[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 27 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20220511_140810.jpg (1.72 MB, 2293x2096)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
Welcome back to /FF/!

PREVIOUSLY
>Wave 3 is trickling in to retail
>alien vehicle for Diabol
>more weapons packs

Relevant links
https://www.dollartree.com/final-faction

Thread question:
Do you army build? Have a favorite?
>>
>>9778533
I'll probably start army building p-131s and drones/brutes once I get one or two of everyone
>>
File: 20220511_1349112.jpg (2.07 MB, 2296x3333)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
checklist for those who haven't found the final faction comic
>>
not sure where to find this one, it's not even on the checklist
>>
>>9778537
I still haven't seen the newest wave of accessories in store yet
>>
rofl
>>
>>9778576
They seem kinda in short supply, I've only found 1 upgrade pack per kharn but that may be due to people buying large amounts. I'll be checking tomorrow, I'm hoping for new figures but I'll be happy with an extra tumbler since they are scarce in my area.

Has anyone met another anon at DT? I'd talk to you guys but I only see old women
>>
File: 20220511_172354~2.jpg (657 KB, 2296x2260)
657 KB
657 KB JPG
mines got a little Hitler stache
>>
>>9778541
I'm still on the lookout for this bad boy
>>
Shift is one of the better figures but her accessory set, blades, sucks bad. I can feel the led in the paint.
>>
>>9779155
I haven't seen her accessory set in stores yet. If you want her to have a gun you could always give her a gun out of the accessory pack that's just extra guns
>>
the dt website only has the first wave, I can't find the ones I want in stores.
Is there anywhere I can just order them without absurd markup?

imagine scalping with dollar store crap. honestly.
>>
>>9778533
previous thread isn't dead yet though

>>9757236
>>
>>9779202
there's gonna be scumbag scalpers with any kinda collectible shit, it's just human nature
>>
How long does it take for DT to ship orders?

I purchased a case of stuff from DT and set it to ship to my local store, the confirmation email said I'd get another email when it ships...I ordered on the 7th, still no update as of now
>>
>>9778541
>>9779100
these are everywhere in my area, my city has dozens of DT's and I come across this and the arrow constantly
>>
>>9779711
the arrow is easy to find but the kharn vehicle is rarer
>>
>>9779711
>my city has dozens of DT
How may of these stores does one area NEED? I have ONE within an hour's drive of me.
>>
>>9780954
depends on the income level of the area you live. If you live in a rich area, you'll probably have to travel to find a dollar tree
>>
Went to two more dollar trees and got the whole line now save for the kharn vehicle. I'll track it down eventually. The hunt is fun, considering scalper price is a whopping $10 shipped for it.
I also got a second of this guy, since he's basically two different figures with the armor sets on.
It's nice just having all the figures with the accessories just in a box, piled up, no stressing about paint scuffing or lost accessories, just a shit ton of guns and cool aliens to shoot at. God bless.
>>
File: 20220512_154305.jpg (1.78 MB, 2296x2443)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB JPG
>>9781193
forgot pic
>>
>>9781193
I stopped by dollar tree today and got the other two turrets I needed, but no kharn vehicle or new accessory packs
>>
>>9780954
>>9780968

I'm in Houston, Tx. There's a DT within 10 minutes of me anywhere I go besides the East side. East Houston has a lot of oil plants and whatnot so there's not much else, but DT's are spread pretty much everywhere otherwise

it's the same with walmarts around here, you can get to one in 10 minutes no matter if you live in the poorest or richest areas.

that said, the stuff that -is- hard to find (bugs/turrets, newest accessory packs) I've almost exclusively found in the DT's in the most ghetto areas. I'm assuming it's because enough people aren't willing to go to those areas.
>>
>>9781205
Can't find anything new myself, looks like word is out at one store I go to the most. Don't really feel like driving to the other since gas is expensive and it may yeild nothing.
>>
>>9781902
I'm real close to you then. Still looking for the bugs and turrets?
Maybe you could tell me where a kharn chariot is.
>>
>not American/British

I am really interested in know the business side of the line

Are they actually making money on these or they are classified them like Costco's hotdogs?

Have they ever say anything about like in some toy panel or event?
>>
File: thegreathunt.jpg (149 KB, 844x479)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>9781992
no I got them a few days ago

I've come across both vehicles + their expansion packs in like 75% of the stores i've gone to, but I don't remember any specific one.

