is also pretty good with the accessories
>>
>>9789220
>no Max
>>
>>9792467
was this set even promoting anything or was it just a random one off thing?
>>
>>9792505
It was just the Halloween promotion that year.
>>
>>9790453
I have that its a great cute toy
>>
>>9788330
>>9790773
Snap was one of my favorite cartoon characters as a kid so i was elated when i got an action figure of him from a wendys kids meal
>>
>>9783440
That creature from the black lagoon figure was one of my favorite toys period, kids meal or not
>>9792505
I think the universal monsters were just kind of a fad at the time
>>
File: Everest train.png (160 KB, 337x450)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>>9788420
I don't like the mountain in the back of the ride. It should've been just the train with yeti, like pic related.
>>
>>9790812
Are you saying the Wendy's Go-Bot line was not flawless?
>>
>>9792673
the line probably would've been better if mconalds or burger king had done it
>>
File: images (3).jpg (8 KB, 193x261)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>9786894
Found these awhile ago and love the little fries
>>
>>9790783
I had Megasonic Eye, Stuffed Animal, Three-Legged Zombie, and Fairy's Gift.
>>
>>9793475
Does anyone remember the commercial for these?
>>
>>9790783
>Frog the Jam

The fuck is that?
>>
>>9793490
hOt FroG LikS JaAm
>>
>>9792742
Did Burger King have a competing toy promotion around 88ish? I only kinda remember their actually starting to try when they invented the kids club around 1990-91
>>
File: gx.jpg (213 KB, 1280x720)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>9790783
I never got any of that set but I had quite a few of the gx ones. The toys would have a slit which made them usable as card holders.
>>
>>9794264
no burger king did those little micro machines z bots a year or so later
>>
>>9794290
>obviously GX season 2 focused
>still includes a yugi deck holder
they've been genwunning since the start jesus
>>
File: 101damatians.jpg (72 KB, 720x405)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
Was this the biggest kids meal toy set ever?
>>
>>9796548
Oh man, you just brought a ton of memories flooding back. Not only of this set specifically, but of how McDonalds would sometimes have these grand events with exciting and lavish promo items. It was really something to look forward to as a kid.
>>
>>9797127
It was mostly for the disney tie ins
>>
Fucking shit man. Fast food toys are awesome. What a wonderful thing of toy past to collect. Very radical my guys.
>>
I'm thinking of a particular series from either McDonalds or Burger King that would have come out in the early to mid 90's. I don't think they were based on a preexisting property. They were robots (maybe?) with googly eyes and came with segmented tubes that could twist and connect them to each other. There must have been 5 or 6 of them in total. I don't remember at all what they were called, but my sister and I played with them a lot.
>>
>>9798908
was it the zbots?
>>
File: Tangle Twist-A-Zoids.jpg (58 KB, 1200x523)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>9798908
Nickelodeon Tangle Twist-A-Zoids.
>>
>>9799533
That's it! Thank you!
>>
>>9799533
These look cool, I didn't get any of them back in the day
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (118 KB, 1000x666)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>9786842
I fucking loved the KFC/Taco Bell Star Wars promotions. 97-99 was a good time to be a kid for the franchise. The little launching podracers were fun. Since I lived in the desert, I use to take them outside and make my own Boonta Eve track.
>>
File: cup toppers.jpg (39 KB, 400x300)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>9799592
Back then I loved the ones that were like a planet and had a scene inside them. I still have the jar jar that sticks his tongue out (which is probably the shittiest toy in the line).

The best thing about the taco bell/kfc/pizza hut episode 1 promotion was the cup toppers. I fucking loved these bad boys back then
>>
>>9799592
>So much Jar Jar representation
>No Obi-wan
>Qui-gon only in one of the tiny dioramas

What a shit assortment.

>>9799638
I still have the R2D2 cup. Best in the set since it actually looks like him.
>>
>>
>>9800040
I'm pretty sure obi wan is also in one of the little dioramas, since that isn't the full set of toys
>>
>>9799592
I forgot about these. I had the tatooine duel diorama sphere thing, I thought that shit was awesome.
>>
>>9800658
the little diorama ones were my favorite
>>
File: mib.jpg (25 KB, 500x375)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
always loved the first burger king men in black toy set
>>
>>9799638
>dat Darth Maul foreshadowing

George Lucas was pure genius.
>>
>>9783440
>>9792467
agreed, these were top teir. Those accessories had cool action features, but besides those they were just straight up 3.75" action figures.

