[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 59 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Previous thread: >>9770030 #

>Bonebreaker and Thor Love & Thunder waves hitting random online and physical stores.

>New Marvel Haslab Confirmed, Likely Later This Year: https://marvelousnews.com/252-30637

Multiverse of Madness is officially out for a week now. Try to keep spoilers light if at all possible.

>Updated Marvel Legends Checklist: https://imgur.com/a/YAVUq40

>Database For Marvel Legends: https://figurelist.co/marvel-legends-checklist/

>Mostly Current List Categorizing ML Body Types(>fwoosh, open to alternatives): https://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=93182
>>
>>9782270
Any word on more X-Force 3-packs with Rictor after the DisneyStore screwup?

Any rumor on the remaining 2 Walgreens Villains?
>>
>>9782270
Heads up, a few of the Bonecrusher wave figs are still up on Gamestop right now for $22.99. I snagged the Wolverine I wanted, anyone else get anything? Any sign of the Controller wave yet?
>>
So right now

>Most of the Eternals Wave on sale at anywhere still unfortunate to have them in stock (Prices seem to be anywhere from $11.99 to $6.99)
>Target seems to have already put Strange MoM Wave on sale
(I've picked up America for $11.49; another anon i believe saw it for the same $6.99 the Eternals wave stuff has been. Unclear if its just them cleaning out stock or if they've been inventoried as Eternals stuff)
>Thor wave should be stocking soon?
A few weeks ago a Walmart thats closing had the entire wave out on the shelves but they couldn't sell them as they were register locked. I haven't seen any new ones anywhere else except those shitty new Thor figures at Target. i haven't seen anyone really posting about finding them so either no one cares or they're still not out generally yet.

When is Bonebreaker wave coming? they're not going to try to have 2 waves out at the same time are they? And is Thor/Bonebreaker supposed to last us through the summer? Are the 60th Anniversary Spidey stuff going to even be at retail at this point?
>>
>>9782408
>When is Bonebreaker wave coming?
GameStop has a few in stock right now.
>>
>>9782408
I saw the Thor figures in the claims room like 2ish weeks ago at my store. But they are on shelves at 3 different stores. Eternals clearance price varies, saw some shrieks and morluns out too.
>>
File: spider hulk may.jpg (469 KB, 1751x549)
469 KB
469 KB JPG
Found a Spider Hulk for 50 with the gimmick on the back not working at all. Its a bit beat up but its better than his going rate right now.

I'm hoping for a new accurate one in the future but I actually adore this version.
>>
>>9782356
No idea re: X-Force, I hate that so many people missed out on it because it’s a great set.

The rumor I’ve seen for the Walgreens stuff was: Zemo, Jigsaw, Madame Masque, and Baron Mordo. I’m really hopeful that’s the case, I like those options.
>>
someone sell me the walgreens moon knight for retail, please. thank you.
>>
File: FSpPtVTWIAIJmID.jpg (364 KB, 1429x1000)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
>>
>>9782492
It's apostrophes, dummy.
>>
>>9782510
kek at the pathetic censor on the alt head.
>>
>>9782510
looks amazing, hope Mafex is as swamped with accessories like this.
>>
>>9782511
Leave that shit in the other thread, dummy.
>>
>>9782489
I'm willing to bet the X-Force set will still return, there's no way Pulse sold enough to make back the molding costs

>Madame Masque, and Baron Mordo
Zemo was great, Jigsaw looks good. Madame Masque sounds fair, but Mordo really belongs in a main wave not a heavily scalped exclusive. Happy to get him, either way.
>>
File: cappy.jpg (324 KB, 942x1006)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
Posted this elsewhere, but finally got my last case of these guys in, bringing my total to about 60. Gonna wait until stores run out and they hit about $120 on eBay and unload them.
>>
>>9782647
That's great anon.
>>
>>9782653
I saw someone else talking about their investments and figured(lol) I'd take a stab at it.
>>
>>9782408
>Are the 60th Anniversary Spidey stuff going to even be at retail at this point?
They never were.

Thor ML stuff won't be hitting Target. Other stores have already gotten them, but most stores should be in the next week or two. Bonebreaker is probably later, they seem to be doing that half-wave release thing. Though Gamestop is notorious for getting them online before others.
>>
symbiotes are hackneyed
>>
>>9782647
prepare to play the long wait. meanwhile, calculate your losses the longer you hold onto them, the final value fees, shipping, etc.
>>
>>9782661
That's great, anon.
>>
>>9782270
>hear hasbro made an mcu winter soldier
>it's an exclusive
Oh, come the fuck on.
>>
>>9782664
It'll be July. I'm much smarter than you and that's about long enough for every major online retailer to get their stock and sell out of it. I did these calculations months ago.
>>
>>9782671
An online exclusive. You can get it everywhere. It's on Amazon for retail right now with one day shipping, crybaby bitch.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0957XFY97?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_DFJZ4CD25WC2WE2YPM90
>>
>>9782672
mmmkay. good luck at any rate.
>>
>>9782677
He doesn't need luck, anon. He did the calculations lol
>>
>>9782676
The only way it can get to my country is through DHL and they always take your packages hostage over here.
>>
>>9782683
Then that's a living-in-a-third-world-country problem
>>
>>9782647
I hope fags like you lose out on money in the long run
>>
>>9782690
It's just a side hobby but I'm profiting about 11K this year so far off it. You can do it too anon, just need like $500 in seed money.
>>
>>9782704
I really don't need extra money nearly bad enough to rip people off. I guess enjoy being a scum sucker though, you do you.
>>
>>9782710
To each their own!
>>
>>9782647
Why?