My first day I saw a ton of them, pic related if you go to these you should find it
>>
>>9781992
>>9782017

I'll stop at a few and when I spot a chariot I'll post here so you know exactly where one is if you haven't gotten it yet

what part of town are you located in? I hit all these DT's because my jobs sends me all around town, I can try and get closer to your area to avoid a long drive fore a 1 dollar toy lol
>>
>>9782006
because this line is being created and funded by dollar tree instead of an actual toy company chances are there's little to no PR effort like toy panels and whatnot, this is just one item amongst the thousands of other non-toy things to them

The creator/sculpter is probably the most interested party as far as PR goes and he seems to have a bit of interest in sharing his thoughts and processes with the public in regards to the FF toyline, you might be able to get in touch with him and get an answer
>>
>>9782023
Wonder if we could get him to stop by and say hi, I'm sure he is aware of us.
>>
>>9782091
as long as he isn't one of those normalfags that think 4chan is le ebil nazi site
>>
>>9784029
Well I mean, we would be on our best behavior but so far the ff threads haven't had any silliness. I think it'd be interesting to peak behind the curtain a bit. Or y'know just say hi and let the the final faction team know we enjoy the effort.
>>
>>9784077
It would be cool to hear the background on how the line got started and how they got dollar tree to agree to make it
>>
>>9784110
Yeah, might not be able to tell too much due to a contract but it's crazy that it landed at dollar tree of all places. Maybe it'll encourage Walmart to get lanard toys back on the corps!, that'd be really nice in my opinion. They made some figures for their xenomorph line a few years back, human figures I mean.
>>
File: 20220514_132129~2.jpg (1.93 MB, 3339x2284)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
SNIPER FIRE, GET DOWN ANON
>>
>>9784182
scope is easily a top 3 figure in the line
>>
>>9784187
Him and Torn with upgrade kits are GOATED toys for $2.50. Here's hoping for another wave of figures.
>>
>>9784321
I'm excited to see Riptides accessory pack. I'm hoping for a spring loaded harpoon gun or a water squirter gun with a backpack
>>
Yurop anon here, you guys think there's any chance of them showing up in stores in Poland? We just recently got Lanard Star Troopers and Corps stuff here, which surprised me.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1652568261142.jpg (72 KB, 720x1600)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
well well well...
>>
>>9784335
is there an equivalent of dollar tree in poland?
>>
>>9784347
is that a playset?
>>
>>9784321
Does his pack really add that much? He's got the 'cool cat' look but for me that's kinda it. Guess I'll see what happens. He is about exciting to me as amari as far as my head cannon goes.
>>
>>9784391
Pepco, probably. Also TK Maxx. Although I've seen stuff that people usually get from Dollar Trees show up in Smyk, too.
>>
>>9784393
Seems so
>>9784407
I like it, the four different rifles all have fun names too
>>
>>9784408
if dollar tree shit shows up in stores there then there's a chance
>>
>>9784407
Scope doesn't really need his accessory pack to be cool. He already comes with a sniper rifle and 2 pistols. Amari is gonna need a cool accessory pack to get her out of pegwarmer status though
>>
>>9784417
His upgrade kit's backpack does it for me, mine had a really loose peg hole on his first pack. You can also fit in the knife and a rifle on the new pack.
>>
>>9784495
scopes accessory pack is good for giving other characters guns that didn't come with one
>>
>>9784187
Hard disagree. Scope and Torn are easily the worst figures of the line. Scope just edges out Torn due to the fact that he has no gimmick other than Guy with a Gun.

>>9784347
>>9784393
Looks like it might be modular? It would fall in line with the way DT has been handling the vehicles. Could also be a pre-assembled box set for Family Dollarnwaiting in the wings.
>>
>>9784538
how is torn one of the worst figures? even without his accessory pack he has 2 faces and cool arm blades
>>
>>9784570
Torn has two headsculpts, and they both suck. If one had been decent, I wouldn't be so harsh on it. Also, Torn, Scope, and Steel all have a "same body" problem. Remove their respective gimmicks, strip away the color schemes, and remove the heads. They're all pretty much the same figure.
>>
>>9784579
haha red sniper and purple knife guy are cool
>>
>>9784347
they'd be breaking new ground in the toy industry with a "mix and match" multi room playset

much less at 1.25 per room

do they dare???
>>
>>9784579
the worst character is probably amari (unless they give her a really great accessory pack)
>>
>>9784347
This pic got posted on the final faction facebook and got deleted really quickly. I wonder if they didn't want this revealed yet?
>>
>bought lots of FF figures and accessories
>never that impressed by ATV from online pictures or videos
>finally got one and accessory pack on a whim
I'm sorry I doubted you, ATV-kun. It has so much potential in its play pattern too, the peg and clip construction can even be used for other toys to tear it apart. It's got me ordering InGen decals to make it into a safari vehicle.
>>
>>9785619
hopefully we can get an accessory pack for it to make the snow version from the cartoon
>>
>>9784347
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here!
>>
File: therebeyertreasure.jpg (2.05 MB, 2860x2528)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
>>9781992
>>9782017
>>9782020

