[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 68 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: MaggotFucker.jpg (240 KB, 1076x1077)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
Previous Thread>>9746321

Latest Intel:
•Classified Series
>Zarana, Crimson Guard, and Dusty preorders live
>Target Exclusive Tiger Force Bazooka, Recondo, and Python Patrol Officer preorders live
>Dr. Mindbender Deluxe Set leaked (no official reveal or info yet)
>Snake Eyes and Timber 2 pack render revealed (general release)
>Retro Zartan and Storm Shadow renders revealed (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
>Tiger Force Duke and RAM render revealed (Target Exclusive)
>Cobra Blue Ninja 2 pack render revealed (Amazon Exclusive)
>Sgt. Slaughter render revealed (Fan Channel)
>Kamakura (Amazon Exclusive)
>Windowless packaging coming after Zarana wave and first 8 retro releases
>https://news.hisstank.com/2022/04/28/g-i-joe-product-team-roundtable-4-28-2022-77389

•Retro/O-ring Lines
>Reboot coming next year with new packaging
>Pulse Exclusive Cobra Trooper and Officer two pack
>Pulse Exclusive Sunbow Cobra Commander and Duke two pack
>HasLab Skystriker funded with 16,000 backers. Unlocked tiers 1 and 2 - will now come with Scarlett and Night Force Rip Cord.
>Pulse Exclusive Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes two pack

•Other Lines
>Super7 Ultimates Wave 3 up for Preorder: Scarlett, Storm Shadow, Doc, Cobra Trooper
>Super7 Reaction Wave 3 preorders: Cobra Commander (navy), Baroness v2, Roadblock, Firefly (comic), Snake Eyes (Ver. 3), & Flint
>Super7 Reaction PSA available: Mutt and Roadblock
>ThreeZero Firefly up for preorder
>Hiya Toys takes over 1:18 Joes
>Mezco One:12 Collective line

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>Free Episodes of G.I. Joe ARAH:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNXV9Mb7egjH0ccOkdYG-SWdLNFuYpBmF

>Free Episodes of Renegades and Sigma 6:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsnFUEcs3dTmsoPRBY4b7tA/featured

>G.I. Joe Spy Troops (PAL version, ripped and edited by a very kind Aussie Anon/Spy Troops anon):
https://mega.nz/folder/UbgRhCQA#9MNOu25I6Rqv0BlaSUj8XA
>>
File: recondo.jpg (247 KB, 1024x1024)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
Links to the TF and PP figures, as they sometimes don't appear in search.

Bazooka: https://www.target.com/p/g-i-joe-classified-series-tiger-force-david-l-34-bazooka-34-katzenbogen-action-figure/-/A-84717160

Recondo: https://www.target.com/p/g-i-joe-classified-series-tiger-force-recondo-action-figure/-/A-84717161

Python Patrol Officer: https://www.target.com/p/g-i--joe-classified-series-python-patrol-officer-action-figure/-/A-84717159
>>
File: Bazooka.jpg (298 KB, 1024x1024)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
Recent episodes of Full Force Podcast with Lenny and Emily from Hasbro team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI2zZm8or1Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69rWkhEet_M
>>
>>9767154
It's weird they have the render have such huge gaps in the joints.
>>
I started watching ARAH lately because Classified skewed so hard towards those designs, and I'm enjoying it a lot more than I would have expected. Anyone have favorite episodes or recommendations from the comics?
>>
>>9767750
The Shipwreck 2-parter where they trick him into thinking he lost his memories & is in the future is one of the better ones. One of the writers for that episode worked on the Star Trek TNG episode where Riker went through similar.

Just bear in mind they had a lot of stupid episodes too, which got worse later into the series. The writers openly stated they wrote CC as Hitler early on, but turned him into Yosemite Sam. Serpentor was also a shitty "leader" that existed by Hasbro mandate.

Overall the comics ARE better than the cartoon but Hasbro mandates slip in later on that do a bunch of dumb shit. Also disregard the issues where Megatron shows up, or the 4-part Transformers crossover, as canon otherwise ignores those events- the G2 comics had the Decepticons destroy parts of Earth which GI Joe never acknowledged, even though G2 picked up after Megatron got his tank body from Cobra. More Hasbro mandate crap.
>>
>>9767159
do we know when these are shipping?
>>
>>9767826
We don't even know when the first set of TF and PP are set to ship, so no
>>
File: crocy.png (803 KB, 1440x900)
803 KB
803 KB PNG
Croc Master review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1rJlG6CB7Q
>>
>>9767808
>The writers openly stated they wrote CC as Hitler early on, but turned him into Yosemite Sam.
OOOH AH HATE RABBIS!
>>
>>9768246
Kek
>>
File: Kamen Rider Ouja.png (397 KB, 547x889)
397 KB
397 KB PNG
I've always thought that Ouja would make for a nice Cobra Commander design with just a blue paintjob
>>
>>9767808
You want me to forget Dr biggles-worth? That's all I remember from that cross over any ways lol?
>>
>>9768447
Excellent taste anon, I considered so often myself. Of course more guns & some familiar tweaks to the armor.
>>
>>9768234
I want that just for the croc to go with Lizard.
>>
>>9768447
>>9769188
sounds gay
>>
>>9769611
Of course it is. It's GI Joe.
>>
File: 22Lb3d578.png (33 KB, 240x240)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>9769638
>>
File: Cold_Slither.jpg (70 KB, 712x310)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>9767750
Cold Slither is hilarious. Who could this band possibly be!?
>>
>>9767750
Anything written by 70s Marvel writers. A lot of the weirder episodes are by Steve Gerber and co.
>>
Have any of you read this comic? Any Joe designs from it that you'd love to see as toys? There are some wacky-ass TF designs in it that'll never see physical form and I'm wondering it it did the same with Joe stuff.
>>
>>9767750
>Anyone have favorite episodes or recommendations from the comics?
The 80's Marvel comic is worth checking out. If you don't want to binge 100+ issues(it got continued by IDW so its still running until August), check out Special Missions which is more of an episodic comic full of one and done stories.
>>
>>9769936
serpentress for sure
maybe billy when he's half cyborg half snake half man
kinda annoyed i missed this and his gobots trade when they came out
>>
>>9769936
why would anyone read idw crap?
>>
>>9769971
it was published by IDW but is totally separate from the main TF shitshow comics from that time
it's kirby-style shlock front to back and it's glorious
>>
>it's kirby-style shlock
>>
File: 519.png (813 KB, 1280x720)
813 KB
813 KB PNG
>>9746353
>>
>>9767808
>Just bear in mind they had a lot of stupid episodes too, which got worse later into the series
"Sci Fi goes to a convention" is timeless.
>>
>>9769897
They don't call Zartan a master of disguise for nothing
>>
File: Flint_%28RAH%29_01.jpg (38 KB, 360x450)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>9767159
Wonder if the skin tone will match Flint for an easy arm swap. Or just wait for a retro Flint to come out 2 years from now
>>
File: 20220507_092252.jpg (423 KB, 1500x3328)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
It would appear that Super7 cannot handle being at retail among...real toys.
>>
>>9772238
yet locally here in a large city those have sold out and been restocked 3 times over already between their two pegs. cant say the same for the classified series when they keep shoveling out movie figs or old lackluster cases
>>
>>9770158
Very close or exact. On purpose to part swap and upgrade the first flint
>>
File: 48493000049933.png (349 KB, 626x644)
349 KB
349 KB PNG
>>9772243
>yet locally here in a large city those have sold out and been restocked 3 times over
>>
File: 1532841084809.png (301 KB, 472x605)
301 KB
301 KB PNG
>>9772249
>army figs sell better in conservative pro-military state
>angry incel yankie cant handle the news
>>
>>9767808

Is that the one where people melt? That was freaky as hell as a kid.