Surely you realize there will be a pinnless classic cap with butterflys…..along with a mafex.

I don’t want the cap on my shelf now. I’m ready to upgrade
>>
>>9782795
Those are all at least a year away. Believe me, I'm looking forward to grabbing those Mafex Caps.
>>
>>9782672
>I did these calculations months ago.
Didja factor in the PRODUCTION RUN numbers, buddy? You're sitting on another Retro Rogue situation...
>>
>>9782647
Post all 60 if you want to be believed.
>>
>>9782880
dude, he's much smarter than us.
>>
>>9782872
Yes and no, I won't.
>>
>>9782901
You have access to their production run numbers. Numbers they never give out. Hmmm....
>>
Just got Titanium Man. He is a hefty boy. Diamond coming out with any more large figures that can fit in with ML (that Hasbor hasn;t already done)?
>>
>>9783150
Apocalypse soonish if I'm not mistaken.
>>
File: A6G8koq[1].png (539 KB, 1531x1206)
539 KB
539 KB PNG
>>9783150
The guy from Diamond posts on fwoosh. The "big guy" he teases will be announced some time next week. Not sure about the Apocalypse reveal or the X-Man.
>>
>>9783175
More info from Zach Oat
>the big guy is not a deep cut character or reissue
>says the MS facebook group will not like the choice like they hated Titanium Man when it was first announced
>people will love the X-Man
>more Fantastic Four on the way
>>
>>9783180
Big Guy is Onslaught
>>
>>9783180
Has Select ever done Sentinel? I'd like one that's Titanium Man size. Feel like Hasbro won't do one for a long time due to the Haslab.
>>
>>9783197
No, but it would be welcome. It's easy to forget the Sentinels were only like 9 feet tall when they first appeared.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (160 KB, 1280x720)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>9783197
>>9783233
An MvC Sentinel or even Contest of Champions one would be great.
>>
>>9783180
What more can they do from the Fantastic Four???

They largely shit the bed with Reed and Susan, and the villains (with the exception of Dr. Doom, and even then, the Super Skrull version is objectively better) have been hardcore pegwarming here.
>>
>>9783233
Their level of articulation would be fine for a large robot too. Speaking of Selects do they reissue Carnage ever?
>>
>>9783244
>MvC
Yes fucking please.
>>
>>9783180
Would LOVE a comic-accurate Crimson Dynamo. Not sure what that POS was in the Black Widow wave.
>>
>>9783252
If it's popular enough they will. Just in the last few months, they've reissued Venom and Hulk.
>>
>>9783249

I have a feeling Diamond will be the only one who will give me a "Pineapple"/ Mutated Thing. I'm one of three people who want that variant.

>>9783262

Me too but the more notable second version. I think, like Beetle, had a second form that was more famous.
>>
File: Chitauri.png (3.41 MB, 1920x1080)
3.41 MB
3.41 MB PNG
They'll never get their own ML will they?
>>
>>9783297
you could get some mice from the pet store, decapitate them, and stick their decomposing heads on white wandavision vision or something i guess.
>>
>>9783244
>>9783254
Can they even do a MvC Sentinel or do they have to pay Capcom royalties for it?
>>
File: 1.jpg (149 KB, 750x1158)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>9783311
t.
>>
File: MvsC-1.jpg (592 KB, 1024x682)
592 KB
592 KB JPG
>>9783244
Anything MVC would be welcome desu. It's been a while.
>>
>>9783338
Isn’t capcom dead?
>>
>>9783365
No?
>>
>>9782270
Why has Hasjew not made a new updated version of Blob? Are they afraid of the fat shaming bullshit?
>>
>>9783338
>Marvel tax
>Capcom tax
would mvc anons be ok with 26.99/28.99 for an mvc repaint or would it take new sculpts?
>>
>>9783432
As we discussed a few threads ago, MVC fans want new molds.
>>
>>9783432
As long as War Machine is based on the artwork and isn't a reuse of the Modular Iron Man, because that's objectively inaccurate.
>>
>>9783432
I didn't care for the game that much but a Ultron Sigma Marvel Legends or anything really would rule.
>>
File: newbuck.png (2.1 MB, 1366x768)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB PNG
For anyone interested in seeing the new vulcan buck alongside sunfire and buckycap.

I'm looking forward to seeing more figures use this.
>>
>>9783524
So that body is going to be the new "go to" body? The scale is creep is real. He's too big for someone like Daredevil, but a new cyclops on that body would be sick.
>>
File: Mvc2-warmachine.png (22 KB, 344x224)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>9783485
Don't you start that shit again. More people remember the sprite than the artwork.
>>
>>9783573
buckycap isn't being shelved immediately. they've said this in interviews. something to the effect of they'll use the right parts for the right characters/figures
>>
>>9783524
I hope they have a skinny version at least on the legs, you can see the point when they become too thick for most characters. Also goddamn that swivel at the waist, that shit breaks the sculpt in such a shit way.
>>
>>9783644
This new buck should have been ab swivel with waist crunch.
>>
File: lok.jpg (264 KB, 719x889)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>9782270
decided to pick up classic female Loki, need a Femme fatale for my rouges gallery
>>
>>9783577
??? And? Just because more people remember the sprite, doesn't mean it's not objectively wrong to repaint Modular Iron Man. War Machine being a copy of Iron Man was more about devs being lazy and shitting out a "new" character than nostalgia.

