[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 82 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Hi all, has anyone with one of these found a display case large enough to put one of these in? I don't mean like a piece of furniture, I just mean like you would put a figure in. I have shelves in my game room, and nearly everything is still in the box for display (amiibos). There is one corner of the room where I would like to put this big guy, but I also don't want to unbox him until I can put him in something to keep him clean. I work too much to be able to clean something like this often enough. Even something like using a can of air on it everyday would add up to the price of a display case eventually, and then surpass it, so I'd rather just immediately put him in one. I've searched a fair amount, but the best I've found is a custom display case site. Any help would be appreciated, thanks! Post what you're looking for, and maybe someone can point you in the right direction.
>>
>>9672851
Just buy a feather duster and use it every week or so.
>>
>>9672851
Look up locally, some sheet acrylic suppliers are able to cut and glue 5 sided boxes for you.
>>
>>9672851
Unironically Detolf.
>>
>>9672851
>I have shelves in my game room, and nearly everything is still in the box for display (amiibos)
>but I also don't want to unbox him until I can put him in something to keep him clean

Dusty shelves and amiibos confirmed.
>>
>>9673227
>Dusty shelves and amiibos confirmed.
The shelves are relatively new, only a few months old at this point, and I dusted them all as I placed them, but still, I would not doubt that you're right, haha. I just don't have the time...

>>9673157
>Just buy a feather duster and use it every week or so.
Eh, I could I guess, but again, I just don't have the time to devote to that. I'd have to get a ladder/stepstool each time, because the shelves are well above my head (above the door frame, so like nearing 7 feet high. I didn't think to mention that part before, sorry. Once the dust gets in the nooks and crannies, it'll never be pristine again. It's the entire reason why I left my amiibos in their box.

>>9673164
>Look up locally, some sheet acrylic suppliers are able to cut and glue 5 sided boxes for you.
Oh really? Huh, interesting. I'll have to see what I can find when I get a chance. Thanks!

>>9673216
>Detolf
I may end up getting one of those someday. I'm a little low on room for one of those, but it's still something to remember for later. Thanks!
>>
File: trash-only.jpg (1.04 MB, 3200x1801)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>9672851
I found the perfect display case for that statue, anon.
>>
>>9674806
>above the door frame, so like nearing 7 feet high
Sounds dumb, you can't see shit properly up there.
>>
File: pepe.png (33 KB, 860x589)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
Detolf is perpetually out of stock.
>>
>>9676621

My biggest gripe with Detolfs is that they have air gaps, and shit still gets dusty.. If you can afford it, get something thats "airtight" and is somewhat sealed to keep dust out.
>>
I guarantee you're not too busy to dust your figures youre just caught up in your stupid ass bullshit. Dusting a figure that size shouldn't take more than just a couple of minutes with the correct brush/duster. Fuck off and clean your fucking house and figures or just don't buy them if you're not going to spend the time to upkeep them. Are you even going to have time to look at it and enjoy it since you're so fucking busy that a few minutes of the entire day is too much to simply dust it? Not even a thorough clean, but just a dusting is too much time? You're full of shit. Do you also say you don't have time to go to the gym and then spend hours just lying around? You sound like it. Not even the busiest people on earth have too little time for their hobbies. Get out of your ass
>>
>>9675203
>Sounds dumb, you can't see shit properly up there.
Honestly, it actually worked out really well. The shelves themselves aren't super deep, so it's easy to see everything. I just got a bunch of shelf brackets to support the weight (which is practically nothing, but still), and got some thin wooden planks from Lowes. I cut them in such a way that they fit snug and form a single shelf all the way around the room.

>>9676621
>>9677056
>My biggest gripe with Detolfs is that they have air gaps, and shit still gets dusty.. If you can afford it, get something thats "airtight" and is somewhat sealed to keep dust out.
Ah, that's good to know. Thanks for the tip!

>>9677085
It is indeed a juggling act. I am not home on the weekends, and only have a few short hours to unwind every day after working all day. I actually just got home from work not too long ago (about 10:30pm), and my first meeting is at 9am every day. Granted, today was not a normal day, but I do generally work from 9am to 6:30/7. By the time I get finished making dinner/eating, it's generally 9pm or so, which doesn't leave much time to unwind before it's time to go again. If only there were more hours in the day.
>>
>>9676621
Just keep checking. I've seen it go in and out of stock for shipping on the website and various stores around my state getting them in and out.
>>
>>9676621
Speak of the devil, I did my weekly check and sure enough they have some available for delivery to me (at $50) and they have some at my local store for free pickup. Finally! I needed a second one to expand my Dragon Ball figures.
>>
>>9679789
Sweet, congrats dude!
>>
>>9672851
Wish I had that big MF but didn't find out about it till later. Don't have the skill for making my own either. Oh well.

https://youtu.be/1_Z7gICP0DU
>>
>>9682002
>Wish I had that big MF but didn't find out about it till later.
Yeah, I found out about it kind of late as well. I also didn't realize that they were actually two different statues (Collector's vs Regalla). It was only $50 higher for the Regalla edition I think....I should have just sprung for it. Oh well.
>>
>>9682002
Holy shit, that's awesome!
>>
File: 1648331070824.jpg (2.33 MB, 2047x1375)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB JPG
Got my second detolf in and set it up in my office. Here's my main display.
>>
File: 1648331436362.jpg (1.92 MB, 1102x2047)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
>>9694143
My bookshelf with muh superheroes.
>>
File: 1648331519678.jpg (1.68 MB, 2047x1279)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
>>9694154
And then my gunpla and Mezco's.

Come on guys, let's see some setups.
>>
>>9694143
>>9694154
>>9694160
Finally! Thanks for sharing, these are freakin' awesome! Also, I couldn't help but notice the highly poseable (I think?) MMPR figures with the dino and thunder zords. Are those from the lightning collection or something? I don't think I've seen any of those figures capable of the poses from the show. That's super sweet! Oh shit, you even have a Zordon. These entire displays are fucking sweet man.
>>
>>9695005
>Are those from the lightning collection or something?
The Rangers are LC yeah. They're decently posable and can get I to poses from the show just fine for the most part. There are some issues like because MMPR Green doesn't have a wrist that moves laterally, he can't really hit his iconic flute playing pose. You can fudge it a tad but it's not the best. Easily solved by using a hand that has a vertical hinge though. Zordon is also LC and you can't see him but Alpha 5 is hiding behind the Rangers.