One that stands out is the Lowlight centric one where its him vs Cobra in his nightmares.
>>
File: FSRvCC-XoAE_ale.jpg (64 KB, 520x680)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
Does this mean it's US Target exclusive?
>>
>>9772238
>5poa dollar store shit
>17.99
I wonder why they're not selling?
>>
File: IMG_20220509_015742613.jpg (692 KB, 3027x1940)
692 KB
692 KB JPG
>>9773484
Every time I see pegs full of those super7 figures it just fills me with confusion and anger. I mean they're right on the heels of these excellent Walmart figs. I know they didn't sell for shit either, but at least they don't look like Star Wars figures from the 70s.
>>
File: 20201115_164218.jpg (1.76 MB, 2880x2160)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
>>9773523
All the troopers in my Walmarts sold. Stalker is the only figure left all over shelves here, I have to assume they just overpacked him to an extreme degree. I wish I had just ordered Scarlett and Destro when I ordered the others, but Baroness really turned me off from buying them without seeing the paint on the faces in person.

Stalker's awesome though, if he stays clogging up the shelves I might have to rescue a few.
>>
File: IMG_20220509_034359135.jpg (1.1 MB, 4096x1940)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>9773594
>overpacked him to an extreme
That's what it looked like to me too. Unrelated, but how rad is Backblast? At first I was bummed that I lost/broke the piece that holds his rocket tubes, but I love the idea of him just Rambo-holding that shit in a pinch.
>"Trust me, I'm a professional."
>>
File: IMG_20220509_040542577.jpg (912 KB, 4096x1940)
912 KB
912 KB JPG
>>9773602
>"Worked it all out on my thigh-mounted note pad. Knowing is half the battle."
Not sure if there was more there that has rubbed off, but you have to appreciate the effort either way.
>>
>>9773523
Never saw anything of the good (whatever they were calling them) figures like Stalker here in Canada. Thanks HASBRO.
>>
File: IMG_20220509_052205063.jpg (643 KB, 2917x1940)
643 KB
643 KB JPG
>>9773620
Condolences, leaf-bro.
Sometimes I catch myself wondering why anyone would care about gijoe outside of the usa, but then I remember that I love James Bond and it all clicks into place. Then I wonder how many other quasi-nationalist heroes I'm missing out on that I've never even seen. They must exist.
Anyway, here's a shot of Alonzo posing for a serious picture and the squad goofin in the back.
>>
>>9773435
TRU Canada means Target
>>
>>9772259
As a southerner, you're a funding idiot.

The regular Joe's sell out everywhere, the super 7 ones however only sell out in a city vs a more rural area. Rural areas don't give a shit about niche poppy "retro" toys.

Anyways I hope the fight for air goes well up your own ass, you chinless idiot with the reading comprehension of a meth baby.
>>
>>9773724
Reaction super 7 Joe's? Of course they don't sell out everyone has the original toys, only zoomers care about that junk.
>>
>>9773724
Cities don't even care about the Super7 Retros. They just don't sell.
>>
>>9773738

This is a paranoid take but...
HASBRO wants the line to die - but they also want to make money.
So they license this shit Super 7 crap and the more detailed figure gets licensed to a company that will attempt to sell them for $25-$30.
The line fails they say "there are no interest in Joes" and they make bank on the licensing.
>>
>>9767808
>the G2 comics had the Decepticons destroy parts of Earth which GI Joe never acknowledged
At that point even the Joe comic wasn't keeping a consistent liner story itself and was just tail spinning, after the aforementioned Megatron arc there was only 13 issues left of the OG Marvel run with 6 of them being stand alone stories and in that small time it's basically a whole lot of nothing going on.

Also fun bit of comedy: Larry and Simon stated the G2 Megatron story came from a Marvel demand to promote the new Transformers comic and the Joe appearance in G2 #6 was a Marvel decree as well to try and bump sales with the tail spinning Joe book. Marvel had a history of cramming licensed IP's they held down the throats of the writers such as making Action Force/GIJoe a back up strip in the UK Transformers comic.
>>
>>9773435
More likely it's just a Gamestop one
>>
>>9774010
Issue is Hasbro didn't make the call(however they did agree to it) for the Super 7 figures at Target and places, that was between Super7 and Target.
>>
>>9774118
Hasbro DID put out a near identical line for Marvel, that Target puts right next to the Joes, which costs half as much.
>>
>>9774124
Correct, it came first by almost (if not over) a year before the Joe ones got stocked there and what lead Brian Flynn to push more of his Super7 stuff to Target, before that they were cagey to take most of his stuff and even now most Targets don't have TF or other reaction lines of his unless they are Target exclusives. We are basically just hitting that late 90s spectator market all over again.
>>
>>9774131
The ReAction Joes didn't even get released until late 2021. iirc the "Kenner" Marvel figures were summer or early fall of 2020, I know it was before the holidays as my Walmart's were drowning in those Marvel figures that year while all the bigger name stuff like Legends was barren.
>>
File: 1445143497961.gif (393 KB, 400x217)
393 KB
393 KB GIF
>>9774010
I don't think it's that so much as they can't focus on it.
Post lockdowns they likley still have fewer factories in operation in China and Vietnam than Pre lockdowns and they likley have to prioritize product. Star Wars Black Series, Marvel Legends, Power Rangers Lighting Collection, and G.I. Joe Classified are all made at China factories and share said same factories with other companies such s Mattel, which we can wager are 50% functioning or or worse atm due to the reports of how they are still locking down, that means they have to manage what gets out when.
Black Series and Legends are license brands that were bestowed to them by Disney so they are given much higher priority which is why you still see product rolling out at such volumes and for the most part is much easier to get online. Power Rangers is a recent acquisition from only three years ago so they need to make back profits to justify the buyout but even they have had a major slow down in product because they own the IP and so can afford hurting it. That leaves Classified as the stepchild, it's an IP they always owned that wasn't that healthy before the lockdowns and with the newest movie bombing there is no incentive to risk effecting those other three lines just to get more Joes to market for mostly 40 something divorced dads to scalp.
Likewise Vietnam has been having serious issues with factory work as well and I wouldn't be surprised if they had to make a choice between there always selling well Transformers brands and the smaller lines such as the 3.75 Joe and Star Wars and the later is still a licensed line that the god mouse so it would be a line they be more incline still get made in high volume for stores.
>>
>>9775270
>share said same factories with other companies
Do they?

I was at a Hasbro panel like 5 years ago where they talked about how different toys are engineered differently because they're made in different factories and each factory has their own tooling.
So 1:18 GI Joes were engineered different from the 1:18 Marvel Universe line because that's how their factories are set up. Thus, one factory can't produce the other line, unless they either revamp the factory or the engineering is changed for the toyline.

The only times I've ever heard of factories being shared are with collector lines and other niche toylines. Given these aren't all year round toylines with a dozen figures to be made every quarter in the 200k-5million range, it makes sense some factories aren't completely dedicated to producing shit a single way.

Also, Mattel owns their own factories, so their reliance on independant factories is probably small and also means Mattel's factories are built to be much more dedicated.

Dedication means having more machinery and other equipment, and that shit isn't easy to push around if you need to swap shit around, thus unlikely to be shared. No doubt, companies like Hasbro and Mattel would kill these factories if they knew their machines and gear were being worn away by producing other toylines for different toy companies, so there would be a certain timed exclusivity while these indie factories are being contracted.

So go look at your toys and see how theyre constructed, to know what factories they were produced in.
>>
>>9775313
Are you conflating a few things? Because the places that work on designs and prototypes are not where the mass production is done, and that tooling you are talking about would be for the mold casting which is then shipped to the factories that make the figures to be made in millions and fun note about that, many of the factories don't even make the whole figure sometimes, in some situations multiple factories just get cast molds of one part (just the arms, just the legs, the accessories, etc) and they all get shipped to another factory for assembly and even painting sometimes, it's what leads to those weird oddities like the LC Power Ranger Ninjas having full cases missing heads and/or hands because shipments of parts got lost during new china lock downs but the factories still rolled it out and another example is how sometime people leak part of a whole figure like the Cobra Bat and AVs heads but no evidence of anything else. Also Matty and Hasbro shared factories with each other, one might own it but in these times they are trying to max profits best they can so they share space, and that might be another take that >>9775270 overlooked which is it might not be as complicated as a lack of space or resources so much as why risk profits in some of the most trying times for the market? I feel those Joe Pules streams is the team desperately trying to do what they can to keep it alive because the only other Pulse team that has passion on screen is really the Transformers crew. The Joe brand has not been doing great and doesn't have demand when you compare it to other brands that had similar hard down turns like Transformers and Marvel which took some hard hits.
>>
>>9775538
did you read what i said?

