[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: RG Hi Nu.jpg (2.74 MB, 1760x1800)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB JPG
>"If you're new, you're gonna fuck up. Don't worry! If you're experienced, don't make the new people worry!"

***READ THE GUIDE***

Discord
https://discord.gg/SpSw2QbycH

The guide:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSBDfE8Iz-a86DZJCR5MHRW6tjkQX-y4-ZpUc_vHjRfx_i2FB0zR1usdrgUJ4wNTs1iDFZmTQHF66X_/pub

And a handy guide to other types of plamo: http://www.mediafire.com/view/1vf1aw7v91pz5pa/Airfix%20Model%20World%20Specia%20(Scale%20Modelling%20Step-By-Step).pdf
http://www.scalemodelguide.com

Some line art:
https://imgur.com/user/Gundaml1neart/posts

Previous thread: >>9542686
>>
==GM GROUPBUILD==

Build and customize a mobile suit from the GM family of mobile suits in any way you can imagine! That means any suit that either has "GM" in the name or in its model number is A-OK to use. This includes
>Normal OYW GMs and their variants (ie. Sniper, Cannon, Interceptor)
>Post-OYW GMs like the Powered GM or GM Quel
>GM II/GM IIIs
>Suits from the RGM family of suits (Jegans, Jestas, Heavyguns, Jamesguns, Javelins)
>SD GMs
Conversely, this excludes:
>UC suits without the RGM model number (ie: Nemo (MSA-003), Gun Blastor (LM111E03))
>GM equivalents from other Gundam timelines (Daughtress, Windam, Adele, etc)
You can still source parts from other kits for your builds, but the basis of your entry has to be at least 50% GM when it comes to the original parts used. The 50% limitation refers only to the body itself, you're free to do what you wish with your suit's equipment.

Send all photos (Both WIPs and Finished photos, with multiple angles/poses) and a short description of your build to gunplaplamo@gmail.com once you're finished.

START - 11/1/21
END - 2/28/22
>>
File: 00a8.jpg (1.28 MB, 3007x1990)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
let's see what everyone is working on.
>>
This is weird

I just got the reissue (blue logo) of hg zaku 3
The shop says they got the shipment last week

Now I am in Taiwan and they got this in store so why does Japanese store such as 1999 still says out of stock?? You would think bandai would fulfill Japan's own demand before shipping over sea

I wonder if they change the runner color with the reissue
>>
Anyone have any experience with the MG Barbatos metal parts kit? I'm having trouble getting some of it to stay together (or even go together in the first place, the gappage is real).
>>
i was watching a Mecha Gaikotsu vid on youtube and had a feeling like 'wtf am i doing with my life?'
anyone else had that?
>>
>>9550544
could have sold out instantly
>>
>>9550558
In terms of reviewers he's trying to appeal to younger people. There are other reviewers who are not so WOWIEZOWIE and are just there to showcase and review the product. Try one of them.
>>
>>9550558
No one cares.
>>
>>9550558
Yea, why am I watching an American when Japanese is much better?
>>
File: 20220112_061159.jpg (238 KB, 1152x2048)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>9550558
Mecha would be a far better toy reviewer than a Gunpla reviewer. For someone who has been apart of this hobby for years and still treats models like action figures is really telling. That and his refusal to remove nubs, usage of extremely thick panel lines, and overall very amateurish builds he throws out just for the sake of beating other people to the first review of a kit. Pic related is his "complete" Livelance.

tldr; never take anything he says in his reviews seriously
>>
>>9550678
I don't agree with this at all. Reviews are generally a game of speed, both in toys and gunpla. Everyone wants to be the first to the table, it gets you the most views. Hell, even some very talented Japanese modelers slap up a review as fast as possible with horrible nubs and no lining, then upload fully painted and polished builds later down the line. You don't have to like it, but it's just the way things work nowadays, if you aren't first you've already lost. This is why certain reviewers end up paying hundreds of dollars for early copies of $20 toys, just for that exclusivity.

I don't know his reasoning for thick panel lines, but it's possible he's aping dalong, who intentionally panel lines thick to make them apparent to viewers.

And for someone who builds kits for a living, you can't be expected to put in full effort on every kit, there simply isn't enough time in the world. For a gimmicky Build series kit, this is exactly the level of effort I would expect--save your energy and go all-in on the important kits, the PGs, the P-Bandai MGs, etc.
>>
>>9550678
He doesn't even put any of the stickers on. Just real low effort shit
>>
>>9550742
wtf are yoou talking about? there are literally visible stickers in >>9550678

and you NEVER sticker if you think you might want to paint later, that's basic shit.
>>
>>9550678
Those fucking faggy nails. Yikes!
>>
>>9550740
You've made a fair point, I can see where I've been close minded on his thought process. My bad.
>>
>>9550747
Nah, watch his videos, he'll put on the eyes and maybe one sticker of each type and leave the rest on the sticker sheet. For RG's and MG's he leaves 90% unused just to get the video out early. That's low effort.
>>
>>9550763
>just to get the video out early
see
>>9550740

I don't even watch the fucking guy, I just think it's weird how far backwards you guys are bending just to complain about something. Like, have you never seen toy reviews before? This is something tons of big reviewers do, it's standard.

>>9550761
Respect, I like it when people can peacefully accept different points of view.
>>
>>9550766
I don't care if others do it, I'd call them lazy and low effort for that too. We all know toy reviewers aren't exactly the benchmark for anything, they're reviewing fucking toys. My other toy related hobby is scale models and those guys put in 100x effort which talentless gunpla and toy reviewers simply cannot
>>
>>9550740
He says he just uses god hands and makes no extra effort to sand/remove nubs so you can see what the kit looks like if you put in the bare minimum effort so anything else is obviously going to be an improvement

But I suspect it's mostly like you said and just so he can get the review out quick
>>
>>9550763
>why doesn't he spend 4 hours putting 200 tiny red dot stickers on every RG

I'm sure you do too
>>
>>9550842
So you admit he's "reviewing" what an unfinished kit looks like
>>
>>9550861
Over half of the video is articulation, if you want to see what the finished kit looks like you can just look at the 3d renders from bandai
>>
>>9550678
>paints his nails
>doesn't paint his kits
All I needed to know.
>>
>>9550878
Making these many excuses for laziness
>>
>>9550558
If you watch youtube videos, you are wasting your life.

Next question?
>>
>>9550882
Post your kits
>>
>>9550961
see >>9549430
>>
Is it worth trying to get the RG Nu Gundam Second Funnel upgrade kit or are you better off getting a second Nu Gundam to get the wing look?
>>
File: IMG_20211228_164000.jpg (1.67 MB, 4000x1800)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB JPG
>>9550961
I build gunpla for relaxation between actually building something challenging. Your turn
>>
File: IMG_20211218_223905.jpg (1.84 MB, 4000x1800)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
>>9550961
>>9551130
One more for you, now post yours
>>
File: gup_wip3.jpg (492 KB, 1200x800)
492 KB
492 KB JPG
>>9550452
Just filling some holes, nothing too exciting.
>>
File: flat tanks.jpg (552 KB, 1200x795)
552 KB
552 KB JPG
>>9551173
Also my free tanks have arrived.
2 months late and squashed flat, but free. Can't argue with free.