As for the Zords the Dino Zords are the Soul of Chogokin ones. They were pretty heavily discounted for a minute there, got Megazord on an Amazon lightning deal for half off and then a few years later Bluefin had a black friday sale on their website where I got Dragonzord for $80. The Thunder Zords are the Bandai of America Legacy ones. They're pretty good imo. They have Zord builder ports so you can swap parts with other BoA Megazords like their Dino Megazord.
>>
>>9696103
Wow, holy shit. I'd love to dig out my old Ranger toys from storage (a "barn" at Mom and Dad's house) but I sealed them away for the final time probably 20 years ago, and they are totally inaccessible due to tons of junk that has been stored away in there as well...I hope they're in okay condition still...
>>
https://youtu.be/qTluXsF91O4 [Embed]

Video of my office from last year.
>>
>>9698161
Holy fuck dude, that's BITCHIN'!
>>
Dayum how long did it take to get all those?
>>
>Rule 2

Yeah yeah
>>
>>9710550
Nice display man! Did it come with the LED's, or did you add them custom?
>>
>>9715194
Just look like ikea detolfs and some led strip lighting to me, not sure if zip ties count as custom work.
>>
>>9715568
Yeah, I figured they were added after the fact, just figured I'd ask anyhow. I'm considering getting one.
>>
>>9694143
Is that the SOC Daizyujin next to the Legacy Thunderzord?
>>
>>9719840
Yes
>>
>>9719857
I didn't know there was such a size difference. I JUST got my SOC Daizyujin, it's still in the box. Can't wait to set it up.
>>
File: 20190429_010811.jpg (3.67 MB, 4032x3024)
3.67 MB
3.67 MB JPG
Got a lot of Glyos
>>
>>9720077
>Glyos
Hm, never heard of those before. Nice collection!
>>
File: 234585.jpg (145 KB, 1477x1108)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>
File: 234586.jpg (154 KB, 1108x1477)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkW7TvZLJl4

My video haul, sorry for without subtitles.
>>
Best way to add lighting to my billy bookcase? I don't wanna apply LED strips like this >>9710550 since for my black bookcase, it'll look tacky I think. Any products you guys would recommend?
>>
File: LED bars.jpg (113 KB, 1134x1186)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>9731994

Theres a few options. If you think the LED light strips look tacky, consider putting a thin molding on the bottom front edge of the shelves and top, so an LED light strip can sit hidden behind the molding.

Or instead of LED strips, get LED light bars. They cost more, but come in many different sizes and are already in their own self contained housing so they dont look like cut and stick LED strip lights. Certain setups can all be linked together so you can run many off one plug.

Either way you will have to drill a few holes, and modify some things to get wires in everywhere and try to keep them all as best hidden as you can.
>>
>>9731994
have you considered puck lights?
>>
>>9726587
>>9726588
>>9726590
That's super sweet man, thanks for sharing!
>>
>>9739583
You're welcome anon
>>
>>9739914
Is the thing at the bottom of this >>9726588 case actually a T1000 or does it just look like one? Where'd you get it?
>>
>>9740179
It's T1000 excatly, it's come with the HOT TOYS DX13 damaged version T800.
You can put the Terminator with it to make a fighting scene.
>>
>>9740292
Ah, I was kind of hoping it was available separately. Thanks anyway anon.
>>
>>9672851
What about like a big class dome? They sell some pretty big ones at craft stores and you can find bigger online.
>>
>>9740410
>What about like a big class dome?
Yeah, actually a cashier girl at GameStop had a pretty good idea that was similar. She suggested a small fish tank or something. I may have finally ended up with a solution. Found an antique wood/glass display case at an estate sale, so once I get a chance I'll see if I can get it moved inside and try it out!
>>
>>9740410
>craft stores
What are some craft stores, aside from Hobby Lobby?
>>
>>9748471
Where are you based?
>>
>>9726587
What units are these, exactly? Got a link by chance?
>>
>>9748796
>Where are you based?
Arkansas.
>>
File: 1595311915780.jpg (33 KB, 524x424)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
I have 2 detolfs whose glass walls have exploded. is it possible to get just 2 sheets of detolf glass?
>>
File: dd.jpg (75 KB, 800x800)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>9677056
You can fix this.
>>
>>9755316
This is what keeps me from getting one. I do not want an exploding glass time bomb
>>
>>9755316
The walls might be difficult since they're so big, I've had extra shelves cut for me by a local glazier. Maybe try a place that does car windshields, or the returns department of Ikea.
>>
>>9753291
michaels is the other large chain there, dunno what their options are.
>>
I've been thinking about getting an acrylic case for some of my figures, but I'm worried that keeping them in airtight enviroment may end up in mold showing up. You've got shit on Your hands even after washing
>>
>>9743142
>Found an antique wood/glass display case at an estate sale, so once I get a chance I'll see if I can get it moved inside and try it out!
Finally got it moved in, but the big guy doesn't fit in it! Guess I'll have to keep looking...On the bright side, I can use it to display my legacy consoles and such, I suppose...

>>9756059
>michaels is the other large chain there, dunno what their options are.
Ah, I think I've seen one around somewhere. Actually, I think it may have gone out of business! I'll look into it when I get a chance. Thanks!
>>
>>9673216
Anything similar to a detolf? It's such a simple design but I can't find anything like it that isn't going for like 500+ bucks. Ikea has just decided it won't ship anything to me for no reason even though it says in stock and deliverable to my address online. Even double the price would be fine, but I can't find anything less than quadruple.
>>
>>9760497
Is it possible for you to roadtrip to an Ikea and buy it in person?

And as far as I know, not really. Detolfs are famous for being the ONE affordable glass case, that's their lone claim to fame and there's nothing else really comparable price-wise.
>>
>>9760633
The closest Ikea is six hours away in a different province, so not really. I've been looking around frantically for something similar because I'm moving soon and want all my furniture in order ASAP, but I just decided to get something open for the time being.
>>
>>9761794
>six hours
That's basically like the drive from LA to SF, which I have made many times. It's not too bad honestly, you can go there and back in a day. Have some Swedish meatballs and lox while you're there, make an enjoyable day of it. I would do it if I really wanted the Detolf, but your own mileage may vary.
>>
File: toyz.jpg (1002 KB, 2126x1422)
1002 KB
1002 KB JPG
>>9672851
I got custom shelfs made by some random carpenter for like $300usd each (don't remember exact cost)
This is in Mexico tho, so they'll probably be twice as much wherever you live
>>
File: Untitled.png (680 KB, 1358x934)
680 KB
680 KB PNG
>>9676621
In stock where i live,but i was thinking to upgrading to one of these
>>
>>9762365
Holy FUCK, that's amazing man, wow! Also, I'm really loving that Metabee figure. Good childhood memories!
>>
>>9676621
Just keep checking once or twice a week. My local store has been getting them in sporadically and I was able to snag one recenly. They were sold out again for a while but I looked today after seeing your post and they're back in stock for pickup or shipping. Just be patient anon, they're out there, you just need to get lucky.
>>
>>9766053
Thanks! If people ask for them I'll be glad to do closeups
>>
File: IMG_0404.jpg (1.19 MB, 2448x3264)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
So, this just happened. The door just shattered randomly. This goes with out saying, but I don't recommend buying Ikea display cases. It lasted for about 4 or 5 years
>>
>>9769328
60 bucks for 4-5 years of use is really not that bad. I have 2 that are 4 years older than yours and still fine.
>>
>>9767868
No thank you.
>>
>>9769520
These aren't supposed to be perishable goods.
>>
>>9769328
I'm really afraid of this happening but yet part of me still wants a detolf.