Just take the Deluxe War Machine and repaint to better represent picrel
>>
File: War Machine comp.jpg (132 KB, 1072x898)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>9783841
>>
>>9783841
I’d be fine with either look honestly. Genuinely makes no difference to me. That being said, I need Venom to be bright blue.
>>
>>9783890
You know it's just going to be this right, Hasbro won't even kitbash a new one, they're that lazy.
>>
>>9783890
I really like the look of this but I know people would be disappointed if its all we get.
>>
>>9783338
My Mega Man's head turned purple.
>>
>>9783898
The one on the left is basically just a repaint, you’d just have to remove the guns in the torso. Thought about just customizing it myself but I try not to do stuff Hasbro might eventually do.

>>9783902
People might not like it but I would love it lol
>>
>>9783943
Can we just get a modular that is matte red and yellow like the AI, retro and maefx. I hate this fucking metalic paint.
>>
>>9783957
Only if the Yellow is Golden like the 20th anniversary.

A.I. Iron Man looks like literal cheap dogshit because of that Banana Yellow they use.
>>
Can't believe people seriously want Hasbro to reuse the Modular Iron Man just for MVC War Machine instead of basing it on the actual artwork.

All of you are hypocrites. Shit on hasbro for reuses while wanting them to reuse
>>
>>9783971
>thinking they wouldn’t just reuse the existing war machine to match the artwork
>>
>>9783974
At least that reuse makes way more sense than reusing modular iron man because MUH SPRITES
>>
>>9783969
I personally prefer the metallic paint. In 3D, it doesn't make sense for the colors to be flat. For comic art, they were limited with what they could print with so they made due. The gold they used for the 80th Iron Man is literally perfect. I wish they used it for Modular and the new Model 70.
>>
>>9784019
I agree. I always prefer my Iron Men to have Metallic Red and Gold paints. I do plan on customizing the 20th anniv to be Metallic Red/Gold one day. Just learning now how to disassemble a Marvel Legend starting with the 80th anniversary Iron Man, and might experiment with better paint to see how it looks.

Red/Yellow is just objectively wrong and I don't understand why comic stans are being pigheaded about it. Especially when IM is called the "Golden Avenger."
>>
>>9783977
Use Deluxe War Machine's torso and Modulars legs. There, perfect artwork War Machine figure. You'd also be able to use the deluxe accessories with it.
>>
>>9783616
>something to the effect of they'll use the right parts for the right characters/figures
they've always said this and rarely actually do it
>>
>>9784078
I wish the 20th one had been metallic. I’m fine with Classic and Modular getting a one off “yellow” variant but the rest need to be metallic, if only because that’s what we’ve gotten so far. Stealth and Silver Centurion would look dumb as hell if they weren’t metallic.

>>9783977
What’s the argument here? Sprites bad, artwork good? It’s completely opinionated. Some people have preference for one, some for the other, but acting like people are crazy for wanting the opposite of what you would personally prefer is stupid.

>>9784104
Then it would be inaccurate to the art and the sprites. Look at >>9783843, the sculpt matches the art, it just needs to be repainted to match, like the picture I attached.
>>
>>9784078
I much prefer metallics on Iron Man but I have to say, there is something pleasant about the red and yellow on the 20th Anniversary toy.

What I really want is for Hasbro to stick with one shade of red and gold. It's like they go out of their way to make every new figure a slightly different colour from the last. They nailed it with 80th, just keep doing that.
>>
>>9784137
>What’s the argument here?
That sprites are not the correct representation of the character in MVC. Even in-game there is artwork displaying War Machine in the correct layout. This is not a matter of preference.
>>
>>9783485
Shut up autist, people want the sprites
>>
>>9784200
The real autist are people who want the sprites when the artwork is the objective correct character take.
>>
>>9783573
It's the new go-to body. But they're slowly phasing out the old ones. They'll probably do like they did with D'Spayre and Sleepwhatever and put new dark horse figures on the old body to get more use, and hopefully new versions of characters like DD(which they heavily hinted at) or Cap will be here. Just don't expect it to be overnight.
>>
>>9783761
How are you liking her, anon? I got her for a custom, went a different way before she arrived so she's just sitting unopened until I feel like it.
>>
>>9784177
People want the sprites, spaz. Deal with it. Thankfully if they ever do it that's what we'll get too, so you lose both ways.
>>
>>9784210
You are begging a billion dollar company to reuse a mold from a character that does not fit what War Machine is. Just because of sprites that lazy devs couldn't be arsed to fix. This is how autistic you sound right now.

You shit on Hasblow for less egregious reuse than MIM for MVC WM
>>
>>9784204
No, the real autists are people who say things like “objective correct” about their personal preference. You see the sprites when you play the game, not the promotional artwork, so someone preferring sprites is totally reasonable, and to act otherwise makes you sound like a tool.
>>
>>9784252
>You shit on Hasblow for less egregious reuse than MIM for MVC WM
You’ve invented a boogeyman just so you can get mad about being “persecuted.” Cry more.
>>
>>9784252
I personally don't care about reuse, so your strawman doesn't work.
>>
File: MVC.png (396 KB, 1280x979)
396 KB
396 KB PNG
>>9784265
>You see the sprites when you play the game, not the promotional artwork
>Picrel
>>
>>9784286
I take solace in knowing if it ever happens you aren't going to get what you want, no matter how much you screech.
>>
>>9784291
>Point got debunked
>Has to shift to "HAHA UR NOT GETTING WHAT YOU WANT"