BTW this is what "severe box damage" looks like. Mandarake can never compete.
>>
I completed my first kit - an RG Evangelion Unit 01 - in one sitting today. Does that mean I'm talented and kinda am a prodigy for these things? It wasn't even hard despite being a Real Grade.
>>
>>9551193
It more likely means you didn't sand enough, and you probably didn't panel line, let alone paint.
>>
I saw this kit called the RE/100 Zaku II which is based on War in the Pocket. Is that kit worth picking up at all or am I better of with the others like HGUC or MG?
>>
>>9551207
>panel lining
>on a RG eva
>>
>>9551193
>I completed my first kit
"Completed" among us talented folks means "painted and weathered". If you really did that in one sitting then you are indeed a prodigy. Otherwise you are just snapfagging at incredibly hihg speed.
>>
>>9551193
Snap building is super easy. Give it a gloss top coat, then panel line, gloss coat again, then add stickers/Decals and Matt coat to finish it.
>>
>>9551225
There is one person that ever paints that posts in here. One or two that panel line and topcoat. Maybe a half dozen snappers. They all post work. You never do.
>>
>>9551245
Yes, and? Does Your Highness forbids me to post here?
>>
>>9551239
who is matt
>>
>>9551345
Matthew Coat
>>
>>9551130
>Challenging
>That scale
>>
>>9551345
What >>9551357 said. Way to expose yourself newfriend.
>>
>>9551130
>actually building something challenging
>posts a Charger, not a Challenger
Missed opportunity desu
>>
>>9550819
>We all know toy reviewers aren't exactly the benchmark for anything, they're reviewing fucking toys
If you understand that, what are you complaining about then? This is so bizarre. If a reviewer put in max effort for every kit they reviewed, not only would they upload at a snail's pace, they would also be bad reviews, since they would not demonstrate what the default product itself looked like. Reviews are not the place for that.
>>
>>9550740
His reasoning is that he is very bad at it. PS everyone in the know avoids early reviews. Also bad, inept reviews (like his).
>>
>>9551363

That's 1:24, fairly standard for car kits. Post your builds. Here's a hint: you won't
>>
>>9551368
Post your builds then (you won't)
>>9551418
I'm complaining about the shitty job they do. Yes I'm complaining because I'm aware they're shitty, what about that doesn't add up for you? Scale model builders put in tonnes of effort. Gunpla is easier, all he needs is a few hours more to add the stickers, not even waterslides. He doesn't do it because he's a lazy bum
>>
>>9551424
>PS everyone in the know avoids early reviews
Early reviews have their place, like when you're not sure whether to preorder something and need more details. They serve a clear purpose, it's not really a matter of opinion. You can avoid them all if you want, but all you're doing is limiting the scope of information available to you, it really doesn't have anything to do with whether you personally like the reviewer or not.
>>
>>9550678
You complain about nubs, but the only one I can even see is on the foot, and even then it was mostly removed. Panel lining in general is always very tacky, but otherwise I'm not seeing what's supposed to be wrong with this kit.
>>
>>9551437
>limiting scope of
Nope.
>>
>>9551439
Panel lining is awful for someone who does this full time, and he hasn't used 90% of the stickers. It looks like shit
>>
>>9551439
To be fair, and I loathe him, there is nothing wrong with that kit. Yes it's barebones and basic, but it's complete and clean enough and displays the kit clearly. That's why it's got big, solid black panel lines- to show the detail on the kit clearly to the camera in a straightforward way. Subtlety has no place in that. He's showing you what you get out of the box. Yes, it might look better with custom scribed lines, plasticard additions, and less in-your-face lines but that's not the point and isn't helpful for the review. He has plenty of things to bitch about (and I will) but that kit isn't one of them.
>>
>>9551447
Putting the stickers on and panel lining should be the bare minimum. I can even ignore a lack of panel lining, but not using the stickers that come in the box is just an incomplete kit he's displaying. Models look way different once stickered up
>>
>>9551453
bro who the fuck uses all the stickers in an RG half of them just make it look worse and cover up actual details
>>
>>9551453
No. We all know what the stickers look like and there is 0 extra credit for putting them on. He is showing the kit SANS stickers, decals, metal parts, or any other frills. Those frills obscure the kit itself.
You're complaining that real estate agents paint properties "landlord white" inside and don't get why they necessarily do it. You also think there's some "completion contest" going on where you have to do X thing to get a high score. There isn't, and you don't.
>>
File: hguc_jeganf91a014.jpg (183 KB, 1000x771)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>9551453
As has been noted above, a lot of reviewers (even Japanese ones, like old school ones who still run blogs instead of doing video reviews) do not sticker their kits if they are thinking about painting them later. They can often be hard to remove, especially ones in recessed areas. I do ideally like it if the reviewer shows off the kit exactly as it will look out of the box, without panel lines even, but I get it. It's a pain in the ass, especially for a video review, to do this type of shit in two stages. Even dalong only does two throwaway pics at the end showing this.

By way of example, here's a shot from the blog of an insanely talented Japanese modeler. No decals in the entire review, because he intends to paint later.
>>
>hard to remove sticker
nigga wat
>>
>>9551458
Well he uses none except the eyes and camera and that's even less representative of the completed OOB figure than using all of them
>>9551462
So you don't sticker your kits either? Unless you're customizing or kit bashing, why would you not care what it looks like completed? The pic in the OP is my build and I know it'll be better once I panel line, use Decals and top coat it
>>
>>9551472
But with this guy, I guess the difference is he has a reason not to sticker it up. With mecha gaikotsu, it's laziness and pandering to the algorithm, which is his decision, I'm just saying it's a shitty one. A lot of his kits have looked like crap to me as a newbie until I realized he didn't finish them and then pictures online looked way better with stickers on. Name one reason other than speed and youtube's algorithms for him not to sticker his kits
>>
>>9551482
are there not stickers applied in >>9550678?
>>
>>9551487
No, except for the eyes and camera. Like 90% are still on the sheet.
>>
>>9551477
No, I don't use stickers because I can afford the $8 for decals. Nobody uses stickers except actual young teens. They're irrelevant and the community is rightfully universally hostile towards them. I mean, if you do like stickers and use them and you have fun with that and are satisfied, you already won. But literally nobody wants to see a stickered kit, which is why nobody does it and again, you get no extra credit or legitimacy from doing it.
For me, in a perfect world, all Gundams would be reviewed with a nice light grey primer coat on them and the panel lines blacked in, with clear parts left as-is. Because the less there is interfering with me envisioning MY final result, the better. I want a pure, blank slate presentation. But there wouldn't be much audience for that, I assume.
>>
>>9551494
BZZT, wrong. Aside from possibly two small ones which are not visible from this angle/crop, he has clearly used every one of the 15 stickers that come with the kit. And they're not hard to spot either. Know your facts before you talk shit.
>>
>>9551482
What algorithm exactly detects that his kits are unstickered, and why would that be beneficial to YouTube's platform to promote that? This makes zero sense. If you mean the algorithm in the sense that he's just trying to get reviews out faster, NO FUCKING DUH, that's a point multiple anon have been trying to make ITT, and it has absolutely nothing to do with "pandering to the algorithm," it's simply how business is conducted on big review channels. Like I said earlier, speed is the name of the game. Minutes lost are dollars lost, quite literally, and so what it comes down to is "hmm, should I continue to be able to pay my rent, or pander to a few fastidious weirdos who don't seem to understand the point of reviewing kits?"
>>
>>9551494
The yellow in the wings isn't a sticker?
>>
>>9551482
For someone like him, reviewing isn't a hobby, it's his job. And when you're self-employed like that, there is no "off the clock." Believe me, I used to have a similar type of job, and there is no true downtime. You're always doing something or other for work. Building, research, compiling your thoughts and writing a script, filming, editing, ADR, insert graphics and thumbnails, rendering, and uploading--finishing even one video can take a LONG fucking time. And that's even outside of the hours and hours I spent teaching myself to use a professional DSLR, Photoshop, and Premiere so I could do all of that.

And because of that, the burnout is real. It's really difficult to keep doing this shit day in and day out, even when it's something you love. If I had to build and review kits for a living, I would probably never paint again. I probably would want to see as little gundam shit as possible too when I wasn't building, because that kind of thing overtakes your entire life. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. It's why most of my professional artist friends tell me they don't draw in their free time anymore. They do it so long and intensively at work that there's just no time or energy left for anything else.