It's at least tempered glass, so the pieces should be relatively large and hard to cut yourself on, right?
>>
>>9769328
nice diorama
>>
>>9770152
the point is that its a rare occurance and that at least you only paid 60 dollars for it. Not that its supposed to happen.
>>
File: 20220507_115735.jpg (1.81 MB, 2448x3264)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB JPG
>>9770673
Areas marked in red are where 2 screws screw into the glass door. Tightening these too much causes this.
>>
>>9770675
You built these kind of wonky too just by inspecting the photo. The one on the left the door is on the wrong side and the bottom hinge is backwards the screws are supposed to not be visible. Use the one on the right as the example. Most likely this was user error and looks like he sped through building the 2nd two at least or wasn't as careful.
>>
>>9770680
>>9770675
this makes me feel a little better about my detolf's longevity. i'm amazed you guys could see all that from that one relatively low-res photo.
>>
>>9770680
Can't you build the Detolf with the door opening to either side? I built one of mine with the door on like that now I'm scared.
>>
>>9772328
the door side doesn't really matter but the screws should technically be on the inside of the door. Also the screws that hold the metal plate to the door if too tight is the real issue. Also tightening the top down too much can also flex the glass. As long as you don't overtighten anything you should be fine.
>>
>>9772395
>>9772395
Ah ok. The screws on mine are facing inside on both. And I was super careful.about overnighting. My roommate helped me build it and he used to work in carpentry and really stressed that we had to be careful when tightening the screws.
>>
>>9767868
>>9766053
>>9762365
samefag
>>
Anyone tried converting those metal shelves like these into display ones? Don't live anywhere near an ikea and they don't seem to ship to here. So my only options for ready made ones are the more expensive cabinets.
I found some youtube videos about converting these metal shelves into display shelves by adding plexiglass to the sides and doors the front, while adding a white/black back to it. I've never built anything, so not sure how difficult it would all be.
>>
>>9770164
Yes, it shattered much like a car window. They basically all came out in chunks. I only cut myself once and it was my fault
>>9770173
Thanks
>>9770675
>>9772395
They weren't tightened too much, but I won't rule out it isn't a possibility. You never know.
>>9770680
The doors were switched around, so I could open all of the doors at one time, if I wanted to change stuff out. The first two were built at the same time and not rushed. 3rd one (far right) semi was. I am pretty sure the stress of opening of the door over several years cause this. Keep in mind, it just randomly shattered with out warning
>>
>>9772999
You just need the proper tools and good measurements.
It's as easy as a grade school project, with a little more precision and tools you wouldnt trust a kid with.

The hardest part is finding a company who sells plexiglass that large and the money to buy it. IF you luck out, they'll cut it to size for you, which cuts down on the tools you'll need.
>>
>>9773090
Not really sure whats considered large for plexiglass/acrylic glass sheets. I'm not planning on getting one of the big shelves. 30wx60h at most since I don't have a ton of space to work with.
>>
>>9772999
If you have hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to spend on plexiglass, they'll work. It'll probably cost about $400 in plexi alone.
>>
>>9772685
>samefag
Nope. Dunno about the other two, but I'm only >>9766053.

I know a few of you had mentioned Ikea Detolfs. Looks like they've been discontinued...
>>
>>9775008
Who says? Their website still has it and I can add it to my cart. Ironically, it's currently only in stock in black-brown, which was claimed to be discontinued back in 2020.
>>
>>9775008
>talking like that
Then go back, faggot.
>>
>>9775008
>Looks like they've been discontinued...
Definitely not. They go back in and out of stock online and at my local store pretty regularly.
>>
>>9762365
>>9763004
Now that I really think about it, ANY of these, even custom-made shelving, could shatter at any time too. It's not just Detolfs, any ol piece of tempered glass could just explode randomly at any time. So I might as well stop being scared and just get a Detolf.
>>
>>9769328
Usually it's the side glass panels that shatters because of people screwing the top screw too tight. But for the front, my guess is that the 4 screws (2 top, 2 bottom) that's held on by the hinges was screwed too tight. Having the screws to actually screw into the front glass panel is really worrisome when I assembled mine.
>>
>>9763004
Anyone using these for figures? I'm very tempted.
>>
>>9775216
>poorfag rationalization
pretty sad that people think tempered glass is supposed to break just because poorfag furniture does
>>
>>9779443
He's not wrong anon. Overightening screws on any lane of glass can compromise it.
>>
>>9779851
uhh, I'm responding to this guy >>9775216 saying
>any ol piece of tempered glass could just explode randomly at any time
Not >>9775867 , who is saying
>shatters because of people screwing the top screw too tight
>>
>>9779951
I'd assume he's referring to it "exploding at random" due to the screws being overtightened since that seemed to be the general consensus of the discussion up to that point.
>>
File: 20220512_095919.jpg (1.37 MB, 2752x1721)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
>>9770675
>>9769328
I've had mine for close to 13 years and have had zero issues aside from misassembling the baskets when I first got them (I quickly fixed it though). I've moved 4 times since purchasing them, going up and down 2-3 flights of stairs, across town on a uhaul, put in the back of a pickup truck, etc. Again, zero issues.
>>
>>9780312
>misassembling the baskets
I'm retarded, meant to say "brackets".

Not sure why I typed out "baskets"...
>>
>>9780312
Wow, that's a pretty sweet display you've got there, Anon. Thanks for sharing!

>>9775043
>Their website still has it and I can add it to my cart.
Interesting. I was not able to for either of the two models on the site. Maybe it's just because of the store I chose. The nearest to me is waaaaay up in Kansas...