I mean, I'm very happy with the deluxe War Machine that I have. If I want to, I can just repaint the legs to better match MVC artwork. Just pointing how hypocritical some of you guys are in begging reuse when it doesn't suit the character, but shit on Hasblow for doing the same shit to others.
>>
File: 1651187419687.png (461 KB, 720x719)
461 KB
461 KB PNG
Figures when?
>>
>>9784311
Of Captain Carter & Reed, hopefully soon
>>
>>9784286
Oh my bad dude, you only see the sprites for 99% of the time in game. We should totally get a figure based on the brief cutscene you see.
I hope we get the sprite repaint out of spite at this point.
>>
>>9784301
>Just pointing how hypocritical some of you guys are in begging reuse when it doesn't suit the character, but shit on Hasblow for doing the same shit to others.
Literally no one does this, you’ve just invented someone to be mad at.
>>
>>9784322
The only people who do this are trolls that come in to say things like "Hasblow".
>>
>>9783524
Pretty much cyclops real body
>>
>>9783943
Fucking simps
>>
>>9784322
How many times have we seen anons crap on Hasblow for Bucky Cap reuse (even if the reuse made sense), or are you gonna act like that never happened.
>>
>>9784318
I hope they give the black Captain Marvel her thiccness. Same with Carter.
>>
>>9784311
Imagine wanting figures of the most retarded group of superheroes to have ever graced the screen. The illuminati were utter dogshit in MoM compared to the comics.
>>
>>9784342
>didn't watch the movie
>screeching because his usual "sjws bad" reviewer told him to
>>
>>9784344
>"didn't watch the movie"
>Illuminati imprisoning 616 Strange because of what happened in 838
>Assumes 616 must operate similarly without any evidence just because his name is Dr. Strange
>Doesn't take Wanda seriously despite Strange claiming that she's a significant threat
>Reed: "This is Black Bolt, and if he opens his mouth, you will face his wrath"
>Allows her to completely dismantle and make a joke out of them
>Anon ironically screeches about "SJW bad" when that wasn't the reason why I called them the most retarded group of heroes to grace the screen
>>
All you MvCfags crack me up, arguing over what shitty repaint you want. Just know that whichever one Hasbro makes it will be objectively worse than the one we already have.
>>
>>9784336
I’m going to continue to act like you need to post a source for your incessant whining about hypocrites, yes. If you can’t see the difference between “twenty different characters shouldn’t use the same ten year old mold” and “war machine could be a repainted iron man since that’s how he looked in the game”, you need to drop the keyboard permanently.
>>
>>9784356
Facts. And it won't have the effect pieces either with the prices going up. Imagine paying more for a shit gaming repaint.
>>
>>9784359
>If you can’t see the difference between “twenty different characters shouldn’t use the same ten year old mold” and “war machine could be a repainted iron man since that’s how he looked in the game”, you need to drop the keyboard permanently.

Except I'm literally saying that reusing the MIM mold isn't suitable for WM, are you retarded or something LOL
>>
>>9784356
Let's be real, the only reason to give a shit about Marvel is to remember when they were Marvel and not Mousevel. For a lot of people, the Capcom games were a big part of that golden age (and Capcom has similarly degraded since then, so you got nostalgia hitting both ways)
>>
File: 61NlVSohC6L._AC_.jpg (56 KB, 404x500)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>9784204
Based and truth-pilled.
>>
>>9784356
Honestly I'm more than happy to use this as my MvC WM. He's almost identical outside of some colors on his legs. He looks fantastic and is a great figure. I wonder if someone on the team has a WM boner since he was so good.
>>
File: 20220514_195114.jpg (478 KB, 1536x2048)
478 KB
478 KB JPG
hey headdie-anon, have you seen this new big headed freak to add to your collection?
>>
>>9784350
Did they kill Reed off unceremoniously? If so, that's really sticking it to Marvel's white patriarch and First Family. Xavier also to a lesser extent.
>>
>>9784485
Damn, did you get yours from GameStop? They shipped out my Wolverine this morning, it says I should get him on Monday but FedEx has been super weird lately so I dunno when he'll actually show up.
>>
>>9784485
The more I look at him the more he looks like Mr. Hyde's skinny brother
>>
>>9784507
that picture is from twitter but i did find one in gamestop a last sunday
>>
>>9784513
Neat that the Bonebreaker wave is hitting already. Didn't expect that. I wonder if Controller will start hitting soon.
>>
>>9784485
tiny Sabretooth is tiny
>>
>>9784485
You sound like a faggot
>>
>>9784546
Takes one to know one
>>
File: Sabertooth__scaled_600.jpg (105 KB, 600x872)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>9784485
Looks like shit.

I wish they could just slap on some modern articulation on the old Select version.
>>
>>9784620
If nothing else, they should at least make future Sabretooth figures with the AoA version's beefier body. The new one using such a slim buck (is that Grim Reaper?) is such a baffling decision. I'd understand if this was meant to represent his first appearance and he was drawn with a slimmer build back then before beefing up later (as has happened with a lot of characters) but Sabretooth was pretty beefy from the beginning. They should've at least kept the Hyperion body.
>>
>>9784504
It was Richards' own fault. For a smart guy, he was absolutely retarded. Not only did he tell Wanda what Black Bolt's power was, but tried to negotiate against someone who clearly didn't give a fuck and was ready to kill
>>
>>9784620
this one is readily available again, and it's always going to look better than whatever hasbro attempts if you really want one
>>
>>9782690
why? if he bought cases directly then hes not "stealin muh toys" and theres none of that "muh empty pegs" to worry about
>>
>>9784643
im admittedly an articulation fag so it doesnt do it for me in that regard.
>>
File: ML Sabertooth02.jpg (155 KB, 527x768)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>9784620
This one also looks like shit.