Having done it myself, I can't stand when people just write all YouTubers off as lazy. It is a surprising amount of work with a lot of invisible steps that are not readily apparent to those not in the know.
>>
>>9551592
The yellow in the wings, the eyes, the camera, the three yellow parts on the back skirt, and the blue in the shoulder pauldrons are all stickers. As noted in >>9551576, there are 15 stickers in this kit and he seems to have used all of them. >>9551494 literally does not know what they are talking about.
>>
Does anyone know if 1/144 scale diecast cars exist that would work for scale along side gundam for dioramas?
>>
>>9551929
1/144 cars might not, but 1/150 cars do.
>>
>>9551130
So where's your RG with all 300 stickers applied?
>>
>>9551995
The thread image is my current build, I'll post it once complete. Don't see you post anything you've built at all tho.
>>
>>9550678
Gaikotsu's biggest drawback is he isn't a model reviewer, I'm not a fan of his pessimism when a single error that can be remedied with a hobby knife is enough to taint his view of the whole kit. His preference for Bandai and spite for every other manufacturer is very telling.
>>
>>9552006
You're not supposed to care about what the reviewer thinks. Come on, stop being sheeple, think for yourself, third overused corny statement, etc. Reviews are there to give you information. The reviewer is free to insert their own opinions, but that doesn't mean you have to agree with or listen to them. Hell, watch it on mute for all I care. If they demonstrate the basics (like range of motion) and give you a clear look at the kit from all angles, good, that's 75% of a review already. Past that, you can listen to their personal grievances with it, then judge whether that thing is an issue to you or not.

What do I care if he's pessimistic or if his views on a kit get "tainted easily?" I am capable of forming my own opinions, and he provides adequate information for me to do so. Simple as that.
>>
>>9552001
So you don't even make gunpla yet alone gunpla with stickers?
>>
>>9552021
Cope harder dude, post literally any kit you've built. I've posted my first two kits here, this is my third.
>>
Friendly reminder to ignore shitposters.
>>
>>9551475
I think that by hard to remove he means the way they can leave residue behind on the plastic which then needs to be scraped and cleaned off to paint.
>>
>>9551130
>>9551131
>actually posts his work
Noice
>>
>>9550842
Stickers? Fuck no. Watersides? Oh fuck yea anon, I love that step. Dont use 200 though, mabey 184 or so
>>
>>9552015
look out mecha, there's a Wave reissue behind you!
>>
>>9550988
Which ever is cheaper?
>>
>>9552035
If only
>>
>>9551131
people who ask you to post your work during an argument usually don't have anything worthwhile themselves so don't expect anything.
I like your work though, pretty decent but the mud looks a little too "clean" for mud in my opinion.
>>
>>9552048
Just use lacquer thinner, lighter fluid or a swab of 99% iso. Anyone who actually paints has these on hand. Literal non-issue.
>>
File: IMG_20211202_000040.jpg (1.8 MB, 4000x1800)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB JPG
>>9552126
I agree anon, it was my first time. That's my second kit ever. This was my first
>>
I prefer the toyish look a bare model has, and I've never really liked the look of darkening the panel lines. Does anyone else feel this way?
>>
File: ng 1.100 kyrios runners.png (1.07 MB, 1682x498)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
sorry for the shit pic but does anyone know if these are all the runners for the ng 1/100 Kyrios?
>>
File: 0103_runner.jpg (177 KB, 800x598)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>9552341
looks like that's all of them
>>
>>9550883
Cope.
>>
>>9551130
>>9551131
>me buildy vroomvroom car and voomboom tank just wike gwandpa me so gwown up
>>
>>9552126
>WAAAAH STOP CALLING ME OUT FOR BEING HERE TO MAKE SHITPOSTS INSTEAD OF TALKING ABOUT GUNPLA
People wouldn't ask you to post your work if your entire existence wasn't trying to stir up unnecessary shit. Hilarious how literal you take it just to let the point fly that much higher over your head.
>>
>>9552326
I like the toyish plastic look but I love panel lining. It's my favorite part of the entire build.
>>
File: IMG_20200123_085307.png (1.24 MB, 821x751)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>be me
>painted up my kit
>doing panel line inking
>go to remove excess
>realize I just stripped paint off
>mfw I forgot to topcoat
>>
>>9552431
Unironically WAYQ
>>
>Be beginner newfag
>Snap build first gunplas
>Overall happy with work
>Fast forward and look at them now
>Hyperaware of all the shitty nubs I left behind
>Tear them apart to cut/sand them down better
Better late than never I suppose.
>>
File: 87104.jpg (136 KB, 525x1000)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>9552138
are all of your kits handpainted? because the other two kits you posted are much better than this one.
also mark fit super strong? was considering replacing my mr.hobby decal solutions with that.
>>9552465
what qtips/cleaning method and paints are you using? I've had that happen to me often while using tamiya cotton swabs but it's fine to clean washes on most paint types.
>>
Kinda realized I don't like gundam and gundam designs in general.
What are some other mecha franchises that has model kits to get into?
>>
>>9551430
>fairly standard
>challenging
which is it?
>>
>>9550747
> Implying that Mecha paints which takes effort
>>
>>9552425
I'm not seeing you post anything. Seethe more loser
>>
>>9552493
This plane was handpainted. It was a starter set that came with hardened old paints that I thinned water water and a brush. I got an airbrush immediately after tho and it's been great
>>
>>9552550
The 1:24 scale is fairly standard. The car is more challenging than a tank or gunpla for sure. Learn to read and please build and post some gunpla, it may ease your butthurt
>>
File: IMG_20211228_164047.jpg (1.72 MB, 4000x1800)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>9552493
Mark fit super strong is great. Makes decal work a breeze. Any cloudiness goes away with a pledge clear coat so don't worry about it. Dab it with a q tip to get the excess and then clear coat it.
>>
>>9552654
Stop giving the shitposter attention.
>>
>>9552534
not a lot of media with the abundance of kits gundam has but kotobukiya has frame arms which is just its own thing with varied designs.
>>
File: 8382226976_4553656e65_b.jpg (106 KB, 1024x855)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>9552534
>>
>>9552550
>he said you wouldn't and you didn't
like clock work
>>
>>9552534
Goodsmile's Moderoid line offers kits from a number of different sources including Patlabor, Escaflowne, Knights & Magic, Fafner, Shinkalion, Dynazenon, & assorted Super Robot series.
>>
>>9550558
what bothers me it is always the same shit

I found this channel, and holy shit, there is so much variety and he brings new shit to talk about unlike the same EVERY recent release

I will shill the shit out him, watch Hobby Clubhouse

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYyeG1CaTiPT-okiEh6x_qQ
>>
>>9552326
Sometimes, yeah. Depends on the kit. Like, I really don't like the look of topcoated RGs, I find the look of the bare plastic compelling on those.
>>
How the fuck do I spray metallics properly?
>>
>>9552792
avoid tamiya because the pigments are too big and spray (and only spray) them on a gloss black base
>>
>>9552741
what bothers me about dumbass white people is they make no effort to make their own shit and cry whenever asians do something for their own markets, also fuck youtubers
>>
File: yui_04.jpg (768 KB, 2000x1863)
768 KB
768 KB JPG
>>9552807
>gloss black base
Not necessary (unless it's Chrome or Black Chrome maybe). Smooth surface is more important for good looking metallics than black base.
If your part is nice and smooth out of the box and you didn't fuck it up by nub removal, you can wash it and spray metallic lacquer on it as is, no primer, no black base (see pic related).
Use relatively low pressure (10-12psi), be gentle on the trigger and practice, practice, practice.
>>
>>9552654
>I'm not seeing you post anything.
And you never will. I don't need to post anything to make fun of you for posturing over little model kits rofl.