>>9775077
>talking like that
>Then go back, faggot.
lol ok

>>9775215
>Definitely not. They go back in and out of stock online and at my local store pretty regularly.
Huh, interesting. I'm guessing they cannot be shipped though? No idea, never got anything from Ikea before. Especially since they're glass, I'd guess not...
>>
>>9781533
They might ship, but I wouldn't do it even if they did. Ikea's delivery service is legendarily bad, fucking up in just about every possible way.
>>
>>9769328
You should really buy some risers for your star wars stuff.
>>
>>9781533
I have the option to ship it to my home at the moment. I wouldn't do it because $50 is way too much for shipping when I live 10 minutes away from a store. When I went and picked up a detolf it literally took me 20 minutes round trip. Didn't even have to get out of my truck since they offered curbside pickup.
>>
>>9781667
>Ikea's delivery service is legendarily bad, fucking up in just about every possible way.
Hm, that's good to know. Thanks!

>>9782398
>I wouldn't do it because $50 is way too much for shipping when I live 10 minutes away from a store.
Nice, makes sense. The closest store to me is 3.5 hours away....
>>
Got some LED strip lights to enhance my antique display case. I noticed awhile back my exact model of display case in a flea market, and they had replaced the single bulb at the top with them. Hopefully I can get to work on that tomorrow...
>>
File: 1626857539544.jpg (5 KB, 249x297)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>nearest ikea is 9 hours away
>>
>>9786755
Update: The remote is kinda cheesy, but a single LED strip is way brighter and looks way nicer than the original bulb. I knew it would be, but I was planning on using two strips. Just the one has exceeded my expectations. If anyone is looking for a cheap LED Strip, I recommend the 6.5 foot Great Value brand. There are a few color options as well.
>>
Welp, had a good run. Thanks for sharing everyone! I really did enjoy seeing everyone's display cases. Perhaps someday I'll have a nice one of my own!
>>
RESTOCK
THE FUCKING
FABRIKOR
YOU FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
detolfs are TOO SMALL MAKE A BIG VERSION REEEEE
>>
>>9801284
Or at least keep them in stock...
>>
What do you guys think about the moducase? Are they the detolf killer? Its way more expensive but looks very nice
>>
>>9811678
Ok, I was ready to scoff at this, but I am actually considering buying now. The fact that they use acrylic is attractive, it is easily scratched but at least I won't have to worry about it randomly exploding one day.
>>
>>9811678
The modularity is confusing me a bit. What would I buy if I just want a replacement for a Detolf? Like one tall column with 3 or 4 shelves.
>>
>>9694154
What brand of bookcase is that?
>>
I CANT FUCKING FIND MORLIDEN DOORS FOR BILLY BOOKSHELFS AHH
>>
>>9811678
Thanks for putting me on this. It's pricey, but I think it's gonna be worthwhile. I live in an earthquake prone area so a Detolf was frankly just a disaster waiting to happen.
>>
>>9811678
>Are they the detolf killer
At those prices? Not a chance.
>>
>>9812524
Amazon. It's shit. I only got it because honestly I'm displaying $20 Marvel Legends with it. I don't need something that nice for them. It works.
>>
>>9811781
Maybe you could put it on your dresser or something. Theyre built so to can stack more on top of each other and they even have lights in them.
>>
>>9813184
Yeah maybe not but if you're someone whos willing to buy a figure thats around the same price point it might be worthwhile to get this one too. These are mostly for 1/6th scale figures like hot toys or statues02xx8
>>
>>9811678
>moducase
Looks cool, but:
>Estimated delivery for May 2022 orders will be late Q1 2023
Holy shit...
>>
>>9811678
A bit pricey, I wish they were glass instead of Acrylic, but I think they're the best option I've seen so far, especially if you have a larger collection. I've been planning on picking up a set of these for the last few years, and will probably be biting the bullet this year during their black friday sale.

>>9811781
With these you kind of need to evaluate based off of your needs and the options/accessories they sell. You could probably buy two cubes, stack them on top of each other and buy half shelves for each cube to give you a detolf style 4 shelf setup, but IMO these are more inclined towards larger wall-sized collections or displaying larger pieces.

>>9815553
I think they still make them to order, so you're encouraged to think ahead as to what you'll be needing and what your space fits. Definitely not ideal but I guess it's still shorter than most figure preorders lol.
>>
>>9811678
>moducase
so...its those stackable cube shelves with acryllic and LED? and you people are gonna pay that much? I guess a sucker really is born every minute.
>>
>>9816681
¡¡¡BROKE NIGGA ALERT !!!!!
!!!BROKE NIGGA ALLERT ¡¡¡

WEEWOOWEEWOOWEEWOOWEEWOO
>>
File: 9cd.png (28 KB, 578x712)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>9816954
>>
>>9816968
Lol Cope and seethe your way into the poorhouse nigga
>>
>>9816681
Dude I can't build shit myself. I managed to hammer my thumb building Ikea furniture. I'm paying for someone who knows what they're doing to guarantee that this thing will be strong and structurally sound and won't fall apart. And I don't see anyone else stepping up for cheaper, so it is what it is.
>>
>>9817022
>Dude I can't build shit myself. I managed to hammer my thumb building Ikea furniture.
I sometimes forget the kind of people I'm trapped on this board with.
>>
>>9819178
>I sometimes forget the kind of people I'm trapped on this board with.
lol
>>
>>9811678
What's this, a microwave oven?
>>
Would it look right if I display my Kamen Rider, as well as Power Rangers and Beetleborgs, on a shelf below my S7 Ninja Turtles figures? I mean I am considering buying the TMNT/PR collab figures.
>>
>>9694143
what shelf is in the middle?

that would be perfect for my office display
>>
>>9676621
FML
>>
>>9826036
>TMNT/PR collab figures
Oooh, those would definitely pull that display together man. Can't wait to see them!
>>
>>9826069
That is a an Ikea Kallax. You can get it in a varaiety of configurations. They even make glass doors for the fronts if you wanna go that route. I really like mine, it's solid as fuck and holds all my shit pretty damn well.
>>
>>9726587
What kind of cabinets are those?
>>
>>9831265
I just got some of those glass doors for one of mine. I wish they made then in black too.
>>
>>9836301
>>
>>9831265
Doesn't seem like the Kallax glass doors are available in the US.
>>
>>9836304
This is fucking cool, kinda makes me wanna do it to my Kallax. Most of these cube mods require them to be drilled in though, and I don't really want to modify mine since I have the now-rare old model, back when they had the super thick walls.