The only other fast food toy I would rank as top teir is the Mario action figure from Wendy's. When I was a kid I always wanted a Mario action figure, and there wasn't any (atleast that I ever saw) and then Wendys has a pretty shitty line of Mario toys except this fucker, this was a legit, solid 5POA action figure on a blister card. It has more personality than anything that the current Mario toy line is putting out.

It's probably the only fast food figure I still have as an adult.
>>
>>9806699
this is probably the only good kids meal toy wendys ever did
>>
>>9792575
The show wasn't great, but that was a godtier character design.
>>
File: kfc pokemon .jpg (79 KB, 800x600)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>9788330
>Here, challenge: everyone post your favorite toys from a lesser-known fast food place.

Everyone remember the Pokemon promo for the first movie at Burger King. but did you know the first Pokemon promo was in 98, just a month or so into the games being imported.
And the choices were absolutely bizarre. Just four beanie baby type plushies,no Pikachu or starters or Meowth or the venerable Poliwhirl, Tajiri's favorite and commons staple of early merch. I wonder how they decided on these choices
>Dratini, because kids like dragons
>Vulpix and Seel for cute factor, foxes and seels are animals girls might like
>Zubat for the cool/edge factor for boys

Or, land/sea/air and mythological animal.
>>
>>9806796
I'm pretty sure I remember those being at KFC and not Burger King
>>
File: maxresdefault (23).jpg (75 KB, 1280x720)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Hardees toys were underappreciated. Also those Tiny Toons Happy Meal toys
>>
>>9806809
Yeah I forgot to specify it in my post even though I put it in my file name. It was weird because you had an animated colonel sanders pitching Pokemon.
>>
>>9806796
when kfc had these I think it was my first introduction into pokemon coming out in america. Before that most people only knew about pokemon from the porygon seizure incident
>>
>>9806818
Those little foot pegs did not last long on mine.
>>
>>9806796
Wow, these are super cute despite the weird choices. I didn't know these even existed, I pretty much only went to McDonalds as a kid and didn't stray often. But I would have loved these.
>>
File: blobb.jpg (53 KB, 555x490)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>9806818
Whoaa, these are really cool. Blob's face and hair are really cracking me up though.
>>
>>9806796
I still have the whole set, but the Seel is my favorite. I would always use him as my Seel of Approval.
>>
>>9807244
the kfc pokemon set flew under the radar since pokemon hadn't blown up in popularity at that point
>>
>>9806818
I want it
>>
>>9783422
Fuck off
>>
File: McDonalds_Smurfs_2011.jpg (97 KB, 803x301)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>9783413
I don't think they were very popular, but these were single-handedly some of the highest quality fast food toys ever made.
>>
File: 1639617541309.png (207 KB, 474x226)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
>>9788267
Zoomer take but the Mcdonald's icarly line. When I was a kid I really wanted Sam's remote and the line didn't even have that.
>>
i was blown away by these being a fast food premium. this came out when LCD games were on their way out, but, were still being sold in the toy sections for at least $10 a pop.
>>
File: tacobellvinyl.jpg (41 KB, 420x361)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>9816907
this is the line I want to collect. I remember /toy/ being pretty bent out of shape about them back in the day.
>>
File: 2197928783-3-1.jpg (73 KB, 625x581)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
there were epic.
>>
after looking up fast food toys, Sonic has a lot of vinyl collectable toys
>>
File: ni6vtw2m7d231.jpg (207 KB, 1000x661)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>>9816934
>>
File: 2020-04-KidRobot.jpg (88 KB, 800x580)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>9816948
>>
>>9816934
>>9816948
>>9816951
Tokidoki and Kidrobot? WTF? I am thoroughly confused by the choices, but also thrilled, those all look great.
>>
>>9788780
>Ralph Breaks the Internet
that movie was actual garbage
>>
>>9819764
Whether or not you liked it, the majority of audiences and critics did, making it a commercial and critical success. Isn't that interesting how our personal opinions can diverge from each other? I didn't like Citizen Kane and the world keeps turning, it's still considered one of the greatest films of all time. It's ok to have a different opinion anon. And it's ok to have it quietly too! You don't always need to be the special snowflake bravely announcing that unlike all the other sheeple, you think Apple Bad!
>>
File: 1632805315473.png (108 KB, 600x800)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>9820418
>you can have your opinion quietly anon, it was a good movie!
this is your brain on disney
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (11 KB, 375x500)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Looks like Chel got a Burger King toy back in the day.
>>
File: Rudy.jpg (29 KB, 400x347)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Rudy from Ice Age 3 Mcdonalds toys.
Cretaceous from Ice age 2 Mcdonalds toys. Lost both of them. Rudy is a truly awesome toy.
>>
>>9824722
that looks pretty high quality
>>
>>9820418
>It's ok to have a different opinion anon. And it's ok to have it quietly too!