>s-seethe
At least try.
>>
File: 1628558693554.jpg (152 KB, 1110x1239)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
When is the Mars F90 going up on NA P-Bandai?
>>
>>9552326
No, the opposite actually. Each extra step beyond snapping I enjoy because after each step it gets better and better looking, as is the goal in basically any type of model building.
>>
>>9552866
Not that anon, shut the fuck up holy shit you massive retard, its over
>>
>>9552866
>shitposter doesn't have or build any gunpla
lol
>>
>>9551929
>>9551947
surprised that there aren't a lot of 1/144 car plamo even if it is super small.
>>
>>9551929
micro machines, micro tomica
>>
>>9552862
What metallics was used for this?
>>
>>9552954
Alclad.
>>
>>9552658
What's more challenging about it?
>>
>>9552658
Lots of things are more challenging than gunpla. There are also gunpla more challenging than car kits. You're generalizing and it makes you look like a retard.
>>
>>9553102
Painting, gluing, for one. You've never even snap built have you?
>>9553109
I'll believe you know what you're talking about when you post your work
>>
>>9553102
>>9553191
Unless you weren't being snarky, it's much harder than a tank, because it has tonnes of tiny parts that all need to be in a different color and assembled in various stages, so there's lots of painting, and swapping of colors in an airbrush, and not this one but other car kits usually need Masking and layering of paint schemes, compared to a tank that you can just assemble and blast with a coat of paint, gloss topcoat, decal and matte coat and be done with it. The car needs way more steps
>>
>>9553193
Not him but depends on what model and if the part-fit is shit you'll need to do a lot more than just assembly and then there's tracks, I guess the same goes for car models but still.
I do agree that gunpla in general is much easier but it's because gunpla is designed to be very easy and fast to assemble properly with no real small fragile parts, that's one of the main selling points of it.
>>
>>9553205
Honestly I do a lot of research and avoid buying kits that need a lot of putty and sanding, if a newer tool is available. Sometimes it's unavoidable if that's the only kit for the vehicle I want. As for tracks, working on the individual unit style tracks is the worst, I try to avoid those kits too. I mainly build cars that I like, then blow off steam with easy tanks, planes to cool off in between, and when I'm done with a really stressful build, I snapbuild some gunpla to relax
>>
File: supercub110-01tinami.jpg (437 KB, 1675x1412)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
>>9553193
Not him but
>lots of painting
>swapping of colors
>Masking
applies to any non-trivial project, gundam or otherwise.

The only thing that's specific for cars and bikes is the need to polish the body if you're going for the showroom look.
>>
File: TOY-SCL3-37786.jpg (40 KB, 600x450)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>make your own fishing lure model kit

Kind of neat, but surprised there's enough interest to make such a thing.
>>
>>9553269
Huh, I wonder if it would actually work as one, or if the materials would be too flimsy for a real lure.

Maybe replace the plastic hooks with real ones, and put something inside of them, like little lights or something reflective and shiny, like crumpled tinsel, and these could probably work.
>>
>>9553269
as any model of this hobby, add guns to it.
>>
>>9553273
It says in one of the other pictures if you water seal it and replace the hooks, it actually works.
>>
>>9553316
Shouldn't it be, like, heavier than water? With all the air inside, shit's going to float on the surface.
>>
>>9553329
Anyone with a use for fishing lures will have plenty of lead on hand.
>>
>>9553350
Lead is illegal to fish with in most places now. Most sinkers are tungsten now.
>>
File: TOY-SCL3-37786_04.jpg (54 KB, 600x450)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>9553329
It comes with metal balls, you can see them vaguely in the pic >>9553269
>>
>>9553237
Most people don't post any Gundam they work on here, the popular reviewers atleast for the RG's I'm interested in don't put on any of the stickers let alone waterslides. Nobody on here posts painted Gundam kits. Other projects needing painting and Masking doesn't change that gunpla without painting is easier than model kits, especially cars, bikes etc
>>
>>9553191
You do you. Just seems like you're willfully ignoring the prevalence of snapfit car models, as well as the existence of older NG, LM, and SD gunpla. Doesn't make you look that knowledgeable, which is clearly how you want to appear.
>>
>>9553373
>half finishing a gunpla is easier than completely finishing a car model.
Get a load of Einstein over here.
>>
>>9553376
I've repeatedly stated that I've just gotten into gunpla. I'm not talking about snapfit car models, so that's weird to just bring up. I'd have heard of all those grades if you guys ever posted your work. >>9553379
>>9553379
Well I'm going to assume you don't build anything at all until you post your builds. I'm convinced that people on here are either shit at building or just don't build at all.
>>
>>9551435
Is posting work a requirement for making jokes now too?
>>
>>9553437
Yes, you also need proof of vaxxination.
>>
>>9553437
Idk man, this all started with me saying I don't like mecha gaikotsu not finishing his kits. All his rg builds leave all the stickers off. People have been annoying assholes about it, and nobody posts any actual gunpla, which I would like to see anyway
>>
>>9553446
Seems like you'd be happier on Reddit. Not being a dick. Just seems like you'd enjoy their Gunpla discussions more.
>>
>>9552882
Stop replying then.

>>9552913
Posting your work doesn't stop you from being a shitposter. Apparently some people don't understand that PYW isn't literal it's shorthand for "this is the gunpla general not the shitpost general"
>>
>>9553449
>PYW isn't literal it's shorthand for "this is the gunpla general not the shitpost general"
it's shorthand for KYS
>>
>>9553453
Oh okay. PYW.
>>
>>9553446
>and nobody posts any actual gunpla
More people would if casual builds didn't stir up so many shitposters and meltdowns over how anons don't invest dozens of hours into every single kit.
>>
>>9553454
YWNBAW
>>
>>9553456
Thank god.
>>
>>9552425
Dumb shitposter.
>>
>>9553456
>shitposter admits he's from /pol/
Shocking.
>>
>>9553471
>THA SHITPOSTER is one and the same person and he is THA POOOOOOL BOGEYMAN
typical /toy/ intelligence level
>>
>>9553471
I mean the majority of fast boards are more or less homogeneous due to /pol/ culture overflow. Just as easily could be from /v/, /int/, /r9k/, /tv/ etc
>>
>>9553447
How about you don't be so sensitive if I criticize your favorite YouTuber
>>9553455
That's fair I guess and it sucks
>>
File: 1601310506675.gif (864 KB, 500x500)
864 KB
864 KB GIF
>>9553526
Lol. I don't know what fucking YouTuber you're talking about. But people post more of their work on Reddit, because it's a hugbox and nobody gets hazed. You'd probably like those threads more if you want to see more people's work.
>>
>>9553481
>>9553481
>quack
>oh hey it's a duck
>WOW OBSESSED WITH THE DUCK BOGEYMAN MUCH!!!!???
Go back.
>>
>>9553483
All the more reason to remind them where they belong.
>>
>>9553561
How's that been working out for you the last 10 years?
>>
File: 20211222_152951.jpg (1.41 MB, 3264x1504)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
He doesn't post his work, because he doesn't have any work.
>>
>watching english model kit builders on youtube