Hasbro's best Sabertooth is from their 1:18 line.
Best Sabertooth in general is Toy Biz's.
>>
>>9784683
>ToyBiz
Honestly, that one is still too skinny. And that soft sculpt has aged like milk.
>>
>>9784620
I wish the paint on the actual figure looked this good
>>
>>9784690
it's not far from it
>>
>>9784695
Any pics? I keep wanting to get one but only one anon has posted pics and they weren't great.
>>
>>9784699
i haven't pulled mine out in years but i'll look for it if nobody beats me to it
>>
>>9784318
>Captain Carter & Reed, hopefully soon
If they get new figures before NWH I will throw a banana at Hasbro
>>
>>9784318
Why would they waste time doing a Captain Carter when What If variant is a perfect approximation?
>>
>>9784428
Yeah, and you’re saying people who think it’s fine also complain about Bucky cap mold reuse. Which I’m saying is completely fine because the two aren’t comparable. Try to keep up.
>>
>>9784750
Except they are. Your only argument for why MIM mold reuse is justified is because you take the sprite of the game at face value, and completely disregard everything else (artwork within the game, the character selection screen, the character portraits when beating a stage, etc)

Idk why you continue to die on this hill when you can't just admit that the only reason War Machine is an IM recolour in the context of MVC, was because Capcom couldn't be bothered to re-design a new character and literally thought "oh let's recolour Iron Man and call that War Machine." Just because that happened, doesn't mean we should just be okay with Hasbro reusing the MIM mold.
>>
>>9784749
The hair is different and she should have a realistic depiction instead of the stylized What If look. Not the person you’re replying to, I could just see why someone might want a new one. She looks a little weird next to Mordo and Professor X, etc.
>>
>>9784754
To correct myself, the entire thing started because Capcom initially wanted Iron Man but there were some issues with Marvel permitting him to be used in games, so they took the existing asset and recoloured it as War Machine since it was the next closest thing.
>>
>>9784754
>Idk why you continue to die on this hill when you can't just admit that the only reason War Machine is an IM recolour in the context of MVC, was because Capcom couldn't be bothered to re-design a new character and literally thought "oh let's recolour Iron Man and call that War Machine." Just because that happened, doesn't mean we should just be okay with Hasbro reusing the MIM mold.
Literally never refuted the sprite reuse, you’re just continuing to read waaaay too much into what I actually said lmao
I want the sprite because I like how it looks. It’s that simple. I’m not going to fly into a rage if we get the artwork based one, I just don’t think one version is objectively correct just due to capcom’s lack of effort. I also think if Hasbro could sell us both, they would try. A sprite version of the character being made isn’t crazy; that’s how they’ll make their money back on that brand-new mold. I don’t care to hold them accountable for being “lazy” because it’s a version I want, and there’s nothing wrong with that aside from personal preference. You’re not going to convince me otherwise.
>>
>>9782270
Hasjew still hasn’t made 90s Morph, 90s Jim Lee Sabertooth(good one), Blob, Mimic, Holocaust, Marrow, Avalanche and Exodus. Instead we get the bullshit MCU and comix characters no one wants. Lol
>>
>>9784767
Nobody wants Morph, dude.
>>
File: sabretooth compare.jpg (148 KB, 1024x768)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>9784684
IF that's a soft sculpt, do you consider Diamond's to be a child's quality mush face then? Even the 1:18 Wolverine movie figure has a sharper sculpt than Diamond's.

Also, the original ML version is better than both Hasbro's ML and Diamond's.
>>
>>9784771
Just like no one wanted Jean Grey or retro Doom right? Say that to the ones selling for a lot of money retard. Don’t you faggots hate being wrong all the time? Lol
>>
>>9784781
It's one dude who throws an autistic fit every time Morph is brought up for some weird reason
>>
i swear if any of you retards argue with subby over this and ruin yet another thread you will be cursed for all eternity
>>
>>9784777
The one on the right looks best imo
>>
>>9784811
Wrong.
>>
>>9784820
No u
>>
>>9784749
That one's too cartoony.
>>
Hey everyone I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Tanner and I'm gonna be running the marvel threads from now on. Don't worry I'll be updating the OP everytime with helpful and relevant information! Thanks.
>>
>>9783969
>>9784019
>>9784078
>>9784137
>>9784173

I just want an iron that is the same colour they used used in the comic and cartoon. Is that too much to ask?

Thors hair is "golden" but its not fucking metallic.
>>
>>9784777
Damn. That select on the right looks perfect.
>>
>>9784893
If he had modern articulation, or even torso articulation, he'd be an instant buy.
>>
>>9784893
>>9784894
honestly if he just had better ankles it'd be acceptable, but with those its mostly just annoying.
>>
>>9784311
Why the fuck would anyone want this dead-eyed sheboon?
>>
File: 20220514_151500.jpg (2.51 MB, 4032x3024)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB JPG
I do enjoy the new paint apps on Ulik.
>>
>>9784892
>Thors hair is "golden" but its not fucking metallic.
People refer to blondes as goldies or goldielocks all the time. They're not saying his hair is literally gold, just that he's blond. You're very autistic,p anon# and your insistence on the flat colors prove it.
>>
>>9784936
He's definitely an improvement
>>
>>9784975
I don't give a fuck what is referred, inferred, interpreted. Etc.

I see yellow, I want yellow.

That is the least autistic you can be. Fagotts trying to justify gold is fucking ridulous.
>>
>>9784620
I just got this and am liking it. Sure he could have better articulation, but he has size and shelf presence.
>>
>>9785073
Yup. Definitely the autism. How often do you see bright banana colored metal in real life? Also, you spelled faggot wrong. Just proving goldchads right.
>>
>>9784892
>>9784975
Fellas please. First of all these are easy repaints, so there's a good chance Hasbro makes both. Second of all, it's retarded to call anyone in a comic book action figure collecting thread autistic. No shit dude, you're here too.
>>
>>9785076
He is only shown gold in modern comics and films. If that's the version then I am cool since it's accurate.