The pins and screws GI Joes used (the engineering) aren't found on MU figures, so that literally means the production of toys. Same with other features from the engineering, which affects how the toys are assembled.

>Also Matty and Hasbro shared factories with each other
Whered you hear this and what exactly are those factories doing? Given that machinery is a giant bitch to change around, i doubt they can change shit up like you're trying to imply, especially given Hasbro's own description of how toys are made.
If they're sharing factories, it might be for mixing plastics or other simplistic shit that can share the same tools. Like painting toy parts. Maybe molding, if they really are just sending that shit to some other factory to be assembled... which i doubt, given how most documentaries show shit being made in the same building.
Could be they use the same factories to make electronics or even just the plastics themselves.

If you look at the "third party" factories Hasbro uses, a lot of them seem to just do that. Make paper products, electronics, molds, and plastics. So are these what Mattel and HAsbro share? This would line up with what that Hasbro rep said, since it wouldn't require revamping an entire factory that is actually producing the toys.
>>
>>9775694
What gives you that idea?
>>
>Bunch of boomer losers talking shit with no sources
This just gets old
>>
>>9775694
>>9775707
I can only assume anon means the show errors they make in Lighting Collection like certain strips/marks being off/missing or certain items not being packed with characters. That said I argue Power Rangers is doing fine, the kids line is both selling and getting new items and in the last five months two waves of mainline figures figures and two sets of the deluxe (Monsters), as well as the 5 TMNT cross over sets/figures and they are well stocked.

Meanwhile Classifieds? A total of 5 figures basically leaked out and most still haven't seen anything new this year from Classifieds. It's almost mid may and that's the state it's in, hell, the first wave of Target exclusives that were due out in February have still not be released.
>>
>>9775707
PR generally has worse QC than Joes. To the point where paint apps are missing, wrong, or extremely poor. Overall they’re decent figures; the articulation could be better, and the helmets often aren’t as accurate as they could be (MMPR was the biggest offender but they seem to be gradually replacing them with new sculpts). Joes are generally immune to some of the stupid shit being done with PR, like making fuck-huge monsters instead of screen-accurate-sized ones because “they look more intimidating”.

That being said, they get more frequent releases than Joes, and they’re much easier to find. So there’s a trade off.
>>
>>9776251
There is no trade off when there is no product
>>
>>9775270
>>9775313
>>9775538
>>9775692
The engineering at Hasbro for the last decade has been digitally made in a program such as zbrush. They then manufacture a specific master molds for each part and piece of the figures and then each toy is mass produced. The assembly line of low-wage workers constantly gluing and assembling and even packaging are not in the same place the the molds are made and in some cases not even where they are cast. Random not knockoff figures on eBay are made from the actual master molds usually. Anything else from what goes and beyond is speculative, the only companies that show how the sausage is made is Super7, Neca, Funko, and Spin Masters which all do use the same factories that Hasbro, Matty and others use at least for the assembly part. As for the big two it's just speculation.
>>9775711
We will certainly never know the whole story as the controversy of how the sausage thus in this case I say follow Occam Razor and the truth is that the brand atm is high risk, low reward. Movie bombed(likley the only reason Classified was even made), game was a stinker, and now with everyone's money tightening up you'll have fewer buyers for the next few years.
>>
>>9776291
I’m not going to pretend they’ve been cranking stuff out but they revealed like fifteen figures over the past two months.
>>
>>9776795
>The assembly line of low-wage workers constantly gluing and assembling and even packaging are not in the same place the the molds are made and in some cases not even where they are cast.
Have you ever seen a documentary on how their toys are made?
Or how big some factories are?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdNlW0mwHvE
Hasbro and MAttel make MILLIONS of toys every single quarter, thus they need MULTIPLES of this type of factory to make their toys.

There's a reason why Mattel's factories are sprawling, because almost everything that needs to be produced is done in the same place. It's more efficient and cost effective, instead of carting shit around a city from Uncle Chang's backyard diecast molding shack to Ching's Assembly Line/Dry Cleaners shop.

>engineering at Hasbro for the last decade has been digitally made in a program such as zbrush
You dont seem to understand the term. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/engineered
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/engineering
Power Ranger and GI Joes (and Overwatch) toys are engineered one way, thus are probably made in the same factory. Marvel Legends are made another way, so they're made in a different factory. The PR/Joe factory can't produce MLs because they don't have the equipment to make them.

>Anything else from what goes and beyond is speculative
How old are you?
In the 90s and early 00s, NBC News, ABC news, etc have done hidden camera specials on the conditions of these factories and other shit, inadvertantly showing the many steps of production.
Nevermind that both Mattel and Hasbro have had multiple documentaries done on them and how their toys are made for a very long time until... until those behind the scene news reports made everyone aware of the working conditions, so they stopped allowing news crews to those factories. since then it's only been photographs for positive PR.
>>
>>9777105
Yeah, Classified has like 20-something figures/sets(not counting the Retro line for Walmart or the Viper/BAT wave which hasn't hit a lot of places yet) that are upcoming. There will be no lack of product, given time, the issue is that there's not much right now or in the very immediate future.
>>
>>9774010
>HASBRO wants the line to die - but they also want to make money.
Ive been thinking that since the 2010s. or theyre just fucking idiots. either answer isnt good.
>>
>>9776203
>>9776251
I guess I didn't think about the qc since that's what chased me away from the lightening collection close to two years ago. Plus I've become so bummed on the Joe train that I've just forgotten about all the 'new' figure previews since they seem like vapor ware. And dropping retro for orings really really rustled my jimmies.
>>
>>9777261
I think the "fucking idiots" is actually the answer when looking at shit like Star Wars and the Rancor. With Star Wars they have pretty much decided that if they took a shit and put it on a "vintage card" collectors would buy it.
and they are sometimes not far from the truth.
Joes have generally had better articulation and modeling over a lot of the Star Wars stuff because none of the fans complained.
They had that at least going for them in the past.
>>
>>9778489
I don't think Star Wars can be looked in a fair lens as they are owned by Disney on loan to Hasbro meaning they have been doing what Disney will allow them or demand of them.

>Joe is such a dead brand the general is talking about everything but Joes themselves.
>>
>>9776795
those guys aren't Chinese
>>
>>9778625
If you look at pre Disney Star Wars the general articulation is still worse than Joes in most cases.
>>
>>9778625
What is there to talk about right now? Ok uhm, I've got most of my classified stuff still in the box and I've collecting since the beginning. Barbecue is a great figure, I like baroness 2 more than 1, why are there 3 roadblocks and 1 storm shadow?
>>
>>9778732
Part of that issue is likely the absurd cost of the license. Star Wars has always been a toy cash cow, so I’m sure that means less budget compared to an IP Hasbro owns outright.
>>
File: vipersquad.jpg (218 KB, 1500x1007)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>9778625
>Joe is such a dead brand the general is talking about everything but Joes themselves
Gonna be worse when the June stream rolls around with even more reveals, then we'll have 4 waves on preorder with nothing to show for it.
>>9778739
>3 Roadblocks
4 technically
>>
>>9778732
as stated >>9778813 cost is an issue but you might have even had rules against certain things, Lucas was dead against 6 inch figures or really any scale outside of the 1/18 and 1/12 so he might have had even stranger rules about what did and didn't get made.
>>9778739
Pretty sure that was the point of the green text is that this brand is going so awful that all we have left is mostly spectators on the market which is why this general is a snails pace with little to talk about.
>>9778986
And considered that to many people it's still 5 waves as not everyone has found the Bat/AV wave.
Also it's really fucked up that both Super7's Ultimates and Four Horsemen have released multiple figures/waves of their toys while Hasbro still hasn't even gotten the January waves to wide market yet.
>>
>>9767154
>Sgt. Slaughter
https://youtu.be/_ifiCH3J5jM?t=66
>>
>>9779057
He's always perfect. 30 years ago or in some net video the other week. Never fails to bring it still
>>
fyi RB is back on Amazon for $24.99 if you look at other sellers and find the Amazon listing.
>>
>>9779057
getting really hard just watching this
>>
>>9778986
The classified line coming out with better, more realistic guns has been great. That Alley Viper's gun is so good looking. Their more newer, spacey guns are pretty good, too.
>>
Anyone else order the Munitions pack from Mcfarlane? The scale of the guns shouldn't really be an issue and you get a good set for the price to re-arm earlier figures
>>
>>9779619
Having bought the mcfarlane she-spawn that comes with one not too outlandish rifle, it's too big.
>>
>>9779635
pics?
>>
>>9779635
She-Spawn weapons feel oversized on She-Spawn, but these were mostly smaller ones which should do better. The M-16 is def smaller than anything She-Spawn came with.
>>
File: jailcompare.jpg (427 KB, 1592x896)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
>>9778739
>What is there to talk about right now? Ok uhm, I've got most of my classified stuff still in the box and I've collecting since the beginning. Barbecue is a great figure, I like baroness 2 more than 1, why are there 3 roadblocks and 1 storm shadow?
Back when the GI Joe line was popular in the early 10s, we had a shitload of posters who would post their collections and did diorama shit.