imagine being this fucking gay
>>
>>9553612
Are those all HG's? Nice shelf anon
>>
>>9553613
This. Why do all westerners suck at presenting a model build?
>>
>>9553564
Don't know don't care.
>>
>>9553613
Why do you type like a 6th grader?
>>
>>9553625
Just got my first rg in the mail, gonna stick to 144 scale due to no room, but I'm considering buying the pg unleashed just as like, A center peice of my collection.
>>
>>9553683
Which one did you get? I'm glad PG's are so expensive, if they were $60-80 cheaper I'd have gotten one eventually but at 240+ they're too much to justify so I'm happy
>>
My local hobby store has gunpla kits priced higher than online stores even after accounting for shipping wtf. Is that normal? I want to give this boomer money and support local businesses but paying $140 for an MG sazabi that retails for ~$100 online makes no sense to me. He has a PG unleashed rx 78 2 for $380 what the fuck
>>
>>9553743
Boomers are typically idiots when it comes to pricing. "Muh margins" is all they can think. If you know the guy well enough, tell him politely that selling the kits for online price + plus + a few dollars is fine. The more people he gets in his store the more sales he make on higher margin items.
>>
>>9551620
It's certainly true that there is an hour of work behind the scenes for every minute of footage, if not much more. It's also a fact that nothing kills your interest in a hobby faster than making it a job. The old wisdom is "if you make a living doing what you love, then you never work a day in your life" but the reality is "once it becomes your job, you start to hate it". The latter is the case far more often than the former.
>>
>>9553743
I’m happy my local store is Gundam Planet because they don’t price gouge like those dumb boomers do
>>
>>9553743
He deserves to go out of business. Which he will sooner than later. Business has had to constantly adapt to the economy and the retail world at large since the dawn of commerce and he's not doing so. Trying to turbo-gouge his remaining loyal customers is the opposite of what he should be doing.
>>
>>9553738
I don't know what the new PGs are like but I got the Mk II PG years ago. The experience of building it was worth the price of admission and I'm sure the engineering has only gotten better.
>>
Shin Getter Moderoid from the Mecha Smile Impact looks interesting.
>>
>>9554129
>panel lines like the shitty infinitism kits
Why can't we just get a good shin getter 1 kit?
>>
>>9554280
I feel the same. Whenever they take the panel lines too far, to me it's just some AU Shin Getter than doesn't have it's own fiction.
>>
>>9554295
I hope they don't do this with the rest of the figures they reveal. We could use some more non gundam mecha kits.
>>
>>9553191
Imagine bragging about being able to glue together a plastic model
>>
>>9553446
We all know you've never built an RG if you think they actually look better with all the stickers
>>
>>9553996
I didn't need to hear this anon. Fuck
>>
>>9554387
Mine is the thread image, and I'm decaling it as we speak.
>>
>>9554372
Let's see your builds
>>
>>9554406
well the good news is they only make so many PGs, they're a once in a lifetime experience I say
>>
If you're jerking off over who's model kit is "more challenging" to build then you're in this hobby for the wrong reasons lmao.
If you care so much about skill take up a profession that people give a shit about. Bragging about model kits being challenging just comes off as "I'm bad at everything else in life so I have to force myself to be competitive at the niche dweeb hobby that I spend all day on"
>>
>>9554484
Funny thing is, people who are achievers professionally also take pride in their achievements in other aspects of their life.
On the other hand, people who are content with being mediocre in their hobbies usually are mediocre in everything else. Remind you of anyone, anon?
>>
>>9554535
>Remind you of anyone, anon?
You tell me, you're the one projecting.
>>
>>9554484
this is a thread about modelling, if you're angry about people putting effort into what they enjoy then I'll have to ask you to leave.
>>
>>9554560
Please work on your reading comprehension.
>>
File: Capture.png (1.31 MB, 1303x644)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
rrobbert184 is back, but now he's doing Lego videos instead of Gundam? Anyone know whats going on here?
>>
>>9554634
most likely got kicked out of his HLJ job
>>
File: interviewNK01.jpg (29 KB, 500x386)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>9554634
I also remember him causing drama and making NgeekKhiong quit
>>
Best and only use I've found for my coof masks is to wear one when I get overzealous sanding so I don't get lung AIDS ebola or mesothelioma from inhaling all that plastic dust I keep blowing everywhere.
>>
>>9554560
I'm the guy you replied to, I only said that to people that don't post their own work but asked me to post mine despite me being the only one that posts anything here and I'm new to gunpla. You're mad at the wrong people on a thread dedicated to talking about gunpla kits we build
>>
>>9554668
>thinking those will protect you
>>
>>9554668
Surgical masks are not fine enough to filter plastic dust, they also aren't entirely sealed from the outside unlike actual dust masks.
>>
>>9554668
Use an N95 for dust, that's what they're made for
>>
>>9554535
Did you read this in a self help book?
>>
>>9554640
He never had a HLJ job. If he did he wouldn't have been such a shitty kike.
>>
>>9554280
This looks like a just model kit of the Riobot. That CCS one, not that looks like a cracked infinitism kit. All these new takes on Shin make me feel like my old SRC is awesome or the interesting take of the Threezero isn’t too bad.
>>
>>9554829
>>9554845
>>9554852
Nah I fell for the coof scare way back when and dashed out for a pack of N95s. They've been sitting just collecting dust in my bathroom closet.
Highlight of my time with gunpla has involved cutting pieces down and the gate nubs kept hitting me in the face.
>>
>>9554659
Can you elaborate?
>>
>>9554280
>>9554295
You know you can just fill in these lines?
>>
>>9553743
>Is that normal?
yes. this local anime store has a ton of gunpla kits but they are all way overpriced even when taking shipping into consideration.
when they got their RG hi-nu, they were selling them for $120.
luckily though, this other regular hobby sells gunpla at a fair price. usually only like $10 markup.
i know you want to do the right thing and support local businesses but sometimes they arent worth supporting and deserve to die.
they probably sell things that overpriced because other people had the same feeling as you did so they caved in and bought overpriced shit so now they think they can get away with it.
>>
File: rrobert.png (958 KB, 1122x553)
958 KB
958 KB PNG
>>9554943
rrobert destroyed his old HG 1/100 wing, so NgeekHiong went on a full fucking meltdown. then closed his blog

shame, I like his blog as an aggregate for gunpla/jap toy news/pics
>>
>>9554962
>rrobert destroyed his old HG 1/100 wing
Like on purpose, or accidentally? Also, why did that bother the other guy??
>>
>>9554854
I don't read those, but you sure sound like you do lol.
>>
>>9554969
rrobert threw the old wing outside of the balcony from his apartment. he said the MG Wing TV is so good, the hg is pointless.

so, ngeekhiong, being a seamonkey, never had a lot of money growing up, ragetarded because someone was willing to destroy toys
>>
>>9554935
of course an antivaxer would be the type to be so moronic they hit themselves in the face with nubs regularly
>>
>>9554992
>>9554962
This is sociopathic behavior, what the fuck? That rrobert guy that everyone idolized was a fucking maniac all along? If someone did that to me, not only would they be cruising for a bruising, I'd make them go track down and buy me the fucking vintage kit again.
>>
>>9554792
>I'm the guy you replied to
Are you blind or just trying to LARP? He replied to >>9554484 which is me, and he didn't even read it properly.

>>9554975
>still projecting
>>
>>9555042
its not NgeekHiong's toy. it was rrobert's own hg 1/100 wing that he threw outside of his balcony.

ngeek then rage tarded about the gundam community being toxic, about someone stealing his hard work of scanning monthly hobby japan images. etc etc etc and what not
>>
>>9553449
It's very reassuring to believe that anyone who has a different view than you is a shitposter but reality is a bit more complicated than that.
Regardless, a shitposter who can contribute with something of this craft is much more respectable than a shitposter who has nothing, absolutely nothing.
>>
>>
>>9555091
You can strawman for days but it won't make your life any less empty.
>>
>>9555108
At this point these threads are primarily shitposts. Remember this is what you pro-gatekeeping people wanted. :)
>>
File: FJEAHSVacAECl8l.jpg (245 KB, 1180x882)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
anything you guys look forward to? not bandai kits of course
>>
>>9555159
dann, shin getter, and gridman are mandatory locks that i will pay scalper prices for if i have to, but there are a lot of great picks here. guys on /m/ have been asking for anything godannar for years so i'm happy for them. i think that list is missing a few announcements though, cross ange's vilkiss and some others also got announced
>>
>>9555159
>big o is finally getting a new kit after 20 years
I hope they do the other megadeuses later on down the line.
>>
>>9555186
>megadeuce
hehehe
>>
>>9555159
I only care about Promare kits from this.
>>
File: question-mark.jpg (130 KB, 1920x1920)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
How do people import those gundam base kits these days?