To the anon looking for kharn chariot, found it on my first attempt. Pic related, here be treasure
>>
They’re great for cheap customs
>>
>>9784347
I told you guys the only thing that was missing was a big plastic castle thing! And look! We're getting one!
>>
This franchise is like someone took all the kraft mac 'n cheesiness from all the action figure lines from the 80's and 90's, as well as the cheesy tropes from all the scifi shooter games since halo came out, and mashed them all together, and made some premium grade A++ high end luxury made aged gouda, and then offered it up in cheap bite sized pieces that are just right so you can buy as many little nibbles as you want until you've had your fill.
>>
>>9789262
Well said
>>
>>9789262
and that's why we like it
>>
DT needs to ditch the expensive animation studio they hired, because one episode a year isn't going to cut it. There are Youtubers who would have done it for practically free... and probably better quality.
>>
>>9789845
some of the animation during the fight scenes in the cartoon is awful
>>
>>9789845
>expensive animation studio
are you fucking kidding
the cartoon is probably made by no more than 4 freelance animators they got from Fiverr
it practically is a fan animation
>>
>>9789845
I'd ditch it and focus more on the comic book. What we did read the last thread was not only better than the animations, it had the same, cheesy but fun vibe of Marvel and DC in the late 8ps/early 90s.
>>
>>9789877
the comic book is legit a fun read
>>
I wouldn't mind 1 cartoon per wave, as its mostly a commercial for whats coming out next anyway.
>>
Hasbro said missile launchers cost too much money to put in now but these have them? Is Hasbro full of shit or something?
>>
>>9790165
duh
>>
>>9790165
the spring loaders that final faction uses are the really cheap ones that set themselves off too easily though
>>
Does anyone know the peg hole size of the figures?
>>
>>9790358
some are about 2mm some are about 3mm, but it doesn't feel exact
>>
>>9790415
Thanks
>>
>>9789877
They need to ship new comic issues to Dollar Trees on at least a quarterly basis like normal comics, not just when a new wave comes out. That'd be fun.
>>
>>9790452
they already tease issue 2 on the back of the first comic, so hopefully it's coming soon
>>
>>9790326
I bought reissue Cybershark. If that's your idea of "high quality" then you're a fucking dumbass. It won't even clear the barrel.

>implying Hastards have high standards for anything
>>
Its like this, hasbro and whatever other toy companies tell you its too hard to make stuff for cheap, but the actual manufacturing of their toys costs literally pennies, but they still charge you as much as they possibly can because they know you'll still buy their shit without asking any questions.

But now that FF exists, people are gonna start asking questions. I'm waiting to see what the ripple effect this will have with the rest of the toy industry.
>>
>>9791436
>People are willing to put up with sloppily painted, generic figures with limited articulation as long as it's dirt cheap? This changes everything!
>>
>>9791442
They put up with sloppy figures when its 20$ to 30$ a figure.

They put up with it because they think its impossible to do it right and cheap, because they were told so. FF will change that.
>>
File: holymoly.jpg (135 KB, 877x1055)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>9791442
I get what you're saying but If this is what we get for 1.25 I imagine a 10 dollar price target would give the standard "adult collectibles" toy makers a run for their money.

10 / 1.25 = 8

take any 8 items from the final faction toyline and think about how much time and effort was put into each of their creation, now take the sum of that imagined effort and ball it all together into one figure

pic related, what i imagine we could get for 10 bucks (and also something the creator of all the FF toys has already designed so there's a legitimate chance we may see such a masterpiece)
>>
>>9791445
most of the cost in those lines is in the licensing, which gets passed on to the customer
>>
I probably won't ever buy these figures, but I respect this line more than any other.
>>
>>9793636
Why this doesn't hold water:

-Hasbro has owned the Power Rangers license since 2018

-DC Direct / DC Collectables has created DC toys since 1998

-McFarlane cut it's teeth using their licensing advantage to create a superior product at a cheaper price than the competition, now their method of standing out is offering larger / more detailed figures than the competition but with a cost-to-quality ratio in line with them as well.