Some of those anons are still around, but they no longer collect GI Joes and instead you have them posting their Megabloks or other shit they moved on to and their Generals.

Seems like people who collect 1:12 don't really have fun with their figures. Whereas with smaller scales, we have a ton of people doing a lot of different sessions of photos. At best, you have a few pose offs, collection pictures and that's about it.
Personally, i don't think I've ever posted any of my 1:12 joes anywhere. Whereas i actually contributed a lot to outdoor play scenes back in the day. Most stuff i do now are just comparisons.
>>
File: warthogshot.png (3.41 MB, 1726x1223)
3.41 MB
3.41 MB PNG
>>9779655
And since i got distracted and forgot my point:

These threads have basically become buyfag generals, where discussion is only about what's available to buy right now and upcoming shit to buy. Since there's nothing new, how can you talk about being excited for buying the newest greatest thing ever?
We already exhausted discussion about the upcoming releases.

Too much of /toy/ has forgotten the purpose of toys.
>>
File: guns.jpg (1.91 MB, 4032x3024)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
>>9779636
Here's a quick pic of the guns from mcfarlanes I won mixed in with some classifieds. Of them, I think the grenade launcher works best and is included in the mcfarlane gun bundle. You could use the grenade launcher as a reference towards the other guns in the bundle to get a feel of the scale. I think the biggest issue is the grip size.
>>
>>9779677
can't see shit
>>
>>9779683
where are the guns??
>>
File: guns_3.jpg (399 KB, 1613x1210)
399 KB
399 KB JPG
>>9779685
Better?
>>
File: 1629799982530.gif (2.09 MB, 286x186)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB GIF
I wish classified would release some hand and weapons packs. Joes have really good articulation but the trigger finger hands ruin most poses.
>>
>>9779765
Accessory packs tend to sell poorly at retail which is why 99% of lines don't do them. Hand packs? They'd have to do character-specific shit to make it work, the retail price for a few hands would be high. Nerds pay it, the casual shopper will laugh at $15-$20 for a pack of hands and a couple of guns.
>>
>>9779767
>>9779765
>hand packs
>when 99% of people use one set of hands and everyone forget about the rest 100.111% of the time
this is why autists should never be put in charge of anything.
>>
>>9779771
And yet US citizens elect them to run the country.
>>
>>9779771
Alt hands suck, frankly. A good idea in theory. In practice they go into storage. They also have pointlessly thin wrist pegs that are often prone to breakage because they have to save that 0.01 cent worth of plastic per hand when they could save more by not using the gimmick. I have so many spare hands in storage I can barely tell which hand goes to what toy in many cases. I odn't even like spare heads as they get stowed away, more useless shit I have to pay extra for.
>>
>>9779655
>>9779658
I think one of the biggest things is that there's just not much out there for good dios (and especially vehicles) for the 1/12 Joes. There are if you're creative, but the truth of the matter is that so many fan moved on to Megablox because with some mix and matching, the Call of Duty Megablox line was basically just a Joe line anyway. There were tons of cool pics, dios, etc that were made and posted in those threads....coincidentally, I think Mega even dropped or lost the CoD license, so even that's gone.

Its not real surprising that its hard for people to get excited about figures that they don't have, or can't even find to begin with. Its literally been like a year since I've seen a worth-while GI Joe figure in a store. Last figure was Major Bludd, and since then its been a sea of figures from the movie, which seemingly no one wants.
>>
>>9780074
>Its not real surprising that its hard for people to get excited about figures that they don't have, or can't even find to begin with. Its literally been like a year since I've seen a worth-while GI Joe figure in a store.
Between that and the fact that they were obviously wanting this line held up by the movie, it's the same formula that the first two Transformers films had where the mainline in all stores was the movie figures and other styles/designs were given to stores as exclusive. The movie failed however, so as you noted stores are clogged with those 4 movie figures and as another anon noted the market is just turning into spectators which is never good for any brand as a market that is trying only to flip tends to kill itself as the buyers never show as they got so sick of the boomer logic clowns ruining the fun of the hobby they rather have nothing to do with it.

Bluntly I'm, just happy the pieces I want got made short of a to scale Hiss tank with it's iconic driver there is nothing left that would bring me back
>>
>>9780074
>the Call of Duty Megablox line was basically just a Joe line anyway. There were tons of cool pics, dios, etc that were made and posted in those threads....coincidentally, I think Mega even dropped or lost the CoD license
mega shits are retarded lego knock offs you fucking retard no one bought them because no one cares about them
>>
>>9780074
The lack of vehicles and prebuilt diorama pieces definitely hurts photo posting, but it's not like people aren't doing some of that elsewhere.

I'm planning on making a Cobra Temple at some point soon, but I'm having trouble finalizing the design I'm going with. I've got a Battlesnake to be the defence system/idol but I can't decide if I want to make a big ziggurat looking bunker with it on an upper level, in which case I want to pick up one or two more, or just do a smaller interior scene with it behind the throne. The lack of a Commander design I like really hurts the interior option.

>>9780192
I still need Shipwreck, Clutch, and a stirrup pants CC. I don't want full retro, but I need a sleeker Cobra Commander.
>>
File: P1040828.jpg (2.44 MB, 4608x2592)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB JPG
>>9780074
CoD is dead with Mega now. They still continue to shit out HALO and ya, some people like it - I don't.
With HASBRO dropping articulated Joes and going for "nostalgia" with O-rings I don't have that much interest in the line except some lore.
This means that the 1/18 thread is usually more interesting to me except for the rape prices people are paying for Planet Green Valley stuff.

>>9780205
O000h Mr. Bitter McBitterpants.
There is always someone who is all cranky about the Mega lines. I don't know why and I don't know why they are always bitching about Mega being "a lego knock off"
The CoD and other Mega figures are so far from LEGO minifigs it's laughable.
- and most people buy Mega for the figures not the bricks.
>>
File: P1020309a.jpg (1.23 MB, 1620x1080)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>9780205
Yup
everything is awesome.
>>
>>9780205
Sold better than Hasbroke Kre-O
>>
File: chillin.jpg (200 KB, 1500x946)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>9779655
>>9779658
>>9780074
While I'm certainly too lazy to make dioramas myself, there's also an issue of space and cost. I used to buy those PTE buildings and vehicles back when collecting 25th, but none of that sort of thing seems to exist for 1/12, and if it did, I'm sure it'd be expensive. I don't think I'll ever take figures outside though, I don't care to location spot or clean figures afterwards.
>>9779765
>>9779771
>>9779781
I've advocated for alt hands before, but now I just want one trigger finger and one resting hand. Stretching out trigger finger hands around the thick rifles and grips doesn't feel good.
>>
>>9779658
I get that buyfag part, I watched one of favorite generals go from a nice comfy place to what seems like a bunch of selfish dudes asking what's next or when will the line for etc instead of just enjoying it being back at all. But I'm just getting further away from the topic of general myself
>>
>>9780626
>I used to buy those PTE buildings and vehicles back when collecting 25th, but none of that sort of thing seems to exist for 1/12, and if it did, I'm sure it'd be expensive
NECA Street diorama which will set you back about $120 retail
>>
>>9779767
>Hand packs? They'd have to do character-specific shit to make it work
Not really, most of the males all use the same tactical gloved hands. All we need are things like fists, saluting, relaxed, pointing, and maybe tighter gripping ones to get better hold on some of the knives. Cast them in black and they could be used with multiple characters. Throw in some pairs of the larger hands for the big bodied guys if they want. Do another set for Cobra that has the armor plate and emblem on the back and they could be used with the troopers as well as Bludd. Throw in those already tooled hands from the Deluxe Snake Eyes in red and they could go with the Red Ninja.
>>
>>9780850
I thought about grabbing that a few times, but not for Joes. More of a superhero thing. I know it's big and all, but it doesn't come with anything extra right?
>>
>>9780626
Frog.
>>
File: undertow.jpg (441 KB, 579x908)
441 KB
441 KB JPG
>>9781387
How do you feel about frog...MEN?
>>
>>9780975
Similar to the WPK bombed out building, it's meant as an exterior building but you can use the interior for things if you don't stick the backboard on it. No accessories are included as NECA makes accessories to go with their figures so they didn't bother. As long as you get something good to look like road to pop it on top of to get some extra room you can get some solid use out of the set.
>>
>>9781402
I loved all the water based Joe's as a kid and still do, except eels, too yellow and I still feel guilty stealing him from Walmart as a kid. My list for Joes growing up was a real beast.
>>
>>9782037
Eels are gray.