Used to use gentei kits and nippon yassan but gentei is gone and NY lost all credibility towards collectors (to me they just over charged me one too many times and during a dispute they replied to my ENGLISH inquiry with FUCKING FRENCH but while they gave me a refund I was just asking what was happening so I guess general incompetence)

A google search has taken me down to seven side imports which reminds me of gentei's operation but smoother buuuuuuuut I really just want that gundam base RG hi nu gundam because I'm too lazy to paint and it looks alright

Note that I'm not american so a JP based operation would be nice, I have proxies but middle man fee's are a bitch so those are reserved for special cases, I COULD wait for them to show up on mandarake but I don't want to fuck around knowing the trouble people had trying to get the regular kit
>>
File: Meganite.jpg (56 KB, 800x600)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>9555159
Seems they're just giving out moderoid releases, and my boys get snubbed again...
>>
File: moderoids.jpg (1.4 MB, 2051x2560)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
>>9555159
>>9555163
Yes, that wasn't a full list. Here's better version. Everything after the red line (in other words - anything without Moderoid mark) aren't kits
>>
>>9555159
The Patlabor kits and RoboCop 2.
>>
File: 1642168574840.jpg (55 KB, 962x726)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>
https://youtu.be/zJf8x5QN8So
Presentation of all the new kits.
>>
File: 1642169190391.jpg (47 KB, 897x731)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>
>>9555210
>>9555222
What's this? That chinese "metal build robot damashii"-like figure?
>>
File: 1642170355607.jpg (64 KB, 1015x736)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>
File: 1642170807531.jpg (57 KB, 971x722)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>
>>9555159
Always wanted a model of Dan. And I was expecting a shin getter model but thought it would be bandai and not goodsmile.
>>
File: 1642170839071.jpg (47 KB, 932x727)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>
>>9555210
>>9555222
>>9555240
>>9555248
>>9555271
Daban?
>>
File: 1642171724581.jpg (52 KB, 977x708)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>
File: 1642171783613.jpg (49 KB, 942x735)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>
File: 1642172057270.jpg (66 KB, 1023x743)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>
Stop spamming
>>
File: 1642172217006.jpg (61 KB, 928x717)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>
File: 1642173016142.jpg (24 KB, 517x718)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>
File: 1642173627440.jpg (44 KB, 975x687)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>
>>9555221
Very cool, wonder if Cain from Robocop will have a little container of nuke
>>
File: into the trash.jpg (45 KB, 300x400)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>9555210
>>9555222
>>9555240
>>9555248
>>9555271
>>9555276
>>9555280
>>9555284
>>9555288
>>9555301
>>9555315
>non-canon overgreebled chinkshit
the trashman cometh for ye
>>
>>9555159
I wonder, do you think they'll ever do Vifam kits? I love the aesthetic of their designs, especially the title mech
>>
>>9555196
Side 7 is slow as fuck. Ordered 2 kits in july. Shipped december. Probably still 3 months out from delivery. Ordered a handful of kits last march. Nothing shipped yet. Youre best bet is buying a single item and hoping he doesnt take 7 months to ship it. Yeah the situation is still shitty but like damn the wait times are terrible just to get anything out. Any if the ild reliable places are backed up with preorders and youll be waiting for anything to come in stock regardless.
>>
the fuck am I looking at?
>>
>>9555387
So a few questions regarding these.

>were they pre-orders or instock
They did mention there would be wait times for pre-ordered stuff which is understandable, instock supposedly it's on hand
>shipping method
lately I've been forced to use dhl on everything from japan because where I am is still fucked in terms of mail options, so what *did* you use or the options?
>prices
are they usd?

And finally, anywhere else you might reccomend that does work more favorably?
>>
looks like a plastic kit conversion of the metal build Kshatriya
>>
>>9555411
You are going to be stuck with dhl or fedex for shipping options or option 3 the slow boat from okinawa. Side 7 ships the boat method but you can contact him and pay more to ship through dhl.

The mk2 real type I ordered was in stock when I ordered it. Still took 5 minths to ship out. The other order with some preorders, they were August 2020 releases at the latest and havent shipped yet. Any of the other options are out of stock or youll pay more for shipping a single kit from mandarake than the kit cost itself.
>>
>>9555387
they are slow but at least they are trustworthy. ill just order from them and then try to forget about it. theres never a time where i need a kit ASAP.
>>
File: 1221761439876.jpg (24 KB, 542x407)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>9555198
>Aestivalis Land Frame
YOU GET TO BURNING!
Wonder if there'll be a 0G variant so I can get Buttercup Squad. On a related note, with Bandai making new kits like the Alteisen, if it's at all possible to produce a new Aestivalis since Bandai absorbed Xebec unless there's a "rights issue."
>>
>>9555159
Madox-01, although Big O has me excited for the possibility of Big Duo and Big Fau.

I'll probably also get around to that Fafner kit when I get around to those episodes.
>>
>>9555338
there's really not that much greeble on it though.
>>
>>9555159
zeorymer and madox01
>>
File: BhUHrBZCcAE6KhQ.jpg (36 KB, 500x634)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>9555159
from GSC, Madox 01, Daiteioh, Godannar and Daiohja.
Otherwise, the Power Dolls Power Loader reissue from Plum.
>>
>>9555705
There's more of a "Bandai giving a shit"-issue.
>>
File: rct47023_0.jpg (291 KB, 1500x1068)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>9555159
This.
>>
File: pyoi4oouarx51[1].png (312 KB, 640x320)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
well these kits kinda sucked. glad i got them on sale at hobby lobby.
most of the pieces dont snap together right so everything had a pretty big gap in them. pretty much just had to glue everything together.
i mainly got them just to paint them since i already do miniature paintings. funny enough though, i havent painted any real kits yet since i dont own an airbrush yet.
>>
>>9555159
Big fucking O, I'm still in disbelief we're getting a new kit after two decades. I hope they do the rest.
>>
>>9555159
bandai really needs to get the stick out of their arse when newer model kit manufacturers comes with lineups like this giving people what they want.
>>
File: 1.png (2.6 MB, 1687x948)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB PNG
Assembled my first 'pla
I think I shall get some more soon
>>
>>9556577
Speak for yourself, I'm a lot more excited for upcoming Gunpla kits than any of that shit in the Moderoid image.
>>
>>9556577
Gundam makesu rots of yen, prease understandu.
>>
>>9555198
This is amazing but why are they revealing so much at once?
>>
redpill me on moderoid kits. will it have an inner frame like bandai master grades? quality-wise is it more compareable to an rg or an hg?
>>
>>9556662
To generate hype probably.
>>
File: 20220114_212410~2.jpg (1.29 MB, 2448x2785)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
Anons I'm new here but today I was asked for my nippers because they were needed wasn't told what for but I found out later it was used on a washing machine I don't know what to say
>>
>>9556689
You could ask for a replacement, if you are in good standing with the borrower.
>>
>>9556706
I hate the borrowers guts but it's whatever should I just get some better ones instead and if so what would you recommend
>>
>>9556717
God Hand SPN120. Tamiya. Mineshima.
>>
File: 2031680.jpg (162 KB, 980x653)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>9556662
This is normal form factor for GSC/Max Factory reveals. You'll have something that's a guaranteed release that'll probably be up for preorder within a month or two (ie: Shin Getter 1), stuff that's definitely getting made down the line due to success of past releases (Full Powered Gridman, combined Rayearth, probably the Patlabor stuff), some stuff with painted prototypes to say "We're really considering this one you guys" (Tzendorg, Big O, the Power Loader, Giant Robo), and the stuff that didn't get a physical prototype at the show (Vilkiss, Lio de Galon, the Granbelm mechs, etc) that may get made in the future but there's a greater than 0% chance that they'll go to the great trash bin in the sky. For example, this pic is from Summer WF 2018, and every figma in this image except for Priss & her Motoslave were released within a few years after these prototypes were shown.

tl;dr most of these reveals will be released through 2022/3, some might get pushed back as far as 2024, and some might not even get released at all.
>>
>>9555159
At a glance I definitely want the Ingram w/ vest, both Granbelm kits, the Getter, & Big O
>>
>>9556717
>I hate the borrowers guts
Why the fuck did you let them borrow it then? Why would you let anyone borrow nippers for any reason unless they were building a kit right next to you?
>>
File: 1637152545451.jpg (76 KB, 619x626)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>9556689
>my nippers
your pic related is wire stippers though? you need a better bait
>>
File: 1642227993107.jpg (37 KB, 533x800)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
wow. it looks like shit.
>>
File: 1642228125936.jpg (38 KB, 533x800)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>
>>9556961
>>9556964
It's an early prototype of course it's not going to look perfect.
>>
File: 1642228554911.jpg (31 KB, 533x800)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>
File: 1642228608037.jpg (33 KB, 533x800)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>
>>9556812
I have the exact same one what would I get out of lying
>>
>>9556802
I can't really tell my uncle no so I just went with it
>>
>>9555678
That's fine, least I know they aren't going to FORCE me to use the boat.