He said in his essay of a response to a one sentence opinion.
>>
File: 61rOa9om-mL.jpg (85 KB, 1151x1283)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
I have this mcdonald's toy. Bobert from Gumball.
It doesn't look so bad.
>>
>>9824929
You can get a T-Rex from the Jurassic World line and be one step closer to a conplete cast.
>>
>>9783413
I loved the tiny toons ones from the 90’s..or was it tiny tunes?
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (66 KB, 383x400)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>9783413
I had these two as a kid. I was autisticaly obsessed with this movie and probably watched it atleast 100 times.
>>
>>9825298
Shark boy and lava girl?
>>
>>9783413
That chicken nugget cowboy makes me really want some mcnuggies
>>
>>9816914
Yeah /toy/ was obsessed with these for a while.
>>
File: taco bell chihuahuas.jpg (26 KB, 400x345)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>9816914
I remember collecting a bunch of these from Taco Bell They definitely caused an uproar with the kidrobot community, iirc they accused these of copying designs of existing Dunny figures.

I don't know if I still have a couple in storage but one of my favorite Taco Bell promotions were the talking chihuahua plush they sold
>>
>>9826129
I used to have all of these
>>
>>9826129
Taco Bell dogs??
>>
>>9824800
The repaints make it look (without a great deal of exaggeration) better than almost any piece of Mattel Jurassic Park figure/toy. I am surprised it does not receive more of a little cult following of posters. The articulation is what you may expect from Mcdonalds toy. Detail is sparse, design is simple. However, I am early 20s and saw the film at a young age and I love dinosaurs; this design appeals to me greatly and I hold nostalgia for it which warps my objectivity on the matter.
That said, I think it is truly a nice figure, and if it were copied, upscaled, added a few more poa and detailed it more with paint and textures, it would go down in history alongside Gorgon the Gorgosaurus or similar amazing figures.
>>
>>9783430
That is so dope
>>
>>9826418
you don't remember the taco bell chihuahua?
>>
>>9826418
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2w66bdSJOg
>>
>>9789220
I remember having a crush on the girl
>>
>>9825298
I got like 3 lava girls and 20 sharkboys
>>
>>9784455
Sounds about right.
>>
>>9790773
I had the one where he was in his kart from double dash, I think it was my first introduction to mario kart, I fucking loved that toy and it’s one of the few fast food toys I would genuinely purchase today.
>>
>>9824722
Fuck yeah, the Sabre tooth tiger one that flips is also sick.
>>
>>9825298
Something about that lava girl toy really fascinated me as a kid, didn’t it light up or something?
>>
>>9844106
>no Luigi
>>
>>9844213
I wasn’t even aware of double dash back then so I didn’t care lol
>>
>>9824557
Hotglue when
>>
Since I feel like the mctoran are cheating, I'll go with the Power Rangers that came in Micronaut robot coffins that combine into a megazord. These were my only exposure to Power Rangers and they were still very fun toys on their own.
>>
File: fastmacs.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
Hyper oldfag coming through. Please don't bump into me my hip is bad.
>>
>>9788503
I had some of these, but I didn't know about F-Zero at the time. When I did learn about F-Zero, I thought they were toys based on the game
>>
>>9853155
oh yeah these things were fucking sick

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.