Than yellow abortion was something Funskool inserted into the timestream.
>>
>>9782359
>Than yellow abortion was something Funskool inserted into the timestream.
Eels V.2 and V.3 were both yellow and blue. Can't lay this at the feet of Pajeet.
>>
File: ebat.png (264 KB, 879x518)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
Thanks ebay, very cool
>>
>>9782390
I feel for people that want that Storm Shadow
>>
>>9782397
Why, you think it could be any harder to get than a cobra island figure or is there something off about it? Looks like a damn fine storm shadow to me.
>>
>>9782390
Kek, poor cuck. Paying sloppy second prices might as well let him fuck your girl.
>>
>>9782485
Not to mention any even more accurate one is going to WM on retro card
>>
>>9782742

I'd cancel my preorder for the initial Storm Shadow but I anticipate not being able to find any of the Wal-Mart exclusives. I've yet to see any Classified aside from the SE movie figures and Gung-Ho.
>>
>>9782796
I work at one, after the ONE CASE of bats and av which were on clearance got sold they eventually took the shelf label off. I'd say trying to preorder direct if it's an option.
>>
>>9782823
I've literally never seen the BAT/AV wave anywhere. You'd think you'd see the remnant Gung Hos left over, but I've never seen even one of them, and I live in a huge area with tons of Targets and Walmarts around me.
>>
>>9782842
I saw the Gun-hos (and still do) from the first month they dropped at Target, but that's it. Nothing but movie at WMs here and they're marked down to $17 now.

>>9782796
I figure I'll see the carded figures so I skipped pre-ordering through the site.
>>
Amazonblock should get here tomorrow. Can't wait to have a second one for retail
>>
File: DSCN6776.jpg (993 KB, 1600x900)
993 KB
993 KB JPG
Was craving some vehicle action so I picked up one of the Retro Collection FANGs!

I like it! I really dig the new mold; it's a cool update of the vintage/25th FANG. My one gripe with the Retro are the screw holes on the left side. Really wish Hasbro had engineered that differently.
>>
File: DSCN6767.jpg (927 KB, 1600x900)
927 KB
927 KB JPG
>>9783879
Aside from the screw holes, the new details of the Retro are rad. I love the tech detail around the nose and the overall increased bulk. I also really appreciate how the Retro pilot sits with his knees bent, just looks better compared to the 25th where the pilot has his legs straight out. Speaking of pilots, the Retro one is a pretty neat figure. It's a standard Retro trooper body, but the masked head sculpt with the oxygen tube going into the new vest is rad.

Overall, I'm happy with the Retro! It's not as good a value as the HISS at the same price, but the all-new mold is appreciated.
>>
File: 20220514_174016.jpg (3.38 MB, 4000x3000)
3.38 MB
3.38 MB JPG
Found these is a small toy shop a year or two ago, used to have them when I was small
>>
File: 20220514_173953.jpg (3.32 MB, 4000x3000)
3.32 MB
3.32 MB JPG
>>9783906
>>
File: 20220514_174256.jpg (2.8 MB, 4000x3000)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB JPG
>>9783906
I found this guy in a box in my attic too. Used to have so much more but donated them all
>>
>>9783910
sand viper has seen better days
>>
File: Alley Vipers.jpg (123 KB, 1000x610)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>9780074
>I think one of the biggest things is that there's just not much out there for good dios (and especially vehicles) for the 1/12 Joes
and that's how nu-GI Joe General fails when compared to the old Joe Generals, because the old guard didn't care about that shit either.

That is still all about consuming more products, thinking you need shit like that, when we just made do with what we had, because it was enough... even if we owned a hundred vehicles and a dozen of the same figure.
The old guard could have fun with their toys no matter what we had or wanted to bring out. You can still see that in the 1:18 threads and the other threads where the old guard still posts. Anything and anywhere can be a diorama.

I don't think we really see that with 1:12 (or later) collectors because they see their shit as collectibles and not toys. They treat their 6" toys as statueshit, something that is to be left in a pose, never to be touched and put behind a glass case. You can see this mentality in the vast majority of threads. And this is despite that having outdoor, nature type photos actually scaling better with 1:12 figures.
The few lines that arent smaller sized figures that get creative play pictures seem to be the fucking Gunpla threads, despite being delicate shit. Same with Shinki type toys, which are also models(ish). Not coincidently, Figmas get a lot of play too, despite being more expensive than other import lines. Girlie/cute shit gets played with.
Or maybe these threads only have more creative play posts because some of the old guard are posting there.
>>
>>9784011
You're a retard trying to sound smart and elitist over scale, and anyone who unironically uses the term "CONSOOOOOMER" on toy of all fucking places is a person who lacks any self awareness.
>>
File: cod vs borderlands.jpg (701 KB, 1719x1046)
701 KB
701 KB JPG
>>9784020
>playing with toys
>elitism
prove me wrong by having fun with your GI Joes

Check it, even i had fun with my 1:12 toys. Sorry for it not being GI Joes, because these threads haven't lended themselves for these types of photos for years now.
>>
File: 20220328_183404.jpg (1.59 MB, 2880x2160)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
>>9784011
I don't blame the scale for that. A lot of discussion on this board has shifted towards following releases, rather than discussing what you already have and showing what you're doing with it.

And some of us are more touchy about people talking shit on our pics for little to no reason, which has also seemed to spike in recent years. So it's like, "what's the point, who am I even posting this for?"
>>
File: 20220514_124349.jpg (2.82 MB, 2149x2702)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB JPG
>>9784082
oooooooops
>>
>>9784082
I dno't blame scale, i blame the collector mentality behind it all.

Like i said, despite shit like models being expensive, fragile not-actually-toys, we actually see people being more creative and enjoying them than we do with lines that are more "collector" oriented.
Other lines like Figma, Nendoroid, and shinkis also get more anons who play with their toys.

Like i said, the focus in these threads has become more buyfag oriented. Fewer people treat their toys like toys.
>>
>>9784082
Well yeah, I mean I know my pics can't touch the the time and effort you guys put out so it does make me gun shy since I feel like I'll just get goofed on. I've liked setting up displays since I was kid looking at catalogs and ads where you see everything displayed with a sort of narrative theme. You are lighting a fire under my butt so I'll straighten out my toys and post something around Thursday. Also Ill explore what playing with my toys means for me, it's generally just keeping a few near by to pose and mess with but when I hear play I just go back to dirt fortresses and stuff like that.
>>
File: silent40.jpg (125 KB, 1125x1500)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>9784082
>"what's the point, who am I even posting this for?"
I feel this to some extent. I mainly collect and pose for my own enjoyment these days, and rarely photograph/post cause I don't feel like it's interesting enough to share.
>>
File: plztalktomysons.jpg (3.31 MB, 1922x2738)
3.31 MB
3.31 MB JPG
>>9784171
>>9784497
I try to ignore non-constructive comments on my pics, but it does get grating when they're the only interaction with your posts. But yunno, I should say something or interact with pics if I want other people to also engage. I should also take some new pics soon.
>>
>>9784497
The board isn't exactly conducive to posting pics anymore
>>
>https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grindstonetoys/longbow
Thoughts on the return of the O-ring with upgrades? It's already funded and another of theirs was in the Skeletron KS
>>
>>9784497
Based Silent Interlude poster
>>
>>9784603
>>https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grindstonetoys/longbow
too cartoony. Never really liked the pre-84 bobblehead GI Joes either.