Hrm, seems about right, one man operation, doesn't *actually* keep stock in hand but rather reliant on (for gundam base stuff) has to go out and buy them, etc, as long as I know they work
>>9555700
excellent, thank you for the input

now to wait for that rg hi nu to show up
>>
>>9556587
Not bad, but whats goin on with the setup? I like it, where did you get the shrubbery / weeo/rocks?
>>
>>9556812
They got dented anon ;-;
>>
>>9556970
>I can't really tell my uncle no
you sound pretty beta.
i bet he rapes you
>>
>>9556969
So they squeezed so hard on a metal bar that the blades were bent to take the shap of the bar?
>>
>>9556975
Got any other jokes? Bet you've used that one before
>>
>>9556977
Yeah what else am I supposed to say
>>
>>9556977
Ive cut steel bass guitar strings at .105 with a pair of entry nippers. Not the best cut but they did chip the blades a bit. If anon is not lying then it looks like theybtried to cut all 3 of the ground and negative and positive cables at one time. Its possible but that would take some force and Id guess the cable would go first or the pivot screw.
>>
>>9556988
Thank you anon :)
>>
>>9556977
Solid copper wire is no joke, man.
>>
>>9556975
Seek help.
>>
File: 20220115_005735~2.jpg (258 KB, 1373x900)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
Pic of the other side if anyone cares
>>
>>9557007
I like how this jackass didn't stop after one attempt, clearly seeing the metal was too soft for whatever the fuck they were doing. Tell him to buy you a new one...
>>
File: 1633093998973.gif (742 KB, 641x538)
742 KB
742 KB GIF
ONTARIO BROS (and other 'eastern' canadians), what the dealio is up with the prices for pretty much everything going up suddenly? I notice that even for like $20 HG kits, prices on restocks are up around $5. Is this shipping constraint related? Is it inflation? Anyone else notice what I mean?
>>
>>9557010
Anon I rather no talk to him like he just upsets me so much I could pop a blood vessel if I wanted to
>>
>>9557015
the distributor for canada, PLAMOD, changed their shipping policies like 3 months ago, they no longer offer bulk free shipping, so now you see 12 dollar SD kits being marked for 16 CAD
>>
>>9557022
why did they change their policy? is it covid related? For the cheaper kits its basically a 20% increase in price... feelsbad
>>
>>9557031
china virus fucked up shipping everywhere, simple as
>>
>>9557036
*trump virus
>>
>>9557036
>>9557093
>>
>>9557020
This is why your nippers are broken.
>>
File: RO229849 (2).jpg (70 KB, 696x569)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
I LOVE Zaku Heads. So simple and yet I can customize it or even kit bash it whatever I want.

picrel is what I made 2 years ago. Something happened that put me on gunpla building hiatus for 2 years. Now it's time to come back.
>>
>>9557136
go get another booster you ropewarmer lmao
>>
>>9557036
Honestly, everyone deserves getting rightfully fucked over from sheer incompetence.
>>
>>9557036
Somehow only DHL has been able to ship to me in an acceptably timely manner despite General Tsao's Lung Foul Sicken hammering everything. Money really does fix any problem.
>>
>>9557168
And patience, if you had any.
>>
>>9557168
I have a firm belief that DHL consists of wizards with teleportation abilities, truly the real heroes of these dark times.
>>
>>9557168
>order something from Japan to Australia with DHL
>package does Japan -> Hong Kong -> Singapore -> Perth in under 3 days
>>
>>9556972
Some dried bark from a dead tree I picked while hiking and I bundled a bunch of twigs for the dead trees, smoke is some cotton blasted with black primer on top. All easy one-day scenery pieces
>>
>>9557136
1 putin was too much of a pussy to invade ukraine when trump was our president. Jewy joe takes money from russia. Now russia is invading ukraine. Guess trump wasnt putins bitch but joe biden sure the fuck is, and only for a little bit of money.

2 the virus was cooked up by fucking obama and all his loyalists. Democrats also insisted we fly 100,000 chinks sick with the virus they funded and then set them loose. Democrats gathered and worshipped the gold casket of a covid positive corpse. Democrats enforce a heavy handed set of rules and mandates and lockdowns, then fly oit to florida or texas and go party without masks. Then expect us to take a vaccine shot they have not and will not. And get to take the horse paste when they get sick.

3 you are a piece of shit. Dont be upset someone challenged your lies. You are a worse person than donald trump will ever be. All your virtue signalling doesnt hide that.
>>
File: gunpla thread.png (33 KB, 242x242)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
here goes reddit vs pol again
>>
>>9557296
Rooting for /pol/ tbqh.
>>
>>9557265
>Now russia is invading ukraine
This is what they're telling you and you're believing? Lol.
>>
>>9557304
Yeah its less an invasion and more joe biden selling their sovereignty out to russia and posturing for optics.
>>
Anyone know when the pre-order window for the RG God Gundam is supposed to take place? It's the first RG kit that really got me and I want to get that one
>>
>>9557343
it's been up for preorder on hlj since it was announced
>>
>>9557003
Thats like using a screwdriver as a hammer, holy shit. Good thing those are cheap nippers. On a slight side note- as long as your not using them to cut electronic cables or solid copper wire they are pretty dang good for the price. Usually just have to use my hobby blade for cleanup.
>>
>>9557129
How did you go about making the head in your pic?
>>
anyone order from usagundamstore? curious to know if they're worth ordering any gunpla kits from
>>
>>9551130
chrome plated parts? looks nice regardless
>>
>>9557265
>>9557323
You are completely unhinged. Please go back to your crazy people containment board if saying trump virus is all it takes for you to fly off the handle like this.
>>
>>9557422
I bet they'd be fine with thin stranded copper wires. Hell, the nippers in my soldering toolkit are very similar to the "one step above the cheapest" ones you see in hobby shops.
>>
>>9556961
why is it so off model?
what's with that horrible silver giraffe neck?
>>
>>9557658
Early prototype, keiichi sato already said he's going to be supervising so expect to see it updated.
>>
>>
>>9557672
>early prototype
>already has injection molds
nigga, that's what you're gonna get
>>
>>9557587
not him, but if the society is divided it makes sense that monglian yak shaving website threads would be too
or did you think this hobby is exclusive to soi sucking cucks like yourself? you don't hear me telling you to "go back" to reddit, so kindly stfu
>>
>9557810
>mental illness: the post
>>
>>9557556
nah if you go outside and talk to real normal people you will realise that the internet covid fans are just as insane and retarded as the poltards. horseshoe theory is real
>>
>>9557845
>covid fans
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>9557860
It's short for fanatic. Covid fanatics aren't uncommon.
>>
>>9557745
Tooling looks pretty rough on the ribs; and the orange bits that I would presume to be clear plastic on release look like they're candy painted here. To me, that says painted prototype.
>>
>>9557170
Time is the problem that needs fixed, retard. Waiting for months to get my purchases isn't "patient", it's low IQ.

>>9557177
>>9557189
I think it's just airplanes plus better logistics capabilities due to their much lower volume and much more capable employees than say USPS. Or maybe they do just use teleportation circles. Could be instant but they wait 2 or 3 days so they don't completely give away the game to the mudbloods or whatever.