Also, displying stuff in a Kallax looks alright from a distance, but it really makes me realize clear shelves are a must. I never really get to see the stuff on the bottom cause I'm not going to crouch down to ground level to peer in there. And from any angle but front-on, you mostly just see white wall.
>>
>>9836725
Yes, the fact the cubes are closed on all but one side also means they don’t get as much light unless you install a light inside or pointed directly at them. I’m going to look for some lights I don’t need to wire so I don’t need to drill holes.
>>
File: 3-LED-Stick-on-Tap-Light.jpg (483 KB, 1100x1100)
483 KB
483 KB JPG
>>9838175
You could try an LED tap light. Some of the more modern ones are charged using a USB power cable.
>>
>>9838175
>>9838912
Maybe a battery powered LED light strip? I recall seeing some online awhile back.
>>
File: staircase display.jpg (187 KB, 1280x1280)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
does anyone know where I could find a display case similar to this type of mini stair style, but with a an enclosing to it? I have 33 chibis that are smaller then the ones in this picture taken from amazon for what im looking for, but I can't seem to find one that has it closed. any clues, names or links I should be searching by?
>>
>>9842555
Search for an "acrylic showcase". Adding "nail polish" might help since they tend to use those displays too.
>>
>>9842555
>>9842564
Not sure if something like this could work, but it does mean what you want should be out there

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2251832782662590.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt
>>
File: 61svFQy6l1L._AC_SL1000_.jpg (106 KB, 1000x1000)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>9842555
>>9842564
>>9842566
Or this https://www.amazon.com/Removable-Countertop-Collectible-Dustproof-Showcase/dp/B099WHYYZW?th=1
>>
>>9842564
>>9842566
>>9842568
thank you so much anons
>>
>>9842594
I am one anon, but happy to help.
>>
File: 20220523_235312.jpg (2.76 MB, 4608x2184)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB JPG
I bought this but I think I fucked up
You can barely see anything with the cabinet doors closed
>>
File: 20220523_235312.jpg (1.68 MB, 2178x2903)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
>>9842600
Oops
>>
>>9843417
you'll get it, anon
>>
File: 20220612_100043.jpg (2.34 MB, 4000x2252)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
Maybe now
>>
File: stormtrooper wannabe.png (80 KB, 140x274)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>9842555
what's that figure on the bottom right?
>>
Since the Ikea morlidens are impossible to find and are being phased out. I've been looking for other glass doors for my billy and I stubbled across something called HÖGBO.

Does anyone have one of these? It seems new and looks almost like a morliden.

https://www.ikea.com/nl/en/p/hoegbo-glass-door-white-20517243/
>>
>>9770164
Isn't tempered glass known for shattering randomly? That's probably what happened here >>9769328
>>
>>9845626
Yeah, it is. Overtightening the screws on the door, changes in temperature, tiny nicks in any edge, a lot of things can cause tempered glass to suddenly fail in spectacular fashion. It's normally very strong stuff though when it isn't spontaneously shattering. My friend has a tempered glass table and he treats it like shit, leans his entire weight on it, hits the bottom of bottles on it to loosen corks, etc. I'm really afraid every time he does it, but that table has held up for years.
>>
>>9845626
>This goes with out saying, but I don't recommend buying Ikea display cases.
The problem is, there is literally no alternative for me. I have looked all over. And it's not a money problem, I am more than willing to splash some cash on a great case. It's an aesthetics problem. Pretty much every other display case out there, including all those expensive new collector ones, ranges from "flawed" to "hideous" in my book.

Ikea has stripped the idea of a display case down to its barest bones: just glass, a simple base and roof, and a few wire struts to hold it all together. It's perfection in its simplicity, your toys are viewable from all angles, and the fact that it's perfectly clear through and through means light can get to figures relatively easily. People shit on the Detolf a lot but I think it's beautiful, a pure and understated piece that lets your toys do the talking. Everything else I feel is trying to have its own "personality" as a piece of furniture, or has large corner pieces interrupting the view, or worst of all, solid walls on some sides of the case.

If someone made a super expensive Detolf clone with acrylic sheets that'd be perfect. Just gotta be extremely careful with it, acrylic scratches much easier than glass.
>>
File: detolf sale.jpg (124 KB, 894x667)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>9846086
The problem is that most people judge tempered glass on shittyass furniture like the Detolf that was sold for $20. You know how they make a profit on that shit? By being thin, just enough mass to not collapse under its own weight.

Quality furniture uses thicker, heavier glass. That shit won't ever suddenly break on you and would need to have actual cracks for it to ever just "suddenly" break.
It's what zoos and aquariums used to use for fish tanks, where kids could bang on that shit forever and adulst could put their entire weight against it.... plus the multitude of tons of water.

Of course, zoos and aquariums switched to bullet proof glasses like polycarbonate, so pointy hard objects will have a harder time cracking the panes and causes less distortion than glass.

>>9846110
>unadjustable shelves that leave a ton of open space if you display 1/10 and smaller scales is ideal
are you sure you're not a poorfag? considering people on /toy/ have had custom made glass cases, which have adjustable shelves, and are long enough that they don't have to waste space by buying 4 other displays wwasting even more space because of the gaps between them?
>>
>>9848020
Don't you ever get tired of reposting the same bullshit over and over again? Like at least get some new material. How many times have you made this exact post?
>>
>>9848110
>implying 2+2=4 will ever change
call me when cheap thin panels of glass will ever match the strength of something 2-5x thicker or unadjustable shelves are better than adjustable shelves or poorfags dont rely on cognitive dissonance
>>
>>9848121
I'm displaying toys in my house where I'm pretty much the only person who will ever interact with them in person. I don't need bulletproof glass for my stuff because I'm not a fat fuck that clonks all over the house like you are evidently.

What the fuck do you thimk I'm displaying? Fine fucking art lol? They're toys, not some ancient artifact. I'd agree with you if we were talking about diolaying something more valuable than fucking Marvel Legends lol.
>>
>>9848020
How often are you hitting your glass display cases with sharp, hard, objects?
>>
>>9846110
Yeh. wish theyd make bigger sized detolfs
>>
File: 21LtMuT43qS._AC_.jpg (8 KB, 276x488)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>9672851
If you want to go the cheapskate route you can look up 'acrylic display boxes' on Ebay. You can also find plastic flower display domes in dollar stores.

Also, you could try getting an air purifier. You'll still have to dust your collection but a purifier will cut down on how often you'll have to dust it.
>>
>>9848601
Hopefully nothing ever hits glass like that, but I'm just saying why Detolfs seem to randomly explode. There doesn't need to be visible cracks, just microfractures, because Detolfs are use cheap thin glass, which is why they break all of a sudden. That can't happen with thicker glass, found on quality furniture. Actual visible cracks need to form on those before they break.