-Hasbro was a co-creator and still owns Transformers

-I don't know anything about this one but Hasbro created My Little Pony and I assume the toyline is likely in line with similar brands/toy lines
>>
>>9793640
wise choice but youre missing out on at least one figure worth having

I said the exact same thing and spent a few days telling myself I don't need dollar store toys... Until I found myself walking into a Dollar Tree and walking out with a Churro

now I'm like 60 dollars in because the bugs are awesome and all the goodies tugged on my strings to have a new custom project

Multiple Churros are totally worth buying as is, he makes for a great robo-guard dog pack for your other figures
>>
>>9793636
I would bet that the biggest difference is marketing. No commercials, no print ads, only media tie-ins are a cartoon on a youtube channel and a comic that the customer pays for. No toy shows to attend or advertise at. Just some poor kids and toy collectors going grass-roots on the line.
>>
>>9794046
>Just some poor kids and toy collectors going grass-roots on the line.

Which honestly might be one of the best things about this line. As long as the company doesn't go full retard like Games Workshop and actually cultivates its fanbase while retaining quality and affordability, I can see this line going on for a long time.
>>
>>9794094
Throw on top of it the fact that Final Faction isn't competing with and doesn't have to sell better than Transformers, GI Joe, My Little Pony, MotU, Lego etc. It's competing with Robot, Fashion Doll, Make-it-Blocks and other Dollar Tree toys. At most the name brand toys on the shelves amount to a 2 pack of Hot Wheel tracks or some unarticulated mini-figures. The bar for this line being considered successful by Greenbrier isn't really all that high so my hopes for it kind of are.
>>
>>9794046
whens the last time you saw a marvel legends or transformers action figure commercial?

the only thing I agree with is conventions, but even then those are occasional and only utilize a few employees
>>
>>9794094
I'd like to see them grow out of being a dollar tree toyline, maybe sell through their own website or do kickstarters

mostly because i want things like this >>9793582
>>
>>9794279
They've already put out one higher end (a whole $5) item through Family Dollar so they're already exploring the idea of releasing at least slightly more expensive product for the line.

>>9794276
For specific toy lines or for the characters that they represent? Every piece of media for Transformers be it comic, cartoon or movie is a toy commercial.
>>
>>9793890
hasbro has to pay a ton for the star wars license
>>
>>9794503
What does mattel have to pay for the he-man license, which they own?
>>
>>9794503
i was responding to a guy saying he thinks the price difference is because of marketing costs, i was pointing out most toy brands dont do commercials anymore in general (commercials commercials, not "commercials" commercials.)

>>9794503
are you arguing for or against my point? Compare star wars prices to transformers and i'm willing to bet the price difference is minimal if not non existent (or even backwards considering all the different classes of transformers which carry their own price ranges and can get borderline retarded) Also look at the various g i joe lines and you'll see the same thing.

licensing surely adds an additional layer of cost, but that's clearly not the only / primary factor for todays prices when you compare in-house vs licensed out lines
>>
File: IMG_0436.jpg (1.06 MB, 3264x2448)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
I picked up a few of a torrents and little aliens tonight. Man, I really love this toy line. X4 Torrent looks straight out of Metal Gear Solid and the little Crawlers rock
>>
>>9797515
I love how the x4 turret legs make it so you can position him on any kinda surface
>>
File: 20220521_113551.jpg (2.95 MB, 2008x2618)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB JPG
My local DT restocked
>>
File: 20220521_114127.jpg (3.47 MB, 2048x3297)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB JPG
Did someone say you all storytimed this? Was it comfy as all hell?
>>
>>9798557
yeah someone posted all the pages
>>
>>9798557
it was in the last thread, this comic is really good, and super nostalgic. I'd recommend grabbing a couple extra copies just to keep mint, cause I think the value of these will sky rocket in a couple years.
>>
>>9799449
the comic is unironically great and way better than the cartoon
>>
I've been collecting these guys since they hit the shelves. I had just moved into a new apartment, and was shopping at DT until I was more on my feet. They definitely scratched my Halo itch. They don't scale very well with my World of Halo Chief, does anyone know how well they work with the Marines from that line?
>>
Went to a different DT today and picked up a P-131, turret, and some accessory packs. I skipped Diabol this time, am I missing out?
>>
>>9807003
Diabol is a really solid chunky figure. He feels more like a good quality Chap Mei figure than something you'd buy at DT.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.