>>9557422
Back when I was a wee lad and had one pair of clippers I had to use for everything, I had these Fiskar's that could cut a copper penny clean in half, could cut steel wire for pinning metal miniatures, and still had a totally clean, sharp edge. I kept those motherfuckers for about 15 years before some family member disappeared them. Never found out who or where they went, and Fiskars hasn't made them for many years so they were irreplaceable.
Everything since then has ended up like the "bait" pic if you try to cut wire or whatever with them. Even soft 1mm copper rod dents most nippers I find these days. So now I have some trash wire cutters for the grunt work and save the $35+ ones for plamo. tldr they don't make 'em like they used to I guess, I miss when steel meant steel and not "questionable recycled-three-times greyish mystery metal from Chinese scrapyard"

>>9557471
Me. I have used them several times in the last year or so. I hear mixed stories about them (probably the same as all retailers) but with 6+ orders of varying sizes they've always been 100% on point, prompt with preorders, and responsive to questions. Prices have been good. Shipping is a mixed bag because it's $10 flat rate with whatever carrier they feel like using that day, which lead to a fucked up package with a forklift hole in it one time (which they did correct and had a replacement shipped the same day with my choice of carrier). If you are getting a big order the $10 flat charge is great but it prevents me from ordering paint pots etc.
>>
>>9557471
They're fine you people need to quit being so fucking weird and paranoid about gunpla retailers.
Worst you'll ever have to deal with is long shipping times and/or scuffed box corners.
>>
>>9557899
>Covid fanatics
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>9558027
He ment your a dumb bitch that needs to talk about plastic robots in the plastic robot thread.
>>
>>9557424
First I painted it white with white primer spray can. Then I use masking tape to create those stripes and I paint the model with green British racing spray can. The bronze is simple painting with brush with bronze tamiya paint.

I always love coloring pipes with bronze because it's supposed to cool the Suit with coolant liquid right?
>>
>>9557587
Oh look a neoliberal democrat trying to bully someone out of a hobby. Never seen that before never ever never in the history of the universe. Oh theyre upset. Gonna burn a trashcan and shoplift to calm the nerves?
>>
>>9555159
>>9555198
This is really exciting to see. It's regrettable that I'm not personally interested in like 80% of it, but the few kits that I do want are big wins. I never thought we'd get new Nadesico kits, that's pretty amazing.
>>
>>9555196
>>9555387
Same experience here. Side7 was so slow it was downright alarming (started to wonder if I'd gotten scammed), but my kit did eventually arrive. If you are very patient, they seem legit.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (9 KB, 181x197)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>9556739
WTF?
>>
>>9557911
The ribs are messily painted. This is a final design. You can quote me when this PoS comes out
>>
Where does everyone buy their gunpla kits? BBTS? Brick and mortar hobby/craft stores?
>>
>>9557745
They do prototypes with 3D printing technology, not molds hence why you see it painted so shoddily.
>>
>>9558663
local hobby store. they only get small shipments of recent kit but at least they dont overprice them.
other than that for online i just use newtype, gundampros and USAGS.
ive bought a few from BBTS but i dont like how they handle preorders.
they just put listings up even though they have no idea if they are going to get the kit.
i had a preorder of the PG Zaku2 since march of last year when they put up a new listing for it and every month that passes, it just bumps up the estimated arrival date.
they dont charge anything until shipped so thats why i still have it on preorder.
>>
File: dabanhaykushiki.jpg (766 KB, 1850x1042)
766 KB
766 KB JPG
I bought a Daban Hyaku Shiki MG at my local hobby store.

they got a Jadg Doga MG, but I decided against it, cause I'm still reeling over how bad the Bandai RE1/100. also it cost the same as the Daban Sazabi MG.

Anyway, I'm really impressed. They really closely copied the gold coating. And the MG itself is a straight up way better than a Tallgeese despite only having fewer runners.

I will try to see how good it looks without any effort
>>
>>9558800
What's gunpla general overall view of Daban products?
>>
>>9558118
Forgot your meds again anon?
>>
>>9558051
Nah but I know what he meant. I just wanted him to admit it.
>>
>>9558663
I'm lucky to have 4 hobby stores between 15 and 30 mins away
>>
>>9558807
95%-98% accuracy to the original Bandai.
there's some kits that are modified like the Daban's MG Jadg Doga.

But never buy the kits that have 3.0 hands. its shit. you have to buy another separate 3.0 hands kit.
>>
>>9556511
What the fuck guess I'm going to hobby lobby
>>
>>9558848
Lucky indeed, bro.
>>
>>9558672
that surface texture is not achievable by resin 3D printers, and is not consistent with hand polishing.
>>
>>9558853
How do I know if a model has 3.0 hands?
>>
File: 4yi6od42q0f01.jpg (68 KB, 640x640)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>9558923
3.0 hands is the one Bandai calls Emotional Manipulator hands. its the individual articulated fingers hand.

There's only few Daban kits uses these, like the Gundam ver.3.0, Sazabi ver.Ka. Sinanju Stein ver.Ka, Nu Gundam ver.Ka. and Hi-Nu Gundam ver.Ka.
>>
>>9558807
>>9558853
btw daban's MGs sometimes aren't just exact copies, sometimes they change proportions too. For example that hyakushiki has shorter legs, longer torso, narrower waist, face is slightly different too

>But never buy the kits that have 3.0 hands. its shit. you have to buy another separate 3.0 hands kit.
Daban's articulated hands are bad in general. I've cursed everything while trying to pose hyakushiki
>>
>>9558800
>decided against it, cause I'm still reeling over how bad the Bandai RE1/100
the daban jagd doga improves on the re/100 in a bunch of ways. they added a full internal frame (it's a modified geara doga frame), more surface detail, and more gimmicks. it's the kit that the re/100 should have been in the first place.

when you look at daban kits, if the model number starts with 66 it's a straight copy of the bandai kit, if the model number starts with 88 it's a kit that daban has redesigned in some way.
>>
>>9558853
the zz ver ka bootleg commonly attributed to daban isn't actually daban, it's a company called aa model which as far as i can tell has only ever put out this kit. it's mistaken for daban because they use a similar model number format, probably intentionally for this reason.
daban use 66xx and 88xx, the aa model zz ver ka is 3301
>>
>>9558818
>fOrGoT mEds
>yOu ArE uNhInGeD

Youre such a one note pony.
>>
File: 66.jpg (52 KB, 960x640)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>9559008
>if the model number starts with 66 it's a straight copy of the bandai kit
Hyaku shiki is 6648 and you can see that it's different
>>
These are for sale.

Messer HG: 30
Kampfer MG: 32
Hildolfr Ex Model: 55
GM Sniper MG:30
Persona 5 Arsene:40
One Piece Moby Dick:13
One piece TRAFALGAR-LAW'S SUBMARINE:12
Spircle Striker Mugen:30
Char Zgok MG:30
Hyakuri HG:12
Geirail HG:10
R-Gyagya HG:15
Frame arms Durga I: REbuild:40
Hi-Mock HG: 10
Rouei HG:12
Ultraman Suit 7.5: 35
Shin Musha Gundam MG: 40
Drift Transformer:45
BB Neo Zeong: 15
Riesen Panzer IV: 30
General Franky:35
Messer HG:25
Crossbone RG: 25
Shiden HG:10
Aura Battler Dunbine MG:30
AT-ST:25
Guard Frame HG:10
Striker GX HG:12
Pbandai Regelgu HG: 40
Galbady Rebake HG:20
Eldora Brute HG: 17
Phantasy star online 2 AIS: 35
GM Sniper II MG:30
Gouf Custom MG:30
Guncannon MG: 25

Will do discounts on multiple, and generally package extras if there is room.
>>
>>9559190
Which PSO2 AIS is it?
>>
File: 10489206p.jpg (208 KB, 1200x726)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>9559200
This one. I believe its called "Exord" but translations of the name are inconsistent.
>>
>>9559218
Hmm, I don't like that one quite as much as the other two (pink or grey), but if you've still got it on the 28th I'll probably buy it.
>>
File: 1625701500036.jpg (32 KB, 500x333)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>9558431
No prob. I'll be sure to quote "that retarded anon who couldn't tell a painted prototype from a production run kit."
>>
New thread: >>9559229
>>
>>9559190
I suppose you're in the US and won't be shipping anything overseas?
>>
>>9559047
Which one is Daban?
>>
Ive just started watching Gundam, starting with the 1980 movies.

Always liked mechs - what's a good kit/line to begin with? Preferably larger scale.
>>
>>9559047
Seeing them like this, I think you've sold me on the Daban. I always thought the MG 2.0 was too leggy, which made its head look even smaller. Daban's coating even looks better to me--it seems to shine brighter, and it's a deeper, more saturated gold.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.