>>9848129
> I don't need bulletproof glass for my stuff because I'm not a fat fuck that clonks all over the house like you are evidently.
It's only one added benefit of buying better glass cases. You're the one saying Detolfs are somehow perfect, despite the waste of space because they're unadjustable shelves. Do you only collect Hot Toys, which actually fit in there perfectly? IS your collection so small you'll actually fit it in the 4 shelves they provide? Nevermind that bottom shelf is practically worthless for display, because it's at the bottom.
All that wasted space, which becomes more wasteful if you buy multiple Detolfs.
>>
>>9842605
got dang, can i get a better picture of that super build tiger
>>
>>9850242
>but I'm just saying why Detolfs seem to randomly explod
Because smooth brains assemble them wrong?

>That can't happen with thicker glass, found on quality furniture
It absolutely can if the furniture is misassembeled causing undo stress on the glass. This is the case for literally everything, even bulletproof glass. If there's is undo stress being applied that the glass wasn't designed to handle, then it'll break. That's just life.

>Actual visible cracks need to form on those before they break.
No... No they don't... What makes you even think this?

>You're the one saying Detolfs are somehow perfect, despite the waste of space because they're unadjustable shelves. Do you only collect Hot Toys, which actually fit in there perfectly? IS your collection so small you'll actually fit it in the 4 shelves they provide? Nevermind that bottom shelf is practically worthless for display, because it's at the bottom.
>All that wasted space, which becomes more wasteful if you buy multiple Detolfs.
Actual mental issues right here. Why would you give a fuck about how much negative space I may or may not have in my collection? What kind of fucking weirdo are you?
>>
>>9850522
You've already admitted to buying cheap cases because you only buy shit toys, your opinion on good displays is worthless.
>>
>>9850527
If you didn't have an actual argument, why'd you even bother replying?
>>
>>9850529
As opposed to your "nuh-uh, detolfs are perfect"?
>>
>>9850522
Some of us have things actually worth displaying, rather than clusterfuck rows of marvel legends with a foot of space above them.
>>
>>9850532
Ok pissbaby

>>9850539
Oh really? What do you display Mr. High Brow taste?
>>
>>9850522
>It absolutely can if the furniture is misassembeled causing undo stress on the glass
Of course, but you literally need to create a crack. You know you fucked up and know that that shit will break. On thin cheap glass, no cracks need to be visible to suddenly break, because it's thin light glass that can barely support its own weight.

>What makes you even think this?
Because that's how it literally happens. Aside from extreme heat and cold, when have you ever heard of a windshield suddenly breaking? Or aquariums? Windows on high rise buildings?
Most times you only hear about that shit is from being installed, so the crack happens on the EDGE of a glass, where it gets hidden by a frame or/and insulation.
These are KNOWN factors and why so many companies watch out for that shit.
My parents bought glass tables and only a single table broke, and it was thin-shit because it looked pretty. They learned to make the switch to thicker glass and all of them survived being abused by me and my siblings in a hundred thousand different ways.

>What kind of fucking weirdo are you?
One that finds it weird someone who claims that money is no issue but thinks cheapshit is "perfect" or "ideal" despite all the drawbacks of unadjustable shelves.
People with money don't like obvious drawbacks and spend extra money on something that actually fits their needs. The dumb ones think that brands = quality, but that usually isn't the case and is a whole can of worms by itself.
>>
>>9850546
>Of course, but you literally need to create a crack
Not necessarily. Bowing and bending can cause breakage without visible cracking. All glass, if used not as designed, can break. Getting mad at any specific piece of furniture because glass can break if misassembeled is like being mad that water is wet.

>Aside from extreme heat and cold, when have you ever heard of a windshield suddenly breaking? Or aquariums? Windows on high rise buildings?
Depends. Did some smooth brained retard assemble those things? I mean the very example of a detolf breaking in this thread can be traced back to, anon fucked up and misassembeled the door.

>My parents bought glass tables and only a single table broke, and it was thin-shit because it looked pretty. They learned to make the switch to thicker glass and all of them survived being abused by me and my siblings in a hundred thousand different ways.
Great anecdote there. Doesn't discredit glass from breaking because you're apparently a ham handed retard that can't even assemble Ikea furniture correctly.

>One that finds it weird someone who claims that money is no issue but thinks cheapshit is "perfect" or "ideal" despite all the drawbacks of unadjustable shelves.
First of all, I never said money is of no issue in this argument. Don't put words in my mouth. Not did I ever claim the detolf was perfect. All I claimed was that if you misassembele glass it can break and that applies to literally anything with glass. Thin glass, thick glass. It doesn't matter. If you go and stand on your mommy's coffee table I'm sure it'll break, because it wasn't designed to hold up 400lbs of mental deficiencies.
>>
>>9850546
>The dumb ones think that brands = quality, but that usually isn't the case and is a whole can of worms by itself.
The ironic thing is you do this very thing when someone brings up how McFarlane figures are trash.
>>
>>9850553
Good glass furniture doesn't explode due to a screw being half a millimeter too tight. You're projecting a lot on the mental illness front to defend cheap glass dude.
>>
>>9850553
>Bowing and bending
That's a noticeable sign though.
>All glass, if used not as designed, can break
Obviously, but again, there are signs thick glass will show, unlike thin glass that can break just from microfactures you can't see. Cheap thin glass can break before visibly flexing too.
>I mean the very example of a detolf breaking in this thread can be traced back to, anon fucked up and misassembeled the door.
Again, there may be no noticeable sign though. Yes, its their stupid fault it broke, but without an outward sign, it seems like it just randomly explodes. Again, with thicker glass, that's all but impossible.
>Don't put words in my mouth.
What's the connotation on this then?
>It's perfection in its simplicity,
>And it's not a money problem, I am more than willing to splash some cash on a great case.
>People shit on the Detolf a lot but I think it's beautiful, a pure and understated piece that lets your toys do the talking
Yeah mean the toys at the very bottom, with an entire foot of space above your 6" figures? Yeah, such beauty and talking from way down there, because shitty unadjustable shelves where the people need to buy aftermarket modifications to make their shelves usable.

> If you go and stand on your mommy's coffee table I'm sure it'll break, because it wasn't designed to hold up 400lbs
Funny enough, one of their dining tables could actually hold more than that. But i guess someone poor like yourself would never know how good quality shit actually is, otherwise, you wouldn't be defending wasteful cheap detolfs.
>>
>>9850571
>Good glass furniture doesn't explode due to a screw being half a millimeter too tight.
That isn't what happened with the example posted here. He assembled the door with the hinges backwards causing undo stress on the glass.

>>9850582
>Obviously
Then what are you sperging about?