Mafex got it right with their version as it is accurate to the art.

End of.
>>
File: 1652624430612.jpg (26 KB, 360x450)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>9785084
>He is only shown gold in modern comics and films
If you insist.
>>
>>9785093
Are you blind anon. That's fucking yellow
>>
File: gold.png (1.81 MB, 1622x728)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB PNG
>>
>>9785073
I guess “silver centurion” should be white then, eh?
>>
>>9785116
can you see that its not the same colour?

i dont care what it's "supposed to be".

sue storm is supposed to be completely invisible, but is drawn with a faint outline so we can see her.

pitch darkness where the character can't see is still drawn light enough so the reader can see.

glass is often drawn opaque even though it is see through.

people are welcome to their own interpretations, but objectively what is actually drawn is most accurate.
>>
>>9785118
The White Surfer is my favorite herald.
>>
>>9785073
Just say you don’t understand what shading is and go lol
>>
>>9785118
It'd be pretty cool looking if it was
>>
>>9785118
Das racist.
>>
>>9785118
>>9785125
yes. both would look objectively better and closer to the art if they were white/grey shaded with blue accents.
>>
>>9785139
They are white shaded with blue accents. Just look at the picture. That’s how they did silver back in the day.
>>
>>9784485
BACK TO FORMULA?!
>>
>>9785141
Exactly. That's how the figures should be painted. Not using horrible looking metalic silver paints/plastic.
>>
>>9785120
Meh. It's fine in 2D but on a 3D figure it just looks weird and frankly cheap. Same reason I don't like cel shading on statues and figures. It just doesn't interpret correctly in a 3D space. You're fine to like what you want but this utter insistence that everyone else is wrong is most certainly a sign of autism.
>>
>>9785197
I'm not insisting I'm right. I'm stating the facts. A color is used in the art and that color should be used on the figure.

If its the new design like the controller wave iron man then the metallic paint more closely resembles the art and thats fine.

But classic ironman is yellow.
>>
File: 1652631614587.jpg (33 KB, 220x327)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>9785214
>I'm not insisting I'm right
>I'm stating the facts.
Pick one

>A color is used in the art and that color should be used on the figure.
You mean for art that is incosistent even within the same issue? How many different shades of yellow and red has Iron Man been colored over the years?

>But classic ironman is yellow.
I guess you just don't understand what shading is?
>>
>>9785214
You got your classic yellow iron man already. Insisting the rest of the suits aren’t gold isn’t stating a fact, it’s you not understanding how comic book art techniques work.
>>
>>9784924
She's thicc
>>
File: GoldenAvengers.jpg (196 KB, 600x921)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>9785214
No, you're not stating the fact at all. You're acting like your erroneous interpretation of the comic art is fact.

Read Picrel, Iron Man is coloured in that autistic Red/Yellow and yet, the blurb clearly labels him as a golden avenger.
>>
>>9784757
Sounds like bullshit, why did they allow IM back in MvC2?
>>
>>9785379
Just because he's in MVC2, doesn't mean there weren't issues in trying to get him in MVC, MSH, etc.
>>
>movie designs are garbage and not iconic
>comic autists proceed to argue over which iron man or war machine is the best design and what color is shown.
>>
>>9785214
You poor guy, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for you to see classic armor drawn in modern comics as red and gold.

BTW the only fact regarding Iron Man being coloured yellow is limitations in the printing process of the time. Artistic intent was always for the character to be red and gold as >>9785376 kindly demonstrates.
>>
>>9785376
>Read Picrel, Iron Man is coloured in that autistic Red/Yellow
thank you for proving my point.

>>9785223
>>9785397
>using modern post millennium art to support your argument when I already said that he is gold in the new art.

call it a retcon (due to artistic limitations) if it helps you sleep at night, but that's like saying trunks hair was incorrectly colored purple in DBZ because they didn't have any green paint. you can correct it later on, but it doesn't change the fact that it was purple then.

ironman was YELLOW then.

you're all losing this argument hard. I'd just give up.
>>
>>9785449
>but that's like saying trunks hair was incorrectly colored purple in DBZ because they didn't have any green paint
Technically his hair is colored blue in the manga. So depending on what version you're referring to, yes his anime color hair is wrong.

>you're all losing this argument hard. I'd just give up.
Says the autistic man who doesn't understand how shading works.
>>
>>9785449
>>9785449
>call it a retcon
It's not a retcon when Iron Man was always envisioned to be gold. Is your argument seriously that printing limitations are more important that artistic intent?

>I'd just give up
Yes, you really should, you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>9785456
but who want a Z trunks with blue hair?

>>9785456
you keep repeating yourself but it means nothing. my point stands. classic ironman was colored yellow in the comics.
>>
>>9785468
>but who want a Z trunks with blue hair?
Fans of the manga.

>you keep repeating yourself
So do you. You autistically insisting that he's yellow despite multiple things like shading, highlighting, and him outright being named the Golden Avenger, doesn't mean he actually is.