>>9784572
I dunno how lonely you are, but I don't really need encouragement or validation to make more.
i assume people click and read my shit even if no one ever ever gives me a (You). Since i click on pictures just because they might be interest and never reply to them, i'm sure other people do the same.

Though it has been nice to see some of my shit being reposted or used as an OP's image for a General.
>>
>>9772238
As a kid who had Joes, I don't understand why they think I would want them with less articulation. I know the kenner reaction things are their schtick but I just don't get the appeal.
>>
File: PXL_20220513_203851543.jpg (2.06 MB, 4080x3072)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
>>9784032
Not him. But I love making scenes on my shelves. I love having diverse armies. I need some monsters, vampires, and zombie armies.
>>
>>9784872
They’re not there for people who want to actually relive the experiences they initially had with their figures. They’re there for people who vaguely remember the cartoon or the figures and they want some cheap merch to represent their affinity for some retro nerd culture. They’re Diet Action Figures. The only appeal they have to a traditional collector is the cheap price point and the ability to collect all the big name characters in a relatively short time period
>>
>>9785258
I don't really consider $18 for a 5 poa figure to be a "cheap price".
>>
>>9785341
My mistake, I forgot they were so expensive. I was thinking they were $10 a piece.
>>
>>9784872
They wanted to do vintage style o-ring ones, hasbro told them no
>>
>>9785355
They were when Funko sold them but then people bitched about the price being too high. Super7 cult followers don't care though.
>>
>>9785355
Lol they kind of are now, saw them on clearance for $12 earlier today
>>
>>9772238
but toybro said these are worth the full price
>>
>>9783906
>>9783908
>>9783910
Nice!
>>
>>9784011
Thats cool and all but I would like some vehicles and battle stations now to go with my joes.
>You can still see that in the 1:18 threads
You know what else you see in those threads VEHICLES. Maybe that's the reason why the line is relegated to statue shit because there's not much for the figures to interact with that the classified line is churning out. No ones asking for 20 vehicles (yet) but damn where's the VAMPS or flight pods? The core strengths of gi joe is just getting sidelined to make room for dusty. Variety is what's lacking for the 1/12 figures. So there's not much to post about let alone buy.
>>
File: baroness.jpg (173 KB, 1500x1125)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>9788301
I have a bad feeling that the only large vehicle we'll see is a HISS, and it'll be relegated to a HasLab at like $200. Black Series still hasn't gotten an X-Wing after how many years? I don't have high hopes for anything larger than the motorcycles
>>
>>9788319
Is this worth getting or should I just stick with my retro baroness preorder
>>
File: I6pe5vL.jpg (217 KB, 2000x1500)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>9788509
Depends, I think the coil version matches Destro better, and you get some unique accessories, but the coil itself isn't interesting unless you really want something for the RAM to chase
>>
>>9788509
She has better defined colors and the motorcycle helmet so getting her for basically cost from Hasbro Pulse is pretty much a no brainer. At worst leave the helmet on for an extra bitch to run around
>>
File: 81hq8A44xjS._AC_SL1500_.jpg (276 KB, 1500x1500)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
Heavy Artillery Roadblock has been up on Amazon for "retail" ($24.99) for quite a while today in case anyone needs him: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08S59Z446/
>>
File: 1635496099344.jpg (1.7 MB, 2149x2702)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
>>9784086
ftfy
>>
>>9788319
>the only large vehicle we'll see is a HISS, and it'll be relegated to a HasLab at like $200
it'll be at least $400 if not higher.
>>
>>9788611
he's been going up off and on for over a week
>>
Seems like Targets Exclusive rights to CI figures has run out. BBTS has them for preorder and not at the insane price gouge prices they usually do for exclusives. Just the regular markups. Too bad all the vipers and Troopers have been sold out.
>>
>>9789226
>big bad scam site
>>
>>9789226
I'm not sure they even listed the Target Troopers/Vipers to begin with, as they're not in the site's sold out section, and there's not even much of a point since there's the Viper 3-pack and whatnot coming up.
>>
>>9789436
>I'm not sure they even listed the Target Troopers/Vipers to begin with
They didnt
>>
>>9789226
It's nice that I can finally pick up breaker, although I'm only really doing to for completion purposes. He's very plain otherwise.
>>
>>9789231
>They cut my ad revenue deal after I praised Hitler, it's not fair!
Another one of those things Jin Saotome needs to shut the fuck up about because we don't care if he's upset.
>>
>>9768234
Maybe it’s because I’ve been on the internet for too long, but mind always changes his name to “Cock Master” when I see it.
>>
>>9789526
fuck off diosoth
>>
PulseUK has updated the Fortnite Snake Eyes listing with physical product images and a release of May 30th.

https://uk.hasbropulse.com/products/fortnite-g-i-joe-collab-snake-eyes-zero-point-edition
>>
>>9792728
More color differentiation than I was expecting, hope more are available on release
>>
Flame Toys also revealed an AWE Striker kit, probably too small for Classified though

https://www.d4toys.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=427_473_512&product_id=1033
>>
>>9792737
It's definitely too small. Their Snake Eyes model is only 5".
>>
>>9792795
I'm sure someone will still try, and it'll be very funny
>>
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 208x243)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>9792728
>>9792734
>$60 for a repaint.

...And because it's "MUH SNEK EYEZ" Hasbro will get it.
>>
>>9792815
US has it listed at 39.99, which is still fucked, but I honestly might get it, cause I want the ninja star hand and extra color
>>
File: flj6kohhu5751.jpg (292 KB, 975x975)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
>>9792832
should have picked up overwatch ultimates genji
>>
File: prod_21291145812.jpg (483 KB, 2000x2000)
483 KB
483 KB JPG
>>9793739
Is that the white one's painted? Or that 4 pack version? I've thought about buying the Power Rangers Shadow Ranger for those hands, seems like the pegs are similar
>>
>>9794705
The hands on Doggie sit further into the forearm armor, so the wrists look skinny on Joes. The pegs are also a little thinner and spin too easily even if they stay in well enough.

Speaking of Power Rangers figures, anyone else use Phantom Ranger as a Motor Viper on the COIL?
>>
>>9795633
Should work, but PR are shorter than Joes
>>
>>9795637
The basic rangers are, but Phantom is around Flint's height with the beret on. Sadly, the helmet proportions are fucked up because Lightning Collection.
>>
>>9794705
I really like this guy, glad I got him. In fact lightening was really fun to collect but as
>>9795667 says, it became a real trainwreck of inconsistent qc. Phantom looks rad though and the toys were cool but idk man Hasbro gotta Hasbro the most excited and dedicated fan bases.
>>
>>9792734
>trans grenades
>>
>>9798934
>rent free
>>
Saddest ebay description ever, but I grabbed the Roadblock for like 14 shipped.
>>
>>9779658
Whats the green truck the warthog is aimed at called?
>>
>Went to Target today
>All the Snake Eyes movie figures are still full price
>>
>>9799385
I'll never understand spouses that do that. Unless you're in dire straights I don't see the need to make someone part with a collection they care about (especially at that kind of price). The day my wife asks me to get rid of my collection is the day I ask her to rip out her garden. Luckily we both are in agreement on that.
>>
File: 1436099078310.png (869 KB, 753x706)
869 KB
869 KB PNG
>>9799444
>Walmart still has pegs and pegs and pegs and shelves full of Snake Eyes movie figures
>>
3rd Slaughter coming from Action Force. Slaughter stopped by to cut a promo
>>
>>9799471
>tfw you don’t marry someone who hates your completely inoffensive hobby
Congrats man. Couldn’t imagine if mine made me dump the collection. Odd little problem to have.
>>
>>9799540
Slaughter is becoming the Roadblock of the Action Force line
>>
File: MAZ-7917 Ballist.jpg (354 KB, 1941x1344)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
>>9799433
IT's a MAZ-7917 and they're hard to find on ebay now. They're sandbox toys from Russia.