>Again, there may be no noticeable sign though.
Ya know other than hinges being installed fucking backwards.

>but without an outward sign, it seems like it just randomly explodes.
But we've established it didn't just randomly explode. It was misassembeled. I don't understand your logic. You're now getting upset about things that didn't even happen.

>Again, with thicker glass, that's all but impossible.
Again, if you misassembele something it's going to cause u do stress onto it's parts. No matter how thick.

>What's the connotation on this then?
That's literally a completely different person. You're incredibly terrible at differentiating posters on here and conflate everyone who disagrees with you as the same person. Don't be such a schizo. >>9848110 was my first post. And quite obviously that anon is being factitious. It's a sign of autism to be unable to detect sarcasm.

>Funny enough, one of their dining tables could actually hold more than that.
Pics of you jumping on it or it's a cheap piece of shit. Also lol @ you not green texting the mental deficiency part.
>>
>>9850614
What undue stress does the hinge being backwards cause? Especially when the door can open either side.
>>
>>9850632
Fuck if I know. All I do know is that anon clearly misassembeled his detolf, putting the hinges on backwards, which caused it to break. If I had to guess, I'd assume it's flexing the glass in a way it's not supposed to.
>>
>>9850614
>Factitious
What were you trying to say? Because no matter what word you were going for you're using it wrong. There was no sarcasm, just your own deficiencies, unless you want to claim being "factitious".
>>
>>9850646
So you're talking complete shit, which was obvious anyway.
>>
>>9850614
>you mean you don't memorize every Anonymous on /toy/ through their vernacular and metre? LOL
I'm sorry for mistaking a poorfag defending shitty detolfs with another poorfag defending shitty detolfs.

> I don't understand your logic.
What's not to understand? Guy didn't know he misassembled it (hence misassembling it) or didn't know that misassembling would cause it to explode Sunday morning, 89 days later, because the glass showed no outward signs of damage without looking at the stress point through a microscope.

>No matter how thick.
Again, quality glass would literally need a visible crack or other visual sign, because that's how durable they are. They don't break from microfractures because of dat mass.

>And quite obviously that anon is being factitious.
oh, nice "i'm totally not samefagging" and trying to cover your poorfag ass by saying "he" was only pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>9850656
I'm typing in my tablet. It autocorrected from facetious to factitious. My bad.
>>
>>9850664
>I'm sorry for mistaking a poorfag defending shitty detolfs with another poorfag defending shitty detolfs.
Stop conflating everyone who disagrees with you as one person. It makes you look like you have autism.

>Guy didn't know he misassembled it (hence misassembling it) or didn't know that misassembling would cause it to explode Sunday morning, 89 days later, because the glass showed no outward signs of damage without looking at the stress point through a microscope.
Or that the hinges were on backwards. Someone in this very thread was able to determine this just from looking at the image.

>Again, quality glass would literally need a visible crack or other visual sign
You repeating this shit ad nauseam doesn't make it true. Thick cuts of glass can absolutely shatter without any visible signs. The fact you keep harping on this makes the autism seem more likely.

>oh, nice "i'm totally not samefagging" and trying to cover your poorfag ass by saying "he" was only pretending to be retarded.
Sorry if I have an easier time of interpreting sarcasm than you do. Once again, being unable to detect sarcasm is a sign of autism.
>>
>>9850669
Which is what I expected, but you're still wrong, they pretty clearly weren't being facetious. It's a sign of mental deficiency to make your own meanings out of clear cut posts.
>>
>>9850672
The hinge being backwards (screws, if you could read, which still doesn't matter) was on one of the ones that didn't explode. The door can be installed on either side without issue.
>>
>>9850676
Sorry that you have a tough time detecting sarcasm. Must be a hard life.

>>9850679
Yes but the screws should face inside no matter which side you mount the door on. It's obvious the guy did a subpar job building his detolfs.

I also never claimed the detolf as being perfect. It isn't. But for $60-$80 it's definitely not bad by any means. I mean you guys are resorting to fringe cases of glass randomly exploding and whining about what negative space people may or may not have in their display. It comes off as nitpicky as fuck.
>>
>>9850684
Please point out literally anything indicating sarcasm in this post >>9846110

Your entire argument has been wrong, make some final response projecting your retardation on everyone else and then please leave the board.
>>
>>9850691
What display case do you use anon?
>>
>>9850693
I've got a little of everything, moducase, Billy with morlidens, large acrylic boxes. I don't trust glass shelves.
>>
>>9850695
>moducase
Hideous and expensive. I can't believe you fell for that meme.

>Billy
Also fucking hideous. I'm not spending $150 on something that looks like it came from Walmart.

>large acrylic boxes
Also gross. Opinion immediately discarded.
>>
>>9850700
You can go now.
>>
>>9850700
>I'm not spending
We know, you couldn't afford it
>>
>>9850750
>paying $150 for Walmart tier bookshelves
>>
>people are arguing over display shelfs..

to be fair tho i cant find any good display options other than the detolf unless i go custom
>>
>>9850672
>Stop conflating everyone who disagrees with you as one person
apparently I'm not, considering you're trying so hard to say that "other guy" was totally just joking around when saying the Detolf was totally perfect for his uses... in putting a tiny collection onto 4 shelves, one of which is completely shit for displaying because it's less than one inch off the ground and all the shelves are unadjustable.

>You repeating this shit ad nauseam doesn't make it true
But it is true and a simple google will bring it up: https://chicagowindowexpert.com/diagnosing-glass-breakage/ https://www.constructionspecifier.com/spontaneous-glass-breakage-why-it-happens-and-what-to-do-about-it/
Quality shit is almost impossible to break without outward signs, especially since we're talking about indoor furniture, specifically shelves, and how they'll hold up through normal use.

You know what isn't quality? Ikea's poorfag detolf, hence randomly breaking from simple mistakes or a large toy tipping over causing a stress point that will cause the glass to explode 11 months from now.

>ib4 the guy's dumb for overloading his shelf
yeah, at 12lbs max per shelf, it is pretty shit, yet almost everyone on /toy/ stacks that shit in anyway.

pic of one of the few times I've seen it used in good taste.
>>
>>9850757
They're $60, you tard. You've had your tantrum, slink back to your marvel legends.
>>
>it's another subjectanon spergs about detolfs episode
>>
Enough arguing and just post displays. Here's my Nintendo shelf. I like the colors
>>
>>9850963
I already posted mine earlier in the thread
>>
>>9850166
>If you want to go the cheapskate route you can look up 'acrylic display boxes' on Ebay
Ah, thanks! I hunted around a little earlier, but hadn't found one that was quite big enough, yet. I'll keep looking when I get time. Thanks!