You are autistic son.
>>
>>9785467
>Is your argument seriously that printing limitations are more important that artistic intent?

yes. precisely. this man gets it.

take black bolt as another example. there's always been the debate with black characters whether they are blue or black.

black bolt is clearly supposed to be black. it's even in his name. the modern version is completely black. yet who wants a classic black bolt not to be blue???
>>
>>9785477
I don't because comic book style shading on 3D models never really looks right. Especially since those blue highlights are supposed to be the light bouncing off his costume. If you want something like this in plastic form, a super dark, almost black, metallic looking blue would look good. Maybe something iridescent even.
>>
>>9785491
so not black? even thought that was the artists intent?

so now we are picking and choosing what colors figures should be based on personal preferences?

complete double standard. gotcha.
>>
>>9785477
Black Bolt should be black, as was the original intent.
>>
>>9785523
should be, but wasn't

case adjourned.
>>
>>9785535
You're still arguing print limitation above artistic intent then?
>>
>>9785507
>so now we are picking and choosing what colors figures should be based on personal preferences?
That's how Hasbro does it. They chose 80th Iron Man to be gold and 20th to be yellow. They also chose Modular Iron Man to be gold, even though by your logic it should have been yellow.
>>
>>9785557
yep. and my original statement was >>9783957

i just want a yellow and red modular bros. is that too much to ask?
>>
>>9782647
This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. SIXTY units? You're expecting to unload sixty units on eBay once they hit $120 and having the price stay at $120?
>>
>>9785565
Hasbro already told you no
>>
>>9785449
>thank you for proving my point.

Are you too retarded and illiterate to read the bubble where it says "Presenting: The Raw, Pulsating Power of the Great Golden Avenger"

Congratulations, you played yourself
>>
>>9785583
but you said it yourself. he's colored red and yellow.
>>
File: ASM-252-03.jpg (770 KB, 1132x1508)
770 KB
770 KB JPG
>>9785477
>there's always been the debate with black characters whether they are blue or black.

Because the debate was always retarded. People take comic shading so literally when all it is, is demonstrating how light is bouncing off the costume. If you did a flat black Black Bolt in the classic style, it's gonna look really shitty with no shading.

By that logic, Symbiote Spider-Man should be blue then since it has blue outlines if you want to take his design so literally.
>>
>>9785601
"Presenting: The Raw, Pulsating Power of the Great Golden Avenger"
>>
Thread has gone to shit, new one please.
>>
File: 819CI1MBQpL._SL1500_.jpg (239 KB, 1500x1500)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
>>9785607
>>
File: medmafex-168_1.jpg (49 KB, 700x700)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>9785602
black with blue shading works fine for spiderman.

black bolt on the otherhand was inked very blue. like more than 50%, so he needs a blue base with black shading for the shadow.
>>
>>9785507
Only if you want blue highlighting on the figure. Not only do you not understand how comic art works, but you fail at reading too. School was tough for you wasn't it?
>>
>>9785535
>should be, but wasn't
i have four black black bolt figures.
>>
>>9785395
Ironamn 1 armor looked great though. The only other armor from the films I really liked was the suitcase suit because it was just a really cool suit up scene. When it became overdesigned and more of a skin than a robotic suit of armor I liked them much less.
>>
>>9785476
you're being a much bigger retard here. their entire point is that they want the figure to reflect the source material. it's literally colored yellow. that's all there is to it. your autistic fixation over this is pathetic. everybody agrees that it's not necessarily meant to represent the color yellow, but it literally is yellow.
>>
>>9785397
I'll take a Modular, an Extremis, and good ol' mk 01.
>>
>>9785477
Spiderman's costume is supposed to be black, not blue.
>>
So was Storm's 90s costume black or white?
>>
>>9785397
>Ironboy armor
Donkey Kong be stealing Tony's gear.
>>
>>9785687
>>9785688
and the debate continues..............
>>
>>9785688
It don't matter
>>
>>9785687
it's objectively blue now (and pretty much every time ever outside of that cover). but that's clearly black, hence every figure of that being black.
>>
>>9785687
It looks better as blue so I don't mind. Figures are still made of his very first appearance though so it's not like it's completely forgotten. Honestly Spidey got lucky with his very first costume being timeless. Some other characters first appearance look awful. Hell I'd bet money they looked awful to people even back in the day.
>>
File: 1stSpidey.jpg (34 KB, 750x750)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>9785687
Why did you bring this up? Picrel
>>
>>9785688
Silver
>>
>>9785680
>everybody agrees that it's not necessarily meant to represent the color yellow, but it literally is yellow.
>another anon is arguing that Iron Man is only red/yellow despite being called the Golden Avenger
>>
>>9785575
I’ve taken it to be a long played larp. And if that’s true it’s the most interesting thing in a marvel legends thread I’ve seen in years
>>
>>9785728
I’d be very interested to see if it actually turns out for him, if only there was some way to actually know. Whether he sells every last one of them, or gets stuck with worthless inventory, he’ll still come here and claim he made 10k off of them or something.
>>
>>9785725
again, you are being a retard. they repeatedly said that all they care about is literally the color on the page. calling him "golden" doesn't change the fact that the art is yellow. why does it upset you so much that somebody wants a different toy than you?
>>
>>9785756
He's probably a Republican. They can't stand differing viewpoints.
>>
>>9785761
Kill yourself
>>
>>9785772
He's not wrong.
>>
>>9785786
Only leftists practice intolerence
>>
>>9785214
Okay so you want every figure to come with black outlines over every edge because that's what they looked like as illustrations?
>>
>>9785802
Yet you enact voter suppression laws and try to cancel anyone who doesn't suck off your god king lol.
>>
fuck off diosoth
>>
>>9785807
No, leftists are the ones who do this.
>>
>>9785813
You're fucking adorable.
>>
>>9785756
>calling him "golden" doesn't change the fact that the art is yellow
Because you're being a retarded faggot and can't understand limitations in colouring/printing tech in the 60s-70s that prevented Marvel from being able to accurately colour Iron Man as gold.
>>
>>9785813
t. Tucker Carlson
>>
>>9785817
>>9785869
You have no idea how retarded you look.
>>
>>9785921
Says the QAnon psycho.
>>
>>9785941
you americans cant shut the fuck up about politics can you
>>
>>9785575
Worked out for 80th Cap and my Retro Spider-Mans. I don't do this for every release, obviously. But I know which ones are going to be worth it.
>>
>>9785948
It's mostly faggots like Jin & Talker Art stoking the fires because real American citizens piss them off. They know if a civil war does start, they're all dead.
>>
>>9786004
Honestly surprised that 80th Cap was that in-demand. The head sculpt is kinda ass. Especially when it was inevitable that a more comic accurate Cap was coming.
>>
>>9786043
but shartimus prime said hes worth scalping and buying multiple copies of to resell
>>
>>9786050
>Listening to a 40-year old poorfag drummer on scalping tactics
>>
>>9786070
but hes a wholesome toybiz marvel legend collector like all of us
>>
>>9785824
you realize that doesn't change the fact that it was printed (and repeatedly reprinted) as yellow, right? it's becoming increasingly clear that you are the biggest retard here for being incapable of understanding that someone wants a toy to reflect the art.
>>
>>9786043
A lot of people in this hobby have problems waiting. We have guys willing to pay 3x the price to have stuff that was stolen from factories shipped from (asian country) a month earlier than everyone else. I just capitalize.