I forget the maker for them, as it went by other names too and i purchased it like 3 or 4 years ago
>>
File: soviet command.jpg (343 KB, 1560x1154)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>>9799723
And after some looking, the most common maker for it was Nordplast.
>>
>>9799715
You do what sells and Slaughter sells. Wave 3 is chicks so he'll probably get the AF version of Slaughter's Marauders
>>
>>9799433
Nordplast is the company.

Toys based on that truck are awesome and there are basically 3 versions built on it
1. Missile Truck - Two large missile tubes and fires ping pong balls
2. Command truck - pictured (big dish and troop compartment)
3. Transport version - this one has flip down rampsa drive on truck bed for transporting a helicopter or tank. The tank and heli are wildly out of scale and suck..
>>
>>9799471
If a wife don't respect your hobbies she doesn't respect you. As long as you keep it under control at least. Don't go broke and don't take over the house and you're good.
>>
>>9799780
>>9799723
Thanks anons, too bad it such a rare find
>>
>>9799471
I don't understand how issues like this are solved *before* marriage.
I understand that you need to downsize sometimes or that you grow disinterested and sell - but having someone else MAKE YOU?
nope.
>>
>>9799471
>>9799385
>NIB
Zero sympathy.

A woman who isn't okay with a toy collection isn't a keeper. A woman who doesn't want her home turned into a hoarder warehouse for unopened merchandise is SANE.
>>
If anyone was waiting for a sale on the Halo Mantis, it's half off at Target now.
>>
>>9800173
missile truck
>>
>>9800804
transport truck
- there was also a version of this with a out of scale missile launching APC or tank
>>
File: 5263131616.png (120 KB, 295x220)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>9800808
It also comes in white if this tiny picture from AliExpress it to be believed.
>>
>>9800915
Just looked no eBay for Nord Plast as two words and some guy is selling one for $580 shipped.

Insane.
>>
File: 834585358.png (267 KB, 1162x574)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>9801090
$580 is nuts when if you lived in Russia you could get one for $30, too bad none of the shops ship outside of Russia.
>>
>>9801096
I bought mine for $80 or thereabout. $50 was just for shipping.

Came in an oversized plastic bag and I'm surprised nothing broke, because the plastic is cheapo as fuck. Worse than PTE.
Took almost a month to get to me, so that's a lot of time being thrown around and piled into giant bins.
>>
>>9801090
well, Russia is being naughty currently
>>
>>9779655
nice jail set, it looks amazing. where did you get it? the stairs and barricades look sweet
>>
>>9801536
Walking Dead prison sets from the McFarlane lego line.

I bought about a few individual cell sets (sold as Upper and Lower sets) and a few of these catwalks when they were brand new, and just kept buying them when they were being clearanced off. So i have an excess amount just waiting to be made into something even larger.

You can still find them online with five dollar late comer tax, which is a pretty good deal, considering most shit has jumped up in price that much since then. They used to be cheaper than MSRP on ebay at least 2 years ago, but it seems stock is finally drying out and prices are creeping up.
Well worth it if you have any MegaBlok figures and want to do any dioramas. People have done larger shit for 1:18 figures as well, but it looks a little off.
>>
Anyone else notice a weird influx in edgy dumb shit with Joe photography since Classified has released? It's fucking weird
>>
>>9802826
Welcome to the world of 1/12th collectors
>>
>>9802931
I don't know, I've rarely seen superhero and Star Wars shots with this kinda stuff in it, with Joes, it's everywhere. So many torture scenarios, Snake Eyes decapitating people constantly, huge blood spurts everywhere, and now Joes committing a war crime. I know it's a military toy line, but it's never been that adult at all.
>>
Seriously wtf is this
>>
>>9802826
that shit has been around since the 90s. In the 00s, there were tons of galleries and websites where there were this sort of shit was common, just not with many blood effects.

Simple internet editors on phones have made it so anyone can easily add effects to their shit.

And honestly, you're talking about WAR toys. It's edgy by default, yet kids have played that shit all innocently, like war is fun and cute.
Getting shot is terrible, whether you've given up and expect a comfy dirt cage or are shooting back in complete terror to keep yourself and friends from getting shot to shreds or blown up in a fine mist.
>>
>>9802826
People have been taking kids toys, tv shows, etc and making them edgy and "grown up" for ages now.
>>
>>9802972
>>9802983
Guess it's a me thing then, like the abundance of violence across media, when presented so bluntly, is bothering me lately. I don't really know what to do anymore
>>
>>9802971
Mental illness?
>>
>>9802931
I’m not usually one to beat this dead horse but it unironically feels like this is the answer. These are the same people doing ACBA bullshit for capeshit figures, they take it way too seriously, and the more violent it is with their third party blood effects, the better.
>>
>>9802826

Cobra did nothing wrong. The war crimes of the USA will not go unpunished,
>>
>>9802954
I've found that babbys first dio is usually a torture room. Mine was a ruin.
>>
>>9803028
My dad is a military historian and I grew up on war the way some people grow up on sports. There's a fascinating book by a psychologist from west point called "On Killing" that influences my thinking on war and media on a daily basis. Humans came up in a violent world. It's an open question as to whether or not we should try to amplify or dampen those instincts, but it's a solved question as to whether or not we want to see them. For better or worse, we overwhelmingly do.
>>
>>9803493
In spite of that, the vast majority of humans who kill, like 98-2, suffer deep emotional damage from the act. There's a really good chapter at the beginning where he compares the modern western view of killing to the victorian view of sexuality. The combination of our prurient interest and the disconnection from the reality leads to a taboo that creates an unhealthy fetish. You be the judge, but I can't shake the insight.
>>
>>9803028
Not really.... I hadn't really watched any R rated stuff for a while but saw the new suicide squad when it released and really felt uncomfortable with the gore. I grew up with early 00s cartel videos and gore but hadn't seen that stuff for a good decade and half. Back then only really gory horror movies would have that amount of people getting ripped apart. Even shows have become super gory. Game of thrones level of violence wasn't seen in tvs outside of late night horror movie broadcasts or very rare episode which causes a lot of controversy and gets taken off air
>>
>>9803493
>For better or worse, we overwhelmingly do.
It's basically only in modern times where people have a problem with that shit, since the past couple of generations are completely disconnected from the horrors of real life outside of cities and suburbs.
Hence so many vegetarians, vegans, and people like >>9803028

We're talking about a series about killing terrorists, with a large part of that audience being fanatical about the terrorist organization. How disconnected is everyone to not realize how fucked that is as a concept? At least kids aren't fully aware of how all the weapons all their toys can harm people, but adults? What's wrong with them? To complain about some diorama scenes is probably the least fucked up thing all their toys are supposed to do in the stories for GI Joe.

Obviously, everything is fictional, so why even worry and complain? They're fun toys and you should have fun with them murdering the fuck out of each other.