>Also, you could try getting an air purifier
Another great idea. Thanks! I really should consider that regardless of my collection. I recently decided to grab a couple of indoor plants to improve my air quality. An air purifier would give that effort a huge boost. Thanks!
>>
>>9850963
Fuckin' nice, anon! I'd love to have all of those figures, honestly. Especially the Zelda ones.
>>
>>9850166
>You'll still have to dust your collection but a purifier will cut down on how often you'll have to dust it.
This is a lie

Literally has no noticeable difference in the amount of dust that builds up over time. You can run that shit at max 24/7 and even if it's right next to a stand or bookcase, you won't notice a difference. In fact, it will do the opposite if you buy one of those fancy ionizer that charges the air and attracts more dust.

Only reason to buy an air purifier is if you have allergies.

t. owner of 3 air purifiers that are regularly cleaned and filters replaced
>>
>>9862115
>In fact, it will do the opposite if you buy one of those fancy ionizer that charges the air and attracts more dust.
Ah, that definitely makes sense. Hm..this is obviously overengineering, but it would be interesting to experiment with one of those by placing it in a specific corner of the house where you wouldn't care as much to get dusty, and see if it makes other parts of the house LESS dusty. Basically the same idea as placing fly traps where you DON'T want the flies to be.
>>
File: ionizer.jpg (39 KB, 904x842)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>9868262
Ive experimented. Three air purifiers in a single room.
Two air purifiers right next to a book case.

Doesn't do shit in a noticeable way.
The only way air purifiers have everh elped me was WHILE DUSTING. Put one right next to wherever I'm dusting and it'll catch the dust as it goes down. Literally needs to be right next to the spot I'm dusting to actually help, btw.

I imagine you two giant fans the size of your walls going at full blast to actually catch a signficant amount of dust. Even then, you'd still get dust, as the air travels across your room, dust will stick onto whatever is in the path.

>this is obviously overengineering
IT's not. The concept of charging the air is just so more particles are caught either in the filter or in the surrounding area.
They sell things like this that you just attach to the wall and those little bristles at the bottom create the negative charge for cleaner air. No fan. No filter. "Magic"... in the form of dustier floor and wall, and any furniture around it. It works well, if you buy enough of them.

Dusting isn't ever going to magically get better anytime soon.
>>
>>9780312
psycho rangers looking mint fren
>>9850769
finally a nice restrained themed detolf, bury naisu
>>
>>9862115
>>9868262
Some of those Ionizers like the SHARP ones are actually intended as ozone generators and I'm pretty sure increased oxidation isn't good for toy materials.
>>
I bought a custom glass display for a few hundred but i am regretting not just getting a detolf...
>>
>>9868641
You'll start experiencing health problems before enough ozone is generated from those things to damage your toys.

Home use ionizers are mostly safe to use. Just keeping your room open to outside air or even just leaving a door to another room open is enough to dissipate that ozone.
At worst, your toys will yellow maybe 1-10% faster, depending on how still the air is in your room. It's basically the difference between keeping them in a sealed glass case vs keeping them on an open shelf. You won't notice the difference, unless you compare the same toy side by side to notice the slightly different shade of white or skin color.
>>
File: musclemania.jpg (75 KB, 600x448)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
I have a lot of small figures. MUSCLE, Zbots, other small figures in that size.
Been looking for a good way to display them. I know that shot glass display cases are an option but they tend to not have enough slots. Anyone have some good ideas for displaying these small toys? I know awhile back I saw an anon post a MUSCLE collection in an acrylic display case but I have not been able to find one.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (211 KB, 1280x720)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>9869434
I've seen a lot of people use grid-style displays for small toys like keshi. Look around for some like that. Or if you have the design abilities, just come up with plans for a simple wood or acrylic one that slots together and then have a service cut it for you. You know, something like this, but with square holes instead of rectangular. You can find your biggest figure and use that to determine cell size.
>>
Have any of you guys ever tried the kallax windows from wicked bricks?
>>
File: 1617206694121.jpg (30 KB, 567x542)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>9672851
>Been needing a new detolf since my collection grew
>Every Ikea store is sold out of the detolf I want
>Been over a month at this point
>Swedish bastards discontinued the black version of the detolf that I want

Anyone got another display case they can vouch for with very similar measurements?
Measurements:
Width: 16 3/4 "
Depth: 14 3/8 "
Height: 64 1/8 "
>>
>>9870234
Not really. There's still no real Detolf alternative, which is why it remains so popular. Consider buying a different color and painting it. It's not that hard.
>>
>>9870353
You're right. I did some googling and found out IKEA is having a huge shortages at the moment. Which I don't seeing it improving any time soon. I was hoping someone had an alternative to IKEA display case.
>>
>>9870234
They black one isn't discontinued. My store was out of them for the longest time until one day they randomly came back in stock. Just be patient. They showmup every once in awhile.
>>
File: EDIT_IMG_20220627_074010.png (3.62 MB, 2301x1728)
3.62 MB
3.62 MB PNG
>>9776341
I just assembled 2 of them yesterday,nice looking shelf's but i am going to do a little modifying to completely seal them up.
>>
>>9872129
The bezels are not to my taste but this'll probably look fine once you get some lights in there.
>>
>>9872196
They are too thick for my taste as well, but at least there is enough space to display everything properly.
I think I should have no trouble displaying 8 to 10 figures per shelf.
>>
>>9868415
>IT's not.
Oh, I just meant my idea, not the design/concept of the ionizers.

>>9872129
Damn, that's super nice, honestly.
>>
File: imright.png (40 KB, 899x289)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>9870398
I'm going off what google gave me.
>>
>>9875793
They must've changed their mind because I got one back in March.
>>
>>9875793
Idiot
>>
File: 1618072232599.jpg (52 KB, 679x376)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>tfw extra 30" black Billy shelves have been out of stock everywhere in the New York City/Long Island area for the last 7 months despite there being 5 fucking Ikeas within an hour's drive of Manhattan

Every time I'm at the Hicksville or Brooklyn ones they have a shit ton of the White and Birch ones but never any of the Black. How the hell can there be a shortage on part of what's their most popular item?
>>
>>9875878
I live in Canada and it's the same deal. I had to wait 3 months for Ikea to notify me that they're finally getting the shelves back in stock (I just need an additional black shelf). And unfortunately that's in mid/late July....
>>
File: 20220630_045418.jpg (1.61 MB, 1990x3997)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
This case is from furniture row. Its like $500 but I really like the design.
>>
>>9878700
god why arent full glass displays more common

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.