>>9786070
>falling for obvious athena bait
>>
>>9786075
>athena bait
no joke, bobby skullface gives the same advice on his podcast and how its worth invest in third party transformers even if you just wanna resell to fund other hobbies
>>
>>9786084
>listening to podcasts from toy reviewers

This is a new low.
>>
>>9786086
but I just love the wholesome fwoosh podcast with wholesome robo :o
>>
>>9785721
Can't wait for the HasCon comic shaded version. $49.99
>>
>>9786093
He appreciates your heckin' love, fwooshabro.
>>
i should have asked here first, but is there an alternative to marvel legends? they are seriously shit to be honest, and im tired of pretending they arent.
>>
>>9786232
Quit being a cheap whiny bitch and get Mafex or Figuarts, crybaby poorfag
>>
>>9786241
why are people on here such faggots jesus. Im willing to pay money for shit, but i want it to look good. marvel legends look like SHIT 90% of the time.
>>
>>9786247
I sincerely think you're too stupid to help, anon. I am not joking or trolling.
>>
>>9786232
I can't wait for this retard to come back and whine about lack of selection elsewhere.
>>
>>9786266
man this thread really is "just consoom bro"
>>
>>9786272
It's near 300 posts of us talking shit about Hasbro, you're just too stupid. Reddit seems more your speed.
>>
>>9786232
depends mafex has got u covered in both comics & MCU. Other than that just shf is mcu
>>
>>9786278
my issue is that i dont really like the mcu, so a good chunk of marvel figs dont apeal to me. alot of the xmen stuff seems nice, so maybe ill get some when i have the money.
>>
>>9786292
broke bitch
>>
>>9786292
I’m not into Comic figures, but I can appreciate some of the ones that look good. For example Mafex’s Comic thor looks amazing

t. MCU Collector
>>
>>9786337
thanks but i didnt really ask
>>
>>9786344
Go choke on a chode u ungrateful son of a bitch.
>>
>>9786337
Yeah, I just don’t enjoy when the figs try to imitate actors faces, so maybe I’m just biased against mcu figs.
>>
>>9786337
It does, but I'm just waiting to see if he can actually turn his head or not. That'd be the one reason I'd see myself buying him, because 80th Anniversary Thor can't turn his head for shit.
>>
>>9786107
Don't forget with toe hinge.
>>
>>9782483
now if we could only get bullet points spider-banner
>>
>>9783249
depends on how much new tooling they're willing to use. i for one would love to see doom-thing and grimm hulk. however if we're keeping it classic FF there's always dragon man, attuma, annihulus, and the awesome android to consider.
>>
>>9783297
>marvelman figure never
i know your pain anon
>>
>>9785721
Spider icon too fat, wouldn't buy.
>>
>>9785721
>Wrong color spider on the back.
They had 1 job
>>
>>9786469
okay poselet
>>
>>9786667
>i want an accurate 1st Appearance Spider-Man
>no, not that accurate
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESvjkO9tsTk
>>
>>9782510
Patch on his back isn't even CLOSE to right.
>>
>>9783761
Her hands are MASSIVE.
>>
>>9786868
blister in the sun
>>
So fellas, what's the future of marvel legends look like? Target stopped carrying them, prices are going up, weird packaging decisions are being utilized... I gotta say I'm a tad bit nervous. I mean this is my brand, my bread and butter y'know? I dunno if things will last. But maybe I'm wrong, sure. I'm not a rocket scientist hehe. I just love these figs and would hate to see 'em go eh? Who are some figs you wanna see? I'm thinking we gotta be getting a new Daredevil for sure right? I ain't gonna lie I'm down if they do a yellow version but I'm hoping for the red. Anywho let's hear your choices fellas!
>>
>>9787079
I think this line is on the way out, but I think the same is true for every retail action figure line aimed at collectors. Prices are still skyrocketing and you can see by the failure of the Hasbro Fortnite line and the way everything sits around until it hits clearance prices that most customers won't bite at this price. In the future, there will only be Mattel-quality movie tie-ins targeted at kids. The collector market will move to made-to-order web releases.
>>
>>9787083
agreed. action figures were already a low margin product for retailers, at around $4-5 per figure. they're taking a bath on every wave that gets discounted, and that's been nearly all of them the past year after the price hikes
>>
here comes the pseudo economist trolls

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.