>>9803552
>Game of thrones level of violence wasn't seen in tvs
Game of Thrones is an HBO show, and HBO has shown super violent shit since the channel started in the 70s.
Network television has shown gory shit too, back in the 90s, like Saving Private Ryan with almost no editing.
Cable channels started following suit, if they werent originators in keeping editing to a minimum. Of course, they didn't really have original programming to match that sort of content, because cable stations were too poor until the 00s.
>>
>>9767154
Got my croc master, only bought it for the alligator and it's great, you can get a decent amount of poses out of it despite it not having knee joints.
I hope this line gets more animals.
>>
>>9802826
I've seen so many god damn torture scenes with these figures, it's almost like a new breed of egy autism was born around them.
>>
>>9802826
>#warcrimes
>>
I kinda thought that good guys and bad guys shoot each other in the fictional world of make believe gi joe. Sometimes the good guys lose but mostly the bad guys can't achieve their goal and the cycle continues. Why in heavens fucking presence are you drawing some kooky ass parallel to real world violence. I'm just struggling to understand this conversation and have been since this thread devolved into whatever hugbox safe space echo chamber you goofs are creating. My Joe's shoot cobra, my cobra shoot Joe's. My autobots fight decipticons and my power rangers fight a monster every week. Guess I'm a crackpot.
>>
File: e7a.jpg (205 KB, 1916x945)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>9804573
It's okay to reflect on things and have a conversation about why we enjoy what we enjoy. People shoot each other in GI Joe, yes, but hyper violence has never been a part of it, that shit is dumb. Just cause people aren't calling each other names and being shitty like the other threads, doesn't mean it's a "safe space hugbox echo chamber" or whatever other buzzwords you can think of. If you can't handle that, maybe go find your own safe space instead of bitching about it.
>>
>>9804573
Joes and COBRA shooting each other is fine.
The problem here is with some dio builders they are really all about the torture scenes. ...er interrogation.
They bring a dark realism that's closer to the feeling of Midnight Express rather than Gunsmoke.
There are always going to be people who concentrate on the darker things.
But if you make a He-Man Dio chances are it's not going to be a torture room and it it won't have the "clever details" of maiming and severing limbs or bullet to the brain executions.
>>
File: alley vipers lot.jpg (64 KB, 717x538)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>9804600
>hyper violence has never been a part of it,
LOL, so what are flamethrowers, missiles, and grenades doing in GI Joe?

Being burnt to death is one of the worst ways to die.
Missiles and grenades work at killing you by either filling oyu full of broken shards of metal, steel balls, superheating the air around you so you cook like an airfried lobster plus suffucation, gooefing your innards with a pressure wave, OR/AND who knows what other sadistic shit that makes a serial killer pop a boner.

Hell, and how about the alligators for one of the upcoming figures? Being eaten alive is one of the few things humans usually don't die from anymore, yet here's a character who trains his animals to do just that for trespassers who walk onto his land.

Are you 10 years old and this is why you don't realize what this toyline has been glorifying for the past 40 years?
These aren't Adventure Team GI Joes. These are terrorists who want to stomp your ass and have all those weapons i talked about at their disposal, plus even worse shit. They're not decked out like this to build churches and walk your dogs... unless thats what you want them to do.

>>9804971
>They bring a dark realism that's closer to the feeling of Midnight Express rather than Gunsmoke.
There are torture scenes in the comics. Literal gulags and concentration camps appaered in the comics.
This has been part of the GI Joe universe since the 80s and the only difference in modern times is that a company like IDW could make it more graphic. Still the same exact types of actions happened in both series of comics.

Seriously, the fact that you're just now barely noticing shows how new you are to the franchise. The fandom hasn't changed at all since the 90s and maybe not even before then. Most people have read history books, watched tv, and movies, and are basically acting what they saw out in their playtimes since the 1800s, and stories were read and passed on orally before then.
>>
>>9802954
>Joes committing a war crime
terrorists are not recognized as prisoners of war
>>
>>9802972
>>9802983
>>9802971
>>9802954
>>9802826

Micheal Richards literally started his career doing this shit with his Battle Boy character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3emNv8MzSss
>>
>>9801867
Niiiice! I wish I had that. Super cool. Thanks
>>
>>9802971
>these are the people who insult you in a thread about looking for toys
some people are just disturbed. you cant let them spoil your day
>>
>>9803734
>To complain about some diorama scenes is probably the least fucked up thing all their toys are supposed to do in the stories for GI Joe.
GI Joe doesn't line up their surrendered enemies and slaughter them wholesale. GI Joe doesnt stand for cold blooded murder and it never did. If someone sees it that way, that's on them. Fine, but don't act like we're supposed to make them blood thirsty murders when they're portrayed as A Real American Hero in every form of media.
>>
File: gi joe 110.jpg (1.26 MB, 1200x1961)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>9805443
Geneva convention doesn't allow soldiers to shoot people when they're wounded and aren't even close to their weapons, but here's Quick Kick emptying out a machine gun into soldiers who are wounded and aren't even close to their weapons. Shooting people while they're down is pretty shit, but somehow that is normalized in all media.
The enemy was camping out, not even wanting to harm the prisoners in this comic, yet gets slaughtered while they were trying their best to ignore what was going on in a pit.

But i like how you're trying ot pretend that just because shit is A-OKAY because of some written document, because the things we use "legally" are still pretty horrific.

Do you think a soldier's death is less painful if they dose him with flaming jelly instead of getting showered in white hot snowflakes that can't be put out until it's used up?

Nevermind we do know that GI Joes are brought in to snipe some contractor, diplomat, and other non-combatants, but the only story we're shown are the ones where they choose not to. So regardless of a single issue, they have a history of wetworks. The leaders and soldiers themselves are shown to have no qualms in doing it either, because that's their job. They just choose not to do it because a better situation presented itself.
Nevermind most of the shit they do is still illegal and aren't even supposed to be at X, making every little action they do punishable by hanging at the Hague or wherever it is they hang war criminals for international thingies.
>>
File: 20200903_225831.jpg (2.53 MB, 2160x2880)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB JPG
>>9805572
I think it's more about the glorification of the violence and cruelty that we're getting at. Not every character is by-the-book, nor should they be. It's why characters like Destro are so important to maintain tone. Other Cobras can be as cruel as the story requires, but Destro's almost always in a position to pull some "honor" shit to hold back things like unarmed executions.

But I just jumped into this conversation, I don't actually mind people getting in touch with their edginess when taking photos of muh precious childhood characters. If they're being snobby about their photos versus my photos, well that's a different problem entirely.
>>
>>9805572
Its probably more that a lot of people's memory of GI Joe were the various cartoons, and lining POWs up and gunning them down ISIS-style, or beheading them is sort of eyebrow-raising when we're more or less talking about toys found in the kid's aisle of a department store and you're photoshopping blood over them as they commit war crimes, executing restrained enemies.
>>
>>9803734
I'm talking about gratuitous gore anon. Yes there was violence but nothing close to modern day shit. Plus pretty much none of the shows were part of their ears cultural zeitgeist like GOT. That's probably a different conversation tho.... because of social media and more humans watching stuff than ever before
>>
>>9805572
Well, in kharmic fairness didn't everyone there but Falcon and CC (and maybe the blonde guy, I assume is Duke) get gunned down the same way a couple of issues later.
>>
>>9805572
>>9806580
Bro, Cobra JUST unloaded on them in the pit while they were unarmed prisoners and shot their medic in the face. And the rest, aside from Duke, Falcon and Cross Country die when the vehicle they're on gets blown up.
But, I also just dislike this arc killing so many Joes off.
>>
>>9806613

That was it, I was thinking there were two different machine gun incidents and the second was Overkill (previously unnamed SAW Viper).

Still glad BF2K almost got completely wiped out
>>
>>9806632
>Still glad BF2K almost got completely wiped out
Fuck you.
>>
>>9806632
>>9806646
>>be Dodger
>>dodge the cleansing
got a repaint as well. Sadly his Colonial Marine look wouldn't help in against the Kenner Scorpion Xenomorph
>>
>>9806613
>>9806580
>GI Joe aren't murderers until they get murdered back
gee...
Still ignores the fact that they still do wetworks.
GI Joe aren't superheroes. They're not supposed to be.

>>9805689
Obviously, it can be that they only watched the cartoons and think it's a super safe kiddy story, but that's pretty naive of them. They want to believe it's completely that way, ignoring that the characters, themes, and designs are inherently anti-that.

People who play with their toys in an "edgy" way isn't going against how GI Joes written, designed, and its inherent theme. War is shit and wetworks are extremely shit, but people are drawn and create stories from them, and every single person is entertained by it, otherwise we wouldn't be here and buying military themed toys.

>>9805643
Yeah, not every character has no qualms against doing their job to the book, and that would make for prettty shit stories. It's what makes GI Joe so interesting.
You have characters that are extremely good at their jobs and still hold to their morals or try not to be total douchebags. Then you have characters that are so good at their jobs that it's just a job they do to a T.

Anyway, pretending something is ultra violent and another thing isn't just because there's some laws that say one thing is OK and another thing isn't is pretty ridiculous. It's extremely hypocritical.

>>9806649
Aliens Space Marine best. Everyone else was too outlandish.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.